Behind Her Eyes (AU,M/L,ADULT)Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I'm back...early! Just like you guys like it. Anyway just want to say thanks for the kick ass feedback!! And welcome to the new readers...and a big cyber *wave* to the lurkers! Also must, must thank my beta Ellie (Earth2mama) cause I'm working her to the bone with this fic, I'm 3 parts away from completing it so YAY for me! You guys have a while to go before the end so don't worry!

OH...left you a little note at the bottom again :wink: Hope you enjoy!

Chapter 10

“Wow!” That was all Tess could say; her eyes opened wide when the limo finally reached the front gate of Liz’s home. It was a mansion, to say the very least.

“Damn! Maxwell, we need to step up our game. Shit, we need to live in a house like this!” Michael rolled the window down and stuck his entire body out of the limo for a better view.

Max barely heard a word they were even saying, he was too focused on the fact that beyond those iron gates was the love of his life. Not only that, there was something pulling at Max from the moment they started to approach the house. It was an overwhelming sense of uneasiness, something that wasn’t just coming from him. He didn’t have much time to think about it because a few seconds later, they approached the biggest mansion he had ever seen.

“Put your tongue back in your mouth Michael; you are starting to drool.” Tess said closing the window to the limo when they came to a stop.

“I was not drooling. Stop the exaggeration. You’re just excited to see Kyle, so just stop; you can’t hide it.” The banter began again accept this time, Max stopped it quickly.

“Yes dad,” both Tess and Michael mumble out when Max snapped.

“I’m sorry guys, but there’s just something…different.”

“Different?” Michael was looking for something a little more descriptive at the moment. Did Max sense danger or was something upsetting him?

“Yeah, I can’t explain it. It’s like, I feel this uneasiness but it’s not just me. It’s like, I can feel someone else…I…” Max was having a hard time explaining what it was he was feeling. He just hoped it passed soon before he saw Liz, if not surely she would think he was a basket case.

“Do you think we shouldn’t go in?” Tess asked worriedly. Max was never wrong about feelings but what did this one mean?

“No. It’s nothing bad, just weird. Let’s go.” Max said getting out of the limo followed by Tess then Michael.

“I feel so small.” Tess said in a whispered voice.

“Don’t feel bad, so do I.” Max said giving her a small comforting smile.

“No way! Do you see that?” Michael said, racing over to the six-car garage. There parked were one each of the most expensive cars in today’s market. He was speechless at this point.

“What is that? Michael doesn’t have anything to say?” Max said smiling. He had to admit the cars were nice; the house was what was really grabbing his attention. It was a Mediterranean style, three-story house, with a wrap around porch on the third floor and there were windows everywhere. Walking up the front steps you could see on either side of the steps were two butterfly fountains. Even the front door had butterflies etched into it. She must love butterflies, Max thought to himself.

After ringing the bell, Kyle opened the door and greeted them.

“Hi guys! How are you doing?” Kyle was more than excited to get to see Tess once again; maybe he would be able to talk to her alone later, or so he hoped.

“Hey Kyle, we’re doing alright.” Max and Michael state, and Tess…well Tess was too busy staring at Kyle to say anything. Max quickly nudged her a little and she snapped back to reality.

“Oh, sorry. Hi Kyle! I’m doing great!” Boy she’s a chipper one wasn’t she? Kyle thought; not that it mattered, he liked her.

“Hi guys! I’m so glad you could make it!” Maria breezed into the foyer quickly embracing Tess, Max and finally Michael. Michael closed his eyes briefly to take in her scent. She smelled like a mixture of the ocean and fresh pears; a weird combination but it was quickly becoming his favorite scent.

The exchange between Maria and Michael didn’t go unnoticed, and Max simply quirked his eyebrow at Michael after he pulled away from Maria. Michael just shrugged and followed Maria into the living room.

“This house is amazing.” Tess began but was quickly cut off by Liz descending the long spiral staircase.

Max sucked in his breath; he still couldn’t believe he was in the same room with her. His dreams were coming true; he was defenseless to stop them. He thought she was more beautiful than last night. He didn’t know how it was possible, but she was. Her hair was pulled back away from her face, allowing him an unobstructed view of her beautiful features. He wanted to reach out a hand to her when she reached the last step. Before he even knew it, he did.

“Thank you.” Liz smiled shyly at him. There was something about him that screamed at her to hold on, but she pushed it back. She couldn’t help but notice how he looked. She thought he was hot in dress clothes. He was dripping in sex appeal with a pair of faded blue jeans and black T-shirt. The fact that his biceps were stretching the material to its capacity did not go unnoticed by Liz. She suddenly felt the need to lick her dry lips. Was it hot in here all of a sudden? She thought to herself.

“I’m sorry I was late. I wasn’t feeling well this morning…”

“Are you okay?” Max asked quickly, not realizing how concerned he sounded; not only to her but also to everyone in the room. Maria just smiled; she knew she was right. Max was definitely the one Liz needed all her life. She just hoped that he could handle the Liz Parker only a select few got to meet and that after she pushed him away, that he would be able to see past her pain and really see the person she is inside.

“I’m fine. Thank you Max.” Liz smiled genuinely at him. She didn’t know what it was but she knew that he was concerned for her.

“How about we go outside? Lunch is waiting for us.” Maria led the way and everyone followed. They ate, while having a casual conversation. Unbeknownst to both Tess and Maria, they were at the same time trying to figure out how to get Max and Liz alone together.

“This house is just so beautiful.” Tess spoke up, after the plates were removed from the table.

“Thank you. My mother helped with the renovations, planning and decorating.” Liz said while taking a sip of her cherry coke. Max couldn’t lie; he was damn near jumping in his seat when he found out that was her favorite soda.

“Did she love butterflies?” Max asked. Liz’s head snapped up from her drink and she stared straight into Max’s eyes.

“Y-you noticed them?” Max simply nodded. Liz grew quite and Max knew that he must have said something wrong. Sensing the awkward moment, Maria quickly changed the subject; as if knowing that if she was waiting for an opportunity, it just presented itself.

“Michael? Tess? Would you like a tour of the house? Kyle and I would love to take you.” Maria didn’t leave much room for argument, quickly ushering them from their chairs and into the house.

“Hey, what the hell?” Michael didn’t know what the hell was going on but he wanted to know.

“Look…Michael, there are things about Liz that even I don’t know about and I’m her best friend. For some reason, I think that the only person that can help her is your friend Max.” Maria said seriously.

“What’s wrong with her?” Tess asked concerned. She saw the seriousness of the situation etched across Maria’s face.

“We don’t know, but something happened. She won’t tell either of us.”

“You are her best friend, so…” Michael wasn’t getting it.

“Maria? We shouldn’t be airing Liz’s business like this. It’s her choice.” Kyle quickly stepped into the big brother role.

“Oh, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to pry; I just…I’m sorry.” Tess said softly and Michael quickly wrapped and arm around her shoulder. Kyle noticed Tess’ sad expression and wanted to kick himself for putting it on her face.

“Tess? I’m sorry, it’s just that she has people in her face every single day. Every move she makes is printed and lies about her life just escalate. I know you are not here to get information. It’s just I’m so used to it and…” Tess reached out her had to Kyle’s arm, telling him she understood.

“So, how about that tour blonde?” Michael said slipping back into his player role. Maria liked it a lot. He was cocky and confident; just want she was looking for.

“Sure thing.” Sexy. Maria added silently to herself leading them around the rest of the house.

Meanwhile, outside, Liz and Max sat in uncomfortable silence. Max felt terrible that he may have hurt Liz with his words. He quickly rose to his feet and bent down beside her chair.

“Liz.” He waited for her to look at him. He saw the sadness in her eyes and wished that he could take it away.

“I’m so sorry, I didn’t know. I’m just sorry.” Max said regretfully. Liz turned away and focused her attention to the far end of her property, then looked back at Max.

“You feel like taking a walk?”

“Sure.”

Liz stood and they both walked side by side until they reached what looked like a rose garden. There was a bench in the middle of the beautiful colored roses. Liz walked over and reached out her hand for Max to follow, which he did without hesitation.

When she didn’t speak up, Max decided this was going to be a lot harder than he ever thought. He didn’t think that mentioning her mother would have upset her, seeing as how she brought her into the conversation to begin with; now he realized that there must be some significance to the butterflies he mentioned.

“They’re so beautiful,” Max, said looking at his surroundings. There were roses in every color; red, white, yellow and pink. Some brighter than others but just as beautiful.

“It was my mothers. She loved to come out here everyday. She would sit here for hours just reading; it helped her deal with the craziness that became her life.” Max just nodded, not knowing what to say. He didn’t know her, not really. He was finally starting realize that. She wasn’t what he saw on television or in interviews; she was a person with feelings and emotions living in this un-perfect world, just like him.

Liz didn’t know why she was telling Max, a virtual stranger, all this stuff about her life. She just knew she could trust him; it was that feeling again; a feeling she tried to push back, but it was surfacing and she was defenseless to stop it.

“When she got sick, I’d bring her out here as often as I could. I’d just sit and read to her. When she got so sick she couldn’t come outside, I decided to take pictures and hang them all over her bedroom. That way, when she woke up, she would feel like she was sitting right here.” Liz finished sadly. She missed her mother more than words could ever express.

Max saw the longing and sadness in her expression, so he quickly reached out his hand and covered her much smaller one with it. She was so soft, just like he imagined. He wanted to help her, but he didn’t know how or if she even wanted his help for that matter. He wanted her to trust him; he decided that in order to trust someone you have to get to know them, so he properly introduced himself.

“Maxwell Philip Evans.” Liz turned to him and raised her eyebrow in confusion.

“That’s my full name. Just thought that if we’re going to be friends, that you should know that.” Liz just smiled at him and nodded.

“Well, since we are properly introducing ourselves, then I should give you my name.” Max was about to protest but Liz’s finger on his lips stopped him.

“Elizabeth Marie Evans…I mean…ParkerParker that’s my last name.” Liz hung her head in embarrassment. Did she just say Evans? Kill me now! She thought.

Max was in shock for a minute, before he realized how embarrassed she was; he quickly recovered.

“Oh I know you’re rich but damn Parker, my name is not for sale. The only way to get it is if you earn it.” Max winked at her, but meant it in every way. He wanted her to carry his name more than anything but that was wishful thinking on his part.

Liz couldn’t believe he had just said that, but she appreciated that he didn’t let the awkward moment last too long. She just laughed with him when he said that his name wasn’t for sale, that she would have to earn it. How she wished she could earn it. Where did that come from? She didn’t know where these thoughts were coming from but it was getting out of control. What she needed was to stay in control but being with Max was making that an impossible challenge.

It was going to be a long day; she just hoped that she didn’t slip to far into the Max Abyss before nightfall.

TBC…I posted today a new part to Confessions of a Bachelorette AND I'll be back on Wednesday with another update for this one *hugs*
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - So I'm back early again...you guys are so spoiled LOL! But it's all good cause you leave me the best feedback! This part goes out to Tiph...cause unlike other people who shall remain nameless *cough*Rebecca*cough* I don't tease (well maybe I do but you get my point!)

So glad you guys liked the last part and I know you have questions and I'm not avoiding them in any way, but once again Tiph (frenchkiss70) is reading my mind :wink:

Lastly...BIG WAVE to *Cherie* and the other new readers or lurkers since I'm not sure LOL!

Chapter 11

After Maria finished the tour, filled with her and Michael flirting back and forth enough to make Kyle and Tess sick to their stomachs, they entered the living room to find Max and Liz laughing.

