You Found Me (AU, M/L, mature) Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Thanks for the great feedback. Here is the part 20. :) :wink:

Part 20

Liz took her keys out to open the door to her and Max’s apartment. She was back.

After leaving so suddenly, she had driven around for hours, until she decided to spend the night in the hotel. Her anger slowly, but steadily decreased and now she wanted an explanation.

After everything they had been through...Liz had lied to Max for many years and now...Max owed her an explanation and Liz had to give him this chance to talk.

Liz had been surprised to see Tess in the photos. Although she knew that Tess had gone to Boston University as well, Liz had never met her there. Some years ago Isabel had mentioned that she had met Tess once or twice, but that was all. Liz came to conclusion that Tess had moved on with her life.

That was a bad decision.

Before opening the door, Liz once again took her phone out and dialled Max’s number. She had called him all morning to tell him that she was coming back, but Max wasn’t answering his phone.

After leaving the apartment the previous day, Liz had turned off her phone and now she’d received like dozens of messages from Alex, concerned about her. Liz quickly wrote back that she was okay, but without any further explanation. She had to talk to Max first.

Liz put her phone back into her purse and opened the door. Never in her life had she expected to see something like this. It looked like a tornado had been in their apartment. There was a broken window, broken glass all over, papers on the floor, the TV was on the ground....

It was horrible. This was their home, but now Liz could hardly recognize it. What had happened?

“Welcome home,” a sarcastic voice said behind Liz.

Before she could even look behind her, Liz was pushed further inside the apartment and the door was slammed.

Liz stumbled forward, almost falling, but she regained the balance, before standing up completely and turning around.

This time she couldn’t hold her gasp of surprise.

“What are you doing here?” Liz asked, anger evident in her voice.

How could Tess just show up here?

“What? Surprised to see me?” Tess smirked, “I thought you had seen the photos, right? So then you must know that I have never been away, Max knows it well,”

Liz curled fists at her side, wanting nothing more than Tess out of her life. Out of their life.

‘No,’ she reminded herself. She had to be calm; she had a baby to take care of. Tess could be dangerous and Liz hadn’t used her powers in years. She wasn’t strong enough.

“What do you want?” Liz said, barely holding her anger.

“You know, I have never liked you,” Tess smirked, “You always were in my way, taking Max’s attention,”

“I have never been on your way,” Liz objected, “It was Max’s decision, not mine,”

„No, it all your fault,” Tess screamed in fury, “Max and I...we are meant to be together, but you...you...you ruined everything!”

Tess composed herself. “And you don’t have any self-respect either,” she said. “Max and I, we love each other, but he always felt like he owed your something, for leading you on in the high school,” she sneered.

Liz tried hard to not to believe the blonde. Max couldn’t have been with her for years and then be marrying her, just because he felt he owed her something.

Tess continued, “We have been seeing each other for years, Liz. Didn’t you ever wonder where he was going on his so-called trips?” Tess laughed. “He was straight going to me, Liz, to me!”

Liz shook her head. No, Max wouldn’t do that.

“You can’t imagine his feelings towards you. Pity is all he feels towards you now,” Tess said, “I wanted to help him a little and sent our photos. You have seen them, right?” Tess smirked as she pulled the photos out of her purse.

Liz barely held back her tears; she didn’t want to cry in front of her.

“But no....you’re a stupid bitch,” Tess laughed. “Even after you have seen the photos and you know that your husband has been cheating on you, you come back. Isn’t that stupid?”

Liz saw red. “Get out!” she ordered. “Get out of my home,” she yelled, but didn’t move closer to Tess.

Tess only laughed harder at her words, “What makes you think it is still your home, huh? You might live here, but Max doesn’t want even to see you anymore,”

What?

“I mean, did you really think you can hide your secret forever?” Tess asked.

“W-What? What are you talking about?” Liz asked, but her fears took the best part of her. Her body started to shake and Liz wasn’t sure was it because of the anger or fear.

Tess couldn’t know her secret, right?

“Come on, Liz, don’t pretend to be more stupid than you are!” Tess insulted Liz again. “I know that you’re not human,” she said with a hint of disgust in her tone.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about?” Liz said, shaking her head.

“Oh, please,” Tess rolled her eyes. “I heard once your and Isabel’s conversation, I know everything about you, Alex and Maria. You perhaps don’t know it, but Isabel and I...we haven’t lost the contact between us during the years. We see each other very often, she knows Max loves me’ I’m often at her house as a guest. I have heard many conversations between you and her,” Tess explained.

