Wild Boys (AU, M/L, Adult) COMPLETE 12/20/06

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Wild Boys (AU, M/L, Adult) COMPLETE 12/20/06

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Title: Wild Boys
Author: Shadowlynxbehr
Disclaimer: Sadly,I don't own Roswell or anything associated with it. That's for TPTB.
Pairings: M/L, M/M
Summary: I was listening to Duran Duran's song Wild Boys (hence the title) and thought a story based on the futuristic wild boys would be cool. So, here goes.
Author's Note: Max goes by Zan, his middle name, as Michael goes by Rath. There are aliens, but not from another world really. It really is an alternate universe. Read on to find out what I mean. Oh and my Max here, looks like Future Max. ~wink~

Banner by Chynna Princess

Prologue
The cell’s stone walls made it hot, musty, and dark. The only light came seeping through a hefty wooden door. There were no chairs in this small chamber except for a board that served as a small bench in one corner. It was quiet except for the occasional squeaking of rats or a hissing snake.
The prisoner inside stood tall, staring up at the stone roof. His emerald green eyes were hot with tears of frustration and anger as he calculated an impossible escape. This figure was dark and rugged, incredibly fearless for the age of 20. His dark brown hair was shaggy and hung over his eyes. Its length which was now past his shoulders partly hid the electronic collar he wore. Still, he was an imposing figure clothed in torn black leathers which took the domestic look away from him. His name was Zan.
Zan’s body shuttered as the sound of footsteps came from outside his cell door. Quietly fading into the corner, he waited for the door to open. When a minute had passed and a noise was not heard, he relaxed. Suddenly, a door from a cell across the corridor burst open. A man began screaming hysterically for his life, then there was stunning silence. Zan shifted in his position and bit his lip hard to ease his emotional pain. He felt the taste of blood on his tongue, but ignored it.
The cruel sounds beyond the wooden door brought a thought of the future to his mind. Being held in the slave pit, as it was called, was a permanent sentence for hard labor if they survived. Each prisoner was a slave, prepared to be bought, sold, or do any desire of their masters.
A jingling of keys were heard as Zan’s cell door was being unlocked. An ugly figure entered the cell. Its body was as white as snow. A shaved head with a beaded band with feathers around it caused it to look like a savage beast warrior. Before Zan could straighten up to defend himself, it threw a heavy chain around his neck and tightened it. Zan gasped for breath, trying to pull the chain from his neck. The creature dragged him out of the cell by the chain where two more of the creatures grabbed his arms. In the distance he could hear the roar of a crowd…and he knew.
Today was the arena.

TBC?
Last edited by Shadowlynxbehr on Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:23 pm, edited 49 times in total.
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Part 1

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hello all! Sorry I'm a bit late with this part...had a family crisis. My brother lost his job and my sister's car wouldn't start and all on my day off too! Well, I finally got home to be able to post this. I'm including the lyrics to Wild Boys. :D
CEVAS25
DreamerAZ
Gnomie
Alien614
RhondaAnn
tequathisy
zanssoulmate08
abbs007
maxssoulmate
Erina
veronicb
empress_luci

Thanks to you all for your feedback. I know you are all curious about the prologue and what arena is.....the answers will come someday...and that is all I'm gonna say now... :twisted:

Now, on with the story...

Part 1

The wild boys are calling
On their way back from the fire
In august moon’s surrender to
A dust cloud on the rise
Wild boys fallen far from glory
Reckless and so hungered
On the razors edge you trail
Because there’s murder by the roadside
In a sore afraid new world

They tried to break us looks like they’ll try again

Wild boys never lose it
Wild boys never chose this way
Wild boys never close your eyes
Wild boys always shine

You got sirens for a welcome
There’s a bloodstain for your pain
And your telephones been ringing while
You’re dancing in the rain
Wild boys wonder where is glory
Where is all you angels
Now the figureheads have fell
And lovers war with arrows over
Secrets they could tell

They tried to tame you looks like they’ll try again

~Wild Boys by Duran Duran

It was the tenth hour on the West side. Cold winter winds blew through the alleys filled with dark corners and darker strangers. The night was eerie with the moon retiring from view leaving the streets dark and dangerous. Yet a man in his early twenties, about six feet tall, and clothed in black leather walked calmly through them. He had well-tanned skin, the faint sign of a beard, and noticeable, shoulder length brown hair. He seemed to have an unwavering gaze in his emerald eyes that hinted of subtle awareness. The man’s name was Maxwell Zander Evans.
Zan turned past an old junkyard toward a large manufactory building. It was surrounded by a tall hurricane fence with barbed wire at its apex. He reached behind his neck in order to unclasp a silver chain. Attached to it were four keys, one of which he used to unlock the main gate. As he entered, two Dobermans raised their heads but did nothing else. They had seen him several times before. Using the second key to open a side door, Zan arrived inside. He shoved the keys in his pocket, shut the door, and after lighting a cigarette from the box inside his coat, he flipped on the lights. Surrounding him was a narrow rectangular room. On top of a long desk was a complex computer system with an attached telephone. This enclosure resembled a waiting room as there were a couple of seats in one corner with several magazines on them. On the right wall was a one way mirror in which a spectator on the other side could see a visitor clearly, however the visitor could not see him.
Passing the mirror Zan walked over to the computer system. He punched a series of codes and numbers, then watched for a reply. At the heart of the building a master computer searched its data program for his file. An electronic voice from a voice module commanded, “Please place right hand on detection identifier.”
Zan put his hand on a flat square device that resembled a computer monitor in color and touch. A green light inside it blinked, transporting his handprint into its memory banks.
“Print matches file. Proceed.” The voice stated.
A section in the front wall opened to reveal a short hallway. He walked inside and the doorway shut behind him. It led into a very large room with a low ceiling. It was illuminated by bright gold lights which hung from ceiling fans that were arranged into three rows.
Zan walked to the other end where a small screened computer was stationed into the wall. Near the computer were two massive doors that could only be opened by the computer. Zan stood in front of the computer and waited.
“Identity, please.”
“Identity is personal, put it down as unknown.”
“What is your destiny?”
“You can put that down as unknown too.” Zan replied.
“I need to have destination stated.”
“Check your files, I rank Priority 1. You are Priority 3, so open the doors.”
“Affirmative.”
Zan watched as the doors opened. They were solid steel and almost totally run by computers just like the rest of the Underearth was. He walked through the screeching doors as they began to close slowly.
He entered an enormous room that was dimly lit. A very dense fog covered the large expanse of water that was in front of him. Zan walked onto a plank stretched out to the center of the water. At the end of the plank, it widened out a little because there was a spiral stairway winding around a broad pole. This stairway led up to a hole in the ceiling. All the Underearth dwellers had eyes sensitive to light. So Zan placed sunglasses over his eyes and started up the stairs.
“Maxwell Zander!” Someone yelled.
Zan whirled around causing himself to fall off the stairway into the water. “Rath, damn you!” He yelled, “Help me out of here before the Semileon gets me!”
“At least I’m not a klutz.” Rath snapped as he pulled Zan out.
At that instant, a worm-like creature shot out of the water. Its small, slimy arms tried to grasp the edge of the pool. It failed to get a hold and slid back into the water. Zan stood by Rath, dripping wet. He looked at Rath and said, “Well, thanks.”
Rath returned a, “it was nothing” reply just as sarcastic as Zan’s.
Zan shot him a look and said, “I’m going.”
“Where?”
“To the Overearth.”
“You want a guide?”
“And I suppose you’ve been out there, right?”
“Right! You are not the only Priority 1 around here. Besides, there are two girls out there you should see.”
“Girls?” Zan’s eyes lit up.
“Yes and I’ve been monitoring them for a while. I know they are probably alone right this moment.”
“Oh?”
“Yeah, I know the red-head is going to fall for a guy that’s good-looking like me. He’ll be just over six feet, with brown eyes, and wavy, dark blond shoulder length hair. A handsome face, and…”
“Okay, we’re going, we’re going.”
“And the other girl is exactly your type.”
“Ooooooooohh!”

Maria and Liz could not take anymore, they ran out of the house, slamming the door behind them. They were two of the unlucky ones. Their parents spoke out against the evil mayor, Pierce. Now, Maria’s house was marked as Liz’s parents house had been. Unfortunately, Liz’s parents didn’t stop protesting against him. The whole family had been murdered leaving behind only Liz to stay with her friend’s family.
The mayor’s son, Sean, belonged to a street gang called Hell’s Angels. They wanted to rule the town, especially a little section out in the country. This place had abundant oil; enough for them to kill for. That was their key to the town and the mayor’s key to anything he wanted. However, Maria’s parents had the evidence to put him and the Hell’s Angels away for arson and first degree murder.
“Maria, if your parents testify, they will end up like mine, which I don’t care to discuss.”
“I know.” She nodded, “Let’s go for walk.”
“Where?”
“The park. Let’s go where all the trees are.”
Liz nodded, then added, “Knowing you, I’ll bet you will run into every tree.”
“There’s a street light over where the gravel road is. So, I’ll be able to see just fine!” retorted Maria.
“Oh, sure.” replied Liz.
“C’mon.”
“Do you know where it is?” asked Liz.
“It’s behind that old barn in back of our house.”
“Geez, why didn’t my best friend live in the city instead of the country?” moaned Liz.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." -Dr. Seuss
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Part 2

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi all! Before I post the third part...

Veronicb- don't worry, the prologue is a teaser, it'll happen later in the story and will make more sense then.
Alien614- post apocalyptic earth...ditto!
maxssoulmate- thanks! :D
tequathisy- Wow! Didn't aim for confusion. It makes sense to me, at least in my head it does. :lol: Maybe 'cause I know where it's going.
RhondaAnn- yep! You guessed right! Maria is a redhead in this story, like her hair at the end of season 3.
Thanette- You are right. :D
Zanssoulmate08- Thanks. :oops:
Empress_luci- The arena is in the future. Redhead is Maria from the end of season 3.
kittens- no it doesn't, but Liz is stubborn.
touched by an alien- really? I don't come here much either! I prefer to read AU w/o aliens. Yes, it will make sense soon.
cherie- thanks! Hope you continue to like! :D

Well gang, Happy Valentine's Day! Hope you are all enjoying yourselves. And now....just so you know.....you will get a taste of what a 'wild boy' is in this part :wink:
Now, on with the show....

