Change of Heart (M/L ADULT) - COMPLETE; 18/4

Finished stories that feature the characters from the show, but there are no aliens. All fics completed on the main AU without Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Change of Heart (M/L ADULT) - COMPLETE; 18/4

Post by Emz80m »

Title: Change of Heart
Author: Emma
Disclaimer: I don’t own anything, except the characters that are not related to Roswell.
Category: M/L
Rating: ADULT
Summery: Liz Parker realises at 30 that her life isn’t all that, so she returns home with a change of heart.

One

I’ve devoted my entire life to my job. It’s been eight years since I’ve been home to see my family. Eight years since I’ve had a holiday, or a life. All my life all I’ve ever wanted to do was to help other people by finding the cure to some rare disease. I thought I was close, actually I know I was. Now at the ripe old age of 30 I find myself with no job, no life and whilst all the people I once knew are getting married and starting families, I’m starting over again.

“I’m sorry Liz, I really am but they cut our funding” the words were delivered with remorse but they cut me to the very core. Everything I knew was over. After eight years someone decided that our cause wasn’t important anymore. I got the job as a research assistant at Chicago Hope straight out of college and I loved it. I worked along side my mentor Dr James until he retired two years earlier, and after that I was promoted to head of the project. I was devastated when he CEO of the hospital told me that they just couldn’t afford to run the research anymore. Wasn’t breast cancer important anymore?

I’ve missed so much. My parents recently retired and are getting ready to start travelling, my older brother has his first child on the way, and my younger sister is getting married.

I used to be close to my family. I love them more than anything, but over the years they got tired of my neglect and begging me to take some time off. I can’t remember the last time they invited me home for something.

I pull up out the front of my family home and sigh. It looks the same except for the new coat of paint. The driveway is full of cars, most likely Lindsay’s friends or her fiancée’s family.

The call had only come a few weeks back. Delivered by my mother and tactfully. I think they thought I would fall apart at the news, maybe they hoped I would realise what I had lost. My younger sister who is only 25 is marrying my childhood friend.

I hop out of my car, opting to leave my bags inside until I decide whether I want to stay, and make my way towards the front door.

“Don’t go in there,” a voice warns me.

“Excuse me?” I look down and squint at the man sitting on the porch swing. I can’t see his face in the dark and I wonder who he is.

“I said don’t go in there. There is stuff everywhere,” he informs his arms emphasising his point.

“Oh,” I frown. “What kind of stuff?”

“Magazines, wedding plans,” he answers with a shrug. I step closer as I see him bring a cigarette to his mouth. My mouth waters, I took it up a few weeks ago after I lost my job. It’s ironic that women who had devoted her life to finding a cure for breast cancer would take up smoking.

“Can I?” I ask pointing.

“Sure,” he replies and hands it to me.

I can see him more clearly now. He looks nice.

We sit in silence passing the cigarette back and fourth until he throws it to the ground and stubs it out. I remind myself that I need to give up the filthy habit.

“You don’t remember me do you?” he speaks.

I turn and look at him. I study his face and then I shake my head. “I’m sorry.”

He chuckles softly, it sounds really nice. “It’s cool. I didn’t recognise you straight away.”

“Oh,” I smile I’m not sure if that’s good or bad.

“You and Linds look a lot a like,” he tells me then.

“We do?” I ask surprised. Lindsay was 17 when I saw her last so its not surprising that she would look different at 25 but like me? I cant believe that, she was always much more beautiful that I was.

“Yeah, your hair is longer though,” he points out and I smile. I’ve had long hair since I was a child. It’s almost down to my bum and his words remind me that I need to make an appointment to get it cut.

We continue to sit in silence. I wonder who he is and when he is going to tell me but I’m not in any hurry.

“Did they set a date?” I finally ask.

He chuckles again and I wonder what’s so funny about my question. “No,” he answers.

“Oh,” I reply. I had been surprised to hear about the engagement. No one had mentioned Lindsay dating seriously and I wonder if there is more to the story then I know.

“Does that bother you?” he asks.

I shake my head immediately. “No. I mean why would it bother me?”

He shrugs again and I frown, this guy is really frustrating and I hate the fact that he knows me but I don’t know him.

“I don’t know,” he replies. “She’s your little sister and she’s getting married before you.”

“How do you know I’m not married?” I ask defensively. “Or in a serious relationship?” I add.

“Whoa don’t get all defensive on me,” he says. “I think I would have heard if you had gotten married, Liz.”

It’s the first time he said my name and I find myself smiling, I like the way it sounds from his mouth.

“See I told you I knew you,” he teases.

“And I know you?” I ask then curious.

“You did,” he says but this time it’s a lot quieter. “Once upon a time.”

I smile at his words despite their meaning. I use that phrase all the time.

“So what brings you home?” he asks.

I sigh. I knew someone would want to know eventually.

“It was time,” I reply.

He nods in understanding but he seems slightly disappointed.

“So are you going to tell me who you are, and how I know you?” I ask then.

He chuckles at me again. “You held out longer than I thought.”

“It was tough,” I assure him.

He’s about to say something when we hear someone walk out the front. I look up and see the silhouette of my sister standing on the porch looking around. I can’t see her very well but I see that he was right because she does look different.

“Where is he?” someone else asks coming up behind her.

“I don’t know,” she replies annoyed.

“They can’t see us,” he leans in and whispers.

“You sure?” I ask surprised.

“Positive,” he grins.

“Why did he just leave with out saying something?” Lindsay sighs before she disappears back into the house.

I look over at the man sitting next to me. “You just pissed her off, you know that right?”

He grins. “Yep, but she pisses me off all the time,” he informs me.

“Ok,” I reply, my eyes returning to the front door. I should go in there and say hi but continue to sit next to the stranger who says he knows me.

“You should go in. They’ll be happy to see you,” he tells me.

“I guess,” I sigh.

I know they will be. They may have given up hounding me to come home but they never stopped loving me or calling me.

I watch him stand up then. “I might see you around sometime, Liz,” he tells me and then with one final smile he pushes through the shrubs and disappears.

“Wait!” I call out. “I don’t even know your name?”

He turns back and grins at me and I feel my heart pitter-patter. How did I not notice before how gorgeous this man was?

“It’s Max,” he tells me and without another word he turns and continues walking.

TBC........

Thank you to my wonderful beta Ki Ki
Last edited by Emz80m on Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:29 am, edited 15 times in total.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone! Thank you so much for reading, and for your great feedback. I'm glad you're enjoying this so far. I always love posting a first part and getting everyone's reaction, this one is especially good because I know exactly what most of you are thinking lol. Anyway here is the next part, I hope you enjoy!

Two

I knock on the door and wait for someone to answer it. Lindsay opens it a few seconds later, and when she flicks on the porch light and sees me standing on the other side her mouth falls open in shock.

“Surprise,” I whisper.

I’m not prepared for her squeal when she opens the door and jumps on top of me. The rest of the house comes running to see what’s wrong.

“Oh my god Liz,” my mother cries prying me out of Lindsay’s arms and pulling me to her.

“What are you doing here?” I hear my father ask.

They shuffle we around until they have all had a turn and when I pull back, tears in my eyes I see him.

“Hey,” I smile.

“Hey yourself,” he smiles back.

I take a tentative step forward and reciprocate and before I know it I’m engulfed in his arms. “I’m so glad you finally came home,” he whispers.

“Ok everyone step aside and let her enter the house,” I look up and see my brother; he’s leaning against the doorframe.

“Alex,” I whisper. I rush into his arms and he hugs me tight. I hate that we grew up because I miss my brother.

“I’m glad your finally home Lizzie,” he tells me.

We take a seat in the lounge after that and I realise Max is right. It’s covered in magazines and samples. I smile.

“Looks like the planning is full speed ahead,” I say.

“Yeah,” Lindsay smiles. “We haven’t set a date yet but we will as soon as bone head asks his boss for time off,” she continues poking Kyle in the stomach.

I smile at the two of them wistfully. There was a time when it was me who would be sitting next to Kyle; there was a time when our family thought it would be the two of us that would get married. Don’t get me wrong I’m not jealous just confused.

“So how long have the two of you been dating?” I ask.

Lindsay blushes. “A little while,” is her vague reply.

I smile back, like I thought there is definitely something fishy going on.

“Well congratulations,” I say and I mean it. I’m genuinely happy that Kyle has found the love with my sister that I was unable to give him.

“How long are you home for Lizzie?” my father asks then.

“Not sure,” I reply.

“I can’t believe you finally left that lab of yours long enough to come for a visit,” mum laughs.

“Well it was long overdue,” I reply. I know I should tell them the truth but I just don’t feel ready to yet.

“Hows Isabel?” I ask Alex then. Alex married Isabel Guerin eight years ago. They met in college and it was love at first sight for Alex. Isabel was an unusual girl, strikingly beautiful and extremely smart. I hit it off with her immediately and still speak to her when I have my weekly chat with Alex. The last time I had been home was for their wedding.

“Ok,” he smiled. “She thinks she’s as fat so she wont leave the house right now.”

I grin, I thought she would be here planning but then I remember that Isabel and Lindsay don’t get along that well.

“I’ll come and visit tomorrow,” I promise.

“She’ll love that,” he says.

“This is where you disappeared too.”

I look up and see Kyle standing and shaking his head at me. I’m sitting back on the swing smoking what I promise myself will be my last cigarette. I needed a break, it was great to see my family again, but it was also overwhelming.

“Just taking a time out,” I reply.

He sits down next to me and we sit in silence. “It’s so good that your home,” he replies.

“Yeah its nice,” I reply.

I know it seems as though there is some angsty story that involves Kyle and I but the truth is there isn’t. Kyle and I grew up together. We were close all the way through high school until graduation. That was the day that things changed. Kyle kissed me and instead of kissing him back I pushed him away. I had never thought of Kyle as anything other than my best friend, and was surprised to find out he had feelings for me. I thought they were fleeting, he swore it was love. I know I broke his heart when I told him I didn’t feel the same, and as a result we didn’t stay in contact when I left for college.

