Beware of the Phoenix (AU,M/L,TEEN) Complete 23/4/07

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

Later that night, after Maria and Kyle had attempted to explain to their parents why they weren’t going to be around for Thanksgiving, I was sleeping on a fold-away mattress on Maria’s bedroom floor. Actually, that’s not quite true - I was tossing and turning, unable to settle my mind enough to allow me to sleep. It could’ve been the different environment, being back on Earth, but I knew it probably wasn’t. Although I tried to deny it, the one thing that was sitting uneasy with me was thinking about my parents. I could be angry with them as much as I liked, and want to punish them for their reaction to the truth about who I really was, but the reality was, I needed them to accept me. Making a decision, and without waking Maria, I put on my boots and slipped out of her bedroom window.

Walking down the streets of Roswell, I realised that not much had changed in my absence. In fact, to most people in town, my absence probably went completely unnoticed. This intergalactic phenomenon was happing in their town, and they were all completely unaware, snug in the beds, still believing that aliens did not exist. There were a lot of things I could do to open their eyes, but why bother? Let them continue to dream their sweet dreams.

Much sooner than I had expected, I found myself standing outside the diner. The lights were all off, my parents probably having gone to bed hours ago. The house looked the same, although the pot plants on my balcony were looking a little unkempt. My father, the meticulous gardener, had obviously found other things more important than tending to them. I climbed through my bedroom window, careful not to make a noise, and surprised at still how natural it felt, as though two years hadn’t passed since the last time I did it.

As my eyes adjusted to the light, I noticed that my room was exactly as I had left it. I had half expected it to be turned into a sewing room, or a guest bedroom, anything to hide the fact that I had never existed here at all. Instead, I found my posters still hanging on my wall; my school books stacked on the desk; and the photo of Maria and I by my bedside lamp. It was as though my parents had kept it as a shrine, leaving it ready for me to return to. I shook that thought off as immediately as it had come. It was more likely the case that they just couldn’t bring themselves to come in here as it would remind them that they had a normal child … once.

Climbing back out the window, I walked away from the house, not ready to see my parents, but still not ready to return to Maria’s house. Instead I headed for the church down the road. There was a time that I thought of this place as a refuge, and I wanted to see if I could find that comfort again.

The door to the church was unlocked, which surprised me, but what surprised me more was the sight upon entering the sanctuary. Sitting in the one of the pews were my parents. I stopped suddenly, wondering whether it was too late to sneak back out without them realising I was there. There heads were bent together and their hands were clasped as they were clinging to each other for life. Taking two slow steps backwards, my luck disappeared and the wooden floorboards creaked under my weight. My parents heads shot up at the sound, and within seconds I was looking at them in the eyes.

“Hello.” My father said, standing up to greet me. “Can we help you?”

At this point I was relieved that I was in my Antarian form so they didn’t recognise me.

“I … I saw the door was open… I should go.” I said, trying to make a quick retreat.

“No, don’t go. You’re welcome here.” My father said, placing a hand on my shoulder. At his touch I had a flash of the sadness he felt at losing a daughter. I shivered at the sensation, wondering if this was true, or just what my heart was longing for.

“You’re cold.” He said, noticing me shiver, and began to lead me towards the front of the church where there was a heater.

“I’m fine.” I protested, but my father would not hear of it.

“My wife will get you something warm to drink.” He said, and I saw my mother walk in the direction of the kitchen.

“Where are you from?” My father asked.

“Very far from here.” I replied.

“You seem very familiar. Do you have family here?” He asked.

“I used to.” I answered.

I stared at his face. He hadn’t changed much, although I noticed that he had more grey hair and a few more wrinkles. At this point my mother handed me a cup of hot chocolate, and gave me a warm smile. She had not changed much either, although her eyes seemed sadder. I knew I should leave, I knew they wouldn’t want me here, but I just couldn’t bring myself to move. Not having them in my life for two years made me realise, now that I was with them, how much I missed them and needed them in my life. They were the only parents I had left, and I knew there had been a time that they had loved me.

“Can I ask, what happened to them?” My father asked, continuing the topic of my family.

“I don’t know. I had to leave. They … they didn’t want me anymore. Now that I am here, I don’t know how to find my way back to them.” At this point I began to cry, which made my father put his hand once again on my shoulder. The warmth of his hand was so comforting; it reminded me of the times he would do the same thing as I was bent over my homework, struggling to write a difficult essay. He always made me believe that I could do anything.

“Why would you think that they didn’t want you anymore?” He asked.

“Because I was different. I was not the person they thought I was.”

“Being different isn’t a bad thing, it just means you’re a special.” My father reassured me. I thought to myself if only he knew that I was talking about him, he wouldn’t be so understanding.

“Not this different.” I said, standing up and pacing.

“I’m sure they still loved you, no matter what.” My mother said. At this point I turned to look at her, feeling the tears well up in my eyes.

“I wish that was true.” I said honestly.

“What if we could find them, you could talk to them, maybe you would see that they regretted what had happened.” My father suggested.

“Can I ask you something?” I turned to my father. “If someone you loved, had kept a secret from you, had things about her that made her different. What would you reaction be?”

My parents’ faces both went white at my question and glanced at each other in shared understanding, before my father responded.

“We had a daughter … have a daughter. One day we discovered she was different to the person we thought she was. We were shocked at first, and didn’t respond as we should have. Now it’s too late. She’s gone, and she will never know how much we still love her.”

At this point I burst into a flood of tears. Tears of joy that they could actually still love me, despite my differences.

“D-do you really mean t-that?” I stuttered.

“Every day we come here and pray that she will come back to us, even if it is just to give us the chance to tell her how much we love her and to make sure she’s okay. That’s what we were doing when you came here tonight.”

“Do you believe that God will answer your prayers?” I asked.

“I do. I have faith that he will make it right again, and lift this burden from us.”

“You’re right to have that faith.” I said, wiping the tears from my eyes, and as I did so, returning my facial features back to their Earthly ones, just I had done with Maria earlier that day.

“Liz?” My parents gasped. “Is that really you?”

“Yes.” I replied softly, praying that they were true to their words, that they still loved me.

It didn’t take long for me to find myself sandwiched in a bear hug between my mother and father.

“Oh honey, we have missed you so much.” My mother exclaimed, tears of joy running down her cheeks.

“I’m sorry I stayed away so long.” I replied honestly. I should have had more faith in my parents than I did, but I let my hurt get in the way of reason.

“No, we’re the ones who are sorry. That night … the night you left … we should have pulled you into a hug just like this.” My mother said.

“You’re mother tried to get to you before you disappeared, but she was not fast enough. You were gone.”

“I’m so sorry. I thought you both hated me.” I sobbed.

“We could never do that. No matter what we had seen, no matter what you would have told us, we could never stop loving you.” My father said.

“I love you both so much.” I replied, giving them an extra tight squeeze.

In the early hours of the morning, still before dawn, we were still sitting around the kitchen table, having spent the night telling my parents the truth about everything, and about what I had been doing for the past two years.

“This Zan fellow sounds like a nice young man.” My father said. I hadn’t had the heart to tell them that he was my ‘James’ that they knew and loved. I really didn’t think they were ready to hear that.

“So you’re engaged.” My mother said. “When are you getting married?”

“Tomorrow.” I replied, and practically saw my mothers jaw drop.

“Tomorrow … so soon? Does that mean you are going back?” She asked, and you could hear the disappointment in her voice.

“I’m leaving shortly.” I replied.

I could see the tears begin to pool in my mother’s eyes, no matter how she tried to hide it.

“Would you come with me?” I asked.

“Come with you? You mean go to your planet?” My mother asked.

“Yeah, you know you guys have never had a real vacation.” I joked, seeing how overwhelmed they were at the thought.

“Can we? I mean, is it even possible?” My father asked, obviously contemplating the idea.

“Sure. It’s a piece of cake. Jet lag is a bit of a killer though.”

“This isn’t the time to joke.” My father said seriously. “It’s not as though we are talking about flying across the world. We’re talking about space travel!”

“I know we are, but you can trust me. It’s perfectly safe. Besides, I need you to come with me. I was hoping you could give me away on my wedding day.”

“Oh … well … in that case, I would be honoured.” My father said, embracing me in a hug. As my cheek touched his I could feel a tear fall from his eye.

“Okay, now that that’s settled, I need to find Maria and Kyle, they’re coming too. Can you meet me in an hour, at the place where you found me as a baby?”

“What do we need to pack?” My mother said.

“Nothing. You won’t need anything.” I replied.

An hour later, Maria, Kyle and I were waiting in the desert for my parents to arrive. Kyle kept watching the sky, hoping to be the first to glimpse the shaft of light that would transport us home. Me, I was more interested in being the first to see my parents driving up that highway.

“So … what did Isabel say when you told her you were going away for Thanksgiving?” I asked Kyle, trying to make small talk to pass the time.

“I said that an old friend had come in from out of town and we were going camping to catch up.” Kyle replied.

“Did she buy it?”

“Yeah, but if she asks, you’re a 120 kilogram bald male.”

“Little white lies will get you in trouble.” Maria warned.

“Yeah, but so would telling her that I was shooting of the planet with a very sexy queen. I think I’d rather risk the lie.” Kyle smiled.

I saw headlights, and my heart leapt as I watched my parent’s the car slowly pull off the highway near to where we were sitting, relieved that they had shown up. I wouldn’t have been surprised if they had decided not to come. It wasn’t as though I was asking them to get on a plane, but I was asking them to leave everything they have ever known.