“No, no,” Liz shook her head harder. It couldn’t be true, could it?

Tess continued, “I wanted to tell Max as soon as I found out the truth, but Isabel, my dear friend, convinced to let you tell to him. In the end I agreed, wanting you to see the disgust on Max’s face as he would find out that he had slept with an alien,”

Tess slowly walked around the apartment, “Look,” she pointed to the mess around her. “Max was so angry that he basically trashed the place you live together in. He wants nothing more than to erase the painful years with you,”

“No, I don’t believe you,” Liz said, but her voice sounded weak and defeated.

“What proof do you need, huh? Max hates you, ok? He doesn’t want even to see you again. He was angry that while Maria and Alex had told the truth to Michael and Isabel, you have been bitch for years, without telling him with whom he had slept in the same bed,” the blonde said.

Liz had to leave; she didn’t want to be in the same room with Tess anymore. She had to see Max. Her sweet, caring Max couldn’t...no, Tess was lying; Max loved her, he didn’t hate her.

Liz turned around and run to the door. She pushed the door, but nothing even moved.

The door was closed.

Tess evil laugh echoed in the room, “I won’t let you escape,”

“Let me out!” Liz ordered.

“No,” Tess shook her head, “Someone like you doesn’t deserve to live. After your death, Max will be able to do something he has wanted to do for years. He will marry me and we will live happily,”

Liz looked around the room; she had to get out. The door was closed and Liz’s only option was the window. But they lived on the second floor. While it wasn’t too high, the jump could easily harm her and the baby.

What choice did she have?

Liz slowly started to move towards the window, while Tess was talking about her soon-to-be life with Max, “He is a great kisser, but you already know that, right?”

Liz tried to block out Tess’ voice. She perhaps didn’t believe to every word she had said about Max, but it was still painful to listen something like that.

“And he is so sweet and caring...”

Liz was slowly moving closer to the window. Just another three steps and she would be there.

“He loves me so much....”

Two steps.

“He can’t wait to marry me...”

One step.

“Max already loves our child so much...”

That made Liz to stop in surprise. Was Tess really pregnant with Max’s baby?

Liz didn’t have time to wonder about it, because Tess raised her hand towards her. Confused, Liz widened her eyes, as she saw a bright light coming out of Tess’ hand and flying fast to her.

Liz remembered the sharp pain, before everything went black.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hey, is someone still reading this? :? :wink: Surprise, surprise, but I have an update this time. Even Part 22 is almost ready (it's written, but beta hasn't read it). So, I'm good...Right?

Anyway, I made another banner for this story today. The first banner for this story was one of the first banners I have ever made and well...I wanted to do another one, better, but in the end I'm not sure if that worked, since the new one is kind of simple as well. :?

Part 21

They passed the huge iron gates and went inside the palace’s gardens. Ava frowned when she noticed the dead trees and flowers. There were no longer any birds, the swans didn’t spend their time in the small waterfall.

Everything looked so dead. And grey. There was no longer a sun in the sky, just grey clouds. Everything had changed and it was all her fault, Ava reminded herself.

If only she had accepted and married Khivar and Zan had married Serena. They would have been unhappy, but maybe after some time they would have learned to love their partners? Ava shook her head to clear the regrets from her mind. There wasn’t anything they could do now. It was too late.

They didn’t talk to each other, just silently walked to the palace, which Ava and Jadan had used to call home. Yes, their father had been unfair to them, but he was their father, their family.

Rath and Jadan walked ahead first, ensuring there was no enemy hiding, waiting for them. Then, Vilandra and Caia followed, holding each other tightly. They were followed by Ava and Zan, the six of them making their way to the now dead palace. Zan was holding Ava tightly and she was grateful for that. Although she wanted to be strong and support the others, the tears were running down to her cheeks and her legs felt weak.

Silently, they reached the huge palace’s doors. Usually there were guards, protecting the royal family, but now only dead bodies covered the ground around the door. Ava carefully stepped over them and she swallowed as she recognized a particular guard. His family had served hers for centuries and now...he was dead. In a way, his death was meaningles, since the royalty and kingdom he had vowed to protect no longer existed.

After they entered the palace, they didn’t have to go far to find their families. Both Vilandra and Caia started to weep and sob loudly as they noticed their mothers and fathers lying on the floor. The smell was unbearable, but they didn’t notice it, their eyes focused on the dead bodies around them.