These days Kyle was a deputy for the local Sheriffs department.

“So you and Linds?” I ask.

“Yeah,” he replies.

“I’m really happy for you,” I tell him.

“Are you really?” he seems surprised.

“Oh course,” I say. “I’m so happy that you and Linds have found happiness together.”

“Thanks,” he replies.

“She thinks I’m dragging by not agreeing to a date,” he admits.

“Are you?” I wonder.

“Maybe a little,” he admits. “It happening so fast.”

You can say that again, I think to myself.

“How long have the two of you been together?” I wonder.

He shifts uncomfortably. “A few months,” he answers.

I gasp in surprise. “Why such a rush?” I ask.

“Lindsay is pregnant, Liz,” he admits.

“Oh,” I say surprised. No one mentioned that before but I’m not surprised. My parents aren’t strict but they wouldn’t have been happy that Lindsay was pregnant out of wedlock. Now I understand the rush down the aisle. Still, if Kyle isn’t ready they shouldn’t go through with it.

“Yeah,” he smiles.

“Congratulations,” I say again.

I watch him stand up then and he stares at me. “What?” I ask.

He hesitates at first before he lifts his hand and places it over his heart. “Your still here,” he whispers.

I’m shocked by his words. Is he saying what I think he is? And if he why on earth would he?

“What are you saying?” I whisper back.

“I know it’s never going to happen,” he tells me, “And I’m even surprised myself but seeing you today….” He trails off then. “I just thought you should know that you’re still in my heart.”

“Please don’t,” I say sternly. “You’re marrying my sister,” I remind him.

“I know,” he smiles. “Night Lizzie,” he turns and walks off then and I sit with my mouth open in shock.

“You look good,” I smile at Isabel.

“Thank you,” she smiled back. “Even though you’re lying, thank you.”

“I am not!” I cry.

“So you’re going to be here for the birth aren’t you?” she asks.

The bub is due in a few weeks so I nod. I have no plans to go anywhere anytime soon. A few colleagues recommended me for some jobs and I’ve had a few calls but I think I might need some time off. I am after all 30 and as I stare at Isabel and Alex I realise this is what I want too.

Last night after Kyle left for the first time I was jealous of Lindsay. Not because I wanted Kyle specifically but because I wanted what she had, or was getting.

“I think that can be arranged, besides I don’t want to miss the birth of my first niece or nephew.”

“Great,” she smiles. “I have next to no friends here and I miss you,” she says.

“Well at least the little one will have a cousin to play with soon,” I comment.

“Ah she told you,” Isabel smirks.

“No actually Kyle did,” I inform her.

“Yes, interesting situation,” she remarks.

“Why’s that?” I can tell that she knows something that’s she’s not saying.

“Nothing,” she replies so I don’t push her.

“He said something else too,” I sigh.

“Yeah?” she asks curiously, Isabel loves a bit of gossip.

“He told me I was still in his heart,” I sigh.

Isabel’s eyes widen. “What did he mean by that?”

“I don’t know, I just told him that I didn’t want to hear about it, that he was marrying Lindsay,” I explain.

“Wow,” she says shocked.

“I know. I’m wondering if it’s a good idea to stay at the house since he seems to be there a lot but mum would be devastated if I didn’t.”

“Come stay here for a few days,” her eyes light up at the idea. “Alex is still at work and you could tell Nancy that you’re helping me.”

“You wouldn’t mind?” I ask.

“No it would be like college, we could have girls night and everything,” she squeals.

“Ok, I’ll tell her tonight,” I smile.

We catch up on old times including the latest stories about her brother Michael who is living with my best friend from high school Maria Deluca. Maria and I grew apart when I left for college but for a few years we tried our best to keep in touch. I think she gave up after having too many conversations with an answering machine that never called back. Anyway, Maria is eccentric and she drives Michael, a stubborn abrupt guy absolutely crazy, that means that there are some amusing stories to be heard.

Isabel decided to have a BBQ the next day and invites them all to come and for the first time in a long time I’m looking forward to something.

[/i]
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you so much for you feedback, I'm afraid i might disapoint you all :? because i don't think that this is very good. Anyway i really appreicate you reading! :D

begonia9508
annarica
Behrsgirl1230
Alien614
Ellie
POM
BehrObsession
Nana
janesdilemma
frenchkiss70
Poinson Ivy
roni230
83 AlienAngel
Itzstacie
Grace52373
Smac

Three

I’m helping Isabel in the kitchen when I see my mystery man from a few nights ago. I admire the hard muscles on his arms and chest as he stands in the backyard talking to Michael.

“Who you staring at?” Isabel sneaks up behind and asks.

I jump about a metre. “Jesus Isabel,” I curse.

“Sorry,” she grins but I know her better than that, she’s not sorry at all.

“No one,” I lie.

“Yeah right,” she shakes her head.

I sigh knowing she wont let this go. “Who’s that guy talking to Michael?” I ask.

Isabel looks out the window and back to me. “Max?” she questions.

“Yeah, I know his name but he knows me and I don’t know how,” I explain.

Isabel laughs at me then. “Liz, that’s Max Evans. Kyle’s brother,” she tells me.

My eyes go wide. “You’re kidding?”

“Nope,”

Little Max Evans had certainly grown up. I peer out the window to take another look at him.

“He looks good doesn’t he?” she says knowingly.

“What happened to him? Last time I saw him he had glasses, braces and he was this lanky little thing that was scared of his own shadow,” I gape.

“Liz, he was like 17 when you saw him last time?” she says.

“True,” I agree biting my bottom lip.

I sigh then. If that’s Max Evans then that means he’s way too young for me to be looking at. Max used to be best friends with Lindsay. He followed her around everywhere, which I always thought was cute. I wonder if they’re still friends.

“Why don’t you go say hi?” Isabel suggests.

“It’s not what you think,” I tell her.

“Sure it’s not. You were practically drooling, Liz,” she giggles.

“I was not,” I lie. “And besides he’s way too young for me,” I point out.

Isabel frowns. “Hardly, he’s 25.”

“Exactly and I’m 30.”

“That’s five years Liz, its nothing,” she argues.

“I’m not a cradle snatcher,” I argue.

“It’s the same age difference between Kyle and Lindsay,” she points out then. “Do you think that’s wrong?”

She got me. If I say it is then it seems like I’m not happy for the two of them and if I say it isn’t then I have no excuse for not talking to Max.

Giving up I sigh and make my way outside.

“Hi Michael, Max,” I greet when I reach them.

“Liz, Hi!” Michael greets leaning into give me a hug. “How are you?” he asks.

“Good, you?” I reply.

He looks around to make sure Maria isn’t in earshot before answering. “Surviving.”

I laugh at him before turning to Max. “How are you Evans?” I ask.

I see the twinkle of amusement in his eyes. “Ahh so you finally worked out who I was.”

“Of course I did,” I reply tossing my hair over my shoulder. I had several inches cut off the day before and it feels so much better.

“You cut your hair,” he comments.

I look at him surprised. “Yeah I did,” I say. No one else had noticed.

He smiles proudly. “So I’m glad to see you survived,” he says.

“Yeah, barely,” I smirk.

“Oh my god Liz?” I turn and see Maria rushing towards me. We squeal as we hug each other and when I pull back I grin.

“Its so good to see you,” I tell her.

“You too,” she agrees.

“You look great!” Her blonde hair is now a shade of brown and once again she has it cut short. I don’t like the short look so much but she looks good.

“You too,” she agrees again and we burst out laughing.

“If you two are going to do that girl thing can you go somewhere else?” Michael asks then.

I watch in amusement as Maria whirls on him and he instantly pales. “What was that Michael?”

“Nothing sweetie,” he replies and Max snorts at him.

“That’s funny…” Maria goes off on a rant then and I’m relieved when Max grabs my hand and pulls me away.

“Thanks,” I smile.

“You’re welcome,” he smiles back and I swear I almost melt. His smile is gorgeous, he is simply gorgeous.

“So Max what are you doing these days?” I ask.

“Oh I’m a computer programmer. I’m Alex’s partner,” he tells me.

“Oh that’s great,” I reply. Alex started his business after college. He mentioned taking on a new partner.

“Yeah its cool,” he nods.

“I’m sorry I didn’t recognise you,” I blurt out then. I feel like I need to apologise.

Max laughs at me. “Don’t worry about it.”

“Do you want to sit?” he asks.

“Sure,” I agree.

I see Isabel smiling at me over by the pool and I shoot her a glare.

“So what about you, Liz? Research obviously keeps you busy it’s been what 10 years since you’ve been home.”

“Eight,” I correct him.

“Tomatoes, tomatoes,” he tells me.

“Well yeah it did,” I say.

“Did?” he eyes me and I realise me slip.

I sigh. “My research project just lots it’s funding,” I admit.

“Ahh,” he nods. “So you lost your job.”

“Yeah,” I nod.

“That’s why your home?” he assumes.

“Yes and No.” What’s the point in lying? If I hadn’t lost my job I probably wouldn’t have come home until the wedding.

“I thought you might have come home because of the wedding,” he frowns.

“That’s the second time you’ve said that, why?” I ask confused.

He shakes his head. “Want a drink?” he asks standing up and ignoring me.

“Thanks,” I reply handing him my empty glass and watching him go.

I’ve been home a week and I have to tell you that I’m a little confused. Everyone has secrets, secrets that they’re not willing to share. It’s frustrating and annoying but worst of all its hypocritical of me to feel that way because apart from Max I haven’t told anyone about my job.

My excuse is simple. I’ve been busy. Catching up with Isabel and Alex, lunching with Maria.

“Hey,” Lindsay smiles surprised to see me when she enters the kitchen.

