Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult)Chpt10*complete* 9/22/09

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult)Chpt10*complete* 9/22/09

Post by jake17 »

I would like to thank pijeechinadoll from the bottom of my heart for this beautiful banner...you really took my breath away! He is the Angel I dreamt about ping thank you so much!!

Title: Heart of an Angel
Author: jake17
Disclaimer: I own nothing roswell
Rating: Adult
Pairings: M/L
Summary: What happens when an angel from heaven breaks all the rules risking everything for a chance to experience the greatest gift of all...love.

Chapter 1.

Liz glanced at the clock on the grease stained wall of the coffee shop apprehensively as she listened to Maria’s voice mail.

“Maria it’s two thirty where are you? Call me when you get this message”

She rubbed her shoulder completely exhausted by her double shift and decided it was worth the risk walking to her apartment alone.

Liz buttoned up her blue winter coat and pulled her hat down over her ears as she fumbled with the lock due to her oversized mittens.

The snow was coming down so heavy it was hard for her to see two feet ahead of her. Big fluffy white fakes stuck in her long black eye lashes as she braced herself against the freezing wind that blew the ends of her raven hair all around her shoulders.

She sighed with relief when she saw her apartment building across the street. That’s when she heard the voices coming from behind her.

“She looks lonely to me”

Suddenly a large balding middle-aged man appeared to her right.

Liz’s eyes fell quickly at the ground. She began to walk faster as her heart started pounding frantically against her chest.

“Yes I think we should have a party, the three of us! How does that sound to you sweet heart?”

She could see out of the corner of her eye that this man was tall and lean as he walked close to her left shoulder. Tears started to fill her eyes as she felt his rough grip on her arm.

“Please I’m almost home. My husband’s expecting me. He’s probably watching me from our window right now. I really need to go.”

“Lying doesn’t suit you, we know there is no one waiting for you.”

Just then the tall skinny man put his hands under her arms as the larger man wrapped his arms around her knees and lifted her off the ground.

Liz screamed and fought with all her might but she was no match as the two men dragged her down the alley.

She started to beg and plead with them not to hurt her as they propped her up against the cold brick wall.

The tall lanky man held her arms behind her back as the bulky one set her feet down and slowly unbuttoned her coat.

“NO! Please I-I have fifty dollars in tips in my right pocket please don’t do this! Please –

After that everything when black, all she could feel was the soft cool snowflakes falling on her face and a sharp pain spreading across her teeth.

As she started to wake from her unconscious state the reality of what had happened ran through her like ice water as her eyes fluttered open.

Gabriel no.”

Her eyes slowly came into focus on a tall dark figure that knelt down beside her.

Deep concern filled his warm golden eyes as he carefully looked over her face.

“W-Who are you?”

Her teeth chattered from the cold as her bare arms and legs shivered against the hard ground.

“Think of the consequences Gabriel

Looking around the streets he quickly unbuttoned his black wool coat and very gently scooped her up in arms. He wrapped it around her shielding her face from the falling snow and held her very close to his chest.

Instantly her body was enveloped in a blanket of warmth and peace as he carried her protectively out of the alley.

She fought hard to keep her eyes open as she gazed into his kind curious face.

Liz had no idea why but she felt no reason to fear this man.

Feeing very calm and safe in his arms she reached her hand out of his coat and brushed the black strands of hair from his sweet innocent eyes.

As she drifted off asleep once again she rested her head against his shoulder slurring her words in the process.

“You saved me”

A soft smile appeared across his beautiful face as he brushed his lips against her forehead and closed his eyes.

Please Gabriel

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Liz winced in pain as she turned over to her side. Her hand covered the side of her face feeling as if it was ten times as big as it usually was. It was still dark when looked down to see that she was still in her uniform.

Suddenly a rush of memories came flooding through her as she sat up in bed clutching her blankets to her chest.

Within seconds he was there at her side.

“What happened? Oh my god! Those men they …

Liz was shaking as tears started to stream down her face.

“You!”

Grabbing his coat from the kitchen chair he quickly made his way towards the door.

“Wait! Who are you? What is your name?”

Nervously he looked around the room as he pulled his collar up past his black turtleneck. His hand was on the doorknob but his choice was already made.

To speak in the presence of a human – another rule he was about to break.

Glancing at the coffee can on the kitchen counter he whispered so sweetly that his voice hung in the air like the flutter of a humming birds wings long after he was gone.

“Maxwell”

“Max...my name is Max”

“Wait!”

She turned on her light by her bed but he was gone.

She stared at he empty chair that sat just outside her room. She realized he had spent the entire night watching over her.

Closing his eyes he held his hand over her front door.

The need to sleep overwhelmed any questions she had as she settled back into bed and quickly drifted off to sleep.

Pushing the insistent voice out of his head he sat on the stairwell picturing every perfect curve of her face.

“Sleep sweet Elizabeth I am here, you are safe.”
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:58 pm, edited 14 times in total.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 2 10/6/08

Post by jake17 »

Pijeechinadoll: Ping...thank you again for my awesome banner!! I love it! I hope you like this next part! :D
destinyc: Hi destiny! Yes Max is Gabriel ..an angel..I had this in my head forever I hope you like it! :D thanks so much for your fb!
Natalie36: thank you so much! I hope you like this part! :D
begonia9508: Hello Eve! So happy to see you here! thank you so much! :D
keepsmiling7: So happy you like this! thank you!! :D
Hunter: omg you are such a sweetheart!! Thanks so much for the fb! I feel the sun :wink: coming back out :wink: :D
garcia88: Thank you so much! I really hope you like this part! :D
sarammlover: Wow Sara! That was so sweet!! thank you so much! I love seeing you here! :D
dreamer19: I know sweetie, too many strories :wink: :) I just can't help it! He lives in my head all the time demanding I write about him.. I have nothing to with it! I tried very hard not to forget the periods :wink: how did I do?? :wink: :D love you here!! thank you so much! :D
darkmoon: hey you! :D love that you are here... reading a dreamer Max filled fic :wink: :wink: I know how much you love them! :wink: :wink: You are awesome sweetie!! thank you so much for everything! :D
IheartMax: Omg seashell he is a heavenly body isn't he!!! and he all ours!! :D :D Thank you so much!!! don't worry he's not going to stay pure for very long :wink: :twisted: ..oh my hello Heigl! :twisted: :wink:
Alien615: Thank you so much! hope you like this part! :D
Destiny Dreamer: thank you for wanting more! :D
behr_able: thank you so much! I really hope you like this update! :D
L-5-L76: thank you for wanting to read more! :D
roswell3053: Hi! So happy your here! thank you so much for your sweet fb! :D
angelina: Hello sweetie! Hope your doing well! So happy you like this! :D
POM:
POM wrote:very sweet begining and meeting between them--if only that could really happen I'd be on cloud nine!!
Omg me too!! :shock: I just love him!! thank you so much for being here! :D

Chapter 2.

Gabriel you realize what this means don’t you?

Max walked back and forth on the ledge outside Liz’s window closing his eyes against the raging winter wind and the counsel that was inundating his head.

I love her.

You are above human love. You have a duty a purpose in this world.

My duty is to watch over her now. I should have been there. She was hurt because of me.

You were doing what you were meant to do Gabriel. We cannot intervene in people’s destiny.

Then what good are we if we can’t save them. I don’t understand.

It is not for you to understand Gabriel. You are a servant of God and you are breaking the rules.

Movement inside the room caught Gabriel’s eyes as he whispered back up to the heavens

“I love her.”

Their eyes locked as Liz ran to her window.

Snow blew into her room as she lifted the heavy big pane and screamed.

“Max! What are you doing?! Please come inside!”

Max casually gazed around him and down at the ground below.

Calmly he stepped inside and curiously looked at her with wide eyes.

“Max we are five floors up what were you thinking? “

Liz was breathless as she brushed off the snow on his long black coat. She had no idea how he got out there and why now he was staring at her completely silent.

“Max…what’s wrong?”

Max shook his head breaking his gaze and darted his eyes back and forth around her room looking for something to put over her.

Pulling her comforter off her bed he draped it around her shoulders as he shyly looked away.

