Save Me, Love Me; Mature, 1/1, 10/06

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

willowbv
Addicted Roswellian

Save Me, Love Me; Mature, 1/1, 10/06

Post by willowbv »

Title: Save Me, Love Me

Author: willowbv

Disclaimer: Roswell belongs to Jason Katims and Co. Liz’s diary entries belong to the show too, (though I’ve amended some bits).
Dip it Low lyrics belong to Christina Milian.

Rating: Mature

Couples: AU with aliens, M/L with minor M/M

Author‘s note: This is just a seg-way fic that I wrote up, an excess idea that I got while developing one of my other fics. I also wanted to write a fic, that only had one part and although it may be a long one, my challenge was achieved, lol.

Summary: I wanted to play around with the whole Liz getting shot and Max saving her idea but have it happen in a completely different circumstances and in a world where aliens, humans and hybrid co-exist. I also wanted to play around with the idea of them not knowing each other at first, making the connection first instead and then falling in love.

It’s just a fun little fic, suspension of disbelief is a must, nothing too angsty, just a good ride. Hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I did writing it…

Save Me, Love Me

Journal Entry

I'm Liz Parker and five days ago I died. After that, things got really weird...
After that night, something changed in me, something. strong...dangerous, undeniable. It's like I have no choice. It's like...chemical.
-

“Come on Liz! Where’s your sense of adventure?” Maria questioned her with a delighted laugh.

“I left it at the door,” Liz shouted back.

Honestly, she had no idea why she let Maria talk her into coming to The Crashdown. It was the coolest club around Las Crusces and was not only popular to the natives, but to people from other places. If you were young and looking for a party, The Crashdown Club was the place to go if you were in the Las Crusces area. The Crashdown had an unbeatable blend of music, special guest stars and had a hint of danger about it, much like it’s owner.

Tonight, the club was packed to the brim, with legal adults of which category she was not. The walls pulsated, sticky bodies grinded and danced, people drank and chatted above the loudness and in general seemed to be having a good time. The Crashdown on Tuesdays played rock/indie music, stuff you could listen to and get lost in. Hence the reason Maria had convinced her and the intimidating bouncers at the door to let them through.
That was her cousin for you; the fast-talker, the wild-flower child studying criminal law at Las Crusces university. Las Crusces to Liz, was a far cry from the crowds and businesses of New York, but in the two years she’d lived here, it had become more a home than New York had ever been. Which was good or bad depending on which way you looked at it.

Maria secured them some dancing space. Tonight, she was determined to make Liz let loose. A light had died in her eyes at the same time her parents had. The girl in front of her now, was not the same girl she’d been two years ago. Liz Parker, had two sides to her, the smart responsible side and the wild-reckless and a heck of a dancer side. Tonight, Maria wanted the latter half of her cousin to come out and play.

“Come Liz,” she shimmied closer towards her. “No one’s looking, no one cares. Let go,” she encouraged.

Liz looked around her and had to agree with her cousin. No one was looking at them, they were too involved in their own enjoyment to bother. The music was great and there was something about being in a crowd…

A slow wicked grin spread across her matt red lips.

…maybe she could get lost in it for a while, she could let go for just a little while.

Maria smiled. Now that was the Liz Parker she remembered.

A few feet away from the girls, another type of wild-reckless behaviour was occurring between a group of four very angry males.
Security, quick and stealth crowded around to neutralise the situation, which they did, but not before a bullet escaped and it one of the wild reckless dancing girls who wasn’t near enough to hear the call to duck and too far immersed in the music to differentiate the sound of a gun shot.
But she felt the difference between peace and pain.

The music cut out, bright flood lights replaced the party lights. People screamed, panicked and were evacuated by security. The girl didn’t see any of this. All she saw was her cousin’s terrified expression, all she heard was her telling her she’d be okay. She felt herself being lifted and carried. And voices, now faraway, voices asking questions and telling her to hang on.

She knew she’s been shot. She felt the bullet, an alien invader in her body. She felt her life slipping and felt so very cold.

Michael had her information up by the time they had her in his private medical office.

He swore harshly when he saw the girl pale and bleeding.

“How bad is she?” he asked Tony.

“Bullet wound to the abdomen, she’s losing a lot of blood. Boss-”

“I’ll take care of it,” he snapped.

He knew what Tony was suggesting, but he didn’t think she’d make it to the hospital and he couldn’t risking this getting out, not now when he was so close to the Braddock takeover. He’d come to Las Crusces to check up on the workings of his club. He frequently visited his investments and this time his timing couldn’t have been more perfect. He couldn’t imagine what a mess it would have been without him to do damage control.

“Max?” he asked.

“On his way,” replied Tony.

“Okay. I’ll handle this,” he gestured to the wounded girl and her cousin. “You handle those four boneheads and the police. I want a full report after I’m done here.”

Tony nodded and left. He didn’t question his boss. He knew that when Michael Guerin wanted to get something done, he would. He’d get the job done even if it was in the grey areas of the law. To him, business was war especially when someone messed with him like tonight.
It was Tony’s job to find out who and why and he was pretty damn good at it too.

“Why are you just sitting there!!”, the hysterical blonde Maria screamed at him. “She needs a doctor!”.

“I know that!”, he shouted back. She was making him loose his cool, he wasn’t big on loosing it so quickly.

Where the hell was Max?

When his friend burst through the doors, Michael thought he heard a hallelujah chorus accompany his entrance.

Max’s eyes were flat, cool and assessing. Wasting no time, he was by the wounded girl’s side. Her shirt had been ripped open to reveal the wound.

“Gunshot?” he looked up at Michael surprised.

So far, in helping out Michael’s medical team, he’d come across hand to hand wounds or minor energy blasts. But a gunshot wound in Michael’s club?

“My guess is it’s Khivar’s handi-work. Wants some scandal before the Braddock thing hits critical. I’ll take care of him.”

Max studied her face, she was deathly pale and shivering, her eyes were closed, but glowing green.

“She Larian?” he asked.

“Human-Larian hybrid,” the blonde girl with her answered.

No wonder she was slipping fast. Larian’s were sensitives in every area even death. She was slipping fast. She needed more medical attention than he could give her on his own.

“We need to get her downstairs to surgery.”

“Max.”

The tone with which Michael said his name and the expression on his face, the apology in his eyes made Max’s heart sink.

“Michael-”

“Please. You know I wouldn’t ask this of you, unless I had to, but she’s dying. We both know she won’t make surgery. She’s only 17.”