I’m just as surprised as she is since I didn’t think anyone was home. She takes a seat across from me and I study her, so far she hasn’t said a word about the pregnancy, I wonder if Kyle told her I knew.

“You’ve been busy,” she smiles.

“Yeah,” I nod, “catching up with everyone.”

“Yeah,” she says. “Maybe if your not busy we could catch up today?” she asks.

“I’d love that,” I smile at her.

I watch as my sister fiddles nervously. “Did you and Kyle talk?” she asks.

“Yep,” I nod. “Congratulations.” She smiled then. “I can’t believe my little sister will be a mum soon.”

“He told you?” she frowned.

“Yeah,” I reply. “Wasn’t I supposed to know?”

“Oh no its just that I wanted to tell you,” she sighs. “I’m surprised Kyle mentioned it though,” she added.

I study my sister sensing something isn’t right but decided not to say anything right away.

“What do you want to do today?” Lindsay asks.

I grin, “Lets go shopping!”
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Thank you guys so much for your feedback :oops: I hope you enjoy this next part too

Four

I shove the last of my sandwich into my mouth when I hear the doorbell. Don’t ask me how it happened but Max is picking me up to take me to dinner at Alex and Isabel’s. Obviously it was Isabel’s idea.

“Max!” I hear my sisters surprise greeting.

“Hi Lindsay,” he replies.

I poke my head around the corner and watch them. I know it wrong but I’m intrigued about what is happening all around me.

“How are you?” Lindsay asks him.

“I’m good,” Max replies. “You?”

“I’m ok,” she replies.

There is awkwardness between them and I wonder why. They used to be best friends and I thought they would still be close.

“I haven’t seen you in a while,” she comments. “You ran out the other night, I was worried.”

Ah so that explains why Max was sitting on the porch swing and doing his best not to be found when I arrived the other night.

“I shouldn’t have showed up like that,” he explains. What his comment doesn’t explain though it why he left and didn’t want to be found.

“You’re welcome here anytime, you know that Max,” she says.

Silence descends between them and I wonder if I should make my presence known.

“Why don’t you come in?” Lindsay suggests. “We could watch a movie and eat popcorn like the old days,” she smiles.

Max fidgets nervously. “I can’t,” he says. “I’m actually here to pick up Liz.”

“Liz?”

“Yeah,” he nods avoiding her eyes.

“Oh I didn’t realise that you two knew each other,” she leans against the door and studies him.

“Is she here?” he asks.

“I hate that its like this between us now,” she tells him and I wonder what she’s talking about. I mean I’m not stupid it’s obvious that things are awkward between them but what I want to know is why.

“Well, I’m sorry but I can’t help the way I feel,” Max replies.

I wonder what he means by that? Does Max have feelings for Lindsay? Of course he probably would.

Lindsay seemingly accepts his answer with a nod. I decide that now is the best time to put in an appearance, the tension is so thick.

“Hi Max,” I smile as I fiddle with my bag trying to make it appear that I just arrived.

“Hey,” he smiles and I’m pleased to see it’s genuine.

“Where are you guys off to?” Lindsay asks taking in my appearance. I can tell right away that she doesn’t seem happy that Max and I are going out together. I would hate to see her reaction if it was a date.

“We’re having dinner with Isabel and Alex,” I explain.

“Oh,” she frowns. “Like a double date?” she looks at Max waiting for an answer.

“I guess,” he shrugs and then winks at me. I know I’m blushing right now.

“Come on Liz we’re going to be late,” he informs me.

“Ok,” I reply, “I’ll see you tomorrow Linds,” I smile at my sister before I follow Max out of the house and towards his brand new black SUV.

The drive over to Isabel and Alex’s is quiet. I keep sneaking glances at Max. I want to ask him what the go is with him and Lindsay but I don’t want to over step the boundaries. Sure we’ve become friends of sort, we have this playful banter between us, but does that give me the right to question him about his personal life?

“Spit it out,” he tells me.

“Huh?” I ask.

“I can tell you want to ask me something,” he smirks, “so out with it.”

“Ok,” I nod. Was I really being that obvious? “What’s the go with you and Lindsay? Things seemed…”

“Awkward?” he chuckles.

“Yeah,” I smile. Max Evans has the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

“Yeah well they are,” he shrugs.

That’s all he’s going to say?

“Why?”

He smirks at me again. “Full of questions today aren’t we Parker?”

“I’m sorry but you and Linds used to be best friends. The two people I saw today didn’t even look like friends at all,” I point out.

“So did you and Kyle?” he reminds me.

“That’s different,” I argue.

“How?” he asks and it surprised me that he actually seems interested in my answer.

“It was better for Kyle that we didn’t stay in contact,” I tell him. “I couldn’t reciprocate his feelings.”

I’m not sure what Max knows about me and Kyle’s history but I think my answer tells him all he needs to.

“Well you must be the first women ever then,” he tells me.

“What’s that supposed to mean?” I ask. I’m not sure if he just insulted or complimented me.

“I just meant that all his life Kyle has had women falling at his feet. I think its great that you’re different.”

I read between the lines and I smile. “You mean you think its great that I was the one thing Kyle wanted that he couldn’t have?”

“More or less,” he replies.

We’re almost at Isabel and Alex’s house now.

“Do you think Kyle loves Lindsay?” Max’s question surprised the hell out me and makes me feel uncomfortable all at the same time. The truth? I have no idea.

“I don’t know. You’ve been around them more than me what do you think?”

“I think that we’ve talked enough about Lindsay and Kyle for tonight,” he smiles. He pulls the car into the driveway and shuts the engine off. “Lets just have a nice night.”

I don’t know how he managed to weasel his way out of answering that question but he did, thing is I have no plans to let him get away with it anytime soon.

Dinner was great. Alex has always been funny but tonight with Max he was hilarious.

I’m helping Isabel load the dishwasher while the guys are discussing something about the business.

“Ok when are you going to tell me,” Isabel asks me.

“What?” I turn.

Her arms are folded and she looks annoyed. “Liz, I’ve known you for a long time so I know that something is going on. Out with it.”

Isabel is right. She has known me a long time and since she pretty much plays the role as my best friend she usually knows when I’m hiding something.

“Alex!” she calls out.

Alex and Max enter the kitchen then. “Liz, is finally going to tell us,” she informs him pinning with me a 'don’t you dare back out' look.

I sigh. “I lost my job,” there I said it.

Isabel’s face immediately softens. “Oh Liz I’m so sorry,” she tells me. “I know how much you loved working at Chicago Hope.”

“Thanks,” I try to smile.

“I’m sorry too,” Alex tells me coming over to give me a hug. “But I’m so glad that you’re home.”

When I pull back I smile too. I throw a look at Max and he’s smiling proudly of me. “I’m really glad I’m home too,” I tell him.

“So what are you going to do now?” Isabel asks.

“Well actually I saw a job today that I thought I might apply for,” I confess. It was in the want adds this morning and I know I would be perfect for it, I just hope that there already isn’t someone doing the job, I hate it when people advertise jobs when they have the person already lined up.

“What is it?” Max asks.

“It’s working at Roswell Hospital,” I tell them. “I thought I might like to stick around for a while,” I look at him and there is something in his eyes that I don’t recognise and I feel butterflies in my stomach.

“That’s great,” Isabel sequels.

“So when are you going to tell mum and dad?” Alex asks.

“Soon,” I sigh. “It’s just hard you know, I feel like a failure.”

“Don’t be silly Liz, you don’t know how to fail,” he assures me.

“Thank you,” I cry.

I really have the best family in the world. What more could a girl ask for?.

“Thanks for the lift,” I smile at Max as we pull up out the front of my parents place.

“You’re welcome,” he smiles.

I reach to open the door but turn back when I feel Max’s hand on my arm. “I’m glad you’re staying,” he whispers.

“Well it’s not set in stone yet,” I smile back. “I have to find a job.”

“You will,” he tells me.

“Thanks Max.”

I wait for him to remove his hand so I can get out of the vehicle but he doesn’t.

“Do you maybe want to go out sometime?” he asks.

“Like a date?” I grin. He seems so unsure and he looks so cute when he blushes.

“Yeah,” he replies.

“I’d love to,” I can’t remember the last time a guy has made me feel the way Max Evans does.

“Great,” He grins, “So I’ll call you?”

“Ok,” I nod. He takes his hand away then and I slip out of the car. I see the blinds in one of the upstairs windows move as I make my way towards the front of our house and I sigh knowing that its Lindsay spying on us, and I wonder what I’m getting myself into.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Thank you guys I hope you enjoy this part too :D

Five

“What time will you be coming over?” I hear her ask him.

Once again I’m eavesdropping but it seems to be the only way to find out anything around this place. Isabel is no help because her and Lindsay aren’t friends so she has no idea what’s going on between her and Max.

I told her about my date with Max. The date, which is happening tonight. Isabel of course is ecstatic.

I also finally told my parents and Lindsay about my job. They were all surprised and my mum was a little hurt that I hid it from them but once I explained my embarrassment to them they understood.

“I never see you anymore,” Lindsay whines into the phone and I know she’s talking to Kyle. He has been noticeably absent from the house over the past week and a bit and I wonder if its because he doesn’t want to see me.

“It’s not fair,” she cries.

I enter the kitchen discreetly. “Whatever. I’ll see you later,” she snaps and hangs the phone up.

“Sorry to interrupt,” I apologise from the fridge.

“Its fine,” she says.

“Lindsay is everything ok?” I ask.

She turns with a smile planted on her face. “Of course it is,” she fakes.

“Ok,” I nod. I know if she wants to talk to me she will. I don’t know about her life anymore and it’s sad that I feel so distant from my sister but I don’t know what to do to bridge the gap. Lindsay seems so lonely. There are no friends, she’s hardly ever at work, and Kyle doesn’t seem to be around a lot.