“Oh”

Liz looked down at her tank top and panties and pulled the blanket tight around her and smiled.

“Sorry. I was just so surprised to see you out there. I didn’t …Max why were you out there?”

After a long pause Max slowly gazed back up at Liz.

“Does it hurt?”

Liz held her hand over the darkened bruise on her face and looked at the floor remembering what the two men where about to do to her.

“Yes…but it could’ve been so much worse.”

Liz backed up as she softy spoke and sat on her bed.

"Max what happened? I mean the last thing I remembered is getting hit and then… then you were there. Where did they go?”

Max sighed and sat beside her looking straight ahead.

“I convinced them to stop and go home. Then I carried you to your apartment.”

Liz furrowed her brows at Max completely confused.

“What do you mean you convinced them to stop?”

“I’m so sorry Liz.”

Liz held his arm at his obvious pain making Max close his eyes by just the touch of her hand.

“You saved me…why are you apologizing?”

“I should’ve been there from the start. I-I didn’t think that you would leave. It was snowing so hard …I didn’t think-

“You’ve been following me?”

Very slowly Max turned and looked up into her eyes

She actually felt light headed from the pure beauty that was looking back at her. It was not only his incredibly handsome features, which by itself would cause anyone to stare. It was more than that. It was his innocence his purity.

The way he looked at her with such love, such complete devotion she didn’t know how to respond.

“Yes I follow you.”

“Why?”

“I’m always with you.”

“What do you mean you’re always with me?”

He reached up and very gently cupped her face completely covering the darkened bruise.

Warmth spread throughout his hand against her skin. Her eyes shut when she suddenly felt the room spinning. Once again she found herself in his arms as he laid her across her bed.

Very carefully he covered her and knelt on the floor.

“Are you okay Liz?”

She forced her heavy eyes lids to open. Sighing she moved her neck back and forth and touched her face.

She sat up quickly with her eyes wide and stared down at him in wonder.

“How?”

“I’m sorry... sometimes that happens. It’s hard to know when it’s enough…when to stop.”

Liz breathed out in wonder.

“What are you?”

Max looked away and leaned against the wall.

“A friend.”

As each fiery emotion ripped through his soul he wondered what he was turning into. Everything about her was making him dizzy and weak. He tried to steady his shaky hands by tightly wrapping them around his stomach.

He didn’t understand the strange feelings that were consuming him. He didn’t understand why he longed to kiss her soft lips or why he had such a need to touch her silky hair. The pain he felt when he was away from her was too much to take. His head fell into his hands as his heart raced with every breath she took.

This was not supposed to happen.

He was not supposed to fall in love.

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 3 10/21/08

Post by jake17 »

pijeechinadoll: Ping! thank you so much for your very sweet comment!! :D
darkmoon: I love that Max is pulling you to our side.. :wink: :lol: Seki must be loosing his mind!! :wink: :lol: love that you are here! thank you a million times!! :D
garcia88: Kris thank you so much! It means so much to me that you think this is beautiful! :D
Alien614: Thank you so much for your very kind words.. I so hope you like this next part! :D
destinyc: hello destiny! thank you so much for liking this so much! I can't tell you what it means to me! :D
behr_able: wow I can't believe you think this is awesome.. thank you so much!! :D
carolina_moon: thank you so much for you very sweet words!! :D
begonia9508: Hi Eve! Yes you are right love can be so freaking painful!! thank you so much for being here! :D
scorpio6:
scorpio6 wrote:Jake 17 you have hit a home run again. I love this story. You have become one of my favorite authors......
:oops: honestly you have no idea how much that means to me. I don't even know what to say except thank you from the bottom of my heart! :D
IheartMax: Seashell he makes me dizzy and confused too! :lol: We're both all done! Thank you so much sweetie!! :D
angélina:oh big kisses to you too sweetie!!! I hope you are doing ok!! I miss you talking to you! Thank you so much for your kind words!! :D
roswell3053: thank you for thinking that was beautiful!! I was really hoping that people would get that emotion from this! Really thank you so much!!! :D

Chapter 3.

Throughout the night Max sat quietly on the floor and watched in awe at the girl who had turned his existence into something unfamiliar, something beyond his comprehension.

He quietly watched her soft breathing and her tiny movements as she from time to time turned and sighed in her sleep.

He was lost.

Lost as to what to do with all these feelings he knew nothing about. Lost with the constant urges to touch her.

He longed to just lie next to her and hold her in his arms. He yearned to feel the warmth of her small body curled inside his large frame.

He wanted desperately to surround her, to breathe in her intoxicating scent that mercilessly wafted through every part of him making him crazy with a desire he had no idea how to control.

He wondered to himself if this was what humans experienced all the time.

He was so confused, if humans were so privileged to feel such love, such devotion why were they constantly hurting each other.

He witnessed this gift being thrown away without gratitude or appreciation over and over again.

Why did it seem that love was something to fear, that it always led to pain and intense sorrow.

He has seen it time and time again, people taking this incredible gift for granted.

Slowly Max reached out his hand and carefully drifted over her head barely grazing her wavy raven hair. His eyes focused on the way her long dark eyelashes brushed against the rosy hue of her cheeks.

His heart jumped as her lips parted when she started to stir.

Max sat up straight and partly hovered over her with concern as she started to slowly move her head back and forth. Quiet moans began to escape from her as her movements became more frantic.

She was now shaking her head back and forth more forcefully as a very pronounced word was repeated over and over again.

“No! no! no!”

She was reliving that horrible night in a terrifying nightmare.

Without thought of consequences his selfless heart jumped into action. His only concern was to stop her pain, everything else was irrelevant.

Removing his black coat he sat on the bed lifting her up so she was lying against his broad chest.

Softly whispering to her he attempted to wake her only to fail again and again. He was afraid that if he was anymore forceful he would only traumatize her more.

Liz was now hysterical still deep inside this terrifying state.

He wrapped his arms around her and laid his hand across her cheek stroking her lightly as he drifted into her dream.

Suddenly he was standing in an alley with only the light of the moon filtering through the tall buildings that surrounded him.

He was back in that horrible night. The same broken windows in the abandoned graffiti riddled building was on one side while a boarded up old store that had been closed for years stood on the other.

The ground was littered with trash and broken liquor bottles. The unbearable stench of filth and urine was even evident as he began to notice something moving down the end of the alley.

He could hear scuffling in the distance and the muffled cries of a woman.

Quickly he ran towards the frightening sound that tore at his innocent heart. He was experiencing that night as if it were really happening all over again.

His love for Liz had changed everything.

When he entered a human’s dream in the past there were boundaries, lines that protected him from the pain and suffering. This prevented him from becoming emotionally attached.

It was essential for him to do his job of comforting and healing, of providing the hope and faith to endure whatever hardship they were going through.

Without this protection the pure selfless heart of an angel would never be able to bear such agonizing pain without taking it on them selves. Their gentle fragile hearts would sacrifice anything if it meant freeing a human of such misery.

What Gabriel hadn’t realized was falling in love with a human came with a steep price and he was just beginning to feel exactly what that entailed.

The protection that had always enveloped him was slowly vanishing. For the first time Max was feeling true pain and real fear. A raw emotion that stuck a terrifying cord deep within him.

The love he felt for Liz was so powerful that every whimper of agony, every cry of panic and fear were like daggers stabbing him repeatedly through the heart.

He was so unprepared for this assault on his senses, on every fiber of his being. He had always been spared these human emotions.

Now that he had opened his heart to love, the door to other feelings slowly began to take over him.

He didn't understand what was happening. He couldn't comprehend why god was forsaking him.

He knew that Loving Liz couldn't be wrong. He felt as though she was a part of him now. That her heart and his were bound together in a way that was unbreakable.

Love was supposed to be the only thing that mattered. The reason for life itself. So why was all this happening?

Max winced and covered his ears as her desperate weeping ripped through him.

What was this? What was he feeling? Why did he feel so much pain?

He ran quickly towards her finding the two men pinning her to the ground tearing at her clothes.

The sight of her terrified expression and the horrid things they were doing to her was unbearable to him.

It was paralyzing. Tears started to stream from his eyes as he called out to the heavens for help. Help from the one that had been warning him of this all along.

“Michael!”

