Stargazing Halloween Romance(1/1 teen,10-31-06)

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Stargazing Halloween Romance(1/1 teen,10-31-06)

Post by killjoy »

Title-Stargazing Halloween Romance

Disclaimer-Own nothing from Roswell,have no money and all that good stuff.

Rating-Teen

A/N-First let me say I don't know if this is any good.But it's what I came up with for the Stargazing Halloween challenge.But let me give TWO warnings.First my beta is on vacation so I had no one to check this for me and since I suck big time at grammar there's bound to be mistakes.

Now warning two.I have NEVER wrote a "I love you " "No I love you" get togehter romance stuff for any character.This is my first time.So if the ending is BAD (which I think it is) than please don't flame me to bad.

Well anyway here it is first the challenge and than the story. :oops:

PS- The four aliens and Serena grew up in Roswell but the humans didn't.Instead of high school everyone meets while in college.

Challenge #1: Around the campfire tales

*Minimum word count: 250
*Rating: No higher than Mature
*Coupling: can include the other characters but must have A/I although the story doesn't necessarily have to heavily focus on them
*AU is welcome
*All stories must be posted by Halloween
*please provide us with a link if you post a story so we can run off and read it (lol)

*Story must include
~someone lost in the woods
~everyone around the campfire
~someone going trick or treating
~one of the humans accidentally eating chocolate candy with Tabasco sauce in it
~someone dressed as the toothfairy

~"take me to your leader"
~"oh look it's wicked witch of the west"
~"Huh? Who goes there?"
~ "Dude, your marshmallow is on fire."
~"Yeah I'll just fly us out of here on my magic carpet."

Chapter One

Tess leaned in a little closer to her dorm room mirror as she applied the last of the cosmetic part to her I Dream Of Genie costume. A very nice shade of pink lipstick to match her pink outfit.As she looked into the mirror Tess could see a shadow move from under the room's bathroom door as if someone was walking back and forth behind the closed door.

Sighing Tess looked over her shoulder and yelled toward the bathroom.

"Isabel you have about one minute to get out of there before I come in there and get you out!"

When no answer in return was given Tess rolled her eyes and got back to checking herself in the mirror.

Ok lets go down the checklist.

Lipstick?

Check

Nails?

Check

Hair?

Check

*KNOCK KNOCK!*

"Oh that had better be Kyle." muttered Tess as she gazed down at her watch "The only time that boy isn't late is when there's food or sex involved."

*KNOCK KNOCK!*

"Yeah yeah keep your pants on I'm coming!" Tess yelled at the door and than went back to the mirror.Placing both of her hands on the sides of her chest Tess shimmed a bit in an effort to get her costume's top and her breasts as far out and up front as she could get it.

Oh thank God for the wonder bra!

Tess walked over and yanked the dorm room's door open to find her boyfriend leaned against the door frame wearing a blue Air Force uniform for a costume and smirking at her.

"How can you be coming if I've kept my pants on?" Kyle asked his smirk growing even more.

"Oh I don't know Major Valenti? " Tess crossed her arms and if it was possible her smirk was even bigger than her boyfriends as she gave his costume the once over "If you Fly Boys were really as good as you think you are than you'd know how it could be done."

"Uh-huh" Kyle pushed himself off the door frame to come and wrap his arms around Tess,pulling her to him "I didn't hear any complaints out of you last night.No sir all I heard was my name being yelled a lot.And enough 'Oh God Oh God's!' that you're neighbors...." Kyle used his head to motion toward the wall nearby Tess's bed "....probably thought there was some type of church revival meeting going on in here last night."

"Would you shut the hell up and just kiss me already." Tess rolled her eyes as she pulled Kyle to her for a kiss.

Just as their tongues were starting to battle for control and Kyle's hands were starting to make their way toward Tess's ass a loud crash from the bathroom interrupted them.

"Hold that thought for a second would you." Tess smiled at Kyle before looking back at the bathroom door "Isabel times up! Get your ass out here!"

"God I just love a take charge woman!" purred Kyle.

"Oh just set down there and be quiet." Tess motioned her hand over toward her bed.

"What ever you say Mistress" Kyle smiled and went over to do what Tess had asked of him.

