Love, Lies & Best Friends (M/L ADULT) COMPLETE Pg3,26/7

Finished stories set in an alternate universe to that introduced in the show, or which alter events from the show significantly, but which include the Roswell characters. Aliens play a role in these fics. All complete stories on the main AU with Aliens board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Hunter, Island Breeze, Forum Moderators

Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Thanx everyone for the great feedback, yes there is angst in this fic but i warned you all from the beginning :)

su-lyn
Earth2Mama
flyawayraven
Ellie
Mariael311
frenchkiss70
hazz
behrlyliz
FSUMSW94
kay_b
obsession
vampyrax
janesdilemma
begonia9508
BehroObsession
Timelord31
FamersAmers
taressa05
anonymousarfan
RASaero611
stargrl678
Grace52373
martine
Jason's Lover
linliz68
roswellgirl_21
behrpaw_69

Part 10

Almost four months later

“Honey did you call the dress shop to confirm the fitting” Nancy Parker calls out to her daughter as she rushes around the café. Today was Liz’s last day working at the Crashdown until after her and Max return from their honeymoon.

The place was packed and Liz kept looking at the clock, Max would be there any minute to take her to the airport where they would be picking up Maria. She was so excited she couldn’t concentrate which is why she had stuffed up quite a few orders that morning.

“Liz, did you call?” Nancy questioned again as Liz walked past her on her way to put an order in.

“Um yeah” she said vaguely.

Liz and Isabel had already had the majority of their dress fittings and Maria had sent her sizes down from New York. So all that was needed now was for Maria to go in as soon as possible so the dressmaker could make the final changes for the dress.

There were still a couple of weeks to the wedding but there was so much that needed to be done.

“Ok good” Nancy sighed relieved, the dresses were being left to the last minute and it was worrying Nancy slightly. She already had her dress upstairs and she wanted to be sure that her daughter got the wedding of her dreams.

“God I wish these people would leave, I’m never going to get out of here” Liz cursed looking at the clock. She needed to leave in a half an hour and the lunch crowd wasn’t easing up, on top of that she was working with Agnes who was famous for her impromptu breaks and never pulled her weight.

Realising her daughter was right when the bells chimed and another group of people walked into the crowd Nancy grabbed an apron and pitched in to help, she knew how important being at the airport for Maria was too Liz. Nancy was so happy that Maria would be returning to be there for Liz on her most important day.

When Max walked into the Crashdown twenty minutes later he knew there was no way that Liz was going to get out of there on time.

“Hi babe” she smiled as she rushed passed him carrying plates of food.

“Can I help?” he found himself asking.

“yes” Nancy answered before Liz got the chance.

“Just go behind the counter and pour drinks.” Liz suggested.

Max did the best he could for the next five minutes pouring soft drink and making coffee but he had no idea when it came to the shakes, luckily one of the other waitresses showed up and Nancy pushed Liz and Max out of the restaurant. “Go while you’ve got the chance” she said.

“Thank you so much Mum” Liz hugged her.

Liz quickly changed and amazingly enough they piled into the jeep and were on the road towards the airport right on time.

“God what a morning, I’m so glad I don’t have to go back for a month” she sighed.

Max smiled and reached out for her small hand “It was mad in they’re this morning by the looks of things”

“That’s for sure” she said.

“So are you excited?” Max asked her then, she had been smiling and chatting on the phone with Ria all week and it was impossible not to be excited for her.

“God yes” she sat up and grinned. “God it’s been almost a year since I’ve seen Maria” she told him.

Max frowned and his eyebrows scrunched up “Maria?” he asked who the hell was Maria?

Liz looked at Max confused “Yeah you know Maria my best friend that lives in New York” she laughed thinking that Max had a brain explosion or something, she had told him everything about her over the past 7 months.

Max went white as a ghost “Um I thought her name was Ria” he said.

Liz laughed then “yeah that’s what everyone in Roswell calls her, Ria is just short for Maria” she explained.

“Um oh” he said. Inside he was panicking, no it couldn’t be possible he told himself but then when he thought back to all the things that Liz had told him about Maria the more likely it seemed that it was the same Maria he had dated when he was in New York.

No New York is a massive place Max, he told himself. There must be like a million Maria’s.

“So we have to go for the final dress fitting this afternoon” she told Max. “and Isabel rang the florist and confirmed that they would be able to get all the roses we want” she told him happily.

Max smiled as she talked about the wedding, he couldnt wait to marry her.

They had been living together for three months now and things couldn’t have been more perfect. He loved coming home from work and school to her loving arms but even more than that there was nothing better in the world than waking up in the arms of the women you know you are going to love and be with for the rest of your life.

“That’s great” he said raising her hand to his lips and kissing it.

“So have you got everything organised for the honeymoon?” she asked him.

Max smiled and then laughed at her “It’s not going to work so you can stop trying to read my mind you little minx” he told her. He had wanted to plan their honeymoon as a surprise but Liz had been unable to help herself from trying to find out where he was taking her, using their bond to try and find out clues but Max was smarter and had placed a block up around the entire thing so Liz wouldn’t be able to find out.

Liz pouted “your no fun” she told him.

“still not telling you” he told her.

Twenty minutes later they were walking into the airport, they checked the screens and found out that they were right on time because the flight from New York had just landed.

Liz and Max stood hand in hand at the gate that Maria’s flight was unboarding, Liz continued to rise to her tippee toes when people started disembarking to see if she could spot Maria.

“Oh god there she is” she squealed.

Maria looked around the airport excitedly as she unboarded, it had been a long flight and she was tired but she knew once she saw Liz she would be revved up. There was so much to catch up on and do and she couldn’t wait to meet the man who had won over her best friends heart.

Letting go of Max’s hand Liz raced towards her best friend. Maria spotted Liz running towards her and dropped her carryon to hug her best friend.

“Oh god I missed you” Liz cried “I’m so glad you’re here” she told her.

“Oh it’s so good to see you chica and I missed you too” Maria laughed, they both had tears in their eyes and they felt stupid.

“You’re here” Liz squealed then.

“Your getting married” Maria squealed back.

Something in the background caught Maria’s eyes then and she looked over Liz’s shoulder and her world stopped. Dropping Liz’s hand she took a few steps to the side when she saw him.

“Zander?” she called out.

“What!” Liz gasped “Where?” she asked as her eyes started scanning the airport looking for the man she thought she would be able to recognise in a second.

Maria raised her hand and pointed in the direction her eyes were locked on “There” she whispered.

Max couldn’t move when he finally caught sight of the women in his fiancée’s arms. Of the million Maria’s he was sure there would be in New York the very one he had happened to date and broken up with had unboarded the flight and turned out to be Liz’s best friend.

He knew that he had stuffed up right then. Although he had been honest with Liz he had never disclosed certain details about Maria to her because he didn’t think it was important. He had never dreamt that his path would cross with her again.

Liz looked to where Maria was pointing but the only thing she could see was Max.

“Um Maria I cant see him” Liz told her.

“There Liz, he’s standing right there” she said.

Liz frowned “Maria that’s Max” she said but Maria ignored her.

Liz waved Max over then and he began approaching slowly, it was only when he got a little closer did Liz see how pale he was and the way he was looking at her best friend.

“Zander?” Maria asked.

Max closed his eyes for a brief second before opening them “Hi Maria” he said.

Liz stood confused as she watched Max and Maria. For some reason Maria kept calling him Zander and Max hadn’t corrected her.

It was an even bigger shock to her when her best friend moved forward and hugged him.

Max was just as shocked and had to react quick as she knocked him backwards, he hugged her hesitantly whilst she hung on to him for dear life but he didn’t meet his mates eyes because he knew he would see hurt and confusion there.

“What are you doing here?” Maria smiled at Max when she pulled back.

Max shifted nervously and placed his hands in his pockets, something he only did when he was extremely nervous and uncomfortable Liz knew.

Liz cleared her throat her Maria turned to her “Lizzie it’s Zander” she beamed.

“Max?” Liz turned hurt eyes to her fiancée.

Max finally raised his eyes to his love and they were laced with apology.

“Yeah where is this fiancée of yours, Liz?” Maria asked then obviously not hearing Liz before. She was so wrapped up in finally finding Zander again that she had completely forgotten about the man her best friend was going to marry.

Liz’s mouth couldn’t work she just continued to stare at Max begging him silently for an answer.

“Right here” Max spoke up.

“Huh?” Maria said.

“I-I don’t know what’s going on Maria, but that isn’t Zander. That’s Max” Liz finally found her voice and explained.

Maria looked from Liz to Max and then back again not quiet understanding what Liz was saying.

Max held out his hand then “Hi I’m Maxwell Phillip Evans” he said.

Maria looked at his hand and then at his face “No your Zander Evans” she said.

The name finally made sense to Liz then “Oh god” she gasped.

Completely forgetting about Maria when he heard Liz gasp and saw the tears spring to her eyes “Liz” he said moving to take her into his arms but Liz quickly took a step back, she needed to think and she couldn’t do that while she was in Max’s arms. He had a way of making her forget about everything but him, and them and right now she needed to think because nothing was making sense.

How was it impossible that Max was Zander, the same Zander that her best friend was in love with?.

“Lets just get Maria’s stuff and get out of here” she said.

“I’m confused could someone please tell me what the hell is going on?” Maria said then also becoming upset, because she knew that the man in front of her was her Zander so how could he be Liz’s Max?.

“Not here” Max told her.

They walked towards baggage then in silence and Max picked up Maria’s bags for her when she pointed them out and carried them to the jeep. Max threw the bags in the back and turned to help both the girls into the jeep but found they had already hopped in. Sighing he walked around and jumped into the drivers seat.

Closing her eyes and trying to get herself together Liz turned in her seat to face Maria “So how was your flight?” she asked her.

“Oh you know way too long” Maria joked picking up on Liz’s act and going with it which came as a huge relief to Max.

They continued discussing everything except anything that had to do with Max the whole trip. But the tension immediately returned when Max pulled the jeep up in the driveway of their house.

“Wow” Maria said looking up.

Max had no idea what to do and he just sat there “Lets go inside” Liz suggested hopping out and leading Maria into the house.

TBC............Wednesday

Skirts, TPIHF & Some Girls will all be updated tonight
Last edited by Emz80m on Sun Jun 12, 2005 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Well since i was nasty and left you all at a cruical spot i'm back a day early :D

Um actually i'm really back because tomorrow night is a big footy night for me and i might have enough time to post all the updates.

Thank you very much for the feedback, i really appreciate it guys and welcome new readers and feedbackers :D

cocopucks
Earth2Mama
kay_b
Jason's Lover
obsession
martine
HBGO
behrpraw_69
Timelord31
flyawayraven
su-lyn
RASaero611
FSUMSW94
begonia9508
behyrlyliz
taressa05
Behrsgirl1230
Chione
madroswellfan
hazz
Grace52373
FamersAmers
Stars in my eyes
frenchkiss70
vampyrax
Lizza
Sali103
roswck
anonymousarfan
confusedfool

Part 11

Liz was sitting on the lounge and Maria was pacing when Max entered and the room was silent but it didn’t last for long.

“Ok” Maria started “I played the ask no questions game on the way home now will someone please tell me what the hell is going on?” she said, the Deluca dramatics showing themselves.

“Liz?” she questioned.

“I don’t know” Liz answered truthfully her eyes raising to meet Max’s.

“Max?” she said.

“Stop calling him that, Liz his name is Zander” Maria snapped.

