Promised(AU M/L Mature/Adult)COMPLETE 5/28/05

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Promised(AU M/L Mature/Adult)COMPLETE 5/28/05

Post by Maxsgurl »

Space Background from http://classic.tere-art.com

Title: Promised

Author: Jennifer [ScrtDrms]

Rating: Mature/Adult

Category: M/L

Disclaimer: I do not own anything, Roswell Characters are Jason’s…he did such a good job!
Summary: Ok. So This is placed on Antar. Max is the Prince, and he has grown up with Lady Liz Parker a close family friend who is secretly betrothed to him. What happens when the secret is revealed and who accepts it or not.

Prelude:

“I don’t care! I don’t want to marry him! Find someone else. I don’t care from where…hell go to a different galaxy for all I care!” I yell running down the hallway to my room.

“Liz sweetie, this has been in place since before you were born! You can’t just deny your betrothal! Come on, give it a chance, for me?”

“For you? What about for me mom? If you want these families joined so much, you fucking marry the ass!” I storm into my room and slam the door. I walk and lay down on the bed, I jump up and run to the door.

“And by the way…what the hell would have done if I was a boy? Ever think about that!” I yell at my mothers retreating form before slamming the door so hard I shatter the glass windows surrounding it.

Just great, just fucking great. First my betrothal to that bastard of a prince and now I broke the damn glass. My life sucks! I walk over to the door and quickly use my powers to restore the broken glass. Well at least some things can be fixed with powers.

The Next day

I woke up this morning and just lay in bed for a few minutes. Let me tell you how my life ended up as bad as it is. It apparently started 18 years ago…

My father was the personal advisor to King Philip of Antar. When Queen Diane announced that she was expected the fist Heir to the throne of Antar the whole planet was thrilled. My mother become the official midwife of the queen and my parents actually moved into the palace to help with preparations of the baby’s birth. Through the 9 months of her pregnancy, Queen Diane became close friends with my mother and they started really depending on each other for a lot of things.

When the heir was born my mother was right there to help the Queen. Maxwell Zander Evans was born healthy and a surprise to everyone, Isabel Vilandra Evans was also born that day, all the planet was happy. Because of both my parents close friendships with the royal couple, the King made arrangements for a mansion to be built on the palace grounds for my parents.

When the heirs were born my mother discovered that she was 3 months pregnant with me and because of the close relationships with the royal family, once again the whole planet was thrilled. Six short months later, I Elizabeth Claudia Parker was born.

My whole life was spent with the royal family. As a group we would celebrate holidays and special occasions knowing that without having to ask that we were to join the King, Queen, Prince, and Princess at the palace for a huge ball. Prince Max and I were always thrown together even when we didn’t want to be. At the ball the first and last dances were always reserved for each other no matter what. I remember that I was dancing with a prince from a neighboring system and was pulled roughly from him by my father to dance with prince max. "There is no excuse under the 2 suns of Antar for not dancing with my prince" as my father likes to remind me.

Last night was Prince Max and Princess Isabel’s birthday and so naturally I had to attend the ball. Once I entered the ball room I was pulled to the dance floor by Max so that the party could get stared. One the dance was over, Max ran off with his latest girlfriend and I went off to find my two best friends Alex and Maria.

“Hey Lady Parker…that dress looks amazing on you! I’m surprised hat Max actually let you go!”

“Alex. If you call me Lady Parker one more time, you’ll be wearing this dress. And Max didn’t even notice, he was to busy trying to get back to what’s her name…” I say as I turn to search for Max and find him making out with Nicole in the corner…yeah I know her name…but it is harder to keep track of the girls he has been with. Lets see, there was Pam, Jessica, Melissa, Becky, Ava, Mary, Colette, Barb, Jenny…

“Liz? Are you in there?” Maria asks snapping me out of my thoughts

“Huh? Oh yeah sorry. Hey you guys want to go and get out of here? Its not really the social scene tonight”

“You know you can’t leave Liz. You have to dance the last song with Max. If you left your father would kill you” Alex reminds me leaning is so that no one can hear us.

“Relax Alex. The party ends at 10. We just got to get back at 9:45 so that I can can dance with the King, my dad and finally that jackass Max” I say as I am walking out of the ball room with my friends following quickly.

Alex, Maria and I went and hung out in my room. There was no other place we could go without needing a ride, and that would have alerted my parents to my absence. At 9:45 I reluctantly walked back into the ballroom just as King Philip was descending the throne and walking to my father. Even though he has been like a second father to me, the King still respects my father and asks his permission to dance with me. As my father nods his approval, the King looks my way and smiles.
"3 songs and I’m out of here!" I think as I smile back and walk to meet the King in the middle of the dance floor.

“So Liz, when are you and Max planning to more forward?” What the hell is he talking about?

“I’m sorry, Moving forward your majesty? I don’t think I really understand what you mean?” I ask completely confused

“Oh you know My Lady. The betrothal. When do you plan on announcing it? We should be making plans soon.”

“I’m sorry what betrothal? Your highness….what are you talking about…” but before I could get my answer, the song ends and my father taps the King’s shoulder asking to cut in.

“You look amazing tonight Liz. You really are very beautiful.” My father says as we start to dance.

“Thanks dad. Look the king just asked me something, and I don’t know what he was talking about. Dad, what is going on? The king asked me about announcing my betrothal? To Max?”

I roll my eyes. “Dad? I take your silence as a sign you know what he is talking about. What the fuck is going on!” I say trying not to make a scene, this is the palace after all.

“Elizabeth Claudia Parker. Do not use that language here or in my presence. But yes, I know something about it. You and Max have been betrothed to be married since before you were born”

“WHAT!! NO! I will not marry him! You can’t make me!” Ok. Not the most mature response but come on!

“Liz, I know this is a shock, but can we talk about this later? This is a party after all. Lets enjoy it!” My father says as he kisses my cheek and turns me around right when Max is walking towards me. “Dance with him Elizabeth and be kind.”

“Liz.” WHAT AN ASS!

“Max.” my tone matching my annoyed face

“The last dance, we made it through another one of my parents lame balls. Now that I am 18, I plan on standing up to him and ending this stupid tradition. That way we can go on with our lives and dance with other people.”

“I don’t think that will be happening anytime soon your highness. Max, did you know anything about…”

“Elizabeth!” Why do parents always know when you’re talking about something they don’t want you too?

“What’s wrong Liz?” Max asks…wow he actually seems interested in what I was going to say…that’s a first

“Nothing Max. I’m sure it will come out sooner or later.” I say and we finish the dance in silence

“Thank you for the dance your highness” I say as I bow and walk away to a waiting Alex and Maria.
Last edited by Maxsgurl on Sat May 28, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 42 times in total.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 2

Post by Maxsgurl »

Wow...Thanks so much for the feedback you guys! This is my first story, so along the way I may need your ideas and support to see this through! Again thats so much for your support in this story, it was just an idea I had and with all your approval I believe I will continue...here is the new chapter...I hope you like it and I will be updating chapter 3 soon...very soon!

Ch. 2

~Max~

I am the crowned Prince Maxwell Zander Evans of Antar. I am the oldest heir to the throne. I am my parents pride and joy; the people of Antar adore me. Ok…I’m a little cocky, but hey I’ve grown up into a life of privileges and no one will deny me anything. Well, except Liz Parker. She denies me the time of day. I’ve grown up with Liz. Being six months younger than me, I’ve known Liz her whole life. And up until we turned 16, believe it or not, we were close friends.

Liz and I were inseparable. You would think that being a girl, Liz would have been friends with Isabel, but that never really happened. As soon as Liz could walk my parents told us she followed me everywhere, and I would gladly take her. We attended our studies together and even looked forward to the holidays and ball we had at the Palace. We have pictures of Liz and I dancing from those times…we actually looked happy to be with each other. Now, it takes a serious bribe to get us to smile any where near each other.

You’re probably wondering that if we were so close, what happened to change that? Well that is an easy answer…I happened. I realized that I am the crowned Prince of Antar. I have a right to some privileges, and one of those privileges is the Lady’s of the Court of Antar. The Lady’s of Antar’s Court are raised to be Queens. Their only purpose in life is to please the heir to the throne, and that is me. Again…I am cocky…but I’m a prince damn it.

When we turned 16, I realized that I could be with any girl on Antar, and perhaps most from other planets. This intrigued me, especially the fact that the one girl that I was around all the time, treating me like a normal person…not the prince that I am. Liz wasn’t interested in Prince Maxwell, she seemed to like hanging out with Max…the guy. When we were around other girls, Liz would get uncomfortable. She confessed later that she didn’t like the way the girls glared at her and threatened her. I loved it…so I naturally would bring Liz to other balls where this empowering feeling could be explored. Liz caught on to my plans quickly and stopped talking to me. At first she would still come to the balls with me, and when the other girls would approach me, Liz would excuse herself to talk to another prince. I don’t know why but this pissed me off. So I started to date the other girls. I would bring them to the Palace and flaunt them around Liz, until we couldn’t even be in the same room with each other anymore.