Of course he didn't pass up the opportunity to snag the bowl of chocolates that was sitting on the nearby night stand when it came his way.

"Isabel?!" Tess yelled to the bathroom door

"I'M NOT COMING OUT THERE IN THIS THING!" finally came the return yell

"What's her problem?" Kyle asked eyebrows raised just before tossing one of the small pieces of chocolate into his mouth.After only two chews Kyle commenced to gagging and quickly spit the half chewed piece of chocolate back into his hand

"Oh dear god is that nasty! What the hell is it?!"

Tess laughed at the look on Kyle's face "Chocolate covered cherries soaked in Tabasco sauce."

"Uhhh you alien hybrids and your screwed up taste buds!"

"And her problem..." Tess looked back at the bathroom door "...is that she doesn't like the Halloween costume I picked out for her to wear to the party."

"Isabel get your ass out here,we're going to be late!"

"NO!"

"I don't have time for this crap!" Tess sighed as she went over to the bathroom door "Isabel yes or no! Do you or do you not want to make Alex quit talking about that new Swedish skank Leana in his computer class?!"

"Yes" came the quiet reply from behind the door.

"Than get your ass out here,let us get to the party so he can see you and than when you have him eating out of your hand you jump him an claim him as yours!"

"Ok I'm coming out." came Isabel's hesitant voice "Don't laugh."

Tess looked over at her bed and shot Kyle a 'don't you dare' look.

"Got it no laughing." nodded Kyle digging around in his pockets hoping to find some gum or something to get the god awful taste out of his mouth.

But he was halted in mid motion when the door to the bathroom opened and Isabel stepped out in full costume.

"Great Googly Moogly!" Kyle's jaw was so far on the floor if he wasn't careful he might step on his own tongue.

For standing there in her very...very...very..abundant glory was Isabel Evans wearing a Star Trek costume.Not just any Star Trek costume but one of those red short miniskirt ones from the original sixties tv show.One that showed a lot of leg and she was even sporting the black go-go boots.

Isabel stood fiddling with the hem of the costume with one hand while using the other to nervously fuss with her pinned up hair.

"Well what do you think? Do you think Alex will like it?"

"He'll love it" Tess said as she went over to keep Isabel from messing with the short costumes hem "Right Kyle?"

"Uh-huh" Kyle just nodded "Trust me Isabel.When Alex sees you in that costume he won't even remember who the hell Leana is much less want to date her anymore."

"See sweetie you're all set." Tess smiled and than reached over to drag Kyle up from her bed and toward the door "Come on guys.We're off to Michael's cabin for some good old fashion Halloween fun."

"I guess you're going to want to take my car and MY gas again?" asked Kyle "Why don't YOU take us?"

"Yeah I'll just fly us out of here on my magic carpet." smiled Tess as she looped her arm through Kyle's "You know my car is still in the shop.So get your ass down stairs and drive us to where all the fun is my Buddha Boy."

"Your wish is my command my oh so favorite genie."