His brows shot up. Underage? That rarely happened. Michael employed people he trusted to get the job done.

“I’ll find out how she slipped by, but-”

“Will you two shut up and start helping her!”.

The tear stained eyes of the blonde sheared into his heart. “If you can help her, please do it,” she pleaded.

“Zan. Please.”

Max bowed his head. They were no longer speaking man to man, but alien to alien, brother to brother, General to King.

He took a breath and lifted his head. “What’s her name?” he asked launching into action.

“Elizabeth Parker. Liz,” the blonde replied. “I’m Maria Deluca, her cousin.”

“Okay.” He leaned over here, gently but firmly cupped her face in his hands. “Liz. Liz.” He saw eye movement, she could still hear. Good.

“I need you to open your eyes. Liz, I need you to look at me”.
Her lashes fluttered. She was fighting to open her eyes. “That’s it,” he encouraged, “open your eyes.”

She did and Max ignored the punch the travelled through their eye contact into his gut and instead focused on making a connection. He placed his hands over her wound, urged her to let him in.

She did and changed his life.

He healed the wound, dissolved the bullet, fixed the damage. It was straightforward. What wasn’t so straightforward, was dealing with the fact that he’d seen her soul. They were now connected in a way that wasn’t supposed to be. The images came fast and sharp; the emotions, the words. Her.
And then she was gone, but she wasn’t not really. When he pulled back from her, her wound completely healed, she was still in him. He could sense her fear, confusion and something else, something deep and powerful.

“Max, you okay?” Michael asked.

Liz was now in Maria’s tight embrace, shocked but alive, thanks to Max.

“Max,” he began to thank him but knowing it was coming, his friend nodded in acceptance.

“I’m okay. I gotta go back.” There was probably a few injured during the evacuation, that the team would need help with.

“Okay and Max, don’t worry. I’ll clean up this mess,” Michael promised.

Max smiled. “I know you will.”

Michael watched him go, the man he called his friend, his brother and his King, before turning back to the damage he had to control.

Few people knew of Max’s healing abilities. Healers were rare and far between. The fact that he was an Antarian King and a healer, made him very rare and very powerful. With that great power came responsibility, Max had to adhere to the sacred rules of balance.

Having the power to heal wounds, sicknesses and diseases was a huge responsibility. One Max had a lot more of than the norm since he was on his way to becoming an excellent doctor. He could easily heal the wounded he came across in his job, but he had to let things happen the way the way they were supposed to. He had to do his job without use of his powers the best he could.
Michael didn’t envy him, both his alien and human side were about healing and fixing people up. That was too heavy for Michael, he was more about buying businesses and eliminating the competition, but that was secondary to his family, of which Max was a part of.

Leaving the girls to get a hold of themselves, he rang his attorney.

“Michael, it’s late.”

“I know Alex, but I need you to draw up something for me. Morons shot off a gun at C.D-”

“Oh damn, is everything-”

“I need my attorney right now, not my friend.”

Alert and already shifting through the steps he was going to make, Alex shot out of his bed and put Michael on speaker phone. “Okay. Give me the details.”

“A girl got shot. Human-Larian hybrid chick, she slipped fast, Max healed her. That’s a problem as you know. So I need you to draw up something to protect him.”

“Lucky for you I’m always prepared and drew up something after that Laurie Dupree thing. Give me ten minutes to adjust it and I’ll fax it through.”

“Thanks man.”

Ten minutes later, Maria stared down at a contract that threatened to take everything away from her and Liz, even the clothes on their back.

“You’re kidding me right?” she asked incredulous. This guy seriously wanted her and Liz to sign a contract to not talk about the events of tonight, specifically about Liz being shot, nearly dying and that guy Max healing her.

“No. Listen, you brought an under-aged girl to my place. You obviously have tasteful charm for my men to let you in. She was your responsibility, she got shot, my guy saves her and you’re giving me attitude about this?” Michael argued.

Maria took her time to pick her jaw off the floor. The guy had flattered and insulted her all in one. She was impressed and annoyed.

“I just don’t see what the deal is,” she replied.

“Max is a healer. Can you imagine the madness that would descend upon him for people wanting to be healed? That’s not what he does, that’s not how it works. He saved your friend as a favour to me, because it wasn’t her time, wasn’t her fault but mainly as a favour to me.”

Maria was touched. Here she thought that Michael Guerin was a cold, calculating handsome businessman, turns out he had a heart.

Before she could say anything, Liz signed the papers surprising her. She shrugged. “He saved my life”.

Maria shrugged too, it was as simple as that.

“Okay, so no mention of Liz getting shot, Max healing her. She was injured, but fine, shock and all that. I’ll handle the PR for it, you two just go back to your lives,” Michael told them.

“Max. I want to se him,” demanded Liz.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea,” Michael responded.

“Please, he saved my life,” she pleaded.

“I’ll see what I can do,” Michael relented. “And Liz, I don’t want to see you in my club again.”

“I can promise that,” she responded with a smile.

That was their cue to leave. Maria waited until Liz was out the door before turning to Michael.

“Thanks for saving her,” she began.

“I didn’t do it, Max did,” he responded.

“Still, you could have taken her to surgery, there were no guarantees that she’d make it. So you got Max, that was really nice of you.”

“Thanks,” he smiled. “You free next week sometime?”.

He was hitting on her after her cousin just get shot.

“Maybe,” she replied.

“Want to go out to dinner or something?” he asked.

“Call me, I’m listed,” she told him before making her exit.

“I get shot and then healed by an Adonis and Maria gets a date with another Adonis. Life’s fair,” Liz muttered as she stripped off her clothing.

She hadn’t said much after leaving Michael’s office, even in there Maria had pointed out. She’d attributed it to the shock of it all, which was true, except it wasn’t so much the shock of getting shot but the shock of meeting and connecting with the love of your life, your soul mate in such circumstances.

The instant she’d locked eyes with him, something in her had shifted. She’d always felt…off…somehow, all her life. That feeling had grown since her parents had died. They’d always blamed it on her powers but now, she knew that wasn’t true. She’d been waiting for her someone. For Max.

She still felt him with him. It was faint, but he was there. She knew him, had seen into his soul and connected. They were linked.

She walked past her mirror on the way to her shower and then walked back again.

“This is strange.” On her stomach, was a glowing silver handprint where Max’s hand had been.

“Freaky,” she breathed. She wondered if it was permanent. If anything, it provided her with an excuse to see Max again if he didn’t contact her.

willowbv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by willowbv »

Max knocked on her door at 7pm the following evening. Michael had asked him- no begged him to go because he had a date with her cousin Maria and wanted all the points he could get.

