Waiting For I Love You - AU M/L ADULT [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Waiting For I Love You - AU M/L ADULT [COMPLETE]

Post by Emz80m »

Thanx Ann for the great banner

Title: Waiting for I love you
Author: Emz80m
Category: M/L CC AU
Rating: ADULT
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Just borrowing for a while.

Summery: Set on Antar, what happens when as well as triplets being born to the King and Queen 3 sets of twins are born to 3 other most important families on the Planet. Will start out UC but nothing unbearable.

History Lesson

Antar has been a prospering planet for many years under the leadership of King Phillip and Queen Dianne. With the help of their advisors they had come upon a golden age, with no enemies trying to unsettle the throne for the first time in 100 years.

It was at this time that it was seen safe for an heir to the throne of Antar to be finally born. The news of the upcoming birth was celebrated throughout the nation as well as by the royal family whose closest friends were also expecting.

Ed Harding had been King Phillip's second since his coronation and the news that his wife Emily Harding was also expecting was seen as great news to King Phillip who declared that Ed's son would also be the second to the heir of Antar.

The General of Antar's Army Jim Valenti's wife Amy was also expecting and King Phillip extended his hope that Jim's son would also one day rule the army for the heir of Antar.

It was not surprising that after all the turmoil that the King and Queen's most trusted advisor Jeffery Parker's wife Nancy was also expecting.

To the Royal family and their closest friends and confidantes the world seemed right.

The arrival of twins, 1 boy and 1 girl to Ed and Emily Harding, Michael and Tess Harding was followed by the arrival of another set of twins, 1 boy and 1 girl to Jim and Amy Valenti Kyle and Maria Valenti

It was with shock and happiness when Queen Dianne herself gave birth to triplets born boy, boy and girl Crowned Prince Maxwell Evans (heir), Prince Zander Evans and Princess Isabel Evans. And 1 hour later Nancy Parker also gave birth to twin’s 1 boy 1 girl Lord Alexander Parker and Lady Elizabeth Parker

The families celebrated together all agreeing that unions between their oldest children and families would be forged, and days later terms and contracts agreed upon for the betrothals. It was agreed that the betrothals would be kept quiet until their children's joint 18th celebration in hopes that the bonds would form by themselves. Destiny would not be kind to them though.

Crowned Prince Maxwell Evans to Lady Elizabeth Parker
Lord Alexander Whitman to Princess Isabel Evans
Lord Michael Harding to Maria Valenti
Kyle Valenti to Tess Harding

Leaving Prince Zander to choose his own love.
Last edited by Emz80m on Wed Sep 15, 2004 11:16 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 1

Post by Emz80m »

Part 1

Eight teens made their way into the Palace laughing, it was the night before their 18th birthday celebration in which half of Antar had been invited too. It was too be held after all their birthdays so they would be able to drink and enjoy themselves. No one noticed that one of the teens was missing; he usually was, always feeling like the odd man out.

Max stood on the stairs watching his friends, the four couples. He hadn't gone out with them tonight when they said they were going to the movies. He was sick of feeling like a ninth wheel.

Max had found that his responsibilities of being the Crowned Prince had gotten in the way of him enjoying his teen years like his brother and sister who weren't obligated to travel or learn to lead a country and Maxwell knew that he would have given it all up in a second if it meant that he would know love.

Isabel although only minutes younger was always the baby and had been humoured by everyone when she had started dating his second Michael. The two looked right together but everyone could see that neither was serious about the other and they only enjoyed how good they looked on each other's arm.

Zander was never one for responsibility and enjoyed everything about being a Prince but had no interest in matters involving Antar. He loved to have fun, which is why Max suspected he had the most beautiful girl on the whole of Antar on his arm, Liz. Max had never envied his brother more than when him and Liz had started dating. Liz was Max's best friend and secretly the only woman he knew he could ever love. But he knew it was hopeless, she only had eyes for his brother.

'Max' she smiled and called out to him when she saw him standing on the stairs.

Max made his way down the stairs sadly; the four couples were all cuddled together Zan and Liz, Michael and Izzy, Tess and Kyle and Maria and Alex.

Liz immediately hopped off her spot on Zan's lap and went to Max as he entered the room to give him a hug. 'Where have you been tonight? We missed you' she asked him.

'Yeah Maxwell we missed you' Zan said sarcastically which didn't go unnoticed to anyone except Liz. Everyone except Liz was well aware of Max's feelings for her.

Max shrugged 'I had things to do' he told her and then stepped away from her.

'How was the movie?'

'Girls picked so it was a chick flick' Michael grunted.

