Halloween Escaped All CC - Complete

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Halloween Escaped All CC - Complete

Post by Ella1022 »

This story is based on something that happened to me and some of my friends.

Title: Halloween Escaped
Category: All CC
Rating: TEEN for language
Disclaimer: I don’t own the Roswell characters or the legend, but the things that happened to my friends and I.

“ I love Halloween!” the blonde waitress squealed as she walked with a bounce over to her group of friends. It was Halloween and she wanted to do something fun; like go to a costume party, but Spaceboy didn’t do costumes

“How much sugar have you had today?” Alex Whitman questioned the hyper girl. He was sitting next to his girlfriend Isabel Evans. They were sitting at their usually booth. Across from them were Kyle Valenti and his girlfriend Tess Harding. Maria was on her break and he scooted over where she could sit next to Alex.

“Not that much!” Maria replied grinning at him as he moved over. Halloween was her favorite holiday next to Christmas. Her mom never let her have candy as a child that much, but when Halloween came she could have all the candy she could muster.

“So what do you guys want to do tonight?” Maria asked excitedly.

“Watch you go into sugar shock,” Kyle suggested in a teasing tone. He now remembered why Maria didn’t eat that much sugar.

Maria stuck her tongue out at him. The group laughed at their antics. Their parents had been seriously dating lately which brought them closer.

“Wait! I know. Why don’t we go to Baby’s Bridge?” Kyle figured it would be interesting to see if all the rumors about that place were just that - rumors.

“Baby’s Bridge?” Tess turned to her boyfriend and looked at him curiously

“It’s this place near Frazier Woods, there’s this old bridge that goes over Frazier Creek and it’s supposed to be haunted.” Kyle explained to his favorite alien.

“Kyle, that’s an old wives tale.” Alex rolled his eyes at his friend. He shook his head at all this ghost nonsense.

“So, what you’re saying is that aliens can exist and ghosts can’t?” Maria inquired in a whispered voice.

“No, I’m saying that I’ll believe it when I see it.” Heck, even when Maria and Liz told him about the aliens he thought they were being brainwashed by a cult.

“I don’t see what it could hurt to go to this Baby’s Bridge.” Isabel announced. She was listening to the whole conversation silently. To her it sounded ridiculous to believe in ghosts, but then Maria had a point, too. If aliens existed, then who’s to say ghosts don’t. Plus it would be fun to do something as a group that didn’t involve being chased by the F.B.I.

“So who’s going to inform Michael, Max, and Liz of our plans?” Maria wasn’t so sure they’d go for it. Max and Liz were too scientific and Michael… well, he was Michael.

“I’ll tell Michael and Liz, and I guess Liz can tell Michael. Well, my break is over. Why don’t we meet at my place at eight? Michael and me get off at seven and that will give us enough time to get cleaned up and changed.” Maria said her good byes, then walked back towards the kitchen to clock back in.

Before Maria clocked in she ran upstairs to Liz’s room. “Liz!”

Startled by Maria’s voice Liz nearly dropped the glass of water she had in her hand. She was sitting at her desk doing her homework so she’d have the weekend free. “ Maria, you scared me half to death.”

Maria entered Liz’s bedroom and looked at her apologetically. “Sorry, babe. Listen tonight we are all going to get together and have a little non-alien adventure. If you can, could you please tell Girlfriend to meet us at my house at 8:00.”

“What are we doing tonight?” Liz questioned her best girlfriend with a smile.

“We are going ghost hunting. It was Kyle’s idea.” She said with a giggle and started singing the theme song to Ghostbusters as she ran back down stairs to work.

“Ghost hunting?” Liz shook her head. It was so childish, but then again it could be fun. Her Grandma always told her anything was possible. It would be neat to be able to prove the existence of something as debatable as the existence of aliens, which already exist. She closed her Chemistry book and headed down stairs. She needed a little break from studying and going over to see Max would be just the right kind of distraction.

Downstairs Maria went ahead and clocked in and walked over to her boyfriend. “ Oh Spaceboy, you better not have any plans tonight because we are going on a group outing.”

