You Found Me (AU, M/L, mature) Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Erina
Forum Moderator

You Found Me (AU, M/L, mature) Complete

Post by Erina »

Title: You Found Me

Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended. The songs are not also mine.

Pairings/Couples/Category: M/L

Rating: Mature

Summary: Well...Let's just say, six young people once had lost each other and this will be their journey to find them again....

Author's Note: Thanks to my wonderful beta Heavenli24. :D Oh, and this will be co-written with Pixie_Stix.:D

<center>Prologue</center>

Fear...

Pain...

Dead...

Grief...

I never said I'd lie and wait forever
If I died, we'd be together
I can't always just forget her
But she could try

They all were going to die. All around them lay dead bodies even in layers. Everywhere they turned, only a sea of bodies could be seen. Their parents and their closest friends were lying here. Somewhere. They didn’t have any hope at all.

They all were going to die.

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see

They were hopeless and alone.

You are
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?

They waited.

And all the things that you never ever told me
And all the smiles that are ever ever...
Ever...

In the air, they could already feel the smell coming from the bodies. It sickened them; soon they would be lying there too. Beside their parents and friends. They would be together then; for an eternity.

Get the feeling that you're never
All alone and I remember now

Soon they were going to be ghosts. Their bodies would be dead, but not their souls. The love they felt for each other would live forever.

At the top of my lungs in my arms she dies
She dies

Three couples hugged and soothed each other. They weren’t afraid because of death, but the thought of losing each other scared them. The only thing they regretted was the fact that because of them so many people have died. Innocent people. Infants. Kids. Teenagers. Mothers and fathers. Husbands and wives. Sons and daughters.

Even the nature around them had died. The sun was gone and the sky was grey. Everything, everything was lifeless.

Except them.

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? should I?

They knew there wasn’t any point in fighting. Their bodies were too badly injured. Six young people didn’t have a single hope for a miracle. They had believed in each other and they still did.

They would die because of love and loyalty. Because of rules. They didn’t regret anything.

They silently stood and waited until the poison would kill them. They didn’t want to wait to see as their enemies torture the people they loved.

And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me

Three couples would die silently in each other’s arms. That was their destiny.

Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?

They remember all their happy moments together, laughed and even made jokes. But the sadness in their eyes didn’t disappeared. They have done so much and had so many wonderful memories, but the feeling that they could have done more didn’t disappear. They were too young to die, too young to see so many deaths.

And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna catch me

Finally they found relief, and death surrounded them completely.

If I fall
If I fall (down)

At the end of the world
Or the last thing I see
You are
Never coming home
Never coming home
Never coming home
Never coming home
And all the smiles that are ever gonna haunt me
Never coming home
Never coming home
Could I? Should I?
And all the wounds that are ever gonna scar me
For all the ghosts that are never gonna...

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE LYRICS
"The Ghost Of You"
Last edited by Erina on Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:43 pm, edited 32 times in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hey! Thanks RhondaAnn, lazza, roswellian love, Athaya, maya, pLANETv33n3ss! Here is the next part...

Part 1

‘Damn,’ Liz cursed when her books and papers fell down to the floor. Of course, the other students didn’t pay any attention and simply walked all over her stuff. ‘Damn, damn, damn,’ Liz cursed again in her mind. She never cursed aloud.

Everyone loved her. Liz was this perfect girl – with perfect grades and perfect attitude; although sometimes Liz was irritated about that. They all expected her to be this good girl, who didn’t do anything wrong. There were a couple of times when Liz couldn’t breathe; she felt like she was living someone else’s life. Sometimes she wanted just to be Liz Parker, not just Liz Parker, who gets the best grades, not Liz Parker, who always smiles...There were some days when she even wanted to stay in her bed and cry her eyes out. Her life wasn’t as simple and perfect as everyone thought.

Her father... he had died almost two years ago. She missed him very much. He had been an architect. Her mother hadn’t been working when her husband had so unexpectedly died, so when Diane, Nancy’s childhood friend, gave her a secretary’s job in her and Philip’s office, they had moved to Roswell.

Liz was sixteen when all that happened and it was more than hard for her, but at the same time, she realized that she had to stay strong because of her mother. Her mother never saw as Liz cried over her father, she kept it all inside. Although Nancy had tried to talk with Liz, she always pulled away. While she was breaking down inside, to world she smiled and was this perfect Liz Parker.

Liz had never opened up, even to Maria and Alex – her new best friends in Roswell. They both accepted her immediately in her first day of high school.

Liz and Maria lived in the same apartment building. Although their mothers didn’t like each other much, Liz and Maria easily had become best friends along with Alex. They all made this somehow funny company: Liz with her perfect grades, Maria in her hippy dress-style and Alex, who had his own music band. Liz was extremely quiet, Maria – loud, and Alex somewhere in the middle.

They had made their own little group. They didn’t need anyone else and they had a secret to keep.

They were aliens.

Maria and Alex had known about each other for already long time. When Alex had seen Liz, something inside him snapped and he had wanted to know as much as possible about the new girl. Maria had worried about this Alex obsession, but well, what else she could have done if not support him? She was glad when they had seen Liz secretly using her powers to clean her book from spilled coffee. Maria had always wanted to meet someone like her, Alex was great as a friend, but sometimes she longed for something more.

Liz had panicked when she realised that someone had seen her. No one, even her mother didn’t know about her ‘not from this earth’ status. Her father was the only one she had ever told. It surprised even Liz, that she couldn’t tell something like that to her mother, but found it so easy to open to her father.

Liz’s father hadn’t freaked out, as she had expected, but had calmly listened to her. He even advised her to tell Nancy, and Liz considered that option, but never got the chance to tell. Not long after she had told her father about herself, Jeff had died. Somewhere deep inside her heart Liz believed that it was her fault somehow and so she decided to not to tell her mother. That would be better, right?

Another problem was Max Evans – straight A student and the captain of football team. Every girl’s fantasy and nightmare at the same time. He had dated so many girls through two years of high school that Liz thought that there was no girl he hadn’t dated.

Except her.

In fact, they tried to stay as far away from each other as possible. They simply avoided each other.

That all started on her first day at school in Roswell...

Liz stepped out the car and watched for a moment as the students went to school. The day was nice – the sun was shining and the birds were singing. Inside Liz felt so scared and unsure about everything. This was a new school, which meant new threats as well. And come on! Why had they moved to Roswell – alien city? It was too small for Liz’s liking. It would be difficult to disappear if something happened.

“Liz,” her mother called and Liz looked back inside the car, where Nancy was sitting.

Nancy raised thumbs up and smiled brightly, „”Have a good day, sunshine!” Liz’s mother said and drove away to her new job at Evans’.

Liz hadn’t met Evans family, although they had invited her and Nancy to dinner. Nancy had gone, but Liz had wanted to finish unpacking until her first day of high school. She had briefly heard that the Evans couple had two children – twins – Max and Isabel, who went to Roswell high school as well.

Now, when Liz was standing completely alone, she wished she had gone to that dinner. Maybe that way, she would already have some friends.

Liz sighed and decided to go on. Well, she didn’t have any other choice; she had to go to school, no matter what.

When she was inside, Liz couldn’t help but look at a picture on the wall. But it wasn’t just any picture. It was a photo of a brown haired young boy and Liz felt unfamiliar feelings inside her start to rise up. Her heart started to beat faster and faster, her breathing becoming quicker too. Liz simply couldn’t tear her eyes from the picture. Liz felt like she had known him, or at least had seen him somewhere, but she couldn’t remember where no matter how hard she tried.

A loud crash tore her eyes, mind and soul from the boy’s hazel eyes. Liz looked around and saw some lanky boy with the brown hair at her feet.

Inside, Liz was laughing. Here she was – her first day of school and some boy was already at her feet! To the world, Liz was serious as she bent down and helped the boy stand up.

“Thanks,” the boy said extremely embarrassed. But when he didn’t recognize the girl, he asked, “You are the new one, right? I know probably everyone in the Roswell and well, I don’t know you...But it is not something bad, I mean...” the boy continued to ramble, until Liz cut him off.

“Ok, ok,” she laughed, “I understood,” Liz said, but after moment continued, “I guess...” They both looked at each other and started to laugh once again.

“I’m Alex,” the boy said, after they had calmed down a little bit.

“Hey, Alex,” Liz smiled. She liked this boy. She felt something familiar about him, but once again, couldn’t understand why, ‘Maybe this place is just doing something to me,’ Liz though as she ignored feelings inside her, “My name is Liz,” she said to Alex.

“So, what were you looking at so intensely that you didn’t see as the basketball flew right at you?” Alex asked with curiosity.

Liz was clearly surprised. Had she simply stared and ignored the whole world?

“I- I...Well, I....”Liz stammered.

“Ok, got that,” Alex laughed, “So, you were looking at our own superstar, huh?” Alex smirked.

“What?” Liz was unsure if they were talking about the same thing.

“Here,” Alex pointed to the mysterious boy’s picture, “Is our own Roswell’s superstar – Max Evans, the captain of the football team. Since he joined last year, our before lousy team started to win. He is like good luck or something,” Alex smiled, but then his voice turned deeper, “But I have to warn you Liz, for your own good stay away from him,” Alex warned.

“Why?” Liz asked. Now she was clearly confused. Why she should avoid the boy, who did something to her, to her heart and all she had to do was to look at his picture?

Alex continued, “Well, it’s not something THAT bad, you know...But...He has dated, I think, the entire Roswell high school female population. He has even dated his friends’ girlfriends and I wonder how in the hell he is still alive. But they all kind of respect him, no matter what. At the same time, he has never had a girlfriend. He dates, makes girls fall in love with him and then dumps them. He is the same as his sister Isabel, I guess. But well, she isn’t dating everyone, because I...I have never had a date with her....” Alex said somewhat sadly.

“Oh Alex,” Liz sighed and hugged Alex. Liz knew that this might me too bold, she had just met him and didn’t know anything about him; at the same time he could be from FBI or some enemy, but after he had just poured his heart out, she trusted him.

Alex soon groaned, “Come on, Liz, I bet you don’t even know where your next class is, right?” she asked as he took her hand and led her. Somewhere.

Liz smiled all way through school secretary, who gave her class list. Finally, Alex led her to her first class. Biology. Her favourite subject.

When Alex had left to go to his own class, Liz turned to go into classroom, but accidentally bumped into someone. Apparently, ‘someone’ had coffee and well...Now this coffee was all over them – it is surprisingly how much coffee there was.

“Damn,” ‘someone’ cursed and Liz looked up and literally froze. There was that boy, Max Evans, and…she had bumped into him?

‘This isn’t happening,’ Liz kept repeating in her mind, hoping that maybe her prayers would be true.

“What the hell?” Max almost yelled and Liz jumped a little bit. Liz wasn’t scared of him; she was surprised about his outburst to her. It was an accident, why did he need to be so angry?

“Oh...I-I am sorry,” Liz said and bit her lower lip nervously.

“Well, you should be!” Max continued to yell, “Did you not see where were you going or what?” he asked, “I bet you were too busy drooling after your boyfriend to even see that you aren’t the only one in the world!” he spat and went into the classroom, leaving a shocked Liz in the doorway.

Apparently, everyone in the hall and classroom was too busy with catching up, so no one paid much attention to them. Although when Max entered, every young female turned to him. That was their action to Max always. He was always the centre of attention and it looked like he liked it.

Liz had gone inside and wanted to talk with Max. She didn’t want to start her first day in the new school like that. She had an argument with someone, but it wasn’t just someone...It was a boy; one who made her heart beat louder and faster. Why she was feeling like this? She had never felt like this before. Sure, she had liked some boys in her previous school, but it just wasn’t...right.

She felt different with Max. Liz had tried numerous times in that day, week and even month to talk with Max and clear this confusion/argument between them, but he avoided her. Every time she had got to him, Max would yell at her or ignore her.