Everyone they loved and cherised, were lying there, unmoving.

Although they didn’t speak a word to each other, they all knew this wasn’t the end. Khivar and Serena would be coming to kill them. It was most likely their plan all along; kill their families first causing them pain and guilt, then kill them.

And it worked. Ava felt guilty. They all did.

There was still poison in the air and Ava felt weak. But they all wanted to end this as quickly as possible and no one said anything as Rath gave the others little bottles filled with fluid. Everyone knew what the bottles contained. Words weren’t needed.

Hope was gone. Perhaps they would meet each other in the next life, but would they recognize each other? Would they be happy?

The last thing Ava saw was Zan’s eyes, before everything went black.

It was over.

Finally.

„She is waking up!”

„What? No, it’s just your imagination.”

„No, really, I saw her hand move.”

„Yeah, then according to you, it’s the tenth time she is waking up in the last hour, Maria,”

Those words were the first ones Liz heard. She didn’t know what had happened with her or even where she was. The last thing she remembered was seeing Max and Tess together in those pictures. But after that – nothing. What had happened?

Liz felt tired, but at the same time she could feel changes in herself and in her body. Suddenly remembering the baby, Liz opened the connection and sighed in relief, when she realized that the baby was okay. She and Max’s child hadn’t been harmed.

Slowly and unsteadily Liz opened her eyes, only to see Maria and Michael near her bed.

Maria gasped as she noticed Liz’s open eyes, „See?” she told Michael, „I told you she was waking up!”

The blonde came closer, „How are you, Liz? Are you in pain? Do you want something? A drink? Food? Watch some „Tom&Jerry” cartoons? Maybe I can make you some tea?” she asked hurriedly.

Liz smiled, this was the old Maria she knew so well, „I-I’m good,” Liz replied and moved a little, surprised that she didn’t feel any major pain. Inside her body was tired but apart from that, she felt fine.

She looked around the room. She was in their bedroom, in their bed, but where was Max? He owed her an explanation.

„What happened?” Liz asked, „Why am I in bed?”

Maria quickly glanced over at Michael, before turning her head back to Liz, „What do you remember?” she asked.

Liz concentrated on remembering more, but all she could recall were a few blury images with Tess, „I don’t know,” she replied quietly, „I remember being in the living room. Max was already gone and...I-I was looking at some pictures,” she swallowed the lump in her throat. She wasn’t sure whether to tell Maria and Michael about those pictures.

She wanted Max.

„Where is Max?” she asked then.

Maria smiled and sat down on the bed, besides Liz, „He will be home soon, don’t worry,”

Liz felt weird, something was wrong and Maria wasn’t telling her something. What was she hiding?

„What happened?” Liz asked again, „I don’t remember how and why I got into this bed,”

When neither Maria or Michael said anything, Liz repeated her request, „Come on, guys, you’re starting to scare me,” she admitted, „What the hell happened?” she asked once again, this time rather nervously. What didn’t they want to tell her? Why?

„Sweetie, you shouldn’t worry about it, it’s not good in your condition, you’re still weak,” Maria said gently.

„Besides, I think Max should tell you everything,” Michael interfered, „He is the one you should talk with.”

Liz shook her head, „He isn’t here, Michael, but I want to know the answers,” she pointed out.

Suddenly they all heard the front door opening and closing a moment after.

Maria smiled weakly, „That must me Max,” she said, „Michael, why don’t you go, tell him that Liz is awake,” she suggested and Liz watched as he left the room.

As soon as Michael left, Maria started her usual rant, but Liz blocked her voice out and concentrated on the voices in the living room. She heard Michael at first, telling Max something she couldn’t hear. And then she heard Max, she would recognize his voice anywhere.

But they weren’t the only ones. Liz could hear other voices, many voices. Five, perhaps six or even more, she couldn’t hear them well. For the hundreth time in the evening, Liz found herself wondering, what the hell was going on?

There was a knock at the door and a moment later, Michael came in.

„Let’s go, Maria,” he said, „We have to go, but Max will come in soon,” Michael explained and they both rushed out of the room, leaving an utterly confused brunette behind.

She heard as the door opened once again and all the voices faded out, leaving the apartment in complete silence.

Feeling frustrated, a few minutes later when Max still didn’t come in, Liz threw the covers away and started to pull herself out of the bed.

„I wouldn’t do that, if I were you,” she heard Max’s voice and turned her head to the door where Max was standing. She hadn’t heard him come in.

