Memories/My Immortal (AU, M/L, Mature) COMPLETE

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 10

Liz looked down the hallway curiously before making her way to her apartment. Quietly, she took her keys out of her purse, trying to not to make a sound. At that one moment, Liz felt ashamed of herself.

Here she was – a grown woman trying to sneak into her own apartment.

She had several reasons to hide. One of them being Max Evans. She had promised herself and Tess not to go on a date with him, but she hadn’t talked with Max about it. It was one thing to know what she had to do, but to actually do it was something entirely different.

So, Liz had used the opportunity and had spent the whole day on a date with Adam. Liz sighed; he was a great man. If she hadn’t known Max Evans, she would probably love a man like Adam, but...Her curse and blessing was to know Max. She would never love another man other than Max, no matter how much she wanted it.

During the day, Liz had also ignored Tess’ calls and that was the other reason for her sneaking in. Liz maybe didn’t even worry that much about Max. Tess had told her that he now lived with Isabel; that meant one floor up, but...Tess was still beside her, breathing down her neck about what she had to do. Liz now clearly understood the pressure Max had felt when Tess had been trying to convince him of the whole destiny thing.

Hurriedly, but quietly, Liz opened the door and came inside her apartment. Either Tess wasn’t home or she had finally given the other girl a break.

Liz sat down on the couch and checked her missed calls. Most of them were from Tess, but one call caught Liz’s attention and she dialled the number.

“Hey!” Liz quietly said, even the walls had ears; you couldn’t be too careful.

“Hi,” Liz heard his voice.

“Can you talk?” she asked still quietly.

“Yes, Jake, our plans have changed, we will be in Boston already tomorrow,” he said and Liz gasped. They would be here tomorrow? Liz knew that she wasn’t ready for that. Meeting Max was hard, but what about Maria, Alex and Michael? They were a different story and since they were going to live in the same building, there was no way they wouldn’t meet eventually.

“Ok, the coast is clear,” he breathed in relief, “So, where were you today? I tried to call you,” he asked concerned.

“Everything is fine, I was just busy, it’s not like we are talking about everything, I’m not waiting for your call,” Liz said a little bit irritated, he sometimes was acting like he was her overprotective big brother, but he wasn’t.

“Hey, hey, don’t start throwing insults, okay?” he said back, “We agreed to not to talk often, just if it is a emergency and well...this is kind of an emergency,” he admitted.

“If you are talking about your all move to Boston, then I already know about it,” Liz said, “I ran into Max yesterday actually,”

“You’re kidding, right?” he asked surprised, “How in the hell is that possible?”

“Neither you, nor Tess warned me about all this!” Liz cried, some part in anger. Geez, two people had known that she had lived in Boston, but still...no one had actually tried to warn her. Nothing.

“Liz, I haven’t seen the apartment, only Max and Isabel have been there, they picked it out and arranged everything,” he defended himself.

“It doesn’t matter anymore,” Liz tiredly said as she rubbed her forehead. She needed a good night’s sleep.

“What you mean by that?” he asked.

“I met Max and he asked me on a date, I agreed, but now I am trying to find a way to break his heart again...Nothing new, the same as usual,” Liz shrugged, “Oh, and in case you didn’t know Max has already broken up with Tess and is living with Isabel in her apartment,” she said.

“Okay, Liz, now you are seriously kidding, right? Max has been in Boston just for a couple of days, he can’t have done that much already!” he exclaimed, “Geez, I can’t believe it, how about the wedding, huh? Are you sure about it?” he asked once again.

“Tess told me herself,” Liz said, “By the way, is there any news about her? Is still everything clear? No Kivar, no Nicholas?” she asked.

“I don’t know about Boston, but here in Roswell, I didn’t notice anything unusual about her,” he informed her.

“We still need to monitor her,” Liz said sternly, “I don’t want to make the same mistake again. No matter how much I want her to be different, I’m still not sure about trusting her,” she admitted.

“Yeah, I know that feeling,” he replied sadly, “When are you going to tell Max about this?” he asked.

“You know that is the last option, he asked me to not to tell him,” Liz replied and started to pace in her living room, “We have talked about it numerous times, why you can’t simply accept my decisions?”

“Because you always want to put everything on your shoulders, Liz. It’s not right and you know it. Max will be very angry when he finds out and I’m sure he will find out the truth,” he said, “He probably won’t talk to me either, since I’ve known everything from the beginning, but that is a sacrifice I am willing to take,” he said sternly, “You have to tell him the truth; you can’t keep doing this,” he repeated.

“At least I wasn’t living with him, but you...you are living with your wife, but you haven’t told her our secret, have you?” Liz asked, she didn’t like the fact that he was trying to affect her. If she decided to tell Max the truth, she would do it on her terms.

“You aren’t letting me to do it!” he exclaimed into the phone, “How do you think I have been feeling the last eight years, huh? Spying on Tess while I had to lie to her!”

“You know we didn’t have any other choice,” Liz defended.

“Liz, there has to be some other way. I refuse to believe that Max has to marry her and still...he can’t know the truth. He won’t break in half, you know; you don’t have to protect him so much,” he said truthfully.

“Don’t I?” Liz asked surprised, “You can’t imagine how hard it was to hear all those things he said to me, all those things I remember...Sometimes it is too hard, but I’m still trying to do everything right,” she cried.

“Liz, in the end, someone will always get hurt, you can’t change that and in this situation...you can’t make everything right. Even if Max and Tess are together, neither of you will be happy,” he said this time quietly and sadly.

“I have to go,” Liz finally whispered.

“Okay, we will be there tomorrow, I guess then we will meet as well, bye,” he said before hanging up.

Liz looked at the phone. She knew he was right, but could she really let her heart to be free?

Max couldn’t get over how beautiful she was standing before him, dressed in a simple white cotton nightgown, reminding him that she had saved herself for him and only him.

He took 2 steps towards her nervously, his heart beating in his chest as he cupped her cheek in his hand and slowly bent down to brush his lips softly against hers

She responded immediately and groaned, fuelling him on. He needed more, so he slipped his tongue into her mouth. Their tongues met and duelled together; she tasted so sweet.

He began to trail kisses down her neck and when he reached a certain spot on her neck, she threw her head back with pleasure as his name left her lips, “Max,” her tone begging him to continue.

He pulled her straps down, revealing her perfect breasts. He traced one lightly with his finger, then unable to resist, immediately took the nipple in his mouth.

“Max, please,” she begged. He quickly picked her up and placed her on the bed, her hair fanning out across the pillow.

“Are you sure?” He asked her. He wasn’t sure if he could stop now but he knew this was her first time and didn’t want to push her if she wasn’t ready.

She nodded and a few seconds later, he had removed his shirt and pants and lay beside her on the bed clad in only his boxers. Running one hand through her hair, the other hand cupped her cheek as he took her lips hungrily once again.

He pushed her nightgown down over her hips and then removed his boxers.

She looked at him shyly as if unsure as to what to do. “Can I touch you?” she asked.

When she saw his nod, she slid her hands inside his boxers, once she had pushed them down his legs, she began running her hand along the side of his shaft.

Max hissed immediately and stopped her hand. This would be his first time too and if she kept up her ministrations, he knew it would be over before it began.

“Are you ready?” he asked her.

“Yes, Max.”

Max parted her legs gently and then moved between them. He ran his middle finger across her folds, to find her wet and ready for him. He inserted one finger into her slit, trying to make it easier for her.

He grasped his erection in his hand and entered her slowly. "This is going to hurt,” he whispered.

She nodded in understanding “Now, Max,” she said.

With one swift motion, he pushed through her barrier, immersing himself inside her completely, groaning at how warm and tight she felt.

She immediately winced in pain. Using all of his self-control, he remained still, giving her time to adjust. “Are you…?”

“I’m ok, Max.” She smiled down at him.

Max started to move slowly inside of her and within seconds, she was moving her hips, mimicking his actions.

The pleasure was building, their pace quickening with it. Max took one of her rosy nipples in his mouth. “Oh, god.” He could feel the tension building. “I’m so close.”

“Me too, Max,” she screamed as she went over the edge. The feel of her walls tensing around him sent him to his climax; he filled her with his seed and then collapsed on top of her. He immediately rolled them over onto their sides, fearing his weight would crush her.

“It was wonderful.” She nuzzled her face into his chest.

“Are you sore?” He asked her.

She shook her head, letting out a sigh of contentment, she snuggled up to him and they fell asleep.
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:05 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 11

It was still early morning, when Max started to wake up. His eyelids slowly but surely fluttered open and he looked at the ceiling, confused.

‘Something’s not right,’ was his first thought. He felt strange, perhaps even changed somehow. Max not only felt positively good, but he was happy for some reason as well; which made Max only more confused.

Max slowly became aware of his surroundings. This wasn’t his room or his bed. And why was he naked under the sheets?