Maria stopped dead in her tracks. Liz was laughing, not that she didn’t but it was the way she was. Her entire face was lit up with happiness, happiness that Max Evans put there. Maria had to find out their full names, so she decided to ask casually while she was showing them the rest of the house.

“So, did you finish the tour?” Liz said standing up, walking over to Maria.

“Yeah…but of course I left the really cool things for you to show them.” Maria winked. Tess, Michael and Max all looked at each other their curiosity now piqued.

“Don’t worry guys, I’ll show you them later tonight. It’s much prettier at night. So, what are we going to do now?” Liz asked not wanting Max to leave just yet. He was quiet and shy, that much she could tell, but he was so funny. He had just finished telling her a joke. In addition to that, she learned that Tess was his best friend, he had a sister Isabel, who just had a baby named Nicholas and was married to Jesse. When she asked about Michael, Max had simply said he was his brother, maybe not through birth but in every sense of the word. She could tell family was really important to Max. She thought that was a great quality.

“Well, what do you normally do on a day you don’t have to work?” Tess asked Liz, who couldn’t answer the question. This was the first time in her life she didn’t have a movie to shoot, or a premiere party to attend; she had absolutely nothing to do.

“Actually, this is going to sound funny but I don’t have a clue. I’ve worked everyday since I was nine, and this is the first time in my life I’ve had a break.”

“Amen to that!” Everyone’s head snapped towards Maria.

“What? Look…I’m this girl’s assistant. Now granted, I haven’t been her assistant since I was nine but hell I was eighteen. I was even her assistant while I attended college; talk about a hectic schedule.” They all started laughing.

“Alright. Liz? Since you don’t know how to just sit around and do nothing, take it from the master of sitting on his ass…”

“This is true.” Max coughed out earning him a small giggle from Liz. He couldn’t help but smile about that. Michael let that comment slide since he saw how happy Max was.

“As I was saying, we are going to rent some movies, eat a lot of junk food and lay around all day.” Michael said pretty proud of himself.

“Great idea Michael, except I don’t have a lot of junk food. Actually, I don’t have a lot of food in general. I usually eat out, but I do have movies.” Liz finished softly. She knew how to cook, her mother taught her, but after her mother died she didn’t have anyone to enjoy meals with. Maria was usually busy as was Kyle. When they did get together, it was usually in between meetings or filming.

“Then we have to go shopping, now don’t we!” Tess said following Michael’s thinking. This could be fun, she thought. Plus, she wanted to spend more time with Kyle. She was realizing the longer she spent time with him, the more she liked him. He made her feel things she never knew she could; things that she never felt with any other guy she was with in the past.

“Ah, well that’s going to be kind of hard.”

“What? Why?” Michael asked not realizing what the problem was.

“Liz can’t just go out shopping Michael.” Liz turned and smiled gratefully at Max. He knew what she was thinking, and she loved that about him. Love. Did she just say love? No, she liked that about him.

“Right Max.”

“Okay then. Tess, Maria, Kyle and I will go. You and Max stay here and hold down the fort or…whatever; just pick out some movies.” Michael said already making his way towards where he thought the front door was.

“Sounds good to me.” Maria said following Michael.

“Oh Liz?” Michael turned around wanting to know something that has been eating at him ever since they got to the house.

“Yeah?”

“Are all those cars yours?” Liz just smiled and laughed.

“Well, two of them are not. Those belong to Maria and Kyle, but yes the rest are. And you know what Michael?”

“What?”

“You get your choice; the keys are in the garage.” Liz smiled and Max already knew what was coming.

“No fucking way! Are you serious?” He said speechless twice in one day. Who knew?

“Is she serious?” Michael turned to Kyle and Maria who both just nodded. Liz was a woman of her word.

Michael practically ran back into the living room, lifted Liz up and kissed her cheek; then he gently placed her back on the ground. “Thank you so much!”

“Alright, who’s got shotgun?!” Michael said as they piled outside the door making their way to the garage.

Max was jealous that Michael got to kiss and hold Liz. If only he was that daring. Oh well. Nice guys always finish last, he thought.

“Max?”

“Y-yeah?” Her sweet voice pulled him from the trenches of jealousy.

“Did you want to come upstairs with me? We could pick out some movies?” If only she knew that he would follow her to the sun; if only she asked.

“Sounds good.” She made her way up the stairs, Max following behind her up. He couldn’t help as his eyes wandered all over her body. His eyes roamed down her slender neck, to her delicate shoulders and trim waist, her perfectly shaped backside, down to her trim legs. What he wouldn’t give to be able to run his hands all over her body. It was suddenly getting very warm in the room. He hoped they made it to the top of the stairs soon, otherwise he could not be held accountable for his actions.

After reaching the top step, they made a quick left down a long hallway. Liz started talking, pulling Max again from his impure thoughts.

“So, Max…I have to give you the tour. I hope you’re not leaving soon?” Liz didn’t want to come off desperate, but what if he was leaving tomorrow or the next day?

“No. We are actually here until next week.” Liz nodded. Finally, they came to two wooden doors. Liz reached out and opened both doors revealing a massive sized home theater.

“Shit! This is amazing!” Max said taking in the first look of the room.

“Yeah…I couldn’t go to the movies anymore, so I decided to have this built. It’s not the same effect when there are only like three people in the room as compared to a packed movie theater, but it works.” Liz smiled, making her way over to a control pad across the room.

A few seconds later, the lights were all on and Max got a better view of the room. The walls were black; the recliners were a deep red color with pillows everywhere. Just then, he heard something on the wall behind him. When he turned to look, he couldn’t believe his eyes. The walls surrounding them opened to reveal movie after movie. He couldn’t believe it! Not even Blockbuster had that many movies.

“Damn! What Michael and I wouldn’t do for a room like this. He is going to flip out when he sees this room. You better watch out, he might not put you down this time.” Max joked with her.

“Well then, I guess you’ll have to protect me then; won’t you?” Liz said coming to stand in front Max. He looked down into her face. He could tell she was waiting for him to react, so he did the only thing he could think about doing.

He reached out his hands to caress her face, licking his lips in anticipation and then bent his head to brush a feather light kiss on her lips. His heartbeat started to race frantically from that one kiss. He needed to taste her; the urge was too strong not to.

Liz didn’t know what to expect. It was soft and light, but perfect. She wanted more. She had a small taste of him but needed more. They both came together once again; this time the kiss was deepened. Max slanted his lips fiercely over Liz’s. She responded with a small moan. He moved his hands down her body and pulled her closer to him. He wanted to crawl inside of her at that moment. The minutes passed and the need for air became too great. They pulled away, panting. Max rested his forehead against hers and brushed the loose strands of hair away from her face.

“That was…” Liz whispered out of breath.

“Yeah.” Max smiled, kissing the tip of her nose. She tasted and smelled as sweet as she looked to Max. They stood that way for a few minutes. Max didn’t want to let her go; he never wanted to let her go.

“So, you want to pick some out?” Liz said slowly backing away. She didn’t know what came over her. Regardless of how she felt, she didn’t know Max and she had to keep her guard up.

“Okay…well do you have like one of everything?”

“Yes…I do I can’t help it. They are all in alphabetical order if that helps.” Liz gave him a small smile.

“It’s a start.” Max could feel her apprehension and decided to let it go for now. In fact, he decided not to even begin to think about the fact that when he kissed her, he could feel emotions…one’s that he knew without a doubt didn’t belong to him.

TBC… :twisted:
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I'm back with a new part that I hope you all enjoy. But first I want to say thank you so much for the f'ing amazing feedback! I'm so happy you guys are enjoying it so much!!

Chapter 12

“We have returned!” Michael shouted, as they entered the house. Almost two hours and at least three hundred dollars later, Michael, Tess, Maria and Kyle got back to Liz’s house. They got a lot accomplished in those two hours.

In fact, Michael and Maria had a date tomorrow night, as did Tess and Kyle. They did some major bonding. They all came to the agreement that since they were only in town until next week, they’d give Max and Liz as much time together alone. It seemed to be doing them good.

Max and Liz were in the kitchen, getting the drinks to bring upstairs to the theater. There was a refrigerator, microwave oven, popcorn popper and any other amenity one would need in a theater, including a bathroom.

“In here guys!” Liz yelled out. A few seconds later, they all pile into the kitchen with at least twenty bags of food.

“That can’t be all junk food!” Liz said surprised, looking over at Max standing behind the counter. He just shook his head, “That’s Michael for you.”

“Oh no…Max you have to see it to believe it. You thought Michael was bad; Maria is worse.” Tess said still surprised herself.

“Really? Worse?” Max couldn’t believe it. Michael was a junk food junkie without a doubt and damn proud of it.

“No way Maxwell. You know I’m the champion, but blonde over here? She’s a close second.” Michael said winking at Maria. Max noticed how close they seemed to have become so quickly. With any other girl, Max wouldn’t even bat an eyelash but Maria seemed like a no nonsense kind of girl; exactly what Michael needed in his life.

“Good to know!” Max said, taking a peak at the food in the bags.

“Alright, let’s see what we are bringing upstairs first.” Michael said digging into the bags.

“Michael? I’ve I got something to show you. In fact, guys just leave the food in the bags. Let’s just bring it all upstairs.” Max said looking at Liz for confirmation.

“That’s right. Max can you help me with these?” Liz said, wanting to talk to Max in private before they headed back upstairs.

“Sure.” Max knew she had something to say, he just hoped it wasn’t anything too bad.

They waited until everyone else left, then Liz walked around the counter to stand in front of Max. She resisted the urge to kiss him again, as hard as it was.

“I just…I wanted to let you know that I don’t just, you know, go around kissing guys because…I mean despite what people say I…” It was Max’s turn to silence her with his fingers.

“I don’t think of you like that Liz. You don’t have to worry about it. I would never think of you like that.” Liz was awed by his seriousness. He didn’t even know her but he did, how was that possible? She thought.

“Really?” She moved closer to him, their bodies a breath away.

“Really.” Max whispered, kissing her forehead. He reached down, wrapping her hand in his, and led her upstairs with the bottles of soda in his hands.

At that moment, Liz knew now more than ever, she was falling hard and fast for Max Evans and she didn’t know how to stop.

They finally got the movie going after Michael and Maria argued about what to watch. It was quite comical to everyone. After about twenty minutes, Max and Kyle had to referee, leaving Tess and Liz laughing hysterically on the floor.

Maria took a seat next to Michael. Tess and Kyle were already laying over one another and Max and Liz were fighting not to touch one another. Liz was terrified because she never felt that way about a guy before, not even Josh. She had never wanted to be with anyone the way she wanted to be with Max.

Besides the fact that he was drop dead gorgeous, with a great personality, he was understanding, sympathetic and so kind. He was a really nice guy. She didn’t think they still existed in this world.

Max could smell her sweet scent, as she sat next to him; it reminded him of delicate flowers just after a rainstorm. He was falling in love, for the first time. He may have loved her from a far, but that was Liz Parker the movie star. Now he had the chance to love Elizabeth Marie Parker and he didn’t want to let go.

He knew it would happen; he fought for it not to happen, but now that it has he didn’t want the feeling to end. He would do everything he could to stay with her, not matter what.

“I think I’m going to be sick.” Maria grumbled as she crawled her way to the bathroom. Michael quickly followed her, but she kicked him out. She could not allow him to see her puke her brains out; it just was not attractive.

“Light weight!” Michael yelled through the door when he heard her retching.

“Michael, would you stop! She doesn’t feel good. You shouldn’t have let her eat the whole tube of cookie dough!” Tess reprimanded him. She knew that Maria liked Michael. Maria had told her when Kyle and Michael were playing touch football down one of the aisles at the supermarket. She didn’t want Michael messing it up.