He rushed to her and helped her get back into bed. Lovingly and gently, he stroked her hair for a while, before placing a kiss on her forehead, „I was so worried about you,” he mumbled against her skin and Liz could hear worry in his voice.

„What happened?” Liz asked again, „Why didn’t Maria tell me anything?”

Max pulled away from her slightly and sat down on the bed, taking her hand into his, „Liz,” he took a deep breath, „Before I start telling you everything, there is something you should know first.”

Liz noticed that he was nervous and she frowned at how bad he looked. His eyes were red and it was obvious that he hadn’t shaved for days. He looked tired. And scared.

„What?” Liz asked quietly.

„I love you, Liz,” Max smiled, „Please, don’t forget that, okay? Never doubt my love for you, Liz, because I have always loved you,”

Liz nodded, while trying to not to cry.

Max continued, „I’ve lied to you,” he admitted, „Although recently I’ve found out that you were hiding something from me too,”

Liz’s eyes widened and her heartbeat increased even more. Did he know the truth about her? About her being an alien?

She opened her mouth to say something, anything, but no words came out. What would she say anyway?

„We have been fools, Liz,” he said sadly, „We have been so scared to lose each other and now we have lost years. Secrets have divided us, but even with lies we were and are happy and....in some way I wouldn’t change anything, because everything that has happened lead us to this point. And now we’re together, I’m your husband and you’re my wife, we love each other,”

Liz sat on the bed frozen, not being able to do or say anything, even as Max leaned towards her and kissed her slightly, „I love you, Ava,” he said after that.

I will try to update soon. Friday or Saturday hopefully. :wink:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hey, believe it or not, but I'm back with the next part. As you can see, I'm really trying to finish this story. :wink:

clueless - the information what happened with Tess you will find in part 23. :wink:
LairaBehr4 - hey there. So, I didn't make you to wait long, right? :wink:
midnightstar29 - part 22 is about Max and Liz's talk, about Tess and some more about their past lifes you will find in part 23. :wink:
pandas2001 - hmm, I guess I have to repeat again about Tess. :lol: Didn't notice at first that many of you are kind of 'worried' about her,lol. Anyway, name Serena for this fic and Tess didn't come from me. This story actually came out from the challenge (maybe I will post the original challenge at the very end) and well this person already gave me all those names: Serena, Jadan, Caia...
Timelord31 - thanks. :)
loviedovie -don't worry, Tess won't bother them anymore. :twisted:

Part 22

„I love you, Ava,” Max said.

Liz stiffened as the images started. In her head/mind she saw everything; even her ‘dream’ was repeated over and over again, until she knew one thing for sure.

She, princess Ava, had found him. She had found Zan.

Or maybe it was the other way around? Maybe Zan had found her first?

Liz smiled weakly, still feeling disorientated by everything. But at the same time, the newfound feeling and information calmed her. It was like, she had always known it, but now...It was the truth.

„Zan,” Liz whispered and looked into his eyes. If she concentrated enough, she could see him, her Zan. His eyes were the last thing she had seen as princess Ava.

Max pulled her into a fierce hug as she started to cry. But this time they were happy tears, she had found her prince, her soulmate.

„I can’t believe we have been together for so much time without telling each other the truth,” Liz whispered a moment later, feeling a little bit better, „It would have been easier to enjoy our life together, if I hadn’t kept this....secret in my heart,”

„I know,” Max agreed, „But at least we all know the truth now,”

Max’s words made Liz wonder, „Wait...If you’re Zan, does that mean that Michael and Isabel...?” Liz asked unsurely. Had they been so lucky as to find their friends as well?

He smiled, „Yeah, Michael is Rath and Isabel, just like in our previous life, is my dear sister, Vilandra. And I already know about Caia and Jadan,” Max said.

„Wait,” Liz said as she pulled herself out of Max’s arms, „How do you know all of this?” she asked confused. It wasn’t that she wasn’t happy about it, but...she wondered how he had found out the truth.

„Our friends have known for a looong time,” Max chuckled, „Maria and Michael have known for years and Alex and Isabel told each other everything before their wedding as well,” he said.

„Yeah,” Liz sighed, „But we weren’t brave enough,” she said somehow sadly, „What does it mean, Max? Why did everyone else take this step, but us? Is their love stronger than ours?”