Falling to his knees he screamed louder as the foreign waves of anguish crashed over him again and again.

He tried without success to use his powers to end her nightmare, to banish the visions of her fears. This was something he had done since the beginning of time he couldn’t understand why god was allowing this to continue.

“Michael please!”

With a blinding flash of white light a tall majestic figure appeared before them.

The entire time Liz was concentrating on Max. Never leaving his pained expression. Even though he could not help she was powerless to look away.
She felt the incredible connection of love between them just as strong as he did.

Max held his hand in front of his amber eyes shielding himself from the piercing pure light. Why was this hurting his eyes? This was the light that they all shared, that he himself expelled for centuries. How could this possibly hurt him?

The arc Angel Michael raised his hand high in the air and with a quiet whisper of prayer too high for human ears to register the men were gone.

Max lowered his hands from his ears and raised his weary head towards his friend and whispered thank you.

A deep look a sorrow covered Michael’s magnificent face as he bowed his head and disappeared into the night.

Within seconds Max lifted Liz in his shaky arms and held her close.

He felt as if his heart would burst into a million pieces as she lifted her teary eyes towards him.

“You came.”

His eyes drifted shut as her whispered hoarse voice touched his broken heart.

When he opened them again they were once again lying in her bed.

Liz found herself surrounded by his protective body as he continued to pull her in against his pounding heart.

Her eyes fluttered open as her trembling lips tried to form words of an experience she didn’t understand.

Her voice cracked as she held back her tears. Although she hardly knew this man she felt safe against his warm hard chest. A place she never wanted to leave again.

“W-What –

“Shh my sweet Elizabeth.”

His lips touched the top of her head as he continued to calm her with his almost musical lulling husky voice.

“It was just a dream. You’re safe. I have you my beautiful one. I have you now.”

Gently he rocked her until she could fight her heavy eyes no longer.

As she felt herself drift away she murmured softly against the heavy breathing of his childlike naive heart.

“Please don’t let me go Max, please hold me, just for tonight."

As her eyes finally succumbed to exhaustion, he soothed her repeating the words that left her without fear or worry.

“I will hold you forever my sweet Elizabeth.”

“Forever.”
Last edited by jake17 on Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:34 am, edited 9 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 4 11/7/08

Post by jake17 »

Natalie36
Pijeechinadoll
Lena7
begonia9508
IheartMax
garcia88
POM
angelina
darkmoon
sarammlover
martine
destinyc
keepsmiling7
roswell4life
roswell3053
Hunter

Thank you everyone for your amazing fb! You have no idea how much it means to me.
I hope you like this next part.
Carrie :D

This update is dedicated to my sweet seashell, IheartMax. Happy Anniversary!! I love you to pieces!! You are definitely my angel! :D

Chapter 4.

Liz woke to the sound of the snowplows grinding their brakes as they pushed the heavy snow against the building.

Her hand instinctively reached for Max as her eyes fluttered open.

“Max?”

As Liz listened carefully she could hear movement in the kitchen. Her heart started to race as fear pumped through her body.

“Max are you there!”

Suddenly Maria popped her head in the bedroom with a curious look.

“Ok chica give it up, who is Max!”

Liz reached for her face to hide her bruises, but everything was gone. There was no more pain or swelling, she was completely normal. Just then she remembered Max healing her.

Maria had no idea and she knew she had to keep it that way.

“Maria what are you doing here?”

“Umm it’s called work, I know it’s a dive but it pays the rent.”

“Oh yeah… work.”

Liz looked at the clock and groaned as she pulled herself from her bed.

She stood in the shower dreading the thought of going outside. Suddenly she feared everything. The world she knew was a different place. They were still out there. What if they were worried that she called the police, what if they were watching her. She felt as if she would never be safe again.

Just then Maria stuck her head in the door.

“So you never told me who is this Max you were asking for? Did he sleep here last night? Is this some boyfriend you neglected to tell me about?”

As Liz wrapped the towel around herself and ran a comb through her hair she started to feel a sharp pain in her heart. She missed him. Nothing made sense, how he healed her, how he showed up in her dreams.

She had no idea what he was or where he came from. She only knew that she loved him. She loved him more than she knew it was possible to love someone, and she needed to see him again.

“He’s a customer from the diner, he drove me home the other night. I must have been dreaming. I don’t remember asking for him.”

“I figured you got a ride home. I am so sorry Liz, my car got stuck in the blizzard and I had no service, by the time I was able to call you I was afraid to wake you up. I figured Sal or one of the cooks would drive you home.”

“It was fine Maria, I got a ride from Max. He’s a very nice guy.”

A chill shuddered through her as she wrapped her arms around herself. She missed his warmth, his lovely eyes, and his protective arms. She wondered if she would have to wait long before he would show up again. Every second seemed like an eternity without him.

“Hmm nice guy huh? From the way you were calling out his name he seemed more than just a nice guy. What are you keeping from me Liz?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the day went on Liz did her best to busy herself. When she wasn’t waiting on customers she counted inventory and cleaned everything in site.

It was late in the day when she hear the bell from the front door and had a strange feeling.

As Liz pushed opened the swinging doors from the kitchen she sighed with relief when she spotted him sitting in the corner all alone.

“Let me guess, Max.”

“How did you know?”

“Well he won’t let anyone wait on him except you and really Liz could he be more gorgeous? I should leave you stranded more often.”

Liz smiled back at Maria knowing she had no idea what she was saying. Her eyes were fixed on him. His gentle expression looked upon her with such love it took her breath away.

“Hi”

“Hello”

“You left this morning, I was worried.”

“No Liz I never left you. I followed you here. I told you I would never leave you. I couldn’t let Maria see me.”

“But all day, I didn’t see you.”

“I was here. When you helped Mrs. Taylor with her glasses and made sure old man Stanley had a ride home. I was here with you.”

Liz walked very close to him and pressed her cheek to his chest.

“I-I didn’t know, I thought you left me. I was so scared.”

“Elizabeth I am so sorry, you are safe now. I promise.” Carefully he tilted her chin up to look into his majestic eyes. “No one will ever hurt you again.”

“Take me home, please Max”

“Get your coat I’ll meet you outside.”

As they entered her apartment Liz took his hand and led him to her bed.

Slowly she lowered his coat from his shoulders as she kicked off her shoes.

“I’ll be right back, we need to talk Max. Don’t go anywhere please.”

Max nodded as he sat down and gazed up at her.

“I told you I –

“Never leave me, I know.”

Liz stood in front of her bathroom mirror and stared at the spot that once carried the ugly mark of her brutal attack.

She took off her uniform and stood under the hot shower hoping that the feeling of those horrible men would wash away in the scalding water.

As she emerged from the bathroom she had a white short cotton robe on that was damp and stuck snugly to her naked body. She was shivering as her hair dripped down upon her shoulders.

Max looked up at her and quickly away. He could hardly contain the feelings that were overwhelming him. Such beauty he had only witnessed in blinding red and gold sunsets or the soaring flight of the eagles that flew across the sky. It was too much for him. His heart burned with need for her, the ache he felt pained him deep inside.

Liz sat next to him on the bed and whispered against his ear as she brushed his dark hair from his eyes.

“Please Max hold me. I’m so cold.”

Slowly he gazed down at her. As their eyes met the emotion, the pull was too strong. Her lips parted as she leaned closer to him.

He inched towards her pulling away then coming closer as if he was fighting himself not to give in.

As he felt her fingers thread through the back of his hair and heard a tiny moan escape her soft lips all struggle left his body.

Slowly, gently he brushed his mouth against hers as he breathed her in.

She slid onto to his lap and pulled his arms around her as she parted his lips and caressed his tongue.

Suddenly Max gasped and placed her back on the bed.

Quickly he stood and started to pace the room as he held his fingers to his mouth.

“What’s wrong Max? What is it?

“You, you.”

“What Max?”

He ran his fingers through his hair and stood against the window taking deep breaths.

“Is this what it’s supposed to feel like? So much… intensity”

Confused Liz stood and placed her hand on his shoulder.

“Max haven’t you ever?”

“I mean you’ve… made love before.”

Max lowered his head to the ground and shook it slowly side to side.

