The Stand (M/L, CC, YTEEN) Sequel: To Forget ~{COMPLETE}~

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Post by Bordersinsanity »

Part 11

“I’m going to go take a walk. Kyle do you want to come along?”

“Sure Tess.”

Kyle got up and walked up beside Tess as she looped her arm through his. “What’s up Tess? It seems like you have been keeping to yourself quite a bit lately. Is there something bothering you?”

“It’s just I don’t know how to act. Khivar is my father and I don’t feel anything for him. I’m feeling like I am on the wrong side. There is so many different thoughts going through my mind right now. I don’t know where I belong anymore. Does that make any sense to you?”

“Tess you belong where you want to belong. Just because your father is Khivar doesn’t mean that you are a bad person. Take Star Wars for instance. Luke’s father was Darth Vader. Did that make Luke a bad person? Did Darth Vader love his son? Now that’s a hard one. No matter how hard he tried to get Luke to come over to the Dark Side it never worked because of the person inside of Luke. He knew deep down in his heart who he wanted to be and I think you know too. Tess what kind of person do you want to be?”

“Its not a matter of who I want to be Kyle its who I really am… I’m afraid of not truly knowing who I am. Can you tell me who I am? I really need to know.”

“Tess, from the very first day I saw you I knew you were the most beautiful girl that I have ever seen. Over the years you have given me more than beauty to fall in love with. You really want to know who you are?” Tess nodded slightly to answer Kyle’s question. “Well I will tell you who you are. You are the one that holds the key to my heart. You are the one that makes my stomach do the flip-flops any time you are around. I believe in you Tess and I know I’m not the only one that has put their faith in you either. The four of you can do anything you want or need to do when you are together. What you need to do now is look deep down inside and see where your loyalty stands. Let them know what you are feeling and work this out as the team that you are. Am I making any sense?”

“Yes Kyle. Have I ever told you that I love you.”

Kyle was shocked. She had never said those words to him before. “No.”

“Well I do. It’s not only you that gets all weird when we are together. I enjoy your company and feel empty inside when I’m not around you. I know now that I belong here on earth and that Antar is no longer my home. You are Kyle. You are my home. Thank you for never giving up on me, even when I thought that I only had one destiny. I know now like Max always said. We make our own destinies and you are the only one that I want now.” Tess took a step towards Kyle and embraced him. At that moment the connection between the two opened up and Kyle got to see who Tess really was. She was scared, scared and all alone.

“Tess you aren’t alone anymore. Let the rest of them in and we will be the family that you always wanted.”

“Kyle when did you get to be so enlighten?”

“Buddha has a way of working in mysterious ways Grasshopper. Come on lets get back to the group and discuss what our plans are going to be. We will have a tough road ahead of us if you guys want to stay on earth and live in peace.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

While Max and Anna were away from the group and Kyle and Tess just leaving it left only Michael, Maria, Alex and Isabel. “So what do you guys really think of Anna? Isabel was inquiring.

“We can trust her Iz.” Michael stated flatly.

“I know. I just wonder if Max was so in love with Kyla on Antar and we all know how much he loved Liz and Liz was Kyla. How can he be in love with Anna? Liz was his world for two lifetimes. Something is going on that just doesn’t feel right. Those two are too close. Is anyone else feeling the feelings that I am feeling?” Isabel just had to ask. “I dream walked Liz last night.”

“What?” Maria’s jaw was hanging down to the ground in utter disbelief. “How can that be possible? Wait. Michael Guerin! You know something don’t you… I just now realized something. Jordan said that Kyla was Rath’s sister didn’t he…”

“yeah.” Isabel had no idea where this was going.

“Michael what did you tell me last night after you came back from following Anna?”

“Maria. This isn’t the time. Not right now.”

“No what better time than now. You know you can trust all of us… We need to know. Michael no more secrets.”

“Alright. Anna’s my sister.”

“Michael…”

“Anna is really Liz. They had to make it look like she was dead so that Khivar would stop fighting us. The only reason that we had to encounter the Skins at all was because Khivar found out that the Queen had sent Liz to be with Max after all. All Khivar wants is to have Max and Tess be married so he can rule Antar and the other four planets surrounding it unquestionably.”

“I knew it! Ooohhh. I knew it!”

“Wait. Why wouldn’t they tell us that she is alive?” Alex was happy that his friend was truly alive but he was still wondering why Max would go through such great lengths to keep the truth from everyone. “There has to be more to it… What is the great scheme of things?”

“Alex… Can’t you just be happy that she is alive? We are all together something that hasn’t happened in a long, long time.”

“I know Maria, but let’s think about it. Why didn’t they come out and tell us the truth to begin with? Could it be because it would break Tess’ heart to know that she has failed her father in this life as well as in her past life? I’m telling you we can’t act any differently unless you really want to jeopardize the plan here. Knowing that Liz is ok makes me feel a lot better about the whole situation, but it only means one thing if Khivar finds out. We are in big trouble. Not only will Liz die but I’m sure the rest of us will go right down with her. I’m not willing to risk that, but I think in time it’s going to come out sooner or later.”

“What’s going to come out sooner or later?” Tess and Kyle were standing right behind the group of four that were left behind.

“Umm. the plan that Jordan is planning. He’s bound to tell it to us sooner or later.” Alex was quick on his feet and the others were grateful for it.

“I’m sure that is where he is right now, putting the final touches on the plan… Maybe tomorrow we will finally see what he has planned.” Michael jumped in too to make sure that they made their story as believable as possible.

“Well, it’s been a long day and I think I will go to bed.” Tess didn’t let go of Kyle’s hand. It was going to be a cold day in hell when she let go of this wonderful man that has broken the thick brick wall down away from her heart.

“Goodnight guys. See you bright and early.” Maria tried to sound pleasant to the couple that was heading towards there lodging.

“Ok… from here on out no more talk about Liz. I mean none. You hear me.” The look in Michael’s eyes confirmed how he was now taking responsibility for his long lost sister. He would die for her if it ever came to that.

“I think Tess and Kyle have the right idea. Alex do you want to go spend some good quality necking time together before the war starts again?”

“Anytime you want to get down in the sack you know you don’t have to ask me Isabel… I’m at your service.” Alex bowed to Isabel and then swept her off her feet as they headed towards there room.

“Come on Space boy. I think you owe me a little TLC after making me believe that Liz was dead…”

“Maria… You know I had too. No one had to tell me to keep it a secret. I just knew. I have these feelings that are just instinctive and they are hard to fight them. You know?”

“Yeah, I know. Come on let’s go make up.”

Max and Liz went back out to where they had left everyone early to find that they were all gone. “I wonder where everyone went to?”

“It’s been a tough week Max. They probably are back in their rooms making each other feel better about the whole situation. That’s all.”

“But I needed to talk to Tess, the sooner the better. I feel like she’s not going to take it very well.”

“Max you have to believe, because if you go in there with doubts then she is going to feel it… Just believe. Come on let’s take the queue that they have left us and let’s just be us for tonight. Alright?”

“I don’t know how I survived with out you Liz. Without you my life is incomplete; my mind is insane and I only know peace when I am with you. I knew you were what I needed way back then. I just wish I had the strength to go after you that day. Can you ever forgive me Liz?”

“I forgive you Max, but you need to forgive yourself first in order to feel at peace again. Come on baby let’s go to bed. I have a feeling that tomorrow is the beginning of the rest of our lives and our family is the ones around us here and now. You have to believe Max. Please swear to me that you will believe in me. In us.”

“I believe in you Liz. I believe in you.” That was all he could say right now because Tess was the unknown and as long as he felt that way about her there wasn’t going to be a peace until he knew where she stood. “I hope you are right about Tess, Liz. I don’t think I could survive if we were wrong about her and you died. Again.”

“I know Max. I feel the same way, but look at it through Tess’ point of view. Her father had her recreated to give her a second chance and the family that she has finally accepted is something completely different than what she thought we were. It’s all going to work out. I have this feeling that we have underestimated the real Tess Harding. Now come on I want to have you in my bed. I want to take all the doubt that you are feeling and throw it away.”

The two headed towards their room unaware of the dark figure lurking in the shadows of the trees. He pulled out his cell phone and placed the long awaited call that someone had been waiting for.

“It’s happening. It will only be a few more days before they are ready.” The man waited for the voice on the other end of the phone to give him his next directive. “Yes… I will keep my eye on them.” He paused to let the other one speak. “Yes sir… No sir. I won’t disappoint you. I will make sure that she is aware of everything. Yes. I will make sure that no one suspects her. Yes. You can count on me.” He hung up the phone.

“I hope you are ready to meet your maker. It will only be a matter of days before the one you trust will betray you. Sleep well king for you will need to be rested for the battle ahead.” The dark figured stood outside for quite sometime to make sure that it was safe for him to leave.

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 12

Kara knocked on Max and Liz’s door. Max got up and answered it. “Kara? Is everything ok?”

“Max. Is Anna awake?” It was really hard to call Liz by her name. After all Kara had only called her Anna for the last two years.

“No. It’s three o’clock in the morning. What’s wrong?”

“Jordan and I had an argument and Anna...Liz is the only one that has been there in the past for me. Is it ok if I talk to her for just a little bit?” Just as Kara was finishing up her request Liz walked up behind Max who was leaning against the partially opened door.

“Max…Who is it? Kara? What’s wrong.” Just as Liz asked the woman what was wrong she broke into tears.

“It’s Jordan… I can’t talk to him. It’s like this mission is the only thing that is on his mind Anna. I know it’s really important and believe me I know that this should be on top of my priority list too, but I need him right now. I’m really sorry to barge in her like this but would you mind going for a walk with me until I am thinking straight again. Please.”

Max gave Liz a hesitant look before Liz rested her hand on his arm. “Sure. It’ll be ok Max. I will be back before you know it.”

“I don’t know Liz. I don’t like you going out in the middle of the night like this. Why don’t you let me tag along? I will give you guys some distance so you can talk privately, but I don’t feel right letting you wonder out all by yourselves.” Max walked back to get on his shoes and grab his jacket but before he could finish the task Liz had already made her decision.

“I will be fine Max and besides I will let you know if there is anything wrong. It won’t take very long before she realizes that this is all over some big misunderstanding. Twenty minutes top.” She leaned over him and gave him an endearing kiss before she turned around and wrapped her arms around the small blonde woman. **I’ll be back before you miss me Max.**

**It’s already too late Liz. I already miss you. Now, please be careful.**

**I will Max. I will.**

Max laid back down on the bed and stared aimlessly up at the ceiling. He took one more look at the clock, which now read 3:15 am. ** Ok Parker if you aren’t back by 3:30 I’m coming for you.** Max rolled over and stared at the slow moving digital clock. How slow time seem to travel when you needed it to hurry up… It was mocking him. Somewhere deep down inside he knew that this was wrong. He got up and grabbed his jacket. What Liz didn’t know wouldn’t kill her. He needed to make sure that she was ok. She was his life and he wouldn’t be able to survive if anything happened to her.

Max stood on the porch of the cabin that everyone had been staying in while they trained. He tuned into what he was looking for and realized that she was farther away than he had expected. He started to jog towards where Liz’s signal was coming from when he doubled over in pain. No, this wasn’t his pain this was Liz’s pain. What was going on? Why was Liz in pain? “Liz!” Max got up and started running for where he knew she was. “Liz! Hang on. I’m coming.” Max stumbled and fell down into a bank of fresh snow. “Liz!” Tears were flowing down his cheeks. They were turning red from the bitter night cold and the wet tears running down his face weren’t helping him. Just as he rounded the corner into the clearing he saw a black van pull away and another sharp pain shot through his head causing him to crumble to the ground.

**Max! Max! Help me…** and then there was nothing but silence. Liz was gone. Max was going into hysterics when he saw a limp Kara lying face down in the snow. He ran over to her and fell to his knees. He started to shake the woman profusely to make her wake up “Kara. Kara. Wake up… What happened? Who took Liz? Kara!” The woman wasn’t responding. He needed to try and make a connection, but he couldn’t. He was being blocked. Max shook her again and she finally started to stir.

“Anna!” She looked around with a look of terror on her face. “NO! Where is she? Max?” She could tell by the look on the devastated man that was kneeling in front of her that they had gotten away with the love of his life. It was going to take him time to realize that this was for the best. His true destiny was the one that he has turned his back to for so long.