Max shook his head fiercely, „Don’t ever think that, Liz, I love you and you love me. It wasn’t because we didn’t love each other enough, maybe it was because we loved each other so much and were afraid to lose each other,” he explained.

„I’ve tried to tell you many times, but I always got scared in the end. I was afraid you would feel disgusted that you’re with me, with an alien, and you would leave me,” Max continued, „I know it was wrong, that you had the right to know, but I just couldn’t imagine my life without you. I was too afraid to lose you, Liz,” he explained, „Can we start our relationship again?”

Liz opened her mouth to say a clear ‘yes’, but an image popped into her head. Max and Tess’ picture, „I...I would like to know more about Tess first,” she said.

Liz saw Max’s frown, „Where does she stand in all of this? Why was she always around you and why was there a picture of you kissing her?” she tried to ask as calmly as possible, but anger and frustration could be heard in her voice. At the same time, Liz could see the same emotions in Max’s face.

„You shouldn’t worry about her anymore,” he told her, „Tess was the bad piece in...everything. Because of her many of us were unhappy for a long time.”

„As soon as Tess came to town, she approached us and said that there is was this thing called ‘Destiny’. She explained, that I was a king Zan on Antar and she was my Queen, while Michael/Rath was my second and Isabel/Vilandra was his wife,” Max explained, „And we ...actually believed her,” he added sadly, „I, Isabel and Michael...we had lived in the shadows for a long time and we listened to the newfound information. We wanted to know and to believe. She knew about our real home, our origins, things we wanted to know about all our lives,”

„But then the bad part began,” he continued, „She started demanding...things. Tess wanted me to be her boyfriend, she even expected us to marry as soon as we finished high school. She even made or rather tried to push Michael and Isabel together, but that didn’t work. Then she started telling us that we shouldn’t date or be with humans, that it would harm them in some way,” he stood up and went to the drawer, from which he produced that antique ring Liz had found in the hall many years ago.

„Even with the help of this ring, Tess had tried to convince me to be with her,” he said, „Tess stated that it was her ring. When I was touching it, I could feel...love and for some time I even believed I actually had some feelings towards her. But then you came and my life changed. My feelings towards Tess disappeared completely, inside the image of you built a fire in my heart, but...Tess’s words, that we can’t be with humans, were in my head and I was miserable that I couldn’t be with you, because of who I am,”

Max smiled at some memory, „I was so jealous because of Kyle, there was a moment when I hated him with passion. I was miserable without you, while he was flirting and going out with you, but I’m glad it ended soon,” he chuckled.

„In the end, I threw out the ring and broke up with Tess completely,” Max said as he put the ring back in the drawer.

„But she wasn’t okay with this, was she?” Liz asked.

„Yeah, she wasn’t very happy and she continued to hang out with us and there wasn’t anything we could do about it, she was part of the family and other than being demanding she didn’t do any harm. After high-school, she disappeared from our lives and we all thought she was over this Destiny crap,” Max said, „We all had regular meetings, discussing our dreams about our past lives and Tess was there, but she didn’t do anything bad,”

Liz nodded, she already suspected that there was something wrong with Max’s trips.

„But deep inside, she wasn’t okay with your marriage to me,” Liz more stated than asked, „I got many pictures of you and Tess and in one you were kissing her,” she said.

„They are false,” Max shook his head fiercely, „Yes, we could be seen together because we all were meeting once in a month, but nothing more, Liz. I never kissed her. I have never cheated on you, Liz,”

And Liz believed him. Max had Zan’s soul.

A thought came, „If Tess is an alien from home, does it mean that she is....Serena?” she asked unsurely.

„Yes,” Max nodded, „At first she said that her name was Ava and since we all got our memory back just recently, we, and escpecially I, believed her. But all this time we had kept Serena by our sides. An enemy,”

Liz yawned, she felt tired.

Max smiled, „You should rest for a moment,” he suggested as he pulled a blanked and wrapped it around her.

„No,” Liz protested, „I still have many questions,” she said, wanting to know everything, even despite her tiredness.

Max smiled, „Don’t worry, Liz, you really don’t have to worry about anything now. You’re safe and I will be here when you wake up. You will get your answers, but you have to think about yourself and our son first,” he said gently.

Liz thought about it, before agreeing unwillingly, „Okay, I guess you’re right,” she said and lowered her head until she felt the pillow.

Liz yawned again and her eyes closed. Vaguely she felt Max’s short kiss on her forehead.

