Innocent Intentions (AU,M/L,Adult) *complete* 9/21/09

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Innocent Intentions (AU,M/L,Adult) Chpt 11 4/29/09

Post by jake17 »

darkmoon
destiny
angelina x2
Jan
Eve
Keepsmiliing7
Monica
sarammlover
IHeartMax
Mirae01
Clash868 x2
sunrise 102
Dalestateshorty

A huge thank you for all this amazing sweet fb! :)

Chapter 11.

Late into the night Max laid quietly as he listened to Liz softly breathe against his chest.

With his arms tightly around her holding her close he tried to push away his insecure thoughts that were running rapid through his head.

His admission of love was met with silence. To Max this silence was deafening.

Did this mean she didn’t love him or was there something else holding her back. Was it her abusive husband for which he really knew very little about or was it something more. Something deep inside her keeping her from allowing herself to show her feelings.

As he squeezed her gently and kissed the top of her head he realized in a very scary way that none of the answers to his questions really mattered.

What mattered to him was that she was there with him in his arms. That she has chosen for whatever reason to go to him.

She wanted to be with him and for that moment in the dark at five am with the soothing ocean waves crashing against the shore and the salty breeze caressing her silky hair it was simply enough.

Though he tried to fight his heavy eyelids from closing eventually sleep won over his need to enjoy every second of holding her.

~~~~~~

10:38 am

Max awoke suddenly to the sound of a flock of seagulls crying just outside the bedroom window.

Instantly his hand reached over to the opposite side of the bed as he searched for her.

His heart began to pound as his hand slid up and down the empty sheets and pillow.

Rubbing his eyes he quickly reached over to the nightstand to grab his watch.

“Fuck.”

Realizing that he had overslept and she had gone he rested his head in his hands. He felt he had missed his chance to finally confront her.

Last night she took him off guard, he was no match for her but now in the light of day he had to talk to her. He wasn’t going to push but he was certainly going to try and find out if she had feelings for him.

But the moment had passed and once again she had slipped away from him.

Running his fingers threw his hair he pulled on his jeans and sneakers.

The wine he had finished off the night before left him with a slight headache, he needed coffee and decided to go to the diner down the street.

He slipped a plain white tee shirt over his head and went to grab his keys when something caught his eye in the large bay window that looked out onto the ocean.

It was Liz walking barefoot along the shore with a blanket wrapped around her.

She stayed.

He moved his face closer to the pane of glass making sure she was real. That this wasn't something he was imagining.

Her beauty was unmatched as she gazed out into the dark blue water. Her long wavy hair danced around her slender shoulders that peaked out from the patchwork embroidered throw.

He was struck by her graceful movements as she glided through the water as if she had spent her life on that little stretch of beach.

As he watched her he thought that she must be this way wherever she was, totally at ease with an air of confidence and self assurance that he would never possess.

There was no hiding his shyness and vulnerability. His awkwardness was something that he was always aware of and it made him question again why someone like her would be with him.

Just then the sunlight glistened off her and she pulled her head back closing her eyes.

That was all it took.

Max scrambled for his camera and ran outside.

As quietly as he could he ducked behind a tall sand dune and began to take picture after picture.

He was completely entranced by her.

The tiniest movement was captured by his clever eyes, just a flip of her hair or the tilt of her head sent his heart racing.

His finger slipped from the button as the camera almost fell of his hands. He sat back on his heels in awe as she faced the ocean and let the small blanket slide down her bare back.

His breath was shaky as he watched the multicolored fabric dip below her hips revealing her firm round bottom.

Holding his breath he raised the camera up once again to him golden eyes and snapped several pictures of her exotic seductive pose before dropping it into the sand and running up behind her.

“Hello Max.”

He smiled and shook his head before wrapping his arms around her.

“How long?”

His eyes slid closed in intense happiness as he nuzzled her neck.

“How long what?”

He placed a soft kiss against her salty skin as he breathed her in.

“How long did you know I was here?”

Turning around to face him she opened the blanket giving him a view of her unclothed body as she closed in on him.

She sighed against his cheek as she moved against his chest covering him with the quilt.

“Max you are many things … slick is not one of them.”

A soft moan escaped his lips and his hands slid around her hips and up her back.

“God you are so beautiful.”

Her lips raised in a small grin as she looked up over his shoulder at the modest but charming cottage.

This was exactly was she would expect from him. It was a far cry from the large estates that she was used to.

She pondered how much Max was like his sweet little house. It was charming and unassuming like him. Full of small treasures that surprised you every once in awhile, it was cozy and comforting not cold and stark like the places Sean took her to.

Taking a deep breath Max pulled away from her and looked into her far away eyes for answers.

“Liz we need to talk.”

Immediately she pulled away and covered herself again as she carelessly splashed her toes in the water as if he hadn’t spoken a word.

“Do you think it’s too cold to take a dip?”

Max opened his mouth as a confused expression fell over his disappointed eyes.

“What?”

He watched in shock as she removed the blanket and dove into the water.

“Liz!”

Emerging from the ice cold sea with her hair slicked back and tiny droplets of water resting on her rosy high cheek bones she playfully splashed him.

“Come in!”

“Liz please I …we need to –“

All thoughts left him as she slowly stood from the water and wrapped her arms around his neck.

“Kiss me… we have all weekend to talk. Right now I need you to kiss me.”

Looking down at her with her trembling lips breathless and shivering in the cool spring air it was more than he could take.

“You’re freezing.”

“Why don’t you take me inside and warm me up?”

Max captured her lips as he scooped her up in his strong arms and carried her back to the house.

They practically fell threw the door as his lips drifted from her mouth to her breasts. Her head fell back against the wall as he rested her on her feet.

Falling to his knees he kissed away the beads of salt water that beaded across her stomach.

His hands grazed her hard peaks teasing them to an almost painful state.

“Max.”

His looked up into her desperate eyes as he lifted her leg over his shoulder.

Never wanting anything more in his life he moved between her thighs.

A loud moan fell from her lips as she grasped the shelves on either sides of her for support.

Her continuous cries suddenly stopped as her muffled ring tone rang in her purse.

His eyes flashed up at her just in time for her to shake her head letting him know not to stop.

Max fluttered his tongue along her folds before gently lavishing her sensitive clit.