“What do we do with the car?” My father asked, always being practical.

“We’ll just leave it here for when you get back.” I replied, touching the exterior and blending it into the surroundings. My parents just looked at the, now invisible, car in shock. I had forgotten they hadn’t seen me use my powers in two years.

“So what now?” My father asked.

“Now we wait. Zan will be coming down in a little while to get us, but I thought it might be nice to sit and watch the sunrise together.” I replied.

“So you’re saying I could have slept in another hour?” Maria joked.

“I just thought you might like a preview of Antar.” I smiled. “Just watch.”

Looking at the horizon, the sky began to get lighter, and soon it was a soft pink.

“It’s beautiful.” My mother said, clasping my hand.

“I’m glad you like it.” I replied, squeezing her hand back.

On queue, the shaft of light materialised from the sky, and Zan appeared within it.

“Hey.” He said, coming over to me and giving me a quick kiss. “I hope you haven’t been waiting long.”

“Not at all.” I replied, smiling. “Zan, I’d like you to meet my parents. Mum, dad, this is my fiancé, Zan.”

“Nice to meet you young man.” My father said, taking Zan’s hand.

“Welcome to the family.” My mother said, giving him a hug.

“Okay, now that happy families are over, can we go?” Maria said, getting impatient.

“Eager, aren’t we?” I replied.

“Not really, but it’s kind of like peeling a bandaid. You just need to get it over with.” Maria replied. She had asked me so many questions that morning about what the trip would be like, that I think she had worked herself up into such a nervous state that she just wanted the travel side of things to be over.

“Okay, every one. One by one, walk into the light, and you’ll feel yourself getting lighter. The trip is quick, and make sure you keep your eyes open or you’ll miss the view.” I directed. “Follow Zan, and I’ll take up the rear. Any questions?”

“Yeah, what’s the landing like?” Kyle asked.

“Very smooth.” I replied, hustling them towards the transporter before we wasted too much more of the crystals fuelling it at the other end.

One by one, I watched my fiancé, friends and family get beamed up in the light. As I took my last step towards the light, I turned to take one more look at the sky which was now blue. Stepping into the light I wondered when I would see the sky that colour again.
"Do you see what we’ve done?
We’ve gone and made such fools of ourselves..."
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

I'm back. Sorry my daily posts have turned into weekly ones, but I have to admit that I had actually forgotten to finish writing this story. I wrote this story over a year ago, and thought I would put it down for awhile before I wrote the ending (writers block). Seems I forgot to get back to it! Oops.

Thanks as always for the feedback. It's nice that you've all hung in there for the end.

omwf - I had planned to finish after the wedding (writers block and all), but I wouldn't discount the possibility of a continuation if I was suitably motivated (or could think of a plot that wouldn't feel like the story is dragging on way past it's due date). So any suggestions for a plot, let me know.

Anyway, on with the story...

When I landed in the transporter room, I found a heated argument already going on.

“Stay away from me. I know karate!” Maria warned, backing away from Sean.

Sean put his hands up in submission.

“That’s what I thought. Now if you use any of your voodoo powers on me again, you will live to regret it.” Maria warned.

“They don’t call her Hurricane Deluca for nothing.” Kyle piped up.

“… and one false move with Li- sorry, I mean Akira, and you will wish to God that you were back on Earth.” Maria continued.

“Akira, help me out here please…” Sean begged, obviously getting a little scared of Maria.

“Hey, you brought this on yourself. You mindwarped her into kissing you. What did you expect, flowers and chocolates?” I smiled. It was good to see him squirm a little.

“And that was the only way in hell I would have kissed you. Don’t think I would have done it from my own free will, you lying, scheming, cheating…”

I quickly put my hand over Maria’s mouth before she said any more, especially in front of my parents.

“Okay, moving on. Let’s go, and I’ll show you to your rooms.” I said, leading them all out of the tranporter room. Maria glared at Sean as she walked passed him, as a warning that it wasn’t over.

When Maria and I were finally alone in her room, she brought the subject of Sean up again.

“I just don’t know why you still have him around after what he did to you.” She began.

“I know he has done some awful things in the past, but I really believe he has changed. He didn’t have to help me that night in desert with Tess, but he did.” I replied.

“Yeah, but he cheated on you. He mindwarped me! How can you trust him?”

“I know and I don’t blame you at all for the way you feel. But he and I have worked through our issues, and I have forgiven him. He’s a different person now that Kivar has no control over him. Besides, he has made an unbreakable vow to me to never hurt me or anyone I care about ever again.”

“And you believe that he’ll keep that vow?” Maria asked, dubiously.

“I do … besides, if he did break it, he would break out in incurable hives.” I smiled. Okay, so maybe I didn’t always use my powers for good …

“I know he treated you badly, but hopefully you’ll see him make amends for that, and maybe you’ll even forgive him one day.” I suggested.

“When hell freezes over.”

I just smiled. Two years had passed, and if Maria was still getting worked up over a little kiss, I could only imagine what was going to happen while they were here together.

“So, changing the subject, I was wondering … could you be my maid of honour tomorrow?” I asked, bracing myself for the screech.

“Really? Yes! Of course.” Maria squealed.

I waited a second for the inevitable question, and she didn’t disappoint.

“Oh, but what am I going to wear?” Maria looked worried, staring down at the clothes she was wearing.

“I’ve got it covered, trust me.” I smiled. In fact I had a gown especially made for her since I was so confident that she would say yes to coming back to Antar with me. “But right now, you need to get changed into something a little less Earth-like because we are going out on the town.”

Half an hour later Zan, Sean, Maria, Kyle and I met at the palace gates. My parents had declined the opportunity to join us, I think still a little shocked from the trip. I left them in the library where my father was attempting to read the entire history of Antar.

“So, where are we going?” Maria asked, edging further away from Sean and closer to me.

“To the village. Tonight they’re having a festival called the Tibulka.” I replied, squeezing Zan’s hand at the memory of the dance we had shared at the first Tibulka I had been to, and the other few we had shared there since.

“Won’t you get mobbed.” And this time it wasn’t Zan saying it, it was Maria.

“No. Zan and I go every month. We go as Max and Liz and no one recognises us. I guess they weren’t really paying attention to our appearance the day we returned from Earth to defeat Kivar.”

“Handy.” Kyle quipped.

“So, what are we waiting for? Let’s go!” I said, leading them out the gates.

The Tibulka hadn’t changed much in the past eighteen years ago, and I was excited by the fact the tradition had continued even after everything had happened with Kivar while I was gone.

Maria and Kyle, as I expected, spent half the night with their jaws gaping. They had never seen anything like it. The smells, the colour, the food, the music. They couldn’t get enough of it all.

“I want to show you something.” I said to Maria, leading her away from the table where we had all been sitting eating.

“Where are we going?” Maria asked curiously.

“To find out your future.” I replied, leading her in the direction of Madam Vivian’s.

“Cool.”

Leading Maria inside Madam Vivian’s parlour, I smiled at the thought that her rooms had not changed either. As I looked over to the waiting room, I pictured Zan squirming as I had gone into see Madam Vivian that very first time. If only he or I had known that she had predicted our destiny to be together that day, some of the intervening heartache may have been avoided. But while you can be shown your destiny, I guess you have to try and not be too stubborn to follow it.

“Welcome to Madam Vivian’s.” Madam Vivian said as she grandly entered the room.

“My Queen.” She said, bowing, after recognising me even though I was in my human form.

“Can’t get anything past you can I?” I joked, not worried about my identity being revealed. I trusted Madam Vivian after everything she had done for me in the past, including risking her life by giving me the message about the phoenix in front of Kivar.

“You wish to see the future?” Madam Vivian asked me.

“Not for me, I’m confident that my future is looking bright at the moment. But I was hoping you could do a reading for a friend of mine, Maria.” I said, indicating to where Maria stood.

“Yes, of course. Come this way.”

Maria hesitated for a moment, but after prodding her, she followed Madam Vivian to her room.

I waited in the waiting room for ten minutes or so before Maria emerged again. She seemed to have a thoughtful, almost dreamy, look on her face.

“Thanks Viv.” I said to Madam Vivian, as Maria walked out into the street, and I turned to follow her.

“Wait.” She said with some urgency. “I have another message for you.”

I stood in dread, waiting with baited breath. I felt the blood rush to my feet. I thought it was all over. I had fulfilled my destiny. What more did it want from me?

“Wha-what is it?” I stumbled.

“Tomorrow night, after the wedding …”

“Yes …” I prompted.

“… tomorrow night, you will conceive a beautiful baby girl.” Madam Vivian said smiling.

I didn’t ask Maria anything about what Madam Vivian had told her. Generally I would be curious, but I had too much on my mind myself. As we reached the table where the others sat I walked straight up to Zan and pulled him into the biggest hug I could manage.

“What’s wrong?” He asked worried, seeing the tears in my eyes. “What did Madam Vivian say this time?”

“I’ll tell you tomorrow.” I said as I pulled back to show that while I may be crying, I had a smile that I couldn’t wipe from my face. “Speaking of which, it’s getting late, and we’ve got a big day tomorrow.”

“Well then, can I have one more dance before you turn into a pumpkin?” He asked, holding out his hand.

“Of course.” I replied, taking it in mine.

