The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Epilogue 8/Sept/10

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) A/N 16/Mar/10

Post by killjoy »

Don't worry this story is NOT dead :lol:

Jan's whole family....including herself has came down with a very nasty bug.So not only is she fighting off the bug herself she's doing the mom/wife thing of taking care of the family.Once she's back to 100 percent will have this story back up.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Chpt 29 10/May/10

Post by Janetfl »

KJ and I would like to thank everyone that left feedback and bumps for this story. I have to say that the delay, yet again, was totally my fault. The kids have been going through some sort of "CATCH EVERYTHING" bug. I'm not even going to say anything else because everytime I promise something the kids fall sick!!! :lol: So thank you for understanding ...

Ellie
Vanessa x2
Ginger
roswell3053
Eve
Lou
Monica
Carolyn
Ashita
AvalonRose
April x2
Carrie x 4
Destiny

THANKS FOR ALL THE CONGRATS AS WELL!!!!!!

Chapter 29

*DING*

“I can’t believe after all the fun we’ve had today you end up bringing me here,” said Liz, as she watched Max press the button that would take the elevator to the floor his office was on.

Max turned, took one look at her beautiful pouting lips and smiled. He couldn’t help remembering the way they had spent their day; or how Liz had tricked him.

“Hey, it’s not that I didn’t have fun today at Joey’s Pool Hall, it’s just that I really need to go into the office to take care of a few things,” said Max.

“It was fun today. I nearly died of laughter when you thought the pool hall was going to be full of big sweaty biker men drinking beer and smoking.”

“I did get a shock when I walked into that building. It’s a very classy place. I love the fact that they have a dance floor on the higher level and the pool tables on the lower one.”

“Oh you wait until you go in there in the evening. It has a whole different atmosphere. It’s like going to your favourite club to dance and yet you have all the fun of playing pool in between. You have to book in advance for the evening though, it gets that busy,” said Liz.

“Well that’s another date we can go on then. I’ll look forward to going there at night.”

“I really enjoyed myself today Max, especially when I won the bet.”

“Oh I bet you did. You know you could have warned me BEFORE I accepted the bet that you used to date a pro pool player.”

Liz laughed.

“Of course I wasn’t going to tell you that Max. What girl could refuse a bet like that?”

“God, I’m dreading what you’re going to come up with.”

“The look on your face was priceless when I sunk all those balls on my first break,” laughed Liz.

“That’s because I knew I was in trouble.”

“Well you know a deal is a deal right?”

“I won’t renege on our bet Liz but just remember I’m not used to this kind of stuff,” said Max.

Liz’s eyes suddenly lit up and she moved closer to Max, placing her hand on his hard, muscular, shirt covered chest.

“You know, I don’t think I’ve ever had sex in an elevator before.”

“And you’re not going to now either,” said Max, his eyes wide as saucers.

Liz’s smile turned predatory. She slowly moved her hand across the expanse of his chest and started to undo the top buttons of his crisp white shirt.

“Oh and why not?”

Max gently grabbed her hand to halt her descent on his buttons. He rested his forehead against hers and whispered, “Because anyone could walk in here. Not to mention that there is a camera in here.”

He pointed the lens out to Liz.

“Oh poo,” Liz sighed. “I guess I’ll have to settle for this then.”

Liz stood on tiptoe, fisted the hair at the nape of his neck and brought him down for a searing kiss.

*DING*

“Whoa, did you hear bells?” asked Liz, in a daze.

“Uh Liz, I think that was the elevator signalling our arrival.”

As the doors to the lift opened, the noise of a busy office hit their ears. Phones were ringing, slight murmur of voices in the background and people bustling around the office with a purpose.

“Wow you’re a bunch of busy little beavers here aren’t you?”

“Yeah, my dad doesn’t like time to be wasted,” said Max.

“Where is the ladies room? I need to go and powder my nose,” said Liz.

“Just go through those doors over there and it’s the second door on the left.”

“Okay thanks. I’ll meet you in your office. Where is it by the way?”

“My office is just down there on the left,” said Max, pointing down the hallway.

Liz manoeuvred her way through the desks and headed out towards the toilets. Max headed towards his office, making a quick stop along the way.

“Good afternoon Carrie,” said Max.

“Max, I didn’t expect you in today. Is that Miss Parker?”

“Yes Carrie, that’s Miss Parker. I just popped into the office to pick up those Parker reports we were working on yesterday, make a few phone calls and then I’ll be leaving for the rest of the day.”

“Okay Max, I’ll just print off the reports and then I’ll bring them to you. Oh and here are your messages for today.”

“Thanks Carrie,” replied Max, as he headed towards his office.

This was her chance. She never expected Max Evans to show up today. According to his secretary, he was out for the day. She couldn’t believe her luck.

She had done extensive research into Evans, Davenport & Sears. Max Evans was the son of Phillip Evans, the majority shareholder of the company. He liked to run every morning, was a workaholic, single and best of all, according to her sources, he was very naive. That made him an easy target to wrap around her finger. Yes, Max was the perfect candidate for her to sleep her way to the top. What better way than the boss’s son?

He was the youngest lawyer to land the infamous Parker account and many personal details had been printed about him in the press. That’s one of the reasons she chose her internship here.

She unbuttoned the two top buttons of her blouse, exposing her ample breasts. She stood in the open doorway of his office; one hand on the door frame, the other placed seductively on her hip.

Max was so engrossed in reading his messages that he didn’t notice the woman blocking his path to his office. If she hadn’t of spoken to him first he would have ran into her.

“Hi Max, my name is Pamela and I’m your new intern,” she said, flicking her long blonde hair behind her shoulder, making sure Max got an eyeful of her breasts.

Max’s head shot up from the messages he was looking at and was left speechless. First of all she had called him Max. Secondly, her breasts were practically jumping out of her blouse and didn’t leave much to the imagination. Thirdly, he didn’t even know where this woman had come from.

“I just wanted to let you know that I’m ready, willing and perfectly able to give you ANY help you need,” said Pamela, shoving her breasts further into his face.

Liz had just come back from the ladies room, walked around the corner towards Max’s office when she noticed the blonde bimbo standing seductively in his doorway, heard her offer her SERVICES to Max and practically shoved her breasts in his face.

To Liz’s surprise, she instantly felt jealous that this little harpy was trying to get HER Max. A streak of possessiveness ran through her body.

“Oh there is no WAY you are getting your claws into him bitch.”

Now Max, being Max missed the undercurrent tone to her voice.

“Well that’s very kind of you; Pamela was it?”

“Yes, that’s right. But you can just call me Pam if you like." She said in what she thought was a flirty tone.

“It’s so great to have people on board who are conscientious and hard working.”

Liz rolled her eyes and almost laughed out loud at Max’s response, he could be so dense sometimes for such an intelligent man. No, not dense, a little naive maybe?

Liz stepped out from her hiding place and calmly walked up to Max.

“Wow, just for a second, I thought I’d walked into the offices of Maxim,” said Liz, sending death glares to the tart that was still obstructing Max’s office.

“What? Where?” asked Max, confused.

“Are you referring to me?” asked Pamela, aware of what this little brunette girl was hinting at.

“Yep, I’m referring to you." Liz rolled her eyes and pointed at the other woman's obvious fake breasts. "It's a wonder you can even stand up straight with those two tons of plastic waste you have sitting there on your chest!"

“I was just...”

“I know exactly what you were doing,” said Liz, narrowing her eyes. “And if you know what’s good for you, I suggest you use your brain to get ahead in this company. Now go and make me a coffee.”

“EXCUSE ME?”

“Wow, deaf as well as dumb. You just pour the contents of the pot into a mug and add sugar. It’s not rocket science. I’m sure someone with your IQ can handle it,” smirked Liz. "Oh and try not to stand too close to the heating pad on the coffee maker. We wouldn’t want all that plastic in your chest to melt now would we?”

“For your information, I. DON’T. WORK. FOR. YOU.” said Pamela, poking Liz in the shoulder expressing each word.

“Erm... I suggest you don’t do that Pamela,” said Max, as he watched Liz’s face grow murderous with each poke of the intern’s finger.

“No? So who do you work for then?” asked Liz, ignoring Max’s attempt to calm the situation.

“I work for Max,” said Pamela, as she placed a hand on his chest. “Isn’t that right Max?”

There was no way this little mousy thing was any match for her.

Max quickly removed the hand that was on his chest as if it had burned him.

“First of all, I’m Mr Evans to you Pamela. Secondly, don’t ever touch me like that again. Thirdly, I work for her. If she tells you to get her a coffee then you damn well do it!”

Totally ignoring Max’s outburst she turned around to face the small brunette, totally pissed that this snip of a girl had already gotten her in trouble with the boss’ son.

"Just who the hell do you think you are bitch?"

“Uh Pamela, that’s Liz Parker. You know the daughter to Jeff Parker our firm’s largest client.”

Pamela turned white, muttered something under her breath, started to redo her buttons and walked off in the opposite direction.

It had taken all of Liz’s restraint not to scratch the harpy’s eyeballs out when she DARED place her hand on his chest.

