In A Funny Red Sheet (TEEN, AU, CC) Pt Six 06/14/05 Complete

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

In A Funny Red Sheet (TEEN, AU, CC) Pt Six 06/14/05 Complete

Post by SpiderGirl »

Title: In A Funny Red Sheet
Author: SpiderGirl
Disclaimer: I own nothing on this planet. Roswell belongs to Metz and Katims.
Summary: Max lives his life helping other people, he knows he's alien and has lived all his life on his own. What happens when there's no one to save him?
Coupling: Max/Liz
Rating: Teen

Prologue

He reached out just in time and grabbed hold of the girls hand, she shrieked as she stopped mid air, the car she had been in fell down into the water
"I've got you" he said reassuringly, the young girl about fifteen looked down to the water below
"Please! Don't let go!" she cried
"Give me your other hand and I'll pull you up" he said then grabbed her arm with the other hand and pulled her up over the railings into the crowd gathered when to see the aftermath of the accident. She landed on the floor and looked up to see the face of her rescuer but she was just alone in the crowd. He was gone!
Max moved through the crowds towards the far end of the bridge, the poor girls parents were still in the car. He kicked his shoes off and pulled off his shirt before he climbed up onto the railings and dived in. His splash got the attention of some of the bystanders but he didn't care.
The dirty water made him feel sick but he kept swimming down to the sunken car. He lifted his hand against the heavy water and blasted the car door off, air bubbles nearly knocked him aside as he moved to the woman in the driver's seat. He broke the seat belt with a flick of a wrist and she was off swimming up. Max moved further into the car towards the father but he was lifeless. A quick check and he was barely alive, he laid his hand over the man's heart and began to heal the damage bringing him back. The father opened his eyes with alertness and undid his belt, Max pulled him out and the two of them made their way to the surface.
A boat had come and had already scooped the mother out and they were scooping out the father when Max reached the surface sucking in sharp burning breaths. The lifebelt came down for him but he ducked back under the water and let himself be swept downstream.

Liz watched the herioc rescue on TV and snorted, a lot of crazy guys out there kept up the guise of the Mysterious Man. Everyone believed that there was a person out there, someone special who saved people's lives. She however was not one of them, the whole idea of the man being there right in time at the very moment something bad happened was very suspect. If he always knows when it's going to happen then he must be the cause of it she thought as she stood up and grabbed her coat. She was meeting Maria at the airport later on tonight and then they were going out to a club. She flipped the TV off and left her apartment, she locked up and went down to her car.
She drove in silence for a moment before she switched on the radio The Mysterious Hero has saved again! said the newsman and she scowled then flipped to a radio station with a loud song pouring out.

I can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
I'm just out to find
The better part of me

I'm more than a bird
I'm more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside a train
And it's not easy to be me

Wish that I could cry
Fall upon my knees
Find a way to lie
'Bout a home I'll never see

She smiled and began to sing along as she reached the bridge, she had to cross over the river so she could get to the airport. She could see a crowd milling around holding banners hoping that the Mysterious Man would return, she shook her head in disgust. Idolising someone that was stupid enough to jump into a freezing cold river to rescue people was just insane, yes it was herioc but it was also idiotic.
She turned off to take the shortcut that would cut her journey by ten minutes when she saw someone walking in the middle of the road, she slowed down just in time to see him collapse
"Christ!" she gasped as she stopped the car and got out to check him out, he was soaked to the bone and unconscious, she checked his pulse and found it erratic. Carefully but quickly she rolled him into the recovery position. He opened his eyes a few minutes later and tried to get up
"Don't move, you passed out. You need to come round properly" she said but he sat up anyway holding his head to ward off the dizziness
"I'm okay" he mumbled as he tried to stand up but he lost his balance and fell back down. She helped him up
"I'm taking you to the hospital" she said as she put his arm over her shoulder
"No, I can't go to the hospital. Please, I'm just exhausted" he said trying to convince her "I just need to get home so I can rest"
"You really should get to the hospital"
"Please no... I can't... I just want to go home" he said sleepily
"You're him aren't you? You crazy idiot!" she laughed "Come on" she said as she helped him to the car. That song was still playing loudly and it was reaching the end

can't stand to fly
I'm not that naive
Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me, inside of me
Inside of me, yeah inside of me, inside of me

