Where Do We Go From Here? CC - YTEEN/ADULT - [COMPLETE]

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

Where Do We Go From Here?

Written by: Angelrose242000 and Roswell4Ever1

Disclaimer: We Own NOTHING!

Part Twenty-One—Unexpected Happenings

Monday, August 12, 2000—First Day of School

Liz awoke at 7 AM to the sound of her alarm clock beeping rapidly. Her initial reaction was disgust, as she wanted to sleep another hour! She hadn’t gotten to bed until very late last night due to nerves at starting her senior year. She’d tried to go to bed at ten, but when midnight rolled around and her eyes were still wide awake she gave it up and didn’t find herself dozing until well after two. Now as she fought to regain consciousness and face a new day, Liz wondered at why she was so worried after all. I mean it was just another day at school. She’d gone for eleven years. Why should this year be any different from the others?

As she kicked off her blankets and made her feet touch the carpeted rug, Liz answered herself. It was because she’d never been a senior before. So many things could happen in one year that could be good but could also be catastrophic that Liz felt the waves of fear washing over her again. She was a part alien and so were the others in her group. Every day they risked their lives, risked being caught. Liz might not get too worked up about being in class but she’d be a liar if she didn’t admit even to the most private part of herself that it didn’t make her nervous facing possible threats. Threats to the safety that she, Max, Isabel, Michael, Valenti, Billy, Alex, Tess, Kyle, and Maria had worked so hard to maintain for the past year.

Shrugging, Liz told herself she could ruin her morning worrying or get to school and face the day with some optimism that it would go well. She chose the latter. Dressing in jean shorts and a red T-shirt, Liz walked to the bathroom. Brushing her newly cut hair that went to her bra-strap, Liz took a look at the layers that spelled a shag style that Mom still commented on fondly after weeks of having it done. Liz smiled over it. It was so much easier to take care of and she did like it. Max seemed to like it too for more personal reasons. Brushing her teeth and putting on her wrap-around beaded necklace that screamed sixties retro, Liz put in matching earrings and headed back out of the bathroom.

Walking downstairs, Liz reached the Café with a need to grab a Pepsi. Mom and Dad were opening up. Dad smiled at her and said, “Morning Liz. Excited about your first day as a senior?”

Liz ignored the shiver of fear that this produced and said, “I am happy about being a senior, Dad. Morning, Mom.”

Nancy hugged Liz and said, “Ready to get started again?”

Liz let out a deep breath and said, “I’m not sure.”

Just then, the door jingled and in walked Max and Michael. Max looked at Liz’s parents and said, “Morning.” Though the awkwardness of last summer’s discovery in the tree house was still felt by Max as he made his conversation with them brief and walked to Liz.

Richard, who still knew nothing of it, said with a smile, “Hey, Max…Michael. You boys anxious to start again?” Michael gave Mr. Parker a you-know-better grimace as he still stayed in the basement apartment of the Crashdown. The Parkers knew Michael well enough now to know he was suffering from major school-itis. Richard just laughed and went about his morning, taking down chairs, setting up the register.

Nancy said kindly, “You kids have a good day. Liz, remember I need your help here at the Crashdown after school?”

Liz said, “I know mom. I’ll be here.”

Then, Liz smiled up at Max and said, “Hi, Max.” Max took Liz’s book bag and carried it with his own and together the three left the Café. Nancy watched as Max’s arm was around Liz’s shoulder. She couldn’t’ help but grin over the romance that apparently still existed. College would change it, she figured, but for now it was cute to watch….

Liz met everyone but Alex and Tess at the jeep. She asked Maria, “Where’s the others?”

Maria said, “Don’t know. I think running behind. It’s the first day and we all know well that Alex is not a morning person.”

Michael said, “Neither am I.”

Liz sat beside Max in the front seat and said, “Normally I like mornings…but this morning was torture to me. I wanted sleep and couldn’t get it. I was grateful for the moments alone I had to get awake.”

