Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) 4/17/09 [COMPLETE]

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 8 10/07/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Title: Hindsight
Author: SpiderGirl
Disclaimer: I own nothing. Roswell belongs to Fox.
Rating: This is mature. If this isn't your thing then don't read it.
Summary: Things go wrong. They go about as wrong as they possible could and it takes someone with hindsight to try and make things right.
Pairing: Future Max/Future Liz, Mi/Maria, Isabel/Alex, Future-Present Liz/Max. I know that last one sounds odd but trust me all will be explained.

A Note: That's ok Eve. I found it funny more than anything! :lol:
Chapter Nine
Michael got home and it was quiet, he'd learnt so much today and even though it had been scary it had opened his eyes. Maria and him were now together and he was going to do everything to make her happy, he was going to give her his world just like she'd said.

But now that he was back home at his trailer and his world was so small and it wasn't a happy one, how could he give that to Maria? He needed to make himself better so he could make her happy, he needed a job and needed to get out of this place. He didn't want Maria to see this dump

“Where were you?” Hank demanded, he looked up and was surprised to see him standing there. He was even more surprised to see a trendy woman just reaching her forties standing right next to Hank

“Oh, is this your son?” she asked warmly

“Yeah... my son Mickey”

“My name's Michael” he answered roughly “Lady, what are you doing with a drunk, child abusing, lazy slob like him?”

“Michael! That's a laugh...” he chuckled nervously “The kid's got a great sense of humour”

“Hank was telling me about he looks after you and how he encourages you to do your best in school”

“What's going on? Who are you? Hank doesn't do any of that stuff. I don't know what tales he's been spinning to you but that's absolute crap”

“Michael... why don't you go to your room so me and this nice lady can talk. You can do your homework before dinner”

“Are you going to throw ingredients at me and demand me to make you a meal again?”

“You threw stuff at him?” she gasped incredulously, Hank laughed and shook his head before a little too roughly playfully rubbed Michael's hair

“He's got a real funny sense of humour. I've never thrown stuff at him” he announced

“It was last night!” he protested

“Mr Whitmore" began the woman “I don't think that this home is a suitable environment for Michael”

“No it is. It is, he's just messing” he said trying to back track

“Michael, my name is Annie Brooks. I'm a social worker and I'm coming to check up on some complaints neighbours made. I think that it'd be best if you were removed from this home and taken back into care”

“What? No! I don't want to go into care! I'll be separated from all my friends and family! I don't want to leave my brother and sister!”

“Brother and sister? My records show that you're an only child here” she said as she picked up a folder and flipped through it

“Max and Isabel, they're my brother and sister” he announced “When I was found in the desert they were found a week before. I was out there for a full week... I remember them. I remember walking around holding their hands. We're triplets”

“That is something I have to check on... but for now I think you better get your stuff and come with me”

“Where are you taking me?” he asked

“Back to the care home. There should be an available bed tonight and tomorrow we'll discuss what we're going to do” she said, Michael grabbed all his stuff and shoved it in his backpack

“Fine, I'm ready to go. I want to get the ball rolling on becoming emancipated tomorrow” he said “I need to turn my life around. I want to get a job to better myself and support myself”

“That's good Michael”

“Wait! What about me?” asked Hank “Will I still be getting the cheque each month?”

“No. You won't... and if we find out that the money wasn't spent on giving Michael and good and happy life then you'd have to pay it back”

“You can't do that” he cried

“Oh we can and will. You'll be hearing from us Mr Guerin, let's go Michael” she said then ushered him out of the trailer to her car. Michael stared at the car before grinning widely, suddenly everything clicked into place.

Michael slid into the passenger seat as Annie Brooks climbed into the driver's side and started the car. After five minutes Michael couldn't help it, he'd kept the charade up long enough

“So where are we really going Langley?”

“How did you know it was me?” asked 'Annie' with a smirk

“That car. It was the same one you were driving before, I remembered”

“Smart. We're going to my hotel room and tomorrow... we'll look for a place for you. I hear Liz is looking to move out. Maybe you could get a place with her since she is your sister in law?”

“Sounds like a plan... and Langley?”

“Yeah?”

“Thanks” said Michael warmly. He never imagined how fast things would change for the better, he was glad that Max healed Liz... he was glad that she'd brought so much hope in his life.

She looked round the place and nodded in appreciation, she tested all the doors for thickness and sturdiness. She checked the windows to see how easy they were to open and lastly she made sure that there was another way to get out if people were coming in the front; there was a fire escape at the back of the building. Liz nodded

“This place is good” she told the realtor, her dad was standing by the doorway and despite agreeing to his he was still upset that she wanted to move out of her childhood home “I'll start moving my stuff in after school”

“After school?” he gasped “Don't you want to wait a bit?”

“Why?” she asked him blankly “I need to be free to come and go whenever I want... and I need to tell Michael... he needs to get out of that place” she wandered off talking to herself, making plans

“Michael?”

“Yeah, I want Michael to come and live here with me”

“But what about Max?” he asked incredulously, the realtor just watched the two of them with interested eyes.

“What about him? Michael's my brother, I'm not leaving him to Hank anymore. I don't want that monster using my brother as a punching bag or target practice. Besides, I have no chance with Michael... he's madly in love with Maria”

“Okay... I'll sign for this place and you better get to school” he said finally before a smile played on his lips, he added “You have a lot more people relying on you now than me and your mother... your highness” Liz was smiling as she left the building and went downstairs to find Max waiting for her in his jeep

“Morning!” he couldn't believe she was so cheerful when she'd been close to breaking down the night before. She climbed into the jeep and startled him by learning over invading his space. Their lips touched and his eyes fluttered close, his hand rose up to tangle in her hair and hold her there, the kiss deepened and he lost all sense of time and place. Stars exploded behind his eyes and he got brief flashes of all the times from her line that they'd made out.

She pulled away and he just sat there dazed, she couldn't help but giggle at how he rubbed his fingertips over his mouth “You want me to drive?”

“Oh uhh... yeah, school, yeah” he stumbled as he started his car and drove them both to school.

Without a second thought Liz climbed out of the jeep, grabbed her bag and held out her hand for Max. He just stared at her in disbelief

“Are you coming?”

“No, I want to talk to you first...” he began she could tell he was nervous so she quickly slid back into the passenger seat

“Is it about last night?”

“No. Yes.... Look Liz, I really care about you... a lot. You know this... but you're married”

“Yes I am... I'm married to you” she answered him but he firmly shook his head

“No, not to me. To the Max from your time line... I'm not him Liz and as much as I love you I don't want you to be with me just because we're the same person. He's got all these years on me and knowledge I don't. Can you really be happy with me? I'm not the guy you married, I don't want you to have to settle”

“Max... whether you're forty three years or sixteen years old you'll always be my husband. I fell in love with you when we were both sixteen and nothing can change that. Yes I am married but that's in the future... it hasn't happened yet”

“But it has for you... I don't want you to hate me for not being the same...”

“Max” she whispered stopping from talking “I got married to you when I was nineteen. I love you... all versions of you, no matter what. For now... we're not married, I guess we'd have to start over... that's if you'll have me. I'd like to be your girlfriend”

“I'd like that too. Of course I'd have you, I'd be crazy not too” he replied slowly leaning in to brush his mouth against hers “Now let's go to class”

“One day Max... one day we'll be married” she said as he helped her down from the jeep

“Yeah... one day. Just not today” he linked fingers with her and walked into school.

He paced the floor of his room, he'd been up all night pretty much pacing... his mind was too full for him to get any rest. He'd seen through her eyes, he'd seen everything and how Max had saved his life when he got shot. He saw the death of his father... hell even his own death! He saw how close he became with Isabel when they were on the road, he even saw how Alex died and what Tess made him do. As soon as he got in and saw his room he had to hit the bathroom to throw up... someone died in his room. No, he thought... someone will die... he shook his head. The worst part about it was he felt like he lived it, like it had already happened. He felt every emotion, every thought she felt and it was driving him crazy; he didn't want this knowledge in his head!

His alarm rang and he glared at it, it stopped abruptly and slowly began to melt. He backed away and wanted to curl up in the corner but someone knocked at his door

“Kyle?”

“Dad” he greeted him as his dad came in

“How you doing?”

“I couldn't sleep... been awake all night” he replied and Jim nodded, Kyle flopped down on the bed brushing his hair back with his fingers

“Me too” said Jim “Do you want to talk about it?”

“No” his son shook his head “I don't. Dad... is all that really going to happen?”

“I hope not” he said with a sigh “That's why she came back though, that's why she used the Granolith to come back here so all that wouldn't happen. I'm going to help her, whatever she needs me to do in order for that crap... to stop it then I'm there”

“Dad...” he began “I'm there too... I would have died if it weren't for them... I will die if things don't get changed... all of Earth. Whatever she needs me to do then I'll be there to help her”

“Good, I think you should get ready for school now” he said finally and Kyle sighed

“It's insane to be thinking about school... I feel like I should be training or building my powers up to fight so we have a better chance”

“Powers? You haven't got them yet, you're not been healed” he pointed out, Kyle just pointed at his alarm clock

“I don't know how it happened but I have powers now. You think that Liz did something to me during that connection thing yesterday?”

“I don't know... I don't know how this works, you can ask her when you see her at school. Does it bother you?”

“No, I thought it would but it doesn't. It just means I can protect myself and the people I care about like Isabel and... oh my God. Alex!”

“That wasn't your fault, she mindwarped you”

“But still... how am I going to face him? How can I even hang around with him knowing that I was the one who carried out his body?”

“Kyle... it wasn't your fault. You were being controlled”

“But I knew what she could do! I should have fought against her! I shouldn't have let her do that to me!” he was becoming hysterical

“Son, it wasn't your fault” Jim grabbed him by the shoulders and tried to make him believe it. Kyle started to cry and all Jim could do was hold him as he sobbed

“I'm sorry dad. I'm sorry that I did that”

“Hey... shhh. If you want I'll call the school and we'll both just stay here and talk about it today, if you want”

“No, dad, that's okay” he sniffed and wiped his nose with the back of his hand “I need to talk to Max and Liz... I'm going to ask if I can go with Langley, now that I know I have powers I want him to help me strengthen them so I can protect my family”

“Okay” he said with a nod, Jim said nothing about Alex going too and that Kyle would be around him most of the time; he figured that his son had realised that and bringing it up would only upset him more.

Kyle drove to school just in time to see Max and Liz walking in holding hands, he wasn't surprised to say the least and the anger and jealousy he'd felt over Liz dumping him had gone away; he knew that they were meant to be together and they'd end up together no matter what he did. From what he saw in the future he'd gotten close to Isabel but there wasn't really anyone in his life; he'd died a single and lonely guy

“That's not going to happen to me. I'm not dying without someone to love and miss me” he said to himself.

“Yes, hello is this Laurie DuPree?” asked Kal as he sat in his hotel room. Michael had stayed with him last night and he'd gone on and on about how he wanted to rescue Laurie because she was like a sister to him. Much to his annoyance Kal found himself on the phone to her aunt and uncle in Tucson

“She's not here at the moment... who can I say is calling” asked the woman, presumably Meredith

“I'm a old family friend of her grandpa's... I was just wondering if I could talk to her?”

“I'm sorry but Laurie isn't well. She's staying at Pinecrest Psychiatric Institute until she gets better” said Meredith intent on that being the last of it and he could tell she was about to hang up

“Meredith isn't it? My name is Kal Langley and I have a few bits of information that you might find interesting”

“Are you trying to black mail me Mr Langley?”

“You're lucky that I'm doing just that because if I had my way I'd remove you from the picture entirely. Now, I know that you're paying the good people at Pinecrest to say that Laurie is crazy so you can stay at her grandfathers house which was willed to her after Charles DuPree passed away”

“That's nonsense”

“I have all the details in front of me. I want you out of that house by five pm this afternoon and I want Laurie DuPree released and on a place to Roswell New Mexico as soon as possible. If either of those terms fails to come to pass then I'll go to the authorities with what you've done then I'll be coming after you”

“And what do you get out of it?” she asked coldly

“All I want is it get Laurie away from people like you. My original offer stands, I'll be sending my people to make sure you're gone” he said then hung up.

He sighed deeply then lit up a cigar, it was all he needed! Another person to look after, he'd have to let her stay at his place until she was well enough to move back home. With Michael being there, he could look after her, she was related to him after all. She could be Michael's problem.

He got up and shifted into a button down white collar business man, grabbed his brief case and headed to West Roswell. He was going to sort out a training program for gifted students; mainly Michael, Maria and Alex... he wouldn't be surprised if some of the others wanted to come too but he was only going to have space for four people now that Laurie would probably be staying with him for a short time. He was quickly running out of rooms in his big Los Angeles house that he'd prided himself for maintaining; God only knew how those 'kids' were going to ruin it on him.

Jeff quietly shut the door to their apartment behind him and crept in. He didn't want to disturb Nancy, she'd been so upset about Liz moving out; she'd be furious knowing that he'd put down the deposit for a place for her. At least it was only a few blocks down the street and if she ever needed her parents then they wouldn't be too far away... but if was the key word there.

“You found her a place didn't you” he stopped short and saw Nancy sitting on Liz's bed folding her clothes that had been scattered round “Jeff, are we doing the right thing?”

“I don't know, Nancy, I don't know. But what alternative do we have? If we don't support her on this then she could make a big mistake and this is much bigger than missing a rent payment or forgetting to pay a bill”

“I know. It's still not fair that our little girl has the weight of two worlds on her shoulders! How can she handle the pressure?”

“Because she's our daughter and we raised her to do just that. I'm proud of her Nancy, so very proud of her and I think we did a really good job” he said as he sat down next to her “Not only does she become end up marrying a king but she works hard in trying to save the planet. She's mastered time travel and travelled to another world... she's given so much and if that isn't worth of being proud of then I don't know what is”

“But she shouldn't have to do those things. It's not fair on her”

“I know but it's her choice. Some things were out of her hands but I have a feeling she wouldn't have traded the bad times because then she'd have to trade everything and the good outweighed the bad. She had a happy life and she had people who loved her and now... she's got the chance to make everything right. She's got another chance to turn the bad things around and have nothing but good. That's what you want for her isn't it?”

“Yes it is. After what she's been through she deserves it... the only thing that bothers me is that if she succeeds then she'll still remember all the bad stuff”

“We can't do anything about that. We can only support her and make her memories happy instead of bad”

“Okay” she nodded

“I think I better tell you this now... after Michael is all trained up she wants him to live with her”

“What about Max?”

“What about him? She said Michael was her brother and wanted to protect him from Hank his foster father. Besides from what I saw last night when we saw her memories Michael is a pretty stand up guy... if he's the one to make Maria Deluca an honest woman then he's got more than bravery needed”

“You're right there. I'm going to miss Maria when she's away... when they come back we have to hire Michael to work in the kitchen. He's going to need money to support Maria and the twins” she said “God! They haven't even got together yet and I'm already talking about their kids!”

“I know. It feels like all that's happened doesn't it, even though none of it's even started I feel like I've been through all those years. I hope that this time I get to give my little girl away when she gets married”

“You will do” she said finally with a warm smile “Now why don't you go and keep an eye on the cafe so I can actually get this folding done” he took the hint and headed back downstairs.

TBC...
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) A/Note 22/07/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Summary: Things go wrong. They go about as wrong as they possible could and it takes someone with hindsight to try and make things right.
Pairing: Future Max/Future Liz, Mi/Maria, Isabel/Alex, Future-Present Liz/Max. I know that last one sounds odd but trust me all will be explained.
Chapter Ten
It was quiet and that wasn't how she normally behaved. He opened the door to her room that was little more than a padded cell and found it empty. Again.

“God Dammit!” he roared “Get security! Laurie's gone again!” the girl had her own standard procedure because she was running off so often, how she even got out was beyond them because every time she was brought back they increased security on her room.

After the good doctor was gone Laurie dropped down from above her door, the great thing about her room being so small was that she could climb up and hold herself above the door with her hands on one wall and her feet on the opposite one. They usually left the door open after discovering she was 'gone' and then she would make her escape; it had always worked because they were always looking for her elsewhere.

She crept out of her room, down the hall and carefully climbed out the window dropping two storeys then sprinting flat out across the yard towards the fence. She was up and over it before anyone realised that the window had been opened!

Laurie hid in the bushes as she changed her clothes with a flick of her wrist, ever since before she could remember she could do things that other people couldn't; she'd never shown anyone because her aunt and uncle had locked her up claiming she was insane when she wasn't, God only knew what they'd do to her if they found out she was different.

“Are you going to crouch there all day or are you going to get in the car and get out of here?” asked a strong, smoke worn voice. She looked up to see a middle aged man with greying blonde hair wearing an odd hat staring at her expectantly

“Who are you?”

“My name's Joey Ferrini and I work for a Mr Kal Langley. He's asked me to fetch you from Pinecrest, it turns out you have family in Roswell... you have a brother”

“A brother? Wait? How do I know I can trust you?”

“Because your brother and my employer are both alien like you... like your grandfather was” he explained “Now do you really want to stay here or do you want to come with me? I know what you are and I know that at any time you could get away from me if you so wanted to”

“Give me some proof” she demanded, he sighed and pulled out a picture and handed it to her

“This is your brother Michael Guerin” he explained and she went pale. Without another word she slipped the photo into her newly made pocket and got in the car

“I'm ready to go to Roswell” she said calmly and he nodded, climbed in and started the engine. Within minutes they were under way on their journey to Roswell.

Laurie still didn't know if she could trust the person driving but it was true that she could use her powers to defend herself and she wanted to meet this Michael person who looked like a mirror image of her grandfather and claimed to be her brother.

“Why Roswell?”

“I don't know. All I know is that my boss called me up and told me I had to pick you up, I didn't expect you to be breaking out. Made my job easier though”

“How did he know about me?”

“Apparently this Michael guy, your brother, and his friends knew about you. He wanted to get you out of Pinecrest; he knows all about what your aunt and uncle were doing”

“Then why not go to the police?”

“I think it's because he's alien... but much more so than you. From what I gather you're only alien because your granddaddy had his genes jiggered way back when... your brother is a hybrid”

“How do you know so much about it?”

