Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) 4-18-09 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

destinyc
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) ch 59 3-28-09

Post by destinyc »

Alien_Friend-At least that's two more down!
Tamashii-It is almost time.
Jan-Of course we do!
Kate-You'll see.
Keepsmiling-I wanted Diane to be a little more clued-in.

Sorry if this part is a bit short. Their departure will be in Tuesday's chapter.
~~~~
After a busy day of helping Liz finish packing and tying up other loose ends in town, Max and Liz closed the Crashdown on their own, Jeff and Nancy in Santa Fe for the night. Though Grandma Claudia fussed about her son treating her like a little old lady, Jeff insisted that she not make the drive to Roswell on her own.

“One more cherry coke?” Liz asked as Max sat on a stool facing the bar.

“As long as it’s poured by my favorite waitress, then yes,” Max responded, twisting playfully on the barstool.

“I was your only waitress,” Liz retorted, spearing his soda with a straw.

“Yeah, the food was never as good if somebody else brought it,” Max grinned, a little nostalgic for the years they spent here together.

As they had begun to consider turning off the lights and heading upstairs, a loud knock was heard on the front door glass.

Max hopped off his seat, went to the door, and pushed back the blind to reveal Maria, Michael, Alex and Isabel loaded down with grocery sacks. Max unlocked the door and let them in.

“Hey, guys, what’s all this?” Max looked confusedly at the bags and then up at his friends. Liz walked around the counter to join them.

“Alex and I brought snacks for your drive,” Isabel handed the heavy paper sack to her brother who sat it on the table.

“Two six-packs of cherry coke, ding dongs, Doritos, and three large bottles of Tabasco,” Max smiled broadly as he poked through the other items in the sack, “Thanks guys!”

“I burned you a Metallica CD,” Michael added, handing Max a jewel case with the compact disc inside, “Cause, you can never have too much Metallica, you know.”

“True, true,” Max nodded his thanks as he placed the CD on top of the food.

“And this is a photo of all of us at graduation—my mom took it,” Maria added as she handed it to Liz.

Max and Liz studied the framed black and white picture, Max and Liz fresh from their graduation speech, everyone holding their diplomas, with broad grins on their faces.

“Yeah, that was probably the last picture of you two as--,” Maria was cut off by a playful shove from Liz.

“We get it,” Liz rolled her eyes and shook her head, “Are you enjoying your winnings, Maria?” Liz inquired wryly.

“Yes, I am. I paid for some studio time today in fact and took Michael out to lunch as well,” Maria beamed.

“I love havin’ me a sugar-mama,” Michael joked as he put his arm around Maria.

Liz returned to their table with drinks for the group.

Isabel doctored hers with Tabasco, smiling when she got the mixture just right, “So the moms know?”

Max and Liz took a deep breath and nodded.

Taking a long sip of her soda Liz replied, “They know enough for now.”

“Well, I’m glad we’re finally members of the I-know-about-Max-and-Liz club,” Alex added good-naturedly.

“Sorry about all the secrecy,” Max ducked his head then looked up at his friends, “It’s just—Liz’s dad, you know.”

Nods of understanding went around the table.

“After tomorrow you’re home free, so to speak,” Michael offered.

“Pretty much,” Liz nodded, her face a mixture of relief and guilt over keeping her relationship with Max under wraps for a little longer.

Knowing that Max and Liz had a long drive ahead of them the next day, the two couples had not planned to stay long, but before they left, Alex had one more thing to say.

Standing with a raised glass, Alex spoke for the group, “We’ll come by in the morning to see you off, but before we go tonight—a toast,” Alex lifted his glass of root beer, “To Max and Liz—who finally figured out what we had known all along—they belong together. Have a safe journey and good luck in Cambridge.”

The glasses all clinked as Max and Liz accepted the group’s congratulations and well-wishes. As hugs were exchanged and the two couples made their way to the door, Maria offered one last bit of advice, “Don’t stay up too late—Jeff Parker is due back first thing in the morning.”
~~~~
After a steamy shower together, Max and Liz took their sleeping bag from atop the stacked boxes ready to load, deciding to do a little star-gazing before heading off to bed. Darkening the street light and sneaking out to the balcony with a sheet around them, they snuggled down into their sleeping bag and stuffed their pillows behind their heads, tossing the sheet back through the window once they were settled. They looked up to the sky one last time before they were to leave Roswell the next morning.

“Hmmm…naked stargazing,” Liz giggled, her head leaning toward Max’s, “I wonder if Mr. Seligman would approve?” she joked.

“Well, if our family and friends are any indication, he probably wouldn’t be very surprised,” Max laughed as they began to pick out the shapes in the night sky.

“Ooh, look, there’s Capricorn,” Liz pointed into the dark.

“Where?” Max adjusted his gaze to match Liz’s.

“Right here,” Liz grinned as she traced first the shallow ‘V’ from shoulder to sternum and the back up the other side. Then with a mischievous look, Liz traced the deeper V down the muscular line of Max’s abdomen to his belly button and back up the other side, her light touch leaving its ticklish wake. Max squirmed as Liz’s finger made his flesh tingle.

Smiling at the game, Max sought the sky once again. “There’s Cygnus, the swan,” he said sultrily as his finger traced from one nipple to the other, causing Liz to gasp as the tender skin went rigid. With darkened eyes, Max drew a line from her chin, tracing down her creamy neck, the valley between her breasts, her flat stomach, barely brushing her clit as he traced the constellation from memory, not even needing to look toward the heavens, but only at the center of his universe that lay next to him.

As Max had upped the ante on their little game, Liz decided her efforts should match his as well. “Ah, I found Scorpio,” Liz purred, drawing an imaginary line from clavicle to chin, then traced a meandering trail down the length of Max’s chest, onto his torso. Max sucked in his breath in expectation of her intended path. Grinning wickedly, Liz continued her course down his lower abdomen, through the dark hair and onto his length, growing rigid at her attentions.

Slowly, lightly Liz’s finger continued its southerly journey, circling his hard shaft, tracing the curl of the scorpion’s tail, the path on Max’s body glowing as brightly as the stars they were watching.

Without hesitation, Max rolled on top of Liz, his thick cock pressing to her core as he slid up her body.

“What, no more stargazing?” Liz teased, wrapping her arms around Max’s broad shoulders.

Looking into her dark eyes that sparkled with the light of the evening’s stars, Max bent his head to capture her mouth and whispered sultrily, “I’ll give you an even better view.”
DestinyC's New Fic
"My Brother's Keeper"
destinyc
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) ch 60 3-31-09

Post by destinyc »