“But…Max you don’t have to lie to me-

“I’m not lying.”

“Max what are you?”

“You already know the answer to that, you just don’t trust yourself.”

Liz sighed and sat back on the bed.

“It’s not possible.”

“Yes it is.”

“No it isn’t!”

Sympathy covered his sweet face as he knelt before her.

“Liz I broke the rules. I fell in love with you and now I don’t know what I’m doing. I don’t know how to make you believe. Please just trust your heart. You know what I am.”

“Broke the rules! Max what… you’re not making any sense!”

Slowly Max stood and lowered his head.

Taking a deep breath in he look upwards as a bright blinding white light began to appear from his back completely engulfing him.

Liz watched in astonishment as two white wings stretched out from behind him and curled gently around his strong body.

They were pure as the white snow that was falling outside her window. They stretched out at least five feet on either side of him and gracefully hovered in the air.

Tears fell from her eyes as she took in his breathtaking beauty.

“W-Who are you?”

Max feel to his knees and looked up at her pleading for acceptance as he handed his untainted heart to her.

“They call me Gabriel.”

In a soft whisper he pulled back his wings and cradled her face in his hands.

“I have existed for ages. I am in this world as a servant, a messenger of hope. Now my purpose has changed, the importance of my journey is meaningless. My heart, my soul belongs to you Elizabeth. I am here to love you, be with you, protect you.”

“I am yours.”

“I am forever yours.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 5 12/10/08

Post by jake17 »

Morning Dreamgirl
garcia88 x2
roswell 3053
Monica
Lena
angelina
destiny
IheartMax
Ping
Natalie
Eve
Darkmoon
KeepSmiling

Thank you everyone for your amazing wonderful fb!!! Just so you know the religous references in this story are purely intended to move the plot along. I'm not making any grand statements here. I always imagined Michael the archangel as being like a solder, with the stories of his battling satan and thowing him out of heaven... so that's how I wrote him, If I'm wrong please forgive me. Just going for romance here :wink:
Hope you like this part although it might be shocking and not what your expecting... but remember its me ...with my stupid dreamer heart. :wink:

Chapter 5.

Liz sat on the bed physically shaking with her eyes open wide and her hand covering her mouth in disbelief.

Slipping off the bed she ran past him grabbing her jeans and her sweater along the way.

Max watched her in horror. He didn’t know if she was scared but it was clear she was not easily going to accept what he was showing her.

Quickly he pulled his wings in and grabbed his black coat to cover himself.

He walked into the kitchen to find her jumping on one foot trying desperately to get her boots on.

“Liz please let me explain.”

His soft calm voice did little to compose her current frantic state as she artfully resisted eye contact with him.

“Your hair is soaking wet you can’t go out there it’s freezing.”

Suddenly Liz stilled as she pulled her arms through the sleeves of her coat.

She looked up at him shaking her head back and forth.

“You can’t actually expect me to believe that you are…that y-you’re-

“An angel…an archangel to be correct.”

“Max angel’s don’t exist.”

A hurtful expression covered his face as he leaned against her wall and whispered to her.

“Do people really think that Liz? Do you really believe that?”

Liz hesitated for a moment taken off guard by how sad he looked.

“Yes Max, just like I don’t believe in the Easter bunny and Santa Claus. Angels are just made up myths Catholics use to try and give people comfort. There is no God, no angels, no heaven with big puffy clouds and people playing harps, no hell with pitchforks! When you die you’re dead, end of story!”

“Liz you’re wrong.”

He tried to reach out to comfort her seeing the great distress she was in but she jerked her arm away.

“I don’t know who you are or what mental ward you broke out of but y-you need to go…please just leave!”

Max could feel that this was more that her finding the faith to accept what he was. He was overwhelmed by her immense grief and pain. This was something much bigger that what was happening between the two of them. His heart ached for her loneliness.

“Liz there is a God and he loves you, you have to know that he is always with you.”

This simple statement made something deep inside her snap. It was as if a wall she had been building inside her for a long time began to break down.

Tears filled her eyes as she began to walk towards him pointing her finger at his broad chest.

“He loves me huh? He loves me so much that he couldn’t save my mother when I was ten from killing herself or save my father from crawling into a bottle until he drank his life away? Do you have any idea how many people walk through this word in agony? Where is your God Max because I’m sorry I just don’t see it!”

Max stood silent allowing her to put all her pain and anguish into his heart

“He loves you Liz, and he has helped you through all of the challenges you’ve faced.”

“Bullshit!”

Max’s only response was one of love and understanding.

“I was there that night for you Liz, remember? You weren’t alone then and you’re not now.”

Liz closed her eyes and sank to the floor in pure exhaustion.

He knelt down and picked her up cradling her in his arms.

Relenting Liz rested her head on his chest as he carried her to her bed.

Gently Max laid her on down and pulled the quilt over her.

Sitting calmly beside her he cupped her cheek in his hand and wiped away her tears.

“I healed you Liz, what human is capable of that?”

Liz put her hand over his keeping him there.

“I just… it’s a lot to –

Max raised his fingers to her lips silencing her and smiled.

“It’s enough for one day, you rest now.”

Walking over to the window he held his hand in the air darkening the room.

“I’ll be right outside Liz, sleep now.”

As Max stepped out onto the edge of the window he was not surprised to see Michael perched high on a gargoyle head on the corner of the roof.

Effortlessly Max pulled himself upwards to join him.

Max smiled at the long dirty blonde haired angel knowing he was the rebel, the warrior of the group.

“Is there something I can help you with my dear Michael?”

“You showed yourself to a mortal Gabriel.”

Max sighed as he brushed off the snow on the roof and sat letting his legs hang over the edge.

“I love her.”

“You are incapable of human love! This is sacrilegious, blasphemous! It’s against the rules of the universe, of his holiness!”

Max looked up at Michael incredulously.

“You forget that I know you Michael, that I know your sinful weaknesses. I remember pulling you out of more than a few messes in our many centuries together. Can you honestly sit and judge me. I have found real love. I understand this amazing thing that these humans have sacrificed everything for, have fought wars over, have given there lives for.”

Michael stood and started to pace back and forth kicking the mounds of snow out of his way with each frustrating step.

“We are not talking about me right now my friend. You are going down a road where there is no return from. Are you prepared to give up everything for her?”

Max gazed down at the people below and closed his eyes.

His sensitive heart left him open to feel everyone. He breathed in the love that was flowing from every direction. The love of mothers to their children, of husbands and wives, even the kindness of stranges to each other effected him. It filled his body with an indescribable feeling of euphoria.

Michael sat next to him pulling his tattered army jacket out of the snow.

“Look at you, you were made to give hope and spread the message of faith and forgiveness Gabriel. It’s who you are.”

Michael pointed down to the people below and sighed.

“They need you. Can you really turn your back on them?”

Max was silent as he contemplated Michael’s words.

He turned to speak to his friend but he was gone. Max smiled as he picked up the silver dagger that Michael had left behind.

Suddenly a loud scream jarred him out of his thoughts.

Within a second he was at her window but it was too late.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 5 12/10/08

Post by jake17 »

sarammlover
Natalie
destiny
Ping (miss you!)
Lena
darkmoon
roswell3035
Eve
angelina
Jan
gracia88 x2
clari

thank you so so much for the very sweet fb everyone! Sorry this took so long! :D

Chapter 6

As Max jumped through the window he looked frantically around for Liz. Seeing her coat on the floor he picked it up and held it to his face.

Closing his eyes he stood silently in the middle of the room.

A vision appeared before him that brought terror to his heart. With a speed not visible to the naked eye Max ran down the stairs to the landing of her apartment to find her curled in the corner.

Within seconds she was wrapped in his arms and secured close to his chest as he began to climb the stairs.

“You’re welcome.”

Looking down the landing he spotted Michael causually leaning up against the wall throwing a tennis ball up and down in his hand.

“What happened?”

“Those nasty humans who attacked her before came down to make sure she kept her mouth shut.”

“And you?”

Michael caught the ball in mid air and raised his hands up innocently.

“Did my job … nothing more. No human is any the wiser that I exist."

He pointed to the light fixture that was hanging from the ceiling. Magically it has been ripped from it’s wires and was sparking with live electricity.

