Finding a King (AU,CC/UC,ADULT) [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Okay I'm back. Thank you for your feedback! :D

con angel
Jason's Lover
VeronicB
RASaero611
Behrsgirl77
Smac
roswellian504
hazz
BehrObsession
CherryFlavouredChica
linliz68
g7silvers
Natz
SmilleUk
Believer
OmegaRam1
roswellluver

Part 21

12 Months Later

Max fidgeted nervously as him and Liz made their way into the restaurant where they were meeting the gang. Something felt wrong but he just couldn’t put his finger on it.

After dealing with the aftermath of Rath’s betrayal and attempt on Max’s life the gang had to regroup in order to pull their lives back together. Zan was welcomed with open arms into the group now and was even trusted and close to Michael. He had found it hard at first to hang out with them whilst they were all coupled up but Isabel and Maria made it their first task to find suitable ‘chicks’ to set Zan up with. He was now seeing a girl named Serena that Max went to school with. She had initially been interested in Max so he had informed her that he had a twin brother and introduced her to Zan. It had worked out perfectly and even Serena now laughed when someone reminded her that it had been Max she had immediately had the hots for.

‘Now that I know Max it would have been like dating myself to a degree. All we ever would have talked about was school’ she had laughed. Serena was exciting and fun and basically everything that Zan had been looking for in a girl. Sure he still had a soft spot for Liz but the more time that went on the more he was able to see her and love her in more of a sister type of way.

Michael and Maria had also settled into the city life. They had stayed with Max and Liz for the first three months until they both found jobs that paid enough for them to be able to secure there own apartment. In the end they had found a smaller one-bedroom apartment around the corner from Max and Liz, which worked out perfectly. It wasn’t far from the subway and a small commute to where they both worked and when Maria sang at a club during the night’s Michael was able to borrow Max’s car to pick her up.

Max and Liz finally decided on an SUV after a lot of car shopping. In the end they had both agreed that practical was the way to go. An SUV would fit eight of them when required, wouldn’t kill them on gas since they drove it minimally and would be safe in the situation that they would need to run. Unfortunately they always had to be prepared for any situation.

Michael was doing extremely well in art school as well. He had a small gallery offer to show his work and so far a few of his pieces that were inspired by Roswell had sold and for a nice profit as well.

Maria was juggling school, work and her singing and it appeared it might have been just about to pay off for her as well. A small independent label was very interested in her work and Maria was excited because they liked her and her music and weren’t looking to turn her into a Brittany want to be.

Isabel was also enjoying New York life. She loved the shopping and the university life. There was plenty of activity to keep her busy whilst living on campus and the extra activities helped to entertain her and stop her from missing Alex so much who was in Boston. Luckily they were able to visit often though because Alex’s schedule allowed for him to spend long weekends in New York because his classes ran from Tuesday through to Friday.

Lonnie though had not become an active member of they’re group. She had been understandably devastated when Zan had informed her of Rath’s death and for a while even angry, refusing to speak to Zan or Liz when she found out that he had died by their hands. With time she had come around, it had helped that Max had had a chat with her in hopes of helping her understand their reasoning.

But even with the skins out of the way the threat was not considered finished until Khivar was found. It had taken almost three months for Nascedo to pin down a location that Khivar and his men were working from and when they had stormed it they had found only skins. Khivar had died days earlier his body proof of his demise. His men had been rounded up and questioned by Michael and Zan. They found out that most of them had been on earth since the crash, searching for them and most of them wished to return to their planet even though it was dying.

With great difficulty it was arranged and they were sent home with a message that anyone wishing to come to earth to start a life was welcome and that the King and Queen would do everything they could to help them.

So far there had been no response.

‘Hey’ Liz greeted the gang as they joined them at their usual table for their usual weekly dinner. They all liked to get together every Sunday night when work and school allowed, which for most them was every week. So that they could keep up with each other life’s and talk about anything important.

‘Hi’ everyone else greeted.

‘Any word from Nascedo?’ Michael asked immediately. It concerned Michael the most that no one from their planet had replied to their message and he was beginning to wonder if the skins had delivered it at all.

‘Not on the message, no’ Max replied.