She and Kyle, however, had already made plans for the rest of the week; she couldn’t wait. But there was one thing she needed to do before anything happened. She had to call Jeremy. She was dating him and even if nothing came of her and Kyle, she couldn’t go around behind his back. She needed to break things off first thing when she got back to the hotel.

Maria finally emerged from the bathroom. Michael was by her side instantly helping to hold her up. Liz noticed how protective Michael was of Maria already and he just met her. That’s when she realized it; they were all protective in their own right. Are they from another planet or what? Surely they couldn’t be that caring and be human right? She thought.

“I’m okay, but hungry.”

“Huh?” Tess was confused and Kyle explained that, that was what Maria did. After she got sick, she got hungry.

“Well, we could change and I could have the cooks make us a barbeque.” Liz suggested, thinking it was dark out finally so they could all go out back for a swim.

“Cooks? Why would they make the barbeque?” Liz and Maria looked at one another but they didn’t understand the question.

“What Michael is saying in code, is why have them do it when we could?” Max said immediately when he realized that again, their lives were different. They were used to having people do things for them. Not wanting them to feel bad, he stepped up with the explanation.

“Oh! Sorry…I mean I just usually have them do it because I don’t know how.” Liz shrugged and Max was quickly at her side rubbing her shoulders telling her it was okay that they would take care of it.

“Thanks.” Liz offered him a small smile.

“Now…you mentioned us getting changed? Well we didn’t bring a change of clothes.” Tess spoke up getting back to the matter at hand.

“That’s okay; the pool house has the latest designs in just about every size. Take your pick, they are yours. I’ll be back down. I have to get changed.” Liz smiled and left the room.

Max, of course, couldn’t think clearly. She was going to change into a bathing suit. Thank goodness he had healing abilities for when his heart stopped; surely he would need to be revived after seeing her.

“I’ll just show you guys out and we can get changed.” Maria said ushering them out of the room and down the hall.

Max, however, was planted in his spot. “Maxwell, stop the fucking drooling and let’s go. You’re about to see the girl of your dreams in a bathing suit up close and personal. You can’t miss that!” Michael patted Max on the back breaking him from his fantasy world.

“I hope I survive it.” He mumbled to himself before making his way downstairs.

“What the fuck was I thinking! Damn it! I can’t go out there and see him in a pair of shorts and no shirt! I’m fucking crazy! I need a cigarette.” Liz berated herself while searching through her closet for the second time today for the perfect suit to wear. She then began to wonder what Max’s favorite color was.

“Black!” Can’t go wrong with that color. She quickly changed and ran outside on her balcony for a quick smoke. She went to light the cigarette and thought about kissing Max.

“I’ll smell like an ashtray! Damn it Liz; get your shit together!” She ran back inside abandoning the unlit cigarette and quickly brushed her teeth and sprayed some perfume on, then made her way down stairs.

Everyone was already outside. She walked around back and saw that Maria had not lit it up fully. That was the least of her worries. Right at that moment, the fact that Max Evans was half naked, with his perfectly sculpted body and protruding muscles in all the right areas, was now standing not more than five feet from her had her taking a step back trying to get her breathing under control.

“You okay babe?” Maria popped out from behind Liz, scaring her half to death.

“Damn it Maria! You scared the shit out of me! I though you were already outside.” Liz said now trying to get her heart back to normal.

“I was, but I needed to get this thing Michael calls a ‘flipper’.” Maria said raising the spatula in the air. Liz just giggled.

“So, I see you and Michael are getting along well?” Liz said trying to prolong the amount of time she could stare at Max from a far without him knowing.

“Yes we are. We have a date tomorrow!” Maria smiled brightly, taking a quick peek over at Michael and his well-defined chest. He must work out after eating all that junk food. Then her eyes wandered over to Max.

“Damn Liz, you really bagged a serious hottie.”

“Maria! Don’t say things like that! I didn’t bag Max.” Liz let her eyes slip back to Max who was now facing her direction. She followed the ridges in his chest all the way down and licked her lips when she saw the shorts hanging low on his waist. If only it were to just fall to the ground. Oops! Oh she was in deep, she needed to stop and she knew it.

“Oh girl, he is so far gone; it’s not even funny, just like you are.”

“Me? I’m not gone Maria. I’m right here.” Liz stated firmly.

“Yeah, right. You are taking off his shorts with your eyes; did you forget I’m the one that taught you how to do that?” Maria threw her arm around Liz when she saw the embarrassed state her friend was now in.

“I’m just messing with you Liz. I can’t say that Max isn’t a great influence on you, in fact they all are. I mean normally we would never let this sort of thing happen, but for the first time in a long time I feel…”

“Normal.” Liz finished knowing exactly what Maria was getting at.

“And happy Liz; don’t forget that. Because we all need to smile, right?”

“Right.” Liz and Maria both started laughing.

“You okay right? I mean with Max?”

“Yes, of course. I feel so safe with him Maria. I know I’ve only spent a few hours with him, but I trust him. It’s like…I know no matter what, he would understand.”

Maria was counting on Max being the kind of person both he and Liz thought he was; he was her only hope in getting her friend back. And in the process, she hoped that Liz would find her one and only true love; then she would know that it really did exist.

Max had seen her talking to Maria from the corner of his eyes. What he wouldn’t have given to be a fly on the wall. He studied her from a far with the little light provided from the lamps around the property.

She was perfect. Everything he knew she would be, but he wasn’t naïve. He knew there was something bothering her, something that was just below the surface. If he looked hard enough, if he searched her soul deep enough, he would see what she hides behind her eyes.

TBC…FYI: Someone To Love You and Confessions of a Bachelorette have been updated today as well! *hugs*
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - Since I won't be online tomorrow...company christmas party...YAY...(insert eye roll here)...Here is the new part! Thank you guys so much for the feedback I love reading it!

I know you guys have questions regarding Liz's origin and I would answer it but you're going to get the answer in just a few more parts...so unless you can't hold out and really need to know just PM me and I'll tell ya :wink:

Quick note to: AmberEyed51 - You won't get a peek but yeah...just something to read to stimulate your mind...in just a few more parts :oops:

Chapter 13

Tess and Kyle were sitting, quietly talking, while Michael and Max finished cooking the food. It would have been easier to use their powers, but it was much more fun for them when they did things without them. There was just something about the fact that there was a much easier and quicker way of doing things; they never got anything out of doing it like that. Besides that, they just couldn’t go using their powers in front of everyone either; no matter how much they trusted them.

Liz had finally made her way over with Maria. Both girls were wearing bathrobes and Michael and Max were like dogs in heat. They wanted to see what was underneath them. Their wishes were granted a second later, when both robes came off.

Could that bikini get any smaller? Max thought, Oh I wish! Was his very next thought. Michael was just speechless. Maria was wearing a dark green string bikini that left nothing to the imagination and Michael had a good imagination. Suddenly, the flames on the grill grew and both Max and Michael looked at one another; they knew it was their powers reacting to their emotions. They needed to get them under control.

“Hey are you guys almost done? It smells great,” Liz said leaning over the grill savoring the aroma. Max couldn’t help but think she was once again more beautiful then before in the moonlight. Was there ever a time she wouldn’t be exquisite to him? He wondered.

“Thanks! Hope you’re hungry!” Michael said.

“Oh can you guys come over here for a minute?” Liz motioned for everyone to join her near the pool area, which was a few yards away. They all followed.

“Okay. Lizzie, light that baby up!” Maria shouted and they all waited to see just what the hell she was talking about.

“That is so beautiful Liz!” Tess said and covered her mouth in awe. It was different, unique and absolutely breathtaking.

“You like it?” Liz smiled. Max was suddenly standing beside her. He felt her apprehension again and just wished he knew if it was about him or something else.

“Yes! Are you kidding? I’ve never seen anything like it.” Max said while rubbing her arm gently trying to soothe the emotions he was feeling coming off of her.

“Thank you.” They all stood there watching the most beautiful waterfall they had ever seen. It was the length of an Olympic sized pool and about ten feet in height. The water cascaded down rocks that were all lit in a rainbow of colors, which wasn’t what made it unique. What made it unique was the fact that on each individual rock there were butterflies that changed colors as the water passed over them. In addition, the bottom of the pool was lit with the same butterflies changing colors. It was indescribable in beauty.

“I love just sitting on my balcony watching it. I could sit and watch it for hours on some nights.” Liz rubbed her arms, suddenly feeling cold. Max saw her and quickly wrapped his arms around her, giving her some of his warmth.

Liz wanted to sigh when he wrapped his big, strong, warm arms around her. It was almost too much; the emotions added with the touch of Max against her. She never wanted him to let go.

“Let’s eat!” Michael said breaking the moment. Max reluctantly let Liz go. Their time was winding down and he didn’t want it to end.

“I don’t feel so good.” Maria grumbled leaning over into Michael’s arms. He pushed her blonde hair away from her face.

“Well maybe you shouldn’t have eaten a rack of ribs and two hot dogs Maria.” Liz said knowing full well that Maria over ate as usual.

“Hey…you should have stopped me!” Maria said in a muffled voice she now had her head buried in Michael’s chest.

“Right. Now it’s my fault, right Maria!” Whoa! What the hell just happened? Liz just went all multiple personality on Maria, Michael thought.

“Liz.” Maria looked at her best friend. This wasn’t the Liz that was laughing and happy all day; no it was the ‘other’ Liz as Maria liked to refer to her by.

“I’m sorry. Look, I’m just tired.” Liz knew the day was getting to her. She was trying so hard to fight the feelings she had for Max and push away her dreams from last night at the same time. It was beginning to take its toll.

“It’s okay, it is getting late. We should call it a night.” Tess said. She knew that Max would be upset, but also sensed there was something going on that they obviously knew nothing about.

“Yeah. Besides, we’ll see you tomorrow.” Kyle said helping Tess up and into the house to get her things.

Liz felt terrible. She couldn’t control her feelings and now everyone was leaving. If everyone left then that would leave her alone; she didn’t want to be alone.

“That’s right. You guys have dates right?” Liz said trying to lighten the mood she put a damper on.

“Yes, we do.” Michael said. Normally he would have jumped all over Liz, but for some reason he sensed something about her. There was something they didn’t know; she was dealing with it the best way she knew how. He would have to talk to Max about that. There’s absolutely no reason on this planet that he should be sensing that much about her.

“Goodnight Liz. Thank you for a great day…Oh and the sweet ride!” Michael said hugging Liz goodbye and placing a kiss on her cheek.

“Thank you Michael. It was great. We need to do it again before you guys leave.” Liz smiled on outside, but was crying inside; she needed everyone out really soon. She was just barely holding on.

Just then, Max was hit with a wave of helplessness. He turned to look at Liz and there it was again, she was smiling. If he looked hard enough though, it never reached her eyes. He was worried for her but what could he do? He couldn’t demand that she tell him what was wrong; hell he couldn’t even demand that she let him stay.

“Liz?” She turned to him, resisting the demanding urge to beg him to stay.

“Here’s my cell number, in case you need anything. Just call me, okay?” She grabbed the card from his hand like it was her lifeline.

“Thanks.”

“Promise me Liz; promise me if you need me, you’ll call me.” Max looked at her and for a second Liz thought that somehow he knew what she was thinking, but that was not possible.

“I promise.” Liz said, but not reassuringly enough for Max. Max turned around to get in the limo. Maria and Kyle had already left. Tess and Michael were practically asleep in the limo at that point.

“Max.” Liz needed to tell him something before he left.

“Yeah?”