"A little shock was all they needed to send them running. It hit them a little too close for comfort I think.”

Michael pointed to his groin and smiled.

“See I am inventive. Think with my head … follow the rules. You could learn a thing or two from me.”

Max held her close kissing the top of her head.

“Thank you.”

“Just use your head Max, you’ve done a lot of good in this world. Do you really want to throw it all away on this human?”

“I lo-

“love her … so you’ve told me. One thing though how does she feel about you?”

“What?”

“Well you’re willing to give up your mission, you work that the all knowing heavenly god has appointed you to do. You're willing to sacrifice your immortal soul for her but have you even stopped to ask her how she feels about you?”

Max looked down pulling her even close.

“Just a thought. See ya around Gabriel.”

With that he was gone.

Max reached down forgetting to give him his sword but found it was already gone. If Michael was anything he was fast and cunning.

As he walked in her apartment he began to turn off all the lights before lying her in her bed.

Kneeling by her bedside he lit a candle so she wouldn’t awake in complete darkness.

“I do.”

Max looked over at her in shock still thinking she was asleep. She was sitting up against he headboard staring at him almost trying to study him.

“You do?”

“Love you.”

His husky voice grew quiet as he shyly glared at the floor.

“You heard.”

“Lie next to me Max. Please just hold me.”

A strange uneasy feeling ripped through him as he removed his long black coat and heavy boots.

Liz sighed as she rested her head on his chest and wrapped her arms around him.

Her hands began to drift under his black tee shirt caressing the hard muscles that covered his stomach.

His eyes grew wide as she lifted her bare leg to rest over his thigh.

He felt a strange stirring deep inside him, an indescribable ache that was growing quickly within him.

He began to feel his body change … harden as his skin burned with the heat of a thousand flames.

Suddenly he sat up in embarrassment, confusion filled his brilliant mind as a desire he had never felt before seemed to consume him.

Liz sat up behind him and places her hands around his chest.

Quietly she whispered against his back soothing words to calm him.

“Max it’s ok. This is normal.”

“Why is my body reacting this way? Why am I feeling this…this..

“Need?”

“Need.” He rasped as he touched her hands that stretched across his body.

Slowly Liz climbed off the bed to face him.

He looked at her with such innocence such pure love it almost made her cry.

“Max I love you and I want you to... make love to me.”

“Make love.”

Max repeated the words as if it was a foreign concept totally new and unfamiliar to him.

She took his hands and put them around her waist as she walked closer to him.

Max was shaking now his breathing was uneven and heavy as he rested his head against her stomach.

“But I’ve never…I don’t know how.”

Liz ran her fingers over his soft full lips and smiled down at him.

“I’ll teach you Max.”

Raising her nightgown over her head Liz stood before him nude and blushing.

Max leaned back and gazed up at her unable to move or speak.

She leaned down staring at him through her long dark eyelashes.

“Take off your shirt Max.”

Max blinked several times at the goddess standing before him and nodded obeying her wish.

She gasped as he revealed his golden skin and sculptured muscular physique.

Her lips parted as he stood flushed and panting in front of her.

With a gentle touch he brushed his fingers over her shoulder drinking every inch of her in as she stood before him quivering under his heated gaze.

He licked his lips and futher explored her trembling flesh causing her to lean into his caressing hand.

She gasped as his soft fingertips smoothed over her collarbone and downward coming closer to her firm breasts that moved with ever ragged breath she took.

"You are more beautiful than Venus herself."

"Max."
Last edited by jake17 on Mon Feb 23, 2009 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 7 5/14/09

Post by jake17 »

Jan
darkmoon
Lena
garcia88
clash868
destiny
keepsmiling
Natalie
Roswell3035
angelina

Seriously thank you for your amazing fb. Chaz you crack me up :D I am so sorry this took so long.

Chapter 7

“You are…so – "

Shying in head away from her he walked towards the window and gazed at the moon high in night sky.

“Max what’s wrong?”

Slowly she walked up behind him and gently touched his back sending waves of warmth through his body.

“I-I can’t do this…you need a man. I am but a servant of god. I know nothing of love or …making love.”

Liz shook her head and sighed as she moved closer to him and rested her head against his strong back.

Max shut his eyes as her body formed against his.

“You know more about love then any man I have ever known.”

His hands curled into fists as he felt her breasts pressing firmly into his body.

“The way you have protected me, cared for me. I have never felt more loved.”

Max leaned forward trying hard to hold on to his faltering control as she slid her hands around his waist.

Her touch was like fire, pushing pulling igniting something deep inside him.

“Please look at me Max.”

Swallowing hard he slowly turned towards her as his chest rose and fell from his ragged deep breaths.

Taking his hand she placed it over her heart.

His insecure worried gaze turned to wonder as he felt the pounding rapid beating rhythm.

“It’s so fast.”

“It’s beating for you …for your touch. I have the same… need Max.”

She let out a soft moan as she guided his hand over her breast.

His body tensed as his fingers grazed softly over her.

“So soft… your skin… it’s like silk.”

With loving curiosity he moved his thumb over her as he caressed her gently. His lips fell apart as he felt her harden magically under his tender strokes.

Liz moaned louder and leaned into him.

Suddenly he released her and stepped away.

He voice was barely heard as shame covered his handsome face.

“I am so sorry.”

Confused Liz stepped closer.

“For what?”

“I hurt you …I didn’t mean-

Liz led him to the bed and pressed her body against him once more. She rose on her toes and whispered in his ear.

“You didn’t hurt me Max... you could never hurt me.”

Lowering her mouth to his neck she began to kiss him. Her fingertips glided over his shoulders and over his smooth chest as she sought out his lips.

A fury of passion and want ripped through her as her hands swept over the defined ridges of his stomach.

More forcefully then she intended she captured his mouth as her fingers dipped inside his pants.

“Liz.”

Not giving him a chance to shy away again she brushed her tongue against his and unbuttoned his jeans.

Instinctively his hands laced threw her wavy dark hair as he tilted her head back deepening their kiss.

With great urgency she pushed his clothes down past his muscular thighs and broke away from his mouth.

Stepping out of his clothes he watched as she lay down on the bed and held her hand out to him.

Lying on his side his brushed a stray hair from her pink lips and whispered softly to her.

“Tell me what to do… how to please you.”

Taking his hand she rested it between her legs and let go.

“Touch me Max …please.”

He watched her eyes intently amazed every time she would gasp and shudder under his exploration of her.

Liz reached behind her grabbing the headboard and cried out as he lowered his mouth to her trembling breast.

His movements were so careful so tender and slow, it was sheer torture for Liz.

Rising above her he lowered his body hovering just above her.

With innocence and a new understanding he whispered to her in a breathless husky deep voice.

“This is love …I love you.”

Wrapping her legs around his waist she eased him inside her watching as his eyes closed then opened wide.

Nature took over as his need became too impossible to control.

Over and over again he moaned her name as his mouth pressed against her neck and his powerful body drove insided her.

