Summer Light (AU,M/L,MATURE) COMPLETE

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

Chapter 51

As soon as Max and everyone else arrived back in his house, he swiftly carried Zan in his bedroom and laid her on the bed. Liz was following closely behind him and hovered over her daughter as Max checked her once more.

“Is she ok?” Liz asked worriedly.

“Yeah, she’s fine. Nothing’s broken, nothing’s wrong. She’s just sleeping.” Max ran his hands through his hair after finishing with his baby. “What about you? Are you feeling any pain?” he asked worriedly.

“I’m fine.” Liz brushed the tendrils of hair away from her daughter’s forehead and kissed her tenderly.

“Liz.”

She quickly looked at Max. “Max, I’m fine.”

Max walked up to her and took her by the shoulders. “Please, I just have to be sure.”

Liz nodded.

Max then opened up a connection between them and quickly scanned her for any injuries. When he was satisfied at finding none except for stress, he let go.

“I told you.” Liz smiled up at him softly.

“I just wanted to confirm it. I…” Max paused and took a deep breath.

“Max?”

He started to tremble and Liz had to lower him gently and made him sit on the bed.

“What is it?”

“I almost lost you. I almost lost both of you.” Max grabbed her and hugged Liz to him fiercely. It was then that he finally opened the floodgates and allowed himself to feel the scare that he felt the second he found out that Liz and Zan were missing.

Liz tried to comfort him as best she could. Being that close to him, she could feel the emotions coursing through inside him. She spoke calmly to soothe him in some way.

“Max, we’re here. We’re alright. You checked us out yourself, we’re fine. You got us out of there and now we’re safe and sound.”

“I know, but something could have happened…. What if we were too late? What if you and Zan were hit? What if—”

Liz pressed a finger on his lips to quiet him. “Sshhh, you weren’t late and we weren’t hit. We’re ok, we’re ok.”

Max only responded by hugging her even tighter if that was possible.

Due to exhaustion, Max and Liz fell asleep with Zan cuddled between them.

“How do you think they’re coping? They haven’t left the room since they went in and that’s an hour ago already.” Isabel was pacing the living room floor.

“I’m sure that Max just wanted to make sure that they’re ok.” Alex replied.

“That doesn’t take a whole hour, Alex.” Isabel snapped at him.

Alex only raised an eyebrow to her.

Isabel sighed and wrapped her arms around her husband. “I’m sorry. I’m just worried about them.”

“Well you can stop. I’m sure they’re alright.” Alex hugged his wife back.

“I can’t stand the waiting either, I’m gonna go up there and check on them.” Maria stomped her way to Max’s room before anyone could stop her.

When she opened the door, she saw Max, Liz and Zan all asleep in Max’s bed.

Max sensed the movement in the room and quickly raised his head to see what was going on or more importantly if danger has followed them home.

Maria instantly assured him that it was just her. “I’m sorry, go back to sleep. We were just wondering what was going on in here.” she whispered.

Max nodded and laid back down.

Maria closed the door and went back down the stairs.

“So?” Michael asked.

“They’re sleeping.” Maria answered.

Isabel nodded.

“So do you want to wait till they wake up?” Alex asked her.

“Do you mind?” She questioned back.

“You know I don’t.”

“Thanks.”

“Look, you can take my room, I’ll just use Zan’s.” Maria offered.

“Thanks.” Isabel smiled at her as she and Alex headed to Maria’s room to get some rest.

“I’m glad you’re ok too, Michael.” Maria said quietly once they were left alone.

Michael blinked. “Uh…thanks.”

Maria gave him a small smile. “And thank you for what you did back there, not just trying to calm me down but for saving Liz and Zan too.”

“Don’t mention it. We would have done it for anyone else.”

“Yeah, but, thanks anyway. I know that’s not much but they’re my family you know.” Maria then started to cry as she recalled the events that happened that day.

“Hey.” Michael reached for her and hugged her closely.

The two remained that way for minutes until Maria finally managed to calm down.

When Maria closed the door, Max didn’t go back to sleep. Instead he watched Liz and Zan sleep peacefully. And this time, Zan was sleeping without the nightmares all on her own. However, he couldn’t help but wonder what new trauma this day would bring to his little girl.

Zan started to awaken and found her daddy staring back at her. “Daddy” she spoke with a serene smile.

“Hi princess.” Max smiled back. He pulled her close and hugged her to him. Zan managed to crawl up his chest and just laid there listening to her father’s heartbeat.

“Are you ok?” Max asked his baby girl while rubbing comforting circles on her back. He still couldn’t believe that the small wisp of a girl laying on top of him used powers stronger than any of them have ever seen and saved him.

“Uh huh.”

Tears slipped down his face once more at the thought of almost losing the little girl he loved so much.

A hand wiped away his tears. He looked over to his left and saw Liz staring at him. Max gave her a small smile but there was something in her eyes that made his smile fade quickly. “What is it?”

Liz took a deep breath. “We need to go back home, Max.”

“You are home.”

Liz shook her head slowly. “No. Back to our old house.”

“What? No! Liz, I just got you back.”

“Mommy?” Zan looked at her mother. She knew that her mom didn’t want to leave, she could feel it. Why was she telling her dad that they were going back to their old house?

Max put Zan back on the bed and sat up to look at Liz. “You can’t go, Liz. You can’t.”

“Max, this was only temporary, remember?” Liz sat up now too and tried to squelch the pain she was feeling inside. She didn’t want to leave but she didn’t want Max to think that they were overstaying their welcome.

Max took her hands in his. “Why are you saying this? We don’t know if this is really over and…and…I don’t want you to go.” He whispered the last few words softly.

“Max, I don’t want you to think that we’re abusing your kindness by staying here longer than we have to.”

“You’re not abusing anything. I want you to stay here, Liz. I love you and Zan so much. It would kill me not to be able to wake up beside you two every morning. The thought of losing you today…I can’t even begin to think what I would have done.” He grabbed Liz and held on to her as if his life depended on it. “You can’t leave me, Liz. You can’t. I’d die without you. I love you.”

Liz’s tears fell and she hugged Max back. She can’t fight her feelings anymore. She loved him with as much force as his love for her, maybe even more.

“Please, don’t go. I want you both to live here. I want us to live as a family.” Max said.