During holidays, Liz and I would have to be together for the sake of our parents, so we would plaster fake smiles and small talk but other than that, neither of us tried to reconcile our friendship. I was busy using my birth right to my full advantage, while Liz was off making new friends and living her own life…hell I don’t even know what makes her tick anymore…

Anyway. Today was my 18th birthday ball. Before the ball I tried to get my parents to let me choose who I danced my first and last dances with but I don’t get the answer I was looking for. My parents mentioned something about a commitment I made…I don’t know I wasn’t really listening…I was watching the Lady’s of the Court enter the ballroom in their formal attire. But I did hear something about a private meeting with the Parkers tomorrow…boy death glances from Liz, 2 days in a row…I really am blessed!

I walked from the throne as Liz entered the ballroom and quickly grabbed Liz and dragged her to the dance floor. We didn’t even look at each other. I was busy looking over her head to the other Lady’s in the room and she was probably looking for an escape. The last few balls, Liz is only present for the first and last 3 songs. The time in-between no one can find her. But I really don’t care…during those times I can dance and charm my way into any young Lady’s heart.

During the last dance, Liz seemed distracted. Not from the dance itself, but from keeping a wall around her emotions. Liz never lets me see her anymore…excepted for the hate and anger she has for me…those are loud and clear. She hides herself from me. But during the last dance…her walls were down, I saw complete confusion, uncertainty, and anger in her eyes...and for once they were not aimed at me. She tried to tell me but her father stopped her. Liz didn’t speak the rest of the dance and that was fine with me. I’m not good with uncomfortable small talk; I’m used to not having to try with girls. With Liz she never makes the first move. After she left, Lord Jeff told me that they would be at the palace at 10 for breakfast tomorrow and then the families would need to have a talk. I rightfully pass the message to my parents, who shared a nervous look between them…this does not feel good.
Last edited by Maxsgurl on Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 3

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hey Guys! Again thank you for the feedback! I hope you guys like the new part! I think the story is getting very interesting and I hope you all agree!

Ch. 3
The Next Day

Breakfast was uneventful. The King, Queen, Lord and Lady Parker, Max and Liz, all sat around the palace dining table with little conversation between them. Everyone understood that the talk they were going to have was not for the breakfast table. It was unspoken that it was going to be discussed in the meeting room without the palace staff and guards to hear what was happening.

As the kids sat down on the couch in the meeting room, the adults nervously paced around Liz and Max on the couch.

“Ok guys, what’s up? Can you please tell us what is going on here?” Max ask getting dizzy from all the movement.

“What? Max doesn’t know either?! How could this be in place without either of us knowing about it?” Liz yells from her seat next to Max.

“Wait, what does Liz know that I don’t?” Max ask.

“Max, Liz and you are betrothed”

“WHAT?!? Dad, what do you mean betrothed?” Max ask completely confused.

“Oh this is great! The future king doesn’t even know what betrothed means! There goes Antar as we know it!” Liz says from the couch.

“Hey! You know what; I am tired of your bullshit lately! Excuse me, if I’m a little confused that how something in my life as to deal with you!” Max yells jumping from the couch.

“You dick! Why are you yelling at me! You should yell at your parents. They instituted this situation.” Liz rebuffs.

“Enough!” The King yells using his authority to calm them down. “Liz, Max sit down and shut up!”

Liz plops down on the couch and folds her arms across her chest. Max calmly sits down next to her and rest his hands in his lap.

“Now let us explain. When you were born Max, you followed Nancy around during her pregnancy. You wanted little to do with anything unless it involved Nancy. Once Liz was born you left Nancy’s side and focused on Liz. You doted over her like a father. She would follow you everywhere and you welcomed her company. We thought our decision to betroth you two was good until you hit your teens and your friendship was failing. We decided to not tell you about our decision and see if you found each other again. Liz, because you are a Lady of the Court of Antar, I thought you had an idea of your place in Max’s life. That is the only reason I mentioned it. I’m sorry if I confused or upset you, it was not my intention.” The King explained.

“Your majesty, I know my place in the Antar Court, but I was told we still had a choice in the matter. Max and I have no interest in each other. We can’t stand each other” Liz says looking at Max for confirmation.

“Max, how do you feel about this?” Liz’s dad asks.

“I don’t know Jeff. I mean I knew my bride would be chosen or at least a group would be assigned for me to choose from but why Liz? Was it just because of your friendship with my parents?” Max asks rubbing his temples.

“Well…no not exactly. Max we betrothed you because you picked Liz” The Queen says.

“Wait…what do you mean he picked me?” Liz asks getting confused.

“When I was pregnant with you, as the king said, Max was always with me. One day we were playing and he crawled to me, lifted my shirt and touched my stomach. When he did I got flashes of the bonding ceremony and then I looked at Max. His hand was glowing and when he removed his hand the Royal seal was on my stomach. The seal soon appeared to be dissolved into my stomach. I quickly told the King and Queen and we decided that since you chose Liz, we would make it official.” Nancy explained

“So I sent her the seal. That doesn’t mean I was choosing her! I could have just been introducing myself” Max says.

“Oh yeah I’m sure. ‘Hey I’m the Prince, what’s up?’ Max is that the only way you see yourself?” Liz asks

“Ok look. There is a way to prove this. Liz stand up please…” Liz followed the Queens order. “Lift your shirt up…”

“What?”

“Your shirt. Lift it up, it’s ok.”

“O-ok” Liz said looking embarrassed. She lifted her shirt to expose her sooth stomach.

“Ok, Max stand next to Liz” Max could barely keep his eyes off of Liz, as she stood there showing her skin to Max. But he followed his mothers command.

“Touch Liz…here.” The Queen said pointing to the side of Liz’s waist.

“WHAT?!?” Both Liz and Max asked nervously.

“It’s ok…just do it and watch”

“O-ok” Liz says nodding for Max to continue.

Max mouthed a “sorry” to Liz as he reached his hand to touch her bare skin. But before he could actually touch her, the Royal Seal began to shine from Liz’s side.

“Oh my god!” Liz gasped.

“What the fuck" Max said before realizing his company. "oh..sorry.."

“Now do you believe us…Max knowing or not you picked Liz. You branded her with your seal” The King said.

“Is there anyway to reverse it? The betrothal and the brand?” Liz asks rubbing her side. Max tries to hide his hurt and shock.

She doesn’t want to be bounded to me? Max thought as he grabbed Liz’s hand from her side and pulled her shirt back down. Liz looked up at Max sweetly and then gently smiles and walks to the couch.

“Well, the betrothal can be reversed, but I don’t know of a way to reverse Max’s choice, unless he chooses too” The King says

“Well, Max doesn’t want me, so he already changed that right?” Liz states hopefully.

“Liz, sweetie, the seal is still present. Obviously Max has still chosen you..” Lord Jeff says.

“Max?” Liz turns to ask Max…but the meeting room door is open and Max is no where to be found.

Life just got really complicated Liz thought.
Last edited by Maxsgurl on Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 4

Post by Maxsgurl »

A/N: Hey everybody! Thanks for the feedback, Its cool to hear different peoples opinions on my Liz and Max characters. Feel free to give your ideas too! I like being able to please my audience! Also feel free to comment on your reactions, good or bad! I won't get offended! The song that Liz sings is from an old T.V. show: Lambchop and friends...or something like that. I realise that some areas may not have had that show...so just replace the song with any really annoying little kids songs...ok? Thanks Guys you are really great! :D :!:

Ch. 4

~Liz~

“Max? Are you in here?” Liz called out into the familiar palace room.

Liz noticed the room had not changed much since the last time she was in here. She walked towards the white grand piano in the middle of the room. Liz slid her hand over the smooth surface remembering the countless hours spent in here when she was younger…

“Max, stop fooling around and show me how to play the song…” Liz shouted over Max’s laughing and fooling around on the piano.

“Liz, come on. Why do you want to learn that lame song anyway?” Max asks as he tried to regain his composure and sits back down on the bench next to her.

“Lame song? Max! It’s the Antarian Anthem! You’re the future King? How can you say that about it?” Liz said laughing and slapping his arm playfully.

“As soon as I’m King, I am changing it. It’s lame. So again…why do you want to learn it?” Max said beginning to play the Anthem on the piano.

“I don’t know…I just wanted to learn something to be presentable. I am a Lady of the Court you know” Liz said embarrassed. She hated to label herself that way, but in this society, everything was about labels, and hers was a big deal.

“Liz! You don’t need to know how to play the Antarian Anthem to be presentable to the court. You’re amazing; you will be presentable and acceptable to any man of Antar or another planet. Ok?” Max responds touching her cheek wit his hand.

“Thanks, but Ma-” Liz started to say, but Max interrupted her with a kiss. Liz was surprised by the feel of his lips on her own. She felt an instant connection to him. She felt what he was feeling at that moment:

He wanted to comfort her. He cared about her a great deal, but Liz could tell he was confused about what those feelings meant….did he love her? She could tell Max wasn’t even sure what love was…how did he know if what he felt for Liz was love…

Liz felt Max’s tongue rub her bottom lip asking for entrance. Liz cautiously opened her lips allowing his request. Their tongues touched and they both moaned into each others mouths at the feeling of them touching. Liz noticed that as soon as their tongues touched the connection was blown wide open, she could feel what he had been feeling all day long, all week long, his whole life. She saw flashes of them together, how he felt when they were together, she was Max.