“I listen. That's the thing in this business. You gotta listen!” he said “If you don't then you don't get nowhere. I heard all about his intel gathering, hell I even did some myself... I know enough about the Roswell Aliens”

“So there's more of them... not just my brother?” she couldn't help but ask, if she had family... family that actually cared about her well being then she wanted to know all about them

“Technically Michael is like a cousin to you... he's in the foster care system but he claims that two other kids, who were adopted, are his brother and sister”

“Who are they? Do they look like my family too? Like my grandparents”

“I don't know. All I know are their names, Max and Isabel Evans” he told her, he was getting tired of twenty questions and wished she'd shut up so he could concentrate on the road and get there quicker so he could hand her over and get paid.

“And they're aliens too? Are there anymore?”

“Well there's Liz... I'm not sure exactly what she is because she's supposed to be human... but she has powers enough to time travel. I don't think she's related to you. You'll find out when we get there, but for now why don't you get some sleep or something?”

“I don't want to. You might do something to me while I'm sleeping, I don't trust you but you're taking me away from that awful place and I'm not going to let my guard down just because you're helping me”

“Wise, kid, very wise” he said “Well then shut up. I want quiet while I'm driving”

“Fine” she said then snapped on the radio. He glared at her before putting his eyes back on the road; at least she wasn't asking him questions.

“I'm going to miss you!” said Liz as she hugged her best friend, then she hugged Michael pulling Alex close too “And the two of you! You're like brothers to me!”

“We'll miss you too Liz” said Alex

“Yeah, what he said” Michael added his mouth turned up at the corners. Kal just stood there looking annoyed that he'd have to put up with these kids. Laurie stood in the background fluttering nervously after being dropped off by Joey, Kal's lackey.

“Wait! Wait!” called Kyle as he came running over carrying a hold all “I want to go too”

“I'm not surprised” said Liz when he reached them “I already asked Kal if it was okay for you to go. He made arrangements and made a space for you... figured now that you have powers you'd want to be with your own kind” she said as she linked fingers with Max

“How did you know I had powers?” he asked as he tried to get his breath back

“Perk of being part alien, I could sense you” she replied with a smile “You better go, it's going to be a long drive to Los Angeles”

“I'll call you and email you... everyday” Alex said as he said goodbye to Isabel

“You better” she said trying to not cry “I'm going to miss you. Be careful”

“You too” he said, then kissed her softly before getting in the car.

Maria and Michael were already sitting the back, Kyle squeezed in the back of the car with them while Laurie squeezed in next to Alex while Langley drove. They'd have to make do until they got to the private airport where Kal's jet was sitting waiting for them

“I'm going to miss them” said Max and the two girls nodded “All of them... even Kyle” which brought a chuckle

“I should be going home” said Liz

“We'll drive you” said Isabel, she was still a little emotional and didn't want to part from her brother and one of her closest friends just yet.

They got in the jeep and headed to the CrashDown. Instead of parting ways, all three of them got out and went into the cafe; since Maria was going to be away for a while Liz was taking over her shifts. Isabel had offered to help out, mainly to keep her mind off Alex being gone, but Liz had shook her head saying she could handle it.

“Yo! Yo! Yo! Isabel Evans!” called Tommy Hoag “You're looking mighty fine today, if I must say so”

Isabel completely ignored Tommy, walking past him like he wasn't there and sat down in a booth with her brother sitting opposite.

Liz went into the back to get changed for work, a few minutes later she emerged as she tied her apron round her to see Tommy sitting at the same booth of Max and Isabel. He couldn't sense that they didn't want him there and if he could then he was clearly ignoring it as he tried to get into Isabel's pants

“Come on... just catch a movie with me... that's all I'm asking”

“No. I'm with Alex now, I'm not going anywhere with anyone else even if it is just a 'movie'. No thanks”

“Well are you doing anything on Friday? We could go to UFOnics”

“Didn't you just hear her?” Max snapped, annoyed that this guy was trying it on with his sister right before him “She doesn't want to go anywhere with anyone, least of all you”

“I'll let her decide thank you”

“You should listen to my brother... I'm not interested in you”

“Why? I'm a good looking guy and you're a hot girl. I know a lot of girls who'd give their right arm to catch a movie with me”

“Then why don't you bug them” said Liz as she came to take their orders. She'd caught the tale end of the conversation but had figured out what Tommy wanted

“Funny Parker” he said curtly, then smirked as his eyes rove up and down her figure “Feisty... maybe you want some of my time”

“Don't flatter yourself, I'm spoken for and with a much better guy”

“Who? Whose better than me?” he feigned surprised, looking almost hurt

“My boyfriend Max” she nodded at Max and Tommy scowled

“You and Parker are shacking up? I thought she was with Kyle”

“Kyle couldn't even compete” Liz replied honestly, the smirked mischievously “You've got no chance. Not with me, not with Isabel and certainly not Max. I'm sorry but he just doesn't swing your way”

“Screw you I'm not gay!” he stood up sharply “Want me to prove it, darlin?” he drawled looming closer to her. Max saw red and jumped up quickly to punch Tommy's lights out but Liz got there first, she grabbed his arm spun him round twisting his arm up his back then kicked him in the back of the knee so he yelped in pain

“People who try and molest the waitresses here aren't welcome” she said as she escorted him, limping from the cafe “I suggest you go off and cool down before you come back for seconds”

Max was smirking at her despite being a little worried about her; he was glad that she could protect and defend herself but he was a little upset that she hadn't needed him. His pride as a guy was slightly bruised

“Very impressive” he said as he wrapped his arms around her waist

“Well it helps that I can look after myself. When we were in Ohio you and Michael encouraged us girls to take defence classes... Kyle even convinced us all to take some classes on relaxation and therapy...”

“I remember” he replied “I remember from when you showed me. Since you know all this stuff maybe you can teach me and Isabel? Since Michael, Maria, Kyle and Alex are away training and for protection maybe we could get in some training too?”

“Do you want to do that tomorrow?” Liz asked both of them and Isabel nodded

“Sure...” she answered then looked at her watch “Max, we should be getting home... oh have you asked Liz about dinner?”

“Dinner?” she asked as a smile spread across her face

“My parents want to meet you. Maybe after we've had a lesson tomorrow you could come back with me?”

“I'd like that... I'm going to be busy later on tonight” she explained “I'm taking some of my stuff over to my new apartment”

“New apartment?” asked Isabel

“My parents let me move out. I told them that I'd need space for Czechoslovakian related emergencies if they ever arose and we'd all need a place to hide out if things got bad” Isabel said nothing but she was sure that both Max and Liz had the same idea in mind and it had nothing to do with things going bad.

“Max, I'm going to wait in the jeep” she said not wanting to see their soppy goodnight; she was partly upset that Alex wasn't here for that. She was already missing him.

Max softly brushed his mouth against Liz's and she sighed against him as flashes from the happy part of her life flashed against her eyes but the strangest thing was that they came from him; that's what he thought about when he was near her and he was a little embarrassed for her to discover that.

“I'll see you tomorrow at school, goodnight Liz” he said and they he was gone. She sighed and got back to work... she had a few more hours before her shift ended then she'd be packing and moving stuff to her new apartment.

They had arrived late at Langley's so it had been the consensus to just head to bed. Kal had stalked off disappearing as soon as he'd explained to, his housekeeper, Consuela that they'd be staying with him for a while and that they should be shown to their rooms.

Naturally, she'd shown them to their rooms, each of them had a room to themselves. All of the kids had been fine with that except the tall gruff scruffy haired boy and girl with short blonde hair; they'd demanded that they room together so after consulting with her employee they'd been given the large guest bedroom at the end of the hall.

It had been relatively quiet since that and she'd finished her sweep of the kitchen and gone to bed; Consuela had only heard their names through their conversation and now she was trying to memorise them. Michael and Maria were the couple who'd argued about being separated, Kyle was the shortest boy while the tall and lanky boy was Alex and lastly the other girl was called Laurie... from what she gathered about the last girl was that she'd been through something awful and it was having quite an effect on her enough to make her withdrawn from the group. She didn't know why but she had a feeling that these kids would be around for a while and they had something to do with where Kal Langley came from.

Kyle couldn't sleep, he'd been awake for the past two hours and sleep just hadn't come. His mind just wouldn't go to sleep and he'd thought non stop about his powers; he was a little worried because the night before he hadn't slept at all and tonight was looking to be the same. He'd never stayed up all night two days in a row and he was worried this would affect him.

“Is this an alien symptom?” he wondered aloud, he sat up and sighed. Maybe because he was in Los Angeles and maybe it was because he was staying in a really big expensive house with the most famous director in all of Hollywood.

He looked out the window at the pool below and wondered if a swim would help, he hoped Kal wouldn't mind him going for a swim in the middle of the night. He got changed into his trunks and left the room only to stop when he heard strange desperate moans coming from the room next to his. Thankfully he knew that it wasn't Maria or Michael engaged in extra curricular activities on their 'foreign exchange student trip to Sweden' because they were in a room down the hall back they way he'd come. No, the room before him was Laurie's room. He knocked on the door and when there was no answer he opened it a crack to see Laurie thrashing about on her bed in the midst of a violent dream.

“Laurie? Are you okay?”

“Nuuuuooo” she groaned, before yelling “NO!” he didn't know if it was just sleep talk or if she was actually answering him. Kyle came further into her room “No! Please don't let them take me away! I'm not crazy! Antarians! Evil Antarians! They're going to come and get me! Nicholas! No! Stop! Leave her alone! Vilandra! No! ZAN! Please aunt Meredith... they're just dreams...”

“Laurie?” Kyle whispered as she tossed and turned; he recognised those names from the flashes Liz had given him the other day. It seemed like an eternity ago that he'd stood in the desert with her and the others. Somehow Laurie had dreams... “You're dreaming... wake up”

“Zan, you can't trust him... Kivar...” her head rolled from side to side as the dreams seemed to pick up in intensity “Kivar. Kivar! NOOOOOOO!” she screamed jerking up in bed with a loud scream. What ever she'd been dreaming about had scared her and it had come as no surprise to him because he'd been shown exactly what a monster Kivar was.

As soon as she jerked up in bed her arms had grabbed for the closest thing to her which had been Kyle. She burst out crying as she clung to him and he could do nothing but hug her back trying to soothe her

“It's okay, it's okay” he said calmly as he stroked her back

“He was torturing me! He killed Zan and Ava, Vilandra was an accident and he was torturing me!” she sobbed

“It's okay Laurie... I've got you. You're safe”

“Laurie?” she sat back looking at him in surprise then it slowly dawned on her “Oh... it was a dream”

“Are you okay?” he asked and she nodded, she was wide awake now and she had a feeling that she would be for a while; with the effect of the dream scaring her enough to avoid laying back in bed

“Yeah” she answered quietly “What are you doing up? I didn't wake you did I?”

“No, I've been awake for ages. I was going to go for a swim when I heard you talking in your sleep”

“Oh... thanks” she said quietly

“What were you dreaming about?”

“You'd probably think this is silly but for as long as I could remember I dreamt that I was this man who lived on a dusty desert planet. I was called Rath and I was best friends with the King...”

“Laurie...” he began instantly knowing that she had Michael's memories, even though he didn't know how that was possible “Do you know why you're here?”

“Because Michael's my brother. That's what Joey told me when he was driving me to Roswell” she stated, apart from a brief conversation with Michael on Kal's private jet she hadn't really started to get to know her brother “And I'm part alien...”

“It's more than that” he said with a sigh, then looked distantly at her door “You want to go get some ice cream or something?” he asked and she nodded.

The two of them headed downstairs and sat in the kitchen eating ice cream they'd raided from Kal's freezer.

“A long time ago on a planet called Antar. There were four people called the Royal Four, they were Zan, Ava, Vilandra and Rath”

“Wait, you mean what I dreamt about is real?”

“Yeah... I'll get to that. I didn't exactly get told this story, I got shown it by a really incredible girl called Liz”

“She's alien too? Right, like me... and you?” she asked as she dipped her spoon in the tub and got more of the frozen desert

“In a way yeah she is and this is the only time I'll refer to myself as alien, I am too” he nodded “Now can I tell my story?” she smirked at him as he was trying to be all serious; she couldn't help but think he was cute like that. She gestured with her hand for him to continue

“Anyway what I know is that a bad guy called Kivar came and killed them. They were recreated by a cloning process... they were recreated as alien human hybrids, human donors were chosen as part of that process. Your grandfather was one of them; he's Michael's donor... I think somehow he was given Rath's memories and they were passed down to you. It's possible that whatever your aunt and uncle did to you... the meds you were given brought them out for you to remember”

“Then I should be human. If my grandfather wasn't an alien but human then how can I do the things I can do?”

“You can do stuff? Like what?” he asked, she set her spoon down on the counter held her hand above it and it changed bending and twisting before it returned to it's original shape “That's alien right?”

“Yeah... it is... look I don't have all the answers. A few days ago I didn't even know aliens existed now I'm staying with them and I'm becoming one”

“What happened?”

“Well about a week ago my ex girlfriend got shot. A few days ago she gathered us all together and she showed us events that happened over thirty years from now into the future; apparently she'd come back from the future using a machine. I think she did something when she showed me... but now I'm part alien. I came here to get a handle on my powers so I can protect my family”

“Wow. For someone who hasn't known long you're doing really well” she commented, he smiled ducking his head as he got more ice cream from the tub

“Thanks but because Liz showed me I have all these memories in my head. I even saw how I would die if things continued down that path. It's like I've got the same insight into what's to come and I want to be strong”

“What's Michael like?” she asked casually changing the subject a little

“Michael?” he repeated “Well I don't really know him. From the memories Liz gave me I know that he died trying to protect Maria and their children. I know that he saved you from your aunt and uncle... heh in that time line. He found out what they were doing; he and Maria blackmailed them and put a stop to it”

“It's strange knowing that someone actually cares about me. Heh, it's even stranger knowing that it's an alien. My own family who are mostly human don't give a damn about me”

“Well you have a chance to be apart of Michael's family and from what I know it's a pretty good one”

“So Michael and Maria get married and have kids in the future? She'll be my sister in law” she mumbled “What's Maria like?”

“She's Liz's best friend and incredibly loyal if not a little wacky but she suits Michael well and I have a feeling she'd be a really good sister in law”

“I get why they're here and I get why you're here but what about the other guy?” she inquired and his mood darkened suddenly and somehow she knew that this was a rough subject for him

“Alex” he said quietly, he got scooped up more ice cream and fell quiet “He's here for safety. In a few months a girl called Tess comes to Roswell. She essentially uses her powers against him until his mind is completely destroyed... she then used her powers on me making me think his body was luggage and got me to drag it out to her car”

“My God!” she gasped “So he can't go back to Roswell?”

“Not until he's learnt how to protect his mind from her. That's why he's here, Langley's going to teach him”

“Can you do what Liz did? You said she showed you what's going to happen? Can you show me what she showed you?” she held out her hand, he looked a little apprehensive

“I don't know if I can” he said honestly, looking at her she was very pretty with her blonde hair and blueish green eyes “I don't want to hurt you. I don't have any control over my powers yet”

“Please... just try. I want to know what will happen... what would have happened; I'm assuming things that would have happened are being altered by Liz. That was her whole reason for coming back, wasn't it?”

“Yes it was” he nodded his head. He sighed then took hold of her hand and focused on the memories she'd shown him in the desert, Kyle sent them to Laurie's mind and he got flashes of her life. How happy she was living with her grandpa even though he was descending into isolation and craziness then her sadness when he died and finally her suffering at the hands of her aunt and uncle who became her legal guardians.

When the flashes were over, Kyle opened his eyes to see Laurie with tears streaming down her face. They were still holding hands despite the connection between them being closed

“My God” she gasped, Kyle got up and just pulled her into his arms “Promise me you won't let that happen”

“I promise” he said “I'll do anything to make sure that doesn't happen”

“I don't want you to die” she whispered through her tears, he rested his cheek against her head as she buried her face against his chest “You all fought so hard...”

He pulled back to brush her tears away from her cheeks; from the flashes he'd shown her she felt like she knew him. She wanted to protect the boy before her and she wanted him to protect her like he'd protected Isabel after Alex had been killed and they'd fled Roswell. Honestly, Laurie felt such waves of jealousy at how much Kyle cared for Isabel but she had no idea why because it certainly hadn't come from the very source of the memories. Liz had been happy that Kyle and Isabel had been able to depend and care for one another when they were travelling and avoiding the law after running away.

Kyle couldn't stop staring at her; that was the whole problem with flashes and sharing memories. You gained insight in their lives and made you feel like you knew that person as well as you knew yourself. He felt he'd known the girl in front of him all his life and all he wanted to do was to make her tears stop. He leaned forward slowly giving her time to react but she gasped and leaned closer to him; she knew what he was going to do and she wanted it as much as he did. Their lips brushed for a scant second then they jumped apart quickly when they heard a throat clearing.

Kal was standing in the doorway looking annoyed that they were awake, wasting his electricity and eating his ice cream

“Don't you people ever sleep?” he snarled. The two of them quickly packed the ice cream away, washed their spoons and hurried back upstairs all the while Kal glaring at them. Once they were gone, he got out the ice cream and sat at the counter enjoying the frozen treat; he loved how cold it was on his tongue... it was one of the few sensations he got from food and he loved it!

Laurie was quiet as she walked up the stairs, in fact both of them were. Kyle was cursing himself for being so weak to try and kiss her; she'd been through crap and he'd taken advantage of her! While Laurie was trying to gather up the guts to tell him she'd enjoyed their very brief 'almost' kiss and that she was afraid of sleeping alone and that she wanted him to stay with her.

When they reached the corridor outside of their rooms both stood there awkwardly, not wanting to part company just yet and trying to think up of something to say

“Kyle”

“Laurie” they both said each other's name at the same time then both laughed nervously

“You go first” Kyle said, she sucked in a deep breathe then blurted out

“Kyle will you sleep with me!” his eyes went wide and he choked on his breathe “No... I didn't mean... I meant will you stay with me. I don't want to sleep alone” he just nodded, coughing loudly trying to catch his breathe. She patted him on the back until he could breathe normally again “What did you want to say?”

“I wanted to apologise for trying to kiss you. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you when you were crying and I'm sorry”

“You're forgiven only as long as you hold me and keep me safe. I want you to protect me like you did with Isabel...” she mumbled

“I can't do that” he said boldly and she looked down, feeling ashamed for asking and being rejected

“I understand” she quietly replied, turning to go into her room. He stopped her by grabbing her arm

“I can't do that because Isabel is just my friend” he said just as quietly. She looked up as tears filled her eyes once more “You look beautiful when you're on the verge of tears” he whispered to her. She nodded. She took his head and led her into her room; they laid down together and he held her close. She felt safe in his arms and he chased her nightmares away.