“The nerve of that little bitch! Can you believe it? How dare she touch what’s mine.”

“What?” asked Max, looking at Liz like she’d grown two heads. He couldn’t believe what had just come out of her mouth.

“I said, how dare she touch what’s mine!”

Liz grabbed hold of the front of Max’s shirt and propelled him into the office. She immediately slammed the door shut with her foot and proceeded to pull Max’s shirt from his trousers. Luckily the office windows had blinds on them, which were currently closed.

“Liz, we can’t do this here. It’s a worse spot than the elevator!”

“Mine!” was all Liz growled out before she grabbed his head and pulled him down for a searing kiss.

At first Max was shocked by her outburst, but he couldn’t help the rush he felt as she claimed her stake in him. She continued to kiss him fiercely, exploring every part of his mouth with her tongue.

Something primal had snapped inside of Liz and she was not going to take no for an answer this time. She manoeuvred Max so he was standing behind his massive mahogany desk.

Max gently untangled himself from Liz. She was causing him to lose his grip on reality. All he wanted to do was sweep everything off his desk and take her there but he knew that anyone could walk in on them.

“Liz, we can’t do this here,” he stated, in a determined voice.

Liz ignored Max and started to undress herself. She seductively removed her blouse, pulled the zip on her skirt and wiggled her hips out of the tight garment, allowing it to pool on the floor at her feet. She stepped out of her skirt, unclipped her bra, threw it across the room and stalked towards Max.

Max’s eyes were popping out of his head. Liz was wearing very sexy, skin coloured, lingerie. Her lacy bra, which was now hanging off his desk lamp, little boy short panties which showed her ass cheeks off to perfection, oh so gorgeous lacy hold ups and the icing on the cake? Black high heeled shoes.

A deep, almost primal, growl left Max’s lips as he drank in the sight of his gorgeous girlfriend.

Liz made quick work of removing his trousers and boxer shorts. She was about to remove his shirt when both of them heard Max’s fathers voice outside the office door.

“Did I hear you right Carrie? You said Max was in his office.”

They could hear her muffled reply.

“SHIT Liz he’s coming here! Get your clothes back on!” whispered a frantic Max.

The door handle started to move.

“No time,” said Liz, giggling.

They both turned their heads towards the door, frozen in fear.

As the door started to open, they heard Carrie’s voice.

“Oh Mr Evans, here are those reports that you wanted from Max.”

The door stopped moving.

This snapped both Max and Liz out of their shocked state. Max grabbed hold of Liz and started to push her behind the water cooler in his office, his pants around his ankles making the movement clumsy.

“What? Max you’ve got to be kidding me? I may be small but I’m not THAT small,” whispered Liz.

Max then pulled her towards some filing cabinets.

“Erm, Max there’s no space behind them. What do you want me to do? Get into one of the drawers?”

“Liz this is no laughing matter. If my father finds you in this state of undress we are in big trouble!”

“You’re a grown man Max. What could you father possibly do?” whispered Liz.

“Erm, tell your father!”

This made Liz visibly pale.

The door started opening again.

“Quick, under the desk!” said Max, shoving her in the small opening.

Just as the door opened fully, Max managed to sit down in his chair, scooting his legs under the desk as far as Liz’s body would allow, hiding the fact that his trousers and boxer shorts were still around his ankles.

Max was just about to rejoice about avoiding a rather embarrassing moment when he noticed Liz’s bra hanging from his desk lamp.

“Max,” said Phillip, as he turned to enter his office.

Max quickly grabbed Liz’s bra and shoved it under the desk. He prayed to God that his father wouldn’t want him to move or he would be caught red handed.

“Max, I didn’t think you were coming in today,” said his father, as he walked into the office.

“I just had a few things to do here and then I’m heading back out again.”

“Are you alright Max?” asked Phillip.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Why?”

“Well you just seem a little flushed,” said Phillip.

This made Max blush from the tips of his ears down to his neck.

Liz had to place her hand over her mouth to stifle a giggle that was about to erupt.

As Max and Phillip carried on their conversation Liz noticed that Max’s cock was still hard and standing proud, right in front of her. An evil smile spread across her face. Oh yes, this was going to be fun.

She wrapped her small hand around his throbbing cock and started a steady rhythm.

Max jumped, his knees hitting the underneath of the desk, as he felt her warm hand wrap around him. He couldn’t believe that she was doing this while his father was standing in front of him. He tried moving his legs to push her away but his damn pants were restricting his movements.

He tried to place, what he hoped would be, a stoic face. He couldn’t allow his father to find out about his and Liz’s relationship, well at least not at this moment in time.

“I’ve brought those documents that need to be signed by the end of the week,” said Phillip.

“That’s great. Just leave them on my desk and I’ll make sure I get them signed.”

“Okay, we need to get ahead on this case Max,” said Phillip.

Just as Phillip said ‘ahead’ on this case, Liz just happened to take Max fully into her mouth.

“Yes,” squeaked Max, as he felt Liz’s warm, moist mouth encase him fully.

“You know Max, you look a little stressed out. You need to do something to relax a bit, find some release,” said Phillip.

“Ohhhhhh,” sighed Max. Liz had just sucked Max deeper into her mouth and was swirling her tongue around the tip of his manhood.

“Don’t worry dad, I’m going to be releasing here very soon. Uh I mean sure thing dad.”

Liz was trying hard not to make a noise as she continued to pleasure Max under the desk. Although the danger of doing this was thrilling, she did not want her father finding out.

As Liz continued her steady rhythm she could tell Max was close to completion.

Max made the mistake of taking a quick glance under his desk. He could see and feel Liz’s soft brown hair flowing across his thighs, her head bobbing up and down. It was so incredibly sexy that Max had to fight a deep groan that was working its way up his throat.

“Max, are you okay?” asked Phillip. His son didn’t seem to have his mind fully on the job and that was highly unusual for Max.

“Uh, yeah dad, I’m ...”

Liz began to speed up the pace and cupped his sac.

“...FINE!” squeaked Max.

Phillip looked at his son strangely. He wasn’t quite sure what was going on with Max. Maybe he’d been working the boy too hard. He knew the Parker account could be difficult but he thought Max was handling it well. Maybe something else was bothering him.

“Max, you know you can tell me anything right?”

“Sure dad.”

“So if anything was up, you’d tell me right?”

“UP!” shouted Max as Liz deep throated him.

“Uh, I mean there’s nothing up here dad.”

Phillip shook his head in wonder. He really needed to let Max have a break soon.

“So Max, how are things going on the Parker account?”

“Oh things are definitely looking up,” replied Max.

Phillip turned and started walking towards the door.

“Good, that’s good. Just remember Max, keep the Parker’s happy no matter what.”

Liz gave Max a slight squeeze of his sac as she sucked down for the final time.

“GOD YESSSSSSS!” shouted Max, as he spilled his seed inside Liz.

Phillip turned to look at his son who had a strange faraway look on his face. Phillip made a mental note to give him a vacation soon before walking out of the door and closing it quietly behind him.

As Liz heard the door close, she pushed Max’s chair back a bit so she could get out of the cramped space. She headed towards the door and locked it.

“I should have done that earlier. We wouldn’t have been disturbed,” said Liz.

The sight of Liz’s sexy ass, swaying as she walked towards the door, had Max instantly hard again. It was only then that he realized his pants were still around his ankles. He was about to pull them up again when he felt Liz’s hands stopping his movement.

“Oh no you don’t mister!”

“Liz, we almost got caught!”

“But we didn’t Max. Besides, your father said that you had to do anything to make us happy.”

“I’m sure he wasn’t talking about this LIZ!”

Liz turned around so her back was facing Max. She slowly removed the little boy short panties down her legs, standing up to step out of them. If that didn’t get Max to abandon his reserve nothing would.

Watching Liz remove her panties was enough to make Max snap. He swiped his hand across the desk, sending the contents sprawling across the floor. He spun her around, lifted her onto the desk and started to kiss her passionately.

As Max’s tongue darted into her mouth, Liz opened fully to his invasion. This is what she had been working towards, to finally get Max just to let go.
Last edited by Janetfl on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thank you to the wonderful, artistic RoswellOracle for this awesome siggie!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Chpt 30 23/Jun/10

Post by Janetfl »

KJ and I would like to thank everyone who left feedback. As some of you maybe aware this story is almost finished, maybe 4-5 more chapters. I'll be concentrating on finishing this story and then I'll be updating the others. I hope you enjoy.

Ellie
Carolyn
Lou
dreambeliever
Carrie
AvalonRose
Ginger
April
Eve

Thanks for all the support!!!

Chapter 30

He couldn’t help looking at the beautiful sight before him. As the sun shone through the opening in the curtains it fell directly on her angelic face. She looked stunning lying there in her sleep. No frown marred her beautiful features. Her blonde curly hair was splayed across the pillow; she looked at peace, even though he knew the turbulent thoughts that would plague her when she woke up.

