One More Night (CC, AU w/aliens-Mature) Complete 10/8/06

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

One More Night (CC, AU w/aliens-Mature) Complete 10/8/06

Post by Skittles1983 »

One More Night

Author: Amy

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB & UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Couple: Conventional

Rating: Mature

Alternate Universe, Aliens

Intro:

This a story based on the challenge by Zanity. The challenge is as follows:

Crown Prince Zan of Antar just turned 18. On his birthday his parents announced his up coming wedding to Crown Princess Elizabeth Parker of Banor. The marriage was arranged as part of a peace treaty between the two worlds.

Prince Zan gets really upset because he's never even met the girl and he always hoped to marry for love. He takes off and disappears. He ends up on the near by planet of Rizer, calling himself Max acting like a commoner trying to remain anonymous while he cools off. He knows he'll eventually go back and do his duty, his planet is important to him. But he needs time to cool off.

Princess Elizabeth gets equally upset at their parent's arrangement for the same reason. She too runs away to cool off. She too knows she'll eventually return to do her duty. She ends up on the same planet acting like a commoner named Liz.

The two meet and sparks fly. They fall in love and spend the next three months having a torrid affair before Liz decides she's cooled off enough to go marry the prince. It nearly breaks her heart but she leaves Max a note saying goodbye by their bed and leaves him in the middle of the night.

Max reads the note and decides to go back too. Both are pleasantly surprised when the meet back up with their loves for the first time at the altar on their wedding day.

Prologue

The planet of Antar

Prince Zan paced around his room desperately trying to think of a way to get out of what was happening to him. He could not believe the nerve of his parents. A knock at his door brings him out of his angry thoughts as he shouts, “Come In.”

His sister Princess Isabelle enters. She takes a seat and watches as her brother resorts to his angry pacing again.

She is startled when he stops pacing and starts to just babble, “Isabelle, I always wanted to get married for love. I mean can you imagine marrying someone you don’t know?” He doesn’t wait for her response as he continues, “Are they crazy? I mean just because I am a prince does not mean that I shouldn’t be able to choose who I want to marry. I understand that this marriage will end a feud and begin the peace treaties between our two worlds but I just can’t accept it right now. I need to get away. I need time. I need to go.”

Isabelle looked at him and started to panic, “Zan, what are you talking about? You can’t just leave.”

“I can and I will. And, you’re going to help me.”

She started to shake her head but knew that she wouldn’t be able to resist helping him. She felt so bad for him, having to marry someone he never met. She left the room while he went to pack. Once in her room she went into one of her hidden spots and took out her savings. She brought all she had to Zan. He took it and combined it with his savings. He thanked her and hugged her tightly. She followed him out into one of the lily gardens.

“I’ll be back. I promise. I know that I must marry this Princess from Banor but right now I need to do this for me.”

Isabelle nodded, “I understand. Be careful and I love you.”

He kissed his sister’s cheek, “I love you too.”

And with that he vanished into the night.

The planet of Banor

Princess Elizabeth sat on her bed stunned. She couldn’t move, she couldn’t think, she couldn’t breathe. She was in a state of pure shock. She felt as if the world was closing in on her.

A calm voice brought her out of her shock, “Elizabeth, please answer me, look at me.”

Elizabeth looked up into a pair of dark eyes much like her own and that brought her out of her misery and anger and into complete and utter sadness. She started to sob as she felt a pair of strong arms envelope her and pull her close to a warm body. She breathed in the familiar scent of her beloved best friend. She knew that he would understand. Alexander looked down at his best friend and felt his heart break for her. When her sobbing subsided she started to ramble.

“Alex, how can I marry the Prince of Antar? I’ve never met him. You know I’ve always dreamed of the fairytale romance. What if he’s mean, what if he doesn’t like me, what if he is a tyrant, what if…”

Alex knew he needed to calm her down, “Lizzie, please,” he said using his childhood name for her, “calm down.”

Elizabeth took a deep breath, “I know that this marriage is for the people of our two worlds. Our marriage will start the peace treaties, but how can I just give up my dreams?”