"I'm Liz" she told him her name as she set him in the passenger seat "You're the Mysterious Man"
"My name is Max" he said then began cough, he leaned over to spit out some dirty water she patted his back as he brought it up. She sat him back in the seat then fastened the seatbelt for him then went round got in and drove off
"So Max, where's home for you?"
"Lafeyette Subway Station" he replied as he rested his head against the cool window
"No way am I taking you to a subway station! I have a spare bed"
"Why are you helping me? You didn't seem overly impressed that I was... that whatever they call me" he said
"I'm not. But if you can find it in your heart to be so daft as to jump off a bridge to save a family I can find some space in my place to let you crash" she said with a smile as he slowly began to drift off to sleep. She glanced over at him soaking her car up, his hair was sticking to his forehead and he had smudges of dirt over his face but even like this he looked amazing. She couldn't help herself as she reached over to brush his bangs off his forehead then scolded herself
"Liz what are you doing?" she mumbled to herself as the song she was listening to ended

I'm only a man in a funny red sheet
I'm only a man looking for a dream
I'm only a man in a funny red sheet
And it's not easy
It's not easy to be me

To Be Continued...
Last edited by SpiderGirl on Tue Jun 14, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 6 times in total.
"Would it be okay if I ride home with you after school?"
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
My Published Works So Far
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Summary: Max lives his life helping other people, he knows he's alien and has lived all his life on his own. What happens when there's no one to save him?

Part One

He was still asleep when she arrived home and he didn't wake up. She checked for a pulse but it was normal
"Huh figures. Great! He's asleep!" she mumbled to herself as she got out locking his door. She went around to the other side and pulled him out, it was a hard thing to do because he's a tall guy and she wasn't that big herself. She had to lay him down on the ground while she locked her car up then she shoved her keys back in her pocket and pulled him up so he was standing; still asleep she noted as she wrapped his arms around her neck and carried him into through the doors and up the stairs on her back. She was covered in sweat by the time she reached the apartment and was beyond caring what happened when he landed on the bed. He bounced down and she pulled her coat off exhausted
"Still not enough" she said aloud and she pulled off her shirt and wiped her face with it before throwing it to the side. She unfastened his boots and pulled them off, she wasn't surprised when water splashed out onto the floor. Then she crawled up and began to undo his pants and tug them off, even his boxers were black! She couldn't get his tatty black shirt off so she just ripped it off and threw the scraps to the side; perfect dust rag once it dried off. She got a fresh pair of shorts from her draw from when her brother came to stay when he was hiding from his latest girlfriend and took them to the bed. Max was still fast asleep as she slid his shorts down and tossed them in the trash
"No more black" she mumbled and turned round then gasped aloud! He was big as a baby's arm! Then he moved, she was standing over him while he was naked. He was going to think she was crazy or something!
"Hey? Wherre am I?" he slurred
"You're at my apartment. You passed out on the road and I rescued you" she explained
"Oh" he said then settled back in the bed then sat up again surprised "Why am I naked?"
"You were wet. Remember? You jumped into the river to save some people"
"Oh yeah the parents" he said then laid back
"So I had to take your clothes off so you don't get sick" she told him and he smirked
"I don't get sick" he told her "Aliens don't get sick" then he passed out asleep again leaving her shocked and confused. Max... the Mysterious Man is an alien? She shook her head and pulled the shorts up onto him to give him so privacy then pulled the blanket up over him and tucked him in then went to the bathroom for a shower. Liz turned on the spray then climbed inside and let the warmth hit her, she'd carried that crazy idiot up seven flights of stairs and the hot water was working wonders on her aching muscles.
Maria opened the door with her spare key and walked in angrily, Liz hadn't shown up to pick her up from the airport and she had to carry and her suitcases up here by herself. She dropped them down on the floor and went in search of her best friend to give her a good piece of her mind! She checked the kitchen and living room with no signs of her then she went into the bedroom and saw Liz's brown hair peeking out from underneath the blanket! Great! Maria fumed! Liz had forgotten to pick her up and climbed into bed! She paused when she heard the shower going and saw dark dirty jeans and big boots; man's boots! Maria moved up and peeled the blanket down to see Mr Tall Dark and Naked lying there. Liz came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around her and jumped when she saw Maria standing there
"Oh My God Maria! I'm so sorry!" she told her friend "I completely forgot!"
"I'll let you off" she said with a smirk as she looked down at Max "It's not every day your frigid best friend lands a hunk like this"
"I am not frigid" she replied "Is he still asleep?" Maria poked him and he grunted but stayed asleep
"Oh yeah" she replied then looked at her best friend "So who is he? What's his name? Was it good?"
"Maria it's the Mysterious Man" she whispered and Maria's eyes went wide
"No way!" she looked down at him "No way!"
"Let me get some PJs and then we'll talk" she said ushering her friend out into the living room.
Liz came out a few minutes later and they sat down on the couch together and curled up under the afghan
"How the hell... no why... how on earth did you manage to get the Mysterious Man in your bed? Tell me everything"
"I was driving to pick you up and I was using my shortcut that saves me a full ten minutes when he was stumbling in front of my car out of breath and dripping wet. I was going to take him to the hospital but he said he just wanted to go home so I was going to take him home. Maria I think he lives in a subway station, I couldn't let him go there in that state so I brought him here stripped his wet clothes off and let Max crash in my bed"
"Max? Is that his real name?" she asked and Liz nodded "You know what we should do? We should call a TV station! People would pay millions to know what we do!" she said grabbing for the phone
"No Maria! No! He's sick, please promise me that you won't tell anyone he's here" Maria scowled but promised nevertheless.
Max woke up in a strange and extremely comfy bed, the sun was shining in through one window and he was only wearing boxer shorts, he looked down and realised they weren't his. He got out of bed and found his clothes lying on the floor still damp, he considered putting them on but then decided against it. He padded out and into the kitchen, with a flick of his wrist the coffee machine was on and he was searching the cupboards for Tabasco. He heard a moan from the living room and his ingrained forcing desire to help people spurned him to check it out. Two girls were curled up asleep under a large blanket, he barely recognised the brunette from last night
"Liz" he whispered as he stroked her face, she was beautiful. The coffee machine whirred angrily and she woke up
"Oh God" she shoved him back "You scared me, how are you feeling?"
"Better. Coffee?" he asked as she slid out from under the blanket leaving Maria to sleep. She followed him to the kitchen
"I see you found your way around" she said nervously "There's something I want to ask you"
"Sure" he said as he reached over for a cup while his attention was on her
"Are you really an alien?" she asked and his hand paused mid air and the cup skidded across the worktop and smashed into the wall
"Oh" she scowled as she moved to pick up the pieces
"Careful you might cut yourself, here let me fix it" he said taking the pieces from her and laying them back down on the counter he waved his hand and it was whole again
"So it's true. What you said last night was true, you are an alien. Is that how you save people?" she asked and he nodded
"I'm the only one" he said "The only one here on Earth, I've never found anyone else like me, I try to live a normal life but I know I'm not normal, I've tried to live a normal life but... I had parents, they adopted me but once they found out I was evil. I was really bad and they didn't want me anymore so I try and do good so I'm not evil anymore" he explained
"Max, anyone with heart as big and mind as daft as yours couldn't be evil. You risk your life to save people, do these adoptive parents do that? If you ask me they're the evil ones" she said he smiled sadly at her and turned around to get something from the cupboard, he'd found the Tabasco, and she gasped when she saw all the scars on his back in clear light, there were hundreds of them jaggered and clear all over his skin
"Oh My God Max where did you get all those scars?"
"From saving people" he explained "Sometimes I get hurt but last night was the worst I think I nearly drowned until you saved me. My life is in your hands Liz" he smiled "And I'm eteranlly grateful"