“Uh, what were you going to say?” Max asks once he pulled away when air had become an issue. He leaned their foreheads against each other.

“I don’t remember…after that” Liz said blushing. They sat in comfortable silence the rest of the day.

Liz remembered the day clearly. They were only 16 years old and still very close. They were each others first kiss. Liz loved spending time with Max back then, and when they were alone, it usually was spent in this room.

“Max? I know you’re in here. Please come out. I think we need to talk…” Liz said still looking around the room. “Maaaaxxxx?” she whined. “Fine! I’ll just sit down and…” Liz said as she sat down on the piano bench and started to play.

“This is the song that never ends, yes it goes on and on my friends some people started singing it not know what it was-“ Liz sang as she played on the piano.
“STOP! STOP! I’ll do anything if you just stop that damn song!” Max yelled as he ran to the piano and slammed the keyboard cover down to stop her from playing.

“Ha! I knew that would get you! It always did.” Liz said as Max sat next to her on the bench. Liz didn’t know what she could say right now that didn’t sound stupid. “So…”

“So, look Liz, I don’t know what to say…can we not talk about this?” Max asked as he gazed as her sadly. Liz nodded her approval, and they were back to silence.

“How did you know where to find me?” Max asked after a few minutes of silence.

“I knew you would come here” Liz answered with a shrug of her shoulders. “When we were younger, you said this room was peaceful. You told me you come here to relax and get away from all the…all the” Liz waved her hands around trying to find the right words.

“Craziness that is my life.” Max finished.

“Exactly” Liz said smiling. “And boy it is crazy. Look I know you don’t want to talk about this, hell neither do I. But I think we have to talk about this. This is the rest of our lives. I think we should decide this for ourselves for a change you know? Let’s take this situation and turn it around to make us happy.” Liz said as she fidgeted with her skirt hem.

“Your right. We should talk about this. But, I don’t know what to say about it…”Max said as he rubbed his temples.

“Well, I guess we can start with the choice thing…did you know? I mean did you know that you choose me?”

“I don’t know…I don’t think so. I mean I’ve known you forever you know?” Max tried to clarify.

“So you didn’t know? I mean…you seem to remember a lot more from when we were younger…giving the fact that you were six months older than me, you remember my whole life better than I can…and I’m just talking like a mile a minute aren’t I?” Liz said blushing. She hasn’t been in this room since the day they kissed. She kept replaying the feelings over in her head.

“I guess. I mean being the heir to the throne, I was always trained to “enhance” my gifts, and one of those was memory retrieval. I always knew I felt a connection to you, I just thought that since I knew you forever that it was a friend thing…”Max said.

“Wait…you thought that it was friendship…so instead of just mentioning these memories of your life…that our parents or rather my mother would know more about our early life, or instead of asking me about it…you went and kept going and putting me through the shit you have in the last few years? Max…I must really not know who you are anymore. The Max I knew cared about what people felt...”

“THE MAX YOU KNEW DIDN’T HAVE A LIFE! The Max you knew was a boy, I’m a Prince, I don’t’ have the time to care about anyone but myself.” Max said jumping from the bench.

“Than I better marry from another planet, because if you don’t care about anyone but yourself, than Antar is doomed.” Liz said standing up as well. She walked to in front of Max and curtsied “Your Majesty.”

Liz walked out of the room. She knew that if what she said didn’t hurt his feelings, than her actions sure would. Max had once told her that friends never bowed or curtsied to each other, and if they did their friendship was in trouble. By her showing him, “respect” and curtsying to him, then she was signaling to him that she was pissed. Liz needed to talk to Alex and Maria.
Last edited by Maxsgurl on Mon Jan 03, 2005 4:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 5

Post by Maxsgurl »

A/N: Hey all. Just wanted to say a quick word to all those who have left feedback. Thank you so much! You guys rock! I look forward to your continued support through out this story. If you guys have any questions on anything, just post it here or you can pm me!

Purpleant: Happy New Year to you too! I loved the idea of Max knowing Liz before she was born and choosing and excepting her...so very dreamer don't you think?

Stargrl678: Lol...so you think Max is hidding something? I'd love to hear your ideas on what that is! :D

Emz80m: I agree, but Max and Liz have never made their relationship easy have they? Grandma Claudia hit the nail on the head when she said if it ain't complicated you aren't soul mates.

Dreamer19: I'm glad you saw my fact in all this. The story may have a lot of fluff and my own ideas, but I like to keep the Antarian ideas equal to the shows facts.

Roswellluver: Welcome and thanks for the feedback.

Maxnlizforever:Well thanks for joining! I hope that I don't let you down!

Alien614, Anonymousarfan: Thanks for joining my story and I hope you continue to read and keep fbing!

LizamaMax: Hey ym italian friend. I hope this chapter meets your standards! Talk to you soon!

Ok so here is the chapter! I'll be back with Chapter 6 on Friday! see you all then!

Chapter 5

~Liz~

The last week has been confusing for me. I thought that Max’s birthday ball would be like any other function in my life, but that night started a series of bad days. First I find out I’m betrothed to Max, then that I was chosen by him, and then that it can’t be reversed until Max chooses too, but I thought he would have already done that. Like I said it is very confusing.

The weirdest thing is that I felt something last week in the music room with Max. He was my old Max, from years ago. For a brief moment in our conversation it felt like all the bad days and years never happened and we never lost our friendship…but I did say for a brief moment, as soon as I felt that connection again, PRINCE Max was back and our connection was gone.

God did I need to talk to Alex and Maria. Their parents had taken them on holiday for a week, naturally just when I needed them the most. The whole week that Alex and Maria were gone, I stayed in my room unless it was meal time. Even at meal time, I did not talk to anyone. I sat there eating my meal and excused myself before the conversation could seriously begin.

The day that Alex and Maria finally came home I called both for an emergency meeting at my house. I was up in my room when the intercom buzzed. “Yes?”

“Lady Elizabeth, Alex and Maria are here. Would you like them to be sent to your room milady?” The servant responded over the speaker.

“No, um, I’ll come down to meet them. Thanks Belinda.” I said into the intercom as I started to walk out of the room.

I ran down the hall and down the steps. I saw Alex and Maria standing by the house guards. Even though they have been coming over for years, they still weren’t allowed in the house without a house escort, or my parents or me.

“Liz! What’s going on? What is with the emergency meeting?” Alex asks as I walk towards them.

“Probably something the jackass of a prince said, right girlfriend?” Maria commented as I stood in front of them. But her comment got to me, and I broke down crying.

“Liz?! Oh my god, I didn’t…what…um…Alex?” Maria asked looking at Alex.

“Shhh. We’re here Liz, don’t worry, we’ll take care of you” Alex said as he pulled me into a hug trying to comfort me. “Maria? Maybe we should go to her room?”
“Yeah, ok…so dudes,” Maria said as she turned to the house guards. “We are going to take the lady to her room, got that? Need me to write it down for you? Ok…so if you need her she will be in her room being comforted by her two best friends? K?” Maria finished and followed Alex as he carried a sobbing Liz to her room.

We had been in my room for about an hour and hadn’t left for any reason. The one good thing about living on the palace grounds and having a house built by the Royal family, was that our house or mansion rather was very big. It was 3 stories, not including the basement and attic. My parent’s room was on the bottom floor, mine was on the second floor, and the top floor was reserved to guest rooms, although most of them served as second offices for my parents and myself.

I love my room. It is so big, that it is actually like having a loft all to myself. I have a main common room where I can “entertain” guests. To the right of that room in a fully functional kitchen, a cozy dining room, and a small laundry room on the side of that. To the left of the main room is my actual bedroom. It has all the essentials: bed, dressers, walk in closet, vanity, full bathroom with a tub and a shower. Everything that I could ever need in in my room, and it is kept stocked with fresh food, towels, and anything else I could want.

“I mean wow…so this has been in place for 18 years? And they didn’t want to tell you? Your parents are assholes. Don’t get me wrong Liz, I love your parents, but damn, they should have told you.” Maria said after I filled both her and Alex in on all the past weeks details.

“Tell me about it. And now I’m even more confused about my feelings for Max.” I say as I lick my spoon free of ice cream.

“Whoa! When did you develop feelings for Max? Where was I?” Alex says as he joins us on my deluxe queen size bed after getting another tub of ice cream from my freezer.

“I don’t know! I told you guys, I’m so confused! I mean I’ve always like Max, and I think I could see myself marrying him. But then this PRINCE showed up and like took Max’s body and he has never been the same…when Max left so did my feelings… I can‘t marry this Prince, Max was always a prince but it wasn‘t the only thing he was…now that all he sees himself as” I said as I took another bite of the ice cream. No matter what the crisis is, mass quantities of ice cream and your best friends can always make you feel better.

“So what, you think Max was like abducted or possessed?”

“No Maria. I was just trying to explain how it felt from my side.”