Part 2

A dust cloud on the rise
Reckless and so hungered

Wild boys never lose it
Wild boys always shine

Where is all you angels
Secrets they could tell

Rath and Zan climbed the narrow stairway. At the top, Rath took a key off the gold chain around his neck. He unlocked a small trap door. This led them into an old barn, in fact it was the one behind Maria’s house. There was tall grass growing through the cracks and the windows were covered with layers of dust. Cobwebs were spread like old rags everywhere and there was hay covering the ground. The barn was small and untended.
Rath walked through the barn’s front door and Zan followed behind. Looking around at this slightly unknown world, Zan’s eyes took in the view with interest. It was not since he was a young boy that he last saw this place. It had changed much; some for better, some for worse.
The boys smiled at each other and started to walk away from the old barn. After walking some distance, Zan stopped, took off one of his boots, and dumped the water out, then he did the same with the other one.
“Now I can let this scenery sink in more comfortably,” he said.
Rath rolled his eyes, “Well, do you remember any of this?”
Zan looked around, “Up there, I think there’s a wooded area.”
“Yes, and that’s where we are going.”
“Why?” asked Zan.
“Because that’s where the girls will be.”
“Gotcha.”
Rath started to explain what the two girls were like, then he noticed Zan was not listening. “Do you want to know about the girls or not?”
“I’m freezing.”
“Well, who told you to fall into the water?”
“Hey, you’re the one who yelled.”
“Don’t worry,” smirked Rath, “Nothing will rust.”
“Ha ha, I’m laughing.”
“Good, I always knew that I had a great sense of humor.”
“Very funny,” Zan mumbled. Suddenly he stopped, “oh no!” he exclaimed.
“What’s wrong?”
“I think I forgot to feed my tiger!”
“Teether can probably eat the cage bars.”
Zan nodded, “Without a doubt.” Then he noticed two figures behind the trees, “Is that them?”
“Is that who?” asked Rath.
“The girls, remember, Mr. Romeo?”
“Yes! Be quiet and hide in the bushes behind them.”
They crept toward the bushes. The girls stopped and sat on the bench only a few yards away from their admirers.
“Liz, those bushes give me the creeps.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know. I guess I keep expecting something to jump out.”
“Really? How about a rabbit?”
“Liz!”
Zan smiled, “Who’s the raven haired beauty?”
“Her name’s Liz,” whispered Rath. “Now keep quiet.”
“I can’t we’re sitting on leaves.”
“Well, do your best.”
Zan simply nodded.
“By the way, the red-head’s name is Maria.” grinned Rath.
Rath and Zan watched as a black car with ‘The Hell’s Angels’ sprayed on the side drove up to the girls. The car stopped near the bench and five men got out. All of them were dressed in blue jeans, white t-shirts, and jean jackets that had ‘Hell’s Angels’ on the backs. They had driven the car through the park and now they were walking towards the girls they’d spotted.
“Oh, shit!” Rath whispered.
“What?”
“Those are the Hell’s Angels.”
“Who are the Hell’s Angels?”
“To make a long story short, they killed Liz’s parents and now, they are trying to kill Maria’s.”
“What!?! Why?”
“Forget the questions, just wait for the gang to make a move. We might have to make an unintended rescue.”
Maria and Liz stood up, wary of their unexpected visitors. Liz took a couple of steps with anger in her eyes, “What do you want?” she hissed.
The leader, known as Sean, spoke up, “What do you have to offer?”
“To you, nothing.”
“Ah, I think we need to make a deal. Let’s say, you for your present family?” He leered at her.
“What are you talking about?” Maria snapped.
“You know the saying? You scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours. In other words, why don’t we have a little fun tonight?” He asked as his eyes raked over Maria’s body.
“Over my dead body!” screeched Maria.
“If that’s the way you’ll have it.” He shrugged and motioned to two of his gang members with a wave of his hand. They grabbed Maria and Liz around their waists and held knives to their throats.
Rath moved his gaze towards the street light, near the gang’s car. He concentrated for a moment, then it clicked off. The park was suddenly enveloped in total darkness. Zan caught on to Rath’s plan. He crawled out of the bush towards Liz. He took the knife out of his leg strap and stabbed the back of the man holding Liz.
“Ahhhhhhhr!!” screamed the man, as Zan pushed him to the ground.
“What’s happening?” shouted Sean.
Rath jumped up, grabbing the other man around his neck. He pulled the man from Maria, then slit his neck with his own knife. During the commotion, Zan and Rath put their hands over the girl’s mouths and pulled them into the bushes.
“Shhhhhh,” Zan whispered, “We’re going to get you out of this.”
“I don’t need your help,” Liz snapped, “If you don’t let me go, I’ll scream!”
“Zan, keep her quiet!” warned Rath.
“How, Rath?”
“Find a way!”
“Okay,” replied Zan, “Hey, please be quiet.”
“Nobody that has a name like Zan is going to shut me up!” hissed Liz.
They all became silent when they heard a gun click. The Hell’s Angels were intending to find them even in the darkness. Rath took Maria by the hand and crept away with Zan and Liz following.
“When you get at least five yards away from here, run,” Rath instructed.
“Why should we listen to you?” Maria asked.
Rath looked at her straight in the eyes. He put his hand on her cheek and said, “Trust me.”
“Listen!” Liz said, “I don’t need anyone’s help. I can do all I need to by myself.”
“So why were you so scared back there?” Zan questioned.
“What makes you think I was scared?” she retorted.
“I felt you trembling.”
“Oh sure! I bet that…”
Rath was running out of patience with Liz. “Run!” he yelled. “We’ll handle them.”
“Hey man, remember, I could have handled this myself!” Liz stopped when she saw the look in Rath’s eyes. “But I’ll let you handle this one.”
Zan watched the girls run off, then turned to help Rath fight the street gang.
“Are the girls out of sight?” Rath asked.
“Enough.” He pulled out a throwing knife. “Here, I want to finish the leader off by hand.”
“Aren’t we going by measures a little drastic?” asked Rath.
“Do you honestly think so?”
“Definitely. I think we’re giving some others who decide to come out of the Underearth, bad examples.”
“I never said we were saints.”
“Let’s just give them a warning.”
Zan sighed and said, “Okay, I understand.”
Both men looked up at the night sky. They tilted their heads back. An eerie chanting began to flow between them, “bu’halla wahani…bu’halla wahani…bu’halla wahani…”
Something began to happen as they began to look less than human. Their eyes changed into a soft, liquid red. Their leathers shifted into a soft form fitting dark material with leather strings running down the sides of their pant legs, holding them together. Their hair was full, thick, and looking windblown. Each one arched their backs and gave a bloodcurdling howl.
The Hell’s Angels stopped in their tracks. Speechless, they turned and ran back to the car. The street light flickered back on. The first member to reach the car looked up and saw a strange being on top of the car. He was crouched with one hand and its wickedly long claws curled around the top of the door. He appeared ready to attack at the slightest movement. Rath smiled wickedly at the man, baring his suddenly sharper teeth. Maybe this is the one we’ll deliver the message to, he thought.
Zan stealthily walked up behind the man and growled, “Leave the girls alone or we will take you and deliver you back to your friends piece by piece.”
“Listen man, nobody, and I mean nobody threatens the Hell’s Angels!”
“Except us,” Rath growled, taking off his dark glasses. He revealed eyes of glowing red.
“Hey punk, is this some sort of joke? You know my friends are on their way right now.”
“This is no joke,” Zan hissed. He grabbed the man’s hair, pulling his head back. Zan placed his claws against the man’s throat, pressing just enough for emphasis. “If you keep up those remarks,” he growled, “you might just become a permanent resident of this ground here.”
The man started to shake, “C’mon, let me go. I…I’ll tell the leader to lay off the girls okay?”
“What do you think, Ra’thlan?”
Rath nodded, “We could have a deal.”
Zan let go of the man. He and Rath silently melted into the shadows, not a trace of them was left behind. As the man whirled around searching for them, it was as if they’d never been there.
Zan and Rath quietly made their way toward the old barn behind Maria’s house. The one that was partly hidden in the tall grass. The one that appeared old and broken down. The one that held a trap door that could unleash another world, carefully protected and preserved.

TBC...whet your appetites for more yet? :)
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

part 3

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi all, decided to post this a little early in the day since I gotta go run errands later and didn't want to leave you all hanging!

maxssoulmate- yeah, she just lashes out before thinking. Hopefully Zan won't be offended. :lol:
RhondaAnn- Rath's watching them, yes, but it's not stalkerish. They do have shapeshifting powers. I don't see them as being creepy. Trust me if they were, I'd have problems. :lol: I'm hoping their shapeshifting looks are considered 'beautiful' :wink:
tequathisy- they are "wild boys" the term for the shapeshifters they are. Liz has been greatly hurt, this is how she copes, by not letting anyone close and lashing out. Yes, Zan is truly a 'noble' person.
Veronicb- Liz does have a temper, there's a reason you'll find out later. I agree she is going about it the wrong way. They shapeshifted. I tried to describe them as 'beastial beautiful' if that helps.... :?
roswell3053- welcome and thanks! :D
Alien614- Welcome! :D
cherie- I know....it's been difficult to write Liz this way, but hopefully I'm doing okay and Zan will help her become the Liz we know and love :wink:

Thanks for all the feed back and hi to all the lurkers I 'hope' are out there... :) Now....on with the show!

Part 3

A dust cloud on the rise
Reckless and so hungered

Wild boys never lose it
Wild boys always shine

Where is all you angels
Secrets they could tell

Maria and Liz finally reached their house. They arrived inside slightly out of breath.
“What’s wrong?” Maria’s mom, Amy asked.
The girls glanced at each other. “Nothing.” they answered simultaneously.
“It’s that gang isn’t it?”
“I said it was nothing,” Liz snapped.
“Liz, don’t talk to me like that!”
“I can talk to you any way I want! You’re not my mother!”
“Liz, go to your room!”
“It’s not my room!” Liz yelled as she ran to Maria’s room. Slowly, Maria followed, after giving her mother a worried look.
“You were a little hard on her.” William, Maria’s dad, remarked as he emerged from the living room. “Losing her family is hard for her to cope with.”
“We, as well as her, have got to face the fact that with the position we are in, no one can be too sure about life. I am even having doubts about taking this entire matter to court.”
“What are you saying? Don’t you understand, that won’t help our position any better.”
“Every other family in this city doesn’t have to worry about this group of men threatening their family!”
“It’s too late! We saw what happened to the oil field owner! They’ll stop at nothing to get what they want! Nothing!”
“William, listen to me, what about the children?”
“They are not children anymore, they will be graduating from high school at the end of this school year.”
“Oh? And I suppose then everything will be over, just like you dream?”
“No,” William sighed, “Maria, can you come here for a moment?” he called out.
“What is it dad?” Maria asked, as she came into the room.
“Is Liz all right?”
“She’s fine.”
After a brief pause, William nodded, “Okay, well, you girls should get some sleep. Good night dear.” After kissing Maria on the cheek, he raised his voice, “Good night, Liz, sweetheart.”
Maria walked back to her room. It was a rather large room. Once it was all hers, but then Liz moved in. Maria didn’t mind, Liz was her best friend. No matter how hard times were, she knew she was all Liz had left to hold on to.
She walked over to Liz’s bed, where she sat, fuming. “We should get some sleep. We have school tomorrow, right?”
Liz got up, threw her jeans and sweatshirt in the laundry basket, and put on her night shirt. She unfolded the comforter then buried herself underneath them without a word.
Maria changed into her favorite shirt and shorts and climbed into her own bed. Both girls were silent for a short time. It was Maria who finally broke the silence. “Who do you think those guys were?”
“Strange.” Liz answered.
“They were kind of cute.”
“It was awfully dark, so I suppose they were.”
“They were wearing some kind of soft leathers, I think. ‘Cause I could feel the softness against my skin. And their hair! Long, to their shoulders at least! Oh, and I noticed each of them wore an earring in their left ear and…”
“Boy crazy, aren’t you Maria?” Liz snickered.
Maria ignored her and went on, “my guys name was Rath and yours was named Zan.”
“Yeah, well, that’s all you or I know about them.”
“They seemed nice.”
“Probably a false first impression.”
“Liz,” Maria sighed, “why can’t you just try to be nice and trust them?”
“ ‘Cause everyone I trust ends up getting killed.”
“I’m not dead, Liz.”
“I worry,” she replied.
“Why don’t we ask them for help, you know, protection.”
“Any person who looks like he went swimming with his clothes on won’t help me any.”
“Okay, well, maybe there’s a good reason, we don’t know what happened.”
“I’ll bet they don’t know either!”
Maria sighed, “Do you think we’ll ever see them again?”
“Hopefully, not. Anyway, good night, Maria.” Liz yawned and turned over in her bed.
Maria rolled her eyes and said good night to Liz’s back. Both girls soon fell asleep, dreaming of their wild boys.
After walking down the stairs and across the plank, the boys approached a computer affectionately named MRG-2. Rath pressed a button on the keyboard and the massive doors swung open.
An electronic feminine voice said, “Welcome home, Lord Ra’thlan.”
“Hello Candy,” Rath replied, “How many times have I told you not to call me ‘Lord Ra’thlan’?”
“I have been programmed to refer to you that way, my lord.”
Rath growled, “That’s the last time I’ll let Charles program you!”
Zan laughed, he knew Rath was bluffing. He would always be grateful to their childhood friend and now computer genius, Alexander Charles Whitman for his contribution to keeping the peace in their world.
As they walked through the doors, into the next room, Zan commented, “Well, ‘Lord Ra’thlan, I must congratulate you on finding those two girls.”
“It’s Rath! And if I were you, I would go easy on Liz because she’s gone through a rough time.”
“Yeah, I know. Her words seemed rather rude and sarcastic, so I figured she must be hiding some kind of pain.”
They stopped at another computer where Rath pressed another button, which opened yet another door. Once they reached the other side of the room, Rath took a key from the gold chain around his neck and unlocked the door. They walked into a fenced yard where two Dobermans came running up to them.
“Hi boys. Gotten any runners lately?” asked Zan as he petted Ronin and Chaz’s heads.
The dogs licked their owner’s hand in reply.
“With you around, they won’t be able to attack anything!” Rath commented as he and Zan continued to walk through the main gate.
“Who said anything about attacking?” smirked Zan, “They’re just there for decoration.”
Rath laughed, “Sure…sure.”
In the distance a clock struck the twelfth hour. “C’mon, my mom’s gonna kill me if she finds out I’ve been on the West side at this hour!” exclaimed Zan as he rushed towards the castle with Rath following close behind.
The castle was a magnificent sight. The outside was a white pearlescent stone with green vines that blossomed with vibrant colorful flowers. The inside of the castle boasted black veined, white marble floors, domed ceilings, and ivory walls all trimmed in gold or silver. There were many towers in the multistoried castle, as well as many rooms within the towers. Zan’s room was one of the towers in the East wing. Since it was a tower, which had many rooms, it was actually like he had his own apartment.
Zan and Rath tiptoed in, sneaking around the guards, to avoid being seen. To get to Zan’s tower, they had to cross through the hallway in front of his parent’s rooms. They stopped and listened to be sure no one was around, then when it seemed quiet, they tiptoed across the hall.
Zan’s mother, Queen Vilondra Diana Evans, was sitting at her dressing table. She could see the boys tiptoeing across the hallway in her mirror. She smiled, she knew that they had been on an adventure that always seemed to take up so much of their time and occasionally got them into trouble. “Hello boys, going somewhere?”
The boys froze when they heard her voice. Zan turned a sheepish smile towards his mother, “Hello mom, uh, we were just coming from the kitchens.”
Diana chuckled, “Really. Well, Rath, I didn’t know your parents were letting you stay with Zan tonight.” She walked out into the hall with them, “Don’t you two have training classes tomorrow?”
Zan nodded, “Yes, we do. But not until later, in the afternoon.”
The Queen knew better, she could tell just from the way her son was pausing in his speech. “Rath, I think you should be getting on home before your parents find out you were out so late.”
“Yes, Your Majesty,” Rath bowed and turned to leave, “Thank you, Your Majesty.”
Diana smiled, “You are welcome.”
Zan stood there waiting for what he knew was coming, his punishment. His mother turned and walked back into her room, “Come in Zan.”
Zan followed his mother into the grand bedroom.
“Zan, you are nearly 20 years old. Don’t you think it is time you started acting like a member of the royal family and not some juvenile troublemaker?”
Zan lowered his head, “I know, I will mother.”
“Well, I would prefer if you didn’t just say it. Do it son.”
“Yes mother. I will.”
The Queen looked at her son, he looked so much like his father, but he had her adventurous streak. She had been a mischievous child, getting into trouble because she was always doing things that a proper girl wasn’t supposed to do.
“Zan, I know that you enjoy your freedom. I know that it’s fun and adventurous, but you have to start growing up. You have be more disciplined. After all, you will be King soon.”
Zan’s head snapped up, had he heard right? “How soon, mother?”
“On the day of your twentieth birthday. On that same day, you will choose a girl that will become your bride, to reign with you.”
Zan’s head was spinning. He would be twenty in two months! He swallowed, “Have you and father decided who is to be my bride, mother?”
“No my son. I want you to be able to choose your own wife. Your father wanted to arrange your marriage, since it’s tradition, but I prevailed. I don’t want my son to miss out on the subject of love.” She smiled and placed a hand against his cheek.
Zan returned her smile with one of his own, “Thank you for that, mother.”
Diana nodded, “You are very welcome. Now, get to bed before your father finds out that I’m letting you get away this one time.”
His smile widened as he leaned in to give his mother a hug, “Good night, mom.”
“Good night, my son.” She watched as Zan made his way up the stairs towards his tower rooms. When he was no longer in sight, she turned to her mirror to finish brushing her hair before going to bed.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi all....I'm soooo sorry this took so long. My laptop went on the frizz yesterday and today I spent most of it trying to get it straightened out. Then found out the disc I saved this story on wasn't compatible with the laptop anymore....well it's finally been converted to fit, but I had to go back and do lots of spell checking and punctuation corrections...so if it is still messed up, I'm sorry...