Tears welled in his eyes as he felt the connection that only two people truly in love experience.

~~~~~

He laid for hours holding her tight afterwards refusing to let her go even for one second.

As morning broke the sun lit up the room slowly waking her.

When she opened her eyes she saw him sitting on the floor fully dressed except for his black coat that he was clutching close to his chest.

“Max what is it? What’s wrong?”

Crushing loss filled his once childlike eyes.

“I-I fell asleep.”

His voice was full of pain as he helplessly looked up at her.

Liz smiled with relief.

“That is completely normal."

“Not for me it isn’t… I don’t sleep …ever.”

“Max?”

With great effort he stumbled to his feet and pulled his coat over his weary body.

“Max you’re scaring me.”

A low raspy tone full of anguish and sorrow escaped his lips.

“The light …the light inside me …the light that always guided and protected me …it’s gone.”

“He’s gone.”

Liz’s hand covered her mouth when she saw blood in the spot where he was sitting.

“Your wings …are they-

He nodded slowly wiping the tears from his face.

“Why Max? Why did this happen?”

“I have to go …I need to think…I’m sorry.”

“Please wait …what does this mean? Are you-“

With his head lowered he paused before walking slowly out the door.

“Mortal.”

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 8 6/27/09

Post by jake17 »

Caroyln:I think you know with each amazing fb you leave me you inspire me to keep writing, how can I possibly thank you for that? You really are a gift! :D
destiny:"painful and beautiful" destiny you always know exactly what to say!! thank you so so much!!
garcia88: wow kris :oops: thank you so much for that fb!! you really just made my day :) :D
darkmoon:Looky d. on the dreamer board again :wink: we don't have cookies so I know you must really love me d. :lol: kiss Seki for me! :D
angelina: Hi sweetie! thank you for thinking that was "sweet & hot" its what I was trying so hard for!
JusTaGirl : wow! Im so happy you like this so much!! thank you so much for letting me know!! :D
Jan: :lol: Jan your fb makes me so happy, you just can't imagine! I think ur an angel :wink:
roswell3053: I think he's going to have a rough time for awhile! thank you so much for being here! :D
crashandBurn8321: thank you for missing this! sorry I took so long updating! :oops:
Dreamers_fan_believe: Thanks for wondering! Hope you like this update! :D

Wow huge thank you to for all your extremely sweet fb! You have no idea how much I appreciate it! :D

Chapter 8.

Max stumbled aimlessly threw the empty streets of the city as feelings so unfamiliar to him kept forcing their way to the surface.

Hunger loneliness fear each emotion was more powerful then the next leaving him confused and disoriented.

The peaceful serenity that consistently flowed threw him was but a memory leaving in it’s place paralyzing insecurity and pain.

He kept his head down as he walked the deserted filthy streets past the over grown park.

Rising high into the air against the bitter winter wind were broken swings that swirled around looking as lost as he did. Condemned graffiti covered boarded up buildings rose high above his head as continued on.

The world looked completely different to him now. He wondered how people found the strength to keep going, he had to keep looking for him, he had to feel that love that god had embraced upon his soul.

Don’t stop moving Gabriel …keep going

He was afraid that he stopped this would all become real, that if he took even a second to rest this horror would be his reality forever. Over and over again he felt the relentless sting of betrayal ripping threw his anguished heart.

Shivering he pulled his black coat tightly around his aching cold body.

For the first time in his life he felt completely vulnerable alone lost.

Disoriented he walked along a particular dangerous part of the block. Having never to worry about such things he looked past the warning signs that most humans would have noticed.

The snow that was falling down around him turned into an icy rain that hit his tender sensitive skin like a million sharp needles pricking his face and hands.

Lifting up the collar of his coat he attempted to sink under the protection of the thick material when suddenly he heard heavy footsteps behind him.

He kept his eyes locked on the many cracks and holes in the broken sidewalk as he continued down the dark alley.

Still the footsteps continued only now they had multiplied.

Max was barely aware of the two people that were walking with increased speed behind him.

Flashes of his past obscured his vision. Pictures of Liz’s face smiling back at him, the memory of a woman who he sat vigilantly threw the night soothing her pain after the loss of her husband.

He squeezed his eyes shut lost as to what his purpose would be know, morning the fact that his mission of helping people was lost to him forever.

Who was he if not the savior of destitute and faithless people who needed him. The strong and loving Arc Angel of hope, the mighty Gabriel was nothing more than a useless scared human being.

A black numbness took over his once light beautiful innocent heart as he walked on wandering in the darkness.

Just then the toe of his heavy boots hit a chain-linked fence that blocked the end of the alley.

Sighing he realized that he had been walking for hours. He had no idea where he was or how to find his way back to Liz.

“Liz.”

Just saying her name was such a comfort for him. He knew he had to find her, he needed to feel her arms around him.. He knew she could ease the horrible foreign emotions that he was so ill equipped to handle.

He reached out to the ice-cold fence and gripped the metal with his fingers. Leaning forward he rested his exhausted body into the freezing unforgiving wind and rain.

“God why have you forsaken me… I’m sorry dear lord ….I am so sorry.”

Falling to his knees his fingers clung to the fence as he desperately waited for the voice of the heavenly father to fill his heart.

“Well look at what we have here.”

Shaking with insurmountable fear that was so alien to him he slowly turned around only to see the very same two men that attacked Liz

“Funny Hal he don’t look so tough now does he?”

Max raised his tearful golden eyes up to the angry faces that looked down upon him with vengeance in their hearts.

“Hey dick head no names unless you think you can handle a murder rap along with the rest of the warrants on your ass.”

“Don’t worry after what I have planned for our hero I don’t think his memory ain’t gonna be so good.”

Max pleaded for his life as his hands slipped from the fence and closed together as he prayed for protection.

Both men laughed as Max closed his eyes and pressed his raw hands tightly into each other.

“Enough of this bullshit! Get him before someone comes along!”

The tall lanky one struck first kicking Max in the gut sending him falling over flat on his back.

Max grunted in agony feeling real pain for the first time in his life.

“Please stop…please.”

For the next ten minutes Max endured countless punches and kicks to mostly every part of his body.

Leaving him for dead the fat bald one poured the rest of his whiskey over Max’s bloody battered body before running after his buddy back up the alley and disappearing down the street.

For what seemed like an eternity Max laid against the rough gravel surrounded by garbage and dirty brown snow.

Slipping in and out of consciousness he thought he was hallucinating when he heard a familiar voice whisper to him in his ear.

"Try not to move Gabriel, just let me do all the work."

This was all he remembered before waking up in Liz’s bed.

His eyes were so swollen he could barely see as he looked around the dark room.

Slowly he pulled the covers from his body wincing from unimaginable pain with every move he made.

Somehow he managed to sit on the edge of her bed, he felt lightheaded and incredibly weak.

Just then he caught him image in Liz’s mirror that hung over her desk across the room.

He barely recognized himself. His face was a mess, bandages had been placed over the most severe cuts but he was swollen and badly bruised.

Bracing himself on the bed he attempted to stand but quickly fell to the floor.

Hearing him fall Liz came running in and rushed to his side.

“Max! What are you doing out of bed! Here let me help you.”

He just gazed up at her as if he was looking at the most beautiful star in the sky.

“I’m alright Liz.”

Kneeling in front of him Liz did her best to help him back into the bed.

Every movement was pure torture for him; it felt as if his bones were shards of glass piercing every part of his body.

Breathless from the pain he forced his hoarse voice to speak again.

“What happened? How did I get back here? I don’t remember.”

Liz sat on the side of the bed and tilted her head sympathetically down towards him while patting his forehead with a damp washcloth.

Her voice was soft and tentative. She was so afraid of upsetting him any further.

“A very kind stranger found you lying in the alley, he said you whispered my name to him. He carried you all the way here, Unfortantely he disappeared before I could thank him, I still don't know who he was. I'm just so grateful he came along Max. You could have died out there."

Michael saved me.

"You’ve been asleep for three days. You’re very badly hurt Max. Please just rest. I won’t leave. Maria is covering for me at the diner. I’m staying right by your side.”

Max nodded slowly and reached out his bandaged bloody hand to her.

He held his breath in pain realizing that he was useless to her now. He wouldn't be able to protect her, he may have even put her life at risk now.

“I know it hurts, most all your ribs have been broken, one came close to piercing your heart Max. Please you have to rest now. You have to let your body heal.”

Gently she wiped his brow and kissed him on the lips.

“I was so worried Max. I can’t imagine being in this world without you now. I wouldn’t want to be.”

Carefully she brushed his thick black hair from his tired eyes and pulled the blankets back over him.

“I’m going to make you something to eat, you need to get your strength back.”