Leading me to the square, we gently swayed together, even though the rest of the crowd was spinning around us. We didn’t care. Our favourite dance was when we could just hold each other. They didn’t slow dance much on Antar, and that was one thing I was determined to change if I could help it. Just so others would know how beautiful it could be to slow down and just breathe together.
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

Sorry, another short part. We will get to the wedding soon, I promise. I think someone (me) is having trouble letting go and wants to drag it out as long as possible (or it's that pesky writer's block again ...)

“What?” I asked, looking up from the book I was reading to see Maria staring at me like I had grown another head.

“Liz … do you know what day it is today?” Maria questioned.

“Of course I do. It is the 2nd day of the month of Phi.” I replied, returning to my book.

“And what is happening on the 2nd day of the month of Flea or whatever?” Maria continued.

“I think there’s a wedding later…” I replied, watching Maria get more and more agitated.

“That’s right. There’s a wedding – your wedding. And you’re sitting there calmly reading a book. Aren’t you even a little bit nervous?”

“Not really.”

“C’mon Liz, you can admit it to me, that’s what I’m here for. To tell you that you’ve got nothing to worry about and it will all go smoothly. I can’t do that if you’re this calm … it’s just not natural.”

“Maria, I know there’s nothing to worry about and it is all going to go smoothly. But I could start pacing if you like. Would that make you feel better?” I offered.

“Ugh! You’re impossible you know that?” Maria said, standing to walk out of the room. She stopped when the door opened to reveal Zan.

“What are you doing here?” Maria demanded.

“Nice to see you too Maria.” Zan replied, before coming over to me and planting a kiss on my cheek.

“Don’t you know its bad luck for the groom to see the bride on the wedding day?” Maria explained.

“That would make it awfully hard to get married wouldn’t it?” I joked.

“You know what I mean. He isn’t supposed to see you until you walk down the aisle.”

“We don’t have that custom on Antar. Besides, we’re not going to have any bad luck ever again.” I said, squeezing Zan’s hand in mine.

“Fine. Whatever. Play havoc with your fates. I’m going for a walk.” Maria said, exiting the room.

“What’s up with her?” Zan asked, taking Maria’s vacated seat.

“Apparently I’m too calm. So she’s stressing out for the both of us.” I said, putting down my book. “So …”

“So …” Zan replied.

“We’re getting married.” I said.

“Yeah, we are.” Zan grinned.

“It’s not too late to back out you know. I’d understand.” I offered, still feeling that I didn’t deserve for Zan to love me as much as he does.

“Are you kidding? I wouldn’t have it any other way.” Zan replied, taking my hand in his and leading me to the window. It was the same window in which I had seen the approaching army all of those years ago. Now as I looked down on the village I only saw my people going about their business. The road that led from the village to the palace gates had been lined with flowers and people were starting to gather, wanting to secure a good spot to see the Queen and soon-to-be King travel to and from the church for the ceremony.

“I can’t wait to become your husband.” Zan said, looking me in the eyes.

“Me too.” I replied, leaning my head on his chest. “You’re wife, I mean.”

Zan smiled, and we just stood by the window in each other’s arms. It was so nice just holding each other and looking down on the world. Sometimes I couldn’t believe that I was actually the Queen, and I would panic that I was too young for such a responsibility. Now that I would have Zan forever by my side, I wasn’t worried anymore. We would have a beautiful life, a glorious reign, and soon, a little baby girl.

“What are you thinking about?” Zan asked, wanting to share the joy he could sense I was feeling at that moment. I thought about telling him now, but I didn’t want to jinx anything. I was nervous enough myself at the thought of the life we would be creating.

“I’m thinking about how glad I am that you are here with me now.” I replied.

“I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else.” Zan replied, squeezing me even tighter.

“Huh-hmm.” A voice announced their presence at the doorway. It was my father.

“Sorry to interrupt. It’s just, I think you need to check on Maria. She needs some of that cedar oil or whatever it was that she used to take to calm her nerves.” My father said.

“Where is she?” I asked, giving an apologetic look to Zan for having to shorten our time together.

“Your mother finally convinced her to go outside and get some fresh air. I think she went in the direction of the lake.”

“I’ll find her, thanks dad.” I said as I walked passed, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

As I made my way down to the lake, I slowed down when I heard voices in front of me. Not wanting to walk in on a private conversation, and not wanting to eavesdrop, I began to walk away. But I stopped dead in my tracks when I realised who the voices belonged to. I just had to listen to this…

“Why are you still here? You lost. Zan won. What are you trying to prove?” Maria demanded.

“I may have lost her love, but I still have her friendship. She is my Queen, and as a Royal Guard I have made a vow to protect her.” Sean replied in his defence.

“You have a funny way of showing your protection. You cheated on her, left her at the mercy of Kivar…”

“And I will be eternally sorry for it. But I’ve changed. Kivar no longer has a hold over me, and I intend to spend every day making amends for what I did.”

Maria seemed to believe him, and her tone of voice became less accusatory.

“So how do you feel about her marrying Zan today?” Maria asked.

“It hurts. But then again, I always knew they were meant to be together. Even when she was with me, I could tell that she retained part of herself just for him. I was never going to be able to compete with that.”

“But she agreed to marry you.”

“I know. But I still wonder if she would have ever gone through with it in the end. Her heart wouldn’t have let her.”

“And now you are the best man?” Maria said, sensing the irony.

“Yeah. And you’re the maid of honour, so that means we’re going to have to dance together.” Sean said, and I could tell that he was grinning, trying to stir her up.

“Like hell.” Maria retorted.

“It was worth a try.” Sean conceded.

I left them there and headed back to the palace. I wondered about what Sean had said. Would I have called off my engagement to him if I hadn’t found out what he had been up to? Would I have gotten over my stubbornness and told Zan how I felt? I didn’t know. But it was all in the past now. Zan and I were getting married in a few hours, and we were going to be the happiest people on the planet – just the three of us.
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

I'm back... Sorry for the delay, but I'm in the midst of writing assignments at the moment. Thanks for the feedback, and welcome to SciChenn!

So, I intended for this to be the last part, but thanks to some prodding from omwf :D , I got thinking about whether there could be more to the story... Plus I wasn't that happy with what I wrote for the wedding, and would rather have the story end with some more inspired writing (another draw back of trying to write a quick part between assignments to keep the masses happy - and by the term masses I am refering the the handful of regulars that are letting me know that they are reading my fic!).

I hope you all enjoy, and as always, leave your feedback to get me inspired to post the next part sooner! (who needs sleep anyway ...)

“Ready honey?” My father asked, as he walked into my dressing chamber. I was standing at the full length mirror, dressed in my gown, and checking that everything looked perfect. He stood for a moment and looked at my reflection. “You look beautiful.”

“Thanks Dad.” I replied smiling. I was so glad he was here with me on my wedding day. To think I almost left Earth for a second time without telling them the truth. If I had, I don’t know if I would be going through with my wedding now - not without them by my side.

“I always knew that someday this day would come, when I would have to give away my little girl, but I never imagined it would be quite like this… My daughter - Queen of another planet.”

“I know. Me either… I’m so sorry Dad, for everything I put you and mum through during the past few years. I never meant to hurt you.” I said, trying to stop a tear escaping.

“I know you didn’t, sweetheart. But it’s not your fault. Your mother and I could have handled things much better too. We’re sorry too.”

“Thanks Dad.” I replied, stepping into his waiting arms for a hug.

“So, should we get going? You don’t want to keep that man of yours waiting.”

“Yeah. I’m ready.” I replied, looking into the mirror once again, and with a wave of my hand, fixing my smudged makeup. “Let’s go.”

As we walked outside to where the carriages were pulled up, Maria and my mother were waiting.

“Liz, you are going to have to tell me who your dress maker is. I absolutely love my dress.” Maria said, as she handed me my bouquet.

“I thought you’d like it. I designed it myself.” I replied.

“Well, in that case, if this Queen thing doesn’t work out, at least you’ll have another profession to fall back on.” Maria joked.

“You look beautiful honey.” My mum said as she leant in to give me a kiss on the cheek. “My little baby is all grown up.”

“Thanks mum.” I replied, giving her a hug, before we all climbed into the waiting carriage.

As we drove through the palace gates, and along the road that led into the village, I waved at the people that had lined the street to see me. There were small children holding flowers and flags with the Royal emblem. I had had two years to get used to this type of treatment, but I never stopped feeling astounded every time, by their apparent love for me. A part of me was still that small town girl that used to work in a diner after school. That part of me couldn’t believe that these people would trust me enough to rule the planet. I knew I was making the right decision by also giving them a king. Zan and I were going to make a wonderful team, and we were going to create a wonderful family together.

We pulled up by the entrance of the church. The church on Antar was not like that on Earth. We believed that as God made the planet, and everything in it, then the closest we could be to worshiping God was when we were surrounded by his creation. Therefore, the church was actually a clearing in the middle of a forest, where we could see the sky, birds, animals, trees and flowers.

I began to make my way up the path through the forest, where I saw Zan, Sean and the priest waiting for us in the middle of the clearing. On the edges of the clearing a crowd had gathered, wanting to view the special event. It dawned on me that many years ago, my own parents would have stood in this very spot when they were married. I wondered if they were looking down on me now, happy that I was alive and well, and about to marry Zan.

My father led me down towards where Zan was waiting, to the sound of an Antarian instrument that was similar to a violin. As I reached Zan, my father gave me a kiss on the cheek, shook hands with Zan, and stepped back. Before the priest, Zan and I clasped hands. We were then encircled by my parents, Maria, Kyle, Sean, Xavier, and other Royal Advisors and friends. The circle represented protection, love and security. It was a vow that each and every one of them would uplift and support us in our marriage, and in our role as King and Queen.