‘Sorry I’m late’ Zan apologised as he came in late sliding in next to Isabel.

‘We just got here too’ Liz assured him.

After ordering they all busied themselves with catching up on each other’s lives.

‘Um well I guess it’s getting late so before we go does anyone have anything they want to talk about?’ Max asked the group.

There was silence for a while and Max was about to stand up to leave when Zan spoke up. ‘Um actually yeah I have something I wanted to ask you all’ he replied.

‘Ok’ Max smiled suspecting what it was he might have wanted to ask.

‘Well you guys all know Serena and well you know that we’ve been kind of seeing each other for a while’ he started. All the girls were smiling loving the way Zan was getting embarrassed talking about his relationship.

‘Yeah’ Liz said.

‘Well I guess it’s got a little more serious lately and I, well I guess what I’m asking is what you guys think about me maybe telling her’ he mumbled.

‘What do you mean by serious?’ Michael asked concerned. He personally didn’t like the idea of letting anyone else in on his secret but he also recognised that that was hardly fair for Zan or even Lonnie.

‘Well we’re talking about moving in together. Right now she’s living on campus but she finding the situation difficult and well it’s getting harder to lie to her’ he explained.

‘Zan it’s okay we understand’ Isabel assured him. They knew better than anyone how hard it was to keep secrets from the people you love.

‘It’s just that I never had a problem sleeping with girls before without them knowing but it’s different with Serena’ he said.

‘Well how do you think she would take the news?’ Max asked him.

‘I’m not sure. I mean she’s a doctor so I guess the scientist in her would be curious but I think she would be okay’ he assured them.

‘Well I think we can trust her so I have no problem with it’ Liz told him.

‘Me either’ Maria told him.

‘Go for it’ Alex gave him the thumbs up.

‘Yep, but as long as she understand that being part of the ‘I know an alien club’ means mandatory dinners on Sunday nights’ Isabel joked.

Max and Michael shared a meaningful look. On one had Max was worried. Serena was a practical person, being a Doctor was a way for her to control the things around her, she was a lot like Max in that sense. But he didn’t know how she would handle being put in a situation she couldn’t control. On the other hand he understood Zan's need to share this with her. It had in fact been the way he felt about Tess at one time.

‘If she freaks Liz can take care of the situation right?’ Michael asked, reminding them all of how Liz took care of the Tess situation.

Max sighed in relief he hadn’t even thought about that and it had made his decision so much easier.

‘Um yeah but I don’t think it will come to that’ Liz frowned.

‘I think you should go ahead’ Max said then with a small smile ‘Just let us know how it goes and maybe it would help her to talk to either Maria or Alex. I mean Maria totally freaked so talking it over with her might help her put it all into perspective’ Max suggested.

Zan smiled in thanks ‘Michael?’ the decision had already been made regardless of what Michael said but Zan wanted everyone to agree.

‘Go for it, but make sure Liz is close by just in case’ he replied.

‘Thanks’ he grinned.

‘Okay that’s it see you guys later’ Max said standing up.

After their good byes were exchanged the group parted ways. Alex and Isabel headed for the subway, Zan for his bike and Max, Liz, Michael and Maria headed for Max’s SUV.

Max’s apprehension only grew during dinner and on the way home reached it’s peak ‘Max, what’s wrong?’ Liz finally asked him as they pulled into the garage of their apartment complex.

‘I don’t know, I just have this feeling that something is wrong’ he told her.

Max let them into the apartment and immediately went on alert when he felt someone’s presence there. He pushed Liz behind him before bringing up his shield.

‘I’m sorry to startle you Your Highness’ the voice spoke. Max dropped his shield and reached for the light.

‘Cal?’ he questioned.

‘Sorry, I shouldn’t have let myself in but I must speak to you’ he told him. Max nodded but before anything could be said there was an urgent knock on the door. Liz stood up and opened the door surprised to see Nascedo on the other side.

‘Liz’ he greeted.

‘Come in’ she smiled.

‘I come with news’ he advised.

‘Okay come in and sit down Nascedo’ Max spoke up.

Nascedo didn’t seem surprised to see the other protector there too.

‘Max I believe we come with the same news’ Cal sighed.