But the most important question was: why was Tess sleeping by his side, apparently naked as well?

Panic shot through him when he remembered last night. Oh God, how he wished that it hadn’t happened, but it had. He remembered coming down to Tess’ apartment to take some of his things. One thing had led to another and…Max had actually slept with her.

And enjoyed it. Max clearly remembered the pure happiness he had felt last night. Tess hadn’t been the only initiator; he had been too.

He had wanted it.

Liz. What had he done? They were supposed to go on a date today. He had planned the whole day and now…how could he face her after he had slept with Tess? Max had broken up with her not so long ago and now he had slept with her? Liz probably wouldn’t understand. How could she understand, if Max was confused by it himself?

Were his chances with Liz ruined…again? The first time she had left Roswell, but he…although in theory it wasn't a bad thing, because he and Liz weren’t together. Besides Tess was his fiancée just a couple of days ago and Max had been sure that he was in love with her.

So why he was feeling guilty?

Was he feeling guilty because in some way he had betrayed Liz, although they weren’t a couple? Or was he feeling guilty because he didn’t want to stay with Tess, although last night they had taken that huge step in their relationship?

They had been each other’s first, like they had agreed so many years ago.

What was he going to do? Tess was against their break up before, what was she going to do now that they had slept together?

Was he really destined to be apart from Liz and to only be with Tess? Maybe he should stop fighting against it? Besides, the fact that he had wanted last night and also enjoyed it as well, planted doubts in his heart.

What exactly was he feeling? Maybe his feelings towards Tess were stronger and deeper than for Liz? That was the only good explanation for his actions last night, wasn’t it?

Suddenly Max felt Tess moving and looked down, only to see her eyes looking into his.

“Hey,” she whispered softly.

“Hi,” Max said back in a whisper as well. What was he going to say? They had slept together, no, that wasn’t the right word. They had made love last night, slowly and tenderly.

Tess closed her eyes and laid her head against his chest. She had repeated history once again.

Tess still clearly remembered the night they had slept together in the observatory. Even though it didn’t happen in this timeline, Tess still remembered. Just like Liz’s, her memories were fresh and vivid as well. It was like everything she had seen or felt happened only yesterday.

She saw hurt in Max’s eyes, just like after that night in the observatory.

‘Some things really don’t change, huh,’ she thought as she laid down again, this time her head on the pillow. This time she wouldn’t push Max to do anything, he would come to her willingly.

And he would, Tess was sure of it.

Perhaps she wasn’t his soulmate, but she had known him long enough. Tess was sure that Max would come to her and they would get married.

Oh God, how she hated it! Tess didn’t want to be Max’s wife, but it still hurt that he was choosing her over and over again, a human, not her – his wife, his queen. But after spending so many years with Nasedo, Tess was simply resigned to it.

Max didn’t love her.

So what? She wasn’t going to cry a river over him. It wasn’t like she was in love with him either.

Oh…how wrong it sounded? She wasn’t in love with him and Max didn’t love her either. He and Liz were in love, but couldn’t be together.

They couldn’t, especially now that she and Max had slept together. She wouldn’t let Max leave her now.

A small smile appeared on her face. She wasn’t going to do anything about it; Max would do everything instead of her this time.

“H-How are you?” Max’s voice broke the silence and Tess simply shrugged.

“Are you … sore?” he finally asked.

“A little,” she said quietly as she buried her face in the pillow.

“Hey,” Max said as he took her head and turned her to face him, “I-I can heal, if…” he started, but Tess cut him off.

“No, Max, really, don’t,” Tess persuaded, “There is no need for it,” she said and sat in the bed, without facing Max. A little prudence wouldn’t hurt, she thought.

“Umm, Tess,” Max said not sure what exactly to say. Oh, thank you for sleeping with me and giving me your virginity, but I don’t want you and there is no way I’m going to marry you?

No, he couldn’t say anything like that. Besides, maybe he had been wrong all the time? Maybe he was indeed in love with Tess without realizing it? They had been broken up just for one day and immediately after that, he had slept with her. Didn’t that mean something? Maybe his soul couldn’t live without her and had jumped so eagerly in her bed, because he…loved her?

“Do you want to talk?” Max finally asked as realization hit him. He was going to marry Tess; no doubting anymore. Maybe it was too soon to decide something like that, but Max was tired. He was fed up with hurting Tess and Liz on the way as well.

What if Liz has some feelings towards him too? And now, when he had asked her on a date, Max had given her false hopes? Liz would be hurt in the end as well.

How complicated everything was, Max thought as Tess looked into his eyes. Tess trusted him, he was the only boyfriend she’d ever had and probably her closest family as well.

“Um, not sure, Max,” Tess said uncertainly, “What are we going to do?” she asked the question they both wanted to know the answer to, “D-Do you r-regret last n-night?” Tess asked in a shaky voice, even as the tear slipped down her cheek.

Max sat up in the bed as well and softly kissed the tear, while his hands snaked around her, pulling the blonde girl into a hug, “I guess we have a wedding to organize,” he softly whispered into her ear.

He didn’t notice the bright smile that appeared on Tess face.

Later that day, Max stood up from the bed and dressed quietly. He looked at the girl in the bed briefly, before bending down a little bit and kissing her forehead. Lovingly, he brushed her hair from her face, but Tess didn’t stir. Max was grateful for it when he finally left her bedroom and apartment as well.

His heart was heavy when he approached the next door along and knocked softly. It was Sunday and the time of their date. When Max had knocked already for about five minutes, he was starting to think that Liz was not home.

Finally, just as Max had already turned to leave, the door opened and he looked back, surprised.

There she was. Liz.

“Hey, Max,” Liz said in friendly voice, “What are you doing here?” she asked.

Max for a moment just stared at her. What was wrong with her? Not only she had forgotten their date, but also there was something clearly wrong with her. Her voice friendly, but it didn’t show in her eyes. Her whole face was blank.

“Umm, remember we agreed to go out?” Max asked with a small smile. He wanted to go on a date with her, but…He couldn’t. Especially now. He was once again engaged and although he had already tried to persuade at least himself that it wouldn’t be a date, in his heart it didn’t feel like that.

If they went on a date, Max wasn’t sure he would be able to pull himself together. That wasn’t fair to either of them – Liz or Tess. If he had so willingly slept with Tess last night, that meant he had feelings towards her, right?

“Oh,” Liz looked surprised, “I’m sorry, Max. I totally forgot, I have a meeting this afternoon,” she said.

“Oh, that’s okay,” Max said. Maybe that was even better. “Then some other time, right?” he asked.

“Right,” Liz said, “Bye,”

Max watched as Liz hurriedly closed the door. They both knew what it meant; there wouldn’t be another date.

He and Liz Parker were over; although they hadn’t ever be anything more than friends. His dream was to get to know her, but apparently, it wouldn’t come true.

He had to face the real world and not live in the dream world, picturing how it would be to be together with Liz Parker.

Slowly, Max turned and walked back to his apartment and Tess.

In two weeks, he would be married.

To Tess.
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 12

Six months later

Max looked at himself in the mirror. He looked nice, Max thought.

‘Then why I don’t have a smile on my face?’ he thought back.

For a long time Max had thought that the wedding day, his wedding day, would be the happiest day in his whole life. Even when he had started to date Tess, Max hadn’t changed this thought. Although he hadn’t admitted it aloud, he had dreamed about this day as well, but...the bride wasn’t Tess.

It was Liz.

Max knew he was being ridiculous. They didn’t even know each other, at least, according to the others. In his soul, Max knew everything about her. She was the one, not Tess.

But Max had decided to go another way in his life, without Liz. And once again, it was all his fault, not someone’s else. He had slept with Tess and he had to take responsibility for his actions. But it still hurt to know that after today there never would be another chance for him and Liz.

Many things had happened in the last six months. After returning back to Tess’ bed, Max had talked with her and they both had decided to marry in six months, not in two weeks. Max was indeed surprised that Tess had taken it so calmly. Perhaps he really didn’t know her that well, huh? She was full of surprises, literally.

One month later, Tess had suspected that she was pregnant.

Max had never been more shocked that at that moment, when Tess was telling him that. The thought of a baby made the whole marriage...more serious. One moment he was thinking about dating Liz and the next, he was marrying Tess, who was perhaps pregnant. His whole life shattered in front of his eyes.

He wasn’t ready to be a father, not yet. Tess wasn’t mature enough to be a mother either.

When they both had found out, some time later, that Tess wasn’t pregnant, Max had never been so happy. But he quickly felt ashamed by that fact. Although he didn’t want children, he knew that the moment would come someday eventually.

Although Max had moved in back with Tess, they had still slept in different rooms and beds. Tess was against it for some time, but Max persuaded her that it would be for the best. For who? Max didn’t know.

