CinderEli (AU, M/L, Teen) 1/1

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Zanity
Addicted Roswellian

CinderEli (AU, M/L, Teen) 1/1

Post by Zanity »

CinderEli (AU, M/L, Teen) 1/1 -- Banner by Shiesty23

Author: Zanity

Summary: A Dreamer version of Cinderella

Rating: Teen

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

Once upon a time there were once a very rich couple Jeffery and Serena Parker and they were exceedingly in love with each other. It pleased the stars to bless them with a most lovely daughter; but before little Elizabeth could grow up, Serena died, leaving her infant without a mother.

Jeff was deeply affected by the loss of his dear wife, and devoted his affection to his little Lizzie, who by her pretty little actions endeared herself to all who had the pleasure of knowing her.

But because Elizabeth was not quite two years old, and was unable to converse with him, he eventually resolved to find another woman, who might sympathize with him in his pain, and whom he might spend the remainder of his days with in peace.

In addition to this consideration, he was convinced that he could not give the necessary attention to the education of his daughter which Serena would have given her.

These considerations made him anxiously desire to marry again; and he accordingly took every opportunity to introduce himself to and flirt with ladies that were known for their politeness, civility, good manners, and all the other amiable qualities which are so highly favorable in a perspective mate.

One night at a party at a friend's house, where there were a large number of women attending, he met with a lady whose charming manners and agreeable conversation captivated his attention. Nancy had formerly been married, but her husband had died, and left her with two daughters, Isabel and Tess.

Jeff thought Nancy was just what he needed, on account of her apparently kind disposition. Plus the fact that with two daughters of her own she was properly qualified to superintend the education of his daughter. And he felt she was a woman whom he could spend the remainder of his days with in ease and comfort.

Jeff soon after began telling Nancy how much he loved her and started courting her; and because Jeff was quite wealthy and charming, his proposal was readily accepted, and they were wed shortly there after.
Now it is very possible for some people to appear pleasant and good natured in company, but while in their own houses they manifest entirely different personalities, being most angry and spiteful.

Scarcely was the marriage ceremony over, before Nancy began to show her true colors: she could not bear Elizabeth, because her sweet obliging manners made those of her own daughters appear a thousand times more abhorrent and disagreeable than they already did.

Nancy therefore ordered poor Elizabeth to live in the kitchen and, if Elizabeth ever brought anything into the parlor, she was always scolded till she left Nancy's sight.

Nancy made poor Elizabeth work with the servants in washing the dishes, and rubbing the tables and chairs; it became Elizabeth's place to clean Nancy's bedroom as well as the rooms of Isabel and Tess, which were all inlaid with the finest furnishings, had beds of the newest fashion, and had mirrors so long and broad, that they could see themselves from head to foot both front and back in them.

But Elizabeth herself was forced to sleep up in a sorry little room attached to the kitchen upon a cot. Her room was without curtains, or any other furniture or trappings to make her comfortable.

And Elizabeth bore all this with the greatest patience and smile upon her face, not daring to complain to her father, who she feared, would only reprove her, for she saw that Nancy ruled him entirely.

When she had done all her work she would sit in the chimney corner among the cinders; so Nancy and her daughters teased poor Elizabeth by calling her CinderEli.

However CinderEli, dirty and ragged as she was, due to the way she was forced to live, was still a thousand times prettier than her sisters, dressed out in all their splendor.

CinderEli tried to use her powers to improve her accommodations. She could make cosmetic changes like changing the color or shape of things. But structural changes like changing one fabric to another required a knowledge, of the fabrics, that she simply did not possess. And she dare not try to acquire it for fear that by making her things too much nicer she might cause her stepmother to take away what little she was allowed to have.

It happened one day that Max, the king's son gave a ball, to which he invited all the persons of fashion in the country, Isabel and Tess were both invited because Max did not know how abhorrent their personalities were; he had assumed that they were friendly people based on their public behavior. Max did not however invite CinderEli, for he had not seen or heard of her.

Isabel and Tess went into planning Nazi mode preparing for the happy day, nothing could exceed their joy; every moment of their time was spent in trying on gowns, shoes, and head dresses all designed to display themselves at their most beautiful.

All this was even more work for CinderEli, for it was she who cleaned and ironed her sister's clothes. They talked of nothing but how they should be dressed, Isabel boasted, "I will wear my scarlet velvet dress with the French trimming."

Tess exclaimed, "And I shall wear the same skirt I had made for the last ball though I might change its color, and I shall where my golden silk blouse with it, and wear my diamonds in my hair; then I will certainly look beautiful."

They sent for the best hair dresser in the land to come do their hair, and all their jewelry was bought at the most fashionable shops.

On the morning of the ball they called for CinderEli to consult with her about their dresses, for they knew she had a great taste. CinderEli gave them the best advice she could, and even offered to assist in adjusting their head dresses; which was exactly what they had expected, and they eagerly accepted her proposal.

While CinderEli was busily engaged in dressing her sisters, they teased her, "Would you like to come to the ball, CinderEli?"

CinderEli replied, "Ah! You are only laughing at me; I couldn't even think of going to a ball."