Liz thought back to what it felt when the possibility of never seeing Max again entered her mind while they were being held captive by the other aliens. Those thoughts scared her so much. She didn’t want to be away from him a minute longer for she loved him. If there was anything good that came out of today’s events, it was that it made her open her eyes to the truth. That she was in love with Max Evans.

And now he’s asking her to stay, her and Zan to stay and be a family. She pulled back a little to look into Max’s eyes. She wanted him to see. She wanted him to see that she too loved him.

“I want that too, Max.”

Max couldn’t hold back any longer and kissed her deeply. When the need for air forced them to part, he had to ask. “Then why were you talking about leaving?”

“Because I didn’t want you to have the chance of throwing us out someday. I couldn’t bear that, Max. Not from you.”

“Oh baby, that’s never going to happen. Never.” He pulled her close and kissed her again. “I love you so much.”

“I love you too.” Liz spoke with tears in her eyes.

“And I luv you too!” Zan piped up and hugged both her parents.

Max and Liz giggled and sandwiched the little girl between them. They were now a family. Now the only thing left for Max to do is to make it official.
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

Chapter 52

Coming down the stairs, the happy family was greeted by Michael, Maria, Isabel, Alex, Kyle, Cal and three of the remaining guards.

“Cal.” Liz ran to him and hugged him tightly.

Cal returned the embrace from the human he considered his family.

“I’m so glad you’re ok.” Liz smiled tearfully.

“I’m glad you’re ok too.” Cal replied.

“Gwampa!” Zan ran up to him and Cal lifted her high in the air after letting go of Liz.

“How are you feeling, little princess?” Cal asked as he carried the girl in his arms.

“I’m ok.” Zan grinned.

“That’s good to hear.”

“Thank you, Cal, for coming to save us.” Liz spoke.

“You don’t have to thank me. It was my duty. But even if it wasn’t, I would do anything to get you both back safely.” Cal replied.

“Oh Liz.” Maria hugged her best friend tight as Liz turned to face her.

“Hey Maria.” Liz and Maria held to each other for a couple of minutes silently as everyone looked on.

“What about me?” Zan spoke loudly.

“Hey there, cutie.” Maria laughed as she wiped away her tears. She also took Zan in her arms and hugged her as close as possible.

“We’re all glad you’re ok.” Isabel said.

“Thank you so much, everyone.” Liz smiled. Then she noticed something. “We’re missing one guard.” She looked around trying to find him.

Max stepped closer to her. “He didn’t make it, Liz.” he told her sadly.

“Oh God.” Liz bit her lip as Max enveloped her in his arms. She wept silently with Max offering whatever comfort he could give through their connection.

“What happened, Aunty Wia?” Zan looked at her aunt forlornly.

“One of the guards has gone to Heaven, honey.”

“Why?”

“Well, he was…hit by the bad people.”

“Oh.” Zan pouted and clung to Maria’s neck. She leaned her head on Maria’s shoulders, feeling the emotions coming out of her mother. Soon she was weeping.

“Liz.” Maria called her attention. She knew what was happening to Zan and Liz had to do something.

Liz lifted her head out of Max’s embrace and saw Zan crying. She left Max’s arms and took Zan in hers. “Hey baby,” she whispered, “come here, my love. It’s ok. Sshhh.” She went to the couch and sat down, rocking Zan back and forth.

Max sat down beside them, trying to rub his daughter’s back soothingly.

“You would both be great rulers someday.” Cal spoke. “You care for the Antarian people without really knowing them. Don’t be saddened by his loss. He died nobly protecting you.”

“That’s the point, Cal. He didn’t have to die for us.” Liz answered.

“It was his duty to protect you.”

“No, he didn’t have to. And yet he paid for it with his life.”

“Liz, whether it’s you or someone else, they would willingly die for their queen.”

“Cal.” Max warned.

“No, you have to hear this now. You are the Royal family of Antar. You may have denounced the throne, Max. But Zan didn’t. She is still the heir to the throne and while she is still a minor, she will need someone to guide her. And she has chosen Liz for that role. She became the queen mother when you abdicated your throne. But as you can see, with or without you, they would always be a threat to your enemies.”

“Then Zan will decline the throne as well.” Liz said.

“And what about her children and her grandchildren?” Cal questioned.

Liz stared at him for a long time before she spoke once more, though this time her voice came out resignedly. “This will never end, will it?”

“I’m sorry, Liz, but it won’t. You are the true royals of Antar. And as long as your line exists, you will always be considered a threat to those who covet the throne.” Cal responded somberly.

Max turned to her, “Liz, I’m sorry.”

“No, Max, don’t. It’s just one of the consequences. I have Zan in my life, that’s the only thing that matters. We just have to be careful from now on. I can never regret having you and Zan, even if I become a ruler to people from an unknown planet in an unknown galaxy.” Liz said with a small smile.

Max cradled Liz’s face in his palms, “I love you.” And then he kissed her.

“Awww, you’re back together.” Maria teased.

“Ok, now that the Royals are back, what do we do next?” Michael asked Max.

“Um, Liz and Zan are moving in with me…permanently.” Max said sheepishly.

“Really? That’s great news, Max.” Isabel said beaming.

Liz kept looking at Maria for her reaction and worried that her friend might be hurt by it.

“Oh.” Maria spoke, surprised a bit by the news.

Liz relinquished her hold on Zan over to Max. She moved closer to Maria and dragged her to the kitchen, away from everyone so they can talk privately.

“Maria—” Liz started but was quickly cut off.

“Don’t.” Maria shook her head. “I knew this was bound to happen. It was only a matter of time before you and Max get back together and decide to be a family.”

“No, we’re not even there yet.”

Maria raised a brow to Liz, “Yet, but you will be.”

“I don’t want to leave you alone, Maria. You’ve been my family all this time. You’ve stuck with me through thick and thin.”

“Which is why I would like to ask you to move in here too.” Max spoke suddenly, surprising the two women. “I’m sorry for interrupting but I said it before, I will not have you living there alone. You’re a part of this now as well, Maria. I’m sorry.”

“Max, that’s kind of you, really, it is. But it’s time you three have some time alone to live as a family.” Maria told him.

“This is a big house, Maria. Having you here with us won’t be a problem. And I won’t rest easily knowing one of us is left defenseless.” Max answered.