‘What is it?’ he asked.

‘Antar is gone’ Cal advised.

‘What do you mean gone?’ Liz asked.

‘My sources from Kathana advise it exploded in the early house of this morning’ he explained.

Nascedo nodded in agreement ‘Larek has advised the same information’ he told him.

Max and Liz both closed there eyes and sunk back on the couch wrapped in each other’s arms.

‘Were there any survivors?’ Liz asked.

‘Larek advised that they have had a steady stream of ships with refugees flowing in for the past 12 months so yes’ Nascedo advised.

‘Kathana have also received quite a lot of ships’ Cal added.

Max sighed in relief ‘Did any ships come to Earth?’ he asked.

‘Um not that we know of’ they answered.

‘I guess that’s it then’ Liz sighed

‘Essentially so’ Cal agreed.

‘No yet’ Nascedo interrupted ‘Larek wishes to speak to you, I believe he wants to have a summit to discuss things’

‘I don’t see what there is to discuss’ Max replied ‘Antar is gone and those that got off have moved to either Kathana or Teo unfortunately I don’t have any resources to offer financial or otherwise’

‘Well there is the matter of the granolith’ Nascedo explained ‘ and I believe your position as head of the council of the five planets as well’

‘Well obviously the council will need to be restructured now that there is no longer five planets, and any position I have will be null now’ Max said.

‘I don’t think it’s that easy, Max’ Cal explained.

‘Why?’ Liz asked.

‘Your people will still need to be represented’ he answered.

‘No’ Max objected ‘When our people went to Kathana and Teo they essentially went as refugees, they will now need to live under their laws. I offered them Earth and if they had come here I would have continued to be their King and rule for them as best I could. But since they did not accept that offer there is nothing I can do in my position for them any longer’ Max argued.

Nascedo and Cal nodded in understanding.

‘I agree there are matters the Council and I need to discuss, and I will step down from any position I have if that’s required so please set it up Nascedo’ Max advised then.

‘There is still the matter of the granolith’ Cal said then.

‘What about it?’ Liz asked instantly on guard.

‘Well Queen Irralia is requesting that it be returned’ he answered.

‘The granolith belongs to Antar and will only respond to the seal. It is of no use to Kathana or Teo and I don’t see the relevance of their request’ Liz answered.

‘With all due respect, Liz’ Cal argued ‘the granolith is a religious icon and means a great deal to the people of Antar and the five planets. It is also of no use to you and the rest of the royals either’

‘That maybe so, but that granolith is very powerful and much more than a religious icon. The people of Antar have been without if for 50 years and I have no intention of allowing it to be returned now and into the hands of someone who stood by and allowed Khivar to rule in tyranny without so much as batting an eyelash’ Liz fired back angrily.

‘Okay I think this is a matter that should be discussed with the Council but I agree with Liz. The granolith is useless without the seal and I have no intention of handing it over. I also don’t want to place anyone in a position where they would be in danger because they carried that seal and that would obviously be the case if it was returned’ he advised.

Cal and Nascedo nodded.

‘I will speak to Larek and set it up and will let you know as soon as possible’ Nascedo advised standing up.

‘Thank you’ Max told him ‘But I would like to make it clear that nothing we have talked about other than the Council meeting is to leave this room’ he told them both ‘Consider that an order’ he finished.

With a curt nod they both departed quickly leaving Max and Liz to share the sadness over a planet they never new in each other’s arms.

TBC... Two parts in a month that's pretty impressive if you ask me :D especially with my history with this fic.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi I'm back :D now that i have finished up a couple of my other fics i'm getting back to finishing this one, I promise.

Thank you for your great feedback.

cwm_
VeronicB
Liz86000
BehrObsession
Jason's Lover
RASaero611
CherryFlabouredChica
Behrsgirl77
Natz
Dreamersworld
roswellian504
roswellluver
SmileeUk
OmegaRam1
Believer
lizard_queen

Part 22

Max sunk down into the lounge with Liz with a sigh. It had been two weeks since the night Nascedo and Cal had come to tell them the news of Antar and things hadn’t improved since then. It was confirmed that there had been pretty much no survivors of Antar making there way to Earth but thankfully it would seem hundreds of thousands of Antarians had made there way to the neighbouring planets.