He took his time drawing out the moment as long as he could loving the way she was whispering his name.

Ending her sweet torture he finally pushed her over the edge as her hand left one of the shelves and laced through his dark hair holding him against her.

Rising to his feet he took her in his arms and passionately kissed her falling deeper as each second passed.

“Liz I-I need to know-“

Max closed his mouth as she slipped out of his arms and held her finger up in the air telling him to hold his thought.

Grabbing her shirt off the couch she quickly pulled it over her head as she rummaged through her purse for her phone.

“Just a sec Max I have to get this.”

Max leaded against the wall in disbelief as she turned her back away from him and listened to her message.

His heart sank as she gathered her clothes and closed her phone.

Once dressed she grabbed her keys and very causally kissed him on the cheek.

“I have to go Max… thanks for everything it was great.”

Surprising her and for the most part even himself he grabbed her by the arm just as she was leaving.

“You can’t keep doing this.”

Her voice became extremely calm and quiet as he released his grip on her.

“I’m married Max.”

“You may be married but something real is happening between us.”

“That’s irrelevant.”

“So you admit you feel it too.”

Max stepped in front of her forcing her to look at him.

“Let me go Max…please just let me go.”

Closing the door behind him he shoved his hands in his pockets as his eyes fell to the ground.

"Just tell me."

Frustration hovered in her strained voice as she walked closer to the door clearly iching to get out.

"Tell you what Max? I really have to go."

She stepped back as he looked up at her. The hurt in his eyes was unmistakable. For the first time she questioned what she was doing.

"Max I-"

"Be honest with me."

She tried to look away but he cupped her face in his hands needing to see it in her eyes.

"Do you have feelings for me?"

She hesitated for a few seconds before pulling away from him.

"I'm sorry Max."
Last edited by jake17 on Wed Apr 29, 2009 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Innocent Intentions (AU,M/L,Adult) Chpt 12 6/5/09

Post by jake17 »

Keepsmiling: Caroyln, thank you so much for noticing Max's shyness and vulnerablility, I worked so hard to make that a big part of his personality. I feel much better! You have no idea how you made my day by telling me you missed my updates! You are an incredibly sweet girl! thank you so so much!
Ginger: you are so right, so it's about time for Max to take a stand. thank you so so much for your fb! :D
Dreamers_fan_believe: love that you think Max is sensitive!! thank you so much for reading my story! :D
darkmoon: oh d I know they are both screwed up! I think Max is just wishing he had a Seki in his life! :wink: love you!!
angelina x2: hang on angelina you know all my fics are dreamer insured! thank you so much sweetie!! :D
Begonia: you know I need you here Eve, so happy you thought that scene was hot! I get so worried that my steamy scenes are getting boring! :roll: :wink: thank you!!! :D
mirae01: Thank you so much for your fb! So happy your reading this! :D
NotYourChick: I think a lot of people agree with you, but hold on the story isn't over yet :wink: thank you so much for your fb!! :D
destiny: I could hear you yelling for her not to pick up the phone destiny! :lol: love your fb! your awesome but you already know that! :wink: :D
IHeartMax: hold on seashell you still may feel for Liz ..not yet but soon.. Maybe :wink: I think you may like the end of this update.. lets just say Max get's a little fired up :wink: :twisted: I know how you like that! love you!! thank you for everything! :D
Jessah: I know sweetie but hold on ...this is dreamer insured ..like all my fics..thank you so much sweetie!! :D
veronica: so happy you feel for him! thank you so much for you fb!! :D
roswells_angel285: Zoey, omg you are not a dork! In fact you made my day with your incredibly sweet fb!! I just can't thank you enough. I was going for something different, so happy you like this!! :D
Jan: Oh Jan Jan :lol: "Get my updating ass back?" :lol: :lol: you are freakin awesome!! AWESOME!! I love your fb sweetie!! thank you so so much!! :D

Chapter 12.

"So I see we’ve switched back to wildlife.”

Max hesitated for a moment before adjusting the last frame of his black and white portraits.

Michael furrowed his eyebrows and took another sip of his beer.

“I don’t get it, what is so exciting about willow trees?”

Max tilted his head and stepped back making sure everything was perfect.

“They’re very beautiful Michael, look at how delicate the leaves are in this one, how they float in the wind. It’s looks like a ballerina dancing gracefully on her toes.”

Michael widened in eyes and rubbed his spiky hair.

“Max you’ve got to get out.”

“No, I need to work.”

“Dude you talking about dancing trees…it’s time to get back on the horse or bike or whatever that saying is.”

Pain was clearly covering his face as he carefully packed up his tools.

“Look I’m going to a party tonight, it’s going to be very low key. Come with me, I’m not talking about starting a big relationship, just hook up with some nice girl and get laid. How long has it been now?”

“I’m not interested in getting laid. You go tell me about it tomorrow. I have some paperwork to finish.”

Without even looking back Max walked to the back office to go through some receipts and work orders.

“Three months! That's ninety days Max! Too long my friend you’ve got to move on sometime!”

Hearing nothing in return Michael turning to walk out the door and ran right into Liz.

“Well well if it isn’t the town whore.”

“Very dignified …is he here?”

Michael put his arm up blocking her from entering the gallery.

“Nope sorry you just missed him. Too bad you’re just going to have to find someone else to crush tonight.”

“Michael if your still here can you lock the door for me?”

Liz raised her eyebrow at Michael and ducked under his arm.

“Don’t you think you’ve done enough? The poor guy didn’t get out of bed for a week after your last stunt.”

Her face remained unemotional as she flicked her long hair back over her shoulder and straightened out her dress.

“This is really non of your business.”

Grabbing her arm as she began to walk he leaned towards her face close enough to startle her.

“No actually this is my business. I don’t know what game you're playing here but you’ve got the wrong guy. You see he happens to be one of the good ones. The kind of guy that sees only the good in people, even a heartless bitch like you-

“Michael that’s enough.”

They both looked up to see Max standing in the doorway to his office.

“Let her go.”

“Max don’t do this man, don’t let her suck you in again.”

“I’ll call you tomorrow.”

Max held his eyes for a few seconds silently pleading for him to just let it go and leave.

“Yeah alright you know where to find me.”

Giving Liz a long hard stare of pure hatred Michael shook his head and brushed by her shaking her from her four-inch heels.

Max lowered his head and sat back down behind his desk.

The scent of her perfume and the flawless seducing way she glided across the room practically took his breath away.

He had his work clothes on making him feel even more inferior to her.

He removed his baseball hat and tried to brush back his hair which fell right back over his sweet eyes.

He took off his flannel shirt leaving him with a white tee shirt and his ripped jeans and work boots.