roswell3053- hmmmm? :P
maxssoulmate- Thanks! :)
RhondaAnn- Yes and yes. Maybe they can.
cherie- Oh I am hoping so! He's a sensitive guy! LOL!

Thanks to you all for reading and hi to all the lurkers too! :wink:
Now....on with the show...

Part 4

A dust cloud on the rise
Reckless and so hungered

Wild boys never lose it
Wild boys always shine

Where is all you angels
Secrets they could tell

The next morning, Liz woke up to find Maria sitting on the window ledge staring outside. Maria turned, saw Liz and smiled, "Good morning! How was your sleep?"
"It was okay."
"Liz!" Maria exclaimed as she bounced onto her friends bed, "Guess who I dreamed about?"
"Don't tell me, let me guess, was it those two guys?"
"Wow! Good guess!"
Liz rolled her eyes, "I knew it," she grumbled as she got out of bed and headed into the bathroom.
"Girls, breakfast is almost ready!" shouted Amy from the kitchen.
"Okay mom, we're getting ready," Maria shouted back.
After breakfast, the two girls grabbed their books and headed to school. They decided to take the path through the park.
As they walked, Maria asked, "Liz, do you think the gang's gonna be in the parking lot?"
"Probably. If they haven't had all of their fun last night."
"Maybe those two guys took care of them and they won't bother us anymore?"
Liz rolled her eyes, "Maria! Can you just stop thinking about those guys?" she snapped, "They were probably just looking for fun themselves!"
"Oh Liz," Maria gasped, "you don't really believe that, do you?"
Liz sighed to herself, there was no way that she could get Maria to stop talking about the two guys who were making even her own thoughts run wild.
**************************************************************************************
Zan waited for Rath near the front door to the building that they had their training classes in. He sighed, Rath was late yet again. He was glad that Rath's father wasn't teaching the class today because he knew that Chief Advisor Ra'thlan Michael Guerin would be angry that his own son was late.
"Hey Zan! What are you doing standing out here?" Zan looked up to see Rath running up to him, "You're gonna be late to class."
"I'm gonna be late!" Zan exclaimed, "You're the one who's gonna get it! Where were you?"
"Well, if you really want to know, I was watching the two girls again." Rath grinned.
"Oh, and you forgot the time, right?"
"Thats right." replied Rath with a smile.
Zan huffed at Rath as they both walked inside, where an impatient instructor was waiting for them. "Well, Prince Zander, Ra'thlan, I'm pleased to see that you two could make it."
"I'm sorry to have kept you waiting, but my mother wanted me to run a little errand for her before I came to class," Zan said.
"Oh, well, if the Queen needed you for something, then I suppose it can be excused, but only once," warned the instructor.
"Thank you, Jim, I promise to be on time, next time."
Jim nodded, "Go on. You two better get suited for warm ups. I'm having you spar with Kyle today, Your Highness."
Jim watched as the two boys walked off to change, he had been a friend of King Zander Phillip Evans since they were children, and he knew Phillip would want Zan to be watched over by someone he could trust. Jim knew that what Zan had told him was to save face, but he liked the boy so much that he couldn't be angry with him.
**********************************************************************************
Liz sighed, half of the school day was over, yet she still wasn't in the mood to face the gang after school. She knew they would be there because she had heard some of the girls that hung around with the gang talking about it in Biology. Liz looked around the cafeteria, where was Maria? She was supposed to meet her for lunch and she was late. Liz thought that maybe Maria was off spreading the word about those two guys. Liz wondered where they had disappeared to. They didn't look much older than her age, or maybe they were just starting college. She wished she knew where they had come from and why hadn't she seen them before since it was such a small town. Maybe they were from a nearby town, she thought.
"Liz," Maria asked, "Liz, are you awake?"
Liz hadn't realized that Maria was there, she had been too lost in her thoughts. "Yes, I'm awake. I'm just thinking, that's all."
"About what?" Maria asked, "Those two guys?"
"Give me a break, Maria!" snapped Liz, "No, not them, I was wondering if I passed that Biology test I had, it was tough."
Maria smiled, she knew she had caught Liz off guard, "Oh, don't worry, you probably passed." She knew Liz had been thinking about the guys, even if she wouldn't admit it.
"What took you so long?" asked Liz.
"Oh, sorry, I was just telling Carrie..."
"About the guys we saw?" interrupted Liz.
"Yes," answered Maria.
Just then the bell rang, "Looks like you missed your lunch."
"That's all right," shrugged Maria, "I wasn't hungry anyway, at least not for food," she grinned.
The girls gathered up their things and parted ways to go to their next class.
*********************************************************************************
Rath was finished with his shower first, "C'mon Zan, are you gonna take forever?"
"All right, I'm coming. Geez, I just don't want to go to Overearth wet again."
Rath laughed, "Right, you don't want to make another bad impression."
"Yeah, last time, she looked like she wanted to kill me!" chuckled Zan.
As they made their way through the East side towards the manufactory building, they joked and talked about seeing the girls again. They were midway through the area when they heard a feminine voice calling to them.
"Zan, Rath! Wait up!" They both turned to see Zan's younger sister, Isabel Vilondra running towards them, with Charles in tow. "Where are you two going in such a hurry?" she asked, as she caught up with them.
They glanced at each other before Zan answered, "No where special, why?"
"Oh, I just wanted to see if the two of you had some time to spend with Charles and I. He's got this really cool program that I wanted you to see."
Rath nodded, "Yeah, the virtual computer. I saw it."
Charles grinned, "See Lonnie, I told you he's already seen it."
"Oh pooh!" she pouted, then turned to Zan, "But you haven't seen it yet, have you?"
Zan grimaced, "Uh no, I've been kind of busy."
"Well, how about now?"
"Yeah, I'm kinda busy now."
"But you just said you weren't doing anything special!" she protested.
"Lonnie," Charles placated, "I can show him some other time, okay. Why don't we go see the new litter of puppies you said Kyle's Lab, Sleeta birthed yesterday?"
Vilondra sighed, "But I haven't spent time with Zan in weeks!" She turned wide eyes on her brother, "You're always busy lately! Can't we just hang out like we used to?"
Zan sighed, "I'm sorry Lonnie. I really am, but you know things are hectic right now with all the training I have to do. And dad's been wanting me to shadow him when he's dealing with politics so that I can learn how to be a good leader. I'll catch up with you later, okay? I promise."
Her lower lip started to tremble, "When?"
Zan swallowed, "I'll try to make some time this evening, after dinner. Okay?"
Vilondra smiled, "Great! Then I can show you Charle's new program!"
Zan nodded, "Sure, that'd be cool."
Vilondra laughed, and leaned in to kiss her brother's cheek, "I'll see you this evening then, big brother." With that she grabbed Charle's arm and dragged him after her.
Charles looked back and waved, "Later guys."
They both waved to Charles and resumed walking towards the manufactory building.
Rath suddenly burst out laughing.
Zan turned a curious look at him, "What's so funny?"
"You my friend, are such a wuss!"
"What? Me? What do you mean?"
"Your sister has you wrapped around her finger. I saw that! She was just about to turn on the tears and you just fell into her hands." he grinned,"She knew what she was doing. Sucker!"
Zan rolled his eyes, "I am not!"
Rath shrugged, "Okay, if you say so."
Zan growled, "Whatever! C'mon, let's just go see the girls already!"

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

part 5

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi all! I'm glad you are enjoying this story a lot. And I hope that you are following the names of all the characters. They are all from the show, but in some cases instead of using their traditional name, like Isabel, I used their other name or their middle name, like Charles. Anyway, I am currently trying to find someone to also do a banner for this story and 'Out of the Ordinary', but it's taking a bit longer than I thought. Oh well...

roswell3053- hopefully Zan'll get Liz to chill out soon. :wink:
RhondaAnn- Yes, I think Liz is kind of.... Well, it'll start to be explained soon... :wink:
Erina- Gosh, I really hope I don't disappoint! :?
VeronicB- You hit it right on the nose, about Liz that is. :lol:
tequathisy- :D

Hello to all the lurkers out there too! :)

Okay, I really do hope the much anticipated meeting between the couples isn't a disappointment... :? Now, on with the show...