"Oh quit stealing my lines."

~~~~~~
From her spot in the back seat of Kyle's car Isabel looked out at the dark woods that lined the out of the way country road they were driving down.

"Oh we are so lost."

"We are not lost!" Kyle took his eyes of the road just for a second so he could look back at Isabel in his review mirror "We...we..just don't know where we are right at the moment is all."

"Honey you do know that the last time I checked in a dictionary that was the meaning of the word lost?" Tess laughed as she patted Kyle on the thigh.

"Yep we're lost." Isabel repeated with a sigh "Not only are we lost in the middle of the woods at night on Halloween...." Isabel leaned to look out her side window and up at the sky before straightening up in her seat "....But we're out here when there's a full moon out tonight.Yep all we need now is a psycho killer carrying a large bloody machete in one hand and a hook on the other and we'll be all set."

"Isabel would you just....." a frustrated Kyle started to say but was interrupted by Tess.

"Why don't we just turn around and go ask for directions at that farm house we passed a few miles back?"

"What?!" Kyle asked in disbelief as he pulled the car over on a clear shoulder and turned to look at Tess "You can't be serious?"

"About stopping somewhere to ask for directions?" asked Tess who than watched as Kyle nodded "Sure I am.Why not?"

"Because...because..." Kyle sputtered "A man never stops and asks for directions,that's why!"

"That's stupid." stated Isabel.

"Sorry but it's a guy thing!" said Kyle

"Hence the reason she used the word stupid." smirked Tess.

Kyle rolled his eyes.

"Look Michael's cabin has to be around here somewhere.If we drive around a little more we're bound to pass it sooner or later!"

"I just don't understand why we can't...."

But that was all Tess got out before a loud bang shook the car causing all three occupants of it to let out a scream.....well ok if you'd ask Kyle later he'd tell you what he let out was more of a manly yelp than a scream.

"Huh? Who goes there?!" Isabel yelled from her spot in the back seat as she franticly tried to see what it was outside that had slammed into the side of the car.

When he finally recognized what and who it was standing right outside his car Kyle got his rapidly beating heart back under control.Rolling the window on Tess's side down Kyle yelled out.

"Guerin what the hell are you doing? Jesus Christ you scared the shit out of us?!"

"It's Halloween Valenti." Michael wearing what appeared to be a pirate's costume placed his forearms down on the open window frame and stuck his head in the car "I'm supposed to be scaring the shit out of you."

"What the hell are you guys doing parked all the way over here anyway? The party is over there." Michael pointed to a section of woods where Tess,Isabel and Kyle could see a glowing fire. Turning back to look inside the car Michael laughed "I mean if Isabel wasn't with you guys I know why you two..." Michael looked at Kyle and Tess "...horn dogs would be parked over here."

"What?" Tess purred "Kyle and myself can't invite Isabel out to one of our horn dog sessions as you call it?"

Tess couldn't help but roll her eyes when she saw the look of disbelief cross over on Michael's face and the way Kyle's eyes seemed to just glaze over with happy thoughts.

"Ok first off we were lost and that part about Isabel joining me and Kyle was a joke Michael."Tess than reached over and smacked her boyfriend on the back of the head,knocking him out of fantasy dream land "And as for you don't even go there! Not only am I the only blonde in your life! I am the ONLY woman in your life period!"

"Right,sorry."

Laughing Michael opened Tess's door and held out his hand to help her out of the car.

"Come on guys follow me and I will lead you to the land of Halloween partying."

"Lead on Guerin." Kyle stepped out of the car "Take me to your leader."

"Very funny Valenti."

~~~~~~

Isabel,Tess and Kyle followed Michael through the short patch of woods from where they left the park car to where the party was going full blast around the blazing campfire.

SWISH!

SMACK!

"OW!"

Kyle's yell could be heard for miles around in the dark "Damn it Guerin watch where you're letting those tree branches swing back too!"

"Oh sorry." Michael apologized but the snickers that were sneaking out were making him sound not to sincere

Soon Michael had them lead to his family's summer cabin where the party was in full swing.The group walked up the steps and went into the cabin. Standing there close to the fire place was Liz and Max.

Max was decked out wearing a pin stripped suit.He had his hair slicked back and had used his powers to give himself a very thin dark mustache.
Liz on the other hand had some how made her face extremely pale looking and was decked out in a long black gown.It started at her neck,covered all of her arms and ran down to pool itself onto the floor to cover her feet.Her long black hair was brushed completely down

Kyle took one look at Liz's Goth outfit and started laughing "Oh look it's the Wicked Witch of the West."

Liz crossed her arms and gave Kyle a mock glare.

"I am NOT the Wicked Witch of the West."

"What the hell are you supposed to be than?" asked Kyle.

"Isn't it obvious?" Liz smiled as she pulled Max closer to her "We're Gomez and Morticia Adams."

"Right?" Kyle nodded right before saying "Haven't got a clue who they are."

"God Kyle." Liz rolled her eyes "You know The Adams Family.The cult tv show since the 60's?"

"Don't waste your time on him." Tess smiled as she wrapped her arm around Kyle's waist "If it didn't come on ESPN he hasn't seen it."

"Oh well you know what they say?" laughed Liz "À chacun leur propre."

"LIZ!" Max's head suddenly perked up "You spoke French!"

And with that Max grabbed Liz's arm and started planting kiss up and down it from her hand all the way to her shoulder and back again.

"Oh god!" Isabel rolled her eyes "I didn't come to this party to see my brother slobber all over his girlfriend's arm."