He stared down at his monthly planner on his desk unable to look her directly in the eyes.

If at all possible she looked even more beautiful than he remembered.

Her hair was shiny and longer then before. It fell loose over her cleavage that peaked out from her low cut black dress that clung to her body all the way down to her ankles. His eyes locked onto the long slit that revealed her tanned beautiful thigh. Her makeup was darker than usual, her eyes smoky and incredibly sexy, her lips pale full.

His heart pounded mercilessly for her as he tried hard to remember all the pain she caused him.

“Why are you here Liz?”

His cool demeanor caught her off guard, she thought for a second maybe she had let too much time pass but when she sat on his desk and crossed her legs letting her leg appear from the deep slit for him, his reaction told her otherwise.

Yes she still had him… right where she wanted him.

Her voice was soft but commanding pulling him right into her.

“I’m here to see you Max.” she leaned back and put the toe of her heel on his chair between his legs and caught his eye. “Didn’t you miss me?”

Max swallowed hard resisting the need to pull her into his lap and hold her close. He knew she was trying to seduce him he was sweet not stupid, but that what he really wanted was to be near her again. To feel her heart beating to smell her skin, to love her.

“You know I did.”

A sly smile curved her beautiful mouth as her eyes flickered from his face to his crotch.

“Yes that’s obvious. So what are you going to do about it?”

Her game was just causing him more pain. He paused for a moment actually considering taking whatever little time she was going to grant him just to feel again.

He knew it would hurt, hurt like hell later but his loneliness was too much to bare, seeing her again so unexpectedly was too much for him.

“I can’t do this Liz.”

She was shocked at his answer but her pulsed raced at the challenge.

Pulling her dress up over her thighs she revealed the tiny lace material that barely covered her.

Straddling his lap she bend down and lifted his chin to her lips.

Slowly she moved against him smiling against his cheek as his hands clenched the arms of his chair.

“I beg to differ Max.”

He closed his eyes tight as he tried to fight against the need to take her.

It had been too long since he had felt the comfort of being buried deep within her. His need for the loneliness and pain to disappear was too strong for him to fight.

His mouth fell open as she began to buck softly against him.

It was as if a damn broke inside him as he lifted her off of him and laid her across his desk.

Tears welled in his eyes as he ripped her panties from her and unbuckled his belt.

He cried out with each powerful thrust, he knew it was wrong, he knew he was being used but the warmth that surrounded him filled the emptiness that had tortured him for months.

After it was over he turned away from her and fixed his jeans.

“Wow that was …wow Max. I think we should spend a little time apart more often.”

Grabbing his keys Max took off for the door leaving Liz struggling to keep up as she straightened out herself.

“Max wait …where are you going?”

His voice broke as he held the door open for her still refusing to look into into her eyes.

“Home.”

Liz ran her fingers threw her hair attempting to make herself look decent again completely missing the hurt in his voice.

“Yes I should go too. We have tickets to the Opera tonight.”

Max locked the door behind her and rested his head against glass as the word “we” cut into his heart.

“I have good news Max … Sean will be away all next week! I was thinking we could –“

“Please go.”

Liz rushed up behind him as he walked quickly to his truck.

He sighed as she jumped in the passenger seat.

"Three months Liz... it's been three months!"

Taken off guard Liz stuggled to find words.

"You know for the first month I was actually worried about you. I thought he had hurt you or something. Why didn't you answer my calls. You just ignored me, tell me Liz do you care about me at all?"

"I-I ...Max it's complicated I -

“Complicated? You know what Liz I really don't think it is. I think it's very simple. I was a convenvient fuck whenever you were bored. I bet slumming it with the boy from the wrong side of the tracks really got you off didn't it?"

Liz looked shocked as a mixture of anger and pain ripped into her.

“What?”

“Look I can’t do this anymore. Don’t call me, don’t come around, this this…whatever this is... its over. Now please get out!”

“Max-“

“Just go, your going to be late for the Opera … remember?”

She was clearly stunned by the sarcastic hateful tone in his voice.

Lost for words she slowly stepped out of the truck and walked away.

Max slammed his fists on the steering wheel.

He had never lost his temper that way. Not even with Annie.

It wasn’t in his nature to be so cruel.

He felt horrible, but most of all he felt the gut wrenching loss of the girl he truly loved.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Innocent Intentions (AU,M/L,Adult) Chpt 13 6/30/09

Post by jake17 »

Not Your Chick: I Know you don't like Liz but hold on...you may change your mind :wink: thanks for the fb! :D
destiny: I love Max all fired up too destiny! So sexy!! :twisted: thanks so much for your fb!! :D
Caroyln:x2 I know you hate Liz but you might change your mind in the next few updates! thank you so much for alway bringing me back to my stories!! I am here because of you! :D
ginger: So thrilled you were happy to see my last update! Ginger you are such a sweetheart! thank you! :D
mezz: Yes Max finally grew a backbone! thank you for your fb!! :D
darkmoon: So happy you like the angry sex :lol: You know me I'll stick it in there anyway I can :wink: love you!! thanks so much for being here sweetie! :D
angelina: Max is very hurt but things are going to change.. love you here!thank you so much! :D
Eve; there is a story behind Liz and soon it will be revealed! thank you so much Eve! :D
Jan: :lol: Yes Max did grow some balls finally! :lol: thanks so much sweetie! :D
Jessah: omg love that I was "the light at the end of the tunnel" for you!! you are so sweet! thank you so much for your incredible fb!! :D
mirae01: Yes she has issues and we're going to find out what they are :wink: thanks for the fb! :D
behr-able: So happy you 'love" this!! thank you so much for telling me!! :D
Monica: love always seeing you here!! you are the greatest monica! thanks for your constant support! :D
roswells_angel285: yes Max reached his breaking point.. so happy you liked it! thanks so much for your fb!! :D

Ok everyone Look at my avi ! That is exactly how I picture Max looking like in this story...sigh I love him ! :)

chapter 13.

4 months later

Christmas Eve

“So explain to me what this photo shoot is all about again?”

Max sighed as he continued to clean his camera equipment.

Michael I told you it’s a charity event.

“As in free, as in you’re not getting paid?”

“It’s to raise money for the homeless Michael, have you ever heard of giving back?”

Michael rolled his eyes as he pulled his leather coat on and wrapped his scarf around his neck.

“Yeah yeah you’re a good guy Max, it’s just that it’s Christmas Eve! You should be hanging with me at my mom’s house. She’s making a big fat turkey and all the trimmings …plus Jackie will be there.”

Max gave Michael a tired glance as he laced his work boots.

“We went on three dates Michael … she’s a great girl …I’m just not re-

“Ready I know …if you ask me you’re just chicken shit. Not all woman are like Annie and that bitch that shall remain nameless.”