Max followed her every movement as she smiled him and disappeared into the kitchen.

He closed his eyes after she was out of sight. An overwhelming crushing heaviness fell down upon his chest.

The burden of what he had done, the lives of the people he was supposed to have helped that would now have to struggle alone was unbearable for him.

Caught between the agony of knowing what his selfish actions had done and the pure unexplainable joy having Liz by his side, was utter torture.

He couldn’t live with the guilt, his heart was made for a single purpose, to love others and give them the hope that God is always with them.

But what was his purpose now.

He threw his gift away and for that he must be punished.

Max knew he had to leave.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) Chpt 9 8/16/09

Post by jake17 »

destiny
garcia88
darkmoon
Natalie
Caroyln
behr_able
Jan
roswell3053
kismet

thank you so much for your fb!!!! :D :D :D

Chapter 9.

Unable to say goodbye or even explain Max waited till Liz was in the shower before dressing and making his way to the kitchen.

Fully human now he was amazed at the obstacles that stood in his way.

He was hungry tired and sore. Burdened by the guilt that overwhelmed him he walked past the cabinets full of food and the left the only safe place he knew.

He felt as though he didn’t deserve Liz, he didn’t deserve the love she gave without judgment or condition.

He was a fallen angel, a deceiver of all that was good and holy in this world.

He knew that nothing could bring back the gift of his life that god had bestowed upon him.

It would be different if he were truly regretful for his choice, if he were remorseful for putting his own sinful lustful needs ahead of god's destiny for him but he wasn’t.

He knew deep in his heart that he wouldn’t give up one second of his time with Liz.

Lowering his head against the blustery cold snow he wondered what kind of beast that made him.

How selfish and weak he must be to be able to forsake his spiritual fate to lay in the arms of beautiful woman.

Falling to his knees from pure exhaustion and his painful wounds Max peered up at his destination threw his thick black hair that fell over his sensitive eyes.

The high steel bridge looked isolated and barren against the grey sky.

He gazed numbly over the icy waters that flowed below its metal cage.

Minnesota winters were cruel and unforgiving just like life he pondered as he rose to his feet and stumbled towards his ending.

He was amazed at how without god's love he lost all hope for life.

He remembered back when he was one of god’s children and laughed cynically at how naive and hopeful he was.

He always saw the good in people always believed that virtue and humanity would eventually out do all evil.

He saw beauty in everything around him.

Now he just saw destruction and pain.

As he made his way closer to the abandoned bridge he passed by homeless people huddled around barrels filled with fire.

Their faces lifeless and lost, where was god?

What is the point if human weakness and frailties destroy all that is good and pure.

He wondered for the first time if anything he did really mattered.

Knowing now what real pain was like he didn’t understand why the human race carried on.

Pulling his coat close around his neck he braced himself on the railing of the entrance of the bridge.

He couldn’t go on in this life and he couldn’t go back, there was no other choice.

Suicide was the worst sin imaginable for a human, but then again he wasn’t meant to be human he thought to himself.

He was meant to be the mighty Gabriel fighting alongside Michael the arc angel against all evil, helping people guiding the broken and beaten of humanity.

He thought back to the many warnings that his friend attempted to give him and how each time all he could think of was her.

Holding her, kissing her, loving her.

Who knew the greatest gift ever given to a human would be his downfall.

With each torturous step on the iron road he thought about her.

Her memory was all he had left.

A beautiful perfect warm vision of love that he was too weak to turn away.

Frozen tears filled his blood shot eyes as he rested his frayed boot onto the railing.

Grasping the pole in front of him he fought back the agonizing pain and pulled the rest of his body up so he was standing over his watery grave below.

Slowly he closed his eyes as the wind whipped his hair straight back and flew open his black coat blowing it roughly against the freezing winds.

“Dear lord I beg your forgiveness, I was your humble servant and now I am but a worthless body. Do with me as you desire, banish me from your glorious kingdom. Just please do not punish Elizabeth, taker her under your magnificent hand and protect her for she is an innocent in all of this. My sins are my own she is truly made of your grace and deserves to be happy.”

Bowing his head he took a deep breath and let his fingers slip from the bitter cold metal.

Relief filled his broken heart as he felt his body fall into the wintry air.

The end was near; his pain would be over soon.

Suddenly blackness came over him and then there was nothing.

In the darkness he could hear the far off echo of sirens and a familiar voice calling his name.

The sounds became louder and louder until the voice was whispering in his ear.

“Max! Please come back to me.”

Unable to answer or even open his eyes the voice began to fade away until it was once again silent and black.

`~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Any change?”

“No nothing.”

“Dear why don’t you go home and get some sleep, we’ll call you if anything happens.”

“No, I’m not leaving him. I’m fine just stiff from being in this chair for so long.”

“Ms. Parker it’s been five days there’s on telling when or if he will ever come out of the coma.”

”He’ll wake up, and I need to be here when he does.”

The voices danced softly in his mind like when you fall asleep with the television on.

You’re aware of the sound but the words mean nothing to you.

He wondered if he was in hell.

If being in hell was being teased with the thing you want most but can never have again.

Even though the sound of her voice was soothing it was torture not to be able to see or touch her.

He felt trapped forever kept from the only woman he had ever loved.

“Nurse is his hand moving?”

“Stay with him, I’ll get the doctor. Talk to him; try to get him to open his eyes. I’ll be right back.”

For the first time he felt her soft hand squeezing his fingers tightly.

Please Lord do not let the devil torment me so mercilessly.

He would not let himself believe that it was truly her, but the malevolent doings of hell meant to punish him over and over again.

“Max please wake up! Please just try to open your eyes! I’m here, it’s Liz and I’m right here!”

Confusion filled his mind as he felt the sting of the bright lights above his head pierce that slits of his eyes.

“Max! Max just breath easy you're in a hospital, you're ok, you're going to be ok.”

Picking up his heavy dizzy head Max widened his eyes as Liz became to materialize before him.

He opened his dry mouth to speak but began coughing as pain ripped through his chest.

“You took in a lot of water Max, your lung collapsed in the fall you have to calm down. You’re safe now.”

A hoarse low sound came from his cracked lips as he gazed up at her in disbief.

“I love you.”

“I love you.”

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry I left you.”

Tears fell down her face as she was quickly moved aside and the doctors began testing him.

“Sir you need to calm down your blood pressure is too high. You’re going to be fine.”

Liz collapsed into Maria’s arms in tremendous relief.

“I knew he would wake up. I knew he would come back to me.”

“Liz! Liz where are you!”

Hearing his desperate voice she pushed one of the nurses aside and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

“I’m here Max and I love you.”

“I love you.”

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Heart of an Angel (M/L,AU,Adult) complete 9/22/09

Post by jake17 »

darkmoon
carolyn
destiny
garcia88
behr_able
Natalie
Jan

Thank you so much for everyone who left me such amazing fb throughout this story! And yes Jan :wink: I am ending all of these fics because i'm very excited to start my new story
"Sacred Vows" I hope to update this one several times a week.

Thanks again for sticking with this story, I hope so much you like the ending :)

Chapter 10.

After waiting for the nurses to leave Max raised his weak hand out towards Liz.

Rushing towards his side Liz bent over so she could hear his faint voice.

“What is it Max? Are you cold? What do you need?”

Max gently touched her cheek stroking it with his thumb tenderly as if trying to imprint her imagine into his mind.

“You need to get me out of here.”

Liz widened her eyes and shook her head swiftly.

“Max you’re body is too fragile you can’t leave the hospital, you barely made it back to me.”

Pleading with his warm golden eyes Max touched her lips and smiled hoping she could grasp what he so desperately needed her to understand.

“Liz I must talk to him, I must find the answers to what has happened to me, I must know why god has abandoned me.”

“B-But how Max…where do you want me to take you?”

Struggling to breath against the sharp pain that ripped inside his chest Max licked his dry lips and pointed towards the window.

“There’s a church just outside of the city. It’s where I would go when I needed to feel his presence. Please Liz you have to take me, I’ll never get there on my own.”

Looking around at the glass windows of the intensive care unit Liz was lost on how she was going to get him past the doctors and nurses.

Then she spotted Maria and her cousin Kyle drinking coffee in the hallway.

Grasping his hands tightly Liz brushed his dark hair from his eyes and kissed him softly.

“Are you sure you need to do this? I mean Max your life could be at stake.”

“It’s not my life I’m concerned about Liz … it’s my soul. Please help me.”

Nodding Liz took notice of all the monitors and machines he was hooked up to that would alert the staff if they were suddenly disconnected.