“Get up. We have to get the others. I don’t know what happened but you have some explaining to do.” Max took Kara by the arm with quite a bit of force.

“Ouch! That hurts.”

“You’re lucky that this is all I am doing right now. So help me Kara if anything happens to Liz I will make sure that you are the last one on a long line that will die. Do you hear me?”

“Max. You have to understand that this is the way that it should be. Kayla isn’t what is going to bring peace to our world. What kind of leader are you if you go back to Antar without the one that you married. How will your people follow a king that doesn’t even have the decency or the respect to honor a marriage? Do you have an answer for that one? How are you going to explain that to your followers My lord?”

“All they will need to see is how much we are in love and that NOTHING will come between us. Together Liz and I will rule and the people will end up loving her as much as I do. Don’t they remember that she died trying to protect their King?”

“May I remind you that their King died because of her. Nothing else matters to the people. None of this would have happened if it weren’t for Kayla. You would have ruled with Ava by your side and Khivar would have been pacified a long time ago, but because of that girl Antar has been living in constant fear of Khivar. I don’t think the people will welcome you or her with open arms if you return to Antar with her by your side. This is for the best.”

“Where have they taken her? What are they going to do to her?”

“She is being transported back to Antar to be held for treason and will be executed on the arrival of the Royal Four. You will get to see her again. Don’t worry.”

Max yanked Kara back to the cabin. He concentrated to try and make contact with Liz but only succeeded in reaching Tess. **Liz! Can you hear me?**

**Max? What’s wrong? Why are you calling for Liz? Max you are scaring me. What is going on?**

**Get the other’s Tess. Liz… I mean Anna has been kidnapped and Kara has turned traitor.**

**Max… Anna is Liz? I don’t understand… Why didn’t you tell us?**

**Tess! I don’t have time for this I am about five minutes from the cabin. Make sure that everyone is up. I will explain it once I get there. Do you hear me?**

**Yes. I’m getting them now. Max?**

**What!**

**It’s going to be ok… We will get her back. I promise you that you won’t be disappointed in me… I will do everything in my power to make sure that she is ok… If I have to I will go back and talk to my fath… To Khivar.**

**Tess… Thanks, but we will talk about this later… Right now I need everyone up and ready we have to get things moving along a lot faster than what we first anticipated.**

Max severed the connection. It worried him that he wasn’t able to connect to Liz… Could that mean that she was already on her way to Antar? Or even worse… Was she ok? Max shook his head at that thought and pulled Kara along more quickly to reach the cabin. How could Jordan be so worried about Tess when his own wife was the traitor? Jordan better be prepared for Max’s wrath because there will be nothing and no one that will be able to hold him back. Especially if something happens to Liz.

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 13

Max walked into the cabin with Kara in tow. “Max! What’s going on?” Tess approached the two and waited for the answer.

Max scanned the room to make sure everyone was present. “Liz is gone. What ever you had planned Jordan it has to happen now!. We don’t have much time.”

“What does this have to do with Kara?” Jordan didn’t understand why Max was holding Kara like he was.

“Kara lured Liz outside and she was taken within only ten minutes later.”

“Where is Anna now?” Jordan waited. “Kara! Where is she?”

The woman sunk down to her knees. “She’s on Antar.” She didn’t dare look at her husband’s eyes. “Jordan, please. This is the only way.”

“I don’t understand why after all this time… Why?”

Kara had started crying. Maria stood up…”First of all I would like to set the situation straight. I have a little beef to settle here. Max why didn’t you tell us that Anna was really Liz. I feel this tall” Maria indicated how low she felt by holding her index finger about an inch away from her thumb “about the way I yelled at the both of you the other night. Do you have any idea how it feels to have your best friend die and then realize that she was right under my nose all along? Ok… Anyway… All I wanted to say is that you can quit calling Anna, Liz… Liz is Liz and that is all she needs to be called from here on out. Ok… I’m off my soapbox. Please continue the interrogation of the bitch that turned traitor.” Maria sat back down beside Michael. He wrapped his arm around her as they both waited for Max to make his next comment.

“I’m sorry that we had to lie to you, to all of you, about Liz… But we did it for this very reason. We didn’t want anyone that would endanger her to know that it was really her.” Max looked straight at Tess. “I really wanted to tell everyone but that is beside the point now. Khivar is aware of what we had planned. So now we have to come up with a completely different plan and try and save Liz without Khivar knowing.”

“Max, I understand why you didn’t want to tell me. I’m sure that I probably wouldn’t have told me either, but I want you all to know that you are my family and no matter who we were in our past lives doesn’t mean that we are those same people.” Tess sat back down.

“Thanks Tess. It means a lot to all of us to know how you feel about us. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get back to Antar?”

“There is only one way for us to get back and that is by using the Granolith.” Jordan was addressing the group.

“We don’t know how the Granolith even works. We have never been able to get that much information about it.” Max stated dryly with his head looking down on the floor. Everyone in the room could tell that he was trying really hard not to let his emotions show right now. He had to be strong for the group they were all depending on him.

“Well, I guess it’s a good thing that I am here then now isn’t it?” Jordan had a small smile on his face. “Kara what is going to happen once we get back on the home planet?”

“I don’t know.”

“Kara, please. Tell me what is going to happen. I can’t believe that you don’t have faith in us, in Max and Liz to have everything turn out like it should. You should have come to me. We could have settled this together.”

“You don’t understand Jordan. If I didn’t’ do what I did none of us would be talking right now. It’s better to sacrifice one than all of us. This way we have a chance. They think that we will go after Liz; instead we can go straight for Khivar. Please believe me. This was the only solution that I had at the time.”

“No Kara, you should have come to us and we could have made a decision together. We could have been prepared. Liz would have been able to decide for herself. This isn’t the best solution.” Max’s temper was flaring again. “Jordan. I expect you to take care of her. If you don’t I will.”

“No I will.” Michael stood up. “So help me if anything happens to my sister I will kill you.” He looked straight at Kara. Tess’ mouth dropped along with Kyle’s. Jordan got up and took Kara into the back room. He knocked her out and put her in their room. **She won’t be getting up until its time for her to get up** Jordan walked back out into the living room.

“Were we the only ones left in the dark about Liz’s origin?” Kyle asked.

“Well while you and Tess were off taking a midnight stroll Maria sort of put two and two together and blabbed it from here to kingdom come.” Maria reddened a little while Michael explained to Tess and Kyle as well as to Max and Jordan how the group found out about Liz’s true identity.

“Ok. Since that is out in the open. Is there any idea on how we should go about getting her back?”

“The Granolith will take us straight into the main chamber of the palace. I’m sure Khivar will have it heavily guarded.”

“What if I mind warp them all into thinking that it is just me. That I have come to see my father.”

“That would be good, but Khivar would suspect something. The Granolith can only be used if all of the Royal four is present. He won’t go for that. We have to contact him to make him think that you have finally gotten the rest of the Royals right where he wants them. He has to think that since he has gotten Liz that Max and the others are willing to turn themselves into him.”

“That could work, but how do we contact him?” Tess wasn’t really ready to make contact with a father that she had never known but she would do it for her family.

“He will know once the Granolith is activated. He will be ready and waiting. Now the key is that he doesn’t have to know about the rest of us… So what you will have to do is hide Maria, Alex, Kyle and myself. I will take them out of the palace and will gather the troops that are awaiting the Royals return. Do you think you can handle that?”

“It will take a lot of concentration, but I’m sure that Khivar will be more interested in Max than in me. I can do it. I have to do it.”

“Good.”

“What about us. You can’t expect us to be captured as soon as we step foot onto the home planet. I won’t go down that easy.”

“Michael, you guys will have to give us some time to get where we need to get. If you act irresponsible right off the bat and get yourself killed then we won’t have any way of getting Liz out of danger too. Khivar will have to gloat on the capture of you guys so if you stay calm and collected then you will be ok for the first night.”

Max finally spoke up. “Where will they be keeping Liz?”

“I have a feeling that Khivar won’t let her too far out of his sight. He knows how much she means to you. I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t have her in the Granolith room when we arrive.”

“If he has her in the Granolith room when we arrive why can’t we just grab her and then get the hell out of Dodge and come back home?” Alex thought that he had come up with a plan that seemed reasonable.

“The Granolith will need to regenerate for a day in order for it to be used on the return trip, besides just grabbing Liz and getting back will not accomplish anything. Antar will still be under Khivar’s rule. We need to stop this once and for all. We have to free the people and return the power where it belongs. To the Royal family.”

“What if we don’t want to stay once everything is over?” Isabel grabbed onto Alex’s hand and waited for Jordan’s answer.

“I don’t know. It has always been a given that Max would rule on Antar? I don’t know if your mother has ever thought of the possibility that you wouldn’t want to stay.” Jordan could see where the young princess was coming from. They had all grown attached to their human counterparts and they had started a life here on earth that would definitely be different on Antar. “Don’t give up hope. The queen is a very logical woman and together you will decide what is best for yourself.” Jordan gave the young woman a small smile.

“When are we going.” Max wasn’t going to wait any longer to get Liz back. Everyone in the group looked at Jordan.

“Let’s get packing. Get a flight for Roswell in the morning and by tomorrow night we will be on Antar. Good enough?” Everyone shook their head in agreement and went their separate ways to start packing and to get ready for the battle ahead of them.

Max just sat in the living room while he watched everyone leave. **I’m coming Liz. Hang in there sweetheart. I love you** With that thought he finally got up and headed for their room. He packed up his few things that he had come here with and grabbed the few things that Liz had brought as well and when he reached to grab her sweater that she wore the other night, the scent over powered him and he finally broke down and cried. **One more day… Come on Max hold it together. Once you get her back you can breakdown. In the meantime you have to be strong for the others. One more day**

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 14

“Kara you know it’s a hard time right now with everything going on. Jordan is afraid that he is going to fail. It’s been a real rough time trying to make sure that Khivar doesn’t know anything. It’s going to be ok. Just hang in there.” Liz was trying to soothe her friend’s problem that she was having with her husband.

“It’s not that Liz. I’m afraid that something is going to go terribly wrong and that I’m going to lose him in all of this mess. He’s the only thing that I have left and I don’t know what I will do if something happens to him. I don’t think I could continue to go on.”

“Kara don’t think like that. There was a time that I felt the same way about Max. I thought that he needed to be somewhere else and I did everything in my power to make it happen. I was wrong. Everything has a way of working out. Have faith in us.”

“I guess that’s my problem. I want to believe that everything will be ok, but I can’t risk it. Please forgive me… But this is for the best.”

“What are you talking about Kara?” Just as Liz was finishing the question Kara reached for Liz and knocked her out. The figure that was hiding in the bushes ran to where the two girls were.

“What was taking so long I was beginning to think that you were having second thoughts.”

“Nicholas. I just want you to know. I don’t trust you and I trust Khivar even less. I am having second thoughts but if there is any chance that Jordan and I will survive this ordeal then it’s better than nothing. So help me if anything happens to Jordan I will hunt you down.”

“Oh. You think you are big enough. You better be quiet now little girl before you get on my bad side. Now enough of this nonsense. I got to get the little princess out of here before the king finds out what is going on.” Nicholas reached over and knocked Kara out he bent over and picked up Liz. She started to stir and realized that something was definitely wrong.

**Max! Max! Help me…** Right as Liz was trying to contact Max, Nicholas reached down and knocked Liz out.

“No, no, no. Don’t alert him just yet. We are going on a little trip. You are the key to getting the Royal Four home. I understand that Max will do anything for you... Just like he would have done anything for Kayla... To bad he won't get to love you just like he didn’t get to love her either.”

Nicholas threw Liz into the back of the van and ran around to the passenger side and told the driver to drive.

Liz started to wake up… Unsure of where she was she didn’t make any drastic moves… Her head was killing her, which kept her lying down. She heard voices off in the distance; she tried to open her eyes to see if she could recognize anyone. It didn’t help. She was facing a stone wall. **God, my head is killing me.** Liz raised her hand to rub her temples.

“Well, well, well. She’s finally awaken.” The man behind the voice still hadn’t made himself visible to Liz.

“What do you want with me?”

“I don’t think you are in any position to ask questions. Do you? You are the one that will bring me the Royal Four. You will be the one responsible for their death… That’s really all I want with you… Nothing more and nothing less.”

“Who are you?”

“What my reputation hasn’t preceded me? I’m shock… But then again you are a mere human and why would you know who I am? My name is Reltinton Khivar. Most everyone just calls me Khivar which seems to suit me just fine.”

