Life & Love in London(CC ALL ADULT) Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

madroswellfan
Roswell Fanatic
Location: In a remote University doing Maths....I'm not called Mad for nothing!

Post by madroswellfan »

Ok guys! This is it! The final part of Life and Love in London. To be completely honest I never thought I would get this done. Nor did I think I would make this into a series (Sidenote…ahhhh what have I done!!!)

A big thank you to all those who have ever read this story. It’s an incredible feeling to read feedback and without you guys I wouldn’t be posting this epilogue.

A special HUGE thank you to my beta Sternbetrachter – I wouldn’t be here without you hun :D

More of my notes to follow after reading this epilogue :D Enjoy!

Epilogue

It had been two days since the fateful day when a human learnt the truth about the aliens. Liz had spent her first two days out of prison sleeping. On the odd occasion that she was awake she was thinking of the past year; trying to make sense of it all.

The others had left her alone; partly on her request, but partly because they knew she would want to catch up with her sleep. But after two days had gone by, Liz’s friends had decided to all meet up together at the bar where they had all first met.

Maria had managed to convince Liz to come out with her for the evening. Of course Liz suspected greatly that things weren’t as they seemed, but she wanted to go along with it anyway.

Maria knocked on Liz’s door and then entered her room. “Ready?” she said with a grin. Liz smiled and then jokingly narrowed her eyes. “What are you smiley about?” she asked before raising an eyebrow. “Where’s hurricane DeLuca gone?”

Maria smiled and said “I don’t know what your referring to,” as she went behind Liz and started to wheel her out of the apartment. “Liz…what happened to your chair?” Maria asked, trying to change the subject. “It seems to move better now…”

Liz just shrugged. “Don’t know” she replied, not knowing what else to say as her mind replayed Max fixing the chair with his alien powers in her mind.

Maria studied Liz as she took her to the Jetta. Finally, she grunted in response before helping into the car and driving off in her car.

Liz looked over at her and said “So I’m guessing wherever it is we’re going you’re not drinking?”

”After last time?” Maria thought to herself, trying not to chuckle. She glanced over to Liz quickly before looking back at the road. “Er, no I’m not” she said, and left it at that.

Liz meanwhile had a sneaking suspicion she knew where they were going. Smiling to herself, she looked out of the window. She hadn’t seen Max since that day. Max had explained that, although he could kill heal cuts and wounds easily, by going to heal bone he would have to use his powers deep inside her. And by doing that he couldn’t concentrate on healing her bones. Instead, she herself would be healed; back and brain.

After he had dropped a huge decision on her plate, they had been left in an akward silence for several hours. Eventually, Valenti had come back in for them after sorting out the paperwork and lead them outside. Max did again whatever it was that made Tess unable to get away and then Max had driven her home.

It had been VERY awkward on the drive home. When the finally arrived back at the girl’s apartment, Max had taken her inside and wheeled her into her room. Max had stood there uncomfortably for a while not knowing what to say. After a while he leant down and kissed her lips in a soft kiss. “Get some sleep” he had said quietly. “I’ll see you soon.”

Liz then gave him a tentative smile as he walked out of the room. She had often caught herself thinking of that kiss, and what it meant to Max. She kept wondering, did he think of it as a kiss goodbye?

Max, Michael, Isabel and Alex sat at the same table where they first met. The table felt a slight unease at the fact that Jesse wasn’t with them... but on the bright side, at least Tess wasn’t there.

But there was still a bad sense of hostility around the table. Alex refused to look at Michael. He had knocked up his best friend and then left her pining for him. Michael on the other hand could guess why Alex was unreceptive to him, and had decided to leave it until Maria arrived. The two had decided not to tell anyone else just yet, wanting time for themselves. But with Liz out and free, they sensed it would only add to the celebration and planned to reveal all tonight.

Isabel was still reeling from the fact that a human knew their secret. Michael hadn’t been too bothered about it as secretly he knew he would have to tell Maria. But neither of them was upset with Max. They knew that Tess had been the one to spill the truth, not him. He had only put Tess away, which was the least of what she deserved.

Alex drummed his fingers on the table repeatedly. He had gone into class yesterday and had been mauled at by the professor for not handing in assignments and hardly ever turning up for class. But Alex was certain he had been going. He remembered going everyday. Ok, he wasn’t totally sure he learnt anything, but he knew he had gone.

“Alex?”