Alex sighed, “Because you are the Princess of Banor.”

Elizabeth nodded, “You are right. I will do this for the people and for my parents. But, I need to do something else first.”

Alex didn’t like the look in her eyes and he was almost afraid to ask, “What would that be?”

“I need to get away. I want to travel. I promise I will come back and fulfill my duties to my people and my parents as Princess, but I want a chance to just be alone.”

Alex understood where she was coming from even though he didn’t like it, “Pack your things. Pack a small bag.”

Elizabeth looked at him curiously, “Alex, you don’t have to help me.”

Alex rolled his eyes, “Lizzie, you’re my best friend. Now go and hurry up while I take care of a few things.”

Once Elizabeth had finished packing Alex came back in her room. He grabbed her hand and pulled out of her room. They took the back passageways through the palace that led to the shipping dock. Alex handed her a ticket and a bag, “Lizzie, be careful. I love you.”

Elizabeth hugged Alex and then she boarded the ship with her cloak pulled up over her head. Alex stood there and watched as the ship took off and broke the atmosphere. He prayed that she would be all right.
Last edited by Skittles1983 on Sun Oct 08, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Something in your eyes makes me smile..." David Gray
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Skittles1983 »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks so much for all the feedback! Please let me know what you think of this chapter. :) ~Amy

Chapter 1

Banor

Alex was in a world of trouble. He had been awoken early this morning by his parents. They had informed him of Liz’s disappearance, however when he didn’t seem too shocked they became suspicious. Now, he watched the King address his planet to announce that Princess Elizabeth had taken a sabbatical to prepare for her upcoming nuptials. Alex sighed as he watched the King and Queen talk to the people of Banor. He hoped that wherever Liz was, she was safe and happy.

**********************************************************************************

Antar

Princess Isabelle watched her parents as they ate breakfast. They had learned rather quickly of Zan’s disappearance, but they knew that he needed his space. She knew that they didn’t suspect her in any of it, but even if they did, she wouldn’t of cared. She would do anything for her brother, she just hoped he was happy and safe.

**********************************************************************************

Rizer

Liz kept her cloak up around her head. She followed the directions Alex had written down for her. She was definitely grateful for Alex. He had arranged her transportation and lodging for as long as she needed. She wasn’t quite sure how long she would be in Rizer. The wedding was set to take place in six months. She sighed as she looked up at the sign on the door, “Serenity Inn”.

Liz pushed open the door and was met with a bubbly blonde woman, “Hi, my name is Maria. How can I help you?”

Liz smiled, she liked her immediately, “Hi Maria. My name is Liz and I have a reservation.”

Maria nodded, “Of course. Alex called for you last night. Hold on one second while I get my husband. He’ll show you to your room.”

Liz smiled, she definitely owed Alex for calling in a favor with his distant relatives. She waited patiently for Maria to return. She watched the blonde come around the corner and behind her was a handsome dirty-blonde haired man. He smiled warmly at her and extended his hand.

She shook it in return, “Liz.”

“Michael. Come on, I’ll show you to your room.”

With a wave to Maria, Liz followed Michael as he took her small bag from her.

“So, how do you know Alex?” he asked her.

“Oh, we grew up together?” Liz replied vaguely.

Michael nodded, “That’s cool. So, Maria and I serve breakfast between 8 and 10 a.m. Dinner is served from 5 pm to 7 pm. The kitchen is open if you get hungry and want a snack or something to drink or you can ask one of us.” He turned and smiled at her as they stopped outside of a room.

She followed Michael inside and gasped at the beauty of the room. It was painted in a light green color and had flowers and candles spread throughout. It was almost whimsical. Liz loved it immediately.

“Thank you Michael.”

He smiled at her and said, “You must be exhausted. Well, make yourself at home. There‘s a Jacuzzi tub in the bathroom as well as a shower. The bathroom is the door on the right and your closet is the door on the left.”

Liz nodded.

“Well, we are right downstairs if you need anything else.”

Liz smiled as she shut the door behind Michael. She turned the lock and unpacked the few items she’d brought. She knew she’d have to go shopping later on, but right now she could just imagine how great the bed felt.