He couldn’t believe how such a caring, loving woman could have matured that way when she had a father who thought that a diamond necklace or a good meal at the restaurant made up for years of neglect. It made him angry just thinking about it.

As Tess started to stir from her sleep, Kyle’s thought turned to his family dinner not so long ago. He would love to take Tess to one of those dinners but he was nervous about what someone like Tess would think about meeting his dysfunctional family.

'She might run away screaming after five seconds and never talk to me again!'

“What are you thinking about?”

Kyle jumped slightly, being pulled out of his deep thoughts by the silky tone of her voice.

“What?”

Tess giggled.

“I said, what are you thinking about? I know you were watching me sleep but you had this far away look,” explained Tess.

“I was just thinking about...”

Kyle stopped mid-sentence. He didn’t want to upset Tess by telling her what dinner was like around his mother’s and father’s house.

“Kyle, please tell me.”

“I was just thinking about the dinners I have with my folks. Michael and Maria always arrive arguing, as per usual. Then my mom decides that my love life is the center of conversation at the table. She’s always trying to throw hints about how I need to date more. If she thinks I've gone too long without either she starts fixing me up with her friends’ daughters. You don’t even want to know how some of those turned out,” said Kyle with a grimace.

“Oh it sounds wonderful Kyle. You all sit around the table and talk like that?”

“Oh yeah, but then my Dad likes to tell embarrassing stories about when I was younger, to my step sister and her husband but the best bit is when my mom, Amy, tells us stories about my sister Maria!”

“Wow. I would much rather be embarrassed than be totally ignored Kyle. My dinner always consists of classical music, servants placing obscure plates in front of me, my Dad sitting on one end of the incredibly long dining table and me on the other. He’s always on his cell phone, talking business. I’m lucky if I even finish a full meal in my house before he has to leave. I have to shout just to be heard because I’m sitting so far away from him.”

“Your dad doesn’t know what he’s missing out on Tess.”

“Yeah well, he made his feelings perfectly clear last night. I’m done with it Kyle. I’m sick of fighting for his attention. I can’t compete any more, nor do I want to. If he can’t give me the time of day then he’s not worth my attention. I wish I could meet your family. They sound great!”

“Well why don’t you?”

“What?”

Tess’ eyes shot open, she sat up in bed and looked at Kyle who looked just as shocked as she did.

“Really, you want me to meet your family?”

After a half a second, the shocked look was off Kyle's face and he was nodding.

“Yeah. You should come to dinner with me tonight. I have to warn you what you’re getting into though before you accept my invitation. I’ll introduce you to Maria, my sister and her husband Michael. Their relationship is kind of intense. They constantly argue but then gross you out by making up with each other in a rather public display of affection! Then you have my mom, Amy. She will grill you worse than a police detective looking for a crook. She’ll ask you all kind of questions. My dad, well he’s pretty laid back. They will adore you Tess, I just know it.”

“Oh my god, it sounds like such good fun! I’m so ready for this!” squealed an excited Tess.

Later that evening...

"I’m SO NOT ready for this!”

Tess was pacing her room like a caged animal. She threaded her fingers through her hair and tugged on it, hard.

“What the hell was I thinking?!”

She stuck her head back into the wardrobe looking for something to wear. The fact that half of its contents were currently spread across her floor went un-noticed by Tess.

“Okay this little dress looks good, no that’s too short. What about this skirt? No too slutty. Oh my god I can’t believe I still own this,” she said in horror, as she pulled out an all in one leather outfit.

“That would definitely give Amy a heart attack,” she said to herself as she threw the offending garment over her shoulder.

“I’ve got NOTHING to wear!” cried Tess.

As Tess sat on her bed, with her face in her hands, she heard a knock on the door.

“Come in!” shouted Tess, as she pulled her bath robe tighter around her body.

“Are you alright Miss?” asked Charles.

Tears started to form in Tess’ eyes.

“Oh Charles, I don’t know what I’m going to do. I swear I’ve looked through my whole wardrobe and I’ve got nothing to wear!”

“If you will excuse me Miss, but may I make a suggestion?” asked Charles.

Tess looked at him curiously.

“Of course Charles.”

“Perhaps you are looking for something like this,” said Charles, as he pulled a conservative egg shell blue dress from behind his back along with a little bolero jacket to match.

“Oh Charles, that’s perfect!” screeched Tess, as she took the dress that Charles was holding out for her. “But where did you get it?”

“It was your mother’s Miss.”

“My Mom’s, but I thought that my father got rid of all her stuff years ago.”

“Well actually, he asked me to get rid of all her things. I asked one of the maids that used to serve your mother which clothes I should save. She chose, what she called, the timeless classics so that you could wear them when you got older. We’ve saved most of your mother’s things up in the attic. The dresses, of course, were looked after and stored by the maid. We thought now was the right time to tell you.”

Tess couldn’t believe the kindness of this man. Here he’d been for the past thirty odd years serving her father and yet he always looked out for her.

“There aren’t enough words that could describe what I’m feeling right now. I can’t thank you enough Charles!” said Tess as she engulfed the old man in a tight hug. “Thank that maid for taking such good care of my mom’s things as well, would you?”

“Certainly Miss. I’ll just take my leave now so that you can get dressed. You’re going to be late if you don’t get a move on.”

Tess was so excited at the prospect of wearing her Mother’s dress. This was the first time she’d ever had anything belonging to her mother. It was lucky that she had decided to do her hair and makeup before getting dressed otherwise it would have taken her another hour to get ready.

She slipped the blue dress over her head, praying that it would fit her and it did, like a glove. She stood in front of the long length mirror and slowly spun around so she could check out the dress. Although it was simple in design it was beautiful. Tess put on the little bolero jacket which made the outfit complete. She couldn’t believe that she fit into her Mom’s things. This was going to be one special night for Tess, for many reasons.

As Tess had just finished strapping on her high heeled sandals, a knock came on the door.

“Who is it?”

Tess had to be careful her father didn’t see her in the dress.

“It’s me Miss. I’m just letting you know that the car has been brought around the front for...”

The words died in Charles’s throat as he took in the sight before him.

“You look just like her,” he whispered.

“Really?”

“She was a beautiful woman Tess, very kind hearted. I think she would have been so proud of you, so proud of the young woman you’ve become.”

Tess launched herself at Charles and gave him the biggest hug her small body could muster.

“You know something Charles ... I wish you’d been my father,” Tess whispered into his ear before running off down the stairs.

Charles was left with a look of shock on his face but a definite lump in his throat. When he saw that Mr Harding was withdrawing from his own daughter, he’d vowed that he would be there for her, and he always had. That was the only reason that stopped him retiring years ago, out of loyalty to her mother’s memory and to Tess.

“I just hope he realizes it before it’s too late,” whispered Charles, into the empty room. He quietly closed the door and headed downstairs to continue his duties.

Tess had stopped outside the bookstore and picked up Kyle before making her way to the Valenti household. Kyle had commented on how beautiful she looked in her dress and how it brought out the crystal blue colour of her eyes. This made her stomach flutter but now it was doing it for another reason. She was so nervous about meeting Kyle’s family, not because she thought it was too soon, but because she was afraid of what they would think of her. She knew Kyle’s family was very important to him and therefore wanted to make a good impression.

Tess hadn’t noticed that she was gripping the steering wheel so tight that her knuckles were turning white.

“Tess, they aren’t going to shoot you, you know. Don’t worry about tonight, just be yourself and I’m sure they will adore you as much as I do.”

“What?”

“Tess honey, if you grab that steering wheel any tighter I think you might just break it in half,” he said in explanation, as he gently pried her fingers away.

“Sorry, I’m just so nervous Kyle.”

“Just be yourself Tess.”

“Okay, I can do this.”

Kyle got out, ran around to open the door for Tess and then assisted her out of the car. He took her hand in his and walked her to the front door. He pulled his keys out of his pocket and started to open the front door. Tess took a deep breath in the hopes of calming her nerves. She held her breath until Kyle had fully opened the door. They stepped into the house and right into the middle of a ... war?

At least that's what it sounded like to Tess.

There was loud screaming, noise that sounded like someone banging on a metal pot, a whole bunch of yelling kids running around from one room to the other and one kid jumping up and down on the sofa that was in the living room.

"Oh cool, Sean and Kim are here! And they brought the kids!" Kyle smiled to Tess, before turning to shout over the noise.

"WHAT'S UP RUG RATS?!"

Tess watched as all four kids stopped in mid run, mid screaming and mid jumping on the sofa to turn their way.

“Uncle Kyle!” they all shouted before running towards Kyle as quick as their little legs would carry them.

Tess watched in amusement as all the kids scrambled around Kyle and how he took turns to pick each one up and talk to them.

“Hey baby girl. How are you?” asked Kyle, as he picked up the youngest girl and peppered her face with kisses.

All of a sudden Tess found herself completely surround by the other three children, all pulling on the hem of her dress trying to get her attention and asking questions at the same time.

“What’s your name?”

"Uh well my name is..."

That was all Tess got out before another question was fired at her.

“Are you Uncle Kyle’s new girlfriend?”

"Well..."

“How old are you?”