TBC...
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) A/N 08/08/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Eleven
He pulled back to brush her tears away from her cheeks; from the flashes he'd shown her she felt like she knew him. She wanted to protect the boy before her and she wanted him to protect her like he'd protected Isabel after Alex had been killed and they'd fled Roswell. Honestly, Laurie felt such waves of jealousy at how much Kyle cared for Isabel but she had no idea why because it certainly hadn't come from the very source of the memories. Liz had been happy that Kyle and Isabel had been able to depend and care for one another when they were travelling and avoiding the law after running away.

Kyle couldn't stop staring at her; that was the whole problem with flashes and sharing memories. You gained insight in their lives and made you feel like you knew that person as well as you knew yourself. He felt he'd known the girl in front of him all his life and all he wanted to do was to make her tears stop. He leaned forward slowly giving her time to react but she gasped and leaned closer to him; she knew what he was going to do and she wanted it as much as he did. Their lips brushed for a scant second then they jumped apart quickly when they heard a throat clearing.

Kal was standing in the doorway looking annoyed that they were awake, wasting his electricity and eating his ice cream

“Don't you people ever sleep?” he snarled. The two of them quickly packed the ice cream away, washed their spoons and hurried back upstairs all the while Kal glaring at them. Once they were gone, he got out the ice cream and sat at the counter enjoying the frozen treat; he loved how cold it was on his tongue... it was one of the few sensations he got from food and he loved it!

Laurie was quiet as she walked up the stairs, in fact both of them were. Kyle was cursing himself for being so weak to try and kiss her; she'd been through crap and he'd taken advantage of her! While Laurie was trying to gather up the guts to tell him she'd enjoyed their very brief 'almost' kiss and that she was afraid of sleeping alone and that she wanted him to stay with her.

When they reached the corridor outside of their rooms both stood there awkwardly, not wanting to part company just yet and trying to think up of something to say

“Kyle”

“Laurie” they both said each other's name at the same time then both laughed nervously

“You go first” Kyle said, she sucked in a deep breathe then blurted out

“Kyle will you sleep with me!” his eyes went wide and he choked on his breathe “No... I didn't mean... I meant will you stay with me. I don't want to sleep alone” he just nodded, coughing loudly trying to catch his breathe. She patted him on the back until he could breathe normally again “What did you want to say?”

“I wanted to apologise for trying to kiss you. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you when you were crying and I'm sorry”

“You're forgiven only as long as you hold me and keep me safe. I want you to protect me like you did with Isabel...” she mumbled

“I can't do that” he said boldly and she looked down, feeling ashamed for asking and being rejected

“I understand” she quietly replied, turning to go into her room. He stopped her by grabbing her arm

“I can't do that because Isabel is just my friend” he said just as quietly. She looked up as tears filled her eyes once more “You look beautiful when you're on the verge of tears” he whispered to her. She nodded. She took his head and led her into her room; they laid down together and he held her close. She felt safe in his arms and he chased her nightmares away.

They all seemed in unison as they moved about Kal's kitchen making breakfast for themselves. She'd offered but Maria, the perky short blonde, had waved her off. Michael was busy cooking while Kyle and Laurie were shyly working together to lay the table. Alex was getting plates out intent on passing them to the nervous couple setting the dining table when Kal came down

“Mm, that smells good, Consuela” he greeted her and she just smiled

“Well then thank the chef” she replied nodding at Michael

“Okay we've got egg in the hole for Maria, three fry ups for Alex, Laurie and Kyle, toast and cereal for Kal... I didn't know what you wanted. There's plenty of bacon and egg left and Consuela I hope you don't mind but I made you a Spanish omelette” he smiled warmly

“Thank you Michael” she replied, she was a little surprised but all of them sat down together to eat breakfast.

“So when does training start?” asked Maria as she tucked into her egg in the hole and helped herself to some bacon

“I'm going to call and arrange for a martial arts trainer to come and teach you all basic defence and offence. He should be here by tomorrow by the earliest and as for the other stuff... I'll teach you that later” he purposely glanced at Consuela and they understood that she didn't know that she was dining with aliens and he wanted to keep it that way “You have the morning to yourselves. Consuela, I'm not going to need you today so you can go home, your pay won't be affected”

“Thank you, sir” she smiled; today was starting out to be a really good day!

“As for the rest of you. You can do what you want as long as you stay on the property and away from my office until four o'clock. I'm going to be pretty busy until then and I don't want to be disturbed. At four I'll start on teaching you”

“Cool” said Alex “You don't mind if I go on your computer in the downstairs parlour?”

“No, knock yourself out... but I think considering that computers got you into the problem were Tess wanted to kill you I think it'd be best that you play about in the pool or something” Kal suggested the entire group went quiet and Alex went pale. Consuela just wondered what was going on, was that why they were all here? Were they some young group of really talented hackers that were being targeted by someone? She guessed that Alex could have been but none of the other kids seemed to fit the bill. It would continue to puzzle her until she figured out why they were here and where they'd come from; Kal Langley was the last person who'd willingly put up kids in his house. Hell, she knew he couldn't stand kids and most of the films he made had nothing to do with children whatsoever!

After breakfast was finished they all got up without being asked and did the dishes, even Kal seemed surprised by this and the two of them just watched the five of them work as a perfect team moving around each other with ease like they'd done this a thousand times before. When they were done, they disappeared upstairs to get changed into their swim wear but only Alex, Laurie and Kyle came back down and went out to the pool.

Maria sat down on the bed, even though Alex and Kyle were like brothers to her Michael had gotten possessive when he'd seen her standing there in her bikini and refused to let her leave their room

“No way am I letting my wife go out like that! They'll look at you”

“Of course they will... they do have eyes, SpaceBoy” she replied with a smirk, enjoying his possessiveness and the fact that he'd addressed her as his wife. He didn't seem aware that he'd called her that, all she knew was that he was highly jealous and highly turned on, especially seeing his eyes darken “Michael... Michael...”

“Maria” he replied just as breathlessly as he crawled over her and she lay down

“I'm not ready for...that... not yet” she said fearfully then realised this was Michael, he'd give his life to keep her safe, he would never hurt her!

“I'd never do anything you weren't ready for” he whispered and her eyes fluttered shut; the situation seemed dangerously charged and she was distantly aware that she was just wearing a bikini and he was just wearing swim trunks “I'd never hurt you”

“Michael...” he moaned his name breathlessly and it drove him crazy just hearing his name spilling from her lips. He leaned down kissing her softly, she froze for a moment before she welcomed him to deep the kiss and she arched up against him.

He broke the kiss for air then rolled to the side pulling her into his arms as they started making out on the double bed. He pulled away from her mouth and nipped along her jaw and neck; a brief flash appeared in his mind and somehow he knew that Liz had seen them make out during some random heat wave in the cafe after it was closed.

“Maria...” he pulled away breathing heavily “I think we should go out to the pool now... otherwise I'm not going to be able to stop” he couldn't even look at her as she lay there flustered in the thing bikini; he could practically smell her arousal and it was driving him insane

“Yeah, yeah” she nodded just as breathlessly agreeing with him. They went down keeping their distance from each other as they descended the stairs; unbidden Michael got an image of taking her on the stairs. He knew that one day when they were old enough to be together he'd make that fantasy come true.

As soon as they got outside he dived into the pool thankful that the water was cool against his heated body. Maria wandered over to the chair next to where Laurie was sunbathing; she'd borrowed one of Maria's other bikinis and was now sitting in the sun

“Have fun?” she asked with a smirk seeing how flustered Maria was and she spotted the hickey now forming on Maria's neck. Maria sat down on the chair next to her with a smile and said nothing.

The guys were mainly goofing off in the pool together; Alex rolled his eyes as Michael kept trying to show off for Maria and Kyle kept surreptitiously glancing at Laurie. He'd woken up early enough to see Kyle sneaking out of Laurie's room and heading back to his own; he was glad for his new friends but he missed Isabel a lot

“Guys, I'm going to call Isabel and see how they're all doing. I think she should be at lunch at the moment” he got out of the pool and went inside.

At the mention of Isabel's name Laurie couldn't help but feel her jealously rear it's ugly head and Maria noticed her scowl

“You're jealous of Isabel” she commented, then guessed why Laurie would be jealous “Wait... so you like Alex?”

“No. I don't like Alex... I mean I do, just not in the way you and Michael like each other”

“Then who... Kyle?!” she gasped with an excited grin “You like Kyle!” she practically shouted it just as Kyle was trying to show off by doing a professional dive off the board. When he heard Maria he lost his balance and ended up slamming into the water on his belly. Michael winced for the shorter boy

“That must have hurt” he mumbled

“Kyle!” cried Laurie and she jumped into the pool to make sure he was okay. Kyle came up for air and groaned in pain but it was forgotten as Laurie quickly swam over to him and began feeling for injuries; she had no idea what effect she had on him. Michael just scowled realising that his sister like Kyle and that Kyle liked her; it wasn't that he didn't trust Kyle... it's just no one would be good enough for his sister and he was going to make it clear that if Kyle wanted to date her then he'd have to get his permission.

“Laurie, I'm fine. Just a belly flop” he said trying to allay her fears. Honestly, he wanted her hands off him because they were playing havoc with his teenage hormones

“Hey Valenti!” called Michael and pushed some water at him, it was meant to be playful but he put a little power behind it. It backfired and a wave hit both Laurie and Kyle.

“Way to go Michael!” cried Laurie as she retrieved the top half of her bikini which had come off due to the force of the wave. Kyle had gone bright red

“I'm going to go to my room for a bit” he said as he climbed out of the pool, then added under his breath “And take a very long, very cold shower”

“I'm watching you, Valenti!” Michael called trying to sound intimidating but considering what Kyle had just said; he suspected that the taller boy had heard him and he... wanted to watch him

“Whatever you weird pervert. Stick with Maria” he said “Leave me alone”

“Michael! Why did you do that?” demanded Laurie

“Because you're my baby sister and I have to protect you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you” he replied sounding sincere

“You don't want anything good to happen to me either!” she snapped “I'm a big girl and I'm two years old than you. I was locked up for years at Pinecrest and now I finally find someone whose nice and caring and you treat him like crap! You know Kyle... do you think he'd ever hurt me? Do you really think I could do any worse?”

“No” he said, looking down feeling well and truly told off

“If he does anything I don't want then I'll come to you and you can kick his ass but until then let me decide what and who I want” she climbed out of the pool and went after Kyle.

Maria got up from her chair and sat down at the edge of the pool. Her legs dangled in the water and she held out her arms

“Michael, come here” she ordered him warmly. He waded over to her and she held him close, his head resting against her stomach and she stroked his hair

“She hates me” he stated, she just shook her head

“She doesn't hate you, Laurie doesn't know you. I know you want to look out for her but that wasn't the way. She just needs to get to know you and deciding you know what's best for her isn't the way to do that. What you need to do is find something she enjoyed doing and do it with her... like she said she's been locked up at Pinecrest for a long time so she's missed out on a lot of things. Why don't you teach her to drive or something or even ask her about her grandpa? That's something you have in common; you're his clone and she's his granddaughter”

“Are you sure that would work?”

“I know so. But for now just give her some time to cool down” she said then she slowly slid into the pool “She's right you know, she could do a lot worse than Kyle Valenti”

“Grrr” he growled, even though he knew that both Laurie and Maria were right. Didn't mean he liked it.

They all seemed in unison as they moved about Kal's kitchen making breakfast for themselves. She'd offered but Maria, the perky short blonde, had waved her off. Michael was busy cooking while Kyle and Laurie were shyly working together to lay the table. Alex was getting plates out intent on passing them to the nervous couple setting the dining table when Kal came down

“Mm, that smells good, Consuela” he greeted her and she just smiled

“Well then thank the chef” she replied nodding at Michael

“Okay we've got egg in the hole for Maria, three fry ups for Alex, Laurie and Kyle, toast and cereal for Kal... I didn't know what you wanted. There's plenty of bacon and egg left and Consuela I hope you don't mind but I made you a Spanish omelette” he smiled warmly

“Thank you Michael” she replied, she was a little surprised but all of them sat down together to eat breakfast.

“So when does training start?” asked Maria as she tucked into her egg in the hole and helped herself to some bacon

“I'm going to call and arrange for a martial arts trainer to come and teach you all basic defence and offence. He should be here by tomorrow by the earliest and as for the other stuff... I'll teach you that later” he purposely glanced at Consuela and they understood that she didn't know that she was dining with aliens and he wanted to keep it that way “You have the morning to yourselves. Consuela, I'm not going to need you today so you can go home, your pay won't be affected”

“Thank you, sir” she smiled; today was starting out to be a really good day!

“As for the rest of you. You can do what you want as long as you stay on the property and away from my office until four o'clock. I'm going to be pretty busy until then and I don't want to be disturbed. At four I'll start on teaching you”

“Cool” said Alex “You don't mind if I go on your computer in the downstairs parlour?”

“No, knock yourself out... but I think considering that computers got you into the problem were Tess wanted to kill you I think it'd be best that you play about in the pool or something” Kal suggested the entire group went quiet and Alex went pale. Consuela just wondered what was going on, was that why they were all here? Were they some young group of really talented hackers that were being targeted by someone? She guessed that Alex could have been but none of the other kids seemed to fit the bill. It would continue to puzzle her until she figured out why they were here and where they'd come from; Kal Langley was the last person who'd willingly put up kids in his house. Hell, she knew he couldn't stand kids and most of the films he made had nothing to do with children whatsoever!

After breakfast was finished they all got up without being asked and did the dishes, even Kal seemed surprised by this and the two of them just watched the five of them work as a perfect team moving around each other with ease like they'd done this a thousand times before. When they were done, they disappeared upstairs to get changed into their swim wear but only Alex, Laurie and Kyle came back down and went out to the pool.

Maria sat down on the bed, even though Alex and Kyle were like brothers to her Michael had gotten possessive when he'd seen her standing there in her bikini and refused to let her leave their room

“No way am I letting my wife go out like that! They'll look at you”

“Of course they will... they do have eyes, SpaceBoy” she replied with a smirk, enjoying his possessiveness and the fact that he'd addressed her as his wife. He didn't seem aware that he'd called her that, all she knew was that he was highly jealous and highly turned on, especially seeing his eyes darken “Michael... Michael...”

“Maria” he replied just as breathlessly as he crawled over her and she lay down

“I'm not ready for...that... not yet” she said fearfully then realised this was Michael, he'd give his life to keep her safe, he would never hurt her!

“I'd never do anything you weren't ready for” he whispered and her eyes fluttered shut; the situation seemed dangerously charged and she was distantly aware that she was just wearing a bikini and he was just wearing swim trunks “I'd never hurt you”

“Michael...” he moaned his name breathlessly and it drove him crazy just hearing his name spilling from her lips. He leaned down kissing her softly, she froze for a moment before she welcomed him to deep the kiss and she arched up against him.

He broke the kiss for air then rolled to the side pulling her into his arms as they started making out on the double bed. He pulled away from her mouth and nipped along her jaw and neck; a brief flash appeared in his mind and somehow he knew that Liz had seen them make out during some random heat wave in the cafe after it was closed.

“Maria...” he pulled away breathing heavily “I think we should go out to the pool now... otherwise I'm not going to be able to stop” he couldn't even look at her as she lay there flustered in the thing bikini; he could practically smell her arousal and it was driving him insane

“Yeah, yeah” she nodded just as breathlessly agreeing with him. They went down keeping their distance from each other as they descended the stairs; unbidden Michael got an image of taking her on the stairs. He knew that one day when they were old enough to be together he'd make that fantasy come true.

As soon as they got outside he dived into the pool thankful that the water was cool against his heated body. Maria wandered over to the chair next to where Laurie was sunbathing; she'd borrowed one of Maria's other bikinis and was now sitting in the sun

“Have fun?” she asked with a smirk seeing how flustered Maria was and she spotted the hickey now forming on Maria's neck. Maria sat down on the chair next to her with a smile and said nothing.

The guys were mainly goofing off in the pool together; Alex rolled his eyes as Michael kept trying to show off for Maria and Kyle kept surreptitiously glancing at Laurie. He'd woken up early enough to see Kyle sneaking out of Laurie's room and heading back to his own; he was glad for his new friends but he missed Isabel a lot

“Guys, I'm going to call Isabel and see how they're all doing. I think she should be at lunch at the moment” he got out of the pool and went inside.

At the mention of Isabel's name Laurie couldn't help but feel her jealously rear it's ugly head and Maria noticed her scowl

“You're jealous of Isabel” she commented, then guessed why Laurie would be jealous “Wait... so you like Alex?”

“No. I don't like Alex... I mean I do, just not in the way you and Michael like each other”

“Then who... Kyle?!” she gasped with an excited grin “You like Kyle!” she practically shouted it just as Kyle was trying to show off by doing a professional dive off the board. When he heard Maria he lost his balance and ended up slamming into the water on his belly. Michael winced for the shorter boy

“That must have hurt” he mumbled

“Kyle!” cried Laurie and she jumped into the pool to make sure he was okay. Kyle came up for air and groaned in pain but it was forgotten as Laurie quickly swam over to him and began feeling for injuries; she had no idea what effect she had on him. Michael just scowled realising that his sister like Kyle and that Kyle liked her; it wasn't that he didn't trust Kyle... it's just no one would be good enough for his sister and he was going to make it clear that if Kyle wanted to date her then he'd have to get his permission.

“Laurie, I'm fine. Just a belly flop” he said trying to allay her fears. Honestly, he wanted her hands off him because they were playing havoc with his teenage hormones

“Hey Valenti!” called Michael and pushed some water at him, it was meant to be playful but he put a little power behind it. It backfired and a wave hit both Laurie and Kyle.

“Way to go Michael!” cried Laurie as she retrieved the top half of her bikini which had come off due to the force of the wave. Kyle had gone bright red

“I'm going to go to my room for a bit” he said as he climbed out of the pool, then added under his breath “And take a very long, very cold shower”

“I'm watching you, Valenti!” Michael called trying to sound intimidating but considering what Kyle had just said; he suspected that the taller boy had heard him and he... wanted to watch him

“Whatever you weird pervert. Stick with Maria” he said “Leave me alone”

“Michael! Why did you do that?” demanded Laurie

“Because you're my baby sister and I have to protect you. I don't want anything bad to happen to you” he replied sounding sincere

“You don't want anything good to happen to me either!” she snapped “I'm a big girl and I'm two years old than you. I was locked up for years at Pinecrest and now I finally find someone whose nice and caring and you treat him like crap! You know Kyle... do you think he'd ever hurt me? Do you really think I could do any worse?”

