Resurrection M/L Mature Pt 27 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Thank you all four your feedback, it makes my day! I love it! Thankies!

Enjoy!

Part 20

“So, I have a surprise for you.”

“Really?”

I twirl my hair around my finger, a smile lingering on my face.

“Yup. You should come over to my place tonight after work. I’ll be ready at about seven?”

He laughs.

“You’ll be home that early? If there’s one thing I know about you, Liz Parker, it’s that you’re a workaholic. When’s the last time you were home before seven?”

I sigh.

“Max, I like my job. And it’s not like you’re ever home early. Aren’t you always in the office later than me?”

He sighs in return.

“Look, I’ll see you at seven. I don’t want to fight.”

“Me neither.”

The smile has faded.

“Gotta go. Bye.”

“Bye.”

I hang up before I can hear the faint whisper of an “I love you.”

*~*~*~*~*

My dress clings to my form, showing off my small curves. The vibrant shade of red shows off my faint tan as I sit under the lighting fixture in my dinning area.

The door opens and I look up, smiling.

Seven o’clock on the dot.

His eyes light up when he sees me, and hands me the bouquet of flowers. They’re beautiful. Pink, white, red, mixed colored roses, baby’s breath, carnations, tiger lilies. Exquisite.

He ducks his head shyly.

“I wasn’t sure what you liked.” He hands them to me, making eye contact for the first time tonight. “You look beautiful.”

I smile, sniffing the roses delicately.

“Thank you.”

Slowly, he takes the flowers out of my hands and places them on the table behind us. “I’ve been wanting to do something all day.” He whispers as his face inches closer to mine.

“And what would that be?”

Warm breath tickles my face gently as he pauses only inches from my lips.

“This.”

And then our lips meet.

It’s familiar, kissing him. And in this moment, it seems like all our problems are gone. Like all the time we spent apart has disappeared, and we’re still this young, happy, if volatile, couple.

But we’re not. Time has passed, and we’ve changed.

And that’s what this night is about.

I pull away, lips tingling from where they had been pressed up against him. Wiping at my lip gloss, I smile.

“Thanks.”

He smiles, dazed, before shaking the fog out of his head.

“I have a surprise for you, too.”

I squeal happily.

Cause five years later or not, I still like presents.

“My grand gesture?”

He nods.

“Give me! Give me!”

He laughs and wraps his arms around me. “Not yet, honey. You wanted me here for a reason.”

I laugh.

“It can wait. Gimme!”

Gently, he smoothes a strand of my hair behind my ear. I shiver in response, and a graceful smile covers his face as he takes my hand in his.

“Let’s go.”

*~*~*~*

“Can I take the blindfold off?”

“No. Not yet.”

I sit quietly for a moment in his fast car. His midlife crisis car, as I call it.

“How ‘bout now?”

The car comes to a sudden stop and I fly forward.

“Uh…ok.”

He gently removes the blindfold from my head and jumps out of the car. I sit there silently, not really sure of what’s going on.

See, we’re sitting on a residential street.

What’s so special about this?

It’s not his street. It’s not a street with big extravagant homes. It’s a nice neighborhood. Sweet homes, like the ones we grew up in.

Max opens the door for me and takes my hand, helping me out of the low car.

“I don’t understand.” I tell him as we stand on the sidewalk.

“This, Liz,” he gestures to the house in front of us, “is my grand gesture.”

“I don’t understand.” I repeat, staring at the one story house in front of us. It’s a tan house with white trim, a two car garage, and rose bushes in the yard. The grass is trimmed neatly, the paint fresh and welcoming.

He turns to look me in the eyes, warm hands cupping my face.

“When I left five years ago, I made myself a promise, that someday I would take care of you.”

I shake my head.

“I still don’t understand, Max. What? What is this? What are you trying to say?”

He sighs.

“I’m trying to say, I love you, Liz Parker. Always have, always will. I know we have a long way to go before we’re deeply committed, before we really know everything about each other, but this is my promise to YOU. I WILL take care of you. I will support you in everything that you do.”

I shake my head again.

“I can do that myself, Max. I don’t need your money.”

He laughs.

“I know. I know you can support yourself very well. And I admire that. I’m not trying to buy you. I bought a house. For us. The apartment is too small for you. I won’t move in until you want me to, until we’re ready for that. But I want to take care of you. Stop paying rent and live here. Use that money to start up your own film company. I know that’s what you’ve always wanted. Please, let me help you make your dreams come true.”