Suddenly her eyes opened and she sat up, „Wait,” she cried and Max immediately rushed back to her.

„What?” he asked, „What it is? Are you in pain?”

Liz shook her head, still trying to process everything.

Max looked into her eyes, searching for the reason that made her wake so suddenly, „Tell me, Liz, you’re worrying me,” he said.

„How do you know?” Liz whispered.

When she saw Max’s confused expression, she added, „About the baby,”

Max smiled widely as he placed bothy their hands on Liz’s stomach, „I had to connect with you and...I was surprised to find out that I wasn’t connecting just with you, but with our son as well,” Max chuckled at the memory. He was indeed confused back then.

„Oh,” Liz said. So, Max knew and she felt disappointed somehow. She had wanted to tell him personally. Although he had found out from her, from her body, she had missed his expression and emotions when he had discovered it.

„A-Are you happy about it?” she asked. She and Max hadn’t talked about kids and she wasn’t sure what to expect. Was he happy? Was he worried that they were bringing another alien into the world?

Max didn’t say anything, instead he lowered his lips to hers and kissed her.

Almost immediately Liz could feel another set of emotions. His emotions.

When they finally broke their kiss, both Max and Liz had huge smiles on their faces. Although she didn’t know everything, Liz knew one things for sure, Max was more than happy about her pregnancy.

And thanks to Maya! :wink:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Yay, I'm again posting another part. :wink:

clueless - Tess' destiny is written in this part. :wink:
jamy21 - I think so, the story is almost finished. :wink:
LairaBehr4 - lol, not exactly an update as soon as you have wanted, but....I was writing another story "Crazy Little Thing Called Love" (which will be posted soon) and, although I had the part last evening, I was too tired to post it. :| :wink:
POM - thanks, I'm glad you like this story. :wink:
loviedovie - the other questions will be answered in this part. :wink:

Part 23

After that Liz and Max talked about their son, then Liz fell asleep, with Max’s arms around her.

When Liz awoke a couple of hours later, Max wasn’t by her side anymore, but she knew he had only left a few moments before because the sheets were still were warm. Liz smiled as she recalled their talk. She and Max were going to be parents.

Liz frowned, when she heard voices in the living room. She wanted to continue their talk, but how was it possible with guests in their home?

Despite sleeping well, Liz’s body still felt tired and she found herself getting up from the bed slowly and steadily. She had to look after herself, Liz reminded herself, she was now protecting their baby as well.

Slowly she approached the bedroom door. As soon as she opened it, she could hear the voices clearer.

„She is sleeping now,” Liz heard Max’s voice.

„Did you tell her?” Isabel’s soft voice asked.

„Not everything, we still have a couple of things to talk about,” Max replied.

„Hopefully you aren’t putting this on hold, again, are you, Max?” Liz heard Alex’s voice, but she had never heard him speak so sternly. This was a side of Alex she had never seen.

There was a silence. Liz noticed that she was basically eavesdropping and she frowned at the situation. Why would she listen in the shadows? She had the right to know and participate in their talk.

As soon as Liz took a step ahead, she heard another man’s voice and that made her stop.

„Have you told her about me?”

Liz took a step back. What was he doing here?

„No,” Max replied, „She still doesn’t know about you....or Kyle...or Tess for that matter,”

Liz didn’t wait another minute, instead she stepped into the living room. Immediately all eyes turned towards her and Isabel let out a quiet gasp.

Liz looked around the room.There were even more people than she had thought. Maria was sitting on the couch, Michael besides her, his hands rubing Maria’s back slowly. Not so far from the door Isabel and Alex were standing. Those were the people Liz expected to be here, they were her closest family now.

What did surprise her, were the others. Why was Kyle was here? And why was Mr. Pierce sitting on her couch?

Then Liz looked at Max and her anger and frustration slowly disappeared. His face was so...calm, so collected, that Liz couldn’t help but feel calmer as well.

„What’s happening?” she asked in a calm voice.

All eyes turned to Max as they expected him to make the first move.

„Why aren’t you in the bed?” he asked, „You shouldn’t be up,”

Liz sent him a look that said everything. She wanted the answers and she wanted them now.

Mr. Pierce stood up, „Come here, you really should sit down,” he told her as he walked away from the couch, leaving a spot for Liz to sit down.

She didn’t say a word as she sat down. When a moment passed and no one said a word, she spoke, „Well? How long are you going to continue this silence?”