“I better go get ready,” I smile indicating the stairs.

“Your going out?” she asks.

“Yeah, with Max,” I tell her.

Her smile wavers but she does her best not to let me notice. “What are you guys doing?” she asks.

“I’m not sure,” I admit.

“So it’s a date?” she asks.

“Yeah,” I blush.

“Oh,” she frowns.

“What?” I ask.

“He just doesn’t seem your type,” she shrugs. “And he’s a little young for you don’t you think?”

Ouch that hurt.

“Same age difference as you and Kyle,” I point out remembering Isabel’s words.

I watch her shrug it off. “I just think it’s different when the female is older. I mean you’re going to want to get married and have kids soon and I doubt a 25 year old guy will be interested in that.”

Why do I get the feeling that she’s trying to talk me out of dating Max?

“Well so far Max and I are working out great,” I point out. “And I think we could be something good if I stay in Roswell.”

“Your thinking of staying?” she’s turned a little paler.

“Yeah I applied for a job yesterday,” I inform her.

“Anyway, I better go get ready. Maybe the four of us can double date soon,” I suggest. It’s the last thing in the world that I want to do but I’m bating her now. I can tell that Lindsay is jealous but what I can’t understand is why.

An hour later Max picks me up at the door with a bouquet of my favourite pink tiger lilies.

“How did you know those were my favourite?” I ask when I get in the car.

I assume he asked Isabel. “I remembered, they’ve been your favourite since you were a teenager,” he blushes.

“Yeah they have,” I smile surprised and wondering how he would remember that.

Max takes me to this quaint little restaurant just outside of town that I didn’t know even existed. The food is Italian and it’s the best I’ve had in a very long time, and I tell him so.

“I’m glad you liked it,” he smiles proudly.

We go for a walk then to get some ice cream and while we’re walking Max takes my hand and I want to squeal. This is the best date I’ve been on in my fifteen years of dating

“Is this weird?” I ask as we sit down on a bench, Lindsay words haunting me.

Max reaches out and tucks a piece of hair behind my ear and studies me. “Not at all. Is that scary?” he replies. One thing about Max and I that I found strange but at the same time completely comforting is that we seem to be on the same wavelength.

“No,” I smile. “But you should know that this is the best date I’ve ever been on,” I tell him.

“Me too,” he replies with a smile that matches my own.

He sits back and wraps an arm around me then. “Does that mean I’m getting a goodnight kiss?” he teases.

“Oh you’re so getting a kiss tonight Evans,” I laugh at him.

We sit in silence licking our ice creams and I think about Lindsay’s words.

“Do you think that I’m too old for you?” I ask him.

He looks surprised by my question. “Would I have asked you out if I did?”

I smile. “Probably not.”

“Do you?” he asks.

I turn my head to the side and think. “I did at first but it doesn’t seem to matter so much now.”

“Why?” he asks.

“I kind of like you Evans,” I shrug. My god, am I flirting with him? I don’t flirt!!!.

He grins at me “That’s good cause I kind of like you too.”

Max drives me home after that and when we reach my parents place he hops out, and after helping me out of the car like a perfect gentleman he walks me to the door.

I’m really nervous now. I promised him a goodnight kiss and even though I really want to kiss him I hope he doesn’t hold me to it.

“I had a really good time,” he whispers.

“Me too,” I reply.

“Can I take you out again?” he asks hopefully.

“Yeah I’d love that,” I admit.

“What are you doing tomorrow?” he asks and I’m shocked he wants to see me again so soon.

“Going out with you?” I flirt and he grins.

“I’ll pick you up at 11 and pack your bikini,” he tells me.

“How do you know I own one?” I tease.

He blushes bright red and I giggle. “I do.”

“Well that’s good.”

Max cups my face then and I lean into his touch. My nerves vanish as he starts leaning in, I place my hands on his chest and waist anxiously. The first touch of his lips is so soft that I almost don’t feel it but soon he is caressing my lips with his own. I shuffle closer to him and wrap my arms around his neck and his own hands instantly wrap around my waist and mould me to his body.

This is a perfect kiss.

He swipes his tongue around my lips and I open to his invitation. Is it wrong to kiss with tongue on the first date? If it is I don’t care. Max Evans is the best kisser. The things his mouth is doing to mine are amazing.

When he steps back I’m left standing with a stupid grin on my face and it makes me even more giddy when I look up and find he had one mirroring it.

“Wow.”

“Um yeah,” he agrees.

“So, good night Liz. I’ll see you tomorrow.” He turns and heads to his car then but before he hops in he turns back and looks at me, a grin still on his face.

I raise a hand and touch my lips not quite sure what just happened. Max Evans took me by surprise but it’s one of the best surprises of my life.

I’m still smiling as I get out of my clothes and into my pyjama’s.

“You look happy?”

I turn and find Lindsay in my doorway. “I am,” I admit.

“So the date went well?” she asks.

“It did,” I smile.

I’m not sure what’s going on with Max and Lindsay but I don’t want it to effect things between Max and I, and right now it appears that Lindsay is the one with the problem not the other way around.

“Are you going to see him again?” she asks.

“Yeah. We’re going out again tomorrow,” I tell her.

“Wow,” she says.

I finish taking off my make up then before I turn to her. “So I haven’t seen Kyle in a few days,” I comment.

I watch her stiffen. “He’s been busy with work.”

“Ok,” I nod. “But if you want to talk you know I’m here for you,” I tell her.

“Thanks,” she smiles. “I’ll let you go to bed.”

“Night Linds.”

“Night Liz,” she replies.

I lay in bed that night, unable to sleep, much of it has to do with my thoughts of Max but there is also Lindsay. I can’t help but think that there is something going on that I don’t know about and I know I have to speak to Max about it. If not I’m going to have doubts and I don’t want to start things with him that way.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone. Thank you so much for supporting this fic, i hope you enjoy this next part.

Six

The next day Max took me on a picnic in Frazier Woods and we set up near the lake where we can swim. I have a wonderful time just being with him so when he asks if I want to come back to his apartment that afternoon I say yes.

“Your place is nice,” I smile as I look around.

It’s a two-bedroom apartment but it isn’t a bachelor pad like I expected. His furniture is nice and homey, and even though there are computers everywhere it’s also very clean. I also notice that there aren’t any photos of his family around.

“I’m glad you like it,” he smiles.

“I thought we could watch a DVD and order some take out,” he suggests.

I grin, “That sounds great.” It’s pretty much how I would describe my perfect night in actually.

We agree on watching Gladiator since we both haven’t seen it in a while. I snuggle up against Max and he wraps his arms around me. When its finished we both hop up and stretch and Max goes to get the take out menus.

Once we decide and order Chinese we sit back down together. “You’ve been quiet,” Max comments.

“Have I?”

“Yeah, which is very unlike you,” he teases.

“Thanks,” I blush.

“Want to tell me what’s wrong?” he asks.

“Isn’t the second date too early to be spilling your guts?” I ask. I don’t want to scare him off.

“Nope,” he shakes his head.

“Ok then,” I sigh. He asked for it.

“I like you, Max,” I tell him. “But I can’t shake the feeling that there is something going on with you and Lindsay.”

He frowns but his nod tells me he understands. “I love my sister and I really hope that you and I can be something but I don’t do second best very well,” there I’ve said it. I’ve put it out there so now I'll sit back and wait for him to respond.

“I don’t do second best very well either,” he says.

“What do you mean?”

Before he can answer there is a knock at the door and Max gets up to retrieve our food. “Lets eat and then we’ll talk,” he suggests.

We’re both quiet through dinner and when we finish Max takes my hand and leads me back to the lounge.

“Firstly, I really like you too Liz, which is why I won’t lie to you. For a while I thought I was in love with Lindsay.”

I frown. “What happened?”

Max sighs and smiles. “A whole lot of shit that I’d rather forget,” he says. “But I know you’re not going to let me off the hook that easy.”

I smile. “You know me too well.”

He caressed my hand with his own and it’s comforting. “I think I always had a thing for her. I mean I was the geeky best friend of one of the most popular girls in school. But Lindsay never looked at me that way, but she also never looked at me as anything more than a friend. When I left for college I decided that I didn’t like who I was so I wasn’t surprised that Lindsay wouldn’t. So I lost the glasses, replaced them for a pair of contacts. I started working out and I started dressing like some of the guys at college.”

I smile at him. “You still remained true to yourself though, you’re still so passionate about computers.”

“Yeah,” he nods.

“So what happened with Lindsay?” I ask.

“Well I heard about Alex’s business and I got in contact with him. He was looking for a partner so I came home,” he informs me. “Of course Lindsay was here, and she was as beautiful as I remembered, and everything I felt for her as a teenager was still there.”

I hate hearing Max talk about having feelings for Lindsay and I have to look away.

His hand reaches out and pulls my face back until I’m looking into his beautiful eyes. It’s like looking into his soul and if I have my way I want to look into them forever.

“But nothing happened” he tells me.

“What?” I find that very hard to believe. Firstly, look at him. He’s gorgeous and there is no way any red-blooded women could resist him. Secondly, Lindsay is very jealous over our relationship, which tells me that she feels a little more than friendship for him.

“We picked up straight away where we left off. As friends. It was great, we’d hang out and then I found out,” he informs me with a frown.

“Found out what?”

“That she was fucking Kyle,” he says.

My eyes go wide. “Surely Kyle knew how you felt?”

I want to think the best of my childhood friend, and believe that he wouldn’t intentionally make the move on his brothers girl, but it sounds like that’s exactly what happened. I bite my tongue from telling Max that I don’t think Kyle even loves Lindsay because I don’t think that will help the situation.

Max chuckled. “Of course he did Liz, why else do you think he did it?”

To tell you the truth even though I considered Kyle one of my best friends in school I never paid attention to Max or their relationship.