'Well our parents were all here earlier and they came up with colours we have to wear for the party tomorrow night' he told them.

'Colours? You mean I cant wear the dress I've had picked for months' Isabel screeched.

'No Iz it's for us guys I guess to match'

'Okay so we just find out our girls dress colour?' Kyle's asked confused.

'No I was given a list' Max replied and pulled it out. 'Michael is to wear emerald green, Kyle Blue, Alex Red, and Zan Black' he told them. The couples all looked at each other confused.

'What colour are you wearing Ria?' Alex asked the question that everyone wanted to ask.

'Um emerald green' she said looking at Michael.

'Tess?' Kyle asked then. 'Blue babe' she smiled.

'Well my dress is red' Isabel told them looking at Alex when she realised that he was wearing red too.

'So your dress must be black babe' Zan said giving Liz a kiss on the cheek.

Liz shook her head 'What colour are you to wear Max?' she asked then.

'Your dress is white' he answered Zan's question as well as Liz's.

TBC Should i continue?
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 2

Post by Emz80m »

Part 2

'So what you do think the whole colour thing means' Liz asked Zan as he walked her to her car later that night. Tomorrow was their birthday Max, Zan, Isabel, Alex and Liz were all born on the same day and couldn't remember ever celebrating their birthdays without the other.

'Not sure, probably nothing. They probably were worried Max wouldn't have a date so decided to make it look as though we were going as a group' he laughed. Zan and Max had never been close. Some put it down to sibling rivalry, some to Zan being jealous that Max was the Crowned Prince but it didn't change the fact that Zan Evans was total opposite to his brother.

Max and Isabel had always shared a close relationship, she also found little in common with Zan, it surprised the entire group and their parents when Liz and Zan had started dating just after they all turned 16.

'Yeah well I better get home it's going to be a big day tomorrow' Liz smiled as she opened the door to the car. It wasn't hers, it was one that she and Alex shared and Liz hoped that tomorrow they would finally be given their own cars before they went off to college next year.

'Do you think you'd be allowed to stay over tomorrow night?' Zan asked raising his eyebrows at her. Zan and Liz were not intimate yet and it was something that Zan was very keen to change, and tomorrow night if he could. Liz was a virgin and wanted to wait until she was married though and was constantly coming up with excuses to put him off.

Liz laughed at him 'Actually my parents told Alex and I this morning to pack some belongings because we were going to be staying at the palace for a little while from tomorrow night' she told him.

'Really I haven't heard anything about that yet?' he smiled. 'But I like that idea a lot'

'Me too' she smiled back and leaned into him to give him a kiss goodnight.

Zan immediately tried to deepen the kiss but Liz pulled back. 'Goodnight' she said and they got in the car leaving a very aroused Zander Evans.

Queen Dianne had watched the exchange from her window on the top floor of the palace 'Oh Philip do you think we are doing the right thing?'

'About what?' Phillip asked from where he was laying on their bed.

'Philip, we are about to break one of our son's heart in favour of another' she sighed. Seeing Liz and Zan grow closer has been bittersweet for Diane. As a mother she was pleased that Zan had finally picked a nice girl and had stopped hanging around the towns less respectable girls but she was concerned at the relationship. Diane and Nancy had both been sure as their children grew up that Max and Liz would find each other by themselves. The two were always inseparable until one day Liz had started seeing Zan. Diane was not blind, she saw the look in her oldest son's eyes when he looked upon Liz and she knew that the betrothal was the right decision for Max but she wasn't quite sure about Liz.

Diane was also concerned that even though she didn't believe that Zander really loved Liz the way Max did that he was hanging on to her because he knew how desperately his brother wanted her.

'Diane, I know what you're saying but Zander will get over it. Elizabeth has been raised to be a Queen and is really the only suitable choice for Maxwell' he replied.

'I know' Diane sighed 'I just hope we are making the right decision'

'Even if Jeff was agreeable to changing the betrothal agreement to Zander, which I doubt, it would mean we would have to hold off announcing it until we found another suitable candidate for Max. The Crowned Prince's betrothal must be announced first'

'I know it all needs to go ahead tomorrow. I just pray that our children will still be talking to us by the end of the night' said Dianne.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 3

Post by Emz80m »

Part 3

Max was waiting in the study that night dressed for the 18th celebration when Zan entered. 'So no date tonight?' Zan asked.

'I was going to ask Serena to accompany me but Mother insisted it wasn't necessary' he replied. Serena was Maria and Kyle's cousin and had spent a lot of time with them growing up. At one time Zan and Serena had dated but it was kept very quiet and the only people that knew about it were Max and Maria.