Max coughed, clearing his voice, before saying, „As you probably know or suspect, there are still a couple of things that you should know,” he said.

„Yes, I know,” Liz said in a slightly annoyed voice. Why wasn’t Maria talking? Normally, it was impossible for Maria to keep quiet and Liz would know everything by now. But no, she was sitting on the couch, rubbing her pregnant belly and keeping her mouth shut.

„May I?” Mr. Pierce asked, his eyes on Max.

When Max nodded, Mr. Pierce started his story, „I know, it’s probably very confusing for you to see all of us here, in your home, but...there is a reason, Liz. For years I have watched, monitored you. I wasn’t there just because of your Mom, Nancy, it was my duty to keep an eye on you,”

He paused, before continuing, „I know everything about you, aliens, Antar...How can I not?” he chuckled, „I am an alien and had lived on Antar as well. You all have seen dreams in the last years, some sooner, some later, but all of them were the same, telling you about your nation, your people, your history...your family.”

„As you all already know, you were royalty,” he said, „Ava, Zan, Vilandra, Jadan, Caia and Rath were your names, and....then there was Khivar and Serena as well. You, Ava, had to marry Khivar and Zan had to become Serena’s husband, but you and Zan decided to marry, breaking your promises to Khivar and Serena. Serena became furious and did everything she could to destroy your families and the planet.”

„And she did it. She poisoned the water and air. People died. Birds, plants, trees, animals....everything was dead. Even the sun was gone,” he said sadly, „But...she didn’t know one thing. Your parents had a secret laboratory with scientists underground and the scientists didn’t die, since they had water and air reserves,” he explained, „When Serena and her men came into the palace they found the sea of death bodies, but Serena didn’t see what she was looking for. You, Zan, Jadan, Caia, Vilandra and Rath were gone, scientists had taken you down to the laboratories and were able to reincarnate you and send you to Earth.”

Mr. Pierce paused as he watched the emotions on Liz’s face.

„W-Wow,” was all Alex could say.

„What about Serena, what happened with her?” Liz asked.

„She did everything possible to get to Earth as well. By accident, coming to the palace, Khivar died as well and soon after that Serena killed herself, but before she did so she made her scientists promise that they would reincarnate both her and Khivar and send them to Earth,” Mr. Pierce explained.

Liz listened as a thought came, „Wait,” she said, „How do you know all this?”

Mr. Pierce lowered his head, before taking a deep breath and looking at Liz, „Because I have been reincarnated as well, Liz, I’m yours and Jadan’s father,” he told her.

As he said it, Liz quickly looked at Alex and was shocked that he didn’t look surprised at all. ‘So, he probably already knows,’ she thought.

„Oh,” Liz said quietly.

Mr. Pierce continued, „And you should know something about Kyle as well,” he told her and Liz lifted her eyes to Kyle, who was now standing besides Mr.Pierce, „He was Khivar,”

„And Tess was Serena,” Max added.

Liz stood up, not wanting to sit anymore, and started pacing around the room, „Wow, now so many things make sense,” she whispered more to herself.

„What else should I know?” she asked louder, for all to hear, „What happened last night? Why don’t I remember anything?”

Max came closer and wrapped his arms around her, „Shh, Liz, you have to stay calm, the baby doesn’t need any added stress,” he whispered in her ear.

„I blocked your memory,” Max said a moment later.

„Why?” Liz asked, „Why did you do such a thing?”

„I blocked the last day, because it was too painful for you and like I mentioned, you don’t need any added stress or pain at the moment,” Max explained, „You have enough with the newfound information about your father and family. I will tell you what happened, but you won’t have your full memory for a couple of days, I programmed it that way,”

„Ok,” Liz agreed. If Max had done such a thing, there had to be a good reason, Liz convinced herself.

Max started re-telling the events of the last days, „The last thing you remember was seeing me and Tess in those pictures, right?” he asked and, when Liz nodded, continued, „Then you....left the apartment for a night and we all didn’t know where you were,” Max said, his voice full of emotions, „Even Daniel and Kyle came to Boston and helped us to search for you, but...we didn’t have to look far. When we came here, after searching the whole town for you, we discovered you and Tess in the apartment,”

„Tess had hurt you,” Max said, more whispered, „I immediately went to heal you, but somehow Tess managed to work another blast and was aiming it at us,” he said quietly, „I saw it at the last moment and didn’t have any other choice than simply turning the energy back to the source and...it went straigth to Tess and ...killed her,”

Liz felt tears in her eyes and she turned around and hugged Max, „You were my hero,” she whispered and they both stood there for a couple of moments, in each other’s arms. When they broke apart, they were surprised to see the apartment empty again.