So far none of the neighbouring planets were complaining but Max wondered how long that would last.

“Do you think we did the right thing?” Max asked Liz.

They had just come back from a meeting with the leaders of the five planets and it had not gone as well as they hoped.

“Of course we did” Liz assured him. They had made the only decision that they could.

Queen Irralia of Kathana wanted the granolith but so far she had not come up with a justifiable excuse as to why she would need the religious icon of the Antarian people.

“King Zan I think that under the circumstances returning the granolith over to the leaders would be for the best?” she had explained.

“Why?” Max had asked simply “I am the only one who can activate it and other than it’s power for space travel it serves no purpose other than a religious icon to the people of Antar” he explained.

“I understand that but don’t you believe it should be returned to the people?” Larek asked.

“The granolith has not been on Antar for 50 years and so far the people have not been aware, I don’t think it’s disappearance will have any effect on them now” Liz replied.

“True” Larek replied. Personally he had no interest in the Granolith for himself or Teo or the five planets but he did recognise why Irralia was trying to get her hands on it. For centuries and centuries the leader with the Granolith in their possession remained in power of the five planets, Irralia was just looking to gain that power for herself and Kathana.

“What use does it serve you, Zan?” Sero spoke up.

“Sero although Antar is no more I am still the King, whilst I have the seal that activates the granolith I believe that handing it over to anyone else would put me and my family in jeopardy and I am not willing to do that” he told him.

“We wish you no harm, Zan” King Oralis of Cranum assured Max.

Max looked at every member of the five planets through the video hook up but didn’t feel reassured by Oralis’s words. He believed that if he turned over the granolith that one day someone would come looking for a way to gain control of it, either through him or one day one of his children and he would not allow that to happen.

“I hope that is true Oralis but I am still unwilling to risk my family” he told him.

“If you aren’t willing to return the granolith then why are we even having this meeting?” Irralia asked irritated.

“It is imperative that we discuss the issues of the Antar refugee’s and Zan’s place as leader of the five planets” Larek reminded the Queen.

“Thankyou for the timely reminder, Larek” Max smiled.

“I would like to take this opportunity to stand down as the leader of the five planets. I believe that it is imperative to restructure the Council now for the best interest of the four planets. I would also like to thank you as leaders and the people of Teo, Kathana, Leo and Cranum for all their help towards the Antarian people. I hope that my people can live in peace among you”

“Thank you, Zan” Sero nodded.

“At this time I don’t believe there is anything further that me or my family can do to assist you. It saddens me that it has come to this but I pray that your own planets will prosper”

“How will we contact you?” Oralis asked.

“Larek and Irralis are in direct contact with our protectors should you require anything, and with that I would like to request one last thing from your all before I bid the Council good bye”

“Of course, Zan” Larek said.

“I wish for my family and Earth to be left in peace” he said sternly.

“if for any reason any of you need to make contact with earth I request you do so through me, I believe after a century of strong leadership from the house of Zan that the least I am owed is the right to live my life here on earth in peace, and that earth should be left in peace”

“Of course Zan, you have be a fine King it was sad that you were lost to Antar before you really had the chance to lead” Sero told the young King.

“Lilly?” Oralis spoke up then and waited for the young Queen to step into the picture next to Zan.

“It is good to see you again my young Queen” he smiled. Oralis had always had a soft spot for Lily.

“Do you all agree?” Max asked then.

“Yes” Sero voiced.

“Of course” Larek agreed.

“I am unhappy about the situation with the granolith, Zan” Irralis frowned “I believe with you standing down it should be returned, it saddens me that you cant fulfil this one last request of the Council” she told him.

“No, it is not a request of the Council, Irralis it is the request of a women who seeks more power within the Council” Liz spoke up.

“the granolith has and always will belong to the royal family of Antar, until the day you can prove your heritage it will stay in the control of the Royal Family” she added.

Max, Larek and Oralis held back a smirk at the serving Liz gave to the older Queen.

“Now will you grant my one request, Irralis?” Max asked again.