"Well I'm..."

“Where do you live?”

"Do you have any kids?"

"Who cares if she has any kids you moron! Do you have any puppies?!"

“Girls, GIRLS, leave the poor lady alone!” shouted a brown haired woman, as she came out of the kitchen smiling and wiping her hands on a rag. The woman turned to glare at a man who had just entered the room after coming out of the hallway from a side room.

"I thought you said YOU were watching the kids?!"

The man held his hands up as if to defend himself from attack.

"I only left them alone for two seconds while I went to the bathroom!"

Turning back to look at Tess the woman quickly turned her glare into a smile.

“I’m sorry, they get so excited when they meet someone new.”

“Oh that’s okay. They’re beautiful,” said Tess, bending down to shake their hands.

“My name is Tess, what’s yours.”

“I’m Rebecca,” said the eldest girl. “This is Lucy, Claire and the one in Uncle Kyle’s arms is Ruby.”

Tess took turn to shake each girl’s hand.

“Tess, this is Sean my cousin and his wife Kim.”

Kim shook Tess’s hand and then turned quickly, as only a well practiced parent can, to grab one of her daughters who decided it would be fun to grab the nearby lamp off the end table and use it as a pretty play thing.

Just as Tess took Sean’s hand the kitchen door was flung open again by a pretty tall, thin, dark haired woman.

“Hi Mom,” smiled Kyle who then turned to look at Tess.

"Mom, this is Tess."

Amy’s eyes immediately sought out the blonde woman that was standing so close to Kyle.

Tess found she could only gulp in fear at her first sight of Amy Valenti!
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Chpt 31 02/Aug/10

Post by Janetfl »

Just a quick thanks to everyone who left feedback.

Eve
Ellie
Ginger
Carrie
Vanessa
AvalonRose
roswell3053

Thank you for taking the time to read this story. It means a lot to both me and KJ.

Chapter 31

Amy looked over the blonde voluptuous girl standing beside her son. She could tell that she was nervous but she looked so sweet Amy couldn’t help her reaction.

She immediately pulled Tess away from Kyle and engulfed her in a warm hug.

“So you’re the girl that my Kyle won’t quit talking about!”

“MOM!” shouted Kyle, totally embarrassed at his mother’s outburst.

“What, it’s true,” she said, looking over Tess’ shoulders at her son.

Tess’ face was lit up by a huge smile as Amy released her from the hug.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you Mrs. Valenti.”

“Tess, you can call me Amy. Dinner is almost ready. We’re just waiting for Maria and Michael to arrive and then we can sit down to eat. JIM OUR GUESTS HAVE ARRIVED!”

“There’s no need to shout dear. I'm right behind you,” said Jim, as he came into the room.

“Hi Dad, this is Tess. Tess this is my Dad, Jim.”

Tess looked up at Jim Valenti. Kyle had told her once that his dad had served eight years in the military as a Marine. After that he had taken the job as a cop working the streets. The man's tanned, lined face just screamed 'I'm A Tough Guy'.

Tess could see his scrutinizing gaze, giving her the once over, as if trying to find out if she was hiding something. Wanting to create a good first impression Tess placed a big smile on her face and held out her hand.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you sir.”

In that split second Tess watched as a smile broke across Jim’s face and his intimidating demeanour changed to one of the friendliest she had ever seen.

“Please call me Jim, Tess.” Jim chuckled as he took her pro offered hand and shook it.

“Okay.”

Just as Jim was about to offer Tess a drink, Amy pulled her towards the kitchen.

“Come on Tess let’s go to the kitchen while the men watch the game.”

Tess quickly shot a look of pure fear towards Kyle and he couldn't help the little snigger that escaped as she was being dragged away toward the kitchen door.

Kyle still had to call a cleaning company for the smoke damage she had already created in his kitchen and he was still finding spilt flour in the strangest of places. But once his Mom got something into her head, Kyle knew there was no way he could change it. He had a feeling that she wanted to bond with Tess so he just looked at her apologetically and shrugged his shoulders.

Tess couldn’t help the feeling of a lamb going to the slaughter house when she entered the kitchen.

“Now Tess, why don’t you make the gravy for the dinner while I finish off the pudding?” asked Amy, as she pointed to the empty meat dish on top of the cooker.

“You want me to make it from scratch?” asked Tess, her eyes widening in horror.

“Of course dear, we don’t eat any of that granulated rubbish in our house!” said Amy, beaming with pride.

Tess didn't even know what granulated meant and she seriously doubted she could make gravy.

“Um, Mrs Val... I mean Amy; I’m not really good at any form of cooking.”

“Nonsense, I’m sure you can do it when you put your mind to it. Just add some boiling water, a little flour to thicken it up, stir it continually, keep it on the heat until it reduces and it’s done.”

Tess felt like crying. How could she possibly explain to Amy her situation? She’d had a discussion earlier on, in the car, about what to tell Kyle’s parents about her lifestyle. They both decided it would be wise not to mention it on their first meeting. Kyle thought it might make his family uncomfortable considering she’s used to the finer things in life and for Tess it would make her feel uncomfortable because of the questions it would raise.

Amy watched Tess as a montage of emotions ran across her face and she realized that she was making her feel uncomfortable, which was the last thing she wanted.

“Your mom never taught you to cook?” asked Amy, genuinely concerned for the poor girl that stood before her.

“My mom died during my birth.”

“Oh my, I’m so sorry Tess. Kyle never mentioned that. If I’d have known I would never have brought it up!”

“It’s fine Amy. I know Kyle values my privacy. I just didn’t want to give you all food poisoning.”

This relaxed Amy and she lightly hugged Tess around the shoulder.

“I tell you what, why don’t you start with something simple like just stirring what’s in that pan over there,” said Amy, pointing to the pan on the back ring of the cooker.

“Now that I think I can manage,” replied Tess, smiling.

“So Tess, what is it you do for a living?” asked Amy.

"I don't think pro-shopper and club hopper is what she has in mind," thought Tess.

Just as Tess was about to reply a bubbly blonde haired girl came bouncing into the kitchen.

“Need any help in here?”

“Maria, I didn’t hear you come in,” said Amy, engulfing her daughter in a hug.

“Well with all the kids screaming out there it’s no wonder. Now who is this?” asked Maria.

For some reason Maria couldn’t shake the notion that she’d met this girl before but she couldn’t quite place where.

“Maria, this is Tess. You know the girl Kyle’s been going on about.”

“Oh, no wonder he won’t stop talking about you,” said Maria, taking Tess’ pro-offered hand and shaking it. “It’s good to finally meet you Tess.”

“You too Maria.”

“So what were we discussing here?” asked Maria, already helping her mom with the dinner.

“I was just asking Tess what she did for a living,” replied Amy.

Both women turned to Tess with expectant looks on their faces.

“Well, I er, well I mean, I’m kinda unemployed at the moment.”

“Yeah,” nodded Maria. “The economy is really bad right now. It’s so hard to find a job.”

Tess just nodded but turned her face away from Maria to hide her blush. She didn’t want to lie to these people but she also didn’t want them to feel uncomfortable in her presence.

“Well, I’ve just got to finish off the gravy and then we can sit down to eat. Maria, why don’t you and Tess start taking the food to the table and I’ll follow once the gravy is ready?”

“Sure mom.”

As Maria picked up the bowl with the carrots in it, Tess grabbed the bowl full of mashed potato and started making her way towards the massive dining room. Tess was quite surprised at Maria linking her spare arm around hers.

“I can see now why my wayward brother has fallen for you,” whispered Maria.

The look of shock that covered Tess’ face made Maria smile.

“What? Surely you know that you’re a little blonde bombshell?”

“Well I ..., you really think so?” asked Tess.

“Honey, what’s there not to like? You look stunning in that blue dress.”

Tess just smiled.

“Thanks Maria.”

“One word of warning though, our family dinners can be quite,” Maria raised her finger to her mouth trying to think of the right word to use “overwhelming, when you’re new to it.”

“Surely it can’t be that bad,” thought Tess. “I’m sure it will be fine.”

After a few trips back to the kitchen most of the food was placed on the table and everyone had joined them in the dining room. Tess helped Lucy and Claire up into their chairs while Kim placed Ruby in her booster seat.

Not long after everyone was seated at the table Amy brought in the big roasting joint of beef ready for Jim to carve. Once the meat was dished out the dinner truly began.

It was the damndest thing Tess had ever seen! One second everything was quiet and suddenly it was like someone rang a bell at a boxing match as plates of food starting being passed around at light speed and everyone was yelling over the other!

“Hey Kyle, did you see that game last night?” asked Michael.

“Oh yeah, that was great! Win with a last second shot!" replied Kyle.

“Hey Maria sweetie, pass me the carrots," said Kim.

“Did anyone hear about the Coopers?” asked Amy.

“No, what happened?” said Maria.

"Well, Mr. Cooper came home early from work, due to not feeling well, and caught his wife in their bed with her tennis instructor!" replied Amy.

"I bet that gives a whole new meaning to the phrase she's got Tennis Elbow," laughed Michael doing a gesture with his hand.