Max, who had let his hair grow to his shoulders, smiled and said, “Do you think Alex and Tess forgot to meet us here today?”

Liz shrugged and looking at the others said, “I don’t know…I mean I can’t imagine them forgetting. Maybe they overslept.”

Kyle said, “I think we should go over and rile them up a bit.”

Michael grinned at Kyle, liking his idea and said, “Yeah, if we have to get up, so do they! They don’t get to sleep in on my account. Come on, Maxwell.”

Minutes later the jeep was parked outside the Whitman’s. Michael was hollering from the sidewalk, up at the windows, “Hey Whitman! Your ass better be ready for school or I’m coming in there. You don’t get to lounge around now, buddy.”

Michael started to laugh. Liz wanted to crawl, Isabel joining her. Max said, “Okay, Michael, I think you got the point across.” He questioned his sanity driving over here in the first place. It had to be the fact that it was Monday and he had had approximately five hours of sleep that caused him to forget all things that made sense, and one of them being Michael when he tried to harass someone first thing in the morning. Suddenly, Max felt sorry for Liz for it was her house that Michael lived at now days! What did he put them through this morning? Turning to Liz, Max noted that although she was pink in the face with embarrassment and a tad tired, she appeared okay. Then he remembered her spunk and knowing Liz as he did, Max knew that if Michael had gotten in Liz’s space first thing in the morning, he wouldn’t be so chipper right then!

This was sad though. Max thought he’d say one thing and they’d go on to the high school. He should have known better. Michael proceeded to holler at Alex and Tess for the better part of five minutes now.

When Alex showed his face at the window, disheveled brown hair, and sleep in his eyes and Tess beside him, her hair in a similar state, having come in to see who was yelling, the group burst into laughter.

Alex said with a scowl that turned into a laugh, “Paybacks, Michael are hell. Just you wait till lunch. I’ll put a rodent in your food. I know where they are.” Tess asked, “You do?”

Grinning at Tess, Alex said, “Science lab room.”

Giggling, Tess said, “Oh.” Then looking at Michael, Tess added, “You’re a pig, Michael.”
Michael said, “Get down here.”

Alex said sarcastically, “Yes, daddy.” They shut the window and Tess went back to her room long enough for both to get dressed.

Minutes later, Tess met Alex in the hall her blue jeans and Navy blue T-shirt that showed a smidgen of belly, having let her hair grow longer and didn’t re-perm it so it was blonde and straight and down to just below her shoulders. (The perm had it drawn up to her shoulders)

She looked up at Alex who was in his blue jeans and green Hilfager shirt. Taking it all in, Tess smiled and said, “You look nice.”

Alex gave Tess a once-over with his gorgeous blue eyes and said, “So do you.”

In a cheery mood as mornings were usually her favorite time of day, Tess did a turn around and said, “Look, I finally got back into these jeans.” The trial had caused Tess to gain about ten pounds. Alex loved Tess as she was and saw her as beautiful then as he did this morning at 7:30. He never noticed the extra weight. It was her heart he fell in love with, but he did have to admit that she looked gorgeous in her jeans and tank top.

Alex leaned up against the wall and said with a satisfied smile, “You look great, Tess.” Tess caught Alex’s eyes as they wandered to her butt and grinned largely saying, “Alex!” She looked back and forth in the hall to be sure they were alone. They were. To emphasize this, he moved in, Tess met him halfway, and tilting her head up Alex kissed her in the hallway.

They were broke apart only by hearing Alex’s dad clearing his throat as he walked out of the bathroom, catching Alex and Tess in each other’s arms.

Alex said, “Hey dad.” Tess blushed and said, “Morning, Mr. W.”

Duane said with a smile, “You do know that Max is waiting downstairs on you both.”

Alex said, “Oh! That’s right. Come on, Tess.”

Tess and Alex hurriedly went down the hallway toward the stairs. Duane said, “Have a good day.”

They hollered back, “You too!”

And the gang was off toward the high school….