Queen Irralis reluctantly nodded it was obvious that she would not gain control of the granolith anytime soon and other that the icon she had no interest in the royals of Antar and was eager to have them out of her life for good.

“Long live King Zan and Queen Lilliya” Oralis voiced then and as the computer link out began to fade the other members of the Council followed suit.

“Goodbye and thank you” Max smiled and then they were gone.

Max looked over at the clock on the wall “Michael and Isabel will be here soon” he told her.

They had decided to get together to discuss what happened at the Council meeting since only Liz and Max had been permitted to attend and talk about whether or not they needed to move the granolith. Liz felt that it should stay where is was and that moving it would cause unwanted attention but Michael was fixated on the idea of moving it to New York.

That was never going to happen as far as Liz was concerned. Having it New York was a liability. Liz believed that the best location for it was in the dessert when now one would be able to come across it accidentally.

“I’m glad it’s over” Liz told him then before sinking further into his arms.

“Me too now I can just concentrate on loving you” he smiled.

“ I like the sound of that” Liz grinned back before pulling him towards her for a passionate kiss.

It was hard to believe that after a life time of hiding and training that the alien part of there like was potentially over. Sure they would always need to hide who they were from the rest of the world but now with the threat of aliens chasing after them potentially gone, Khivar dead and no Antarians to lead Liz and Max could finally start planning for the future, a future they knew would be together.

TBC.... Only a couple of more parts to go :D
BehrObsession
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by BehrObsession »

Wonderful part. I'm glad Liz put Irralia in her place and let her know her play for power wasn't going to work. Can't wait to find out what's in store for the gang now that the alien problems are no longer paramount. Hopefully, Max & Liz can devote themselves to their love and relationship for awhile. Post more soon.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Wow it's taken me a year but i've finally done it. I've finished this fic. I want to thank all of you for sticking with me and reading this fic when i've been completely unreliable in updating it. I lost my way on a number of occasions with this fic but i'm stoked it's done.

So thank you all so much :D

BerhObsession
Liz8600
Natz
RASaero611
CherryFlavoredChica
roswellian504
Jason's Lover
roswellluver
g7silvers
Believer
Asabetha - Hey thanks for reading i hope you enjoyed it
janesdilemma
SmileeUk
su-lyn
ayznshorti
mrsjbehr

Part 23

“Are you sure you shouldn’t have asked your sister to come instead?” Zan asks Max for the fifth time as they enter the fifth jewellery store of the day.

Max sighs maybe I should have he thinks.

“No, Isabel is terrible when it comes to shopping and I already told you that I know what I want I just have to find it” Max says.

It has been seven months since he moved to New York and he couldn’t remember ever being happier in his life. He decided that for his and Liz’s one-year anniversary that he wanted to make what they already knew in their hearts legal. He was planning on asking her to marry him as soon as could find the perfect setting for the ring.

Cal had given him the royal jewels when he reached the appropriate age and he was going to use one of the beautiful diamonds and two smaller rubies to make Liz’s engagement ring. He wanted it to have significance to her and him and he decided that the earth and Antarian mix would be perfect. But so far none of the jewellers had a setting he was happy with.

Then something caught his eye. “That’s it,” he tells Zan.

Zan looks at the beautiful platinum setting he is pointing to “Nice” he comments.

“You think she’ll like that with the stones?” he asks.

“Yeah but like I said earlier man she’d like anything you give her” he shrugs. Most people probably would have assumed that Zan would feel uncomfortable shopping with Max for Liz’s engagement ring but these days it was completely the opposite. Him and Max were like brothers and now even Zan could admit he would never have been happy with Liz and that she would never have been happy with him.

Her and Max were like two perfect halves of a whole, they could finish each others sentences and moved in perfect sync in everything they did. The two of them just completed each other in a way that no one else would have been able to.

Max speaks to the jeweller and purchases the setting; he doesn’t trust anyone with the stones and plans on using his powers to set them. He isn’t completely sure because he doesn’t know that much about diamonds but there could be something different about Antarian diamonds compared to earth ones.

“So when are you gonna give it to her?” Zan asks as they head out of the shop.

“Um I’m not sure” he shrugs.

“You mean all this shopping and you ain't even got a plan, I thought you were da man” Zan laughs.