"You are quite right," they responded, "people would laugh, indeed, to see a one such as you dancing in a ballroom."

Any other than CinderEli would have tried to make the haughty creatures look as ugly as she could; but being the sweet tempered girl that she was, on the contrary, CinderEli did every thing she could think of to make them look good.

Isabel and Tess had scarcely eaten any thing for two days; because they were so excited about the ball, and they grew more so as the day drew nearer. More than a dozen laces were broken in an endeavor to give them a fine and slender shape, and they were always primping in front of the mirror and using their powers to make minor alterations.

When at last time arrived, the proud sisters stepped into a beautiful carriage, followed by servants in crisp uniforms, as they drove towards the palace. CinderEli followed them with her eyes as far as she could; and when they were out of sight, she sat down in a corner and began to cry.

Her godmother was a high priestess of the Granolith, and she felt CinderEli's tears. She used her powers to come to CinderEli's aid and asked what troubled her.

"I wish--I w-i-s-h--" sobbed poor CinderEli, without being able to say another word.

But Claudia, was able to understand and questioned her, "You wish to go to the ball, young Elizabeth, do you not?"

"Yes," replied poor CinderEli, sobbing even harder than before.

"Well, well, be a good girl," said the priestess, "and you shall go." She then led CinderEli back to her bedroom and said to her, "Run into the garden and bring me a pumpkin."

CinderEli flew like lightning, and brought the finest pumpkin she could get her hands on.

Claudia scooped out the inside, leaving nothing but the rind; she then focused her powers on it and the pumpkin instantly became a fine coach gilded all over with gold. Next Claudia looked into CinderEli's mouse trap, where she found six mice all alive and active. She told CinderEli to lift up the door of the trap very gently; and as the mice came out, she touched them one by one with her hand, and each immediately became a beautiful white horse.

"Here my child," said the Claudia, "is a coach and horses too, even more grandeur than your sisters' but what shall we do for a driver?"

"I will run," replied CinderEli in awe of but now considering the immensity of the kind woman's power, "and see if there is not a rat in the rat trap, if I find one, he will do very well for a driver."

"Good idea!" said her Claudia, "hurry young one."

CinderEli brought the rat trap, which to her great joy, contained three of the largest rats ever seen. The priestess chose the one which had the longest beard; and touching him with her hand, he was instantly turned into a smart and handsome driver, with the finest beard imaginable.

She next said to CinderEli, "Go again into the garden, and you will find six lizards behind the watering pot; bring them here." This was no sooner done, than with a wave of Claudia's hand they were changed into six young servant men, who all immediately jumped up behind the coach in their crisp new uniforms, and stood side by side as orderly as if they had been used to nothing else their whole lives.

Claudia then said to CinderEli, "Well, my dear, is this not as good transportation as you could wish for to take you to the ball? Are you not delighted with it?"

"Y-e-s," replied CinderEli with hesitation; "but must I go there in these filthy rags?"

With a smile Claudia waived her had in front of CinderEli, and her rags instantly became the most magnificent gown, ornamented with most costly jewels in the whole of Antar. To these she added a beautiful pair of glass slippers, and bade her to leave for the palace.

Claudia cautioned CinderEli, before she left; that for no reason whatsoever was she to stay at the ball after the clock had struck twelve. She told her that, should she stay but a single moment after that time, her coach would again become a pumpkin, her horses mice, her footmen lizards, and her fine clothes would be changed back to filthy rags.

CinderEli did not fail to promise all that her godmother desired of her; and almost wild with joy she drove away to the palace.

As soon as she arrived, Max, who had been informed that a great princess, whom nobody knew, was coming to the ball, presented himself at the door of her carriage, helped her out, and conducted her to the ballroom.

CinderEli no sooner appeared than every one was silent; both the dancing and the music stopped, and everybody was preoccupied with gazing at the unprecedented beauty of this unknown stranger. Nothing was heard but whispers of, "Look how beautiful she is!"

The king himself, old as he was, could not keep his eyes from her, and continually repeated to the queen, that it was a long time since he had seen so lovely a creature. The ladies endeavored to find out how her clothes were made, that they might get some made of the same pattern for themselves by the next day, should they be lucky enough to meet with such gorgeous materials, and such a good seamstresses to make them.

Max conducted her to the most honorable seat, and soon after took her out to dance with him. She both moved and danced so gracefully, that every one admired her even more than before, and she was thought the most beautiful and accomplished lady ever seen.

After a while a delicious feast was served up, but the young prince was too busy staring at CinderEli, that he could not eat a bite.

CinderEli seated herself near her sisters, gave them all sorts of attention, and offered them a part of the oranges and sweetmeats which Max had presented her; while they on their part were quite astonished at these civilities from a lady whom they did not know.

As Max and CinderEli were conversing together, she heard the clock strike eleven and three quarters, she rose from her seat, curtsied to the company, and hastened away as fast as she could.

As soon as she got home she flew to her godmother, and after thanking her a thousand times, told her she would give the world to be able to go again to the ball the next day, for the king's son had begged her attendance.