The school looked the same, the lockers…the logo and cafeteria…the smell of fresh paint. But somehow walking in today was different from any other.
Liz looked up at Max and said as the group headed to assembly in the gym, “This feels strange, Max. It’s like walking into someplace that you haven’t seen in ages, maybe never really before. Is that possible?”

Max walked with his arm around Liz’s shoulders and pondered this. After a second of looking around himself, taking it in, Max looked down into Liz’s brown eyes and said, “I don’t think it’s meant to seem the same, Liz. We’re seniors now. It’s our last year of coming here, sort of like finality, I think.”

Liz sighed and said, “Yeah. I think so.”

Michael rolled his eyes at the sentiment of Liz and said, “I don’t know about that memory lane stuff, but one thing I am looking forward to today is lunchtime.”

Max said, “You’re always looking forward to lunchtime, Michael. I remember you saying once that it was your favorite time of day, aside from recess in the playground."

Michael grinned at Max, finding he was somewhat sentimental too, as he said, “I was in the fifth grade, Maxwell and I still smell those fiastadas!”

Alex laughed, while loosely holding Tess’s hand, “Even then you were a bottomless pit when it came to food, huh?”

Tess said humorously, “You have to admit, Michael no one else can wolf down this crappy food here that they serve besides you.”

Michael showed a feigned offensive expression before smiling from ear to ear and saying cocky, “That’s right and don’t you forget it.”

Kyle said as they approached the entranceway of the gym, “Here we go again.”

Maria moved in closer to Kyle with her arm around his waist saying, “You love school and you know it, Kyle. You’ve been counting down the days for Football Season all summer.”

Grinning at her, Kyle said, “Can’t help it. It’s engrained.”

Alex said, “I might join up this year.”

All eyes went to him then. Michael said, “You’re serious?”

Nodding, Alex said, “Why not?”

Tess grinned confidently up at Alex, picturing him easily kicking a ball and being the best player they had! If they didn’t let him play she’d let them know her fury!

Kyle patted him on the shoulder in a true brotherly way saying, “Yeah, why the hell not?”

At 8:00 AM sharp, the entire school was assembled in the Gymnasium. It was packed full of kids and in the center of the room were the gang. The guys sat in the back—Max, Michael, Alex, and Kyle. In front were their girls, Liz, Isabel, Tess and Maria. Max was relaxed with his hands on Liz’s shoulders. Michael was seated with Isabel arched toward his right leg. They were sharing a joke about how boring this was.
Alex was seated with his legs spread apart and Tess seated in the middle, her head leaning up now and then gathering his laughter with something she’d say. Kyle took off his jacket, too hot to need it, wondering again why he’d brought it. Except that it did show his letters he’d earned the past four years. He was proud of that. Maria took it and held it while trying to focus on what the assistant principal Deanna Richards had to say.

You have the privilege of attending a fine school. Roswell High is more than just a building, it is where learning is achieved. From your first days here as a freshman to the day when you walk out of here you will go to college fully ready to embark on that next part of your life. I went to Roswell High.

Michael said, “And look at the woman she is today from it, gang.”

They all chuckled over it, having to conceal it so they wouldn’t be noticed.

Maria frowned at him saying, “You’ll die a smart ass, Michael Geurin, you know that?”

Michael gave Maria a grin saying, “Hey, at least I’ll die happy.”

The assistant principal went on and finally stopped after forty minutes of primping up the school and its attributes, along with her devotion to it. Michael said, “Timed at forty minutes and sixty seconds. I didn’t think anyone could go on that long.”

A student named Jerry Long beside them said, “Yeah, me either.”

The cheerleading coach went up and said, “Now we will list out the cheerleaders for the 2000-2001 school year. Stand and come forward as I call you please. Tammy Drake, Bethany Williams, Nancy Phelleps, Liz Parker, Maria DeLuca…” There were others mentioned, but none of the group heard them. They especially Max looked at Liz and Maria in surprise. Liz stood and walked nervously to the others. Maria walked proudly like she had wanted this achievement all her life.