Part 5

A dust cloud on the rise
Reckless and so hungered

Wild boys never lose it
Wild boys always shine

Where is all you angels
Secrets they could tell

After school, Liz and Maria decided to go across the campus and through the gym to avoid the gang in the parking lot. They were taking the long way home.
"Liz, if the gang is really there, I wonder what happened to the two guys?" asked Maria.
"They probably learned their lesson, never try to help girls who didn't need their help in the first place."
"Is that so?" asked a voice. "Then may I ask why you two are walking this way where the gang can't see you?"
Liz stopped in her tracks, she knew who that voice belonged to....Zan.
Maria turned towards the voice, "Its them!" she exclaimed.
Liz slowly turned around to face Zan. "Hello," he said, "Did you miss us?"
"No, I certainly didn't, but I'm sure she did," snapped Liz as she jerked her thumb towards Maria, who was eyeing Rath.
"Well," answered Rath, "So much for a warm welcome, huh, Zan?"
"Yeah." replied Zan, as he looked at Liz.
Maria saw that they were handsome even in the light. "Um, we didn't get a chance to thank you for helping us last night. We didn't know where you'd gone."
Rath smiled at her, "No problem, you're thanking us now."
Liz rolled her eyes, Maria was hopeless. She knew it wouldn't have taken long for Maria to start drooling over them.
"Well, now that that's over with, would you two ladies mind if we escort you home?" asked Rath, as he offered his arm to Maria.
Maria gladly took Rath's arm, but Liz hissed, "No. We don't need anyone to escort us home. We're old enough to walk home ourselves."
"Oh, well then would you mind if we just walked with you? Just to talk?" asked Zan.
"Listen," snapped Liz, "can't you get it through your head that I don't want to even know that you exist!"
"Listen," mimicked Rath, "we helped you get away from the gang, now the least you can do is talk to us."
Liz was about to shoot something back at Rath, but Maria cut in, "Liz. He's right, you know, we should at least be friendly to them."
Liz huffed, the only reason Maria wanted to be friendly was to be near a cute guy. "Fine, let's go for a walk, if it'll make everyone happy."
Maria and Rath took the lead, while Liz and Zan followed behind. They walked past the gang who never saw them, to the park where they could talk. Rath and Maria sat on the bench near the bushes where the two boys first saw the girls. Liz and Zan walked to the street light a small distance away.
Zan leaned against the pole and gazed at Liz through hooded eyes. Liz was looking everywhere but at him. He smiled to himself as he drank in the vision of Liz. He'd thought she was pretty the first time he'd seen her, but now that he was closer and actually had time to really look at her, he realized she was breathtaking. She had hair, the color of chocolate, that reached almost to her waist. His fingers itched to run through her hair, knowing it would be silky smooth to the touch. Naturally long eyelashes fanned over the kind of brown eyes that darkened or lightened according to the seasons. Her creamy skin had a healthy, pink tinge to it making her seem to glow from the inside out. She was petite, but even he knew she was all strength inside. He knew she had to be. He knew things had happened to her that even he couldn't imagine.
He longed to reach out and run his hands through her hair, over her skin, to touch her. Instead, he dipped his head, caught her attention, and said, "Liz, look, I get that you've been through a lot of hard times. But I want you to know that I'm not here to make you hurt more, I'm here to help you live again."
Looking into his emerald eyes, Liz knew he was telling the truth, yet she resisted. "I don't want to live again, why should I?" she asked. "There's nothing worth living for."
"Yes there is. There's the people that love you," he paused, "And there's me."
Liz stared at him in shock, "H-how? I, I don't even know you."
Zan smiled, "Oh, you will know me. I know you will, and you will learn to trust me too."
She shook her head, "I can't, you don't understand! Everyone I love or trust gets..." Liz couldn't go on, her throat constricted every time she tried to talk about it.
Zan saw that Liz was getting upset, "Liz, nothing is going to happen to me, I..."
"Oh right!" interrupted Liz, "Everyone else said that too! And where are they now?" she hissed, "I'll tell you where, they're all buried six feet under the ground!"
Liz could feel the tears began slowly flowing down her cheeks, unable to stop them from falling. She turned away from Zan, not wanting to let him see her cry.
Zan walked over to her and gently turned her to face him. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her close to his chest. He held her there, letting her cry for a while before putting his fingers under her chin, so that she would lift her eyes to his. "Liz, it's okay to cry, you have to let it all out eventually." He let his hand caress her cheek as he continued, "But, you have to know, I'm still alive and I promise, nothing will happen to me. I care about you. And as long as you're with me, nothing will happen."
Zan lowered his head to rest against hers. He watched her slowly smile as she curled her fingers around his hand still resting against her cheek. He returned her smile and slowly lowered his lips to brush them against hers before lifting his head to look into her eyes again. They stared at each other for a few moments, before Liz smiled again and tilted her head closer to his. Their lips met again, this time in a longer kiss. As it deepened, her arms went around his shoulders, one hand traveling into his hair.
Liz briefly wondered what was wrong with her, but then his tongue swept into her mouth and caressed her tongue, all thought flew out the window. His kisses were drugging, addictive. He tasted spicy, yet sweet just like his kisses felt. He seemed to be hungrily devouring her, but in such a gentle, delicate way that didn't threaten her. She could feel her knees growing weak as she tightened her hold around his shoulders.
Zan moaned as he drank his fill of her sweet mouth. No one could have prepared him for the taste of her. Ever since he'd laid eyes on her, he'd wondered what it would be like to kiss her, now he knew. And it was nothing like he'd dreamed. She was sweet, tasting like strawberries and vanilla. She felt so soft and warm against him and he found himself hoping he could taste her like this forever.
While one hand cupped her cheek, the other gently caressed her back pulling her even closer to his body. When he felt her hand in his hair gently urging his head closer, he let his lips brush over the corner of her mouth, then down her cheek. As he began to brush kisses along her neck, they were interrupted by an urgent voice.
"Zan, we've got to get out of here, the gang's heading for the park." Rath smirked as he suddenly realized what he'd just interrupted, "Soooo, looks like there's not a war anymore, huh, Z?"
Zan, afraid Liz would get upset said, "Um, Rath, let's not start with the jokes now."
Liz glared at Rath, "If I were you, I'd keep my nose out of other people's business! I'm sure Maria would be able to keep you occupied!"
Maria came running towards them, "Um, look, let's not argue now or we'll all end up dead. We've got to get out of here! C'mon!"
She grabbed Rath's hand and started running. Zan looked at Liz, then held his hand out to her. She glanced at his hand, then looked into his eyes as she slid her hand into his. He gave her a grin as they ran after Rath and Maria.
*************************************************************************************
The girls took them to the barn, where they knew the gang wouldn't think to find them. "We can stay here for a while, they won't come here. This is my parent's property, but I don't think the gang knows this barn is here." said Maria.
Zan and Rath looked around, they knew the barn well, but the girls didn't know that they did. Rath smiled, "It looks like a comfortable place to hide out in."
Maria laughed, "That's exactly what we use it for. And when we want to be alone to think, we come here. There's really no other place to go without the gang coming around."
Rath pointed to a set of stairs that led upwards to a second level. "Where do those go?"
Maria looked at the stairs as she replied, "They lead up to a place even more private than down here, it's an old hay loft."
Rath grinned, "Sounds interesting, can I see it?"
Maria nodded and led Rath up the stairs.
Frowning, Liz watched them go thinking that Maria was showing Rath the only really private place they had left. She knew she'd never be able to find another place as private as the loft had been. She turned around and saw that Zan was sitting on a pile of hay in the back of the barn.
He smiled, patted the space next to him, and said, "Come sit here, we can talk until they come back." He knew Rath would take some time to be alone with Maria.
Liz looked at Zan warily, wondering if he really only wanted to just talk. She hesitantly made her way to sit next to him, watching his every move.
Zan could see that Liz was being cautious and watching him out of the corner of her eye. He knew what she was afraid of. "Liz, I said we would talk, I have no intention of hurting you."
She arched an eyebrow, "I can see that talking is not really on your mind. Besides, I think we both know that they will take a long time to come back down here."
He sighed, "Look, I'm going to just say it, and hope you won't get upset. I happen to like you. A lot. But I want you to be comfortable with me. To trust me. I'll be honest with you and I will trust you too. You have to let your feelings out. Don't you see? You're keeping it all bottled up inside and it's just making you bitter. If you don't let it out, it'll end up hurting more in the end."
"That's not my fault," retorted Liz, as she leaped to her feet, "Do you think I asked to end up like this? Do you think I enjoy it?"
"See?" he gently pointed out, "You're being defensive."
Liz stared at him. Then she closed her eyes, took a deep breath and slowly let it out. She sat back down, looked at Zan, and smiled, "Better?" she asked.
He nodded, "Better." He paused before asking, "Can I ask you a question?"
Liz nodded.
"Will you tell me what's wrong?"
Liz was silent.
"Liz, you've got to learn to open up and trust again. You can trust me. I will keep my word."
"Okay," she finally agreed, "I'll try."
Zan graced her with a full blown smile. "Good."
Liz looked down at the ground and smiled shyly, "So, they'll be taking their time up there, what shall we do while we wait?"
Zan used his fingers on her chin to turn her to face him until their eyes met, "We can talk about whatever is on your mind."
"No," Liz replied, "I don't feel like talking. Can we just sit here? Can you just hold me?" She moved closer to Zan as thoughts raced through her head. She hoped she wasn't making a terrible mistake in getting close to him.
Zan put his arm around her, holding her close to his side. She lowered her head to his shoulder and circled her arms around his waist. She closed her eyes as she felt him lay his cheek against her head.
*****************************************************************************************
They remained that way until Rath and Maria came down the stairs.
"Hey Z," exclaimed Rath, as he jumped down the last few steps, "Why don't we walk these two young ladies home now?"
Maria walked over to where Zan and Liz were now standing. She smiled at Liz, "I think we better go home before our folks start to worry about us."
Liz nodded her agreement.
The four of them walked out of the barn with Zan and Liz once again trailing behind the other two. Maria and Rath were oblivious to their friends as they walked arm in arm, whispering and giggling together.
Zan walked in silence next to Liz, he watched her out of the corner of his eye. She was watching the two in front of them with an amused expression. Zan knew she was still aware of him next to her, but she was still wary of him. He could feel the uneasiness radiating from her. He wanted to reach out and take her hand, to put her at ease, but he knew better and continued to walk silently besides her until they reached the house.
Rath took Maria into his arms and kissed her. When he pulled away, he took her hands in his and looked into her eyes, "I'll be back tomorrow."
Maria smiled, "I'll be here."
Rath chuckled and shook his head, "No, I mean, I'll be at the school to walk you home again, okay?"
"Okay."
Rath let go of her and she walked towards the house. She waved to him as she walked inside. Rath watched her disappear into the house before he turned and walked off some distance to wait for Zan.
Zan had remained standing next to Liz, both of them still silent. He looked at her trying to find the right words to say to her.
Liz stared at the ground while conflicting emotions whirled inside of her. She wished Zan would take her into his arms, while the other part of her wanted to turn and walk into the house and pretend he'd never existed.
Zan took a chance and moved closer to her, "Bye, Liz."
Liz didn't look at him as she whispered, "Bye."
He leaned closer and kissed her forehead. "Remember, I care about you."
She nodded.
Zan turned and walked off to where Rath was waiting for him.
Liz watched as the two of them walked off into the distance. She reached up and touched the spot on her forehead where he'd kissed her before letting her hand fall to her lips. She sighed and forced down the tears that were threatening to spill.
When she got control of herself, she spun around and stormed towards the door, scolding herself mentally, Liz you idiot! Are you trying to be like Maria? Letting a cute guy get to you? He's probably like all the others. He just wants something. Well, with the way you're acting, he just might get it. I don't believe it! You're getting all mushy inside!
She let out an exasperated sigh as she walked into the house. She paused to say hello to Amy and William before walking to her room. Maria was taking a shower, so Liz had some time to herself. She lay down on her bed and stared at her ceiling.
She tried to push Zan out of her mind. Tried to convince herself that she could care less about him, but her real feelings eventually won.
Liz rolled over on her side and frowned. She did care about him, he had such an overpowering affect on her. There was something about him that drew her close to him, like a moth to a flame. She just wished she could put her finger on it.
Maria walked into the room, drying her hair with a towel. She walked over to her own bed and plopped down on it. She saw Liz lying on her side and asked, "Well, what did you think of them this time?"
Liz rolled her eyes, "What do you mean, what do I think? They are still strange and we still don't know them very well."
"Well, today they seemed really nice and well-mannered. I didn't see anything wrong with them at all. They were very nice."
Liz eyed Maria intently. She wondered if Maria really meant that or said it for her own reasons. "Maria, I don't think you are looking past his good looks. Somehow I still think they're after something."
Maria shook her head, "No Liz. They are really nice. At least Rath is. We spent the entire time up in the hay loft talking. He really listened to me. When I told him about what's happening to us, he really did seem sincere in his concern."
Liz saw the look in Maria's eyes and decided that it was best not to argue with her. Maria looked as if she believed everything she'd just said.
"Look," said Maria, "I know you probably thought that we were doing something else up there, but we weren't. We only talked. I'm not stupid, Liz. I don't let every cute guy that shows interest in me take a piece of me. I want to get to know a guy, before I decide if I like him enough to let him close to me."
She got up and walked over to Liz's bed. She sat down besides Liz and looked her in the eye. "I may drool over every cute guy I see, but that doesn't mean he's got me. I have to really, sincerely like him and I've got to feel like he's doing the same. Trust me on this, will you?"
Liz sighed, "Okay, Maria. I will trust you. I'm sorry, it's just that you always seem to go on and on about a guy as if that's all you can think about."
"I know. It's just that it's fun to talk about guys. I guess it keeps me from getting too depressed about what's been going on in my life right now."
"I understand. Next time I'll try not to mind."
Maria grinned, "Good. Now, honestly, don't you think they were nice?"
Liz shrugged, "I guess so. They didn't try to force us nor were they rude to us. They seemed nice today, but I don't know if they'll always be this way. In these days, it's hard to really know who you can trust."
"Well, I guess that's the best answer I'll get from you. I don't blame you for being cautious. Just don't over do it. If Zan turns out to be a great guy and you never gave him the chance, I'm never gonna let you forget that!" Maria laughed.
Liz chuckled, "Okay, 'Ria. I promise that I'll give him a chance."
Maria grinned, "Great! I just know we'll all get along fabulously! You guys will be good together!" She gave Liz a hug, then returned to the bathroom to finish drying her hair.
Liz changed into a comfortable pair of shorts then settled down to do her homework. After a while she began to wonder if she'd ever get her homework done, because all she saw when she looked at her math book were his emerald green eyes looking back at her.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

part 6

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

roswell3053- Oh, she's gonna have a fight inside of her heart and mind...for a bit.
VeronicB- :wink:
RhondaAnn- Thanks. :D
Grace52373- LOL! Me too!
tequathisy- Thanks. :)
Erina- She's not so easy. LOL.