TBC...
"Sure you can ride me home... I mean ride you home..." he trailed off feeling deeply embarrassed
"I'd like that" she said feeling unlike herself, he grinned and they began working although not really paying attention. - Max & Liz in Where I Follow.
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Part Two

"So where do you live really? Please don't say that subway station" said Liz as she poured herself a cup of coffee. Maria rolled over on the couch and fell off landing on the hardwood floor wrapped in the blanket
"That's where I was born" he began "In that well... it's a little past the subway station. I live in a cleaned out water pipe"
"Ugh" she wrinkled her nose up at the thought
"But I made it clean, don't worry. It's okay, I guess I have to go there to get some clean clothes"
"Do you always wear black?" she asked
"Yes" he replied then she shook her head
"That won't do. That will not do at all! I'll come with you so we can get you some fresh clothes then we're going shopping" she said "i have some jeans you can borrow for now"
"No it's okay. I'll just go dry out my clothes" he disappeared into the bedroom and came back out ten minutes later in dry black shirt and jeans but they stunk to high heaven "I can't do anything about the smell I'm sorry" he apologised
"Give me a few minutes she said disappearing into her bedroom. She found some jeans pulled them on and grabbed one of Michael's shirts and pulled it over her head then tied her hair back in a tight ponytail after dragging the brush through it. She put on flat sneakers and went out and joined Max
"All ready. Let's just leave a note for Maria" she said nodding to Maria who was still on the floor and still very much asleep.