“I’ve decided that since we’ve already bonded that asking her to be my wife doesn’t have to be a grand affair” Max shrugs, he also knows that to Liz it’s not about fancy dinners or location it’s about the meaning.

“If your sure man, but in my experience women like that shit” Zan tells him, Max smiles because Michael would say something similar. But then again Michael has learnt his lesson because that’s exactly what Maria would want.

“I’m sure” Max smiles.

Max watches Liz carefully as she rushes around the apartment picking up clothing and things that are out of place. She arrived home a half an hour after him and had been behaving strangely ever since, not to mention that she was trying to block him.

“Liz” he called out to her.

“God I have so much to do, what did you want for dinner? I was thinking we could have pasta but if you don’t want that I’m sure there are some other things in the freezer, or we could order pizza if you wanted” she rambled.

Max stood up and walked to her “Sweetie why don’t you just come and tell me what’s wrong?” he suggested.

“I really should get dinner started” she objected.

Leaning down Max took her mouth suddenly in an urgent kiss. It didn’t take long until Liz was eagerly responding letting her shield down and their connection instantly sparked up. They were both bombarded with the usual beautiful images of there time together on Antar and on Earth and then a new set of flashes started.

Max pulled away slowly when they finished and he smiled at his mate. “That wasn’t so hard now was it?” he whispered huskily.

“You know it goes both ways don’t you,” she grinned up at him.

“Uh huh” he said.

“Your going to be a Daddy, Max” she whispered. She knew he already knew but there was just something about saying it out loud.

“I know” Max grinned brightly. “Do you know much I love you?” he said then pulling her onto his lap.

“As much as I love you,” Liz replied seriously.

“Yeah” he sighed in awe. “I don’t know what I did in my past life or in this one to be lucky enough to have you but I am so thankful” he whispered.

“Me too” she said.

They were silent for a few minutes both enjoying the feel of each other’s arms and basking in the joy that was there life. They had both been internally blessed with wonderful friends and family and now they had each other and a child conceived out of their love on the way.

“Now where’s this ring?” she whispered excitedly.

“Oh you saw that?” Max chuckled.

“Stop teasing you know I did” Liz playfully hit him.

“Hmm well you just have to wait” he smiled, he had just decided exactly when and how he was going to give her the ring and ask her.

Liz pouted then but it wasn’t going to work on Max “go make my dinner women” he told her.

“Oh where’s the love?” Liz asked before jumping off his lap and running off.

“I’ll show you the love,” he growled before running after her.

The sun had just began seeping through the window the next morning when Liz started to wake but it wasn’t the light that had invaded her sleep it was the feel of the soft butterfly kisses Max was leaving on her abdomen.

She opened one eye first and saw the dark hair of her mate and then slowly opened the other.

Max looked up into her doe brown eyes and smiled “Morning beautiful” he grinned.

“Morning” she smiled.

“Morning munchkin” he kissed her stomach and Liz smiled.

He reached up and took her right hand then and took a finger into her mouth, he gently sucked it into his mouth eliciting a moan from Liz before releasing it and moving to the left hand..

He sucked on her fingers on her left hand until he reached her ring finger “Liz” he said softly to get her attention as he raised the finger to his lips.

“Yes” she moaned.

“Open your eyes, sweets” he said.

Liz slowly opened her eyes and when Max was sure he had her attention he used his tongue to slide the beautiful engagement ring on to her finger.

“My mate, my heart, my love, will you be my wife?” he whispered. It was simple but it meant everything.

Liz looked down at her mate and her breath was blown away by the love she saw in his eyes. “Yes” she whispered. “In this life and the next” she smiled through her tears.

He kissed the finger that held her ring one last time before quickly rising up her body and taking her lips in a gentle kiss.

“I love you,” he whispered.

“I love you too” she replied.

She looked down at the glorious ring he put on her finger then and gasped, “It’s beautiful” she said.

“Fit for a Queen” he smiled.

Liz smiled “Yeah but I wasn’t a Queen until I found my King” she replied.

Finding her King had been the most important thing Liz Parker had ever done in her life and she knew that her and Max would live happily ever after.

THE END