"No I'm sure you didn't." Liz smiled again as she gave Isabel a knowing look "Decked out in that short red thing I'm pretty sure you're here to see a certain young male friend of mine."

Isabel couldn't fight the blush that matched her outfit as it ran up her neck and onto her face.

"Where is Alex anyway?"

"He's out back by the fire." said Liz as she disengaged herself from Max and taking Isabel by the hand to lead her toward the back door "Now you go out there and jump that boy and tell him you're the only girl for him." Liz leaned in and whispered for only Isabel to hear "Good luck hon.For me and Maria have always liked you way better than that Leana skank anyway."

"Thank you." Isabel smiled at Liz and than took a deep breath and headed out the back door in search of Alex.

"TRICK OR TREAT YOU GUYS!!" came the shout from the front door.

Everyone in the cabin turned to find Sean and Serena coming through the door.

The group had been a little leery at first when Maria's cousin had showed up one day to visit her for the weekend.They had kept their mouths shut and watched their P's and Q's around him so not to spill the beans to him about the four alien hybrids in their midst.But all that had been blown to hell when Serena had came into Maria and Liz's dorm room levitating all her books not knowing he was in the room.

Luckily for them Sean's declarations about him having changed seemed to be true as he promised he'd never say a word about the four's special heriatge.But what had really surprised everyone was soon after that night Sean and Serena had started hanging out with one another and was now almost inseaperable.You almost never saw one without the other.
But now Sean was dressed up as a good old American cowboy,with plastic six shooters strapped on his side and a large cowboy hat planted on his head. Serena on the other hand was a sight.She had on a flowing pink gown that had white ruffles with matching beads all over the gown.She had a rather large tiara resting on her head and she had what appeared to be a magic wand made out of plastic stuck in one hand.She also had a rather large bag gripped in both hands and held out to everyone.

"It's about time you guys got here!" shouted Maria as she made her way out of the kitchen where she was making some more food.Maria was decked out as an Indian maiden "Where the hell have you guys been?"

"And Serena what on Earth are you dressed up as?" Tess chuckled as she gave the woman the once over.

"I'm the Tooth Fairy." smiled Serena as she shook the bag she was holding out in front of the others "And the reason we're late is because we've been trick or treating.So give me some candy!"

"Aren't you a little old to go trick or treating?" Michael laughed as he reached over to the food table,grabbed a handful of candy out of a large bowl and than turned to drop it in Serena's bag.

"Yeah but who cares." shrugged Serena "I've never been trick or treating.And last week when Sean told me about this strange human holiday custom I knew I just had to do it.I mean come on what a great idea! Going around to other peoples domiciles dressed in festive costumes while people pass out FREE candy to you! What's not to love about it?"

"What about you dude? Aren't you a little to old too" Kyle leaned over to Sean

"Hmm let me think here?" Sean appeared to be deep in thought as he pretended to ponder Kyle's question "Stay at home and watch as they replay the old black and white Night Of The Living Dead on tv all night? Or go out and help make my gorgeous girlfriend happy by taking her out trick or treating while she's wearing a sexy as hell outfit?"

"I see your point." nodded Kyle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once again tugging on the hem of her costume Isabel stepped out on the back yard of Michael's family's cabin.

"Hey!" one of the drunk party goers close to Isabel yelled causing her to jump.

"What?" his nearby friend who was not only as drunk as he was but was hovering a little to close over a small fire.

""Dude, your marshmallow is on fire.And so is your shirt!"

"Oh shit!"

Isabel rolled her eyes as the two men started batting at the smoldering shirt.

Isabel took a few seconds to scan the crowd in hopes of locating her tall,lanky target.When her eyes made it to the glowing campfire Isabel smiled when she saw a familiar head of dark hair sitting on a log close to the fire Quickly Isabel started making her way through the party crowd.But halfway to her destination she ran into a pack of drunken would be Romeo's.

"Whooa!" one of the men, some third year law student named Jesse something or other, stepped into Isabel's way. blocking her path to Alex.The very drunk,beer holding fraternity member gave Isabel a very leering going over before he smirked at her "Nice costume you got there,honey! You definitely got me beamed up' ed right at the moment! You want to see my tricorder?"