After eight girls were picked the school had their new cheerleading squad. Vivian Lace the coach said proudly, “I think we all should welcome these ladies with a round of applause.”

The entire gym of students clapped. Liz fought harder than anything to keep from blushing. She was going to have to get used to this, she told herself, but it was Maria who talked her into this honor, had gone with her to tryouts two weeks ago. After hours of practice and showcasing what they knew, Liz and Maria were surprised to chosen. Liz never told anyone, except Maria, that she secretly wished to be a cheerleader in school…. She spotted Max who grinned at her and her confidence surfaced. She found herself doing jumps with the others, including Maria beside her, and cheering the school on! Go Seminole’s Go!

By lunchtime the gang was engrossed in discussing first day classes. Michael was in his own secret heaven munching on Fiastadas and French Fries. Tess asked, “So when do you get your uniforms?” She was asking Liz and Maria.

Liz said, “We’re supposed to be fitted for them this week sometime. Then they order them and we should have them by the time Football starts, next month."

Maria said, “I can’t wait!”

Kyle looked at her saying, “I think it’s cool that you made it, Maria.” Smiling over at him, Maria said, “Thanks. I’m happy about it. So when do you boys start practice?”

That morning following assembly, Kyle and Alex had gone and signed up for football.

Kyle said, “We start practice end of this month. Alex, you don’t know how tired you’re gonna be but it is out of this world playing.”

Alex said, “I thought it would be fun to try. If it doesn’t work out, I’m not out much.”

Tess smiled up at him and said, “I think it will be fine.”

Max asked Isabel, “Why didn’t you join up with cheerleading?”

Isabel looked at Max and said with her eyes enlarged, “Are you kidding? I like spicy foods and eating all I want. I don’t like being on a diet year round.”

Neither did Liz or Maria, but they didn’t comment. Liz wasn’t about to make Isabel feel bad for choosing against trying out this year. She’d been a cheerleader for three years. Maybe she was just tired.

After they got done eating, Tess looked at Alex and said, “I think I’m going to go outside a bit. It’s too nice out to ignore it.”

Alex agreed and so did the others. They all got up and walked out the side door to the picnic area, where many ate during the day if it was warm enough.

The rest of the school day went by quickly. After the last bell rang, everyone met outside the school building. They drove away and everyone went to the Crashdown except Max and Liz. Max went to go pick up his first paycheck from the movie theater. He had only been working there for three weeks but loved it.

Holding hands, the rest of the couples sat at the picnic tables outside the Crashdown and took in the bright blue sky, the intense warm air that was typical of this time of year. Birds sang and kids chatted away. It was familiar and serene in its own way.

They all decided to fork off to spend time separate from the others for a little while.

Alex looked at Tess and said, “So now that we are alone…what do you really think of me being in football? I mean I’m not exactly Kyle Valenti.”

Tess looked up at Alex and said, “You are every bit as good as Kyle.” Grinning, she turned and looked off saying, “I think I’m going to have to keep tabs on you, make sure no pretty cheerleaders come along and try and steal you away.”

Alex grinned at first saying, “Right. Tess you are the only one who looks at me and sees Brad Pitt.”

Shaking her head Tess said, “No, not Brad Pitt, Alex, Josh Hartnett.”

Alex said, “Oh. My mistake.” Grinning, Alex said, “It’s flattering, but I don’t think I earn that title of superstar.”

Tess said intently, “To me you do.”

Alex remembered Tess’s earlier words and walking to her said seriously, “As for some girl being after me. She would get nowhere. Because my heart is completely and totally lost to you. There is no going back and I wouldn’t want to if I was given the chance.”

Tess’s eyes filled with tears as she reached out and touched his shirt, “Oh Alex.” She wiped the tears away, feeling his warm hand as it helped too. The connection of his hand to her face was nice. Tess leaned up on her tiptoes. She said, “Kiss me Captain Whitman.” Alex laughed saying, “Now I’m a captain.”

Tess said, “To me you are.” She accepted his kisses by the Crashdown….