“Please, Maria? Please stay.” Liz pleaded.

Maria only rolled her eyes at them. “God, you both are so stubborn. You two really deserve each other, you know that? Alright, I’ll stay.”

Liz quickly hugged her best friend.

“But this is only temporary, ok?” Maria continued.

“Whatever you say, Maria.” Liz was grinning from ear to ear.

After a couple of weeks and everyone was already settling back to their normal lives, the Evans family was happily eating dinner with Max and Liz listening to Zan’s day at school. Maria was out on a date with Michael and it looks like those two were heading to becoming a couple soon.

“…and my teachewr said we need to bwing ouwr daddies with us tomowow.” Zan looked at her father with her big doe eyes, silently asking him to say yes.

“Sure, Zan, I’ll go to your school tomorrow.” Max answered.

“Yay! We haves to talk about whatchu do and stuff.” Zan informed both parents. “Mommy, you can come too.”

“I have work to do tomorrow, baby. And since your daddy will be there, he’ll be the one to bring you to school, alright?” Liz looked at Max and Zan.

“Ok.” Zan smiled.

“Will Desaro be with you tomorrow?” Max asked Liz worriedly.

“Yes, he’ll be there.”

“Good. Better safe than sorry.”

“I know.” Liz smiled lovingly at him. All in all, they were pretty much living the life of a normal, popular, alien, royal family.
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: Well, we're almost to the end, just a couple more parts left. But don't worry, there will definitely be some nookie before I move on. I just hope all of you will be reading my new fic and liking it as much as this one. Thank you to everyone who has read and liked this. I know it's not that good considering it's my first alien fic but thanks so much for all your kind words.

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 53

The next day, Zan and Max were up bright and early as they got ready to go to Zan’s school. Max told his coach that he will be missing practice today for Zan which the coach agreed to, albeit reluctantly.

Max and Liz made sure to teach her what to say the night before. They had to guarantee that she will not say anything alien related.

As soon as Zan was strapped in her car seat, she and Max waved bye to Liz and headed off to school. Once they got there, she and her father walked in hand in hand.

“Hello Zan.” her teacher greeted her. “And who’s this with you?”

“This is my Daddy, Mrs. Smith.” Zan informed her teacher proudly.

“Oh.” Mrs. Smith was a little taken aback. Looking at both Max and Zan, it was quite obvious that this man is indeed the little girl’s father. The similarity in their features can’t deny such. But she wondered why Liz Parker didn’t tell her Alissandra’s father was back in the picture. “Well, it’s nice to see you…uh…”

“Max Evans.” Max reached out his hand and shook that of the teacher’s.

“It’s nice to meet you Mr. Evans. I’m Vanessa Smith.” The older lady shook Max’s hand before addressing Zan. “Zan, why don’t you go inside and get ready for class. I just want a moment to speak with your dad.”

Zan looked up at Max questioningly. “It’s ok, sweetheart, I’ll be right there.” Max assured her. Zan then decided to go inside the room.

Once Zan was out of the earshot, Mrs. Smith turned back to Max. “Mr. Evans, I’m glad that you’re back in Zan’s life. I was just wondering why Liz hasn’t brought up this new development. You see, when I gave out this assignment, I was worried about how Zan will take it.”

“A lot has been going on lately, which is probably why Liz hasn’t mentioned it. They just moved in with me and we’re still trying to settle in and all.” Max said, not really wanting to divulge any more information than necessary.

“I assume this will be a permanent situation now that both Liz and Zan are living with you?” Mrs. Smith asked.

“Uh…yeah.” Max answered uncomfortably.

“Don’t get me wrong, Mr. Evans. The only reason I’m asking all this is for Zan’s records. I was just concerned for the little girl if she will still retain the name Parker or acquire the name Evans. Zan is at a very impressionable stage and I would like to see her deal with this as best she can, without any confusion. Do you understand what I’m trying to say here? Once Zan introduces you to her classmates, there will be questions asked I assure you. And being the inquisitive bunch that they are, these children will wonder why Zan is a Parker while you are an Evans.”

Max never thought of that. He and Liz still haven’t discussed these things but having heard this from Zan’s teacher, he made a mental note to talk to Liz about this as soon as he and Zan get home. “Thank you for your concern, Mrs. Smith. Let me assure you that Liz and I will discuss this as soon as possible.”

“Glad to hear it.” Mrs. Smith smiled. “Now let’s go in.”

When Max entered the room, there were about 15 children in the class, including Zan. And it was evident in the other faces in the room that they recognized who he is.

“Alright, class, who wants to start with their assignment?”

A lot of the children raised their hands and it was clear that the entire session will be spent for this assignment alone. All of the kids introduced their dads and described what they did as best they could. There were several questions about what the dads do which made the class participation lively. There was a lawyer, an accountant, a doctor, a fireman and so forth. Then, it was Max and Zan’s turn.

Zan went to the front with Max standing beside her. “This is my daddy. His name is Max Evans.” Zan smiled at him.

“He’s a basketbawl pwayer. And me and my mommy live in his big house with him.” She looked back again to Max who only nodded for her to continue.

“He pways fowr the Roswell Comets. And…he’s the team captain. So he leads their team awong with the coach.” Then she was quick to add, “But he missed pwactice today to be hewre, right Daddy?”

“That’s right, princess.” Max grinned.

“He pways weally good and I’ve been to lotsa games with my mommy and Aunty Mawia. Um…” She looked at Max uncertainly. “What else, Daddy?” she whispered aloud.

Mrs. Smith smiled at the closeness that the father and daughter pair showed.

Max chuckled and pulled Zan close. “Well, Zan is also my loudest and best cheerleader.”

“Ok, class, do you have any questions?” Mrs. Smith asked.

One boy raised his hand, “How come Zan didn’t tell us befowre dat you’re her daddy?”

“Christopher.” One of the dads warned the little kid.

Max and Zan looked at each other. “Uh, Zan and I were separated before. She had to live with her mommy until I found her again. Or more like she found me.”

“She found you?” A little girl asked.

“Yeah, we were on a plane that made a crash landing and…” Max then stopped and remembered how Zan had psychic abilities. “Um, I helped her and her mom get out because she asked me too.”

“Wow, that’s cool!” One of the other boys said.