Tamashii-Glad you enjoyed it :P
Jan-How funny, we finished our first fics at about the same time 8) . Great minds and all that! :lol:
Monica-As soon as I post this, I will PM you!! :wink: Glad you liked it!
Alien_Friend-Thanks! :D
Pandas-Here you go! :D
Natalie-Thanks! 8)
Kat-Wow! I'm glad you joined us and are enjoying the story. Their friends are nothing but supportive at this point. I hope you enjoy the rest of the story. :D
Ginger-I thought you would like how the moms deal with all this. I hope you enjoy today's chapter. :D
keepsmiling-Did you enjoy my little double entendre there??? 8)
~~~~~
The dream was incredibly vivid—making love in the canyon, the pool, in the hammock with the morning’s sun shining down on them. So often that summer, Max and Liz had made love in the outdoors—not for the thrill or the decadence of exhibitionism, but because the rest of the world seemed to disappear around them. Self-consciousness remained at bay as their bodies sought out the other.

In the dream, Max could feel the long, slow slide as he entered Liz’s snug depths time and again. Liz felt Max’s warm body behind hers pushing into her body, filling her, the sweet invasion that she yearned for time and again. In this early morning vision, Liz saw Max’s arms wrap around her body, his fingers dip into her bare furrow, pressing that sensitive spot that so enflamed her body, even as the morning breezes cooled her cheek.

The dream was a warm cocoon, sheltering them from the rest of the world, from obligation, from fear. Max plunged into Liz’s warm, wet walls over and over, her beautiful rounded bottom grinding against the thrusts of his hips, his fingers stroking through her wet nether-lips, his mouth on the sensitive flesh behind her ear.

The cocoon began to pulse, to throb, but instead of bursting open, it tightened against the swelling inside, forcing that pleasure, that energy to escape from every extremity, every pore. The tingling in their bellies spread throughout their bodies as they clung together. Their cries that rang out into the blue skies were thankfully covered by the blaring horn of the delivery truck, trying to get through the alleyway now blocked by a U-haul trailer.

“Elizabeth Parker, Maxwell Evans—get your butts downstairs!” Grandma Claudia’s voice rang in their heads, startling them from their romantic dreaming. They were shocked from sleep by the blaring sound and their grandmother’s sudden mental intrusion, unwelcome but necessary. As Max and Liz awoke, they weren’t exactly surprised that Max was still buried in Liz’s depths as they slept on her balcony under the stars.

They fearfully peered over the balcony rail, the meat deliveryman waving impatiently, needing to reach the loading dock at the back of the Crashdown. Fortunately, Michael had just walked up the alley behind the driver, using his alien magic to start Max’s jeep and pull the U-haul out of the way. Noting that the driver and Michael were occupied with the delivery, Max and Liz took that opportunity to rush back inside Liz’s window, turn off the buzzing alarm that they had not heard, run their hands over their sticky bodies, and throw on some clothes. Liz tossed on a pair of knit shorts and her maroon Harvard tee. Max quickly got dressed and grabbed a couple of Liz’s boxes, hoping that it would seem as though they had been up for hours.
~~~~~
Rushing down the stairs, Liz’s books and winter clothes in hand, Max greeted the Parkers as they drank their just-poured coffee, stopping to give Grandma Claudia a quick peck on the cheek.

“Morning, Grandma,” Max smiled silently.

Claudia grinned and winked in response.

Passing by Michael who had taken his place at the grill, Max spoke in hushed tones, “Thanks for moving the U-haul.”

“No problem,” Michael responded nonchalantly as he flipped the pancake in front of him. Looking at Max, Michael smirked and nodded, “Dude, your shirt’s on inside out.”

Glancing at the exposed shoulder seam, Max shook his head slightly, “I’ll take care of it in a minute.” Heading out the back door, Max pulled the loading ramp from the back of the U-haul and set the edge of it on the asphalt.

The sound of rattling metal and grinding wheels against squeaky tracks echoed throughout the alleyway. Max had already packed his belongings and their things collected over the summer toward the front of the U-haul. Walking toward the stacked boxes and random pieces of furniture, Max patted the worn box, stowed under his bed for so many years, to assure himself that the treasures contained inside were secured. He smiled at the pair of pink tables that were stacked crazily atop all their worldly possessions. Fitting the next pair of boxes in the arrangement like puzzle pieces, Max’s heavy steps rang throughout the metal box as he made his way to the rear.

Michael emerged from the backdoor of the restaurant carrying another large box.

“Grandma Claudia brought dishes,” Michael informed Max as he walked up the ramp to deposit the large, heavy box in the trailer.

“And here we were just going to pinch a few chipped ones from Liz’s dad,” Max chuckled.

“Yeah, well, I threw a few of those in to, just for nostalgia’s sake,” Michael grinned at his friend.

“Thanks,man.”

“No problem, and, oh, don’t forget about your shirt,” Michael laughed and waggled his eyebrows.

“Oh, yeah,” Max peeled off yesterday’s tee and turned it right side out, passing his hand over it to freshen it up a bit. Pulling it back over his head, he tugged it down properly.

Max looked thoughtfully at his friend who stood with him in the U-haul. “You guys gonna’ be alright?” he asked. Though he was excited about college and sharing an apartment with Liz, he still felt a little guilty about abandoning the rest of his friends in the meantime.

“Yeah, we’ll do alright,” Michael responded, playfully punching his friend in the arm as they looked down toward the street, beginning to bustle with activity.

“You guys’ll be back,” he commented off-handedly. “I mean who else is going to deliver all these babies, Doctor Evans?” Michael teasing Max over the fact that he would have to deliver all the children Liz had foreseen in her visions.

“Can you at least hold off procreating till I finish medical school?” whimpered Max with a resigned grin.

Snorting a chuckle and jokingly cupping his ‘package’ Michael retorted, “I can try, but I’m not making any promises.”

Inside the restaurant

“Grandma, you really didn’t have to buy us anything else, you’ve done so much already,” Liz softly chastised as she hugged Claudia.

“You don’t need to be eating from your dad’s cast-offs,” Claudia rebutted.

Jeff Parker scowled at his mother from the pass-through, “My dishes are just fine, thank you,” he defended before returning his attention to the grill.

The rest of the Evans clan and Alex walked through the doors; Maria brought Diane and Philip coffees while Isabel and Alex made their way up to Liz’s room to help with the remaining boxes and suitcases. Liz called out her thanks as she continued her conversation with Claudia.

“Now you call whenever you stop for the night,” Claudia hugged Liz, then whispered lowly, “But, I guess you don’t really have to use your phone, now do you?” Grandma smiled wickedly and winked.

“I guess not,” Liz whispered back, only marginally surprised at Grandma’s morning wake-up call.

“And here’s a digital camera,” Claudia pulled it from her pocket to place in Liz’s though Liz was trying to refuse the generosity.

“Grandma, it’s too much. I can’t--,”

“Shush,” Claudia scolded playfully, “This is purely for my benefit, thank you very much. I want you to take pictures of everything on the way and send them to me,” her grandma instructed. “You’re going to travel over half the country—go see, I don’t know, the world’s biggest ball of twine or something,” Claudia waved her arms in emphasis.

“Cawker City, Kansas,” Liz was a veritable fount of knowledge, “A slight detour, but I’ll see what we can do. I may have a little influence over my driver,” Liz flashed her eyes at Claudia and grinned.

“I mean—you have plenty of time. Enjoy yourselves. Take a picture or two along the way,” Claudia kissed the side of Liz’s head as she patted the opposite side.