He looked up to see Max looking at him. “Can you stop?” he asked pointedly.

Alex raised an eyebrow. “Stop what?”

Alex and Maria didn’t know everything that had happened in the prison cell, but they knew that Tess had been caught on camera admitting that she had killed Jesse to frame Liz. They had been told by Valenti that Max had been the one to catch her out. Both Alex and Maria had decided to give Max the benefit of the doubt…at least for now.

“Tapping?” Max said indicating to his fingers. “You’ve been doing it ever since we got here.”

“Huh? I have?” he said looking at the others for confirmation. Isabel nodded at him giving a small smile at him. “Don’t worry about it Alex, Max has just got a bee in his bonnet.”

Max didn’t hear her however because he had turned back around to stare at the door. He was a bag of nerves. What would Liz say when she got here? Would she tell him that they couldn’t be together any more? Would she break his heart for real this time?

Alex raised an eyebrow and muttered, “Yeah I can see that.” Isabel bit back a small smile at Alex’s sarcastic reply. It wasn’t that he was taking the mickey of her brother, but the fact it was Alex speaking generally made her smile these days.

Meanwhile, Maria got Liz out of the Jetta and slowly wheeled her inside. Liz immediately spotted the table of her friends and she vaguely heard Maria saying behind her “surprise!”

But she wasn’t paying attention. Instead she was smiling at her friends, and in particular, the guy that she loved.

In Max’s mind, everything had gone into slow motion as he saw he come in. He was blown away when he saw her smile at him, and he grinned back, his heart soaring. Maybe she wasn’t going to break his heart after all.

When she finally reached the table she swallowed before saying, “Hey…”

They all grinned back at her as they stood up and went towards her. Isabel reached her first and hugged her gently. “Welcome back… I’m sorry I didn’t…”

“I totally understand Isabel, forget about it really.” Liz interrupted her. “It means more to me that you’re here now” she said smiling at her.

Isabel smiled and gently kissed her cheek. “God I missed you” she said as she stood up and let someone else get there turn.

Alex leant down and pulled her into a tight hug. “Alex... can’t breath” Liz joked, and she heard Isabel snicker behind her. Alex let her go very, very slightly. “Hey you saw me yesterday you silly boy…” Liz said before drifting off. It was then she realised he was crying.

Liz pulled back slightly so that he was looking at her. “Hey…don’t do that” she told him as she dried his tears. “I’m back silly… no point in crying now.” Alex sniffed and gave a small smile as he tried to hold back tears.

“I know I just….” He trailed off as he looked at her and Liz gave a little nod.

“I know Hun…I know.”

Alex pulled her into another hug before standing up and coughing awkwardly. “Er…I’m gonna go get some drinks…will you come and help Maria?” he asked, wanting to get away, completely embarrassed for no reason.

Maria and nodded quickly, and led him towards the bar, knowing in a way that only a best friend could what he wanted.

Liz looked up at Michael who standing over her. She presumed Max had told her that she knew… and she was worried what his reaction would be. She had finally worked out why Michael had pushed her away when he liked her… so what would he do now that she knew the truth.

Michael gave a slight smile before bending down and saying quietly, “Welcome to the club Liz”

Liz looked at him and then gave a small laugh of surprise. Michael gave a lopsided smile at her, as Isabel looked on in surprise. “Ok mister… what happened to the Michael we all know and loathe?” she joked.

Michael looked up at her and narrowed his eyes slightly before grinning. “Can’t a guy change?”

“A guy can… Michael Guerin? Nuh uh” Isabel said before laughing. Michael stuck his tongue out at her before gently indicating they should sit back down. Isabel smiled giving a small glance to Max before heading back to her seat.

“Guys?” Liz suddenly blurted out.

They looked back at her as she said, “Just so you know… I’ll carry your secret to the grave.”

Isabel and Michael looked at each other for a moment before Isabel turned back to Liz and replied, “We know.” They smiled at her before sitting down.

Max was still staring at her. He couldn’t believe how perfect she was, and couldn’t help but wish he had told her earlier. Liz moved her chair carefully into the available gap at the table next to Max.

“Hey Max” she said quietly, giving him a private smile.

Max locked eyes with her and whispered softly, “Hey”.

They stared into each others eyes for a moment. Liz knew she had to say something… she knew she had to tell him her decision. She cleared her throat and opened her mouth. “Max I…”

“Here we are!” Maria chirped loudly as she brought back a tray of glasses and put it down on the table. Liz looked down blushing at her bad timing and whispered to Max, “I’ll tell you later” she muttered.