While she was telling her godmother everything that had happened to her at the ball, Isabel and Tess knocked a loud knock, knock, knock at the door, which CinderEli opened.

"How late you have stayed!" CinderEli said, as she faked yawn and rubbed her eyes, and began stretching herself as if just awakened out of her sleep, though in truth sleep had been the furthest thing from her mind all evening.

"If you had been at the ball," said Tess, "let me tell you, you would not have been sleepy, there was the most beautiful, and I mean the very most beautiful princess ever seen! She paid us all sorts of attention, and made us take part in the oranges and sweetmeats the prince had given her."

CinderEli could scarcely contain her joy, but she held herself in check as she asked her sisters the name of this princess. Isabel replied, that nobody had been able to discover who she was; that the king's son was extremely grieved on that account, and had offered a large reward to any person who could find out where she came from.

CinderEli smiled and said, "How very beautiful she must be! How fortunate you are! Ah, could I but see her for a single moment! Dearest Tess, lend me your yellow gown the one you wear everyday, and let me go see her."

"Oh! Yes, right… lend my clothes to the likes of you! Do you really suppose me such a fool? No, no, turn your mind to your proper business, and leave dresses and balls to your betters."

CinderEli had been expecting such an answer and was by no means sorry, for she would have no idea what to do if Tess had actually lent her the clothes that she asked for.

The next day both Isabel and Tess once again appeared at the ball, and so did CinderEli. But CinderEli was dressed even more magnificently than the night before.

Max was continually by her side, and said the most romantic things to her imaginable. The charming young creature was far from being tired of all the wonderful things she was experiencing; on the contrary, she was so delighted with them, that she entirely forgot the charge her godmother had given her.

When at last CinderEli heard the striking of the clock, and counted one, two, three, on till she came to twelve, she was startled… she had thought that it could be but eleven at latest. She immediately got up and ran as swiftly and gracefully as a deer out of the ballroom.

The prince tried to overtake her; but poor CinderEli's fright made her run all the more faster. However, in her great hurry, one of the glass slippers fell from her foot, which Max stooped down and picked up, and he treated it with the greatest care possible.

When CinderEli finally got home she was tired and out of breath. She was once again in her dirty old clothes, without either coach or footman, and having nothing left of her magnificent outfit but the twin of the glass slipper which she had dropped.

In the mean time, Max had inquired of all his guards at the palace gates, if they had not seen a magnificent princess travel by and which way she went? The guards replied that no princess had passed the gates; and that they had not seen a creature but a little ragged girl, who looked more like a beggar than a princess.

When her two sisters returned from the ball, CinderEli asked them if they had as good a time as the night before, and if the beautiful princess had been there?

They told her that she had; but that as soon as the clock struck twelve she hurried away from the ball-room, and in the her haste, she had dropped one of her glass slippers, which was the prettiest shape that a slipper could be.

They told her that the king's son had picked it up, and had done nothing but look at it all the rest of the evening; and that every body believed he was madly in love with the beautiful lady to whom it belonged.

This was very true; for a few days later, Max had it proclaimed by sound of trumpet, that he would marry the lady whose foot should exactly fit the slipper he had found.

In accordance with Max's orders, the prince's messengers took the slipper, and carried it first to all the princesses; then to the duchesses, in short, to all ladies of the court… but without success.

Eventually they brought it to the Isabel and Tess, who each tried all they could to squeeze their foot into the slipper, but saw at last that this was quite impossible.

CinderEli, who had been watching her sisters make a spectacle of themselves, and knew her slipper, could not help but smile as she ventured to say, "Please, kind Sir, let me try the slipper on."

Her sisters burst out a laughing in the rudest manner possible, "Very likely, truly," said Isabel, "that such a clumsy foot as your's should fit the slipper of a beautiful princess."

The gentleman, however, who had brought the slipper turned round and looked at CinderEli. Observing that she was very beautiful he said, "I was ordered by the prince to try it on every maiden until I found the one whom it fit. She must be allowed to have her turn."

With that, he made her sit down; and he brought the slipper to her foot, and to his delight it instantly slipped in, and he saw that it fitted her perfectly.

The two sisters were amazed to see that the slipper fitted CinderEli; but were even more astonished when she drew out of her pocket the other slipper, and put it on!

It was at that very moment that Claudia materialized in the room, and transformed CinderEli's clothes with her powers, making her appear even more magnificently dressed than they had seen her before.

Isabel and Tess may have been prideful and vain, but they weren't stupid, they immediately recognized that she was the beautiful princess they had seen at the ball.

Knowing the young prince's decree, and that CinderEli would be the future Queen, they threw themselves at her feet, and begged her forgiveness for the ill treatment she had received from them.

CinderEli helped them to rise and tenderly embraced them, as she told them that she forgave them with all her heart, and asked them to bestow on her their affection.

CinderEli was then conducted dressed as she was, to Max, who finding her more beautiful than ever, instantly dropped to one knee and begged of her that she accept his proposal.

The marriage ceremony took place a few days later. And CinderEli, who was as sweet spirited as she was beautiful, gave her sisters magnificent apartments in the palace, and a short time after set them up with Kyle and Alex, two great lords of the court.

The End