********************************************************************************

Max was exhausted. He wanted a bed and a shower. He decided that the next inn that he passed he would find lodging at. He turned a corner and saw a beautiful old house and realized it was an inn. He made his way over to it and opened the door.

He was met with a cheerful greeting, “Hello, my name is Maria. Welcome to Serenity Inn.”

Max smiled back at woman, “Hi, my name is Max. I was wondering if you had an extra room.”

Maria seemed to think for a moment before nodding, “Yes, we have a room available. Hold on while I get my husband to show you the room.”

While Maria disappeared around the corner and Max took the time to admire the calming décor. Before he had a chance to get into his perusal of the establishment Maria appeared again but she was followed by a man, who Max assumed was her husband.
The man extended his hand to Max, “Hi, my name is Michael. Follow me and I’ll show you to your room.”

Max took his hand, “Hi, my name is Max.”

Max followed Michael up a flight of stairs and down a hallway.

“We have several guests staying here, however, there is only one other guest on this floor.”

Max nodded.

Michael stopped outside of a door and opened it. Max followed him in placed his bag on the floor by the door.

Michael turned towards him and Max said, “It’s great.” And he meant it. The room was decorated in different shades of blue and it reminded him of the sky.

Michael nodded, “Okay, well your closet is that door right there. Your bathroom is through that door. It had a Jacuzzi tub as well as a shower. Maria and I serve breakfast from 8 am to 10 am. Dinner is served from 5 pm to 7 pm. If you want a snack or something throughout the day the kitchen is open or you can ask either Maria or myself.”

Max nodded and smiled, “Thanks.”

“No problem.”

Max shut and locked the door behind Michael. He stripped off his clothes and decided to take a quick shower and then get some sleep. He glanced at the clock and saw it was 1 pm. He figured he could grab a few hours of sleep and then get some dinner. Maybe, he thought, I’ll meet someone interesting.
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Skittles1983 »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for the feedback! Please let me know what you think of the new part. ~Amy

Ch 2

One week Later

Rizer

Liz had fallen into a routine. Get up early, go for a walk, have breakfast with Maria and Michael, walk around the town, eat dinner alone in her room, and then read for a while before she fell asleep. It was relaxing and quiet, just what she wanted.

Max had fallen into a routine as well. He slept in late, grabbed something from the kitchen on his way out and didn’t come back until well after dinner time. Max loved to explore.

However fate had a different plan for them.

Max woke up in a cold sweat. He looked at the clock and it read 7:30 a.m. He sighed and knew he wouldn’t be going back to sleep, so he got up and took a shower. Max decided that he would get an early start to his day. He was going to go visit Angel Lake. He had heard that the waters were a clear shade of purple. He couldn’t wait to go there. He grabbed his bag, packed a book and a towel, threw in a pair of shorts and an extra t-shirt, then headed down the stairs.

As he entered the dining room he saw Maria smile at him and wave him over to her table.

“Hi Maria.” Max said.

“Hi Max. Max this is Liz, Liz this is Max.” Maria said.

Max looked at the brunette that was eating breakfast with Maria and felt his pulse quicken. She was absolutely beautiful. Max knew in that instant that she was the most beautiful woman he would ever behold. Then he heard her clear her throat and realized he had been staring, which had caused her to blush.

“Hi.”

“Hi.” she smiled shyly at him and his world stopped for a moment.

Maria broke the silence, “So, Max, to what do we owe this miraculous appearance of yours at 8:05 a.m.?”

He laughed, “I decided to get an early start to Angel Lake. I hear it’s beautiful at this time of year.”

“That it is.” Maria agreed.

Liz sat quietly, content with just listening and eating her breakfast.

“What do you have planned for today?” Max asked her.

Liz froze, “Um, nothing.”

“Would you like to join me today?” Max didn’t know what had come over him, but he wanted to get to know her better.

Liz’s mind raced for a moment. He was drop dead gorgeous. She could get lost in his eyes.

So, she followed her heart, “I’d love to.”

“Great, when we’re done eating you can go get your stuff and we’ll go.”