“Liz is right…and besides who would abduct him Maria? Humans? They are barely standing up-right and they don’t even use their brains to full capacity yet. Did you read in the paper that our scientists are saying they only use 10% of their brain? How sad, I don’t see how they can even function with that level of activity...or lack there of..” Alex says trying to change the subject.

“Thanks guys. You don’t know how much I missed you on your trip. How was it anyway?” I ask trying to lighten the mood of the room.

“It was nice. The beaches were cool. But the museums and sites were AMAZING. I’ll have to show you the holographic tour I recorded for you. Its awesome!” Alex explained.

“Alex, Alex, Alex, dear brother. Liz does not want to hear about the sites. She want to hear about the gorgeous men the were on those beaches! So, if you make it through Alex’s lame tour, you can look at my holographic tour of the beach guys….Liz I can rig the projector to be…LIFE SIZE!!” Maria said, totally enjoying the horrified look on her brothers face.

“Maria! Liz is a lady of the court! She belongs to Antar for…“ Alex says before seeing the downcast look on my face. “Oh, Liz I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have mentioned anything…God I’m such a dumb ass..” Alex corrects.

I shake my head to try to calm my emotions. “ Don’t worry about it. I’m ok.”

“Liz…what are you guys going to do? I mean you and Max are betrothed. That can be cancelled, but what about the choice…what if you two don’t get married? Can you still be with other people?” Maria asks as she takes my hand trying to comfort me.

“ I don’t know. I don’t know or understand any of the choosing customs. But I had a lot of time to think over this past week…and I had an idea.” I said as I got up and placed the ice cream tubs back in the freezer in my kitchen. “You guys ever hear of the recluse that lives at the top of mountain Fellowship?”

“Yeah, hasn’t he been up there since before we were all born?” Maria states.

“Yeah I think. Well anyway. I have heard talk around town that he knows everything there is to know about Antarian customs, so I was planning on heading up there to talk to him and see what he knows about this choosing thing.”

“Don’t you think you should talk to Max before you do this? I mean this is his choice and all?” Alex pipes in.

“Look guys, Max obviously hasn’t gotten off his high horse and picked someone else. We can’t stand to be around each other, so how is a marriage going to work? So my contribution to helping this situation is to go visit this shut-in and fix this mess myself.” I say as I get up and walk into the bathroom to be alone.

“You know, as much as I hate to admit this…I think your right, Max has right to know what Liz is planning on doing.” Maria whispers to her brother. “ But since I’m Liz’s best friend, and I can’t talk to Max, so…you’ve been elected to do it!” Maria says as she gets up to leave the room.

“Wait…You’re her best friend? What am I the comic relief? Man….this is going to suck!” Alex says as he closed the door behind him.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 6

Post by Maxsgurl »

Thanks for the feedback guys! You are really great! Here is the next chapter...I know I said friday, and its Saturday here...I know...I know..I'm a horrible person, but I know you all will forgive me! Enjoy!

Chapter 6

~Max~

I don’t know what is wrong with me. I care about Liz. I always have. But, honestly I care about myself more. Or at least I care about my heart more…

I think that at one point, I loved Liz. Hell I might have always loved Liz, I mean I did choose her and everything. But, when I saw her flirting with other guys at our balls, it pissed me off! Damn here I was trying to make her jealous, and she turns the table and makes me jealous! The sad part is that it happened so easily. God, I don’t even think she had to talk to the guys, she just had to acknowledge that they were alive, and my eyes saw green.

I don’t understand it. I’ve dated a lot of girls, but I wouldn’t have cared if they screwed someone right in front of me. I mean granted I would get mad, because I’m a prince and they shouldn’t treat…sorry, old habit. The point is, I never let any of them close to my heart. I guess I always knew my heart didn’t belong to me to give away…one girl always held it…from the moment I gave it to her when I was 6 months old. Dammit!

I’m in love with Liz Parker. Again. I don’t think I ever stopped. Now what? What is my next step. She hates me, hell she bowed to me! God she must really hate me… I don’t think anything that could come out of Liz’s mouth could hurt me as much as her showing me respect. Plus she thinks I hate her. But I don’t. I need to show her I’ve changed. Well, first I need to change. I can’t be PRINCE Max anymore…that’s not what Liz wants. I need to be Max, the Max that loves Liz Parker…and I need to tell her.

The Next Day

After my revelation last night, that I in fact love Liz Parker, I got dressed this morning as a normal man. I didn’t wear my outlandish Antarian robes and sashes. I wore my Max clothes. The sad things was that I had to search for them. They had been moved out of my closet to make room for my princely attire. Once I found them, in the attic mind you, I realized that my plan to make Liz jealous had gone on far to long, I lost the real me. My soul and who I really was had been moved to the attic along with my clothes.

Dressed in a pair of jeans and a black sweater, I walked down the hall way from my room. I couldn’t help but notice all the stares and glances from the Palace staff as they checked out the new or rather old me. Strangely, if I was in my royal clothes, the looks were guaranteed or assumed, but in my Max clothes, I felt like a bug under a microscope.

As I uncomfortable walked the halls to the main meeting area I was shocked when I saw there was a visitor.

“Alex?” I say as I cautiously walk to wards him, waving the guards away.

“Your Majesty,” Alex says as he bows. “Um…look can we talk?”

“Um, sure I guess I can spare a few minutes. What’s up?” I say as I gesture to the couches in the meeting area. When we sit down he continues.

“Ok. Um. I’m Liz’s friend. Ok? I mean you’ve never really been an ass to me, but since you were one to Liz it kind of reverberated back to me. And since my sister is also friends with Liz, when you are an ass to Liz, it reverberated to Maria, and she passes it to me, so I get double teamed…ok?” Alex says as he uncomfortable talks to me.

Ouch “Um, Alex…what are you getting at?” I say as I nervously look at my hands in my lap. Why do I get a feeling I’m not going to like with Liz’s friend has to say to me?

“I just wanted to make sure you knew where my alliances were, because being here saying this to you is really hard for me…”

“Alex, just tell me what’s going on…please” Wow…that wasn’t as hard as I thought it was going to be.

Alex looks at me like I just sprouted a second head, “ Um. Ok, yesterday Liz called Maria and I over for an emergency meeting. She filled us in on what’s been going on this past week. And she is really confused on a lot of different things…but the main thing is she doesn’t understand the customs of choosing someone.”

“Um, well neither do I. And I’ve looking in the palace library but I can’t find anything that explains the tradition. So, I don’t understand what your doing here.” I say. God what else could Liz being confused about? Shit, now that’s going to bug me all day.

“Look, Max. Maria and I agreed that you had a right to know what Liz is planning on doing. She heard a rumor that the recluse on Mt. Fellowship knows everything about anything on Antar. She plans on visiting him tomorrow to see what he knows.”

“WHAT?! She is going all the way up there? Are you and Maria going?” When he shakes his head saying no I continue. “ And your okay with that? You’re just going to let her go up to see a guy that probably hasn’t had a decent screw in over 20 years alone? Are you crazy?”

“Max, she won’t let us go. She doesn’t even know that I’m telling you, and if she did…I probably won’t get a screw for 50 years…so I just wanted to let you know, and to tell you that she shouldn’t know that I told you…my life is actually going to be in your hands” Alex says as he gets up and walks to the door.

“And Max?” He waits for me to look up at him and then he continues, “whatever you two decide. Make sure she is happy. I know your not a bad guy at heart. Just with or with out marriage, make her happy…after all you’ve put her through…she deserves some happiness.”

“Thanks Alex. I promise. Not a word, and…I’ll do everything I can to make her happy.” I say as he nods and walks out of the palace.

Even if it means I’m without her and alone for the rest of my life, She deserves to be happy, that’s for damn sure. And for once I know I can give it to her.

So tomorrow I plan on going with Liz to that recluse. I want to show Liz I’ve changed, that I love her, and hopefully she can forgive me and trust me again. Or if that doesn’t go so well…I’m going to go with her and allow the recluse to reverse my choice. Maybe then Liz can be happy and have a normal life.

The Next Day

~Liz~

Ok things are still a little shaky around here. I apologized to Maria and Alex about yelling a treating them like shit, but they both said they understand. Of course they both tried to talk me out of going to see the recluse today…but I told them I’m determined and I’m not coming home until I get some answers.

I told Maria and Alex to cover for me, since I told my parents that I was staying at their house for a few days. I don’t really know how long I’m going to be, but I hope I get this done quick.

As I’m zipping up my backpack of extra clothes and essentials my intercom buzzes. “Yes?” I answer.

“Lady Liz, you have a visitor in the main meeting room.” the speaker responds back.

“Thanks Belinda. Tell them I’ll be right down.” I reply and grab my backpack. I called for a taxi a few minutes ago, so I assumed that it was the driver to pick me up.

As I come down the stairs to the main meeting room, I get a glimpse of a Greek god standing with his back to me. His faded jeans hold his butt nice and firm and his deep red shirt compliments his skin town perfectly. Wow, I never knew Taxi drivers could be so hot! I’m about to speak when the god before me turns to look at me. I’m so shocked that I drop my backpack on the ground. HOLY SHIT!