"Michael! Don't use such a rude hand gesture like that in front of the kids!" admonished Kim.

"Sorry! I forgot the squirts were here!"

"Hey Sean, pass me more of those potatoes over here would you?!" asked Jim.

"Sure thing Uncle Jim!"

"Now Jim you know what the doctor said about watching your cholesterol level!" admonished Amy.

"Oh come on. I don't think having one extra spoon full is going to...”

Jim was cut off mid sentence by Amy’s icy glare.

“Yes dear,” sighed Jim, as he placed the mashed potatoes back on the table.

“Mommy, I’m out of milk!” shouted Claire.

“Sean, be a dear and get Claire some more milk would you?” asked Kim.

"Sean get this, Sean pass me that. It's a wonder I ever get to eat anything around here!"

"Yes, we can tell you're just wasting away Mr Skin and bones!" joked Amy.

Tess was shooting her head around at each question, trying to watch everyone as they talked loud back and forth. She was amazed at how they all seemed to be shouting over each other and carrying on two or three conversations at one time!

“Uh Tess, is something wrong with your meat?” asked Amy when she realized that Tess hadn’t even touched anything on her plate yet.

“What?” asked Tess with eyes as wide as saucers. “Oh no, everything is great.” She looked around the table rather sheepishly noticing all eyes were on her.

“I’m just trying to keep up with all the conversations going on,” explained Tess, with a smile on her face.

“I already warned Tess that our dinners could be overwhelming sometimes,” laughed Maria. “I think she’s just realizing what I meant.”

Maria winked at Tess and the table erupted into laughter.

Later that evening....

After an amazing dinner and conversation everyone started to leave when it got late in the evening. Tess and Kyle were the last to leave since Tess had insisted on helping Amy with the washing up.

Now Kyle was holding her hand as they walked up to his bookstore.

“I’m sorry if my family were a little mad for you,” said Kyle.

"Are you crazy, I LOVED them," laughed Tess.

"You did?"

"Yeah. Maria and Michael throwing rolls at each other, your mom telling me embarrassing stories of you when you were a kid. And your dad..."

"What about him?"

"He actually sat there and listened to me while I talked to him."

"Why wouldn't he?" Kyle asked. "He likes you."

"It's just not something I'm used to that’s all."

“I’m really glad you had a great time tonight Tess. I told you my family would love you.”

“Yeah, you did,” said Tess as she leaned into Kyle to give him a passionate kiss.

When they both finally came up for air, Kyle turned around and unlocked the door to the bookstore.

“So, do you want to stay tonight? Or do you have to get home?” asked Kyle.

“I’d love to stay tonight Kyle. I don’t want it to end.”

“Me either,” said Kyle, as he stole another breathtaking kiss from Tess. They stumbled their way into the bookstore and were so caught up in the moment that they failed to realize that someone was already there, waiting. A loud clearing of the throat startled the passionate pair apart.

“What the fu..!” shouted Kyle, as he fumbled with the light switch.

As soon as the light came on Tess noticed that it was the strange blonde punk girl that had been giving her the evil eye from day one.

“Lonnie, what are you doing here? It’s way after closing,” asked Kyle, with a confused look on his face.

Lonnie gave Tess a glare that could freeze hell over and then turned to Kyle.

“I need to talk to you, privately, now!” said Lonnie.

“Whatever you have to say Lonnie, you can say in front of Tess,” said Kyle.

“Fine then,” said Lonnie, raising the magazine she was currently holding in her hand.

Kyle noticed it was one of those trashy gossip magazines. They weren’t his cup of tea, of course, but he sold a lot of them to the younger generation, interested in knowing what was currently in fashion.

“This has to do with her anyway. I was stocking the shelves after you left, like you asked me to. I was on the last stack of the new magazines when I happened to drop one of them. I picked it up and look what page it fell open on.”

"Yeah, and?" Kyle motioned with his hand wanting to get to the bottom of whatever the hell this drama was.

“Well on that page was a picture of her over there.” Lonnie motioned towards Tess. “Gracing the world with her presence at some new club and guess who is also in the picture with her?”

TBC ............................................
Last edited by Janetfl on Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Chpt 31 02/Aug/10

Post by Janetfl »

Hi Rosy,

I recognised your siggy and realised you were the same rosy on RH! :lol:

Okay quick recap:

Max was sent into the Parker mansion by his father because he was stuck in court. When he arrived there he was talking to himself trying out his greeting for when he finally met Mr Parker (he was nervous as hell). He droped all his paperwork, bent to pick it up and that's when Liz comes in.

She see's his cute butt sticking in the air and decides to find out who this mystery man is. Once Serena, Jeff's secretary, explains that he's the new lawyer Liz goes to see her dad to pursuade him to hire Max. Of course she wanted to work as CLOSELY to Max as she could so the company would have a younger image.

Then she starts trying to seduce him, quite forcefully. When nothing works she hires a PI to get more info on Max. He descovers that he spends most of his time at this bookstore. She sends Tess in there to find out what books he likes, etc. So she can appear to like the things he likes.

Tess bumps into Kyle while in the bookstore and they hit it off. Later she goes to a reading night and that's when Kyle introduces Tess to Max. This is her chance to find out what she can for Liz.

Back at the Parker mansion she explains to Liz, excitedly, that she's finally met Max and is getting the information she needs. Liz, of course, is horrified because Tess is always at the Parker mansion and so is Max. "What if you bump into each other."

Then you have all the funny scenes where Liz shoves Tess in a closet when Max is about to enter the room. Puts her out of her bedroom window and finally shoves her in a fountain! :lol:

Lonnie notices that Tess is taking a unhealthy interest in Max considering she's supposed to be dating Kyle so she's been keeping an eye on the girl.

And then you are up to the scene you've just read. The next chapter should be posted today or tomorrow, depending on when Lou can get the update back to me. I hope this helped sweetie.

JAN :mrgreen:
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Chpt 32 16/Aug/10

Post by Janetfl »

Thank you to everyone who left feed back.

Ellie
dreambeliever
Ginger
Eve
Carrie
roswell3053
Destiny
Rosy
Carolyn

Chapter 32

“Lonnie, what the hell does it matter who she’s pictured with?” asked Kyle.

“Look Kyle, I noticed that Tess took an unhealthy interest in my brother Max..."

Brother Max? That bit of information shocked Tess to her core. The private investigator Liz had hired to look into Max’s background had only spoken of one sister, some married rich socialite named Isabel Whitman. He had even shown them a picture of her and it was nothing like this girl standing before her. As she looked more closely though, taking away the wild hair cut and all the piercings Tess could see much of the same features on Lonnie.

Holy shit twins! The PI never mentioned that!

"...I watched her follow him around the bookstore. At first I thought she was interested in Max and was using you to get closer to him but she did the weirdest thing. She bought the exact same books as he did, we’re talking Steinbeck here. I’m sure that kind of book is beyond her scope of reading material Kyle. I kept getting this feeling that something was off but I could never quite put my finger on it. Then I saw this picture,” said Lonnie handing the magazine over to Kyle.

“See the brunette there,” asked Lonnie, pointing to the girl standing next to Tess in the picture.

“Yeah, what about her?”

“That’s Liz Parker.”

“Liz, Liz Parker, as in Max’s Liz?”

“BINGO, give the man a star! She’s been using you to get info on Max for her little party buddy Liz.”

Kyle studied the picture a little longer than necessary. He didn’t want to believe it. He slowly turned towards Tess and looked up.

“Is this true?” asked Kyle.

Tess had the decency to blush a bright red color before lowering her eyes to the floor.

“Look Kyle, it’s true, Liz sent me into the bookstore because she found out Max spent a lot of his time here but...”

Kyle held his hand up to stop her from going on.

Neither of them noticed the telephone ringing in the background or the look of satisfaction on Lonnie’s face. Kyle was the only one who’d ever given her a chance and she was going to protect him from getting hurt. Better he knew now what she was up to before he fell to hard. The only problem was, which Lonnie didn’t realize, he already had.

“So it’s true?”

“Yes, but let me explain...”

Kyle just turned away from Tess and started towards the back.

"Kyle!"

It was breaking his heart to hear the devastation in her voice but what was he supposed to believe now? All this time she had been lying to him. He knew if he turned around he would crumble.

"KYLE!"

Tess followed Kyle.

Lonnie went behind the counter and answered the phone.

"KYLE JAMES VALENTI STOP RIGHT NOW! LET ME EXPLAIN, PLEASE!"

Kyle spun around to face her.

“WHAT! What’s left to explain Tess! YOU USED me as a way to get to Max!” he shouted.

“I will admit that the reason I first entered the bookstore was to find out information on Max but then I met you Kyle. I didn’t even know he was your friend until you introduced me to him.”

“Well that just worked out perfectly for you, didn’t it?” he spat with venom.

“For crying out loud, I didn’t know he was your friend! I met you and you, well you...”

“I WHAT!”

“You stole my heart,” whispered Tess. “How can you think that I used you after what we shared the other night? I’m in love with you Kyle.”