Max put his arm around Michael as he led him out his apartment and locked the door.

“Still she’s your cousin that alone is a good enough reason to just remain friends. Seriously anyone with your blood line is going to have some mental issues.”

Michael started his bike and gave him a sarcastic grin. “Life is passing you by my friend, you’re going to have to learn to trust someone again sometime.”

Max waved and shook his head. ‘He's got to be the only idiot who’s still riding a motorcycle in December.’

East Street Mission

As Max jumped out of his old truck a beefy middle aged man with a Santa hat ran up to him with an over sized grin.

“You’re here! Max I can’t tell you how much this means to all of us here. When your photographs are released showing the great work we do here I’m sure the governor will give us more funding not to mention all those rich philanthropists searching for a big tax write off.”

Max braced himself against the bitter New England winter snow as he pulled his duffle bag out of the truck.

“I’m happy to do it Henry. It was a perfect idea to have the show on New Years Eve. Drunk wealthy people are the most generous when they’re late to their fancy parties.”

Henry nodded and pointed to the side door.

“I hope your right Max if we don’t get the necessary funding so many people are going to be turned away this winter.”

Entering the back of the run down building Max was led into a small room so he could set up his equipment.

“So is there anything you need from me or the other staff members Max?”

“Actually the best thing you could do is just pretend I’m not even here. I'd like to get as many candid pictures as I can. I think it will be more moving to see the work you’re all doing. A bunch of shots with fake smiles and people with their arms around each other is not going to work in this situation.”

Henry held out his hand to Max and smiled again as Max shook it.

“You got it, I’ll tell everyone you’re here from the health department. Taking pictures for the town records or something, no one will get in your way.”

“Great Henry thanks.”

“Ok well we’re just about to serve Christmas Eve dinner so I better get out there. If Mr. Hales doesn’t get an extra pudding he tends to throw a fit. Just come out when you’re ready and if you need anything just pull me aside.”

Max nodded as he removed the lens cap to his camera and turned his baseball cap backwards.

He shoved some extra rolls of film in his pockets and took off his flannel shirt and tied it around his waist.

As discretely as he could he walked out into the crowded large cafeteria that was heavily decorated with red and green streamers and pictures of Snowmen and Santa clauses.

His sensitive heart was immediately affected as he looked around the room at the many people that were huddled together over their plastic trays of Ham and mashed potatoes.

He adjusted his zoom lens so he wouldn't be intrusive to anyone. He tried to be as discreet as he could standing behind the pathetic fake plastic Christmas tree.

The first person to catch his eye was an elderly woman. She had a bright pink coat and a blue hat with snowflakes all over it. He watched as her hands shook. She was having great difficulty cutting her food. She looked lost and alone. And for a moment Max questioned whether this was really something he could do. He wondered if his heart could take it.

He snapped several shots of her before moving on to a gentleman who was from far away dressed very sharply in a three-piece suit. As Max focused more clearly on him he could see the holes and rips that covered his Jacket and pants. What really struck him though was his kind face. He wondered how in such situations bitterness doesn’t take over your soul.

After about an hour Max had several rolls finished. The hardest for him was the many children and families that were there. It was almost impossible to shoot them but he knew that they were the ones that would get the businessman to open their wallets.

Taking a break Max sat down at one of the tables and was quickly greeted by Henry who was now sporting the entire Santa get up, wig and beard included.

“Hello Max! How is it going? Did you get some good shots?”

Max held up his camera and smiled.

“I have plenty Henry, it’s going to be a successful night.”

Henry clasped his hands together and sighed with relief. “Excellent!”

“Well if that’s all I think I’m going to load my stuff in my truck and get going, I call you–

“Max! I almost forgot! The committee wanted some pictures of the staff. You know serving the food, handing out the presents. I’m so sorry I should’ve mentioned that before…can you spare a little more time?”

Knowing he had nowhere to go Max nodded and pulled his last two rolls from his pocket.

“No problem I’ll just finish these rolls off. That should be plenty.”

“Great. Most everyone has eaten but there are still some stragglers up in line. Its’ actually a perfect time not too crowded.”

“I’ll be giving out the presents now I just have to find Liz first, she’s my little helper. She’s new to the staff but she’s excellent with the children.”

The name caused his heart to skip a beat. Then he laughed to himself trying to picture Liz dishing out food or wiping little kids noses.

Still…

“You say this girl is new?”

Henry lifted his large red sack from under the tree and began to pull out several toys.

“Funny story that one. She came to us a couple of months ago. Poor thing had no place to go, we sent her to one of our social workers and got her a job. Within a couple of weeks she found an efficiency apartment not too far from here, now she’s here every weekend and most nights volunteering. Honestly I don't know what we'd do without her, she's been an angel”

Max had put his camera down and was staring at Henry amazed by his story.

“To tell you the truth we thought there was some big mystery behind her when she first came here. She was obviously used to the finer things. She was beautiful, and very well taken care of. Personally I think she was running away from something or someone …if you know what I mean, but we don’t ask questions here we just help. Anyway she doesn’t at all resemble that person now. She’s as sweet as pie and would give you the shirt off her back if you needed it.”

Max scratched behind his ear in disbelief. ‘no it can’t be her.’

“Hello Henry!”

“Well speak of the devil…Max I’d like you to meet the sweetest elf in the North Pole. Liz this is Max he’s helping us out with our funding.”

As Max looked up into her eyes his mouth fell open. He couldn’t believe the girl standing before him was the same woman who he watched walk out of his life so many months ago.

Liz stood there in her green elf costume completely paralyzed like a deer in headlights.

Henry furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“Are you two alright?”

Silence remained as a large woman wearing a frosty the snowman apron yelled for Henry from across the room.

“Ok Helen I’ll be right there! If you’ll excuse me Max I’ll be right back it’s not a good to keep Helen waiting.”

Max couldn’t help but stare are Liz. She was more beautiful then he had ever seen her.

Her hair was loose and wavy falling casually around her shoulders. Her green pointed hat sat crooked on top of her head with a tiny bell on the end that jingled every time she moved.

She had almost no make up on except for some lip gloss and a little mascara. She wore faded jeans under her costume and worn sneakers on her feet.