“Max? What the hell are you doing here?” I reply when I finally get my voice back.

“Well, Liz. I’m coming with you to see the recluse on Mt Fellowship.” He whispers coolly as he drops his backpack on the ground in front of him, right next to my dropped bag.

You have got to be kidding me!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 7

Post by Maxsgurl »

A/N: Hey everybody! I just wanted to say hi and thanks for the support before I post the next chapter. You guys are great..And as always FEEDBACK is greatly welcomed!

See ya! and Enjoy!

Chapter 7

~Max~

I had to bit my cheeks to keep from laughing at her reaction to seeing me at her house. Well, she didn’t bow, so that’s a plus right? She did drop her bag…I hope there wasn’t anything valuable in there…I’d hate to have to hear her complain about that the whole way to the recluse.

“I’m….I’m sorry…you’re coming with me where?” Liz says. God she is really beautiful when she’s angry at me. Wait…or is that annoyance? Well, whatever it is, it looks good on her.

I step forward and lead her away from the guards. I have a feeling she didn’t tell her parents where she is going, so I don’t want to give away her plans. “I said I’m going with you to see the recluse. Rumor has it he may know about the choosing custom, so we should go see him. And if that bag is carrying what I think it is carrying, we had the same idea. So let’s go.”

“Wait. How…How did…How did you?” She is so cute when she can’t speak.

“Like I said, there are rumors about this guy. And we need to figure out our options so why don’t we go see him together. There is a car outside waiting; I think you already called him. So let’s not keep him waiting.” I say as I grab both our bags and head to the door. I think your safe Alex. “Shall we?”

“You…I can’t…I’m going…DAMMIT!” She says as she pushes out the door past me. I smile and walk out towards the car; I get in the backseat after her. She has her arms crossed over her chest like a little girl. God she must really hate that I came with her…well this should be interesting.

An hour into our trip she glances away from the window that had kept her attention the whole ride. “You know…I can do this by myself. I don’t need you here to care for me. I’m sure you have a lot of Prince matters to deal with.”

I smile at her. “It’s okay really. I told my dad that I needed to get away for a few days; he agreed and granted me permission. He canceled all my lessons and meetings so that I can figure some stuff out. Personally, I’m grateful. All those meetings and sessions where getting to me. I hate royal politics.”

She whips her head towards me with a shocked look in her eyes. “Real…Really? You hate royal politics? This coming from a man that makes his sister call him Majesty”

“I only do that because she makes me call her princess. If she wants my cooperation, she has to do her part too. You know Isabel; she’ll do anything just to hear a royal label in front of her name. God, remember when she wouldn’t accept a gift or letter unless it was addressed to Princess Isabel?” I laugh as I think about the memory. At parties, you could see who forgot, because they would quickly run to the gift table and pull out a pen.

“Max, you’re twins. The apples don’t fall far from the tree, and when they fall, they tend to stick together” She says and turns back to her window.

Getting her to forgive me is going to be more difficult than I thought.

Later that Day

~Liz~

God this sucks. Why did he have to come? I couldn’t just tell him no? It was probably the fact that I was so confused after seeing him looking yummy at my house, that I forgot who I was for a second and just couldn’t say no to him. Fuck him and his hotness!

I haven’t seen him dressed like that in over 2 years. I can’t say that I haven’t missed it. Those pants can sure flatter his ass. I bet it wouldn’t look that good unless it was naked. I can’t believe I’m thinking about Max naked. I can’t think about that. No I won’t.

I have to stick to the plan. I’m going to see the recluse and find out what I have to do to reverse the choice. Even if I have to sit through this whole trip with Max. Still, something about him is different, sort of like when we were alone in the music room, but this still feels different than that time. This is so confusing.

“I’m starving. I left the house before I could grab any food. Before we get to the recluse I want to grab something to eat.” I tell Max after a few more hours.

“I had a feeling that that would be the case. So…” Max says as he reaches in to his backpack and pulls out a brown paper bag, “I brought provisions!”

Max hands me a sandwich from the bag and offers me a bottle of juice. I accept both and begin unwrapping my sandwich. I don’t hide my shock when I realize what it is. “You remembered?”

“Of course I remembered. Who do you think I am? Ham, Turkey, 2 slices of cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, no crusts, and cut diagonally. And there is more where that came from” He says nonchalantly.

I just smile as I begin eating my sandwich. All though it was a small gesture, it really meant the world to me that he remember. I steal a glance at his sandwich. “Still eating bacon and mayonnaise sandwiches? I thought you would have gotten over that one.”

“What can I say, I value traditions. I did start to back off on the amount of mayonnaise. I realized that it probably wasn’t a good idea to eat too much of it. I got to stay fit.” Max says as he takes a sip of his juice.

“Yeah, doesn’t look like you have any trouble staying fit” I think

“Ha ha, what did you say?” Max asks me as he looks surprised. Holy shit did I say that out loud?

“Um…nothing. Just thinking out loud.” I quickly say back.

“Excuse me, but this is as far as I can go.” The driver says as we come to a stop.

“Okay, thanks” I say as I start to pick up my things and get out of the car. And can I say that riding in a car for over 5 hours straight really does a number on your ass. Once I get out of the car, I can barely move. I reach in my bag to get money to pay for the fare and I notice that Max has beat me too it and has just paid the driver. “I could have gotten that you know.”

“I know, but what kind of gentleman would I be if I didn’t beat you to it.” He replies with a smirk. I smile back, although it can be a completely sexist comment, he didn’t say it to be taken that way.

“Well, I think the Mt. is this way so we should head this way.” I say as I look around at the terrain.

“Liz, as much as I enjoy your company and respect your opinion on another issue, As prince of Antar…I think I know my way around the country better than anyone.” He says lightly laughing.

“Yeah, um, guess your right on that one. So I’ll just follow you then.”

~Max~

As we walk through the forest to get to the bottom of the Mt. we make small talk about the forest and the stories that follow it. It was calm and peaceful.

“Max, we have to stop. My feet are killing me. You would think that after that car ride my feet would be fine, but they are hurting me.” Liz says as she starts to slow down.

“I’d offer to carry you, but we know you wouldn’t take it. So if you hold out a little longer there is something I want to show you.” I say as I reach my hand back for her, surprisingly she takes it. I cherish the feeling of her small hand in mine. I keep walking towards my desired destination. I gently pull her to follow me.

“Ok, we’re here look.” I say as I pull her from behind a tree. I hear her gasp. I smile at her gesture. She squeezes my hand lightly before letting go and stepping head of me towards the opening. She must like it.

“Max, I…wow…I don’t know what to say. It’s beautiful. I didn’t even know this place existed.” She says as she looks around.

I should probably explain where we are. I brought her to a place called Demarius Rock. It is a beautiful rock formation with a waterfall in the middle of the forest. At the base of the waterfall is a large lake surrounded by beautiful flowering plants and fruit bearing trees. It is complete paradise.

“Not many people do. This place isn’t on any of the tourist maps. It’s called Demarius Rock. The waterfall is called Demarius Falls, and the lake is called-” I start s explaining.

She turns and flashes me one of her amazing smiles and says, “Let me guess, its called Demarius Lake?” She giggles and my heart skips a beat.

“Yeah” I say as I scratch behind my ear, “I admit it isn’t original or unique but it fits and its-”

“Beautiful. It’s beautiful.” She interrupts.

“It sure is. I thought we could sit here, enjoy the view and eat another sandwich.” I suggest as I sit on a small boulder. She quickly follows suit and we are eating our lunch.

She eyes my sandwich and says “You know…as much as I’ve raged on you about your taste in sandwiches, I’ve never actually tried it. May I?” Liz asks.

“You want to try my sandwich?” I chuckle. When she nods her head I say, “Ok. But only if I can try yours too.”

“It’s a turkey and ham sandwich, what is there to try?” She asks looking slightly surprised.

“Well, see if I let you take a bite out of my sandwich, I am one bite short. If I take a bite of your sandwich I even the odds.” I say watching her face relax as she nods her acceptance of our deal.

We both hold out our sandwiches, but we don’t take them from each others hands. We lean over and essentially we feed each other. It was the most erotic moment of my life. Although nothing happened, the closeness and bond that happened just from that mutual giving of our sandwiches was erotic. I sound like a complete pansy. “So, what do you think?”

“I think” she says as she continues to chew her bite. After what looks like a lot of consideration she says “ It is actually not that bad. I wouldn’t think the combination would be good, but the texture makes it interesting. What about mine?”

“It’s a turkey and ham sandwich, what is there to say?” I joke and continue, “but I can say that it tastes like it was made with love.” SHIT!

“Um…wh-what?” Liz says almost choking on her sandwich.

“It was nothing. Just forget about it” Need a subject change, need a subject change and quick! “Hey doesn’t that water look nice!” Okay, not so swift but it seems to work when she turns towards the lake.

“Yeah it definitely does. To bad we don’t have our swim suits. But we could definitely come back another day.” Liz says as she watches the waterfall.

“Why wait. We’re here now, today.” I say as I stand up and start taking my shoes and socks off. I’m unbuttoning my shirt when she turns around. I can’t help but watch as her eyes dart around my open shirt sweeping over my naked torso.