I smiled at Zan, and he returned it with enthusiasm.

“You’re beautiful.” He smiled, as a single tear of joy fell from his eye.

“Hey, that’s my job.” I replied, wiping the tear away from his cheek.

“Sorry, I … I’m just so overwhelmed.”

“Huh-hmm.” The priest interrupted. “Are you ready to begin?”

“Yes, sorry.” I replied, giving Zan’s hand a squeeze.

“We are gathered in this sacred place, in the sight of God, to join these two people in a holy and sacred bond. If there is anyone here today that believes these two people should not wed, speak now…”

There was a deafening silence, as everybody gave their consent to our marriage.

“In that case, I ask each of you, who have come to support Queen Akira and Zan, to take a step forward and give your blessing to the union.” The priest continued.

My parents were the first to step forward and each place alternate red and white roses on the ground in front of us. They were followed by Sean, Maria and Kyle, and then the remainder of our friends, before stepping back to reform the circle.

“Now, Queen Akira and Zan, I ask you to place your palms together…”

We did, and as our palm touched, we were surrounded by the Zan’s blue, and my white light, enclosing us in a sphere of blue and white.

“Do you agree to love and cherish each other, upholding one another in faith, and supporting each other until death?”

“We do.” We replied, and as we did, the blue and white light combined, to create a single aqua-blue colour.

“I hereby pronounce you man and wife, forever joined as one.”

The light disappeared, and tears were running down both our faces. The feeling of unity was overwhelming. I could feel exactly what Zan was feeling, and he was overflowing in love for me. I made sure he could feel the same emanating from me. Zan’s response was to cup my face in his hands and pull my lips towards his for a passionate kiss that had the crowd cheering.

Zan and I walked over to my parents, and Zan’s father, who each congratulated us in turn, before we turned to the others members of the circle. With a wave to the crowd, Zan and I, headed to the carriages to return to the palace for the celebratory dinner.

In the carriage, Zan held my hand tightly, and wouldn’t let go. It was the first time we had the chance to be alone in the last few days, and we were enjoying the moment.

“Did I tell you how beautiful you look today?” Zan said, kissing my hand, but still not letting go.

“Once or twice, but feel free to tell me again.” I smiled.

“You’re beautiful.”

“You’re handsome.” I replied.

“You’re gorgeous.” Zan countered.

“You’re stunning.”

“You’re exquisite.” He said, kissing the base of my neck.

“You win.” I replied, meeting his lips with my own.

“So, what are our first duties as husband and wife?” Zan asked.

“Well, I know what I’d like to be doing, but we have a party to attend.”

“Okay, party first, then you and me later.” Zan replied, returning to kiss my neck again.

“Maybe we could leave the party before the dessert …”

“… or maybe … just skip the party … altogether…” Zan said in between kisses.

“Okay … when the carriage stops, we make a run for it. Deal?” I proposed.

“Deal.”

At that moment the carriage stopped and the door opened to reveal Maria and Sean waiting for us.

“Just in case you had any ideas of skipping your dinner, we’ve come to escort you.” Sean said, as he assisted me out of the carriage.

“Uh … thanks guys. That was very … thoughtful.” I replied, giving Zan an apologetic look.

As the four of us walked towards the palace gardens, we saw the fairy lights and balloons decorating the area. There were tables set for at least three hundred people, and silverware and napkins as far as the eye could see.

“Wow.” Was all I could say. I hadn’t had much to do with the dinner preparations, and I was astounded at how beautiful the place looked. I began to think it wasn’t such a bad thing that Sean and Maria had made sure we didn’t miss it.

“So, I’ve been thinking…” Maria began. We were sitting together at the bridal table, long after the formalities were over. The dance floor was less crowded, and the cake had been devoured. “… What if, instead of going home with Kyle and your parents tonight, I stay here with you.”

“That would be fantastic!” I responded, practically jumping out of my chair to wrap her up in a hug. “But what about your parents, and college?”

“Well, I thought I could go and visit them occasionally. Lets face it, I’ll probably only see them in the holidays anyway, even if I was living on Earth. And college – well, you go to college to get a job, but if I lived here, I could just be your live-in maid or personal assistant or whatever, and I wouldn’t need to get a job.”

“I will not have you as my maid.” I replied. “But I would like to have you here as my friend.”

“Cool. So do I get some sort of official title?” Maria said, excited by the thought of living in the palace for the remainder of my reign.

“I’m sure we can come up with something appropriate.” I replied, excited that she would be staying here with me. “But if you stay, you’ll be seeing a bit more of Sean. Do you think you could handle that?”

“I … well … I’m sure that won’t be too much of a problem.” Maria blushed.

I knew perfectly well why she was blushing. While Zan and I were on the dance floor earlier that night, Sean and Maria were also enjoying a dance together. It was customary for the best man and maid of honour to share the first dance of the night, and I couldn’t help but notice that they seemed to be enjoying it a little too much.

“Can I ask you something?” Maria asked Sean.

“Anything.” He replied.

“Do you feel itchy at all?”

“What? No.”

“No rashes that you can’t explain?” Maria pursued.

“No. What’s with the questions?” Sean replied confused.

“Just checking that you’re not doing any voodoo on me.”

“Okay …” Sean said, obviously still confused what that had to do with being itchy.

“Well, Liz said that if you ever tried to hurt anyone ever again you would break out in hives, and I was just checking that my desire to kiss you at this moment wasn’t because you were mind warping me.” Maria blurted.

“Hang on, what? You want to kiss me?” Sean said astounded.

“Hey, it has come as just as much of a shock to me too buddy.”

Sean began to lean in for a kiss, but Maria pulled away abruptly.

“You know what, never mind. The feeling’s gone.” Maria replied, storming away, leaving Sean on the dance floor scratching his head as to what had just happened.

“I have to go … uh … to the bathroom.” Maria said, leaving the table, and me to just smile at her as she left.

Later that night Zan and I took my parents and Kyle back to the transporter room to say goodbye.

“I wish you could stay here with me.” I said to my parents, giving them a huge hug.

“I know honey. But this isn’t our home. We don’t belong here. And besides, someone has to feed greasy burgers to the tourists.” My father joked.

“Okay, but you know I’ll come and visit often. And if you ever need me, you just need to call.”

“How?” My mother asked confused.

I handed them a device that looked a little like a car alarm button. “Just press that once and I’ll come as soon as I can.”

“Oh, honey, thankyou.” My mother said, and I could see the relief in her eyes that she wasn’t going to be cut off from me forever.

“The transporter is ready.” Zan said, checking the equipment.

“I’m going to miss you two.” I said, giving them another squeeze.

“We’ll miss you too honey.” My father said, giving me a final kiss on the cheek.

“Look after her son.” My father said, turning to Zan.

“I will Sir.”

“Let’s have none of this ‘Sir’ business. You can call me Dad. And next time you come to our house, come as yourself, not James.” My father continued.

“H-how did you know?” I asked.

“I’m your father, I know everything.” He said with a wink. “Besides, the eyes are a dead giveaway.”

“Okay, so we’ll try and be down for Christmas.” I said, walking them over to the transporter. “And when we do, we might have a little surprise for you.”

Zan looked at me quizzically, but didn’t say anything.

“Okay, we’ll see you then.” My mother said, taking my father’s hand and stepping with him into the transporter. I watched as they were beamed up into the light, and gave them a final wave before they disappeared from view.

“Are you sure I can’t persuade you to stay?” I asked, turning my attention to Kyle, who had politely stayed quiet during my goodbye to my parents.

“Not that I wouldn’t love to, but I have someone waiting for me back home.”

“Of course. Well, you never know, if things turn out with Isabel, you may even be able to bring her back one day.” I offered.

“Really? Wow, that would be so cool. Thanks Liz.” Kyle said, giving me a hug.

“No problem. And here…” I said, handing him a button like I had given to my parents. “Any time you need to contact Maria or I, just use this… Where is she by the way?”

“I’m not sure; I haven’t seen her since dinner. We’ve already said our goodbye’s though.”

“Okay, well, you’d better be going.” I said, giving him a final hug. “Stay in touch. Let us know how things are going with Isabel. And could you make sure my parents get home okay?”

“Will do. Thanks for the adventure Liz.” Kyle said, stepping into the transporter.

“Anytime.” I replied, waving goodbye to him as he disappeared from view. I stood looking at the transporter for a moment, letting it sink in that my parents, and Kyle, had gone.

“Are you okay?” Zan asked, noticing that I was looking a little despondent.

“I’m fine.” I replied, stepping into his arms.

“Should we get back to the party?”

“Actually, I think I’m all partied out. I thought maybe we could just go to bed.” I replied, giving him a look that indicated we wouldn’t be going straight to sleep.

“After you, my Queen.” Zan replied, leading me out of the room.

I awoke with a start, sitting quickly up in bed and grabbing my chest as though I couldn’t breathe. I was sweating and my heart was racing. I must have been having a bad dream, but for the life of me I couldn’t remember what it was.

It was still dark outside, the sun only just beginning to creep above the horizon. As I looked over I saw Zan’s sleeping form lying next to me. I considered waking him up, but he looked so peaceful, so instead, I crept quietly out of bed towards the window.

Looking down on the garden below, the garden was still filled with decorations from the party the night before. As I looked towards the village to watch the sunrise I saw a sudden flash of movement pass the window. I jumped back in shock, but immediately leant back against the window to see if I could glimpse what it had been. As I looked down, I saw a giant bird land on the lawn. It was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen, and in curiosity, I grabbed my robe and headed for the garden.