Her eyes widened brightly with happiness as she hesitantly gave max a small smile.

She opened her mouth to speak and he was amazed that even her voice was different.

She sounded shy and sweet.

“Hello Max.”

“Liz? Is that you?”

Liz looked down at herself and shrugged sheepishly. “It’s me.”

Just then a group of children ran up to her yelling her name.

‘Liz! Liz! Can we have our presents now!”

Trying hard to remember why he was there Max began snapping pictures as Henry and Liz handed toys out to the children.

He couldn’t help himself as he mostly directed the camera at her.

He was stunned at how different she was. So much softer and caring …even the way she moved was different. She was so much aware of the people around her.

As the night grew to an end he somehow lost her in the crowd.

He tried several times to find her but with the amount of people there it was impossible.

Still in a daze he gathered his stuff while taking one last look around the room. Sighing he left out the back door out into the alley.

Letting his truck warm up he began to clear off the snow on his windows. He couldn’t get his mind off of her. He grew angry at himself for not having the courage to talk to her.

He closed his eyes feeling the pain she had caused him …pain that he thought he had dealt with. It was obvious she still had a strong hold on his heart.

The snow was coming down faster now and the wind was fierce. He watched his wipers as they pushed the white flakes quickly off his windshield as he drove down the empty street. He now regretted not visiting his sister in Minnesota with his parents.

Christmas alone was not going to be fun especially now that he had bumped into her. His hands tightened around the steering wheel as the painful memories came flooding back to him.

Suddenly he thought he saw something on the sidewalk. Squinting his eyes it was apparent that it was a small figure walking with their head down bracing themselves again the driving blizzard.

Max slowed down almost to a complete stop and rolled down his window.

Yelling out into the dark night he asked if they needed a ride.

“You’re going to freeze out here! Can I drop you somewhere?”

The closer he got he could tell it was a girl. She had an old pee coat on with a sweatshirt underneath. The hood was over her head as pieces of her dark hair escaped around her face blowing around her rosy cheeks.

She walked a few steps hesitant to stop but the snow was just too heavy. Slowly she turned towards him and raised her head showing her face.

Moving quickly he leaned over the passenger seat and opened the door for her.

“Liz get in! You’re going to freeze out here!”

He couldn’t help smiling when she reached for his hand. She had big white mittens and a large white scarf that covered her mouth and nose. She looked like a little girl.

After putting her seatbelt on she looked forward almost afraid to speak.

“Do you still live-

Cutting him off quickly she pointed down the street.

“I live in the apartment building on the left, the one on Hazel Avenue.”

Max nodded and began driving down the street.

He was dying to ask what happen to her …how she ended up at the mission and what caused this huge change in her but he could tell by the way she was staring straight ahead in silence that she didn’t want to talk.

As he pulled up to the building he jumped out of the truck and ran around to the passenger side.

She looked down shyly as he opened the door.

Shoving her hands in her coat pockets she raised her eyes up at him and gave him a quick smile.

“Thanks for the ride Max.” she began to walk towards the door quickly obviously eager to get inside.

“Merry Christmas Liz.”

He knew how ridiculous he sounded especially after everything that had happened but there was something about her, a deep sadness in her eyes …a humility that he never recognized in her before.

He stood out there still holding onto the truck door as the snow covered his thick black hair.

As she disappeared threw the door she softly replied back.

“Merry Christmas Max.”
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 8:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Innocent Intentions (AU,M/L,Adult) Chpt 14 8/11/09

Post by jake17 »

Hello everyone! Please excuse this update if it's horrible, I haven't been able to write for over 2 months due to the fact that RL is being very nasty to me.

Thank you for all of your fb and support, I really missed being here.
Carrie :)

Chapter 14.

Christmas Morning

Max flipped up his shades and rubbed his tired eyes. Thoughts of Liz continuously ran threw his mind all night as he attempted to sleep.

He tried to think back and remember if she still had her wedding ring on wondering what happened with Sean.

Shaking his head he quickly downed some coffee and reached for his blue sweater. He sighed deeply resigning to the fact that he would not be pulled down this road again.

Still he wondered if she was alone today, if Henry was correct in saying that she had no one.

Although many people would say she deserved it Max was not one of them. He knew how pain could twist and turn your mind into doing things you would never normally do.

He knew that because it was not in his nature to have sex to fill a void, a hole that ached for love.

He knew that he should’ve been stronger and not allowed Liz to have used him…but he did. He craved for her touch so bad he sold himself out…knowingly. No matter how you looked at it he was partly to blame.

He knew that if he could lose control over what he knew was right, that anyone was capable of it.

He knew deep in his heart that there was more behind the seducing eyes and cold ways of Liz Parker. He knew that there had to be a reason for all of it.

Closing his eyes he remembered how she looked up at him as he made love to her. How from time to time she would let herself go and show herself …her real self. The vulnerable scared girl that was trying so hard to stay in control to call the shots was visible to him if only for a few very precious seconds.

“Hey wake up!”

Jumping from his thoughts he looked up to see Michael holding up traffic waving to him from across the street.

“You’re coming right?” completely undeterred from the sound of the aggravated drivers impatience beeping in back of him Michael sat on his bike waiting for a response.

“Yeah I’ll be there, I just have to make one stop first.”

Michael nodded and casually drove off leaving several very irate people in his wake.

Pulling up to the grocery store Max picked up the last apple pie that sat in the bakery display case. Michael’s mom told him not to bring anything but that was just not his style.

As he walked by the deli he noticed one turkey dinner sitting in the plastic container. He stepped closer and eyed the ready made meal then walked away.

‘This is ridiculous I’m sure she has someone to be with on Christmas and even if she doesn’t this is not your problem.’

Standing at the casher he was temporarily lost when he saw her elf hat on her head. A flash of Liz smiling while the little bell shook back and forth as she helped the children last night appeared in his mind.

“Well sir?”

He blinked his eyes several times and looked back up at the lady who was obviously waiting for an answer to her question.

“I’m sorry I didn’t hear you.”

Snapping her gum clearly irritated she said the words very slowly.

“Will. That. Be. All?”

Flashing his charming sweet smile he held up his finger and pleaded kindly to her.

“You know what I forgot one thing, I’m so sorry… I’ll be right back.”