“Thank you for today. I don’t think I’ve laughed or smiled so much in one day since before my mom died. Thank you for that. It really means a lot to me.” Liz smiled at Max; this time it reached her eyes. He smiled back at her. “You’re welcome Liz. Bye.” He got into the limo and closed the door. Liz stood and watched the taillights of the limo drive away.

“Bye Max.” She wrapped her arms around herself once again, feeling the coldness of the night despite the fact that it was at least seventy-five outside.

She wasn’t cold because of the temperature though. She was cold because he was gone. For the first time in her life, she knew what it felt like to be in love with someone…

“It really does exist.” She whispered right before closing the door, making her way upstairs to bed.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - So I'm early...and I want to say we are getting to about the halfway point of this story. On that note...I'm glad you guys were able to hold out...because you are getting your answer in THIS part! Also...to those of you asking for *nookie* and you know who you are...it's *coming* but PERSONALLY I think I'm providing enough *nookie* in Confessions :twisted: Thanks for the always amazing feedback!!! I love reading what you guys think is gonna happen...it's makes it fun for me!!!

Here goes...

Chapter 14

They made it back to the hotel. Michael and Tess had crashed instantly; Max, however, stayed up to watch some television. Later, he decided he needed someone to talk to; he knew Tess was too tired so, he called his sister.

“Hi Iz. Did I wake you?” Max whispered into the phone and thought maybe it was a mistake to call her so late.

“No, I just got Nicky down and I’m reading right now. So, what’s been going on?” Isabel was so happy to hear from her brother, she had been bit worried.

“Well, I had what I thought was the best night of my night tonight. I met her Iz; Tess did what she set out to do…” Isabel cut him off.

“Wow! Max, I’m so happy for you. So, how was it? How is she?” Max smiled thinking about Liz. He went on to tell her everything he thought about her but Isabel knew Max didn’t call her so late because of that.

“Tell me Max. What’s going on?”

“Michael, Tess and I spent the entire day with her and her two friends, Kyle and Maria. Iz, it was the best day of my life. I even kissed her and…” Isabel shrieked but Max was quiet…too quiet.

“What?”

“Nothing.” Max was going to tell her about the feelings he was having but decided to first tell her about the meeting with Cal.

“What did he mean by that Max?”

“I have no idea Iz, but I’m starting to think he knows more than he’s telling me. I mean when I got closer to her house, I could sense her feelings. At first, I didn’t know they were hers but later in the day I could clearly tell I was sensing not only her feelings but mine as well. That’s not normal Iz.” Max said worriedly.

“I know, but I mean what if you formed a connection with her without knowing it and…” Isabel was trying to make sense of the situation.

“No, that can’t be right. In order to form a connection, you know that we have to willingly do it. It just doesn’t “happen”. That’s not how it works.”

“I know Max, but it doesn’t make sense. How about her thoughts? You can’t hear them right?”

“No, but I can tell when she’s holding something back. Even when she’s genuinely happy, or sad and it’s freaking me out. As odd as that sounds.” Max said still getting chills. Even though he can sense Michael, Tess, Isabel, Jesse and now Nicholas, that didn’t mean he could clearly feel their emotions. Or know when they were lying; he had to use common sense for those things, not powers. So why was it so strong with Liz; how could he form a connection with her and not know it? Things were not adding up and he knew he needed to find out what the hell was going on.

Max would surely have to knock down Cal’s door if he could hear Liz’s thoughts. The only way to hear another person’s thoughts would be to bond with them, and he did not bond with Liz, that he knew of. So far, the only ones to experience bonding were Isabel and Jesse. The only way to bond was to give your soul over to the other willingly; it couldn’t be forced or done without the other knowing. In fact, it would be impossible to bond with someone and them not know it since you had to make love in order for the process to take place.

“I just don’t know what the hell is happening.”

“Do you feel her now?”

“No.”

“Well then, maybe it only happens when you’re near her for some reason.” Isabel was trying to help her brother who seemed to be not that far off from a nervous breakdown.

“Maybe…I don’t know.” Max ran a hand through his hair. He was tired as hell and he knew he couldn’t solve anything tonight.

“Talk to Tess and Michael about it; see what they think.”

“I will Iz. I’m going to head to bed. I’ll talk to them and give you a call tomorrow. Say hi to Jesse and give Nicky a kiss for me. Love you.”

“I love you too and tell meat head and Tess I love them too.”

“I will…night Iz.” Max said with a slight chuckle.

“Night Max.” Max hung up the phone and dragged himself to bed.

It was going to be a long night. He just hoped he could get some sleep.

Across town Liz Parker was having a great dream; it had been a long time since that had happened. It was of her and Max. They were lying on a beach in the middle of nowhere wrapped in each other arms, while he loved her with his mouth and his body. She couldn’t get enough of him; he was everything she ever wanted and she wanted to be with him forever.

Almost instantly the dream changed; it was dark and Max was gone. She called out to him but he was nowhere to be seen. She was cold again…cold and lonely. She was sucked into the next dream…

<center>~~~~~~~~~~~~~</center>

“Liz baby, come here.” His breath reeked of alcohol and she just closed her eyes and prayed for her mother to find her, but she knew she wouldn’t. No one would find her, not tonight…like every night for the past two years.

“Leave me alone! I hate you!” She yelled, her voice was tiny and small but filled with so much anger. She was a mere five years old but knew these moments would stay with her for the rest of her life.

“Oh come on now, you love our time together don’t you? Now be a good girl and get on the bed.” He pulled her by her long brown hair and threw her against the mattress. She closed her eyes; she knew what was coming and she started to cry. She didn’t want to be weak but she knew she couldn’t fight him.

“Now don’t you have on such a pretty little dress, just for me?”

“No!” The sound of the slap she received ricocheted off the bedroom walls.

“Listen to me, you little brat! Your mother left me to watch you while she’s at work so just be a good girl a take it!” He gripped her face hard squeezing her cheeks together, tears slipped from the corners of her eyes uncontrollably.

“Yes Uncle John.” She whispered out biting back the rage. She knew he wasn’t beyond hurting her and blaming it on the fact that she fell off her bike or some other story he would invent so her mother wouldn’t find out.

“That’s right Lizzie, you listen to your Uncle John; now give me your hand.” She reluctantly reached out her hand and began to cry. She didn’t like it but he made her do it everyday. She would cry before, during, and after, wishing she could make it stop.

She felt dirty; he always told her that she liked it. That she was just lying, but she wasn’t lying, she hated it… hated him. But everyday for two years he would come into her bedroom, after her mother would leave for work, and make her do things to him. Things her mother told her to tell her if anyone ever asked her to do, but how could she?

Her mother would think it was her fault; she knew it. He told her that she would think she was dirty and that her mother wouldn’t want her anymore. All she had was her mother so, she never told.

“Please stop…p-please.” She would beg. Her tiny cries would fall on deaf ears. He didn’t care but every night she begged him.

“Please stop!”

“Please I don’t want to!”

“Don’t make me!”

“Shh it’s okay baby girl; it will be over soon.” He whispered from beside her.

“No!”

“Leave me alone!”

“Please!” She cried over and over again.

“No!”

<center>~~~~~~~~~~~~~</center>

“NO!” Liz shot up in bed her heart racing, sweat pouring from her body. It was getting more and more real to her. She didn’t know what to do to make the nightmares stop.

She rolled over in bed and saw a piece of paper sitting on her nightstand. She thought about it for a second before reaching out to her telephone and calling the one person she needed at that moment.

“Hello?” Max answered groggily.

“Max.” Liz said in a soft whisper before breaking down and crying.

“Liz? What’s wrong?” Max shot out of bed.

“I…just talk to me Max; please, I don’t want to be alone.” She cried into the phone and Max felt her fear shoot through him like a bullet. Something happened and he just hoped that when he got there she would tell him.

“I’m coming over.”

“No Max! Just…please, talk to me.” She begged him desperately.

“I can’t Liz. I have to come over, let me come over and I won’t leave you, I promise.” He begged her, his voice cracking slightly.

“O-okay.” She sniffled into the phone, “but don’t hang up,” she rushed out quickly.

“I won’t hang up not until I get there, okay?” He was already getting dressed and leaving a note for Tess and Michael.

“Just hurry Max.” Max made one final promise and then she couldn’t control the sobs from escaping. She didn’t know why but she needed him; she knew now more than ever that he was the one, the only one to help her.

The only problem was allowing herself to let him help. That would prove to be the biggest and hardest challenge either of them had to face.

TBC…Saturday
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I was going to warn you guys but it's a little difficult to do that without giving it away. I know it's shocking but unfortunately the world we live in, things like that do happen more often than not :x

Thea - I can totally sympathize with you on that last part. Let me put it to you this way; I didn't write that part based on something I saw in a movie once, it was based on real life for me. *hugs*

Now...I just want to quickly say...cause I know you guys are ANXIOUS for this next part, but I wanted to say THANK YOU SO MUCH for the Noms! Seriously I was totally shocked but thank you guys for thinking of me *MUAH* Here is the pretty banner...

Best Newcomer
Best Alternate Universe Writer
Most Improved Writer

Just a little fluff...

Chapter 15

Max managed to reach her house in twenty minutes. He needed some directions, so it was a good thing he was still on the phone with her. When he reached the gates, she told him she needed to let him in. He told her not to worry about it, and without even thinking, used his powers to open not only the gate, but her front door as well after she turned off the alarm.

“Liz, where is your room?” He had no idea where her bedroom was so he asked her when he reached to top of the stairs. She told him she would come to him, to just wait for her. So he did and from a far off distance he could hear the sound of a door opening and her tiny footsteps against the wood floor.

“M-Max.” Liz cried out when she saw him. He quickly ran to her side and lifted her into his arms, carrying her back to her room.

“It’s okay, I’m here. I’m not going to let anyone hurt you Liz. It’s okay.” He tried to calm down her crying but she wouldn’t stop. She held onto him, wouldn’t let go, and begged him not to let her go.

“I won’t let go Liz, never. I’ll never let you go.” He kissed the top of her head and she buried her face in the crook of his neck. They were lying down in her bed; she was practically scrunched into a tiny ball. He didn’t know what happened, but he held her until she fell asleep.

Some hours later, Liz woke up and saw Max was still holding her. He was sleeping and she studied his features in the moonlight. He truly is beautiful, she thought. He was there for her when she needed him. She had to wonder if maybe her mother sent him to her. Maybe now, where she was, she knew what happened to her little girl and was trying to help her. Or maybe…

“Liz?” She was somewhat startled not realizing that he had woken.

“Hi.” She smiled shyly and buried her head against his chest.

“Hey…you okay?” He asked concerned.

“Yes I am, thank you Max. I don’t know what happened but thank you.” She tiled her head up to him and gently placed a kiss against his lips which he returned eagerly. He nipped at her soft flesh, tugged, licked and sucked on it. He couldn’t get enough of her.

He buried his hands in her soft, silky hair and down her back bringing her that much closer. His lips devoured her by the second. His tongue sliding in and out of her warm mouth over and over, revealing in the fact that she was pressing her small perfect body against his and moaning out his name.

“Max…” Liz couldn’t get enough; he was consuming her mind, body and soul and she never wanted the feeling to end. She ran her hands down his hard muscular chest and under his shirt. His skin is so soft and smooth she thought. Their bodies were slowly becoming tangled; arms and limbs intertwining creating the perfect puzzle.

“Liz…” Max moaned out when she ran her hands down between them across his hardened erection and back up again. Her hand was so small in comparison to every part on his body and he loved it. He needed more of her, so he trailed his hand down her back and slowly lifted her nightgown. Liz pulled away and looked him in the eyes. She didn’t see someone that was going to hurt her; she saw someone that could love her. She closed her eyes giving Max silent permission to continue, which he did slowly while attacking her neck, nipping and sucking her delicate flesh, loving every breathy moan that escaped her luscious lips.