“We will,” Liz smiled as she slipped the camera into her pocket. “I’d better go make sure they’ve got everything,” she pointed her thumb at the kitchen door, indicating her friends who were carrying boxes downstairs and into the U-haul.
~~~~
After hauling all the wrapped photos, boxes of blankets and bowls, and the pillows from Liz’s bed, Max made the final adjustments on the arrangement of their possessions in the trailer, moving their black silk bedding near the door, as Liz had seen herself carrying it into their apartment the first time she walked in. He placed their duffels and snack sacks in the back seat.

Jeff treated everyone to a hearty going-away breakfast, making sure that his family and friends had plenty to eat. He snickered as the table went through an entire large bottle of Tabasco at breakfast, his own mother enjoying a healthy portion herself. Liz went behind the counter to fix to-go cups for Max and herself before heading out. She also boxed up a couple of pieces of Men-in-Blackberry for later.

Everyone stood to hug Max and Liz as they made ready to leave.

“Call us as soon as you get there,” ordered Maria as she hugged Max and Liz fiercely.

“We will,” assured Liz, returning the hug.

Michael gave Max and Liz big bear hugs each, slapping Max on the back as he did so.

In hushed tones Max reminded him, “Hey don’t forget about our agreement,” Max snickered, referring to his family-planning plea made earlier that morning, “And, hey, pass the word to Alex, but, um, after we leave, please. Izzy’ll freak and I really don’t want to ruin the moment, ok?”

“Sure, man,” Michael laughed, playfully punching Max on the shoulder.

“Bye, guys,” Liz and Max hugged Alex and Isabel in turn.

“Let us know if you need anything,” Alex instructed.

“OK,” Max agreed. “Oh, Alex, make sure you talk to Michael later,” Max whispered and put his finger to his lips indicating that the topic was hush-hush.

“No problem,” Alex responded with a quizzical look.

“We’re going to miss you guys,” Isabel hugged Liz and her brother tightly.

“Iz, we’ll be back before you know it,” Max held his sister, giving her a sympathetic smile.

“Take care of my brother,” Iz smiled and whispered to Liz as she hugged her.

“I will,” Liz smiled. “I promise.”

Max and Liz hugged their parents in turn, the moms and dads secretly slipping cash into their children’s pockets for their trip.

“Be careful,” Diane gently ordered as she and Phillip said goodbye to the pair.

“Always, Mom,” Max kissed his mother on the cheek .

“Love you, son,” Phillip hugged Max, “Don’t forget to call your Uncle Steve so your fridge and furniture can be delivered.”

“I know, Dad. We’ll take care of it,” Max grinned at his dad.

Max and Liz embraced Nancy as she got a little teary-eyed.

“I should’ve put rocks on your heads years ago,” Nancy laughed as she dabbed at her eyes. “Study hard, get plenty of sleep,” Nancy stammered for last-minute advice, “Don’t forget to wear your hats and gloves in the winter—it gets cold up there--.”

“We know,” Max and Liz responded in unison before turning to face Liz’s dad.

“My little girl’s all grown up,” Jeff sniffed as he wrapped his arms around his daughter.

“Oh, Dad,” Liz gushed as she squeezed him back.

Jeff turned to Max, clasping his right hand and putting his left on Max’s shoulder, “Take care of her, now,” Jeff admonished with a restrained gruffness.

Max straightened his shoulders and looked Jeff Parker in the eye, “I always will,” he responded with a firm conviction.

Jeff Parker smiled confusedly, and patted Max’s arm as he released his hand.

Max and Liz went to Grandma Claudia, each giving her a dose of their special, curative hugs.

“Be careful you two,” Claudia warned silently, “You’d better take it easy before I start shooting green sparks out my fingers.”

“Hey, it does come in handy when dealing with rattlesnakes," Liz quipped.

Noticing all the odd looks they were receiving, Max and Liz gave Claudia an audible goodbye.

“We love you, Grandma,” Max and Liz embraced Claudia as they had done for so many years.

“Oh, we’ll have so much to talk about at Thanksgiving,” Claudia rubbed Liz’s arm with her hand.

“Grandma!” Max mouthed, afraid she was making Liz suspicious.

Claudia only winked and grinned in response.

Liz’s hand went to her pocket where she felt the camera that Claudia had given her earlier.

“Oh, we need a picture before we go,” Liz scanned the room, “Agnes, could you help us out a second,” Liz looked at the aging waitress hopefully.

“Sure, doll,” the husky-voiced waitress took the camera and ordered the group to gather at the wall with the alien mural.

Liz called out, “Everybody say ‘Harvard’!”

“Harvard!” the group called out as the flash shot out its white light, the image of Max and Liz surrounded by their family and friends stored in the camera and kept forever in their hearts.
~~~~~

As Max fired up the engine of the vintage jeep, he looked at Liz, “Ready to go, baby?”

“Anywhere with you,” she smiled. “Oh, but I almost forgot, we do have a date with an over-sized ball of twine.
Last edited by destinyc on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DestinyC's New Fic
"My Brother's Keeper"
destinyc
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) ch 61 4-3-09

Post by destinyc »

Monica-All with be resolved, though... 8)
Alien_Friend-They're finally out the door :P
XAF-Thanks so much! :D
Mirae01-Glad you liked it! :D
Eve-Jeff's got one surprise left in him later on :wink:
Dziumka-Claudia actually will have the last word later on :D
Jan-You may be right... :lol:
Ginger-I'm so glad you liked it!! :D
Pandas-Thanks! :D
Natalie-We shall soon see... :D

Hey guys! I'm updating early because I have to give college boards tomorrow (the ACT), so I didn't want you to have to wait for me to finish with that.

Hope you enjoy!!!
~~~
After a dozen or more cultural oddities—haunted caves, concrete dinosaurs, and an assortment of gargantuan muffler men-- Max and Liz took their time in making their way across the country. They took photos of the world’s largest graduation cap in Columbus and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Finally growing anxious to see their new home, Max and Liz pulled up to their apartment, Max opening the overhead door of the U-Haul to retrieve the black silk bedding, so that Liz’s vision of entering the apartment for the first time remained true.
~~

“Look, Max, our bed!” Liz squealed then flopped on her back, reveling in the comfort.

Max put down their duffels and joined her on the bed, leaning down to give her a long kiss, “Welcome home,” he grinned down at her. “Let’s make the bed, then we’ll bring in everything else from the U-Haul, so we can take it back tonight.”

“Sounds good,” Liz opened the packages, making quick work of the bed-making. As tempting as it was to writhe on the silky sheets, they knew they had to get the trailer unloaded quickly.
After hauling all the boxes and furniture inside, setting up the hammock in the backyard, and returning the trailer to the U-haul office, Max and Liz made their way through some of the boxes, trying to clear away as much clutter as possible and find the belongings they needed.

“Did you find the box with the pots and pans, honey?” Max called out. He couldn’t face another restaurant meal right now.

“Not yet—this one is the box of photos from Grandma,” Liz called back as Max entered the room.

“Oh, yeah? Here, we’ll put them on the mantle. I’ll unwrap, and you can place them where you want them to go,” Max suggested as he noticed Liz picking up the largest of the pictures first.

Fortunately, there was a leftover nail hanging squarely above the center of the mantelpiece, and Liz was standing on her tippy-toes trying to hang the large framed photos that also graced the same area at Claudia’s over half a continent away.

“Do you ever ask for help?” Max teased as he gently took the frame from her to hang on the nail, straightening it perfectly.

Liz smiled broadly, then resumed placing the smaller photos.

As Max reached for another photo, he let out a chuckle, “Look at this one, honey.”

In the frame rested a black and white photo of the six-year-old pair wrapped in towels with pitiful, scolded looks on their faces.

“Oh my gosh, she must have taken this before mom found our pajamas that night,” recalling the infamous hot-tub party of their youth.

“Look, Liz, there’s writing on the back.”

Liz read the message from the back of the frame, “Now you know what I’ve known all along--you were made for each other. Love, Grandma.”

Liz fought a sniffly smile as she placed the picture on the center of the mantle, “It looks nice, don’t you think?” Liz grinned proudly as she stepped back from the collection of images before them—photos of ancestors, their parents’ younger days, and numerous pictures of Max and Liz from the time they were six until now.

“It’s beautiful, baby, but I’m even more happy I have the real thing right here,” Max leaned down for a tender yet passionate kiss. “So what do you say, you wanna’ break in our new mattress?” he questioned in a husky voice.

“I thought you were hungry?” Liz questioned playfully.

“Starving,” Max growled as he picked up Liz and took her to bed.
~~~~
Max and Liz’s Harvard studies began well, both making high marks on their midterms. With the number of credits they earned from their AP tests and college classes they took during their senior year, they nearly had sophomore status already. They grew excited November progressed—their first trip back home was to take place soon.

Friday morning…the week before Thanksgiving

Liz noticed that Max was acting rather unusual this morning, but just put it off to the excitement of heading back to Roswell that afternoon. His hands crackled with energy in the shower that morning, which provided Liz with a rather pleasant experience indeed. When they stopped between classes for breakfast, Max barely touched his, though he smiled broadly, watching Liz eat her scrambled eggs and pancakes. Driving back from campus, Max was exceedingly impatient with traffic though to Liz it didn’t seem any heavier than normal.

As they returned home, Liz tried to search his thoughts to discover what had him so wound up, only to discover he was blocking her. It had been a long time since he had done this, and Liz grew even more curious as to why.

Liz went to the hall closet to retrieve suitcases for their flight, but when she entered their bedroom, she found Max on his hands and knees, reaching under the bed.

After sitting the suitcases down, Liz sat on the edge of the bed, while Max continued to dig around underneath the box springs.

As he started to emerge, she asked, “Find what you were looking for?” cocking her head to follow his progress.

He pulled a worn cardboard box out from underneath the bed and sat up on his knees, looking up at Liz sweetly.

“A long time ago,” he smiled cryptically as he reached toward the bottom of the box. Liz recognized the box as the one that contained Max’s photos and other memorabilia of their lives together.

Max bit his lip and blushed as his hand stopped rummaging around the box. Liz noticed the muscles of his forearm flexing the tiniest bit as though he was raking his thumb over something.