“Khivar… You are here on Earth?”

“No I would never waste my time on that puny planet of yours. You are on the planet of Antar. The home world of your beloved Max and all.”

“I don’t understand… How did I get here?”

“It wasn’t easy… With those stupid Royals not giving me the location of the Granolith, I had to bring you here the hard way… It used quite a bit of my reserves as well as the reserves of the others but it will be well worth it… They have no choice now but to come after you in the Granolith… It will be mine and I will be able to rule Antar as well as the other planets without any objection. The people will see their beloved king perish at the hands of his beloved human…”

It finally sunk in that Khivar didn’t really know who she was… This could really help out when the others came for her… She had to get a hold of Max someway or another. “How long have I been here?”

“About six hours.”

“Six hours? Is that all? What makes you so sure that the others will come for me?”

“Kara said you were important to them. As soon as they found you in Colorado, I believe that is where you were, they all came for you.”

“They didn’t come for me… They came because Max asked them to come. I’m unimportant to the group. They will need everyone to agree before they come for me… Max won’t jeopardize the group for me. They are his family and he knows better than to risk the lives of many for just me… He’s not coming for me.”

Khivar had enough of the human’s mouth and he leaned down and grabbed the petite brunette, he was furious. “You listen to me…” As soon as he made contact with Liz, Khivar sensed her power. “What do we have here? The human has power.”

Liz couldn’t believe what she was hearing. He knew… She had to get him off the track of who she really was. “What are you talking about? I don’t have any powers.”

“Oh, but you do. Now I see why you are so important. What Nicholas said is true… We weren’t for sure but now that you are here and I can feel it… I know it is true. The king risked his life to save you didn’t he… You are the girl that was allegedly shot at the café. Aren’t you? You’ve been changed. This just gets better and better. He will come for you. There is no doubt about it, he will come for you.”

“What ever…” Liz was trying to get under Khivar’s skin. She didn’t want him to know that he was right. Max would come for her there was no doubt about it. They were coming. It was only a matter of when they were coming.

The plane trip to Roswell was traveled in silence. No one made any attempt to make polite conversation. Jordan had Kara knocked out in the seat beside him. They were planning on leaving her with the sheriff once they arrived in Roswell. Max had called him to see if he would be able to meet them at the airport.

The sheriff was pacing in the waiting area at the airport. He didn’t believe what he heard from Kyle when they had called at four o’clock this morning. Liz was alive but had been kidnapped by the Skins… It was unbelievable. Liz was alive. The voice over the intercom announced the arrival of the kids’ flight and he stood in front of the aisle to wait for them to get off the plane.

Everyone’s face was down and it looked like they had been defeated. There was two people that Jim Valenti didn’t recognized but he knew that one of them was responsible for Liz’s kidnapping. “Sheriff.” Max held out his hand to shake the older man’s hand.

“Max. I’m glad you had a safe trip. Its going to be ok, son.” The sheriff had grown fond of the young man that was a king and fighting a war here on earth for so long. It amazed him that Max hadn’t given up by now.

“Thanks.” Was all that Max could muster right now.

“Dad!”

“Kyle. You ok?”

“Yeah. We’re ok.” Kyle had his arm wrapped around Tess. It looked really comfortable there.

“Tess, are you ok?” The sheriff brought the small blonde, that his son had grown accustom to having around, into a hug.

“I’m fine Jim. Thanks for asking. Are you doing ok?” Tess had gotten attached to Kyle’s dad and would give anything for him to be her real dad but it just wasn’t going to happen. Destiny had reared its ugly head once again and had ruined any attempts of the four aliens of having and living a normal life. It was time for it to end. She just hoped that everyone would come out ok in the end.

“Come on. Let’s get your luggage and get a move on… I rented a van for everyone to ride in. If anyone wants to ride in the Explorer they are more than welcomed to.” Jim moved everyone to the luggage claim and they waited quietly for the carousel to begin moving.

**Why is it the first one with their luggage on is the last one to get their luggage off. Airplane politics just wasn’t on their side today.** Max couldn’t believe what had happened in the month’s time that he had been gone from Roswell. The first week was absolutely paradise. He had found Liz, and then found out that she was one of them… Unbelievable. Then it went downhill all in the last twenty-four hours. She was gone and all she could do now was wait for them to come rescue her. They still hadn’t really figured out a good plan but what they had was better than nothing. Tess was going to mind warp everyone into believing that it was just the Royal Four that were returning but in all actuality it was the Royal Four plus the three humans and Jordan. Jordan was going to lead the humans to the resistance so they could then turn around and save the Royal Four plus Liz. It was risky but it was all they had right now.

Kyle and Tess ended up riding with the sheriff as well as Kara… They didn’t want her to hear any of the plan in the event that she still had contacts here on earth.

They pulled up to the rock where the Granolith was kept and everyone filed out of the vehicles in silence. “Kyle you don’t have to go… I don’t know what I would do if something happened to you because of me.”

“Tess I’m tired of talking about it… We go together and we do it right. Don’t give up on us before we even have a chance to get started.”

“Kyle, it’s not that I am giving up on us, I’m trying to save us… We don’t know what is going to happen up there and I don’t want to lose you and have it be my fault.”

“Tess, none of this is your fault… It’s not your fault that your real dad is a raging lunatic and over the last three years he has sent every kind of goon out to destroy you and your make-shift family here on earth. It’s not your fault. Now enough of this nonsense I’m going with you and that is it… Besides Liz is my friend too and I want to help.”

Almost the same conversation was occurring at the entrance to the Granolith chamber between Maria and Michael and Alex and Isabel. Each one loved the other too much to see anything happen to the other. Jordan finally said something “I want to get one thing straight. We won’t win if you are worrying about the other, and we definitely won’t win if we leave the humans behind… We need them. You need them. What we are about to do needs to be complete and the only way that we will be complete is if the ones that you have let into your life is there to help. You trust them and most of all you love them. So enough already. I don’t want to here anymore you are staying because I love you crap. Everyone understand? Good… Now it’s time… Tess are you ready?”

“As ready as I will ever be.”

Kara had started stirring while Jordan was giving his speech about trust and needing. She could tell by the sound in his voice that he was hurt really deep. **What had she done. The one that she was trying to protect would fail all because of her. He didn’t believe in himself anymore because she had gone against everything that he was trying to do.** She has to fix it. She would wait and then at the very last moment she would jump in and help… Hopefully it wasn’t too late to right the wrong that she had done.

Everyone filed into the pod chamber and then headed towards the back to the where the Granolith was. Max placed the crystal that Jordan had been keeping for their return into the slot that was designated for their return trip. Almost immediately the Granolith started humming. “Everyone lock hands and step inside. We don’t want to lose anyone on the way there now do we?” Jordan was trying to keep it light. It wasn’t helping.

Isabel was holding onto Alex’s hand so tight that he couldn’t feel his fingers anymore. “Izzy lighten up. It’s going to be ok… And if you can’t lighten up at least you can loosen your grip on my fingers. I want to be able to jam on the bass when I get back and at the rate that you are squeezing my fingers they just might fall off before we leave.”

“Sorry.” She loosened her grip to only tighten the hold that she had on Max’s hand. She looked over at her brother when he did a quick squeeze back. The look that he had on his face was understanding. He understood that she wanted to keep Alex safe and that she would have to let go once they arrived on Antar. Max knew.

“Its ok Isabel. I don’t want you to let go of me either. It’s going to be ok… When have we failed at anything that we have done in the last three years?”

“There’s a first for everything.” Isabel wished that she could have taken the comment back right as she finished it. Max grimaced at her comment. He was having doubts that he would fail not only his family but that he would fail Liz.

The whirling of the Granolith got louder and right before the Granolith was to take off Kara pushed the sheriff out of the way and jumped into the middle right next to Jordan. “Kara! What are you doing?” Jordan couldn’t believe what she was doing.

“I have to come and fix the wrong that I have done. I know now that by my actions I have doomed the mission. I need to fix it. I love you Jordan and I can’t have you go home to die because of me. Please. I know I have done wrong let me come and help. I want to get Liz back for you for the people and especially for Max.” Kara looked over at the sad and angry king and waited for him to make the call.

“So help me Kara if you jeopardize this mission you don’t have to worry about what will happen to Jordan. You won’t make it long enough to see what happens.” Max looked at Jordan. “What do you think?”

“I believe her. If anything goes wrong you don’t have to worry Max… I will take care of her and myself for betraying you. You won’t be disappointed. I meant what I said earlier before we left. We are stronger with our loved ones. I would have failed the mission and you if she stayed behind. We are a unit and when we are divided we are not as strong. Even if you don’t believe in Kara, please, believe in me.” Max nodded his head.

The trip in the Granolith was short and unexpected. No one really knew what to expect. “Get ready Tess. We’re almost there. Only a few more minutes.”

“This isn’t so bad. I wouldn’t mind travelling this way more often. Getting from one place to the other by using the Granolith ain’t so bad.” Kyle was shaking his head up and down while he was talking. His mind was reeling at the possibilities of the Antarians sharing their resources with earth. **One thing at a time Valenti. We have to save Liz and kill Darth Vader before we start sharing resources. Yeah… Kill Vader.** From there on out that is how he referred to Khivar.

The Granolith started winding down and Jordan went behind Tess. “Go ahead and start. Ignore everything that is happening around you… We will need a good ten minutes to get out of the palace and to a safe place. Can you do it?”

“I will do it… Don’t worry about me… Take care of Kyle and the others and I will make sure that no one knows you guys are here.” Tess leaned over and gave Kyle a long kiss before she began concentrating on the images she would be projecting to Khivar and anyone else that was there. “I love you Kyle. Be safe and return to me when this is all over.”

“You don’t have to worry about me… You be careful too.”

The Granolith landed and the humans, Jordan and Kara disappeared. Tess thought it would be better if no one saw them that way it wouldn’t be noticed if Isabel, Michael or herself felt the need to look in their direction and give it all away.

“Well, well, well… Look at what the cat drug in.” Khivar was standing in front of the Granolith. He had Liz draped in front of him. “Don’t even try anything Zan. I will kill your human before you even get half way.”

“Liz!”

“Max!”

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 15

“Are you ok?” Max’s heart went out to Liz. She looked like she was ok.

“Yeah.” Max was here. Everything was going to be ok.

**Listen to me… Don’t panic. Everything that will happen is happening for a reason… Don’t do anything that will get you hurt. You hear me? I love you Liz.**

**Ok… Got it.** “What are you doing here? I told him that you wouldn’t show up for me.” Liz had to keep the story going because it looked like Tess was doing one of her mind warps.

“We are here now Khivar. Let Liz go.”

“I’m not quite sure I want to do that just yet young prince. You never know when I might need her to get some satisfaction.”

Max jumped at Khivar. “Max! No!” Liz couldn’t believe him. He had just told her not to do anything stupid and then he goes and leaps at Khivar. “He’s just playing with you. Michael! Keep him there.”

“Michael? Oh, the second in command. Pity that you never made it over to my side. You would never be second to anyone… What do you say Rath… Want to come over to the Dark Side?”

“I will see you in Hell before I come to your side Khivar.”

Khivar tilted his head back and let out a hideous laugh that echoed throughout the Granolith room. “That’s a good one. I have to say one thing about Earth. Their descriptive use of their language is funny sometimes. I see that the princess is here as well. Looking absolutely ravishing as always.” Khivar looked Isabel up and down. His gaze made a shiver run up her spine. “Vilandra. Had any urges to sleep with your brother’s enemies lately?” Khivar knew what he was doing.

“Don’t listen to him… He is only trying to drive a wedge between us and make us doubt each other.”

“Zan. Zan. Zan. You think your young mind knows all. I bet you didn’t know this one.” Khivar looked at Tess. “Ava, my daughter, come stand by your father.” Tess didn’t move she wasn’t ready to give up the warp just yet. She was hoping that the others could keep him busy just a few more moments.

“That’s not going to do it either Khivar. Tess is aware of who you are and she chooses to stay were she is loved and needed. You have nothing that will break us up.” Max stepped in front of Tess to show that she was now on his side.

“Ava! I said come here. Didn’t you hear me?”