In the last six months, Max had tried to be a perfect boyfriend. He bought Tess gifts, took her out on dates, helped her with dishes and took out the garbage. But...the feelings just weren’t there. As the time passed, Max’s feelings started to fade. His memories about that night, when he had slept with Tess, became unclear and blurry. And it wasn’t just the memory thing, he only saw Tess as his friend, not his girlfriend, not his lover, nor his wife.

There were so many reasons why he shouldn’t marry her, but he still was standing in the church, dressed and waiting to go out and wait for Tess at the end of the aisle.

Everyone would be there. His parents had arrived already a week before to help with everything. His mother was so excited that her only son was getting married. She liked Tess and couldn’t wait until she would become a grandmother. Diane had even given Tess her own wedding dress, which of course was re-sized and done only for Tess. That gesture meant a lot and spoke without words. His mother truly adored Tess. Philip was another story, he liked the blonde girl as well, but Max thought that he suspected that something wasn’t right in his son’s life. But Max’s dad hadn’t mentioned anything and Max was glad about it.

Isabel had been confused when Max had announced his marriage to Tess. He was truly ashamed to admit that he had slept with her, after he had so passionately defended his love for Liz. Isabel had even tried to persuade him not to marry Tess, but Max didn’t change his mind; and that caused some gaps in Tess and Isabel’s relationship. Max wasn’t sure, but he suspected that his sister had tried to talk with Tess about the wedding and probably said some not-so-good things to Tess, because there were some weeks when both girls hadn’t even talked with each other. And even after that, their talks were brief.

When Michael, Alex and Maria had come to Roswell, Max hadn’t told them anything about what had happened in Boston. He hadn’t wanted to talk about it. What would be the point in analyzing it over and over again? Tess would be his wife. End of the story.

But Max heart still shattered into million pieces when he had found out that Liz had moved out and he wondered if it was somehow connected with him.

He missed her. Before that, he hadn’t seen her for years, but those few days when he had known that she was so close to him, had been a miracle to him. He loved to have her close to him, where Max knew she was safe and he could protect her from everything in the world.

But she had disappeared from his life once again.

“Hey,” Michael said and Max snapped out of his thoughts.

“Hi,” Max replied and took his jacket, “Is it time yet?” he asked.

“No, don’t worry, you still have plenty of time,” Michael assured him, “I just wanted to talk with you,”

“About what?” Max asked, but he already knew the answer. After Liz’s disappearance he had acted different and pulled into himself, away from the others.

“I know everything about Liz,” he paused, “I want to know what exactly happened, Maxwell, you haven’t explained anything,”

“I don’t have anything to say,” Max shrugged and fixed his tie.

“Why aren’t you talking to Isabel anymore?” Michael asked, “She misses her brother, you know.”

“I’m right here,” Max replied and looked at Michael. He felt miserable when he saw pity in his best friend’s eyes.

“What’s wrong with you lately? You aren’t yourself anymore. Yes, you are right here, but your mind is somewhere else. Where? With Liz Parker?” he asked.

Max’s heart skipped a beat by hearing her name, “Why are you dragging her into this?” he asked tiredly.

“Because she means something to you, something more than Tess. Isabel told me everything about what happened in Boston while we still were in Roswell,” he said.

“Oh,” was all that Max said.

“Do you love her?” Michael suddenly asked.

Max didn’t withhold his answer, “Yes, I love her with all my heart,” Max replied and smiled as he imagined Liz in a white dress, walking towards him down to the aisle.

But his smile soon disappeared, “But I will be Tess’ husband in an hour,” he said and looked at his watch. The ceremony would start soon.

Michael simply nodded. He wasn’t able to say anything more, because the others came in.

When everyone else had left to take seats and Michael was alone with Max, he told, “Don’t do it, Max. Don’t ruin your life,”

Max felt tears in his eyes. Oh God, it was beyond everything. He didn’t want to cry on his wedding day, unless they were happy tears.

He wanted to cry because he didn’t want to marry Tess so much. What was so wrong with his life, with him, that he always was making bad decisions?

“I-I can’t do it,” he said, his voice shaky, “It’s too late for that,”

“It is never too late, Maxwell, you know it. Isabel and I, we always will be behind you and support you, whatever you are going to do,” Michael assured him.

“Thanks,” Max said and pulled himself together. He was going to get married today, no matter what Michael or his heart said.

Michael looked briefly in his watch, “It’s time,” he said sadly.

Within a minute, the both men were standing at the altar, waiting for the wedding to begin.

The music started playing and Max took a deep breath. That was it, he was going to marry Tess.

Max watched as Tess came down the aisle, his father right by her side, guiding her to his only son. For a moment, Max saw Liz instead of Tess and he smiled broadly. But as soon as it had started, Max’s vision disappeared and Tess was in front of him again.

He smiled warmly at Tess and they both turned at the priest. The whole ceremony was more or less blurry to him, but he heard loud and clear, when the priest was asking if he, Max Evans, was taking her, Tess Harding, as his wife.

The whole of Max’s being screamed no, but his lips weren’t moving.

In that single moment, everything changed. Max felt as his mind started to clear, like a fog had finally been lifted from him.

He remembered.

That night six months ago, he wasn’t looking into blue eyes. No, he saw brown, only brown. He remembered her brown hair, her soft skin, her...Max remembered her. Liz Parker.

Max grinned widely.

“No,” he said loudly as one single word was heard in the church.

“Aaahh,” he heard someone’s scream and he already knew who screamed. Max looked at the door and there she was.

Liz was standing at the door, her hands on her pregnant belly. Max heard another scream, before he watched as Liz fell down on the ground.
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 13

“Liz,” Max cried as he rushed to her side.

Although he was still in the church, ready to marry Tess, Max didn’t notice any of it. He didn’t see Tess’ shocked face, nor priest astonishment and even Diane’s open mouth didn’t reach his eyes.

He saw only Liz.

Max gently took her limp body into his arms and looked at her. She looked so fragile, he thought, so small in his arms.

He rocked her for a couple of moments, while his mind tried to find some solution, some plan to help her. Max didn’t know anything about her. Why she was here? Where had she gone for the last months? And…since Liz was pregnant, could Max hope that he would be a father soon?

Finally Max decided to heal her from whatever pain, but that was only then, when he noticed the situation he was in.

Everybody was standing around them, their mouths open and eyes wide.

Well, apparently Max would have to find some other place to help Liz. He stood up, with Liz in his arms and started to move to his chambers.

“Max,” he heard Tess’ shriek as he moved away from the altar and the wedding itself, “What the hell you think you are doing?” she hissed through the clenched teeth.

He waited until they were in some hallway far away from all people, before turning around to face her, “Listen, Tess, I don’t have time for you now,” he stated simply, really not caring about Tess.

On the one hand, Max knew that he probably should feel guilty or something like that. He had basically dumped Tess at the altar; she still was in her white wedding dress, but on the other hand, Liz needed his help.

“What?” Tess cried, trying to not to shout, “What you mean you don’t have time for me?” she asked hurt and angry, “We are in the church, Max,” she said.

“I know,” Max replied, starting to feel annoyed with Tess. Liz still was in his arms and he was worried about her. He wanted to go into his chamber and check Liz over, but Tess was preventing it.

“I’m in my dress and you’re in your tux,” she said again.

“I know, Tess,” Max said.

“We are supposed to get married today. NOW,” she cried.

Max took a breath before answering, “I won’t marry you,” he said simply, yet sternly.

Tess was too shocked to reply at first, “What?” she whispered and started to shake her head in denial, “You c-can’t do that!” she cried as tears started to flow down her cheeks.

“I can, Tess,” Max said and started to walk to his chamber again, hoping that Tess wouldn’t follow him or ask questions.

He hoped for it, but Tess still followed him.

“No, Max,” Tess said as Max put Liz down on the couch, “You can’t do something like that!” she cried as her voice become louder and louder.

“Tess,” Max said, now clearly annoyed with her behaviour, “What part didn’t you understand? I won’t marry you. End of story,” he said harshly. Maybe a little bit to harshly, he thought briefly. But she deserved it.

After everything that had happened, after many restless nights wondering what had happened with Liz and why he had so eagerly jumped into Tess’ bed, he didn’t feel sorry for the blonde anymore.

“What?” Tess said surprised at Max’s sudden outburst, “Who you think you are? Everything is ready for the wedding, you can’t back out now!” she cried.

“I can,” he repeated again, “Look, Tess, I’m kind of busy right now, can you please leave?” Max asked. Max had surprised even himself with his bold behaviour, but he was too tired to be the nice guy in all this.

“What has happened to you? You’re not the Max I know,” Tess said quietly.

“So, you thought you could play with me and I wouldn’t do anything?” Max asked incredulously, “I won’t stand for it anymore,”

“What? What are you talking about, Max?” Tess said surprised.