“No” he said, looking down feeling well and truly told off

“If he does anything I don't want then I'll come to you and you can kick his ass but until then let me decide what and who I want” she climbed out of the pool and went after Kyle.

Maria got up from her chair and sat down at the edge of the pool. Her legs dangled in the water and she held out her arms

“Michael, come here” she ordered him warmly. He waded over to her and she held him close, his head resting against her stomach and she stroked his hair

“She hates me” he stated, she just shook her head

“She doesn't hate you, Laurie doesn't know you. I know you want to look out for her but that wasn't the way. She just needs to get to know you and deciding you know what's best for her isn't the way to do that. What you need to do is find something she enjoyed doing and do it with her... like she said she's been locked up at Pinecrest for a long time so she's missed out on a lot of things. Why don't you teach her to drive or something or even ask her about her grandpa? That's something you have in common; you're his clone and she's his granddaughter”

“Are you sure that would work?”

“I know so. But for now just give her some time to cool down” she said then she slowly slid into the pool “She's right you know, she could do a lot worse than Kyle Valenti”

“Grrr” he growled, even though he knew that both Laurie and Maria were right. Didn't mean he liked it.

Liz had worked tirelessly setting up her furniture in her new place. There were a lot of boxes scattered around and all she'd been able to do was put the draws back in the units and put her bed up. She put some clean sheets on her bed then sat down looking around the empty room; she would get used to it when everything was here and she'd been there for a few days but for now she was extremely lonely.

Frantically she looked round then got up and opened her front door stepping outside for a moment, she sighed with relief just at the ability of being able to leave her apartment. Being imprisoned for ten years was taking it's toll on her. She went back in then sat down and turned on the TV thinking that would be some distraction but it wasn't. The room seemed to close in on her and she felt claustrophobic; she grabbed her coat and left quickly.

It was dark out and deep down she knew that she shouldn't be walking the streets of Roswell late at night because even though it was a small place it still had serious crime. But she couldn't help it... before she'd came here almost a week ago, had it been that long ago, she thought to herself, she'd been imprisoned near enough every day for ten years. Liz didn't think she'd ever have the chance to be free... she needed the open space even more than she needed her apartment and she needed to be around people.

Without realising she'd walked clear across town, her feet carrying her to the one place she knew she'd be welcome regardless of the time; she just needed to see him. When she'd been on Antar, even though she couldn't see him because they were kept separate, just knowing he was there nearby was enough to soothe her and make the whole nightmare bearable.

He was asleep when she got there, she stood at his window leaning against his window ledge in his room watching him sleep. Liz just didn't have the heart to wake him; she sighed deeply knowing she couldn't stay here. This was a different time and he was just a kid to her. Suddenly the door to Max's room creaked open and Isabel was standing there

“Hey” she whispered quietly so as not to wake her brother

“Hey” Liz whispered back, she glanced at Max one last time then followed Isabel down the hall to her room. They sat down on the taller girl's bed and Isabel pulled the covers up over both of them

“Want to talk about it?”

“Not really...” she began then looked up at her “I got scared... In the new apartment by myself. It made me think of being in my cell on Antar”

“Liz...” Isabel gasped, she could see Liz was trying to hold back her tears

“It's stupid. I was being stupid”

“No you weren't” Isabel snapped; how could she even think like that “You have every right to be scared and frightened... you're probably the only person who truly has that right. What happened to you... you lost everything”

“Please... don't” she begged her. She didn't want to hear it or relive it “Don't talk about it?”

“So you can pretend it never happened? We all died, Liz, you lost everything! Your home, your family... your babies”

“No! Please! I'm begging you don't talk about it!” she was openly crying “I failed you all! I'm sorry! Oh God Isabel I'm so sorry! I should have fought harder! I shouldn't have given up when Kivar came to Earth! I just- I just didn't know what to do!”

“Liz, look at me” Isabel ordered her and she looked up through her tears “Don't you realise just who you are?” Liz shook her head “You're a saviour! The most strongest, bravest person on Earth, Antar or anywhere else! You've been through hell and you're still strong”

“But I wasn't strong enough” she protested

“No, maybe you weren't” Isabel agreed with a nod “But you knew that, didn't you? That's why you came back. Now you don't have to deal with the weight of both worlds on your shoulders”

“I don't?” she sniffled still very emotional

“No, of course you don't. You have us now... we'll share your pain and help you with everything we've got. You have your family back and we'd do anything for you, I'd do anything for you”

“I'd like to sleep” said Liz, it was such a simple request and a little odd to Isabel but from the memories she'd gotten when Liz was imprisoned on Antar she knew that Liz hardly got a full night's sleep. She was too afraid to fully rest half the time and she was tortured and abused by guards the rest

“Lie down” said Isabel. They both lay down in the bed, Liz wriggling closer to her for protection and safety. The taller girl linked fingers with the shorter who raised a brow questioning what she was doing “I'm going to protect you in your dreams” Liz just nodded and they both closed their eyes. Isabel could sense nightmares starting in Liz so she quickly did her best to alter the dreams, she changed the scenery to something she'd been thinking about ever since Liz explained and show her how much Alex meant to her

“Congratulations Alex! Congratulations Isabel... Mrs Whitman!” chuckled Liz in the dream world

“Thanks Liz!” said Isabel hugging her sister in law. They were both happy.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 11 11/08/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

A/Note: I, sadly, lost the parts I'd written for Storm and Hindsight when my laptop died. I lost a lot of the stuff I'd been working on :cry: ... so I'm going to try and do my best and finish these off from memory.
Chapter Twelve
He didn't exactly know what to think about finding his sister and his girlfriend in bed together the next morning. When he woke up he could sense Liz nearby and went to find her. She was fast asleep curled up next to Isabel and they both looked content; he knew that something important must have happened between them and whatever Isabel had done for Liz he was sure that his soulmate was much better off for it.

"Liz, Isabel... it's time to wake up" he gently shook them awake; it was one thing for him because he knew it must have been something alien related but it would have been an entirely different matter if either of his parents found them.

"Max?" Liz whispered, she looked up and saw him standing there. It took her a moment to realise that it wasn't Max from her time line but Max age sixteen; she couldn't help but feel heartbreak at the sight of him. Yes she loved him no matter what age but she had a lifetime with the other Max, her Max, so it just wasn't the same.

"It's morning Liz... do you want me to drive you home?" he asked but she shook her head as she sat up

"No, that's okay. I think I'll run home, it's been a while since I've had a good run" she replied with a smile, he'd never seen her content since she'd come back from her timeline. She got out of the bed, pulled on her shoes then paused in the window "Could you pick me up later for school? I'll see you later!" and then she was gone.

Liz arrived home and quickly got changed, she felt so well rested and happy. It had been such a very, very long time since she'd felt that emotion; with all her friends and family around her it was easy to temporarily forget of that horrible future, her past, that she had lived through. She could forget for a while but it was something that would always be with her.

She altered her clothes using her powers to the fashion and style she knew as we comfortable for her. She had baggy combat pants on, combat boots and a beige camisole and her hair tied back. Looking herself over in her mirror she looked every bit the army brat she had learnt to be. Once she was ready she hurried out and down her stairs to wait for Max and Isabel to pick her up.

"Things are changing... I can feel it" he mumbled

"What's changing?" asked the soldier guarding him, Kjou had been the soldier assigned to protect the King. He was the only bodyguard visible, the rest were all hidden

"Time, reality. I can feel them breaking down. I need to go to the Granolith chamber" he said

"But sire, we're going to the War Room to meet with Kathana, Sero and Larek. It's important we go there" Kjou tried to remind him, Larek had been pretty adamant that it was important the King get there. Since he got into the throne room and forced his bad memories of ten years of torture on Kivar he'd just wandered like a lost soul, almost as if he was empty

"I am so very empty... I can't remember things" he said desperately then suddenly turned and hurried down the corridor. Kjou watched as the walls seemed to bend and flicker, he hurried after Max wondering if they were under attack. But it was quiet, too quiet, like nothing was wrong at all.

Max entered the chamber housing the Granolith and everything else seemed to disappear. He grabbed a crystal just as the soldier stood near the door vanished

"What's happening?" Kjou cried, he'd never seen things like this happen before; he didn't know how to fight against it the way his king seemed to do

"Time to go. Hahahaha time!" Max laughed as he put the crystal in the slot "You should come with me. I don't know if it'll work but if you stay here you will cease to exist"

"Cease to exist?" he repeated, Max placed both hands on his bodyguard's shoulders and they were both sucked inside as the fabric around the Granolith seemed to tear. Within seconds there was a flash and they were gone just as everything vanished completely.

"So I was thinking this weekend we could all go out to the desert and practice, build up strength, since the others are in California living it up with Kal it would be good if we could get stronger too"

"Yeah that would be good. But Isabel, it wasn't about strength... it was about unity, using our czechoslovakian passports to compliment each other. We need to go over strategy and defence"

"Okay" she replied with a bright smile "Then afterwards we can go shopping? You know, completely selfish blowing money and just doing what normal teenage girls do"

Liz slammed her locker and looked at her friend with a thankful smile, it was easy to see what Isabel was doing. She was trying to make Liz feel better, try and take away the bad memories and replace then with good ones

"I'd love to" she stated "And Isabel..."

"Yes?"

"Thanks" Isabel grinned then walked off down the hall just as the bell rang. The halls began to clear quickly and Liz was hurrying to put her books into her bag, she dropped one. She shoved the rest in before bending to pick up the fallen book when she paused; something was different, she could sense it. She slowly stood back up looking round. Liz stared down the hall but saw nothing, it was quite deserted now, she turned around holding her breathe.

Her bag clattered to the floor and her books spilt out but she didn't see nor care. Max was walking towards her, to anyone else he looked sixteen, but as soon as she laid eyes on him she knew. It was him. It was Max. It was her Max! He was here, he was alive and he'd come back for her!

"Max! Oh my God!" she cried jumping over the books and rushing over to him

"God! Liz I never thought I'd see you again"

"Me too! I thought you were dead!" she felt so happy to be held in his arms that she didn't care that she was late for class. All she wanted was to be held and to hold him; it was all she needed.

"Let's get out of here" Max whispered and she nodded. The two of them hurried out the doors Max came through unawares that they were being watched. He came out from behind the corner and wondered what the hell they were talking about. Why would Liz think Max was dead? And why did Max think that he'd never see Liz again? Whatever was going on he was going to get answers. He watched the happy couple go before turning to follow them, if they were going to skip class then he wanted to know why and what they were going to do.

TBC...

Sorry for the short part. It's kinda late here and I have class in the morning :roll:
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 12 10/11/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Thirteen
It was a sight to see. It certainly was! Alex and Maria watched Michael, Laurie and Kyle moving feathers around with their minds. Kal had suggested feathers because they were so light and that they should start at the beginning. The feathers were floating around each other like they were orbiting planets. The three of them sat there with their eyes closed as Kal explained how to do it.
Suddenly there was a knock at the door and Consuela came in, she paused when she saw the floating feathers that dropped down instantaneously
“I thought I told you to go home” hissed Kal
“I did” she replied “And I came back to do my evening shift. There is a Kevin Jones here to see you, sir” she said. She had seen what the children had been doing; three of them had telepathy and Kal was encouraging their gifts, why? She just added it to her mental list; these children were special and she would find out. The man who had just arrived cleared his throat then burst into the room impatiently.
Kevin paused when he saw them then gasped; he had to control the urge to bow to the young children before him. They were just kids! They were what the Antarian alliance was relying on? These kids! There had to be more to it, they had to be stronger than they appeared
“You must be the martial arts teacher”
“Ye-yes I am. I’m Kevin Jones... nice to meet you” he held out his hand for Langley to shake. Kal looked over the younger man before him, sizing him up. He looked to be about twenty five and there was strangeness to him like they’d met before
“Have we met before?” he couldn’t help asking, he couldn’t sense any alien energy in him but that meant nothing
“I think you knew my father” he answered “Shall we begin, do you have a room where we can train? The kids here are going to be my student’s right?”
“Yeah that’s right” he nodded “That’s Michael, Kyle, Laurie, Maria and Alex”
“Nice to meet you” he smiled; he’d heard that Michael was General Rath in his former life. He couldn’t quite see it from where he was standing but maybe that was a good thing, if he couldn’t tell then others couldn’t either and that meant he was underestimated.
She opened the door and they hurried inside with her shutting it quickly behind him, her keys fell to the floor as they started kissing and before long her shirt followed them. They walked backwards not taking their hands or mouths off each other. Liz ripped his brown shirt open sending buttons flying everywhere
“God Max” she groaned, officially this would be their first time together since they were both in their sixteen year old bodies; it occurred to her that if they did then she was would get his first time. She would have him before Tess did!
Liz jumped up in his arms wrapping her legs around his hips as they crashed into her bed, Max lay over her panting hard
“It feels so good to be this young... it is a bit weird though” he told her “I want you Liz. I need to feel you. It’s been so long”
“Make love to me Max. Give me your first time, instead of giving it to her” she whispered and he nodded slowly leaning down to kiss her softly. He moved down attacking her neck, he knew her body so well even though this was the first time he was doing this in this line.
He held her hand, linking fingers with him as he moved his way down her body. He carefully slipped her trousers down
“It’s like old times. When we were in that tent... camped out near in the desert” he whispered
“We’d just wiped out a battalion and rescued part of Los Angeles. Kyle knocked out the power because he was drunk. You made a hole in the roof of the tent so we could...”
“Make love under the stars” he finished the story as she lay there in her underwear. She gently flipped him over so she was straddling him; her hands went to his belt buckle
“All those times we were afraid of being completely natural because we didn’t know what it would do, since I had already been changed by you”
“Liz...” he began but she shook her head
“Let me finish. Max I want to do this, all those years on Antar... with Kivar”
“I dealt with Kivar. You don’t have to worry about him anymore”
“Please Max... all those years. I need you, I need to feel you. Not some bit of rubber... I’m ready. And if... if I do end up with a child, it will be your baby. A baby we’ve created together...”
“Okay. I just don’t want to hurt you”
“You can’t. By doing this I’ll never be hurt again, this will change things. Tess won’t have the control over you like she did and we won’t be broken up” she pulled his jeans down then laughed “I’m sat here in my underwear and combat boots! Not very sexy”
“It’s you, Liz, that does it for me” he said with a smirk and she grinned
“Yeah I can see that” she couldn’t help lean forward teasing him through their last strands of clothing and he groaned loudly.
He watched from the fire escape, thankfully no one could see him starving in through her window because the fire escape was at the back of the building overlooking an alley. He’d been wondering what had been going on for a while ever since Kyle and Liz broke up and then he went off on some exchange programme. Then Liz went out with Max as soon as Kyle was gone, talk about a quick rebound!
Tommy couldn’t help but lean closer to look through the window. As soon as they’re entered Liz’s supposed apartment it was clear that they were going to go all the way. Since he heard them talking in the corridor at school his interest was more than piqued; what the hell was going on? He tried to hear what they were saying by moving even closer. The metal of the fire escape squeaked and grated against the wall making him freeze. He glanced back up to see both of them staring straight at him!
“Shit!” he cried jumping up to make a run for it down the fire escape but all of a sudden his body went limp and he couldn’t move. He willed his arms and legs to move but they wouldn’t budge. He couldn’t even shout for help! The window opened and two pairs of hands grabbed hold of him pulling him inside.
Max and Liz dropped Tommy in the middle of the floor in the bare apartment. Liz let him loose and he sank back before jumping up intent to knock her out of the way getting to the door. But she was quicker, she held up her hand and he went flying backwards landing on his back groaning in pain.
Max shut the window then walked over to his girlfriend; they were both dressed only in their underwear but neither was ashamed in front of their peeping prisoner.
He knelt down near him scowling to intimidate the guy who’d been spying on him and his girlfriend... his wife.
“Talk” he demanded coolly
“I can’t sense him. Can you?” asked Liz glancing between the two of them. Max shook his head; because they couldn’t sense him that made him either a human or a skin. One thing was clear was that he wasn’t an Antarian.
“I’ll check him...” he replied and easily turned him over, Tommy struggled by he held him down with ease and lifted up the back of his shirt feeling the small of his back “He’s human”
“Might be a vessel” she commented
“I don’t think so. If he was then he would have used his powers instead of trying to run, he’s human”
“Who the hell are you?” he cried desperately, he’d rolled over to stare up at them and they were menacing to him
“Why do you want to know?” she answered him “Why were you on my fire escape?”
“Why were you watching us?” Max added
“I wanted to know what’s going on. Something weird has been going on with you two, Kyle, Isabel, Alex, Michael and Maria!”
“Max,” Liz gasped “If he’s noticed it then other people are bound to notice”
“We’ll deal with that if it has become a problem but for now I think it’s just him being nosy. Honestly Tommy, I would never had thought you were bright enough to figure our secret out”
“You-you’re not human are you? Either of you?” he gasped quietly “You’re from the crash aren’t you? It really happened! What did you do to Max and Liz? Oh god this is like invasion of the body snatchers!”
Liz laughed at that. It was true in a weird sort of way, she’d taken over her sixteen year old self and it turned out Max had too. She was glad that he was here now, that he’d come back and melded with this timeline’s Max. If he hadn’t then she wouldn’t have seen him again; once she was in the past she couldn’t return to the future because her influence in this present had changed that future and now it was gone altogether.
“No we’re not human” Liz shook her head
“What are you going to do to me?”
“What should we do with him Max?”
“I don’t know... there’s so many things we can do... it’s been a while since I’ve tortured someone. I did learn a lot when I was in those dungeons”
“So did I” she replied, Tommy looked up at them with such terror and fear “Relax Tommy, we’re not going to hurt you. Believe it or not we’re the good guys”
“We should show him... like you showed the others. This is interesting, young Max’s memories are mixing with mine. I can remember it but it’s like I wasn’t there”
“Don’t worry” she soothed him “You’ll get used to it and those memories we have with become hazy and it’ll hurt less” Max put his arm around her shoulder and kissed the top of her head “Do you want to show him or should I?”
“If you’re going to show me what you really look like... please don’t! I won’t tell anyone about you! Just please, please, please let me go! I won’t tell anyone I swear!” Max nodded at Liz and she knelt down reaching out to touch him. Tommy closed his eyes in fear.
She connected to him easily and the images flashed through his mind and once it was over he started crying. He understood it all and when he opened his eyes he looked up at them with so much respect. Liz had also gotten a few flashes of him and couldn’t help but smirk as she saw his true self. When he’d been peeping at them it was the sight of Max that had excited him more than the sight of Liz.
“He’s going to keep our secret and I’ll keep his” she announced. Max looked at her, she just smiled letting him know that it was okay and his secret was a personal thing.
“I know I’m just... an ordinary human and I’ll need some time to get used to what you showed me but when... when you need me, if there’s anything I could do to help then I’ll be there”
“Thank you. Take as much time as you want” Max said. Tommy left quietly as it all rolled through his mind.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 13 18/11/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Fourteen
Kevin arrived home to the tiny little condo he’d rented and sighed deeply as he leaned against the door. He couldn’t believe how hard it was to hide himself from the Royals and their family but he figured it was best; he was an outsider to them and he knew what kind of reaction he’d get if he came out and told them he was like them.