Max nodded and looked away, wondering what she had been about to say.

Alex plonked a bottle of champagne on the table and smiled. “My treat” he announced.

“Alex!” Liz groaned. “You ca…”

“No buts Miss Parker!” he told her as he opened the bottle carefully and started pouring out the bubbly into the glasses.

“But Maria’s…”

“Driving?” Alex interrupted her giving her a swift look. “I know… that’s why it’s non-alcoholic”

The table laughed together happily. Alex glanced around the table as he continued pouring and laughing…until his eyes met Michael. Immediately he looked away and the tension re-filled the table.

Maria looked over at Alex before giving a private smile to Michael. Michael gave her a small nod before saying, “Uh…guys and girls…”

The table all looked at him. “Uh…there’s some news Maria and I want to share”

Liz and Alex immediately looked at each other and then at Maria. They both blinked as they wondered if that meant she had told him. Maria gave them a smile and instantly they knew she had. Liz had to try and bite back a squeal of excitement, whilst Alex was looking at Michael wondering what that meant for Michael and Maria.

Isabel and Max however, who had no idea what was going looked around the table in confusion. Max raised an eyebrow and looked at Maria curiously. “What’s going on Maria? I feel left out” he joked.

Maria looked over at the Evans’ and grinned. “I’m pregnant.”

Isabel’s mouth dropped open, whilst Max looked over at Michael to read his reaction. Michael smiled back at him and gave a little nod.

Isabel swallowed and pointed between Maria and Michael. “You two are…”

“Having a baby?” Michael finished for her as he got up and went over to Maria. He gently put his arm around her and pulled her in to a kiss.

Liz couldn’t help but grin happily as they kissed. Isabel’s face was one of complete shock. Max gave a smile, happy for them but still being Max and worrying about the possible non-human status of the baby. Alex’s face was unreadable.

Eventually Michael pulled back and looked at everyone else. Isabel finally grinned at them both. Liz, Isabel and Max immediately starting issuing there congratulations to the pair, but Michael was busy looking at Alex. He slowly crossed over to him and sat in the empty seat beside him. The two guys looked at each other for a moment before Michael spoke.

“Alex I can totally understand why you hit me, and if…”

“You hit him?!” Maria said loudly, stunned.

Michael gave her a quick glance and said, “Water under the bridge.” He looked back at Alex and said, “If I were in your position, I would have done the same thing.” He swallowed before continuing. “I was an idiot. A bastard. But I love her Alex. And I will never ever hurt her again.”

Alex looked at him, looking at him as though he’s inspecting him.

“I really hope we can be friends?” Michael finished nervously.

Alex continued looking at him for a moment before breaking into a smile. “I think we can do that… just don’t hurt her and I won’t hit you” he joked. Michael gave a small laugh before Alex added, “And I’m sorry about the hitting you thing”

Michael gave a nod and smiled. The group looked at each other happily before Isabel said, “Not to break up the little romantic moment between those two…” she said jerking her hand towards the two guys. The table giggled before she continued, “But about we have a toast?”

Isabel took a glass from the table and raised it in the air. The others quickly took a glass and looked at her smiling. “To Maria and Michael, and the baby” Isabel said.

Maria quickly shook her head. “Nuh uh…how about to Liz?” she suggested. The table all looked at Liz and the brunette smiled.

“What about… to friends?”

The table looked at each other, grinning happily. “To friends” they chorused as they took a sip of there non-alcoholic champagne.

At that moment a new song started to play in the bar.

Michael grinned as he quickly walked over to Maria and held out his hand to her. Maria grinned happily as she put down her drink and took his hand. He swiftly led her on to the dance floor and held her in his arms.

What if I told you it was all meant to be?
Would you believe me, would you agree?

Max’s eyes met Liz’s and she blushed knowing exactly what he was thinking. Alex saw the look between them and felt slightly awkward. Everyone was else was coupled up but him and Isabel. He saw Isabel fidget in her seat next to him. Deciding that he wasn’t going to let a nice opportunity like this by he looked over at Isabel and smiled.

“Would you like to dance?”

Isabel smiled shyly at him and nodded. They both stood up and made there way to the dance floor.

It’s almost that feeling that we've met before,
So tell me that you don’t think I’m crazy when I tell your love is here and now.