“It’s great that you’re Zan’s dad, Mister Evans. Can we also watchu play some time?” Another toddler asked.

“Sure, I don’t see why not. Maybe Mrs. Smith can arrange a field trip someday and you can all watch the team practice.”

“Yay!!!” The students cheered.

“Mistewr Evans, can we have your autograph?”

“Billy.” Mrs. Smith admonished.

Max laughed. “It’s ok, Mrs. Smith. I’ll gladly sign autographs for everyone.” So the rest of the time they had was spent with Max signing autographs for the kids and their dads too.

“Did you have a good day, baby?” Max asked Zan once they were back in his SUV.

“Uh huh.” Zan nodded.

“Are you hungry, sweetie? Do you want to eat lunch out? Just the two of us?”

“Kay.”

Max noticed that Zan was a little quiet. “Zan? What’s wrong? Are you sick?”

Zan shook her head no.

“Talk to me, princess.”

“How come you and I were sepawated?” Zan asked, remembering the question from one of her classmates.

Max blinked, he wanted to be able to hold his little girl while he explained things to her. “Why don’t we go find a place to eat where we can talk ok?”

Zan only nodded her reply.

They went into an Italian restaurant and anyone who would see them found them so adorable. Here was a man dressed formally with his little girl in his arms. Once Max gave the waitress their order, he pulled Zan close to him.

“Baby, the reason why we were separated before was because I gave you to your Grandpa Cal so he could give you to your mommy.”

“Mommy said I had a diffwent mommy befowre. But she’s my only mommy.” Zan spoke.

“That’s right, Liz is your only Mommy. She cares for you and loves you so much. But she didn’t really give birth to you. That was someone else.”

“Who?”

“She was my friend. Her name was Erin Langley.”

Zan remained quiet.

Max tried to think up of an explanation that Zan could understand. “You see, Zan, babies come from their mother’s tummy. And you came from Erin’s. But she died…and I…I gave you to Grandpa Cal because I wanted you to be safe. I wanted you to grow up normally, without all the alien stuff.”

“Why did she die?”

“She was weak, sweetie. And her body couldn’t hold out for long.”

“So she’s an angel now? Like my Gwampa Jeff and Gwamma Nan?”

Max smiled, “Yeah, she is.”

“Will she take me away from my mommy?”

“What? No, baby, she won’t. No one will ever take you away from your mommy.”

“The bad peopwle twied.”

“Oh sweetie, don’t worry about that anymore, ok? I will never let anything happen to you. As for Erin, she’s not bad. I’m sure she’s happy that Liz became your mommy. No one can ever love you as much as Liz can. Do you understand what I’m saying, baby?”

“I tink so.”

“Just remember this, even if you didn’t come from Liz’s tummy, it was like you did. She loves you with all her heart, Zan. You are her baby like she’s your mommy.”

Zan nodded. “And now we’re all togethewr again. Are we going to be sepawated again, Daddy?”

Max hugged her close, “Never again, baby. Which is why I need your help today.”

“My hewlp? How?

“We’re going shopping for mommy.”

“Shopping?” Zan’s eyes lit up. “I like shopping.”

Max curiously noted how Zan became excited with the word ‘shopping’. “Sweetheart, do you go shopping with your Aunty Maria a lot?”

“Yes.” Zan emphasized with a nod.

Max only laughed.

“What are we gonna buy fowr Mommy?”

“Jewelry.”

“What’s juwewy?” Zan asked, tilting her head slightly.

“Um, they’re necklaces, earrings, bracelets.”

Zan’s eyes widened with delight, “We’re gonna buy Mommy all dat?”

“Nope, just one. We’re going to buy Mommy a very nice ring.”

“What do you think of this one, princess?” Max showed Zan on of the rings that the clerk held up for him since he also had Zan hoisted in his arms.

Zan made a face, scrunching up her cute little nose. “No, not that. It’s too big.”

Max smiled and touched the tip of his daughter’s nose. “Ok, what about that one?” He pointed at another which the clerk took out and showed to the little girl. Obviously, the man would purchase whatever ring she would approve of.

Zan shook her head once more. Then she saw something in one of the glass cases behind the salesman. “That one, Daddy.”

Both Max and the salesman looked at the glass case and saw a white gold ring with a round diamond on it that was about 1.5 carats in size.

“Ah, that one is indeed a beauty. Your daughter has a good eye.” the clerk said as he took out the ring and showed it to Max.

“She’s had practice.” Max grinned.

Both he and Zan perused the ring closely. “Are you sure Mommy will like this one?” he asked his baby.

“Yup!” Zan was beaming.

“Ok, we’ll take it.”
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

A/N: I'm so sorry for the wait. I was having problem with the nookie scene which totally sucks by the way. But to make up for it, this a longer part than all the ones before it. One more chapter before the epilogue....

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 54

The next night, Max and Liz were driving down the desert for their date. Michael went over to Max’s house to stay with Maria and Zan while Max made his move.

“Max, where are we going?” Liz asked for the umpteenth time.

Max just laughed, “You know you’re worse than Zan asking, ‘Are we there yet?’.”

“Well, what do you expect? You told me we were going out on a date. I don’t think there’s anything here but rocks and… sand.” Liz said the last word absently, mesmerized at the sight before her.

In the middle of the desert, there was a patch of green grass big enough to have a picnic on. There were cloths of silk in red and white draped in the form of a canopy. Lighted candles illuminated the place and a satin blanket lay on the grass adorned with tens of pillows. And a small table with a candlelit dinner was placed in the middle of it all.

“Oh…oh my God…” Liz whispered in awe.

“Do you like it?” Max asked near her ear as he wrapped his arms around her waist from behind.

“Yes, I love it.” Liz reached behind her and brought Max’s head down for a kiss.

“Mmmm, as much as I would love to continue this, we have to stop.” Max said as he pulled away.

“Why?” Liz whined.

Max chuckled, “Liz Parker, did you just whine?”

“And what if I did?” Liz asked teasingly.

“Well, now I know where Zan got it from. And it isn’t from Maria.”

The couple laughed at that before Max led her towards the table.

“Wow, this looks yummy.” Liz complimented.

“It should be. I ordered them from a really good restaurant.”

Liz laughed, “And here I thought you would have cooked for me.”

“Next time.”