He turned on the TV before sinking down on the couch; he still didn’t know how it’d had happened and it wracked his mind trying to figure it all out but for some reason he’d arrived on Earth the same time Liz had come back from the Future and he hadn’t disappeared. He wasn’t bound to this timeline but for some reason travelling through the Granolith at the exact time his reality broke down had put him outside time. As soon as he arrived on Earth he turned to amassing details on Copper Summit, the New York Royals, both shapeshifters and this line’s current queen which was Tess Harding. Then he got word of things happening, changing and he could feel it within him, that strange sense that something was different. Liz had sent several of her friends to one of the shapeshifters for protection and training leaving the King, the Princess and Liz in Roswell protecting the Granolith.

Suddenly the phone rang breaking his train of thought; he quickly got up to answer it. It was one of his contacts in Roswell

“There’s been a development, sir” came the voice on the other end of the line, completely foregoing pleasantries

“What is it?”

“Someone has discovered King’s secret”

“Is their safety compromised?” he replied fearful that it had and what that would mean

“I’m not aware of it. I’ve got the details on the one who found out and I’ve sent it to you; he’s a student like them at the High School”

“Adam, I want you to contact Connie and her father in the resistance and get them to bring Ava to me”

“Yes sir” said Adam “Sir... can I ask, did you... did you meet them?”

“I did yes. It’s hard to believe they’re the same people. Contact the others and then I want you to go find Tess, bring Tess to me and get the Griffin’s to take Ava to Liz in Roswell”

“Understood sir” Adam stated finally before ringing off. Kevin put the phone back in the cradle before glancing at the TV, it flicked off and he sighed once more. He’d been so focused on all of them for so long he hadn’t had a moment to himself. It had only been days since he’d come here and built up enough contacts and people willing to fight but it felt like it had been months! He’d achieved so much and now that he sat down to think about it he was overwhelmed by it all.
She slid closer to him smiling into his chest as she stole his warmth; he looked down at her and couldn’t help but smile back. He wrapped his arms around her keeping her safe

“I like these lazy mornings. I was so sore last night” she moaned “Maria really packs a punch”

“Well she’s small... she has to have something to make up for it” he replied and she chuckled “Are you going to spend some time with Michael today?” her sunny mood disappeared into a scowl

“I’m not talking to him after the pool incident. Since grandpa died my aunt and uncle have dictated my life, I don’t want him to be doing the same”

“He has a point for what he said; he is actually worried and concerned about you”

“Got a funny way of showing it” she snapped

“Laurie... if he really was like your aunt and uncle he wouldn’t have said what he said about me. He wants you to be happy and he’s worried that I might not be the right guy for you; he’s looking out for his sister. I can see why he might not think I’m up to the job of being your boyfriend because I was the typical bonehead jock. If you don’t do it for yourself then do it for me spend time with him, please”

“Okay” she said sulkily

“Thank you” he replied pressing a soft kiss to her forehead “I was really proud of you yesterday, your powers are really strong. I was a little surprised”

“Well I’ve had a long time to practice them... Michael’s energy is similar to yours. It’s like you’re both warriors”

“I think it’s because we both have people we love and want to protect. You’re a part of the group now Laurie... and I really am glad that you are. In the future time line... when I died, I was alone. Yes I was mourned by Liz and the others, my family, but I didn’t have someone who loved me like Max and Liz love each other. What I’m trying to say is...” she silenced his nervous words by crashing her mouth against his.
Alex sat by himself in the kitchen. He was thinking about Isabel again, she’d been on his mind constantly since he found out about her being an alien... no, she’d been on his mind since he figured out that not all girls had cooties. With Liz’s memories it was easy to feel for the tall blonde girl but he was trying to sort his feelings out without them; he knew that he loved Isabel but that was the problem. All he could think of was marrying her and having kids with her; living the sweet American dream with her by his side. He was only sixteen years old, it was far too soon to be thinking of things like that

“Penny for your thoughts” he looked up to see Consuela standing at the other side of the counter he was sat at. He hadn’t even heard her come in

“Oh I was just thinking about my girlfriend. She’s back home”

“Alex... where are you from?” she couldn’t help but ask, the arrival of the kids in Kal Langley’s house had filled her with questions

“New Mexico” he replied absent-mindedly “Why?”

“I’m curious. Mr Langley doesn’t have any family that I’m aware of and I’m wondering why you’re all here. I saw what the others were doing with the feathers in the library yesterday. Do you... have some kind of special powers? If you do then what has it got to do with Mr Langley?”

“He... he’s protecting us. We’re different from normal people and he’s different too, we’re here because he’s protecting us and teaching us to defend ourselves”

“How did you... were your powers gifts from God?”

“No, not really. But we do have a destiny... we know what’s coming and we’re going to use our powers to stop the evil... there’s something coming that is so terrible, so evil that the whole world could be...”

“Alex that’s enough” Kal snapped from the doorway. Alex clammed up before getting up and leaving the room to head upstairs. Kal glared at Consuela for prying into his and the kids lives “Consuela, you’ve always been a good house keeper but I’m going to have to ask you to find another job”

“You don’t need to sir. These kids are special and I respect you protecting them, I will protect them too. I won’t tell anyone what Alex just told me”

“I can’t take that risk, they’re more important...”

“I’ll talk if you fire me”

“No one blackmails me. Anyone who tried didn’t live long enough to” he said coldly

“I’ve worked for you for years. I’ve seen enough weird things; if I was going to have talked I would have done it already. I’m not going to tell... I won’t pry but I don’t want to be treated like an idiot either. Now I’m going to start on breakfast, do me and favour and go wake them up” she ordered him and he was surprised enough by what she said that he actually did go upstairs to wake the others up.

Alex peeked his head round the door after Kal had gone then came back in. He sat back down where he was sitting and she patted his hand “Tell me about her. What’s her name?”

“Isabel” he replied as she got out the pots and pans for breakfast “Do you want any help”

“No, no! I want you to tell me about Isabel... I want to hear everything!”
“Excuse me?” she began “Excuse me?”

“Wotcha ya want?” snapped the petite dirty blonde haired turning to see a woman with a blonde bob staring at her trying to get her attention

“You. You’re Ava aren’t you?” she answered simply “My name is Connie”

“I don’t care if ya the Queen of England. Get lost” she walked on a few steps ignoring the other girl as she kept pace.

“Maybe I didn’t make myself clear Miss Parker my name is Cadet Connie Griffin of the United States Air Force...” Ava paused glaring in fright at the slightly taller woman

“I don’t have a last name and what the hell does the air force want with me?” she demanded not bothering to hide the fear in her voice. Connie turned to look at a black van that had been slowly crawling next to them unawares to Ava “What’s going on?” she backed up but Connie grabbed her arms just in time as Ted Griffin jumped out of the van, stuck a needle in Ava’s side and the both of them carried her to the van leaving bystanders staring at it as it sped away.
Connie tied Ava’s wrists behind her back and put a blindfold on her, both of them knew that it wouldn’t do any good when she woke up but for now they had a few hours and that would get them far enough away from New York. She climbed into the front next to her dad and sighed

“What about the others?”

“We were told to get Ava only. If the others figure it out then I’m sure they can figure it out, we have a long drive ahead of us” he told his daughter. Both of them had gone AWOL when they had been approached by Kevin Jones, it had taken a few hours for both of them to wrap their heads around what he told them but when that had got used to it they both agreed to help him. He had told them that in the future they had both been a part of the resistance.

“I’m going to get some sleep dad, when it’s my turn to drive wake me up” she said then bunked down in the front seat.
No matter how hard she tried she hadn’t had a good night’s sleep since Kevin came and told her about the future and her, and her father’s, part in it.

Liz stared at him as she lay next to him. Things had cooled down since they’d been interrupted but the passion was still there under the surface; it had been so long since they’d been together. She bit her lip as she reached out to touch his chest; he looked down at her then gasped when he saw soft glowing trailing her fingertips down his front

“Ahhh” he moaned aloud all of a sudden making Liz smirk

“You never understand how you made me feel when you did that. It’s nice to family make you realise...” she whispered

“Do it again” he demanded rolling atop her. Her eyes drifted downwards as her hands went further making him whimper “Nuhhh not that Liz. I won’t last if you touch there”

“You want me to stop?” she replied a little too innocently looking up in his eyes.

“No, no don’t stop Liz. Don’t ever do that”

“Make love to me. I need you, it feels like it’s been too long”

“It has been too long...” he stated before kissing her. He could smell her desire through their last shreds of clothing; Max decided that they were both wearing far too much and quickly corrected that with a flick of the wrist.

Liz flipped him so he was on his back and she was straddling him, she teased him by rubbing her core over the boxer clad erection that was straining for her. Tipping her head back she waved her hand ridding him of his shorts; his eyes nearly bugged out of his head as he felt his manhood against her opening

“God Liz... this line... this is your first time. I don’t want to hur-” she cut his words short by thrusting down impaling herself on his penis. His first instinct was to take her pain away but she grabbed her hand stopping him

“No. I want to feel this, this is our first time together” she said between breathes and he nodded slowly trying to control himself. He was so hard and her walls were so tight around him, it was taking all of his strength not to flip her over and pound her into the bed.

Then she started moving, his lids fluttered shut as his eyes rolled back in his head; she felt so good. Even better than he remembered from all their years together; they weren’t allowed to be together when they were imprisoned on Antar so it had been a while since they’d done this.

“I... can’t! Ohh Max...” she shook her head and he nodded in agreement. He wasn’t sure if it was because they were both in younger bodies or that it had been so long or even a mix of the two but he couldn’t last. He could sense his wife was close too. Their hands found each other and the linked fingers, she opened her eyes looking down at him and light spread out along his skin. Max snapped his eyes open as he felt her light against his skin and did the same for her

“Guhh Liz. I’m... I’m coming!”

“Yehhh me too! Max!”

“Liz!” there was an astounding flash of light and Liz began to glow before it disappeared and she sank down next to him with his softening penis still inside of her. He pulled her into his arms wrapping her up in her blankets; he didn’t want to be apart from her just yet and he could sense that she felt the same. “Love you”

“I love you too” she replied before closing her eyes and happily drifting to sleep.

Isabel was sat in class when a bright flash of light filled the room and all the lights exploded; she gasped when she realised she could sense Liz Parker! She knew instantly that Liz had just been pulled into the Royal Four replacing Tess and Ava as Queen.

“Oh My God!” she cried trying to control the new buzz of energy thrumming in her. She blushed when she realised what kind of energy it was and just how Max had brought Liz into the Royal Four! She paused when she sensed that Max was more like Liz was more; had he come back from the Future too? Images flashed before her eyes and she was seeing what happened to Max after Liz came back. Once all the images had ran through her mind she collapsed down against her desk, close to passing out, she saw what it was like on Antar.

Michael stood there staring off into space completely oblivious to Maria, Alex and Laurie trying to get his attention. His eyes had gone white and he was just standing there holding the box of eggs he’d just gotten from the fridge

“Michael? Can you hear me? Michael? What’s happening?!” Maria cried trying to shake him awake “Alex, go get Kal!” Alex hurried off to get their protector leaving the two girls to try and bring Michael around. The eggs fell from his hands onto the floor and the white disappeared, he blinked looking round

“Liz...” he mumbled then scowled “Kevin... Kjou”

“Michael!” snapped Maria getting his attention; he looked down at her “What was that?”

“Max has come back from the future. He came back and he made Liz part of the Royal Four; she’s one of us now. She’s completely alien now... she’s the Queen. Tess and Ava, they shouldn’t have the ability to mindwarp anymore. Liz should have that power now... it’s all here in my head. I can sense her!”

“What are you talking about? I thought Liz was already part of the Royal Four?” whispered Laurie confused, he shook his head

“Not like this... Everything’s changed now. Tess doesn’t have the power to mindwarp anymore, she can’t kill Alex now...”
Kal and Alex came hurrying into the room. Michael turned to face them, glancing between them both he sighed “Alex, its safe for you to go home”

“No. He’s not going anywhere until he’s learnt to protect himself from Tess, those were Liz’s orders”

“Max brought Liz into the Royal Four. She’s bonded to Max like never before”

“Well crap” scowled Langley then pulled out his phone calling someone “Yes. It’s me, I need you to get my plane ready. Have it stocked for six people... we’re going to Roswell New Mexico. As soon as you can” he spoke to the person on the other end of the phone then hung up “I guess we’re all going back to Roswell”

“But we haven’t even started training. Are you sure it’s safe?” asked Kyle, he glanced nervously at Alex

“Look, the only way Max could have replaced the Queen is by sleeping with Liz, which means that Liz is now the Queen and now carrying the heir to the throne of Antar. It’s going to get out... if you’ve sensed it then the other Royal Four have as well. My fellow shapeshifter on Kivar’s payroll will abandon his charge, alert Kivar that an heir has been conceived and come to find said heir so he can return to Antar”

“So by sleeping together... they’ve brought the possible future of war much closer?” Alex inquired

“Damn Max. Has he never heard the phrase ‘keep it in his pants’!” snarled Langley as he turned to storm out of the room

“Kal, wait...” Michael called, Kal stopped and turned around dreading anymore news “There was something else. When I sensed that Max had made Liz Queen, I also felt that Max was more... more like Liz was more. I’m pretty sure that Max has come back from the future and melded with his sixteen year old self the same way Liz did”

“That’s something at least, small blessings I guess, that means Max will be fully aware of his powers. He’s gonna need it” he sighed “You should all go pack. You’re going home”

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 14 29/11/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