Max looked into Tess’ eyes, he had been with her for such a long time, but he didn’t know much about her. She was an enigma to him.

“I know everything,” Max said quietly and watched as Tess became paler.

“W-What?” Tess stammered. “Stop talking in riddles, Max,” she said a little bit later, more confidently.

But this time she couldn’t fool Max. He had noticed her pale face or the fear in her eyes.

He had won.

“I know that I didn’t sleep with you,” Max said, “It was Liz, not you. Even more, you made me believe that I had been with you, not with Liz,” he accused the blonde.

“NO,” Tess started to shake her head in denial, “I haven’t done anything like that, I don’t know why you think that I did,” she cried.

“Oh please, Tess,” Max rolled his eyes at Tess’ miserable attempt to fool him. “Don’t even try to convince me otherwise, it won’t work,” he said with a satisfied smile.

Tess wouldn’t hurt him or Liz anymore. He and Liz still had a long road ahead, but his road with Tess was over.

Max watched as Tess thought about something; then her face changed – her tears disappeared and she become more confident.

“Fine,” she spat, “You won. No, you didn’t sleep with me. Yes, you were with your Lizzie,” she said sarcastically, “So, are you satisfied now?” Tess asked.

Max couldn’t wait any longer, and before answering Tess’ question, he quickly checked Liz and when he didn’t find anything, he finally turned to the other girl.

“No,” he said and came closer to her, “I’m not satisfied,” he said as anger rose in him, “I want to know the truth,”

Tess opened and closed her mouth; she couldn’t say anything at all.

“Why?” he asked, “Why did you do such a thing?”

When Tess didn’t reply, Max continued, “I know you don’t love me, don’t even try to deny it,” he said, “So, why did you try so hard to break Liz and I up?”

Tess laughed, “Do you really believe that you and Liz have ever been together? I didn’t have to break the both of you up, you have never been a couple,” she said smugly.

Max laughed back, “You are avoiding my question, you know,”

Tess immediately stopped laughing and looked at Liz over Max’s shoulder, “Is she really worth it?” she asked, “You don’t know her, maybe she works for the FBI. Maybe it was her plan all over again to get to you,” she said as she watched Liz.

Tess turned her eyes back to Max, “Haven’t you ever thought about that possibility?” she said, hoping to see some doubt in his eyes.

But she didn’t see it in his eyes.

“Answer the question,” Max ordered.

“M – Max,” they both heard Liz’s weak moan and he once again rushed to her side.

Max took her hand into his. “Shh, don’t talk. Sleep, then we are going to talk,” Max said as he stroked her hair, “Shh,” he whispered into her ear, until he was sure that she was asleep again.

Max found a blanket and lovingly tucked it around Liz, while Tess was still in the room.

Tess laughed again, “What a fool you are,” she said. “You try to find some fault in me; that everything had happened with you and your precious Liz, is my fault,” Tess accused him.

“But you know what?” she asked, “Maybe I have lied and done some bad things, but she isn’t much better,” Tess spat.

“Believe me, you are going to regret that you trusted her,” Tess said, before turning around and walking out of the room, leaving behind a confused Max.

Liz whimpered in her sleep and Max kissed her forehead. She calmed down immediately, but Max couldn’t forget Tess’ words.

Was it really possible, that he didn’t know Liz as well as he had thought?
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 14

Liz didn’t even suspect where she was. At least not at first; but then suddenly, she felt him. Liz didn’t need to open her eyes; her heart had already confirmed it.

She was with him, with Max.

Panic shot through her body and mind. What had she done? What had happened? Were Max and Tess finally married? Was Max happy? Liz thought to herself and looked briefly at Max, who was standing by the window, watching something.

Only then did the realization hit Liz. Max, the love of her life, was in a tux and both of them were apparently still in the church.

‘Max is going to marry Tess,’ Liz thought. But then again...She remembered how loudly and clearly had he said ‘no’ to Tess. She didn’t know what to do, cry or laugh about that.

Liz’s eyes travelled down to his hand and sighed in relief, or maybe shock. He didn’t have a ring on his finger. Max hadn’t married Tess.

‘Daddy isn’t married,’ she thought, looking down at her round stomach. Liz immediately smiled slightly when she felt the baby kick.

Suddenly Liz felt tired. She had travelled such a long road, not only with her body, but with her spirit as well. Now she regretted many things and wished that she had never done them. But Liz knew she couldn’t change what she had done. Max had travelled to her from the future, but she never could do the same. He had been so much stronger than her, it would probably kill her; there wasn’t any point in thinking about it.

Max had changed everything, but Liz would try to fix her and also his mistakes.

FLASHBACK

“Oh, by the way, Max Evans is looking at you again,” Maria teased her best friend.

Liz blushed furiously and turned around to glance at Max, who looked away from her.

“Maria,” Liz said as she turned back to her best friend again, “That is so your imagination,”

“Oh, really?” Maria smirked, but they both frowned when they heard a loud crash in the backroom.

Liz looked around, but apparently they were the only ones who had heard anything.

“Come on,” Liz rushed Maria to the backroom, “We are in charge, remember?” she said, referring to the fact that her parents were in Las Cruces.

“Liz?” Maria asked in a shaky voice, she didn’t want to go out there, “Are you sure? I mean we could probably ask Max and his cute friend to look at it for us. It isn’t like I’m scared or anything like that, but the fact that there might me someone....” Maria rambled on.

“Maria,” Liz hissed, “Don’t be such a chicken, if you don’t want to go with me, I can do it alone,” Liz said and let go of Maria’s hand, who immediately took it back.

“No, Liz,” Maria said sternly, “We are best friends,” she reminded her, “We are going together,” she tried to sound as brave as possible, but failed when her voice started to shake slightly.

“It is probably just an animal,” Liz tried to assure Maria. “Or maybe the wind just knocked something,” Liz said as they walked into the backroom.

“See?” Liz asked, noticing a couple of cans on the floor, “They just fell down. No monsters, Maria,” Liz laughed, seeing Maria’s expression when she realized that there wasn’t any monster in the room.

“It isn’t funny,” Maria said, but laughed as well. “Okay, then I probably will get back to work,” she said and went back into the restaurant, leaving Liz behind alone in the room.

Liz bent down to pick up cans, but suddenly a hand, a male hand, covered her mouth, to prevent her from screaming.

“Shh,” he said and Liz frowned. She knew that voice, but she couldn’t remember who he was.

“I won’t hurt you,” he said again, “You don’t need to be afraid, Liz,” the secret man told a shocked Liz. What else did he know about her? Liz wondered.

She didn’t object when he lead her upstairs. Inside her mind, Liz realized that she basically didn’t know this man, but still...she was doing exactly what he told her to do.

Liz was totally under his spell.

Liz’s confusion about him increased when he led her through the apartment, directly into her room. He knew Liz and her home, but the girl didn’t even suspect his name.

Liz didn’t see her entire life before her eyes, instead she wondered about this man and why he knew so much about her.

Finally, they reached Liz’s room and took his hands away from Liz’s body. At first Liz wanted to turn around, to see who was he, but he placed his hands on her shoulders again, preventing her from turning around.

“I know you will be shocked, Liz,” he said, “But you need to know that you are my...our last hope,” he didn’t say anything for a moment, waiting her to say something, but when Liz didn’t even move, the man continued, “Terrible things will happen,” he said again, but Liz shivered as she felt his hot breath on her neck, “And...You have to prevent them. Liz, you have to prevent the end of the world,” he finally said.

Liz gasped and turned around, “What?!?” she yelled, but suddenly Liz couldn’t find her voice anymore. She saw him.

“What?” she gasped again and took a step back, “Who are you?” Liz asked, shocking even herself that her voice wasn’t shaking.

“Liz,” he said and came closer to her. But as soon as he came closer, Liz took a step back, the space still between them.

“No,” she whispered, “Don’t approach me. Who are you?” she repeated.

Liz watched as the man before her looked directly into her eyes, before answering, “You already know the answer,” he said, “I’m Max…you know that,” he came closer to Liz, using her current state of shock and took her hand in his, “It’s me, Liz,” he took her fingers to his cheek and closed his eyes as Liz’s fingers touched his skin.

“No,” Liz jerked away, “I-I don’t believe you, it isn’t possible,” she said and took another step back, “You’re lying, you’re not Max; he is in the Crashdown, drinking and eating his usual meal,” Liz said.

“I come from almost ten years in the future,” Max said, “In September 1999, you were shot and I saved you,”

“Wait a minute,” Liz said, without waiting for any further explanation, “What you mean?” she asked, already fearing his answer.

“I healed you,” Max explained as it was the most simplest thing in the world, “You were shot in the stomach and on the brink of the death. You were on the floor, nearly dead, I had to save you,” Max said and again came closer. Liz, mesmerized by his voice, didn’t move away.