Liz nodded and the rest of breakfast was spent with Maria dominating the conversation.
Skittles1983
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Skittles1983 »

Chapter 3

A Few Hours Later

Liz watched Max glide through the beautiful purple water of Angel Lake. She sat on the shore enjoying the feeling of the sun bronzing her skin, while she read a book. She had been distracted for the past five minutes by Max’s lithe figure gliding throughout the lake. She diverted her eyes as he got out of the water and made his way over to her. He plopped down beside her and she smiled at him.

He returned her smile, “How’s your book?”

“Good, thanks. How’s the water?”

“Beautiful, why don’t you come in with me?”

“I’m not a good swimmer.” she looked away slightly embarrassed.
Max lifted her chin with his finger so that she was looking into his eyes and he smiled at her, “C’mon. I promise I won’t let anything happen to you.”

Somehow, she knew she could trust him, so she nodded. Liz put her book down on her towel and stood up. She pulled her shorts down over her legs and stepped out of them. She didn’t notice Max watching every move she made. She pulled her tank top up over her head and it revealed a two piece deep red bikini. Max felt his breathe grow shallow. She was absolutely beautiful. She looked down at him expectantly and he stood up. He offered her his hand and she took it. She felt a tingling shoot throughout her body and when she saw Max stiffen she knew he felt it too. He just smiled at her and led her to the water.

They spent the rest of the afternoon in the water. Max holding on to her the entire time and she had never felt safer. They eventually made their way back to Serenity Inn, where they joined Michael and Maria for dinner.

Throughout dinner, Max couldn’t take his eyes off of Liz. He didn’t know what it was about her, but he just wanted to spend every minute with her. After dinner, he walked her up to her room.

Liz hesitated at the door, she turned towards him, “Max, do you want to come in?”

Max nodded.

He followed her into the room and shut the door behind them.

Liz turned nervously towards Max, “I…” the next words disappeared as Max’s lips crashed down onto hers. She was momentarily shocked, but recovered quickly and responded to him. She moaned into his mouth as she felt his hands on her breasts.

The Next Morning

Liz cuddled against the warm body next to her. She cracked open her eyes only to be met by the amber eyes of Max.

“Good Morning.” he smiled at her.

“Hi.” she said shyly as she remembered the things they had done the night before. She stretched and then returned Max’s smile.

Before either one could say anything else a knock on the door resonated throughout the room, “Liz, are you all right? You weren’t at breakfast this morning. Are you sick?” They heard Maria’s voice on the other side of the door. Both held their laughter in.

“I’m fine Maria. I just had a late night and wanted to sleep in.” Liz replied.

“Oh okay. Well if you need anything let me know.”

“Okay.”

“The same goes for you Max.” Maria said and they heard her laughter as she walked away.

They looked at each other and then laughed at the situation.

“So, Max….”

“So, Liz…”

They started at the same time.

Max said, “Go first.”

“Max, last night was great. I just, I have other obligations and a life that I eventually need to get back to. I don’t really know how long I’ll be here.”

Max nodded, “I understand. I don’t really know how long I’ll be here either, but what do you say that while we’re here we enjoy each other’s company.”

Liz nodded.

And so began their affair.

Chapter 4

Three weeks later

Max looked down at Liz who was sleeping peacefully in his arms. He kissed the top of her head. He felt her stir slightly and then saw her eyes open.

“Hi.”

“Hi, what time is it?.” Liz asked as she snuggled deeper into Max’s embrace.

“It’s late.” Max said.

“What’s wrong?” she asked.

“Nothing.” he replied, but the truth was he had fallen in love with her. He knew he needed to return home to fulfill his duties as future king, but he wished that he could spend the rest of his life with Liz beside him.

“Max, don’t lie.” Liz said.

“I was thinking about happily ever after.” he whispered.

Liz smiled against his chest, “Oh yeah? What is happily ever after for you?”

“You.” he replied simply.

“Max,” Liz started but was interrupted.

“What’s yours?”

Liz hesitated, she knew in her heart what the answer was, but her head told her differently. In her heart, it was Max, but her head told her not to be foolish because she had to return home to marry a prince she didn’t even know. All she knew was that he wasn’t Max.