He took her hand as he led her down to the edge of the platform then he jumped down onto the track and helped her down
"Won't we get hit by a train?" she asked fearfully "It's dangerous"
"It's okay, Liz I know when the trains come past and there isn't another one for five minutes" he told her but that didn't make her feel any better
"Max please I think we should get off the tracks" he took her hand and smiled she felt a little better but not by much as he pulled her into the train tunnel. They reached a door and they both went through it and walked down the long dark corridor till they came to a large open area with nice and clean furniture. The curved ceiling of the pipe had been reinforced and painted dark blue down to the floor then there was wood
"The floor is actually steel, I just made it look homey" he said, she spotted the large double bed near some steps and under a little platform that held a large cupboard. There was a kitchen area with a cooker and a fridge and a sink then there was another little section away from everything that was neatly enclosed, she figured it was the bathroom
"This place is amazing. Do you do it all by yourself?" she asked and he nodded
"This is where I was born"
"Do you remember your parents? Why did they abandon you hear like this?"
"I want to show you something" he said pulling her up the steps to the little cupboard "I didn't have normal parents. I was born from a pod" he opened the cupboard and showed her. She gasped aloud
"Oh My God! I've seen one of these before... I've seen this before"
"What do you mean?"
"In Roswell... I was on a science field trip for high school and they took us out to explore desert plant life and I found this cave and there were three of them in there"
"There's more of me?" he gasped "More like me out there? My brothers and sisters?"
"Max... I know where that cave is and know how to find it because it's important to me. It's important because that's why my brother and sister believe they come from"
"Who are your brother and sister?" he asked "And what about the third pod?"
"Michael and Isabel and I don't know what happened to the third pod. They were all empty when I found them"
"Can... can I meet Michael and Isabel?" he asked nervously, he'd never had any clue to his past until now. Until Liz.

Michael shifted his backpack on his shoulder and unlocked the door. He was tired of running to Liz for help, he was an alien for Christ Sakes and he couldn't hide from one over obsessed girl, he'd met Cameron in high school and they'd dated but then she'd never left him alone so here he was hiding out at Liz's for a few days while he got used to having free time away from his stalker girlfriend then he would go back to work and she would be hanging around again. He saw a pile of blankets on the floor and wondered who'd stayed over. He shoved them aside with his foot and the lump of blanket slid across the floor and he dropped his heavy backpack on them and sat down
"Ow!" yelled the blankets the backpack got tossed back at him and a petite woman sat up "Who the hell are you and what the hell do you think you're doing here?!" she yelled as she got up. Michael tried to hide the smirk as he saw her standing there in little boxers and a thin top
"What are you doing in my sister's apartment?" he asked interrupting her ranting
"Oh so you're Liz's lazy brother with the pyscho girlfriend"
"She told you? Oh God" he groaned as she sat down next to him
"She's my best friend. She tells me everything" she said the leaned closer "Mr Wet-The-Bed" he jumped off the couch in a huff. This girl riled him right up, she just irked him the wrong way and he couldn't stand it
"I know you! You're the girl who used to pull all the boys pants down at school, Liz told me all about your childhood Moon Child" he sneered
"My mom called me Maria not Moon Child! Don't ever use those words around me again!" she shouted at him
"You know what?" he snapped
"What?" she snapped back
"You are so hot" he said hungrily and her harsh stare turned heated and they pulled each other close and began kissing. They collapsed on the couch in a tangle of limbs as the door opened and in walked Max and Liz
"Oh My God!" gasped Liz Michael pulled away to see his sister standing there
"Liz, it's not what it looks like!" he cried
"Michael? Maria?" she gasped "Max, you said you wanted to meet Michael well here he is... making out with my best friend"
"Hi" Max waved a little embarrassed
"Who are you?" Michael asked staring Max down
"Oh I'm with her..." he pointed to Liz
"You're with my sister? What are you doing? That's my sister?" he picked himself up and made himself tall
"Michael don't even. Not when I caught you with Maria, now is not the time to play big brother oh and Max is like you" she said before rushing off to the bathroom and locking the door.
"Hi Max" said Maria
"Hey" he said glancing towards the bathroom door
"Would someone explain what's going on?" demanded Michael he felt a burning heat and turned to really look at Max "Zan?"
"Rath?" he replied then got really confused about how he knew Michael.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Part Three