“Here,” Max whispered as he traced the imaginary line on Liz’s stomach, “You almost died. I couldn’t let that happen; I healed you,” he said and looked up in her eyes, “I’m an alien, Liz,”

Liz opened her mouth, but nothing came out.

“I know...this is hard to believe, but...I’m telling the truth, Liz. The crash in 1947 happened and we are living proof of it,” Max said.

“We?” Liz questioned.

Max paused for a moment, thinking, “Me, Isabel, Michael, Tess and ... some others too,” Liz’s eyes widened and she wasn’t sure to believe him or not. She was barely sixteen years old, what did he want from her? Not to mention the fact that there were many aliens in the world. The unknown scared.

Liz still wasn’t used to seeing another Max, especially in her room. Her head was spinning and for a moment, she thought that was only a dream, a bad dream. But she had only to glance at Max to know it for sure; here, in her room, was Max from the future.

If time travel was possible, why not aliens? Crazy things happened to everyone, why not her?

Liz still was confused, “Why are you here, with me?” she asked, “I don’t even know you...I-I mean Max, but...I can’t prevent the end of the world or whatever you want me to prevent. You are wrong and you have to go to someone else,” Liz said and tried to push him out of her room.

“No,” Max said sternly, “You have to leave Roswell,” he told her then.

“Are you totally crazy? You can’t simply show up here and order me around, things don’t work that way,” Liz protested, “I’m not your property and I won’t leave my only home. You can’t make me,”

“Liz, if you don’t do what I say everyone will die,” Max said, “Maria, Alex, your parents, everyone will die,”

“No,” Liz cried softly, only at the thought about it, “Why are you doing this?” she asked brokenly.

“Even your...our child will d-die,” Max said, his own voice shaking.

“No, no, I don’t believe you,” the sixteen-year-old Liz Parker cried and tried to run away from him.

“Liz, you have to believe me, running away won’t solve anything,” he pleaded and his voice stopped her.

“I – I can’t,” Liz cried, “Please, leave me alone, I don’t deserve this,” she said and once again tried to leave.

But he had sealed the door.

“Please, leave me alone,” she pleaded as she slumped down to the floor, her cheeks wet with tears. What had she done to deserve this? Heck, she didn’t even know him...that well. Why he was coming to her? Why?

He sat beside her “I know it is hard for you, believe me, I know,” he said in a broken whisper, “I don’t want to do ... this either, but we don’t have a choice, Liz,”

“We?!” Liz shrieked, “I didn’t ask you to involve me in all this, why did you come to me?”

“You know that, Liz,” he said and Liz made one of the biggest mistakes; she looked into his eyes, “You are the only one I trust, please, you have to do this,” he pleaded.

“No,” Liz shook her head, “I’m sorry, but I can’t. I won’t help you. Go to someone else,” she said sternly and stood up to go out through her balcony.

Suddenly Liz felt a hand on her month, silencing her. His other hand went to her head and it was the last thing Liz remembered before everything went black.
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 15

When Liz woke up, she felt an incredible pain, like her head would surely split. She groaned and opened her eyes, but as soon as she did, she quickly closed them again. The bright sun was only increasing her pain.

Liz felt like she had been seriously drinking last night, due to the pain in her head, but she didn’t remember it. In fact, recalled some really weird dream about Max from the future and he had been saying weird things.

Suddenly Liz felt a hand on her head. She opened her eyes and for a moment, she froze. There he was – the man from her dream. But the only difference was that Liz didn’t believe anymore that this was only a dream.

Her eyes widened, half in horror, half in surprise, when she felt a heat going from his hand to her head. He was looking directly into her eyes and Liz couldn’t look away. It was like he had hypnotized her; Liz couldn’t do anything, although deep inside she felt a strong urge to shake his hand away from his head and run away from him as fast as possible.

When Liz couldn’t move even a finger, she started to panic. He had done something serious to her body and she hated him for that. He had so much power over her and Liz found it hard to believe that Max, the sweet boy from her class, would be the same man someday.

Everything in her body froze once again, as Liz felt something...remembered something. She saw some weird images, she was in them too, but they weren’t her memories.

She felt dizzy, but he continued to push memories that weren’t hers into her mind. Images started to flow faster and faster, until Liz couldn’t even understand them. When she felt that her head would surely explode, he stopped and took his hand away.

Liz sat down and was breathing heavily, her body and mind so tired. She didn’t feel any pain in her head anymore, but instead her brain, her mind was full. With false memories.

Liz’s throat was dry, but somehow she managed to speak, “What did you do to me?” she asked in a shaky voice and once again she hated him for making her so weak and powerless.

“I had to, Liz,” Max said quietly and Liz could swear she heard a shame in his voice, “You didn’t understand, I need to make sure you’re going to do what needs to be done,”

“Yesterday I planted memories in your head and now ... I just woke them up,” he explained, “I gave you everything you need to know; every smile, every tear is there now, in your head. You now know everything I do,” he said.

Liz had to admit, that he was right. As she and her body were calming down, Liz saw the images slower and they were also a lot clearer now.

Like memories.

Although Max had given her these memories, Liz didn’t feel his emotions, but only hers.

Liz remembered everything. From the very beginning to the end.

Max had taken a huge risk by healing her and that was where everything began, the never-ending carousel between her and Max. She had tried so hard to be with him, but not so soon after their first kiss, he had said that he wanted to take a step back. Liz felt the pain she had felt when Max was saying it.

When Max had finally accepted that he wouldn’t hurt her, the blonde girl came into the picture.

Tess.

Liz immediately felt only the negative feelings towards her. Tess had tried to break them up and in the end it was Liz who had left Max. She had given Tess the chance to be with Max, but...Max was unyielding and pushed Tess away.

Again and again.

Liz smiled, when she remembered that Max hadn’t been with Tess when she had come back from Florida. She had almost broken down and agreed to be with him once again, but he came to her.

Him again. He was always coming to her, every time something needed to be fixed.

But now he had come sooner, this time Max wanted to prevent everything from A to Z.

But would Liz really do that? After his first visit, Liz had been pushing the younger Max away, but that didn’t lead to anything good. Alex, her best friend, was killed and her always sweet and nice Max had slept with Tess, the murderer.

Liz felt like she was in nightmare when Max told her that Tess was pregnant. Her whole world had shattered then. She realised that there wouldn’t be the innocent glances between the two of them; all innocence was long lost.

And it was her fault. If she hadn’t pushed Max away, Alex would be alive and Max wouldn’t be the father of Tess’ child. Liz felt so alone, so lonely.

When Max had tried to be with her again, Liz didn’t object. Tess was away, as well as Max’s child, and Liz wanted only this nightmare to end. She simply wanted to be with Max.

She started to trust him again, even went to jail because of him, but he again let her down. He had almost left her and if that ship wouldn’t be damaged, Max would be on Antar.

But again she had tried to forgive and accept him.

The last straw was that her own body started to change. She couldn’t control anything that had been happening to her. Liz felt totally out of the control and desperately wanted some peace, balance and control.

This time Liz left him in Roswell.

Apparently the fate threw them together again. Liz couldn’t remember the worst feeling as she realised that Max was dead; this time she didn’t even know who she was without Max. So, when she had brought him back to life, she again forgot the pain and started dating him.

From then, everything happened quickly. Tess and Max’s baby had come back. Liz didn’t want to admit but Tess’ death affected her a lot. Tess had tried to repair the things she had done, but it was already too late, Liz thought. She believed that deep inside Tess could be a good person, but that was something they would never know.

Then graduation came. They left Roswell and she had finally married Max. Despite all the pain and hurt, from then on Liz didn’t think about Tess; she just wanted to live happily with her husband.

They had driven across all the country over and over again. She had so many different names and looks, that she couldn’t even remember them. Every place brought also a new identity.

They weren’t able to feel safe anywhere. Liz had to look over her shoulder every time she went somewhere. They stayed in one place only for a very short time, a few days, sometimes a week, but no longer.

Things changed once again as Liz found out that she was pregnant two years later. She and Max had tried to be careful, but apparently some things weren’t even in their power. For some time, Liz was scared to tell Max the news about the baby, fearing that would only bring the painful memories of Tess and Zan.

Soon, she didn’t have a choice and had to tell him the truth. Max was already worried about her and she told him. Despite all her fears, Max had been happy about the news. The others were another story. They pointed out the danger the baby would be in. Both Max and Liz knew it, but hearing it was different.

In the end they decided to split up and live in one place longer. Max and Liz went to Boston, while Maria and Michael to LA and Isabel with Kyle - to Florida. From now they met only in the dreams, with Isabel’s help of course.

Max and Liz worked hard. Soon Liz wasn’t able to work anymore due to her pregnancy and from then on, Max worked even more. Liz barely saw him.