A small smile escapes my lips.

“I love you, too. Max.”

My arms wrap around him tightly.

“Thank you.” I murmur softly against his chest.

“Thank you.” He repeats against my hair.

We stand there for minutes, basking in the warmth of forgiveness.
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Thanks for the fb,

candycane14
BehrObsession
Emz80m
begonia9508
sprayadhesive

Just decided to write a quick part in 10 minutes. Here it is.

Part 21

“This has been a perfect night.”

I lean farther into Max’s embrace and nod.

“A new house that I get to move into tomorrow. And ice cream.”

Max pouts.

“What about me? Don’t I tie into this perfect night?”

I turn in his arms and kiss him gently. “Of course. You did give me the house, and I AM sharing ice cream with you, aren’t I?”

“Speaking of ice cream,” his eyes twinkle mischievously, “I ate too much! I feel sick!” He whimpers, throwing his head back and rubbing his poor little tummy. I laugh.

*~*~*~*~*

“Wow, chica. I can’t believe he did this for you.”

Maria stands in the doorway of my new house, watching as I struggle to move the white suede couch. The thing isn’t moving, and all Maria can do is stand in the fuckin’ doorway with her hands on her designer jeans.

“I am going to hurt you if you don’t come help me.” I grunt, still throwing my body weight towards the mountainous couch.

“I’m wearing heels.”

“So take them off!”

“My feet will get dirty!”

“Wear a pair of my shoes.”

“Your shoes are too small.”

“You’re a pain in the ass, Maria.”

She nods. It is common knowledge after all.

Just then, the impossible happens. Michael Guerin walks through my doorway. Maria smiles. I smile as he throws a smile in my direction.

I smile a lot more when he finally moves the damn couch for me.

*~*~*~*

“Hey, baby, I just wanted to call and let you know I miss you. I’ve been thinking about you ever since I stepped onto that plane. I’ll be home soon. Don’t miss me too much. Love ya, Parker.”

I smile as Max’s voice rings out of my answering machine.

Have I mentioned that life is good, again? Cause it is.
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

I've decided to try something different, every day I'll post a new part. It'll be short, because I'm seeing what I can write in 10-15 minutes. Cause I can stay on track for that short amount of time.

Spray, why on earth did you find that part ominous? i found it completely sweet and healthy. ;)
Laira, hmm...probably shouldn't have told her not to give me ideas, cause that did. yay angst! *laughs*
Blink1lit, thanks! here's more! and soon!
begonia9508, thanks! moving is stressful. i'm looking forward to it though. i want my own house!
Emz80m, thanks. i would say "just like me" but i'm not short, so... *shrugs*
rowedog, whoo! this story brought you out of lurkerville for a second! yay! my job is done! don't be a stranger now, you hear?
Erina, don't let them scare you! they're harmless, mostly. thanks!

And if there are any Lurkers out there, hi! Come say hello!

Part 22

I wake in the morning to beautiful pink roses on my bedside table. Max called from Australia and had them delivered to me yesterday. It’s things like that that make me think maybe we’ll get our happily ever after this time. Just maybe, this is something worth holding on to.

Strangely, that thrills me.

Smiling, I stretch in the warm comfortable bed. The open window allows a chilly breeze to enter the room and I shiver.

You know, I probably wouldn’t be shivering if I had a hot stud in the bed to keep me warm. The smile grows exponentially as I think about Max. He was hot at nineteen, but he definitely looks like he’s been working out for the past five years.

I just might have to find out how much he’s changed.

With that fun thought, I stretch once more before jerking back the covers and welcoming the cold, cold world.

Isn’t California supposed to be warm?

*~*~*~*

The ads are spread out over the table as I thumb through them. They’re full of professional quality camcorders, all of which want to be bought by me.

See, I’ve decided on something. I’m going to make my own movies again. I want to have that in my life again.

The television whispers quietly in the house, sound bouncing off the empty walls, the hardwood floors. I think it’s time for me to go shopping for new home furnishings. With the apartment, I decided less is more. But that idea just doesn’t work with this house. It’s too special.