“I don’t really know what the hell to think right now Tess!”

Kyle was about to walk out to the back room when Lonnie grabbed his arm.

“WHAT!” he shouted.

“It’s Morty,” said Lonnie, her voice tinged with sadness.

“What about Morty?” asked Kyle, in fear.

“He’s in the hospital Kyle. He had a heart attack tonight.”

“Shit! SHIT!”

Tess placed a tentative hand on his shoulder.

“Come on Kyle, I’ll take you to the hospital,” offered Tess.

“I don’t think he needs your help,” spat Lonnie.

“LONNIE!” shouted Kyle. “Morty is in the hospital right now, let’s deal with this other stuff later! Call my Mom and Dad, let them know what’s happened and tell them I’ll meet them at the hospital, would you?”

“Of course I’ll phone them; I know how much Morty means to you and the Valentis.”

“Thanks Lonnie.” Kyle turned towards Tess.

“Let’s go.” Tess had her keys in her hand, she saw the look of protest Kyle was about to form on his lips but she put her foot down. "I don't care if we're fighting right now. There is no way I'm going to let you drive to the hospital on your own!"

Kyle only nodded than followed Tess out the door.

Kyle and Tess arrive at the hospital ...

Kyle burst through the double doors of the emergency room and charged straight towards the nurse’s station, leaving Tess struggling to keep up with his pace.

“Hi, I’m here to see Morty Rosenfield. He was brought in earlier tonight with a suspected heart attack.”

“Morty, Morty Rosenfield you say,” said the nurse as she typed out the name in her computer.

“Yes, Morty Rosenfield,” confirmed Kyle.

“Are you a family member?” asked the nurse.

“Yes, I’m his grandson,” said Kyle, without really thinking about it.

“Okay, he’s currently in ICU. The doctors won’t allow you to see him until he’s become stabilized.”

“How bad is it?” asked Kyle.

“I don’t know sir; the doctors have placed him in ICU to keep an eye on him after the operation.”

“Operation? What operation? How long has he been here?”

“I think you’d better wait for a doctor. Let me page his surgeon and he can explain everything. What’s your name?”

“It’s Kyle, Kyle Valenti.”

“I’ll get the doctor out to see you as soon as he can. Why don’t you take a seat, it might be a while.”

“Just tell me if he’s going to make it?” begged Kyle.

“I’m sorry sir; you’re going to have to wait to speak to the doctor.”

Tess gently laid her hand on his arm and pulled him away from the desk.

“Come on Kyle; let’s sit down until we can find out more about his condition.”

Kyle just nodded his head. He felt so numb right now. Nothing had prepared him for this. Morty was the most important man in Kyle’s life except, of course, for his father.

“I can’t believe this has happened,” whispered Kyle.

He was terrified of losing Morty. This had come as such a shock to him. He always seemed so healthy, old but healthy.

“I can’t lose him Tess,” whispered Kyle.

“Let’s just wait and see what the surgeon says. It might not be as bad as you think.”

“Jesus Tess, he’s had an operation. How is that not bad!” snapped Kyle.

“Kyle, I know you’re worried about Morty right now. I am too. He’s a good, kind man and I know we have a lot of stuff to go through but I’m here for YOU,” said Tess, as she placed a hand on his shoulder.

Kyle simply shrugged her off and stood up.

“I don’t even know why your here Tess. There’s nothing else you can learn from me here about Max, so there's no point in pretending you care anymore. You’ve gotten what you needed from me, why don’t you just go home.”

Tess knew he didn’t really mean what he was saying. It was just the pure fear of losing Morty that was making him snap at her, well that and the fact that she’d lied to him.

“I want to be here Kyle, for you, for Morty. I kinda fell in love with the guy the last time we saw him, besides he helped you when you needed it the most and that in my book makes him a saint!”

“Whatever,” said Kyle turning away from Tess. He couldn’t cope with her right now. It hurt too much.

“Do you want a coffee or something?” offered Tess.

Kyle scoffed at her offer.

“Why the hell do people think a cup of tea or coffee can make everything better!”

“Well, I’m sure your parents will need one when they arrive. I’m just going to see if there’s a vending machine around here and then I’ll be back.”

“Take your time,” spat out Kyle.

Tess scurried away with tears pooling in her eyes. She was praying that this could all be worked out between them. If she lost Kyle now she didn’t think she would survive it. She was completely and totally in love with him.

She flipped open her phone and dialed the only person she could think of.

“Liz, I need you.”

“Tess honey, what’s wrong?” asked Liz.

“I’m at the hospital, something happened tonight between me and Kyle. Oh Liz it’s all fucked up! We were in the middle of arguing when we received a call that Morty had, had a heart attack.”

“Who the hell is Morty?” asked Liz.

“He’s ... it doesn’t matter, can you get down to the hospital? Kyle’s giving me the cold shoulder, his family are about to arrive and I need some moral support. Also phone Max and let him know what’s happened.”

“Honey, you don’t even have to ask. Which hospital are you at? And of course I’ll phone Max.”

Tess hadn’t realized that she had been holding her breath. As soon as Liz agreed to come over she sighed with relief and rushed out the address.

“Thanks Liz.”

As Tess returned to the waiting room, with two cups of steaming coffee, she noticed that Amy, Jim and Lonnie had arrived.

“Great,” sighed Tess, as she rolled her eyes. “This is all I need.”

She handed one of the coffees over to Kyle who replied with a grunt and then offered to get more refreshments for the rest of the group.

Jim immediately noticed the frosty reception that Kyle was giving Tess but didn’t call him out over it.

“Does anyone else want some?”

“NO!” shouted Lonnie, while Jim and Amy looked at her like she’d grown another head.

“I’ll have one dear, white with one sugar,” said Amy.

“I’ll come and help you Tess,” replied Jim.

As they both walked down the corridor Jim couldn’t help but ask.

"Did you guys have a fight or something on the way home?" asked Jim, concerned by the frosty reception his son was giving.

"Or something..." muttered Tess.

"Oh don't worry about it kiddo. Couples get into fights all the time and it's not the end of the world. Why Amy and I used to have some hum dingers back when we first got married," Jim smiled as he put his arm around Tess' shoulder.

She turned into his comforting embrace.

"I'm sure Kyle will come to you soon and do the same thing I used to do to Amy; bring you a whole bunch of expensive flowers and beg for your forgiveness."

Tess snorts with laughter into Jim's side.

“I don’t quite think it’s as easy as that Jim.”

“There’s one thing I know for sure, Kyle loves you. Whatever this argument is about, it’s not worth it Tess. You’re here, now, when he needs you the most. That’s what counts. You may feel awkward or uncomfortable, but you’re here and he knows it. Besides, if he doesn’t then I’ll knock some sense into him.”

“That’s if I don’t get to him first!” said Amy, as she approached, magazine in her hand.

“So, Lonnie explained to me what happened before Kyle got the phone call,” said Amy, holding up the offending magazine.

“A.., I mean Mrs Valenti, I know what all this looks like and I...”

Amy held up her hand to stop Tess.

“First off, my name is Amy, use it. Secondly, Lonnie explained what she did tonight and, quite frankly, she had no business doing what she did. I know she loves Kyle like a brother and to be honest I feel proud that he has someone covering his back because of how he is, BUT I’ve never seen Kyle so happy, since he met you. He’s a completely different man when you’re around Tess.”

“I lied to him Amy,” whispered Tess, with tears in her eyes.

“Yes you did and that was wrong but I’m sure you never expected to fall in love with my son.”

Tess’s eyes whipped up to meet Amy’s.

“I am in love with him, more than you could possibly imagine,” whispered Tess. “I, I know you think I’m not good enough for Kyle. I know what’s been said about me in the media but it simply isn’t true, well maybe that part about me in Cancun but I swear Mrs Valenti; I had too much to drink then. Not that I drink a lot mind you, it’s just...”

Tess couldn’t believe the massive hole she was digging herself into, something about this woman just sent her nerves on edge!

Amy smiled at Tess’ rambling and put her arm around her shoulder.

“Tess, sweetie, everyone has stuff it their past. Hell, I was even arrested by Jim here back in the 70’s.”

Tess’s eyes bugged out of their sockets, Amy laughed at her expression.

"Yep he slapped the handcuffs on me and put me in the back of his police car."

"Yeah..." Jim smiled mischievously looking up as he was thinking of a fond memory. "I even have those same handcuffs back at home. We get them out from time to time and put 'em to good use."

"JIM!!" Amy admonished her husband by slapping him on the shoulder as she and Tess started turning bright red in the face.

"What?" smirked Jim. "Just trying to lighten up the conversation here is all."

Amy narrowed her eyes at her husband giving him a 'oh you'll pay for that one later mister' look before turning back to Tess

"As I was saying that’s another story, one that I will tell you when the time is right. The fact that you are here with my son, when he needs it the most and even when he’s being a total pain in the ass, speaks more to me than anything any magazine ever said about you.”

Tess blushes.

“Thank you.”