I know I'm just a teeny tiny bit early, but it's ready, so I thought I'd post it now....on with the show...

Part 6

Wild boys never lose it
Wild boys always shine

Zan and Rath walked out of the manufactory building in silence. Each one was thinking about the girl he'd just left behind. Neither one of them said a word until they reached the bridge that led into the East side.
Rath was the first to break the silence, "So, Z, how did it go?"
Zan shrugged, "It was okay, I guess." He sighed, "You were right. Liz's had it rough, but I'm hoping she'll open up and learn to trust me. Gods, Rath, she's beautiful! But she has so much pain inside of her."
Rath nodded, "Yeah, Maria explained some of why Liz is the way she is. Zan, did you know that Liz was there when they killed her whole family? Maria said she saw it all. She said that Liz used to be different than the way she is now. Before, she was friendly, participating in school activities, and on her way to becoming someone big. Then this happened and suddenly she retreated into her shell. She doesn't seem to care about school anymore and isn't trying to be the best student like she once was."
Zan frowned as scenarios of what Liz's life was like formed in his mind. As he and Rath continued to walk through the East side of the kingdom before walking through the gates that led to the castle grounds, he wondered if she would eventually tell him what had really happened to her and her family. He just couldn't imagine that the death of her family had been the reason why she would just close up and become the untrusting, cold girl she was now. He knew that wasn't entirely true. He knew somewhere inside of her was a warm, caring person. He'd had a glimse of her when they'd kissed in the park and another one when she'd sat with him in the barn. He could see it in her eyes, it was in there, but afraid to come out. He just hoped he could somehow find a way to help her be the girl she once was.
Liz closed her eyes in exhaustion. She couldn't believe how tired and drained she felt. It had been a long day for her. She wasn't used to all this emotional upheavel. She'd had to deal with avoiding the gang before and after school. Then Maria and her had run into the two guys again and they walked them home as a way of protecting the girls. Along the way, Liz had discovered the feelings she thought long buried were rising to the surface again. And it was all because a mysterious stranger with the most mesmerising emerald eyes she'd ever seen had somehow managed to get beneath the surface of her skin. She was no longer a stone wall, no longer able to hide her heart away. The conversation she'd had with Zan had reached deep inside and made her think about the past again. It had also opened her eyes about how she'd been treating everyone who cared about her. The conversation she'd had later with Maria had added to the eye opening thoughts. It had distracted her to the point that she had been unable to concentrate on her homework, so she'd given up and gone to take a really long hot shower in hopes it would help her relax.
No such luck. As soon as Liz got out of the shower, Amy had called them to dinner and Liz had to listen as both Amy and William explained how things were going with the protests against the Mayor. This time she had remained quiet throughout most of the dinner conversation. Instead of getting angry, she had gotten sad. As she glanced around the table watching everyone eating and talking as if all the protesting was just another day in their lives, she realized that they had all begun to take their lives for granted. Everyone was so caught up in fighting for their freedom, that they never realized what else they were missing from their lives. No one seemed to be taking the time to cherish what they had. People who cared about them. People who depended on them. Time wasn't spent on each other anymore, it was spent on trying to come up with the best strategy for winning a war. It had nearly brought her to tears and she had quietly excused herself from the table when she could no longer stand it.
Now, she was curled up under her covers listening to Maria lightly breathing in her sleep. Liz had attempted to do her homework again after dinner. She'd succeeded in doing most of it, but exhaustion had finally caught up with her and she had called it a night. Maria had already gone to bed by the time Liz had crawled under the covers. Luckily for Liz, she didn't have to wait too long as sleep finally claimed her.
Zan grinned as he watched Lonnie wrestling with Charles for one of the puppies from Kyle's dog, Sleeta. He had kept his word and accompanied his sister to Charles house after they'd had dinner, to see the new virtual computer Charles had built. After playing with the computer for a while, the three of them had then gone over to Kyle's house to see the new puppies.
"That's the one I wanted Charles! Pick another one!" pouted Lonnie.
"No way! I saw him first, I picked him up first. And Kyle already said I could have this one."
Lonnie huffed, "Alexander Charles Whitman! Don't you dare make me pull rank!"
As Zan hissed, Charles widened his eyes in mock terror before he chuckled good-naturedly, "Okay Princess, you win." He grinned as he handed the puppy to Lonnie.
Zan rolled his eyes, "And Rath says I'm a wuss!"
Charles glanced at him, "Hey! I resent that! Besides, my parents taught me never to argue with a lady."
Kyle, who had been sitting on the floor with Sleeta across his lap laughed and looked around the room, "Where's the lady?"
Lonnie cast him a glare as Charles answered, "You my friend, have been hanging around your bitches and their puppies for too long!" He then looked back at Zan and grinned, "Besides, I'm man enough to admit I'm a wuss when it comes to my lady."
Zan chuckled as Lonnie stuck her tongue out at him in a very unladylike manner before turning back to Charles and gracing him with one of her loving smiles. He'd known that eventually Lonnie would have won anyway. Charles never won against her because it was just as he said. He'd do anything for Lonnie, and everyone knew it. Everyone except the King and Queen it seemed. Lonnie was just as smitten with Charles as he was with her and Zan often wondered how their parents had never caught on to the relationship between their daughter and their best computer programmer. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that Charles had been a part of their group all of their lives, just like Kyle had been.
After setting Sleeta aside, Kyle got up and stretched, "Well, I don't know about you guys, but I'm beat. And I gotta get up at the crack of dawn to get to my new training sessions that dad insisted I have."
Zan quirked an eyebrow, "New training sessions?"
"Yep, dad is gonna start training me for the position."
"Is he thinking of retiring?" Zan asked.
Kyle shook his head, "Nah, but he's been wanting a new assistant since Tan up and left two months ago. So he figured who better than his only son, right." He shrugged, "Not that I'm complaining really, I just hate getting up that early. And it's even less sleep I'll be getting now, as if I need to lose any more."
Charles laughed at that, "Well Kyle, guess you are gonna have to give up some of your hobbies to make room for more important things."
Lonnie snickered, "Yeah, like breeding your bitches and well, attempting to breed yourself."
As Zan and Charles chuckled, Kyle feigned a hurt look, "Hey! I love my bitches!" That sent all of them into fits of laughter, "Wait, that came out wrong! I love breeding my dogs. And it's not my fault that the ladies love me!"
Zan shook his head, "It's okay Kyle. You know we all love you anyway. Right Lonnie?"
She walked over to Kyle and gave him a hug, "He's right. We love you, ego and all." She pulled away after giving him a kiss on the cheek, "I'll come get the puppy when you tell me he's ready to leave his mom, okay?"
Kyle nodded.
Charles shook his hand before joining Lonnie at the door, "I'll come by tomorrow and pick one for myself."
Kyle grinned, "Sure." As Zan shook his hand, he asked, "Sure you don't want one too?"
"Sorry, man. I already have Teether. And he doesn't play well with others."
Kyle chuckled, "You really have to let the tiger go Zan, he's getting too big for you. And your dad is starting to complain loudly to my dad about the cat's destruction of things, no matter how harmless it seems."
Zan sighed, "I know. He's complained to me too, but I raised Teether from a cub and he's never hurt me. You know about the connection we have. How can I possibly let him go knowing about that?"
"I don't know man, wish there was someone who could help."
Zan nodded before following Lonnie and Charles out of the house. They waved goodbye to Kyle, then headed towards Charles house. Lonnie was going to say goodnight to Charles there, then go with Zan back to the castle.
Liz tossed in her bed as the nightmare seized her. Visions of the past flew through her mind in a flurry of images. Glass breaking, gunshots, and heavy objects hitting the floor. A tall, thin man smiling as he held a little blonde girl in his arms. The whisper of wind blowing across tombstones with the names, Jeffery Jordan Parker, Nancy Elizabeth Parker, and Tess Ava Parker. The angry shouts of the man as faceless men stormed his home. An auburn haired woman, laughing at the sight of a small brunette girl chasing a butterfly. The screams of the woman and the cries of the little blonde girl. An eerie silence, broken by the soft weeping of the small brunette girl. Evil laughter and voices promising more pain and terror. The little blonde girl's body lying like a broken doll at the bottom of the stairs. The look of terror on the auburn haired woman's face as a knife protuded from her torso. The tall man's hand reaching out as he dragged his useless body across the floor, a name on his lips.
"Liz."
"No!" she screamed as she sat up in her bed.
Maria frowned, "Liz, are you okay? You were having a nightmare."
Liz looked at Maria sitting next to her on her bed. She swallowed and shook her head, banishing the nightmare images. "I'm okay."
"Are you sure, Liz?" Maria asked as she watched Liz breathing hard.
Liz closed her eyes in an attempt to regulate her breathing, but the images were waiting for her behind her lids. She snapped her eyes open and leaped out of bed, heading for the bathroom.
"Liz, what's wrong?"
"Nothing Maria, I'm just gonna take a shower."
Maria tried to follow, but Liz shut the door in her face. She sighed and went back to getting ready for school. She knew Liz would talk to her when she was ready to.
Liz stood in the shower letting the hot water rush over her body. She could feel the tiny shudders moving through her as she stared at the tiled wall. She was still in shock that the dreams had returned. She knew very well why they had. It was because of him. He had opened her heart again. After everything that had happened to her family, Liz had shut herself down, she'd thought it was the only way for her to survive. If she could turn off all of her emotions then she wouldn't dream the deaths anymore. It had worked. No longer allowing herself to feel anything except anger and disinterest, she'd managed to get through her life and her sleep had been nightmare free. But Zan had come along, and now she couldn't seem to close up her heart again. All the emotions she'd buried for so long were now bubbling over at an alarming rate.
She took a deep breath and let it out. It came out shakily and the next thing Liz knew she was on her knees with what she knew wasn't the water from the shower falling down her cheeks. Trembling, she lowered her head and covered her face with her hands, a soft keening wail escaping from between her fingers.
She wept as the past came back in waves. Tumbling over her and sweeping her away. She couldn't stop it and so she gave in. Let it take her where it would, she couldn't fight it anymore. She knew it was past time to deal with her pain.
Zan turned back to look at Rath who was still trying to fix his hair. He laughed, "Man, enough, it isn't gonna stand up any higher."
Rath made a face, "If only one of my powers was being able to dry things, my hair would be done. Or how about the power to stiffen things?"
Zan rolled his eyes, "Really Rath, sometimes you come up with the strangest things."
Rath grinned, "Well, what else am I supposed to do to relieve the boredom?" He turned to look ahead of them and his grin blossomed, "There they are."
Zan looked in the direction Rath was looking, his eyes were immediately drawn to the shiny, chocolate tresses he was already familiar with. He smiled as he made his way closer to Liz, her scent washing over him, making him sigh in contentment. It wasn't until he got closer and saw the circles under her eyes and the way she wasn't looking at them. His smile faded as he noted the glassy look in her eyes and the pinched mouth. She had been crying. He just knew it, he could still smell her tears. Instinct took over and before he realized what he was doing, he reached out to her and slid his arm over her shoulders, bringing her into his side like a wild animal protecting its mate. He felt her tense, but only for a moment until he lowered his head to hers and brushed his lips against her hair. "Shhh, it's okay nu'halla, I'm here now."
Rath gave Zan a look before taking Maria's hand and giving her a kiss, "How was your day Maria?"
Maria nodded and responded without taking her eyes from Zan and Liz, "It was fine."
Zan still held Liz close to him as he sent Maria a wordless question with his eyes. Her response was a shrug. He nodded and bent towards Liz again, "Come on, leijha'mi, let's go home."
Liz allowed Zan to steer her through campus and towards the park without a word. As they walked, her mind kept repeating what she'd heard him say. As the four of them passed the park, Liz glanced up at Maria and Rath who were walking ahead of them. The two of them had their arms around each other and their heads leaning towards each other as if talking softly. She lifted her eyes to Zan who was still holding her to his side. He was also watching Maria and Rath ahead of them.
Her voice came out almost too softly, but Zan heard her clearly, "What was that you said?"
He looked down at her, "What?"
She looked down at the ground, "Those words, what did they mean?"
He looked startled for a moment before he spoke, "I was just trying to cheer you up."
She frowned, "Why would you think I needed cheering up?"
"You looked sad."
"I wasn't. I just had a long day at school." She stopped walking and turned to look at him, her frown deepening.
Zan didn't look at her for a moment, he watched as Rath and Maria disappeared around the side of the barn before he turned to Liz. "Liz, I saw your face, even now your eyes look sad. Like you've been crying."
She stiffened, "I wasn't."
He closed his eyes. He knew she was lying, he could smell it. He let out a little sigh before opening his eyes and looking straight into hers. "You're being defensive again. I thought you said you'd try to trust me?" he asked softly.
He watched as his words sunk in and her lips trembled before a tear slid down her cheek.
"Liz.." he trailed off as she lowered her head into her hands and he heard the soft sobs. Reaching out he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to his chest. He held her as she sobbed, softly brushing his lips over the top of her head and whispering to her, "Let it out, nu'halla. Let it go. It'll be okay."
Liz leaned against him, letting the warmth and comfort of his arms chase the pain away. He was right. She was being defensive. She was desperately trying to keep her walls up and failing miserably. Slowly she moved out of the safety of his embrace and looked up at him. "You're right. I was crying." She looked down at the ground, "Last night, I had a dream, it was bad. I woke up upset. It's been bothering me all day."
Zan nodded, "Will you tell me about it?"
Liz swallowed, then looked towards the barn, "Can we go sit down? It's kind of complicated."
Zan took her hand in his and led her into the barn. They got comfortable among the pile of hay before Zan took her hand into his again. "So, what was this dream about?"
Liz looked into his emerald eyes and said, "It was about my family's murder."