Max shook his head “No Maria, my name is Max” he sighed.

“What do you mean?” she asked him.

“My name is Maxwell Phillip Evans” he told her again.

“Why did you tell me your name was Zander?” she asked hurt.

“Because that was the name I was using while I was living in New York” he told her his eyes drifting to Liz’s who were closed in pain.

“Oh god” she whispered.

“You’re her Zander” she whispered.

“No I’m your Max” he said his voice pleading with her to believe him.

“Oh god, oh god” Maria chanted.

Max couldn’t stand there and watch any longer he moved towards Liz and kneeled in front of her “baby I didn’t know” he said in anguish that he was hurting her. His concern was all for Liz he had completely forgot about Maria who was standing by and watching him, waiting for him to explain something to her.

It seemed so stupid that something like this could happen, he should have put the clues together sooner but he just didn’t see the need too. He had never thought much about Liz’s best friend Ria who lived in New York, now he wished had had paid more attention to the things Liz told him, the stories rang so familiar now.

The phone started ringing continuously then and when Max realised that whoever was on the other end wasn’t going to give up he hopped up to answer it.

“I can’t believe your marrying my Zan” Maria whispered then turning accusing eyes on Liz.

Liz looked up at her surprised that she would say something like that, sure the situation was confusing but she hadn’t done it intentionally “he’s my Max, I didn’t know he used the name Zander in New York” she said.

“How could you not have! You should have, you’re my best friend you shouldn’t be marrying the man I love” she cried. Maria was hurt and angry and she needed to direct it somewhere and unfortunately Liz was the target.

Max walked back in just in time to hear the last comment and saw the tears flooding Liz’s eyes because of what Maria said, he resisted the urge to yell at her knowing it wouldn’t help the situation and that this was all his fault.

“Um Liz” he said deciding to interrupt, he knew it was the last thing that Liz would want to hear right now but he thought a change of subject might relieve some of the tension “that was your mum, she said she’d meet you and Maria at the dress shop in a half an hour” he told her.

Liz sighed, she had completely forgot about the dress fitting for the wedding, an hour earlier she had been so excited about it.

“I cant handle this” Maria cried as she watched the tender way that Max looked at Liz and the mention of the dresses. Her best friend was marrying the man she was in love with and she was supposed to stand next to her “I have to go” she said before storming out of the house.

Liz stood up to go after her but Maria moved to quickly and had already fled the house by the time Liz reached the front door. Realising she needed to give Maria time she returned to the lounge and sat back down.

Max sat by Liz and waited for her to say something, he knew she was upset but he had to let her talk to him in her own time. Maria’s homecoming had been nothing like he or Liz anticipated.

As predicted after ten minutes of silence Liz raised her eyes “Why did you use your alien name in New York?” was the first thing she asked.

Max sighed and ran a hand through his hair “I was hiding” he admitted “my parents were trying to convince me to come home but I wouldn’t” he shrugged “it was easier to run when you don’t use your own name” he admitted.

Liz nodded, she understood about his missions and the problems it had caused with his parents. He had told her everything about it but she was so angry with him right now. She knew realistically that she shouldn’t be, he had never lied to her, he had told her all about his girlfriend in New York and the story matched the story that Maria had told her about Zander she just hadn’t put the two together the same way Max hadn’t, but it still hurt.

“I don’t know what to think or feel right now about all this” she admitted “my best friend is in love with you” she said looking at him and the anguish she was feeling over the entire situation was evident in her voice as well as through their bond “how am I supposed to feel about that?”

Max was shocked, “she doesn’t love me, Liz” he denied.

“Yes Max, yes she does” she cried “and I mean you slept with her, you’ve been with my best friend” she cried.

Max closed his eyes in anguish, no one likes to believe that your past mistakes will come back to haunt you.

“I’m so sorry I had no idea” he told her “I didn’t put the dots together and I’m so sorry baby” he said begging her to forgive him.

Liz nodded, she knew that he hadn’t intentionally kept anything from her she could feel it through their connection.

“What are you doing to do about the dress fitting?” he asked.

Liz wiped her eyes “Um I don’t have a clue” she shook her head. “but I better go meet my mum” she said, she needed some space to think and most importantly she needed her other best friend and Isabel would be there waiting for her.

Max watched her go sadly, it was hard to believe that an hour ago him and Liz were the happiest they had ever been and now that very happiness was threatening to come down around them.

Maria sobbed the entire way to her mothers house, her mother wasn’t expecting her though so there was no one there when she got there.

She was hurt and angry.

She couldn’t believe that Zander had lied to her. Even though they’re relationship had only be short she had believed that it had been special. Maria thought they had a unique connection and had shared all of themselves in the short time they were together.

Sure Zander had always been hesitant to talk about his family and past but Maria had always assumed that it was because something bad had happened in the past and that in time he would get by that and be able to confide in her. So she couldn’t understand why he had lied about his name.

But most of all she couldn’t understand how he was in Roswell and engaged to her best friend.

Liz took one last look at her face in the rear view mirror, she knew her mother and Isabel would know that something was wrong right away, it didn’t matter how much foundation Liz used to cover up her red puffy eyes it was the sad look reflected in her eyes that would give it away.

Realising she was already ten minutes late Liz ran across the road and into the dress shop.

“Liz you’re here!” Her mother sighed in relief when she entered.

“Where’s Maria?” her mother looked around confused when Liz walked in alone.

Liz swallowed the lump in her throat and tried to keep the tears that were gathering up again at bay “Um she couldn’t make it” she said.

Nancy’s frown deepened “what do you mean she couldn’t make it?”

Isabel studied her best friend and could tell that something was very wrong.

“Look why don’t we just go ahead without her for the moment” she said, gesturing to the dress maker to get Liz’s dress.

Liz nodded thankful that Isabel had helped her. She allowed Isabel and her mother to help her into her wedding dress then.

“You look beautiful” Isabel grinned.

“Yes you do” Nancy agreed.

Liz turned and looked at herself in the mirror “Put your dress on Isabel” Nancy told her.

Liz smiled tearily at her reflection, this was the dress of her dreams and she was going to marry the man of her dreams. She felt him send her waves of love over their bond and it only served to make her cry harder.

“Shh” Isabel soothed her as she took her in her arms.

As soon as Liz felt her arms surround her she lets the sobs out and they racked her body. Isabel just stood their and let Liz cry her heart out in her arms, she had no idea what had happened to make her this upset but assumed that it had something to do with Max since it had effected her so strongly.

Once Liz had calmed down the dressmaker made the final adjustments to her and Isabel’s dresses “What about the other dress?” she asked Liz.

“Um can I let you know?” she asked.

“Sure” she nodded “but if it’s going to be altered in time to fit than she better come in this week sometime”

“Um ok” Liz agreed.

“Lets go for coffee” Isabel suggested as they walked out, Liz hugged her mother silently thanking her for not asking too many questions that she just couldn’t answer right now.

They walked to a small coffee shop up the road and placed their orders before sitting down.

“What’s going on?” Isabel asked her.

Liz smiled sadly.

“Where’s Maria?” she asked then.

“I-I don’t know” she answered “she took of angry and I’m not sure if she’s going to be in the wedding anymore” she voiced her fears.

Maria sobs had finally lessened and now she was unpacking and her anger was rising.

How dare Zander leave her without so much as an explanation and then come to Roswell and woo her best friend, and how dare he not tell her best friend about her.

There were so many things going through Maria’s head right now and she didn’t know where to start with sorting through them, but one thing she did know for sure was that there was no way she could allow her best friend to marry Zander or Max or whatever the hell his real name was.

It was obvious that Maria’s initial fears about Liz’s and Max’s relationship was right. Liz had rushed into this engagement with Max, because it was obvious she didn’t know him.

She thought about how Zander had looked at her best friend then and her heart ached, she hadn’t missed the soft look in his eyes or how concerned he was that Liz was upset and she felt even angrier. It was her that had been left alone and in love, it was her whose best friend was marrying the guy she loved. Didn’t she deserve something from Zander, some sort of affection?.

TBC............Still Sunday :twisted:
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, well i decided to post early again since your all enjoying this so much!

Firstly, I want to make it clear that it was and is in no way my intention to make Maria seem like the bad person in this fic. Maria does what she thinks is right under the circumstances but she's letting her feelings guide her!

All three parties are hurt in this situation, but in the end I'm a dreamer and i make that very clear at the start of all my fics so the main focus will always be Max and Liz.

Thanks for the feedback and your support!

othocfan4ever
Erina258
flyawayraven
FSUMSW94
kay_b
behrlyliz
frenchkiss70
Earth2Mama
Ellie
Timelord31
RASaero611
BehrObsession
taressa05
Grace52373
Jason's Lover
anonymousarfan
hazz
vampyrax
su-lyn
FamersAmers
slyvia37
begonia9508
behrpaw_69
Mariael311
linliz68
roswellrox
Behrsgirl1230
martine
roni230
obsession

I would also like to say a big thank you to those who nominated me for Most Improved Writer! it's an honour.

Part 12

“So let me get this straight” Isabel frowned “Whilst in New York Max used the name Zan and dated Maria for a few months, he ended things to move to Roswell where he met, fell in love and proposed to you? And basically had no idea that you and Maria knew each other.”

Liz smiled despite herself when Isabel simplified the problem that was threatening her happy life so casually.

“In a nutshell” Liz replied.

Reaching over the table Isabel placed her hand on top of Liz’s “Liz, you know he loves you right?”

Liz nodded, she had never doubted that and if she reached out now she would be able to feel it from him.

“So Maria’s what? Angry, upset?” she asked.

“To tell you the truth I think she was in denial” Liz said “she kept calling him Zander and snapping at me when I would call him Max”

“Well then you need to talk to her, and so does Max” Isabel told her.

Liz nodded “I know I was just giving her a chance to calm down”

“Smart idea”

“I really need Alex right now” she said.

Isabel nodded in understanding but Alex wasn’t due out until the a few days before the wedding, she made a decision there and then to call him as soon as she got home and find out if there was any way he could get to Roswell sooner.

Max busied himself around the house trying to resist the urge to keep reaching out to Liz through their bond, he could fell her presence but she had tuned out her direct emotions from him, so if he wanted to know he had to call to her and he knew that might upset her right now.

He jumped when the door bell un-expectantly rang and took a calming breath before rushing towards it.

Maria steeled herself as she waited for someone to answer the door. She knew exactly what she wanted to say and she wasn’t going to leave until she did.

“Maria” Max greeted when he opened the door, he was surprised to see her but extremely happy. He hoped she had come to talk things through with Liz so that they could put all of this behind them.

“Come in” he said standing aside.

“So this is the house you bought her” she commented bitterly looking around for the first time.

It was small but nicely decorated and she recognised some of the things from Liz’s room, however there were no photos yet.

Initially she had been so happy for her best friend but now she saw the house for what it really was, a bribe something Max was using to compensate his lies with.

“Yeah” Max scratched his ear nervously.

“Liz isn’t back from the dress fittings yet” he told her then.

“that’s fine I actually want to talk to you” she said.

“Ok” he said. They took a seat in the lounge room and Max waited for her to speak, he suspected she had questions.

“So you’ve got some nerve Zander” she started.

“Max” he frowned, he hated being called Zander. Most people in New York had settled for Zan and it had been weird enough but he had never liked the way Maria had called him Zander.

“What?” she said.