He did and didn’t want to see Liz. He knew what had happened, he’d formed a connection with her. A connection he was only supposed to have with his mate for life, his Queen. He’d formed it with a 17year old girl whose favourite ice-cream was vanilla and who smelt like strawberries.

His dreams had been filled with her, he’d lived her memories, cried with her, felt her pain and loss of her parent’s death due to the hands of a drunk driver. Her loneliness, a sense of drifting, only recognised by someone who’d been doing exactly the same thing, he felt it.
He’d felt something before they connected and after, he felt an over-powering sense of love. How could he love someone he’d had contact with for a few minutes? Someone who he knew from her memories and from her soul- someone who was 17. He was 23. They were at different places in their lives, he knew that, he knew her.

They would never work. His head knew that, but his heart was a different matter, which was why standing in front of her door, he wanted to run away.

Too late.

The connection, flared strong. He felt her nervousness, laced with excitement. The same as him, except he felt dread. Dread that with the colour back in her cheeks, her eyes dancing with golden lights, her hair silkily framing her face, her smile wide and welcoming, he wouldn’t walk away.

“Max, hi.” She stood aside to let him in.

He obliged her and was met with warm and kitschy surroundings as Liz led him to the living room.

“Maria and her mum are out, conveniently,” she grinned. “This is where I live,” she announced proudly.

“I know,” Max responded, “I, um…”

“Saw through our connection,” she finished.

“Yeah.”

It wasn’t just the connection, there was attraction there and it was volatile. Right now, she was in arms reach away. He felt it, human energy to human, alien to alien. It charged, it surged, it jerked them into each other’s arms and fuelled their frantic exploration of each other’s mouths.

Max couldn’t breathe, couldn’t think. She was all consuming, all devouring; heat, sex and desire.

She’s 17

The thought whipped him away from her arms.

“My age a problem?” she asked.

“You’re not legal and I’m six years older.”

She moved towards him, he moved back.

“We wouldn’t work,” he told her.

“Who says?”.

You don’t even know me.”

She closed the space between them. “Sure I do. I especially know that you want me.”

Max cursed himself and cut off their connection; he couldn’t feel her, she couldn’t feel him.

“I feel it coming from you anyway. Larian. I’m an empath remember”.

He could smell her strawberry scent. She was too close. Closing his eyes for a brief moment, he blocked himself off from her senses.

“Clever boy,” she purred, stroking his chest. “But I already know.”

In a second, her legs were wrapped around his waist, her arms around his neck.

“I want you Max. I want to have you right now,” she whispered huskily against his ear.

Max tried to fight against the instincts screaming to be unleashed as she sank her teeth into his neck.

“Liz, we can’t.”

“You saved my life. I love you.”

That pulled him right back to where he wanted to be. “No.”
He extracted her arms from his neck and placed her feet to the ground. “You don’t. I’m sorry about the connection, that’s never happened before”.

She bit her lip. He had her blocked so all he had to go one was her expression and what he saw broke his heart.

“Okay,” she whispered. She lifted her shirt. His eyes grew wide at the sight of the fingerprint.

“This ever happened?” she asked.

Her carefully traced his fingerprint mark. “Does it hurt?”.

“No.”

“It’ll fade in a few days. Liz,” he took her and led her to the couch. “You went through a traumatic time, you got shot, nearly died and then there’s this connection that wasn’t supposed to be and then I heal you. That gratitude and connection mixed together, that’s what you’re feeling. You don’t love me, you don’t know enough to without the connection.”

“Love at first sight?” she supplied.

He smiled softly. “Not that I don’t believe in that, but not for me.”

He wouldn’t fall that way. His soul mate would have to be someone he knew, was friends with, someone he trusted and eventually loved. Not some doe-eyed 17year old who was dealing with suppressed grief issues and wasn’t sure where her life was going. He’d gone past that stage and he had a lot of baggage and responsibility he didn’t want her to have to deal with.

“Thank you for saving my life,” she told him.

Max nodded, couldn’t resist touching her again, so he kissed the hair on the top of her head, inhaled her scent and committed it to memory. And because he knew with certainty that she’d be over it by then and because he wanted to see her smile one more time, he paused in the doorway on his way out.

“Liz.”

“Yes?”.

“Look me up when you’re legal.”

“Sure, before that, how about a phone number to keep in touch?”.

Phones meant hearing her voice and hearing her voice would mean entertaining ideas that would never bloom to fruition.

“Email address,” he offered.

She shrugged, philosophically, he thought. “I’ll take what I can get.”

Max thought he’d never see Liz after that meeting. Unfortunately for him, Michael and Maria did more than go on one date.

In one summer, Michael got himself a girlfriend who lasted more than a few weeks and who matched his stubbornness and argumentative nature with her own. They were both real “vibrators,” as Liz put it.

He and Liz had become good friends as the summer progressed. Max made sure though that he didn’t come into contact with her unless it was necessary. He walked the narrow edge between friendship and something more with her. Sometimes, when he let the connection block slip, she’d pounce on it, on him and sometimes without that, she’d jump him anyway. It always took great restraint to stop himself because he was attracted and was falling in love with her.

But six years between them might as well have been a lifetime. He was headed into the next phase of his life where soon, he’d want family to set roots with while she was just entering the stage he was leaving. He’d told her that, but she ignored him. His friends were useless in helping him. When he’d asked Michael for help, his friend had been merciless.

“Sorry Max, no can do. Just ignore her advances. Tell her to keep back.”

“I have and she won’t listen,” he’d argued. “Plus, I’m attracted to her.”

“Control yourself. You’re so good at that,” Michael had supplied.

“Not with Liz I’m not.”

Michael had chuckled, pleased at his friend’s unease. “Then more power to her.”

Max wasn’t sure how, by some miracle he’d held out. She’d even gone as far as use Isabel, his own sister, as a jump start to dreamwalk him, with every intention of seducing him. He’d caught on when she was left in her bra and underwear and chased her out and banned Isabel’s essence from his mind for the whole summer.

On his last night in Las Cruces before returning to Boston, he dreamt about Liz. About kissing her, touching her, in her room, in her bed.

He toyed with her hair, let it slip through his fingers. “I love you so much.”

She smiled before pulling him down to kiss him sweetly. “I love you too.”

After that, it was heat; boiling, burning, unquenchable. He tasted every inch of her, touched every nerve ending with his soul as she did his. When he entered her, there was a deafening roar and then quiet; serene and comforting. Then she moved and the journey to the edge began. Above a tangle of rumpled sheets, she soared above him, climbing higher and higher, taking him with her until they fell together in a sheer exhilarating drop.