“Flight inspectors continue to search for missing Oceanic Flight 815. The plane, which left Sydney, Australia yesterday, was due to land in Los Angeles at noon today. Oceanic released a press release early today, stating that the plane was blown off course somewhere near Fiji. All communication with the plane was lost approximately half way through the flight-”

I jerk my head up and stare at the box, with the woman with unnaturally perfect hair staring straight at me.

Did she just say Oceanic Flight 815?

She couldn’t have.

Not possible.

No.

Not at all.

I could not finally have everything in my life, only to have it completely disappear.

That’s just completely unacceptable.

I jump off the stool and run to the refrigerator, staring hard at the note that’s been there for almost a week.

“Liz- Flight home: Oceanic Flight 815, arrives noon on Sunday. See you at the airport. <3 Max”

My attention slowly returns to the TV.

“Search teams continue to search for the missing plane, with hopes of finding the 105 passengers onboard.”
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Okay, I'm a day late. Sorry, sweeties.

Caroline, I wouldn't be that cruel? Oh...trust me...I can be. Hmm...I might be tempted to bring him back safe and sound, and trust me, he won't be anyone's Charlie, unless Liz is his Claire. Enjoy!
Smac, Yes! Blame Spray! She made me do it! If she hadn't said anything, this story would be complete and fluffy!
Erina, personally, I don't think I'll ever write a big event as a dream because I don't think it's fair. It's like taking the readers or watchers or whatever on a rollercoaster and they find out it was all fake and feel...mislead or something. I know I wouldn't have like Katims much if he made a whole season or plot line a dream. I'd feel cheated. So I won't do that in my stuff, movies or writing.
Spray, It's all your fault, baby. *laughs* I'm glad you love it and have faith. Cause it'll end up ok. Now, GO GET THOSE BUNNIES!!!
rowedog, have no fear! Liz shall never marry Eric! Yech. Your dreamer heart shall suffer no atrocities by my writing!
Laira, that's right, hon, it's all Spray's fault.
Michelle, what fun would an island without Others be? Aren't they creepy and so exciting? I'm so excited the show comes back! Anywho...Nope, not a dream. And yes, I know what's good for me. So read! Santa gave me pretty presents! He thinks I'm a good girl. Don't give him any ideas!
Candycane14, same to you! Read and be merry! Kinda. Well...you should always be merry, but this part is "merry" persay, but still! You get the point.
Orange, Your name is Alli, right? I thought I read that, but I get everyone confused. Even at work. I put them in a room and when they come back out half an hour later I have no idea who they are. And yes, I do suck. *laughs* Says the woman who put Liz and Alex in a car accident before Alex and Iz's date.
Nirvana, Nope. No Max=Charlie storyline for me. It'd kinda be betrayal. But it'll get better.
bigears, definetly! New year new chapter. I'm starting the new year a little late. It's just NOW starting to look like it might be a good one.
Alien614, I promise you Max survived! Hope you enjoy this new part.

and to any Lurkers, Thanks for reading!

Now, everyone, ENJOY!! Love ya all.

Part 23

Maria’s arm is wrapped around me tightly; holding me as I sob onto her shoulder.

He’s gone.

He’s really gone.

Maria shakes me suddenly and the tears cease.

“What am I going to do?” I ask her quietly.

She smiles sadly. “You’ll live. Like you did when he wasn’t around.”

The tears start again.

“I wasn’t living when he was gone!”

I can’t believe this.

*~*~*~*

The church is quiet as we enter. Someone hands me a candle and lights it quickly. The light of God is with me, she tells me as I stare at the candle. All I want is Max back.

I’m ready to love him again.

I’m ready to give him everything I have in the pursuit of happiness.

I’m ready to embrace life.

But I want MAX by my side.

We sit quietly, listening to the diminutive chatter of those around us. We’re all here to pay our respects, to wish together for the safe return of those on the plane. Including Maxwell Evans.

I still can’t believe this.

*~*~*~*

I’m silent as Maria parks in front of my house. The house that just a week ago, Max was introducing as mine. Ours. The windows are dark and I’m suddenly afraid to go inside. I’m afraid of being alone tonight and for the rest of my life. I thought I would never have to be alone again. I thought….

I thought so many things. And none of them are true.

Nothing lasts forever. Nothing.

“Are you sure you want to stay here tonight, Lizzy?”