Jesse turned to share a drunken laugh with his very much inebriated buddies who were standing close behind him and thought what he said was the most humorous thing they had ever heard in their life's.

God I HATE stupid fraternity Neanderthals,Isabel sighed to herself as she loward her shoulder and attempted to part her way through the group of men.

"PARDON ME!"

"Hey baby not so fast! What's your hurry?" Jesse smirked again as he did the unthinkable and used his non-beer holding hand to snag Isabel by the shoulder as she tried to get by him.

"EXCUSE ME?!" Isabel growled as she reached up to the hand that was gripping her shoulder and grabbed Jesse's hand by the wrist.Using her powers to augment her strength Isabel pried the offending hand off her and than squeezed Jesse's wrist in a bone breaking grip.Now the one doing the smirking Isabel watched as Jesse dropped the beer bottle he was holding,grab at the arm Isabel had in a death grip than fall to his knees in pain as Isabel continued to apply pressure to wrist.

"I DO NOT BELIEVE I TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD PUT YOUR HANDS ON ME!"

Looking up,even with anger flowing through her,Isabel had to bite back a smile of 'gal pride' as Jesse's friends took a few steps back when they noticed she was glaring at them. Putting one last squeeze on Jesse's hand Isabel let go and began making her way back toward Alex.

This time the crowded quickly parted way for her and NO one was brave enough to get in her way!

~~~~

Sitting all by his lonesome Alex used the stick he was holding to jab the fire a little more.When this had become boring he pulled back the sleeve on his suit and checked the time on his watch.

Well it's now three hours past the time she said she'd be here and no word from her.

Sighing Alex could only shake his head.

Face it Whitman she stood you up again.

Totally depressed and in a deep funk Alex went back to jabbing the fire.He was totally mesmerized by its flames until he heard someone clearing their voice .Looking up the first thing Alex noticed was legs....a lot of legs.....a lot of very nicely shaped pair of legs .Following the pair of nice legs up Alex's eyes took in the short red Star Trek uniform and kept going until he found Isabel Evans,his sort of ex..never really officially...girlfriend standing there smiling at him.

"Hi Alex."

Finding himself dumbstruck by Isabel's costume Alex could only sat there and stare at her.

"Alex?"

Alex shook his head clearing himself of his daze.

"Oh sorry Izzy had a brain fog there for a minute."

"It's ok we all have them from time to time." Isabel smiled while motioning toward the log Alex's was sitting on. "Can I?"

"Sure sure!" Alex quickly scooted over giving Isabel more room to sit.
Once she got herself settled legs crossed just right so not to show the world everything Isabel turned to Alex and smiled.

"Speaking of brain fogs,that's kind of the reason I came over here to see you Alex."

"O....oh ok." Alex stammered finding it hard to concentrate and not to stare at Isabel's crossed legs.

Isabel's smiled grew as she noticed Alex's wondering eye.

If he's still checking out my legs than that means I might still have a shot!

"Nice costume by the way." Isabel admired Alex's suit "But who or what are you supposed to be."

Alex smiled as he reached into the inside pocket of his suit and pulled out a wallet .Flipping it open Alex held the wallet out so Isabel could see the ID as he said.

"Mulder,Alex Mulder,FBI X-Files Division .I deal with all the weird stuff like aliens."

Isabel burst out in laughter. "Please to meet you Agent Mulder.That's a great idea for a costume,Alex"

"Thanks Isabel." Alex's goofy grin was spread all over his face "And might I say that costume of yours is just....well all I can say is that it's just WOW!"

"Thank you,Alex." Isabel smiled and than took a took a second to look around "But Mulder where's Agent Scully?"

Instantly Isabel regretted her question when she saw the pain look appear on Alex's face.

"Well actually Leana was supposed to have been here dressed up as Scully...." Alex lamely tried to explain looking down at his feet in embarrassment "But I guess she found something else better to do with her night."

"Well than she's stupid."

Alex's head shot up from the ground to gape at Isabel

"What?"

"Well..." Isabel tried to explain her outburst "....all I'm trying to say is that if I was the girl you were dating I would have made it my point to be here."

"Well you WERE the girl I was dating at one point" Alex's rare temper flared up "That is until you told me you wanted to break up because you couldn't be dating anyone at the moment.But than two days later you were off joy riding around with that geologist grad student."