It was again a hard and dark period in Liz’s life and her baby was the only one who gave her strength.

Then the baby came. Max and Liz feared going to the hospital, so Max did all the work and delivered his own son.

They named him Alex.

After the baby was born, Max and Liz moved again, this time to New York.

And then it happened. They found them.

They had just found out through the sheriff that everyone had died or disappeared. Maria, Michael, Isabel, Jesse, Kyle, her parents, Max’s parents...Almost everyone who knew about aliens were gone.

Liz remembered the terrible noise, shooting and fear. The FBI had found them. It looked like they had drugged Max somehow, maybe using water or food, but he wasn’t able to use his powers anymore.

Max, Liz and little Alex were alone in the house, helpless, while the FBI surrounded their house.

Alone.

Liz gasped as she remembered that horrible day when they all were killed. The end.

Tears started to flow down her cheeks and she couldn’t control her sobs anymore.

Max gently hugged her, “Please, Liz, tell me you understand,” he begged, “The future has been already changed one time and everyone died, this time we have to change everything before you are healed. Please, Liz, you can’t be here, in Roswell, near me,” he said and Liz felt as his own sobs started to take over his body, “I know I’m being selfish, but I know that my younger self wouldn’t leave you alone; you have to leave, Liz, please,” he pleaded.

And Liz finally understood.
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 16

“What do you want me to do?”

A soft crying was the only sound Liz could hear in the room. Her own crying, her tears, her pain.

“You have to leave Roswell,” Liz heard his sharp reply and her own heart broke. Leave? Her home, the only place she knew? Where would she go?

Liz started to cry harder, unable to control her emotions. Max came closer, but she stood up from the bed and went to the other side of the room. She didn’t want him near her. So far he had brought only pain to her, she definitely should stay away from Max Evans.

In memories of the timeline that didn’t even exist, she was happy with Max. But sometimes it seemed that there was more misery than happiness. Liz Parker had loved Max Evans, but the others had died because of it. In the first timeline because of the skins, but in the second FBI found them; it was no wonder that Max wanted to change the future again, this time completely starting from the beginning.

Still, Liz’s mind raced and she thought desperately for some reason for her to stay.

“Tess,” she said as idea came, “In the first timeline everything went bad because of Tess, right?” Liz asked, her head still full with those sudden memories.

Max nodded, still sitting on Liz’s bed.

Liz bit her lower lip and thought, “What if we talk with her? Explain everything to her,” she suggested.

“We will go to her,” Max replied.

“We?”

“Deep inside, Tess isn’t the bad one. She was raised by a man who implanted everything in her head since she was a child. In the end, Tess was confused and not finding support from me or the others, she did everything Nasedo told her so,” he explained standing up, “But we are going to prevent that too. We can change her,”

“So, where is the problem?” Liz asked confused. If they could change Tess, why she needed to leave Roswell? “Talk with the blonde, explain and everything is great, right?”

“Liz, perhaps we can take her out of Nasedo’s power, but we...can’t depend on her. This is too serious and we can’t rely on Tess, that she would do everything right. She would still need to be watched,” he said.

“Great,” Liz muttered frustrated, “Why do I need to do all the work, huh? How will I explain everything to my friends? Maria? Alex? My parents? Oh and where I can go?” she cried.

“You have an aunt in Florida,” Max said simply, “And you can’t say anything to Alex or Maria; it would be the best thing if you cut all the connections with Roswell,”

Liz fought the urge to throw something at him; he wanted so much from her, too much.

“Come on, are you kidding? They are my friends, best friends, I can’t leave just like that, without any explanation,” she argued.

“You have to, Liz,” Max said tiredly as he rubbed his face with his hands, “I know...I’m asking too much, but ... you’re strong, Liz, you’re the strongest person I have ever known, you can do it,”

Feeling utterly defeated, Liz could only ask, “How much time do I have?”

“You should be in Florida by the start of the school. Soon after that we will find Tess and talk with her,” Max informed.

Liz hated Max at that moment. Why did everything have to change so suddenly? She was content and even happy with her life; she didn’t want any of this. What kind of life would she have now? Far away from her friends and parents? Far away from Max?

After a long talk with her parents, who in the end, were still confused by their daughter’s sudden decision, Liz left Roswell. Eventually she cut all connections with Roswell. She stopped writing or talking with Maria and Alex. Even her parents moved out of Roswell eventually.

But there was one person still remaining in Roswell who knew the truth about Max from the future. He was needed to watch Tess and after a long discussion and fight, Future Max had allowed Liz to talk with him.

Of course when she started talking about aliens and a man from the future, he thought that she had lost her mind, but after he had seen and talked with Max from the future, he changed his mind and since then was helping Liz in a every way he could.

It had taken a long time, but Liz and Max had finally found Tess. And Nasedo.

Tess was confused and Nasedo had fought. In the end, Max had to kill him with a sudden move of his hand.

They told her everything, from A to Z, of course leaving out the detail that they didn’t trust her entirely.

Could Tess really be trusted? Only time would tell...

“Hi,” Liz heard Max’s soft voice and she turned her head slightly, finally noticing that he was watching her. And probably had been doing it for a while, she thought.

“Hey, Max,” she replied in a equally soft and quiet voice. What was she going to say? She appeared at his wedding with Tess, pregnant. With his child. But he didn’t know it, did he?

Max watched as Liz bit on her lower lip, she did it only when she was nervous. Why was she nervous? Was Tess right and Liz was indeed hiding something from him?

“How are you feeling?” he asked, looking into her eyes, but she quickly looked down at the ground.

She didn’t want him to see her fears of being rejected. Her goal was to come and tell him the truth. They would have a child soon and he deserved a family.

The person who had watched Tess’ every move for years had convinced her that Tess could be trusted and that she wouldn’t betray them. It had taken him many months, but Liz had finally decided to think about her own happiness.

Tess didn’t love Max and Max didn’t love Tess. Their marriage would be a horrible mistake and Liz had known that she would be the only one who would be able to prevent this event. So she had gone to the church, but apparently the pregnancy and nerves were getting the best part of her and Liz had fainted.

Now was the perfect chance to tell him the truth. They were alone.

“Where is Tess?” Liz asked instead.

Max was slightly confused. She wanted to talk about Tess? Now? He would like to hear about the child she was waiting more.

“I don’t know where she is,” Max admitted. He didn’t even care much. It wasn’t like he hated her or even disliked, they had been each other’s support through the years. While he didn’t love her, Tess still could be his friend, but at the moment, Liz was the most important thing.

“What happened to the wedding? Where are we?” Liz asked confused. She needed to hear from him, loudly and clearly, that he wasn’t going to marry Tess. She needed it.

“I’m not marrying her,” Max said the words Liz needed to hear. Four simple words, but they brought peace to Liz’s heart.

Maybe everything can be changed and she and Max could be together.

“Oh,” was all Liz could say, her heart full of joy.

“What about you, Liz?” Max suddenly asked, making Liz to look in his eyes, “Where have you been? Why did you leave so suddenly?” he asked. Still, he hadn’t asked the most important question; who was the father of her child?

“Don’t worry, Max,” Liz said softly. She was touched that he cared so much about her.

Although they hadn’t been close in this timeline, Liz knew that he loved her as much as she loved him. They had been apart for years, not seeing each other, but even after that their love didn’t vanish.

Some things were stronger. It seemed that they were meant to be. In every timeline they had loved each other and wanted to be together, it meant something, didn’t it?

“I’m fine,” she added, “I have been living with a good friend for the past few months, he helped me a lot,” Liz admitted.

She missed the jealousy that appeared in Max’s eyes, but he shook the feeling away. This wasn’t the right moment to think about it.

Or maybe it was?

Max knew that he and Liz had slept together, but she had been living with another...guy. What if that other man was the father of Liz’s baby?

Now Max wasn’t so sure if he was prepared to hear the answer to that question.

“Who you were living with?” he asked.

Liz smiled, just at the thought of the man. Not that long ago, Liz had barely known him, but in these past months he had proved her that he was indeed a wonderful friend.
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 17

“His name is Adam,” Liz said.

She had met him in the park, not far from her apartment. He was a nice guy, but when Liz got to know him better, she found out that he wasn’t nice; no, he was wonderful.

After everything what happened with her, Max and Tess, Liz decided to leave. Again. She knew it wasn’t the best decision to run away, but she couldn’t go back in time. Max could, but time travel had brought only pain to Liz.

So, when Liz had left her apartment in a hurry, she hadn’t expected to run into Adam, but she did. Liz had been in tears and miserable, not knowing where to go or what to do, but Adam had calmed her and offered a place to stay.

Adam lived in a house, so both he and Liz had a lot of space.