In retrospect, that was probably one of the worst decisions I had ever made.

Beware of the phoenix …

END OF BOOK THREE
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

IMPORTANT NOTE: For this book to work how I would like it to, I have had to change writing styles, so it is no longer from Liz's POV. Hopefully it still works ...

Book 4

Zan yawned as he slowly opened his eyes against the morning sunlight. Squinting them shut again against the light, he held his hand to his head in pain. He didn’t think he had that much to drink the night before, but his head was killing him. He rolled over to see if Akira was still asleep, intending to wake her up if she was, but his outstretched arm revealed an empty bed. He opened his eyes to confirm that she was gone. He really must have had a lot to drink if he hadn’t woken when she had gotten out of bed. Normally he was such a light sleeper.

Looking around the room he began to feel uneasy. He knew enough of Akira’s habits to know that she always left her nightgown, robe and slippers by her dresser after she had dressed for the day. Today all three were missing. It was odd because Akira rarely wandered around the palace in her nightgown, always conscious that there were guards and advisors in the palace at any given time. Zan tried to reach out to her through their connection, but all he got was static. He could barely feel her, and she was getting further away by the minute.

“Shit.” Zan said, racing out of the bedroom, not caring that he was wearing nothing but his boxers.

“Open up, open up.” Zan said as he beat down the door in front of him. The door was eventually opened by a grouchy Sean, cursing under his breath for being woken so early in the morning.

“What’s wrong?” Sean asked, seeing Zan puffing in front of him, wearing only his boxers and looking pale.

“She’s gone.”

“What do you mean she’s gone?” Sean asked, knowing exactly who Zan was referring to.

“I woke up and she was gone. We have to find her.”

“Relax. She’s probably just taking a walk or something.”

“She’s not. I can barely feel her, I can’t connect with her, she’s too far away!” Zan said, the panic evident in his voice.

“Okay, okay, we’ll find her. I’ll send out the guards to check the grounds before we start jumping to conclusions. Let me just grab some clothes, and perhaps you should do the same…” Sean suggested.

Zan looked down for the first time and realised he hadn’t thought to dress before he came screaming down here.

“Wow, what’s going on here?” Maria said, suddenly coming around the corner and seeing Sean and Zan standing in the hallway dressed in their underwear.

“Akira’s gone.” Sean replied.

“What do you mean she’s gone?” Maria asked, repeating Sean’s words from earlier.

“I woke up and she was gone.” Zan said.

“She’s probably just taking a walk.” Maria also suggested.

“Thanks Maria, we’ve done this part of the conversation already.” Sean replied.

Maria just rolled her eyes at Sean.

“You guys didn’t have a fight did you?” Maria asked, turning her attention back to Zan.

“No, of course not.”

“And there weren’t any … you know … performance problems?”

“What? What’s that got to do with anything?” Zan retorted.

“Well, it’s just that I know Liz, sorry, Akira. And she would have had built up a whole heap of expectations for her wedding night, and well, if something didn’t live up to it, she might have freaked.”

“And that would explain why the connection is getting weaker. She probably just wants to be left alone for a while.” Sean added.

“So, what happened?” Maria asked.

“I … I don’t remember.” Zan admitted.

“What do you mean you don’t remember?” Maria asked astonished. “It couldn’t have been that forgettable.”

“No … I … the last thing I remember is going back to Liz’s bedroom. There were rose petals everywhere and candles…”

“… you can thank me later for that.” Maria interrupted.

“ … and I had a glass of champagne.” Zan continued. “Akira didn’t. Then we danced for a while. That’s the last I remember. When I woke up in the morning she was gone.”

“That must have been some glass of champagne …” Maria joked. “Anyway, so you probably passed out, Akira got upset and has gone to walk it off. We’ll find her.”

“She’s right man. Get dressed and we’ll go and find her.”

Zan begrudgingly headed back to the room. Sean and Maria just didn’t understand. If she was here on the grounds he would feel it. When he re-entered the room he noticed that the petals and candles were still there, but the bottle of champagne wasn’t. Akira wouldn’t have taken it would she? He tried to remember whether it was there when he had gotten out of bed, but he couldn’t remember. Did he imagine the champagne in the first place?

Five minutes later he sat on the lawn, watching the Royal Guards searching the grounds. He didn’t join them because he knew Akira wasn’t here. Soon they would all realise it too, and then the real search would begin.

As Zan put his head in his hands, willing for the nightmare to end, and for Akira to burst through the palace gates, he looked down on the ground in front of him. There, lying in the grass was the necklace he had given her all of those years ago when they had been on Earth. He tried to remember if she had been wearing it yesterday. He pictured her neck, and remembered she had been wearing a string of pearls, not this necklace. As he picked it up off the grass, he received an image of them dancing the night before and noticing Akira wearing the necklace around her wrist like a bracelet. Akira had been wearing it last night, and chances are she had been wearing it this morning when she had disappeared.

Had she dropped it? Had there been a struggle? Did she deliberately take it off? He racked his brain to find just one thing that he had done wrong to make her run away, but he couldn’t remember. He had never drunk so much before that he hadn’t been able to remember what he had done the next morning. And he hadn’t drunk that much last night. There must have been something in the champagne. What had he done? Had he caused her to leave, or had he been unable to protect her as she had been taken from him? He promised to always protect her, and he had already let her down within 24 hours of them being married.

He looked up to see Sean and Maria walking towards him looking dejected.

“There’s no sign of her.” Sean said.

Zan just nodded. It was what he had expected.

“We’ll widen the search. Someone must have seen something.” Sean offered.

Zan nodded again.

“I’m so sorry Zan.” Maria replied, feeling bad for making light of Zan’s concern earlier that morning.

“Maria. Did you arrange for the bottle of champagne to be put in Liz’s room last night?” Zan asked suddenly.

“Yeah, I thought it would be a nice touch.” Maria replied.

“Where did you get it from?” Zan asked.

“I asked one of the waiters to get it for me.”

“Could you recognise him again if you saw him?”

“Yeah, why?” Maria asked.

“I think someone drugged me. If we find out who it was, we might find Akira.”

“I’ll call all the staff together.” Sean said, hurrying towards the palace.

“We’ll find her Zan.” Maria said, sitting down next to him and placing a hand on his shoulder.

“I just wish I knew what had happened. Did I do something to make her leave? Or was she taken from me while I slept? Did I fail to protect her?”

“I know it doesn’t sound like the better alternative, but I don’t think it was something you did. She must have been taken from us.”

“But who? Kivar is dead. There’s been no news of any uprisings. There haven’t been any warnings from the prophet or …”

“… or what?” Maria asked, when Zan paused.

“Madam Vivian! Akira has been acting weird since her visit to her. Maybe Akira knew something was going to happen but didn’t tell us.”

“But she seemed so happy…” Maria replied.

“I need to go and see Madam Vivian.” Zan said, rising to his feet.

“I’ll come with you.” Maria said, rising to follow.

“No, you need to stay here and ID the waiter. I’ll be back soon.”

“Okay. Hurry back.” Maria said, watching Zan take off down the hill towards the village.

Akira jerked awake from the jolting of the carriage as it left the paved road and began journeying along an unsealed one. Her hands were tied behind her back, and she could feel the dried blood on her wrists and ankles where the binds were digging into her skin. She was gagged, and was struggling to swallow.

Pulling herself to her knees, a wave of nausea hit her and she almost fainted from the pain in her head. As she struggled to peer out of the small window in the carriage, she tried to get her bearings. She was travelling towards the desert, at rapid speed, but nothing looked familiar. Akira had no idea how long she had been unconscious for, or even how she managed to get there in the first place. The last thing she remembered was walking out onto the lawn to take a closer look at the strange bird. There was something oddly familiar about it. The moment it had dawned on her that the bird was a phoenix, she felt someone grab her from behind and placed a cloth over her mouth. Within seconds she was unconscious from the fumes on the cloth, and had not woken again until now.

She thought of Zan and how frantic he would be when he found her gone, and as if she had conjured him in her mind, she felt him reach out for her. She screamed back at him through the connection, trying to convey to him her fear, but the connection was lost, and she felt him disappear. She tried to reopen the connection but she was too weak, and the effort left her exhausted. Lying back down on the floor of the carriage she curled herself up in a ball, clutching her stomach. She hadn’t told Zan about the baby, and now she may never get the chance. What was going to happen to her now? To them? She had to be strong, not just for herself, or for Zan, but for their child, the heir to the throne. Akira felt unconsciousness slowly overcome her again, and she welcomed it. Anything was better than lying there, contemplating the fate that waited at the end of this journey.

When Akira woke again she found herself strapped to a metal table in a stark white room. She pulled at the binds on her arms but was unable to pull free.

“Don’t struggle. You’ll only make things worse.” A voice said to her right.

She turned her head to see who was speaking, but she couldn’t focus on his face as her attention was immediately drawn to the large needle being pointed at her stomach.

“Noooooo …” Akira screamed as she felt the needle being pushed into her womb.

“My baby … my baby …” Akira whimpered, not knowing what was happening, but fearing the worst.

“My Master thanks you.” The doctor said, holding the needle up for Akira to see the blood he had drawn from her womb. Akira stared at the blood, and with one thought on her mind, she slipped into unconsciousness again. Who is the Master?
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

Thanks nayney, behrliz and L-J L 76.