“Now let’s get our pig headed son to realise what a diamond this girl really is,” said Amy, linking her arms with Tess and Jim, leading them back to the waiting room.
Last edited by Janetfl on Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mary mary
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Chpt 32 16/Aug/10

Post by mary mary »

Well, I am so glad that Amy set Lonnie straight...she did overstep her boundaries back there but.. Max's sister? Does Max know it? This is a shocker!!! I know, dumb question but :roll: :roll: :roll: this is the first indication that she's "the Lonnie". I really am shocked. Maybe some more questions will be answered after Liz and Max show up.

Great chapter...really informative.\

Ginger

"Age is just a state of mind"...I think that's mine? I could be wrong! I'm old, so sue me.
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: The Art of Seduction (AU, M/L, K/T ADULT) Chpt 33 18/Aug/10

Post by Janetfl »

KJ and I would love to thank everyone, including the lurkers, that have read this story. Sadly there are only two more chapters. The next one is already with my beta reader and I'm currently typing up the Epilogue.

A very special thanks goes out to Lou, our beta reader, and my awesome sounding board when I get a total dry spell. You have supported me through four fics now and I can't thank you enough Lou.

Thanks to everyone that left feed back for the previous chapter.

Ellie
Carolyn
Eve
Natalie36
Ginger

Chapter 33

As Liz rushed into the hospital; she noticed a group of people sitting in a waiting room, to the side, as she approached the nurse’s desk.

“Hi, I’m here for Morty. Actually, I’m here for my friend who is waiting to find out about Morty. Her name is Tess.”

“Morty Rosenfield?” asked the nurse.

“Yes, that’s right.”

“The family are through there,” pointed the nurse.

“Thank you.”

She smiled as the small brunette walked into the waiting room. She almost laughed to herself at the family that had gathered before her. For someone who claimed to have no living relatives, next of kin, anything, Morty certainly had a lot of people waiting for news. She paged his surgeon again wanting to put the poor family out of their misery.
As the minutes ticked by, Tess got more nervous about the outcome of Morty’s operation. What the hell was taking so long?

Just as she was about to get out of her chair and start pacing the room, she heard the door to the waiting room open. She couldn’t help the rush of breath that was released from her aching lungs as she saw the face of her best friend. She couldn’t hold back the tears and literally launched herself at Liz.

Liz immediately wrapped her arms, tight, around Tess’ small frame.

“I’m here Tess. We’re always here for each other, no matter what, right?” whispered Liz, into her ear.

Tess nodded as fresh tears travelled down her face.

A loud cough from the corner of the room broke the friends apart. Tess turned to face Amy and Jim and introduced Liz.

“Amy, Jim, Lonnie and Kyle this is my best friend Liz,” said Tess.

Both Amy and Jim stood up and shook Liz’s pro-offered hand while Lonnie looked like she was about to squish a big bug.

“So you’re the bitch that caused all the trouble,” spat out Lonnie.

“I beg your pardon? Who the hell are you?” snapped Liz, looking at the punk girl with contempt.

“LONNIE!” shouted Kyle, “THIS IS NOT THE TIME!”

“Actually, Kyle is right, this isn’t the right time,” said Max as he walked into the waiting room giving Lonnie a pointed look.

“I was just...”

“Excuse me a minute. I’ve just got to talk to my sister for a second,” said Max dragging Lonnie out of the waiting room.

“Huh? His sister?” said Liz with a confused look on her face.

“I’ll explain later,” replied Tess.

“How come Max is here?” asked Kyle with a smile on his face.

“Tess asked me to call him for you when she found out about Morty. She thought you could use the support and Max would want to know,” said Liz.

“Well I’m glad he’s here,” replied Kyle.

There was a brief knock on the waiting room door and then the surgeon entered.

“Hello. My name is Dr. Jones and I believe you are waiting to hear about Morty Rosenfield?”

“That’s right,” replied Kyle.

“Well he was admitted with severe shortness of breath and pain around the heart area. When we looked at his ECG we found a Heart Arrhythmia called Ventricular Tachycardia which is where the heart beats too fast. This can be life threatening so we decided to fit him with an ICD.”

“What the hell is an ICD?” asked Kyle.

“It’s an implantable cardioverter-defibrillator. It’s a sophisticated piece of equipment that monitors the heart rhythm. When his heart starts to beat very fast the device sends energy to the heart to get it to beat normal again.”

“Well what does that mean?”

“It means he will have to take it easy, nothing too strenuous but with a few lifestyle changes and the ICD he should be able to live a fairly normal life.”

“So he’s going to be okay?”

“For now yes, but you have to understand that even with the ICD this arrhythmia is still very serious.”

“Can we see him?”

“I can only allow one of you in the room and I can only let you in there for a couple of minutes. He really needs to rest after the surgery.”

“I just want him to know that we’re here.”

“Okay follow me.”

As Kyle followed the doctor out, he could see Max with Lonnie just down the corridor.
Once Kyle had left an awkward silence came across the room.

“I can’t do this anymore!” cried Tess, running out the room with tears streaming down her face.

“I’d better go after her. Sorry to have met you under these circumstances Amy and Jim.” said Liz as she ran after Tess.

“It’s fine. You go to Tess. I think she needs her friend right now. We’ll be here if Kyle comes back,” said Jim.

“Thanks.”

Liz ran out of the waiting room looking for Tess but couldn’t see her. She noticed Max pointing his finger towards the ladies bathroom. Liz nodded and smiled at Max before entering the bathroom.

Max and Lonnie...

“Well I hope you’re pleased with yourself Lonnie!”

“I was only looking out for you, even if we’re not family anymore,” replied Lonnie in her defence.

“Whoa, wait a minute Lonnie. You, Mom and Dad might have had a big fight where there was definitely screaming and shouting, ending with you being kicked out of the family but Isabel and I were not part of that. You’re still our sister to us. I don’t care if you like to dress different or are gay. I’m not my father Lonnie. I don’t care about appearances. You are my sister and I love you just as much as I do Isabel.”

“I know. That’s why I always have your back and Kyle’s. He gave me chance when no one else would. Those girls have been stringing you both along since they met you! Don’t you know that Liz sent Tess into the store to spy on you?”

Max couldn’t help laughing.

“What the HELL is so DAMN funny?”

At that moment Max witnessed Tess fly by them, with tears streaming down her face, and then run into the ladies bathroom.

“Oh Lonnie, if you only knew what Liz has done to get in to my pants, this wouldn’t be that big of a deal!”

“What? So you knew about this and you’re okay with it?” asked Lonnie.

Again Max noticed Liz run by looking for Tess so he pointed towards the bathroom, smiled and then turned his attention back to Lonnie.

“Actually, Liz told me a few days ago. Lonnie you don’t know the full story behind it. I was giving Liz a hard time. She was trying her best to get me to notice her. I thought because she was rich that she just wanted me as her play thing. It turns out that she’s looking for more than that. She sent Tess in to find out what kind of books I read so she could have something in common with me. Tess didn’t even know that Kyle was my best friend until he introduced us.”

“That still doesn’t excuse the way she’s treated him though Max,” replied Lonnie.

“How has she treated him? All she’s done is fall in love with the sap and he’s to freaking dunce or hurt to realize it. Yes it started off with Tess coming into the bookstore to find out information on me but she found something she wasn’t expecting. Kyle. She’s so in love with him Lonnie. Liz has never seen her act this way before and now you’ve gone and stuck your nose in business that didn’t really concern you in the first place.”

“Well, what’s done is done. There’s nothing I can do to take it back Max and to be honest I can’t see how either of you can have a relationship when it’s based on lies.”

“You’re not listening Lonnie. Liz told me. I’m sure once Tess was aware of that fact she would have told Kyle the truth. It’s just you got there first.”

“Well he deserved to know, both of you did.”

“I give up. I’m going to check up on Liz and Tess.”
“Tess honey, are you in here?”

“R...right, h...here,” Tess hiccupped through her sobs.

Liz went to lean against the door.

“Oh honey, what happened?”

“Lonnie showed Kyle a picture of you me in a magazine. Now Kyle thinks the only r...reason I’m with him is because I w...was trying to g...get information on Max,” wailed Tess.

“Did he give you a chance to explain?”

“N...no. We were arguing when the phone call c...came in about Morty. What am I going to do Liz?”

“Look Tess, I told Max everything the other day and he understood. I’m sure once Kyle finds out Morty is okay he’ll give you a chance to explain.”

“You d...didn’t see h...how he looked at me Liz. He was betrayed. I don’t think he’s going to be able to forgive m...me.”

“Well maybe it's a good thing you broke up then," shrugged Liz.

"WHAT?!" said Tess in shock. "How can you say that? Who said we were broke up?!"

"Look all I mean is, he’ll never be able to take you to places like Alain Ducasse’s Adour in New York like Tyler did.”

“I don’t care!” sobbed Tess.

“Or to Tahiti, every summer, like Richard did.”

“I TOLD YOU I DON’T CARE!”

“WOW,” Liz shook her head in awe. “You must really be in love with Kyle.”

“Yes I am,” smiled Tess as she came out of the cubicle.