Tess couldn’t do it she was going to have to break her concentration and let the mind warp go. She only hoped that the others were far enough away to be safe. She sent a silent communication to Kyle. **I have to let it go… He is demanding my attention. Be careful and remember I love you.**

Kyle heard her and warned the others before he answered her back. **Don’t worry about me… I love you too.** He couldn’t help but add the next part. **Let the force be with you.**

Khivar was looking at his daughter and he thought it was strange that she had a smile on her face and her eyes were actually showing signs of happiness. “Ava! Answer your father.”

“I don’t have to do what you say… I do not consider you my father. We know what you did to us in our past life and it doesn’t matter if you gave us a second chance or not. We make our own destinies and as long as we are together you will never be able to have full control of Antar and the other planets.”

“My, what has gotten into you? You have never talked back to me before. I do have to say that I am surprised at your actions, but Nicholas had warned me that our reunion might not be a warm one. If that is the way that you want it to be, then so be it. I will treat you like the traitor that you are. You will feel my wrath just like the rest of them. Is that what you want?”

“What I want is you to call me Tess. We are no longer the people that we were in our past lives. We have learned from our mistakes and have grown much more than you could have ever expected. We are a force to be reckoned with. Be aware Khivar this will not be an easy battle for you.”

“Such big words for such a small female.” Khivar tightened his hold on Liz. “It looks like you forgot one small detail. I have your king’s beloved human.”

Max took another step forward. “Is there some place that we can go to talk about your options.”

“My options? Hah. Shouldn’t you mean your options?”

“Whatever Khivar. Are you afraid to see what I have to say? Leave Liz with the others and why don’t you and me go somewhere and talk.”

“You must think I am a fool. I know what she means to you. Where ever I go she goes. You will not use her to turn the tables. I am aware of what you are trying to do Zan.”

“Like Tess said earlier we would appreciate you calling us by our Earth names now. We are no longer the people that we were before.”

“Guards! Take them to their cells. Put the word out that the Royal four has returned home for their execution.”

“No!” Liz tried to pull away from Khivar so she could reach Max.

Khivar tightened his hold on Liz. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you. You will be joining them shortly once I know that I have them where I want them. Don’t worry.” Khivar was holding Liz with his arm around her waist and her back press firmly against his chest. He tilted his head down and was whispering in her ear. Liz was beginning to weaken in the knees and tears started to fall. Small whimpers were escaping her throat as he continued telling her her worst nightmare.

“No. I won’t do it.” Khivar topped it off when he turned Liz around so that she was facing him face to face. Khivar had both his hands on her face forcing her to look at him. When he was satisfied that Max was detained and would be unable to get to him he leaned in and placed his lips onto Liz’s. She fought as much as she could and when she wasn’t able to do anything the anger inside of her started her powers to rev up. The power grew fast and furious and it exploded from Liz. It threw Khivar along with everyone else to the floor. Liz was in shock. She turned around in circles trying to take in the scene that was in front of her. She saw Max and the others lying in a pile on the ground. She ran over to them quickly. “Max. Max. Oh, please be ok. Max!!!” Nothing. She started crying. She moved over to where Michael was and started to shake him when she was jerked away from them.

“I guess I under estimated your powers. Too bad you don’t have the power that Michael has because if you did we all would be dead. Good in a way but bad in another; good because I survived; bad because so will they.” Khivar went to the wall and pushed a button. “I need more guards in here to clean up this mess.” Moments later eight more guards came in. “Take them to their cells and notify me when they awaken.”

“Yes sir.”

“Don’t try that stunt again or else I will kill you myself.” Khivar dragged Liz behind him. She turned to see if the others were in fact ok. They weren’t moving yet. She thought to herself that if anything happened to them because of her she would die. Screw Khivar.

“Hey guys. Tess has to stop the warp be ready to be seen.” Kyle warned the group. They were almost out of the palace. Tess had done a good job. It wasn’t easy to make an entire kingdom unaware of them. She had to have been drained by all of this.

Jordan was in the lead followed by Kara. It was Alex and then Maria followed by Kyle. Once outside the palace walls Jordan went into the wooded area. When they came upon a grate that was hidden by some foliage they went underground. They had to work fast. They had to be in their places before the public execution. Jordan couldn’t fail. The group was a strong unit but they lacked the numbers. Khivar had many men and it would take many more to infiltrate the palace walls.

“Queen Bacena! Thank God you are here.”

“Jordan! What are you doing here?”

“We had no choice. Khivar took Kyla. Zan and the others insisted that we save her."

“He loves her?”

“Yes.”

“You must tell me. How did they meet?”

“He had been drawn to her from the very first moment he saw her. He saved her life just three years ago.”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Wonderful… If only I knew this the first time, I would have never agreed to the wedding to Ava.”

“They know and understand. They aren’t the same as they were before. Something about being around humans has made them more stable. They rely on each other. They treat each other as equals. Unlike before. You can be proud. Your decision to send Kayla was probably the best. It may be the only thing that will defeat Khivar. I would like you to meet some very important young ones your highness.” Jordan turned so that the queen would be able to see the humans.

“I would like to introduce you. First of all, this is Alex Whitman. You will be happy to know that this young man has won the heart of your daughter. She goes by the name of Isabel.” Alex went forward to shake the hand of the queen.

“Hey. How ya doing.” Maria ran up and slapped him on the arm.

“That’s not the way you greet royalty you idiot.”

“Oh… Sorry.” Alex bowed. “Your highness. It is a great honor to finally meet the mother of the one that I love. I hope you know that I would do anything for your daughter and look forward to the time that you can finally meet the woman that she has become.”

“Alex. It is very nice to meet you. I can see in your eyes when you speak of my daughter that you truly love her. I only hope that we will be able to help get them away from Khivar in time.”

“Me too.”

“This young lady is Maria Deluca. Rath is rather smitten with this little spitfire of a girl.”

Maria bowed in front of the queen. “It is an honor to finally meet you. However, the next time you decide to recreate the Royal four may I suggest not sending an orb that has the dreaded destiny message. When they heard that they totally flipped.”

The queen smiled at the young woman that stood in front of her. So far the children had chosen well. However, there was one man left and she had no idea who he was. “And you are?”

“Um… Yeah. I’m Kyle Valenti. Tess’ boyfriend.”

“Tess?”

“Oh yeah. Ava… I’m Ava’s boyfriend.”

“Really. Are they aware of Ava’s origins Jordan?”

“Yes they are your highness. They are well aware that Ava is Khivar’s daughter. I’m telling you they trust each other completely and who they were in their previous life doesn’t matter to them. They have gone through quite a lot during their stay on earth. Just because she is Khivar’s daughter doesn’t mean that he was easy on them. The Skins as they are known on earth didn’t single out any particular person. They attacked blindly and they didn’t care who got in their way.”

“I see. Well I guess everything has worked out for the best. What do we do from here?”

“Well… We are hoping that the rebellion is strong. Now that the Royal four is back on Antar Khivar won’t waste any time before he holds a public execution. He will want all of us to see that he now has possession of the Granolith as well as the reincarnated Royal family… I suggest that we attend their execution and stop it at the last possible moment and take hold of Khivar. He has Kyla but he doesn’t know it… I am hoping to use that against him. I imagine that the execution will be announced for in the mid morning… We don’t have much time to prepare. Is there anyway that we can get everyone rounded up and get organized?”

“Yes. Follow me.”

The group followed the queen further into the underground system. “How long have you been underground?” Alex just had to know.

“For over a century.”

“Wow.”

“Come on Alex we’ll worry about that later… We have to save them…” Maria was pulling Alex along behind her. She had a funny feeling that something was going to happen and it wasn’t going to be pretty. Just as she finished her thought they were hit with an overwhelming blast of energy. They were all knocked out. The humans at least.

“What was that?” The queen was asking Jordan.

“I have no idea. But what ever that was it had to have affected the Royal four because these humans have become connected to them. What ever happens to Isabel, Michael and Tess will happen to them. They don’t know how important it is that we stop the execution. More than the Royal four lives are at stake.”

“Come on… If we can make it around the corner we can have my people come back and get them.” Kara was leaning over Maria while the queen was instructing them to follow her.

“They’re breathing.” Jordan looked on to his wife and let out a sigh of relief. They had to move quickly. Whatever is happening is not a good sign.

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 16

Once the pod squad was moved to the appropriate holding cells, Khivar was able to relax and have a little bit of fun. “Nicholas! Get in here. Let’s see what this pretty little thing has on her mind.” Nicholas was no where to be found. “Nicholas! Where is that bumbling fool? Nicholas!” Khivar was starting to pace back and forth in front of Liz. He went back to the intercom on the wall and yelled once again. “Nicholas! If you’re not here in five minutes you will be executed along with the Royal Four. Is that understood?” Before Khivar could even let his finger up off the button Nicholas appeared from out of no where.

“What is it you need my lord?” You could tell be the tone in Nicholas’ voice that he didn’t like Khivar… Liz saw the dislike in Nicholas and filed it away to be used at a later time.

“I want to know everything this human knows about the Royal Four. I want to know how strong they are and what they are planning. I want to know how she became to be so powerful herself. Is that too much for me to ask?”

“No sir… However, I will need to take her to a more suitable room. Somewhere I can be alone with her.”

“Fine. Whatever you want to do, wherever you want to go, but hear me now Nicholas. I want to know by the end of the day… I don’t want to be hit with any surprises. Is that understood?” Khivar was scared and he didn’t want anyone to be aware of the possibility of being defeated. Khivar himself was not a powerful man but the people that he had conned into serving him were very powerful, but they were unaware of that.

Liz had heard about Nicholas’ mind rape. The panic started to rise inside her. Nicholas grabbed Liz by her wrist and started to drag her behind him. “Let go of me… I can walk on my own.” Liz straightened her back and then proceeded to stare down Nicholas. He resentfully let go thinking to himself **What could a mere human do to the likes of me… She is no match.** They walked down the corridor and after a few turns they finally came to the chamber that Nicholas wanted to go to.

Once inside the dark damp room Nicholas directed Liz to take a seat in front of a mirror. “Why such the big production Nicholas? You could have done this anywhere. Why bring me to this awful room?”

“Why this room? Well I never underestimate my opponent, as some people tend to do. I have a feeling that you won’t give me what Khivar wants so I know that I will have to use drastic measures.”

“How can I give you what Khivar wants if I have no idea what they have planned. Hello… I was abducted before they even got here. What ever they had planned before is probably different now because the stakes are different.” Liz knew that she needed to push any thoughts as well as memories of the plan that was devised as far back as she could. Kara had taught them to imagine putting all those thoughts in a tiny room way back in their mind and then shutting the door and locking it away… Liz concentrated on doing this. “So Nicholas, what’s so important about this room?”

“Just wait you’ll see soon enough.” Nicholas walked over and sat right next to Liz. “Why aren’t you afraid. Surely you know what I can do to you. Your almighty king knows.” Liz looked at Nicholas with frightening eyes. Max had never told her about that ever happening. **I wonder why?** “I see that he never told you about that. In fact, that’s the reason I volunteered to get you myself. Out of all the information that I got from him the only thing that stood out to me as being important to him was the images of dark headed girl. Liz, I think is whom he called her. That’s why we came after you in Colorado. It took us a long time to find you but once we destroyed you we knew that he wouldn’t have the courage or the strength to go on. No one would have guessed that you had found Jordan; who was strong enough to bring you back; and who was also smart enough to keep you well hidden from us. Imagine my surprise when I saw him in Colorado spending time with Jordan’s sister. A sister that Jordan had never had before. So we watched and waited. I never told Khivar that we failed to kill you the first time. I won’t fail the second time. You are very important to the young man and I tend to use that against you.” Just as Nicholas finished his thought he waved his hand in front of the mirror. There in front of Liz were her four friends. They had just started to wake up from the blast that she had emitted early.

Liz looked at Nicholas confused. “What do you plan on doing?”

“You’ll see.” Nicholas reached for Liz and took hold of her face with both hands. He started to make contact. The shear force of his power made Liz cringe in pain.

“Aughhh!” Liz screamed and then he was in. She could feel him flipping through memories and throwing them to the side. He was searching. Liz now realized what she needed to do.

**Flash**
Liz’s first memory of her, Alex and Maria on the playground playing.

**Flash**
The first Science fair that she had entered in fourth grade.

She was bombarding him with unimportant images and information. Nicholas pulled away from her he gripped his own head. It took Liz awhile to finally realize that he was no longer connected to her. “If that’s the way you want to play then two can play at that game.” Nicholas left the room. Liz stood up and went to the mirror. She proceeded to pound on the two-way mirror. Nothing they didn’t know she was there… She had to try and warn them. She tried to connect to them to let them know that she was right there when Nicholas entered into the cell where the four were being held.