Apparently the others had left, leaving them in privacy.

Somehow Liz managed to smile at the thought. There weren’t any secrets between them anymore.

Yes, she and Max still had a long road ahead of them, both needing to heal and heal completely, but Liz knew that everything would eventually work out. There simply wasn’t any other way. She loved Max and she would never let him go.

The epilogue should be out in a couple of days. :wink:
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Hey, like I promised, here is the epilogue for you. Well, I guess this is the end. :( Thanks to everyone who read this fic.

Epilogue

Liz laughed at one of Alex’s jokes as she looked around at all the people in the room. Everyone, was laughing with her and Liz wished she could pause this moment, she had never felt this happy.

<center>Is this a dream?
If it is
Please don't wake me from this high
I've become comfortably numb
Until you opened up my eyes
To what it's like
When everything's right
I can't believe
</center>

It had been more than a year, since Liz had found out the truth about the other aliens. At first it was kind of hard to get used to the fact that Mr. Pierce was her father in that previous life. But with time, both she and Alex learned to trust him. He was always welcome in their homes.

Then there was Kyle. He was actually a decent guy and Liz was glad to have him as her friend. In the previous life he had never hurt her or betrayed, just loved her. Once he had told Liz that at one point he had deep feeling for her, especially in high-school, but Kyle wasn’t blind. He had seen how in love both Liz and Max were with each other and tried to do everything possible to forget Liz and move on.

Liz was glad when Kyle came to her to tell that he actually had a girlfriend. Of course, somtimes Max was still suspicious of Kyle, but was slowly accepting him as their close friend. It didn’t hurt that Kyle had just announced that he was going to marry his girlfriend.

Liz let her gaze slip to Maria and her family. Maria and Michael had a pretty little girl. Everyone noticed how Michael had changed through the years. Back in the high-school he had been a rebel, a rough guy and no one had ever imagined that he would be married, with a child and happy with his life.

Alex and a very pregnant Isabel were sitting on the couch. Isabelle was due anytime now and poor Alex was so nervous about it. He was running after Isabel’s hospital bag every time she touched her belly.

Their lives had all changed even more. They all had moved back to Roswell and were now living on the same street. They all had wanted to be closer to their parents and after all Roswell was the place they had been born, where their pods were. Max and Liz found them soon after coming back to Roswell.

<center>You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
You found me
</center>

Liz now had a huge house with a backyard, just like she had always wanted.

Even their parents were here. Amy, Nancy, Evans’ family, even sheriff Valenti (Kyle’s ‘Dad’) knew everything about them.Needless to say, Liz was scared to tell her mother the truth at first. But now, she and Nancy were close, closer than they had been in high school and Liz finally felt that she had a mother.

And then, by her side as always, was Max.

<center>So, here we are
That's pretty far
When you think of where we've been
No going back
I'm fading out
All that has faded me within
You're by my side
Now everything's fine
I can't believe
</center>

Liz remembered back to almost a year ago, Max surprised her with another proposal.

Liz gasped as Max lowered himself on one knee and produced a ring from no where.

„Liz,” he said, „I know we have lied to each other and we got married without knowing the truth, but...I want to vow my love for you, without fear in my heart, so...Elizabeth Evans, will you marry me? Again?”

Liz had been too shocked to make her voice work and had simply nodded. Lowering herself to be level with him, she pressed her lips against his and kissed her husband.

Max was laughing, along with the others, but in his arms he was holding their son.

Maria was the first alien who had a baby and in some way she was the experiment for all them, since they didn’t know anything about alien’s pregnancy and labour. They all had worked hard and studied how to deliver a baby, because they couldn’t risk going to a hospital.

But when after twelve hours of labour, little Caia was born and everything was normal, Liz could risk delivering in a hospital.

Max and Liz named their son Zan, just like Maria and Michael had given their daughter Maria’s past name and Liz suspected that they would soon have a little Vilandra or Jadan as well.

<center>You found me
When no one else was lookin'
How did you know just where I would be?
Yeah, you broke through
All of my confusion
The ups and the downs
And you still didn't leave
I guess that you saw what nobody could see
You found me
</center>
Liz smiled at Max. She had found her soulmate.

<center>The End</center>

The song: You Found Me by Kelly Clarkson