Then he awoke, instantly and clear headed. The scent of her still lingered on him, in his mouth. His skin cooled from heat he must have dreamt about, his body felt sued and when paranoid, he used his black-light to search for evidence on his sheets, he found no semen. Puzzled and strangely exhausted, he went back to sleep, to dreams surrounded with the scent of strawberries.

On her way to the shower that morning, Liz took a few seconds to check out the tingling on her lower back, just above her hips. She had to blink a few times to make sure she wasn’t dreaming. There in lightening blue, was the royal seal of Antar. She traced the v shape, glanced over at the mess of tangled sheets on her bed and smiled slightly confused but wholly pleased.

She was sore and on inspection, had a hickey on her neck. She made her way to her bed and sorted through her sheets. Her jaw dropped when she found what she was looking for.

“Guess I’m no virgin anymore.”

She sat back, remembering the night, the taste of him, the sensation of him inside her. Inside her without protection, a virile alien-hybrid King. The responsible part of her hooked on. She wasn’t pregnant, she would have sensed it - a Larian advantage, but still, thank God they had modified alien morning-after pills.

willowbv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by willowbv »

Journal Entry

The future was always so clear to me before my parents died, but I guess even after, even though I counted on there being any intersections, I knew my goal. The intersections though are what makes life more interesting. Keeping yourself open, letting new people in, changing your mind, I just wish Max would accept that.

With this thing between us, I’ve gone head first into the unknown, Max is still fighting it. I’m following my heart. The tough thing about following your heart is what people forget to mention, that sometimes your heart takes you to places you shouldn't be, places that are as scary as they are exciting and as dangerous as they are alluring, and sometimes your heart takes you to places that can never lead to a happy ending.

And that's not even the difficult part. The difficult part is when you follow your heart, you leave normal, you go into the unknown.
And once you do, you can never go back.
I don’t want to go back.

In Maria’s opinion, Liz was uncharacteristically quiet compared to the past few months. She knew the reason, one Max Evans; a talented doctor on Earth but one who slipped into King Zan mode when the Antarian government needed him for political stuff.
Lives were in his hands either way and apparently, so was the heart of her cousin. Liz had become more of herself since Max, it was as if he fit the lock that he kept her whole personality imprisoned. Now, Liz was responsible sassy fun. Maria hoped it wouldn’t go just because Max did. She doubted it though, because they were connected and, she was cautious to use the ‘L’ word, but they had chemistry and lots of spark.

Though it depressed her cousin sometimes, Maria had to agree with Max’s decision to not pursue their relationship. It could be one of those intense moments and not founded on substance. Maria wasn’t buying that as much as she did at the beginning.

Liz was sat on her bed, leafing through pictures taken of her and Max over the summer.

“Hey hon, you okay?” Maria asked.

“No,” Liz replied. “He said for me to look him up when I’m legal once. He let the connection open between us sometimes unawares and I know he didn’t mean it. He thinks I’ll be better by then, as if I’m sick or something when I know exactly what I’m feeling and what I want.”

“Are you sure about that? I mean, you’re only 17. There’s so much you need to experience, maybe you should take time to go around the block before settling on Max, if that’s what you really want. Have fun without being tied down, just to make sure,” she encouraged.

“I guess I could. I mean, no doubt Max will and maybe this summer has been intense. Maybe I’ll meet someone else, or he will and it’ll be different and I’ll know.”

Ignoring the sick feeling in her stomach, Maria nodded. “Taste a few flavours.”

“Let’s see what time apart will do. Right?”.

“Exactly right.”

Max tasted different flavours too.
He went out with women his age, in his phase; some were great, some weren’t worth the time, but he always thought of Liz.

They emailed back and forth religiously. Liz told him about her life; the guys she dated, the dramas going on in her neck of the woods, her dreams, her future plans to study the excellent molecular biology programme at Las Crusces University. The important and the ordinary, they wrote about.

He’d been mildly surprised to hear that she’d taken a job as a dancer at Peacocks - a bar vetoed by Michael, who was still dating Maria - a day after her 18th birthday. It was something that appealed to that wild streak he sensed in her. She never talked about looking him up, he supposed she’d got over him and got on with her life. It hurt a little- a lot at first, but now he only felt a pang because in the end, it was all for her.
He may be in love with her, but she couldn’t be with him. It was what was best.

Sometimes, he’d dream about her and he suspected with her too. He was sure how that worked, but he’d been treated to several racy dance numbers, had seen the bar she worked at, the people she knew, the guys she dated and she with him. He supposed it was their connection slipping through is control under sleep. The next time he went to Antar, he would have to get more information on that. It would be best for them both, if it stopped.

Although Max hadn’t visit Liz since the summer, he planned to go for her graduation, it was important to her.

He didn’t go. His trip to Antar happened earlier than scheduled.

Liz felt it the instant it happened. She phoned Michael just to make sure.

“Hey Liz.”

“Hey Mike, is Max off-planet?”.

“Yeah. Why?”.

She didn’t want to tell him that she felt it. It was weird enough that he looked at her weird every time he saw her because of the seal Max had tattooed on her back.

“Oh. I just got an email. He didn’t say when he’d be back…I guess he won’t make it for my graduation,” she replied crestfallen.

“Sorry Liz, he’s gotta sort some stuff out.”

“I understand.”

After hanging up, she sat despondently on her bed. She had been excited to find out that Max was going to see her graduate. They were still close, he still meant a lot to her and of all the boys she’d dated, he still came up top. She didn’t think there’d be anyone else bit she wasn’t going to just stand around and wait for him. She’d have fun while waiting as he probably was.

She rubbed the seal on her back, it was itching again. It happened once in a while and she had no idea why. She loved it on her, it reminded her of Max, but it was sometimes a bane. Like the time the exchange students from Tura bowed in front of her when she was with Maria. She’d had to meaningfully correct them in their claim that she was in possession of the seal. Michael had been suspicious too, but she’d guessed Max had told him that they hadn’t slept together, so he just left it alone.
This bride-to-be to King thing had its annoyances, but it was worth it.

It had been a year since she’d heard from Max by email. She knew he was okay though because in a fit of desperation, she had reached out to their blocked connection to feel him out, just for reassurance and she’d got it. A warm rush of emotion and he was there, always in the back of her mind.