“Max, Maria. My name is Max and I’d prefer if you call me that” he said softly.

Maria shook he head “Well I would have preferred it that you hadn’t lied to me about your name” she snapped. “But fine I’ll call you Max”

“Thank you” he said.

“Like I was saying, you’ve got a lot of nerve. You take off without so much as an explanation and then you move to Roswell and woo my best friend”

Max was completely taken back, woo?

“Well firstly I didn’t know Liz was your best friend but to be honest even if I did it wouldn’t have stopped me. I love her, I did from the first second I saw her” he told her.

Maria scoffed “Yeah well with your track record you wont be surprised that I don’t believe you”

Max frowned “I’ll ignore that because you don’t know what you’re talking about. You don’t know me Maria so don’t pretend to” he replied.

“Oh don’t I?” she challenged. “I know that you like strong cappuccinos which you lace with sugar and Tabasco, I know that you’re a law major at university, I know you wear boxers not briefs, heck I know what you look like naked. I’d say that’s a lot to know about somebody” she replied.

Max sighed “Look Maria I know I hurt you when I ended things but in my defence what we had was hardly serious. We went on a handful of dates over two months and we only slept together once” he told her. It sounded reasonable enough to him when he ran it through his head so her reaction to his words surprised him.

“Not serious” she roared “you were only with Liz three months before you proposed Max so by my calculations if you had stuck around then we’d be married by now”

Max’s eyes widened “No” he objected shaking his head “we would never have gotten engaged because I just didn’t have those types of feelings for you, if I had then I would have stayed in New York”

“Don’t lie, Max and please don’t rubbish what we had” she cried.

Sighing Max moved to sit next to her “I’m not trying to do that but it’s obvious that you believed what we had was a lot more than I did” he tried to explain.

Maria started crying again then, it hurt hearing that he didn’t feel the things for her that she had felt for him. It hurt that she had fallen in love with him but that he had been unable to love her back. But it especially hurt that he was picking her best friend over her.

In the entire time that Liz and Maria had been friends they had never fought over guys. They never were interested in the same boys during school, Liz opting to shy away from dating and concentrate on school instead.

“I just don’t understand why you just left” she cried.

Max sighed “Because there was nothing keeping me in New York” he said softly “I was hiding from my family and it was time for me to come home, I missed them” he told her.

Maria wiped her eyes then “so you just pick up and leave?”

“I’d already made the arrangements to leave before I met you, I thought that we were on the same page that what we had between us was fun” he frowned.

“Well it wasn’t” she cried “I fell in love with you and you tossed me aside like I didn’t matter and now you’re here doing it all over again”

Max frowned “that’s hardly fair. I love Liz and we’re committed to each other forever” he told her.

“Oh sure until the next alluring thing comes along or you have to run from something again” she argued.

Max shook his head there was not getting through to her “No Maria. Liz is forever for me” he said. He didn’t know how to make her understand that there could never be anyone else, not that he would want there to be.

Liz could hear raised voices as she unlocked the front door and the scene that greeted her surprised her.

She stood and watched as her best friend stood from the lounge and began yelling at her fiancée and she felt renewed sobs gather low in her throat.

“And I thought you were my forever” she yelled angrily.

Max stopped shocked and swallowed the lump in his throat. How had he totally missed the feelings that Maria claimed to have for him?. Every time they had been together everything had been so casual and fun, there had been no soul sharing like with Liz, nothing.

“I love you and you broke my heart and trust” she cried.

“You don’t love me” Max denied in a whisper causing Maria’s head to snap in his direction.

“Excuse me?”

“I said you don’t love me” he repeated louder and more confident.

He had sensed Liz enter the house and knew she was hiding, listening, watching.

“You don’t know me from a bar of soap Maria” he told her “just like I don’t know you. Otherwise I would have known that you were born and raised in Roswell, had a best friend called Liz and another one called Alex who goes to school in Boston. I would have known that you knew my sister, that you knew my best friend. But I didn’t, I know those things from Liz”

“You don’t know me and you can’t be in love with someone you don’t know” he said louder.

Maria cried harder “Yes I do, you were just to big of a coward to face it” she accused.

“NO!” he yelled. He wouldn’t let her do this, he wouldn’t let her make what they had seem like more than what it was, it wasn’t fair to Liz and it wasn’t fair to him.

“What you know about me is superficial, it’s Zan Evans on the run. That. Is. Not. Who. I. Am” he told her.

“Then humour me Max, who the fuck are you?” she said.

“I’m Max Evans, brother to Isabel, best friend to Michael, law student at UNM and I’m in love with your best friend” he answered.

“and she’s in love with him” Liz’s voice added.

Maria turned shocked at Liz’s voice “Lizzie” she said.

“What’s going on?” she asked them.

“Maria and I had a few things to sort out” Max answered asking if she was ok through his concerned eyes.

Liz nodded and placed her bag down.

“He’s right but more importantly I came here to talk to you too” she told her.

Liz smiled “I’m glad” she said thinking that her best friend was coming around.

“The dressmaker said that as long as you come in this week she’ll have your dress done in time” she added.

Maria frowned “Dresses?”

“Yeah your bridesmaid dress, Isabel and I had our final fitting this morning” she explained.

Maria shook her head “No” she said.

“No what?”

“Liz, sweetie I’m here to help sort out all this shit” she sighed “I’m here to stop you making the biggest mistake of your life” she told her.

TBC........ no fighting please!!
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Well it certainly serves me right doesnt it, i got the reaction i expected :) Like i said it's not my intention to make you all hate Maria but i tend to have a knack for bringing out the bad sides of her character in my fics.

Anyway, the drama continues in this next part so bear with me. The few parts will be hard but keep your fingers crossed for our dreamers :wink:

Spacegal17
Earth2Mama
Behrsgirl1230
kay_b
FSUMSW94
Mariael311
Michelle
frenchkiss70
Ellie
flyawayraven
begonia9508
linliz68
RASaero611
behrpaw_69b
taressa05
Grace52373
Jason's Lover
hazz
anonymousarfan
FamersAmers
Lissa
vampyrax
Timelord31
janesdilemma
confusedfool
su-lyn
martine
roswellover20032004
adreamer
mlover25
NorafanofMaxandLiz
obsession
BehrObsession

Part 13

Liz stood shocked “What!” she finally said. What was Maria talking about her making the biggest mistake of her life?

“I’m so sorry I ran out” she apologised “but Liz you cant seriously be thinking about going through with this marriage now that you know the truth” Maria said.

Liz stood staring at the person in front of her wondering what happened to her, their were signs all over her face that indicated she had been crying and Liz knew that had been angry only moment earlier. But the words coming out of her mouth were what confused her even more, Maria knew how much she loved Max.

Liz swallowed “I already knew the truth, well most of it anyway” she told her.

“You knew he was my Zander?” Maria asked hurt and shocked.

“No” Liz shook her head.

Max stood on and watched the conversation unfold with fear.

“Then what?” Maria asked.

“Maria, Max has been completely honest with me about everything, including his past relationships, I just didn’t know one of them was with you” she said.

“Exactly!” Maria exclaimed “he didn’t tell you that he was on the run from his family and using a fake name”

“Actually, I knew about him hiding from his parents” she told him.

Maria’s frowned deepened as she studied Liz. “Liz I don’t think either of us really know who Max is, doesn’t that scare you?” she whispered.

Liz watched as Max flinched at Maria’s words. He had lived his whole life in fear that people would be scared of what he was, who he was if they ever found out. Just because Maria didn’t know that he was an alien didn’t mean that her words hurt any less.

“No” she whispered “I know your hurt and angry right now but Maria believe me when I tell you that Max is the most caring and wonderful person, I know him inside and out”

Maria closed her eyes “You cant do this, Liz” she replied just as quietly and when she opened her eyes they were ushered with tears. Taking her hand Liz looked at Max.

“Can you leave us please” she said.

Max nodded and quietly left the room, he didn’t go far he was unable to leave all together so he stayed near bye.

Liz sat facing Maria on the lounge and waited for her to calm down “Lizzie this is a mistake” she said. “I know you love him, hell I’m not surprised I fell in love with him too but I don’t believe that he’s the person you think he is” she explained.

“Maria, what Max did in New York to you was wrong, he shouldn’t have lied about who he is but because I know his reasons for it I understand. Maybe one day you will too. He didn’t lie to hurt you, and I know he’s telling me the truth because I know his heart, Maria I know his soul” she said passionately.

“How Liz!” she said “You’ve only known him for six months!”

Liz’s head fell. Normally she would agree with her best friend but the circumstances with Max were different because of who he was, they had shared their souls with each other and now were one in every aspect of the word. Liz knew things about Max before he did and vice versa.

“Please Ria, I promise you I do this isn’t a mistake” she told her, tears gathering in her own eyes now.

This wasn’t the way things were supposed to have worked out. This was supposed to have been the happiest time of her life, her life long best friend was returning to town for her wedding. They were supposed to catch up, eat chocolate and watch movies, go shopping and discuss the wonderful world of married sex. It wasn’t supposed to be a cry-a-thon that involved a best friend who hated her fiancée because they once dated.

“I know you think that Liz, but I know your wrong. Max is a fraud” she told her best friend.

“No he isn’t Maria” Liz cried “I know your upset because he broke things off with you, but I’m not you. He loves me and he wants to spend forever with me” she told her.

Her words were not meant to be bitchy or nasty but they hit Maria like a slap to the face.

“Is that what you think this is? That I would still be here if I was jealous?” she yelled. “I wouldn’t touch that lying bastard if he was the last man on earth” she roared.

“This is about friendship, Liz and a best friend wouldn’t stand by and let another best friend do something foolish, like marry someone they hardly know who has a history of lying and deceiving women. Do you think I don’t want you to be happy, Liz? Of course I do, I love you like a sister you know that. We’ve been best friends forever Liz, and I’m begging you don’t do this” she cried.

Liz was crying hard now “What do you want me to do Maria?, I love him” she said completely defeated

“I know you do but do you really know him?” she whispered.

Her sobs came harder “I can’t watch you do this Liz” she told her.

“Maria please don’t do this” Liz cried. “We’ve never had a guy come between us ever”

“So lets not start now” Maria told her sadly.

Liz wiped her tears away with the hem of her shirt “What exactly are you saying?” the look on her best friends face was unfamiliar, it was hard.

“I won’t stay to watch you ruin your life” Maria shrugged like it meant nothing, that the ultimatum she was giving her meant nothing. That Liz would get over what ever she chose to loose.

“You don’t know that” Liz accused “You don’t even know Max” she said.

“I know enough” Maria told her standing up.

“Call me when you’ve made your decision” she said before she walked out of the house leaving a sobbing Liz on the lounge.

Max walked into the lounge room when he heard the front door slam, he had figured since the yelling had died down that they must have sorted things out so he was unprepared when he found a sobbing Liz.

Going to her immediately he wrapped her tightly in his arms “Shh baby” he soothed her. Liz turned and grabbed on to Max for dear life, crying into his chest.

“Oh baby what happened?” he asked.

The whole this with Maria had turned out to be a mess. Max had no doubt that she was jealous, she could deny it till she was blue in the face but it was the truth.

“She’s told me I have to choose” she sobbed.

Max’s mouth opened in shock “What do you mean?” he asked.

She wouldn’t have would she? She wouldn’t sacrifice her best friends happiness for her own.

Pulling back Liz met Max’s eyes “she says she wont stick around to watch me ruin my life”

Reaching out Max wiped her face with this fingers. “I’m sorry baby” he said.