Maria’s voice is soft, unobtrusive, as she asks me. She’s such a good friend. She’s been there through everything, and I love her so much for it. But this…I need…I don’t know what I need. But…I THINK I need to be where the memory of Max is the strongest. And that would be the house he bought for us.

I know now that I love him, that I always have. And facing a lifetime without him is the hardest thing I’ll ever have to do.

“Yea, I’m sure.” My voice is rough, my throat dry.

She nods.

“Do you want me to stay?”

Yes, I want to say. Instead, I shake my head and she squeezes my hand softly.

“I’m just a call away if you need me.”

Common words, but they are strangely comforting.

“Call me at any time.”

I smile. We both know I will.

I hug her awkwardly, clinging to her. She’s safe, and will never leave me.

I can’t be alone.

Not again.

*~*~*~*

I think I’m delirious with grief.

Because, if I wasn’t, there would be no way Max Evans is currently asleep in my bed. There’s no way he’s looking so innocent and handsome cuddling close to the very pillow he gave to me. There’s no way his gentle breathing would be filling the room. No way tears would be escaping my eyes as I stare at him. No way that when I touch him, I feel his warm skin, his strong naked arms.

I’m delirious.

And so I sink into the bed, crying my eyes out.

Cause now I can’t even separate fact from fiction.

There’s no way his eyes are opening, warm brown eyes staring sleepily at me. No way he’s rubbing those eyes, concern flooding his sleepy face. No way he’s pulling me into his arms, whispering comforting words into my ears. No way for my tears to be flooding the pillows, wetting his handsome face.

There’s absolutely no way for him to be apologizing to me for staying at my house. No way for him to be telling me he lost his cell phone and missed his flight.

There’s no way he’s safe in my arms and for this whole day to have been a giant misunderstanding.

I’m delirious.

And then he kisses me.

And maybe I’m not so delirious after all.
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Hey everyone, finally back with a little more. We're getting nearer and nearer to the end all the time. Very very soon.

Eve, nope Max is very alive. He missed the plane and had to catch another one.

Emz80m, totally trying to scare the shit out of you guys. I admit it. *laughs* Yup, he's alive and well.

Spray, haha. It's all because of you, hon. If you hadn't said you had a bad feeling, the plane wouldn't have crashed. ;) Love ya, too.

Laira, don't be hating me! Love me because I'm beautiful. And held your hand as you get tattooed. Of course I wouldn't kill Max! He is getting too cute to be dead and stuff. Miss you, too. Come out and play!

candycane14, she better and she will. ;) He got home before he. She was still at the church and he was dead tired from all the flying, and he had to rush to catch the plane so he couldn't find a pay phone.

bigears, i do know the feeling! It's rare, but oh so sweet. Thanks!

Natalie36, he just missed the plane. But he's very alive.

Alli! Don't hate me! You must always love me! Because I am Lora and a very special person. *laughs* Who never matured past the age of 5. Seriously. Ask anyone at my office.

dreamsatnight, of course I'm leaving it there! And you just know this part is gonna be like five years later and they're getting a divorce. Because fun is no fun. j/k. I'm back, i'm back!

Alien614, of ocurse he survived. Do you really think I'm cruel enough to kill Max? *laughs* Don't answer that.

Caroline, I can't help but laugh at saying I'm not that cruel, cause the 1st story I finished was called "Cruel." *big smile* I am here to please. And so I shall update now. Btw, bummer about JB getting married. I know how you feel.

rowedog, oooh, Italy. Exciting. How was it? More soon, hopefully it too shall make you a very happy woman!

And thank to you to any and all Lurkers for reading! Hope you're all enjoying, too.

And without further delay...

Part 24

I cried myself to sleep in his arms and he didn’t ask a single question. He just held me tightly, allowing the sobs to work their way out. He didn’t complain that I was soaking him, just kissed me softly on the forehead.

I know he watched me as I slept, keeping the demons away.

*~*~*~*

“Good morning, sleepy.” His eyes are bright as he greets me. I groan groggily before sitting up quickly.

“Is this a dream?”

He laughs and reaches out to me. I allow myself to be hugged easily, soaking up any contact I have with this man.

“No, Liz. I’m really here.”

“What happened?” I ask curiously. “Why weren’t you on the plane?”

He looks away and loosens his hold on me. I situate myself on the bed, staring at him intently.