His large hand was wrapped around something small as he pulled it from the box. He sat on his knees as Liz remained above him, sitting on the bed. With his hands tucked at his lap, he looked up at Liz, his amber eyes shining brightly.

Taking a deep breath, Max began, “You know, I’ve loved you since the day we met, Liz Parker,” Max smiled broadly.

“Me too,” Liz responded softly as she looked down at him.

“But, do you remember the day you saw the Calvin Klein ad? When we were in my room?” Max’s nerves began playing havoc with him again. He shook his head, moving the now-longer fringe of his hair out of his eyes. He scratched at his scruff nervously.

“You know I do,” Liz laughed softly.

“When you opened up that magazine and saw that picture, you put your arms around me, and I felt your--,”

“Desire,” Liz whispered as she smiled.

“I mean, I knew we’d loved each other since we were little, but then, I thought maybe you could come to love me as something more,” Max breathed out nervously. “I never wanted anybody but you, Liz. I was still too nervous to do anything about it, yet,” Max shook his head, remembering his anxious younger self. “But I did do one thing that night, when I knew that there might be a chance that you would want to be more than just friends. So, almost a year ago I took the money I made from the ad in GQ ,” Max sucked in a deep breath, “And bought you this,” Max opened his hand to reveal a tiny, black velvet box.

Liz’s breath began to quicken as her eyes started to glaze with tears, in expectation of what was to come.

Max shifted his right foot to the floor as he kneeled in front of Liz and breathing deeply he asked, “Liz Parker, will you marry me?” He opened the small box to reveal a beautiful marquise cut diamond set in platinum, the wedding bands also set with diamonds forming a deep ‘V’ on the top and bottom.

Liz smiled broadly as she bit her lip, little tears starting to form at the corners of her eyes. She looked into Max’s hopeful face, his eyes shining brightly and responded, “Max Evans, I will marry you any day, any place, any time.” She threw her arms around him, kissing him deeply, nearly knocking him backward in the process.

Once they were steadied again, Max reached for the engagement ring and slid it onto her finger, slipping the wedding bands into his pocket for safe-keeping.

“How about today?” he asked, hoping that his luck would hold out.

“Today?” Liz looked at him incredulously.

“At the Bellagio-I reserved the honeymoon suite,” Max grinned at Liz who now sat in his lap on the floor of their bedroom.

Liz’s mind raced, “What about a dress?” she remembered the vision she had last summer—that unexplained image of the two of them on a bridge in front of dancing fountains of water.

“Look in the closet,” Max smiled.

Liz opened the closet door, and there, carefully swathed in a clear garment bag was the dress, strapless with beads and pearls on the bodice that shone in the sun, the full tulle skirt flared out from the waist and looked angelic.

“I found it—the dress—last week when I was downtown getting my tux let out in the shoulders a bit.”

Liz smiled as she held the dress to her body and twirled around, her eyes shining with happiness.

“The shoes, all the accessories—it’s all packed and ready to go,” Max looked up expectantly, “So?” he bit his lip in question.

Liz carefully laid the dress on the bed and climbed back onto Max’s lap.

“I would marry you on the street corner in five minutes, Max Evans,” Liz teased lightly, “I meant what I said—anywhere, anytime,” she pulled him to her for a deep kiss. “You know our moms are going to make us do this all over again come Christmastime.

“I know, but today is just for us,” Max looked deeply in Liz’s eyes as he fisted his hands in her hair, “When we go home to Roswell, I want to go as your husband. I want our families to know how much I love you, and that I will spend the rest of my life with you,” Max bent down so that his forehead touched Liz’s. “And I would really like to be married to you before we tell your dad I’m from another planet,” Max breathed out a laugh through his overwhelming emotion.

“Me too,” Liz smiled broadly as she kissed him.

“So this is why our Thanksgiving plane tickets were open-ended, huh?” Liz finally figured out what the secret communication between Max and Grandma Claudia was all about.

“I didn’t tell her,” Max defended, “But she seemed to know anyway,” Max laughed lightly as he let out a sigh of relief, “It has been hell keeping this from you,” Max groaned in release. “There have been so many times that I wanted to pull that ring from the box, but I knew in my heart—today was the day,” Max gazed at Liz, a sappy look all over his face.

“Ok, future Mrs. Evans,” Max knew they needed to get moving to make their flight, but stopped short in thought, “Or do you want to be Mrs. Parker-Evans?” Max queried, not wanting to over-step himself.

“Mrs. Evans will be fine,” Liz gushed and smiled embarrassedly, “Do you remember when we were little kids and I’d doodle those little loops all over my paper?”

“Of course,” Max stood and helped Liz up off the floor.

“Those were all “E’s”—you know, for ‘Elizabeth Evans, Elizabeth Evans’, over and over,” Liz grinned as she opened her suitcase and stowed the clothes they had set aside earlier.

“Yeah? That long ago, huh?” Max slid his arms around her waist and kissed the side of her head.

“Mmm hmm,” Liz turned to face her fiancé, “See, Max, even though you can read my mind, there are still a few secrets to discover,” Liz playfully raised her eyebrow.

“And I plan to spend a lifetime finding each and every one,” Max replied reaching for a long, slow kiss before pulling apart to take a breath.

Reaching for his cell, Max suggested, “Now, why don’t you grab the camera and batteries, I’ll call us a cab, and let’s go get married.”
DestinyC's New Fic
"My Brother's Keeper"
destinyc
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) ch 62 4-8-09

Post by destinyc »

Jan-Of course they'll have their happy ending! :D
Ginger-More fun stuff to come today! :D
Natalie-Thanks! :P
Eve-Well, I'm glad I could surprise you. :wink:
Monica-A little more sweetness before we're through. :wink:
Pandas-All will be answered very soon. :D
Mirae01-Of course he is 8)
Alien_Friend-It won't be quite as bad as you think :wink:

~~~~~~~~
Soon after landing at McCarran Airport, Max and Liz splurged for a limo, headed to the marriage license bureau, and then directed the driver to the Bellagio, where their bags were taken up to their suite.

“Max, why don’t you go meet with the minister and make sure all the wedding plans are sorted, run upstairs and get dressed, and I’ll meet you at the altar in an hour,” Liz’s eyes twinkled as she had her own wedding preparations to make.

“Are you sure you don’t need any help?” Max queried.

“You know it’s bad luck to see the bride before the wedding, now shoo!” Liz grinned as Max shook his head and smiled, heading off to the chapel to confirm their appointment.

Grabbing a hotel brochure and map, Liz took off for the Via Bellagio and Tiffany & Co. in particular. It didn’t take long before she found a platinum band with a wide ‘V’ of channel set diamonds, mirroring her own. Max wasn’t the only one who had set aside funds for just such an occasion. After paying for the ring and stopping at a nearby lingerie store for the appropriate under things, Liz rushed up to their room, pausing at the door to make sure Max was already gone back downstairs to wait for her.

As she entered their plush, spacious room, she noticed a beautiful bouquet of white roses bound with a lace ribbon waiting for her in a vase on the dresser. Her dress and shoes had been laid out for her, so she quickly changed, her alien powers coming in handy when it came time to fix her make up and curl her hair. Noting that Max must have slipped their camera in the pocket of his tux, she grabbed the Tiffany’s sack and her bouquet, ready to head downstairs and marry the love of her life, Max Evans.
~~~~~
Outside the chapel doors, she slipped Max’s ring from the tiny bag and took up the roses once more, signaling to the doorman that she was ready.

At the opening strains of “The Wedding March” Max looked up to see a radiant Elizabeth Parker walk through the doors of the chapel. Her eyes sparkled with happy tears she approached her soon-to-be husband. She slipped off her engagement ring for a moment, so that Max could fit it between the ‘V’ shaped bands he had bought to go with it.

As the minister spoke the traditional greeting, although the chapel was nearly empty save the personnel who witnessed the event, it wouldn’t have mattered, as Max and Liz could only see each other anyway. The minister nodded to Max that it was time to say his vows.

“Elizabeth Parker, I have loved you since the day you took my hand, led me across the street and welcomed me into your world. I don’t even want to think about what my life would have been like if it weren’t for you. You have given me your friendship and your love, and you have been by my side since we were six years old. I may not know where I’m from, or how I got here, but none of that matters as long as I’m with you,” Max then slid the rings onto her left hand, tears shining in his eyes.