It was more than reassuring to feel him there at this stage because things were heating up on the outer edges of Quantia and the Freewind Galaxy; civil unrest, threats of war, other planets intervening, diplomatic avenues were being explored. Antar was one of the planets involved, King Zan, was their representative. Her Zan, her Max. She needed to know that he was okay.

During her dance number, his presence vanished, but she didn’t realise it until after her routine ended. After Kyle, Serena and Billy, Michael and Maria and the rest of the crowd, had given her compliments. When she felt the connection flare in a violent rush, she registered its disappearance for a nano-second before the pain came. It sliced through her in a cry of pain.

She vaguely registered the others around her, asking her what was wrong. She wanted to answer, but the pain, it was too much.

Where was it coming from?
Who was it?

Then she heard it, her name on his lips, once, only once. Then there was silence and only pain.

The bar had fixed their attention on the group, watching in morbid fascination and concern as ‘Cherry Cola’, the dancer, writhed and screamed in pain.

Maria moved to touch her friend’s arm but yanked it back when she saw blood red marks appear then disappear on her arm.

“Make it stop,” Liz pleaded.

“What Liz? Make what stop?” she asked panicked.

“Max,” her face contorted in agony. “ They’re hurting him.” A deep gash surfaced then disappeared on her right cheek.

“Michael,” she pleaded. She couldn’t stand helplessly and watch her friend in pain. “Do something.”

Michael closed his eyes, concentrated and reached out with his mind. Because of the distance, it took longer but he managed to reach him.

// Max //

// Michael? //

// You’ve got to cut the connection. Liz is feeling everything. //

// Oh no, Liz. She’ll be okay //

// Max, I’m coming. //

// Michael don’t. //

// I’m coming. //

Michael opened his eyes to find Liz whimpering in Kyle’s arms. His eyes landed on Maria.

Tears filled her eyes because she knew. He had told her that he might have to go sometime. He’d never expected it to be now, but Max was in trouble, deep trouble and he wasn’t about to stay on Earth as if he was powerless to help.

“When will you leave?” she asked.

He knew that once he made the call, they’d be ready within the hour. He told her the truth.

“Spend it with me?” she asked.

He pulled her into his arms. “No one else.”

They made sure Liz was okay before they left. He made the call. Isabel was already ready and packed. He gave an hour to Maria before he left, not sure if he’d be coming back but knowing that he’d sure try his hardest to.

Liz was subdued but talking when he left.

“Bring him back to me,” she told him.

“I’ll do my best,” he promised.

It was a trying six months for her, Alex and Maria, but at the end of it, her friends got their partners back and Liz felt that warm rush of Max telling her he was there.

She wanted to see him, to touch him, to tell him she loved him but Michael told her that he was till recovering after all he’d been through.

Liz didn’t give a damn, but on the plus side, the unrest in the Freewind Galaxay and Quantia had been resolved and a democratic council created.

She reached out to Max every night. He wouldn’t talk to her, but she sensed him there. She tried dream walking him with Isabel once but he kicked them out again. In one of the few dreams they’d shared, she had found out why. He had nightmares about his captivity and didn’t want her to see. He felt guilty at the pain she’d felt from him the last time, he was guilty about the connection they shared.

She tried to reassure him, told him he had nothing to feel guilty about but he wouldn’t accept it. In their last meeting, she’d wanted to see hi, but he’d refused. She got angry, they argued. She felt nothing from him for months and tried to live her life. She went to her classes, danced, dated but missed Max.

On her 20th birthday, she felt him. A niggling itch in the back of her mind asking entrance. She held out a little before letting him in. Then the hairs on her arms, on the back of her neck stood on end. In the bar filled with people, her eyes went straight to him.

There was a blond girl by his side. She quashed the pang, he had a right to have a girlfriend. She’d just broken up with her boyfriend last week. The main thing was that he was here at last, after so long. Aside from the scar under his jaw, he looked the same only different. His eyes, that was the change, they held more experience, more sadness and joy than the last time she’d seen them.

He wore a white shirt and black jeans. Her mouth watered at the simple sight of him. He stood where he was watching her and smiled a shy half smile. She smiled back before being disturbed with others’ call for her attention. They would talk later, she knew, but since he was here, she’d give him and herself a treat.

“You want to dance fore him don’t you?” Maria asked her.

“How did you know?” she asked.

“Thought you would. The blonde is Tess, he met her on Antar. She’s after his status and he’s comfortable with her. Whatever,” she rolled her eyes. “I’ve got your gear out back,” she added.

“I’m surprised. You’re not a fan of Max and I,” Liz told her.

“I was…concerned at first, but now,” she blew out a breath, “Hell Liz, it’s been three years, you guys have dated other people and still haven’t cooled off each other. You have something.”

Liz hugged her, grateful for the reassurance that she was on the right path. Even though she felt it, it felt good to hear it. “Thanks.”

Maria shrugged and smiled. “Let’s get you suited up and have him lusting after you more than usual.”

Says he wants you
He says he needs you
It's real talk, then why not make him wait for you…

Max didn’t just watch her sensual dance, he drank her in. Every movement, sexy roll of her hips, arching of her back, high kick of her legs.

Dip it low
Pick it up slow
Roll it all around
Poke it out like your back broke
Pop pop pop that thing
Ima show you how to make your man say "Ooo

She was bewitching, magnetic, alluring. She had grown her hair again he noted as it danced in the air. It had been a bit short in their last dream meetings, now it was the same length as when he’d first met her.

It's late at night
He's coming home
Meet him at the door with nothin' on
Take him by the hand
Let him know what's on

She danced with confidence. He wanted her.
She wore low rider jeans, a fitted belt and an equally fitted black halt-neck top when revealed her toned stomach. When she turned around, he saw the seal he’d dreamt he’d branded on her after a dream of them making love. What he’d thought was a dream was now a reality and from his experiences off-planet, he knew what had happened, he had projected himself to her that night without realising it. She had called out to him, cried out to mate and he had unknowingly answered that call.

To the onlookers in the bar, she danced with an added fire that they attributed to birthday excitement. Those who really knew her, knew that the fire was for Max.

Liz danced for him only and forgetting about his girlfriend beside him, Max showed her with his eyes and let her empathic abilities sense just how much he appreciated the showed.

By the end of it, they were in a word, hot for each other. Ignoring the wolf-whistles and claps, Liz hopped off the bar stage and flew into his arms. She squeezed him tight, breathed him in before pulling back.

“Welcome back Cowboy.”

“Happy Birthday,” he grinned.

Clearing her throat, the girlfriend made her presence known.