“What group outing?” He looked over to his pixie girl questioningly and then went back to making a Will Smith Burger. He didn’t want to do anything tonight except watch a game. It was the beginning of Hockey season, his favorite time of the year.

“Well, while I was on my break I talked to Kyle, Tess, Isabel, and Alex about what they were all doing tonight. Kyle suggested we go to this place called Baby’s Bridge. It’s supposed to be haunted. I know my mom told me about these kids who went there when she was in high school and they called out “I have your baby.” And a baby appeared in this one guys arms and this woman appeared who looked all ghostly and like she been in an accident and asked for her child.” She blurted out all of this without even pausing, which still to this day amazed him.

“Maria, I do not want to go looking for something as ridiculous as ghosts. It’s a stupid thing to do.” Michael just couldn’t comprehend why she would want to do this. She got freaked out at horror movies so he couldn’t understand why she’d be so hyped about going to a supposedly haunted place.

“What makes it stupid? Oh I suppose you don’t believe in ghosts. Well if that isn’t the pot calling the kettle black.” She remarked mockingly with her arms crossed.

“What is that supposed to mean?” Michael abruptly turned and looked at her like she was insane.

“It means a lot of people believe that things not of this earth are nonexistent when they happen to be existent Spaceboy.” She made an emphasis on Spaceboy.

“Whatever,” Michael sighed exasperated with the conversation.

“I got to get out there and serve the masses, so anyway we’re meeting at eight o’clock my place. You better be there!” She exclaimed as she rushed out to the dining room area.

Later that night Michael did arrive and on time for once which surprised Maria. She was putting on her light blue comfy sweatshirt when the doorbell ranged. She went to open it and was in shock to see her boyfriend bathed, dressed, and standing in front of her, “Michael? Wow you actually came and early for once.”

Michael, not one for words, pulled her close to him, bent his head down gently placed his lips on hers and started to kiss her passionately. He lifted her up as he was walked over the threshold. He used one arm to close the door before he carried her to the couch. They lay down on the couch and continued to kiss passionately until they both needed air.

Maria moistened her lips with a smack, “Wow, so that’s why you came early.” She giggled.

“Can’t we just stay here tonight? I bet I can make you scream more than those ghosts,” Michael teased lightly, his tone giving away the innuendo.

Maria rolled her eyes at the comment. “Michael there is nothing wrong with spending time with our friends and just acting like crazy teenagers for one day.”

Michael laid his head on her shoulder and sighed. “I know, but you’ve eaten sugar today, an excessive amount of it, and you’ve been hyper all day. I was just thinking of more interesting ways to use that excessive energy.”

Maria laughed at his playfulness but he was getting heavy. She placed her hands on his shoulders and pushed him up. “Maybe later, but now I got to fix my hair so get your heavy ass up.”

Michael moved up off of Maria. Maria sat up and leaned over and kissed him on the cheek. She then got up and ran to her room so she could fix her long blonde hair before the others got there.

Michael sighed and picked up the remote off the coffee table. Then he leaned back into the couch and started flipping the channels. He finally found the Simpson’s Halloween Night of Horror on the WB and started to watch it. It was the one where Ned Flanders was a werewolf.

When the episode was over he heard a knock on the door. Maria was in her room doing who knows what so he decided he’d answer it. He walked over to the door opened it to see Max, Liz, Kyle, Tess, Alex and Isabel. “Hey guys. Maria is still getting ready.”

“Hey, Michael have you been busy?” Isabel asked with a giggle. Evidently him and Maria were making out because he was wearing some of her lipstick on his lips. Michael just looked back at her like she was crazy. All the others were holding in their laughter.

“No, I’m not Spaceboy. Hey guys.” Maria exclaimed and looked at the group with amusement. Her long blond hair was held up in a ponytail by those fashionable chopsticks hairpieces. She had put on some make up too, although you could barely tell because it looked so natural.

“Hey, Maria. Don’t you think that shade of lipstick looks great on Michael?” Kyle asked unable to contain the laughter.

