Strange Behavior (AU,M/L,TEEN) [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

Chapter 10:

"Evans. Nice to have you back! How are you feeling?" Mr. Jackson smiled and patted Max in the back.

"Like I've gotten run over by a truck."

"I'm sorry to hear that. You solved a huge case and saved a beautiful broad... I figured that'd make your week."

"Well, under normal circumstances sir, it would. However, I made the idiotic mistake of falling in love with her." There was bitterness and such an intense sadness in his voice that it almost made him feel bad.

"Evans, Evans. I missed the big L? Look... I know that it may seem like your heart has been stomped on. But, I can assure you, that blissful feeling and that painful feeling all rolled into one are the magic of what love really is. I'm sorry that you feel it didn't work out well... I really am." They walked side by side as Max looked up in confusion at the man whom he'd known for almost five years. He had never realized how much he liked Mr. Jackson. How much Mr. Jackson seemed to like him.

"Well, it didn't help that I left off with an argument with my sister and my best friend got extremely sick. He was better when I left, but I just, I had never seen him so bad before."

"I'm sorry to hear that." They walked into the long corridor and turned right into the small medical examining room. Max sighed to himself. He was in no mood for this. He hadn't used his powers since dealing with Michael, and even so he felt weak. Now, he'd have to take a blood test, a urine sample, and all the other crap the people required of him. He'd have to get naked and felt up by some grouchy old doctor. Damn the stupid annual checkups. They served him no purpose.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Did you speak to her?" Maria ran into the room and screamed at Alex who was packing up a big suitcase of clothes.

"Yes Maria, I spoke to her."

"What did she SAY?"

"Nothing different."

"I can't belive she ACTUALLY did THIS." She picked up some more clothes and helped Alex place them in the suitcase.

"Well... you do crazy things when you're in love."

"Obviously. If I ever get like that, just shoot me and put me out of my misery ok?"

"Sure." They laughed and checked to see if they'd gotten it all.

"Wait! One more thing!" Maria ran to Elizabeth's closet and reached up to the top to grab a small brown book.

"We have to pack her journal!"

Max looked around the room at his co-workers and smiled. They must have looked so silly in their boxers or briefs with a hospital gown on, waiting in line. At least he knew everyone in there. Could've been worse. Lost in thought, he heard the faint sound of his cell phone and went over to his jacket pocket to pick it up.

"Hello?"

"Max?"

"What is it Isabel? Everything ok with Michael?"

"Everything is fine. I just wanted to speak with you."

"Well, now is kind of a bad time...."

"Please."

"Fine. You've got about five minutes." He heard a distant sigh in the other line and then listened patiently.

"I'm sorry about everything I said to you. It was not only completely uncalled for, but it was also completely unfair. You... you have always been the one there for us. The one who is there to listen, to teach, to help, to protect, to comfort, anything we could possibly imagine. You've been a leader to us and helped us deal with who we are. You've shown love and compassion. And I can never thank you for that. Ever. So I guess what I wanted to say was that I love you. And although I can be unbearable and selfish, I thank you for never hating me for it. For the record, I was only afraid that Elizabeth would make you realize you didn't need me anymore." He felt his heart grow with love and respect for his sister he hadn't felt in years. He could hear her softly sobbing and he wanted to reach over and hug her.

"I love you too Isabel." It was all he could say right now... being under the conditions he was in. But he vowed he'd speak to her later.

"Ok... I'm sorry. You can go now."

"I'll call you when I get out of work tonight." He smiled and said goodbye when he heard his name being called.

"How'd it go?"

"I got really emotional. I figured I would."

"Well, I'm glad you spoke to him." Alex reached over and handed Isabel her hot chocolate. They looked around at the crowd in Central Park and proceeded to walk in no particular direction.

"So am I." She smiled and slipped her spare hand into his, the surprise catching him off guard. It all felt so right. Finally, life felt real. Like she was living.

"I can't believe she's gone...."

"I thought you were happy she left."

"Well, I am! But I miss her!"

"Go hitch a plane and see her then."

"Will you stop being such a loser?" Maria looked down at Michael, who was beginning to regain his color and sound more and more like his old self. Unfortunately.

"Look... you're either happy for them or glad for them."

"There isn't even a THEM yet."

"Oh, but there will be. Trust me. There will be."

"Well, Ms. Cleo, if you know so much, tell me what will happen in my future."