She sighed, “You are my happily ever after.”

Max pulled Liz closer to him and leaned down to kiss her. Their desire quickly grew as they showed each other exactly how they felt.

Chapter 5

Two Months Later

Liz brushed the hair off of Max’s forehead. She placed a gentle kiss on his forehead before stepping away from the bed. She watched the moonlight illuminate his strong features. She had spent the past three months getting to know everything she could about Max and she had fallen in love with him. But, she knew she had a life back home that she need to get back to. She had a duty to her planet to fulfill. She would remember Max forever. She would love him until the day she died. They never fully talked about their homes, or where they came from, or why they were here. But, they knew each other the way only lovers could know one another. She also knew that Max was a good man. A few tears slipped from her eyes. She brushed them away as quickly as they fell. She backed away from the bed and fled the comfort of their room leaving only a note on the nightstand.

Max awoke the next morning and reached out to pull Liz closer. Only he found her side of the bed empty. He cracked open his eyes and saw a note on the nightstand. He opened it and scanned it quickly. His heart broke as he read over her words,

My Dearest Max,

I know you won’t understand it and perhaps you won’t ever forgive me, but I need to go home now. I have duties to fulfill and I’ve been gone for far longer than I intended to be gone. I will love you until the day I die. In another life maybe we will meet again and can spend eternity worshipping one another, however in this lifetime it can not be so. I will think of you every day. I had to say goodbye in a letter, because I could never do it face to face. I can not watch your heart break and not want to stay. Please my love, be happy in life.

Love,
Liz

Max wiped the tears that had fallen from his eyes. He had to return to his life and accept his fate. He quietly got up and packed his things. He placed the letter Liz had written for him in his leather journal. He left Serenity Inn with a quick goodbye to Maria and Michael. Neither asked questions and Max suspected that they knew more than they let on, but he didn’t question it. He would always remember Liz and the love and passion they had shared.

Chapter 6

The Wedding Day

Alex watched Elizabeth stare at herself in the mirror. He thought that she looked absolutely stunning. Her dark brown hair had been curled and piled on top of her head, held there by dozens of tiny pearls strategically placed throughout her hair. Her strapless wedding gown hugged every curve on her. There was a slit on the left side that stopped just above her knee. She wore clear stiletto heels. A pearl necklace, pearl bracelet, and pearl earrings adorned her neck, wrist, and ears. She wore no make up except for a sheer lip gloss. Alex could see the sadness in her eyes, so he offered her some support.

“Elizabeth, I know that this all seems so hard, but it will be okay.” He smiled at her.

She turned towards him and nodded. She took a deep breathe, “You are right. I will do this for my people, my parents, and my planet. Please tell my father that I am ready.”

Liz had insisted that no one help her get ready. And then, she had only let Alex in once she was dressed. He was always a calming presence in her life. She had come back to a calm palace. She expected her parents to be freaking out and the public to be worried, however she had found that Alex had taken care of everything. He had convinced her parents that she just needed time, and her parents had told the public that she was going on a retreat before her wedding. She had wanted to be alone while she got ready to mourn her relationship with Max in private. She had accepted that they would never be together again, but while she got ready for her wedding she had finally said goodbye to him in her mind.

The door opened and her father came in. She turned toward him and took his outstretched hand offering a small smile to him.

***************************************************************************************

“Zan, are you sure that you are all right?” Isabelle asked.

“I’m fine.” He replied never taking his eyes off of the letter he was reading.

Isabelle wasn’t sure what the letter said, or who it was from, but she knew that he read it every day since he had returned from his trip.

“Their waiting for you.” she said, as she turned and left the room.

Zan folded up the letter and put it in his breast pocket on the inside of his tuxedo jacket. He had returned home to find the palace the same as he had left it. His parents had finally understood why he did what he did and they had given him his space and time. He sighed as he headed out the door and towards the wedding ceremony. He took his place beside the priestess and waited for the princess. He had found it funny that her name was Elizabeth and wondered if she went by Liz, although he knew he could never call her that.