“Liz, this is my girlfriend, Tess,” Max introduced her.

Liz smiled politely. “Hi.”

Tess smiled assessing. “Hi.”

Liz could sense that she disliked her. That she made her uneasy.

Her smile grew to sugar sweetness. “Could I borrow your boyfriend for a while?”. Without waiting for a reply, she dragged Max to one of the back rooms and kissed him senseless.

willowbv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by willowbv »

Journal Entry

Have you ever had a moment when you're with the one person in the world you want to be with and everything just clicks, and you suddenly realise that you’re both in tune with each other? And that no matter how crazy your life has gotten there's this one moment...this perfect moment...where you could just say that no matter what happens, nothing can take this moment away from me...
And then, something does.

“I missed you,” she murmured against his lips.

“Missed you too.”

She cupped his face in her hands, so grateful to have him back. “I was so worried.”

“I know,” he traced a path down her cheek. “I’m sorry for the connection- you felt-”

“Max, I’m glad for that,” she interrupted. “It was the only way I knew you were alive.”

She leaned forward to kiss him again but he held her back and top a distancing step away.

“Liz, we can’t.”

“Why not Max?” she asked frustrated. “And don’t say age because I’m 20, you’re 26. When I’m 40, you’ll be 46. Not a big deal.”

“It’s not the age thing exactly. Liz, I’m looking for marriage soon, a family. I’m ready for that type of commitment, you’re not. And you’re happy with your life right now, you dated guys, have had a few boyfriends. You’re happy.”

“Now the fuck would you know?!”, she exploded. “You keep our connection mostly blocked up. You don’t know what I think, what I feel. I love you Max.”

He frowned at that. She wanted to hit him with something.

“Tess,” she sighed, “she’s ready for the next step is she? You don’t even love her.”

“I care about her.”

“You’d marry someone you care about instead of love?” she asked.

He shrugged philosophically. “If I can’t get the latter.”

“But you can,” she insisted closing the space between them.

His hands settled on her hips, went around her waist. She felt the warmth on her seal as she was sure he did. Max leaned around to look at it.

“It really happened,” he looked back up at her. “That night.”

“Uh huh,” she nodded. “You were my first by the way.”

“I should apologise for it. I thought I was dreaming, but I can’t apologise for making love to you. I won’t.”

His words warmed her heart. “I’d kick your ass if you did. You love me Max, I know you do. Why don’t you just let us happen?”.

He toyed with her hair much like he’d done that night. “I’m doing what’s best for you Liz.”

“You’re what’s best for me. Do you know how scared I was for you? How terrified I was that I’d lose you?”.

“For a little bit yes and that’s one of the reasons we can’t be.”

“It would be like dating a cop,” she said suddenly.

“What?”.

“Women involved with police-officers who work the streets and stuff. When their husband or boyfriend leaves the house that morning anything could happen to them, but they still risk involvement. And when something bad does happen and their partners come home with a haunted look in their eyes after what they’ve seen, they wipe it away. I want to wipe away the haunted look in your eyes,” she finished softly.

Touched beyond speech. He kissed her forehead before walking away.

“Max don’t go!”.

It was her voice breaking that stopped him from leaving. He couldn’t leave her like this. But he would have to leave her, she was making it so hard.

He was surprised when he felt a welcomed invasion in him which made him turn around. She tapped into his powers and used them on him.

“When I found out what the seal meant,” she explained at his quizzical expression, “I went to Cal. He helped me find out about what it all meant. I told him to keep it quite and I guess since I am technically your fiancee, he obeyed me just as he does you.”

He could feign anger but what was the point. He was proud and glad that she wanted to find out about what they shared, that she could use his powers.

“Look, let’s put this aside for tonight. I just want to spend time with you okay?” she asked.

“Okay,” he nodded because he just wanted to spend time with her too.

Tess was anything but impressed with the way Liz was clinging to her man. Max had told her about Liz and about their connection. She knew he was in love with her and had accepted that because from their partnership, she wasn’t looking for love. She’d get the perks of being a Queen and he’d get a friend for life, as long as Liz Parker didn’t interfere.

When Liz made her way to the back alone, Tess followed determined to tell her exactly where to go.

“Liz.”

“Tess,” she responded in an equally assessing tone.

“I thought we should talk privately.”

Liz hated her, she actually hated her. She didn’t love Max, she didn’t deserve him.

“Okay.”

“Stay away from Max. He’s mine. Find your own.”

Liz appreciated her directness and she returned in kind. “Um no. Max loves me, he doesn’t love you.”

“And what?,” Tess challenged. “I don’t care that he doesn’t love me. We care about each other, that’s enough for me.”

“That’s not enough for him,” she retorted.

“Like you’d know.”

“Check the tatoo on my back, I’m his bride-to-be, I’m an empath, I’m his friend, I know how he feels, I know him and it bugs you that I do.”

“You are way off base little girl,” she seethed.

“I think I am right on the spot,” Liz countered. “I’m not going to vanish from Max’s life and here’s another tid-bit, he’s never going to go through with marrying you. So you can just back off and go flutter those pretty blues to someone else to leech off of”.

Liz found herself shoved against a wall by energy. “Oh, I so wished you’d do that.”

Without thinking, she tapped into Max’s power and in an instant Tess slammed into the wall opposite. Liz knew Max felt it and would no doubt come and interfere. She locked the doors before turning back to Tess. “Screw using powers, I want to plant my fist in your face.”

“Bring it on,” challenged Tess.

Max felt her use his powers and for a second glimpsed the reason why.

“Shit. Michael, we got a situation out back.” He didn’t explain more, he just shot up and made his way to the back. The others followed behind.

Insults could be heard coming from the room, Max used his powers to open the door. They crowded in and gaped at the sight before them.

Liz and Tess were in a physical feral fight - pounding, kicking, slapping. Tess’ shirt was ripped, her hair was a mess, Liz’s top had ripped showing off her black bra. Each girl sported a few scratch and slap marks.

“We need to stop this,” Max said.

“Be my guest,” Michael responded.

“Michael.”

“Hey, I’m way smarter than to let myself get caught in the cross-fire of a vicious girl fight.”

He wanted to use his powers but that would be a last resort. Hopefully his voice would be enough to cut through the rage.

“Enough!”, he shouted.

They stilled, looked at him and then pulled apart.

“Tess with me now.” He didn’t wait for her to come to him. On his way out, he told Maria to take care of Liz.

Panting heavily, Liz watched him leave. With a triumphant smile, Tess followed after him.

“Liz,” Michael began.