For the next hour, they ate and talked about everything they could think of and Zan of course. Liz told him how it was like when Zan was still a baby and her many firsts. Max listened attentively, absorbing every detail Liz could give him like a sponge.

When it was time for dessert, Max sat closely beside Liz and placed a chocolate box which he took out of a small cooler.

“What is this?” Liz questioned with a grin.

“Open it.” Max answered.

Liz looked at him suspiciously then opened the sweet box. “Oh wow.” she said as she saw the chocolate coated strawberries inside. “How did you know?’

“Zan told me. She said you used to make some with her and that you both love eating them.” Max grinned.

“Does she have some at home?” Liz asked.

Max blinked. ‘Home’, he was glad that Liz saw his house as their home now. And hopefully after tonight, she wouldn’t think of any other place than that when she says that word.

“Yeah, I left her some.” Max replied. “But I told Maria to only give them to Zan once she’s done eating her dinner.” he quickly added.

“She’s probably batting her eyelashes at Maria to let her have them already. You know she got those from you.” Liz commented.

“Those what?”

“Lashes. You both have very long eyelashes.” Then she said softly, “I like them a lot.”

Max smiled lovingly and kissed her. Then he took one of the treats and fed one to Liz.

“Mmmm.” Liz moaned with her eyes closed.

Max could only stare. His mind was torn with regretting feeding her because now a part of his anatomy won’t calm down, and glad that he did feed her the strawberry because he was now loving the sensual purrs Liz was giving.

They went through the whole box and when she got to the bottom, Liz was surprised to see another box inside it. “What’s this?”

“Open it.” was Max’s only response.

And open it she did. But when she saw what was in it, she was shocked to the core. “Max?”

“I’ve loved you even before I knew who you were. And when I met you and gotten to know you, you only made me fall for you even more. I can’t imagine living my life without you by my side. When you found out about all the alien stuff, you didn’t run and hide. You didn’t waver and took it head on. And watching you with Zan and how much she adores you, it makes my heart swell. I want us to be a family, Liz. You’re already the mother of my first born, I want you to be the mother of any other future children I may have. I love you with everything that I am, Liz. Please make me the happiest man…hybrid and say you’ll be my wife.” Max spoke with all the love and passion he felt for the woman sitting right next to him.

“Max…”

He quickly rushed in. “You can think about it first if you need some time. You don’t have to give me an answer right away. I know it’s too much to take in right now and—”

“Yes.”

“What?”

“My answer is yes, Max. I want to marry you and be your wife.”

“You…oh my God…oh my…” Max took Liz’s face in his hands and kissed her deeply. “I love you so much.” he vowed as they broke apart.

“I love you too.” Liz was grinning from ear to ear.

“When is Mommy and Daddy coming home?” Zan asked in between bites of her chocolate covered strawberries.

“Soon, cutie.” Maria answered as she looked over at Zan and was surprised at the sight she saw.

Zan’s mouth was covered in chocolate.

Maria started to laugh. Upon hearing this, Michael walked over to them from the kitchen where he was making more of those strawberry treats.

“What is it?” Michael asked and then laughed as well when he saw the condition Zan was in.

“What?” Zan asked innocently.

“Look at you,” Maria began, “you’re covered in chocolate. Come here, sweetie.” Maria wet one of the table napkins with her water and started to wipe the chocolate off of Zan’s angelic face.

Looking on, Michael felt a funny feeling inside him when he observed how Maria lovingly cared for the little girl.

“Bettewr?” Zan asked after Maria was done.

“Just one more.” Pulling her close, Maria put a loud smack on Zan’s cheek.

Zan quickly giggled and hugged her aunt tightly. Then she remembered her mommy. “I want my Mommy, Aunty Wia.” she said longingly.

“I know, Zan. But she’ll be here soon.”

“When is dat?”

“Well, we don’t really know what time exactly but they’ll be here before you know it. In the meantime, we can play some games.” Michael tried to help.

“Like what?” That piqued Zan’s interest.

Maria smiled at Michael as he successfully diverted Zan’s attention from missing her parents.

“Hmm, what games do you like playing?’ Michael asked.

Zan look at Maria with exuberance and turned back to Michael. “Makeover!”

“What?” Michael stared wide-eyed at both of the girls.

“Makeover is fun, Uncy Michael.” Zan reiterated.

“Yeah, Uncy Michael, makeover’s fun.” Maria said with an evil gleam in her emerald eyes.

“No, nuh uh, no way. Not that.” Michael kept shaking his head from side to side as he backed away from them.

Maria looked at Zan, “What do you say, cutie?”

“Let’s get ‘im!!!”

Max and Liz were already lying on the blanket and making out. Earlier, Max moved the small table to the side and went back to kissing his fiancée.

Liz was also returning the passion, setting their bodies in a fervent fire. As Liz allowed herself to be devoured by Max, she was also nibbling on the skin he was exposing slowly.

Max was beginning to undress Liz who returned the favor and was unbuttoning his shirt as fast as she could. However, due to her attempt to hasten the process, her hands were fumbling more and more. Then suddenly, she just ripped his shirt open, exposing lots of bronzed skin and a perfectly chiseled upper body.

Liz had to gasp softly at the sight that was presented to her. She wanted to lick him all over but instead only bit her lip to prevent herself from losing control.

“I love it when you do that.” Max whispered in her ear huskily as he leaned down closer to nibble her lobe.

“D-do what?” Liz asked with a staccato breath.

“Biting your lip like that. It makes me wish every time that it was me chewing on it instead.”

Liz smiled softly and even deepened their kiss, pulling down his head with one hand and rubbing the other over his toned abs.

“Liz.” Max hissed as he halted her hand with his own.

“What?”

“Your touches are driving me crazy.”

“Really?”

“Yes. God, woman, don’t you know what you do to me simply by returning my gaze?”

Liz shook her head no with her eyes staring back at his curiously.

“Liz, one touch makes me quiver inside.”

She smiled, “You do the same to me.” Liz whispered.

Max couldn’t hold out anymore. He had to be with her. In one wave of a hand, he made all their clothing disappear. When he felt Liz shiver a little from the coldness, he transformed one of the pillows into a fleece blanket to keep them warm.

“Thank you.” Liz said.

“Anything for you, Liz.” Max kissed her again and started to position himself between her legs.