“Kyle was the golden boy, Liz. He looked good, was good at sports, he followed my father into law enforcement, he made them proud. I was always the awkward kid who sucked at everything I did except for school, my father cringed when I walked into a room.” He explained.

It didn’t surprise me. Phillip Evans was not my favourite person. He was the sheriff for a very long time, still was as far as I know and he used to make it his business to ensure that every kid in town was scared shitless of him.

“When I came home, I was confident, looked fit, and was about to make a tonne of money. My parents looked at me differently and all of sudden Kyle was trying to out do me.”

“Max,” I sigh, “that’s terrible but Kyle couldn’t have succeeded unless Lindsay wanted him to,” I point out.

“I know,” he says. “She knew how I felt growing up, and about Kyle, and she did it anyway, Liz.” Her continues, and this time it’s his gaze that skitters away from mine.

“I’m sorry Max,” I apologise.

“Don’t be,” he tells me with a smile. “I’m glad I realised the truth before I made a huge mistake and now I have you…”

“Yeah, you do,” I smile.

He seemed pleased by my response and leaned in to capture my mouth in a searing kiss. I feel his hand thread into my hair and I shift forward so that I could get closer to him.

“Liz,” I hear him moan against my lips and I smile.

He makes me feel things I never thought I’d feel and for the first time since I lost my job I’m thankful. I’m in Max’s arms and it feels like the most perfect place to be.

Before I know it I feel myself being lowered onto my back on the couch, and soon Max’s strong body is pressed against me. I wrap my arms around his neck and pull him tightly against me and immediately feel the evidence that I’m the one he wants.

“God Liz,” he groans as he begins to trail kisses down my neck.

“Max,” I whisper out.

He pulls back and slowly peels my tank top off my body. I bite my lip as he gazes over my naked chest, wondering if he will find what he sees attractive.

“You’re beautiful,” he whispers and smiles at me.

“Thank you,” I blush.

His hand is reaching up to cup me but I stop him.

“I know that this is totally worse timing but I need to know,” I say nervously. “I need to know that it’s me you want, not Lindsay.”

He smiles tenderly at me before he leans in and kisses me. “Until you brought her up I hadn’t thought of her,” he tells me. “I want to make love to you.”

I smile. “You do, do you?” I tease.

He blushes when he realises what he says and he looks so cute. “Um, yeah.”

“Good,” I reply boldly and when my reply registers with him he grins at me before taking my mouth again. I release his hand and it cups my breast gently. I arch into touch and moan loudly when he rolls my nipple between his fingers.

He replaces his hand with his mouth then and I run my fingers through his hair and arch into his mouth encouraging him to take more. He sucks my nipples until they’re hard as rocks before he trails his kisses down my stomach.

My eyes snap open when suddenly I don’t feel his mouth on me anymore. I look up and find him staring down at me with a smile. He offers me his hand and I take it without hesitating and allow him to lead me to his bedroom.

As soon as we walk in I lean up and fuse our mouths back together as my hands work at getting his shirt off his body. He pulls back and pulls it off his head before pressing his naked chest against mine.

“God Max,” I moan. I’m feeling like my senses are on over load.

I let me hands fall to his board shorts then and I only hesitate a second before undoing the button and pulling the Velcro apart. They drop to the floor and Max steps out of them as he walks us backwards until my legs hit the softness of his bed.

He kisses me neck as his own hands struggle with the button on my small denim skirt but he gets it eventually and I shimmy out of it leaving me in only the small pair of panties I put on after changing out of my swimmers earlier.

“I want you so bad,” he whispers as his rake up and down my body.

Have I told you how scared and excited I am right now? Well I am. I’ve only had sex a few times and even though at the time I thought I loved Steven I know that I didn’t really. I’ve never felt or needed someone as much as I need Max right now.

He hooks his hands into the side of my panties and pulls then down my long legs. We’re standing in front of each other now completely naked and my eyes go wide when I see his cock for the first time. I have one word for you, MASSIVE.

“You ok?” he asks when he sees where I’m looking.

I can only nod my eyes are still fixated on his erection and wondering how to go its going to fit inside of me.

My eyes rise to meet his then and I blush and smile. “Do you have something?” I ask.

“Um, yeah I think so,” he nods and walks over to his bedside drawer and reaches for something. He sits the foil package on top before moving back towards me. He grins at me right before he swoops in and picks me up, throwing me on the bed before crawling on top of me.

He kisses me gently while his hands work my body into a frenzy. I’m taking my time exploring his body too and let my hand drift down and enclose around his cock.

“God Liz,” he groans when I begin to stroke it.

I feel a hand slide in between my legs and he begins teasing my lips with it.

“Maaax,” I moan.

He dips his digit inside of me and strokes me to the same rhythm I’m stroking him.

I feel the loss of his finger when he pulls it out but don’t complain because he replaces it with the tip of his cock.

“Wait,” I pant in anticipation. “Condom,” I remind him.

Ladies and gentleman I don’t have a life so I had no reason to be on contraceptives before. I’m amazed I even had the strength to stop him from entering me but I just know that I don’t want to be like my sister, pregnant and unmarried.

“Sorry,” he apologises and reaches for it. He sits back on knees and rolls the latex onto his cock and I watch the whole thing in awe.

“You ready?” he asks as he settles back between my legs.

I nod and smile and once again he leads his cock to my folds.

He slips in slowly and I moan as he fills me up inch at a time.

“God Liz, you’re so tight baby,” he hisses.

When he’s buried to the hilt I wrap my legs tightly around his waist and we instantly settle into a feisty rhythm. Max moves in and out of my body at a hard and steady pace and I meet each thrust.

“Yes Max,” I cry as he hits my sensitive spot over and over again. “God you feel so good!”

“You too,” he groans. “I’m not going to last much longer,” he warns me.

“Me either,” I assure him.

“Cum for me Liz,” he whispers then. “I want you to fall apart in my arms moaning my name.”

I shiver at his words knowing I want exactly the same thing.

“Max, Max, Max,” I chant and he begins to pump into me harder and faster. I hold on for the ride moaning at each thrust.

He reaches a hand between us and it only takes a few swipes of his finger over my clit before I feel my whole body contract before pure bliss washes over me.

“AHH…” I scream. “MAX……….AHH YES!”

My walls clamp down on him and with one more powerful thrust Max jerks and cums crying my name out too.

“AHH…Liz!”

He collapses on top of me and I welcome his weight. I know I have a 100-watt smile on my face and when Max looks up at me he has one too.

He kisses me gently before slowly rolling to the side, I watch him remove the condom and dispose of it before he turns and wraps his arms around me.

“That was amazing,” he tells me.

I blush and sink further into his arms. “Yeah it was,” I agree.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you so much for your feedback :D I hope you enjoy this part.

martine
begonia9508
guelbebek
Ellie
Earth2Mama
BehrObsession
Morning Dreamgirl
Poison Ivy
addicted2roswell
Alien614
NorafanofMaxandLiz
Mariael311

Seven

I hear the banging on the front door but I have no idea where it’s coming from. I open my eyes and I look around and realise I’m not in my bedroom at home. Then I remember that I’m at Max’s, in his bed our lovemaking and I smile.

The banging continues.

“Go away,” I hear Max grumble and I giggle.

He pokes one eye open and looks at me. “Hi,” he says.

“Hi,” I grin.

The banging continues.

I watch Max’s movements as he gets out of bed and searches for his shorts and a shirt. “I better get that,” he grins.

“I’ll be here,” I tell him.

Once he’s gone I move closer to his pillow and inhale the scent that is Max. It’s a mixture of Tommy and what I can only assume is sweat from our rigorous activities. I rub my legs together as I think about what we did earlier. Amazing barely covers how it felt.

I lie there for a few more seconds before my curiosity gets the better of me. I wonder who would be knocking on Max’s door at this hour. It’s just after midnight and I realise we’ve been asleep for about an hour.

I look around for my clothes and then I remember that my tank top is actually in the living room so I go through Max’s draws until I find one of his shirts and throw it on. It’s his MIT shirt and I smile. I creep out of the bedroom and down the hall. I can’t see Max but I can hear him talking and I do my best to stay out of sight.

“Come on,” he says, “It’s going to be alright.”

“Ma-Max,” I hear her sob and I realise I know that voice. I take another step, I’m in the open now but I can see around the corner and what I see upsets me slightly. Max is sitting on his couch and Lindsay is sitting on his lap with her head buried against his chest.

“I’m so sorry,” she sobs and he rubs her back lovingly.

“No not lovingly,” I remind myself. “He doesn’t feel that way about her anymore, he told you that himself before he made love to you,” I tell myself.

“What happened?” he asks her.

“I made a big mistake,” she tells him. “Can you forgive me?” she asks.

I can see from the look on Max’s face that he has no idea what the hell she is talking about.

“For what?” he asks.

“For everything,” she cries. “For choosing Kyle, for not seeing how wonderful you are,” she sobs.

I know I should sneak back to the bedroom now before they notice me but I can’t get my feet to cooperate.

“Lindsay…”

I watch as Lindsay finally lifts her head from Max’s chest. “I broke it off,” she tells him.

“What?” Max asks shocked.

“I broke it off with Kyle,” she tells him.

My eyes go wide. Why the hell would she do that? She’s having his child and from everything I’ve seen and heard I thought that Lindsay loved Kyle.

“Why?” Max asks.

“Max,” she whispers and I watch in shock as she starts to lean in to kiss my boyfriend.

I realise that now is my time. It’s the perfect time for me to stake my claim. I might have only been with Max for a few weeks but its long enough to realise that I don’t want to loose him.

I step out of the shadows aware at how my appearance looks. I’m only wearing Max’s shirt and my panties and I’m sure my hair just screams, “you’ve been having wild sex.”

“Max?” I call out.

I watch as both Lindsay and Max’s head snap towards me.

“Hey,” he smiles gently at me.