So, finally even Liz had said that enough was enough. During that month, she had become friends with Maria and Alex. Soon after her decision to stop ‘chasing’ Max, she had found out that Maria and Alex were like her. Liz was truly happy that she had found them, but she still worried about...well, almost everything. Starting with the fact that her father had recently died, she feared for her mother. They might not be as close as Liz had been with her father, but Nancy still was her mother and she loved her, although Liz saw her less and less, because she was so busy.

Then there was Max again...He ignored her and that hurt. Liz was shocked to realize that she felt something towards him. It was not simply possible, she had seen only his picture, and then every time they meet he would yell at her...So, why then did she feel something familiar, but also something strange in her heart at the same time?

But her main problem remained her ‘alien status’. She, Maria and Alex didn’t know anything about them. Who exactly were they? Where were they from? Why? All they knew was the fact that they were aliens and they had powers.

Well, the powers were the cool thing, although they rarely used them in fear that someone could see. They were able to do various things, but some aspects were individual. Liz could heal, Maria – blast, and Alex could dreamwalk. Together they became like the three musketeers – one for all and all for one.

That was last year and through that time, Liz had realized that she loved Max Evans, but she was able to hide her feelings from everyone – Maria, Alex and even her mother. It was surprising, but her mother had started dating not long after they had moved to Roswell. Liz had met him a couple of times and he seemed nice, but Liz hesitated to trust him. He was a stranger. Although Mr. Pierce – her mother’s boyfriend seemed nice, there was just something about him....

During this year, Liz had also got this reputation for being perfect, but Max continued to date various girls, only to dump them later. With his active social life, Max had managed to maintain his reputation as well. Ironically, Liz had even heard some of her teachers talking about how it would be nice if she and Max got together. The last straw was the fact that Nancy had mentioned that she and Diane would be glad if their children started dating.

Were they blind? Didn’t they see that she and Max weren’t even talking? And they wanted them to date! Huh! Humans...

“Oh...here,” Liz still was picking her papers from the floor, when she saw a hand – male’s hand – helping her to gather her things, “Let me help you,” the boy said as he bent down and picked up Liz’s stuff.

Liz thought that the boy was good looking – brown hair, blue eyes, also good dressed and apparently with the good manners as well.

“Um, thanks,” Liz muttered.

Classes had just ended and by the time Liz had picked everything up with the boy’s help, the hall was empty. They both stood up and awkwardly looked at each other, not knowing what to say or do.

In the end, the boy broke the silence, “Hey, my name is Kyle,” the boy said and smiled.

“I’m Liz,” she smiled back.

“Yeah, I kind of know your name,” Kyle admitted.

“You do?” Liz asked a little shocked, “How?”

“Well, we are both seniors, you know. And who doesn’t know you, Liz Parker? As in mysterious Liz Parker? As in Liz Parker, who hasn’t dated Max Evans? As in Liz Parker, who in fact hasn’t dated at all...You are a secret to us, Liz,” Kyle admitted.

Liz couldn’t believe that she now had this reputation as mysterious. Where the ‘perfect Liz Parker’ went? How was it possible that she had missed something like that? Maria knew all rumours, why didn’t she tell her?

“Um...Well I didn’t know I had that kind of reputation,” Liz said as she gathered her things in her locker and turned to leave, “Well, thanks again for helping me Kyle, but I need to go,” she said as she started to walk away.

“Liz, wait,” Kyle called and came to her again, “Listen, I don’t know very much about you, but I really would love to find out more,” he said.

Liz stiffened. She didn’t like where this was leading, she didn’t like it at all.

“Kyle...” she started, but he continued.

“So, I was wondering, if we could go out tonight? To a movie. Like a date,” he said unsurely and Liz heart melted. Maybe some part of her wanted to say yes, but she couldn’t. Liz couldn’t date; she was an alien. She didn’t want to bring anyone inside their group, their secret. She had told her father and he had died. No one, she wouldn’t get attach to no one...It was simply too risky.

“Kyle,” Liz said, “I’m sure you are great, but...But I’m not sure that I will be able to return...anything back...I am young and I really don’t want to become attached, you know...”

Kyle seemed to think about for a moment, “Well, if there is nothing I can do...Then all I must say that I still offer you my friendship, Liz. I can be your friend, right, Liz?” he asked her and when she nodded then added, “So, ok, Liz. You now have Kyle Valenti as your friend,” he smiled warmly, “Bye, Liz,” Kyle said as he turned and walked away.

Liz still stood by her locker.

KYLE VALENTI?

She had heard about him, but she couldn’t imagine that this Kyle was Kyle Valenti. Liz didn’t have active social life; she didn’t go to football games, but she had heard about Kyle from Maria.

Apparently, Kyle was as sweet and nice as she was. And he was the only one in Roswell who couldn’t bear Max’s attitude. When he had caught Max in bed with his girlfriend, he had broken it off with her and had even started a fight with Max. There had been no winner or loser, in the end they’d been separated, both with bruises.

Well, now Liz liked Kyle even more. Max wasn’t some sort of King in Roswell, although he acted like one. Liz was glad that someone, except her, did something to stop this craziness.

She smiled and went outside to the car.

Unknown to her, Max Evans had watched and heard everything that had happened between her and Kyle.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Well, here I am...again!:D
RhondaAnn - well, yeah, there will be more aliens. You'll see...:wink: 8)
Maxssoulmate - Thanks! :D
Emz80m - Thanks! :D
g7silvers - well, there is some reason to his mean attitude :!:
Pixie_Stix - I am so glad that you like this! :D
Alex Balex - hey, didn't planned to post it today, but well, you made me! :wink: :D

Part 2

“Hey,” Liz smiled as she opened the door and saw Maria, “Come in, I will be ready in a few minutes,” she said and rushed back to her room.

It was Friday – their movie night. Since they had become friends, they always had gone to a movie every Friday night. Since Liz’s mother recently was always out on dates with Mr. Pierce and Maria’s mother was busy with different trips, both girls hung out together, along with Alex, who didn’t want to leave them alone.

“Don’t worry,” Maria yelled from the living room, “For a change, I have come a little bit earlier,” she said and Liz frowned. She hadn’t noticed, but Maria was really early.

Maria was never early.

Unless...

“Mariaaa,” Liz came back to the living room and suspiciously narrowed her eyes, “Ok, are you going to tell me willingly or I will have to whine?” she threatened.

„No,” Maria gulped, „I will tell you,” she said with a serious expression and opened her mouth once again to tell something, but ...nothing.

“Maria!” Liz whined, “What’s wrong? I’m getting worried,” she said.

“IaskedKyletocomewithus,” Maria blurted out, “but you know I did it for you, Parker,” persuaded.

“What?” Liz stood amused, “How you can say you did that for me, Maria? Why are you pushing Kyle at me?” she asked and then added, “Again?”

It wasn’t the first time Maria had done something like that. Since Liz had told Maria about her talk with Kyle, the blonde girl did everything to push them together, despite Liz’s protests. Maria was convinced that they should be together as a couple. Liz had spent hours trying to convince that she hadn’t feelings towards Kyle, but Maria was Maria. One spiteful alien.

“Liz, please, the guy obviously has feelings for you, but you aren’t giving him a chance!” Maria exclaimed.

“Are you aware of our situation, Maria?” Liz cried, “We can’t get attached. I know Kyle is a good guy, but...he is a human and I am an alien. I can’t…and I won’t,” Liz said without doubt, “It wouldn’t be fair to him and to me also,” she tried once again to convince Maria and maybe at the same time herself too.

Max Evans still hadn’t left her thoughts and Liz had already become accustomed to the fact that she thought about him so much. Liz didn’t want to go out with Kyle or with some other guy; she wanted Max; but she couldn’t have him. They were different; too different. So, why go out with the others?

Although Max dated non-stop and it hurt Liz, she couldn’t make herself to do the same. She still couldn’t help but wonder how was it possible to fall in love with him so fast. It wasn’t like they were even friends; heck they weren’t even talking!

“Come on, Liz, it isn’t a big deal. I mean, there will be me and Alex too, so it isn’t a date between you and Kyle,” Maria tried to convince Liz, “Besides this is a good chance to forget that idiot you are thinking about and finally notice Kyle!” she exclaimed and before Liz got even a chance to say something, Maria pushed the girl towards her bedroom, “Now get ready, we are leaving in five minutes,” she said and Liz obeyed.

Twenty minutes later both girls were coming inside the cinema as Liz saw Kyle standing besides Alex, holding a single white rose.

Liz couldn’t help, but smile.

“Hey,” she said and smiled once more.

“Hi,” Kyle said and gave her the rose, “This is for you, thanks that you gave me a chance,” he said sincerely and Liz frowned for a moment. She and Maria were going to talk.....

“So,” Alex broke the silence, “Our movie starts in five minutes. Shall we go, my ladies?” he asked sweetly and Liz smiled. Alex was always such a sweet and cheerful...alien. But Liz didn’t have that kind of feelings towards him. He and Maria were her best friends and as she thought of Maria as her sister, the same went for Alex; he was like her brother, no more.

Maria grabbed Alex’s hand and dragged him inside the cinema, leaving Kyle and Liz alone. Kyle extended his hand and Liz accepted it.

She really didn’t want to lead Kyle on, but the look on his face, so hopeful and true, made Liz change her mind. She could pretend for a night, that she was a normal girl. Right?

As Liz and Kyle took their seats beside Alex and Maria, she noticed a couple in the last row. Two seemed so engrossed in each other, that at first, Liz didn’t recognize them.

But there they were...

Max Evans and Tess Harding.

Together.

Liz for a moment just stood there, utterly shocked. Sure, she knew that Max was dating, but she had never seen him kiss a girl so passionately. It was like he really liked her. It hurt.

As Liz stared at the couple, Max suddenly stopped groping Tess and looked at her; their eyes locked and for a moment, Liz saw something in his eyes.

Anger?

Just then, Liz noticed that Max wasn’t looking exactly at her, but at Kyle. The lights turned off and she couldn’t see Max clearly anymore. She felt Kyle hand as he was leading her to their seats.

Their seats unfortunately weren’t too far away from the couple in the last row. Between them were still a couple rows, but they were almost empty.

Liz tried as much as she could to ignore Max’s strong presence. Once again, something was different with Max, because she could feel him much stronger than any other human...Heck, Liz couldn’t even feel Maria and Alex that well.

Somewhere during the movie, they could hear girl’s moans, “Max...Oh-h...M-Max...” Tess panted. Liz was boiling. Didn’t the couple know that they were in the cinema?

Apparently not, because their moans grew only stronger and louder. Some people before them glanced back, but they didn’t say anything when they saw Max Evans. Nearly the whole of Roswell admired him, since he was the star of Roswell’s football team.

In a city like Roswell, there wasn’t much to do. Sure there was the cinema and some other activities, but that wasn’t much. The main event was the football game, where Max could shine as bright as he wanted.

Whole city was eating out of his hand.

Except Liz.

Sure, she had gone to a couple of games with Maria and Alex, but that wasn’t, of course, because of Max Evans. At least that was she told herself...

Come on, how hard that could it be to forget such an…arrogant, spiteful and…such an incredible person?

“M-M-Maaaxxx,” Tess moans interrupted Liz from her thoughts once again, “Let’s go to my place,” the girl’s sultry voice asked and Liz held her breath. She didn’t even know what she expected or wanted to hear. On the one hand, if they went to Tess’, Liz could enjoy the rest of the movie with her friends. On the other hand, if Max went with Tess, she probably would spend her time wondering about them. Jealous. She would be jealous. Extremely jealous.

‘No, no,’ Liz thought, ‘I won’t continue this anymore, I have to forget him,’ she decided certainly.

Then she heard Max’s answer, “No, let’s stay here. I want to irk Miss Parker,” he said and Liz could imagine that he was smirking because Max knew that he could very easily annoy her.

That’s it!