Liz quickly gave him access to her deep recesses and Max did his best in controlling the blaze wanting to be released.

“Max, don’t. Don’t hold out on my expense. I love you, you can never hurt me.” Liz told him lovingly.

Max exhaled slowly and inserted himself into her.

“Oh God.” They cried in unison after being apart for some time.

“I love you, Liz. You’re everything to me. You’re the other half of my heart and my soul.” Max spoke as he thrust in and out of her.

“I love you too, Max. I never knew what it was like to love like this until you came into my life. You’re my other half too.” Liz replied.

A ball of light once again engulfed them as they felt their souls meeting and joining together. It grew brighter and brighter but neither of them noticed.

“Liz!”

“Max!”

As they reached their mutual climax, the ball scattered into little pieces and absorbed into their bodies.

“Oh wow.”

“I know.”

Neither Max nor Liz could speak after that. But when Max pulled Liz to lie slightly on top of him, she placed her hand on his chest and there glowed the constellation of the whirlwind galaxy.

“Max.” Liz exclaimed.

Max looked down and saw what she was staring at. But when he looked at her, he saw her chest glowing as well.

“Uh, Liz…”

Liz looked up at him and followed his gaze to her chest where the seal was emblazoned too. She touched it reverently and asked aloud, “What does this mean?”

“We’re cemented. We’re married as according to Antar.” Max answered robotically.

“How do you know this?” Liz looked at him again.

“Know what?” Max asked as if he seemed to come out of a trance.

“Know that we’re married in Antar.”

Max blinked, “I don’t know. A lost memory?”

Liz leaned up and gave him a sweet peck on the lips. “Maybe.”

Max noticed how her eyes were closing fast. “Go to sleep, Liz. I love you.”

“Mmmm, I love you too.” she responded as she drifted off to sleep.

Max was also slipping into dreamland fast so he pulled Liz closer and used his powers to wrap the blanket around them tighter.

What they didn’t notice was the faint glow that the other’s skin emitted as their skins touched nor the “V” constellation glowing brightly above them.

When they got home early the next morning, the sight that greeted them left them wondering if they should laugh or get angry. The living room was a mess. Junk food and make up were scattered on the table. Maria was sleeping on one couch and Michael was on the other with Zan sleeping peacefully on top of him.

Liz went to Maria and started waking her up so she could transfer to her own bed where she could be more comfortable. And Max walked over to where Zan was and picked her up. Zan shifted a little and was on the verge of waking up, but Max rocked her gently and talked softly to soothe his daughter back to sleep. Once Zan was asleep again, Max placed a kiss on her head.

Even in sleep, Michael sensed the movement in the room. Suddenly he woke up. “Wha—? What happened? Who—? Max?”

Max turned his attention to Michael who he knew was ready to blast anyone he did not recognize. So Max quickly reassured his friend where he was and that it was him and Liz who came home. But when he saw Michael, his second-in-command, Max couldn’t help it and burst out laughing.

“Max.” Liz whispered harshly since she knew his laughter would awaken their little baby. But as soon as she saw their friend, she too wasn’t able to hold it in.

Michael’s hair was in pigtails, with about three pairs of barrettes on his head. He was wearing bright blue eye shadow and black eyeliner and mascara. His cheeks were fuchsia pink and his lips were a shade of fire-engine-red.

“Oh my…” Liz couldn’t stop laughing nor could Max even if their lives depended on it.

“What’s going on?” Maria stirred. She looked at Max and Liz, “Hey, you guys are home.” But she noted how they were still laughing. Then she saw Michael and she started to laugh too.

“What is going on?” Michael yelled.

“Your face, Michael.” Max snickered.

Michael ran to the nearest mirror and was shocked at his reflection. “ARGH!!!!” He quickly ran to the nearest bathroom to remove the stuff off his face, leaving behind Max, Liz and Maria who were still laughing hysterically.

“Daddy?” Zan lifted her head off of Max’s shoulder.

“Hey princess.” Max kissed her temple again.

“What took you so long?” Zan asked drowsily.

Max and Liz blushed first before answering the girl.

“Uh, we didn’t notice the time, sweetie.” Liz moved closer to Zan and rubbed her daughter’s back comfortingly.

“Didcha give it to ‘er, Daddy? Didcha give ‘er the wing?” Zan asked.

“Wing?” Liz wondered.

“Yup, me and Daddy got it.” Zan informed her.

“Oh, the ring. I love it, baby. Thank you.” Liz kissed her girl who smiled and hugged her, then went back to lay her head on her father’s shoulder and sleep.

“I take it you had a late night.” Liz turned to Maria.

“And I take it you’re engaged.” Maria bantered back.

Liz only smiled and Maria ran to her and hugged her best friend.

Then Michael came back with a soiled towel and was constantly wiping at his eyes. “It won’t come off!”

Maria looked at him and then picked up a small container off the table. “Oops, I think I made a mistake. That mascara’s waterproof.”
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

Hey everyone. This is the last chapter before the epilogue. Thanks so much for all the feedback and for liking my first ever alien fic. I know it wasn't that good but you stuck by me anyway. I can never express how grateful I am for that. Thank you all so much.

Kay

~*~*~*~*~

Chapter 55

“What time is it?”

“Two minutes since the last time you asked. Maxwell, would you please calm down. Just…just sit down and take deep breaths.” Michael said with exasperation.

Today is Max and Liz’s wedding day. And Max has been a walking bag of nerves ever since he woke up. Maria had banished Max to Michael’s house the day before the wedding and hasn’t been able to hold Liz since then. He hated it but he didn’t want to dare go against Maria’s orders. He couldn’t believe it; he was a king, an alien at that and yet he was afraid of what was to come if he disobeyed.

“What’s taking so long?” Max asked.

“Max, we’re still early. The ceremony won’t start for another…20 minutes.” Kyle said after looking at his watch.

There were already a few guests in the chapel, mostly from Max’s side. Isabel planned the entire thing and not to make it look too akward, she had her parents and the immediate family sit on one side, and their friends and Max’s teammates on the other. Maria was Liz’s maid of honor while Michael was Max’s bestman. And little Zan was their flowergirl.

In a room, Isabel was checking and re-checking Liz’s train, making sure that every lace wasn’t wrinkled, every fold in place.

Cal entered the room. “Are you all set?”