“Maybe if we tell her the truth she’ll understand” she said surprising him.

Max frowned “You know we cant Liz” he replied. Even if he was willing to which he wasn’t he knew there was no way Michael or Isabel would go for it. Maria was a loose cannon, you couldn’t predict how she would or wouldn’t react.

Liz cried harder at his words “I’m sure she’ll come around, maybe if I talk to her” he suggested.

“And tell her what?” she said sadly “That just because you lied to her doesn’t mean your lying to me” she said bitterly.

Max frowned “I’ve always been completely honest with you” he said.

Liz nodded and closed her eyes “I just think that if she could understand our connection she would understand that what we share is real” she said.

Max’s heart went out to her, he wanted to tell her yes. He wanted to do anything to make her happy, for her smile to reaapear and her excitement over the wedding to re-emerge and he would do anything she asked him to make that happen but tell Maria the truth.

“I’m sorry Liz but we cant tell her. Isabel and Michael would never go for it” he said.

“and if I could get them to say yes?” she asked excitedly thinking that she had worked out the answer to all her problems.

Max closed his eyes, it was unlikely that would happen, Isabel maybe but Michael never but he couldn’t take the chance that she would sweet talk his best friend “I’d still say no” he told her.

“Why?” Liz asked angrily as she hopped up off the couch.

“Because we shouldn’t have to tell her for her to accept us or our marriage and because I don’t trust her Liz. She’s to wild and unpredictable” he told her his voice raising in frustration, now because of Maria they were fighting as well.

Liz shook her head and turned her back. Her emotions were all over the place at the moment.

Standing up Max approached her and attempted to wrap his arms around her but Liz wiggled free, he reached out for her through their bond then “Don’t” Liz snapped and slammed the door closed on it hard rocking Max to the very core and forcing him to step back.

“Please don’t do that” he said pained.

“I need some time to myself” she informed him and began walking towards the stairs.

Not wanting to argue with her he allowed her to go, falling onto the couch and lying his head in his hands hoping for a solution to all their problems.

Twenty minutes later he heard footsteps down the stairs and when he looked back he watched as Liz carried an over night bag over her shoulder.

Frowing he stood up “What’s the bag for?” he asked.

“I told you I need some time to myself” she told him avoiding his eyes.

Max’s heart clenched “what do you mean by that?” he asked her.

“I just need a few days to sort through some things” she said.

Max gritted his teeth “things were fine and sorted this morning what’s changed?” he asked.

When Liz still avoided his gaze he reached out and gently turned her face towards him and what he saw broke his heart, “Liz please don’t go” he begged his own emotion coming to the surface.

“I have to” she said the tears falling again.

“We’re supposed to get married next week” he cried.

Liz nodded “I know” she moved towards the door then.

“When will you be back?” his question stopped her.

Turning back “I’ll call you” she said and then she disappeared out the door oblivious to Max who collapsed to the floor in pain, his world was falling down around him and he was helpless to stop it.

TBC...........sometime on the weekend!
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hello everyone. Well i am back with a new part, thank you very much for all of your feedback. I know that some of you got a little upset about some of the feedback, and others about the direction the story was going.

On one hand it's lovely to see so many people passionate about my story but on the other hand i dont want to see my fellow roswellians fighting on account of me. The situation is over so lets move on from it and enjoy the new part (i hope :? )

Thank you for your continued support of my writing and this fic!

behrpaw_69
flyawayraven
martine
Mariael311
BehrObsession
Earth2Mama
confusedfool
katan
Behrsgirl1230
FSUMSW94
obsession
Timelord31
taressa05
Jason's Lover
Grace52373
linliz68
hazz
Lissa
FamersAmers
vampyrax
begonia9508
RASaero611
Spacegal17
anonymousarfan
cocopucks
g7silvers
NorafanofMaxandLiz
su-lyn

Part 14

I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

Liz sat and cried as she listened to the radio and the tunes that haunted her heart. She had been gone from Roswell for three days now and so far she hadn’t picked up the phone to call anyone. All she had done was sit by the small lake in the middle of nowhere and cry.

I think about the years I spent just passing through
I'd like to have the time I lost and give it back to you
But you just smile and take my hand
You've been there you understand
It's all part of a grander plan that is coming true
Every long lost dream lead me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is true
That God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you

She missed Max like crazy and she knew that she was breaking his heart. Their bond had remained closed for the entire time and her heart and soul were calling out for him. She just felt so lost, betweens her hurt about Maria’s ultimatum and her anger with Max about not telling Maria the truth.

She knew she was being completely irrational and that she needed to pull herself together.

Feeling her stomach churn she hopped up and quickly rushed for the small cabin and she just made it to the toilet in time to be sick again.

It had been the same thing for the past three days and she was already feeling weak.

She laid on the cool tiles until she felt well enough to get up and make her way towards the bed. Once lying on the bed her gaze turned to her cell phone which was on the bedside table. Hesitating for only a second she picked up the phone and pressed the speed dial.

“Liz!” Max’s panicked voice quickly answered the phone.

Liz was quiet for a second “Hi” she finally replied.

“Oh god” he cried in relief and Liz could hear the emotion in his voice and instantly regretted taking off.

“I’m sorry for not calling sooner” she whispered, she didn’t tell him that she had spent the last three days too sick and upset to call him.

“Are you ok?” he asked her.

Hearing the worry in his voice Liz smiled sadly “I miss you” she cracked and then allowed the renewed tears to fall.

“Oh baby please come home or tell me where you are so I can come and get you?” he cried with her.

Liz couldn’t speak she just cried with him.

On the other end of the phone Isabel sat watching her brother on the phone with Liz and was instantly relieved that they had finally heard from her. She was shocked that Liz had taken off, after their conversation the day of the dress fittings nothing in Liz’s voice indicated that she was having second thoughts about marrying Max.

Flashback to three days earlier

Worried about Liz, Isabel knocked on the door to see her.

After about ten minutes a completely broken Max finally opened the door for his sister.

“Max what’s wrong?” she asked following him into the house, Max didn’t answer though instead he just fell back down on the couch.

“Where’s Liz?” she asked then.

“gone” he whispered.

Isabel frowned “Gone where?”

Max shrugged and Isabel was shocked by his broken state.

“Max she is coming back isn’t she?” she asked him.

Turning tear filled eyes to his sister “I don’t know Iz” he admitted. For the first time since he had met her Max had no idea what Liz was thinking or feeling, she had completely shut herself off to him.

“OH Max” Isabel cried.

Isabel waited until Max pulled himself together when the phone call with Liz ended “Is she ok?” Isabel asked.

Max shook his head no “she was really upset” he told her.

Isabel watched as he got up then and headed towards the stairs “Where are you going?” she asked, he had barely moved from his place on the couch near the phone since Liz had left.

“Having a shower” he told her “and then I’m going to find her” he added.

Isabel’s eyes widened “she told you where she was?” she asked hopefully.

“I think I’ve known all along” he told her sadly “I just want listening” he finished before continuing his journey up the stairs.

Maria was walking aimlessly through Roswell, she felt numb and cold even though the sun was warm on her skin.

She regretted her conversation a few days earlier with Liz and she wished she could take it all back. She had been selfish and rash and she had hurt her best friend badly.

Maria was so caught up in her thoughts that she wasn’t watching where she was going until she collided with a hard body. She waited for the feel of her body hitting the hard pavement but when it didn’t come she looked up and found twinkling eyes laughing at her.

“You should watch where your going Blondie” Michael smiled. Michael had changed a lot since he had gone to school. He longer hid behind his stonewall.

He was amused when he saw the look of shock come across Maria Deluca’s face. This wasn’t the way he expected to run into her again, he was hoping to wait until she realised he was her partner in the wedding.

“Well you should to you big brut” she snapped pulling herself out of his arms and straightening her clothes.

Michael frowned “still got a smart mouth I see”

“Still have terrible hair I see” she retaliated.

Michael folded his arms and studied the women in front if him, she hadn’t changed that much since high school, she was still a spitfire with a mouth too big for her own good.

“what are you doing walking around here by yourself anyway?” he grunted choosing to ignore her last comment.

Maria’s eyes narrowed “that’s none of your business” she said.

“Actually it is. Because Liz is practically family and I know she wouldn’t be happy that her best friend and maid of honour was walking the streets of Roswell by herself where anything could happen”

Maria scoffed “I live in New York buster so I think I’m equipped to walk around Roswell in the middle of the day”

“Is that so?” Michael smirked.

“Yes” she replied “what the hell are you smirking about?” she asked annoyed, Michael Guerin had always had the ability to push her buttons. She didn’t know how or why but it unnerved her like nothing else.

Michael softened then “Seriously, what are you doing walking by yourself?”

Maria sighed “thinking” she told him “about how stupid I’ve been” she finished.

Michael quirked an eyebrow at the comment “well what did you do?” he asked.

Maria looked up surprised at his comment “You haven’t heard?”

“Heard what?” he asked.

“Me and my stupid mouth” she mumbled.

“Just spit it out, what did you do?” Michael pushed her.

“I broke up Max and Liz’s wedding” she sighed.

Flashback to two days earlier

Isabel pounded on the Deluca’s door like a man women until Maria opened the door

“How dare you” she yelled surprising Maria and causing Amy Deluca to come and see what all the commotion was.

“Are you so selfish that you cant stand to see anyone happy if your not?” she continued to yell.

“Wait just a minute young lady” Amy interrupted.

“NO!” Isabel raged. “Do you have any idea what you’ve done?” she asked pointing a finger right in Maria’s face.

“It’s none of your business” Maria replied.

“Like hell it is. Right now no one knows where Liz is or when she’s coming back or even if she’s ok and Max is completely devastated. Max is my brother and Liz is my best friend so that makes it my business” she raged.

“So I hope your happy now Maria, because there probably isn’t going to be a wedding and thanks to you Liz and Max are both going to be miserable forever!”

“Max has no one to blame…….”

“Bullshit” Isabel cut her off “Your just a jealous selfish bitch, Maria who cant stand the fact that Max doesn’t love you, that he loves Liz and that he loves her enough to spend the rest of his life with her. He chose Liz, Maria and he will always choose her.”

“I-I” Amy Deluca watched as her daughter was lost for words as Isabel Evans yelled at her, she had no idea what was going on but it sounded as though Maria had done something to stop the wedding between Max and Liz and she had no idea why she would do that to her best friend. Amy had seen first hand how in love the two were.

“Liz doesn’t needs friends like you, so go back to New York and let everyone get on with their lives, we were all happy before you came” Isabel spat before turning and walking away.

Maria stook watching her retreating figure tears pooling in her eyes.[/I]

Liz crawled from the bathroom and back to the bed, her stomach refused to let up and it had been like this for days.

She knew she needed to have something to eat but right now she just wanted to crawl into bed and die. She closed her eyes and her body relaxed, her mind following and slowly opening her connection with Max slightly.
Her head, heart, soul and body all hurt so badly.

Max was driving along when he felt the first awareness of his bond with Liz. At first he grinned brightly so happy that she had let him in until the small amount of feelings coming through washed over him.

He pulled the car to the side of the road and only got the door open quickly enough before he was dreadfully sick. He knew it wasn’t him that was feeling sick it was Liz, he could feel it to a small degree so he could only imagine how bad she was actually feeling.

Panic set in then, he had to find her and he had to find her quickly.