'So why did we have to be here so early' mumbled Michael as him and Kyle entered the study.

'Not sure, Dad said that they wanted to speak to us altogether' Max replied.

'Hey guys, the parentals are ready for us in the dining room' Alex called as he entered the room.

'Thanks Alex' they said and followed him down to the dining hall where the girls and their parents were already waiting.

The boys all gasped when they caught sight of the girls. Isabel was in a red strapless gown that fell to her feet with a small train. Maria was in an emerald green dress that matched her eyes and was help up by two spaghetti straps that tied up around her neck flowed out in a similar style to a ball gown. Tess was wearing a blue dress that also matched her eyes. Her dress was held by the straps and stoped at the top where the same colour blue tulle fell to the floor, Kyle thought she looked like a princess. Liz was wearing white, the dress was like a second skin, it tied up around her neck and was tight until her knees where it then flowed out and draped on the floor.

'Wow' Michael and Alex both simultaneously gasped.

'Boys come and sit down' Philip requested.

They all moved towards where their parents and siblings were because it was obvious that was the intention with the way the room had been set up.

'Firstly, I know I speak for all of us here tonight when I say how proud we are of all of you' he started. 'It was a very happy occasion for all of us, being good friends, that our children would also be born together and be able to grow up as friends. We have always tried to allow you a normal life, well as normal as we could for some of you' he corrected looking at Max 'which is why we decided to wait till tonight to announce something'

'Father?' Isabel questioned.

'We will be announcing your betrothals tonight which have been in place since you were all born'

'WHAT!" they all chorused with the exception of Max who remained quiet. He had always known he wouldn't be allowed to choose his mate.

'Enough' roared Ed Harding. When the group settled down, Ed gestured for Philip to continue.

'It will start with the announcement that Maxwell will wed Elizabeth by years end'

'What?' yelled Zan

'Isabel to Alex, we hope that you will agree to take on the role of advisor also Alex.' Philip continued ignoring Zan.

Jim Valenti walked forward then 'Michael to Maria and Kyle to Tess' he finished.

'What about me father?' yelled Zan again, this time he was on his feet and walking towards his father. 'You, my son, will be allowed to marry the person of your choice' he told him.

'Choose, how when you have given my choice to my brother without any concern to the way I feel' he yelled. Liz had walked towards him by this stage and placed a calming hand on his arm.

'Zander we understand that you are upset but Elizabeth has been raised to be a Queen, you should be happy that Maxwell will have such a strong person standing beside him' Philip told him.

'Happy?' spat Zander 'that you couldn't care less about anyone but your precious Maxwell, he probably put you up to this because he knew it's the only way he would ever have Liz'

Liz gasped in shock and Max was on his feet quickly moving towards his brother.

'Did you know?' Liz asked him when she saw him approach; she had tears in her eyes still from the news.

Max remained quiet but his eyes never left hers 'Did you?' she shouted this time.

'I had no idea. I knew my mate would be chosen for me but I had no idea it was you and if I had I would have begged my father to free you of the agreement' he told her honesty shining in his eyes.

Liz smiled at him slightly then and turned her attention back to Zan.

'That's enough Zander' Philip roared

'Zan this has been in place since you were all born, none of us were to know that things would turn out as they have' Diane told her son gently coming forward.

'Well it can be fixed now before the announcement cant it father?' Max finally voiced.

Philip and Diane both looked at Max in shock, 'Fixed?' Jeff Parker asked.

'Yes father. There is still time to change your mind' Liz pleaded.

'No' Nancy Parker answered 'Definitely not' Jeff Parker added.

'I'm sorry Max but it is impossible. Elizabeth will be the future Queen of Antar' Philip confirmed.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 4

Post by Emz80m »

Part 4

It was a glum group sitting around the dining room after the King's announcement, all except for Kyle and Tess who had been overjoyed at the news.

'So what, are we expected to just part ways with our boyfriends and hook up with our fiancé's now' Isabel asked sarcastically.

'Isabel, Alex will accompany you tonight and him and Liz will both be moving to the palace in preparation for Liz and Max's wedding. I think you will have sufficient time to spend with Alex before you decide on a wedding date' her mother answered her question.

'So we are at least been given some choice then' Maria asked.

'Yes sweetie' her mother answered. 'You and Michael as well as the rest of you have till you're 21 before you are required to marry because of royal position' Amy answered her daughter, she was sympathetic to her daughter being that she herself was betrothed. But Amy knew that Michael and Maria were a match and had no doubts that like herself Maria would grow to love her fiancée.