Liz crawled on top of Max and he gently lifted her gown over her head. She covered his lips with her mouth; she wanted to feel him against her, so she leaned up a little and tugged on his shirt. Max leaned up a little and let her remove it over his head and quickly pulled her back down against him. She felt so soft and smooth, perfect in his hands and against his body. She’s made for me, he thought.

In the back of his mind he was thinking they needed to slow things down. He didn’t know what was wrong with her before, but he didn’t want her using him as a distraction; he wanted this moment to be real and if he allowed it to go any further, she might regret it. He ran his hands down her exposed back and lower. He touched every part of her glorious body that she would let him.

Liz loved the feel of his hands on her. He touched her like no one else. He was both delicate and gentle; he was cherishing her and she loved it. She never wanted him to stop. She was grinding her body into his and she could feel his very impressive erection against her wet center. He still had his jeans on, but she laid exposed to him. Max knew he needed to stop but he just couldn’t. He rolled them over pinning her to the mattress. Liz quickly took advantage and unbuttoned his jeans, helping him slide them down his muscular thighs and legs.

Once he was settled between her legs, he kissed her breasts, swirling his tongue over each peek until they were stiff. He continued his way down to her belly and she parted her legs allowing him room to settle comfortably between her exposed center. When he reached her belly button, he took a moment and slid his tongue inside of it; he wanted to hear her moan once more. Once he heard it, he continued further south, the scent of her arousal heightened his state of sexual bliss and without hesitation he covered her wet flesh with his mouth.

“Max!” Liz dug her hands in his hair as she writhed beneath him. She loved the feeling of him taking her to ecstasy with his tongue and mouth, as she continued to moan out his name, waiting until that moment she felt total bliss.

Max was getting himself too worked up. He wanted her badly and didn’t know if he could just walk way at that point, but he wouldn’t stop until he felt, and tasted her climax. He continued to lick and suck at her sensitive flesh; she was close and he knew it. He pushed one finger inside her slick walls and it was his undoing. He then slid another into her, pushing them in and out of her while sucking on her sensitive nub until he felt her walls clamp down and her scream out his name. He placed once last kiss on her before pulling his drenched fingers from her and crawling back up her body, to find her panting out her breathes, looking completely satisfied.

“You okay?” He whispered out to her.

“Y-yes never better.” She smiled. Max returned the smile shyly and she couldn’t believe that after what he’d just done, that he was still shy.

“Tired?” He asked when he saw her yawn. He laid beside her and traced tiny circles on her belly.

“Yeah, but you didn’t get to…” She looked down and saw the evidence of his desire pressing angrily inside his boxers. He followed her line of vision. “Its okay baby…go to sleep, it was enough for me to see you that way. Especially since I’ve never done that before.” Max finished softly.

“What? You never did that before?” She asked in disbelief. She never had that done before, but it sure as hell felt like he was doing it right.

Max shook his head. She probably thought he did it all wrong or maybe she hated it or thought it was disgusting or…

“Max?”

“Yeah?”

“How old are you?”

“Twenty-seven why?”

“Why didn’t you before?”

“I never found the right girl.” He smiled shyly at her and then quickly kissed her on her cheek, pulling the covers over them.

Liz rolled over and laid against his chest. He wrapped his arms around her holding her closely. She wanted to be honest with him as much as she could be.

“Max?”

“Hmm?” He was about to fall asleep when he heard her sweet voice.

“I’ve never had that done before either.” She said in a small voice. She was embarrassed, but if he was willing to put himself out there, then she could as well.

“I know Liz…I know.” With that he fell asleep, without realizing what he had just said.

Liz didn’t understand what he was talking about; she just figured that he was tired. She snuggled closer to him and closed her eyes. For the first time in months, she got some restful sleep.

TBC…Confessions has also been updated!
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N- Well I truly hope this part HELPS explain everything about Max and Liz. If not you can throw shit or just PM because that's a lot nicer :wink: Just keep in mind...yes Antar is no more, but again they are still aliens and the same rules apply :? As far as Max and Liz talking, don't worry guys it's coming!

Thanks for the feedback and because I haven't said this in forever...*Hello to the lurkers*

Chapter 16

“Max is gone!” Tess said after she went to Max’s room to wake him and found his bed unmade and empty. She then checked the entire suite. He was nowhere to be found.

Michael bolted out of bed at the sound of Tess’ worried voice.

“What? Where is he?”

“I don’t know I checked for him everywhere and he’s gone.” Tess was worried, what if something happened to him?

“Wait! What’s that?!” Michael said after he scoured Max’s room and found a note on the floor beside the nightstand.

Went to Liz’s. She needs me. I’ll be back in the morning.

Call me if you need me.

Max

“He’s okay Tess. He’s with Liz.”

“Oh, thank God! Did he say what for?” Tess asked in the same breath.

“No, it just says that she needed him.”

“Do you think she’s okay?”

“I don’t know. I mean, Tess…I think we need to talk.” Michael was serious all of a sudden; this was something big and Tess was a little worried.

“Okay, let’s go sit down.” They walked into the living room and both sat facing each other on the couch.

“What’s going on Michael?”

“It’s Liz.”

“What about her?” She hated when he went into what she called “vague” mode.

“I could sense her, what she was feeling; it was strange. I…”

“I could too.” Tess’ eyes grew wide as did Michael’s.

“That’s not possible. I mean…Max didn’t form a connection with her, right?” Michael asked and Tess just shrugged.

“I don’t know. I mean, let’s think about this. When did you sense it?”

“At the barbeque, when we looked at the fountains. Then after, when she snapped at Maria. I could sense there was something she was holding back…”

“That’s why you didn’t push her for snapping.” Tess said as more a statement than a question.

“Yes…it’s like I knew she was upset about something, nothing to do with us or even Maria.”

“Something deeper. I know, I felt it too that’s why I tried to get us out of there quickly.”

“What the fuck does this mean then? Even if Max formed a connection, he would have said something to us. If he didn’t, then what the hell is going on?”

“That’s what I’d like to know.” Max said as he closed the front door. He had left Liz’s after she woke up, telling her that he would be back shortly. He just wanted to change and shower. After much reluctance, she let him go.

“Maxwell!”

“Max!”

“She’s okay?” Michael asked before Tess had a chance.

“Yeah…yeah now she is, but last night I was terrified for her. I still don’t know what’s going on with her. More importantly, what the hell is going on with us?” Max asked plopping down on the couch. He didn’t know what was going on but he knew exactly who did.

“I talked to Isabel last night. She couldn’t figure it out either. I mean, I shouldn’t be able to sense her like I do without forming a connection with her. Before we got to that house, I did not form one, but I could still sense her.” Max said trying to figure things out.

“Yeah, I know what you mean.” Michael said and Max eyed him questioning.

“I felt it as soon as we pulled up.”

“What? What did you feel?” At least he knew he wasn’t going crazy.

“At first, it was just a sense of someone else, other than you guys. Then when I was in the room with her, it was like I had this need to…to…” Michael couldn’t find the words but Max knew exactly what he was thinking.

“Protect her?”

“Yes!” Michael and Max locked eyes. Things were getting weird; they were aliens so they knew weird when they saw it.

“So, what does that mean? I mean, I felt her too at the barbeque and when she snapped at Maria…I just don’t get it.” Tess said, frustrated by the questions they were left with.

“I have no idea, but I know who does.” Max said pulling out his cell phone, but Michael beat him to it.

“On it Maxwell.” Michael said with his cell phone in hand, already calling Cal.

About an hour later, Max had showered and gotten dressed to head back over to Liz’s but after their talk with Cal.

“You called for me, Your Majesty?” Cal said as he entered the living room and took a seat beside Max.

“First of all, could you call me Max from now on?”

“Yes, Max…Your Majesty.”

“No, just Max.” Max rolled his eyes. He knew that he had to be more specific when giving orders to Cal. Not that he handed out very many in this lifetime.

“Yes Max.”

“I want answers and you’re not leaving until I get them.”

“Okay…what are your questions?” Cal asked seriously. He already knew what was coming; he had just hoped that they would have figured it out themselves. They had managed to live most of their lives without him. They had learned to survive without him, but he was always there just in case. He knew Max was not ready for what he needed to tell him, but would divulge the information if his King so asked.

“Liz Parker, who is she?” Max asked.

“She is a famous Hollywood actress that you are in love with.” Cal answered simply.

“No, that’s not what I mean. Don’t make this harder than it is; just tell me everything you know when I ask you a question got it?”

“Yes.”

“Why can Michael, Tess and I all sense Liz? Why could we sense her before I formed a connection? And most importantly, why is it you decided to up and move to LA when we were twelve; which also happened to be just around the time Liz Parker starting filming her first movie?” Max said in one breath, he had a million questions but had to stick with the ones that would give him answers. Tess and Michael looked at one another not knowing what the hell Max was talking about, but anxious to hear the answers just the same.

“You can sense another person, alien or human, once one of you form a connection.”

“I didn’t form a connection with her before I got to her house! So, answer the damn question!” Max was beyond frustrated at that point.

“You formed a connection with her when you were twelve.”

“What?!” All three hybrids yelled out in question.

“You heard me right. You…Max, you formed your connection with Liz when you were twelve years old; that’s why I had to leave. I am obligated to protect the Queen at all costs, even at the cost of the King.”

“What the fuck are you talking about now?!” Max stood and paced the floor. What did Cal mean about the Queen?

“I thought Tess was the Queen?” Michael said before Cal had a chance to answer Max.

“Tess was the Queen. The King decides who his Queen is and Max has chosen Elizabeth Parker as his Queen.”

“So help me…answer in complete sentences and thoughts here Cal!” Max was confused and pissed off. He just had more questions instead of answers.

“Will you let me finish telling you without interrupting me?”

“Yes!” All three shouted at that point.

Cal stood up and began to tell them everything he knew. However, some things he could not explain but he could give them as much information as he had.

“When you form a connection, you are aware that you are allowing yourself to feel the other person and vice versa as you know. However, in some instances, some people don’t need to be aware of it. Max, you opened your connection with her years ago.”

“Why didn’t I feel her?”

“You did.” Cal answered simply knowing his King would figure it out.

“I remember.” Max said as his memory came flooding back.

“I wanted it so bad. I wanted to feel what she felt. I wanted to have a piece of her with me forever because I knew I could never have her. I opened it and I was fully aware, but I thought it didn’t work because I never felt her.” Max finished sadly. He would try every night in bed to open the connection but it never worked.

“It worked Max, but she blocked it out; just like a lot of things that happened to her.” Cal finished sadly. He did not have emotions for any humans only for the Royals; however, Miss Parker was now his Queen, so he felt her pain and sadness. He could do nothing for it but…

“You bastard! You know what happened to her and you let it happen?!” Max pulled Cal to his feet and pressed him against the wall.

“No, I did not know; not until it was already over. It happened long before you even knew her Max.”

“What happened?”

“No, don’t tell me. I want her to tell me.” Max finished quickly. He didn’t want his entire life dictated to him.

Michael and Tess just sat back and absorbed the information as best they could. This was between Max and Cal now.

“Okay, so it worked she blocked it. I didn’t though, so I still should have felt her.” Cal simply shook his head.

“What?”

“You did feel her.”

“What?!” Confusion was clouding anger, Max didn’t know if he would ever get answers.

“Oh God! He’s right Max!” Tess said and everyone’s eyes turned to her.

“Tess what?”

“Think Max. Think when did the feeling of desperation and loneliness set in for you?” Tess looked at Max wanting him to confirm what he already knew.