God Bless the Broken Road – Rascal Flats but the inspriation came from the way Carrie sang it on American idol

TBC.......I'll try not to keep you waiting too long
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you for reading and for the feedback, i got this part written so decided to post early, i hope you enjoy.

There was some interesting feedback but i think Smac hit it right on the head!

vampyrax
Timelord31
BehrObsession
FSUMSW94
martine
Ellie
behrlyliz
su-lyn
taressa05
Mariael311
RASaero611
Jason's Lover
Earth2Mama
frenchkiss70
FamersAmers
begonia9508
anonymousarfan
hazz
linliz68
NorafanofMaxandLiz
Michelle in Yonkers
obsession
g7silvers
confusedfool
tequathisy - I'm not sure if i should be insulted or not by your comment?
Smac

Part 15

Max wasn’t surprised when he pulled up in the small clearing that there were signs that someone had been there recently. He cursed himself that he didn’t pull himself together sooner to come and find her. He had wasted so much time that he could have spent with Liz.

He approached the cabin with caution, he hadn’t seen Liz’s car near by but through the small opening she had allowed them he could tell that she was close, how close though he couldn’t be sure.

He also wasn’t sure how she was going to react, if she would be happy that he found her or not. He took the fact that she had opened the connection between them slightly as a good sign but only time would tell.

“Liz” he called out hesitantly.

His parents cabin was completely dark and everything seemed in place at first inspection but when he looked closer her could see where dishes had been washed and he could smell the toast that had been cooked their earlier.

He smiled when he remembered the wonderful weekend they had spent here together where he admitted he wanted to spend forever with her and where they had formed their bond, this place would always be special for them and it warmed his heart that this is where Liz had come.

He walked through the bedroom then to find it empty as well and continued through the entire cabin but not finding her anywhere.

Deciding she must have gone for a walk he walked back out on to the deck and took a seat. He didn’t care how long he had to wait for her he wasn’t leaving until she was with him.

Liz pulled her car into the driveway hesitantly. She didn’t know exactly where she found the strength to pack up and get back into her car but she had.

The house to her surprise was locked up when she reached the front door so she used her key to get inside.

“Max” she called out.

She was met with silence.

Making her way upstairs she called out again “Max” but there was still no answer. She eyed the bed in their bedroom and then the bathroom, she felt like death warmed up and eventually the lure of the bed became too much so she stripped down and crawled under the covers.

“What do you mean?” Michael demanded.

Seeing the bench near by Maria walked off and took a seat down on it placing her elbows on her knees.

“It’s a long story” she informed him when he followed her over and took a seat next to her.

“Yeah well I’ve got time” he added making it clear he didn’t plan on leaving her until she told him.

Sighing Maria started the story, she told Michael about meeting Zan in New York and falling in love with him only for him to leave suddenly without telling her where he was going. She went on to tell him then about coming to Roswell and discovering that Zan was actually Max and he was engaged to Liz.

“So your in love with Max?” Michael summed up.

“Yes….No….I don’t know” Maria replied.

“What do you mean you don’t know, you either love him or you don’t” he said like it was the simplest thing in the world.

“Well I thought I loved Zan but Max isn’t Zan” she said confusing the hell out of him.

“Yes he is” Michael told her.

“No he’s not” Maria argued back causing Michael to smirk, Maria realised then what Max was trying to tell her all along.

“You tricked me” she said annoyed.

“Nah I just got you to admit what you already knew. Zan doesn’t exist” he shrugged.

Maria sighed “I know your right but it still hurts” she admitted.

Michael stayed quiet “he loves Liz so much” he finally said.

Maria turned and looked at him then “I mean so much, Liz is it for him so if she doesn’t marry him on Saturday I don’t know what he’ll do” he told her.

“That’s a bit dramatic” she scoffed.

“No Maria it’s not” he shook his head “I know you call yourself Liz’s best friend but the fact is you don’t live in Roswell” he told her. “you weren’t there the first day they met like Isabel and I were, you weren’t there to watch them become friends, go on their first date and to fall so completely in love with each other”

Maria was surprised by the emotion that Michael Guerin was showing as he talked about Liz and Max.

“I-I” she said.

“No you just heard about it from Liz. But I was there Maria. She loves him as much as he loves her and they wont just get over this” he said sadly.

They sat in silence then as Maria thought about what Michael was saying.

“Isabel said she took off” she told him then.

Michael’s body stiffened “What do you mean?” he asked.

“I’m surprised if you’re all such good friends that you don’t know” she said sarcastically. It hurt to hear about how much of her best friends life she had missed out on, that there were all these people that were so much closer to her than she was.

“I’ve been out of town” he informed her “I just got back when I ran into you”

“Oh” she said.

Michael cursed that he wasn’t concentrating on his alien side, it was his job as the protector to look after Liz and he had failed both her and Max by not being there for them.

He stood up “Listen I have to go and see Max” he told her.

“Everyone thinks I’m the bad guy here don’t they?” she asked.

Michael looked at her and raised a questioning eyebrow “ok so telling Liz that I wouldn’t be her friend if married Max was wrong but why does everyone keep forgetting about what Max did to me?”

“And what was that?” Michael asked.

“He lied to me, he led me on and when I fell in love with him he just left without a second glance” she cried.

Michael sat back down then “Maria your right, Max was prick for what he did but is it fair what you’re doing? Your making Liz pay for a mistake that Max made before he even knew her” he said.

Maria began crying then, he was right she was being completely selfish.

“and I hate to admit it Maria but are you really sure your going to come out on top here?” he asked gently.

Maria looked up confused “What do you mean?”

“Are you really sure she’s going to choose you? Because if she doesn’t what’s going to become of your friendship? Are you sure your willing to loose what you’ve gambled?”

Maria’s mouth opened and closed, she didn’t quite know what to say she had never considered the possibility that she wouldn’t pick her.

Max became worried when the sun began to set and Liz still hadn’t returned. He closed his eyes and concentrated on their connection in hopes of seeking her out through it. The first thing became obvious was that where ever Liz was she was asleep because it was faint and her body was so relaxed.

“Where are you Liz?” he whispered worried.

Back at their house Liz was fast asleep in the bed she shared with Max, it was the best sleep she had in the days she had been apart from Max. She could smell him on the sheets still and his presence felt close by lulling her into a sense of security

In the distance she could hear what she thought was someone banging on the front door but she didn’t have the energy or the desire to get out of the warm bed to go and answer it so she continued to close her eyes and let sleep reclaim her.

Isabel stood out the front of Max and Liz’s door worried. She could have sworn that Liz’s car hadn’t been there that morning yet now it was parked in the driveway, she was also wondering where her brother was and no one was answering the door.

Pulling out her cell phone she hit the speed dial and rang him.

Max was startled by his phone vibrating in his pocket. Seeing that it was Isabel he answered it.

“Hey Iz”

“Hey where are you?” she asked.

“At the cabin” he told her.

“Oh ok, is Liz there?” she asked.

“She’s been here but there’s no sign of her now” he sighed “I’m getting worried” he told her.

“Max” Isabel started “Liz’s car is parked at the house” she told him.

“What!” Max cried.

“I couldn’t remember if it was here this morning or not but it’s here. I knocked on the door but no one is answering” she said.

It was Wednesday and there were only two and a bit days to the wedding now so time was running out.

“She took it” he confirmed as he started running towards his jeep “Isabel what ever you do don’t let Liz leave that house” he told her.

“Max I’m not even sure if she’s here” she told him worried that she was getting his hopes up.

“She is” he smiled “she’s upstairs asleep” he told her.

“How do you know that?” Isabel asked

“our bond” he told her.

“Ok’ she smiled. “Well she’s not answering so I’ll just stay out the front” she told him.

“Ok, I’ll be there as soon as I can”

Maria smiled at the lady as she left the shop “thank you so much for this” she said to her.

“Your welcome dear” she replied.

Maria had a bounce in her step as she walked out of the shop and headed towards The Crashdown.

It was still hard to believe that it was Michael Guerin of all people who had been able to give Maria some perspective on Max and Liz’s relationship and what she was doing.

She knew now that she needed to talk to her best friend about what she felt and what she had said, she just needed to find out where she could talk to her. So that was why she was headed to The Crashdown because if anyone knew where to find Liz it would be her parents.

The doors jingled like they always had when Maria entered the front door, she was about to make her way to the counter when the person blocking her entry further into the restaurant turned around.

“Alex” she smiled taking a step towards him.

“Maria” he greeted but his tone and his face made it perfectly clear that he wasn’t as happy to see her as she was him.

TBC.......Not sure you'll get it when i write it people

Updates to Skirts, Some Girls & TPIHF
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Thank you everyone for the feedback. Some of it was great and as usual there will always be the people that dont like what your writing but i appreciate that so many of you are reading.

behrlyliz
kay_b
Earth2Mama
Behrsgirl1230
su-lyn
frenchkiss70
behrpaw_69
Ellie
vampyrax
RASaero611
g7silvers
obsession
janesdilemma
begonia9508
martine
FSUMSW94
taressa05
anonymousarfan
BehrObsession
Timelord31
tequathisy - not everything is always as it seems
hazz
FamersAmers
roni230 - glas someone is being optimistic
Grace52373
NorafanofMaxandLiz
Mariael311

Part 16

Liz stirred in her sleep, something felt different. Her eyes opened and she looked around the dark room it was then she became aware of the warm arms wrapped tightly around her and when she turned her head she smiled.

Max

He had come home and crawled into bed with her and was now hanging onto her as tight as he could, afraid that if he let go for one minute she would be gone again. She frowned when she noticed the tired look on his face, even in sleep he was concerned and she was instantly with regret knowing that she was the cause of that concern.

She had hurt him badly.

Not wanting to disturb him when he was getting what appeared to be much needed sleep she settled back down, snuggling further into his protective embrace.

Everything felt so right when she was in his arms.

Alex passed the tub of Ben and Jerry’s back to his best friend. “So…..” he started.

They had been sitting on Maria’s couch eating ice cream and talking about nothing for a few hours now. Alex hadn’t even been home to his parents or to see Isabel. When he had gotten her call a few days ago about what was happening with Liz, Maria and Max he had wanted to get on a plane straight away and come home but he had one last exam to sit and if he missed it he would fail.

He knew if Isabel found out he was in town before he went to see her he would be in big trouble but his best friend instincts had kicked in and he knew that he needed to deal with Maria first.

“Just say it, Alex” Maria smiled.

“What are you doing Ria? I mean why would you try to break up Liz’s and Max’s marriage?” he asked. Maria wasn’t a malicious person she he couldn’t understand why she would do something to intentionally hut Liz.

Maria studied her best friend “Do you think that Liz is making the right decision, Alex? I mean you know her as well as I do, do you think that her and Max are perfect for each other?”

“Yes” Alex said without a second thought.

Maria nodded it was the same thing that everyone kept telling her, and after you have it drummed into you a few thousand times you have to start believing it too, don’t you?

Maria sighed “So I’m a terrible best friend” she said “I thought I was being a good friend. I didn’t want Liz to get hurt like I had been. In hind sight I was being selfish and jealous” she admitted.

Alex’s mouth fell open in shock because that was the last thing he expected to hear Maria say. He thought it would take him to the dying hours of the night to convince her she was wrong and that she needed to make things right.

Maria laughed at Alex’s shock “someone beat you to it Alex” she admitted.

“Really, who?” he asked.