“Trust me Tess; I am positive that Kyle will come around.”

“You think?”

“I know,” said Liz, with a rather strange smile on her face.

Tess couldn’t quite decide if that was a good thing or not.

“Hey what’s all this about Lonnie being Max’s sister? The PI only told us about Isabel.”

“To be honest, I don’t know what her problem is. I only found out she was Max’s sister tonight while I was arguing with Kyle. I don’t quite understand it myself.”

“Don’t worry about it. I’m sure Max will explain later.”

Suddenly they were interrupted by a loud knock on the door.

“Liz, are you in there? Is Tess alright?” shouted Max through the door.

“Everything’s fine Max. We’ll be right out,” replied Liz.

Tess checked over her face in the mirror.

“I LOOK HIDIOUS!” shouted Tess, as she noticed the smudges of mascara under her eyes, plus the tear tracks in her foundation.

Liz just laughed. “Touch up your makeup and then I’ll see you outside. Are you going to be okay?”

Tess gave Liz a warm smile.

“As long as you’re here, I’ll always be okay.”

“See you in the waiting room,” replied Liz, as she walked out of the bathroom.

Also, in Morty’s room...

As Kyle entered the room the doctor gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

“Five minutes and then I’ll be back. No getting him upset or anything okay?”

“Okay thanks doc,” whispered Kyle, as he went towards the bed.

Kyle wasn’t quite sure what to expect when he walked into Morty’s room. He envisioned pipes, wires and machines surrounding the bed. What he found wasn’t half as bad as he had imagined.

There was an IV in one of Morty’s arm and a small wire leading to the plastic cover on his finger that was monitoring his heart. Other than that Marty didn’t look any different.

“Hey you big lug, you gave me the fright of my life!” whispered Kyle.

Suddenly Morty’s eyes shot open.

“Kyle my boy,” croaked Morty.

“The whole family is here to see you Morty but they would only let one of us in. You gave me a fright.”

“Ha, I’m just here for the sponge baths. Make sure it's that pretty red head nurse that gives it to me though.”

Kyle rolled his eyes.

“This is serious Morty.”

“Yeah I know, but I’m doing alright Kyle. I just got to make a few changes and I should live until my whole body packs up.”

“Just make sure that’s not anytime soon okay?”

“Where’s that little blonde bombshell of yours?”

“Erm, s...she’s back at the waiting room.”

“What’s going on Kyle?” asked Morty.

“Nothing for you to worry about that’s for sure,” replied Kyle.

Morty reached out and grabbed Kyle’s hand. It caused him some pain to do so and Kyle noticed the flicker in his eyes.

“Morty!”

“Tell me Kyle!”

“She, we ... I don’t know what’s going on right now.”

“What happened?”

“I just found out that Tess only came into the bookstore so she could find out information on Max.”

“She’s interested in Max?” asked Morty confused. He could have sworn that this girl was falling for Kyle hard.

“No, her best friend asked her to come into the bookstore to find out information on Max because she wanted to find something in common with him or something stupid like that.”

“So?”

“So she’s been using me Morty, to get that information.”

“Good lord, the youth of today can be so stupid,” bit out Morty.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” asked Kyle.

“Answer me one question Kyle, do you love her?”

“You know I do.”

“Then who cares how she came into your life?”

“She lied to me Morty.”

“No. She went in that bookstore to help out her friend. That says that she’s loyal to the people she loves. I’ve met her Kyle and she doesn’t seem the person to frequent a place like that very often. Are you getting what I’m trying to say?”

Kyle nodded and then shook his head.

“Yes, I mean, no not really.”

“She’s a high class woman Kyle. Don’t think I don’t know that. I noticed her skin, her nails. There isn’t a day gone by that girl has done a decent days work in her life. That means she has a Daddy that does it for her. Am I right?”

Kyle just nodded.

“And a woman like that is not in the habit of going into little bookstores like yours.”

Kyle shook his head.

“So then, why, when she’d already found the information she needed on Max, would she keep on coming back to the bookstore?”

A smile came across Kyle’s face.

“Exactly, she was there to see you. Yes, she may have come in there under false pretences but she came back for you Kyle. Listen, I almost died a very lonely man. I don’t want that for you. I don’t want you to have ‘what if’s’ going through your brain at your final hour. I know it sounds morbid but believe me it happens. You think about everything that has happened and how you would do it differently if you had the chance. I lost out on my one true love and all because of a misunderstanding and hurt male pride. Don’t make the same mistake as I did Kyle.”

Just as Kyle was about to respond Dr. Jones entered the room.

“I’m afraid your five minutes are up.”

“Okay thanks doc, I’ll be right out.” He turned towards Morty.

“Promise me you will make it right Kyle,” begged Morty.

“I promise, if you will promise to take it easy. Listen to the doctor and nurses and you’ll be out in no time.”

“I promise. Now go and get your woman Kyle. Grab hold of her and never let go. You’ll regret it if you do, believe me, I know.”

“See you in a few days?” asked Kyle.

“I’ll be counting the sponge baths until then!”

Kyle just groaned and blushed red as he passed the doctor and left the room.

As Kyle rounded the corner, heading towards the waiting room, he was suddenly blocked by a petite brunette. He noticed that Tess had just come out of the ladies bathroom when Liz started ripping into him.

“WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!” she shouted, as she poked him hard in the chest with her finger.

She poked him so hard, in fact, that he took a step back.

Kyle looked down at the finger that was continuously poking him and then back up to Liz. “ME?”

“YES YOU!” Liz poked him harder in the chest until Kyle bumped into the wall behind him.

“I was the one who sent Tess into that bookstore. She had NO IDEA that you were Max’s friend. What the hell difference does it make what circumstances you met under! All that matters is that she LOVES you with all of her heart,” yelled Liz as she continued to poke him. “I’ll be damned if I watch my best friend’s heart being broken just because of some STUPID MALE PRIDE THING!”

“But...”

“BUT? THERE ARE NO BUTS!” yelled Liz. “YOU EITHER LOVE HER OR YOU DON’T!”

“I...”

“This girl is fiercely loyal to the ones she loves. Do you know what she’s gone through for me? She’s been dumped in a closet, fallen off the ledge of a second story window AND been thrown in a fountain all so I could impress Max! NOBODY ELSE would have done those things NO ONE!!! Once she loves you, she loves you with everything she has and if you can’t see that then you’re not even WORTH IT!”

“Uh, yeah okay, I guess you’re right,” spluttered Kyle as Liz gave him one last shove against the wall.

“I swear if you hurt her I will make it my personal mission to make your life a living hell! I will rip out your intestines through your nose and then strangle you to death with them! And believe me I CAN DO IT!”

With that last threat Liz stormed off outside to cool down. She hadn’t meant to get that mad but she wasn’t in the habit of seeing her friend so broken.

Tess looked around a little nervously and then at Kyle.

“Hi Kyle.”

“Hi. Erm, I can kind of see how she’s had Max all screwed up. She’s a bit, forceful.”

Tess giggles.

“Er yeah, you don’t want to get in between Liz and something she wants.”

“Yeah I can see that.”

“Look Kyle, I’m sorry about not admitting the reason why I first came into the bookstore. I didn’t know you were Max’s friend until you introduced us that day. I never expected to find someone I love there Kyle, but the amazing thing was... I did. I’m sorry if I hurt your feelings. It’s the last thing I ever wanted to do but you have to know that no matter what the reason for me entering that store was, it wasn’t what kept me coming back. It was you.”

“I was actually trying to find you so I could apologize about my behavior before, that’s before I got cornered by your pit bull friend who ripped me a new one.”

“Yeah, sorry about that,” laughed Tess.

“It’s okay. I deserved it Tess. I’m sorry for the way I treated you in the waiting room. I was so scared about losing Morty.”

“I know how much he means to you, it’s okay.”

“No it’s not okay. I shouldn’t have taken it out on you.”

“I guess we just had our first fight huh?” said Tess.

“Yeah I guess, but we have the time to make it up to one another,” Kyle said, as he wiggled his eyes up and down.

Tess launched herself into Kyle’s arms and kissed him passionately. Once they came up for air Tess whispered...

“I love you Kyle.”

“I love you too.”
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Would it please you to know that there will be a ficlet posted this week sometime that revolves around K/T with minor mention of other CCC'S?

If not then Angel of Silence and CE will be updated more often and then brought to completion so I can start my others. I can't thank you enough for all the support you show and always (well practically always) being the first to leave feed back!

And yes I do think Max got totally hot when Liz was chewing Kyle out!! :twisted: :lol: :lol: :lol:

JAN/KJ :mrgreen:
Janetfl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Janetfl »

Thanks so much for all the wonderful comments, although I have to admit that the Liz line came from the very talented Killjoy! :lol: :lol:

In fact we both write the chapters together so he deserves as much credit for the story as I do. We have chapter 34 with the beta reader now and we're doing the epilogue as we speak. You have not heard the last of KJ and I though, we are bringing out other combined fics soon.

Thanks for sticking with the story and leaving feedback.

JAN/Killjoy