“Max I’ll be right back, I have an idea.”

Casually she walked into the hallway and pulled Maria and Kyle into the waiting room.

After a few minutes all three of them returned with a bag containing Kyle’s clothes. Liz waited for the nurses shift change before closing the blinds to the room.

“Ok Max we only have a few minutes to pull this off. We have to move fast if we’re going to get you by everyone.”

Max looked up at Kyle and back at Maria.

“No worries Max this is Kyle he’s more Buddha then Christian but he’ll do anything you ask. “

Kyle reached out to touch him as if he was witnessing a miracle.

“It’s truly an honor.”

“So you know about me Maria?”

Liz returned just in time to get a questionable look from Max.

“You can be upset with me later, I had to tell them, I needed help. Now come on we have to hurry.”

Kyle quickly removed his coat that revealed the hospital gown he had changed into earlier.

“Maria are you sure you know what your doing?”

Maria waved everyone aside and reached down at the clip that was on Max’s thumb.

“I watched the nurses do this all the time with my grandmother, piece of cake. Now Kyle lie down next to Max.”

Without skipping a beat Maria managed to replace the clip from Max’s thumb along with the pads that had been applied to his chest onto Kyle.

They all stared at the monitor with relief when all the alarms remained silent.

“I told you I could do it! Hey does helping an angel squash some of my sins cause-

“Maria please not now. I have to get him out of here.”

Carefully Liz opened the bag and helped Max into Kyle’s clothes. Reaching into the closet she pulled out his boots and long black coat raising the lapels to hide his face as much as possible.

Max was so weak he was barely able to walk. Even with most his weight on Liz it took all the energy he had not to collapse.

Once in the elevator he leaned against the railing inside and rested his head against the wall praying to god for strength.

Both breathless and scared they watched as the numbers descended.

“Liz, I don’t know how to thank you for everything you’ve done for me.”

“Max you saved my life. I just hope I’m not ending yours by doing this.”

Taking her hand in his he whispered as he gasped for air.

“You have to trust me Liz. I have to do this.”

As the doors opened Liz wrapped his arm around her shoulder and the two limped toward the street.

“I would do anything for you Max. That’s what love is all about. Caring more for the other person then you do yourself.”

Liz smiled as she raised her hand in the air signaling for a cab

Once inside Max took a shallow breath and gripped Liz’s hand harder. It was clear to them both that he was quickly fading.

“1368 Parker Street, Saint Mary’s church, and please hurry!”

As the colors of the night blurred by his half opened eyes Max prayed that he would be able to find redemption for his soul, that God would forgive him for turning his back on everything he had been given.

Devotedly Liz stroked his hair and held his face against her body whispering words of love and gratitude for everything he had done for her.

“I love you Max.”

Whispering softly Max mouth the words back to her. Even though he hated himself for his sins he knew deep in his heart that loving Liz was something he could never regret. She meant everything to him and he would never let the memory of the time they shared fade. He would gladly pay whatever price was to come for loving her.

“I love you Elizabeth.”

Tears fell from her eyes as the feeling of emptiness filled her, she knew that one way or another she would be loosing him forever.

After watching the cab drive away they gazed up at the more than thirty steps that led to the large double wooden carved doors of the ancient church.

“Max how are we going to get you up there? You can hardly breathe.”

“Close your eyes Elizabeth.”

Liz stiffened as a much deeper rougher voice spoke clear in her ear.

Her blood ran cold with fear hearing the strong commanding tone so close.

Just then Max fell to his knees, his large hands sinking into the snow.

“You’re scaring her.”

“Max! Are you ok!”

Raising his hand in the air towards her he nodded in pain.

“Woman I am here to help, close your eyes there isn’t much time.”

Knowing she could no longer help him she covered her eyes for a moment.

“This is insane! Who are you?”

After a few seconds she pulled her hands from her face to see Max slumped over against the large doors of the church.

“What?”

Looking quickly around she saw no one and ran as fast as she could.

Max was shaking and gasping unable to move from the intense pain coming from his chest.

“This is crazy Max, we have to get you back to the hospital! I can’t watch you die!”

Slowly he shook his head “no” and rested his palm on the cross that was etched under the handle of the door.

Mouthing the words “please” he looked up at her threw his long dark eyes lashes silently begging her to help him.

Now openly crying Liz pushed open the large doors and was blow away by what she saw.

It was the most beautiful church she had ever seen. Every piece of wood was engraved with flowers. Large marble statues of saints and angels stood before large majestic stained glass windows that depicted the stories of the bible.

Candles burned bright all around the corners at the alter as if some important service was about to start.

High above everything was a large mahogany cross with Jesus looking down on everything.

Max whispered cracked voice echoed in desperation as he held his hand out to her.

“Hurry.”

With all her strength she lifted him to his shaky feet and together they slowly made their way to the alter where he finally collapse exhausted and barely breathing.

Sobbing she knelt down to him and held his face in her hands.

“Max you’re here, you made it! Talk to him, do what you came here to do so you can be saved!”

In her horror Liz watched as his gentle eyes closed for the last time.

“No! Max! No not now! We made it! You did it! Please wake up! You have to wake up now!”

Falling to the ground she placed her hand over his heart realizing that he was gone.

Liz stayed for hours holding him and cursing God for taking him away from her until she finally passed out from unimaginable grief.

In the morning Father John opened the doors letting in the bright sunlight that startled her awake.

Lifting her head she looked down to find that Max was gone. The only evidence of him was the long black coat that she was still clutching in her hands.

Gabriel was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
For months she would lie awake in bed her thoughts only of him. She prayed that he received the forgiveness that he so desperately needed.

It was almost three months before Liz was able to get out of bed. The pain of loosing Max was something she knew she would never get over.

Life seemed meaningless to her as she went back to her daily life of work and the occasional dinner or movie with friends.

Then one night after a particular long shift at the diner Liz went home with the intention of taking a hot bath and going to bed early, .

As she climbed her stairs she noticed a young man fumbling with several boxes that were stacked high in his arms.

“Shit!”

Liz laughed as she looked up at the landing watching as the man juggled the boxes in his hands.

Running to the top of the steps to the door opposite hers she caught one of the boxes as it fell from the top of the heap.

“Damn it!”

Grasping the large box in her hands Liz looked up at the stranger whose face was now revealed.

Her eyes widened in disbelief as she lost her footing. Dropping his cartons he reached for her hand just in time before falling down the stairs.

Unfortunately in doing so he tripped over the packages and fell on his back with Liz on top of him.

Laughing he looked down to see that he was still holding her hand.

“Well this is awkward, I wanted to show up at your door with a bottle of wine but now that you know me for the klutz I am what chance do I have now?”

Stunned Liz found herself gazing down at the same warm sensitive amber eyes that she never thought she’d see again.

Shaking the hand that he was already holding he smiled brightly at her.

“Sorry I should introduce myself. I’m your new neighbor Gabriel. I've seen you around but I haven't had the chance to introduce myself.”

Her voice cracked as he helped her up and dusted her coat off.

“Gabriel?”

“Well actually my friends call me Gabe. Do I know you from somewhere? Maybe we met in college? You look so familiar.”

Liz tried hard to keep her composure as she gazed up at the angel that was now a man. A man who had no idea who she was.”

“Umm no I don’t think so.”

Running his hand threw his black hair he looked down at the pile of boxes on the floor and into his bare apartment.

“Well it’s looks like I’m not going to be getting much done tonight. Would you like to join me for some take out? We’re in luck the kitchen table is the only thing the movers managed to deliver on time.“

Liz was speechless as she stared up at his handsome face.

“Look at it this way, if you find yourself having a horrible time you don’t have far to go.”

Liz laughed and nodded still unable to take her eyes off him as she followed him in his apartment.

Completely caught up in the moment they both failed to notice the figure standing at the bottom of the stairs.

Cleaning his fingernails with his sharp dagger the angel quietly chuckled as he peered up at the couple that was destined to fall in love.

“Good luck my friend. I’ll be keeping my eye on you.”

In the end it wasn’t God who punished Gabriel but Gabriel himself that let guilt and shame destroy his gifts. The torment he felt tore away at the purity of his wings and the power to heal. He learned only threw death that God does not seek vengeance or punishment for our mistakes; he is full of forgiveness and kindness. Gabriel understood this in his final moments and received the peace he so desperately needed.

Standing in the heavens healed and cloaked in the warmth of God’s presence he was given a choice.

Gabriel chose love.

~ the end~