"Surprisingly Michael Guerin of all people”

Alex raised an eye brow. She was right he was shocked, in high school her and Michael couldn’t stand each other.

“I know” she told him blushing.

“Are you blushing?” Alex laughed.

“No!” she cried.

“Oh my god do you have a thing for Michael Guerin?” he asked shocked.

“Of course not” she denied “I mean the guy still cant dress or do his hair I mean at leat he showers now…..” she rambled.

Alex laughed harder then until Maria threw a pillow at him “Alex”

Finally recovering from his laughter Alex straightened up “Seriously Maria, you need to fix this” he told her. “because last time I talked to Isabel Liz was AWOL and Max was a wreck” he told her.

Maria nodded “I know so I need your help” she said before she began telling him her plans.

Max was having the best night sleep he could remember having when something broke through into his dreamland. Something was wrong.

Liz broke out of Max’s grasp quickly as she made her way to the bathroom, she just reached the toilet in time before she was sick all over again.

Sitting up Max panicked when he realised not only was Liz not in his arms but she wasn’t in the bed at all.

“Liz” he cried out.

The sounds of her vomiting in the bathroom broke through then and he was on his feet in an instance and rushing towards her.

Liz was on her knees leaning over the toilet, unable to stand by herself any longer when Max walked in.

“Oh baby” he whispered pushing her hair out of her face.

Liz looked up at him and smiled her thanks. She looked terrible and Max wondered how he hadn’t noticed it before.

Getting up off the floor Max retrieved a wash cloth and wet it with warm water before returning to Liz. He wiped her face and mouth lovingly before pulling her hair back in a band so that it was out of her face.

“You ok?” he asked worried, in the six months he had known her she hadn’t been sick before.

Liz nodded “can I have some water please?” she asked.

Max nodded “yep I’ll get you a bottle but first lets get you back in bed” he replied.

He swooped her small body into his arms then and the first thing he noticed was that she had lost weight and he wondered then if she had been sick the entire time she was away.

He put her back into bed and tucked her in then before making his way downstairs to get the water she had asked for. When he came back he handed her the water and sat on the bed next to her.

“How long have you been sick?” he asked worried.

Liz opened her mouth to tell him not long but when she saw how concerned he was she knew she couldn’t lie to him “Since I left” she told him.

Max’s frown deepened “Liz, you need to open the bond” he told her.

“Why?” she asked.

“because it might be what’s making you sick” he said regretfully. Since they had bonded they had never closed they’re bond, it seemed too coincidental that after Liz closed it she would become sick. She was fighting part of her and that wasn’t natural.

The bond wasn’t meant to be closed ever.

Liz smiled she was about to tell him that it wasn’t the problem but when she thought about what he was saying she thought he might be right too. She was very sick, much sicker that she would normally be. “Ok” she smiled. She dropped her walls slowly not wanting to startle her or Max by doing it to quickly and carefully so that she didn’t drop all of them. She wasn’t ready yet to reveal herself and her feelings entirely

Max closed his eyes and smiled as the bond opened and Liz’s soul remerged with his.

Liz smiled too when she saw how happy and felt how happy Max was, her smile soon dropped when Max’s other feelings washed over her, hurt, a lot of hurt, anger and doubt.

She felt him reach out to her and she responded but when his soul couldn’t pass her last walls she felt him retreat more hurt than he already was that she was still blocking him.

“Max” she said reaching out for him wanting to assure him that he had no reason to doubt that she loved him but he alluded her grasp.

“Thanks” he said before standing up. She could tell right away that he was angry and upset that she was still partially blocking him.

Liz reached for him again but he took a step away from the bed “Why don’t you get some more sleep I’m going to go get some things for breakfast” he told her.

“Max” she called again as he reached the door, when Max turned back around he could see the tears in her eyes and he could feel her regret through the connection but he just couldn’t.

“I just cant right now, Liz” he whispered.

“Ok” she nodded sadly and watched him disappear out the door.

Empty spaces fill me up with holes
Distant faces with no place left to go
Without you within me I can't find no rest
Where I'm going is anybody's guess

I've tried to go on like I never knew you
I'm awake but my world is half asleep
I pray for this heart to be unbroken
But without you all I'm going to be is incomplete

Liz let the tears come when she heard the front door close, she cried harder than she had in the days previous. She had been so absolutely selfish leaving and because of it she had hurt Max so badly and now she had made it worse by not letting in completely.

Voices tell me I should carry on
But I am swimming in an ocean all alone
Baby, my baby
It's written on your face
You still wonder if we made a big mistake

Max let the tears fall as he walked along, he had thought about taking the car but he needed the fresh air to think. His mind and heart had been so lonely for the past four days but now they were almost full again and with that came all the emotions he hadn’t had to deal with.

He felt her and how sorry she was that she had hurt him and how sad she was for what she had done to him.

He could also feel that she loved him but he also could help but wonder that if she truly did love him then she wouldn’t still be blocking him.

Making a quick decision that she couldn’t let him go without telling him she loved him Liz jumped out of bed, her legs were shaky because she felt so weak but she didn’t let that stop her as she made her way quickly down the stairs.

I don't mean to drag it on, but I can't seem to let you go
I don't wanna make you face this world alone
I wanna let you go (alone)

Max stopped, he couldn’t get his feet to walk another step away from her. He turned and looked at the house only half a street down before breaking out into a jog back towards it.

Max reached the porch panting just as Liz threw the door open. Both their eyes were red from their tears.

“Li…….” Max started but his words were halted as a still crying Liz thew herself into his arms

Incomplete

TBC…………Friday

Incomplete by Backstreet Boys
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Thank you so much for the feedback i really appreciated it. I would also like to thank those of you who voted in the nominations.

Winner of:

cocpucks
Dreamer 4 Ever
behrlyliz
roswck
vampyrax
Earth2Mama
flyawayraven
Mariael311
su-lyn
BehrObsession
sylvia37
RASaero611
begonia9508
FSUMSW94
frenchkiss70
FamersAmers
Ellie
Timelord31
taressa05
Smac
g7silvers
Behrsgirl1230
hazz
Stars in my eyes
anonymousarfan
kay_b
linliz68
obsession
NorafanofMaxandLiz

Part 17

They stood holding onto each other tightly for what felt like forever until Liz slowly pulled back.

“I’m so sorry” she cried “I love you” she told him. “I love you so much”

Max smiled slightly through his tears “then why are you still blocking me?” he asked in anguish, she had no idea how much it hurt to be only allowed partial access to her heart and soul when he left his so open for her.

Liz closed her eyes “Oh sweetie” she said “I’m sorry” she told him.

Realising they were still standing in the doorway to the house Liz took a step back and tugged on Max’s hand.

“Can we talk?” she asked her stance faltering slightly as she started to feel dizzy.

Max caught her easily when he saw her swaying and when he saw how pale she was he got more worried “Lets get you something to eat first” he told her picking her up and carrying her into their small kitchen.

He sat her down at the table before moving to inspect the contents of the fridge “just toast please” she interrupted him.

Max looked up and frowned about to protest that it wasn’t a good enough breakfast “My stomach is still queasy I think it’s all I can handle right now” she told him.

Nodding Max pulled out the bread and the toaster.

After agreeing to eat 3 pieces of toast and a glass of juice Liz had to admit she felt somewhat better.

Liz watched as Max moved around the kitchen cleaning up, she could tell from the connection that he was slightly nervous about their upcoming talk, she understood how he felt.

“Max” she called to him to get his attention. Max stopped what he was doing and looked at her. She was still dressed in only a tank top and panties and he got a little distracted by her creamy legs.

“Can we talk now?” she asked.

Max nodded and walked towards her preparing to pick her up “it’s ok I can walk now” she told him but he wouldn’t listen he easily picked her up again.

“You’ve lost weight” he told her frowning slightly.

Liz nodded it didn’t surprise her.

He sat her on the lounge once he entered the living room and sat across from her and waited for her to talk.

“Why don’t you start” she told him, wanting for him to get his hurt and anger out of the road before she spoke..

Max frowned “lets start with why you’re still blocking me?” he said.

Alex knocked on the Evans door and waited for someone to answer. It didn’t take long for Isabel to open the door, dressed in a robe and looking gorgeous as ever even though it was obvious she had been woken.

She stopped when she saw Alex at her door, grinning from ear to ear and a bunch of red roses in his hand.

“Oh my god” she cried opening the screen door and pulling him inside. “When did you get in?” she asked hugging him. God she had missed him so much, who would have thought that she would have fallen head over heels in love with Alex Whitman.

“hey beautiful” he said kissing her. He had missed her so much.

Isabel took the flowers “thank you” she smiled.

“Now before you get angry I actually got in yesterday” he told her.

Isabel frowned “yesterday? Then why are you only just visiting now?”

Alex sighed “I had a little best friend business to take care of” he informed her.

Isabel brightened “you saw Liz, is she ok? Is the wedding going ahead?” she fired.

After Max had gotten to the house yesterday she had left them alone and so far there had been no word.

“Um no, actually I meant the other one” he told her.

Isabel frowned “you’ve been with Maria?”

“Yeah” he said.

“and?” she asked.

“And things are going to be ok?” he smiled walking back over and pulling her into his arms.

“Really?” she asked.

“Really” he assured her. Maria would make everything right in the end he had faith that if anyone could manage it, it was a Deluca.

“You’re the best” she squealed.

Alex laughed “Actually as much as I would love to take credit and reek the rewards for my handy work” he laughed wiggling his eyebrows “I cant” he sighed “it’s all thanks to Michael”

“Michael?” Isabel frowned she didn’t even know he was back in town.

“Yep the resident bad boy weaved his charms and out talked the talker”

Liz smiled at Max’s question and began fiddling with her hands, she wasn’t positive but she was pretty sure and she knew once she opened up Max would be able to confirm it for her.

“I have a surprise” she answered finally.

Max raised an eyebrow “well I don’t like surprises that mean you have to block me” he said.

“You’ll like this one” she smiled.

Max was shocked at the change in his mate, one minute she was bawling her eyes out the next she was happy as he had ever seen her. He had never seen her behave this way and wondered what it was she was hiding.

“Come here” she requested then patting the space next to her on the couch.

Max got up and walked towards her.

“You ready?” she asked him.

“Ready for what?” he asked confused and curious.

Without another word Liz dropped the final wall. Everything she had been holding back quickly rushed out and encased Max.

There was so much going on that at first Max felt completely overwhelmed, he couldn’t separate one feeling from another.

“Liz” he said shaking his head “ I cant concentrate you need to filter” he told her.

Liz smiled “I cant” she told him.

Max looked up “of course you can” he replied. After they had first bonded Liz had found it difficult to push Max’s feelings to the back of her mind so Max had taught her some techniques which helped her filter thoughts.

Liz shook her head, her grin remaining “I cant because it’s not me” she told him.

Max frowned “What do you mean?” he asked.

“Concentrate” she whispered taking his hand in encouragement.

Max closed his eyes and the moment he did Liz moved their joined hands to her abdomen. The second Max’s hand came into contact with her abdomen a connection flared to life.

“Oh god” he gasped. He could see his daughters and his son, they were so tiny but there were there and he already felt how much they loved their mother and him.

“So was I right?” she asked when he finally broke out of the connection.

Max looked at her eyes filled with tears as he tried to catch his breath and slowly nodded.

Liz’s smile grew even bigger “I wasn’t positive but it’s the only explanation I could come up with for my sickness and the foreign connection” she smiled.