“Max, w-wh-what are you doing?” Liz asks when I start to pull down my pants.

I turn around and pull down my boxers. I turn my head to smile at her and say, “skinny dipping. Want to join me?”

I don’t miss the look on her face as she checks out my ass. I smirk at her one more time and run to the water.

A/N: DON'T HATE ME! LOL...I hope that isn't too bad of suspense for you all.. I'll be back soon with an update I promised!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 8 2/21/05

Post by Maxsgurl »

A/N: Hi everybody. First I want to say I'm so sorry for waiting this long to post this...Real Life got in the way. My computer crashed and all my chapters were on it...and then I couldn't get to a computer with internet access to post a note...so I hope that I still have some readers after this long break...it won't happen again. SO SORRY!! I hope you like this extra long update!

From Chapter 7:

“Max, w-wh-what are you doing?” Liz asks when I start to pull down my pants.

I turn around and pull down my boxers. I turn my head to smile at her and say, “skinny dipping. Want to join me?”

I don’t miss the look on her face as she checks out my ass. I smirk at her one more time and run to the water.

Chapter 8

~Liz~

Wow…Max’s ass looking even better without pants on…what the hell am I saying! I hate this guy. DAMMIT! How does he do this? One minute, I hate him for coming with me, the next I can’t help but feel I’m suppose to be with him, and then I hate him again…STUPID BASTARD OF A PRINCE!

“Liz…” Max whines to me from the water. “Come on…the water feels great!”

I glance towards the water. I can see him swimming around, I can’t really see anything, but I blush knowing that if I actually wanted too…I could see everything. I sigh. This day is getting weirder and weirder.

“Come on Liz! Where is your sense of adventure!? This is a story that we can share with our grandchildren!” Max calls to me.

“Grandchildren? I didn’t even think we were getting married!” I shout back. I know I shouldn’t, but I am really considering stripping off my clothes and jumping in just to see what would happen. God I am hopeless. I realize that Max hasn’t made any comments back to me, and I haven’t heard any splashing in the water. “Max?” I call out as I hesitantly get up to get a better look at the lake.

I’m standing at the edge of a rock over looking the whole lake. When I finally get a good look around the water I can’t see any evidence that Max has been there and I start to panic. Did he drown? Where is he? I quickly glance around me in the trees, I wasn’t really expecting to see Max, but I thought I would see someone, any one that could explain where Max was but there was nothing. I turn back towards the water. I can feel my heart rate start to increase; but I try to keep my breathing under control. If I have a panic attack I won’t be helping anyone so I call out to Max again. “Max?!? Where are you? Hello? MAX!”

No answer. Shit this is serious! I lost the crown prince! Just when I am starting to breathe erratically, I feel the hairs on the back of my neck stand up and I shutter. I am suddenly very cold and I hear a slight noise behind me. I quickly turn around and am face to face with a very hot, very naked Max. I try to keep my eyes on Max’s, but my curiosity got the best of me, and I allow my eyes to drift over his naked body. The water rolled over his muscled chest; then it dipped into every dent and shape of each muscle. I focus on one drop and start to follow its path with my eyes. The drop started at the hollow of his neck; then traveled down his chest and over one nipple. The drop then ran over his abs and started to move towards the center of his body. I watch as the drop clung to the small trail of hair below Max’s belly button, and after a few detours in the strains of hair, the drop starts to move lower… “Ahem…” SHIT!

“Are you enjoying the view? Cuz, I can say I definitely am!” Max says as my eyes dart back to his. Wait…what view? “HUH?” Is all I can say because I am still in shock from Max’s Adonis like body. I focus on Max’s eyes and watch as they scan my body and I slowly glance down to follow his eyes and realize that I am standing in front of him in my red lace bra and thong panties that don’t leave much to the imagination. Wait a minute! I’m almost naked! WHAT THE FUCK!

“AHHHHHH!!!!” Before I can even register a thought to ask how I’m naked, Max lunges at me and we both fall off the rock and into the water.

~Max~

I had to get into that cold water. So I did what any self respecting man would do and…ALL RIGHT ALL RIGHT! I panicked. She was standing there all nakie and damn sexy. I had to do something. So I lunged at her. It gave me a chance to touch her, and once she gets wet, those undergarments should get even more invisible!

As I come up to the surface for air I am quickly pushed back down. I reach my arms out and grab at Liz and pull her down with me. We start to wrestle under the water, but being the fact I have the strength in this battle she quickly loses. I grab her into my arms and over my head. I pull us both to the surface and quickly launch her into the air. A smile graces my face as I watch as she screams and lands in the water. The water at Demarius Lake is different than water anywhere else. It’s thicker, almost like swimming in jello. So when Liz hit’s the water, she almost bounces off the top before the water surface breaks below her and she sinks into it.

“You ASS! What the hell is wrong with you! You could have killed me!” Liz yells once she pops to the surface. God she is hot when she is pissed.

“Well, I wanted you to get into the water, so I had to take matters into my own hands.” I coolly say as I swim towards her.

When I reach her Liz starts to slap me on the shoulders and back. “By taking my clothes off without my permission? How dare you!”

“Hey, in my defense I never ACTUALLY touched you. I just kinda, let a little power surge flow through your clothes. No big deal” I say as I grab and stop her hands from hitting me.

“No big deal? No big DEAL? You violated me! You were staring at me! You…you were checking me out!” She says and the look in her eyes shows that she just realized I WAS checking her out…and I think she liked it.

“Liz, in case you don’t remember, you were checking me out first.” I reply and she blushes. God she must have turned 12 different shades of red.

“Th-that’s besides the fact Maxwell Evans. You took your clothes off on purpose.” She says as she starts to back away from me. She can’t get far, because I still have a hold on her hands and when she backs up she just pulls me closer.

“Well, I look your clothes off on purpose too. I wanted you in the water. You’ve been so pissed at me, that you haven’t even realized that the water is different here.” I say as she is pinned between me and a rock. HA GOTCHA

“Oh my God! The water…it’s so thick!” That’s not the only thing that is thick baby “Wow…That is so cool!”

“Thought you would like it” I say as I place her hands above her head. The atmosphere just changed from light and playful to full on sexual tension. “I bet I know something else you would like” I lean forward and caress her neck with my nose.

“R-really…do share Evans.” She says as she subconsciously spreads her legs so I can come closer to her body.

“Liz. God your beautiful” I say as I scan her body with my eyes. I start to move my hands up and down her sides and she moans. I think I am in heaven because if she moans like that when I’m touching her sides, what will she sound like when I touch something else….hmm…lets explore this idea.

“Max…I…d…did you get a good look?” She says as she caresses my back.

“Mmmmm” I say as I start to place open mouth kisses on her neck.

She roughly pushes me away. “GOOD! You better put that in your spank bank because that it the last time you will ever see me naked max! Do you understand me?” She yells as she moves past me and towards the shore.

I lean against the rock as I watch her get out of the water and she quickly uses her powers to dry her undergarments off and fix her clothes. I close my eyes and start banging my head on the rock behind me. God that was….hell I don’t know what that was. Erotic? Does that make sense? I’m about to screw Liz Parker, then she stops me and tells me to put it in my spank bank…when those words came out of her mouth, I felt my erection twitch. I open my eyes and see she is dressed and packing up her bag. I quickly adjust my cock as to not embarrass myself even more and then head to the shore to get dressed.

~Liz~

I can’t believe I did that. I mean, I actually controlled myself and pushed Max off me…why? Oh that’s right…I didn’t want to be another notch on his belt…I have more class than that.

If Max and I were in a relationship, I probably wouldn’t have stopped him. But the fact that we aren’t in a REAL relationship I knew I had to. One, I don’t know if the whole choosing ceremony has to deal with sex, but I certainly didn’t want to “seal the deal” like that.

Secondly, I didn’t want to be used. What if as soon as Max sleeps with me, he goes back to being the dick he was before? These last few hours have been fun…granted there have been some set backs…but I feel my Max coming back. I miss him.

We are almost to the recluse’s house and its getting dark. From what I can tell it’s about 11 p.m. and I make a comment to Max that we should stop for the night and visit the recluse first thing in the morning.

“I agree. So let’s just camp here and I’ll get some wood for the fire.” Max says avoiding my eyes. I can’t say I blame him. There is definite awkwardness after the sexual fog lifted. He is probably embarrassed that he was coming on to little Lizzie Parker. That jack ass!

A few minutes later Max comes back and starts a fire. I pulled out my sleeping bag and began to get into it. When I realize that Max didn’t bring one…SHIT!

“Um…Max? Where were you planning on sleeping? Why didn’t you bring a sleeping bag?” I ask as I sit by him on the log next to the fire.

“Well, this was a last minute choice trip for me, so I didn’t think that far ahead to bring one” He shrugs his shoulders. “I plan on sleeping on the ground. Really roughing it, you know?”