“Way to go champ,” Maria cheered.

She was tired and hurt that Max chose Tess. “Guys, would you give me a minute alone please?”.

When they left her in peace, she sat down on one of the sofas and just blanked out. She winced when she attempted to bite her lip. She hurt, bruises would no doubt appear on her face and her chest. She had no excuse for her behaviour apart from her hatred of Tess.

And Max…she had no clue what he was thinking now.

Someone knocked on the door. Hoping it was Max, she called them in. It was Kyle with an ice pack.

“Thought you’d need this.”

“Thanks.” She took it and placed it on her cheek, it stung a little but its cooling effect was welcomed.

“Liz-”

“Don’t start,” she warned.

“What the hell got into you?”.

“She ticked me off,” she replied.

“You got into a fight over Max. She’s his girlfriend! When are you gonna let this Max thing go? The guy obviously doesn’t want you.”

“You really don’t know what you’re talking about Kyle.”

“The hell I do!, I’ve known you for a year Liz and in that time, I’ve seen you pine and cry for him. He comes down here and flaunts his new girlfriend in your face and you just let him. He doesn’t see how wonderful you are.”

Her brows furrowed in confusion when he took a hold of her, his eyes wild with heat.

“Kyle.”

“I’ve been here. I’ve seen it,” he told her impassioned.

“Kyle, we only slept together once and that was because I was messed up over Max. I told you that night.”

“That night meant a lot to me,” he told her.

“What the hell are you crazy? I’m not for you,” she told him.

“You’re not for Max either. Give us a chance Liz.”

“In the interests of your future existence, I’d suggest you let go of her.” Max stood at the doorway watching them with a blank expression on his face. Stepping in, he closed the door behind him. The frigid calm of his voice and what she felt from him terrified her for Kyle’s sake.

Kyle rose his hands fisted. She stepped between them.

“Max, Kyle’s just leaving,” she told him.

“The hell I am.” Kyle stepped in front of her and stood before her, “I care about you.”

“And I’m grateful, but I’m okay now. You can go,” she told him gently.

“Are you choosing him over me? Really?” he asked incredulous.

“I already chose him Kyle. I chose him three years ago,” she replied.

He stared at her for a moment, shook his head and left.

When the door closed behind him, Liz went over to Max. “Are you okay? You calm?”.

“You’re hurt.” He touched her lips, her face, her chest. He healed her. “You’re okay now.”

“Am I really?” she asked.

He waited a humming ten seconds before responding.

“Is Kyle the only one you’ve slept with aside from me?” he asked suddenly.

“You’re asking me about my rooster? Really?”.

“Four for me. Three before you but none after you,” he told her.

She grinned pleased at that. Pleased at the thought of Tess being turned down, she had no doubt tried to get Max into bed.

“Only Kyle after you and it was because of you that it happened anyway. It meant nothing, just a way to blow off some steam.”

“So I heard.” Reaching into his pocket, he pulled out a necklace and placed it around her neck before she could study it.

I know you’ve given all that you could give me to
I know there’ll come a day I understand…

He stood back to admire the way it looked on her.

Until then I’ll be trying to solve your mystery
And wonder why I couldn’t make you stay.

- unknown

“Happy birthday Liz”.

And then he walked away.

The unrestrained emotion she felt for him left her standing there long after he’d left.

willowbv
Addicted Roswellian

Post by willowbv »

For two days, Liz lived with depression and frustration. She needed Max. She needed him to admit and accept what they were to each other, but didn’t know how. At the end of the second day, she got her breakthrough. Maria stopped by and told her that Max had broken up with Tess the day before.

He was staying for the weekend before heading back to Boston.

“Okay. Good.”

“What are you going to do?” asked Maria.

“Whatever I have to. I’ll tie him to a bed and fuck him blind if that’s what it takes for him to see the light,” she replied determined.

Maria blinked several times before responding. “Yeah. Okay, that was very blunt, but will no doubt be effective.”

“I think so,” she grinned.

They spent the rest of the night plotting.

Max let himself into his rented apartment tired and wanting a shower and food before hitting bed. He’d spent the day helping out at the hospital anywhere he was needed. He found Liz in his kitchen, dressed in a sheer white robe which hid nothing - she was naked underneath.

“Hi honey, you’re home,” she sang.

“Liz, what are you doing here?” he asked.

“Thought I’d fix you a meal. Go shower while I get it ready,” she replied.

“Liz-”.

“Go.”

Max didn’t argue again, he’d take a cold shower and gather his control because he’d need it.

He wore shorts and a t-shirt but felt naked under her gaze. She placed the take-away meal on the table and waved her hands over it heating it up.

“Cheat,” he teased.

“Hey. It’s your favourite meal, plus I was too busy to cook.”

His gaze shifted to her hard nipples protruding against the sheer fabric.

She grinned. “Eat up, you’ll need your strength.”

He didn’t argue. He ate. They talked and laughed just like the old friends they were. Clearing up was a breeze since they’d eaten from the original packaging.

“Now what?” he asked.

“Now we relax. You go to sleep,” she ordered.

“What?”. That wasn’t what he expected her to say.

“You have dark circles under your eyes. You need sleep. We’ll hang out on your sofa.”

He dumbly followed as her as she led the way. He was tired but always waited sleep out in-case he had nightmares. He settled his head on Liz’s lap - a mistake because he could smell her scent.

He sat up. “I can’t sleep like this. Not with you so…naked.”

“Get over it because I’m not changing. You still have nightmares”.

“How did you- never mind. Sometimes.”

“Max, I love you. I know you love me, that’s why I’m giving you a choice. You can open the connection between us or I can break it down for you. It’s a two-way thing and so far I’ve let you block me out. Let me feel what you feel for me and same goes for you. We’ll go through everything together, we can make it work.”

He was too tired to argue and more than tired of fighting her. “You sure?”.

She linked their fingers together. “Give me your best shot.”

He did.

He opened up and she felt everything he felt for her, saw herself the way he saw her and in his eyes, in his heart, she was beautiful. That love pried open a part of her that she’d nailed shut. It opened and there was no stopping it, no stopping the tears.

Max was alarmed by her heart wrenching sobs; pain and grief. The emotions hit him like a turbulent storm.

“Liz, what’s wrong?” he asked concerned.

She tried to speak but all he got was a sob and more tears. Not knowing what to do, she shut off their connection. She was shivering, he grabbed her a blanket and put it around her. He didn’t want to touch her too much, just in-case. She sat there and cried and he knew it was because of him. He rang Maria and told her to come pick Liz up.