“Lookit my dwess, Gwampa.” Zan looked down at the white fluff of skirts.

“You look so pretty, Zan.” Cal hugged his granddaughter.

“Yup. Mommy does too.”

“Yes, you look quite lovely, Liz.” Cal had a sentimental tone to his voice.

They all waited for Liz to respond but she just kept staring at her own reflection in the mirror. Tears started to form in her eyes as her face became sad.

“Oh no, Liz, your makeup.” Isabel fretted.

“Chica, what’s wrong?” Maria walked up to her best friend and placed both hands on her shoulders.

“I wish they could see me.” Liz spoke softly.

“Lizzie.” Cal enveloped the girl he came to regard as his own family and hugged her close.

“Mommy.” Zan started to cry as well.

Isabel quickly scooped up the girl in her arms. “I’m going to take her to Max.”

When Isabel left, Maria thought up an excuse to give Cal and Liz some privacy. “And I’m…yeah, ok…I’m gonna check on the guests.” And she left post haste.

When Isabel reached the other room on the far end of the hall, she entered without even knocking. “Max.”

Max was swiftly on his feet. “What? What is it? What’s wrong? What happened? Is it Liz?”

“Calm down. Liz is just having a moment with Cal. There’s nothing to worry about but…um, here.” Isabel passed Zan to her father.

“Zan? Sweetie, what’s wrong?” Max soothed his baby while taking her and sitting her on his lap.

“Mommy’s sad. She misses my Gwampa Jeff and my Gwams” Tears began to fall silently.

“Oh no. Her pretty face is getting all ruined.” Isabel whispered to Alex.

“It’ll be ok, baby. Sshhh, Cal will take care of it.” Max started rocking his little girl slowly to comfort her.

Back in the bride’s room, Cal and Liz were already seated and were talking softly about Jeff and Nancy.

“I just wish they could see this, that they’re here to walk me down the aisle.” Liz confessed.

“I know, Liz. And I’m sure that if they were alive, they’d hold you close and be so proud of you for becoming more than the woman they expected you to be.”

“All the time during the preparations, I kept telling myself that it’s ok because they’ll be here in spirit. But now…” Liz started to cry again.

“It’s alright, if you want to weep for them, then do so. I know how hard it is, but I’m sure that Jeff and Nancy would want nothing more than to see you happy. Are you sure you want to do this? Are you ready for this?”

“Yes.” Liz nodded.

“Then you have nothing to worry about. They’re here, I’m sure of it. And they’re happy just as much as you are.”

Liz smiled and hugged him. “Thank you.”

“No Liz, thank you.”

Liz took a deep breath and stood up to look at herself in the mirror once more.

“Wait.” Cal took something out of a box that Liz thought was simply a wedding present. “I know it’s not the real thing. But it’s the closest it could come. You should wear this…my Queen.”

Liz gasped as she looked at the small diamond crown that Cal presented to her. He placed it carefully on top of her head and pulled the veil over her face.

“Cal, is this…?”

“Yes, Liz. That is a copy of the Antarian Queen’s crown. You deserve this. Ever since you were born, I felt that this belonged to you. This is meant to be. This is your destiny, Liz.”

Isabel went back to the other room and when she opened the door, she was surprised at the sight before her. Liz looked regal and stunning. She was glowing radiantly and it was obvious that she was happy. Whatever Cal said to her must have worked.

“Wow, Liz…you look beautiful. Max will have a heart attack when he sees you.” Isabel commented.

“Thanks, Isabel.” Liz said with a slight giggle.

“Isabel, I need you to give this to Max. Tell him to place it on Zan.” Cal instructed.

“That’s ok, I can do that.”

“No, it has to be him.”

“Oh, ok.” Isabel took the tiara without saying another word. “So, can we start in about 5 minutes?” she looked at Liz.

“Yup. I’m ready.”

As Max was carrying a giggling Zan in his arms and twirling her around the dancefloor, Michael was chatting with Liz as they danced.

“Thanks for accepting everything about us.” Michael began.

“You don’t have to thank me, Michael. I wouldn’t have done it any other way.”

“I know, because of Zan, right? But still, you could have easily just packed your bags and taken Zan as far away as possible. But you didn’t. And despite everything, being a queen and all, you’re still here and even married into the family.” Michael said with a grin.

Liz looked over to the other pair that held her heart. “What can I say, I love them with all my heart.”

“But I don’t wantchu to go.” Zan pleaded while clutching her mommy’s neck tightly.

“I know, my little baby, but you’ll have fun here with Aunty Maria and Uncle Michael and Aunty Izzy and Uncle Alex and Grampa Cal…”

“It’s not da same.” Zan was openly sobbing now. She didn’t want her parents to leave her behind. She already learned how to sleep in her own room for the past couple of months although Max and Liz still woke up to find their daughter sleeping in their bed by morning. But now, they would be gone for a whole week and Zan wasn’t going to just sit back and watch as her parents walk out the door.

“Princess, it’ll just be for a week.” Max tried to appease Zan but it wasn’t working.

“How long is dat?” she looked over at Max without letting go of Liz.

“Seven days.” Max answered sheepishly.

“Seven? No, Mommy, don’t leave me.” Zan held on even tighter.

Max and Liz could only look at each other, both understanding Zan’s emotions through the connection they shared. She was still afraid of someone taking her away. So Max and Liz finally gave in.

“Alright, sshhh, ok, baby. You’re coming with us.” Liz carried Zan back up the stairs to pack a bag for her while Max called the airline company.

“Wait, Max, it’s your honeymoon.” Maria spoke.

“I know, but Zan is still scared. I know she needs to grow up and learn to be with other people and sleeping alone but I don’t have the heart to do that to her, not with the trauma she went through.”

“Yeah, I know. I just hope she recovers from it soon.”

“She will, in time.”

A few months later…

“Did you enjoy the zoo, princess?” Max asked.

“Yes.” Zan grinned as she climbed on to her daddy’s lap.

“What did you enjoy most?” Max helped Zan up and she leaned onto his chest.

“Um…the bears and the baby tigewrs and the penguins.”

Max smiled as Zan reached for the medium-sized penguin stuffed toy that was wearing a ski cap and scarf. When he saw how excited she was with the penguins, he just had to buy the stuffed toy at the souvenir shop.