“It’s about time the sleeping beauties woke up. Have a nice nap?” Nicholas was standing in front of the door.

“What do you want Nicholas? Just get it over already.” Michael stood up and was now standing between the others and Nicholas. He was their protector and Nicholas had to go through him first.

“Sit down Michael this doesn’t have anything to do with you.” Nicholas walked over to Isabel. “I seem to be in a little bit of a jam right now and I think you can help me.” The men tried to keep Nicholas from taking Isabel but with their powers being blocked by whatever the cell was made of; it was pretty much useless. Nicholas threw a power blast towards them and knocked them down. The only ones left standing were Tess, Isabel and Nicholas. “I suggest you don’t try anything Tess if you know what is best for you. Your father has made it perfectly clear that you are not to be treated any different from the rest.”

Tess didn’t care what happened there was no way that he was going to get Isabel out of the room without a fight. She leaped for Nicholas and was met in mid air with a power blast that knocked her to the back wall. She hit it with a loud thud and was knocked unconscious almost immediately. Blood started to trickle down the back of her head. Isabel gasped and Max and Michael were by her side almost immediately.

Nicholas grabbed Isabel, “Are you going to come now or do I have to hurt someone else.”

“I’m not going until you heal her. If she dies so help me, Nicholas, you will not live to see Khivar’s death.”

“I don’t have to take orders from you. You will do what I say or else there will be your brother there beside her as well.”

“Just go Isabel… We will try and take care of Tess. Be careful…” Max didn’t want his sister to leave but he didn’t want to take a chance in this cell either. If she could get out of the cell then maybe she could connect with Tess and heal her… Granted he was the best healer but they all had the ability to do it one way or another.

Isabel shook her head knowing what Max was thinking. If she could just stall Nicholas in the doorway while she was out she could connect with Tess and try and heal her. Nicholas opened up the door and they began to step through she acted like she tripped and she grabbed on to him. She connected with Nicholas to use his powers and then she concentrated on Tess. **God there is so much damage. Hurry up Isabel…** She was yelling at herself for getting sidetracked. With the added power from Nicholas Tess was healed in no time. She sent her a message to the others what to do in case she didn’t come back. “Don’t think that Isabel… You will be back.” Tess got up and started to go towards her, but stop after realizing what Nicholas did to her.

Nicholas pulled away from Isabel. “You think you are so smart don’t ya… Just wait. I have something better in store for you.” He jerked her forward and slammed the door to the cell.

“Where are we going?”

“I have someone that wants to see you. If she doesn’t cooperate then you will pay the price.”

“Why me?”

“Because she is loyal to you. She understands that Max and her might die for the greater good, but she won’t be able to deny me what I want when she sees you suffering. She loves you like a sister. Your life is more important to her than her own and so I need to use you for just a little bit. Ok?” Isabel stopped in her tracks just as they were approaching the door next to the cell. When the door opened her eyes immediately fell to where Liz was sitting on the floor curled up in a ball.

“Liz!” Isabel ran over to her and pulled her face up so that she could look at her. “Are you ok?” Liz’s eyes were tear-filled and her cheeks had streaks running down them.

“I have to be strong Isabel.” Liz was pleading with her friend to understand.

“I know. It will be ok. We knew it would be like this but remember there is always hope right around the corner. Don’t ever forget that. There is always hope.”

Nicholas pretended to dab his fake tears away from his eyes. “So touching. Too bad neither one of you knows what is going to happen to you if you don’t give me what I want.” Looking at Liz, “Are you ready to give me what I want now?”

Liz backed away and was huddling into Isabel’s arms. With the two girls so close together they were able to combine energy. **When he connects with us you take hold of his energy and use it to project the others to us.** Liz nodded her head. Isabel knew what she was saying yes to but Nicholas thought that she was saying yes to him.

He walked over to Liz once more and grabbed her away from Isabel. Once he was in contact with Liz she started to absorb all of his energy. Nicholas didn’t know what she was doing and before he knew it Isabel was in the mix as well. The energy from Isabel and Nicholas was enough to boost her own energy to get everyone through the wall. She was lucky that they were so close together. It was like they were aware of what she was doing. Once they felt her essence they connected their own power and concentrated on sending it to Liz so that it would make it easier. After what seemed like an eternity to Liz; Max, Michael and Tess were in the same room with Isabel, Liz and Nicholas. Sensing that they were all together again Liz concentrated on pushing Nicholas out of the connection. As soon as the connection was severed Nicholas, Liz and Isabel all fell into a pile on the floor.

Max ran to Liz’s side. “Liz. Are you ok? Look at me.”

“Max.” Liz was weak. She barely spoke above a whisper but that was enough for Max to sigh in relief. She had done it. She had gotten them out of the cell and now it was up to Tess to get them out of the palace.

“Tess. Your turn. Can you do it?”

“I think so.”

“We will need to do something to Nicholas any suggestions?”

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 17

“It is time. The others are on their way.” Alex had no idea how he knew to say that. Then it hit him; it was Isabel’s voice.

“What?” Maria couldn’t believe that Alex was hearing from them.

“They are coming out of the palace masquerading as Nicholas’ entourage. Nicholas is at point and the others are following. Liz is really weak and…” Alex was relaying all the information. Isabel was the only one that could concentrate on the others for any amount of time.

“How’s Tess?” Kyle was worried. She hadn’t contacted him. It wasn’t like her.

“She’s weak but doing a good job. Isabel says not to try and distract her. Everyone has joined their power to try and make it out alive.”

“Why is Liz weak.”

“Maria! I don’t know. Let’s get everyone together and meet them out at the edge of the trees.”

They were all there, Jordan, the Queen as well as the resistance. This was it. If the Royal Four didn’t make it out of there alive they were all going in after them.

“Does anyone see anyone yet?” Kyle was getting antsy. He was never any good at sitting and waiting.

“Not yet Kyle. Be patient. They will be here soon.” Jordan was impressed with the group of young people that he was standing next to. He would fight for them just as if they were royalty. He had grown to love his ‘sister’ and knew that the others felt the same way as he did. Just as he had told Kyle to be patient the doors to the palace opened and there standing in the dim moon light stood Nicholas followed by at least eight guards.

“There!” Alex pointed to a group of guards coming out of the palace entrance. “Is that them?”

“Yes.”

“Why can’t we tell that it’s them?” Maria was curious as well as worried.

“Tess can’t distinguish who to mind warp and who not to. Her powers are getting weaker. Kyle connect to her and see if she can hide us as well so we can offer her our power.” Jordan had a feeling that the plan was going to come crashing down really soon.

Kyle nodded his head and then closed his eyes. “I can’t get in. She has blocked me.”

“Everyone take your position. Be prepared to fight. It’s not over until we have taken the palace over and have gotten rid of Khivar and his men.” Jordan was taking lead. There was too much at stake.

The group was halfway to the tree line when Khivar came storming out of the palace. “Nicholas! Where do you think you are going?”

“Nicholas!” Still no answer. “Guards! Don’t let them go any farther.”

Nicholas didn’t turn he was in his own little world provided by Tess. Tess had other plans of taking care of the little brat that had caused her and her ‘family’ so much pain. She suddenly turned the mind warp a little. Nicholas was now Max who was carrying a limp Liz, but not really.

The guards began to encircle the group and as Nicholas’ form turned into Max holding a limp Liz. “Ah ha! I see it is you! Zan, Zan, Zan… What’s wrong. The poor human too weak to walk? What have you done to Nicholas?”

“He’s dead! We killed him.”

“Where are the others?”

“They are gone, I couldn’t keep up with them so I asked Tess to make the guards think that I was Nicholas

“You were always a foolish man, Zan. You never really understood what it was to be a leader. Those people are at your mercy; they are to die for you to live. That is why so many died for you the first time. They are just as foolish as their leader. Look, you couldn’t even keep your human safe. How does that make you feel?”

The group was still walking towards the tree line while Nicholas was just standing in the middle of the courtyard. They were almost safe and Khivar would be none the wiser.

“She is stronger than you think Khivar. It would bring me great pleasure to see you die with the knowledge of who this mere human woman really is.”

“Why would that give you pleasure?”

“Because this mere human woman is not who you think she is. She is the strongest woman that you have ever come up against and the only woman that I have ever loved. Whether it was in my past life or this life she was always the one that I have loved.”

“It can’t be. I told her not to do it.” Khivar’s eyes were showing the fear that he held inside. He now knew why Liz had so much power. It wasn’t because Zan had healed her; it was because he had joined with his other half. He had found Kayla!

“I see you have finally figured it out. I would have thought you would have figured it out the first minute you came into contact with her, but she was smarter than you. She was always smarter than you.”

Tess had angered Khivar to no end. He held up his hand, “Guards kill them.” Shots fired everywhere. One of the guards’ shot missed Nicholas all together and had hit Tess in the back. The mind warp ended.

“Max! Come quick. Tess! Hang on baby. Don’t leave me… Please! Max!” Kyle was by Tess’ side before anyone knew what was going on. It didn’t look good. She had pushed herself too far and the hit to her back was making matters worse

The group circled around Tess while Max knelt down beside her. They were doing everything in their power to make sure that Max had enough time to heal Tess. They held each other’s hands and combined their powers. Shots were bouncing off of them left and right. It was complete chaos.

“Max.” It was barely audible.

“Shh, Tess. Don’t say a thing. Look at me. Let me heal you. It’s going to be ok. You hear me? It’s going to be ok.” The connection opened and Max cringed with all the pain that Tess had endured to try and protect them. She had done so much in their time of need. Through all the flashes and emotions that were exchanging between the two, Max had finally healed her. No words were to be exchanged; they both agreed that they were even.

Max pulled away to let Kyle embrace Tess. “You scared me. Don’t ever do that again or I will kill you myself.”

Tess put her hand to the side of his face to show a sign of endearment. She found her home and her family in the one place that she never thought was possible. Earth.

“You guys can do the lovey dovey later. There is something more serious going on. If you are up to it we could use your help now.” Leave it to Maria to get right to the point.

Kyle picked Tess up and the group proceeded to move toward the tree line. Khivar’s people were coming from everywhere. The night sky was lit up by all the energy blasts coming from everywhere.

There was a scream from within the tree line. It was the Queen. She had been hit. “Max, your mother she’s been hit she needs you.” Jordan had reached into Max’s mind to alert him to his mother’s needs.

“Mother! She’s been hit.”

“Go Max. We will stay here to give you the time you need.” Liz was concentrating on Khivar and the men in front of her. She could feel Max’s pain and indecision on what to do. “Go! We will be ok. Just Go!”

Max looked at the group one more time and then turned to leave. Just as he left the safety of the group’s circle, an energy blast had hit them and sent everyone everywhere. “Liz!”

“I’m ok…” Liz tried to contact the rest of the group. “We’re all ok Max. Just go…” Max paused again. He couldn’t tell where everyone was.

“Max! Your mother needs you now!” Jordan was at the queen’s side. She was in terrible condition. “I will make sure that everyone gets to the rendezvous point. You must help her now before it is too late.”

Khivar saw the confusion on their face when the power blast hit their precious circle. He chose to focus on one individual, the only one that had the power to defeat him. Kayla! She wasn’t going to go any further than where she was now. He held his hand up and threw a force shield around her severing all connections with the group.

Max felt the connection severe and went immediately to his knees. “Liz!” Someone came to him and lifted him up. It was Michael.

“Not now, Max. She will be ok. Believe in her.” Michael had his arm around Max’s waist and was helping him to his mother. “Your mother is in more critical condition than Liz. Khivar has her encircled in a shield. She is ok… For now… Let’s hurry and then we can get back to her.” Max realized that what Michael was saying was the truth. If he could leave his sister’s side to make sure that Max made it to his mother’s side then he would do it.

“I’m ok… Let’s go.” Max upped his pace and was at his mother’s side in no time. It took a lot of time and effort to repair all the damage done to his mother but she was better now.”

“Thank you my son. We have to go now there is nothing we can do in the night.” She got up and took Max’s hand and started to head in the opposite direction from where Liz was last seen.

“No, I have to go get Liz. She needs me now.” Max turned to look where Liz was last standing. She was now gone. He ran to where he saw Michael kneeling on the ground. “Michael? Where is she? Are you ok?”