“No, you don’t have to do that. I mean, my bag is designed for 3 people. Actually this is what Alex, Maria and I share when we go camping together. If three people can fit in it, I’m sure we can fit and be comfortable.” I say as I remember the last time we all went camping. I always have to sleep in the middle because Alex and Maria don’t want to touch each other while they sleep since their siblings…so I am forced to face the Deluca elbow jabbing from both sides all night long…but I love it.

“You…you and Alex sleep in this t-to-gether?” Max raising his eyebrows and gestures to the sleeping bag.

“Yes we do sleep together, and Mari- wait…are you jealous of Alex?” I ask as it dawns on me that from the outside, Alex and my friendship can look pretty weird. We are very comfortable being affectionate towards each other but it’s purely platonic.

“NO! Me be jealous of Deluca? I don’t thi-" Max looks up at me and gives me a shy smile while continuing,” ha yeah…maybe a little. I can’t believe I’m admitting this...but…I always thought you liked Deluca…that’s one reason I started to date other Ladies…I thought you were involved.” Max says as he puts his head in his hands. He looks so cute opening up to me…that’s the max I remember.

“Max…Alex and I have never been involved. If there was anything other than friendship…it was always on sided. I’ve only been interested in one guy” I say as I stare at the fire.

“Really? Who?” I can hear the hope in his voice.

I take a deep breath and turn towards him. He sits up when I moved and just stares at me. I place my hands on the sides on his face and place a gently kiss on his lips. After I pull away I open my eyes and notice he still has his eyes closed. As if sensing I’m watching him, his eyes flutter open and he blushes. AWWW CUTE!

“Ahem…so, Alex is just a good friend.” He says, almost like he is reassuring himself.

“Yup. The best, I’m lucky to have found the Deluca twins. They have saved me through some tough shit these last few years.” I say trying not to let him now that most of the shit was caused by him.

He stiffens, and I guess that he must realize that he did cause most of it. “It must be nice to have someone close…that you can talk to about things. Friends.”

“Yeah it is. What, you don’t have friends? What about Michael?” I ask and then add “Or your many girlfriends…” I try to not sound hurt.

“I don’t really have time to meat people. I think the only reason that Michael and I talk if because he is training to be my second in command. He has to deal with me. And I didn’t really date those girls for their communication skills Liz…” Max says as he kicks a rock around with his shoe.

“Yeah…I noticed.” I quietly mutter

“Liz, I feel like I need to explain…” Max trying to start but I interrupt him.

“No, it’s all right. I really don’t want to hear about it. So, um…let’s just go to bed.” I say as I take my shoes off and climb into the sleeping bag.

“Um...okay.” Max says as he takes his shoes off and lies in the sleeping bag.

We sit in awkward silence. Although there is enough room for Alex and Maria between us, I still feel like we are too close. I hear Max shifting next to me, and I open my eyes and to my surprise he is resting on his side with his head propped up on his hand, staring at me.

“Good night Liz.” He says as he leans and places a kiss on my forehead.

As he turns around to fall I sleep I whisper, “Night Max.”

TBC...Post Wed or Thursday! Bye Guys...and I hope I still have readers after this.. Please give your feedback!
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Chapter 9

Post by Maxsgurl »

A/N: Hey everyone, I just realized this is a pretty short chapter, but yeah...so I'll go ahead and post it...and I hope you like it...See you next week!

Chapter 9

The Next Morning

~Max~

I hear birds chirping and leaves rustling around me. I start to flutter my eyes open but I quickly close them because of the sun. Realizing that I am still very tired, I start to fall back a sleep but then I feel it…slight puffs of air against my chest. I open my eyes and glance down and I am struck speechless by the sight in front of me.

Liz is sleeping on my chest. She looks so beautiful snuggled against me and my heart skips a beat when I hear a faint snore coming from her open mouth. I smile when I notice she drooled a little bit on my shirt. I carefully lift my hand trying not to disturb her. I pass my hand over the spot and the droll is gone. Then I pass my hand over her mouth and rid her of morning breath, all though I doubt she had any present. I watch her sleep for a few more minutes before I can’t control myself anymore. I lift my hand and push a few pieces of hair that have fallen in front of her face to behind her ear. I guess my slight contact woke her, because she starts to move and she rubs her face deeper into my chest. I don’t really mind, but she pulls her hands in front of her to snuggle closer and she accidentally brushes my ticklish sides and I start to giggle. Yes, that’s right I’m ticklish and I giggle! What are you going to do about it! HUH! Nothing…that’s what I thought!

I quickly regain my composure and glance at her face. Her eyes are shut but she has a smile on her face. She touches my side again and I let out a giggle. “Ok. Now I know you’re awake!”

She blushes and snuggles deeper. “Nope. I’m just having a really good dream.”

“Oh yeah? What’s it about?” I say as I place a kiss on the top of her head.

“I’m in the woods; asleep on Max Evans chest…it’s perfect.” She says with a sigh.

I chuckle. “Yeah, it is perfect. Open your eyes and its even better.”
She squishes her brows together then opens her eyes. I watch as her eyes dart around the landscape, obviously not believing this is real.

“Good morning Liz” I say as I wrap my arms around her tighter, just to let her know I’m still there.

“Apparently so.” She says as she glances up at me and blushes. I bend down at place a kiss on her nose. She snuggles back against me and we stay like that for a while.

“As good as this feels…what time is it?” Liz asks sitting up. I feel lonely without her warmth around me for a split second before I wrap my arms around her and pull her back down next to me.

“It’s a little past 10.” I mumble against her temple. She feels perfect in my arms and I sigh as I smell her perfume all around me.

“We got to go Max. If we want to see the recluse by midday we should leave now.” Liz says as she sits up and starts to put her shoes on.

I sit up on my elbows and watch her. “You-You still want to see the recluse?” I ask as I try to not let my surprise and disappointment show. What the hell was last night? I thought we expressed our feelings for each other? “I just…I just thought that...”

“You thought what Max?” Liz asks as she looks at me with confusion written all over her face.

“Never mind. It was nothing. So, let’s get going.” I say as I jump up trying not to show my broken heart. I slip on my shoes and start to roll up the sleeping bag.

I have a feeling that we just took one step forward and two giant steps back.

~Liz~

Max and I are about an hour or so from the recluse’s house and we finally decided to stop for a bite to eat. Max led us to a small park and pulled out two more sandwiches and drinks.

After eating in silence for about 10 minutes Max finally speaks up, “Liz?”
I jump at first scared by the sudden sound but I respond readily. “Yeah?”

“What’s going on with us?” Max asks. He continues as I turn to him with my eyebrows raised to signal him to elaborate. “I mean with…with us”.

“Us? Um… I don’t really understand what you are asking. What about us Max?”

“I mean what is going on with us? Last night, we talked about things. You…you said that your heart belonged to me. I don’t understand why you would still want to go see the recluse after that.” Max asks while looking at his hands like they are the most interesting thing in the world.

“Max, yea we talked last night, and it was great...” I say as I place my thumb under his chin to lift his eyes to mine. “And my heart does belong to you. It always has.” I finish with a shy smile.

Max exhales and removes my hand from his face and places a kiss on my palm. He entwines his fingers with mine and places our joined hands on his thigh. “But? There is always a but right?”

I sigh before speaking. “But…” I mentally groan because I have a feeling that what I am about to say it going to break Max’s heart “I don’t believe it was my choice to give my heart to you”

Max flinched and dropped my hand. “W-what? You had no choice? What are you trying to say Liz?”

“Max, god I think that came out wrong…um…What I mean is that …god this it hard. Ok, remember when we were in the palace’s music room, after that talk with our parents?” I continue after he nods that he remembers. “I said that this is the rest of our lives.”

Max continues my thought, “You said that we should decide this for ourselves for a change. But how does that fit into what you’re trying to say?”

I take a deep breath. “I love you Max. I always have, but I don’t know how I would feel if you hadn’t chosen me. What if what we are feeling for each other is just the result of the choice? I don’t think I could live with myself if I didn’t know for sure that my love for you was my choice too.”

“So, you still want to see the recluse to reverse the choice, and see if we can love each other for who we are without outside forces right?” Max asks as he stands up to pace in front of me.

“Yes. Can you…can you agree with that?” I ask as I look him in the eyes.

~Max~

Can I agree to that? I was about to tell her that I couldn’t agree to anything that didn’t have her loving me in the result but then I remembered that I promised Alex that no matter what I would make her happy. So I ask her if by doing this she will be happy.

“Happy? I guess. I would like the chance to be. Max, I don’t mean to hurt you by saying this, but I haven’t been happy in almost 2 years. Anything is better than what I’ve been dealing with.” Liz says as she stares at me with those beautiful brown doe eyes.

That settles it. “If it will make you happy, than I’ll do it. We can go to the recluse and reverse the choice, but I need you to promise me something first.” I ask as I stop pacing and stand right in front of her.

“Anything, I’ll promise anything you want.” Liz says as she reaches out and takes my hands in hers.

“Promise me that after the choice is reversed, you’ll give us a chance. You’ll give me a chance, to show that I’ve changed, that I’m the old Max.” I plead with her as I squeezed her hands.

Liz giggled as she squeezed my hands back. “Yeah I can do that.” Liz says as she pulls herself up and gives me a hug.