Liz came out and found Michael and Maria sitting together on the couch and no Max
"Where's Max?" she asked looking around
"He left. Said there was something he had to take care of" said Michael
"I told him he shouldn't have left! The guy had some kind of seizure"
"What?" Liz demanded "And you just let him go?" she grabbed her coat and the others did the same
"We'll help you find him" Maria got up off the couch but Michael switched the TV. If Max was dumb enough to be sick and run off from medical attention why should he bother to find him?
"Oh hey! Mysterious Man is saving some people from a fire" he noted and both girls looked at each other
"Michael that's Max!" Liz cried and Michael glanced back and forth between them and the TV then grabbed his coat and joined them. The three of them raced down the stairs not noticing Cameron DuPris standing near the door. She'd heard everything! She took off in search of the nearest pay phone.

It was too hot. He could feel the heat charring his skin, it hurt but he kept moving. The burn was so strong but nothing he couldn't heal later on
"Hello!" he shouted out "I'm here to help!" he heard a whimpering in the room next to him and pushed the door open. The fire hadn't spread to this room but it was billowed with smoke. He looked around but couldn't see anything, he checked in the wardrobe but there was no sign of the noise "Where are you!" he called out then saw a little foot peeking out from underneath the bed. He grabbed the small ankle and pulled till a little boy slid out from under the bed "It's okay, I'm going to get you out of here ok?" the little boy nodded and Max picked him up in his arms and walked back out into the hall, the floor creaked then gave way beneath his feet and they fell down. The boy screamed and Max threw out his shield for them to land on. He let the shield down and was about to get up when the entire building began to collapse in on itself.

Maria, Michael and Liz had gotten there just in time to see the building cave in on itself. Liz screamed and raced past the blockards
"MAX!" she yelled getting the attention of some of the camera crews recording the fire "No! Max!" she shouted but Michael and Maria held her back.
"LOOK!" someone shouted pointing to the middle of the destroyed house and there was a bright green glow, Max had his arm curved protectively around the little boy and the other holding up a shield Liz smiled when she saw him alive. Her brother and best friend let her go as she joined the fire service in climbing over the smouldering debris. Someone took the kid from him and helped him up, he was so tired and weak
"Max!" he looked up and saw Liz running towards him she threw her arms around him and hugged him till he melted into her arms. Some of the camera crews focused in on them, now there was a Mysterious Girl and his real name had been revealed Mysterios Max!
"Please Liz, I wanna go home. I'm so tired" he whispered before his knees gave out
"Michael!" she called out and he came over to help him back to the car.

She tucked Max once more unconsciously into her bed then went out to join the others watching the TV
"We made National News" said Maria pointing to the TV. She sat down and saw the whole fire rescue again. 'Mysterious Max as his other half calls him rescued a two year old boy from a burning building earlier that evening. The girl you see running up to him is Local Proffessor Elizabeth Parker... now we have a special guest here with us. Miss Cameron Guerin" Michael shot up from the couch wide eyed
"What?!" he snapped when he saw his stalker girlfriend sitting there in the hot seat
"Miss Guerin... you claim that your fiancee's brother is Mysterious Max"
"Yes, I've always been close to Max. It was just the three of us against the world until he met Liz. Liz is Michael's little sister and my best friend, we shared an apartment together through college"
"So Liz and Michael are Max's brother and sister?"
"Michael is adopted, he and his sister were adopted into the Parker family when they were six. Max is Michael's real brother and Liz is crazy in love with him"
"With Max?"
"Yes" she smiled then flicked her hair for the TV
"Oh My God I can't believe she's doing this!" Liz buried her head in her hands then heard a knock at her door
"Don't answer it!" cried Maria but Liz got up and went over she carefully opened the door only to have it pushed open by several camera crews and reporters. She stepped back in disbelief as they began snapping up pictures. Michael saw Liz shield her eyes from the bright lights and threw his hand up making the door slam shut. Maria stared up at him wide eyed
"Thank you" said Liz looking over at Michael, Maria was just extremely confused
"You're welcome" he replied she put the chain on the door then went to check on Max. They were in it deep now.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Part Four