“I couldn’t stop him. He was too strong.” Michael’s head was down and when he looked up at Max, his tears were rolling freely down his face. “She’s gone. I couldn’t stop him. She told me to let her go. She didn’t want me to get hurt.”

“What else did she say Michael. Tell me what else did she say!”

“I don’t know. I was hit from behind and when I looked up they were gone. Both of them were gone.”

It was Max’s turn to pick up his friend. His arm was wrapped around Michael’s waist and they slowly moved to where all of the resistance was waiting. The group was once again united and once again was without Liz. “We are no better than when we first arrive. In fact we are in worse shape. Thanks to Tess here, Khivar now knows who Liz really is. He’s going to kill her the first chance he gets.” Maria was in no mood to keep from stepping on people’s toes especially Tess’.

“No, Maria. It’s not Tess’ fault. Liz knew what she was doing. She told Michael not to come for her. She has a plan, we just have to figure out what she has planned and meet her there. This is not the time to start pointing fingers.”

Maria sank back into Michael’s arms looking for comfort. When Michael pushed her to stand on her own. She finally looked at Tess. “I’m sorry. I was letting my emotions speak for me. I had no reason to blame Liz’s disappearance on you.”

“It’s ok. I was thinking the same thing. It was my fault. I was feeling too cocky with him. I should have known never to underestimate the enemy. It is my fault that he took Liz, but Max is right, she has a plan, I know she does. Let’s go back to camp and figure out what she wants us to do.” Tess went to Maria’s side and the two embraced.

“Thanks Tess. I’m glad you are on our side.”

“Me too, Maria. Me too.”

The group headed back to camp and the first item on the agenda was to get Liz back. “No. You all need to rest. Khivar is a foolish man and with out Nicholas he isn’t strong enough to harm her. We have time. You must rest the rest of the night and in the morning we will discuss what we need to do to help Liz.” The queen had said her piece and to everyone’s argument they did what she said.

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 18

Liz struggled as best as she could against Khivar, but he was just too powerful for her. She had used up too much of her strength trying to protect the others. “What? Are you feeling a little week little one?” His voice sent a chill down her spine. Her she was with the man that wanted to destroy the one true love that she had ever known. Just thinking of that Liz wrestled some more trying to free herself from his grasp.

It was useless. The more she struggled the cloudier her vision got. By the time they reached Khivar’s destination Liz had passed out. “It’s a good thing you aren’t awake to see what I have in store for you.” Khivar whispered in her ear.

Khivar walked into a steel building that had no windows. He walked straight to a vaulted door and did the combination. He then passed his hand over the secret spot and a silver handprint illuminated where he needed to press his hand to.

Khivar hadn’t been here since the day he had met with Nicholas to discuss how they were to get rid of the Royal Four. This was his war room. This is where all his plans to destroy the ruling family of Antar took place.

Behind the vaulted door were stairs that led down. They went down, and down, and down. Being in the dark dampness of what earthlings would call a basement he laid Liz down on a metal table. In her unconscious state Liz began to shiver. Her body was shutting down and by the look on Khivar’s face it was what he wanted.

Hang on just a little bit longer. We don’t want anything happening to you until the others arrive now do we? He thought to himself that he was crazy to be talking to the young woman that lay unconscious but it did something to his ego to know that he was about to win.

Sure he had lost his second in command and his most powerful ally but he knew that he had an ace up his sleeve and he couldn’t wait to make his move. “Rest here,” he told Liz. He had fastened container cuffs around her wrists as well as her ankles. The device was commonly used on Antar to contain the prisoners that were caught for various reasons. Once the last cuff was in place a red force field encircled Liz. The force field made sure that Liz didn’t regain any use of her powers. He didn’t want this one getting away again. He had underestimated her once and he wasn’t going to make the same mistake again.

Liz was back in Roswell swinging on the swings at the elementary school playground. It was a pretty day, nice, not too hot and a gentle breeze was blowing. What she wouldn’t give to be back here for real. She knew that her mind had created this fantasy so that she could relax and heal. She had underestimated Khivar. No she had stretched herself too thin. She should have known better than to try and do everything at once. She started pumping back and forth as she thought of what she could do to get out of Khivar’s clutches.

“Liz! Oh my god! Liz!” It was Max. He had found her.

“Max! What are you doing here?” She had no idea how this could be happening and then it hit her. Max wasn’t the only one there in the park with her. Everyone was there. “This is just a dream, isn’t it? You aren’t really here.” She started crying.

Max knelt down beside her. He reached for her and she sunk from the swing. “I know you aren’t really here, but please don’t leave me.” She begged him between each breath she took in.

“I’m not ever going to leave you. We are here for you. I don’t know how we are able to connect with you.” He began and then Isabel broke in.

“I think she is dream walking us.”

“How can she be dream walking all of us at the same time? Jordan said that she didn’t have any real powers of her own. Liz was huddled in Max’s embrace. She had her head buried in his chest and was taking in his sweet smell. “Liz.” He took her face and made her look up at him. “Do you know where you are?”

She shook her head no. “I passed out before we got where we were going. Even if I didn’t pass out I wouldn’t be able to tell you anything. My mind was so fuzzy and my vision was blurred. I’m sorry Max.” Liz knew that she wasn’t being any help.

“Shhh. It’s going to be ok. We’re resting for the night and I think you should too. We will meet in the morning and discuss where Khivar could have taken you.” Max waved at the others for them to try and leave the dream plane.

Liz looked up at her departing friends and then looked worriedly up at Max. “Please don’t leave me now. Just hold me until I go to sleep. Please.” She couldn’t take being away from him just yet.

“Don’t worry. I don’t want to be without you right now either.” Max closed his eyes and thought of a beautiful bedroom. When it appeared before them he stood up and picked Liz up and took her to the bed that was covered in satin sheets. “This is better. I won’t leave you. I will be here when you wake up.” He promised her.

“I love you Max.”

“I love you too, now get some sleep. Rest and get stronger so you can help us find you.”

Liz sat straight up and the restraints that were on her wrists and ankles bit into her skin. “Max!”

“Pity isn’t it. Your mind playing tricks on you again?” Liz turned her head to look at Khivar. The reality finally hit her as she laid back down. Not wanting to give him the satisfaction of seeing her pain, she rolled away from him. “Rest up. We have a long day ahead of us.” Liz heard his steps leave the room and the sound of a door shutting in the background.

“Max.” She said to herself. “Max.” She was so tired she fell asleep again.

Max woke up to the sound of his name being called. “Liz. I’m here.”

“Max. Max wake up.” Isabel was standing at the door to his room.

“I’m up. Any news on Liz yet?”

“No not yet but we are waiting for you before we start the search.” Isabel turned and left her brother so he could get ready.

Max rolled over onto his side and that’s when he saw her. Liz… Liz was lying on a metal table and she was crying. “Liz? Liz. Can you hear me? Liz.”

Liz didn’t move from where she was. It was as if she was projecting herself to him but didn’t have the strength to complete the transfer. “Don’t worry Liz. I’ll find you.” Max jumped out of bed and grabbed his shirt and shoes.

Isabel was right. Everyone was up and was waiting on him. “Is she ok?” Maria asked Max before he could even get situated.

“I think so… Just before I got here I think she was trying to project herself to me. She’s so weak.”

“Where was she?” Jordan looked serious.

“I don’t know.” Max couldn’t tell him where she was. “She was lying on a metal table and had these cuffs that bound her to it.”

“That’s not good. We’ve got to get to her soon.”

“Why?” Michael spoke up. If his sister’s life was in danger then he was going to get some answers to help her if he could.

“If what Max is describing is what I think it is. Khivar has her on a stationary table with collector cuffs on. It’s just this shy of draining the body’s energy without killing her.” Jordan held his thumb and index finger about an inch apart to show just how close that really was. “He wants her just barely alive so she can lead you to him.” Jordan had a grim look on his face.

“There has to be something we can do. Some other way to find him.” Tess was trying to move on to what they really needed to be doing.

“Right now the only ones that might be able to find her are Max and Michael. They are the only ones that are truly connected to her, but with her energy being held by the collector cuffs it’s going to be very difficult to even sense her. Max was very lucky that he was able to get that much from Liz. She must be thinking about him or wishing that she were with him. I think it be best if Max try and relax and try and connect with her again.” Jordan was looking at the others for their agreement.

“We all connected with her last night.” Alex shared with the group.

“What? How?” Jordan couldn’t believe what he was hearing.

“I think we were all on the dream plane. All I can think of was that we all went to sleep thinking about her and we must have joined our energies to meet in the dream state.” Isabel was the one speaking since dream walking was her best power.

“Interesting. I’ll be back. There’s something that I need to look into.”

“What do we do until you get back?” Max wasn’t about to sit and wait while Jordan went off doing his own thing.

“It won’t take me long. I suggest you get some nourishment and try and relax and focus all your thoughts towards Liz. You might not think that will help but with a group as tightly knit as you guys are; anything is possible. I’ll be right back. Alex… Can I get you to help me with something?”

“Sure.” Alex got up from the table and leaned over Isabel and gave her a brief kiss on the cheek. “I’ll be back. We’ll find her.” It was really weird for everyone to hear him tell her that. Isabel was usually the last one to be worried about what was going on around her.

She grasped his hand not wanting to be without him. “Hurry back and be careful.”

“I will.” Alex had to jog in order get caught up with Jordan who had left in a hurry. Whatever he wanted to look at must be something that could be useful in finding Liz. “I hope so.” He answered himself.

Jordan and Alex went into what looked like a library of some sorts. “It has to be here somewhere.” Jordan was walking the walls that were filled from floor to ceiling.

“What are we looking for?” An extra set of eyes would always make things go faster.

“I hadn’t thought about it until just now. I’m looking for Kayla’s family history. I’m starting to think that her being back on Antar is making her alien side waken. I need to find what runs in her family. I need to find…” Jordan was standing in front of a particular section. Alex was still searching for whatever Jordan was looking for but he didn’t really know what to look for.

“What should it look like?”

“It would be a real dark blue, almost black in color.”

That narrows it down some. Almost half these books are that color. “Why did you need me again?” Alex was wondering why Jordan would need him. This didn’t have anything to do with computers or anything of that sort.

“I’m hoping to find what the energy pattern in the female side of her family would be. Antarians put out this energy beacon, so to say, that let’s their families know where they are. I’m not for sure but if Liz’s will be true to her family or not since she was raised on Earth. I was hoping you could help me devise a tracking system in the lab to track her signature down.”

“I might be able to help you but I’m not that knowledgeable in Antar’s technology. I would be able to come up with a device at home but not here.”

“You might not be able to build it but you could tell us what was needed and we could build it for you.”

“Ok… Let’s find the book.”

Everyone had eaten and had gathered in the waiting room. Max was reclining in a chair and had his eyes closed. He was trying so hard to concentrate on Liz. When he wasn’t getting anywhere he sat up and looked around the room. Everyone’s faces had the same look.

Max got up and started pacing the floor. He walked over to where Michael and Maria were sitting and asked, “Any luck Michael?”

“No, not yet. You?”

“Nothing.”

“What if we all sit closer, maybe join hands, and then try and connect with her?” Maria had a good idea.

“That might work.” Isabel had gotten up from where she was sitting and had walked over to where Max, Michael and Maria were. Tess and Kyle started that way as well.

The group formed a circle and everyone started to relax. They joined hands and concentrated on Liz. The only ones that closed their eyes were Max and Michael. Everyone else had their eyes glued to one of them if not both.

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 19

Khivar was never one to sit back and wait for his enemies to attack. It was always his custom to strike first, strike hard, and preferably from hiding. He may have had all of the important cards since he had Kayla, but he still felt he had to check on the rest of his enemies. After checking on her one last time to ensure that she was totally incapacitated, he left his lair for a quick trip to the palace to spy on Max and his troops. Forewarned was forearmed, and he wanted to make sure that Max had no special tricks up his sleeve.

He carefully made his way back to the rear entrance of the palace, shocked to discover that no guards had been stationed around the grounds. As he made his way trough the halls of the palace, he still found it hard to believe that no one was guarding the room where the Royal family was resting. At least that was what it looked like to him. “Fools. Relaxing while Kayla is slowly dying.” After observing the group and deciding that he could learn nothing more here, he gave a light chuckle and left in search of Bacena.