A/N: Thanks for all your feedback. Michael and Isabel can't come back from the future because they really died, Future Liz just thought that Future Max was dead when he wasn't.
Chapter Fifteen
Tess screamed, she screamed and it echoed through her house. She had been sleeping when she felt it; she knew that she had lived apart from the Royal Four but she still had the connection to them. She just felt that connection disappear making her feel the last person in the universe, the loneliness was overwhelming
“Tess? Tess! What is it? Tell me?” Nasedo demanded, she turned to look at him
“I can’t feel them anymore. I can’t sense Zan or Vilandra or Rath anymore... it’s like they’re gone”
“Gone?” he scowled
“Like I’m on my own” she whispered
“Oh... oh no. I hope that isn’t the possibility... Tess. Try and use your mindwarp powers” he ordered her. She closed her eyes and tried to use it but it didn’t work
“It’s not working”
“They’re not gone. It’s you who’s gone from them, they’ve replaced you. They found someone and used her to replace you as queen. That means whoever Zan has slept with is carrying the heir”
“What are you going to do?”
“Well get rid of you for starters. You’re no longer important to me or Kivar” he calmly stated, her eyes went wide as he lifted his hand up at her. She dodged out of the way and quickly ran down the stairs as fast as she could, she was quick on her feet and hurried to her car parked in the garage.
Peeling out of the driveway as fast as she could, she hurried along the road towards the interstate. After about an hour of driving so found a quiet little rest stop to pull into, it was a shaded area so that gave her time to change the car colour and the license plates. Only then did she get back in the car and break down, she cried and cried. She didn’t know if Nasedo was following her or if she was out of his hair for the time being but she couldn’t risk staying in Phoenix any longer.
Tess tried to think carefully as she sat in the little cafe; Nasedo wouldn’t waste time coming after her. He would try and find the new Royal Four; he’d want the heir so he could go home. If... her trail of thought was distracted when someone sat down in the booth opposite her and clasped his hands together on the table
“You made my job easier and harder Miss Harding”
“Let me go Nasedo, please. I’ll leave and you don’t have to worry about me anymore” she begged close to tears. He shook his head with a smile lighting up his features
“You misunderstand. I’m not Nasedo, Miss Harding, my name is Adam and I work for a man called Kevin Jones. He knows of you and as of an hour ago he knows of your situation”
“I don’t believe you. You’re just trying to trick me so you can kill me, I know it’s you Nasedo and I’m not going to fall for it”
“Listen. It’s best if we leave now because Nasedo is on your tail, you’re naive if you think he’ll leave you as a loose thread. I don’t know how long we have and I’m not sure I’m up to the ability to protect you” he said calmly but with a strong seriousness that got her even more afraid
“That’s a good tale but I’m not going anywhere with you so you can get rid of me...” she trailed off when she saw Nasedo in his base form walk into the diner. She glanced back and forth between the two of them and her jaw dropped open
“He’s here isn’t he?” asked Adam she nodded slowly “Right. When I give you the signal I want you to stand up and walk out to the silver jeep with the bobbing alien head on the dashboard. Get in and stay low”
“Tess...” Nasedo greeted her “You shouldn’t... run... off... like... that” everything in the little diner slowed down
“Now” Adam ordered and she got up moving quickly to the car. She got in then he stood up quickly trying to keep his hand over his watch. He hurried to the car to find her in the passenger seat “No. Open the door... you’re driving” she did as he said, opened the door for him then slid into the driver’s seat “I’m slowing time. I need to keep my hand over my watch and when we’re far enough away I’ll stop but I’ll be very weak and unable to protect you but by that time we should be far enough away and in the protection of others much stronger than me”
“Why did you come to save me?” she asked as they got back on the interstate
“Because my boss ordered me to. It’s that simple” he replied, he could feel his energy waning
“But what does your boss want with me?”
“I don’t know and I don’t care. All I’ve been told is that I have to take you to him” he explained. Tess scowled, something didn’t sound quite right about all this
“You said your boss knew things about me. You know things too, don’t you, you’re not human”
“You’re half right. I’m a hybrid but I wasn’t created through genetics, I’m half and half the fun way” he answered her then dropped his hand away from his watch “I’m going to sleep for a bit...” he was half way over the seat, climbing into the back when his phone rang “Hello?”
“There’s been a change of plan. I need you to get in touch with Connie and Griffin and tell them to come to Roswell. Things have happened and we all need to be in Roswell, I’m just heading to the airport now. Take Tess to Roswell and meet up with the Griffins and Ava; when I get there I’ll find you all”
“Understood sir” he accepted the orders then hung up. Adam flopped himself down on the back seat “We’re going to Roswell. You’re going to meet your sister”
“Sister? I don’t have a sister” she told him but he just smirked
“Yes you do, her name is Ava and she’s your twin”
She jerked awake. Unsure and unaware of everything; the loneliness was overwhelming. It crashed over her in waves filling her up and drowning her. Ava opened her mouth in a silent scream then suddenly the blind fold was pulled from her eyes and she saw that blonde girl Connie again
“We’re almost at Roswell. How are you feeling?” she asked
“I’m dead!” she cried, Connie glanced at her father in the front seat but he said nothing “What have you done? Why can’t I feel the others? Why can’t I feel anything? God... it hurts!”
“Should we call Adam?” asked Griffin nervously keeping his eyes on the road
“No, dad, he said that this would happen. He told us” she replied “It’ll be okay...” Ava started whimpering and crying
“Please... kill me. End the pain, I can’t bear it!”
“Ava listen to me. I want you to listen or this won’t work!” Connie ordered her. Adam had told them that Kevin had called alerting them that Liz had replaced Tess and Ava as Queen effectively pushing them out of the Royal Four “I want you to look deep down inside yourself. There should be a small part of you that’s warm and safe... look for it!”
“Kill me”
“Look for it!” Connie shouted making Ava sob and gasp. Ava closed her eyes and despite the pain she looked for what her captor was telling her about; she saw it burning far down, it was so hidden and it shook with the same fear and doubt she felt now that she was alone. She reached out to touch it then gasped when she was flooded with images of herself. It was Tess, she was seeing her sister’s life! She connected to Tess and Tess connected to her; they were sharing each other’s lives and the loneliness went away
“How did you know?”Ava asked when she opened her eyes
“Because a friend, someone we work with, his job was to get Tess and our job was to get you so you could be reunited. Both of you are very important, but Ava... Tess is...”
“Connie!” Griffin snapped gruffly “She’ll find out when she gets there. Untie her and come sit back up here” she rolled her eyes but did as she was told and untied Ava.
“Aren’t you afraid I’ll escape? I could mindwarp you and steal the van” she pointed out
“You can’t mindwarp anymore. That’s a privilege for the Queen alone and since Liz Parker is now the Queen...”
They fell into silence as the miles slipped by; Ava sat with her back to the wall of the van and her knees tucked up against her chest
“Connie?” she looked up at the front suddenly just as Griffin was pulling off into a rest stop for food
“Yeah? What is it?”
“Well... I was just wondering why you called me Ava Parker. I don’t have a last name and if I did that is probably one I wouldn’t choose”
“Let’s get something to eat” Griffin announced as he parked. Ava sighed as they all got out, she thought about running but after them helping to mentally connect to her twin sister she figured that they weren’t out to hurt her and it was better than hitching back to New York.
They ordered their fast food and sat down at a table. She was still waiting for answers, Connie seemed the talkative type but she wasn’t sure about this Griffin guy; she didn’t even know for sure that they were father and daughter.
“We were told through our go to that your name was Ava Parker. You have the same last name as Liz Parker because of what she did for you” he explained dispelling his theory that he was tight lipped
“But I’ve never met Liz Parker... I have no idea who she is!” she protested as she ate her fries. He sighed then glanced at his daughter
“That’ll be corrected soon. When we arrive in Roswell and you’re reunited with your sister both of you will meet up with her and the King”
“You’re both human. How can you know this stuff about us? About me?”
“We both owe our lives to Liz and her friends. We’re both fighting for the cause, just like you will” Connie told her leaving poor Ava with more questions than anyone except Liz Parker had answers for.
She opened her eyes sleepily, disorientation took over for a moment and she had no clue where she was. There was a second when fear of that unfamiliar gripped her and she felt like she was being swallowed by it then she felt Max shift. She looked up at him and it all came flooding back. She was with her husband in her apartment and she was safe, everything was okay.
Liz smiled as she stared up at him; they’d fallen asleep naked and entwined together under the sheets. It was late afternoon as the dimming sun streamed through the window making strange patterns dance over his face
“Beautiful” she whispered peacefully. Whenever she was with him she was happen and at peace; Kivar never realised that the true way to break either of them was to completely take away the other. If Kivar had had her killed then she was sure that Max would have given in completely and it was the same for her
“Hm?” he stirred in his sleep, turning lazily towards her as he opened his eyes. His arms tightened around her and she laid her head against his warm shoulder
“We should get up, baby” she told him. God, even to just have him here to call him that! She was glad that he had managed to do what she had; it wasn’t the same with young Max.
“I don’t want to. We should stay in bed, tomorrow is the weekend” he replied “You order some food in and tomorrow I’ll cook you breakfast. We have the place to ourselves...”
“You have to go home Max”
“I am home” he replied finally opening his eyes to look at her, she smiled pulling her even closer so she was almost on top of him “My home is with you, it’s always with you, Liz”
“It’s different, we’re both sixteen again...”
“Heh, that age has it’s pros and cons” he chuckled making her roll her eyes
“To everyone else we’re just kids, my parents let me live here but that’s only because they know what we went through... what I went through... your parents don’t know and they’re not going to be too pleased if you move in with a girl you hardly know”
“Hardly know? Keeping something from me Evans?”
“From their point of view, Max... we’re sixteen again and we’re going to have to behave like it. Much as I hate it, I want to wake up with you like this every day for the rest of my life!”
“Then let’s do that. I wasted so much time, I feel like I’ve been apart from you for so long. I need to be near you Liz or I’m going to break. You feel the same don’t you, even though you’re telling me to be careful”
“Yes. I do... but we have to be careful. So much was lost Max... I can’t do that again. So please... Just go home. Otherwise your parents will worry”
“Okay, okay” he said then smiled “Worried that I’d rather stay out sleeping naked in a very nice looking woman’s bed”
“Can’t keep you out of it” she shot back as he got out of the bed and padded round naked looking for his clothes. Liz propped herself up on her arm and watched him move about in the thin light resisting the urge to drag him back into her bed
“What are you looking at?” he asked as he put his shirt and stood there in nothing else
“Oh, just enjoying a pro of being sixteen again” she smirked mischievously
“Don’t make me come over there and give you a spanking” he shot back, his eyes dancing with a light that had returned when she thought it was lost. That light seemed to shine and she was grateful for it.
Max was fully dressed and he came over kneeling on the bed, over her, leaning down to kiss her as she lay under the warm sheets wearing nothing
“I meant it you know” he began; she just looked up waiting for him to continue “I want to live with you. I want to have children with you, I want everything with you Liz...” he held something out for her. She opened her hand and she quickly dropped it into her palm then closed her fingers around it; she knew instantly what it was. She’d worn it for the majority of her life
“Yes” she whispered “It’s always yes. It’s always been yes...”
“I love you”
“I love you too. Max” she sank back taking the ring and slipping it onto her ring finger. He sighed not wanting to leave her but knowing the importance of going home.
The drive home was a quiet one, he was deep in thought. He wondered what had happened to Kjou and what was the best way to get his parents to agree to him moving in with Liz. The only way that seemed possible was if he told them the truth; if that was the case then he would because he needed her. It was so much more powerful than when they had both been sixteen the first time around, it was a life of knowing each other intimately, and then when they were on Antar they had been kept apart and in the dark. He needed to walk in the light with her by his side.
When Larek had freed him and he got to see his old home world as a free man, he had slipped slightly. He felt the desperation and madness taking over him and he could still feel it now, it wasn’t as bad but it clawed at him testing his patience and his sanity. He was half human and his human half needed what any other human needed to live; he needed light and warmth and people around him. For ten years he’d been in solitary denied the most basic requirements; this pain would never leave him.
Before he knew it he was home. He stopped for a moment after he parked in the drive way and turned off the engine, it felt so strange to see his childhood home standing in one piece. Tears came to his eyes as he saw the white washed walls and the terra cotta roof as he remembered it
“Home” he whispered, he got a brief image of Liz and he knew that when time was when they could live together he wanted to live in a house like this with her.
His mom was in the kitchen making dinner, he’d walked through the house touching along the way like he couldn’t believe he was here. It was strange because he had the memories from sixteen merging with his older age. When he saw her standing there he stopped and his breath caught in his throat; all those years he never connected with her nor saw her as his true mother but right now he could feel it, he could sense it. In his life she had died without ever knowing that she was loved by him for being his mother
“Mommy” he gasped as the tears came; she turned around surprised to see him standing there
“Max...? What’s wrong? Sweetie? What’s wrong? What happened?” she took a step then stopped when he rushed to her and hugged her. She hugged him back feeling how much he needed her
“God... oh God!” he cried trying to fight all the emotion back “I have to tell you. I have so much to tell you!”
“What is it?” she whispered, he wiped his face then led her to sit down at the table
“I... I don’t know where to begin. I guess from when you found us, me and Isabel” he started speaking trying to figure the best way to tell her “We weren’t abandoned by our real parents, that was the night we were born. Isabel, Michael and me... we’re part human. In 1947 when the ship crashed...”
Half an hour later Isabel came down to see if dinner was ready, she found Max and her mom sat at the kitchen table. Max was talking rather animatedly and Diane was sat there with tears streaming down her face. She was holding Max’s hand so tightly refusing to let go, she knew instantly what was going on
“Max...” she whispered, both of them turned to look at her and Diane gasped “Mom...”
“Isabel!” she got up letting go of Max’s hand to rush to her daughter so she could enfold her in her arms “Why didn’t you ever tell me?”
“We couldn’t... we were scared... I was scared” she whispered as the tears came
“You’re my daughter Isabel! You’ll always be my daughter!” she whispered back. When Diane let go of her daughter, Isabel turned to stare at Max.
He seemed to glow with light but the light was dark, full of anger and pain and insanity... she could see him as the man he became after living in the shadows surrounded by torture and it scared her to the bone
“Your Highness” she spoke softly as she bowed her head and slowly slid down to one knee
“What’s going on?” asked Phillip as he came in carrying his brief case and coat “Hey honey, did you have a good day?” he kissed Diane’s cheek and turned to look at his children. Isabel was kneeling before Max, who was sat at the table. Phillip paused when he saw Max “Who are you? What are you doing in my house?” he demanded. This man looked like his son but his eyes were angry and cold
“It’s me, dad... it’s Max” he said calmly as he rose to his feet. He helped Isabel stand up the patted his mother’s shoulder
“What... what happened to you?”
“I’ll show you” he said holding out his hand, he used his powers to show his father his life but dampened the emotion just like he had done when he was telling his mom.
“Noo!” Phillip cried as he pulled away, it took him a second then he pulled Max into his arms then grabbed Isabel in too. Diane started crying again as she saw them standing there holding each other.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 15 11/12/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

A/N: Thanks for all your feedback. Michael and Isabel can't come back from the future because they really died, Future Liz just thought that Future Max was dead when he wasn't.
Chapter Sixteen
So this was Roswell. She pulled into a space then glanced back over her shoulder at the man sleeping in the back; she thought about leaving while he wasn’t awake but she decided against it.

“Adam” Tess whispered gently shaking him

“Huh? What is it?”

“We’re here in Roswell” she announced. Due to his unusual powers they had arrived in Roswell just as it was getting dark; the fast forward in time made her feel a little queasy. She opened her mind to the newly formed connection with her sister Ava and smiled, Ava wasn’t here yet but she was close and a little confused.

“Let’s find somewhere to get coffee” he said sleepily as he got out of the car. He checked he had his keys and his phone then followed her in.
Jim and Jeff were talking at the counter, it had become a small morning ritual that Jim would tell Jeff about what the others were up to in Los Angeles. The sheriff was really missing his son and was looking forward to when he was coming back. So much had changed in him when Liz had shown him the future.

“He and Laurie are getting close. It’s going to be hard when they all come back, I don’t know if she’s going home to Tucson” he said as he got his coffee

“I keep forgetting that they’re just...” he trailed off when he glanced at the door; the bell had rung signifying a new customer “Jim!” Jim looked up to see Tess Harding walking in. It was like a horrific slow motion scene. Adam walked in just as the Sheriff was pulling his gun from his holster, he reacted instantly and put his hand over his watch slowing everything down. Adam quickly walked over to Jim so that when time returned to its normal speed he’d been standing next to him, moving his hand away from his watch time corrected itself

“Freeze!” yelled Jim, the entire cafe came to a standstill in fright and watched the scene unfold. Tess stopped moving her eyes wide and terrified “Put your hands where I can see them! Keep them in the air!”

“Sheriff” Adam spoke quietly, Jim jumped when he saw a dark haired young man standing next to him. He didn’t want Tess to hear about what he knew “She doesn’t know what she did. That hasn’t happened”

“Who are you?”

“I’m her guardian. I was told to bring her here and give her to Liz” he explained “I was told that she would be the only one allowed to judge her for her crimes” Jim lowered his gun and she sighed with relief thankful that Adam had saved her again

“Take her to Liz. I’m sure whatever she decides will be more of a punishment than I as a lawman could ever give out”

“Where is she? Is she here?”

“She moved out” announced Jeff “Why don’t you sit down and I’ll call her” Jim waved his gun at her gesturing for her to sit down in an empty booth. The three of them sat down and Jim put the gun on the table waiting for Liz.

“What’s going on, Adam?” she asked

“Quiet. I don’t want to hear a word out of your evil murdering mouth until Liz gets here” he ordered angrily, she frowned. Evil? Murdering? She looked at Adam and knew that he knew more than he was telling.

Ten minutes later they were still sat there in silence, most of the patrons of the cafe had left and Jeff was in the process of closing down early for the night. Liz walked in, she walked straight over the counter where her dad was standing

“Dad?” she asked he just nodded over the booth that was still occupied. She turned round then froze; sitting there was one of her greatest enemies. Tess’s actions had led to the downfall of earth and the destruction of everything that she’d held dear. Her eyes widened and she rushed over to the booth and grabbed the blonde girl up by the scruff of her shirt

“Monster! I never got to kill you in my line! That was my mistake! One I will not make again!” she hissed, Tess began struggling as she feared for her life when Adam stood up

“Your highness” he began “She hasn’t done any of those things”

“And I’m going to see to it that she never will!”

“She can’t mindwarp anymore” he announced as he took hold of Liz’s hands “She no longer has that power because she’s no longer the Queen... she won’t be able to kill Alex. She will never get pregnant by your husband and she will never leave the planet because her DNA will never be able to use the Granolith”

“But she’s a killer! She deserves to DIE!” she practically screamed

“I know but then you’ll be like her. Remember? That’s why you let her go in the vote” he whispered

“I was an innocent back then. I’m a soldier now, I’ve been through battle and I know what it is to kill. Why are you trying to spare her?” she demanded, she didn’t know who this was guy was or how he knew so much

“Because of Ava. Tess and Ava have connected as twin sisters, if you kill Tess now then Ava will feel it and that could turn her away from the resistance. Ava is important to the fight isn’t she?” Liz scowled and let her go

“You’re lucky I trust Ava with my life. You even slip a toe out of line and I will kill you” she spat before looking at her dad “I’m going home”
Adam sighed then sank down in the booth, which was probably one of the hardest things he’d ever done. Tess sank down too, thankful that she hadn’t been killed by this Liz person

“Thank you” she whispered

“Don’t thank me. I, personally, wouldn’t mind seeing you dead for what you did” he replied. Jim stood up and slid his gun back in his holster then put his hat on his head

“Me too. Stay away from my family, Miss Harding, and you’ll live a lot longer” then he left too.

“What the hell was all that about? You know don’t you? Tell me!” she demanded angrily

“I think we better find somewhere to stay tonight or do you really want to sleep in the car?” he asked as he rose to his feet, he walked over to the counter to order some food

“I’m not serving you if you’re ordering food for her” Jeff said calmly

“That’s fine. I’ll call her a take out, can I get some coffee? It’s been a long day and I have a feeling it’s going to be an even longer night” Jeff begrudgingly gave the young man some coffee then asked Adam to get Tess off his property.

It was a room, a nice enough hotel room with two single beds and a nice view of the desert, Adam sat on one of the beds while Tess was in the bathroom throwing up the food he’d spent good money on. He’d told her what she did; how she single-handedly, through her actions, wiped out an entire race of people and destroyed a world.

“Are you okay?” he asked

“Do you think I’m fucking okay?” she screeched from the bathroom “How do you think I feel? God... knowing what I can become... what I can do!”

“You know now, are you going to become like that? Do that?” he asked simply. She came out of the bathroom wiping her face on the towel

“No. I don’t want to be like that, I don’t want to hurt anyone!” she told him as she came over and sat down next to him “I just want to have what everyone else has. I want to be happy... I know Max will never love me. He’s always going to want her, isn’t he?”

“Do you really need to ask me that?”

“What am I going to do? I left behind all my clothes, all my stuff and now I have no one”

“You have Ava. When she gets here both of you will have the family that both of you never had and your things can be replaced. I suggest you try making a life for yourself here”

“Why here? They all hate me, how can I live here knowing that they want me dead?”

“So they can keep an eye on you, and to keep you safe. Nasedo will still want to remove you from the picture and try and worm his way into their lives; you can try warning them. Don’t let things progress so that Liz does end up as an enemy because then I doubt even Max would be able to stop her from killing you”

“When does Ava get here?” she asked quietly as she tried to calm her queasy stomach. Whatever happened she was not going to be that person.

“Soon, we kind of screwed with time so we’re a little ahead of them but they should have picked up Ava, got a plane then rented another van and should arrive early tomorrow morning”

“I can’t believe I have a sister”

“You’ll have much more than that if you do stay here and settle down” he pointed out. She turned to look at him and her breathe caught in her throat “You offering?”