Zan and Liz sat quietly together neither talking just holding on to the other's hand, Max watched them sadly from across the room. He knew any chance that he had of Liz ever loving him of her own free will had now disappeared, it was likely that she would always resent him for keeping her away from her true love.

'Everyone but Max and Liz are excused to prepare for the celebration' Philip said then.

'And what of me now that Liz is to accompany Max?' Zan asked his mother sadly.

'Serena is waiting for you. I know that the two of you are friends and thought that you would enjoy yourself with her' his mother answered before leaning into give him a kiss on the cheek, he avoided it though and left the room quickly.

Max and Liz looked at each other hesitantly then, it was only Dianne and Nancy left with them now.

'We'd hoped that the two of you would be more happy about the news' Dianne told them.

'Oh I'm sorry but how did you expect us to react any differently then we did? I've been with Zan for 2 years and now you finally decide to tell me that I'm going to marry his brother, and become a Queen all before I get to go to college' Liz snapped.

'Elizabeth' Nancy gasped at her daughter's reaction.

'Liz I know that right now you think that nothing could be worse but your mother and I both believe that you and Max are a perfect match for each other. You have always been the best of friends, inseparable until Zan came between you. I think if you both open your hearts to each other then you'll see what we both see' she told her.

'But I love Zan' Liz cried. Max put his head down trying to hide the tears that were falling from his own eyes at her admission.

'Max how do you feel about this?' Nancy asked then ignoring her daughter's cries, she didn't believe that Liz knew what love was.

Diane was shocked when Max rose his gaze to her and Nancy to answer her question 'I just want Liz to be happy' he replied quietly.

Both Nancy and Diane offered him a small smile. 'You two just enjoy yourself tonight and have fun. Phillip will make the announcement after your birthday
toast' Diane told them.

Liz didn't wait to be excused she picked up her dress so she wouldn't trip and quickly made her way out of the dining room.

'Max sweetie' his mother called out to him as he watched Liz's retreating figure.

'Don't worry honey, she does love you she just doesn't realise it yet' Nancy told him. Max however thought that couldn't be further from the truth, he believed that even if Liz did consider him her best friend she wouldn't be for long.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 5

Post by Emz80m »

A/N Wow so there are some people out there reading this fic!! I'm glad and thanks i guess.

extingman - all will be come clearer in the next few parts about who has and hasnt dated Serena but i will say Zan wont make things easy.

Behrsgirl77 - Hey Tanya glad you stopped by. I have no intentions of breaking your dreamer heart in fact this is going to be fun fic and wont be anywhere near an angsting as TPWT.

Anyway on with the show

Part 5

'Ladies and Gentlemen may I present to you His highness King Phillip and her Majesty Queen Dianne' Ed Harding called as the King and Queen entered the birthday celebration.

'And now the guest of honours Prince Maxwell and Lady Elizabeth Parker' Max guided Liz down the stairs both planting smiles on their faces for their guests. When they reached the bottom he kept hold of her hand but moved aside so that their friends could also make their way down.

'Prince Zander and Serena Valenti. Lord Alexander Whitman and Princess Isabel. Lord Michael Harding and Maria Valenti and Kyle Valenti and Tess Harding' Ed introduced and they all entered the party.

After the introductions they all mingled with their guests, all greeting school friends or relatives that had travelled to be at the festivities for the night. Max stood to the side and watched later in the night as a slow song starts and Zan leads Liz to the dance floor and pulls her into his arms. The others were also dancing and Max watches happily as Alex and Isabel as well as Michael and Maria seemed to be adapting to the arrangement fairly quickly.

'Don't you think that you should at least dance with your fiancée before the announcement' a voice interrupts his thoughts, Jim.

Max has always considered Jim as like a second father feeling like he can go to him with things that he knows his father wont even discuss with him. Max looked back at the dancing couple sadly. 'Max it doesn't matter what you and Liz do, a decision has been made and if you let Zan walk all over you and disrespect your position in Liz's life tonight, he will do it for the rest of your marriage' he told him.

Max knew Jim was right and with a slight nod of thanks he made his way towards the couple. 'Would you mind if I cut in?' he asked politely.

Zan growled when he looked up and saw it was his brother, 'Yes, now get lost'

'Zan' Liz sighed trying to calm him down. Liz knew that Zan had always resented Max and had always competed with him whether Max was aware of it or not. To Zan this was just something else Max had won and Liz didn't want to make the situation worse. She thought that was probably why she had let her friendship with Max fall to the way side when she had started dating Zan. It was always hard choosing between them so in the end Liz had pulled away from Max and she noticed more and more everyday that he pulled away even more, seemingly aware of the inner battle that she was fighting.