****************************************************************************************

Liz stood outside of the door with her father. She took a deep breath and nodded to the men waiting to open the doors. As the doors opened she looked everywhere but at her future husband. She was afraid all of a sudden. She didn’t know if she could do it, if she could marry any one other than Max, her handsome, beautiful, sweet Max. She suddenly felt tears well within her eyes, but she pushed them back. She realized they were at the end of the aisle and looked up at the man she was supposed to marry. Shock coursed throughout her body and she felt herself fall forward as darkness surrounded her.

Zan reached forward and caught Liz before she hit the ground. He couldn’t believe it. They had spent all this time running from their destiny when they had run into it anyway. He laughed despite the situation, his beautiful, strong, kind Liz was Princess Elizabeth. He looked up as he remembered that they weren’t alone.

He gathered her in his arms, “Please allow me to take care of her for a few minutes. I think she just needs some water.”

Liz’s mother and father nodded.

Zan carried her into a small room that was attached to the ceremony room. He rained tiny kisses over her face and watched her eyes flutter open.

“Max?” she asked softly.

“Hi.” he smiled at her.

“You…you’re Prince Zan.”

And then she laughed at the entire situation. Zan laughed along with her.

“You look beautiful.” Zan said as he kissed her.

She kissed him back and then broke the kiss to rest her forehead against his.

“I guess we do get our happily ever after.”

“We get that and then some.” Zan said as he kissed her again.

Once again Liz broke the kiss, “What do you say we go get married?”

“I think you are brilliant.”

They laughed as they walked out hand in hand to get married. As they walked out they saw Michael and Maria who both winked at them. They just smiled and nodded in return.

Epilogue

One year later

Zan and Liz walked hand and hand into Serenity Inn followed by Isabelle and Alex.

Maria rushed towards both couples and hugged them as Michael walked over and greeted everyone.

“Maria, you didn’t have to shut the Inn down just for us.” Liz said.

Maria shrugged, “Yeah, I did. Michael and I needed a break anyway. C’mon, Michael will show you to your rooms. Alex and Isabelle you guys are on the third floor, Liz and Zan, you have your old room.”

Everyone laughed and smiled at their significant other. Once they were settled in, they made their way down the stairs and into the dining room. A table was elegantly set and Michael and Maria were carrying in all sorts of dishes with food on them.

As the three couples sat down, Maria stood up, “I would like to congratulate Liz and Zan on one year of wedded bliss.” Everyone raised their glasses and drank the sparkling cider.

“Also, to Alex and Isabelle. Congratulations on their engagement.” Once again everyone drank.

“And, I’d like to make an announcement. Michael and I are having a baby.” Isabelle and Liz jumped up and congratulated Maria and then Michael, while Alex and Zan hugged Maria and then Michael.

The six friends ate their meal with idle chatter about weddings, babies, and celebrations.

Later on that night Zan climbed into bed next to Liz and pulled her to him.

“Happy anniversary, baby.”

He kissed her.

“You too, sweetheart.”

Zan said, “Oh, I have something for you.” He went over to his bag and pulled out a small box.

Liz smiled up at him, “Thank you.” she said as she took the box from him.

She opened it and gasped at the beautiful white gold chain that held a heart shaped diamond.

“Zan, it’s beautiful.” She whispered before she kissed him. She pulled it out of the box and Zan put it on her. She turned towards him and kissed him again. Their kisses turning more and more passionate, but Liz broke away.

“Wait,” she breathed out, “I have something for you.”

She smiled at Zan as she watched him try to reign in his lust.

She climbed out of bed and retrieved two boxed from her bag.

She handed him one.

He opened it and smiled. It was a beautiful platinum frame holding a picture of the two of them from their wedding day. He pulled it out of the box and admired the way that the photographer had caught the love that was shared between them.

Then Liz handed him another box. He opened it eagerly and was stunned. Inside was a small baby’s blanket, and it was embroidered with the word’s Daddy’s little girl. He looked up at Liz and saw the love and happiness in her eyes. He scooped her up into his arms and let his tears fall. They were going to have a little girl. He really had gotten his happily ever after.