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

part 7

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi everyone.... I don't have time to leave any responses to your feed back, but I've read them. Thanks all. I'm in my hometown right now visiting the 'rents. So I can't really stay here. I did have the next part. I know it's realllllly late and it's kind of short to, but I'll make it up to you I swear. :lol:

****warning**** This part has some disturbing violent images in it. I didn't want you to read this part without the warning.

Now, on with the show...

Part 7

"Your family's murder?" Zan whispered.
Liz nodded, "Yes. I was there when they were all murdered, I saw it all. Last night, I dreamed of it again."
"You've dreamed of this often?"
"Not lately. I thought I'd gotten rid of the dreams, but last night it came back." she sighed, "It's been almost six years since I last dreamed of them."
Zan looked at Liz, watching her facial expressions as she told him how long it had been. He could see it in her eyes, she was still reliving the deaths in her mind as she sat there next to him. Gently he asked, "how old were you when they died?"
Liz flinched before looking up at him, "I was 9." She swallowed before going on, "I was gonna be 10 in less than a week."
Zan closed his eyes in sympathy. He could smell her sadness, her pain. Swallowing, he opened his eyes, placed a hand under her chin and lifted her face so he could look into her eyes. "I understand that this is painful, but I really would like to know what happened. Do you think you could tell me? If it's too hard, I'll understand, I can wait..."
Liz shook her head, "No, it's okay, I think I should try to get this out. Maybe the dreams will stop if I just let them go..."
Zan nodded, "Dreams are usually a way of the subconscious mind trying to tell you something. You've been keeping all this inside. It's still in there after all these years...haunting you."
Liz gave him a hesitant smile, then nodded, "Yes. I...I think you may be right."
He wrapped his arm around her shoulder, bringing her closer to his side. Once he was certain she was feeling comfortable, he whispered against her temple, "Tell me."
Liz was silent for a few moments, gathering her courage and willing her voice to work. Then she wrapped her arms around his waist and closed her eyes. As the images appeared behind her lids, she began to tell the story...

Liz sat in the middle of her bed flipping through the magazine she held in her lap. She grinned as she tried to think of what her parents had gotten her for her tenth birthday. She knew they had something planned, but they wouldn't tell her what it was or what they had gotten for her. She was beginning to get impatient. Her tenth birthday was only four days away and she was already wishing it was today. She was so impatient that she had tried to inlist the help of her younger sister, Tess. Since Tess was only seven, and she looked up to her big sister, Liz had thought to get the truth out of Tess. However, her parents had known that and had not even confided in their youngest daughter about the birthday plans.
So, Liz flipped through the magazine looking for hints about what she could have gotten when she suddenly heard shouting coming from downstairs. She scrambled off of her bed, heading towards her doorway, but her mother suddenly appeared.
"Liz, honey, go to your special place."
Liz frowned, "What? But mom..."
"Liz! Just do it!" Her mother frantically added, "Hurry!" Then she was gone.
Liz could hear her mother's running steps rapidly fading away. Then she heard her father's angry voice booming through the house, "You can't come in! Stay away from my property, you bastards!"
Her eyes went wide as she heard the sound of glass breaking downstairs, then the sound of wood splintering, accompanied by her mother's scream. "Jeff!"
"Nancy, get Tess and go!" She heard her father yell.
Liz didn't waste anymore time. She quickly dashed into her closet, pushing past all of her clothes to the back. Kneeling down, she found the indention by memory and dug the heel of her hand against it. A trap door lifted slightly from the floor and Liz lifted it up enough to slip through it. As soon as she crawled into the space that was only large enough to fit her lying down on her stomach, the door quietly shut itself above her. She lay there silently listening to the sounds coming from below.
There was the sound of more glass breaking, and the pounding of feet, rushing up the stairs. Her father's voice boomed once more, "Get away from them!"
"Let go of her! No! Not my baby!" her mother screamed.
Liz heard the crying of her little sister and someone laughing. "Aw, don't cry little girl. I'm not gonna hurt you."
Her father growled, "Let go of her you bastard."
More laughter, "Now, now Jeff. Why should I? She's such a precious little thing ain't she guys? Look at all that shiny blonde hair. Like a little doll. Think we should take her for ourselves?"
"No! Get your slimy hands off of my daughter! I'll rip you apart if you touch her!" her father roared.
"Too late, see, I'm touching her." he laughed, "Wow! It feels as soft as it looks!"
"Stop it you beast!" her mother sobbed.
"Stay where you are lady or I'll do something you won't like."
"Nancy! Do as he says!"
"No! Let go of her!" Sounds of feet shuffling, then her sister's scream, followed by her mother's, "Tess! Oh God, nooooo!"
Liz heard something rolling down the stairs, then sudden silence.
It was broken by her father's roar, "I'll kill you! I'll kill you all!"
"Don't come any closer! I'll do her too!"
"Jeff, I'm so sorry, I'm so sorry..." her mother sobbed.
A pair of feet, running up the stairs, then "No! Nancy, no!"
"You asked for it, man! You won't listen to my warning. Now both your women are gone."
"Fucking asshole!"
"Guys....waste him."
Gunshots sounded, making Liz jump in her space.
"Enough" a voice boomed. And all went silent. A few seconds later she heard something heavy hitting the floor. Then, "You should have listened, man. Maybe you all would still be alive then."
A pause, "I heard you had two girls. Where's the other one?"
Another pause, "We'll find her. Guys, she's gotta be around somewhere, find her and bring her here."
She heard several pairs of footsteps moving around the house. They were upstairs and downstairs. She heard a pair in her room and the sounds of things being moved around. Liz never moved, she never made a sound as she listened to them searching for her. Eventually the footsteps all made their way back downstairs to where she'd heard the voice.
Silence followed, then he spoke, "Little girl? I know you're here. Come out, come out wherever you are."
Fear gripped Liz. Her body trembled and she clapped a hand over her mouth. Her mother had told her never to say a word, never to let anybody know she was in her special place, not even her own parents should know she was there. They had practiced with her many times. And when Liz had given herself away, she'd been punished for it. She had learned the hard way to keep silent no matter how hard it was. Keep silent, or she would be punished. Liz didn't want to be punished like that ever again.
A second voice spoke, "Dude, maybe he's right. Maybe she's not here at all."
The first voice growled, "Where would she be then?"
"Maybe he was telling the truth. He doesn't have another daughter. He hasn't had one in years."
"My father said he had two!"
"Maybe he did have two. But the second is no longer with them, just like he said. His daughter died last year."
"Then my father should have known this."
"Not really man. When was the last time you saw them all together, huh?"
A pause, "You're right. Fine. We're leaving guys. Our work is done. Even if the girl is alive somewhere, what can she do? And if we ever find her, we can finish the job then."
Liz remained where she was long after she heard the voices and footsteps fade away. Long after the sounds of car doors slammming and the squeal of tires fading into the distance. She remained in her special place until the silence began to annoy her.
Slowly emerging from her place, she crawled out of the closet warily looking around. Afraid that her parents would be waiting there to punish her for failing again. But no one was waiting for her in her room. She hesitantly made her way out of her room and down the hallway towards the stairs. As she drew closer to the stairway, her eyes landed on the body that lay sprawled on its back on the other side of the stairway. It was her mother.
Liz slowly walked up to her mother and peered down at her. Her mother lay on her back, eyes wide open in terror and staring at the ceiling. A knife protruded from her torso. One hand rested limply against the knife, the other curled around the banister.
"Mommy?" Liz whispered. "Mommy, can you hear me?"
A scraping sound from downstairs caught Liz's attention. She turned her head and saw her father dragging himself across the floor, a trail of blood in his wake.
"Daddy!" she screamed and ran down the stairs. She came to a stumbling halt as she noticed her little sister's body lying in a heap at the foot of the stairs. Liz's eyes went wide as she noticed the odd angle of Tess's neck and the trickle of blood from her nose. Tess's eyes were closed and her blonde hair was a mess of curls spilling over half of her face.
Liz looked up at her father, her lips trembling, "Daddy, what's happening?" She looked down at her sister, "What's wrong with Tess? With mommy?"
Her father lifted his hand towards her, "Liz...honey, come here."
Liz hesitantly stepped around her sister's body and made her way to her father's side. He rolled over onto his back with a groan. Liz saw the blood soaking his shirt. "Daddy! You're hurt!"
"It's okay baby." he swallowed, "Liz, you have to listen to me okay?"
As Liz nodded he went on, "Go upstairs and pack a suitcase...like your mother taught you...then go to Amy's house...tell her I said to give me justice..." he groaned, "Can you remember that Liz?...Tell Amy that...okay?"
"What about you daddy?"
"Don't...don't worry about me...baby... I'll be fine...go Liz."
"But daddy..."
"Liz...go."
She quickly scrambled to her feet at her father's command and rushed upstairs. She packed a suitcase just like her mother had taught her and ran back downstairs with it. She knelt at her father's side again and leaned over him, "Daddy? I'm all packed. Are you coming with me?"
Silence was her answer. She frowned and reached for her father's shoulder, shaking him. "Daddy?"
She shook him harder, "Daddy wake up! Wake up daddy!"
When there was still no answer, Liz sat back on her heels and stared at her father. Slowly she lifted her head and let her eyes take in the entire view. She saw the broken glass littering the floor from the windows. The front door had been torn from it's hinges, splintered in two. Blood was smeared on the floor around her father. Her sister lay at the foot of the stairs. More broken glass from the mirror that once hung on the wall near the stairs. Her mothers feet dangled over the top stair. Liz closed her eyes against the view and lowered her head.
The silence was finally broken by the soft sobbing of a little brunette girl.