“I was happy for a long time Tess. I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Max was beginning to think they had all lost their minds.

“No, you’re not thinking Max.”

“Yes I am!” Anger roared from his voice.

“No Maxwell, she’s right. When did it set in?” That’s it he was going to fling himself off the balcony if they didn’t start making…

“Fuck! It started after I formed the connection that I thought didn’t work. All this time, what I was feeling was her longing, but she was blocking it and it consumed me after all those years.”

“Yes Max.” Cal answered; his Majesty was figuring it all out.

“But what about Tess and Michael?”

“Did you guys feel it too?”

“Yes, but we thought it was you Max. As the years went on, it grew and grew and we just learned to block it.” Tess answered sadly.

“I never knew; I’m sorry.”

“Don’t apologize, you didn’t know.” Michael spoke up knowing that Max would once again find something to blame himself for. Michael would not allow it.

“Alright, that takes care of the connection, but now I feel her stronger…why?”

“She is letting her walls down for you Max. She’s allowing herself to feel what she never thought she would feel.”

“What?”

“Love.”

“Love? She doesn’t love me though.” Max answered as if he really knew the answer. It was what he always hoped for but never dared to dream it possible.

“Wait? If we formed a connection, then that means my feelings are mixed with hers. Isn’t it possible for her to think she’s in love with me, when it’s actually only my feelings?”

“Yes. If she does not allow the connection to flow, then she will only be consumed by your feelings eventually as you did with hers. Right now, she’s blocking you. Sooner or later, she will no longer be able to. At that point, her feelings will not be her own, they will be yours.”

“Why? I mean Max still had his feelings and Liz’s, so why wouldn’t she?” Tess asked.

“Quite simply…he is the King. It is the King’s wish to love her and for her to love him.”

“What? Are you saying that she has no choice either way, because I love her, she has to love me?”

“No.”

“Well then what the fuck are you saying?” This conversation was beyond exhausting for Max, Michael and Tess. If only Cal were half human, it would have been a hell of a lot easier getting the answers out of him.

“What I am saying is that she will have the choice once she stops blocking the connection. Once she does, she will be consumed by your feelings and that will alter her thoughts and feelings. There is nothing you can do about that, just like you were defenseless to stop hers when she finally let you in. You can help her open that connection, if she so chooses to accept it, then she will have the choice to either love you…or not.”

“So if I can help her open the connection, then she’s going to be flooded with my feelings leaving her even more confused? That’s just fucking great! What a solution to the problem!” Max finished sarcastically.

“She will sort them out Max.” Tess said optimistically. She knew that Max would help her; they all would if she needed it.

“Wait! That means that if he helps her, then she will have to know right?”

“Yes, she will Michael.” Cal confirmed.

“Well that’s not a choice.”

“What?!” Max growled.

“That is not a choice; we did not come here to tell our secret to the world!” Michael bit back.

“I will not let her be destroyed because of me. She doesn’t have to know about you, but she will know about me and there isn’t a damn thing you can do to stop me Michael!” Max was not budging on this fight.

“Maxwell are you crazy?! You don’t know her!”

“Yes I do Michael. I know her better than she knows herself. She’s in so much pain right now, having to deal with that and my feelings on top of that, it will destroy her; I won’t let that happen.” Max finished determined.

Michael heard the determination in Max’s voice and knew that there was no stopping him, so he stood in line and went with it.

“So be it. I won’t argue about this because no matter what, she will be your priority as she is mine.”

“What?”

“He is right Max; he is your second in command and therefore, will follow your rules.”

“No…wait a minute! I’m not giving you an order Michael. I have never given you an order and you know that.”

“I know Maxwell. If I’m honest with myself, she is my Queen and you are my King; I vowed to protect you with my life, but most importantly you are my brother. If this is what you want, if she is what you want, I won’t stand in your way.” Max and Michael stood staring at one another for a few minutes before turning back to Cal.

“Okay so we open the connection, then what?”

“You let her decide. Just remember, your future was already determined when you chose her. You can’t go back. I told you that.” Max nodded, knowing what Cal meant.

“Wait…what does he mean Max?” Tess asked.

Max was making his way to the door, he needed to see Liz. He was stopped by Tess’ question and turned to answer her.

“He means that I chose her. It means that if she doesn’t choose me, I will forever be connected to her; no matter what I do or where I go, she’ll always be with me and I can never love another.” Max finished quickly and walked out the door.

Taking a deep breath, he took his first steps towards a future he hoped he would have with Liz. If not, he would suffer the rest of his days without her. Either way, he would give her up if she so chose. He prayed that after she knew the truth, she could find it in her heart to love him back.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

So I see some of you got it…and some of you didn't. It's understandable since the information was coming from Cal; so don't worry it was meant to be somewhat confusing. Max opened a connection with Liz when he was 12, and didn't know it. Basically for him as King that means he has chosen his queen. It's a one shot deal for him. I think you all got that. In the next few chapers you'll get a better explaination; but so that we are all on the same page...

The confusing part…Liz:

The connection has always been there; however with everything in her life she has blocked it out unknowingly. Only now that Max is around the connection is finally opening from her end. She just doesn't realize it just yet. Consequently when the connection opens completely, which it will, she will begin to sense all of Max's feelings; which you'll see more in Chp 18. If she continues to block it and no one is there to help her, yes she'd basically go insane trying to sort it out; that's why Tess said that Max can help her that they could all help her.

Liz's Choice:

Once the connection opens, the first thing she has to do is learn to sort out her feelings from Max's. Once she learns that she can control it; she will be bombarded at times but once she realizes that she does have her own feelings aside of Max's and anyone else she can sense. Once she sorts out the feelings; she will be able to choose, but she has to learn to work with the connection. It's not natural for her like it is Max/Tess/Michael and Isabel, it will be her choice if she wants to complete the process. This will also be explained.

The Process:

The final step in the connection is the bonding. Once it's done; it's done. She will have the choice and the power to block him but not without consequences. I would give you more but I think that part will explain itself.

Thanks for the feedback guys I hope that info helps!!

Thea...Have I told you how much I love ya?! Cause I really do!!! And you know it is a sin if Max and Liz don't have sex...we were robbed enough :wink:

Just a little something light and fluffy!!

Chapter 17

Max made his way over to Liz’s after leaving his hotel room. He needed to see her, he knew he needed to tell her the truth, but he didn’t want to loose her already. It was too soon for him. He needed one more day, one day more with her, and then he would tell her everything.

“Hi!” Liz said greeting Max at the front door. She saw him pull up in his rental car and rushed to the front door.

“Hi.” Max smiled, letting Liz lead him into the house.

“You hungry?” Liz asked when they entered the living room.

“Actually I am. I haven’t eaten, how about you?” He asked staring down into her beautiful face. His heart screamed out to her, but he remained silent.

“Nope, I was waiting for you.” She smiled brightly at him, reaching out her hand to him. Then she felt something she never felt before; it was like a spark and she quickly looked up at Max.

“What?” Max asked her concerned when he saw the questioning in her eyes.

“Nothing, I just thought I felt something. It was probably nothing. Let’s go.” He knew she felt it, more specifically him. She was feeling his feelings.

They ate breakfast and were trying to decide how to spend their day since everyone else had plans.

“How about we go out Liz?”

“Out? Max…I can’t go out.” She rolled her eyes. Didn’t he understand, there would the hundreds of people following them?

“Sure we can Liz. We can go outside…in the back.” He winked at her.

“Oh you need to change right?” Liz said before making her way upstairs. “Yeah…I know where it is, I’ll wait for you outside.” Liz smiled and ran up the stairs.

She rummaged her closet and decided she needed new bathing suits. She couldn’t find one that she wanted to wear. She wanted to look good for Max. After last night, she wanted to see where this thing with him was going. She was happy; for the first time in a long time, she was really happy.

“Ah ha!” She pulled out her white string bikini with little yellow butterflies on each side and changed into it quickly.

Max was nervous; he wasn’t sure what she was expecting or not expecting at this point. He decided that he would just take it slowly. He knew without a doubt, he wanted to be with her forever. He also knew that he may never get that, but he did have a few days with her and he would cherish them forever.

His heartbeat sped up and his throat became dry the second she stepped outside. She grew more and more stunning by the moment to him.

“I love that color on you.” Liz smiled and tried to contain the fire burning inside of her the moment she saw Max. He was wearing red swim trunks against his tan muscular body; she bit back the need lick him.

“Yeah…you look good too.” Max winked at her and dove into the pool. When he surfaced, he saw her standing above him looking down.

“You coming in?” He pulled out of the pool slightly, pushing his hair back to regard her.

“No. I just did my hair.” Liz stated firmly. Before she knew it, Max hopped out of the pool and lifted her in his strong arms.

“No Max! No!” There was a big splash followed by another.

“I don’t believe you threw me in!” Liz yelled pushing her palm against his chest when he surfaced.

“Oh? Why not? I was lonely in here all by myself.” He pouted and she thought he looked adorable.

“Whatever!” She turned and swam across the pool over to the waterfall. There were seats built into the pool near the waterfall. Liz took a seat and allowed the water to cascade down her back.

Max watched her for a few minutes, soaking in all of her beauty before diving under the water once again. This time, he didn’t surface right away.

“Max?” Liz called out when she couldn’t see him. She called out again and stepped back into the water. “Max!” She was getting worried, she then felt him grab her by her waist and lift her on top of his shoulders.

“Damn it! You scared me!” She cried out.

“I’m sorry Liz.” He saw how upset she was, so he lifted her off his shoulders and threw his arms around, her holding her tightly.

“Hey.” He tilted her head to face him.

“What?” She said softly.

“I’m sorry. I was only messing with you, but thank you for caring.” The corners of Max’s mouth began to form a smirk and Liz just giggled into his chest. He ran his hands through her wet tendrils savoring the feeling of holding her in his arms.

“You okay now?”

“Yes…I am, but still angry.” She said lifting her nose in the air. Max then splashed her.

“Hey! Are you trying to keep me angry with you?” Liz said splashing him back. Moments later, it was an all out war in the pool. Water splashed everywhere and finally because Max wouldn’t relent, Liz jumped out of the pool and ran into the house. Max, of course, was hot on her heels.

“Oh no you don’t! You can’t run away from a splash war!” He yelled following her up the stairs.

“Yes sir! I can do what I want it’s my house!” Liz reached the top of the stairs, stuck her tongue out at him and turned to run as fast as she could down the hallway to hide.

“You know I’m going to find you Liz. When I do, I’m going to tickle the hell out of you!” Max shouted out when he reached the top step. He knew which way she ran but wasn’t sure what room she went into. Maybe she went to her bedroom, he thought briefly.

As quietly as possible he walked down the hallway, water still dripping from his swim trunks. Lucky for him, he could follow the water trail from her hair. He knew exactly where she was, but he would let her think he didn’t, at least for the moment.

Liz hid quietly in her closet. Her room was the last one at the end of the hall, so she figured it would take Max a while to figure it out where she was. However, she couldn’t stop her heart from beating in anticipation of him finding her; her breathing was coming out in harsh pants as she waited. She couldn’t wipe the smile off her face either.

“Where’s my sweet Liz at?” His Liz…she loved the sound of that. She didn’t know what it was about him but she knew she didn’t want it to ever fade away.

He entered her bedroom slowly, and knew right away that she was in her closet, but decided to pretend for a little longer. He crossed the room and looked in her bathroom. She couldn’t hear him any longer and then without another sound, the closet door swung open.

“AH!” Liz squealed and Max picked her up and carried her over to the bed.

