What I Did On My Summer Vacation (AU,M/L,CHILD) 1/1 - 7/4/09

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

What I Did On My Summer Vacation (AU,M/L,CHILD) 1/1 - 7/4/09

Post by jbangelo »

Title: What I Did On My Summer Vacation
Author: Jenny
Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me.
Pairing: Max-centric (one-sided Max/Liz)
Rating: CHILD
Summary: Pre-Pilot. Max struggles with a school assignment. Ficlet; 300 words.
Author's Note: For Sirio.

Max Evans tapped the eraser of his pencil against his desk, staring in vain at the blank piece of paper before him. The title he’d scratched across the top stared bleakly back at him, mocking him. “What I Did On My Summer Vacation,” it read. When would he escape having to write this same essay year after year? Did the teachers actually think they were being original with this assignment?

It wasn’t as if he didn’t have things to write about. Quite the contrary. His parents always made a point to ensure that he and Isabel enjoyed their summer vacations, usually taking trips to places like Florida’s beaches or Disneyland. They hadn’t been anywhere exotic this summer, but they had taken a couple of camping trips to the nearby national forest.

Max had already sneaked a glance at Isabel’s completed essay - she’d written a rather lengthy piece on the “exciting and educational” week she’d spent “interning” at their father’s law office. She was clearly just trying to impress their teacher, because Max knew for a fact that she’d hated every minute of it.

With a sigh, Max thought back over the events of the summer - the camping trips with Isabel and their parents, hanging out with Michael, playing video games or combing the desert for artifacts - but everything came up short in comparison to one particular event that had happened over the summer.

Pencil poised in hand, Max finally began to write something across his piece of notebook paper. He knew he would scrap it, never actually turn it in for his assignment, but writing it down seemed to make it feel more real.

My name is Max Evans, he wrote, and this summer I finally talked to Liz Parker. The girl I’m going to marry someday.

THE END
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”