Liz turned to face them and throw popcorn to distract them from the kissing. She watched as popcorn connected with Max’s head and he immediately jerked his head in her direction, “What?” he snapped.

“Oh, I am so sorry to interrupt, your highness,” Liz mocked, “but could you stop that? You aren’t the only one in here. You are in the cinema,” she said as they were a small kids, “and in the cinema people watch movies, not make some NC-17 rated show!” she said.

Max, for the moment, simply observed her with an unreadable expression on his face. Liz felt as his eyes burned into her, her soul, her everything. Damn, why she had to react so strongly? All he had to do was stare and she felt her breathing becoming quicker.

“No,” Max simply said and started kiss Tess once again, without waiting for Liz to turn around.

THAT’S IT!

Liz had enough as she stood up to leave cinema, “Sorry guys, but I have to go,” she whispered to them. Maria and Alex hadn’t even noticed what had happened between her and Max, but Kyle, who sat next to Liz, had heard and seen everything.

“Wait, Liz,” Kyle said as he grabbed Liz’s hand to stop her.

“What?” Liz asked surprised and a little irritated.

Kyle looked in her eyes, “I will go with you,” he said and moved them to the exit.

“Kyle, I-I...” Liz opened her mouth to protest.

“Listen, Liz, I won’t force anything you don’t want and I see that you don’t want a relationship with me. That’s fine,” Kyle said, but Liz could see hurt expression on his face, “but I’m still your friend, remember?” he asked with a smile and when Liz nodded, continued, “And as a friend, it is my obligation to make sure you get home safely, is that clear?” Kyle asked once again, this time in a slightly playful tone.

Liz nodded and Kyle led them to his car. When they drove away, Liz saw Max and Tess, who were coming out the theatre. Liz frowned, the movie wasn’t supposed to be over yet. He really simply wanted to irk her, huh?

“So,” Kyle voice broke the silence and Liz snapped out of her thoughts, “your heart is already taken,” he said.

“W-what?” Liz asked surprised. She couldn’t be that obvious, could she?

“Max. Max Evans,” was all what Kyle said as he continued drive to Liz’s home. When they finally arrived at Liz’s apartment building Kyle turned to her once more, “Liz, I want to remind you that no matter what, I am still your friend,” he said, “and as my friend, can you come to the game next Friday? I really want you to be there, Liz,” Kyle added sincerely.

Liz was torn. Should she really go? It looked that Kyle had accepted that there wouldn’t be anything between them, so...why not?

“Yes, Kyle, I will come to the game,” she said and then quickly added, “as a friend of course,” Liz said.

“Fine, Liz. You know I can accept that,” Kyle said.

“Bye,” Liz said as she got out of the car.

As she went inside, Liz saw that her mother’s boyfriend was leaving their apartment. She quickly hid around the corner, so he wouldn’t see her. Every time they had met he would ask some strange questions, like he examined her. She felt uneasy around him; although Mr. Pierce and her mother understood each other so well. Something Liz had never seen with her father.

Liz quietly slipped inside the apartment and noticed that it was dark. Her mother had already gone to bed.

When Liz lay in bed that night, her last thought was of Max.

“Hello, my dear,” Ava heard as she saw a handsome man come to her.

“Hi,” she smiled shyly and tucked the hair behind her ear.

“Can you believe that in a month we are going to be married?” the man sad in awe, “but I would prefer if we were already married, I love you so much,” he said and leaned down to kiss her.

The kiss was short, but sweet and caring.

“So, is your dress ready?” the man asked as he took her hand and lead to the sofa.

“Yeah,” she answered, “We finished it this morning. Everything is ready for our wedding,” Ava smiled.

“I’m sorry to interrupt,” the servant cleared his throat and they looked at him, “But I’m afraid there is some problem and the council needs you, my lord,” the servant said to the man by Liz.

He sighed, “Thanks,” he said and the servant went out of the room. The man looked at Ava, “I’m sorry, my dear,” he said and kissed her briefly on the lips once more, before leaving her.

Ava smiled and went out in the garden to the particular place, far away from the castle.

“Hey,” someone hugged her from behind and Liz sighed. She loved the moments like these. But this had to stop.

“We can’t continue like this,” she cried and pulled out of his hug to face him. He gasped as he saw the tears flowing down her cheeks.

“No,” he cried, “Don’t do this, Ava, I swear I will find a way, I swear,” the man promised.

“There isn’t a way to us be together. I have accepted it, why you can’t do the same?” she asked.

“Because I can’t and…I won’t. I will fight for you, for us,” he said.

“What if I don’t want you to fight for me?” Ava asked turning her eyes away from his.

“I don’t believe you, I know you want us to be together as much as I want, you...y-you just don’t believe in us,” he whispered as his own tears appeared.

“This isn’t just about us, why you can’t understand that?” she cried, “Too many people are going to suffer if the truth come out,” Ava said, “We have to stop this,” she said once again, more determinedly.

“We are through,” Ava said and started to go back, but the man grabbed her wrist and turned to face him, “I. Won’t. Let. You.” he said and kissed her passionately to prove his point. He wasn’t letting her go. Never.

She was his.

Her alarm clock peeped as Liz bolted in her bed. The bright sunlight made her close her eyes once again. What a dream! Why she had dreamed about something like that? Why she had seen Max in her dream? She really needed to get him out of her head. Liz couldn’t continue this obsession about Max. Sure, she had seen him in her dreams, but they were...dreams...This time something was different, the emotions and feelings were too real.

Alex. Maybe Alex could help her about this.

Liz quickly stood up. If she was quick, Liz would have enough time to talk to him before school. As Liz gathered her stuff, she noticed that her photo album was on the floor wide open. Liz frowned, she didn’t remember taking it last night. But then again...Maybe she was going crazy with Max and dreams like those, that she simply didn’t remember some simply stuff.

Liz quickly riffled through the album. The album was Maria’s present. Liz had been surprised then, when she had seen so many different photos of her. She hadn’t noticed that Maria was photographing her.

Liz froze when she stumbled across one page, where one photo was missing.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hey! I don't have a time to answer each feedback, but you know I love your reviews! Anyway, I was away for a while and finally here is the next part. Enjoy! :D

Part 3

“Jesus,” Liz shrieked as she turned to face the man behind her, “Alex, you scared me,” she cried and hit his chest.

“Ouch,” Alex winced, “You hurt me,” he accused her playfully and then turned more serious, “What’s wrong Liz? It’s not like I really did something, I just touched your shoulder,” he was now worried about his best friend, “You left yesterday so suddenly with that...creepy Kyle,” Alex said.

For some reason, as much as Maria liked Kyle, Alex loathed him. Liz was grateful that at least one of her best friends supported her in this subject. On the other hand, it caused a quarrel between Maria and Alex sometimes. Jeez, what had Kyle done to get that kind of attention from all them? Liz only hoped that at least today would be Kyle-free. She liked him, even a lot, but as a friend. She didn’t want to hear any fights between her best friends, especially today, when everything seemed so...weird.

Her dream, the missing photo...Liz even had the feeling that she was being watched. Although she’d looked around and tried everything possible to find the people who were watching her, she was unsuccessful. In the end, Liz decided that was all her imagination. But the feeling didn’t disappear...

“I’m sorry, Alex,” Liz apologized, “I wasn’t feeling well and…” she continued, but Alex stopped her.

“Wait, wait....” he said thoughtfully, “We don’t get sick, remember?” Alex added suspiciously, “Once again...What’s going on, Liz?”

“Nothing,” Liz shrieked nervously, she didn’t need another lecture about Max. As far Liz knew, Alex didn’t know anything about her...obsession with Max.

When Alex raised an eyebrow, Liz sat down on the near bench, “It’s just...”she tiredly whispered, “I just don’t understand myself anymore...I mean, I don’t even know who I am, what I am doing here or why...Nothing...My mom isn’t my mom, this planet...isn’t my planet. I’m just tired that we can’t get attached to anything or...anyone,” Liz said and looked at Alex to see his reaction.

For a moment, there was a comfortable silence between them as they both looked at the school entrance. Soon the first bell was going to ring and students would come inside. ‘Like any normal school day,’ Liz thought.

“The first year after my parents had adopted me was the hardest. I missed Maria, but she was another story. While I cried myself to sleep, she got accustomed pretty well. Maria and her new mom understood each other completely. That was something Maria always wanted – family and someone who loved her besides me. Although she didn’t like her dad very much, that was her family. She had found something...and she didn’t want to leave Earth, her home. When her so-called father left I think Maria even felt...good. In the end, Maria had found her place in life. She knows who she is – Maria Deluca, our best friend, Amy’s daughter, school’s rebel and the headache of Michael Guerin,” Alex finished with a smile and looked at Liz.

“Although Maria had very easily realised who she was, it was a little harder for me, but in the end, I did the same thing. I might not know everything about myself, but it’s enough to let me live my life here in Roswell, New Mexico. And you need to do the same thing; to find something worth enough to stay sane, to live. Believe me, I think you have already found it,” Alex said with a smile and added, “Max Evans,” he watched as Liz’s eyes became wide in obvious surprise.

“Alex,” Liz said but couldn’t find the words, “It’s not like that,” she cried, “We are...different, too different. There is never going to be anything between us,” she persuaded Alex, “It’s not like he even likes me,” Liz said and subconsciously turned her head again to school’s entrance where Max was going in.

Immediately he turned around and their eyes locked. Liz blushed when he grinned and winked, before going inside. ‘He was just playing with her,’ Liz tried to convince herself.

Alex was amused with the whole interaction, “Yeah, right,” he chuckled and stood up, “Come on, Parker, you don’t wanna be late for Biology, do you?” Alex asked with a smirk, “You know, the only subject which is common between you and super-star....” he laughed as Liz blushed once more.

“Alex,” Liz cried and started to walk towards school, “since when do you act like Maria?” Liz asked, but couldn’t help but laugh as Alex’s mouth felt open.

“I can’t believe you said something like that,” Liz heard his growl as they made their way to class.

The first thing Liz noticed, as she went inside the class, was Max.

And the annoying blonde right by his side.

Tess.

Tess was literally groping him and Max looked discontent by her actions, although he didn’t do anything to stop her hands on his chest, face, thighs. She was all over him.

Other students didn’t seem to notice. Besides, it was simply normal. Every week Max changed girls and this time it was Tess.

Liz was a little surprised about that. Although Tess was a good-looking girl, she had nothing in her head. The only things she talked about were make-up and clothes. And Max Evans. Tess had moved to Roswell shortly after Liz, and the first thing she had seen was Max yelling at her. Immediately Tess started to do everything to get his attention, but Max hadn’t even looked at her.

Until now.

Liz wondered, what had changed? Max suddenly started to date her and although he had been with her more than a week, he still hadn’t dumped her.

Liz admitted, that hurt.

Liz made her way to her seat in the front row and frowned, when she could hear Tess’ laugh. But that wasn’t a normal laugh. It was one of those laughs that irritated her. Liz suppressed the urge to turn around and throw something at her.

Lucky for Tess, the teacher came in and the class started.

“Good-morning!” the teacher said, “Today we are going to carry out our first lab work and first, I am going to pair you up,” the teacher continued and Liz inwardly groaned. Although her usual partner, Maria, didn’t help very much, Liz didn’t want to be stuck with someone else...Well, maybe just Alex, but would she have that luck to be paired with one of her friends?

“Brad Adams and Pam Troy,” Liz heard the teacher and almost laughed. Why had she paired Brad and Pam together? They were totally different. While Brad was a geek, with a glasses and bracelets, Pam had probably slept with every male in Roswell High. She was the female version of Max. Pairing them together probably would drive them both insane.

“Maria Deluca and....” the teacher paused to scold some boy, who had just come into the classroom. ‘Please, say Liz Parker,’ Liz thought and held her breath, “and Michael Guerin,” the teacher informed and Liz’s mouth, along with probably the whole class, fell open.