“Maxwell Evans, my whole life is wrapped up in you. Every memory, every moment you were with me, right by my side. And that’s just as it should be. Grandma was right, we were made for each other. And even though I know we are going to have an incredible future together, even the things I don’t know—they don’t matter—because you are with me. Just like always. I’ve loved you forever and I’ll love you always,” a tear ran down Liz’s cheek as she slipped the platinum band onto Max’s finger, smiling at its perfect fit.

“By the power vested in me by the state of Nevada,” the minister smiled and said, “I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may kiss the bride.”

Grinning from ear to ear, Max ran his fingers through Liz’s long, dark curls, pulling her tightly to his body, every happiness and emotion contained in that kiss. As their lips met, a thousand swirling images of their lives whirled round them from the time they were small to Max’s proposal that very morning.

The minister finally cleared his throat after several minutes, bringing Max and Liz back down to earth.

“Your wedding photos will be ready tomorrow,” the minister nodded to the wedding photographer who signaled that he had finished. “Good luck you two, but somehow,” the minister smiled, “I don’t think you are going to need it.”

“Thank you, sir,” Max and Liz shook hands with the kindly gentleman and gathered their signed marriage license which Max slipped in his jacket pocket. “We appreciate everything,” Max smiled. “And now, there’s one more picture we have to go take.”
~~~~~
As Max and Liz ran out of the hotel lobby, Max picked up Liz and twirled her around, overcome as he was with happiness that Liz had agreed to be his bride.

Taking her hand and leading her to the bridge that overlooked the hotel fountains, Max quickly looked for a passerby to take their picture.

Noting a tourist with a camera similar to their own, Max took their camera from his pocket, “Sir, do you mind?” Max smiled, hoping the young man would pause for a moment in his pursuits.

“Sure thing,” the tourist took the camera from Max’s hand. Max and Liz posed at the far railing, the sprays of water behind them creating a dramatic backdrop.

Checking the screen to make sure he had the shot, the young man handed the camera back to Max, “There you go, and best wishes for your marriage.”

“Thanks,” Max and Liz smiled.

Max then turned Liz, the beads of her wedding dress shining in the sunlight and water, “So where to now, Mrs. Evans?” he grinned

“Why, Mr. Evans, the honeymoon suite, where else?”
~~~~
Reaching their door, Max wasted no time with the hotel key card, instead quickly passing his hand over the lock, scooping up his bride in his arms and carrying her over the threshold giving her an intense, sultry kiss as he did so.

Though tempted to take his new bride to bed immediately, Max felt the need to put first things first, slipping his iPod into the stereo jack with Sheryl Crow’s “I Shall Believe” sounding from the speakers. Opening the doors to the balcony, Max led Liz in their wedding dance, moving slowly and tenderly to the rhythm. As the song played out, he reached in for a deeply passionate kiss. He eyes began to darken even in the Nevada sunshine as Liz led him back inside.

“Come here,” Liz sat on the edge of the bed and waggled her finger seductively, gathering her skirts to reveal the pearl-colored stockings fastened to a lace garter.

“Ah, the pleasures of marriage,” Max teased as he bent to unfasten the elastic straps.

“What you don’t want my heels poking into your backside?” Liz teased, recalling the last time she wore spiked heels and a garter belt.

“I learned my lesson the first time,” Max responded as he slid off her satin shoes, stockings and garter belt. “Come here and I’ll unzip you,” Max wrapped his arms around Liz, slowly sliding the zipper down her back, pulling the dress away to reveal Liz wearing a strapless corset and tiny white panties.

“Liz, you are beautiful,” Max was so overwhelmed at the vision of Liz in such finery.

“And you are very overdressed,” Liz slid the jacket from Max’s massive shoulders, loosened his tie, unfastened his cufflinks and unbuttoned his shirt.

He kicked off his shoes and socks, though it was Liz who reached for his belt buckle, wanting that pleasure all for herself as she stripped him of his slacks and boxers.

Max passed his hand over the back of the brocade corset, releasing all the hooks and eyes in a moment, pulling it away to reveal Liz’s beautiful breasts. Max ran his thumbs over the taut nipples, eager for his attentions.

Clad only in her sheer, white panties, Max laid Liz on the bed, placing sweet kisses on her mouth, her neck, her breasts, trailing down to the place where there was but one garment left to remove. Kissing down the length of her flat stomach, Max looked in Liz’s dark eyes as he came to the tiny scrap of fabric covering her.

Inch by inch Max pulled the panties from her body, kissing the delicate mound as he went. When he arrived at her dark furrow, his tongue peeked out from his lips barely grazing Liz’s clit hidden inside.

Liz nearly came of the bed as she cried out, her readiness for Max more than evident. Max’s tongue delved deeper into his wife’s depths, lapping at her sweetness, sliding in his fingers while his lips suckled at her clit.

Even though they had made love hundreds of times in these last months, there was always something new to discover, a new touch, a new sound, a new vision that revealed just a little more of what was to come.

“Max!” Liz pleaded breathlessly as she pulled at his shoulders, reaching still for the hard shaft she needed him to bury deep inside. Sliding her hand down his hard abdomen, her fingers trailed through his dark curls, to the base of his throbbing shaft, up the rigid length to the tip, glistening with his readiness. Her hand grasped Max’s hip as he poised between her slick nether lips, searching for his home within her warm walls.

She clung to him fiercely as he entered her, for the first time as her husband. The relief, the satisfaction that Liz felt as Max filled her, gave way to the sheer happiness she felt as he looked into her eyes, slowly filling her over and again.

Liz’s finger curled around the longer hair at the nape of Max’s neck, pulling him down to her for yet another passionate kiss, his engorged manhood thrusting into Liz slick heat, Liz’s hips rising to meet each plunge into her sweet core. Their fingers trailed frantic paths over each other’s bodies, leaving a wake of iridescence, rivaled only by the diamonds that now graced their fingers.

Max pulled Liz to him so they were face to face, her leg wrapped around his waist as they rocked together. His mouth descended to Liz’s nipple as his finger stroked her clit, sending shockwaves through her body. She kissed him passionately as her body teetered on the brink, one more swipe of Max’s thumb making her come apart in his arms. Her heat throbbed around him, causing Max to cry out and spill his seed inside her welcoming body.

More visions of their future played against the water dancing outside their window, moving in sinuous curves with orchestral harmonies. Catching their breath as their racing pulses began to slow, Max and Liz realized their thirst and looked around the room in hopes of finding something to drink.

The only beverage they could find was the complementary bottle of champagne that had been delivered to their room during the wedding. Max had already altered their driver’s licenses so they wouldn’t have any trouble securing the room, so as far as the staff was concerned, Max and Liz were over twenty-one.

Liz looked hopefully at her new husband, “What do you think, honey, just a little toast to celebrate?”

“You remember the last time we had champagne? Well, no, neither do I, but still, Liz, are you sure?”

“Max, we had two glasses each that time—I’m just suggesting a tiny little sip. I mean, we’re in our own room—what could it hurt?”
DestinyC's New Fic
"My Brother's Keeper"
destinyc
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) ch 63 4-11-09

Post by destinyc »

mirae01-It won't be too long.
Jan-I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.
Natalie-Of course!
Tamashii-The way I figured it, if Claudia has been healed so often over the years, there must be some residual effects.
keepsmiling-thanks!
XAF-Glad you enjoyed it.
Monica-Thanks so much!
Eve-Don't we all wish we had a little of that power!
Alien_Friend-Here we go!