“Daddy?”

“Hmm?” Max smiled. He never got tired of hearing Zan call him that.

“When will my baby get here?”

“What? What baby?”

“The new baby, Daddy. The one inside Mommy.”

Liz walked in Zan’s room and stopped when she saw Max staring at Zan. “Max?”

Max was a bit startled when he heard Liz’s voice and looked at her face, their eyes locking. Then he looked down at her stomach, back at her face then back at Zan’s.

“Zan, are you sure that’s what you’re feeling?”

“Yes, he’s hewre.” Zan leapt off her father’s lap and went over to Liz and hugged her stomach. Then she looked at it and spoke cheerily. “Hi, my baby.”
kay_b
Addicted Roswellian

Post by kay_b »

Thank you all so much for taking this ride with me. Writing my first alien fic was hard at times but all your feedback have always pushed me to do more. I know I always say how grateful I am for your kind words but it's the truth. I can't think up of any other way to express my thanks to each and everyone of you.

Now we're at the end of this fic. I really do hope that you liked reading this as much as I have enjoyed writing Zan. She is such a cutie, isn't she? :D

Anyway, I hope you'll all still read my next fic. It's entitled Please Remember and as all my other stories, it's another Dreamer.

Again, thank you to everyone, the feedbackers, the lurkers, the friends I have gained through Roswell, thank you all so much.

Smooches,
Kay

~*~*~*~*~

Epilogue

“Liz, Zan, I’m home!” Max called out as he closed the door behind him. It had been a few months since Zan announced that they were expecting an addition to their family, a new baby boy that she is already so fond of.

When she told Max and Liz about the baby, the two were stunned. Not because they didn’t expect it, it was more because they had no idea how Zan knew and they didn’t. Since then, Zan would sometimes pull them both in her dreams where she and her brother are often playing.

At first, they registered shock because they could see him, not as a little fetus, but as a baby who was just taking his first steps and his big sister guiding him. He had chubby cheeks and bright chocolatey eyes with Max’s lashes. He had a cute little nose and a smile that was so similar to Liz’s. His hair was as dark as the night and it was clear that he was indeed a beautiful baby. When they woke up, Liz was smiling with tears in her eyes while Max’s reflected the love he had for her. It was also then that they decided to name their newest darling, Parker Riley Evans.

During that time, Maria and Michael’s relationship have also blossomed wherein Maria has moved out of the Evans’ household and into the Guerin home. Although they still have a hot and cold relationship, the pair dearly loved each other. With Alex and Isabel, they too are experiencing the joys of parenthood as they had their twins, a boy and a girl, Colin and Caitlyn Whitman. Kyle Valenti was currently dating one of the team’s cheerleaders and was still far from settling down. The guards are still there, still willing to risk their lives for their Royals and Cal was still a famous Hollywood producer that would often visit his family in New Mexico. As for the alien abyss, the threats were still there since Antar has recognized the Evans as their true rulers. And for that, the entire group still trained and were now more powerful than ever.

“Daddy!” Zan came running into the living room once she heard her father’s voice.

“Hey there, my princess.” Max hugged her with one warm while trying to conceal his present with the other.

“What’s that?” Zan asked curiously.

“What’s what?” Max said with a glint in his eye.

“That box.” Zan pointed.

“Oh you mean this one?”

“Uh huh.”

“Hmm, I don’t know. Why don’t you open it?” Max set the box down carefully and stepped back as he watched Zan excitedly open her gift.

Liz waddled in and saw Zan tearing at a rather big box. “What did you get her this time, Max?” she asked with a groan.

“Hello, my wife.” Max kissed her deeply and lovingly, always loving the taste of her lips on his.

“A puppy!” Zan gently lifted the little white Pomeranian out of the box.

“Max, she’s too little!” Liz wailed.

“No, she can take care of it.” Max objected.

“Oh yeah, and when you need to walk the dog at night, are you going to let Zan do it?” Liz questioned with one raised brow.

Max could only scratch his own eyebrow at that. He never thought of that part. When he saw the puppy, he just new Zan would fall in love with it. Admittedly, ever since he and Liz got married and she had him written as Zan’s father in her birth certificate, he had been spoiling his little girl rotten.

“Well, we have a huge yard; she and I will do it.”

“And who will train it so that it’s housebroken?”

“I’ll hire someone. Liz, come on, you know you love it too. Just look at them.” Max said poutingly.

Liz looked over at Zan who was lying on her stomach on the floor and gazing at the adorable little pup. She had to admit, they did look cute together. So she gave a sigh, and Max knew she was already sold.

“Mommy, what are we gonna name her?” Zan asked cradling the puppy close.

“I don’t know, what do you want to name her?” Liz asked as she stroked the puppy’s head.

“Kitten.” Zan said beamingly.

“What? No, sweetheart, that’s a puppy, not a kitten.” Max laughed.

“But I like Kitten.” Zan pouted.

“Alright, Kitten it is.” Max yielded.

“Ok, Zan, why don’t you and Kitten go out to the yard where there’s more room for you to play.” Liz told her daughter.

“Okay.” Zan was skipping towards the yard with Max and Liz following closely behind. Soon, Liz was observing her family playing with the now more carefree little dog.

Then looking out towards the street, she saw a young woman staring at them. She walked a little towards her slowly without taking her gaze away from the petite lady who also had dark brown hair.

The woman turned to look at Liz and they stared at each other for some time. She gave Liz a small nod and began to head away from the house.

“Liz?” Max asked from behind her, wrapping his hands protectively across her protruding womb. “Are you ok?”

“What? Oh, I…it’s nothing. I’m fine.” Liz assured him.

“Has our little man been giving you backaches again?”

“Not really.”

“Why don’t we go back inside so I can give you a back rub?” offered Max.

Liz smiled, “I’d like that.”

Max smiled back and gave her a sweet peck on the lips. Pulling away, he looked over at Zan while tugging on Liz’s hand. “Come on, Zan, time to go in.”

“Ok.” Zan replied as she picked up her puppy and walked into the house.

Looking back, Liz felt the wind blow across her skin. She didn’t know if she imagined it or not but as the breeze flowed around her, she heard a faint whisper of ‘thank you’ in her ear.

With a smile on her serene face, the woman walked away and disappeared into the summer light.

The End