I wrap my arms around her and pull her close. All though she promised to give us a chance, I can’t help but feel that this may be the last time I can hold her like this. I inhale her perfume and ready myself for what I need to say to her.

“Liz?” I wait until she pulls away and looks me in the eye and I take a deep breath, “I love you too Liz. I just wanted you to know that.”

“Thank you, I needed you to say that to me, I love you Max.” Liz says before she places a gentle kiss against my lips.

I pull her closer and deepen the kiss. I wrap my arms low on her waist and rejoice in the feel of her in my arms and held tight against me. She feels like heaven. I break the kiss after a while a we start heading to the recluses house.

As we walk up the path towards the door, I feel Liz tense besides me so I quickly swing my bag to my other hand and take hers with my newly freed hand. She graciously accepts my gift of comfort and squeezes my hand.

“Ok, here we go…” I say as we reach the door and I raise my hand to knock but suddenly the door opens and there in the door way stands the recluse.

“I knew you two were coming to ask questions about the choosing reversal. Well, come inside and lets get started shall we? Come on!” The recluse says as he turns and walks back into his house.

I take one last look at Liz and we share a sweet smile before we head into the recluses house. Here goes nothing.
Maxsgurl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Maxsgurl »

Hey everybody...here is the next chapter...the recluse is finally here!! This chapter kinda gives a little background..but it is mainly to set it up for the next couple of chapters, where the story gets good to me...Hope you enjoy!Chapter 10

~Liz~

I still can’t believe that we are here. I’m sitting across from the recluse with Max Evans. God my life has gotten so complicated. Two months ago if you would have told me that Max and I would have confessed our love for each other, shared sweet gentle kisses, and talked about being a couple…I probably would have called the palace guards and have you committed. But here I am, all those things have happened, and more.

Earlier today, Max asked me if going to see the recluse would make me happy, and I told him yes because I wanted to know if we would love each other with out the choice forcing us too; that was only a half truth.

I’m scared, the time I’ve spend with Max over the last few days has proven to me that he has changed, and I love him even more. I know that choice or no choice, I would love Max, but I am scared that he wouldn’t love me full hearted like I love him. He has been with no many different girls, and Max is the only boy I’ve even kiss or even wanted to kiss, how could I please him. What if after we reverse the choice, Max realizes I’m not the great girls he thinks I am and he moves on? God, what if we got married and he realized I can’t please him? He would be able to find another girl or girls to take my place, and I couldn’t say a thing about it…it would break my heart. So I told Max to reverse the choice to make me happy, because I’m scared I can’t please him and this way if we do love each other with out the choice, I will know its love for me and hopefully that would be enough to make him happy too. I have to reverse the choice, no matter what, we have to so we can be happy.

“So, we can reverse the choice right?” Max asks breaking me out of my thoughts.

“Oh yes, the choice can be reversed. But it can be difficult…and hurtful.” The recluse says causing me to look up at him and finally getting a good look at him.

The recluse actually doesn’t look like a man you woud think would leave society to live by himself. You can tell that at one time he was probably very attractive. He is probably 50-60 years old, with dark brown hair that is mixed with a few gray hairs in his side burns and temples. His ice clue eyes hold so much life and pain. He has so much written in the few wrinkles he has around his eyes. His clothes are normal, a dark grew sweater and faded blue jeans; if I had to have one word to describe him it would be: normal.

“What do you mean difficult? Phyiscally hurt?” I ask as I finally realize I haven’t said a word since we have been here.

“Yes, difficult. For the reversal to be complete you both need to let your love for each other go completely, and you need to stay away from each other for as long as possible. This is what can be hurtful. Staying away. There was a boy once who choice a girl, but they reversed it. The girl grew up to be very happy and in love with someone else. While the boy became horribly confused, resentful, and depressed. It took years for him to find some sense of himself with out her and he found his calling helping other couples.” The recluse explained while Max and Liz stole glances at each other.

“Wait…so for the choice to be reverse, we have to stay completely away from each other? What if we don’t want to do that? We sort of wanted to be a couple, with out the choice altering our feelings.” Max explained to the recluse, but I could tell he was panicing, everything was going to change.

“I’m sorry, but you can’t do that. For the reversal to be complete. You have to forget it was ever there. Your feelings for each other need to be pushed into your unconscious mind and never been thought about. You have to be physically away from each other. I’m sorry there really is no easy way to do this.”

“Is there a ceremony we have to perform?” I ask and I notice Max wiping his eyes next to me, this is going to be so hard.

“No, the only thing that needs to be done, is that you decide together and then stay away. Its actually a very simple process.”

“Wow, ok…um… thanks. We should get going.” I say as I grab Max’s hand and start walking towards the door.

“Again, I’m so sorry. I wish there was another way, because I know your road will be a long and painful one. I wish you all the best.” The recluse says before we walk out the door.

I stop walking and Max turns to look at me when I ask, “ Who was she? The woman you reversed your choice for? Was it worth it?”

He looks up at me and I can see the tears in his eyes as he replies. “She was my best friend, you know her as the Queen. Ha, that’s right Max, I loved your mother. I reversed my choice with out her knowing and she was able to fall madly in love with your father. Was it worth it? I think so, because if I didn’t you and your sister would not be here. I thank the Antarian sky everyday that I made the choice to reverse my choice.”

I flash him a smile and pull Max towards home.

Two Days Later

~Max~

The last two days have been hell. Pure and Simple. As we made our way home, we discussed what we were going to do after our meeting with the recluse. After our second conversation on the topic, I stopped trying to hide my tears or hold them inside. I didn’t care, the whole situation was horrible and I didn’t have the strength to keep them inside anymore, all my strength went to keep from dying from the thought of life without Liz in it.

“Max, what do you want to do? We’ve talked about my ideas, but you’ve just agreed with every one of them, you’ve never said what you want…” Liz asks me after about an hour of discussing why Liz wants to reverse the choice.

“Liz, I just want to make you happy. I don’t care about my wishes, your happiness is what makes me happy. I just want to know why you want to do this, knowing that we can’t be together…you promised me Liz.” I say as I rub my thumb across her cheek to wipe the tears tracks there.

We were at Demarius Rock when Liz told me that she was keeping her promise to me by wanting to reverse the choice. She said that by seeing other people and staying away from each other, that if we found our way back to each other, we would know it was ment to be. I still don’t understand why she thinks we need to see other people, I told her I had done that, and I wanted to be with her.

“Yeah but Max, I haven’t. I’ve never been with anyone else. I’ve never wanted too. I always thought we would be together, but now I’m scared that is just the cjoice interfering. And besides you said yourself that you never dated any of those girls for communication, you never gave them a chance. Max, I don’t want us to get into a relationship, not knowing if there is anyone else out there for us…I want us to be sure.” Liz tried to explain.

“If your sure, than I’ll go with it. I wish there was another way, but this is how it has to be.”

Once we got home we explained to our parents about where we were and why we went. They were upset that we lied to them, but they understood that we needed to make our own choices. They understood our choice, and what we were asking them to help us out with. They all reluctantly agreed although you could tell they wanted to tell us to think about it again.

It’s been 2 weeks so far, and I haven’t seen or heard from Liz since she left the palace the day we came back. When the recluse said it would be diffcult, he wasn’t kidding. I’ve had to order the guards to keep me from going over to Liz’s mansion to talk her into being with me. I heard from Alex though, which actually surprised me very much. He came over to thank me for not telling Liz that he told me where she was going. And I couldn’t help myself, so I asked how she was.

“As good as can be expected, she hated being cooped up in her mansion all day long. Even though her room is huge, she felt like she was shut in…she said she felt like the recluse. So, she decided to uh… she decided to leave. She’s gone.” Alex said sitting in a chair across from my bed.

I jumped up when he said she was gone. “ What? What do you mean she’s gone? Where did she go? Why?”

“Well, I think I explained why, but ok. Look, it was so hard on her to been this close to you. She actually had to order the guards to keep her from coming to see you. So she left, she went to the neighboring planet of Chadwick. She will be back in about 6 months. She wanted to be home for her birthday.” Alex explains before getting up to leave.

“Alex, thanks. I know she probably didn’t want me to know. So thanks for trusting me.” I say leaning my elbows on my knees.

“Actually, its not a problem. Liz wanted you to know. You’ve changed Max, everyone sees it…even Maria. To tell you the truth, Maria didn’t want you two to reverse the choice, she thinks your perfect for each other.” Alex says.

“What about you? What do you think?”

“You’ve kept both the promises I’ve asked of you, so I say you need to make yourself happy now…So I should ask you…what makes you happy Max?”

I don’t even have to think to answer this question, its how I get through every day. “Liz. Seeing Liz happy, that makes me happy. She said reversing the choice and being with other people for a while would make her happy.”

“Than do that Max. It’s been two weeks and you haven’t left the palace. See other people. Be happy. Don’t let this time be in vain. The faster this tiem goes by, the faster you can see if you two belong together.” Alex says and walks out of the room. “Say Hi to your sister for me!” He calls from the hallway which causes me to laugh.

TBC... See you Wednesday or Thursday!