Lindsay’s eyes go wide “Liz?” she questions. “What are you doing here?” she asks.

“What’s going on?” I ask. I’m biting my lip in nervousness, wondering what Max would have done if I hadn’t interrupted him.

Sensing that I’m slightly confused and upset Max quickly lifts her off his lap and onto the couch beside him.

“Lindsay is just a little upset,” he explains.

“You ok?” I ask her. Even though the main emotion I’m feeling right now is jealousy followed up closely by a little anger I am concerned about my little sister.

I watch as Lindsay takes in my appearance before looking towards Max. I guess it’s the first time she’s looked at him since she barged in and is now seeing the messy hair and the signs of sleep.

“Oh god,” she gasps, her tears returning as realisation sets in.

She jumps up and rushes towards the door.

“Lindsay!” Max and I both call out to her but it’s useless she’s already fled the apartment.

Things with Max and I are awkward after that.

“I should go,” I finally say and step forward to pick my top up off the ground. “You probably should go looking for her.”

“Liz?” Max whispers but I ignore him.

“Liz?” he whispers again but this time he has his hand on my arms and he turns me around.

“I’m sorry, I know that didn’t look that good but its not what you think,” he tells me.

I bite my lip as I search his eyes to see what they’re saying. They’re saying he’s sincere.

“She was going to kiss you,” I whisper.

Max raises his eyebrow and smiles. “You were spying?” he asks.

“I got lonely,” I object.

His grin gets bigger and I respond with one of my own. “Come here beautiful,” he says and pulls me into his arms. He sits down on the couch and pulls me onto his lap.

“She was just upset,” he explains. “Her and Kyle broke up.”

“I heard that,” I nod, “but I also heard the underlying message, which was ‘I broke up with Kyle and I want you now’,” I point out.

“You’re jealous,” he grins.

‘I am not,” I object.

“Yeah you are,” he chuckles. “But that’s ok because it’s soooo cute.”

I sigh, “Ok maybe I am but I feel uneasy Max. Lindsay is my sister and I think her reaction to finding me here says it all. She has feelings for you and now that she realises that you’re off the markets she wants you.”

Max frowns “Liz sweetie, Lindsay chose Kyle. She doesn’t have feelings for me.”

I roll my eyes. “Max she might have chosen Kyle the first time around but now she’s broken up with Kyle to choose you.”

“Well I’m off the market so that’s too bad,” he tells me.

“I wish it was that easy,” I sigh.

“Why isn’t it?” he asks confused.

“Because she’s your best friend,” I tell him. “You’re the person she comes to when she has a problem and if she’s really ended things with Kyle then she’s going to have a lot of problems.”

“Liz, do you trust me?” he asks.

“Yes,” I reply immediately.

He smiles. “Good. Now I want you to listen to me. I like you Liz Parker; in fact I’d go as far to say that what I feel for you is the realest thing I’ve ever felt. Sure Lindsay is my best friend but I’m with you, and our relationship is my first priority. The minute you tell me, or I think my friendship with her is interfering with us then I’ll take a step back.”

I smile and lean in and kiss him. I’m falling head over heels in love with Max Evans and I’m helpless to stop.

“Thank you,” I whisper against his lips. “I do trust you and I want you to know that I’ve never felt for anyone what I feel for you either, which is why I’m so paranoid about loosing you.”

“Don’t be,” he assures me.

We kiss again for a few minutes before Max pulls back. “Let’s go back to bed.”

I nod and then squeal when Max lifts me into his arms and carries me towards his room. Any thoughts of Lindsay have left my mind as I think about making love to my boyfriend all over again.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

Thank you everyone! I hope you all enjoy this new part!

Eight

Its feels like deja vu when I’m woken for the second time in Max’s bed by banging on the front door. It’s nearly four am and when I look over at Max I can tell that he hasn’t yet heard anything. So I get up and throw on Max’s MIT shirt as well as a pair of his boxers and head to the door.

I stand on my tippee toes and look through the peephole before opening, I can tell it’s a man but his head is down preventing me from seeing his face. I open the door a crack but as soon as he sees this he pushes the door open.

“Where the hell is she?” he asks angrily.

I immediately take a step back to avoid being bowled over.

“I know she’s here so don’t bother trying to hide her,” he yells.

“Kyle?” I ask.

When he hears my voice Kyle finally looks over at me, and the anger is his eyes quickly turns into shock.

“Liz,” he says. “What are you doing here?”

I raise a perfectly manicured eyebrow at him. “What are you doing here at four am Kyle?” I ask instead because I think my question warrants an answer first.

I watch as Kyle takes in my appearance and obviously recognises my clothes straight away as being Max’s.

“You’re fucking HIM?” he asks.

I push a strand of hair back behind my ear nervously. That was blunt. “That’s none of your business,” I tell him pointedly.

“I’ll ask again, what are you doing here?”

He shakes his head at me before his eyes scan the room. “Looking for Lindsay. I figured she’d come running to boy wonder.”

I sigh. “Lindsay was here earlier but she left,” I tell him honestly.

He scoffs. “Figures.”

“Kyle,” I say and this time my voice is softer. “What the hell is happening?”

He turns his gaze back to me and if I’m not mistaken he looks hurt. “She broke up with me,” he shrugs.

“That part I got but why?” I ask.

He gives me a half crooked smile, which makes me feel uncomfortable, its like he knows something that I don’t.

“What is it about him Liz?” he asks me.

“Who?” I ask confused.

“My brother. Max,” he cries.

“Kyle, what the hell has gotten into you?” I ask.

“I just don’t get what you see in him Liz. Or is it just that he’s that good in bed?”

I immediately feel my anger flare and am about to rip into him but then Max speaks up before I can.

“What is it that’s got your boxers in a twist Kyle, the fact that Lindsay broke up with you, or that you came here expecting to find her and found Liz instead?” he asks from his spot where he is leaning against the wall and looking sadly at Kyle.

I see Kyle’s eye’s flash with anger. “You see Kyle I’ve got you figured out. I have for a while. You don’t love Lindsay you just took her because you could, and because you knew it would hurt me,” Max continues.

“Is that why your fucking Liz, to get back at me?” Kyle snaps.

I gasp.

Max laughs, “You’d like that wouldn’t you?”

He holds out a hand to me and I go immediately. “I would never do that to someone Kyle. Liz and I are together because we have feelings for each other.”

Kyle turns to me then, there is no anger in his eyes just hurt as he asks. “Is that true? Do you love him?” he asks me.

Do I love Max yet? As soon as I ask myself the question I know the answer and I nod yes to Kyle’s question.

“And what about Lindsay, Max?” he asks then.

“What about her?” Max asks clearly not getting what Kyle is asking.

Kyle laughs bitterly. “Didn’t she tell you when she came running over here tonight?”

I tighten my hold on Max’s hand and as if sensing my anxiety he wraps a hand around my shoulder and pulls me against him. I just know somehow what’s he about to say.

“She broke up with me because she realises you’re the one she wants,” he says. “She wants to be with you and raise our child with you,” he continues bitterly.

“Kyle…” Max starts but she stops just as quickly obviously not sure what to say.

“Does Liz know that you pined over her sister for most of your life, Max?”

We don’t answer we know that Kyle doesn’t expect us to. Both Max and I realise that he’s hurting right now which is why he’s saying the things he is.

Kyle turns his eyes to me then. “He’ll dump you like you’re yesterdays news, the minute she bats her eyelashes at him,” he warns.

He turns and moves towards the door then but before he leaves he turns back around. “If you hurt her Max I’m going to kill you,” he warns.

“I would never hurt Lindsay intentionally, Kyle,” Max replies.

“Not Lindsay, Max,” he shakes his head and then moves his longing look to me before he turns and storms out of the apartment.

When the door slams Max closes his eyes tightly and shakes his head.

“Come on,” I whisper this time, “lets go back to bed.”

We walk hand in hand this time and slip under the sheets together.

Max flicks the lights out and I settle my head on his chest wanting to feel close to him.

“Liz?” Max whispers.

“Yeah?”

“It’s you and me right?”

I smile against his chest. “Yeah Max. It’s you and me,” I assure him.

It’s like Lindsay disappeared off the face of the earth. When I returned home it appeared that nothing was amiss. My parents seemed to believe that Lindsay had gone to visit a girlfriend for a few days and said nothing about her breaking up with Kyle so I played along.

I know it will all come to a head sooner or later but I’m not looking forward to it though. My parents will be furious if Lindsay cancels the wedding. Roswell is a small town and you just don’t have a baby without getting married.

I’m hoping that going away will help her get everything into perspective though. See the one thing I’m confused about it that even though Kyle might not have been head over heels in love with Lindsay she always seemed pretty happy with him.

I told Isabel and she didn’t seemed surprised at all she even went as far to say that she thought Lindsay got pregnant on purpose to trap Kyle but then again Isabel has a strong dislike for my sister and a lot of it stems from the fact that she hurt Max, who Isabel considers a brother.

On a good note though I got the job at the hospital and I start next week. I can’t wait to tell Max.

I pull up out the front of his apartment and grab the bag of groceries that I need to cook dinner for us tonight.

Max grins at me when he answers the door and as soon I’m inside he kisses me passionately causing me to drop the things I was carrying.

“I hope there wasn’t anything breakable in there,” he laughs.

“No,” I shake my head.

“Guess what?” I say then.

“What?”

“I got the job at the hospital,” I inform him.

His eyes go wide before he breaks out in a smile. “You’re staying?”

“I’m staying,” I nod.

“For the job?” he questions.

I bite my bottom lip nervously. “No it’s just a job, Max.”

“Yeah but your work is important to you,” he points out.

“Not as much as you are,” I admit. “I’m staying for you.”

Max wastes no time crushing his lips against mine. I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him back just as hungrily and when he begins leading me towards his bedroom I go eagerly.