Zan became aware of Liz's sobbing, her tears had already soaked his shirt before that. He simply sat there holding her in his arms, letting one hand softly caress her back to soothe her. He could feel her fingers digging into his sides, as if she were holding on for dear life. He tightened his arms around her and lowered his lips to her hair. Tenderly kissing the top of her head, he whispered, "That's it, nu'halla, let it go."
Liz could feel his lips in her hair and his hands caressing her back. It felt comforting to her. She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt that warm and safe. His whispered words were soothing to her. He was like a soothing balm for all the emotional wounds she'd been carrying inside her after all these years. Now, those wounds seemed to finally begin to heal.
Zan held her for a long as she trembled and cried, but when she seemed to just be lying still in his arms, he lifted her face with his hand so that he could see her. Her face was red, her eyes glassy, and yet she was the most beautiful girl he'd ever seen. He gave her a tender smile, "Feeling better?"
She laughed softly, "Yes."
"Good," his voice turned serious, "I'm glad you talked about it. I hope this helps you to heal." He brushed his fingers over her cheek, "Something like that shouldn't be kept inside, but I understand why you wouldn't want to be close to anyone now. I understand your pain."
She nodded, "It's just so hard. And I keep thinking that they'll come for me some day. They'll recognize me and try to finish what they started all those years ago. And they'll go after the others that I care about."
He hugged her close to him, "No Liz, they won't harm you. I promise you I won't let them have you. I'll keep you safe."
Looking into his eyes, Liz knew he meant it. He promised to keep her safe, but she was still worried that he didn't really understand what he was up against. She couldn't understand how he could protect her from them. She sighed and rested her head against his shoulder.
Zan spoke again, "Liz, could you tell me about your family."
She lifted her eyes to his, "What?"
"What were they like?"
She sat up then and stared at a spot over his shoulder, thinking. She suddenly smiled. "They were great. My father was really tall, and Tess and I loved it when he would pick us up and swing us around. We would feel like we were flying." She laughed, "My mom used to tell my father to stop because I was getting older and bigger, and she'd complain that he'd hurt his back. But dad never stopped and I always felt so weightless in his arms."
Zan nodded, but kept silent, he wanted her to go on.
"Tess was two years younger than I and we did almost everything together. I think I took after my dad, because I was always trying to get into things and causing mischief, while Tess would just follow along. I know she looked up to me and mom always said that too. Especially when I'd done something to get into trouble, she'd tell me to stop because all I was doing was being a bad influence on my little sister."
Liz was grinning now as she remembered all the times she'd do something and then get caught. Her father would try to be serious and stern because her mother was there trying to scold her, but she always saw the sparkle of laughter and pride in his eyes. And Tess, Tess never saw what Liz did as being wrong. She too saw that her father wasn't really angry, so she continued to follow Liz everywhere.
Zan smiled, "You all were close."
Liz nodded, "Yeah. Tess and I basically had each other. So, we were close. I know mom was just being a mother, and I never resented her for her discipline. She wasn't mean, just stern. But we all knew she loved us. She could have fun with us too."
He nodded, "Yeah, my mother can be that way too."
She stared at him for a moment. "Your mother is stern?"
He chuckled, "Yes. Not like my father though. Mom is subtle. I don't think I'll ever be able to describe how she does it, but she's really good at handling my sister and I. She's also great at dealing with my father's outbursts."
Liz smiled, "You have a sister too?"
"Yes, Isabel is my younger sister. Like you, I'm the oldest. But Rath, is more like a brother to me than just a friend. We all grew up together. There's also Charles and Kyle."
"Isabel is the only sibling?"
He nodded, "Blood sibling yes." He chuckled, "But like I said, we all grew up together, so all of them seem like brothers to me. I know Isabel feels the same."
"Wow. You are so lucky to have grown up with all of those people to care about you."
"I know." He looked into her eyes. "But you've always had people who care about you Liz. I know they aren't your real parents, but I bet Maria's parents care about you, just like Maria does."
Liz nodded with a sigh, "You're right. They do. Amy and William have always been kind to me. They took me in and raised me along with their own daughter. And Maria is more like a sister to me too. I really am lucky that they had enough room in their lives to take me in."
Zan chuckled, "How could they not? You're irrisistable."
That earned a laugh from Liz. They continued to sit and trade stories about their families until Rath and Maria entered the barn. The moment Maria saw Liz smiling and talking to Zan, she came to a sudden halt. Rath, whose hand was in hers, stopped walking to look at her.
"Maria?" he asked. His question caused Zan and Liz to look up at them.
Maria walked over to Liz and sank down to her knees, "Do you know, this is the first time since before you came to live with us that I've seen you smile like that." She turned to Zan, "What did you do to her?"
Zan shrugged as Liz chuckled, "We were just talking about our families and how similar they seem to be to each other."
Maria raised an eyebrow, "Oh really?"
Liz grinned, "Yes. Zan was telling me about his younger sister who is sort of like Tess was. And his mother is like my mom." She turned and gave Zan a mock frown, "But his dad seems to be a tyrant, unlike my dad was."
Rath laughed as he sat next to Maria. "I don't think anyone is gonna ever be as much of a tyrant as Phillip is."
Maria looked at Rath, "Oh you know him do you?"
At Rath's nod, Liz filled her in, "Rath grew up with Zan and Isabel. As did Kyle and Charles."
Maria gaped, "Wow! You know more than I do!"
Rath chuckled, "We can fill you in if you want, it's not really a big deal."
"Oh yeah?" retorted Zan, "As I recall, who was the one always sneaking into my house in the middle of the night when his dad was out during the night shift?"
Rath growled, "Hey! I'm not the one who's wrapped around my little sister's finger now am I?"
As the guys started playfully bickering, Liz and Maria made themselves comfortable so that they could listen to and participate in the telling of family stories.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Part 8

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi all. This is gonna be a really short chapter. I wanted it to be longer, as I have more already written, but I couldn't seem to make it flow together. So I stopped it here for now. I think it's just that I can't really concentrate with the problems I'm having in RL right now. I'll get it together soon, I promise... :oops:

(combining comments from feed back to both chapters 6 and 7...)

roswell3053- Sooooo, how do you tell a traumatized girl that you're not exactly human? :lol: Good times? What good times? :? J/K

RhondaAnn- You are welcome! Hee hee....Rath knows Maria...she's the talker remember? :wink:

Erina- me too!

tequathisy- thanks! :D

VeronicB- I hope so too! Zan's Da Man! :lol:

Okay, now on with the show....

Part 8

Liz leaned back against Zan's chest as his arms enveloped her. She could feel the rumble of his laughter as Rath continued to tell his story. "And when Kyle called Charles a nerd, Lonnie pushed him into the mud puddle."
Maria laughed, "I think I may just like this sister of yours, Zan."
Liz giggled, "Yeah, I think I like Isabel too."
Zan groaned, "In that case, I'll make sure neither of you ever have the chance to meet her."
Rath nodded, "Yeah, Lonnie will corrupt the two of you." He glanced at Maria, "And I like you just the way you are."
Maria grinned, "Aw, spaceboy, I like you too." She giggled and kissed his cheek.
Liz rolled her eyes, "Okay, people, let's not get too cute here."
Zan laughed, "But you can't help it if you already are." He leaned in and rubbed his chin against her neck.
Liz giggled and turned her head towards his, placing a kiss on his cheek. "Okay, for that, you can have a kiss too."
He grinned as he leaned closer and brushed his lips against hers. His lips lingered for a few moments then he pulled away, looking into her eyes. She gave him a shy smile and shifted to wrap her arms around his waist. He simply held her close to him.
Maria broke the comfortable silence. "Well, as much as I want to stay here a little longer, I think we should be getting home before it gets dark."
Liz nodded, "Yeah, we should go." She looked longingly at Zan, "If we don't get home before dark, Amy's likely to start a search party for us."
He nodded.
The boys helped the girls to their feet and all of them walked out of the barn towards the house. As they walked, Liz held Zan's hand. She looked over at him and smiled when she saw him looking at her. He returned her smile, then wrapped his arm around her shoulder. She leaned closer to him, sliding her arm around his waist.
When they got to the house, Liz turned to face him, "Thank you. For listening to me, I mean."
Zan nodded, "You're welcome." He lifted his hand to her cheek, "Feeling better?"
She smiled, "Much."
He chuckled, "I'm glad."
Smiling shyly, she ducked her head until Zan lifted it with two fingers under her chin. Her smile faltered when she saw the look in his eyes. They smoldered, seeming to sear her with their heat. She suddenly found it hard to breathe as he leaned in. Her eyes fluttered closed and she let out a soft sigh when his lips met hers. When she didn't protest, he curled his fingers around her neck and deepened the kiss. Liz lifted her hands, fisting his shirt. When his tongue slid over her lips, she parted them, granting him access to her mouth. Just when she felt a moan beginning in her throat, he pulled away slowly, taking his warmth with him. She wanted to cry at the unfairness of it.
He smiled, taking her hand into his, "I'll be there tomorrow. To walk you home again ok?"
She nodded, "Okay."
"Bye Liz."
"Bye Zan," she whispered.
He let go of her hand and walked backwards never taking his eyes off of her. Rath finished saying his goodbye to Maria and joined Zan. Maria moved over to Liz where they both watched the guys disappear into the night.
Maria turned to Liz and grinned, "C'mon, let's go inside."
Liz nodded and followed Maria into the house.
An anxious Amy met them in the hallway. "Where have you two been? Do you know what time it is? I thought something had happened to you."
Maria shook her head, "No mom. Sorry. But Liz was feeling down and wanted to talk, so we went to the barn."
Liz agreed, "Yeah, we've been there the whole time. I'm sorry Amy. We didn't mean to worry you, I just really needed to talk."
Amy looked worriedly at Liz, "Are you all right, honey?"
"Yes," she nodded, "I am now."
Amy sighed, "Okay," she looked from one girl to the next, "But the next time, please come to the house before going to the barn? We always need to know where you are. We can't take any chances anymore. You both know how dangerous things are getting."
Both girls nodded and gave Amy a hug. "We will Amy," said Liz.
"Good," she sighed, "Well, you girls go on in. Dinner should be ready soon."
Zan glanced around him as he and Rath walked through the East side. Things were quiet that early in the evening. Too quiet. He noticed that there wasn't really anyone in the streets and all the windows and doors seemed to be shut tight. He frowned, something was wrong. He could feel it. Suddenly Rath's voice whispered in his mind, Is it me or is this place too quiet and empty for early evening?
It's not you. Zan replied, using his own mindspeech.
Okay, then. What do you think is going on?
I don't know, but it feels bad. Keep yourself on alert.
Done.
They made their way stealthily through the empty streets towards the castle. As they reached the gates, Kyle came rushing out with several guards in tow.
"There you two are." He said, looking a little frantic, yet relieved, "We've been trying to reach you for hours. Not even Lonnie could reach you with mind speech!"
Zan frowned, "What's going on?"
Kyle swallowed, then looked at Rath.
Rath narrowed his eyes. "You heard him, spill Kyle."
Kyle lowered his head, "It's your father, Rath. He's been murdered."
Zan's eyes went wide as Rath looked like he'd just been sucker punched.
"Murdered?" Zan exclaimed.
Kyle nodded. "He was enroute to the northern border to do the monthly inventory when his group was attacked by a group of rebels." He looked up at Zan, "At least your father thinks it was rebels, according to the eyewitness account."
Zan narrowed his eyes, "Eyewitness? Someone saw this? Where were the guards?"
"The eyewitness was the only surviving guard, he barely made it back alive. The Chief Advisor only took four guards with him this time. It's been quiet in the West, no one thought there'd be trouble."
Zan growled, "Have they learned nothing! They know the way it is. My father perfected it! Make them think we're comfortable, at peace. Then attack when their guard is down! He should have known better!"
Kyle swallowed, "They are only rebels, Your Highness. Nothing impor.."
"Only rebels!" Zan yelled, "Those rebels, just ambushed the Chief Advisor and four guards!"
Kyle lowered his head in silence. The rest of the guards shifted nervously behind him. Zan took a deep breath and realized his best friend hadn't said a word. Quickly he looked at Rath noticing that he stood there staring blankly at the castle.
Zan stepped up to Rath, softly saying his name, "Ra'thlan?"
Rath blinked and turned to look at Zan, there were unshed tears in his eyes, "My father's dead."

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics
Shadowlynxbehr
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Shadowlynxbehr »

Hi guys! Before I start the next part, I wanted to show off my new banner for this story made my the talented Chynna Princess. Isn't it cool? I love how she used Future Max from the show as Zan and Maria's hair is red like in the story! I also think it's sooo cool that the spaceship beam from the show looks like the portal leading up to the 'real' world in this story. How cool is that! Thanks Chynna!

Okay, now I just wanted to say it's amazing how you all banded up together for Rath. I'm glad you all got the idea of how he was feeling. I was kind of worried about that. You'll get a glimpse of his feelings again in this part. And I wanted to mention that after this, you all should start seeing more of what the 'wild boys' are. I just wanted to set up the relationships between the four of them before I went into the futuristic world and letting you see what the 'wild boy' world is like. It's coming! :twisted:

RhondaAnn, roswell3053, and VeronicB- Rath will have his day and Maria will be worried. But all will be well soon...

On with the show...