Liz and Max were walking across the street to where Alex and Tess and the others were waiting outside the Crashdown. All were talking and holding each other when the wind picked up. When it struck them, it was strong. Liz looked up and saw the sky that was once bright blue turning dark. She said, “Must be a storm coming.” It was said effortlessly. It was felt effortlessly. Michael said, “Typical Roswell August weather. Come on before we get soaked.” Max clasped Michael’s shoulder and said with a grin, “Oh bitch, bitch, bitch. All you ever do is bitch.” Michael said, “If only my words of wisdom would actually be heard…”

Max guffawed, “I see.”

It was right about this time when the sky began making cracking thunder sounds and the rain began to come down.

Michael turned and said, “What did I tell you?

Max turned to Liz and Isabel and the others and said, “That’s eerie.”

Isabel laughed over this and said, “Well, I don’t want wet either. Come on lets get inside!”

Anyone who was outside ran inside for cover. They got inside just in time before a steady rain became a monsoon.

Michael merely gloated like he had proven his prowess again.
The gang and others stood next to the glass doors as life as they knew it began to rapidly change. Branches broke and got tossed to the ground along with other debris. Bikes were bent and tossed randomly. Then the sky that was once brilliant blue became dark, fast, with a tint of green and out of the blue there was a deep howling wind.

Michael pointed up to the sky and in an excited tone said “Oh look! Greenage!” Michael’s humor made everyone laugh for a brief second. But it was short lived as a bicycle flew just inches from their faces.

Alex said, “Damn! That ain’t no friendly storm. We better turn on the radios and see what’s going on.”

He and Tess and the others headed to Liz’s dad’s office and walking inside, caught the sounds of the radios being on. Liz’s parents and the waitresses huddled around them like Alex’s granddad had before the TV when radio was it.

Max asked, “What’s going on here? One minute the sky is blue the next it is black.”

Gloria, the middle aged red-haired, round-faced waitress said unevenly, “We’re in a tornado warning, kids.”

Richard said, “Gloria!” Turning to the kids, he added, “It’s nothing to be alarmed over. I’m sure it will pass.”

Just then the lights went out. Michael said, “Oh yeah. Just pass on by. Shit! Why couldn’t this be a normal day?”

Kyle asked, “What the hell is normal anyway?”

Maria said, “Let’s not go there again.”

Before much more could be said all heard the radios go dead and the sounds of life still to nothing. All that could be heard was the dreaded humming sounds of breathing from the people in the room.

Then the windows began to bust open. It was at this point that Max said, “Let’s get the hell out of here.”

Isabel said, “Max, we…”

Max glared at her and said, “Enough of the crap. We’re not in the gym, this isn’t an after school special. We can stop this anytime now. We’re in danger staying here. Anyone who does risks his or her own life.”

So Max grabbed Liz’s hand and she said, “Lets get to the basement. Anyone who wants to follow me and Max come on!”

Max and Liz began to run through the cafe past scared customers and tried their best to tell them to run too. Some did.

Michael and Isabel tried to get more. So did Maria and Kyle. By the time the crew were out of the main room of the cafe, everyone was with them.

Fearful for their own lives, they clung to whatever they could, eventually rushing down to the basement when it headed their way. Suddenly there was a loud roaring sound like a train without the whistle to signal its approach. It was then that the group and the townspeople in the basement began to hear crashing destructive sounds above head. Wood smashing, glass shattering from the café and beyond. It sounded to them all like the world was coming to an end.

Downstairs they screamed and cried. Michael hollered and said several profanities. Alex said, “My dad! He’s at work I’ve got to get to him.”

Richard said, “You can’t, Alex. It’s too dangerous.”

Alex said, “I don’t care.” At the shocked expression on Richard’s face, Alex amended, “I’m sorry. But that is my dad I’m talking about…I can’t just ignore his safety. I need to find out where he is.”

Tess rushed to him saying, “We will, Alex. After this is over. I’ll go with you then.”