“We had a last minute meeting to tie up some loose ends. It ran a little late, and by the time I got there, the plane had already left. I booked the next flight with a different airline.”

I nod, tears of happiness welling in my eyes.

“I’m so glad you weren’t on that plane!”

“Me, too. I cheated death yet again.”

I smile.

“Please, by all means, keep doing it.”

*~*~*~*~*

He made me breakfast. I think it was his way of apologizing for scaring me half to death, for making me think I had to live the rest of my life without him. I’ve come to a conclusion, and it’s a big one, so hold on: I love Max. I forgive Max. I want to be with him. In every meaning of the word. Because I love him.

There.

I said it.

I fucking love Maxwell Evans.

And here I thought the forgiveness was the big conclusion.

We’re sitting on the couch, just watching television like it’s just another normal day. His arm is nestled around my shoulders and I’m cuddled to his chest. He holds me like I’m precious, something he never wants to lose.

And a smile blazes on my face at the thought that he wants me.

I lean up and kiss him, and he kisses me in return. Slowly, he pulls me up closer to him. Wordlessly, our lips still attached, I swing my leg over his. Seductively, I dance on his lap. Quietly, he groans against my lips. Innocently, I bat my eyes and smile before kissing him yet again.

Quickly, his hands reach the bottom of my shirt. Sexily, I pull back and pull the shirt over my head. Lovingly, he embraces me and trails his hands over my braless chest.

Breathlessly, I return to kissing him, my own hands working under his t-shirt.

Loudly, Maria’s scream breaks through the lust induced fog.

“Oh my God, You’re ALIVE!”
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

Surprise!

Sorry for the hiatus, everyone. In February, my boyfriend and I broke up and my ability to even look at this story was jeopardized. This whole story was based on our relationship. And now everything is confusing and it makes me sick. So, this story will be finally finished within the next few weeks. But good news, after re-reading it today, I still think I'm gonna make it into a movie. Haha.

So thank you to everyone for their support, and I hope you like this next part! Love you all! :)

Part 25

“Juliet, the dice were loaded from the start. I bet and you exploded into my heart.” I sing loudly, dancing around the front room of my…our home. Max sits on the couch, smirking as I clean with a feather duster.

“Have I told you recently just how adorable you are?” He asks.

Just for that, I wiggle my butt.

“Oh Juliet, when we made love you used to cry. You said I love you like the stars above I'll love you till I die.”

He pulls me down into his lap.

“I will love you longer than that.”

Gently, our lips meet each other, moving softly. I pull back, breathless.

“Right back atcha, sexy.”

“Oh, you wanna see sexy, my love?”

Oh yea.

“Oh, yea.” I start pulling at his shirt. “Show me what you’ve got, big boy.”

He wiggles his eyebrows at me and rubs his hands over his own body. “Oh, baby. Oh, I’m so hot. So damn sexy.” He stops and looks at me.

I respond by bursting out in laughter.

He tickles me until tears escape my eyes.

Suddenly, he stops and kisses me again. Responding fully, I turn to be closer to him. Pulling him to me, and rubbing against him. Groaning softly, he pulls away.

“What do you say we take this into the bedroom?”

I wink breathlessly.

“Oh, baby, oh baby. Sounds like a plan.” He stands up, me in his arms. “Just let me take care of a few things, I’ll meet you in there, k?”

Max puts me back down gently. “Ok, but hurry. I’ll be naked.”

I watch him as he strolls away from me, his rear end swaying delightfully. Quickly, I rush into the kitchen and open the refrigerator. Water bottles. Check. We tend to spend so much time in the bedroom that we end up dehydrated. Umm…chocolate sauce? Ooh, could be nice. Whipped cream? Always. Don’t we have some cherries in here?

As I’m looking, the doorbell rings.

The face that stares at me through the window sends shivers up and down my spine.

Eric.

A mask of dislike and hatred hardens on my face as I open the door to reveal him. My voice is gone, so I just stare at him, my arms crossed.

“Hi.” He rubs his hand through his very short blonde hair before tugging on the jacket covering his plain black t-shirt and jeans. He looks every bit the musician he is. “I just wanted to come see you.”

“I have absolutely no interest in seeing or talking to you, Eric. Move on, get over it.”

“No! No!” His voice is loud, full of energy. “No, I didn’t come to get you back or anything. I know that you and Max are happy. It’s been almost a year, I’ve moved on. I…” His eyes look past me into the house. “Can I come in and talk?”