If pairing Brad and Pam together was bad, this was much worse. They would probably kill each other by the end of class; there was no way they were going to stand each other for months. Maria and Michael couldn’t stand each other for some unknown reason. Liz had tried once to ask Maria about it, but the blonde simply ignored the question. But Liz knew her friend too well to believe that there wasn’t a good reason. Something had happened between them, but what? Liz had asked Alex about it, but he didn’t know anything either.

Liz watched as Maria pulled herself together and stood up. Her grades last year had slipped dangerously low and Liz knew that Maria had promised her mother to do better this year. Maria couldn’t afford to make another scene.

Liz sent her best friend a small, yet warm smile, and Maria slowly went over Michael’s table. He didn’t look content either. Silently Maria took her seat and looked at the teacher.

The teacher continued, “The next pair will be...Tess Harding and Kyle Valenti.”

Poor Kyle, Liz thought. Now he was stuck with another Max’s girl. Definitely not a good thing either.

“So,” the teacher continued and Liz couldn’t help but wonder about the next couple, “Isabel Evans and Alex Whitman,” the teacher said and class went silent. Liz looked back at Alex, who was pale and his eyes – wide.

“Alex,” Liz quietly called to snap him out of his shock, but teacher heard her anyway.

“Miss Parker, is there any problem,” the teacher’s dull voice filled the classroom. Liz immediately blushed, she wasn’t used to that kind of attention. Liz turned her eyes from Alex to the teacher, in the process she saw Max, who was smiling.

“No, there isn’t any problem,” Liz answered with a smile.

“Well, then I guess you should go to Mr. Evans’ table,” the teacher said and Liz could swear she saw him smirking.

“What?” Liz cried and regretted it immediately, because her outburst was a little too loud and class went silent once more.

Liz couldn’t believe that was happening. Why? Why her? Why Max? If pairing Brad with Pam, Maria with Michael, Kyle with Tess and Alex with Isabel was bad, this...didn’t stand even close. That was like a curse. She had seen him yesterday at the movie and now...they were stuck with each other for the rest of the year!

The teacher looked very unaffected by her outburst and simply continued to pair the others. Liz stood up and as quickly as she could, went to Max’s table. Since Tess was with Kyle, Liz sat down without even looking at Max.

During the rest of the class, Liz could feel him as he watched her every move. Many times, she wanted to face him, but she was afraid what would happen if she looked into his eyes. His eyes were too dangerous to look at, especially in her state. She was angry and confused. Everything seemed too weird lately. Her feelings grew stronger towards Max and there was nothing she could do. They couldn’t stand each other.

Liz was so deep in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice the bell. When Max touched her hand, she shrieked and almost hit him.

“What the hell is wrong with you, Parker?” Max roared.

Liz knew that basically Max didn’t do anything; but she was too jumpy today. First Alex, now Max.

“Look, Max, I’m sorry okay?” she said and stood up to leave the classroom.

In the blink of an eye, Max was in front of the door, blocking her way out.

“What?” Liz snapped.

“Don’t you think we need to talk?” Max said with a cocky smile, “We are partners now...Biology partners,” Max said with another grin.

Liz was fuming. What the hell was wrong with him? He never talked to her like that! Max only talked that way to his future victims. Well, there was no way she could date him. Of course, Liz wanted it, but there were simply too many obstacles. She knew that in the end, her heart would probably be broken. And Max wouldn’t care about that.

“So?” Liz asked, “Our first lab is just next week, there is nothing to talk about right now,” Liz said and tried to move past him to the door.

Max didn’t move.

“Do you mind?” Liz asked and tried to move to the door. As her body touched Max’s, Liz saw and felt something.

“Hey,” she smiled as she saw him. He pulled her in a hug and she sighed. She felt so safe, so good in his arms. But he was something she could never have.

“The weddings are in two weeks,” she said sadly, “We really need to stop this.”

“I know,” the man agreed with her. “But I can’t,” he added.

Liz felt tears in her eyes once again. They both were going to be married in two weeks, just not to each other. They loved each other, but couldn’t be together.

“I will be married in two weeks,” she said and felt as he frowned, although it was nothing new; all of Antar probably knew about it, “You know, he isn’t a bad man, he loves me,” she added.

“Not like me,” the man said and bent down to kiss her.

“Marry me,” he blurted out after they pulled away.

“What?” she cried, “Are you insane?” she couldn’t believe that he was asking something like that! Although she wanted to be his wife like nothing else, they couldn’t do that. Too many people would suffer. Just because of them and their love.

But what about her? Sure, her future husband loved her, but did she love him? She was going to spend the rest of her life with him, was she ready for that?

“It’s a perfect solution,” he grinned proudly, “then we will be together, nothing will separate us!” she watched as he started to pace around her, his smile never leaving his face.

“I am sure that Rath and Caia will help us....” he paused for a moment then continued, “heck, I even think Vilandra and Jadan will support us. So, we can tell everyone that we are going to some kind of trip or vacation, that doesn’t matter, I know a small church, not far from the city, but not too close either. It’s small and I’m sure we will be able to get married there...It’s all...” he paused once again and then his smile grew even wider as he realized something, “We are going to be married!” he exclaimed, picked her up and twirled them around.

“Hey, you have to be quieter, we don’t wanna get caught,” she scolded him. “Besides, I never told you yes,” she said playfully.

He immediately placed her down onto ground and sank down on one knee, “Will you marry me?” he asked and held his breath as he waited for the answer.

“Liz, Liz, LIZ!” she heard someone’s voice, but everything sounded so distant, that for a moment she was disoriented.

Slowly she opened her eyes and the first thing Liz saw were Max’s concerned eyes. She looked around and saw that she was lying on a table, still in the classroom.

“W-w-what happened?” Liz asked unsurely. One moment everything was fine and then...What was happening with her?

“You fainted,” Max said and looked at her face. “Maybe I need to take you to the nurse or hospital, you look very pale,” he suggested and Liz panicked. She couldn’t go to the hospital.

She quickly stood up, but swayed a little. Max immediately pulled her in his arms to steady her.

Liz closed her eyes and savoured the moment. His arms felt strangely familiar and ... good.

“Are you better now?” he asked quietly.

“Yeah,” Liz said and stepped away from him. It was better if they stayed as far as they could, “Umm...Thanks, I guess,” Liz said and once more went to the door.

“Wait!” he called after her and Liz turned around.

“What is it Max?” Liz asked tiredly.

Max looked in his eyes, “You forgot your book,” he said and gave it back to her.

“Thanks...Is that all?” she asked and, when Max nodded, continued, “Then...bye,” she said and finally left the classroom.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hey! I'm back with a new part! It's about -20°C and after today, when I had to go out, I'm not going out until the air temperature is at least +20°C! :lol:

extingman - yep, you have a lot of questions. Now all I can say is that Ava isn't Tess...:wink:

NorafanofMaxandLiz - aha, in this part you will see more about Ava...

Emz80m - thanks! :D

RhondaAnn - you are on the right way!

maya - hmm, maybe he knows, maybe he doesn't know... 8)

clueless - thanks, I'm glad you found this! :D

RASaero611 - yep, even this 'Pierce' has an aim in all this 8)

g7silvers - I'm not sure even if Max wanted to date Liz, she would agree..She knows his reputation after all...

Timelord31 - I think that will happen soon 8)

Lillie - yikes! :shock:
1) I'm glad that you like Kyle (well, at least for now); I like him too! :)
2) About that man, who took the picture, you are right - one of three you mentioned, really took that picture...Who? You'll see...
3) you are right in some other points, but I can't tell in which! Patience, patience....

Part 4

“Hey,” Ava heard Jadan’s whisper and she turned around to face him.

“Hi, dear brother,” she smiled as they hugged, “How are you?” she asked.

“Shouldn’t I ask you that?” he laughed amused, “You will be married in an hour and you are asking me how I am?”

“Um, well, you know me,” she said and turned to the window. Ava observed the landscape, when she suddenly asked, “Am I doing the right thing?”

“Do you have any doubts?” her brother asked her and Ava turned back to him.

“I don’t doubt my love for him and my desire to marry him, I love him, I really do,” Ava said, “but I’m afraid of the consequences,” Ava felt tears in her eyes, “if...no, when the others find out that we have married, I – I....” Ava started to sob and Jadan pulled her in his arms.

“Av, you are my only sister and I love you very much,” he whispered in her ear, “and it hurts so much that you are unhappy. Don’t worry, they don’t know anything about the wedding, so savour the moment, Av, today is your wedding day, you shouldn’t cry,” he said.

“I know and I’m really trying not to cry, but today my dream is come true, I’m marrying my soulmate, I just wish we could tell the others about it. I hate that I have to hide my love, it’s not fair,” she paused to wipe her face, “You are going to marry Vilandra and Caia soon will be Rath’s wife – legally and without hiding. What kind of future I will have? Our parents probably will hate us and we won’t have a home, or a family that support us. Where we will go? Our people won’t help us, because we didn’t bring the peace they have longed for...But I love him too much, Ja, I can’t live without him, I can’t.”

“Hey, since when do you have thoughts like these?” Jadan asked, “Remember you are not alone, Av. Your future husband is impatiently waiting outside to marry you and you still have your brother. I will never let you down; no matter what, I will be there for you. And let’s not mention Caia or Rath or Vilandra, you know we will be together. If our father kicks us out of the palace, we will all go,” he stated.

“No, Ja, you don’t ha..” Ava started, but her brother interrupted her.

“Yes, I do have to. It won’t be because of you, Av, you know that,” Jadan replied sadly. “Things between me and our father aren’t good, that’s not a secret. Father was wrong when he practically sold you to that prince, just to hold the peace between our worlds. It isn’t enough that I am marrying princess Vilandra. He wants to make you miserable and give his world to complete stranger. That is something I will never understand. I sometimes even wonder if he loves us...We don’t deserve treatment like this,” he said.

Ava wanted to tell something, but was interrupted by the loud knock at the door. As Jadan opened the door, her room was filled with her closest friends – Caia and Vilandra.

“Hey!” Caia shrieked as she pulled the bride in a hug, “I can’t believe that you are going to be married!”

“Hey!” Vilandra interfered, “Jadan you better go to the groom, he is already impatient,” she said, “and Caia, let that poor girl breath,” she laughed as Caia finally released the bride.

Jadan only smiled as she saw Ava’s now happy expression and left the room.

While Caia and Vilandra fixed Ava’s dress, hair and make-up, the three girls talked about everything like a normal teenagers, although they all knew about the danger that was yet to come.

Liz again bolted in her bed. Due to her schoolwork and Alex’s band, they hadn’t time to talk and Liz hadn’t told him about her dreams. She was having them every night – every dream would reveal something more. It was like watching a movie, although Liz felt what Ava felt.

Liz didn’t know what to think anymore. Was that simply her imagination or something more? She didn’t know Antar and why she was calling her friends different names? It didn’t make sense, did it?

Frustrated, Liz stood up and went to the bathroom. Today wasn’t a school day and she had agreed to cover Maria’s shift in Crashdown.

As Liz looked at herself in the mirror, she frowned. She looked terrible and everyone could see that she hadn’t a good night’s sleep. Dark circles under her eyes and a pale face wasn’t something Liz was used to, she usually slept very well, but now it looked like she had stayed up half the night.

Quickly Liz took a shower and dressed. When she went into the kitchen to have some breakfast, Liz lost appetite.

There, sitting at the kitchen’s table, was Nancy’s boyfriend, Mr. Pierce.

“Good morning, Elizabeth,” Liz was greeted by Mr. Pierce.

Liz hadn’t any other choice than to answer politely, “Good morning Mr. Pierce,” she said.

She hated that he was here, in her home, so much lately. He was a stranger to her, although the man dated his mother. Overall, Liz’s emotions towards him were plain negative.

Liz had even tried once to talk with her mother about him, but Nancy wasn’t quite listening, so in the end, she didn’t achieve anything. It’s not like she was against her mother dating, but that man was too creepy!