An hour later we’re sitting half naked in the kitchen eating the quick dinner I threw together. I can’t wipe the smile off my face as I watch him from across the table and I’m happy to notice that his smile is just as big as mine.

“So what are you going to do now that you’re staying?” he asks. “Are you going to continue to live at home?”

I shake my head. “No, as soon as I’m on my feet I’ll start looking for something.”

I love my parents but there is no way I can live with them again for a long period of time. They’re too nosy about what I’m doing and where I’m going and I’m just not used to that. On top of that I know that things aren’t going to be pretty once Lindsay returns home and I don’t particularly want to be stuck in the middle.

Max looks at me from across the table like he’s contemplating something.

“What?” I ask.

“Move in with me,” he says.

“What!!!” My eyes go wide in surprise. That was the last thing I expected him to say.

He smiles at me. “Well you’re here a lot anyway, it would be pointless to waste money on rent when we spend most of our time together.”

“I don’t know Max,” I reply. Aren’t we moving a tad too fast? We’ve only been dating for a few weeks and I’m contemplating moving in with him. I know that I’m in love with Max but he hasn’t told me that he’s in love with me yet. This still could all blow up in my face and then I’d be homeless.

“Think about it,” he suggests. “You don’t have to do it straight away you can stay at your parents like you planned but all I’m asking is that before you go and get your own place that you seriously consider moving in here with me.”

I can’t help but smile at him, he seems to get me so well and I have no idea how he does it.

“Ok, I promise I’ll think about it seriously,” I assure him.

We continue eating then in silence and when we’re done we wash the dishes up together. It’s playful and I have to admit it’s nice to do normal things with Max.

“Have you heard from Lindsay?” I ask. It seems that Max would be the most obvious choice for her to ring if she was really feeling the way Kyle said she was.

“No not a word,” he replies and I can tell by the tone of his voice that he’s worried about her. I am too.

“You?” he asks.

“Not a word. I’ll give Kyle a ring later and see if he’s heard from her,” I sigh. I don’t really want to talk to Kyle but my concern for my sister is out weighing my need to avoid him.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Thank you everyone for your feedback, i hope you enjoy this part :D

Earth2Mama
guelbebek
begonia9508
Alien614
Luzser1800
frenchkiss70
Mariael311
clueless
NorafanofMaxandLiz
martine
BehrObsession

Nine

Over the next few days I find myself spending more and more time at Max’s and the idea of moving in with him is becoming more appealing. I head home this morning after he left for work deciding it’s time to get some much needed laundry done. I’m just pulling into the driveway when Lindsay’s car pulls up too and she hops out with a duffel bag over her shoulder.

“Hi,” I greet her.

She ignores me and walks past me into the house.

Inside my mother is welcoming her home and offers to make her a cooked breakfast. I shake my head and make my way to my room, if only my parents knew the truth.

When I head back downstairs to the laundry Lindsay is in the kitchen alone. “Glad you’re back, we were worried about you.”

I wait for an answer but I don’t get one.

“Are you going to ignore me forever?” I ask.

“Like you care where I’ve been Liz, you’re just glad that I was gone and out of your way,” she snaps.

“Why would I want you out of the way?” I ask dumbfounded. “You’re my sister and I love you. I was worried that you’d taken off,” I inform her. “So was Max,” I add.

“Don’t you dare talk to me about Max,” she yells at me. “Do you think because you’ve fucked him a few times that you know him? That you have a single clue about me and Max?”

I’m taken back by the tone in her voice and the things that’s she’s trying to imply.

I didn’t want to believe that what Kyle said the night he showed up at Max’s apartment looking for Lindsay was true but it appears that they are. Lindsay has feelings for Max and she wants him.

“I don’t know what you think you’re doing Liz but Max isn’t your type. So stay the hell away from him,” she demands then. It’s like I’m 10 again and my five year old sister is having a temper tantrum because she wants the Barbie I’m playing with.

“No,” I reply. “Better yet why don’t you stay away from Max, Lindsay, and concentrate on fixing your relationship with Kyle, the father of your child,” I mock. “I think you’ve hurt Max more than enough.”

I watch her face go red with anger from my words. “Max loves me Liz, you’re just a poor imitation of what he really wants, just remember that,” she tells me before she storms out of the room.

I sigh and pick up my laundry and continue on with the task at hand.

Moving out seems like the perfect solution right now.

I hesitate pressing send on the text message.

Lindsay is home. It doesn’t say much but at the same time it says a lot. I know Kyle probably has no idea that she’s back yet.

In a way I’m being very selfish right now. I’m scared that Lindsay is right, that deep down Max still loves her, will always love her and when she goes to him that he’ll take her into his arms. So by sending this message to Kyle I’m putting a giant obstacle in their path, I’m using Kyle as interference.

I hit send.

I’m not surprised when fifteen minutes later I hear screeching tyres out the front. I look out the window and Kyle has pulled up in one of the Sheriff’s vehicles.

I hear Kyle enter and I’m trying to eavesdrop on the conversation he is having with Lindsay downstairs but I can’t hear a word so I go back to what I was doing before Kyle arrived. Packing.

Yes, I’ve decided to move in with Max. Another whim, which is probably based on fear but at the same time I just have a feeling that this is the right thing for Max and I at the moment.

I hear the voices getting louder downstairs and move back to the door to listen but before I can get there I hear the familiar tune of Watching You, which is my cell ring.

“Hello,” I answer.

“Hey beautiful,” his deep sexy voice replies and I smile.

“What are you doing?” he asks.

“It’s a surprise,” I reply.

“Really,” he chuckles “Am I going to see you tonight?”

Kyle and Lindsay’s voices get louder and I have to shut the door now so I can hear Max.

“What’s that?” he asks.

I sigh. “Kyle and Lindsay,” I reply.

“She’s home?” he asks.

“Got home this morning,” I inform him.

“Should I come over?” he offers.

“No, I think that’s a very bad idea,” I answer.

“Why?”

“I’ll tell you about it tonight,” I assure him, “but just take my word for it when I say that you would only make things worse right now.” It’s the truth. I’m not lying at all. Lindsay and Kyle need to have this out, it needs to be about the truth, their feelings, and their child. Not about Max and certainly not about me.

“Ok,” he says hesitantly. “But if it gets out of control…”

“I’ll call Alex right away,” I assure him with a smile.

“Right,” he chuckles.

“See you tonight?” he asks.

“Of course,” I grin.

“Bye beautiful,” he whispers.

“Bye,” I whisper back.

It takes me about an hour to get my stuff together. I heard Lindsay’s door slam about a half an hour ago followed by the front door and assume the coast it clear. I’m safely out the front door when I almost trip on the person slumped on the front steps.

I look down and Kyle is sitting with his head in his hands and he looks absolutely exhausted and lost.

He looks up when he hears me and I offer him a small smile.

“You ok?” I ask.

It’s a stupid question, of course he’s not, or otherwise he would have gone back to work instead of sitting on our front porch like a lost puppy.

“How did I stuff things up so badly?” he whispers.

I put my bag down and sit beside him. “I don’t know. Why don’t you tell me what’s going on and I’ll tell you what it is that you’ve done wrong,” I say.

He sighs. “I do love her,” he tells me and I know he’s telling me the truth. “I just wasn’t ready for all this with her,” he admits.

I nod. I’m so glad to hear him say that because it means that their relationship is worth saving. “She says I’m never around and that’s not the type of life she wants for her and the baby but I’m working my ass off here to pay for everything, Liz,” he confesses. “God, doesn’t she realise that my apartment isn’t going to be big enough for her and the baby to move into, and then there is all the stuff that a baby needs, I’m taking as much overtime as I can get.”

“Did you tell her that?” I ask.

“I tried but she’s already made up her mind,” he says sadly.

“Which is?” I prompt.

“That Max can give her the type of life she wants and needs,” he spits out.

I sigh. “Kyle you have to see that this isn’t Max’s fault,” I point out. “He’s not chasing Lindsay or trying to come between you, this is all her.”

I can’t believe I’m defending my boyfriend over my sister.

Kyle looks at me. “Why’d you get involved with him, Liz?” he asks sadly.

“You can’t help who you fall for Kyle, you of all people should know that,” I reply in a whisper.

I’m referring to the fact that Kyle started dating Lindsay when he knew how Max felt about her and he knows that.

“Does he feel the same about you?” he asks me.

“I think so,” I reply. “God I hope so,” I add with a chuckle.

“Why couldn’t you love me Liz?” he whispers hurt.

“Is that what you really want? Would you take back everything with Lindsay and your baby for me?” I pray that he tells me no.

He sighs. “No,” he shakes his head.

“Max and I aren’t doing this to hurt anyone. We just want to be happy,” I tell him.

“What happens now?” he asks. “Do I just step back and let her be happy with him?”

“Hello no!” I cry. “If Lindsay thinks she can waltz on in and steal Max she has another thing coming,” I say angrily.

Kyle smiles.

“Look Kyle, Max was really hurt for a very long time by what the two of you did to him. He had feelings for Lindsay and he thinks you only went out with her to spite him”

Kyle looks away. “Please tell me that’s not the truth?”

He sighs. “It might have been at first but I grew to love her Liz,” he says.

I nod. “She chased me by the way so Max can hardly blame me for that, Lindsay had been giving me the come on for years.”

That doesn’t surprise me she always had the biggest crush on him when we were kids.

“Do you think you can sort this out?” I ask him.

“I’m not sure,” he admits. “I guess she’ll come crawling back with her tail between her legs if Max tells her to get lost, and I hope he does Liz. Not just for my sake but for yours too.”

I nod. “She thinks he’s only using you to make her jealous,” he tells me then.

“What do you think?” I ask wanting his honest opinion. I mean these two people know Max a lot better than I do.

He smiles. “I think he was probably helpless to fall head over heals in love with you.”

“Thank you,” I whisper.

“Where are you going anyway?” he says then looking at the bag at my feet.