Liz was shocked to find out that she was pregnant. Liz had known that she and Max hadn’t used anything, but the sudden pregnancy was still a surprise to her. Adam didn’t know anything about aliens, so Liz had to be careful as much as she could.

Although Liz had to hide something from Adam; she had found a wonderful friend in him. He had supported her much, buying thousands of books about babies and children. He had spent hours with Liz, explaining everything she wanted to know. They went out to dinner or a movie. She usually made dinner, but he would only make breakfast.

And not even once had Adam said that he wanted to be anything more than just friends; something Liz was very grateful for. She remembered that Adam had told her about his girlfriend, who he loved very much. And he still loved her, Liz was sure of that.

She and Adam were so similar in this way. They both had broken hearts and they needed to heal. While they hadn’t searched for a new relationship with each other, Adam and Liz had found a beautiful friendship instead.

“Don’t worry, Max,” Liz added, “He is really wonderful and has helped me a lot,” she said.

Liz had been more than shocked when she had accidentally seen the photo of his ex-girlfriend.

Never in her life, had Liz considered that Adam had dated Ava. They almost got married.

Liz, of course, couldn’t tell Adam that she knew Ava. She just knew who Ava was in a different timeline, but she could be a completely different person in this time. Liz didn’t know anything about her. Maybe, since Tess had changed, Ava was the bad one? No, Liz dismissed that thought. Tess had been bad because of Nasedo.

Ava perhaps had been rough sometimes, but she wasn’t evil. Besides Adam had told her much about his previous girlfriend; Ava was good.

Liz still wondered about her. Ava had changed her name to Athena. Why? Where were Zan and the others? Why Ava had agreed to marry Adam and then so suddenly disappeared?

Why she caused so much pain and heartache to Adam?

Liz hadn’t told anyone about Ava, not even Tess. But how could she? After leaving her previous apartment, Liz hadn’t contacted Tess and had found out about Max and Tess’ delayed wedding from her ‘contact’ person in Roswell.

And now Liz was here. With Max.

And she knew she had to talk with him. Max deserved to find out the truth. It wasn’t right to ignore him from the beginning. But Liz had been so young back then and Max from the future had affected her much, too much.

Liz hadn’t made her own choices for a long time, now this was something she wanted to do.

“Max,” Liz started, “There is something you need to know,” she said, while looking anywhere but Max. She had lied and basically used him in a way. Would he forgive her?

Max gulped. He didn’t know what to expect. Although others could tell that he barely knew Liz, Max loved her. He found it hard to explain it to someone else, Max wasn’t sure if he understood it himself, but he wanted them to be together.

He wanted to marry her and create a family with her. He wanted to be with her.

Did she want the same things? While being with Tess, some part of him was safe. Max hadn’t any need to hide his true self; he was an alien. But Liz didn’t know that.

Would she be scared?

It was time to find out the truth.

Max decided to ask, rather than wait for Liz to say, “Who is the father of your child?”

Liz’s eyes widened for a moment; she hadn’t expected this bold question. And Liz couldn’t help but feel hurt by those words as well. They hadn’t been together, not even for a day as a couple, but Max was thinking that he wasn’t the father of her baby. On some level that even hurt.

Liz felt tears in her eyes and now she wasn’t sure if she could blame her hormones. She took Max’s hand and gently placed it on her belly.

Max smiled as he felt the baby move. To him, it was one of the best things in the world.

“You, Max, it’s yours,” Liz gently whispered quietly, but Max heard it loudly and clearly.

The tears appeared in his eyes as well when he placed his other hand on her belly. He felt a life underneath, a life he had helped to create.

Liz Parker was going to have his child. Could this day get even better?

~~~

On the other side of the church

Tess looked at herself in the mirror. She was still in her beautiful white long dress.

The blonde smiled sadly at herself in the mirror. If Liz hadn’t come to the church, Tess would be Mrs. Evans right now.

It hurt.

Perhaps she didn’t love Max, but the pain was still there. He had rejected her already so many times, in too many timelines. She had been rejected. And it hurt.

Tess had the same memories as Liz, so she knew pretty well, how evil she had been. Tess had seen with her own eyes how much pain she had caused to Max, Liz...to everyone. She had killed. Even now, Tess felt somehow uneasy around Alex, like she could hurt him, although she didn’t want to.

Tess had worked so much in order to change and forget everything Nasedo had implanted in her mind. But now she wasn’t sure if she had changed so much after all. Her earlier ‘talk’, or rather fight, had thrown her off balance. She didn’t mean to be that harsh or say those words. But it hurt. It hurt to see that after everything, Liz was the most important person to him.

Max from the future had convinced them both to create this ‘perfect’ future. Not only Liz would be away from Max, but also Tess would be his wife. Like it should have been. Destiny.

But now she was free. Max had left her at the altar and Tess wouldn’t beg for his love anymore. She didn’t even need it. All three of them had been playing games for the last few years; Max from the future made them. Now Tess laughed at how easy he had been able to manipulate them.

She and Liz had blindly followed the plan, not even taking any notice of the real situation.

In reality, Tess didn’t care about destiny and Max. She had found a love and had already sacrificed so much because of Max and destiny.

Liz would be with Max, while she...she would be with the man she had loved for all her life.

All Tess had to do was to say ‘yes’. Kyle knew everything about aliens, but since Tess hadn’t told him about Max from the future, he hadn’t been able to understand why Tess had to be with Max, even if she didn’t love him.

He had proposed to her, not so long before her wedding to Max, almost pleading her not to marry Max.

And what did Tess do?

She had said no to the man she loved, only to be left at the altar. Oh, they all had been stupid all along.

Tess wouldn’t leave Roswell or betray them. She had changed and her future husband, Kyle, would help her to be even a better person.

~~~

“Damn,” the person in the car cursed. He had been already so close, so close....

Liz had destroyed his plan. The plan he had worked on for years.

‘That’s okay,’ the person calmed himself, ‘I still have a plan B,’ he thought before driving away from the church.

He would kill the King and his heir.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

From the previous part

“You, Max, it’s yours,” Liz gently whispered quietly, but Max heard it loudly and clearly.

The tears appeared in his eyes as well when he placed his other hand on her belly. He felt a life underneath, a life he had helped to create.
Liz Parker was going to have his child. Could this day get even better?

Chapter 18

Some weeks later...

“Hi,” Max said as he kissed Liz’s cheek. His eyes slid lower to her pregnant belly and his smile widened. “How is the little one today?” he asked.

“Great,” Liz replied. “He is pretty much calm today.”

“Good,” Max grinned and bent down to kiss her belly. “I’m going to shower now and then I’m off to work.Will you be fine all by yourself?” he asked, obviously concerned.

Liz wanted to laugh. Max had asked her the same thing every day for the past few weeks, since they started living together.

“Yes, everything is going to be okay, Max,” she gave him the same reply as the other times.

Max just smiled, “I’m going to talk with the boss today. The baby is going to be born soon and I don’t want to leave you alone all day, I’m going to do some work from home,” he said, using the word ‘home’ to refer to Liz’s apartment.

Weeks ago, after Max’s ‘wedding day’, Liz and Max started living together almost immediately. Max had said that he didn’t want to be away from her, and Liz...she didn’t want to be alone either.

Since she had her original apartment, they agreed to live there, leaving the other one, Max’s apartment, to Tess.

But Tess had disappeared.

At first Liz was concerned, but Tess had left Max a note saying that she needed time to herself to think about everything had happened and finally even Liz stopped worrying.

But the Tess factor didn’t change the main thing – Liz and Max wanted to live together, but ... that was it. They were just living together. Not as a couple. That was something they had yet to talk about, but just like Max didn’t ask questions about how exactly and in what conditions they had conceived the baby, Liz didn’t want to talk about their relationship either.

At the moment, Liz was content with her life, Max was good, great actually, and he didn’t ask questions, which Liz absolutely dreaded,although she could see them in his eyes. He was curious, concerned and… Liz didn’t know what to do. How could she tell him that she (and Tess) had lied to him for years? Not only to him, but to the others as well. She and Tess had hidden important information and Liz knew that it wouldn’t be long before all the secrets were exposed.

“Just remember, Isabel’s apartment is right in this building,” Max reminded her again. “And Maria, Michael, Alex are here as well,” he added.

„I know,” Liz said. „But...”

She wasn’t very comforted to see her friends. Maria and Alex were her best friends before she left for Florida many years ago. In the end, she had stopped communicating with them and Liz knew that she had somehow hurt them.

It was so weird to look at them all and at the same time to know what could have happened.

But hadn’t.

Only because of her actions. Sometimes, when Liz wondered if she had done the right thing, she only had to remember Alex. Alex was alive and happy with Isabel. If not for Liz’s actions, Alex would have been dead and Isabel married to Jesse.

“Perhaps you can visit Isabel today?” Max suggested. “Alex won’t be home, so you can talk without interruptions.”