Mr. Pierce stopped reading his newspaper and gave his all attention to Liz, “So, how was your week?” he asked with interest.

This was why she disliked him so much; he always asked her too many questions. Her mother never asked her that kind of stuff.

“Good,” Liz answered, deciding to stick with the one-word replies and finishing her breakfast as quickly as possible.

“How are Maria and Alex?” he asked. Months ago, when he had asked something like that, Liz had freaked out, because she had never told him about her friends. In the end, she had found out that apparently her mother hadn’t any problems with him and told everything.

“They are fine, Mr. Pierce,” she answered once again politely, but shortly.

“And Kyle?” Mr. Pierce asked once again and Liz almost choked.

“Excuse me?!” she asked surprised. How in the hell did he know about Kyle? Liz wasn’t sure even if her mother knew the story about Kyle.

“I was asking about Kyle, your boyfriend,” Mr. Pierce explained and when Liz turned pale, he asked worriedly, “Are you all right, Elizabeth? You are kind of pale. Do you want to lie down?” he asked.

“No, no, I have to go, my shift starts in a few minutes,” Liz lied and quickly stood up to leave the kitchen, but turned back to Mr. Pierce, “and, for the record, Kyle isn’t my boyfriend. Good-bye,” Liz said and as quickly as possible left the apartment. Maybe she would arrange more sleepovers with Maria? This was already beyond madness.

How he could know things like that?

Liz shuddered and quickly drove to Crashdown.

When her shift was coming to end, Liz was beyond tired. Her feet hurt, she had a headache and all Liz wanted was to go home and have a good sleep. She groaned when the clock showed that she still had thirty minutes to work.

The Crashdown’s bell chimed and Liz looked at the door.

And immediately regretted it.

Why had she seen him every day lately?

“Hey, Liz,” Kyle’s cheery voice snapped Liz out of her thoughts.

“Hi, Kyle,” she answered and noticed the menu in his hands, “What can I get you?”

“Just a water, please, I just came here to talk with you,” he said.

“Oh? What about?” Liz answered as she went behind the counter and began to fill the bowl with strawberries. She was listening to Kyle only partly, but his next words shocked her.

“About you and that Evans boy,” he said and rushed to help Liz, who had dropped the bowl of strawberries.

“Let me help you,” Kyle said as he came behind the counter and got down on his knees. Their heads bumped in the process and Liz winced at the pain. The bump itself wasn’t hard, but she was tired and with everything that had happened in the last week, she felt like she would faint.

Liz closed her eyes and tried to calm herself down and pull herself together. She couldn’t afford to faint in the Crashdown. Someone probably would call an ambulance and hospital wasn’t something Liz was looking forward to.

She slowly opened her eyes and was glad that there was no dizziness. Kyle took her hand to balance her and they both stood up from the behind the counter, her hand still in his.

Liz almost jumped when she saw the person who was now standing on the other side.

He was angry.

“Is there any way for us to get some food in here?” Max asked quite calmly, but Liz could see that he was barely holding in his anger.

Liz gulped. She had never seen Max that angry, “Yeah, I will put down this bowl and then I will immediately take your order,” she said, trying to prevent the scene. Some of the customers were already looking at them.

When Max nodded and started to walk back to his booth, Liz noticed that was with Tess. Again.

Liz quickly picked up the bowl of fruit and walked to the kitchen, leaving Kyle behind.

When she turned around to go back to the restaurant, Liz bumped into someone.

Max.

She didn’t have a chance to say anything however, because his lips were suddenly crushed against hers.

:lol: I hope you liked the end! :lol:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks!

RhondaAnn - Liz will talk with Maria too, and yes - Mr. Pierce knows a lot...

maya - he he, I know that kiss was unexpected... And Max's motives still will be a secret for a while...

extingman - no, Mr. Pierce doesn't live with them. yet...And Kyle was with Liz in the cinema, when Max was with Tess, so basically Kyle saw interaction between Liz and Max. There is also a reason why Max is with Tess, that will be explained...

Lillie - yikes, now the air temperature is a little below zero and I'm very, very glad about that! Liz hadn't those dreams before, they started just now...And yeah, Max hadn't a reason to be angry, but well, he was... :roll:

Alex Balex - Max won't be nice after the kiss... :( :(

RASaero611 - :lol: , well Max definately is confusing!

g7silvers - Max has his reasons... 8) And Pierce too...

NorafanofMaxandLiz - I'm glad that you don't think the worst about Max. He isn't a bad guy...

Timelord31 - good question, but you'll have to wait for an answer

Pixie_Stix - I'm glad you liked it, although I lately feel like I'm moving further and further away from the challenge... :oops:

clueless - well, here I am! :D

Part 5

“I do,” said Ava. Then they were married – she was his and he was hers, husband and wife. Soulmates. Friends. Lovers. Each other’s everything.

They were complete.

“Oh. My. God,” Liz heard someone far, far away in her mind, but she didn’t pay any attention. All she wanted was to stay right there – in Max’s arms, while he was kissing her.

Liz didn’t want to think why he had come so suddenly and kissed her; it simply didn’t matter at the moment. She would worry about that later.

Then Liz heard another voice, louder this time, “What the hell?” She recognized the voice and that pulled her back to reality. She was kissing Max. They weren’t even friends and now they were kissing?

Quickly Liz pulled away from him, her breathing irregular. She still was on the kitchen’s table, Max between her opened legs and they both were holding each other.

Liz briefly looked at Max and blushed at the sight. His own breathing was coming out in short pants, his hair was dishevelled and eyes were darker. Liz could only guess how she looked.

Then something changed.

“I’m sorry,” Max murmured as he stepped away from her and bolted out of the kitchen, leaving behind a confused Liz. She had seen his expression when he was leaving.

Regret. He was regretting the kiss. It didn’t mean anything to him. Liz felt tears in her eyes, but she didn’t want to break down. Max Evans wasn’t worth her tears. He had thought he would play her, like every other girl he had dated, but Liz wouldn’t give him that joy. She would be strong, as always.

“Liz,” she heard and just now noticed the two people in the kitchen as well.

“What the hell was that idiot thinking?” Maria shouted, “Did that idiot really think that he could kiss you?” she cried and Alex tried to calm her down as much as he could. But she was Maria Deluca and Liz knew that she had to take control in her hands.

“Maria,” Liz said, trying to draw Maria’s attention. Maria was now pacing the small room, muttering something, “Maria,” Liz said louder, but that didn’t affect the blonde girl. Finally, Liz took the empty metal bowl, which was beside her and dropped it to the floor.

At the loud sound, Maria jumped in the air and Alex started to laugh.

“Geez, Liz,” Maria shrieked, this time trying to calm down her own heartbeat.

“Okay,” Alex said, still laughing, “let’s hope no one in the restaurant has called the police,” he said and wiped imaginary tear on his cheek, “You two are too funny, girls,” Alex had finally calmed down as well Maria, who was standing with unreadable expression.

“What happened, Liz?” she asked quietly, still looking directly at Liz.

“Nothing,” Liz said and knew that was a lie. “Everything is fine,” she assured her friends, although inwardly she was shouting, that nothing was fine.

“Nothing?!” Maria once again cried, “You call it nothing? Liz, you were kissing Max Evans. Max Evans! What did you think, huh? And it wasn’t just a peck on the lips!”

“I wasn’t kissing him. He was kissing me,” Liz said, but knew that was a lie too. Maybe he had started the kiss, but she had also responded to it, too. And more Liz thought about it, she came to conclusion that she wasn’t ashamed of that. But for Maria’s sake, it would be better if Liz kept that part to herself.

“What?” apparently that didn’t calm down Maria, “He was forcing you?” she asked.

“No!” Liz cried. “Look, can we not talk about it, please?” she pleaded. “It was a mistake and we all should simply forget about it. Please, Maria?” Liz asked, hoping that Maria wouldn’t do something that they would regret.

“Huh? Liz, he kissed you! He has ignored you and treated badly for such a long time and now you want to forget that he kissed you?” Maria was fuming.

“Maria, it’s my life and if I don’t wanna talk about it, I won’t,” Liz said sternly.

Maria’s feature softened, “Oh...Liz, I’m sorry,” she apologized. “But you have to understand as well, that I worry about you. You and Alex are the only family I have. I don’t want to see you hurt,” Maria explained and came closer to Liz, “Forgive me?” she pouted.

Liz smiled, “Of course, Ria,” she pulled the another girl in the hug, “You are my only family as well, I don’t want any fights between us,” Liz said, pulling away, “That means also quarrels between you and Alex about Max. Is that clear?”

“Yes, mom,” Maria grumbled and all three teenagers started to laugh. The tension was relieved.

“So, what are you doing tonight?” Maria merrily asked and once again, Liz was glad that there weren’t any fights between them.

“Oh,” Liz cried, “I am at work!” Liz quickly ran back to the restaurant, only to find it already empty.

Kyle was standing in the middle of the restaurant, swab in his right hand.

“Kyle? What happened?” Liz asked and briefly looked at the clock. Her shift was over and by this time the restaurant was always closed, but...who cleaned everything?

“He cleaned and closed the Crashdown,” Alex answered instead of Kyle and Liz eyes widened in surprise. She knew that Kyle was a sweet and caring guy, but she had never expected something like that!

Liz came to him and hugged him, surprising Kyle, Alex, Maria and even herself. Kyle obviously cared about her, he was nothing like Max. They were both so different and Liz couldn’t understand her heart anymore. Why she couldn’t have feelings towards Kyle? Why did she continue to torture herself? She had let Max hurt her once again this evening.

But tonight he had stepped over the line. Max had hurt her before, but nothing ached more than a fact that he didn’t want to kiss her and regret it after that.

Then why had Max kissed her?

Monday...Liz had dreaded this day all of Sunday, but now the moment was here. Monday. Biology. Partner. Max.

Kiss.

Would they talk about it? Or would Max be acting normally? Heck, why did they have to be partners?! Liz had thought about the kiss every moment since Max had kissed her. Luckily for her, Nancy and Mr. Pierce had gone to Las Cruces for the weekend, so Liz didn’t have to answer any questions by Nancy or her boyfriend. Although her mother rarely asked her anything.

Of course, they talked. About the weather, politics or something like that. Liz didn’t even know where her mother had met Mr. Pierce or where he was working. Nothing. While he knew almost everything about Liz, she didn’t know anything about him.

Liz had started to walk faster towards her classroom, when she noticed that she had a little time before the class started. She didn’t want to be late. That would only cause another grin from Max. Although...maybe that wasn’t a bad idea. Max rarely smiled. Well, he smiled, but not with his eyes. He smirked, but had Liz seen him smile?

Suddenly Liz stopped as she saw Max and Tess coming out of the Eraser Room. They didn’t even see her, apparently they were arguing about something. Liz couldn’t hear about what, but their fight looked ... serious. The hall was already empty, although the last bell hadn’t rung yet.

For a moment, Liz looked at her watch. When she looked up, Tess was gone and Max was looking directly in her eyes. Liz almost gasped; his eyes were so sad...It looked like he was pleading something with his eyes, but then...The moment was once again gone and Max pulled himself together. He turned around and walked away.

Liz stood there just for a moment. She started to walk after Max, when she saw something on the floor. Slowly and unsurely, Liz knelt down and took the object in her hand.

A ring.

Ava admired the ring on her finger. She and Zan were finally married. She knew their further road to happiness wouldn’t be easy, but they would be by each other’s side – then everything would be easier.

They had stayed in a nice house in the country. Rath’s distant cousin owned it and Ava prayed that no one would find about them. Well, she knew they would know about their marriage, sooner or later, and Ava couldn’t help but hope for the later. She wanted to relish the newfound happiness. Her husband.

She looked at her husband, who slept next to her in their bed. Theirs, not just hers or his, but theirs.

Ava started to caress slowly her husband’s cheek as he opened his eyes.