Liz took a step back from Zan and put her hand for Max to take, Zan turned and briskly walked off to find Serena.

'Hi' Max smiled shyly and pulled her into his arms for the dance.

'Hi' she smiled back.

A new song started then and they both smiled when they realised what the song was.

It's been a long and winding journey
But I'm finally here tonight
Picking up the pieces walking back into the light
Into the sunset of your glory
Where my heart and future lie
There's nothing that feeling when I look into your eyes

My dreams came true when I found you
I found you, my miracle

If you could see what I see
You're the answer to my prayers
If you could feel the tenderness I feel
You would know it would be clear
That angels brought me here

Max and Liz both loved this song when it had been released and Max couldn't help but think it appropriate that it would be the first song they danced to as a couple. It held a lot of memories for them and it was like their song, no one else could touch them while they listened to it.

'I don't think I've told you yet how beautiful you look tonight' he whispered against her head.

Standing here before you feels like I've been born again
Every breath is your love
Every heartbeat speaks your name
My dreams came true right here in front you of you
My miracle

If you could see what I see
You're the answer to my prayers
If you could feel the tenderness I feel
You would know it would be clear
That angels brought me here

What is feels to be with you I'll be forever thankful
Forever thankful

My dreams came true when I found you
My miracle

Zan watched in anger throughout the song as Max pulled Liz closer and she rested her head against his chest her eyes now closed.

TBC

I know it's short and the next part will be longer i promise. Also if you want to check out some of my other fics check out my link through work by author. Cheers
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 6

Post by Emz80m »

Part 6

When the song ended the music stopped and Liz and Max pulled apart and looked at each other nervously. They both knew what time of night it was which meant that soon the whole of Antar would know of their betrothal.

Zan came up beside Liz then. ‘We still have time to run’ he whispered but loud enough for Max to be able to hear. Liz shook her head that it was not going to happen and Max inwardly sighed. He reached down and took her hand then and she looked up at him surprised.

Ding Ding Ding

‘Ladies and Gentlemen I thank you all for attending tonight. It’s a special occasion for 9 young men and women in this room, and I know I speak for all their parents when I say how proud we are of them. So could you all raise your glasses and propose a toast with me. Happy 18th Birthday Michael, Tess, Kyle, Maria, Max, Zan, Isabel, Alex and to the baby of the group by 10 minutes Liz’

‘Cheers’ was chorused from the partygoers and the group all made their way to the front of the room.

‘Um, well, as the oldest’ Michael laughed. ‘By 5 minutes, Michael.’ Tess added. ‘I would like to thank you all from all of us so very much for this fabulous party’ he continued after the laughter at Tess’ remark died down ‘Celebrating together is what makes this special for all of us and we thank you for coming to help make the night as fabulous as it has been’

A cake came out then, it was huge and the teens all gathered around it with the 5 whose birthday was that day in the middle. After a thousand photos and a raucous round of Happy Birthday the cake was cut.

Ding Ding Ding

The teens all took in a breath at the second ding, they knew what was coming and all eyes turned towards Philip.

‘If I could just have your attention again for one moment. I and my closest friends have a few other announcements we would like to make’ all the parents made their way up on stage then and gestured to their children that they should prepare themselves.

‘It is with great pleasure tonight that I am to announce the betrothal of Prince Maxwell to Lazy Elizabeth Parker’ a chorus of gasps were heard throughout the room. Everyone was more than aware that Prince Zan and Elizabeth had been courting for some time and the announcement came as a shock.

Liz looked at Max and he grabbed her hand once again and walked them both to the front to stand with their parents. Max knew what was expected of him then and found that he had to take a few quick breaths to work up the nerve.

His father handed him the box when he looked up at him and then slowly Max turned to Liz and lowered himself on one knee in front of her, he took her hand and smiled up at her. This was something that Max had dreamed about doing his entire life but the thought that Liz was looking at him right now wishing he were Zan was causing his stomach to churn.

‘Elizabeth’ he started and then stopped, Liz offered him a small smile. ‘Liz today we share our 18th birthday together and now it’s our destiny to share our lives, I love you and you’re my best friend in the world. Will you Elizabeth Claudia Parker please do me the honour of becoming my wife?’ he opened the box revealing a beautiful diamond ring, a ring that belonged to a queen, she thought.

‘Yes’ she smiled and watched as Max slid the ring on her finger. He then stood up and pulled her to him giving her a loving kiss on the lips. It was not how he imagined or wanted their first kiss to be like but it was everything he imagined it would be regardless. ‘I’m sorry’ he whispered in her ear as he pulled away, he did not let go of her altogether though.