Max just kept looking from her face to her stomach an awed expression on his face.

“is it a boy or a girl?” she asked then excitedly.

The question was all it took to catch Max’s attention and he grinned hugely before launching himself at Liz and hugging her tightly “oh god I’m going to be a dad” he cried causing Liz to laugh.

“Surprise” she whispered.

Pulling back Max took her face in his hands and leaned in and kissed her softly, it was their first kiss in four days and it soon turned more heated. Breaking away slowly when they needed air Max sighed “I love you so much” he told her.

“I know” Liz replied.

“and I love you” she added.

“I know” he smiled, finally allowed access to all of her and now that he had connected with their children he was able to share theirs and Liz’s bond which made it easier on her.

“Oh and by the way I hope you wanted a big family” he grinned at her.

“Why?” Liz asked.

“Because your having triplets beautiful” he informed her.

Liz’s smile fell into a one of wide eye shock “your kidding”

“Nope, two daughters and a son” he informed her.

Liz shook her head “that’s impossible”

Max laughed “No it’s very possible, in fact on Antar it’s very rare which means that our love and our bond are special” he told her.

“Only the royals and those with special bonds were blessed with twins, triplets were even rarer”

“Really?” Liz smiled, she loved the fact that what her and Max shared was special.

Kissing her again before he answered “Really” he said, what they had was rare and special on both planets as far as Max was concerned. .

Liz blew out a big breath then “Wow” she said “Triplets” being a mother was one thing but knowing that you were going to be a mother to three babies straight away was a little frightening.

Max nodded “ I know” he said.

“Do you think it will be normal?” Liz asked then.

Max thought about her question “well I can’t see why not” he said.

Liz laughed nervously then “Oh god we’re going to have an instant family” she said.

“You ok sweetie?” he asked then recognising that her tone was becoming slightly panicked.

“I it’s just that one baby was one thing now we’re going to have three” she said her hands moving to empathises her point, Max thought it was adorable and smiled at her “and I mean we probably don’t have the room not to mention the fact that we’re both still going to school, and I’ll have to stop work so how will we pay for anything”.

Max pulled her to his body to stop her panicking “Shh baby it’s going to be fine, the babies wont be here for another 7 to 8 months at least and by then we’ll both have graduated” he told her.

Max planned on going to work with his father at Evans as soon as he finished his law degree “I’ll make plenty of money ok” he assured her.

Liz nodded against his chest and sighed in relief. “and you can stay at home and be a mother for a little while” he suggested “would you like that?” he was a little worried she would be disappointed about not going to work straight away, especially after spending so much time getting her degree.

Liz pulled back and smiled “Max, I get to stay at home and raise out babies” she whispered “that’s the most important and special job I’ll ever have” she said tearily.

“You’re going to be such a wonderful mother” he whispered passionately.

“You’re going to be the best daddy” she smiled in reply.

“I love you” he told her pulling her against his chest.

“I love you too” Liz replied.

TBC.........on the weekend maybe, if not Tuesday definetely
Last edited by Emz80m on Fri Jul 01, 2005 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Firstly i want to apologise that this update is late, unfortunetely it isnt my fault this time because i had it written and ready to post last night but the stupid people at the phone company disconnected my phone (morons, in case you cant tell i'm really pissed :x ) Anyway, not sure when i'm going to be back online so i have to post at work when i get teh chance.

Thank you all for your feedback i really appreciate it :D

Ellie
begonia9508
martine
taressa05
anonymousarfan
RASaero611
vampyrax
su-lyn
BehrObsession
Behrsgirl1230
linliz68
behrlyliz
terquathisy
hazz
g7silvers
Mariael311
Timelord31
FSUMSW94
obsession
frenchkiss70
NorafanofMaxandLiz
Earth2Mama
behrpaw_69

Part 18

Liz and Max laid on the couch together for what seemed like hours talking about life and their children, what they wanted for the future a future they were planning on together until the phone interrupted their quiet little world.

Max groaned as Liz pulled away to get up to answer it “Don’t” he pleaded.

Liz smiled at his pouting look “I have to baby, it’s probably someone about the wedding plans” she told him.

Max’s pouting face soon turned into a small smile “So there’s going to be a wedding?” he asked.

“Of course!” Liz said surprised he would think there wouldn’t be. She made no move to get the phone which was still ringing realising that her and Max needed to talk about the wedding, it had been forgotten with the news of the babies.

Max played with his fingers nervously “I just wasn’t sure with you taking off and all” he told her.

Liz’s mouth fell open and she cursed herself once again, of course he would of thought you were having second thoughts you idiot, you walked out a week before the wedding.

“You didn’t cancel it did you?” she asked worried.

“No, of course not!” he said. There was no way he ever would have done that, he would have stood at aisle and waited for her as long as it took.

“Good” Liz smiled. She made her way back over to the couch then and sat down before taking his hand.

“Are you going to get that phone?” Max asked referring to the phone that the answering machine had just picked up.

Liz shook her head “No, I think we still need to talk” she said.

“I’m so sorry for doing what I did, at the time I wasn’t thinking about you and that was completely selfish of me” she started. “I was upset and so angry” she told him. “I was hurt and angry with Maria, I was an angry at you and I was upset and angry with the situation” she told him.

“And now?” Max asked her. He could understand her being upset with Maria and even upset over the situation she found herself in but he was confused as to why she was angry with him.

“And now” she smiled “I realise that this is my life and that I’m going to live it the way I choose” being away from everything you hold dear to you helps bring some clarity into a situation and Liz realised that she had been stupid and pig headed. Everything in her relationship with Max had been smooth sailing and she hadn’t dealt with the first hurdle very well.

“And how is that?” Max asked.

“By marrying you on Saturday and raising our children together” she said. “That’s if you still want too” she said hesitantly looking up at him to see his reaction, she wouldn’t blame him if he told her to go jump after the way she had treated him.

Max’s lips slowly turned into a smile “Good because that’s how I want to live my life too” he told her. “But I don’t understand why you were angry with me, Liz. Do you still feel that way?”

“I was angry with you and Maria for a lot of reasons but I was angry with you at the time because I thought I had found a way to make Maria understand our relationship and you were stopping me from sharing that with her, I realise now it was a stupid idea but most importantly I’m glad you said no because I shouldn’t have to explain myself to Maria. She doesn’t know you, as much as she thinks she does I know she doesn’t because I know you and I know that your not the person she talks about or thinks you are” she told him.

Max raised a hand an caressed her cheek “I’m so sorry that I put us in this situation to begin with” he said “but please don’t even run from me again or close yourself off because it hurts so bad, Liz. It’s like cutting off my air.” He told her.

“I know I felt the same but I needed that time and then I got so sick and I just wanted to come home to you” she cried.

“I’m always going to be here Liz, nothing or no one is every going to take me away from you but most importantly you know that right here” he said pointing to her heart “you know with every beat of your heart and please don’t forget that, please don’t ever stop listening to it” he pleaded with her.

“I know” she cried “I’m so sorry, I promised you when we were bonded that I would be yours and be there for you and I’m so sorry that you thought I doubted you, just please understand it was never about not loving you or about not marrying you, you’re my life and that’s never or never will change. I promise” he said.

“I know baby, I know” he assured her wiping away her tears.

Liz crawled into his lap then and he pulled her tight against his chest “are you going to talk to Maria?” he asked worried, the last thing he wanted was for Liz to be under any more stress, it wasn’t just her she had to look after now it was the babies as well.

“I have to eventually, and I want Maria to understand that what she did was unfair and that if that’s still her decision that she now has to live with the consequences” she informed him.

“I’m sorry baby” Max apologised.

“It’s ok” she whispered “you didn’t do anything intentionally and I know your sorry for what you did” he assured him.

The phone rang again then and this time it was Max who got to his feet to answer it.

“Hello” he said.

“Hi could I speak to Liz Parker please” the lady replied.

“Sure I’ll just get her for you, may I ask who’s calling?” he enquired.

“It’s Penelope from the dress shop” he told her.

“Dress shop” Max mouthed as he handed Liz the phone.

“Hi this is Liz” she said into the phone.

“Hi Liz it’s Penelope I just wanted to let you know that all the dresses are ready now so you can pick them up whenever” she informed her.

Max watched worried as Liz’s nose scrunched up “What you mean by all of them?” she asked.

“Oh it was tight but I got the last bridesmaid dress altered in time” she said.

Liz blew out a breath “So she came in to have it fitted then?”

“Y-Yes she was supposed to right?” Penelope asked starting to get worried that she had done something she wasn’t supposed to.

“Um no that’s great, thank you and I appreciate you doing it so last minute. I’ll come by this afternoon to get them” she assured.

“Great see you then” she women replied.

Max was instantly by Liz’s side when she hung up, Liz was confused and her face showed it “Is everything ok?” he asked her.

Liz turned to him and ever so slightly a smile crossed her features “everything is perfect” she told him.

The next day Liz was feeling a little better when she woke up, she figured when she wasn’t instantly sick that Max was right and that it was the connection being closed that was making her feel sick.

“Morning beautiful” Max sighed as he walked into the room with a tray. “How are you feeling?” he asked assessing her.

Since yesterday morning and finding out about the pregnancy Max had been treating her like a porcelain doll. “I’m ok actually” she told him with a small smile.

“Happy wedding eve” he grinned handing her a white rose and kissing her nose.

Pulling him back down Liz fused their mouths back together, wanting a better good morning kiss from him.

“Hmm” she said when she finally let him go, licking her lips “happy wedding eve to you too” she grinned.

“God Liz” Max groaned as he watched her small tongue poke back into her mouth. Without warning he leaned in and took her mouth all again, this kiss however was full of passionate, of need and of days of wanting from being apart. Liz moaned into Max’s mouth and he pulled her tighter against him.

“I love you” he pushed through their connection, sending wave after wave of love to Liz and receiving it back from her. He was already hard for her and he groaned when her small hand snaked into the slit of his boxers and grasped him.

Max cupped Liz’s breasts over the fabric of her tank top and massaged them gently as he leaned into her more.

“oh god Liz” Max moaned “baby you’ve got to stop” he told her reaching down and stopping her hand from stroking him.

“I need you” she whispered “I want you so much”

Max growled and pounced on her “I’m yours” he assured her.

Liz used her legs to kick off Max’s boxers while he pulled her tank top over her head leaving her in only her small panties.

Max covered her breasts with his mouth, twirling his tongue around one nipple until it hard and erect before moving onto the next.

He trailed kisses down her body then dipping his tongue into her belly button before hooking his fingers into her panties and pulling them down her legs. Once her panties were off Max reached between her legs and trailed a finger down her wet slit.

“Hmm” Liz moaned.

“Your so wet” Max groaned.

Liz reached for him then pulling his body on top of hers allowing his hard cock to settle between her legs. He rubbed the tip of his cock against her opening before slowly sliding inside.

“Oh god” He cried.

“Yes baby, oh god yes” Liz cried at the same time.

Their pace was slow as they loved on another thoroughly both moaning over and over again as Max slid in and out of Liz.

“You feel so good” he told her, nibbling on her neck.

“Oh god so do you” she moaned.

Max began thrusting into her harder and harder then “Oh yes baby” Liz moaned her approval.

“Oh god Liz I cant last much longer” Max whispered regretfully.

“Oh baby I’m so close” Liz moaned meeting each one of Max’s thrust with an upward one of her own.

Liz walls began to tighten around Max’s hard cock then, miking him of his own orgasm.