“Hey,” he whispered quietly, his voice rough with sleep, and pulled her closer to him.

“Hi,” Ava answered in an equally quiet whisper and closed her eyes.

Suddenly someone started to bang on the door, making them almost bolt in their bed. Hurriedly they dressed as much as they could to look decent and Zan opened the door.

Rath stumbled inside their room, “Zan, Ava, we have a problem,” he said, unsure how to deliver the news.

They had found out about them, was the only Ava’s thought as she saw Rath’s expression. Why? Why they had so little time? They had married only the day before that and now...everything was going to change....

“What?” Zan asked impatiently, pulling his wife once again closer to him, “What is it, Rath?”
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

maya
RhondaAnn
Alex Balex
NorafanofMaxandLiz
RASaero611
clueless
g7silvers
Timelord31
extingman

I know you all have questions, especially about the ring. Soon, I promise soon you will get your answers.

I will also have an author's chat tomorrow (February 3rd), at 6 PM EST over Dreaming Among Stars. Hope to see you there!

Part 6

The last bell rang and Liz hurried to class. She was glad to see that the teacher was late as well. Although her newfound happiness died, when she saw Max once again. For any other student, Max looked fine; he was simply sitting, book in front of him, but Liz could see more.

His eyes, his face, his body...He wasn’t happy...not at all, even more – he was miserable and Liz was surprised that no one saw anything different about him.

He had given up, although Liz didn’t even know why...He looked tired, like the whole world was on his shoulders and Liz could see that he was hardly keeping in his tears.

Liz hurriedly sat down and opened her mouth to say something, but the teacher walked in and Liz lost her chance to talk. Then again...What she was going to say? Max was the one who owed her an explanation about why he had kissed her! Liz looked once again at Max and all her rational thoughts flew away. She wanted to comfort him, even if she didn’t know why he was so upset.

Liz noticed that when Max thought she wasn’t looking, he would look at her, but he never said anything.

The teacher gave them work to do and they silently began to do it. There weren’t many words between them, it seemed that they understood each other from the half-word. Sometimes they didn’t need to say anything at all.

Liz smiled; they were perfect together.

Liz looked over to Michael and Maria and laughed, when she saw that they weren’t like she and Max. It seemed like Michael wanted to do one thing, but Maria quite something else – opposite. Liz could see how annoyed Michael looked and how angry Maria was, but surprisingly in the end, they had done everything well.

Isabel and Alex was a different story. They more entertained each other than worked on biology. Alex was telling her something and Isabel was smiling widely. They were so different - school’s most dated girl and…well, what was Alex? He wasn’t quite an outcast, but he wasn’t as social as Isabel.

Liz was actually surprised to see how good Kyle and Tess seemed. But Liz still noticed that Tess’ attention wasn’t devoted to biology, but to Max. She kept stealing glances here and there, but Max wasn’t looking at her. Liz wasn’t sure if it was because he really didn’t see how devoted her attention was to him, or he didn’t want to.

The bell rang and Liz panicked. During the class, they talked about biology, but what now? How was she going to approach him? Was she really going to talk with him about the kiss?

Max started to going out of class and Liz knew, that she had to talk NOW.

“Max,” she called to get his attention, but he pretended that he hadn’t heard her.

‘Yeah, right,’ Liz thought, in the class wasn’t that loud for him not to hear her. She tried again, but without result. Eventually Liz grabbed his arm to get at least something of his attention.

“What?” he asked and Liz was a little taken aback at his almost civilized tone. Of course Liz had hoped that Max wouldn’t be rude, but she still was surprised.

“I…umm...I-I wanted to talk with you,” Liz finally said, without releasing his arm.

Max didn’t say anything for a moment, then his gaze dropped to the place where Liz was holding his arm, his expression blank.

“Oh!” Liz exclaimed and released his arm immediately, “So....” Liz said, “talk?” she asked, but Max was kind of numb. Liz wasn’t even sure if he was listening, he looked so far away.

‘What had happened with him that was so terrible to put him in that state?’ Liz wondered. She was trying to search his eyes, but he kept looking down. Frustrated Liz called again, “Max...What’s wrong?” she asked, but he didn’t look up to her.

Finally, he grumbled something like, “I don’t have time right now,” and quickly walked away from her. All Liz could do was stand there and watch as he almost ran away from her.

Liz was looking at the ring, which she had found in the hall. She was sure it was either Max’s or Tess’. But could she be sure? It looked so small, yet beautiful and antique. Inside of the ring were written some symbols, strange symbols, and Liz couldn’t read anything.

And why had she had a continuation to her so-called ‘dream’ when she had touched the ring? Why she didn’t see anything now?

So many questions and so little answers...Heck, what kind of answers did she have? They still didn’t know anything about themselves. Liz had talked with Maria on Saturday and finally told her about mysterious dreams she was having. Maria was immediately worried, wanted to do something (in her case – to blast something up). Liz was glad, when Alex had calmed her down.

Hysterical Maria wasn’t something Liz wanted to deal with at the moment.

Slowly Liz closed her eyes....

“Shh....It’s going to be okay,” Zan soothed her, but Ava knew that nothing was going to be okay. This was it, their happiness had lasted just one day and one night. No more.

Things could be different. If only she had married Kivar...If only Zan had married Serena...Everything would be different now. Ava wouldn’t be as happy with Kivar as she could be with Zan, but Kivar was a good man. Ava couldn’t tell the same about Serena.

Ava had met Serena just a couple of times, but she didn’t like her already in their first meeting. Serena was a spoiled, rich princess and Ava couldn’t bear that kind of person. Serena enjoyed seeing the others suffer; Ava had seen how she humiliated the servants, just because she hadn’t anything to do better.

But Ava and Zan couldn’t do anything. The planets needed to unite and their parents had decided to marry Ava with Kivar and Zan with Serena. Her brother, Jadan, was already marrying Vilandra, Zan’s sister, so Ava and Zan’s planets were already united.

At first Ava had agreed to marry Kivar. But that was before she had met Zan. After that...Everything changed.

At the moment, Ava wasn’t sure if it was a good thing for her to meet Zan. Sure, she got the love of her life, but was it worth it? Many people had already died and that was only beginning.

Just this morning she was sleeping peacefully by her husband, unaware of what was happening at the palace, her home...When Rath had told them that Kivar’s and Serena’s planets had started a war against hers and Zan’s planet, Ava had almost fainted, although she knew this was coming. If she was doubtful about Kivar, Ava knew for sure that Serena would fight. She would revenge.

Apparently, that wasn’t all. The food and water on her and Zan’s planets had been poisoned and already many had died. Everything was happening so fast, Ava couldn’t believe how their enemies had found out about their marriage. And now she, along with her husband and friends, were coming to the palace, their home.

They knew that the food and water was poisoned. They were approaching their end. What kind of choice did they have? People hated them for not bringing the peace...They wanted to see their parents just one last time, before the end. Ava wasn’t even sure if they were even alive, but she prayed, they were.

Liz woke up with tears still in her eyes. ‘This all is too weird,’ Liz thought and looked at her watch. She sighed; she had an hour before Kyle was going to pick her up.

That’s right. She was going out on a date with him.

After Saturday’s Max fiasco and Kyle’s help, Liz had finally agreed to go out with him and today was their very first date. Liz hoped it would be the last too. Two days ago, she had acted on her emotions, but now, when Liz had a clear head, she started to regret it.

When an hour later Kyle arrived to pick her up, Liz was ready to go. He had said to dress casual, but warm. Kyle hadn’t told her where they were going and subconsciously it irritated Liz. She didn’t like the fact that Kyle could drive them anywhere. Liz knew Kyle, but still...How well did she know him?

“So...” Liz said as they started to drive away from the Roswell, “where exactly are we going?” she couldn’t help but ask.

Kyle looked at her briefly, before turning his eyes back on the road, “Liz, I have already told you once, that I’m your friend, not a foe, but it looks like you think I’m going to kidnap you!” he smiled and Liz calmed down a little, “Trust me, Liz. We will be there soon,” he assured her.

For a couple of minutes, there was a comfortable silence between the two of them, but then Kyle broke the silence, “Liz, we still haven’t talked about what happened on Saturday,” he said and Liz inwardly groaned. Did they really need to talk about that?

“What happened?” he continued to ask.

“Nothing, Kyle,” she assured him, avoiding his gaze. “Nothing happened on Saturday, why are you asking?”

“Are you sure?” Kyle asked with a surprise, “Evans said he needed to talk with you about...biology I think,” he chuckled, “Yeah right, Max Evans and homework on a Saturday? Anyway, after ten minutes he came back, no, he almost ran out of the Crashdown. His new victim could barely catch him, although I must say, after spending some time with Tess Harding, she and Max Evans are just perfect for each other,” he laughed, without an inkling of how much his words had hurt Liz.

She didn’t want to hear how perfect Max and Tess were.

“So, and you are telling me that nothing happened?” he asked once again.

“Yes, Kyle, nothing happened. I didn’t even seen him,” she lied.

Kyle seemed contented with her answer and he didn’t ask anything for a while.

“Well,” Kyle said as he stopped the car, “here we are,” he went around the car to open the door and help Liz to step out of it.

Liz looked around and gasped. She remembered this place. Familiar place. Liz was sure she had been here, but couldn’t remember when and why.

Suddenly it hit her.

They were born here.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Part 7

“Liz, are you okay?” Kyle’s concerned voice snapped Liz out of her state of shock.

“Um…Yeah, Kyle, I’m fine,” she lied. Nothing was fine. All Liz could think about was the fact that she had been here, along with Maria and Alex and ...There had been some other people too, but she couldn’t remember what they looked like or who they were.

“Well, maybe you should drink or eat something?” Kyle asked once again, “You look kind of pale,” he said.

“Kyle, I’m fi...” Liz said and followed Kyle’s gaze, where there was a blanket and a picnic basket on it. Liz gasped; she had never imagined that Kyle could be so romantic.

“Shall we?” asked Kyle, offering a hand.

Liz didn’t say anything, just took his hand and Kyle lead them to the blanket. Liz’s mind was racing; her dreams and newfound knowledge that they had been there was more than distracting.

The evening went on and Liz was surprised to notice, that she liked her date with Kyle. He was sweet and funny, Liz hadn’t laughed that much in a long time, but she also noticed that she had feelings towards Kyle. Friendly feelings.

Kyle would be a great friend.

Later that night, when they were driving back to Roswell, Liz was nervous. Their night was simply perfect, but what now? Would he try to kiss her? Liz hoped that he wouldn’t do something to ruin their evening. And that included a kiss.

Kyle stopped the car at her house and went along with Liz to her apartment. When they came to Liz’s door, she turned to face Kyle, “Well, this is it,” she said, hoping that Kyle would go away.

He didn’t.

“I really had a great time tonight,” Kyle said truly, “You are a amazing girl, Liz, but I bet you already know that,” he told her and leaned down.

‘Oh God,’ Liz thought as Kyle leaned down. When she decided to turn her head, so that way, Kyle wouldn’t kiss her, he surprised her even before she did anything.

He kissed her cheek.

“Goodnight, Liz,” he said softly and went out to his car.

Liz stood at her door for a couple of minutes, totally shocked about Kyle’s behaviour. Then she noticed that the next door was slightly open.

“You can come out, Maria,” Liz said and looked as an ashamed Maria came out of the apartment.

“Hey, Liz,” Maria said cheerily, “Are you back from your date already? I didn’t see the car,” she said.

Liz raised an eyebrow, “Okay, okay,” Maria said defeated, “I admit that! I spied on you and Kyle. Well, was that you wanted to hear?” she asked.

“Definitely,” Liz laughed, “Come on, I want to have a girls night. Can you stay with me?” Liz asked. Her mother and Mr. Pierce were still in Las Cruces and Liz really wanted to talk with someone about what she had found out today.