The top of the table was littered with dark blue books. Alex would find a book, bring it to Jordan to skim through for the information he needed. Alex was frustrated; he wanted to help but had no idea how to read Antarian. “Haven’t you found anything yet?” Alex’s frustration was palpable as he was terrified about what might be happening to Liz. He had no idea why Jordan had him here helping him and not one of the others. He threw another book on the littered table and glanced over to Jordan who appeared to be concentrating on a section of the last book Alex had found.

“Yeah, I think I found what we need.” Jordan looked up from the book that he was reading with a smile on his face. “Come on let’s go get the others.”

“Are we going to be able to help her?” Alex was worried but hopeful that they would be able to find Liz in time.

“We just might be able to.” Jordan took the lead and the second they walked out of the library they ran into a dark figure. Jordan looked up into the eyes of Khivar. “Khivar! What have you done to Kayla?”

“Wouldn’t you like to know?” And before Alex or Jordan could react he whipped his hand up and sent a powerful blast of raw energy towards them. Although powerful, the shot was not well aimed and hit the wall next to them. The resulting explosion flung Alex and Jordan across the passageway and crashing into the wall where they ended up collapsing on the floor, stunned. Thinking that he had indeed killed the two enemies, Khivar retreated into the shadows and began to make his way out of the palace.

The group had been watching both Max and Michael for nearly an hour now and still the two men were unable to contact Liz. Even with the added strength that the rest of them added to the mix. Max broke away from the circle, stood up and began pacing in frustration. He was beginning to have his doubts on Liz’s strength. “She’s too weak. I can’t waste anymore time just sitting here. Whatever Jordan has planned he better hurry up with it or else there will be nothing left of her for us to rescue.”

“Max! Stop talking like that.” Maria was next to him with a comforting arm around him. “Liz has made it this far we can’t give up on her now. We’ll find her.”

“How? How are we going to find her? I have no idea where anything is on this planet. I feel more out of place here than I ever did on Earth.” Max shrugged Maria’s arm off him and began pacing again. He was looking out the window when he noticed a dark figure escaping into the forest. Max turned and began to race out of the room.

“Max, where are you going?” Michael was now off the floor and was running after Max.

“Khivar was here. He’s leaving. I have to follow him.” Max turned the corner and was out of Michael’s sight.

“Max! Wait.” Michael stopped at the front steps of the palace. He watched his friend and leader’s figure disappearing into the darkness of the trees that were everywhere.

“Damn it!” Michael said as he turned back into the palace. “We have to get to Jordan and Alex now. Whatever Jordan has planned, he better be ready. Time has run out.”

Alex and Jordan began to stumble to their feet just as the rest of the gang was coming towards them. “Alex. What happened?” Isabel was next to him lending him support before anyone else had reached the two.

“Khivar. He was here, he caught us coming out of the library and tried to kill us.” He said groggily while rubbing his head as if he had a very bad hangover.

“How’s Jordan, I landed on top of him. Is he okay?” Alex continued while looking around.

“Yeah, I guess he’s okay. He seems to be in the same shape you are.” Isabel replied.

The cobwebs were slowly clearing out of Jordan’s brain as he looked at the people surrounding him. “Where’s Max? I think I found what we need.”

“Max saw Khivar sneaking out of the palace and has gone after him. He knows that Khivar has Liz and is desperate to find her. We couldn’t catch him and stop him. Now what are we going to do?” Tess was the only one who was willing to inform Jordan of the group’s current standings.

“If the information I found is accurate, give us an hour and we will know just where they went.” Jordan was walking away from the group as he was talking.

“An hour? We may not have an hour. We already spent an hour trying to contact Liz and we couldn’t get anything.” Tess was walking after Jordan. “Time is of the essence Jordan and we just can’t sit here and wait for him to kill her.”

Stopping and turning back to Tess, Jordan stated. “He can’t kill her.” Jordan looked from Tess to the faces of the rest of the group. The look on their faces was one of shock. “He can’t kill her.” He repeated for emphasis.

“What do you mean he can’t kill her?” Michael demanded as he pushed his way to the front of the group. The look on his face indicating to Jordan that he better explain and explain fast.

“He can’t kill her because she is bound with Max.” Jordan answered in a calm voice.

“So Liz will continue to live as long as Max is alive?” Isabel had a look of hope on her face and then it faded. “Oh, God, Max ran after Khivar not ten minutes ago. We’ve got to get to him before Khivar does something to Max.”

Jordan turned at the news. “We don’t have much time to get to them. Alex. Let’s go work some of your technical magic.” The group followed the two men as they led them into a room that looked like a huge laboratory. The walls where lined with shelves loaded with electronic devices of every shape and size.

Jordan and Alex purposefully moved around the room grabbing parts from all different corners of the room. As the pile of parts grew on the main laboratory table, Alex began to fit the items together. The group stood around Alex and Jordan and watched in awe as the jumble of parts began to resemble an actual, useable device. After about forty minutes Alex sat back and said to Jordan, “That’s the best I can do. I hope to hell it works.”

“What the heck is it?” Asked Maria.

The two men looked at one another with satisfaction and Jordan replied, “For want of a better name lets call it a Liz tracker. It will be able to zero in on Kayla’s distinct, family power trait.”

“Are you sure this will work?” Maria asked, still not convinced.

“If the signature information in her family history is correct, it should lead us right to her.” Jordan answered again.

“What if her power signature is too weak? How will we be able to track her then?” Isabel had a valid point and Alex didn’t want to see her suffer.

“Well, let’s fire this puppy up and see if anything happens.” And holding his breath, Alex reached over and flipped a switch on the device’s side.

Alex and Jordan both leaned forward and looked at an indicator dial on the top of the device. As Alex slowly turned the device, the dial seemed to stay steady until he had turned the device in the direction of the old city. When it slowly began to climb the scale.

“Got her!” Jordan sighed. “It’s working.” Alex then let out the breath he had been holding throughout the test.

“Ok, if the two of you are done basking in your glory lets put this thing to some use.” Maria was impatient and was in dire need of finding her friend.

“Let’s go then.” Jordan walked to cabinet in one corner of the room and began handing out the weapons and vests that were stored there. He gave a brief description on what was required to operate the equipment and they followed Michael to where he had last seen Max go into the woods.

They all turned to look at Alex who had the device in his hands. He turned it right and left and indicated a direction. “That way.”

Michael started forward but was quickly stopped by a warm hand on his arm. Turning he looked into to emerald orbs that were staring up at him. Maria grabbed Michael tightly, and kissed him. As she broke away, she whispered, “Don’t be a hero. I need you alive.”

“Don’t worry Maria. There is so much more to my life now that we know the truth about who we are. I have a family now and I don’t want to loose it so quickly.” He kissed her briefly and then turned to head toward the others. He held tight to Maria’s hand for it gave him the courage to be strong.

The field that surrounded Liz was getting weaker and weaker. Her life force was slowly draining. Khivar entered the basement and was smiling with satisfaction at the progress. “Soon. Very soon Kayla. Not even your fair prince will be able to save you now.” Liz’s head lulled at the sound of his voice and the look in her eye told Khivar that she was not going to give up that easy.

Khivar stormed up the steps and went into an office. “Maybe I should wait for him to show up so I could kill him first and let her watch. That would take that smug look off her face.” He was talking to himself and didn’t even notice Max lurking in the shadows just beyond the basement door.

Max crept down the stairs looking for guards that he was sure Khivar had watching her. Finding no one, Max began to scan the room. The room was dark with the exception of the faint red glow coming from the far side of the room. The minute he was close enough to see what was giving off the red glow he fell to the ground. There in front of him was Liz.

“Liz.” Tears were rolling down his face. She was so still he wondered if had made it in time. He was cursing at himself for wasting all that time trying to connect to her. “Liz.” He whispered. He was afraid to touch her fearing that the force field that encircled her would do more damage.

She turned her head and opened her eyes. She couldn’t believe that he was here. Her Max. A single tear escaped the corner of her eye and rolled down her cheek. That was what she was waiting for, one last look at the love of her life, her soul mate. She didn’t have the strength to do much else to look at Max.

Max realized what was going through her mind. “Don’t give up yet Liz. We will get you out of here. I promise. Hang on just a bit longer baby.”

Max held her gaze for a little bit longer until Liz finally closed her eyes out of sheer exhaustion. The red glow dimmed just a bit more. “I’ve got to get out of this room so I can contact the others. Don’t worry I won’t be long.” He bent over to kiss her and realized that he wouldn’t be able to. She didn’t open her eyes but he just knew that she heard him. He hurriedly left the room.

As they had crept through the forest after Max, Isabel and Michael had been alternating in their attempts to make contact with him but neither one of them were having any luck. “What if we are too late?”

“Quit thinking like that. We are going to find them and they are going to be ok.”

“Michael, something’s not right. I just know it. I feel it.” Isabel whispered.

“We’re not too late, Isabel. I’m still getting a signal from Liz.” Alex reassured her.

Jordan worked his way to the front of the group and looked over Alex’s shoulder so he could read the display. “We’re almost there. The signal is getting stronger. We have to be very careful from now on. Khivar’s people will be all over this area.”

With those words, Jordan took the lead of the group to find Max and Liz.

Max was finally out of the basement. He wasn’t for sure where Khivar had gone to and he didn’t want to get too far from Liz. He scanned the room to see if there would be any place for him to stay while he tried to contact the group.

Seeing a large Antarian plant sitting in a corner he decided to crouch behind there. He didn’t need much since he didn’t plan on staying away from Liz for very long. Max closed his eyes and began to concentrate. Nothing. The entire building must be isolated. He thought to himself.

Max headed for the door he had come through earlier and hesitated before going out. He had just found Liz and he didn’t want to take the chance of being unable to protect her. You’re going to have to step outside sooner or later if you want to get the other’s here to help you. He didn’t know where that had come from and then it hit him. Liz was communicating with him.

Liz? Is that you?

Go Max. I’ll wait for you. I will always wait for you.

I don’t want to leave you this way.

You’re not leaving me… I know you will be back. Now go! Liz was too tired to continue arguing with him. Just the few thoughts that she had projected to him made the red force field dim even more.

She was giving Max all the encouragement to go without her and now the fear began to rise in her. What if I was wrong and I die before he gets back to me. I have to hang on. I have to hang on for him. She steeled herself and concentrated on getting stronger but she was too weak… She closed her eyes and realized that the field that surrounded her had gotten so weak that she was able to actually move her left hand. Liz’s mind jumped for joy and the field grew stronger. It was now strong enough that Liz fell unconscious her last fleeting thought was of Max.

Bordersinsanity
Obsessed Roswellian

Part 20

Max had just stepped outside when he felt the connection between Liz and himself severe. The sudden loss made Max want to turn back around to go back inside but reminded himself that the building was insulated and that was the reason for the lost connection. Max looked around to see if anyone had spotted him coming out of the building, but like the time he had entered the building the area seemed strangely deserted.

He ran to a small copse of trees that would offer shelter from prying eyes long enough to make contact with the others. When he reached the center of the trees Max again looked around for signs of the enemy before closing his eyes and reaching out with his mind. He made contact almost instantly.

“Max! Thank God you’re ok… Where are you?” Isabel was the first to pick up on his ‘call’.

“Not now Isabel.” He hated to be so gruff with her but now wasn’t the time to be thinking about him. He brought her up on the situation with Liz. “Liz is so weak. I don’t think she is going to make it too much longer. Please tell me that Jordan and Alex were able to find some way of getting to Liz.”

“Oh Max!” Isabel’s heart went out to her brother. She knew that he had loved Liz for his entire life and to see her so weak and being unable to help her must be killing him. “Don’t worry. We’re on our way.” There was a pause in communication between the two siblings.

’She must be talking to the others.’ He thought to himself.

“Max, Jordan says that we are about a half hour away…”

“Isabel I don’t think Liz can make it that long. Ask Jordan what it would do if I tried to take the collector cuffs off of her.”

“Max.” She didn’t want her brother doing anything before they were able to help. No matter what he thought Max needed their help.

“Do it Isabel. I need to know what would happen if I touch her while she is wearing the cuffs. I’m so lost. I feel so helpless.”

Feeling Max’s fear and despair through their connection Isabel stumbled and fell to her knees. Seeing Isabel fall, Michael dropped to the ground beside her wrapped his arm around her for support. “What’s going on? What’s wrong?” he asked her.