Isabel had to fight hard not to wince at the sound of anger in Alex's voice.She knew that was going to come back and bite her in the ass during this conversation.

"Look Alex,Grant was a mistake.There's is no other excuse for me to use." Isabel said softly "The only way I can try to explain it is that I was wanting to have a life for a time where I could just be 'me' Isabel Evans normal girl from Roswell,New Mexico.Instead of Isabel Evans former alien princess trying to go to college while all kinds of people and other aliens are trying to hunt her down and kill her."

"Oh." said Alex as he looked away.

"And for a time I had that life.But you know what I found out about it Alex?" Isabel smiled again as she reached over took Alex's chin into her hand and pulled him around to face her "That in the end that life was not what I wanted because of the simple fact YOU were not in it."

"What are you saying here Isabel?" Alex had a good idea what she was saying but there was that little voice in the back of his head that was screaming 'make her say it before you buy into it!'.

"What I'm saying Alex is that I love you...To be honest I think I've been in love with you since that day you bumped into me at the Halloween carnival our freshmen year and you mentioned how nice my cones were."

Alex didn't know you could bust out laughing and blush at the same time but that was what he did.But like the screaming voice in his head Alex was still a little leery about committing himself in a relationship with Isabel again.

"Look Isabel if this is all about me and Leana...."

"I won't lie to you Alex's that is part of it." Isabel nodded her head "When Maria told me last month about you and Leana dating...well I found myself becoming immensely jealous just at the thought of it."

"Well than if that's all it is than....." Alex started to say before Isabel placed her hand over his mouth to make him stop talking.

"I wasn't finished." Isabel smirked and left her hand where it was due to the fact she was loving the feel of her skin touching Alex's "Yes I WAS jealous when I heard about you and Leana.But what it did was finally make me realize something about you Alex."

"About me?" Alex mumbled around Isabel's hand over his mouth.

"Yes." nodded Isabel as she removed her hand away from Alex's mouth and scooted over closer to him"When I suddenly realized that I might loose you to someone else I quickly forgot any desire of mine to have a so called normal life."

"You did?"

"Yep any life that I might have without you in it and being the man I love was a life that I did not want."

"You love me?" Alex repeated hopefully.

"Yes." said Isabel as she wrapped her arms around Alex neck and leaned her fore head into his "I Isabel Evans is madly in love with one Alexander Whitman.That would be you by the way." Isabel winked at Alex "And if you'd let me I'd like to pick up where we left off a few months ago."

"Well I don't know..." Alex smirked looking off as if in deep thought "I became quite the catch after dating you.Why would I want to settle myself down with one woman?"

"Oh I don't know maybe because of this." Isabel pulled Alex to her even closer and than planted the biggest most passionate kiss she had ever gave to anyone in her life.

"SEE SEE!! I TOLD YOU THEY WOULD GET BACK TOGETHER!!" came Maria's excited and happy voice out of the darkness.

Isabel and Alex quickly broke their kiss to find that not only Maria had joined them around the campfire but everyone else had as well.

"Yeah yeah yeah,I heard you the first ten million times you said it." Michael rolled his eyes but there was a small smile on his lips as he wrapped one arm around his girlfriend.

"So is Maria right? Are you guys back together now?" Max asked from his spot behind Liz,his arms wrapped around her waist.

Isabel turned to look at Alex eyebrows up as to say 'it's up to you'.

Alex smiled first at Isabel and than back at the group around the fire.

"Yeah we're back together.And yes I still love her." said Alex who than gave Isabel one more quick kiss.

"Yes!" cheered Liz "I knew you guys would do it."

"Cool." both Sean and Serena nodded.

Tess went over to hug Isabel "See girlfriend I told you that outfit would work on him.He is male after all."

Isabel laughed "Yeah seems you're always right Tess.Funny how that works out."

"True." nodded Tess "To bad I can't get Buddha Boy here to realize that."

As everyone around them laughed Isabel's smile grew as Alex drew her in closer to him.She still might be a former alien princess with people trying to kill her but she knew one thing.With Alex back in her life no matter what happened everything would be ok.

THE END