“Sure, Liz,” Maria replied and went back to her apartment to get an overnight bag.

An hour later, it started to rain, but both of the girls inside the apartment laughed and simply had a great time. They were sitting on Liz’s bed, magazines and ice cream all over the blanket.

“Aww...I can’t believe that Kyle did something like that,” Maria said, “He is such a sweet guy, Liz, why can’t you like him?” she asked.

Yep, Liz thought, Kyle’s number one fan was certainly back.

“Maria,” she said tiredly, “We already have talked about it many times, I don’t have feelings for Kyle,” she said, “Why can’t you understand that?”

“But I have to understand, why were you kissing Max, huh?” Maria snapped, but her voice immediately softened, “I’m sorry, Liz, I don’t know what is happening to me lately...Oh no, I’m wrong again, I know what my problem is, Michael Guerin!” she exclaimed dramatically.

“Geez, Maria, Michael isn’t easy, huh?” Liz asked amused.

“You can’t even imagine,” Maria cried, “I swear his goal is to drive me crazy! I don’t know what the teacher was thinking when he paired us together. I mean, me and Guerin? We are total opposites, like plus and minus, salt and sugar, day and night....” Maria rambled on, while Liz laughed harder and harder, “Well at least I reached my goal and made you laugh,” said Maria after a while.

That was it, Liz thought. She had to tell Maria what she had found out today, Maria had the right to know.

“Maria,” Liz started, “Maybe we should call Alex,” she said in the last moment. Alex had to be here too.

Another hour went on and it was already midnight, when Liz decided to tell them.

“Mmm, guys?” she said, drawing their attention, “I have to tell you both something,” Liz told them, “As you already know, Kyle and I had a date today, but that isn’t all,” she said.

“What is it, Liz?” Alex asked impatient, “Did he hurt you?”

“No, no,” Liz replied hurriedly, “Nothing like that, it’s just...He took me out to the desert, to one particular spot and I...remembered something,” she said quietly.

“Wait, wait, wait... What you mean that you remembered something?” Maria questioned, “Was it a flash again? Like your dreams?”

“No, Maria, that was something totally different. It wasn’t like my dreams, I didn’t see Antar, this time it was Earth,” she said and then took a big breath to say the next sentence, “I think we were born there,” Liz told them and waited for their reaction.

Liz knew it would be a big surprise for both of them. Not to mention that Liz was the only one, who was having those weird dreams about Antar. They hadn’t known anything about themselves, except that they were aliens and now...Liz had told them that they actually had some place where they had been born. That was huge news!

“Umm, well, can you explain what you mean by that?” asked a shocked Alex and beside him, Maria nodded furiously.

Liz told them everything, “When Kyle stopped the car and I stepped out, I saw a flash, but as I already mentioned, it wasn’t like my dreams. I saw myself and you both as children, wandering in the desert, not far from where Kyle and I were having a picnic,” she explained.

“Wow...”Maria said in awe, “T-That is s-something, I can’t believe that we are starting to know more and more....But why now?”

“It’s probably because we have never been as far into the desert as Liz was tonight, maybe that particular place just opened her memory,” Alex tried to explain.

“Maybe,” Liz muttered. Liz couldn’t understand why she was the one, who got all those dreams and flashes. Why not Maria or Alex? Why her?

“What we are going to do?” asked an anxious Maria.

“We aren’t doing anything tonight, or I guess it’s better to say this morning,” Alex said, pointing at the clock, which showed that it was 1 a.m., “But tomorrow is Saturday, so we can go to the desert and see if we can find something more,” Alex instructed.

After that they all went to sleep, but for some reason, Liz couldn’t fall asleep. She was tired as hell, but couldn’t sleep. Finally, Liz stood up and went to the kitchen to get a glass of milk. Maybe that would help her.

It was still raining and Liz shivered. All previous events weren’t easy for her. Because of her dreams, she was always tired, but what could she do? And now, when she had seen that flash in the desert, Liz would probably spend whole night thinking about it.

There was a soft knock at the door and Liz jumped a little. It was already 3 in the morning, who could that be? She listened once again; maybe it was her imagination?

No, this time Liz heard it very well; someone was knocking. Liz stood up and went to the door, in the process looking at her bedroom door to see if Maria or Alex had woken up. Liz chuckled when she saw that they were still sleeping.

Liz came to the door and, without a thought about possible danger, she opened it. She had expected to see anyone else, but not him.

“Max?” she said, clearly surprised to see him.

He looked like a little boy; he was all wet, obviously from the rain. His hands were in the pockets of his jeans and Liz could swear she saw a tear escaping his eye, but she wasn’t sure of it.

“Hey, come here,” she said and pulled him in the apartment, “You are cold,” she said softly as she noticed his shivering.

“I will be right back,” Liz said and turned to fetch some clean and dry towels.

Max stopped her by grabbing her arm, “Please,” he pleaded quietly, “Don’t go,” Max said.

“Max,” Liz said turning to him, “You are cold, we need to get you dry if you don’t want to get sick,” she explained softly, “Come on, sit here, I will be right back,” she said and led him to the couch.

Hurriedly, she ran to the bathroom and took out some towels and a T-shirt for Max. When she went back to the living room, she closed the door to her bedroom. She didn’t want Alex and Maria to see them. That would probably cause another fight.

“Here,” Liz said, coming back to Max and giving him a towel, “We probably need to get you out of your wet clothes,” she said and blushed a little when Max looked at her somewhat funnily, “You know what I mean,” she mumbled, handing him the biggest T-shirt she had.

“I-I will go away until y-you change,” Liz stammered and turned to go away.

“No,” Max said, “Don’t go, please,” he pleaded once again.

What had happened to him, Liz wondered, “O-Okay,” she said, “I-I will just turn around,” Liz quickly turned around.

She stood there for a minute, “You can turn back,” Max’s soft voice filled the room and Liz looked back. Max was standing there only in his boxers and Liz’s T-shirt, his hair still wet. When Liz came closer to him, she noticed that he was still shivering, “Come here, you are still cold,” Liz said and sat down on the couch.

When Max sat beside her, Liz wrapped a blanket around him. She knew that they needed to talk, but she didn’t want to ruin the moment. She took a towel, moved closer to Max and started to dry his hair.

For a moment, Liz was too busy drying his hair that she hadn’t noticed how close they were. She was shocked when Max suddenly sat her down in his lap and started to kiss her. Liz didn’t even know why, but she opened her mouth and responded to his kiss.

Oh, how she had missed his lips!

Since their kiss last week, Liz couldn’t forget how good it had felt. She knew it was wrong, they never had even a decent conversation, but here she was – in his lap and kissing him.

Liz moaned softly when Max moved from her lips to her neck and she tilted her head to one side, in the process, giving him an encouragement to continue.

After some time had passed, Liz felt like she was going to pass out. Max was still moving from her lips to her neck and Liz was moaning softly as his hands travelled up and down her body as well.

Liz felt like she was flying and was surprised when she noticed that she was lying on the couch, Max on top, still kissing her. She unconsciously spread her legs to give him room and Max eagerly settled between her open thighs.

I hope you liked the end! :lol:

And...I really, really want to thank those people, who came to my author's chat! You can't even imagine how much it meant to me! Thanks again!
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks! I love to read what you think, especially after such a bad day I had....Sorry, for the long wait.

RhondaAnn
Lillie
extingman
Alex Balex
Dreams_stars_Candy
xsuper_novax
clueless
behrstars
NorafanofMaxandLiz
Timelord31

Part 8

“I love you, Ava,” Zan kissed her lips softly, “Always remember that, I have loved and will love only you, my beautiful wife,” he said and started to kiss her once again, “Even if we are going to die, we will be together, my love; if not in this life, then in the next, but we will be together, I promise, Ava,” he vowed.

“I love you, Zan, I really do and I don’t have any regrets,” Ava said.

Rath came to them, “It’s time, we can go inside the palace,” he said.

Zan took his wife’s hand and lead them into unknown.

Liz slowly became awake and the first thing she noticed that someone was lying on her. Liz looked down a little bit and saw Max, who was sleeping motionless above her, his body still between her open thighs. Max’s head nested on her chest, while his hands were around her, pulling her closer to him.

Liz panicked. Her mother was coming back from Las Cruces today and Alex and Maria were sleeping in her room. They couldn’t see her and Max in that position. They would start asking questions, but what would she reply? She and Max hadn’t talked, but she again had let him kiss her like that!

He probably thought the worst about her, Liz assumed. All he had to do last night was to come to her and she...and she had let him sleep on her!

Liz quickly glanced at the clock on the wall and calmed a little bit, it was still an early morning. Her mother wouldn’t come back for a while and both her friends hopefully would sleep as usual for a Saturday morning. Late. Liz had enough time to solve this...situation. At least she hoped so.

She remembered that Max had come to her last night, all wet and miserable. Then he had changed his clothes and she had moved closer to him to help him, but...The next thing she had known they were making out on her living room couch, while her friends were sleeping in her room. Liz didn’t even remember when exactly she had fallen asleep, but she was glad to discover in the morning, that she still had her clothes on. She didn’t want secondary problems.

Liz wanted to sit up, but that wasn’t possible while Max was still sleeping on her. She tried again and again, but without success.

She had to wake him up.

Liz was afraid to do it. What would happen then? Would he run away from her again? Would Liz see regret in his eyes? Was she ready to face him?

Apparently, she didn’t have to make a choice anymore, because Max started to stir a little bit. Liz watched as he slowly opened his eyes and blinked for a couple of times. She smiled when Max again closed his eyes and opened them again. Apparently, he was confused as well. Liz couldn’t help but chuckle.

Max immediately frowned and Liz held her breath as he moved up his head and his eyes met hers.

The first thing Liz noticed that she couldn’t see regret in his eyes anymore. There were other emotions, but she couldn’t identify them.

“Hi,” Liz softly whispered with a small smile on her lips.

“Hey,” Max whispered back.

“Can you...umm, m-move?” Liz asked, “We need to get up,” she explained.

“Y-Yeah, s-sure,” Max stammered as he sat down on the couch, “I’m sorry, that I-I attacked you last night,” he said truthfully.

“Max,” Liz said, “I think we need to talk. What happened last night?” she asked.

Max was silent for a moment, “Liz, I’m sorry for everything I have said or done, my treatment of you wasn’t right. Can you forgive me?” he asked.

Liz noticed how he avoided her question, but who she was to demand something from him? They weren’t a couple; she didn’t know what they were exactly.

“I can forgive you, Max,” she said, “It probably won’t be easy, but I will. But I want to know one thing, why did you kiss me?” she asked bluntly. If she had this chance to have Max Evans in her living room, only in his boxers, she would use it.

“I guess the answer ‘I don’t know’ won’t be enough for you?” Max asked with a grin. Liz shook her head and Max continued, “I guess I kind of like you,” he said shyly.

Liz raised an eyebrow. Kind of?!?!

“Y-You l-like me?” Liz asked in a shaky voice. Max Evans liked her! Well, kind of...

“Yeah, but let’s face the truth, Liz, we never are going to be together,” he said frustrated as he stood up.

Ouch, that hurt. And she had imagined that Max really liked her. Yeah, right! It was probably some lame excuse.

“Don’t say anything, I got it!” Liz snapped angrily as she stood up as well and started picking up his clothes.

“What?” Max asked a little taken aback, “Hey, hey, calm down,” he said as he put his hands on her shoulders and turned her to him, “Can we be friends instead and see where that will take us?” he asked softly.

Huh? Friends? He wanted to be friends?

“Okay, Max,” Liz said. What other just choice she had? Besides, he had said ‘and see where that will take us’. That probably meant something. Hopefully, their ‘friendship’ would lead to something good, maybe a relationship?

Geez, where had those thoughts come from? Liz wondered. She couldn’t be his girlfriend; there would be always secrets between the two of them. Liz didn’t know him, she didn’t even know what his favourite colour was or what he liked to do in his free time...She wasn’t even human!