Another big revelation in today's chapter!
~~~
Eight hours later
Liz awoke with a start, face down on their hotel bed. As she raised up from the sheets, a casino chip that was stuck to her cheek fell off with a plop, startling her.

Slowly pushing up from her position she looked down at herself, wearing a short, white, loose-fitting chiffon dress, the rounded collar adorned with rows and rows of silver bugle beads.

“Cute,” she muttered off-handedly, then looked toward the other side of the bed to see a very rumpled Max, also lying face-down on the bed.

Looking at her left wrist, where she expected her watch to be, Liz was surprised to find there instead a beautiful diamond bracelet. Crawling over to her husband, she looked to his wrist, finding there a new Breitling that curiously matched the color of his eyes.

Turning around from where she sat on the bed, Liz examined the room—buckets of casino chips and mountains of shopping bags and their overflowing contents came into view.

“Max,” Liz patted her husband’s backside, “Max, honey, wake up,” Liz was trying to piece together the events of the previous night. She remembered their wedding toast, where she had only the tiniest sip of champagne, a marvelous dinner at LeCirque, sitting under the billowing, colorful silks, and then she decided to try her hand at blackjack. After that, things got just a little bit fuzzy.

“Good morning, Mrs. Evans,” smiled Max, “Or should I say ‘The Little Whale from Roswell’.”

“Excuse me?” Liz retorted in surprised annoyance.

“A whale—a high roller—no offense, baby.”

“Where did we get all this stuff, all these chips?” Liz asked, beginning to panic.

“Well, we decided to try our luck at blackjack, and apparently you have a real aptitude for it,” Max explained, his hand propping up his head as he faced Liz.

“I didn’t--?” Liz’s face was stricken with the fear that somehow she had cheated her way into all her winnings.

“No, honey—nothing like that. You have a nearly photographic memory and an excellent number sense, all of which the casinos do tend to frown on, but, no, you won it all fair and square.”

“Ok, how is all this so clear to you, and I am only remembering bits and pieces? We just had the one sip; I remember dinner; I remember sitting down at the blackjack table,” Liz grew frantic trying to recall last night.

“You’re right—you only had one sip. We were just a little buzzed, but not too badly off. I think the real problem came when we were at the blackjack table and you ordered a virgin strawberry daiquiri which wasn’t quite as pure as one would hope.” Max explained that the cocktail waitress must have brought her the wrong drink by mistake, which seemed to increase Liz’s daring without impairing her gambling skills.

“So, we would stay at a table until the very burly guys with their crossed arms came to stand behind me, and then I’d lure you away with the promise of shopping. Prada, Valentino, a repeat trip to Tiffany’s--your sister-in-law would be very proud,” Max gently teased.

Liz’s face brightened, “Aww, that’s right, I have a sister-in-law now,” she grinned, “Anyway, go on,” she encouraged. “How did we get all this stuff back here?”

“Remember our limo driver from the airport, Stanley?”

“Oh, sure,” Liz responded.

“Well, I called him back and hired him for the night. When I couldn’t carry any more packages, I would call Stanley, and he would take them back to the limo. Don’t worry—I think last night’s tip will pay his mortgage for the month,” Max chuckled, “The concierge is going to help get all this stuff shipped back to Cambridge—he’ll also be getting a healthy tip.”

As Liz crawled closer to Max, the hem of her short dress started to rise, revealing her bare backside.

“Max, where are my panties?” Liz asked in concern as she struggled to remember.

“Probably somewhere on the Las Vegas strip—you threw them out the sunroof.”

“Oh My God—that’s right—we were very naughty in the limo, weren’t we?” Liz purred as she traced her finger down Max’s arm.

“Twice, in fact, plus a little *ahem* extra attention for me since I carried all your shopping bags,” Max laughed as he grabbed Liz around the waist.

“Max!” Liz feigned shock at Max’s tale of their wild night.

“Hey, you insisted! And anyway, I rolled up the partition between us and Stanley. He just kept driving around till I knocked on the window,” Max was shaking with laughter.

“And dancing, I remember we went dancing,” Liz tried to piece together the scattered memories.

“Yes, when we were at the MGM, you wanted to go to Studio 54,” Max could see Liz’s eyes go wide again with concern, “But—but, that was before you threw your panties out the window, so nobody saw anything they shouldn’t. I promise.”

“Good,” Liz heaved a sigh of relief, “But, Max, what are we going to do with all this?” Liz picked up a bucket of chips and plunked it down in front of them.

Max picked up a handful of chips, “Well,” he said, throwing down six chips on the bed, “There’s our rent for the next six years,” he tossed down another ten, “There’s our undergrad tuition,” he flipped another ten onto the stack, “Post-grad, and,” he emptied the handful onto the bed, “How about a couple dozen new microscopes for Seligman’s class, a few new computers for the library, something like that—cause I promise you, we are in serious need of some tax write-offs now,” Max smiled as his hands returned to Liz.

“And, by the way, we’ve got our room comped for tonight and free tickets to Cirque du Soliel,” Max added with a smile.

“That’s good,” Liz gave a wry chuckle, “I just hate that last night was such a blur.”

“Come here, baby—now don’t be too hard on yourself, ok?” Max warned before he connected with Liz.

“I promise—just help me out here a little,” Liz chuckled.

Max gently placed his fingers on either side of his wife’s head, looked her in the eyes, and showed her all the events of the previous night—the good, the bad, and the morally questionable.

Liz flopped back on the bed with an exasperated sigh, sending the casino chips clattering against each other.

Max scooted next to her and looked down at his new bride. “You promised you would not be too hard on yourself,” he gently admonished.

“I’m not,” Liz groaned, “Just reliving it reminds me how tired I am,” Liz laughed playfully.

Max helped her out of last night’s dress, cleaned up the chips and pulled the covers up around her. “Then it’s room service and a nap—my little card shark,” Max teased as he closed the curtains against the Las Vegas sunrise.
~~~~
Meanwhile back in Roswell
“Morning, Nancy,” Diane walked into the Crashdown, her wallet, keys, and a cardboard box in hand.

“Morning, Di,” Nancy sat a cup of coffee and a pastry in front of her friend. “What brings you out so early? I wasn’t expecting you till lunch,”

“Oh, I was out of the office yesterday afternoon and missed the mailman—I had to head over to the post office and pick up some registered mail,” Diane looked down at the box. “Hmm, the box is addressed to Max and Liz, in care of Phillip.”

Diane grabbed her keys and stuck a little-used one through the packing tape, tearing the rest of the tape off and wadding it into a ball. Pulling a letter from the top of the stack of magazines, she read,

“To the offices of Phillip Evans, attorney at law…blah, blah, blah…Enclosed are file copies for your records…Pacific Magazines retains the right to use additional photographs for which compensation will be forwarded to your agent…” Diane pulled the copies of Men’s Health from the box. “Huh, I don’t remember the kids saying anything about this magazine, maybe there’s an ad or something. Here, Nancy, you take one and I’ll take one, and will skim through till we find it.”

Diane, armed with the September issue, and Nancy with October’s began looking through the thick magazines in hopes of finding the pages that contained the photos they were searching for. As they each got about halfway through their magazines, they both gave an audible gasp.

“Oh.”

“My.”

“God,” they each said in turn, then looked with covert glances to the pass though they watched as an oblivious Jeff Parker continued his work at the grill. The two women hunkered down together and spoke in hushed tones.

“Did you have any idea?” Nancy whispered.

“Of course not,” Diane hoarsely whispered back, embarrassedly slapping her hand down over the magazine to cover her son’s bare backside.

Shoulders together over the counter, blocking Jeff’s view of what they were up to, the two women shared the same shocked and stunned expression.

Flipping through the magazines, they grew increasingly astounded as they turned each page.

“Oh my word! Who is that?” Diane screamed a whisper as she saw a picture of some blonde tart crawling onto the bed with Max and Liz.

With a furrowed forehead, Nancy looked over at the magazine Diane was holding. Squinting and looking closely at the page, a sudden awareness came over her, “That’s Liz! Look, she’s got the same birthmark on the bottom of her foot. It must be her,” Nancy insisted.

Scouring the pages of her own magazine again, Nancy inquired, “Does Max have a long, lost twin?” as she discreetly showed a page from the September issue to her friend, two Maxes and a Liz writhing on a bed.

“Not that I know of,” Diane gulped with wide eyes, “It must be some sort of trick photography.” Diane concluded. “I thought he was growing out his hair toward the end of the summer, now I guess we know why.”

“Pole dancing…strip tease…tattoos! My stars, they got tattoos!” Nancy fussed as she scanned another page.