Liz avoided Zan’s eyes as he stared at her from in front.

‘It is also with great pleasure that we announce the betrothals of Princess Isabel to Lord Whitman, Lord Harding to Ms Valenti and Mr Valenti to Ms Harding’

There was round of applause and champagne distributed then and a toast was made to the happy couple. They put on a great performance on the outside but on the inside they were all shaking.

When everything finally dies down Isabel, Tess and Maria were quickly at Liz’s side ‘You ok’ Maria asked. ‘No’ Liz answered trying very hard to stop the tears, the distraught look on Zan’s face that she had caught had killed anything nice about the moment.

‘The ring is beautiful’ Tess commented hesitantly.

‘Max is a wonderful man, at least you get to marry your best friend’ Maria added trying to find something for Liz to hold onto. ‘I might not have loved Alex like you love Zan, Liz but he was my best friend and that made everything good’ she told her, and Liz smiled in response, she knew Maria was right she was lucky it was Max and not someone else.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Parrt 7

Post by Emz80m »

Part 7

When all the guests had left that night Max found Liz sitting by herself in one of the loveseats in the sitting room.

‘Where’s Zan?’ he asked her.

‘Not sure, last time I saw him he was walking Serena out’ she replied with a small smile.

‘Have you seen your room yet?’ he asked then a small grin gracing his features.

‘Actually no’

‘I can show you if you like?’ he asked and he put his hand out for her to take. Liz only hesitated a moment before she took hold of it and let Max lead her up the stairs and down a few hallways she had never been down before.

‘I’ve never been in this part of the palace before’ she told him.

‘Well this is my wing, I only moved in after we turned 16. It’s only a little different to Zan’s and Isabel’s’ he told her.

‘Oh I’ve only seen Isabel’s wing so…’ she told him leaving the sentence hanging.

‘Oh okay’ Max replied shocked, it showed on his face as well ‘What?’ she asked when she saw the look.

‘I’m just shocked is all, I know my brother after all’

‘Maxwell Evans’ she yelled coming to a halt and ripping her hand away from his ‘what exactly are you trying to say’ she continued angrily.

Max realised that by implying that he assumed she had seen Zan’s room he had insulted her ‘Oh Liz I’m sorry that’s not what I meant. Please forgive me I opened my mouth and my foot just jumped in’

Liz smiled at the words ‘I’ll forgive you this time’ by this stage they had come to a stop outside a door ‘Well this is it’ he told her. ‘Do you want me to show you around?’

‘Um yeah that would be great’ Max opened the door then and waited for her to enter the room before he followed. He almost ran into the back of her after she stopped so abruptly.

‘Wow’ she gasped as she took in the room. It was decorated in red with satin everywhere as well a beautiful bin canopy bed in the middle and matching draws.

‘So you like it?’ he asked hopeful.

‘It’s beautiful, did you do this?’ she asked then

‘Not exactly. Mother asked your favourite colour the other morning over breakfast. Zan was unsure so I told her red would be perfect’ he told her smiling proudly.

She looked over then and noticed a huge bouquet of white roses, her favourite on a table near the window and walked towards them to take a look at the card. Only her father had ever bought her flowers before and she was surprised when she found they were from Max.

Dear Liz,
I hope you enjoy your room

Max

Liz looked up at him then and noticed he was blushing ‘I ordered them before, sorry’ he mumbled.

‘You know everything about me don’t you?’ she asked surprising both of them with the question. ‘I mean you know all my favourite things I don’t think anyone other than my Dad knows how much I love white roses’ she smiled.

‘Well yeah I guess we’ve been friends a long time’ he added quietly.

‘So this is the bathroom’ he said and led her into it. It wasn’t big but there was a large corner bath and a shower above, a vanity and a toilet. ‘What’s behind here?’ she asked indicating to the make shift wall.

‘Oh the other half of the bathroom?’ he answered.

‘So I only get half a bathroom’ she laughed.

‘No well the rooms connect and they share the bathroom, it’s been separated to give you privacy’ he answered gesturing to the doors.

‘Really’ she asked ‘can I see?’

‘Um sure’ he replied but she was already on her way over to the door and opening it up. The other side revealed a bedroom three times the size of hers. ‘Wow’ she said and immediately started walking around the room.

‘Whose room is this?’

‘Um mine’ he told her hesitantly.

‘It’s fabulous, it’s decorated almost the same as mine’ she commented.

‘Um but I don’t see why the bathroom needs to be split, we can just share if it’s all right with you. I mean this was your room first’ she told him looking at him for the fist time since she entered his room.

‘Are you sure?’ he asked, not sure if that was a good idea. What would happen if he walked in on her?