"Ok. First, you'll continue to serve me small sandwiches and drinks in order to keep me hydrated. Realizing of course that we're alone and that I've been ill, you take the opportunity to 'get to know me.' We finish in a passionate love making session where I feel myself cured and you declare yourself damaged. We argue. I kiss you. You push me. I kiss you. You laugh. I kiss you. Then finally, you give in and kiss me back." He leaned forward... their faces a breath apart.

"This isn't one of your REAL powers... is it?"

"Evans. Have a seat. The doctor will be with you shortly." Max nodded and sat on the hospital bed. He swung his feet a bit, feeling like a child again. When was the last time he'd visited a hospital willingly? He looked down and felt a sting in his heart the minute he finished the thought. When he'd gone to see Liz. Liz could get him to do backflips if she wanted. Of course, she'd never asked.

He looked around the room and realized all of the familiar objects were missing. The picture of Dr. Healy and his children. The old House and Home magazines. The framed awards. They were gone. Max felt his jaw tense. This wasn't good. A new doctor? Someone he could not trust. FBI? Well, of course they were FBI... idiot. He worked for them. He commanded his body to calm down. There was no need to alert immediate danger... yet. He'd keep his head open, his eyes and ears pierced to everything. And then he heard the footsteps. Someone was coming. He looked down at his half naked body and suddenly felt... well naked. The door in front of him softly opened and he looked up slowly to come face to face with deep brown eyes.

"Mr. Evans. Please, remove your hospital gown." His face froze. His heart was beating too fast. He was going to go into cardiac arrest. He needed to breathe. Her hair was up in a loose pony tail, her lips lightly glossed, her eyes gleaming. Right in front of him was Liz, a white coat on, and a new ID that clearly read: FBI. Elizabeth Parker, MD. Primary Care Provider.
roswellianprincess16
Addicted Roswellian

Post by roswellianprincess16 »

extingman wrote:Did Liz lock the door behind her? I hope Max follows her instructions and once she gets an eyeful, then he should ask her if she is planning on removing her doctors coat or better yet maybe ask what she has on underneath her doctors coat, he may just get a surprise. :lol:
That made me laugh so hard. :) Because you're totally right. It did sound very naughty.

Anyway, here's the end.

EPILOGUE:

He couldn’t even believe what stood before him.

“Liz?”

“Mr. Evans, I would appreciate professionalism. I’d prefer being called Dr. Parker.” He looked at her suspiciously as she removed the stethoscope from her neck and opened his chart on the desk.

There was a long silence between them and then she smiled. “Unless of course you’d rather call me Dr. Evans.”

He began to smile and then his eyes slanted in confusion.

“Did you just propose?”

“I just gave up my entire life, everything I have worked so hard for to be here. And I’d do it again. Max… from the minute you approached me in the supply closet, I knew there was something special between us. I’m… I’m sorry about how I left things between us.”

She headed over to him and placed the cold metal against his chest. He jumped for a moment and she smiled as she breathed on it softly and then placed it back on his flesh.

“Breathe deeply.” He took a few breaths and she listened carefully. Then, she felt his hand on hers. He moved it over a few inches and then held it there.

“Do you hear that?”

She looked up and nodded, their eyes focused only on each other.

“That’s the sound of my heart. The heart that I thought I’d left back in New York… with you.” He smiled and then pulled her up to kiss her.

“So what now?” She smiled, letting her forehead linger on his.

“Well, you need a place to stay. My apartment isn’t big, but… it’ll do for now.”

“Mr. Evans are you asking me to move in with you?”

“Depends on whether or not you say yes.”

“I say of course.” She finished a few more exams and then wrote in the folder.

“What did you write in there anyway?” Max stated as he stood up and began to put his hospital gown back on.

“Something about you being an alien from another planet.” She smiled and turned around handing him his file. “Go to the front and hand Cindy this file, she’ll look it over and stash it with the others. Don’t worry Mr. Evans, you’re perfectly healthy.”

He smiled and then before leaving turned to kiss her again.

“I can’t believe you did this. This is probably the best surprise ever.”

“I can’t believe I did either. You’ve just done something to me. Something strange.”

“And I hope that feeling never goes away.”

“I’ll see you at home.” Home. The word sounded wonderful coming from her mouth. Max smiled and opened the door.

“Goodbye Dr. Parker. Thank you for you care.”

“It’s not goodbye Mr. Evans. Only until next time.” He smiled and walked down the hallway knowing that life would be good. Life would be sooo good.
-Isabelle Santiago, Author of Scifi/Fantasy Romance
Not Every Girl Dreams of Prince Charming...
http://twistedfairytale.net
http://twistedfairytale.net/blog/