“No. Not with you... you’re beautiful but to me there would always be the possibility that you could become that monster. I wouldn’t be able to sleep next to someone like that for the rest of my life” he told her and she looked away as tears came to her eyes “You should get some sleep”

Liz arrived back home and sighed deeply, the apartment was dark and her bed was empty, she missed her husband and wanted him here with her. She wondered how it went with his parents

“Max...” she groaned as she took off her coat and switched on a lamp before returning to her bed. It smelt like him so she lay down and wrapped herself in the sheets and smiled feeling sleep come over her.

She was half asleep when she felt it and for a moment worked it into her dreaming then she realised what the fluttering feeling was. Her hands flew to her flat stomach and felt the warmth throbbing under her fingertips “I’m pregnant” she whispered then looked round frantically “MAX!” she cried through their connection.

Max had finished telling his father the whole story when he heard Liz screaming through their connection. He jumped to his feet at the same time Isabel did

“Liz!” she cried

“I know. I have to go” he said as he rushed from the room

“What’s wrong? Where did he go?” asked Phillip

“Liz was calling him through our connection. Something’s wrong with her, I can feel it” she explained

“Why can both of you feel Liz Parker?” Diane looked to her husband then back to her daughter “What is she to the both of you?”

“To me she’s now a sister, to Max... she’s his wife. He connected with her so we can all feel her”

“What do you mean connected?” Phillip inquired, Isabel stared at them nervously “How did they connect?”

“Well uhh... they...”

“Oh my god! My little baby boy is having sex!” cried Diane, he tried to comfort her. He sat her down at the table and Isabel slowly crept off before they could ask her anything else.

Max arrived back at her apartment, he opened the door then quickly shut it behind him. He raced through the rooms to her where she was sat in bed crying and holding her stomach, she was wrapped up in her sheets

“Liz? Liz, baby, what is it?” he asked as he cupped her face with his hands, he kneeled down on the bed

“Max! Oh my god, Max!” she pulled him tight against her and refused to let go

“What is it? What’s wrong? Tell me” he urged her to tell him instead of crying

“Can’t you feel it?” she whispered as she pulled back, she took his hand and led it to her flat stomach and the fluttering inside “I’m pregnant”

“How is that possible? You asked me to...”

“I think it’s because I’m sixteen again. Old self before I asked you to do that to me” she shook her head “I never thought I’d have children! I don’t deserve to be a mother”

“What? Why?”

“Max I never told you this... you never knew because you couldn’t sense them. It killed me each time I did it, it destroyed me completely and I couldn’t go through it again that’s why I asked you to destroy my ovaries and womb”

“You’re not making any sense! Tell me, love, what happened?”

“I’ve been pregnant before Max. Twice... and I got rid of them. I killed my babies” she confessed. He blinked then pulled away from her

“You killed our babies? When? When were you pregnant?”

“Max...” she sobbed

“TELL ME WHEN WHERE YOU PREGNANT!” he roared angrily

“On Antar! I was pregnant on Antar!” she shouted back and his eyes went wide in realisation. They had never had the chance to be together on Antar; Kivar wouldn’t allow it... the only person Liz had been with was when Kivar had raped her

“Liz... they were Kivar’s weren’t they?” he whispered as he came back to the bed to hold her “You got rid of them so he wouldn’t be able to use them”

“Even though they were his, they were mine too and I didn’t want them to go through the pain and torture we felt when we were on Antar. I couldn’t... wouldn’t be a good mother if I let that happen so I... I killed them!”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” he whispered

“I couldn’t... I was so ashamed and scared by what I did. I couldn’t tell you... I’m sorry Max, so very sorry, and now I don’t know what to do. I’m pregnant and it’s ours and I don’t know what to do”

“It’s our baby” he whispered, he knew that she wouldn’t be with anyone else but it hadn’t quite sunk in that it was his baby too “Liz... let’s have it. I know we both look sixteen now but we’re old, I want to have this baby with you and no matter what happens I’ll always be there for you”

“Are you sure?”

“Yes I’m sure. You’re the love of my life and I want our baby to be a product of that love! I know that everyone’s going to look at us for getting pregnant while we’re teenagers but this should be easy. We’ve travelled through time, fought in an interstellar war and... killed an evil tyrant” she blinked at the last part

“You killed Kivar” she whispered “You really killed him”

“I drove him made with my memories of pain and suffering. It killed him... I killed him for what he did to us” he explained and she smiled through her tears, she pulled him close to kiss him

“Stay with me tonight. Stay with us” she whispered

“You didn’t have to ask. I’m not going anywhere” he kicked off his shoes before stripping his clothes off so he could curl up and join her in bed.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) Chapter 16 28/12/08

Post by SpiderGirl »

Chapter Seventeen
Alex groaned as the plane landed, it had been a long day and he had a feeling that it was just going to get worse. Ever since Michael sensed Liz being made the Queen and Kal declaring that if that were possible then she’d be pregnant too, he’d been stressed. He was also a little afraid, Kal had told them on the plane that she now had the power to mindwarp... he cursed himself for fearing one of his best friends but he couldn’t help it. He knew that she would never use that power on him or any of their slowly developing family but that didn’t stop his irrational fear.

“I can’t believe Liz is pregnant. I always thought we’d be the ones to take that leap” said Maria from her seat on the other side of the plan

“Yeah, so did I” her boyfriend replied “Do you think she knows that she’s pregnant?”

“If not she’s going to have one hell of a shock when we tell her” smirked Kyle, Laurie smacked his arm

“I’m looking forward to meeting Liz and Max and Isabel and really getting to know them. I want to find a place to live in Roswell... I know I have the mansion in Tucson but I want to live around you guys. You’re my family”

“Aw that’s so sweet I think I’m going to be sick” sneered Langley “I can’t wait to get you off my hands. I’m sick of babysitting you! And then what does the Queen go and do? Get herself pregnant!”

“Quit complaining Kal, this is a good thing! I’m going to be an aunty!”

“Good thing for you maybe, I had a comfortable little life and now I’m babysitting you all and now I have one more person to worry about!” he snapped just as the stewardess came out from the cockpit

“We’re going to be landing in a minute, sir” she announced “Could everyone return to their seats and fasten themselves in”

Everyone buckled up and prepared to land. Kal grumbled the entire time the plane was landing and didn’t stop until he was in his limo and drinking down some heavy clear liquid. After that everyone ignored anything that spilled out of his mouth.

The limo cruised into Roswell and along main street, Michael had taken over since Kal was on his way to becoming merry

“I think it’s best if we all go home for now. So, Alfred, could you drop us off at our homes”

“Very good sir” Alfred replied

“What about you Michael? You don’t have a home, you left Hanks”

“I’ll just go to Max’s for the time being and crash on his floor” he replied “I think it’s best if we all meet up at the CrashDown tomorrow morning for a meeting and discuss what we have to do”

“Okay... I can’t wait to see my mom and dad” said Alex quietly. Maria looked at him for a moment but said nothing; she could always talk to him later.

“What are you going to do Laurie?”

“Find a hotel I guess... until I can find a place of my own” she told them

“We’re at Miss Deluca’s home now, sir” said Alfred. Michael and Maria got out of the limo so he could walk her to the door

“I’m going to miss sleeping next to you SpaceBoy” she whispered as he folded her up safe in his arms

“Me too... it’s not going to be the same. But I’ll see you in the morning?” she looked up at him, smiled then nodded. He kissed her softly then watched her go inside before he went back to the limo.

Kal was on the floor of the limo giggling to himself, Michael was just grateful that he wasn’t bitching about them all anymore

“Let’s drop off Kyle next, your house is closest right?” he asked and Kyle nodded. Alfred dropped Kyle then Alex off at their homes leaving Kal, Laurie and Michael “Just stop on the corner of Murray Drive and I’ll walk the rest of the way. I’ll leave you two to get a hotel room and I’ll see you in the morning, sis”

“Thanks, but I have the right to bitch about babysitting a drunk Kal” she smirked at the irony then he grabbed his bag and got out

“See you in the morning” he said then wandered down the street towards Max’s house. He climbed into his brother’s window and found the room dark and empty.

Sighing he unrolled the sleeping back, kicked his shoes off, lay down and went to sleep.

Kevin was waiting for them when they arrived. They pulled up in their rental van and got out

“Did you bring her?”

“Yes but there was... a complication” said Griffin

“What kind of complication?” he demanded as he stepped away from the barrier he had been leaning on “Where is she?”

“She’s in the back of the van. She connected to Tess” explained Connie “There was no way around it. She would have been more trouble if she hadn’t”

“So they’re sisters now?” Kevin scowled. He shook his head then went round the back of the van and opened the door. Ava was sat there with her knees up huddled to keep warm “Miss Parker, I am Kevin Jones. I would like you to come with me so I can take you to your sister”

She got out of the van and looked round the early morning desert; it was still a little cold but it would warm up soon enough. He pointed at his car and gestured for her to get in and she did without saying a word.

“Connie, Griffin... I want you to bring Courtney in from the cold then go back under the radar until I contact you again”

“What?” Connie cried “No! We’re in Roswell; we’re a part of the resistance! Let us fight!”

“There’s nothing to fight at the moment, Miss Griffin. If you want to stay in Roswell that’s fine but I don’t want you making yourself known to the Royals otherwise they’re going to want to know how you know what you know and they aren’t ready for that”

“Understood, sir, Connie c’mon. Let’s go” said Griffin pulling his daughter back to the van.

“But dad!” she whined angrily. She reluctantly followed her father to the van and sat sulkily in the passenger seat.
Kevin got in his car and turned it towards the city limits, it wasn’t that long before he would unite Tess and Ava. He sighed; he would have to reveal everything then and that was something he wasn’t looking forward to.

“What’s your part in all this?” she asked suddenly, he looked at her and knew she was trying to piece things together

“I’m... an anomaly. I’m not even sure why or how I’m here, just that I am” he began “I’m a soldier, a body guard to be precise. I was on Antar... I was the King’s bodyguard”

“So you knew us all in the past? You knew Zan” she stated quietly, he just laughed and shook his head

“I knew Max... and it wasn’t the past. I’m from the future” he replied making her blink with confusion “We came back in the Granolith but something happened to me. After I came back I found out that I could travel through time without the use of the Granolith. That gave me the ability to travel round and recruit the people loyal to us, once I had done all that I needed to I travelled to some out of the way time and watched thing’s progress. I ended up getting married and having a kid”

“What happened to them?”

“I had to leave them, my wife Charlotte never found out why I left or what happened to me. She passed away last year” he looked away for a moment to avoid tears from falling

“I’m sorry” she whispered then put her feet up on the dashboard and leaned back in her seat “What about your... did you have a boy or a girl?”

“I had a little boy” he smiled “He’d be a little older than you now”

“Maybe when this is all over you can find him and tell him that you’re his dad”

“Maybe” he answered her nervously.

They pulled up outside a hotel and he cut the engine. She followed him inside and he asked the clerk what room Adam was staying in.

“It’s number seventeen. Go up the stairs to the first floor and it’s the seventh door on the left” the clerk said.

“I’m really excited I’m going to meet my sister” said Ava trying not to sound too over enthusiastic. They were about to go in when the door opposite them opened and Kal and Laurie came out, everyone in the hall paused for a moment then all hell broke loose. Kal lifted his hand and pulled Laurie behind him, Kevin held up his hand and pulled Ava behind him

“Who the hell are you?” Langley demanded

“Kjou Arn, bodyguard to the King of the Royal Family. I think we best go inside” he suggested as he opened his door to reveal Adam and Tess.

“Damn, boy you have a lot of explaining to do” hissed Kal

“We’re late for the meeting” Laurie whispered

“What meeting?” Kevin asked curiously

“At the crashdown, we’re having a big sit down to talk about everything” he told the other protector who just smirked

“Well then let’s not make you late. Adam, bring Tess; we’re going to the CrashDown”

Kevin was quiet as he followed Kal’s limo to the CrashDown. Ava and Tess were sat together in the back holding hands and Adam was in the front passenger seat.

“I can’t believe I’m going to meet them” he whispered quietly “It’s the Royal Family... the other shapeshifter Kal is going to be there. I’ve waited for so long to meet him”

“Why?” Kevin asked

“Because he’s the only one possible to be my father. My father was alien and he left me and my mom when I was just a baby”

“Kal’s a shapeshifter right” asked Tess from the back, Ava was staring at Kevin but remained quiet

“Yeah” said Adam with a growing smile “I’m going to finally meet my father”

“Shapeshifters can’t have children, I lived with Nasedo long enough to learn that. It’s because they’re always shifting that their... reproductive methods just won’t work”

“I don’t believe you, traitor, you’re already starting to spread lies” he hissed angrily

“She isn’t lying” said Kevin “It’s true that shapeshifters can’t produce offspring. They’ve never been able to reproduce; they’re genetically created on Antar. We’re here”

It was tense in the cafe; on one side sat Max and Liz’s parents and the Sheriff and on the other sat the kids all talking happily about being reunited. Maria was sat on Liz’s right holding her hand while Max sat on her left with his arm around her, both of them were giving her support and protecting her.
Michael nodded to Laurie as she came through the door and sat down next to Kyle and he did a double take when he saw Kevin. Both Michael and Max had the same reaction

“Kevin!”

“Kjou!” they said at the same time. They both stared at each other before looking at the alien

“Hello your highness, hello right commander. I guess I should tell you everything”

“Yes, you better had” Max said when he spotted Tess and Ava standing in the corner.

“Well I came back like you did but the Granolith was programmed to merge the two versions of a person together. My version in this line hasn’t been born yet so I became a time anomaly, survived somehow and found myself in the time when Liz came back. I discovered that I could travel through time so I used my new found power to help the others. I went a little too far so all I could do was keep an eye on your four in your pods. But I... I uhh got distracted, I met someone and I fell in love with her and we got married. Then when I was living the high life the signal went off signifying the birth of the Royal Four, by the time I got there they were all gone and it was only Michael left behind. He wandered in the desert for about three weeks, I stayed out there all that time looking after him”

“That was you!” Michael gasped “You’re the one that brought me in to social services. You’re the one who named me!”

“I knew your name because I came from the future so I gave it to you. I’m sorry about leaving you with social services to end up in the situation you did, if I’d known then I would have done something about it. Once I knew you were all in stable homes I went to find the missing one”

“Me” whispered Tess “You tried to find me”

“I knew what you would become so I tried to prevent that but I couldn’t track the shapeshifter so I ended up losing you. I knew I could do no more in the past so I came forward until last year and I recruited several people who were apart of the resistance before Earth was destroyed; Connie, Griffin, Courtney... Adam”

“Tell him” Ava ordered him “Tell him the truth”

“Adam... I’m your father. I’m sorry I left you and Charlotte, but I’m a soldier. I did my duty”

“All this time, you never told me. You know all the money you gave me I spent trying to find my dad. Trying to find you!” he shouted

“I’m sorry” he replied “But you know what’s at stake, I told you what my future is like. I know it’s too late to even suggest this but maybe we could settle down and be a family here in Roswell?”

“I have a home. It’s in Ohio” he snapped “I’m going home...”

“Adam...”

“No one’s going anywhere” Tess grabbed Ava’s hand out of fear as they saw Nasedo standing there. “Miss Parker... I think it’s best if you came with me” as soon as he said her name several people moved in front of her including Max

“You can’t have her!” he hissed angrily

“You think you’re going to stop me? She’s pregnant with the heir of Antar; she’s my ticket home and no one, not even you, is going to get in my way”

“Pregnant?” Max and Liz’s parents both gasped

“Max” Liz put her hand on his arm moving him aside “I know what I’m doing” she walked past everyone

“Liz!” Maria called after her but Nasedo was already roughly leading her away

“No! Not my wife! Don’t take my wife!” cried Max “You monsters have taken everything from me! I won’t let you take her too!” he hurried after them in time to see Liz sat staring at him through a car window as it sped away “NO! Liz! No!”

“Max” he turned around and saw her standing there, he pulled her into his arms and held her “Get rid of Nasedo before he realises I mindwarped him” he turned back around, threw up his hand and the car exploded. Once it was burning steadily he looked at Liz who was reaching out for him

“Liz!” he cried just as she collapsed

“I’ve never used that before, it felt so weird being inside his head. It was all wrong” she whispered just before she fell asleep

“Max, get her inside” said Nancy as the others came out. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her inside through the cafe and up the stairs to lay her on the couch in their apartment.

“Is she okay?” asked Maria as she followed her best friends up the stairs

“I don’t know. She mindwarped him... I don’t know the effect that it could of had on her” he explained as he stroked her hair. He’d almost lost her! Maria left the room and quickly went downstairs

“Tess, Ava... you know how the mindwarp affected you right? The first time you used it” she asked, Ava shook her head

“I only used it once when I was a little girl, it scared me so I never used it again” she explained, then everyone looked to Tess

“I know” she whispered

“Then come with me” asked Maria “Please...” she looked around then back at her new found sister. They were all a family, all happy and depending on one another... she wanted that more than anything! She wanted to belong to that family that cared and would do anything for one another! Tess nodded then quickly followed Maria up the stairs.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Hindsight (AU/Adult, M/L) A/N 05/01/09

Post by SpiderGirl »

Thanks for all the people who left feedback! And glad you like the banner, it was made by RosDude, thanks!
Chapter Eighteen
As soon as Max saw Tess he stood up and put his arm out trying to protect Liz and their unborn baby

“Why did you bring her?” he demanded

“Because she’s the only one who knows how the mindwarp affects people, she can help Liz”

“I’m not letting her near my wife or our baby! She’s a killer”

“Max, she could be able to help her. Do you really think I would suggest it if it wasn’t for the sake of helping Liz. In your line Tess is responsible for killing Alex and through her actions Michael, my son and daughter and me. Do you really think I would put my trust in that person if it wasn’t necessary?” she asked him. He sighed then sat back down on the edge of the couch

“Help her” he asked not taking his eyes off Liz. Tess hurried over then knelt down and got a proper look at Liz Parker; she was so small and fragile. Not the least bit angry or upset like their brief encounter in the CrashDown last night.