Sorry for the short chapters but in the midst of exam panic so don't have time to write too much (and didn't want to keep you waiting too long). Only 2 1/2 weeks until I am free ...

Zan ran through the front door of Madame Vivian’s, not even noticing that the door had been left slightly ajar.

“Vivian!” Zan shouted, running from room to room, but seeing no sign of her.

Exhausted from the run from the palace, and from the rising panic in his chest, Zan crouched down and ran his hands through his hair, ignoring the beads of sweat on his forehead, and attempting to catch his breath.

“Think Zan, think!” He said to himself, trying to decide where to look for Madam Vivian next. She was his only hope to finding Akira without combing the entire country.

He heard a muffled voice and the sound of someone tapping beneath the floorboards.

Pulling away the rug he was standing on, Zan found a hatch leading to an underground room. Heaving the door up, he found Madam Vivian bound and gagged. It seemed whoever put her there was obviously hoping no one would find her anytime soon, by the way they had taken the time to cover the hatch with a rug.

Zan helped her up and untied her binds.

“Thank you.” Madam Vivian said gratefully. “I knew you would come.”

“You did? Then you know why I have come.” Zan replied.

“Yes. The Queen has gone.” Madam Vivan replied sorrowfully.

“Where is she?” Zan asked desperately.

“She is a long way from here. You won’t get to her in time.”

Zan gulped. “In time for what?”

“To save her.”

“No. There has to be something I can do. Tell me where she is!” Zan demanded, grabbing Madam Vivian by the shoulders roughly.

“I don’t know!” Madam exclaimed.

“What do you mean you don’t know? You’re supposed to know everything.”

“I never claimed to know everything. It’s not an exact science… I just get visions, sensations, and feelings. I can feel that she is distant, but I can’t tell you where she is, not unless I get a vision.”

“Have you seen anything? Anything that would help us find her?”

“I had a vision of her abduction.”

“Who took her?” Zan demanded.

“Orange feather … beautiful … those eyes …” Madam said, recalling what she could of the vision.

“That doesn’t tell us anything... What do you remember about the people who tied you up?”

“A man … handkerchief … blackness … woke up in the basement.”

“Why did they come after you?”

“To stop me warning you of the abduction. I received the vision yesterday, and was on my way to find you at your wedding, but he stopped me.”

“Is there anything you can tell me that would help me find my wife?” Zan said, beginning to feel helpless. “What did you tell her that day she came with her friend?”

“What? … Oh, that. She didn’t tell you?” Madam Vivian asked

“No. Did it have anything to do with her disappearance?” Zan asked desperately.

“No … yes!” Madam Vivian said, suddenly feeling dizzy from the power of a vision. She stumbled back against the wall.

“What is it?” Zan demanded.

“They’re hurting her … strapped to a table … a needle … nooooo!” Madam Vivian screamed, feeling Akira’s pain.

“What are they doing to her?” Zan begged.

“It’s over.” Madam Vivian said, trying to catch her breath.

“What do you mean it’s over, she’s not …” Zan didn’t want to say the word.

“No. But the Akira you know does not have long for this world.”

“No. It’s not true. It can’t be true!” Zan pleaded.

“I’m sorry…” Madam Vivian consoled, placing a hand on Zan’s shoulder.

“No!” Zan said, pulling away. “I’m going to find her. She’s going to be okay. You don’t know what you are talking about!”

Zan sprinted out of the room and ran back up to the palace. There was still a chance that they had found the waiter who had spiked his drink. Which meant they could still find Akira before it was too late.

Akira’s eyes fluttered open, and it took a moment for her eyes to focus on her surroundings. She was in a cell, with three stone walls, and one wall of bars. There was a window above that let a stream of light into the room, but it was too high for her to see out of. She pulled herself to her feet, and clutched her head as a wave of nausea hit her. Staggering over to the other wall, she pushed her face against the cold bars, attempting to peer down the corridor. The corridor was empty, but she could see the shadow of someone on the other side of the door at the end of the corridor.

Lying back against the wall, she held her head in her hands, trying to stop the room from spinning so much. She tried to remember what had happened, and how she had ended up here. The last thing she remembered was being strapped to a table in a white room. Instantly clutching her stomach she remembered the needle and the doctor’s words – ‘My master thanks you’. She had know idea what that meant, and no idea if her baby was still okay. Thinking about the awful possibilities, she felt ill and immediately leant over and vomited on the ground beside her.

“You need to eat something.” A voice said from outside her cell.

Akira jumped, not realising that she was being watched. Pulling the hair away from her face and wiping her mouth on her sleeve, she looked up to see the doctor standing on the other side of the bars, holding out some sweets.

“I’m not hungry.” Akira replied.

“It will stop the nausea.” The doctor said, gesturing for her to take the food he was offering. “I promise they are not poisoned.”

“Why should I trust you?” Akira demanded.

“Because the last thing the master would want is for you to die.” The doctor replied

Akira eyed him curiously. If they weren’t going to kill her, what did they want with her?

“What did you do to me?” Akira asked, holding her stomach again.

“You’ll find out soon enough. Eat – you’ll need your strength.”

“My baby?” Akira asked, bracing herself for any information he might give her - good or bad.

“Is the reason for your nausea. You have morning sickness.” The doctor replied, walking away.

Akira let out the breath she had been holding. Her baby was alive. No matter what lay in store for her, she was grateful they had not taken her baby from her.
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

Thanks L-J-L and Erina. This part should answer a few questions. Actually, probably only one, right at the end, but I can't give everything away now can I? :lol:

And I apologise for any mistakes but it is now 1:30am and I should have gone to bed hours ago... but it's the only time I get to write at the moment. Soon I'll be mixing it up with my exam study and posting about company tax! :lol:

“Did you get any information out of the waiter?” Zan asked the moment he saw Sean and Maria, who were waiting for him in the throne room.

“No.” Sean replied, and Zan followed Sean’s gaze over to where the waiter was lying unconscious on the ground being treated by a physician. “He either didn’t know anything, or his memory had already been modified before we got to him.”

Normally Zan would chastise Sean for using so much force when accessing an unwilling mind, but there were more important things at stake at this moment than the wellbeing of this one man.

“What did Madam Vivian say?” Maria asked desperately, her eyes red from crying.

“Nothing that could help us. Something about orange feathers. She had received a vision yesterday but had been knocked unconscious before she could warn us.”

“What are we going to do?” Maria asked.

“We’re going to search the entire country until we find her, that’s what we’re going to do.” Zan said defiantly, trying not to see the hopelessness of the situation.

“I have the army assembled and waiting for orders. Where do you want us to start?” Sean asked.

“She’s not close, I know that much.”

“What about the ‘orange feathers’? What could that mean?” Maria asked.

“I don’t know. A bird maybe? What kinds of birds have orange feathers?” Sean replied.

“A phoenix.” Zan replied. “Beware of the phoenix…”

“What are you going on about?” Maria asked confused.

“The warning Akira received years ago from Madam Vivian – ‘Beware of the phoenix’. We thought it had to do with the day Akira almost died. There was a phoenix flying overhead. What if we were wrong and that wasn’t it?” Zan replied.

“Madam Vivian would have told you if Akira was still in danger, wouldn’t she?” Maria asked

“I don’t know anymore.”

“Okay, so say you’re right, and it’s a phoenix. Where do you normally find a phoenix on this planet?” Maria asked.

“Alura Forest, out by the desert.”

“Okay, sounds like you’ve got a destination.” Maria replied.

“Let’s go.” Zan said to Sean, rising to leave.

“You’re not going anywhere.” Sean replied, putting a hand on Zan’s shoulder to hold him back.

“What the hell do you mean I’m not going?” Zan retorted. He wasn’t in the mood for Sean’s games today.

“Akira’s gone, which leaves you in charge. Once word gets out that the Queen is gone, the people are going to need stability. You need to be here to support the people.”

“Akira is my wife – she’s my priority.”

“That’s not what you signed up for when you agreed to become king.”

“Well, I’m not king yet.”

“The council is going to demand a coronation. They cannot afford to leave the throne empty, especially if there is a new enemy vying for it.”

“I will not become king without Akira by my side.”

“Then God help us all.” Sean replied, before exiting the room.

“He’s right Zan.” Maria said, placing a hand on Zan’s shoulder. “You need to stay here. Besides, what if they send a ransom note? You know Sean will do everything in his power to find her and bring her back to you.”

Zan just nodded, defeated. He knew he had responsibilities, and it was the best course of action, but he couldn’t just sit around and do nothing while Akira was in trouble. He had agreed to become King, but if Akira wasn’t by his side he didn’t want it. He would gladly hand over the power to the council. He was sure they would run the country better than he ever could anyway.

“They’re hurting her Maria. I don’t know what to do.” Zan broke down. “I promised I would always protect her, and I couldn’t even do that for one day.”

“It’s not your fault.” Maria said, putting her arms around him. “You were drugged. You couldn’t have done anything.”

“Madam Vivian received a flash of Akira strapped to a table. There was a needle… She … she said that Akira didn’t have long and we wouldn’t get to her in time…” Zan was now sobbing.

“She doesn’t know what she’s talking about. We’re going to find her.” Maria said, the tears pooling in her own eyes.

“That’s what I said.” Zan said with a sad smile. “But she has been right about everything else. Why would she be wrong now?”

“Because we create our own destiny.” Maria replied, trying to believe it herself.

“I’d like to believe that.” Zan sighed.

“What about the connection you share. Have you tried reaching her again?” Maria asked hopefully.