Maria stared at Michael as he ate his sandwich, after barricading the door with alien powers Liz had gone to check on Max and Michael made lunch
"What are you looking at?" he demanded
"How did you... how did you shut that door before? Are you really like Max?"
"I'm from Roswell... Liz found my pod where I- well hatched would be the best term for it- and it's pretty obvious that I'm an alien. Max might be my brother from before I was adopted, he might not be I don't know"
"What if Max is your brother then doesn't that make him Liz's brother as well?"
"No, we're adopted so technically Max isn't my brother because I'm a Parker now and even if he was my brother which I really doubt then I don't think it'd stop them being together"
"How do you know Max isn't your brother?"
"I don't know. I just... know, it's like I can sense it or something" he explained then went back to his buttie
"That's a stupid explaination, like you just know? Max and Liz could be committing incest or something and you explain it all away because you just 'know' how dumb and idiotic is that?"
"Shut up! Like you have any area to talk! I bet your inbred" he hissed angrily "Mommy and daddy thought incest was something you put on pancakes!"
"At least I know what species I am" she shouted angrily kicking him under the table. He kicked her back and she lunghed at him, he flipped her over and kissed her hard. They lost each other in the kiss when Liz came out, she'd heard shouting and come to investigate. It was extremely strange to see her best friend and her brother rolling on the floor together.
There was a knock at the window and Liz went over to see Isabel standing on the fire escape, she opened the window and Isabel climbed inside brushing a strand of hair out of her face
"Izzy?" asked Liz wondering why she'd climbed the fire escape
"There's reporters everywhere! I couldn't even get close to the front door! It's ridiculous!" then she spotted Michael and Maria making out on the floor then shook her head and looked back to Liz "Well that happened" she said and Liz burst out laughing
"I take it you heard what happened" said Liz after calming down
"Lizzibit the whole country's heard what's happened! Mom and dad called, they want to know what's going on? They even asked me if I was an alien! An alien Liz! What am I going to tell them? How do we tell them that two out of the three children they raised aren't from around here? And what about this Max guy? Who is he? Is he here? Are you really madly in love with him?"
"Izzy no, I only met him a few days ago and he's like you. He has a pod like yours in Lafeyette Subway station. I nearly ran over him a few days ago after the Bridge Rescue. He was half drowned and needed help"
"So it's true. He's the Mysterious Man?" she asked and Liz nodded
"Can I see him?"
"Sure, but he's asleep" replied Liz and she opened the door and pointed into Max fast aslepe
"Oh My God he's so perfect" she whispered then went in, Max lay without his shirt but Isabel couldn't see his scars due to the dark. Then Isabel's watch began to beep, as did Liz's and Michaels.
"What's with the watch?" asked Maria as Michael pulled away stretching and yawning
"Bedtime" he replied
"But it's two in the afternoon"
"Yeah so" he stood up and pulled his shirt off, Maria wasn't complaining as he stripped down to his shorts and took the couch. Isabel and Liz came out and Isabel went into the guest room and shut the door
"Night Liz!" Michael called before he fell asleep
"Sleep well" she replied and Maria looked confused
"They fall asleep everyday at five past two, they get five hours sleep then wake up"
"That explains why you'd always leave class at half one. Did you do the same?"
"Growing up the rest of the family just adopted their sleep time. I'm going to get some sleep. I'll pull out the air mattress for you if you want to get some sleep"
"No I'm going to watch some TV for a bit" she said as she settled in front of the TV. Liz went into her room and climbed in next to Max and fell asleep.

Max woke up first and went out to the living room to find Maria lying on top of Michael both of them fast asleep. He yawned and stretched and got some cereal. He caught sight of himself in the hall mirror, his hair was singed and he had dirty soot marks on his face and hands. With a quick flick of his wrist all signs of dirt were gone. He sat down rolling his shoulders then tucked into his cereal. He finished up cleaned the bowl and went back to the bedroom just as a tall blonde girl was coming out of the guest room
"Hi" she smiled warmly "I'm Isabel, Liz's sist..." she trailed off when she saw all the scars over his body. White and pink shiny jaggered marks over his tanned skin "Oh My God, what happened?"
"What do you mean?" he looked down as she gingerly touched one of his scars "Oh. Most of them are from saving people"
"And the rest...?" she looked up at him
"I was a bad person. Very bad. I had to be punished by my mama and papa" he explained "That's why I help people, if I do good I'm not a bad person anymore" he explained and he heart broke
"What could you have done that was so bad?"
"I used my magic to do bad things, I didn't mean to do anything but I always did the bad stuff and they got cross. They threatened to send me away to a place where bad people get punished but I did good and helped people then they let me stay, they went on Holiday and haven't come back yet" he told her. She realised they'd abandoned him and he didn't really understand that they weren't coming back, he didn't really understand all that much but she promised that she would help him.