“Now Liz are you ready for your punishment?” Max said as he crawled up her body slowly like a lion after its prey. It gave Liz shivers down her spine. She was ready all right but not for her punishment.

“I’m ready Max,” Liz let out in a provocative whisper. She hadn’t meant for it to come out that way but Max was in such close proximity, she couldn’t help it.

Before she knew what was happening, he was tickling her sides. She squirmed, loving the feeling of his hands on her. She decided that was the best feeling in the world, next to his warm mouth on her skin.

“S-stop Max! I c-can’t b-breathe!” She let out as she gasped for air. Max relented and leaned back on his heels just drinking in her flustered face.

“I like it when I win.” Max smiled smugly. The next thing he knew, he had a face full of pillow and was knocked to the floor in a loud thump.

“OW!” He said as his head connected with the floor.

“Oh God! Max I’m so sorry! I didn’t think you would fall off the bed!” Liz said as she rushed off the bed and leaned over him. He quickly placed his hands on her hips and looked into her concerned brown eyes.

“It’s okay. I’m a big boy I can handle it. I just wasn’t expecting it that’s all.” He tried to ease her worries.

“Well…are you sure? I mean, what if you have a concussion or something?” Liz said pushing his wet bangs away from his face. He was absolutely stunning, she wasn’t sure if she should be using that word to describe a man but there were no words that would do him proper justice.

Max reached out his hands and framed her face, pulling her down for a soft kiss. “I’m fine, trust me.” She smiled at him and leaned back down for a more demanding kiss.

He pulled her against his body and she went without hesitation. His hands snaked up her back and untied the strings of her top. Liz sat up slowly and allowed Max to remove her top. He ran his hands over her soft breasts, caressing them as Liz leaned back down and he continued his assault on her mouth. Max slid his tongue into her mouth and Liz greedily accepted it while running her hands through his hair.

Max couldn’t get enough of her; she was a drug he would gladly allow to pump through his veins. “Sit up Liz.” She did as he asked, her chest rising and falling quickly, awaiting his next move.

Max sat up with her still straddling his waist and covered one of her round full breasts with his mouth.

“Max…yes…” Liz let out a moan that drove Max crazy. He swirled his tongue over her nipples until they were two stiff peaks. His hands were not idle either; they were rubbing her back and neck. He ripped his lips away from her soft flesh to cover her mouth once again, this time plunging his tongue in and out of her mouth, attacking her mouth the way he wanted her body.

“Liz…ah…” He dug his hands in her hair. She was driving him crazy. She had now begun her assault on his body. She licked him from neck to belly button and then back up again. His hands fell back to her waist and he squeezed her backside, grinding into her center.

“Max…ah…yes…Max.” Liz let out when she felt his thick erection press into the apex of her thighs. She wanted to feel him so bad. She continued with her assault and now focused on his brown nipples. She bit, licked and flicked them until they were stiff; then she decided she couldn’t wait any longer to see him.

“W-what are you d-doing?” Max panted out. She just stopped and he thought he might actually die if she didn’t go back to what she was doing.

“I want to see you Max.” Liz said softly. She was shy all of a sudden and Max wanted to pounce her that moment, but somehow managed to nod, helping her slip his shorts off. He heard her gasp softly and he couldn’t help but let his ego swell.

“I…just wow!” Liz said her eyes bright and big. She wasn’t sure she had ever seen one quite that impressive before.

“Thanks.” Max smiled shyly and pulled her back down against him, willing her to go back to her assault but she didn’t. She placed a kiss on his lips, down his neck, and chest all the way down until she reached for exactly what she wanted.

“Liz.” Max hissed out he couldn’t believe how good it felt to feel her hands on his hard flesh. Liz licked her lips and smiled at him before experimentally taking him into her mouth. She licked him from root to tip and began sucking him gently while wrapping her tiny hand around the part that wouldn’t fit in her mouth, starting a rhythm that would quickly drive him insane.

Max couldn’t stand it. She was doing things to him that no one had ever done. He never experienced that kind of pleasure in his life. His hands dug into her hair and he resisted the urge to thrust his hips roughly into her warm hot mouth.

“Ah…Liz…yeah…oh…baby…uh…yes!” He let out a loud moan as he released himself into her warm mouth. Liz wasn’t sure what to do when he came, so she did the only thing she could think of; she swallowed. It was different that’s for sure, not terrible, just different. After releasing his now flaccid member, she crawled up his body once again.

“That was fucking amazing.” That was the best he could do, his heart was racing and he was trying to catch his breath.

“Thanks, another first for me.” She whispered out and hung her head. Max tiled it back so she could face him.

“Me too baby.” Liz’s eyes grew wide. How was it possible that this beautiful man had never been touched by a woman that way? She wondered.

“Stand up Liz.” She did as he asked and Max quickly slid off her bikini bottoms. She wasn’t sure what he was going to do to her, but she couldn’t wait.

“Come here.” Max said motioning for Liz to sit on his chest. She grew wetter by the moment just thinking that she might feel his skillful tongue once again across her slick flesh.

“Get on your knees for me and scoot closer.” He asked softly, taking his time with her, practically drooling at the thought of being able to taste her again.

Liz did as he asked and was now straddling his face. She couldn’t believe it; she was so exposed but not embarrassed at all. She didn’t think she could ever be with Max like this.

Max placed his hands on her hips and began laving her wet lips savoring the feel and taste of her. “Max…yes…oh that feels so good.” Liz let out while arching her back and resting her hands behind her on top of Max’s chest.

Max was on overload. He may have just had his release but his body was revving to go again. He couldn’t get enough of her. He knew she was close and so he slipped one finger into her silk heat and then another pumping into her over and over.

“Yes! Max…oh…yeah…uh…yes!” Liz screamed, riding out her climax. Max quickly pulled her down next to him and swiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

“Now…that was fucking amazing!” Liz said trying to catch her breath.

“Hmm…I can tell.” Max smiled, pulling Liz down against him, sealing their lips. She could taste herself and Max; it was erotic to say the least.

“How about we stay inside for a little while…like right here?” Max said trying to regain a normal heartbeat. Liz simply rolled over and cuddled to his side. “Sounds good to me.” They both fell asleep shortly there after, neither realizing that their connection was blown wide open a few minutes ago.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - I'm glad most of the confusion about the connection has been cleared. I know that they are moving kind of fast but I think I mentioned a while back that they would, it's the way I decided to write the story this time :wink: Thanks for the always kick ass feedback and always making me laugh when I read it :wink:

Chapter 18

They woke up about two hours later. Neither realized how tired they were. Liz woke up first and just sat, staring at Max. She memorized every inch of his face and body. He was amazing to her. She wondered again if he was an angel, sent to her to keep her safe, to make her happy again.

The longer she sat there, the longer she started to feel like she wasn’t alone, not in presence but in thought. She was feeling something but she knew it wasn’t coming from her. How is that possible? Of course it’s coming from her, who else would it be? She thought to herself.

Max began to stir, so she stilled. She didn’t want him to wake up just yet. She then felt it again; it was like a pull or something, she couldn’t describe it. She felt…love. Maybe she was still tired. She rubbed her eyes and shook her head, it didn’t work. In fact, the feeling grew by the second. It was an overwhelming feeling of love and if she just reached a little further, she knew she’d know where it was coming from. She didn’t know how she knew that, but she just did.

Her eyes opened wide when realization hit her moments later.

It was Max.

How is that possible? He can’t be in her head right? Oh lord maybe she drank too much chlorine in the pool. She started to panic. Max shot up and looked around for her.

“Liz are you okay?” He asked her running his hands over her.

“W-what is that Max?” She asked him hesitantly.

“What is what?” He didn’t know what she was talking about. All he knew is that while he was sleeping, he felt her overwhelming fear.

“How come I can feel?” She looked at him nervously. She didn’t know what was going on.

“Feel?” He didn’t understand her at the moment.

“You. How come I can feel you…in here?” She pointed to her head. Max’s eyes grew wide, how the hell?

“Liz…let me explain.”

“What is it Max? Why can I feel how you feel? It’s like you’re in my head or something.” Liz stood up, grabbing the sheet off the bed and wrapped it around her body. She was cold all of a sudden, so cold.
“Liz, just let me tell you.” Max quickly slipped on his shorts and approached her hesitantly. He didn’t want to frighten her even more than she obviously was.

“O-okay.” She didn’t want to cry but all of a sudden, she felt the overpowering need to. She didn’t know if it was her or Max, but she was terrified to know why it was she could feel his thoughts.

“Liz…just calm down and I’ll tell you everything.” She nodded and sat on the edge of the bed. Max took a seat beside her; he wasn’t prepared to tell her yet but now he had no choice.

“What I’m going to tell you…you probably won’t believe, but I’m asking you to trust me. To trust that even though we only met a few days ago, that you know me and that I would never hurt you intentionally. O-okay?” Max started off slowly needing to have some kind of reassurance that she won’t go running for the hills, literally.

“Yes Max. I trust you.” She didn’t know why she trusted him. He was a man and she never trusted men, except for Kyle. She knew that Max would never hurt her. Putting all her fears aside, she knew it in her heart that he wouldn’t.

“So where would you like me to start?”

“The beginning Max.”

And so, he did. He explained how he was in the 1947 crash in Roswell, New Mexico. About how his parents Diane and Philip Evans found him in the desert and adopted him. How he was an alien King on his planet that was now destroyed. He even told her about Cal, who was sent to earth with him as his protector.

“So…wait. What about Michael and Tess?” Max said that he would only tell her about him but he couldn’t lie to her either.

“They are…”

“Aliens too.” Liz said trying to grasp what Max was telling her.

“Do…do you believe me Liz?” She hadn’t gone screaming yet, so maybe she thought he lost his mind.

“I believe you Max but now I want to know why I can feel you…even now?” It was a lot to take in. She wasn’t sure if she lost her mind or if Max had, but she knew he wasn’t lying. There would be no reason for him to; besides, something had to explain what she was feeling.

“It’s a connection that we formed…well that I formed with you when I was twelve.”

“Twelve?”

“Yes. Long story short, we can form connections with people but usually both parties know about it ahead of time. Apparently because I’m the “King”, I can make the choice…and I chose you.”

“You chose me? What do you mean?”

“I chose you to form a connection with. I had seen you on a commercial when you were nine and at that moment, I thought you were adorable. I wished that even though I knew I could never be with you, that I could feel what you were feeling; just to keep a piece of you with me forever. I didn’t know that it worked until yesterday. I swear Liz, I had no idea I did it.”

“Isabel?” This was the first time she heard that name.

“My sister.”

“Okay…so what does this mean?”

“It means that you can sense me and I can sense you, but you can’t block it anymore Liz.”

“Block it?” She was getting dizzy with all this: connections, blocking alien talk.

“Yes…you have been blocking me…the connection all this time and if you do…” He didn’t want to tell her, he didn’t want her thinking he was making her feel things. He didn’t want her thinking that her thoughts and actions didn’t belong to her because they did.

“What? Tell me Max.” Liz was getting worried. Did he do something to her?

Max stood and walked over to her window, trying to find a way to explain it without making her head spin. He took in a deep breath and started.

“If you block the connection, eventually my feelings will bombard you. You will lose the ability to determine what feelings are yours and which ones are mine.”

“So, I can’t think for myself, is that it?” She asked sort of understanding what he was saying.

“Exactly, but you can choose to accept it Liz and learn to control it. If you close the connection off completely,” He swallowed thickly before finishing the sentence. “It will destroy you Liz, mentally but I won’t let that happen.” Max reassured her that he wouldn’t let anything happen to her.
“Can you feel me?” She decided not to think about controlling it, closing it, or having it destroy her mind; that was just too much for her right at the moment.