Isabel swallowed as Alex gently put his arms around her. She couldn’t help but wish that they could be more than friends… but the knowledge that one day maybe they could, would have to be good enough for now.

A Moment like this.
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this.
Some people search forever for that one special kiss.
I can’t believe its happening to me.

Alex and Isabel danced together, marvelling how right being in each others arms felt, and hoping that they had another opportunity to do this soon. Isabel looked up and met his eyes. She gave him a shy smile, which he returned happily.

She rested her had on her shoulder and murmured, “Thank you Alex”

Alex smiled to himself and murmured back, “No, thank you”

Everything changes, but beauty remains.
Something so tender I can’t explain.

Maria and Michael swayed as one, both thinking that this was the happiest moment of their lives. They met each others eyes and grinned at each other.

“I love you Maria. Whatever the future holds for us… I can’t wait because we’ll be together,” Michael whispered gently.

Well I may be dreaming but till I awake… Can we make the dream last forever?
And I'll cherish all the love we share for a moment like this.

Maria beamed at him and murmured “I love you too Michael, more than you’ll ever know.”

Michael gently leaned in and kissed her in a romantic kiss.

I cant believe its happening to me.

Max looked at Liz and bit his lip.
“I wish I could ask you to dance you know” he murmured to her quietly.

Liz swallowed and gave a small, sad nod. “I know” she replied.

She knew she had to tell him her decision, but she didn’t know how to say it. She bit her lip before saying, “Max… I don’t want you to heal me”

The speed of waiting love of all.
I wanna know that you will catch me when I fall.

Max looked at her stunned. He hadn’t known what to expect but, he still didn’t think she would ever say that.

“Liz you don’t have to say that. I don’t care about destiny. I don’t give a crap about any of that anymore,” he gently took her hands. “I love you. You and only Liz. I don’t give a damn what some books tell me. We make our own destinies. It doesn’t mean we can’t be together.”

So let me tell you this.
Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this...

Liz looked at him for a moment before saying, “I know that Max. But I... I like to think that we could be destined for each other. Sure, I can’t walk but… I have two things no other human has. I have these powers, and I have you. That’s what matters to me.

Some people search a lifetime for a moment like this.

Max looked at her. “Liz…”

Liz gently placed a finger on his lips. “I love you Max. This is what I want. If things change… you can always heal me in the future. But right now, I want to be your destiny.”

A moment like this

Max looked at her and gave her a small smile. “If that’s what you want…”

“It is Max,” she said immediately. “I want us.”

The couple locked eyes. Max slowly leant towards her and touched his lips against hers.

Their hearts lifted together, and they felt as if nothing could ever touch them again. They were invincible if they were together.

Max broke the kiss slowly, but only moved a millimetre away. He gently touched her cheek. “I love you Liz. Forever”

“Forever” Liz repeated quietly. She smiled at him gently before Max brought his lips back to hers in a soaring kiss.

A blonde paced her small cell. She seethed that this time they had beaten her. But no one ever beat Tess Harding twice. She would just have to step up her game plan. She tried for the millionth time today to get out of her cell, but she couldn’t. She growled in frustration and sat hard on the floor.

She was angry at herself for letting them get away, but she was angrier that she hadn’t read the entire book. No, Tess had seen the name “Liz Parker” and gone into over-drive. She hadn’t read what it said next. She had read enough though to know what would get her out of this cell.

It was time to call re-enforcements.

She hadn’t wanted to, because she wanted to do everything alone. But she knew now she had no choice. She closed her eyes and used her mind to call out to the one person who according to the book would always hear her, no matter where she was.

Song – “A moment like this” by Kelly Clarkson

Well that’s it for Life and Love in London…
But the story doesn’t end there :D
Watch out for the second part of the ‘Three letter series’, which I will now reveal is called “Rocky Romances in Roswell”, on the Alternative Universe with Aliens board on the 20th of August. (I’m going away for two weeks :D Isn’t it nice how I managed to get this up just before that :P)

If you want to see the banner for Rocky Romances in Roswell go to my author’s page. (Link in my siggie)

A HUGE thank you to Poison Ivy for the AMAZING siggie banner!!!

Thanks for all coming along on this ride with me, and I hope to see you all on the 20th!

Mel XxX
Last edited by madroswellfan on Sun Jul 30, 2006 3:48 am, edited 2 times in total.