As they came to the end of the layouts of each magazine, the two best friends looked at each other and bit their lips, “You ready for the last one?” Diane inquired with a cautious expression.

“As ready as I’ll ever be,” Nancy grimaced.

Diane pulled the November issue from the box, flipping to the now-familiar section of the magazine, standing shoulder-to-shoulder with Nancy, their backs to the pass through.

Wide-eyed gasps issued from both as they saw their children in an elevator, on a mountaintop, in a restaurant, in a pool…

“Do you think they’re really…?” Nancy whispered.

“It sure looks that way,” Diane responded as the two women looked at the pictures displaying Max and Liz’s intimacy so openly and explicitly.

Nancy and Diane turned to the last photo—a black and white photo of Max and Liz, absolutely bare, their backsides facing the camera as they seemed to meet their mothers’ gaze.

In this moment of stunned silence, Claudia burst through the kitchen door, “I hope there’s a cup of coffee with my name on it,” she called, making her way behind the counter.

Glancing furtively around to make sure their conversation could not be overheard, Nancy, whispered in a rasping voice, “Did you know about this?”

Claudia smiled wickedly, “I have autographed copies.”

“What the hell, Claudia!” Nancy spat out.

“Oh, calm down, you two. True, some of the photos are a little wild, but I think they did a wonderful job. They love each other, and that’s exactly what you see on these pages. They are still the same brilliant, hardworking kids you sent off to Harvard three months ago. Now, that being said, I’m sure they’d rather their daddies not see these photos if we can help it,” Claudia discreetly gathered up the copies off the counter.

“Claudia, these were file copies sent to Phillip. I have to show them to him--it would be a breach of contract if I didn’t!” Diane whispered fiercely.

“Just remind him of three little words, Diane,” Claudia instructed.

“I love you?” Diane replied confusedly.

Taking a healthy sip from her cup Claudia corrected, “Attorney-client privilege.”
DestinyC's New Fic
"My Brother's Keeper"
destinyc
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) ch 64 4-15-09

Post by destinyc »

Kate-Yes, Claudia is the best!
Jan-I really liked Claudia's sassiness.
TamashiiI tried to cover all the bases there.
Alien_Friend-If we could all be so lucky!
XAF-Thanks so much! I'm glad you're enjoying it.
Natalie-thanks!
Eve-They do think of everything
mirae-Yes, Liz is certainly a fortunate girl.
Monica-Yes, very cheeky (I do so love that word--must steal it)!
keepsmiling-quite the whirlwind honeymoon!

Hi guys!-Sunday's chapter will close "Every Picture Tells a Story" and I hope you have enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. Tomorrow, I will post a canon M/L one-parter that I wrote for the Roswell Heaven birthday celebration. I will also be having an author's chat there on May 9th from 6-8 pm central time. I hope to see you all there.
~~~~
Max and Liz thoroughly enjoyed a memorable evening out—a scrumptious meal, an amazing show, making love again when they returned to their room—they couldn’t have asked for a better honeymoon.
After arranging for the concierge to ship their purchases back home and cashing in their chips, quickly depositing their winnings via an ATM in the hotel, Max and Liz called Stanley to drive them to the airport.
~~~
“How long till your flight, Mr. Evans?” Stanley inquired as the loaded the couple’s luggage in the trunk of his limousine.

“A couple of hours,” Max responded, “And, Stanley, remember it’s just Max—Mr. Evans is my dad.”

Stanley chuckled, “OK, Max, straight to the airport?”

Max looked at his beautiful, young wife, wearing a short, flowing black dress, reminiscent of the white one she wore a couple of days ago. Fresh from winning a quick ten grand (hey, they wouldn’t let the Little Whale from Roswell go without a goodbye hand) she waggled her eyebrows and waved seductively at her handsome husband.

Taking a deep breath as his trousers began to tighten, Max smiled wickedly, “Why don’t you drive us around for awhile, I’ll knock when we’re ready.
~~~
Pulling into the Roswell city limits Tuesday night in their rented Hummer, Max and Liz looked at each other with hopeful smiles.

“Did you text everyone and tell them to meet us at the Crash?” Max asked nervously.

“Yep, your parents, Alex and Iz, and Michael and Maria are on their way as we speak,” Liz smiled as she breathed out.

“Well, at least we’re telling them tonight—that way if your dad kills me, at least it won’t ruin Thanksgiving.”

“He’s not going to kill you,” Liz playfully admonished. “If he tries, I’ll just have to blast him,” Liz commented lightly.

“Liz!”

“”Nothing fatal—just a flesh wound,” Liz joked, trying to calm Max’s fears.

They pulled the large vehicle, loaded with their extra suitcases, into one of the parking spaces at the edge of the restaurant, looking inside to see their family and friends, gathered inside.

“You ready?” Max questioned as he took his wife’s hand.

“Absolutely,” Liz replied with certainty, smiling warmly at her husband.

“Happy Thanksgiving, everybody!” Max and Liz called out over the tinkling of the bells against the doors. They greeted their moms, Grandma Claudia and their friends, noting that everyone except their dads were in the dining room.

Grandma Claudia was out of her chair in a flash, embracing Max and Liz.

“Congratulations, you two,” Claudia offered silently.

“Thanks for everything, Grandma,” Max replied as he kissed her cheek.

“You are a sneaky old woman,” Liz teased.

“You have no idea,” Claudia retorted.

As their arms went around Claudia, the diamonds from Liz’s ring reflected off the overhead light.

An audible gasp sounded around the room. Max and Liz immediately knew what had caused it.

Nancy and Diane rushed to their children as Claudia stepped beside Liz, “What’s this?” they exclaimed as they examined the rings.

Max and Liz took a breath before explaining, “We got married.”

“Friday night.”

“Las Vegas,” they each explained in turn.

“Well, I hope you know you’re going to have to do it all over again next month, in a church, so we can all see it,” Nancy chastised lightly as she hugged Max and Liz tightly.

“My baby boy,” Diane’s eyes started to well up as she embraced first Max and then Liz.

“I am in charge of the decorating,” Izzy called out as she rushed to greet the couple.

“Alex and I will be in charge of the music,” Maria called, bursting into happy tears as well.

“And I’ll be in charge of the bachelor party,” Michael called out as he slapped Max on the back.

“Michael, I’m not a bachelor anymore,” Max reminded.

“Fine then,” Michael groaned in disgust, “I’ll tie the cans to your bumper,” Looking out the windows Michael added, “Hey, is that a Hummer out there?”

“It’s a rental,” Max grinned, “I’ll tell ya’ later.”

“What’s all the hubbub?” Jeff inquired as he and Phillip brought the heaping platters of ham and side dishes into the dining room.

The room grew quiet as all eyes turned to rest on Jeff Parker.

“Jeff, honey, Max and Liz are married,” she held up Liz’s hand to show her husband the diamond ring.

“Huh,” Jeff shrugged his shoulders and nodded, “I figured as much,” he commented off-handedly as he sat the platter on the table.

“What?” exclaimed his disbelieving wife.

“Well, they have been joined at the hip since they were six. What did you guys expect?” added Phillip as he sat his dish of sweet potatoes on the table alongside Jeff’s.

“We always assumed they’d get married,” Jeff remarked as he looked toward Phillip.

“Congratulations, Max, Liz,” Phillip hugged each of the kids in turn.

“Well, you’ve got the marriage license and everything?” Jeff questioned Max.

“In my pocket, sir,” Max swallowed hard as Jeff eyeballed him.

“Well, son, then I guess you can stay here tonight,” Jeff nodded, pulling Max into a stiff embrace.

“Thank you, sir,” Max and Liz had a hard time holding their mouths in line, ready to burst out in laughter with the notion that Jeff was allowing Max to sleep in Liz’s bed for what, he presumed, was the first time.

“Do you need any more help getting the food on the table, Dad? We’ve got a lot to tell you tonight,” Liz said as she headed toward the kitchen, anxious to get everyone to the table and tell her parents their biggest secret of all.

As everyone made their way to either the kitchen or the tables, Jeff Parker whispered to his mother, “You don’t think she’s pregnant, do you?” he said with a concerned voice.

“No, son,” Claudia patted his hand to mollify her worried son, “That won’t happen for a few more years yet.”

Claudia took her place at the table as her son could only look on, mystified at her certainty.

Later that night…

“Well, that went as well as could be expected,” Max noted--since he and Liz were still in one piece, he counted the evening as a success.

“As no one called the sheriff or the FBI, I think we are doing OK,” Liz grabbed Max’s hand in hers. “I mean, they were a little upset that we had kept it from them for so long, but I think I scored some points when I healed the nasty burn Dad got from the deep fryer yesterday.”

“And your mom kinda’ dug the new paint job in the kitchen,” Max offered.

“Mom did threaten to show Dad the copies of Men’s Health if we kept any more secrets from her, though,” Liz grimaced.

“Yeah—I don’t quite know which is worse—your mom knowing I’m an alien, or your mom seeing my bare ass.”

“It’s a toss up,” Liz concluded matter-a-factly.

“Grandma helped, though,” Max added.

“Yeah, when your mother communicates with you telepathically and tells you to ‘shut the hell up’ I guess you have bigger problems than the fact that your son-in-law is an alien,” Max chuckled. “Hey, they were excited to learn that we have all our school and rent paid for in advance.”

“Mmm, I told someone to break out a deck, but no one was willing to play me,” Liz sighed wistfully.

“I’ll play you, Mrs. Evans,” Max turned on his side to face Liz.

“What are the stakes, Mr. Evans?” Liz purred.

“An article of clothing per hand,” Max suggested, his eyes darkening suggestively.

Liz gingerly pulled out a deck from the nightstand and placed it between them on the bed, “You shuffle—I deal.”
DestinyC's New Fic
"My Brother's Keeper"
destinyc
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Every Picture Tells a Story (M/L, ADULT) ch 65 4-18-09 Concl

Post by destinyc »

Tamashii-If we were all so lucky...
Mirae-I thought since Max and Liz had been worried for so long about Jeff's reaction, the funnier scenario would be for him to expect their eventual marriage. I'm glad you enjoyed the story.
Eve- Thanks for the fb! I hope you enjoy the finale!
Natalie-Thanks so much!
Dziumka-I'm glad you liked it! I'm kinda sad to see it go too.
Alien_Friend-Thanks for all you encouragement. I hope you enjoy my next story as well.
Ginger- I just knew you would!
keepsmiling-At least Jeff is let in on the secret now!

To all my dear friends who have followed the story--Thanks so much for your sweet feedback--it has really encouraged me to continue this story and now bring it to its conclusion. I will be having an author's chat on Roswell Heaven on May 9th from 6-8 p.m. central time. I really hope you guys will stop by for a bit. This has been a truly great expereince for me, and I have made wonderful friends while writing this. I hope you will be pleased at where Max and Liz have wound up, and rest assured that their happiness will continue for many years to come...

Ch 65- The Conclusion of "Every Picture Tells a Story"

Though Max and Liz returned the following month for a big, elaborate church wedding, so that their family and friends could feel as though they were a part of the celebration, Max and Liz always counted their November wedding day as their anniversary. And it was on that anniversary six years later that Max and Liz got an unexpected call from an old friend.
~~~