~~~~~~~~~~~

Looking up at her apartment he began to question his plan.

He had been holding the container in his hands in the truck for so long all the windows had fogged up.

He just didn’t know what to say. What if he was wrong, what if she really never did care about him, what if he was just a warm body that she needed when times were tough.

Suddenly there was a soft knock on the driver’s side window.

“Shit.”

He hesitated trying to think of an excuse before rolling the window down.

She was standing outside in a pair of blue long johns and her sneakers shivering in the cold.

“Max you’ve been sitting out here for twenty minutes. I know you must have some things to get off your chest. Please come in before you run out of gas. Its’ ok... really. I’ve been …expecting you.”

Her voice was soft filled with understanding. She was almost meek as she turned and waved him inside.

Max stumbled out of his truck awkwardly carrying the dinner in his hand as he stared at her in continued bewilderment.

He couldn't believe how completely different she was.

Inside the doorway was a tall narrow staircase; it was badly lit and littered with garbage.

Three flights later they turned onto a long hallway with six apartment doors, as they approached the top of the stairs Liz turned and mouthed the word ‘sorry’ at the hike he had to take.

Her apartment was the last one at the end of the hallway.

All Max could think about is how unsafe it was for her to live here. How someone like her could easily be cornered and attacked. He had to fight to maintain the knowledge that this again was in fact not his problem.

Once inside she ran to a short radiator that looked like it had seen better days and raised her hands to it.

“Sorry for the mess I didn’t know I would be having company. Can I get you some hot chocolate or some tea?”

Max slowly shook his head no as he took the tiny space in.

Directly in front of him was a little table that was only big enough for two people.

A small couch was on one side of the room and a queen-sized bed on the other.

The furniture had definitely been a fixture of this apartment for a very long time. It’s green and orange color dated it back to probably the seventies Max thought.

Seeing how uncomfortable he was Liz sat at the table and pointed at the chair opposite her.

“Please sit down. I promise nothings going to jump out and bite you.”

Her wavering smile soon disappeared when she didn’t receive one back.

“Right. There’s a reason why you’re here. I understand. Please say or ask whatever you need to.”

He watched as she tucked her hair behind her ears and braced herself.

“I-I thought you might …I mean I didn’t know …Henry said you didn’t have any… I got you this dinner. It’s probably terrible I just wanted to make sure you had a good meal on Christmas.”

Liz looked down at the white container marked turkey dinner and back into his sweet eyes.

“You brought me food?”

Max shrugged his shoulders and looked away finding it hard to keep staring into her eyes, which were so much softer than he remembered.

“Liz …why did you think I came?”

Confused Liz slowly moved the dinner towards her and traced the ridges of the box seemingly lost in her thoughts.

“I don’t know. To tell me off, yell at me, let me know what a horrible person I am and how I deserve everything that happen to me.”

She lowered her head letting her long wavy hair fall around her face hiding her obvious shame.

Max ran his hand threw his hair nervously and cleared his throat.

“Really? Does that sound like something I would do?”

Liz pushed the dinner away and stood walking towards the window that looked out onto the street below.

“No but that’s exactly why you should do it. It’s what I deserve.”

Following her he stood behind her as he looked more closely around the one room apartment.

It was bare to say the least and it looked painfully lonely.

Looking back towards her he closed his eyes as the sent of her skin over came him.

He swallowed hard remembering all the times he tasted her soft lips and held her close.

Almost in a whisper he asked the question that had been torturing him for months.

“I just need to know something. I-I need to know if it was …real. If any of it was real.”

Turning quickly she was surprised at how close he was to her. Immediately she began to tremble as she looked up into his eyes that were full of pain.

“If what was real Max?”

Brushing a piece of her hair away from her face he almost backed away. She was really looking at him. There was no hint of deceit in her eyes. She wasn’t changing the subject or gearing up to play some mind game on him.

It was as if he was seeing her for the first time …the real her…bare, vulnerable and open. It was all he ever wanted but still it made him feel uneasy. If she said how she truly felt now she could destroy him.

Still he had to know.

“Us. Did you feel it too? Or was it just me?”

Her eyes widened and filled up with tears as she held her hand over his.

“I felt it too…Max I am so sorry.”

Something inside him snapped at that moment. He wasn’t sure if it was her genuine apology or her admission that spooked him but it all together became too intense.

Suddenly he backed away and looked at his watch.

“I-I have to go. I’m going to Michael’s parents for dinner. I don’t want to be late.”

Folding her arms protectively in front of her she watched as he quickly made his way to the door.

“It’s ok Max …I understand.”

He nodded before taking off down the stairs; his heart was hammering away by the time he reached the cold snowy street below.

Trying to catch his breath he gazed back up at her window just in time to see her turn away.

Punching the brick wall beside him he cursed as the pain shot into his knuckles.

"Fuck!"

Holding it under his arm he rocked back and forth knowing that no matter what had happened in the past he would be back here tonight.

He wished that he didn't feel the same butterflies in his stomach when she came close to him or his heart didn't pound against his chest when she looked into his eyes but the truth was it did.

He loved her.

More than Annie, more than anyone.

He could only hope that she felt the same.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Innocent Intentions (AU,M/L,Adult) Chpt 15 9/21/09

Post by jake17 »

darkmoon
carolyn
ginger
destiny
behr_able
Eve
Kismet
Jan
roswell 3053
angelina

thank you so much for all your wonderful fb thoughout this story! I really hope you enjoy the ending... You have no idea how much I appreciate all your support! :)

Chapter 15

As laughter roared through the Guerin household Max sat silent pushing his food around his plate unable to think of anything but Liz.