“You agree?” Max asked surprised.

“Yeah, Max, I want to be your friend,” Liz said and some part of it was even true, she wanted to be his friend, no matter what, but she also wanted to be something more...Someday. “I guess we just started totally wrong,” she smiled and gave him her hand, “Hi, I’m Elizabeth Parker, but my friends calls me Liz, do you want to be my friend?” she asked.

“Well, good-morning Ms. Parker,” Max grinned and shook her hand, “My name is Maxwell Evans, but only Michael calls me that. To everyone else, I am simply Max. And I must say I’d love to be your friend,” he said truthfully.

“I’d like to expand our newfound friendship a little bit more, but I suggest that we postpone that, at least for a couple of hours,” said Liz, quickly glancing at the clock, “Alex and Maria are sleeping in my bedroom and my mom should be home soon, so I guess it will be better if you go home,” she said sadly.

“Oh, shit,” Max exclaimed, “Isabel is probably freaking out about where I am,” he said and switched on his phone, “Yep, twenty-one missed calls, that’s not good,” he mumbled and started to pull on his clothes.

Liz couldn’t help, but admire his body, especially when her T-shirt came off. Too bad she couldn’t enjoy the view for a longer time, because after some seconds Max had already got on his shirt.

“Well, this is it,” Max said, dressed completely, “Thank you so much Liz...For everything,” he said as he moved to the door.

“That’s okay, Max, I hope you will solve your problems, I really do,” Liz said and came closer to him.

“Thank you, Liz,” Max whispered and leaned down.

Liz felt how Max’s lips pressed against her forehead and closed her eyes. She loved to be near him. Why she couldn’t have him?

“Bye, Liz,” Max whispered and went out of the door.

“Bye,” Liz whispered back, closed the door and leaned against it.

Liz couldn’t believe that she and Max were... friends. They still had so much to talk about, but at the moment, their friendship was a great achievement.

Liz was startled when someone tried to open the door. That couldn’t be Max, could he?

“Liz,” her mother said as she and Mr. Pierce walked back into apartment, “What are you doing up so early? It’s Saturday morning after all,” she said.

“I...Um, couldn’t sleep,” Liz said.

“What was the Evans boy doing here?” suddenly asked Mr. Pierce.

‘What the hell,’ Liz thought, ‘How can he know that?’

“What are you talking about?” asked Liz’s mother, “I didn’t even think you knew Philip’s son,” she said surprised.

“Sweetie, remember I once came to your work?” Mr. Pierce asked and Nancy nodded, “Philip introduced me to his son, so I know what Max looks like. I saw him driving away,” he said.

“Liz, what was Max doing here so early,” Nancy asked, “I didn’t even know you two were friends,” she said.

Liz lied, “Max wasn’t here, he probably was coming to see someone else. Besides, maybe wasn’t even him,” she said. What other choice did she have? How was she going to explain what Max was doing here, if she hadn’t understood that by herself?

“Maybe,” Mr. Pierce replied.

“Um, I better go and wake Alex and Maria up,” Liz said and quickly went to her bedroom, where both her friends were still sleeping.

That was only then, when Liz realized something.

What about him and Tess?
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Part 9

“Are we there yet?” Maria asked again, without noticing the glances Alex and Liz exchanged.

Alex groaned, “Maria, you have been asking the same question every minute for the last half an hour,” he whined, “Every minute!”

“So?” Maria asked, “I just have this feeling that we have been going circles and still haven’t found the place where Liz was yesterday,” she explained.

Liz thought for a minute, before answering, “I think Maria is right,” she said, chewing her lip, “I didn’t pay attention to where exactly Kyle was taking me yesterday and it was already dark when we got there...I’m sorry, guys, but I don’t remember where the place was,” she said sadly, “Why did I tell you both, without even memorizing the place? I’m hopeless,” Liz sighed as she stopped the car.

“Don’t worry, Liz,” Alex assured, “Besides, we have to talk about everything, remember?” he pointed out and briefly looked at Maria in the back seat, “We are family and maybe it would have been interesting to know about that place a little bit more, but we have been living in the dark for so long. And we don’t even know if we really had been there, maybe it was just one of your memories, that’s all,” Alex said.

“Yeah, Liz, don’t put so much pressure on yourself, you still have your dreams,” Maria said, “By the way, did you have one last night?” she asked confused.

Liz had seen something in her dream, but it was so little, because of the time she slept. How was she going to explain why she had been awake last night for that long?

“Umm, nope, no dream last night,” she said with a fake smile, she hated to lie; they were her family, while Max was...a friend.

Suddenly Liz’s phone started ringing. She glanced at the display and quickly said, “It’s my mom, I will talk with her really quickly,” she said before getting out of the car.

“Hey,” Liz said into the phone as she walked a little bit further from the car.

“Hi,” Liz heard his voice and already felt better. Before that, she was sad and even mad at herself for disappointing Maria and Alex. Although they had said the opposite, Liz knew that still meant something to them, to find out at least something about themselves.

“Umm,” there was an awkward silence between the two of them, both not sure what to say after the last night, “So...” Liz said.

“So...” Max repeated, “Will you go out with me tonight?” he asked.

His question was so sudden that Liz didn’t even answer at first, “Liz?” she heard Max’s concerned voice, “Are you there?” he asked worriedly.

“Yeah,” Liz said in a whisper, but she was sure that Max heard her anyway, “I’d love to go on a date with you,” Liz said, this time louder and clearer.

“Really?” Max asked surprised.

“Really,” Liz replied with a smile. She had a date with Max Evans! Liz wanted to jump, to run, to scream at the world, that she had a date with the boy of her dreams, but that would probably draw her friends’ attention in the car. Maria still was uneasy when Liz and Alex would mention Max’s name. It wasn’t like they were talking about it, but he was Liz’s biology partner, while his sister was Alex’s.

“That’s great!” Max answered cheerily and Liz couldn’t help but smile, “I will pick you up around eight, is that a good time?” he asked unsurely.

“Yeah, sure, I will be waiting,” Liz said, silently thanking God that her mother and her boyfriend would be out on a date again tonight and they wouldn’t see Max. She wasn’t ashamed of him or anything like that and she didn’t want to keep their relationship as a secret, but...was there any relationship between the two of them? At first they had agreed to be friends, now she was going out with him! Everyone would be clearly confused, starting with Maria and her mother. She shivered at the thought how many questions Mr. Pierce would ask her about Max, if he knew about him.

“Max!” Liz heard someone yell at the other side of the phone. She wasn’t sure who was it, but she knew one thing: that was a female.

“Max?” Liz questioned. He had just asked her on a date, but who was that female with him? Was it Tess? Now thinking about it, Liz started to have doubts. She was jealous and unsure. She couldn’t demand anything from Max; she wasn’t even his girlfriend.

“Um, Liz, I have to go,” Max said hurriedly, “I will see you tonight. Bye,” Max quickly said before dropping the phone.

Liz looked at her phone in surprise. That was one really weird phone conversation, she thought. Max had asked her out, and at the same time, some other girl was with him and then he hung up. She would ask him about it tonight.

“Hey, I hope I wasn’t talking too long,” Liz said as she climbed back in the car. She stilled when she saw her friend’s expressions. Maria’s face was a little bit red and she looked somewhere far away, lost in her thoughts. Alex was looking down at his feet.

Something was wrong. She wasn’t gone for a long time, what could have happened? Another ‘Max’ fight between the two of them?

„Guys?” Liz asked, „Is everything okay?”

Silence. They didn’t even talk with her.

“Liz?” Alex said after a couple of minutes, “Where were you last night?” he asked.

“Nope, a better question,” Maria cut in angrily, “Who were you with last night?” she asked, even as her body was shaking with anger.

Liz gulped. It wasn’t like she was afraid of Maria, but she had never seen her best friend that angry. What Liz had done? She didn’t use her favourite cypress oil or anything like that.

“What?” Liz asked surprised, “What are you talking about?”

“Hey,” Liz said as she came back in her bedroom that morning, only to see that Alex and Maria were both already awake.

“Hi,” Maria said, “Why are you awake? Why I am awake,” she looked briefly at the clock, “It is a way to early to start a day,” she groaned and put her head back at the pillow, “Don’t wake me up, I’m too tired to do anything,” she complained and closed her eyes.

“Well, then I guess just Liz and I will go to the desert,” Alex said in a singsong voice and laughed as Maria immediately stood up.

“I’m up,” she said, her eyes still closed, “Just let me drink some caffeine,” she stumbled to get out of the room, with her eyes still closed, “Ouch,” she shrieked, when her forehead connected with the wall, “That probably will leave a bruise,” she mumbled, “But then again...I have best friend with a healing power,” she laughed and finally left the room, leaving Alex and Liz laughing hysterically on the bed.

“So, Alex,” Liz said as she sat opposite him, “How are things with Isabel?” Liz asked.

Liz knew that Alex had feeling for Isabel, but she wasn’t sure how deep they were, maybe even Alex didn’t know that...yet. But since Isabel had become his lab partner in biology, Liz had been noticing that they had got pretty close.

Isabel was Roswell’s ice queen. Yeah, she dated a lot, but she never let people close to her.

Except Tess.

When Tess had come to Roswell, she had almost immediately got in their group. Maybe she didn’t have Max’s attention, but at least Isabel was Tess’ best friend. Even now, many wanted to know what made The Ice Queen Isabel let Tess in. She had never done anything like that before. They had been three – Isabel, Max and Michael, for many, many years and then suddenly a new girl came and everything changed.

“Um, what are you talking about?” Alex asked nervously.

“Come on, Alex,” Liz smiled, “I have seen the two of you in class, something is definitely going on between you and her!” she exclaimed.

“Really?” Alex smiled, “It looks like that?”

“Yeah,” Liz said, “I mean, she smiles around you. It’s not like she doesn’t smile with the other people, but…when she is with you, her smiles are real…” Liz said and watched as Alex started to smile even more, copying Isabel’s smile.

But suddenly his smile disappeared, “You are right, Liz. In class, I feel like I actually have a chance, but after that…everything changes…As soon as the bell rings, she stops talking and laughing with me. She doesn’t say even ‘hi’ in the hall when she sees me. She simply goes by without noticing me,” he said sadly.

“Alex,” Liz said softly as she hugged her best friend. They were interrupted by a loud crash in the living room. Liz and Alex both looked at each other, before running to the living room.

They came in the living room as soon as Liz’s mother came out of her bedroom, “What happened?” she asked worriedly as she saw pale Maria standing in the living room.

“I-I,” Maria stammered, “I-I dropped a mug of coffee,” she said, but Liz could see there was something more. While the three friends cleaned the mess in the living room, Liz had asked her about it, but Maria said that nothing was wrong and finally Liz stopped to ask her.

“This!” Maria yelled as she shoved a wallet into Liz’s hands, “This is what I’m talking about, Liz,”

Liz looked at the wallet in her hands, why Maria was so angry about it?

“Who does this wallet belong to?” she asked.

“Oh, you didn’t know?” Maria asked irritated, “Why don’t you look inside and see whose wallet I found this morning on your living room couch?”

Liz stilled and slowly opened the wallet. There were some cards, all with the name ‘Max Evans’ and some photos where Isabel and her could be seen.

Liz smiled when she realized that Max was carrying her picture in his wallet. She didn’t recognize the picture and she wondered how was it taken. That probably would be another thing she had to ask him tonight.

“Well?!” Maria’s irritated voice took her back into realization, that Maria had found Max’s wallet in her apartment. What was she going to do?

“Oh, and that isn’t even the best part!” Maria exclaimed and Liz eyes widened in horror. What else? Liz looked as Maria fished something out of her pocket.

“Why this was sticking out of his wallet, huh?” Maria asked and Liz blushed furiously. Liz was sure she was as bright as a beetroot.

“What were you and Max doing last night?” Maria asked once again, still holding something in her hand.

A condom.