“Yes Max, oh god……………ahh yes” Liz cried out as her orgasm washed over her.

“Oh yes……………….ahh LIZ” Max cried out.

They sunk together on the bed wrapped up in each others arms trying to catch their breath from their love making.

“Love you” Liz whispered running a hand through his hard.

“Love you too” Max told her raising his head and smiling at her.

Max rolled off her then but he didn’t roll to far instead he spooned behind her.

“Max” Liz said, she had been thinking about this since she first thought she was pregnant.

“Yeah” he replied.

“How do you think I fell pregnant when I’m on the pill?” she asked.

Max ran his hand through her hair “well I guess we don’t really know the differences between my sperm and a humans” he said.

Liz shook her head “I doubt it would be that different” she told him. “and if it was then why would it have taken this long to work?”

Max thought about what she said, truthfully he didn’t have an answer he didn’t really have any memories for anything like that. “I guess it could be because we bonded” he suggested.

Liz rolled over to face him a small smile on her face “What are you smiling about?” he asked.

“Just that’s it’s possible I conceived on her antarian wedding night that’s all” she told him.

Max smiled too. “Maybe when we bonded it was out bodies way of saying we were ready to have the heir, I mean it wouldn’t surprise me if my people inbuilt something like that in us” he said.

“Well it doesn’t really matter, I’m very happy” she said.

“Me too” he whispered.

“I know you probably want to wait till after the wedding to tell everyone but I think that it’s important that I tell Isabel and Michael. There could be complications and for Michael it might mean something else is triggered in him protection wise” he informed her.

Liz nodded “That’s fine I would have wanted to tell Isabel anyway but I want to tell Alex too” she said.

“and Maria?” he asked.

Liz’s smile dropped slightly “We’ll see”

TBC...........Friday/Saturday
Emz80m
Roswell Fanatic

Post by Emz80m »

A/N: Hi everyone, thank you so much for the feedback!

vampyrax
linliz68
Earth2Mama
behrlyliz
g7silvers
RASaero611
FSUMSW94
flyawayraven
Timelord31
NorafanofMaxandLiz
taressa05
FamersAmers
obsession
su-lyn
Ellie
martine
kay_b
Behrsgirl1230
begonia9508
BehrObsession
Mariael311
anonymousarfan
Smac

Part 19

Isabel and Alex were surprised when they pulled up out the front of Max and Liz’s that Michael was there too. He had just pulled up on his bike.

“Hey” they all greeted each other.

“What do you think this is about?” Isabel asked nervously, she hadn’t been able to get anything from Max when he had called and asked her and Alex to come over.

“Not sure” Michael shrugged “he just asked me to swing by, said he needed to talk to us about something”

“You don’t think they’re calling off the wedding do you?” she asked the boys worried.

“There is only one way to find out” Alex said and pointed towards the front door.

Liz waited on the couch as Max let everyone into the house, she was nervous and a little afraid that everyone wouldn’t be happy about her news.

She stood up when Alex and Isabel entered and Alex quickly pulled her into a welcoming hug “I’m so glad you here” she whispered.

“Me too, sorry I didn’t come by earlier had some catching up to do with Isabel” he explained.

“That’s ok, I wasn’t in much of position to talk to you anyway” she shrugged and it concerned Alex because he had no idea what she meant.

Isabel took her turn hugging her then “You had us so worried, I’m so glad that your back and that your ok” she told her and pulled back then and noticed how pale her best friend looked “you are ok aren’t you?”

Liz smiled “yeah I’m fine” she assured her.

“Lets sit” Max suggested then taking his place beside Liz and sinking into the couch across from the others. Isabel and Alex shared the other sofa while Michael sat in the arm chair.

“Is something wrong?” Michael asked.

Initially Max had wanted to tell Isabel and Michael separately but when he had called his sister and found out that Alex was with her he had just told her to bring him along.

“We have some news” Max said.

Isabel grabbed hold of Alex’s hand tightly dreading what her brother was about to say, he didn’t looked terrible upset thought so he was praying that meant the news was good and not bad.

“I’m pregnant” Liz blurted out surprising everyone including Max who hadn’t expected her to be so blunt.

“W-What?” Isabel asked not sure if she had hurt correctly.

“we’re pregnant, your going to be an aunt Isabel” Max clarified.

“Oh my god” she squealed.

“I’m going to be an aunt” she said turning to Alex.

“Congratulations” Alex grinned.

Michael was smiling too, happy for the both of them “is it normal?” he asked without thought about Alex’s presence.

“Why wouldn’t it be, Michel” Isabel glared at him, she had been giving a lot of thought to telling Alex about her but she was scared, she knew that if she moved to Boston to be with him like she planned to after Christmas that she wouldn’t have a choice and hoped that her brothers and best friend would support her decision.

“Everything is fine so far” Liz smiled at Michael.

“Good” he nodded “Congratulations”

“Thank you” Liz and Max said to them all.

“So how far along are you?” Alex asked then, completely oblivious to what had occurred only moment ago between Isabel and Michael.

Liz and Max shared a secret smile “A few months”

“Oh god that’s why you been feeling so ordinary” she concluded.

Liz nodded in confirmation.

“We’re only telling a few select people until we get back from the honeymoon though because we don’t want it to overshadow tomorrow” Max told them, but Isabel and Michael got the hidden meaning, they were being told just in case something went wrong.

Hugs, kisses and handshakes were shared then before Liz and Isabel left to take care of some last minute wedding stuff.

Liz sighed as she made her way up the stairs towards her bedroom. She had spent that better part of her day after making the announcement of her pregnancy finalising all the things for the wedding tomorrow, and then trying to track down Maria.

Max was staying at the Evans house that night and later Liz would be joined by Isabel, Dianne and her mother. The plan was that Maria would be there too and they would all spend a quiet night watching DVD’s and gossiping. Initially there had been a few drinks involved but given Liz’s condition Isabel has come up with an alternate plan.

A pyjama party.

It had been just as big a surprise to Isabel when she found out that Maria had been in for the dress fitting and so she had been unable to help Liz.

Liz had tried everywhere she could think of to find Maria so that they could “talk” but apparently Maria didn’t want to be found. She looked at the dresses on her way to her bedroom that were hanging in the spare room, where they would all get dressed tomorrow.

Liz walked in and lied down on the bed, she was exhausted for some reason. It wasn’t like she had done that much, she had just check on the reception venue to make sure everything was set up and made sure that everything was right the flowers and cake. She suspected that the twins were sucking a fair bit of her energy.

“You alright?” Max asked through the connection. He hadn’t liked the idea of spending the night away from Liz but both their mothers had insisted it was tradition but he was especially nervous about leaving her now after everything that had happened.

Liz smiled as she heard him in her head, it was still a very weak part of their bond but there were getting better and better at it “Tired” she replied.

“Have a nap and take it easy tonight” he suggested

“I will, I love you”she told him

[/I]“Love you too”[/I]

Liz had no idea how long she had been asleep when she woke up. But looking at the clock she realised she had slept to close to four hours and that if she didn’t get up soon everyone would be here and she wasn’t ready.

Luckily Isabel was organising everything and bringing everything with her. They were going to have the night at her parents apartment at first, Nancy wanting Liz to sleep in her old bed one last time but it was just too difficult to kick Jeff out for the night with the restaurant being down stairs and all.

Liz grabbed a quick shower and through on some comfortable clothes before heading down stairs, he had just reached the bottom when the door bell rang.

“We’re here” Isabel, Dianne and her mother had exclaimed with big smiles on their faces and hands full of bags.

“Come in” she grinned back.

The night was fairly uneventful they watched a couple of Brad Pitt flicks since he was Liz’s favourite actor and the only man she claimed she would ever leave Max for. Apparently everyone had one of those men, her own mothers being Richard Gear while Dianne was total dazzled by Sean Connary even though he was older than her.

It was around 11 when everyone got ready to leave, Isabel had offered to stay the night with her but Liz had assured her she would be fine and that she would meet her at the hairdressers first thing the next morning.

The Day of the Wedding

The moment Liz’s eyes fluttered open the next day she had smile on her face. It was her wedding day, the day she was going to become Mrs Max Evans in name just like she already was in her heart and soul. She immediately reached out to him through their connection but she found him asleep much to her disappointment.

Unfortunately Liz’s good mood didn’t last long before her children’s presence made itself known. AT first she just felt a little off colour so stayed lying in bed for a few minutes to the nauseous passed, but when it only worsened she felt the contents of last night pig fest begin coming up and had to make a mad dash to the bathroom.

Her feet were weak underneath her as she sprinted towards the adjoining bathroom, only making it to the toilet before bringing up the contents of her stomach. She continued to be sick until there was nothing left for her to bring up and then her body gave out and she collapsed to the cold tile floor.

***’

Across town Max was startled out of his sleep, he looked around for the first time and realised that he was at his parents house in his old room and sighed. He wasn’t sure what woke him up but the feeling of panic had subsided, reaching out he searched for Liz and when he realised she was still sleeping peacefully he sighed in relief before closing his eyes and trying to go back to sleep, it was only eight and he didn’t have to start getting ready for hours.

Maria wiped her palms nervously on her jeans as she stood on Liz’s porch. She knew that Liz would be surprised to see her here, shoes and bag in hand and ready to watch her best friend get married. She had wanted to talk to Liz before the wedding but had decide to go with the element of surprise instead, she knew that Liz had returned through Alex and that everything was fine and she didn’t want to ruin the lead up to her wedding anymore that she already had.

“Show time, Maria” she coached herself before reaching out and ringing the doorbell.

Isabel looked at the clock and smiled it was five minutes to 9 and she still had 10 minutes before she was supposed to leave for the hairdressers. She liked having a schedule but most of all she liked sticking to one. Isabel believed that it was important to be organised or otherwise things never worked out the way you wanted them too.

Maria frowned when no one answered the door so she tried again, she knew that Liz was spending the night at her house because Alex had told her so, and he had gotten the information from Isabel. And she also knew from earlier conversations with Liz that they’re appointment at the hairdressers want for another half an hour.

She tried the door then but found it locked so she began looking around in all the obvious places that people placed their spare keys.

“Bingo” she smiled when she found it under the pot plant. She hesitated for a few seconds before using it to gain access into the house.

“Hello” she called out, looking around and not seeing anything, the house was dark.

She headed towards the stairs “Hello Liz?” she questioned as she walked up the stairs.

This was her first time on the top level of the house and she noticed the nice photos of their families and a really beautiful one of them together the night they obviously got engaged hanging on the walls up the stairs.

She continued on until she saw what was obviously their bedroom and hesitantly entered the room. It shouldn’t have surprised her that the room was warm and inviting in deep reds, it was so Liz and Maria guessed for the first time that it was probably also very Max.

“Liz?” she called out again.

The bed was rumpled like it had just been used and a quick glance at the bathroom indicated the door wasn’t closed.

Liz’s head was throbbing as she woke up. She was confused at first as to where she was and when she saw the tiles and toilet she cursed.

“Shit” she had no idea what time it was.

Isabel looked at her watch for the third time. Liz was late and she was starting to get worried. Pulling out her mobile she dialled the number and waited for it to start ringing.

Maria was about to exit the room and the house when she heard the small curse.

“Liz?” she called out.

She began making her way to the small bathroom and the sight that greeted her when she got there shocked her.

“Oh my god, Liz are you ok?” she asked.

TBC........Tuesday