“Hello?” Liz answered, too distracted to look at the caller id on her phone. “Oh, wow, hi, Janelle! How are you and Nigel doing?”

Max looked on in puzzlement as his wife took the call. He and Liz were in his old room at the Evans’ house. They had decided that to keep the parents happy, they would trade off whom they would stay with on holidays. This Thanksgiving, it was Diane and Phillip’s turn to host the pair.

“Janelle, I don’t know when we’ll be available exactly. I mean we’ll be home for a couple of weeks next month and then again in early August. Max’s schedule is a little crazy right now,” Liz was trying to explain the rigors of his medical program to their former agent.

Max smiled at his beautiful wife as he stepped behind her and wrapped his arms about her, eager for her to finish her conversation, so that he could continue to make the most of their anniversary week.

“Ok, Janelle,” Liz finally consented, “Any location? Anytime we’re available? Well, I guess if Men’s Health wants another fantasy issue, who are we to argue? I’ll talk to Max and get back with you. I promise I will, Janelle. Give Nigel our best. Bye bye,” Liz switched the phone off and tossed it on the bed.

“Well, I guess you heard all that,” Liz looked over her shoulder at her husband, “Winter break, summer break—they didn’t care—just as long as we reprised our roles as their favorite fantasy couple of all time,” Liz smiled as her husband’s hands slipped under her shirt to glide over her smooth skin.

“She said the money was excellent. We could shoot it in December or August, whatever would work better for us…” Liz continued excitedly.

“Um, Liz,” Max’s face grew studious, then brightened as his hands lay against his wife’s tummy, “You remember what we were trying to do on this vacation?” he teased.

“Well, yeah,” Liz giggled coyly--she had stopped taking the pill last month, and in the time away from the demands of school, they had the opportunity to make love several times a day.

“If you want Nigel to shoot these pictures, it better be next month. Because come next August, you’re going to be a little busy,” Max grinned over her shoulder.

“Max?” Liz turned around to face him as she slipped a hand under her blouse, sliding her palm over her husband’s hands.

Pulling her blouse up, they looked in wonder as their hands began to glow, connecting with the tiny life inside her.

“We’re having a baby, Liz,” Max smiled at his wife, the tears welling in his eyes.

“Yeah, we’re having a baby,” Liz grinned in sheer bliss as another thought came into her head. “You know what else this means,” Liz was cut off as her phone rang once more that night.

Flipping it open, Liz smiled at her husband, who breathed a resigned sigh and shook his head, smiling at the inevitable.

“Maria, I bet I know why you’re calling…”

~~~~
Six and a half years later…

After Max completed his residency at Roswell Memorial and Liz finished her PhD in Las Cruces, life for the young couple and their two girls settled into a comfortable routine. Max and Liz were planning to try for a boy in the near future as well.

Janie (short for Janelle) who was almost six, and her three-year-old sister, Emma, were frantically running around their comfortable Roswell home, Max and Liz trying to pack for their trip to Santa Fe to see Grandma Claudia.

“Grab pillows, blankets, teddy bears--whatever you’re going to take,” Liz called out as she loaded up the Hummer. They had enjoyed the one they rented after their wedding, so when Janie was born, Max and Liz decided to purchase one for themselves.

Emma, with her straight, soft brown hair and dark eyes, tore all the pillows and blankets off her bed in an effort to find her ‘Pooh blankie’—the only item she really cared about taking on the trip anyway. She would have torn the cushions from the couch had not her daddy found the blanket in her doll’s stroller.

“Max, do you have the kids’ sleeping bags?” Liz reminded.

“Going to the garage right now,” he responded, because, of course, he already knew what she was thinking anyway.

Noticing that her oldest daughter was packing light, Liz inquired, “Not taking your pillow, Janie?”

“Dylan’s coming, right?” Janie was quite certain that her best friend had been invited, and Aunt Maria and Uncle Mike had said he could go—something about working on a little brother or sister for Dylan while he was gone for the weekend—but Janie wasn’t too sure.

“Of course Dylan’s coming,” Liz sighed, knowing perfectly well what Janie would say next.

Janie responded simply, “Then why would I need a pillow?”
~~~
As Max and Liz greeted Grandma Claudia with their special hugs, the children did the same, leaving Claudia feeling like she could run a marathon if she wanted to. She visited with her grandchildren and great-grandchildren, till the sun started to slant in from the west and Emma started to fuss. Max and Liz took her inside to the guest room to lay her down, but when they returned, they noticed another pair of sleepyheads had stolen their favorite spot.

Their daughter’s dark curly head lay next to Dylan’s—his blonde, spiky locks always unruly. His arm was wrapped around Janie’s petite body, and they had fallen fast asleep, her amber eyes and his brown ones closed under heavy lids. Max and Liz could only chuckle quietly as they witnessed their own story play out again.

Not wanting them to miss this moment—that picture of two young soul mates wrapped in each other’s arms, that scene they would witness for years to come--Grandma Claudia whispered to Max and Liz as they stepped out of the patio door, “Go get my camera.”
DestinyC's New Fic
"My Brother's Keeper"