TBC...
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Part Five

I can’t do it
I can’t conceive
You’re everything you’re trying to make me believe
Cause this show is
Too well designed
Too well to be held with only me in mind

Her alarm went off and she woke up alone in the bed. Carefully she sat up rubbing her bed hair back before swinging her legs over the side of the bed. She sat there for a moment before switching off her clock and standing up. She glanced back to the other side of her bed; the side Max slept on and shook her head
"What am I doing?" she whispered to herself then walked over to her dressing table and grabbed a scrunchie tying her hair back out of her face before moving to get changed out of her pyjamas. As she took out some clothes from her wardrobe she saw one of Max's shoes and she paused. He slept, he wore shoes... he saved people's lives... she shook her head once more trying to shrug off her feelings. After her parents adopted Michael and Isabel there had been a lot of questions from a lot of people... some of them did more than question; but they had always managed to pull through because they had each other. Who did Max have?

And how am I different?
How am I different?
How am I different?

He said goodbye to Isabel and climbed out the window onto the fire escape. It was the only way out of Liz's building now due to all the press camped outside her front door. He climbed down and paused half way his mind wandering to Liz. She was the first person he'd truly let close to him and now he'd found family because of her. He scowled as he thought back to the night she rescued him; he didn't like it because he realised that he couldn't save everyone. He had rescued everyone yet there had been no one there to rescue him. He continued going down the ladder, he had good reason not to let people in; he only ended up hurting people no matter how many people he saved he couldn't stopping hurting himself or the people he cared about. All he had to do was look at the situation he'd put Liz in, she'd reached out to him and he'd turned her life around. She couldn't even leave her own house. He dropped down onto the street and stood there for a moment trying to decide something. The press wanted him not her, if they had him then they'd leave her alone; he walked towards the front of the building
"Hey!" he shouted "Hey! I'm Max Evans!" at first no one took him seriously until he raised both hands and let his shield out. It reached the first floor of the apartment block and then he had everyone's attention.

I can’t do it
So move along
Do you really want to wait until I prove you wrong?
And don’t tell me--
Let me guess
I could change it all around if I would just say yes

Liz walked out into the living room and saw Isabel sitting eating cereal and Michael and Liz still asleep on the couch. She walked past the TV seeing her reflection and looked away out of disgust. She was disgusted with herself, she was supposed to be a human. Max was the alien and he cared more about other people than she did; looking at them you would have thought her the alien, all cold hearted and cruel but she was the human. She wrapped her arms around herself as she reached the kitchen and pulled the chair back to sit opposite Isabel
"Where's Max?"
"He went out" explained Isabel through mouthfuls of cereal "Down the fire escape" Liz nodded and moved to sit down. Suddenly without warning energy crackled through out the apartment making the hairs rise up on the backs of their necks. Michael woke up and rolled Maria off his chest onto the floor and sat up. The three of them raced to the window and looked out to see Max's tall green shield up to the first level of the building. Liz gasped aloud and pointed to something on the street
"Oh My God" Isabel clapped her hand over her mouth and both girls climbed out onto the metal balcony even though they both knew they would never make it in time.

But how am I different?
How am I different?
How am I different?

He let the shield down and everyone was asking him questions and snapping pictures. He backed up shielding his eyes with his arm then heard screeching tires behind him. The grey van door opened and out jumped two men grabbing his arms
"Max Evans. Come with us" one of them ordered. He glanced up to see Isabel racing down the fire escape. Liz was just standing there staring at him. He locked eyes with her and could tell she was crying
"I'm Sorry" she mouthed and he just smiled sadly back
"So am I" he replied and she clapped a hand over her mouth as he went limp in the agents arms and his eyes fell shut. They dragged him into the van slamming the door and drove off.
"Nooo!" Isabel screamed as she collapsed against the railings. Liz stood there for a moment before heading back up to her apartment.
She climbed in through the window pulled her shoes on, snagged her jacket and grabbed up the newspaper from the side of couch. Liz opened the door pushing past the reporters and took off.

And just one question before I pack--
When you fuck it up later,
Do I get my money back?
I can’t do it
And as for you--
Can you in good conscience even ask me to
Cause what do you care

The door opened and there was a little surprise before hope, they had to hope right?
"He needs your help" said Liz and the woman nodded "Just... just because he's different..."
"No" said the woman and Liz looked up in surprise "He's not different. He is one of us, just like you or the firemen or the police who protect and keep us safe"
"They don't understand like we do. He's on his own, he can't save himself. Please will you help me?" the woman grabbed up her cell phone and phone book and left with Liz.
The two of them walked down the path joining the seven people she'd already recruited. Three doors down was the next possible rescuer, she walked down the path alone and knocked on the door. It opened revealing a fourteen year old girl, the girl from the bridge.
"He saved your life. He needs your help, are you parents home?"
"Mom. DAD!" called the girl and her parents came to the door
"Max needs our help" she said reaching for her jacket. She was going to help him. He was the reason she was still living with both her parents alive and safe.