He didn’t know what he had done but he knew it was because of the connection. It was the reason for the pain he felt from her.

She didn’t look at him as Maria led her away, she just cried silent tears that pulverized his heart.

Seconds after he closed the door behind them, he called Cal. No matter what it cost him, he would end Liz’s suffering.

Under the watchful scrutiny of her friends, Liz ate what was required, spoken when necessary and spent the majority of her time in her room, in her bed. To her friends’ relief, the tears had stopped, but she was still detached, not quite with them. Until the afternoon of the second day into her strange behaviour. While having a salad with Maria, light came into her eyes fast and fierce.

“Son a bitch,” she breathed.

“What? Who?” asked Maria, amazed by the change in her.

“Max,” Liz replied standing up. She hurried in search of her keys with Maria following behind her.

“What? What’s Max done?” she asked.

Liz lifted her back. Maria was shocked to find it untainted by a tattoo.

“He took back the seal that what! Took back our connection that son of a bitch. If he isn’t already dead, I’ll kill him.”

“Liz calm down, what do you mean?”.

“I’ll explain in the car. We’re off to Michael’s.”

Michael had set up permanent residence in Las Crusces because it was where Maria was.

In the car ride, Maria was filled in on her cousin’s secret identity as Max’s bride to be, as his soul mate, as the first guy Liz had slept with.

“Woah. Liz, that’s so intense and you didn’t tell me.”

“I’m sorry Maria, but Max and I were up in the air and I just wanted this part of him for myself, for stability.”

She was hurt, but she understood. Everything about Liz and Max was suddenly very clear. If she hadn’t already known it, this news sinched her opinion that they needed to be together.

Michael found himself ambushed by his long-term girlfriend and her cousin.

“He isn’t dead is he?” Liz asked.

“No. Um-”

“Answer the question Guerin,” Maria demanded.

“He’s alive. Just-”

“Take me to him,” Liz told him.

“Liz, I-”

“Take her the fuck to him or I swear Michael-”

“Okay. Okay.” Max would be pissed, but he was nothing compared to a pissed off Maria. If she wanted to, the girl held a mean grudge and he didn’t want it to be against him.

Liz didn’t even wait to listen to what Cal was telling her. She didn’t care if he was recovering. She didn’t care that the ritual had been dangerous and could have killed him. She wanted to see him now.

She burst into his room, registered the fact that he was, for the moment, alive and proceeded to pound her fisted hands into his chest.

“You arrogant bastard. Give it back!”.

“I won’t. Liz stop!”. He blocked off her hits.

“Not until you give it back!”.

It took Cal and Michael to pull her away from him.

She wiped the tears streaking down her cheeks with the back of her hand. “I hate you.”

“I can live with that, as long are you’re happy.”

“What you’ve done makes me unhappy.” Drained of anger, her shoulders dropped. Taking it as their cues to exit, Cal, Michael and Maria left them alone.

She sat on his bedside. “Why did you do this?”.

“Isn’t it obvious? I open up to you, show you how I feel and you end up in tears. I felt your pain Liz, I didn’t make you happy.”

“Granted I should have talked to you, but I was so overwhelmed- anyway, you’re a moron,” she added with a faint smile.

“How’d you figure that?” he asked.

“How you feel about me wouldn’t bring me pain, it never has.” She shifted and positioned herself next to him lying in his arms. She needed to be this close to him, after so long, she needed it.

“Max, when my parents died, I cried twice and a for a little while. I never properly grieved them. I was all stoic about it, but I locked it away, sealed it shut until you. When you saved me, something in me recognised you. It was the same thing for you, I know it was, I felt it.

And suddenly, it was like I was awake- no, not awake, you woke up the rest of me. When you let me feel what you felt for me, that cracked everything open. I cried, grieved for my parents, that was the pain you felt. I let them go, let myself live because of our love.” She pressed his hand to her heart, “What I felt from you, healed me.”

“I love you.”

She grinned, he let all his defences down. “I love you too. And I can sense it too.”

“Clever girl.”

“Thank you. Now,” she sat up, “I want my seal back, the way you gave it to me the first time.”

“Liz.” He couldn’t stop smiling.

“What? You seem healthy enough. I’ll just get rid of the others.”

“What do you suppose they’re doing in there?” Michael asked.

“Maybe she killed, I would,” Maria replied.

“Maybe they’re talking, sorting things out.”

“You’re just hoping Max doesn’t fry you for this buddy,” Maria teased him.

Cal shrugged. He had to agree, he stood by his actions, but he wasn’t eager to face his King’s wrath.

The trio jumped slightly when the door swung open to reveal a grinning Liz.

“Hey guys, thanks for all your help but we’re good now. I’ll take it from here.”

With that, the door slammed shut.

Cal nodded satisfied that his work was done and walked away.

“What do you think she’ll do?” asked Michael. From the weird way Liz had been acting the past couple of days, he feared for his friend’s safety.

“Probably fuck him blind and then they’ll live happily ever after, much like we will,” Maria replied.

“Oka- what?”.

Maria chuckled and linked her arm with his. “Let’s go home Spaceboy and I’ll show you exactly, what”.

“Do I get a dance?” Max asked.

He couldn’t believe he was here, with Liz, like this. It was a dream come true only not the way he planned it. He had found his soul mate in a 17year old girl, had formed a friendship with her, had fallen in love with her and she for him.

“Nope, you’ve been a bad boy,” she replied straddling him.

“I thought good girls liked bad boys.”

She quirked an eyebrow. “Where on my head do you see a halo? You have a debt to repay to me Max and your punishment will be extremely physical.”

She leaned into him and sank her teeth into his neck.

“Uh huh.” His mind fogged up with the scent of her. Strawberries.

“It will involve complex positions, a lot of focus and stamina.”

“Uh huh.” Her lips crashed onto his and he welcomed it. She was everything he’d ever wanted and needed.

“And sorry to say but your sentence is forever,” she told him.

She stared down into his dark amber eyes in awe of what she found there. He was everything to her.

“I must repay my debt fully,” he began. She yelped when he grabbed her ass and pulled her closer to him. “So I commit myself wholeheartedly to my punishment.” She arched into him when his hands massaged her breasts. She had missed this. “When do I start?”.

“Immediately,” she replied. She shifted so that she had more control. “Hold on tight Cowboy, this will be one hell of ride.”

She was were she was meant to be, with him.

Journal Entry

I'm Liz Parker and three years ago I died. But then the really amazing thing happened. I came to life.

THE END