Behind Her Eyes (AU,M/L,ADULT)Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Behrsgirl77
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Behrsgirl77 »

A/N - Wow! You guys are so great to me...you're gonna make me :cry:
This was quite a little challenge for me to write, but I did it! So thank you for all your amazing feedback!!

I have to say to Ellie (earth2mama) Thanks for all your beta work on this fic :wink: And a sequel...please don't hold your breath...I would love to but I'm not feeling it right now...you know how that is! Love you girlie!! *muah*

Thea...trust me I am not, nor could I ever grow annoyed by your comments...in fact I welcome them and miss them :wink:

Chapter 30 – Epilogue

Six Months Later

When Max announced that he would be moving to California with Liz, the family as a whole made a conscious decision to move along with him. Jesse and Isabel took a little longer to move out since Jesse needed to relocate his job. Once that was complete, they were able to find a place of their own not too far away from everyone else.

Liz had started filming an independent film that she would be done with in three weeks. Max had decided that he needed to go back to school and see what else was out there for him. He hadn’t made a decision on what he wanted to do, but he did find that he loved teaching and had looked into that as a permanent career. Although Liz felt he could just be a model and make millions, Max of course said that his body was only for her. Liz had no complaints to that.

Liz was just about done filming for the day and was heading home. Home, she loved the sound of that, especially knowing that when she walked through the door, Max would be there with open arms waiting for her. They were all getting together to discuss some last minute wedding details. Initially, Liz didn’t want to wait but then they agreed that they would want a real honeymoon together, not just a few days here and there between their schedules.

The wedding was next month and Liz couldn’t wait. She wanted to be Elizabeth Evans. She had even decided to change her name legally and professionally. She wanted the world to know that she was married to this wonderful man she called her husband.

Max was making dinner for everyone and once they all arrived, they all settled into their usual conversations with Maria heading up the talk about her and Michael getting their own place together, as well as Tess and Kyle who were already living together but wanted a bigger place; something they both could pick out.

After dinner, everyone settled into the living room. Max pulled Liz outside to the backyard. He had been waiting all day to ask her something and he couldn’t wait a moment longer.

“What is it Max? Got another secret to share with me?” Liz teased and nipped at his lips softly. Max quickly wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her flush with his body.

“I do have a secret but you are going to have to wait for it. Now I want to ask you something, since we will be getting married in a few weeks, and it’s important.” When he grew serious, Liz started to get concerned but that feeling was quickly erased by the feelings Max was passing to her through their connection.

“Go ahead, I’m ready to answer.” Liz kissed his neck softly, and then waited for his next words.

“Remember on New Year’s, when I asked you what your resolution was and you told me you didn’t have a good enough answer and to give you time to come up with it?” Liz nodded and added, “and then you said that you would wait as well to tell me.” Max smiled at her.

“I love you.” Liz couldn’t help the giddy feeling she got whenever he looked at her, like he was looking right into her soul and she knew he was at that moment.

“Love you too.”

“Okay, so I’m going to ask you. Do you have a New Year’s resolution?”

“Yes, I do. It’s to be more open and honest with not just you, but everyone and to keep you happy forever.” Liz finished waiting for Max’s response.

“That’s really good, but I bet you I can top that.”

“Go ahead Evans; give it your best shot.” Liz challenged him. Max took in a deep breath and gave it his best shot.

“My resolution is to try and be a great husband and father.” Max leaned in and kissed her lips. He was devouring her lips fiercely, but she placed her palms against his chest and pulled away. Finally what he said was processing.

“Wait! When you say father, you mean in the future right?” It wasn’t that Liz didn’t want to have children with Max, but surely she would know if she was pregnant…right?

“Yes…”

“I was gonna say…”

“In about nine months.” Liz stood there with her mouth hanging open.

“Are you serious? I mean, when?” Max smiled and covered her lips once again before answering her question.

“Last night Liz.” Liz pulled back to regard Max and he captured the tears that fell from her eyes. He loved her more everyday, it seemed impossible but he did.

“So, we’re going to have a baby.” Liz said somewhat awed. Max and she had discussed the possibility that they could, but she never thought it would happen.

“We are.” Liz jumped up and wrapped both her arms and legs around Max, peppering his face with kisses.

“I love you Max, thank you.” She hugged him tightly.

“Thank you Liz, for trusting me and loving me unconditionally.” Max kissed her temple as he held her in his arms.

“Forever Max.”

For Liz, that moment was one of the many amazing and unique moments Max Evans had brought into her life and would continue to bring.

She closed her eyes and said goodbye to her mother. She could finally let go but not before she thanked her for bringing her the greatest joy in the world…

The love of a man she would love until her last breath and the chance to love her child as her mother loved her, because for Liz, even if Max started the process, she knew in her heart that somewhere, somehow her mother was there by her side to help her finish it.

THE END

So that's it...I hope you enjoyed it. For those of you wondering and for those of you that don't know. I have already posted The Long Way Home and will be hopefully posting two more fics very shortly...