Liz said, “So will I.” Maria added, “Me too.” It became unanimous by the group as well those Alex hardly knew that he would have help and even Richard and Nancy said they’d help. Alex felt better knowing that and had to admit it was insane to go out there now.

It didn’t help the worry go away, though. Moments like this were the worst for they not only tested all you had but they proved once again that unusual happenings can and did occur and there was so very little that could be done about it. The helplessness each felt in that basement of the Crashdown was so hollow, so depressing that it left them all in a state of misery.

Deanna Richards sat among them as frightened as the others. She and the teachers had met at the Crashdown after school for coffee. Frantic, Richard said, “Max, Alex, Michael, come on, follow me.” They didn’t question, they got up and followed the request. Going to the closet in the basement apartment, they grabbed blankets and pillows. Bringing armfuls back with them, Richard asked that they all move to a far back corner. They didn’t know what they were up against, but felt it safe to put their heads down on the pillows. As they did this, destruction continued outside in the form of steel crashings like cars colliding with each other. Then it stopped.

How long they had sat in the basement was unknown. The time of day was no longer material but even if it was there was no way of knowing for sure. Not with all the power gone and the day so filled with shadows from a dark storm that controlled the sky that day. The top floor had caved in and was basically just hovering over the basement. There was a definite danger of it collapsing on them at any minute and they had to get out immediately.

“We have to get the hell out of here now!” Max said. “We don’t have much time if we want to live through it!”

“What if it falls on us when we try Max?” Isabel asked.

“We are at more danger of it falling on us if we stay than if we try to get out.” Michael told her.

They all decided that getting out was the best plan. Having to pull themselves out by the few shards of walls that were remaining, Richard and Nancy climbed out first, then they helped pull out Max and Liz who helped pull out Alex and Tess and then Michael and Isabel weren’t far behind leaving Kyle and Maria to come out last with the help of Max and Michael. The Crashdown was so mangled that that it was almost unidentifiable.

What they saw was an entire town in rabbles, in shards. Pieces of signs were here and there. Glass was scattered all over. Tree limbs were wounded and open for all to see. They stepped over broken limbs, hearing the cracking, snapping sounds as shoe met switch.

Smoke was in the air. It was part of the reminder, Liz thought. Smells were pungent and also added details, as if there weren’t enough, she thought sadly.

As soon as Alex and Kyle spotted the town, they went in a run for the Sheriff’s office and the Law firm. Tess, Maria and several others went with them. The sheriff’s office was flattened like a pancake. Rubble and ashes were its only remains. Kyle freaked saying, “Dad!” Where was he at? He frantically walked in circles trying to decide what to do next.

Maria said, “He might be at the house, Kyle. We could check there.”

Somehow, though, Kyle doubted it. His dad was diligent with his job. Unless he was out on an arrest, he stayed at work till 5 PM. This fact scared him most of all….

Alex met his dad outside the firm that was amazingly still standing. Hugging, Alex said nothing. When he finally did say something, Alex found himself saying, “I am glad to see you.” Duane said, “Me too, Alex. I’d hoped you and Max here got to safety. Thank goodness you did.”

Tess asked, “Where is Amy?”

All looked at Duane who said, “They are at the Hideaway Safety Building where all elementary kids go in storms. Last I heard she was safe and sound.”

Tess let out a breath of relief and walking to Alex hugged him saying, “Thank God.”

It was all Alex could do to keep from shaking….

Kyle met the others at the firm and said, “I can’t find my dad. Where on earth would he go to?”

Duane said, “I’m sorry, Kyle. I have some bad news about your dad…”

Kyle toned out the rest. He said, “Where is he?”

Duane said, “He’s at the city hall. They made it into a make-shift hospital after the real hospital was destroyed. He was taken in with several others who were out in the mess when it came down on us. Unfortunately, from what I have heard, there were no survivors from the hospital when it went down.”

Kyle heard enough. He said, “Anyone got wheels?” When they shook heads, not knowing where or what kind of condition they were in, Kyle said, “Fine.” He walked twelve blocks to the make-shift hospital with the rest of his friends and adopted family at his side….