“No.”

A soft sigh shudders through his lips.

“Fine. I understand.” He pauses and sighs again. “I just wanted to apologize. I was wrong. I manipulated you, lied to you, and was just an overall jerk. I’m sorry for hurting you.”

“Why are you here?” I’m confused.

“I’m getting married next month. Max was a really good friend of mine and I wanted to make things better with the two of you so he’d come to the wedding.”

My mouth falls open in shock.

“You’re getting married?”

He smiles brightly. “Yea, she’s perfect for me. Tess Harding? You probably met her once or twice.”

I laugh. “She’s a slut.”

He glares at me. “Hey, that is the future Mrs. Eric Montgomery we’re talking about. And she’s not a slut. She’s just enthusiastic.” He laughs and sticks out his hand. “Friends?”

I glance at his hand and ponder what to do. Slowly but firmly, I take his hand.

“No, but maybe someday.”

He nods and takes back his hand. “Tell Max I’ll call him?”

“Will do. Bye.”

I close the door and walk away from him.

I’ve gotta get back to my sexy sexy boyfriend. And the chocolate sauce.
<center>Image</center>
Lorastar
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Lorastar »

I'm kinda sad that this is the end. It's been such an awesome experience writing this, and it feels like a significant chunk of my life is ending with this part. Oh well. More to write. Laira, still waiting on part 4!!

Thank you all for the feedback and support! I LOVE YOU ALL!!

And now... the end.

Part 27

The spotlight is on me. I smile comfortably at the crowd seated in the theater and fight the desire to fidget.

“Hello!”

Everyone stares at me.

“Thank you all for coming! Today is a very special night for me, and it means the world to me that you’re all here to share it with me. Tonight, you all get to see a project that is very dear to me. It’s been my whole life for the past year and I’m so glad to finally share this year with you. So, without further ado , I present “I Only Want You.”

The lights dim as the applause fades and the screen comes to life. I slink off to the wings of the theater, nervously awaiting approval.

His arms are around me the second I’m away from the crowd. He kisses my forehead and whispers comforting words, “They’ll love it as much as we did, babe.”

I kiss soundly on the lips. Warmth flooding through me from the simple gesture.

I love this man.

He’s half my world, now.

“Liz Parker, I love you.”

“I love you, too, Max Evans.”

He holds me close and I smile widely.

Who would've ever thought we’d end up this way again? So in love, but not so naïve and foolish anymore.

It’s been a long year, and as the theater watches the fruits of my hard work, I can’t help but think back to it.

Max moved in with me, shortly after the airplane incident. We confessed our undying love for each other. And broke up a month later. He moved out and back into his mansion.

For a week.

That’s all it took for him to come back, and this time, I was more than ready for him.

We didn’t make it out of the bedroom for three days. And after that, we both had a different outlook. This love is too real and precious to take for granted.

And when Max’s band recorded their new album, I was there. And when he partied, I was there. And when his band went on tour, I was there. Me and my camcorder. We’ve been there for the past year, capturing every moment. Capturing the music. Loving and living it every second at Max’s side.

And when I wanted to stay home, Max was there. And when I started my company, Max was there. And when I broke down, totally stressed, Max was there. And when I questioned our love, Max was there. And when I edited the documentary, Max was there, smiling and loving me the whole time.

And now, as the product of our love shows on the screen, we’re together.

And still in love.

The music from the speakers catches my attention and I turn to face the love of my life. Warm amber brown eyes laugh at me as he takes my hand. Our bodies come together and start swaying in the darkness.

“The show is over close the story book
There will be no encore and all the random hands that I have shook well they’re reaching for the door.
I watch their backs as they leave single file
but you stood stubborn, cheering all the while.”

His voice chimes in with that of the film.

“I know I can be colorful
I know I can be gray
but I know this loser’s living fortunate
cause I know you will love me either way “

I grin at him, something I’ve done more in the past year than the last five.

I know I can be gray
but I know this loser’s living fortunate cause I know you will love me either way”

My own soft voice joins in. I know the song by heart.