Michael’s mom picked up on Max’s obvious distress and widened her eyes to her son signaling him to find out what was wrong.

Taking a moment to place his turkey leg down Michael shook his head and announced to the entire table that Max was experiencing woman troubles.

“It’s not still that girl from your gallery? Dear she’s just no good for you.”

Max smiled politely while kicking Michael hard under the table.

Giving him a cold stare that only the two of them shared Max looked back at his mom blushing profusely while the rest of the table waited for the juicy details.

“No it’s not about Liz …I’m sorry I’m just not feeling well.”

With that he excused himself and after kissing everyone goodbye quickly left.

He couldn’t let go of that moment they shared, the moment where she was so close to telling him everything.

Punching his steering wheel he cursed himself for not having the guts to stay and hear her out.

It was just too raw. Seeing her so different completely stripped of her usual defenses it wasn’t something that he could handle.

This Liz was soft and open he knew whatever she had to say would be her true feelings.

It was easier to be angry, that he could handle but to open himself up again was just too painful.

As he sat at the red light at the intersection his head spun with not knowing what to do.

He could take a left and play it safe. That road led to his apartment where he could get lost in his darkroom concentrating on his work and the huge charity exhibition that was occurring on New Years Eve or he could turn right.

This right hand turn led to her, to her humble apartment and meager life, to a quiet softer Liz who had the power to save his heart or break it into a million pieces.

As the light turned green he heard several horns beeping in back of him.

His hands were frozen as he peered to the left then the right.

Knowing it was now or never he took the turn as the snow turned more into a blizzard almost blinding his way to her apartment.

He quickly ran to the landing and breathlessly looked up at the several flights of stairs.

With an almost painful need to see her again he took the steps two at a time as happiness and excitement pumped threw his heart.

Reaching her floor he stopped for a second and bent down resting his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

The cold air burned in his lungs but it was nothing compared to the exhilaration of knowing that soon he would be looking into those deep chocolate eyes again.

Max was a perfect example of how blind love is. No matter what your brain tells you in the end the heart wants what the heart wants and regardless of what we believe we are powerless to stop it.

With a shaky hand he knocked on the door.

Stepping back he was surprised when the door swung open.

Fearing for her safety he walked in and called out her name.

“Liz?”

He didn’t get far before he noticed the note sitting on the kitchen table.

It was a white piece of paper folded in half with his name written in small letters on the outside.

Max slumped down into the green plastic chair and held the note in his hands for several seconds before gaining the courage to open it.

Max,

I wish I had the strength to say these words to your face but the reality is I just don’t have it in me. I know in my heart I wouldn’t be able to handle the hurt look in your eyes or the rejection that would come that I know I deserve.

Still I feel as if I owe you an explanation for everything that happened. I worked so hard to turn my life around but still I will never fully heal until I ask for your forgiveness and offer my sincere regret for the pain I caused you.

In no way is what I am about to tell you an excuse for my behavior, it’s just what it is the truth and I think that much you deserve.

You see I was never what I appeared to be. It was only a mask an illusion of someone I thought I needed to be to protect myself.

I grew up extremely poor in an abusive family. I watched my mother beaten down everyday by my stepfather. I watched helplessly as her spirit, her light was destroyed. She did unimaginable things to protect me from him taking on more abuse herself. I watched daily as her will to go on dwindled down till she had nothing left.

In the end it was too much for her and she ended her life. I was eighteen and on my own when I met Sean. He was cultured and smart, he knew things about music finance and art. He was groomed to handle any social situation and conquer any goal standing in his way.

I guess I was one of those goals. At first he was kind, he took me in and taught me how to be accepted in his world. He exposed me to a life I knew nothing about but hungered for. I was taught how to survive and even be accepted as an intelligent cultured sophisticated woman.

The only problem was there was a price to pay for his kindness. I became his property something he owned that could be discarded at a moments notice if I got out of line or dared to defy him. In many ways he was no different then my stepfather.

Once again I found myself powerless and controlled. Even my body was not my own. He took me whenever he pleased and if I didn’t comply his heavy hand was enough to change my mind.

Everything I had, my business the car every single piece of clothing and jewelry I owned was his.

On the outside I was everything I wanted to be. I was successful and important, I was someone that people took notice of no longer ignored or thought of as trash. But on the inside of felt empty and trapped. One day flowed into another with less importance than the last …than was until you came into my life.

That day in the park when you took my picture I could see in your eyes that you were different.

I could see how you looked at me, it was the perception the lie you loved… not me Max. I knew it from the beginning. That confident worldly refined woman was nothing but an image created by a mad man.

I knew you could never love the insecure lost girl that longed so much for you.

I thought if I was the woman you thought I was I could have you, I could at least steal a few precious moments in your arms.

I also knew that it would only be a matter of time before he found out and I would have to leave you forever.

The only problem was I couldn’t go back to living that lie with Sean. I had fallen in love and even though I knew I lost you forever I had to leave.

It wasn’t hard when Sean found out about us he threw me out on the street with nothing.

It was as if I never existed. The clients and friends I knew before walked past me as if I was a ghost. That’s when I found the shelter and slowly found my self again with the help of some very kind people.

Max I know this doesn’t justify how I treated you or the horrible things I did but you should know how I really felt about you. How I still feel about you.

Because Max I never knew love before you, you’re kindness and tenderness will stay with me forever. You truly are a gift to this harsh world, an open heart always ready to give selflessly. I will always love you Max.

Take this truth and do with it what you want. I found that I am stronger than I ever knew and in my heart I know that I will be ok. I have you to thank for this, because if someone like you could love me, maybe I’m not so horrible after all.

To me you will always be my first and only love Max.

I am eternally grateful for every moment I was giving with you.

I have decided to move back home. I’m going to start over, maybe even go back to school. It’s time I learned to make it on my own.

You deserve more Max.

I can only hope that you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

Forever yours,

Liz

Tears welled in his eyes as he held the paper up to his face breathing in the unmistakable scent of her.

Quickly he scanned the room now realizing that all of her things were gone.

Tearing down the road he drove to the mission and practically knocked Henry over.