It was later determined that what hit the town of Roswell was an F4 tornado. And it wasn’t a friendly one at that! Almost everything was either damaged or destroyed. The Crashdown was in total shambles as was the Sheriffs Department. Among the destroyed were the local gas station, the Super 8 Motel, the supermarket and the schools. All of the schools! All that remained were a few lockers here and there and a basketball that lay in the tree across the street. Everything else was gone.
Roswell4ever1
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Roswell4ever1 »

Where Do We Go From Here?

By, Roswell4Ever1 and Angelrose242000

Disclaimer: We Own NOTHING!

Part Twenty-twoThe End of the Road

Summary:

Following the tornado, the townspeople in Roswell spent a great part of the rest of the 2000 calendar year rebuilding. A lot of things weren’t rebuilt but were left with battle scars of boarded windows, rocks and particles on the flat ground. Memories were all that remained in those cases. However, the town did rebuild Roswell High, the elementary and middle schools. The hospital was rebuilt as well to a larger size with fuller capacity. This proved to be invaluable. With expansion came better ways to save lives and bring new ones into the world.

The sheriff’s department was rebuilt and two new deputies were hired. It took a full year before the residents or visitors could actually see a semblance of what Roswell once had been.

The high school senior class of 2000 attended school in Hondo as did the other classmen and women. The school was new and frightening for many. For the senior class it was nothing more than a building to sit in for eight hours for a handful of months. By the time they started in Hondo it was the day following Labor Day. It took weeks to get all the students names and identities delivered to Hondo. With everything in shambles it took that long just to complete this project.

Hondo High proved a good thing for a lot of students. For Tess it was a chance to start over without the rap of taking Scott to court and her relationship with Alex being splashed across headlines. Hondo was far enough away and big enough that no one really blinked an eye seeing her. So in this sense it was a relief. Liz and Maria remained cheerleaders. Cheerleading brought Liz out of her shell more and she found herself enjoying pep rallies and going to games. Alex and Kyle joined the Hondo football team and played state.

Alex was no longer seen as the one who once belonged in a gang but he wasn’t viewed as a cocky arrogant jock either. He did quickly become popular but instead of these things, Alex earned his friendships and success at Hondo High by his way of getting along with most everyone and not seeing himself as above anyone.

Alex and Tess continued dating as did Max and Liz, Michael and Isabel and the rest. The prom was a big bash titled Always and Forever. They went in a limo and stayed over a nice hotel following. Alex and Tess’s relationship was the most unique of all for they lived with his dad and little sister in bedrooms across from each other and though they were platonic in front of Duane and Amy (Alex’s dad and sister) they continued strong with their love growing to the point of Alex proposing on Valentine’s Day.

Isabel’s relationship with Michael heated up to the point that her mother became concerned and attempted to break it off. When this was unsuccessful she accepted it and the night of the prom Michael proposed to Isabel. She said yes.

Kyle and Maria broke up for a few weeks due to Maria’s concern of things becoming too heated too fast, but then after realizing that they belonged together they wound up back together again.

Max and Liz dated through senior year and decided to marry right after and go to college together.

Ultimately, the Roswell group wound up facing dangers untold from Alien Hunters who wanted them for science experiments. But they banded together and continued during that year and those that followed to fight against them all.

Graduation was followed by weddings—Max and Liz, Alex and Tess, Kyle and Maria and Michael and Isabel. All eight attended community college the following fall, living in Married Housing.

High school days were gone, but not forgotten and what lay ahead was left to be determined….
The End

**We ended Where Do We Go From Here not because we wanted to see it end but because we had multiple stories going a piece and simply could not devote our attention to this one as we wished to. We simply couldn’t keep up with them all! Thank you all for your thoughtful and encouraging replies over this fic! They are all greatly appreciated and mean so very much to two sisters who weren’t sure at times where we would go from there. Angelrose242000 and Roswell4Ever1