‘We’ll just keep the doors open and when you use the bathroom you just close both of them, that way we’ll know if it’s occupied’

‘Well if you’re sure?’ he asked again.

‘Yep’ she said and made her way over to the huge window, which opened out onto a balcony. She noticed that it spread along past her room also.

‘You know if you like this room more I would be happy to swap’ he blurted out before he knew what he was saying.

‘Really?’ her eyes lit up then and he couldn’t help but smile glad that finally he had done something to make her look happy.

‘I think it’s a great idea. I’ll have our stuff swapped over tomorrow’ he told her, decision made.

‘Thank you Max’

‘You’re welcome Liz’
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 8

Post by Emz80m »

A/N i missed a day.. havent done that in a while *S*

Part 8

Max made his way back through the bathroom to Liz’s room and began to remove his suit to get ready for bed. He was just about to call it a night when he heard a soft knocking on the door and opened it.

‘What the fuck are you doing in Liz’s room dressed liked that’ seethed Zan, he didn’t wait for Max’s response however and his fist was swiftly raised and sent Max flying to the hall.

‘Liz is mine and you better keep your hands off her’ Zan continued getting ready to hit him again.

Next-door Liz had heard the loud thud, she had just put on her small nightgown and was reluctant to investigate but when she heard shouting she swiftly made her way through the bathroom and into Max’s without knocking.

‘Max is everything okay’ she called as she entered his room. She was shocked at what she saw before her. Max was getting up from the ground holding his nose, which was bleeding, and Zan was standing above him with a look that Liz had never seen before.

‘God Max are you okay?’ she asked rushing towards him.

‘Yeah I’m fine Liz’ he tried to smile to assure her.

‘What do you think you’re doing’ she turned on Zan then.

‘What am I doing? What the hell is he doing in your room dressed like that?’ Zan snapped back.

‘For your information Zan this is his room. He gave me the larger one and even if it weren’t that would be none of your business’ she snapped back.

‘Oh’ Zan said ‘Max I’m sorry’

‘Get out’ Max snapped ‘I don’t want to see you in my wing again or I will inform father of what happened tonight’ he was beyond furious now. Jim had been right if he continued to let Zan believe that Liz was his then he would constantly interfere in their relationship. Things were different now, him and Liz were to be married and if Max wanted that to work he would need to remove Zan from their lives.

‘Liz’ Zan pleaded before taking his leave.

‘Goodnight Zan’ she told him holding firm her anger towards his actions. She understood how it must have looked but obviously he did not trust her or had no respect for her if he thought she would let Max in her bed.

Max sat down on the bed after Zan left and Liz rushed to his side quickly and removed his hand from his nose so that she could take a better look. ‘I’ll get some ice’ she said and went to get up off the bed. Max grabbed hold of her arm and pulled her back to her spot on the bed thought. ‘I don’t need ice Liz. I’ll just fix it’ he smiled at her and then got up and went into the bathroom so that he could take a look in the mirror. Liz followed him and it was then she noticed that Max was only wearing a pair of black silk boxes. She had never seen Max without a shirt and was surprised at how fabulous he looked.

Max caught site of her staring at him in the mirror and had to clamp down on the grin that was threatening to form on his lips. Maybe Liz did see him after all he thought to himself a plan forming in his head. He would make Liz fall to her knees for him he thought, he wanted her to love him as passionately as he loved her.

It was then he noticed the small piece of satin that was barely covering her beautiful body. Her nipples stood erect and he could see their outline clearly and the satin only came to just below her bottom showing off a good sample of beautiful leg.

Liz watched in fascination as she always did as Max raised his hand to his nose and healed it, she remembered when he had healed her broken arm for her when she fell off her horse when they were 10.

‘All better’ he smiled at her.

‘Good’ she signed happy that Zan hadn’t gotten the chance to do any further damage.

‘So will I see you for breakfast?’ he asked her then, she was leaning against the doorframe to his room.

‘Only if it’s a brunch’ she smiled back. Liz had never been a morning person and loved to sleep in whenever possible.

Max laughed ‘does 10 sound all right. I’ll come and get you’

‘Yes’ she replied without hesitation not sure what it was that she was feeling towards her best friend right now.

‘Oh I almost forgot’ he said and looked at the clock. It was 5 minutes to midnight and he wanted to giver her the birthday present he bought her. He walked in to his old room and went to the bedside drawer where he removed a beautifully wrapped box and walked back into the bathroom when she was still standing.

‘Happy birthday Lizzie’ he said and have her the present. He was the only one other than her brother Alex that was allowed to call her Lizzie.