“Where did she go! You have to tell me!”

Steadying himself Henry gave him a sympathetic smile.

“She didn’t tell me Max but please listen to me I am your friend and as much as I like Liz she’s a troubled girl who is truly broken maybe its better to just let her go.”

Max just backed away still clutching the letter in his hand as his heart once again was shattered.

“I love her Henry, I love her.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Max it’s New Years Eve there is no way your going home after this charity thing.”

Staring up at the wall Max attempted to finish arranging the photographs. He was disheveled and clearly in pain. He felt completely out of place with all the high society people that were crowding all around him.

“Michael I’m not even staying for the event. I promised to take the pictures I did my job. I just want to go home.”

Grabbing Max by the shoulders Michael straightened his tie and jacket.

“You know you could at least hide the fact that your not used to rubbing elbow with the rich and famous. Besides you have to stay, these snobby bastards always want to meet the fledgling artist. You promised Henry.”

Looking around at the now crowded gallery Max rolled his eyes and downed a glass of champagne.

“One hour …I’ll stay for one hour and then I’m out of here.”

Max did his best to make polite conversation as the night went on but inside his heart was breaking. After a long painful discussion with an executive that clearly had no concept of his art he quietly tried to duck out of the crowd and inch his way towards the door.

Unfastening his tie he had one hand on the door handle when he heard a voice behind him.

“Max I didn’t know you did self portraits?”

Confused Max looked at the picture that the owner of the gallery was speaking of completely stunned.

“I don’t Mr. Alder.”

Taking a puff off his cigar the large man cleared his throat and pointed again at the picture of Max.

“Well I’d sure like to meet the artist that took this candid. It certainly puts you in a flattering light. If I didn’t know better I’d think this person was madly in love with you.”

As the old man chuckled at his own discovery Max scanned the room in time to see a flurry of dark wavy hair disappear in the back room.

“Excuse me Mr. Alder I’ll be right back.”

The elderly man looked back at the picture and nodded at his assumption.

“Yes definitely in love.”

The black and white photo was a close up of Max standing on a busy street. The people walking by where blurred as if the only focus of the shot was his face …his expression …his thoughts of her as snow covered his dark hair and lashes.

The picture seemed to capture his pure loving heart perfectly. His eyes were warm and kind, his thoughts obviously lost thinking of someone he loved. His true essence shown threw illuminating his sensitive soul. He looked like a romantic hero, a modern figure from a Jane Austin novel.

Pushing past the crowd Max strained to see above everyone but only caught glimpses of a flash of dark hair and a white scarf flowing in the air as strangers parted away from her..

Max breathlessly slammed open the heavy metal doors that led to the alley to see the back outline of a woman just about to turn the corner.

“Wait please!”

The figure stood frozen placing her white-gloved hands inside her pockets.

“Liz?”

Slowly she turned to face him. Her pea coat was open revealing a simple black dress. It was opposite of the sexy outfit he was used to. Her hair was loose and free flowing beautifully around her face.

He was truly leveled by her stunning beauty.

He pointed back towards the gallery still in shock trying to find his voice.

“Was it you? Did you take that picture of me?”

She bit her lip shyly and raised her bright teary eyes towards him.

“I wanted to leave you with a gift. Kind of a lasting memory of what you will always mean to me Max.”

A long silence stretched between them before she cleared her throat and spoke.

“Did you get my letter?”

He nodded as the words she wrote ripped at his heart knowing what she had been through.

“Well I really should be going, take care of yourself Max.”

With that she disappeared around the corner leaving him alone in the dark.

Max paced the ally wringing his hands freezing in the cold January air until something suddenly snapped inside him.

She bared her soul to him. She told him everything even though she was leaving. He thought back to the picture of him on the wall and suddenly knew the truth. That was the way she really saw him. She loved him …she always had.

Taking off down the road he turned the corner just in time to see her step into a taxi.

“Liz! Liz wait!!”

She looked up just in time to see him running towards her.

Meeting him in the middle of the street she looked around as cars slammed on their brakes and horns blared from every direction.

“Max what are you doing?”

Taking her in his arms he cupped her face in his hands and suddenly they were the only two people in the world.

“Liz you don’t have to leave, please stay with me-

Liz shook her head as tears filled her eyes.

“But the letter…what I’ve done …who I am-

“Who you are is broken …just like me …just like the rest of us. You’re just trying to find your way in the world.”

Pulling her close he swept his thumb across her cold lips.

“I know you love me and that’s all that matters now. Please Liz you can’t run away forever. Please give this a chance … give us a chance.”

Kissing her softly he whispered against her trembling mouth.

“Stay.”

Liz gazed up at his sweet innocent face speechless.

“Please Liz …I love you.”

Suddenly threw the noisy yelling of the crowds of people that where now out of their cars a familiar voice bellowed loudly silencing everyone.

“For god sake just say you’ll stay woman! Before we all freeze to death!”

Just then Max and Liz looked around to see that everyone from the gallery was standing outside witnessing their very private moment.

And standing right in front was Michael with a bud light in one hand and a model in the other.

“Well what’s it going to be Liz? Are you going to stay?”

Max lifted her chin up and whispered softly to her ignoring the increasing crowd around them.

“Liz?”

Reaching her arms around his neck Liz kissed him tenderly.

“Yes Max…I’ll stay.”

With a thunderous roar of the crowd screaming their approval Max lifted Liz in his arms and spun her around while the cars and trucks beeped their horns in celebration.

From across the street Michael smiled before ushering his latest conquest inside.

“So how do you know this guy?”

“Max? He’s my best friend we go way back, he’s a good guy a little too sensitive if you ask me but he’s alright.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I always liked this truck."

Max laughed at Liz as she looked down at the worn fabric on the seats.

"I'm serious It's got a lot of personality."

Wrapping his hand around hers Max gazed up at the road ahead of him.

"Wow it's really getting bad out there. I think we're supposed to get a foot tonight. Maybe we should just head to my apartment it's close."

Liz tilted her head and raised her eyebrows giving him a coy sexy smile.

"Your place? Isn't that a little too soon for a first date."

He smiled brightly back at her as he raised her hand to his mouth to gently kiss her.

"Don't worry Liz I assure you my innentions are completely innocent."

~ the end ~
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.