“Yes.”

“And if I close it, will you still be able to feel me?”

“Yes.”

“Yes? But I…I don’t understand.” Liz stood up and walked over to him.

“I’m the King Liz. Apparently since I chose you, and I have no regrets about that, I will always feel you.”

“What if you change your mind about me? What if I do something and you don’t want to ‘feel’ me anymore?”

“I don’t have that choice. It’s hard to explain, but I already made my choice and I don’t want to take it back…not ever. Even if you close your connection, I’ll still feel you and we’ll still be connected…forever. I’m sorry Liz. I didn’t know.” Max finished sorrowfully.

“It’s okay Max. You didn’t know and I believe you. I can’t say that I’m not a little freaked out that I just found out there really are aliens and the fact that I made out with one…a lot.” She smiled feeling his tension and wanted to soothe it.

“Thank you.”

“For what?”

“For not treating me like a freak…I guess.” He finished meekly. He didn’t know where they went from there.

“Max…I could never do that to you…ever. I just need some time to absorb it all. Let me ask you one thing though?” Liz said framing his face in her tiny hands.

“Go ahead.”

“Is what I’m feeling for you…coming from me or is it you? I’m sorry if that made no sense.” He smiled down at her.

“It made sense. You’ll know it Liz, when it’s me and when it’s you. Its okay to block me but you can’t do it completely.”

“So, wait…you said that I can’t block you, but could I sever the connection forever?”

“Yes.”

“How do I do that?” Max looked at her shocked. She didn’t want it, didn’t want him. He knew it was too good to be true.

“Max…I didn’t ask because I don’t want you; I just wondered.” She saw the look of sorrow in his face.

“In order to break the connection from your end, you have to not choose me. You walk away and you never look back, but most importantly, you don’t think about me…ever. Eventually, the connection from your end will grow weak and fade.” He of course left off the part about him having to let her go, let his feelings for her go in order for that to even happen. It would be the hardest thing he’d ever have to do, but if that were what she wanted he would do it.

“It will stay dormant then?”

“Yes exactly.” He loved how smart she was.

“Okay, but what about you? I mean what if I…we aren’t together.” He turned and looked in her eyes; he didn’t want to tell her. He didn’t want her to feel bad for him, so he lied.

“Eventually it will go dormant for me too; it will just take longer.” He smiled weakly at her, hoping that she just accepted it. He knew it was wrong to lie to her, he never wanted to, but he also wanted her to be with him of her own accord.

“Oh.” She didn’t know what else to say or what other questions to ask. All she knew was that she could use a stiff drink. Before she had a chance to do anything, another question surfaced.

“Max?”

“Yeah?”

“Can you read my mind?” He had to laugh a little; she was too cute for words when her mind got going. He pulled her against him, kissing her forehead.

“No Liz. I can only sense if you’re happy, or sad or upset; things like that. And sooner rather than later, you will be able to distinguish between my feelings and yours. In fact, like it does for me most of the time unless it’s something extremely bad or exciting, I ignore it. Don’t focus on it too much okay?”

“Got it! Now…I’m hungry Max.” She knew he was tired from the conversation. “Let’s go eat.” She put on her robe hanging in the bathroom before dragging him downstairs for lunch.

There was a lot for her to think about it. She was thankful that Max was honest with her; that was one thing she knew she could count on with him. His honesty.

TBC…
Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N- Okay I know most of you were surprised with Liz's reaction to finding out about Max, however the way I see it is; they have been intimate, more intimate than she's ever been with anyone, so obviously she trusts him, regardless of what he said she still has to process it, but there would never be a reason for her to run or be afraid.

Thanks for the feedback guys I love reading your reactions!!

Chapter 19

“I’m stuffed!” Liz said as she fell back into her chair. Max looked at her like she was insane.

“What?”

“Nothing! Just how can you be stuffed, you ate like a small bird.” Max chuckled to himself.

“Whatever! Just because I didn’t eat half the fridge, doesn’t mean I’m not full.” Liz said clearing off the table.

“Oh? Now you’re a smart ass?”

“No. I’ve always been a smart ass.” Liz said swaying her hips as she passed Max to deposit the dishes in the dishwasher.

“So…what do you feel like doing today?” Max asked spinning in his chair to face her.

“I don’t know. How about we shower first?” Those words left Liz’s mouth before she realized how it came out.

“I mean…we…I…”

“I got it Liz. Where’s the spare bathroom?” Max smiled when he saw the shocked look on her face. He knew what she meant, not that he wasn’t hoping she meant for them to shower together; he was still a guy after all.

“You know, you never got the tour. Let’s go upstairs, shower and you’ll get the grand tour. How does that sound?” Liz smiled brightly at him.

“Sounds great Liz.” Max smiled and followed her out the kitchen.

A half hour later, they were showered, dressed and in the middle of the tour. “Okay and over here is another bedroom that I use.” Max’s head was spinning; there were at least eight bedrooms in the house.

“Do you even use all these rooms?” Liz giggled at Max’s facial expression. He looked confused and awed, all at the same time.

“No, I don’t. I do use at least four of them as you saw. This one…is my favorite room.” She reached out and opened the two double white doors to reveal a room that looked like the sky…literally.

“Wow! It’s like you’re standing on a cloud.” Max said in amazement, as he looked around the room. The walls were painted light blue with big puffy clouds. The curtains and all the pillows around the room matched perfectly. There was no furniture, just pillows everywhere.

“Come here.” Liz reached out her hand to him, leading him into the center of the room. They laid back on the pillows and stared at the ceiling.

“You ready?”

“Ready?”

“For the best part.” Liz smiled and reached her hand out to a panel on the wall he didn’t notice until that moment. Suddenly, the room went dark; the ceiling above them began to move.

“Oh…that’s amazing!” Max didn’t know what to say. When the wall retracted, it revealed a perfect view of the sky. Then he noticed there were stars on the walls around him. They were actually twinkling.

“Yeah, it’s beautiful. At night, it’s perfect.” Liz smiled and enjoyed sharing a part of her private life with him. She felt like he shared his whole life story. He didn’t know anything about her.

“Thank you Liz.”

“For what?”

“For sharing this with me. I know this must be something you do in private but you shared it with me anyway.” Max pulled her closer to his side, kissing her lips softly.

“Welcome.” They laid there for a few minutes until they heard the shriek of Maria’s voice filter through the house.

“Oh no. This can’t be good.” Liz smiled, allowing Max to pull her up to her feet.

When they entered the living room they saw, Michael, Tess, Kyle and Maria who was pacing.

“Hi guys!” Liz smiled.

“Hi Liz. How are you?” Tess asked giving Liz a quick hug. Tess knew that Max probably told her by now. She didn’t want her feeling awkward about it.

“I’m doing really good, thanks!”

“Liz…can I ask you what today is?” Maria said trying not to get upset. Surely Liz remembered.

“It’s…” Liz had to think for a minute. She hadn’t looked at a calendar for years; that’s what she had Maria for after all.

“Thursday…I think.” Liz grinned evilly at Max who let out a chuckle beside her.

“Yes, and what does that mean?”

“I don’t know.”

“Liz.”

“Maria.”

“Liz.”

“Maria.”

“Li…”

“Enough! You two are giving me a fucking headache!” Michael yelled out. There was too much estrogen in the room for him. Maria let out a huff.

“It’s the day of the birthday party. You know the one that starts in two hours!” Liz covered her mouth with her hand.

“Damn it! I forgot! Shit! What the hell Maria. You were supposed to remind me!” Liz shouted out. She hated being rushed; the birthday party was important.

“Me? Look, I’m not the one off frolicking in the sun. You only had one thing to remember and you forgot!” Maria was furious. She counted on Liz to remember at least one thing and she didn’t. Maria felt she deserved a break from being the human calendar for just a few days.

“I was not frolicking! Why is it my fault?!” Tess, Michael and Max all watched as Liz’s anger took over her entire body. They could feel it. Kyle was the one to break it up.

“Look, there is no point in arguing. Liz, call the caterers and be sure that they will still be arriving…What?” Kyle stopped when he saw the look on Liz’s face.

“Oh! Don’t even tell me you didn’t call them Liz?!” Maria was enraged at that point.

“You are an adult. You have just one party to remember out of hundreds! One! And you fuck it up! Damn it, I knew I should have done it myself!” Maria said storming past Liz, into the kitchen to find someone to cater the party.

“I’m sorry Kyle.” Liz said tearfully before turning on her heals and running up the stairs to her bedroom.

Max, Tess and Michael all watched as Liz ran up the stairs and Max wanted to run after her but Kyle stopped him.

“Just let her be for a few minutes.” Max simply nodded. They followed Kyle into the kitchen along with everyone else.

When they reached the kitchen, they heard Maria on the phone. “What?! No, I need the food here in an hour, damn it!” Maria said as she slammed the phone against the counter.

“Maria, just calm down. She didn’t remember; it’s okay.” Kyle tried to soothe her. Meanwhile, Max, Tess and Michel felt like fifth wheels. They had no idea what just happened.

“Kyle, she doesn’t remember a lot lately and she won’t talk to us. I can’t take it anymore. I want her back.” Max couldn’t resist any longer. If it concerned Liz, than he demanded to know. “What are you talking about?”

Maria was in tears and Michael resisted the urge to comfort her, even he was interested in knowing just what the hell happened. “Liz lately….well for the past few months she hasn’t been able to remember small things. Things that used to be important to her; on top of it all, her entire personality is different. The only time I see her…the old Liz is when…” Maria looked up into Max’s eyes.

“When?” He didn’t understand. What happened to Liz? He needed to know sooner rather than later.

“When she’s with you. I don’t know why. I know today wasn’t her fault; she was distracted.” Maria lifted the corners of her mouth knowing exactly what or rather who was distracting her best friend.

“Oh. Well, what’s wrong with her?”

“We don’t know. Something happened to her a few months ago. We don’t know what Max. All we know is that Liz turned into a completely different person. A person with little regard for other people’s feelings.” Max was confused because the Liz Parker he spent the last two days with, wasn’t anything like they were describing.

“She’s not like that with me.”

“Exactly, but what you saw out there was just the tip of the iceberg Max. Her anger runs deep. It’s just a matter of time, but it will surface again.”

“Did you ask her what happened? I mean, you’re her best friends’ right?” Michael piped in. He wasn’t sure why he should even care but he did. He cared more for Maria than he thought possible. Just in the last few days, spending time with her was like nothing he experienced with all those other girls. He wanted nothing more than to make her happy.

“We ask and she just says that she wants to be happy. That she’s lost and she doesn’t know how to get back. That’s all she’ll say.” Maria said flatly.

“What about this party thing you guys are talking about?” Tess decided that they were wasting time. She knew without a doubt the only person to help Liz was going to be Max. She already knew Max knew that, she could tell by the determination etched across his face.

“It’s a party for the kids for the orphanage. When it’s time for their birthday, Liz throws a party for each of them. It doesn’t look like it’s going to happen this month. I need to make a phone call.”

“No wait!” Tess voice stops Maria’s movement.

“What?”

“We can help!” Tess said smiling brightly.

“You can? How? We need to have food and decorations and…”

“We got it covered!” Max catching onto what Tess was saying.

“O-okay well, what should we do?” Maria asked, still not figuring out how the hell they were gonna get everything ready in time.

“You guys go get the decorations and whatever else needs to be bought. We’ll take care of the rest. Where’s the party going to be at anyway?” Tess asks.

“On the lower level of the house…in the bowling alley.”

“Bowling alley?” All three aliens said simultaneously. That was definitely left off the tour, they thought.

TBC…Wednesday