‘Oh I have one for you too’ she smiled and he followed her into the room where she removed a package for him.

They both then moved to sit down on the bed to open there presents. As long as Liz could remember her and Max had been the only two of the friends that shared gifts in private. The others all gave their gifts at the celebrations. Liz would give Zan, Isabel and Alex their presents tomorrow night when they had a quiet family dinner.

Max gasped when he opened the package and found beautiful leather bound journal with his initials on the front. Liz smiled at his reaction she knew he wouldn’t read the card until he had some time to himself; she herself always did the same so she went and opened her own present.

When she opened the box her mouth fell open, inside was the most beautiful gold locket Liz had ever seen. It did not have her initials however the back had an engraving on the date and to x’s for kisses and an M for Max. Liz was speechless and tears formed in her eyes quickly.

‘If you don’t like it I can get you something else’ Max asked concerned.

‘NO! No I love it it’s the best gift I have ever been given’ she told him finally raising her eyes to him ‘Thank you’

‘Your welcome and thank you, I love the journal it’s perfect’
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Part 9

Post by Emz80m »

Part 9

The next morning Max knocked hesitantly on the bathroom door leading to Liz’s room.

‘You can come in’ she mumbled. Max walked in and found her still cuddled up in bed.

‘Morning sleepy head’ he smiled. He was still dressed in only his black boxers and once again Liz noticed how great he looked.

‘It is 10 already’ she groaned trying to hide her flushed cheeks.

‘No it’s only 9. I’m sorry but I needed some clothes’

‘Right, why?’ she asked and then blushed when she realised what she said.

Max laughed at her embarrassment and then walked forward and plonked himself on the bed. He was enjoying this new freedom he had with Liz. ‘Well because I have a breakfast date at 10 and even though she might enjoy the view I doubt my mother will’ he replied with a grin. Liz rolled over in humiliation ‘God who told you, you could come in again’ she groaned.

‘Well it is still technically my room’ he teased.

‘What’ she sat up ‘You told me I could have it’ Max laughed where he saw the look on her face.

‘I did but my things are still here, I didn’t think you would have anything appropriate for me to wear, although I did notice some nice lacy things that I didn’t mind’

‘What!’ she cried out thinking he had been going through her underwear.

Max burst into laughter ‘Oh Lizzie I was just joking. I’ll grab some clothes and then hit the shower then it’s all yours. I removed the wall too so I think you’ll enjoy the other half of the bathroom too’ he hopped of the bed quickly then and made his way towards the cupboard where he pulled out a pair of jeans and a black button down shirt.

Liz watched him carefully ‘I might as well get up now that you’ve woken me’ she grumbled and hopped out of bed and walked towards him. Max couldn’t take his eyes off her, her hair was still messy from sleep and one of the straps on the tiny nightie had fallen down so the nightie was slipping down dangerously low over her breasts.

‘You know’ he said huskily but stopped when she reached him, oblivious to the reaction she was causing. ‘I like this one better’ she told him taking the black shirt and replacing it with a dark grey one. ‘It’s too hot for black’ she looked up at him then and noticed that his eyes were a different colour than their usual amber.

‘What were you saying’ she said. ‘Um’ he pulled her to him in then and crashed his lips against hers in a heated kiss. ‘Good morning’ he smiled when he broke away.

‘What was that for’ she stuttered.

‘Hmm if you don’t know then I guess I didn’t do it right’ he told her with a small grin.

‘No you did it fine’ she said before she could stop herself.

‘Good I haven’t had a lot of practise’

Liz laughed at that ‘Max you’ve played plenty of games of spin the bottle and I know you think you were sly but I saw you and Serena in plenty of lip locks’ she laughed.
Max stopped smiling at her words. God she thought it was him ‘Liz I can say with all honesty that I have never kissed Serena Valenti’ he told her seriously.

‘Oh sure Max’ she laughed ‘It must have been your evil twin’ she laughed but then stopped abruptly when she realised what she said.

It was usually quite easy to tell the difference between Zan and Max, if you knew them you could tell simply by facial expressions and the way they dressed but sometimes the two did look almost identical.

‘Oh’ she finished and then swallowed. ‘Sorry I just assumed’

‘It’s okay I thought you knew’ he told her. ‘Are you okay’ he asked pain reflecting in his eyes, he thought they were making progress but as simply as that the walls had come back up and she was once again thinking about Zan.

‘Why wouldn’t I be? I mean that was before we were together’ she said ‘Right?’ she then asked unsure herself now if she even wanted the answer.

‘As far as I know’ he answered quietly. ‘I’m just gonna’ he said and pointed to the bathroom