About the great divide
As long as you come down
On the winner’s side
And how am I different?
How am I different?
How am I different?

Alone. He sat in the uncomfortable chair all alone, this was the bad place. He knew he would end up here. All his saving and penance would never save him from the fate of being different.
"Hello Max" said the man standing in the corner, he had no idea the man was standing there but his voice sent a shiver down his spine "I'm Agent Pierce. Welcome to your new home, it's not as nice as Liz's place but I'm sure you'll get used to it" he said with a cold smirk and Max stopped breathing; they knew about Liz? Oh god please let her be okay! Another agent came into the room whispering something in Pierce's ear "What? When? When did this happen? Contain them!"
"Sir... there are others" he hissed glancing at Max "Like him" those two words made him feel a little better. Suddenly he wasn't so alone anymore, there were others. Others he could be different with, maybe being different wasn't so bad? He wondered as he lay back and closed his eyes.

Just one question before I pack--
When you fuck it up later,
Do I get my money back?

Spidey
xxx
My Roswell Music Videos
SpiderGirl
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SpiderGirl »

Part Six

Several people held him back while Liz, Maria and Michael rushed in and grabbed him up off the table. Pierce fumed as they helped him away
"No! You don't know what you're doing!" he shouted. One of the people holding him back was his own assistant! He began searching for his gun and took it off him. The people backed out following the four escapees leaving Pierce under his assistants capture. Mardigan held his gun pointed as his boss, the ultimate American dream!
"You are so fired you know that?"
"I don't care. He was innocent" said Mardigan
"He's not innocent! He's a monster! Only here for one reason..."
"To save us. He saved me and my family, anyone whose been saved by him knows that he risks his life to save ours" he said then fired the gun he stepped back and raced out with the rest of the people.

Michael helped Max into Liz's car and just smiled at him Maria was already making her way to the Jetta he owned
"Just go, okay?" he said to Liz "Don't stop, just leave I'll deal with everything. Get out of town"
"Michael..." Liz whimpered, she wrapped her arm around him in a last hug
"See you soon sis" he said before pulling away from her with tears in his eyes. She was associated with him now, they all were, they had to go to avoid being caught. Michael, Isabel and Maria could slip away in the crowd but they would be looking for Max and Liz, there was no way that they would be free now. He knew that he probably wouldn't see his sister or Max again. He stepped backwards away from the car as it pulled away then turned and hurried to the Jetta.
Maria drove like an old man having a heartattack away from the little
facility
"Where we headed SpaceBoy?" she called as she focused her attention on the road
"Anywhere but here!" he shouted back
"Shouldn't we be following Max and Liz?" she asked glancing his way briefly before training her eyes on the road once more
"No" he replied "We're never going to see them again. They're on the run now" he said she just nodded in understanding but she couldn't help but cry.

Liz drove like a maniac as she reached the interstate. Max was staring at her with amazement and it was distracting her
"What?"
"You're amazing" he told her
"I'm not amazing. I screaming inside, I'll never be able to go home again"
"I'm sorry" he apologised
"I'm not" she replied taking his hand and giving it a squeeze "I was a cold hearted person before I met you. I never gave to charity I ignored homeless people looking for some change and I was a real scrooge. The one chance I took in life gave me more than I ever hoped for"
"It's hardly a life to hope for. On the run for the rest of your life, never able to go home..."
"You think they took my home from me? My life? I'm still here aren't I? I'm still alive to make my home from what I have"
"But Liz... all you have is this car and..."
"The clothes packed in the trunk, the two tickets into international waters and all my cash from the bank and you Max. I knew when we rescued you that we wouldn't be coming back"
"How can you give up everything like that?"
"Because you take thousands of risks and chances everyday saving hundreds and thousands of people. I can't live like I used to anymore, I've realised taking chances and saving people... it's what we're supposed to do"
"What do you mean?"
"Well you're Mysterious Man the hero for the people. Who's going to save you when you need rescuing?" she asked and he grinned
"You"
"That's right Max. Me. We're a team now Mysterious Man and Lifesaver Lady!" she smiled and linked fingers with him "I hear the UK has tonnes of people need saving" she smiled as they reached the airport.

The End...
My Roswell Music Videos