Part 9

After having dinner, Liz was attempting to do her homework when Maria sat down on the bed besides her. She looked up at her best friend who had a huge grin on her face. "Yes Maria?" she asked.
"Oh please, don't give me that innocent look! So, what's up with you and Zan?" she asked.
Liz grinned, "Me and Zan?"
Maria rolled her eyes, "I am not blind. I know what I saw earlier was not mouth to mouth resuscitation. So?"
Liz giggled, "So, we're talking."
"Liz! That wasn't talking!"
"Okay, we were talking before you and Rath joined us. I... I told him about my family's deaths. He just held me and listened until I got it all out." She sighed, "He seemed to know I needed to get it out and cry about it, then he tried to cheer me up by asking me about the good times I remember having with them." She looked up at Maria, "That's when you two came in, when we were trading the good time stories about our families."
Maria nodded, "So, you told him what happened?"
"Yeah, every thing that I can remember."
"Oh." Maria looked down at the comforter, picking at an imaginary string.
"What is it?" asked Liz.
Maria shrugged, "I don't know, I guess I just always thought you'd tell me what happened." She looked up at Liz, "I mean, I always thought I'd be the one you would eventually open up to because I'm your best friend and all."
Liz's eyes went wide, "Oh Maria!" She threw her arms around her best friend and hugged her tight. "You are my best friend. You mean more to me than I can ever say." She took Maria's hands in hers. "I know I've been shutting you out and taking you for granted. And I just want to tell you how sorry I am for doing that. I never meant to hurt you. I never meant to make you feel like I didn't love you. Because I do Maria. I always have. You are my soul sister. And you always will be. You have to know that I wouldn't have made it this far without you here."
Tears were streaming down both girls faces as Maria nodded, "I know. I'm just glad you are okay now."
Liz chuckled, "I'm okay." She hugged Maria again, "Thank you for being my friend. I love you Maria."
"I love you too chica." As the girls sat back and wiped the tears from their faces, Maria asked, "So, he's cute isn't he?"
Liz laughed, and nodded while blushing, "Yes Maria, he's cute."
"And?" Maria prompted.
Liz sighed dreamily, "And he's nice, thoughtful, easy to talk to, and he's a great kisser."
"I knew it!" Maria exclaimed, "I knew you'd get the hots for him."
"Okay, yeah, you were right. I'll admit that. He's wonderful." She looked at Maria, "I just hope that doesn't change."
Maria nodded, "I hope so too. It's so good to see you smiling again. I'll kill him if he hurts you."
Liz giggled, "Thanks Maria."
"No problem chica, you're my girl. I got your back."
They both laughed at that and then settled in to talk more about the two guys that had become a part of their lives.
Zan walked slowly through the manufactory building heading towards the portal to the Overearth. He was going to meet the girls and walk them home from school alone. Rath wasn't coming with him this time. He knew he was going to have to find a way to explain to Maria why Rath couldn't be there. Rath had insisted that he go to the girls despite all of Zan's protests.

Zan stood besides his best friend as the funeral pyre burned bright. Rath's eyes were trained on the fire. He hadn't said much at all since he'd been told about his father's death. Zan knew he had mourned on his own. He'd hoped Rath would have come to him if he was needed, but when they had all met at the front of the castle to begin the funeral procession that morning, Rath had appeared with eyes red-rimmed. He'd said his good-byes all alone. No one had said anything to him, but Zan, Lonnie, Kyle, and Charles had all grouped around him to show their support. Rath knew they were there for him, he knew he'd never truly be alone with them there. He was grateful for their presence, their support and he made sure they could all feel how much it meant to him that they were there for him.
After the fire had died away and all that remained were the ashes, Rath had turned to Zan, looking him in the eye he spoke to him telepathically.
You have to go to them, Zan. You know they have to be protected from the gang and you know I have to take over as Chief Advisor for my father.
Zan stared at Rath, Maria is expecting you to be there.
Rath nodded and turned to look at the ashes, I know she is. And you know I want to be there for her. But I have to take over everything. Your father is insisting that I do so now. He sighed, Just tell her I'm sorry. And I miss her. Tell her that I will go see her as soon as I can, okay.
What do I say about your father? asked Zan.
Rath closed his eyes,
Tell her what you think is right. Just don't let her worry too much about me. All I care about is that she's going to be okay. He turned to look at Zan again, fear in his eyes, You have to protect them both Zan. Don't let anything happen to either one of them.
Zan nodded, and stepped back as the others began to come up and give their condolences to Michael Ra'thlan Guerin, son of Ra'thlan Michael Guerin. One last time, he heard Rath's voice in his mind, take care of them Zan. I'm putting my faith in you to protect them both.

So, it was just Zan who appeared at the gym for the girls who were waiting for the guys to show up. He moved up to them and smiled, "Hi Maria," he turned to Liz, "Hello, Liz."
Maria frowned, "Where's Rath?"
Zan sighed, "He couldn't make it today, but he sent me here to make sure you both get home okay."
"Is he all right?" asked Maria, with a worried look on her face.
Zan nodded, "He's okay. It's just that, well, his dad is really sick and someone needed to be there to take care of the family, so since Rath is the oldest son, he has to do it."
"Oh my goodness! Is his dad going to be okay? Does Rath need help? I can send something with you to take to him and his family." Maria began suggesting things she could send with Zan.
Zan chuckled, "It's okay Maria. He's okay. Don't worry about him. He wanted me to tell you that he's sorry he couldn't make it today, that he misses you, and he will come see you as soon as he can and not to worry about him, okay?"
Maria nodded, "Okay, are you sure I can't send anything with you?"
"I'm sure. He'll be fine. He's more worried about you being safe from the gang."
"Okay, if you say he's okay."
Zan grinned, "Come on you two, let's get you home safely." He put an arm around each of the girls and began to lead them away from the school. As they walked, he listened to the two of them talking about their day. He was aware of Liz's arm around his waist and the way her fingers curled around the top edge of his pants. He could feel her leaning slightly into his body and he tightened his hold around her shoulder. Maria walked on the other side of him holding her book bag in front of her with her arms looped through the handles. His arm remained loosely draped over her shoulders.
"I'm telling you Liz, Pam is the one who's with the gang leader. She has to be, you know how much of a manipulating slut she is!" Liz rolled her eyes as Maria went on, "She's the one who's been telling him all about us, she hates us remember?"
Zan frowned, "Why does she hate you two?"
Liz sighed, "I don't really know."
"Oh please," said Maria, "She hates us because Liz had always been the smart one growing up. She was always the teacher's favorite and everyone liked her. And when she tried to bully Liz that one day in the playground when she was 10, I stuck up for her and put Pam in her place. She's hated us ever since."
Zan's eyes narrowed as he looked down at Liz, "She bullied you?"
Liz blinked as she heard the low growl coming from Zan, "No, she didn't hurt me or anything. She was just trying to act all big and superior than me. She thought I'd be scared of her because she was taller and meaner, but I wasn't falling for it, and Maria was the same height as her, so that's why she stepped in. As soon as she did, Pam backed off and it was over. That's all. Really." She waited until she could feel Zan relaxing at her reassurance.
Maria nodded, "Yeah, Pam did back off then. But to this day, she's never forgotten about it. So I think she went and found a way to repay us for standing up to her back then."
Zan nodded, "Yeah, well, if that's what she thinks, she hasn't faced me or Rath yet." He looked at Maria and grinned, "Rath will not like finding out about someone wanting to hurt you like that. He'd make sure she never will get the opportunity."
Maria blushed at that, as she turned and looked up towards the barn. She smiled and moved away from Zan, "Hey, listen, why don't you two go hang out in the barn for a little bit." She looked at Liz, "I'll cover for you while you visit with Zan for a while okay?"
Liz frowned, "Are you sure about that Maria?"
Maria nodded, "Yeah, don't worry, I'll come up with something okay? You guys just go on to the barn. I'll come get you if there's trouble. Agreed?"
Liz hesitated for a moment before slowly nodding, "Okay. But you come right back if you think you can't do it okay? Don't risk getting in trouble Maria, got it?"
"Got it chica." She gave them both a grin before heading towards the house.
********************************************************************************
Liz hesitantly sat down in the hay next to Zan. He had set her book bag on the other side of him and then patted the place next to him, indicating that she could sit there. She folded her hands in her lap and stared at them.
Zan reached out and gently caressed her cheek, "So, did you have a good night?" he asked.
Liz nodded, "Yes." She looked up at him and gave him a shy smile, "Thanks to you, I didn't have another nightmare."
"That's good. I'm glad you're okay."
"Me too." She looked down at her hands again, hesitating before she went on, "Um, I wanted to thank you for being there for me. For listening to me and allowing me to get all of it out. I just wanted you to know. I'm really glad that you are my friend."
He smiled, reaching down with his fingers under her chin, "Liz, look at me." As she lifted her eyes to his he said, "I'm glad I was there for you. That you trusted me enough to let me listen. But, I'm hoping that I'll be more than just a friend to you. I mean, I want to be your friend too, but I hope you'll let me be more too."
He watched as a faint blush spread across her face and smiled. She was beautiful. And she had no idea just how much she affected him every time he was near her. He stroked her cheek with his thumb, drinking in the sight of her. She lowered her eyes again and leaned her cheek into his hand. He couldn't help himself. He had to kiss her again. He'd been thinking about that kiss they'd shared the day before and it was still lingering inside of him. Leaning down, he brushed his lips against her forehead, inhaling her fresh strawberry scent. Her scent alone was enough to drive him wild. Every instinct inside of him went wild. That wildness in him wanted to reach out and make her his. To claim what was it's right. He swallowed, fighting down the wild urge to take her, instead, he let his lips brush over hers in a whisper soft movement.
Liz felt her insides melting at the feather light touch of Zan's mouth on hers. But it wasn't enough. She remembered how good it had felt to kiss him the day before and she remembered how she'd wanted to protest when he had pulled away. This time, she would get what she wanted. She wrapped her arms around his shoulders, pulling him close to her and deepening the kiss. He didn't resist, instead, his arms tightened around her waist and lifted her slightly until she was practically sitting in his lap. As they held each other, she parted her lips, and teased his lips with her tongue.
Zan felt the touch of her tongue against his lips and opened his mouth, letting his tongue duel with hers. Her lips parted more, giving him complete access to her mouth. He accepted it and devoured her. When he felt her hand digging into the back of his head, he growled low in his throat and pulled her tighter to him. She pressed her body against his, chest to chest. He could feel her heart beating against his chest. And he could hear it pounding in his ears. He knew she was aroused, he could smell how aroused she was and all it did was drive him closer to the edge.
Liz moaned softly as his hands trailed up her back, bringing her closer to his chest. She slid a hand over his shoulder and down his chest, letting it rest over his heart.
Zan pulled away from her lips and dipped his head to her neck. Placing kisses along her neck before giving a long lick to her skin, just above her pulse. He heard her moan his name as her hand in his hair pressed him down to her. Her other hand moved around to his back, slowly making it's way down to his belt. Her fingers curled into his belt holding on for dear life as his lips continued to nip, lick, and kiss their way over the skin of her neck, shoulder, and collarbone.
It wasn't enough. Liz knew it wasn't enough for her. She was burning up and she had no idea why. All she knew was that only Zan could cool her down, but she needed him closer, she needed more. Grabbing his hair in her fingers, she tugged him up until his lips were once more kissing hers. She moaned once more as she tasted him. She'd never known someone could taste this good. And she knew she'd never get tired of it. Her tongue dueled with his once more and teased his into claiming her mouth again. She climbed into his lap completely and wrapped herself around his body, letting her hands disappear in his thick hair. As she began slowly rocking against him, she heard the growl vibrating against her lips.
Zan knew they were going too fast. He knew he should stop them, but she felt so good. How was he going to have the willpower to stop her from doing this to him if she was the one instigating it? When she crawled into his lap and wrapped herself around him, he knew he was losing control. And when he felt her begin rocking against him, he knew he had to stop them before it was too late. Growling, he slid his hands around her wrists, and gently tugged them away. He pulled his lips from hers and placed his forehead against hers. Panting hard, he tried to breathe before speaking, "We should stop, I don't want to get carried away and do something we'll regret."
Liz pouted, "I don't want to stop." She leaned in to take his lips again.
Zan pulled his head away, "Liz, please. I don't want to hurt you." He caressed her cheek, "Let's take this slow okay. I want you to know me first, I want to know you."
She sighed, she knew he was right. "I know," she nodded, "I'm sorry."
He smiled as he ran his hands through her hair. "It's okay." He helped her sit next to him again before taking her hand in his. "We can keep getting to know each other okay?"
She nodded and just as she was about to say something, Maria tapped on the barn door, "Liz? Zan? It's me, sorry guys, but mom's getting antsy."
"It's okay, Maria." said Liz, "We were just talking."
Maria made her way into the barn. Smiling as she saw the two of them holding hands and sitting next to each other on the hay stacks. "Well, at least you guys had a little time together."
Zan nodded, "Yeah, thanks Maria." He gave her a grateful smile.
"No prob. So, will you tell Rath that I miss him too and he and his family are in my thoughts?"
He nodded, "Yes. I'll tell him as soon as I get back." He stood up and helped Liz to her feet, "I'll walk you two to the door okay?"
"You don't have to do that, Zan," said Liz.
"I want to." He picked up her book bag and shouldered it, while taking Liz's hand and leading her out of the barn with Maria in the lead.
When they arrived closer to the house, Maria turned and gave Zan a hug, "Remember to tell Rath I'm thinking of him."
Zan returned her hug, "I'll do that, Maria."
She smiled and walked into the house, as Zan turned to Liz. "Can I see you sometime tomorrow?"
Liz nodded, "Sure," she thought for a moment, then said, "Amy and William are going to a meeting about 1 in the afternoon. We can meet in the barn around that time, okay?"
He graced her with a full smile, "Perfect. I'll see you at one then." He leaned in and gave her a kiss goodbye, before handing her the book bag. "See you tomorrow Liz."
"See you tomorrow." she smiled, "Bye Zan."
"Bye Liz." He gave her a wave before turning and walking off.
Liz grinned as she watched her more-than-just-a-friend jog off into the distance.

TBC...
Shadowlynxbehr's Fics