“Constantly. But she’s too far away, and my powers aren’t strong enough.”

“What if we try together?” Maria offered.

“I don’t think that is going to help.” Zan replied. Maria was only human after all.

“Don’t underestimate the power of friendship Zan.” Maria replied.

“Okay. I guess we have nothing to lose.”

Zan and Maria both sat down on the floor cross legged, facing each other and linked hands.

“Now close your eyes, and slow your breathing. Clear your mind of everything except Akira’s face.”

“If we can get through, we should be able to feel her emotions, and if possible, talk with her telepathically.”

Zan and Maria sat like that for a few minutes, both of them almost forgetting to breathe with the amount they were concentrating on reaching out to Akira.

Eventually Zan felt a whisper of Akira presence, just out of reach. She was frightened. He tried to reach through the fear and try to comfort her but she couldn’t feel him. As the vision cleared, he saw that she was in a white room, watching something unfold in front of her, and whatever it was scared her more than anything else in the world.

Akira had eaten the sweets, and was beginning to feel slightly better. The nausea was subsiding, but the fear remained. Where was she? Who were these people? And what did they have in store for her? She wished she had never left the palace, never left the bed where Zan slept, never stopped being wrapped in his arms. She wondered what he was doing. Was he looking for her? Was he sick with worry for her? Was he going to be able to carry on without her?

That last thought slipped out unconsciously, acknowledging that she may never get to see his beautiful face again. But no matter what happened she wouldn’t stop trying to get home to him. One day they would forget to unlock the cell, turn their back for the moment, and she would be gone before they had a chance to stop her. That optimism lasted about a second before she slipped back into despair.

She cradled her head in her hands, letting the tears fall, when she heard the door at the end of the corridor open. Bracing herself for what was going to happen next, she slid up the wall to her feet. The doctor reappeared in front of her cell, this time with two orderlies in tow.

“It’s time.” The doctor said, as the orderlies opened the cell and grabbed her, one on each side.

“Where are you taking me?” Akira demanded.

“To see the Master.” The doctor replied with a grin.

The connection broke before Zan could see what was happening, and before he could offer Akira any comfort.

“Did it work?” Maria asked, beads of sweet on her forehead, just like Zan’s.

“Yes… She’s in trouble.”

“Did you get any clues as to where she is?” Maria asked hopefully.

“No, nothing. God! I don’t know what to do.”

“We’ll find her.” Maria comforted him.

“I need some air.” Zan replied, abruptly leaving the room. He had to get out there. He had to cry or scream or do something.

Maria watched him go, feeling just as helpless.

Akira was dragged into the white room again, but this time they didn’t strap her to the table, instead, they handcuffed her to a chair. The doctors were busy preparing what looked like a serum, and Akira only hoped it wasn’t for her.

Moments later a door on the other side of the room opened, and the phoenix that Liz had seen the night before flew into the room and landed on the table. The doctor immediately picked up the syringe of serum, and pushed it into the neck of the bird. Within seconds the bird burst into what looked like a ball of flames, but Akira could not feel any heat. As the flames subsided, they revealed that the phoenix had disintegrated into a pile of ash, and had been replaced by a man, devoid of clothes and hair.

Akira stared at the man; there was something familiar about him. Where had she seen those eyes before?

“Welcome Master.” The doctor said bowing, before announcing to everyone else in the room, “Lord Kivar has finally returned!”
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

This part is a little short, but full of answers...

“Wh-what?” Akira eventually stammered, after getting over the shock of seeing Kivar again. At least now she could understand what was so familiar about those eyes.

The doctors who had been fussing over Kivar shuffled away, and Kivar, now robed, strode towards where Akira was tied to the chair. She tried, unsuccessfully, to disguise her repulsion. Kivar had always been evil, but he had never looked evil until now. His head was completely devoid of hair, including eyebrows and eyelashes. His skin was a waxy yellow, as though it had not seen the sun in years.

“Akira. We finally meet again.” Were Kivar’s first words after two long years.

“I don’t understand. I – I killed you.” Akira said, still in shock from seeing Kivar’s reincarnation.

“Correction – you almost killed me. You didn’t think it would be that easy did you?” Kivar smirked.

“How is it possible?” Akira stammered.

“The moment before your blast hit my body, I had the presence in mind to project my soul onto another being. Unfortunately, I uh, miscalculated, and found myself possessing the phoenix that was flying overhead at the time, rather than an actual person. There I remained, waiting for you to free me.”

“Me? How?” Akira asked confused.

“Well, for years my doctors have been trying to find a way to restore me to Antarian form. You see, I should have been able to project my soul again, this time into a more suitable body, but there was something blocking me. Eventually we discovered that I had been hit by some of the power you had harnessed that day, and it had damaged some of my powers. The only solution was to take some of yours.”

Akira immediately held her stomach, remembering the doctor’s needle.

“That’s right. We needed the essence of your unborn child, and I had to wait two goddamn years for you to conceive. I didn’t realise you were so frigid, princess.” Kivar smirked. “Or was Zan the one with the problem? You know, if it had been me, and you were mine, I couldn’t have waited that long to have a taste.” Kivar said, pulling a strand of Akira’s hair in his hand and sniffing it.

“Well it wasn’t you, and it never will be.” Akira spat.

“Let’s just see about that shall we?” Kivar replied confidently.

“Why did you need the essence from my baby? Why not just take it from me?” Akira asked, wanting to change the subject, and find out exactly what they did to her.

“Because you proved yourself to be stronger than I had initially anticipated. If I had attempted a kidnapping earlier you would have tried blasting me again. And we couldn’t have that could we?” Kivar replied, looking at Akira struggle with her tied hands, as if she it had only just occurred to her that she could have used her powers to free herself since she first got there.

“Relax.” Kivar said, seeing Akira’s frustration. “You’re powers don’t work.”

“Why not? What did you do to me?” Akira demanded.

“We didn’t do anything to you. You did this to yourself.” Kivar smiled.

“I don’t understand.” Akira asked confused.

“Didn’t your parents teach you anything? Oh, that’s right, they didn’t get the chance before I killed them.” Kivar flashed an evil grin.

“Okay, when a man and a woman copulate, they may conceive a child – exhibit A.” Kivar said, pointing to Akira’s abdomen. “And during the ‘incubation period’ the woman temporarily loses her powers, as all her strength is needed for her baby’s development. Why else do you think pregnant women are confined during their pregnancy? It’s for their protection. So we waited for you to get pregnant, and at the very first opportunity we had, we kidnapped you, took some of that power, and here I am – flesh and blood.”

“What about my baby?” Akira asked, worried that in the process they had harmed it.

“You’re baby is fine. Didn’t feel a thing. Oh, and by the way, one of the nice bonuses of this type of procedure is that I have some of your baby’s DNA. This is what your baby is going to look like in thirty years.” Kivar said, making sure Akira got a good look at him, and couldn’t help laugh at the disgusted look on her face.

“I have half of Zan’s DNA you know, you should find me attractive… No? Well, a little bit of vitamin D, perhaps a bit more hair, and you may think differently.”

“So what now? You’re back, so does that mean I can go now?” Akira tested the waters. She knew there was no way they were going to let her go, but knowing what lay in store for her was better than not knowing.

“Glad you asked. You know how you said that you would never be mine? Well never is such a fickle concept. Tomorrow you’re going to wake up by my side, as my wife, and you’ll be completely in love with me.”

“Never!” Akira seethed.

“Now there you go again with this talk of ‘never’. What did I just say? It’s your destiny, you can’t deny it any longer.”

“My destiny is Zan, and to defeat you.”

“Been there, done that. Let’s try a new game. Let’s play happy families.” Kivar said, putting his hand on Akira’s head.

She tried to fight, but her powers were gone, just as Kivar had said they would. She felt him begin to invade her mind, stripping her of all of her memories. The last thing she remembered was Zan on their wedding day, and as she felt that memory ripped from her mind she screamed out to Zan for help. As soon as she felt him reach out to her, their connection disappeared and the world faded to black.

Zan was on in the palace forest, where Akira and he had shared their first kiss. As he sat there thinking of Akira, and what they could be doing to her in that white room, he felt her reach out to him for help. She was scared, desperate, pleading, and he couldn’t do anything to help her.

“Nooooo!!” Zan screamed as he felt the connection close completely. Like part of his heart had been ripped out, he felt empty, alone, and hollow. There was only one explanation for it. Akira was dead.
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

Thanks feedbackers.

So, it's not the end yet, and hopefully you can see where I'm going with this ...

Her eyes fluttered open to the sound of birds chirping in the tree outside the bedroom window. Rolling over she turned to face her husband, who was already awake and had been watching her sleep.

“Morning sleepy-head.” He said, while she yawned.

“Morning.” She smiled. She loved waking up next to him every morning.

“Sleep well?” He asked, just like he did every day during this morning ritual.

“Yes.” She replied automatically. Trying to recall what she had dreamt, she felt uneasy. Something wasn’t right, but she couldn’t remember what it was.

“No morning sickness?” He asked.

“No.” She smiled again, placing her hand on her stomach. “But it’s a bit early for that don’t you think?”

She had only just gotten pregnant, so there was another week or so before the morning sickness would set in. In three months time the baby would be born.

“I had better begin preparing for my confinement.” She said, running through her head all the things she needed to do before she was unable to leave the house.

“About that. I don’t think you will have a confinement.” He replied.

“What do you mean?” She asked. It wasn’t unheard of for women not to be confined during their pregnancy, but for a woman in her position, they had deemed it necessary.