“It’s Max. He’s in so much agony because he can’t help her.” Isabel looked up while she was still kneeling on the ground, looking around before finding the person she needed, “Jordan, he wants to know what will happen if he touches Liz while she is wearing the collector cuffs.” While the conversation was going on, the rest of the group had formed a protective circle with their backs to Isabel and Michael. It was instinctive to them now. To protect one another had become second nature.

Jordan walked into the circle to make contact with Isabel. He didn’t understand why Max hadn’t contacted him in the first place but now wasn’t the time to worry about that. Once he touched Isabel’s arm he was instantly connected with Max.

“Max.” Jordan was hesitant to address the young man.

“Jordan? Where are you? I need to help Liz. Tell me what to do… She doesn’t have much time.” Jordan could feel Max’s anxiety he had to calm him down.

“Max. Calm down.” Jordan could see why Isabel fell to the ground. Max’s emotions were running like a wild beast. He was so worried about Liz. ’That must be why he couldn’t contact anyone else but Isabel. He wasn’t thinking logically’ “First thing. Are you ok?”

“Jordan I don’t care about me, all I care about is Liz and her life is slowly slipping away. If I don’t get those collector cuffs off of her, she’s going to die. I can’t let her die Jordan. I won’t let her die.”

“Listen to me Max. Whatever you do don’t touch the cuffs while she is wearing them. Don’t touch the cuffs!

Max felt the meaning behind Jordan’s words. “Ok. I won’t touch the cuffs. Why?”

Jordan didn’t think that he had time to go into great detail. He paused to see how he could explain. “Max. Listen to me.”

“I’m listening.” Max didn’t like that he had to wait even longer to hear the story behind the cuffs. He just wanted to be able to get back to Liz.

“It’s really important that you stay safe. I don’t want you going back to Liz.”

“I’m not leaving her Jordan. You can’t expect me to just leave her down there. I won’t do it! I won’t!”

“Max! The state that Liz is in right now will not get any worse. It won’t get worse unless you are there to interfere with the cuffs. The cuffs draw the life force to where the person wearing them is no longer able to move. Now you and Liz are connected which means that you now carry some of the same force as she does. You carry half of her life force.” Jordan said calmly, trying to sooth Max’s raging emotions.

“What are you getting at Jordan. I don’t have time for this.” Max replied, still upset.

“What I’m getting at Max is this. If you come in contact with those collector cuffs you will allow them to drain the other half of Liz’s life force. You will be killing her.” Still trying to remain calm for Max’s sake.

“That can’t be. I can heal her. I can make her stronger.” Max replied in desperation.

“Not this time Max. The minute you make contact with her the cuffs will start to drain life force from you and the first thing it’s going to drain is the half of her that you are carrying inside of you. You cannot allow yourself to be close to her. You cannot allow the force field to get stronger because then it will start to drain the part of you that she is carrying inside of her and the two of you will die. Do you hear me Max? Do you understand what I’m saying?” Jordan continued to try to explain to Max.

“I can’t Jordan. I can’t not be there for her.” Max had tilted his head down and was thinking about how circumstances were asking him to give her up one more time in his life. He had lived five years without her, how was he going to be able to do it now. He had promised her that he would be back. Max stood up and looked around. There still weren’t any of Khivar’s men walking the perimeter. “I promise Jordan I won’t touch her or the cuffs but I have to go in there and be with her.” Max literally wept through the connection.

“Max NO! If anything happens to you, she will die. You need to be safe. Don’t jeopardize her life just so you have a clear conscience.” Jordan screamed through the connection. He was losing the fight to control his emotions as he realized he wasn’t able to convince Max how dangerous it was to be near Liz.

“I can’t even sit with her? I know Liz. She’s not going to make it. What if you’re wrong Jordan? I can’t take that risk. I won’t. Can’t I just let her know that I’m near?” Max begged the older man.

It was like talking to a brick wall. Jordan wasn’t going to get Max to change his mind about being there for Liz. “Max please. I’m begging you. Have faith in Liz she’s a survivor. Don’t go back in there.”

“Jordan.” Max was pleading for the other man to understand what he was dealing with.

The group had been watching Jordan and his connection with Isabel. The emotions that were flying across the older man’s face had dampened the mood of the group.

“Something is wrong.” Maria was looking over her shoulder with a worried look on her face. “Why can’t we hear Max. Why isn’t he able to communicate to us all? Damn it! I have to know what’s going on. We’re wasting time just sitting here. Michael get Isabel and Jordan up and lets start moving. They can communicate while we move. Alex lead the way. Everyone else be on the lookout.” Maria was barking out orders left and right.

Michael stared at his fair-haired pixie and couldn’t believe what was coming out of her mouth. Sure Maria was good at giving orders to him, she reveled in it, but he had never seen this side of her. It was almost scary.

Seeing no one responding to her orders Maria yelled. “NOW! Move it!” That set everyone in motion. Michael helped Isabel up making sure that the connection between her and Jordan didn’t break. He whispered to the two of them, telling them that they were on the move again. He wasn’t for sure if they had heard him or not but they were now following along with the group.

“This way.” Alex pointed about fifteen degrees to the right and the group moved in that direction. Alex continued leading the group while Isabel and Jordan were still in deep connection with Max.

“Max! We’re on our way. Hang in there.” Isabel had broken the connection between Max and Jordan long enough to send her message and before relinquishing it back to Jordan she sent all the love, comfort and support that she could muster at a time like this. “Be strong for her Max. Be strong. We’ll be there before you know it. Just be safe.”

Max’s tension relaxed just a bit once he received Isabel’s ‘care package’. It’s exactly what he needed right now. “Thanks Isabel. I’ve got to go inside so I can communicate with Liz. I promised that I wouldn’t leave her. I can’t stay out here in the open any longer. The building is insulated and I won’t be able to make contact with you anymore.” He warned his sister because he knew that she would react just like him when the connection between him and Liz was severed when he stepped out of the building.

“I love you Max.”

“Me too Isabel. Be careful.”

Jordan jumped back on line with Max and asked, “Max what does the perimeter look like? How many guards are there? What will we be up against?”

“Jordan. I haven’t seen anyone but Khivar since I’ve been here.”

“Strange.” Jordan let it go. Something wasn’t right and he didn’t like it. He broke away from Isabel and was surprised that they were moving. “How long have we been moving?”

“About fifteen minutes. Maria decided that she was going to be Rambo and started ordering us to start moving towards Liz.” Kyle was smiling from ear to ear. Granted Maria was always a little on the eccentric side but when it came to friends and family and their safety you didn’t want to mess with her.

“Good thinking. We can’t afford to take too much longer to reach Liz.”

“What did Max say? What’s going on with Liz?” Maria’s Rambo look dissipated and the worried, over protective best friend was back in charge.

“She’ll be stable for now.” Jordan replied, clearly distracted.

“And.” Maria knew he was holding something back.

“Max wants to save her but he’s the last person that will be able to touch those cuffs. If he touches those cuffs Liz will die instantly and Max will be right behind her.” Jordan tried to explain to Maria.

“What’s the enemy camp look like?” Alex shot at Jordan.

“That’s a good question Alex. I asked Max and he said that the coast is clear. He didn’t see anybody in the area.”

“Good, then we can march in there, grab Max and Liz and get the hell out of Dodge.” Michael stated.

“I don’t think it will be that easy Michael.”

“Why not?” Michael asked back.

“Khivar has always been a paranoid man and he has always been intimidating enough to make ones cower at his feet. There are men out there. It’s just that we don’t see them and Max hasn’t seen them. Let’s hope that he hasn’t alerted them to his presence because then we won’t get there in time.” Jordan thought to himself one more time that something wasn’t right. Khivar was up to something. Something bad. What had he done by bringing these kids into battle? Why didn’t he just bring the resistance? It would have been a lot easier to see them die than to see these kids that he had come to love as family die. Jordan shook his head in disbelief he was so stupid. Stupid, Stupid, Stupid.

Just then Kara connected with Jordan. “Where are you?”

“Kara now is not the time. Stay where you are.” Jordan had left her behind on purpose. She was a danger to the plan. Jordan had mixed feelings. She was his wife. She held the other half of his life force. They were one just like Max and Liz yet they were so different. Kara sacrificed someone else instead of sacrificing us yet Max and Liz would sacrifice their selves before allowing anyone else to be hurt. Where had Jordan gone wrong?

“Jordan. Something’s not right. All of the resistance is missing. The only ones that are left are the select few that were with the queen. I’m worried Jordan what if it was all a set up and what we thought was resistance is actually on Khivar’s side?”

“Kara I need you to get the queen and whoever is left and hide them.”

“Jordan you need me. I need you. We can’t do this alone. We need to be together. I’m coming to you now. Where are you?”

“Kara no. Don’t you understand what will happen if we are both in the same place at once. At least this way there is a chance.”

“Jordan NO!… I won’t stay put.”

“Damn it Kara, Just stay where you are and make sure that the queen is safe. I don’t have time to explain. I’ve got to go. You are distracting me. Zan and Kayla need me now. I need to pay attention to what is going on. I will contact you when we are safe.”

“Jordan… Jordan!” He didn’t answer her. She continued anyway. “I love you.”

“I love you too sweetheart. Be strong.” The connection ended.

Max was now safely hidden in the building. He had gone back to the office he had noticed earlier and found a place to hide. He searched for Liz’s presence and found her. She was still holding on but just barely. Concentrating on that last morsel of essence he tried to tell her what was going on.

“The other’s are on their way sweetness.

Where are you Max? I can’t see you?

He knew she would ask that question. He hated to be the one to tell her that she would be down there alone until the other’s got here.

Liz I can’t come close to you. You are a part of me the same way I am a part of you. The only thing that is keeping you alive right now is the part that I am carrying inside of me. Jordan made sure to tell me that under no circumstances was I to touch you or the cuffs. Max felt the wave of sadness that Liz was feeling. She needed him with her. She wanted him next to her.

I understand Max. There has to be a way out of this thing. Max I need to tell you something. I think I know how to get out of here. Out of the cuffs.

How Liz?

When you left and I had exhausted everything trying to see you; I was able to move my arm. I’ve been thinking, what if the field is only as strong as the life force of the person it is holding?

Liz I don’t like where this will be leading… We aren’t going to risk it. We’ll wait. You hear me? The others are going to come and we will save you. Don’t do anything drastic right now.

Max. We can do it. I’ll exert myself to the limit and that will make the field grow stronger and drain everything that I have left and then it will turn itself off because there won’t be anything left to power it. You can take the cuffs off and then heal me. You can do that Max. I trust you.

Liz, please don’t ask me to stand by and let you kill yourself. I won’t be able to do it. What if I’m not able to heal you? What if I don’t have what it takes? There are so many what ifs that I don’t want to try. Max’s heart was breaking into a thousand little pieces. That was how she got into this mess in the first place, because of him. He couldn’t stand to see her die. More like it, he couldn’t stand to live another day knowing that he wouldn’t be able to see her smiling face.

Max had tried not to let his emotions flow into the connection but his pain and sorrow and the deep regret of pulling Liz into the alien situation so long ago was making Liz mad. Don’t think like that. We were meant to be together. We are a part of each other. It makes sense Max. I know it will work. I won’t die because you have the other half of me inside of you. I won't die because I have the other half of you in me. She paused and sent all her love to him. I love you and you know I’m right. Come get me Max. Come rescue me.

Max thinking that she would be safe as long as he didn’t go down the basement steps just stayed in his hiding place. She wouldn’t do anything drastic like the plan that she had come up with unless she knew he was there by her side, ready to bring her back. She wouldn’t do it unless she knew he would be there to get the cuffs off of her. Then all of the sudden Max felt it. She was giving up. Liz was sending everything that she had out to the force field that was encircling her. Max. A sense of relief flooded the connection and then it started.

Max was up from his hiding spot and had swung the office door wide open. The minute the door was opened he was engulfed in the red glow that was illuminating the room below. The field was glowing like he had never seen it before. He stumbled down the stairs. Something was wrong. Liz was giving the field everything that she had. She was even forcing it to take the part of him that she had inside, willingly… Something was wrong. She wouldn’t have done that if he weren’t there. She would have waited.

“NO! No Liz don’t.” He couldn’t see straight tears were running down his face and he was swiping at them madly. “Don’t do this Liz please. I can’t do this, not without you. Liz!”

The red glow faded into nothing and Max’s world just died with it.

The dark menacing figured that was hidden in one of the dark corners slowly walked up the stairs with a sadistic smile on his face. ‘Let the games begin.’ He thought to himself.