“most were being good for goodness sake
but you wouldn’t pantomime
you are more beautiful when you awake than most are in a lifetime
through the haze that is my memory well
you stayed for drama though you paid for a comedy”

When you fall in love, you don’t expect to be the victim of heartbreak. But what doesn’t kill you, only makes you stronger. And I honestly think that the years of hating Max were only a cover for the fact that I still loved him. And that love, still burns strong in my heart, and always will.

I know I can be gray
but I know this loser’s living fortunate cause I know you will love me either way”

“I will always be here, Max.”

His eyes twinkle happily as he spins me, still singing.

“look ahead as far as you can see we’ll live in drama but we’ll die in a comedy I know I can be colorful I know I can be gray but I know this loser’s living fortunate
I know you will love me either way”

He dips me and I squeal softly, which makes him laugh. The warm tone of his voice slides down my spine, giving me goosebumps.

I know I can be gray
but I know this loser’s living fortunate
And I know you will love me
Cause I know you will love me
And I know you will love me either way”

The song fades out, and Max pulls me close to me.

The crowd cheers onscreen and I smile, remembering that night.

Max stands at the microphone, looking sexy as hell. His hair is long and disheveled, the guitar hanging on his muscular form. A black t-shirt clings to his body, jeans hang low on his hips, revealing his tattoos.

“Hello, Hollywood!”

The crowd screams.

“How are you doing tonight?”

They scream louder.

“How about some new music now? You guys want to hear something new from us?”

The audience screams their approval, jumping and jostling each other.

“Ok, you get something new.”

His lips touch the microphone as the music starts.

“Oh, and by the way, this song goes out to Liz Parker. I know, I know, cheesy, but babe, you know it’s true.”

The music swells and the crowd cheers louder. Blush colors my cheeks from behind the camcorder, and I smile proudly as his voice reaches through the giant speakers at the Key Club in Hollywood.

Max touches my wrist gently and pulls me back to the present.

"They love it."

I laugh.

"Only because they love you."

His hand gently runs through his dark hair. "Yea, what can I say? I'm a sexy sexy man."

"Oh that you are, my hot Rockstar. You rock my world, baby."

His eyebrows raise. "Really? What do you say we get home and rock the house?"

"Or how about the car?"

He grabs my hand and pulls me out of the theater as the movie continues.

I don't stop laughing until we reach the limo and he pushes me inside, his hands grazing places only he will ever see again.

Warm hands run up and down my sides as hot lips brush softly against my own glossy lips. He pushes me down onto the seat, hands running under my silky red dress. He pulls the dress up, unzipping it quickly, before throwing it over our heads.

Slower, I push his jacket off, taking my time to graze the muscles under his shirt. I melt as he pushes my hands away and continues to undress himself.

He pushes himself against me and I moan, feeling his hardness. An answering moan is heard as he frees himself from his clothing.

Frowning, he looks at me.

"You couldn't have taken that time to continue undressing yourself?"

"I got distracted. I like the view too much." I whisper, bringing him back down to my lips. Warm lips rub, taunt, tease before meeting again and again as those strong hands continue to undress me.

He rubs his hand between my legs, touching those most sensitive parts. Moaning, my back arches, bringing him closer to me.

And then...things start getting a little personal....

*~*~*~*

"Does my hair look ok?"

"You look great."

"So I don't look like I just got fucked in the limo?"

He laughs, pulling me closer, and dropping a soft kiss to my temple.

"You look completely respectable."

Maria rushes over and hugs me. She whispers into my ear, "Please tell me you guys didn't have a quickie in the limo."

I laugh and stay silent.

She smacks me.

Whatever.

Didn't she say that she believed we'd be together?

Well, she was right.

And yes, that is the only time I will admit that Maria was right about, well, anything.

Finally she laughs as Michael make his way over. He wraps his arm around her and smiles.

We're all so very happy and smiley tonight.

What the hell happened to us?

How did we go from angry and bitter to smiling and happy?

I think someone drugged us all.

"Congrats, Liz, the movie was awesome. You've got a hit."

"Says the guy who knows all about hits."

He shrugs.

And the moment is a little awkward.

Some things don't change.

The float away on their cloud of bliss and I collapse back against Max. He supports me with his arms and kisses my head.

Ah, life is good.

"Love ya, babe." He whispers softly against my head.

"Love you, too, Rockstar"

And this is how our story ends. In love and happy. All that's left to say is:

I'm Liz Parker and I'm a Maxaholic.

The End
<center>Image</center>