“A rumour has reached us this morning. The Queen has disappeared.”

“What?” She replied, bolting up in bed.

“It hasn’t been confirmed by official sources, but there have been scouts out looking for your sister.”

“So, what does that mean for us?” She asked.

“It means, if they are unable to find her, the throne is empty.”

“What about Zan?” She asked, and wondered why that name stuck in her throat.

“There has not been a coronation. Technically, without the Queen by his side, he has no real claim to the throne, not while a member of Akira’s family still lives.”

“Nothing is certain yet. Akira could still be found.” She argued.

“I really don’t think they'll find her.” He replied, and she began to wonder whether her husband knew more about her sister’s disappearance than he should.

“What do you plan to do?” She asked. But she already knew. They had been planning it for years.

“I plan to see you rightfully installed on the throne as Queen of Antar.” He replied, getting out of bed and beginning to dress.

“That won’t go down well with Zan and the council.”

“I don’t care about Zan and the council!” He said raising his voice. “You have been denied your rightful position for too long. Now is our chance, before Zan’s coronation.”

“When do we leave?”

“We have to wait until the time is just right. But it should be within the month, before you are unable to travel.” He replied.

“But what about returning home? I will be too far advanced.”

“If everything goes as planned, you will not need to return home. You will be the Queen of Antar before the baby is born, and have a new home at the palace.” He replied before leaving the room.

As she climbed out of bed and began to dress, she thought about what lay in store for her. Ever since she had known Deakin, he had been determined to see the wrongs against her made right.

She was the eldest daughter of the now deceased King and Queen of Antar, Akira’s parents. Before their marriage, the King had been engaged to another, an arranged marriage which he was only entering because it was his duty. The King was already in love with another woman, someone who was not deemed worthy by his parents, and together they conceived a child. She was taken away for her confinement, but also, so she would not create a scene when the marriage took place.

Before the day of the wedding, there was a boating accident and the King’s fiancé was drowned. The King appropriately observed a month of mourning, after which time he fetched his lover. They were engaged immediately, eventually with the consent of his parents. Their only request was that the baby, now a few months old, was never acknowledged as their child so as to hide their indiscretions while the King was engaged to another.

The couple eventually agreed, and reluctantly left the child in the care of a nursemaid in a far off town. For a number of years the Queen travelled to see her child, who she had named Mia, meaning ‘mine’. But after she became pregnant with Akira, she found it impossible to make the journey. When Mia was becoming old enough to remember things, the Queen thought it dangerous to continue the visits. Mia would have recognised her as the Queen of Antar, and their secret would have been revealed. Therefore she reluctantly ceased the visits, but continued to support Mia’s living expenses and education to ensure she had the best opportunities in life.

Mia grew up without the knowledge of her family history until, at the age of sixteen, she met Deakin. He had been overwhelmed by the resemblance she had to Princess Akira, and did not stop digging until he discovered the truth. Since then he had been plotting to restore Mia to her rightful position on the throne.

Mia was less enthused about becoming the Queen of Antar, and had felt a certain admiration for her sister, who had successfully defeated Kivar and saved her people. She wondered if she would have had the strength to do the same if she had been in her sister’s position. She was upset by her sister’s sudden disappearance, and her heart went out to her new husband. But she was torn by wanting her husband to be happy, and this sudden event seemed to do just that. If it would make him happy to become Queen of Antar, she would do it just for him.

The baby had been a welcome edition, and as she rested her hand on her stomach she thought about how complete her life would soon be. Standing there, she felt a sudden pain in her stomach and was overcome with dizziness. Dropping down onto the bed, she regained her balance, when an image flashed before her eyes. As soon as she recognised what the image had been, the pain faded, the dizziness stopped, and she felt a calm. The face – she can’t imagine why she was receiving a flash of that face at this moment, or why it had such a soothing effect on her. It was an image of her sister’s husband’s face - Zan.

Maria eventually found Zan, lying in a clearing in the palace woods, in the foetal position. It was now morning and he had not returned to the palace the night before.

“Zan?” She said, approaching quietly so as not to startle him. He had is eyes open, but stared unblinking, as though in some kind of trance.

“Are you okay?” She asked, bending down and placing a hand on his shoulder.

Zan blinked as he felt Maria’s touch, not having noticed that she had approached.

“I’ll never be okay again.” He replied, sitting up, but not looking her in the eyes.

“Sean sent a message to say they had found witnesses who had seen a carriage leaving the palace at full speed. They followed the trail to the desert, but have now lost it. They are now searching for more witnesses in the area.”

“Send a messenger. Tell Sean the mission has changed.”

“What do you mean?” Maria asked.

“It means that the focus is now body-retrieval.”

“Wha- no!” Maria gasped.

“Akira’s dead.” Zan replied, deadpanned, as though on auto-pilot.

“No – how do you know?” Maria asked, the tears spilling from her eyes.

“She’s gone. The connection has gone. When you bond in marriage, you are joined forever. Falling out of love does not break it, neither does divorce. Many have tried to break it, not wanting to be connected to an ex-spouse for the rest of their lives. But the only way to ever lose the connection is on death.”

“Maybe it’s just very weak? We’ll try connecting with her again. It worked last time.”

“I’ve been trying for the past twelve hours. If she had been there I would have felt it. She’s gone, we have to accept it.”

“I can’t.” Maria eventually replied.

“Neither can I.” Zan admitted, meeting her eyes.
Paramore - Decode
Oz
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Oz »

Thanks guys. Here's a short part to keep you going until I can finally put some decent time into this fic (less than 48 hours until my exams are finished forever!!)

I need to up the rating for the first section. My first ever attempt at a sex scene (and probably my last since I discovered I'm really not good at writing them :lol: )

“I’ve waited for this for so long.” She confessed, as he laid her gently down on the bed. “Two life times in fact.”

“So have I.” He replied, gently kissing her from her earlobe, down to the dip at the base of her throat.

“Then what are you waiting for?” She grinned.

“We’ve got the rest of our lives – why rush?” He replied, before continuing the trail of kisses down her chest and to her stomach.

“Good point …” She breathed, as his kisses sent sweet shivers up her body.

As he came back up level to her face, she felt him thrust inside her, and her body arched in response. Why had no one warned her just how good this could feel?

He was slow, and gentle, and their bodies seemed to move in time as though they were two halves of the same body. That was technically true now that they had bonded.

“I love you.” She breathed as they both came.

“I love you too.” He replied, collapsing on the bed next to her, his body dripping in sweat.

She watched him for a moment, stroking his hair and revelling in his beauty.

“I have something I need to tell you.” She said, bursting with the news that she had longed to share with him.

There was no reply. He had already fallen asleep. Kissing his forehead, she snuggled closer to him, and soon joined him in a peaceful sleep.

The carriage jolted her awake from her dream. This was not good – this was seriously not good. She had never ever dreamt of any man besides her husband, and now she was dreaming of making love to the King?! Who, they just happened to be on the way to visit. The dream had felt so good, much different than the usual lovemaking with her husband. It felt as though they were completely connected, as though their bodies had been made for each other. This was not good at all.

A month had passed since the disappearance of the Queen, with no sign of her whereabouts. Deakin had decided that it was time to make a claim for the throne, before Zan was coronated. Zan had resisted for a long time, but Deakin knew he would eventually bow to the pressure of the council, especially now that the search for Akira had been called off.

The baby was growing, and Mia had her first bout of morning sickness a couple of weeks ago. Today was a good day though. He stomach felt settled for once, as though her baby knew that she didn’t want to be sick for the journey. Mia held her hand to the bump of her belly, and absently stroked it as though comforting the child inside.

“When we get there, let me do all the talking.” Deakin said, breaking her thoughts.

“Okay.” She agreed. It was not as though this was her idea anyway. She would have been happy living in a small cottage with her husband and child, ignoring her past and any claims that it might entail. Zan would make a good king, she could just feel it. She shook her thoughts of Zan immediately as they had come, as they stirred feelings in her that she didn’t understand and didn’t welcome.

“Zan?” Sean said quietly, walking up to where Zan was staring out of the window. This was his usual position, looking down on the palace gates, as if waiting for Akira to walk back through them.

“I’m sorry. We looked everywhere. The trail just vanished.” Sean apologised. The army had just returned after Zan was finally persuaded to call off the search.

“I just can’t believe that this is how it ends.” Zan said, finally turning from the window to face Sean. “After everything we had been through, to lose her like this, and not even know what happened to her.”

“We have to believe that she’s still alive, and that we’ll find her one day.” Sean tried to encourage Zan, who looked so defeated. “Have you felt anything through your connection recently?”

“No. Nothing. Which only means one thing…”

“Don’t even say it.” Sean stopped him, not wanting to hear that Akira was dead. If it came from Zan’s own lips it would make it true.

“I did dream about her this morning though.” Zan said, returning back to face the window.

“What did you dream?” Sean asked hopefully. Maybe it was her way of contacting him.

“We made love. It was our wedding night.” Zan said, giving a sad smile.

“That’s to be expected. You were probably just reliving the past.” Sean replied, feeling slightly uncomfortable talking about this with Zan.

“See, that’s the thing. I’ve been standing here for the past hour just trying to remember something, anything from that night, but it is all a blank. How could I be dreaming about something that I can’t even remember happening?”

“Maybe it’s hidden in your subconscious?” Sean offered.

“Maybe… Or maybe Akira is haunting me.” Zan replied. “And if she is, I don’t want her to every stop.”
Paramore - Decode