“To Max’s,” I giggle. “He asked me to move in you know?”

“Really?” Kyle says surprised.

“Yeah,” I nod and smile.

“Don’t give up Kyle,” I encourage as I get to me feet. “But at the same time don’t let her use you, she’s been allowed to get her way for way too long.”

“I know,” he nods.

“See ya,” I smile.

“Bye Liz,” he replies.

I hurry to my car after that desperate to get to Max’s when I want to fall into his arms and never leave. I’m no longer scared about loosing him, I’m now ready, and raring to fight for the man I love.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: HI everyone, thank for the feedback!

Ten

I let myself into Max’s apartment with the key he gave me a couple of days ago. I place my bag in his bedroom and wait for him to come home, which shouldn’t be too much longer.

An hour later I’m still waiting for him and I’m starting to get a little worried. I dial his cell but it goes straight to voice mail. I ring his phone at work and it rings out.

“Where is he?” I ask myself as I look out the window.

Ten minutes later he opens the door to the apartment. He looks tired and so far he hasn’t looked up and spotted me sitting on the couch. I stand up.

I watch his face cloud with shock when he spots me and I instantly feel my stomach turn. Something is wrong.

“Liz, what are you doing here?” he asks.

I push a strand of hair back nervously. “Oh I let myself in with the key you gave me, I thought that would be ok. I can go if you like.”

He shakes his head and manages a smile for me as he places his computer bag down and throws his keys and wallet down on the kitchen bench.

“It’s fine,” he assures me. ”I just didn’t realise we had plans tonight.”

“Well you asked me earlier would you see me tonight so I just assumed…” I feel really stupid now. But at the same I feel like I’m staring at a stranger. This was not the Max I had a conversation with on the phone a few hours ago.

“Max, is everything ok?” I ask.

He looks up at me and smiled. “It’s fine, why?”

“Because you’re acting strange,” I say.

“I’m sorry,” he apologises and walks towards me and gives me a soft and quick kiss on the lips.

I feel tears spring to my eyes. Its like all my worst fears have come to life. Its obvious what’s going on here, he’s changed his mind and he doesn’t have the guts to tell me.

I take a step back and then I turn and head towards his bedroom where I left my bag. I’m not going to stay where I’m not wanted so I pick it up and make my way towards the front door.

“I’ll get out of your hair,” I tell him. “Bye Max.”

I’m half way out the door when his voice stops me. “Liz, wait!”

I turn and look at him. “What?” I ask.

“Where are you going?” he asks perplexed.

“You didn’t seem much in the mood for company so I thought I’d go,” I inform him.

His eyes are on the large bag in my hands. “What’s that?” he asks.

I blush bright red and shake my head. “Nothing it was stupid,” I tell him. “I’m just going to go,” I add.

“Please don’t,” he sighs.

I stop. I want to scream at him and ask him what the hell he wants. He’s all cold and what are you doing here one second and the next he’s asking me to stay.

His hand covers mine over the bag in my hands and he gently pulls it out of my grasp.

“Whoa that’s pretty heavy,” he laughs. “What’s in it?” he smiles.

I shrug. “My stuff,” I tell him.

I see him stop as realisation dawns in his eyes. This is not how I pictured him reacting when I said, “Guess what babe I decided to move in.”

“You’re moving in?” he smiles.

“I-I don’t know,” I stutter out.

He frowns at me. “What do you mean you don’t know?”

“Why are you acting this way?” I cry. “Its like one second you don’t want me here and the next you’re asking me to stay, what’s going on?”

He places my bag down on the ground and he swiftly walks towards me and takes me into his arms.

“You’re right,” he sighs. “I’m so sorry baby.”

“If you’ve changed your mind just tell me,” I whisper against his chest.

I hear him chuckle. “No I haven’t changed my mind. I just had a shit afternoon and I took it out on you. I’m so sorry baby,” he confesses.

I pull back and look in his eyes. “What happened?” I ask.

I want him to feel like he can come home and tell me this stuff. That’s what people do when they live together and they’re having a relationship.

He takes my hand and pulls me towards the lounge, I sit down close to him, and he takes my hand.

“Lindsay came by to see me this afternoon,” he confesses.

“Oh,” I frown. She must have left just after me which means that Kyle obviously didn’t talk to her again. Not that I can blame him.

“She wanted to talk so we went to the park,” he admits.

“Ok,” I nod encouraging him to go on.

He looks away with a guilty look and I my first instinct is to pull my hand away.

“What happened?” I ask.

Max looks back to me and his eyes have a few tears in them. “She kissed me,” he admits.

I gasp. “But you didn’t kiss her back right?” I ask.

He doesn’t answer me he just looks away. “Max?”

“I’m sorry,” he whispers.

A sob escapes me as I stand up. “How could you?” I ask in a small whisper.

“I didn’t mean for it to happen,” he replies.

I turn my back on his so that he can’t see the endless stream of tears falling but I’m sure the shaking of my shoulders is enough of an indication that I’m crying.

“I’m so sorry baby,” he whispers. I feel him stand up and move behind me. He doesn’t reach out to touch me though and I’m no sure if that’s worse.

“Please let me explain?” he pleads.

“What’s there to explain. Kyle was right. The minute she batted her eyelashes at you, you went running. You told me that it was me you wanted to be with, that you were over her and the minute I turn my back and let my guard down you go to her,” I cry as I turn on him. I feel my anger surging to life right now.

See the thing is I’ve already invested my heart in this relationship and it hurts enough that the first time I’ve done that in my life that it backfires on me, but even more so that my sister did this intentionally to hurt me.

“That’s not true,” he objects.

I shake my head and laugh bitterly. “You kissed her Max, isn’t this the part where you tell me your sorry but you just can’t help the way you feel?”

He doesn’t answer me and that says it all. I walk over to my bag and I pick it up and head back towards the door. I’m not going home but I know that I can no longer stay here either.

“Where are you going?” he asks slightly alarmed. Did he really expect me to stay?

I shrug. “What does it matter?” I tell him. “Coming back to Roswell was the biggest mistake of my life,” I add then and I walk out the door.

I throw my bag in the boot before I climb behind the wheel of the car. Instead of starting it though I collapse against the wheel and I sob.

Max POV

I watch in shock as Liz walks out of my apartment and out of what I’m sure is my life for good. God, I’m the world’s biggest idiot. She had no idea how wrong she is. She is the one I want. The minute I kissed Lindsay back today I knew it but how am I supposed to prove it to, to make her realise that. There is no way she’ll ever trust me again.

I also realise that I can’t let my chance slip away.

I race to the kitchen bench and grab my keys before I run out of the apartment towards the car park, my focus on getting into my jeep and finding her. I reach the car park and stop in my tracks when I find her car still in the car park with her sitting behind the wheel.

She looks up and sees me and I can see the panic in her eyes. She starts the car and I realise then that this is my chance. I place my hands on the bonnet of the car.

“Liz,” I say. “Please stay,” I plead.

She hesitates for a couple of seconds but it’s long enough for me to walk around to the drivers side window. She unwinds it but she wont look at me.

“Baby, please don’t go,” I beg. “Please let me explain?”

“You want me to stay?” she asks shocked.

“I want you,” I whisper.

I see the minute she gives in to my words. She slumps against the seat in defeat and I reach in the turn the ignition off before opening the door and offering her my hand. Liz takes it reluctantly and I pull her from the car and lead her back to my apartment.

Once inside the apartment I lead her to the couch and I go to get her a glass of water. She isn’t saying anything and I feel my heart break at the broken look on her face because I know it put it there.

I hand her the glass and I sit down next to her and take a hand. I take a deep breath before I start.

I was finishing up to get ready to leave for the day when my cell rings.

“Hello?”

“Max, hi it’s Lindsay.”

“Hi,” I reply shocked.

“I was hoping we could talk?”

“Um sure ok, when?” I ask.

“Will you meet me in five minutes at the park?”

I look at my watch and hesitate. I was hoping to see Liz tonight.

I sigh. “Ok.”

Lindsay is waiting for me by the swings. I shouldn’t be surprised we used to spend a lot of time there as kids. I used to go to get away from my controlling father and my perfect brother. I’m not sure why Lindsay spent so much time there.

“Hi,” I greet her.

“Hi,” she smiles.

I notice that her stomach has gotten bigger and for the first time since I found out she was pregnant I can tell.

“How’s everything?” I ask.

“We’re doing ok,” she replied patting her stomach.

“Good,” I nod.

“Walk with me?” she asks and I nod.

I don’t find it odd when she links her arm with mine because its something we’ve done for a long time.

“I’ve been really stupid,” she starts. “I’ve made a lot of mistakes and I’m glad that I still have the chance to fix them before the baby arrives”

“Kyle will forgive you,” I try to assure her.

Lindsay stops and looks up at me. “Not Kyle,” she tells me. “You,” she whispers.

“Lindsay…”

“I’ve always had feelings for you Max but they scared me. I wasn’t ready to be what you wanted me to be but I am now.”

“You’re having my brothers baby,” I point out.

“I am and Kyle will be a part of their life but that doesn’t mean I have to be with him,” she replies.

“Lindsay what are you saying?” I ask.

“I love you Max and I’m ready to commit to it all with you. I was stupid not to realise what you mean to me before but I will never be that stupid again,” she declares.

I watch in shock as she leans in and presses her lips against mine. I don’t respond immediately but when I feel her wet tongue swipe my lower lip I instinctively open. I’m not sure how long we stand in the middle of the park kissing but a thought of Liz flashes through my mind and I instantly pull back.

“We can’t do this,” I pant.

Lindsay strokes me chest and smiles, “Yes we can Max. Sure Kyle and Liz will be hurt for a while but they’ll eventually see that this is for the best. You and I belong together just like they belong together.”

“So that’s what happened,” I tell her.

She nods her head. “So where does that leave us?” she asks.