“She... she’s so beautiful” she whispered “But she just looks like a little girl”

“She is” said Jeff as he and Nancy came up to check on their daughter “Or she was. But she changed and became hard... harder than anyone should ever be” she sighed and reached out both hands to frame Liz’s face. Concentrating for a moment she figured out what had happened

“She’s fine. It’s because she never used that power before, the synapses in her brain are getting used to the new power. It’s like using a muscle for the first time. She’ll be fine” she stood back up and Max scowled

“Thank you” he said gruffly “But don’t think this clears you”

“I think we should talk” said Nancy as she ushered Tess into the kitchen leaving Jeff, Maria and Max with her daughter.

“I want to thank you for checking over my daughter, but Max’s is right. That doesn’t mean you’re cleared of what you did, I know that you haven’t done those things and I hope to God you never do, but to me and most of us you’ll always be the one who gave my daughter such misery. You have been told about the possible future, right?”

“Yes. Adam told me” she said as she leaned against the cupboards “I don’t want to be that person. When he told me, told me what I could become... I threw up”

“When I was younger, before Liz was born, and I was just a teenager myself I used to watch this TV show. It was about this man, an alien really, and he was the last of his kind... there was a great war and his home planet and all his people were wiped out. The show was brought back a few years ago and it’s doing good, at lot of people enjoy watching it... but you want to know the saddest thing about it?”

“What?” Tess shrugged her shoulders unsure where this was going

“It was just a show, its fiction. That’s why it’s so entertaining because it’s just a fictional story that will never happen to anyone. But it happened to my baby girl... she lived her life and watched her world get destroyed and all the people she fought for were killed. She was the last of her kind and that was because of you”

“I won’t be like that”

“I hope not... because if you do I’ll make sure you’re dead before 2002. My daughter, my little girl suffered like no one should and I couldn’t do a thing to stop it”

“I won’t become that!” she repeated “I just want to live, I want to have a family; I’ve never had that! I want what she has! I want someone who loves me and wants to have children with me, I want a family and a mother and a father! I never had that and Nasedo always said that’s what I’d get when I found Max and the others!” she was openly crying “But I won’t have that with him! I won’t have that family that I was told I would because she replaced them! She took them away from me!”

“No” Nancy shook her head “She didn’t take anything away from you. Max would never love you, I’ve seen the way he looks at her and the way she looks at him; even though they’re kids it’s the real deal. They can be your family if you let them; you just need to show them that you can be trusted”

“How can I do that?” she whispered

“Tess” both of them turned to see Alex standing there; he was white as a sheet and looked terrified

“Alex? What are you doing?” cried Nancy

“It’s okay Mrs Parker... Tess, would you take a walk with me?”

“I um... okay” she glanced back and forth between them before following him.

The walk was a quiet one; he was extremely nervous the entire time and got even more nervous when they reached the library

“Why here?”

“Because there’s something in there... it took a lot for me to come here with you, to even be around you because of what you did to me... what you could do to me. We’re going round talking about Liz’s past like it’s already happened. But it hasn’t, I’m hoping that it never happens but that depends on you...” he trailed off as he nervously then reached out for her hand.
As soon as their skin touched images exploded behind Tess’s eyes, she saw Alex holding the destiny book in the library and he was talking to her but she couldn’t hear what he was saying, she shook her head before grabbing the book and blasting him with her powers. Alex flew back into a shelf before slumping down on the floor dead

“Nooooo!” she screamed pulling away from him “I won’t kill him! I won’t do that to him! Get away from me! Go before I kill you!” she turned and ran off as fast as she could to get away from him.
Alex almost had a heart attack when she started screaming than ran off like the devil was chasing her. He pulled out his phone and called the CrashDown explaining that Tess had lost it and done a runner.
She got as far as the parking lot of the library before she stopped; looking round she was grateful that he hadn’t followed her.

“Why? Why did he bring me here?” she asked herself as she tried to catch her breath then she looked up at the library “The destiny book. He must have wanted to see if I would get it and what I would do with it! I’m going to destroy it! If I destroy it then it will never be translated!” she hurried back round the front of the library, cautiously checking to see if Alex was there but was surprised to see that he was gone. She quickly hurried up the steps then into the library “Find the book... find the book... find the book”
It didn’t take her long to find the energy signal; she could practically sense the hand print seal above the shelves. She climbed up and pulled it out of the wall before climbing back down, she looked it over

“Tess” she jumped then turned to see Alex standing there “Give me the book”

“No!”

“Give it to me so we can translate it. It explains how to use the Granolith... we’ll translate it together”

“What do you mean together?”

“I mean together... forget Isabel and all the others. Forget them... I don’t care if it’s just you and me. In fact I’d prefer that... so give me the book and we’ll leave all the others behind” she bit her lip then gave the book to him

“Good girl...” he said then started laughing “Now I have the manual to the Granolith... I’m one step closer to getting off this god forsaken rock”

“You! You’re not Alex!” she gasped then quickly blasted him just as Michael, Isabel, Kyle and Laurie came rushing in

“ALEX!” screamed Isabel. Tess rushed over to grab the destiny book away from the Alex imposter “You killed him!” Isabel advanced on the smaller blonde who just closed her eyes as she gripped the destiny book so it dissolved into silver water. Isabel was about to use her powers on her when Laurie called out

“Stop! Look!” she pointed at the body slumped on the floor; it was a half burnt Nasedo. The librarian came over trying to find out about all the noise, spotted Nasedo before going back to call an ambulance and the police.

“Find Alex, we need to get out of here. We’ll deal with Tess later” said Laurie as she took charge of the situation. Isabel was staring at Nasedo’s body and felt such anger and fear about what she almost did “Isabel? Isabel! NOW SOLDIER! That is an order!” she shouted and Isabel reacted. The four of them hurried outside to find Alex sitting on the wall

“Alex!” she gasped as she rushed down the steps and pulled him into her arms

“Save it for later, Evans” Michael said gruffly as they hurried past the hugging couple on the way to the jeep.

She was panicking, she was beyond scared! She wasn’t quite sure what she should do but she knew she couldn’t stay. Using her connection with Ava, she backtracked her way to the CrashDown.
So much had happened in those few hours, forty eight hours ago she’d been at home pretending to be a regular normal girl

“Can I ever go back to that?” she whispered to herself. Inside the cafe Ava got up and came to the door, she opened it and leaned out

“Everyone’s here. Isabel and Alex have something to say to you” she told her “Are you coming?”

“Yeah... yeah sure” she followed Ava inside and felt a little jealous that her twin seemed more at ease with these people than she was. They were all squashed into a booth at the back and both Liz and Max were there.

“Tess...” Isabel gasped when she saw her, she jumped to her feet and pulled her into a hug “I’m sorry I almost... I almost killed you. I thought you killed Alex”

“I... I should have realised it wasn’t him. I don’t want to be a murderer and yet when I saw that... when I saw what I did...”

“What do you mean... saw?” asked Liz leaning forward

“Before I went into the library I saw a flash, I was in there and Alex was talking to me. He had hold of the book and I killed him and took it” she tried to explain

“I think she has my power” the darker haired girl stated “Maybe when you chose me as Queen I got the power to mindwarp, maybe it’s a power specifically for royalty? Who knows how this all works, so if you have my foresight then Ava should have it too”

“It scares me” said Tess softly “I don’t know how you could stand it”

“I helped people. When we were on the run from the Special Unit I used my power to help all the people I saw; we did good deeds”

“And avoided the law” Max finished for her “We travelled a lot, we got to see things we never could have imagined and we did it as a family. We’re a family”

“I can’t believe I had the chance to be a part of that family and I let it slip away” she replied “It’s what I always wanted...”

“Maybe...” Ava began “Maybe you can have that. Maybe we can both have that; I didn’t have a family either. Its cornball but it’d be nice” she trailed off when Kevin’s phone rang

“Hello? What? How long ago? Okay, I want you to keep me posted on that. Thank you. What’s happened over Nasedo? I see... well it can’t be helped, at least we have a heads up” he rung off then relayed the news to the group “The duplicates of Max, Michael and Isabel are on their way here and the Special Unit has come to Roswell over the remains of Nasedo. So I think it would be best if you avoid using your powers until they go away again. I’m going back to Los Angeles, if you need to contact me or any of my agents please don’t hesitate” he handed them a card. Max stood up

“Thank you for doing all this”

“It’s my job and my duty... I just wish...” he trailed off as he quickly glanced at Adam “Well. Goodbye then”

“I should be going too. If you’re all going to lay low then you don’t need me around to protect you; that guy seemed to do a better job of it anyhow” said Langley “Besides I have a life that I can’t easily run away from...”

“I’m sorry I pulled you away from it” said Liz as Max sat back down and put his arm around her

“It’s duty and well... you’re good kids and I uhh...”

“Don’t hurt yourself. I know what you mean” she interrupted him, saving from embarrassing himself

“Thanks. Well I gotta get out of here, I bet there’s been so many crappy scripts given the go ahead while I’ve been away babysitting you Royal Rejects” he shook his head then left waving as he went.

“Do you think we’ll be alright without him? Especially with the Special Unit?” asked Max nervously, the SU had always been a sore point for him.

“We’re going to have to be. We’re a family now and as long as we stick together we’ll be fine” replied Liz “We have to be...”

“Sheriff?”

“Can I help you?” asked Jim, he looked up then froze in his tracks. The young, dark haired man came into the office holding out his hand

“Deputy Dave Fisher...”

“Hanson, why don’t you and the boys go take a break for about fifteen minutes. I need to have a talk with our new deputy” Valenti ordered him to go. He bumbled out of the room and shut the door “Have a seat, Fisher”

“Thank you sir”

“You can drop the accent” he snapped harshly as he laid his gun on his desk. It had been two weeks since Nasedo had been spirited away from the morgue. He’d noticed people around town but so far they hadn’t caused any trouble; he was sure that the others noticed it to but they were doing their best to stay under the radar “I know who you are and why you’re here”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Save it, Pierce! I know why you’re here and you’re overstepping your jurisdiction” he glared at the man coldly who just sighed

“I don’t know how you found out but rest assured I’m not going to go away until I’ve found what I’ve come here for. Did you know that the man who died two weeks ago wasn’t from around here? He’s dead and his daughter is missing... imagine my surprise when surveillance and CCTV footage places her right in that library where he died. I’m looking for your cooperation on this sheriff”

“No” he said quickly “I don’t want to be a part of anything you’re involved in. I want you to go back to the Special Unit and never come back; you’re not welcome in this town and if you want to remain healthy and alive I suggest you leave”

“Are you threatening me, Sheriff?” he sneered with a growing grin

“No I’m warning you. This is mine town and I have family here... a big family that I would do anything to protect. Trust me when I say this, you don’t want to get involved in this... it’s going to cost you your life. Now I don’t care about that because I know what you’re capable of but I do care about the innocent people you try to take and put in your damn White Room”

“How the hell do you know so much?”

“Need to know, Pierce, your job is to fight the aliens right? Then why don’t you take a few good men and investigate Copper Summit, you’ll find plenty of aliens worth killing there”

“My girlfriend’s from Copper Summit” he scowled “Are you trying to make a joke there?”

“No, not at all, the congresswoman is one of them. They’re skins... you kill them by destroying the seal at the bottom of their backs. Now get out of here and don’t come back”

“You know I could have you for withholding information”

“Withholding information? Me? Never. Now leave before I call a few friends in the press and tip them off that the FBI is here in Roswell. You can’t afford that kind of publicity, now can you?”

“This isn’t over” growled Pierce as he stood up and left the room slamming the door behind him. Jim scowled then pulled out his phone and sent messages to both Kevin and Kal about Pierce being on the scene and to stay alert.

It’s been two weeks and everything has settled down, it settled down far too quickly and I think this quiet time is brilliant. Laurie, Ava and Tess have found a nice place and they’re living together, Kyle visits Laurie often and Ava and Adam seem to have developed a nice rapport. There’s still no sign of the dupes yet but I’m sure they’re not that far from us... and well Max is living with me now, I love how young he looks but I miss his grey hair sometimes. I know he’s growing it out for me, my wonderful husband!" she looked up from writing in her journal when she felt someone watching her. She spotted the culprit who quickly looked away and pretended to be engrossed in sanding down the crib he’d put together for their baby “Caught mister”

“I wasn’t doing anything” he answered her while he tried not to smile

“Ahuh” she drawled as she lifted herself off the couch. A few days after Kal left all this stuff for the apartment had arrived with a little card that sound ‘House Warming, Kal x’. He’d kitted out most of her apartment including the nice little couch she loved laying back on

“Careful” Max jumped up to help her up. Liz was about four months pregnant; she was going through an alien pregnancy and it would be about another two weeks before the baby was born. She swatted his hands away

“I can stand up on my own” she said playfully, he’d been so obsessive and attentive towards her these past two weeks. Moving in and helping her set things up for the baby then finally being unable to take his eyes off her, she’d caught him watching her a few times and it warmed her heart that he was there to do that

“I know” he replied “Maybe I wanted to put my arms around you and kiss you? I haven’t done that in the last twenty minutes, I think I’m having withdrawals” he put his arms around her and pressed a kiss to her forehead “God I love you”

“Max...” she whispered then took hold of one of his hands and brought it to his stomach “I want to name her Claudia”

“Clau... she’s a girl? Can you sense it?” he asked, she nodded with a smile “A girl, we’re going to have a baby girl!”

“Yeah!” her smile grew as he hugged her again

“I love you” he whispered into her ear then grew silent and thoughtful for a moment “Marry me. Before she’s born... marry me”

“Max” she gasped

“I want to be your husband when our daughter comes into the world”

“Yes... like you needed to ask. To me you already are my husband, you always will be” she told him then there was a knock at the door.

“I’ll get it” she said “You go back to the crib. It’s not going to be long before Claudia comes into the world”
Tommy was at the door when she opened it, he took one look at her stomach laughed then swept past her

“Everyone’s talking and what they’re saying is true” he said as he settled himself on the couch. He leaned forward and sighed “And... I guess I should tell you this”

“What? What is it?” asked Max from his spot on the floor sanding away at the crib still

“Topolski’s here” he replied and Max stopped sanding and let his hand drop to the floor

“That means that Pierce isn’t too far behind, I think we should call Kal” said Liz as she wrapped her arms around her stomach and walked over to Max. The whole thing with Pierce had always stayed with him because by the time everything was settling down he and the others had set off the destiny message and when she came back they’d never found the time to talk about it.
He looked up at her with such fear burning in his eyes; she closed her eyes tight as he wrapped his arms around her heavy stomach

“Liz I’m scared” he whispered “And not just for myself... I know what he’s capable of”

“I thought it was best you should know. She was asking about you in class, asking about the both of you and why you weren’t there”

“Did you say anything?” she replied as her fingers wound through her husband’s hair

“Are you kidding? Of course I didn’t... but she’s asking questions. Look, I know it isn’t my place to suggest anything but I think you should bring her into the fold; from the memories you showed me she was betrayed and she came to you for help. She was killed by them... if you show her like you did me then I’m sure she can be trusted”

“No! No! We are not doing that! We’re not going to do that!” snapped Max “She’s Special Unit! I don’t want anyone from the Special Unit near my family! We stick with the ‘lay low’ plan and don’t draw attention to ourselves”

“Sorry for pointing this out but isn’t Liz going to pop out an alien baby?” Tommy quipped moodily “I’m sure that would raise a few flags”

“He’s right Max... we can’t hide here forever. Sooner or later people are going to notice that our baby is nine times faster than other babies”

“I know! I know!” he growled as he stood up and framed her face with his hands “I don’t want anything to happen to you. Either of you... I love you both too much”

“I know, baby, I love you too” she kissed him softly “But we need to come up with a plan of action. We need to be offensive rather than just laying low, we need to keep an eye on Topolski and be on the lookout for Pierce. Remember what it was like during the war and all the strategies we used? Well it’s sort of like that now, yes we’re not at war but we can make use of those strategies to survive”

“Okay” he nodded then she turned to Tommy

“I want to go shopping... for baby things. Can I... Can I tell him?”

“I-I-I...”

“He’s not going to tell anyone, we’re both relying on each other to keep secrets” she pointed out, he rolled his eyes at that before nodding his consent “Max... Tommy and I would like to have a girly day going shopping and talking about boys... well in my case you”

“He’s gay? You’re gay!” he grinned “I knew one of you from the football team was gay! Years ago I thought it was Kyle but I was wrong there!”

“Honey, honey... focus” she got his attention by kissing him “I want to go shopping for baby clothes for Claudia... and I want to have her in the hospital” she said and his happy expression changed instantly

“No” he answered her firmly “It isn’t safe”

“Don’t you think I know that? Do you really think I would suggest it if I didn’t know the risks? I’m a soldier, Max, I always take into account the risks before going into battle” he began to pace nervously

“Any other time I’d let you but not this time. No, not this time! It isn’t safe! Not with Topolski and Pierce out there! You have no idea what they’d do to you!”

“I wasn’t asking for you permission and I have a fair idea what it’s like. We’ve both been tortured; you can’t pull the ‘you-don’t-know-what-it’s-like’ card on me! I’ve been through a hell of a lot of crap and I want to enjoy being pregnant! This is our baby! I want to enjoy feeling my baby growing inside of me and no one, not even you, is going to take that away from me!”
Tommy just sucked in a sharp breathe and wondered what the hell was going on, he knew he’d liked guys for a long time but when Liz got all riled up she really did it for him. He’d never got so excited over someone shouting but then again she wasn’t like other girls.

“God you’re so sexy when you’re pissed off” for a second Tommy thought he’d voiced his thoughts but thankfully it was Max who had spoken

“I want you” she replied just as desperately

“I’m leaving” announced Tommy quickly before he got a show he wasn’t sure he could handle watching. He opened the door just in time to see Isabel and Michael on the other side

“Tommy Hoag?” cried Isabel

“What the hell are you doing here?” demanded Michael. Both Liz and Max had failed to mention Tommy knowing their secret; he’d avoided them at school to keep up his reputation and to work through all he’d been shown about the future. He’d visited Liz a few times though just to talk and get his head clear about things; it also helped that he had someone he was out to

“Well-I... uhh...” he turned around to get some help from the happy couple but he realised his mistake. Liz had gotten Max’s shirt off and she was trailing light down his chest “Oh god, they’ve already gotten into the light” he shook his head. The other two aliens looked past him to see what he was talking about, Isabel’s mouth dropped open and she quickly turned around and put her hands over her ears

“I suggest we get something to eat because they’re going to be at it for a while. I’ll explain everything” he explained and quickly ushered them out and shut the door behind him.

TBC...
Last edited by SpiderGirl on Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Roswell Music Videos