Deep inside, Max really wanted Liz to talk to Isabel. He loved Liz and Isabel was his sister; he wanted them to be friends. Isabel had accepted Liz and her pregnancy, although she had asked many questions, but Max had persuaded her that it was his life and…he would sort it out.

He was going to ask Liz about... so many things, but he didn’t want to do it right now, when Liz was pregnant and so vulnerable. Once he had asked her why she had left six months before, only to show up at his wedding, but he could clearly see how nervous Liz had become after his question.

It could wait until the baby was born.

“Perhaps,” Liz replied, in answer to Max’s earlier suggestion.

Max stood up and kissed her forehead again, “Have you called Adam today?” he asked.

Liz nodded. “Yes and once again, he didn’t pick up,” she said slightly concerned. “I worry about him,” she added then. “The last time I saw him was weeks ago and everything was fine. I can’t imagine what has happened to him,”

“Maybe you can call into his work. He works at the hospital, right?” Max asked.

“Yes. And you’re right, I’m going to call in there tomorrow,” Liz said.

“Ok,” Max nodded. “I’m going to shower now, but you should get more sleep, it’s still early and you need your rest,” he said.

Liz smiled at how concerned Max was about her. Although they weren’t a couple, Liz knew that Max truly cared about her. Just like she cared about him. Liz loved Max and she wanted to tell him the truth, but she had to find Tess first. Liz needed to talk to Tess about her decision to tell the others the truth .

“Max,” she laughed. “It seems like all you want to do is keep me in bed.”

Max blushed slightly, planted another kiss to her forehead and walked out of the room, muttering something, while Liz was still laughing softly.

It was so good to laugh.

She loved living with Max. He made her feel loved and cherished.

Liz loved their Fridays, when they would watch old movies all evening. She loved their Saturdays, when they usually went to the park or shopping for baby stuff. She adored Sundays, when Max would sneak into her room in the morning and sleep in her bed, placing a hand on her belly.

She loved every other day, when she could see Max and his love for her and his baby.

Sometimes Max made her forget everything bad; about Tess, Max from the future, everything...

Suddenly Liz remembered that she could talk to her contact, who was keeping an eye on Tess. Well, not always, but mostly. Perhaps then she would find out more about Tess’ whereabouts.

When, a couple of minutes later, Max came out of his bedroom, Liz asked, “By the way, how are Maria and Michael?”

Max shrugged, “They’re okay, I guess. Michael is working hard and Maria has gone back to Roswell to visit her mother.”

“Oh, okay, thanks,” Liz said.

“Ok, I have to go now,” Max said and grabbed his coat. “Are you sure you’ll be okay?” he asked again. “You know my cell phone number, right? I wrote it down, just like my work number. And just in case, you have Isabel and Michael’s phone numbers as well,” he rambled. “So...call me...if you need anything,” he said before leaving.

Max loved living with Liz, but at the same time he knew that there were secrets between the two of them.

And he still wasn’t able to tell her about his alien status.

Max had talked to both Isabel and Michael and they had agreed that Liz had the right to know; after all she was carrying his baby.

But some things were easier said than done.
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Erina
Forum Moderator

Post by Erina »

Chapter 19

Liz listened to Max’s steps as he walked down the stairs. She took the phone then and dialled Adam’s work number.

Liz frown deepened when, after the tenth ring, he didn’t pick up. Liz was about to put down the phone, when she heard someone pick up it on the other end.

“Adam?” she asked.

A person cleared his voice. “Hmm, sorry, you’re wrong, I’m Steve, not Adam,” he said.

“Oh,” Liz said confused, “Adam was working there a couple of months ago, do you know where he is now?”

“Adam? I’m not sure if I can help you. I’m new in town and I only started working at this hospital today. I heard one nurse say that this office once was another doctor’s but he disappeared or...something like that. But apparently no one has heard from him lately,” Steve told her.

“Oh, and you don’t know anything else?” she asked hopefully.

“No, I’m sorry, miss, but that’s all I can say,” Steve said sincerely. “If I get a hold of him, do you want me to tell him anything?”

“No, thanks for the information. Bye,” Liz said and hung up the phone.

She started worrying again. Tess was gone and now Adam...Liz sensed that something was wrong and she decided to go to his house later. . She and Adam were friends and she didn’t believe that he would go away and not tell her.

When Liz moved out of his house and back to her own apartment, he had mentioned that he would perhaps go to Mexico for a week, but he’d only mentioned it. He’d said ‘maybe’. Not for sure or anything like that.

And now Liz couldn’t find him. Adam wouldn’t leave for long without notifying her. Something was wrong and the more she thought about it, the more worried she became.

Liz quickly dressed and grabbed her purse. She was going to Adam’s house now.

~ ~ ~

“Hi, Max,” Isabel said, as she walked into his office.

Max smiled and stood up from his desk, “Isabel!” he kissed her cheek and hugged her briefly. “What are you doing here?” he asked, surprised.

Isabel sighed. “Dear brother, I understand that now you have Liz and your unborn child on the way, but I haven’t seen or talked to you in weeks!” she exclaimed.

Max laughed. ”Is, you saw me yesterday,” he reminded her.

“Yes, you’re right,” she agreed, “But I don’t count a brief hello in the hallway a normal meeting with my brother,”

Max smiled softly, “I’m sorry, I know I have been neglecting you all in the past weeks, but...I have been really busy with Liz and baby stuff,”

“I know, Max, that’s why I’m here right now. Only here we can talk without fear that Liz will hear,” she said.

Max frowned, “What you want to talk about?”

Isabel took a deep breath, “I have talked with Alex, Maria and Michael and we all have decided that it is okay for you to tell Liz about us,”

“You mean… the truth?” Max questioned.

Isabel nodded. “Maria and Alex had known Liz longer than Michael and I, and although they have been apart for many years, they trust Liz and… you trust her, so it’s okay to tell her. Even Michael agreed,” she pointed out.

Max laughed again, “You’re serious? He usually is the one who says that we can’t tell people about ourselves, how come he has changed his mind?” he asked curiously.

Isabel shrugged, “Dunno, perhaps Maria is a good influence on him, especially about Liz; but Michael didn’t cause any problems with this, quite the opposite. He said that it was a good idea to tell Liz about us. He reasoned that since she was pregnant with your child, she had the right to know,”

“You’re right,” Max said softly. “ I have to tell her the truth; perhaps then she will open up about her secrets,” he said and stood up again, “Come on, we’re going home and I’m going to talk to her tonight,”

Max and Isabel walked out of the office to his car and twenty minutes later they were at their apartment building.

“Hey,” they heard Maria’s voice.

Isabel and Max turned around, only to see Maria, who was carrying her suitcase, “What’s up, guys?” she asked.

Max took Maria’s suitcase, “What are you doing back so early? You said you wouldn’t be back until tomorrow,” Isabel said.

“I know, I know, but I decided to surprise Michael and come earlier,” she replied as the tree of them went into the elevator.

“What did I miss?” Maria asked.

“Oh, nothing much, but Max is going to talk to Liz tonight,” Isabel said, somehow happy about the fact that her brother had finally found someone to share his life with.

“Good luck with that,” Maria winked. “But I’m sure that Liz won’t get you or any of us into trouble. Like I said, we can trust her,”

The elevator stopped and Isabel stepped out. “Well, this is my stop. Good luck, Max,” she said before the door closed again.

A moment later, Max and Maria were at the right floor and they went into Maria and Michael’s apartment.

~ ~ ~

Liz walked tiredly back to her apartment. She had been at Adam’s house, but it was empty and the house was dark.

It looked like no one was living there anymore.

She had even asked neighbours about Adam’s house, but no one had seen him or anyone else going in or out of that house.

Something was really wrong.

When she walked to her door, Liz saw him standing there, obviously waiting for her.

“What are you doing here?” she whispered, although they were the only ones in the hall.

“We need to talk,” he told her shortly and looked around, “But not here,” he added.

“Where?” Liz asked.

He took her hand and lead upstairs, “Come on, let’s go to my apartment. It’s safer than yours, since Max could come home suddenly,” he explained.

Liz nodded and walked upstairs.

They went into his apartment and Liz sat down on the couch, she was tired, the baby was kicking again and she hadn’t eaten all day either.

“Can I have a glass of water, please?” Liz asked.

The person nodded and went into the kitchen, only to come out in a minute, “Here you go,” he said, giving her the glass. “How is the baby?” he asked then.

Liz smiled, “Good, I’m just tired today.”

“What do you want to talk about?” Liz asked. “Do you know something about Tess?”

He shook his head. “No, I have completely lost her, but I wanted to talk about something else,” he said and paused. “You need to tell Max the truth about Future Max and whole Tess thing. He has the right to know,”

Then they heard another voice from the doorstep, “Future Max?”
Last edited by Erina on Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.