“What?” Maria asked confused and looked over to Michael to see him wipe it off roughly with a scowl on his face.

“Very funny, Valenti,” Michael sneered at the Buddha freak.

“So are we going or not?” Max asked annoyed that he was going to have to waste an evening on a wild ghost chase. He didn’t believe in God.

“Yeah, Let’s go. Who’s riding with who?” Maria asked as she grabbed her jacket from the closet and her keys off of the wall.
Ella1022
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Ella1022 »

Alex and Isabel ended up riding with Max and Liz. There was still some slight tension between Kyle and Max, so Liz, Isabel and Tess thought that it would be better for everyone concern if they were separated.

Maria let Michael drive the Jetta and Kyle sat up front with him. He was giving him directions to the bridge and would be able to see better up front. Maria and Tess just sat in the back seat and talked, which if you told them a year ago they’d be friends then they’d just laugh. Everyone got along pretty good - at least the girls did.

Max followed them as everyone in the jeep discussed the upcoming Whits performance. The drive took about 30 minutes because Michael turned down a wrong road, which Kyle thought was a shortcut.

The small bridge was in a heavy darken wooded area. The road that leads to the bridge was just a country dirt road. It was too dark outside to see anything so Maria asked Michael to leave the lights on.

They all piled out of the jeep. Liz had a flashlight with her that Max left in the Jeep. “I didn’t know this place was here.”

“Yeah, it’s creepy. I mean those trees look like they could smother you to death.” Maria told her friend. She was latched onto Michael’s arm.

Michael could felt her shivering. “Are you cold?”

“Yes, it’s freezing here. It wasn’t this cold in town.” Maria wondered if it was because it was haunted. She read where haunted places are typically colder than normal or something like that.

“Maria, that’s probably because we are near water.” Liz placed a comforting hand on her friends shoulder. Maria could scare herself sometimes more than anything else.

“So, what is the story about this place again?” Tess was cuddling next to Kyle and looked up at him questioningly.

“ Back in the 30’s there was this young women who was traveling on this very road with her infant child. Evidently an animal or something ran out in front of the car. The driver swerved and the car tumbled down the embankment. The woman and child were thrown out and she broke her neck while the infant drowned. The man was unconscious and latter found by some passer Byers. Legend has it that the woman walks the bridge at night looking for her child. It’s said that if you call out ‘We Have Your Baby,’ then she would appear.” Kyle explained laying his chin on Tess’ shoulder.

Everyone looked at each other, but no one was willing to say it. Finally, after about three minutes of silence Michael yelled out, ‘We have your fucking baby!’”

All the girls jumped and Maria yelped. None of them were prepared for the outburst. All of them were anticipating what was to come. At first there was nothing, but then all of the sudden a swift cold breeze picked up and from the back of the deep dark wooden area came an inhuman growl. That sent shivers down their spines. They all turned to the direction of the growl as it echoed through the dark night. All of them stood steal expecting to see a ghostly woman. Then, as if to top it off, the bridge underneath them started to vibrate. The girls screamed as well as Kyle and Alex. Max and Michael seemed un-phased.

“Michael, get us out of here!” Maria screamed she was terrified of what was happening.

“I agree I want to go home.” Isabel commented. Her voice was full of fear. She had grabbed onto Alex as they ran for the nearby Jeep.

Max was taking his time getting in and heard someone yell “oww!” And looked up ahead and could hear Michael asking Maria if she was all right. Evidently there was a collision in the back seat. Max looked around and noticed Liz was missing. “Michael is Liz up there?”
“Yeah!” Michael yelled as he bent down to get in to the car.

“Go, Michael, go! Get us out of here!” Maria demanded. She was huddled between Liz and Tess. All three girls were holding each other’s hands.

Michael sighed and started driving forward. He would have to make a u-turn. All the girls had their eyes closed and were whining as they went back over the bridge.

Michael looked back to see Isabel laying her head down in Alex’s lap as the jeep went over. “Whitman must be loving this,” He commented to Kyle who just grinned back at him.

They drove back to town in a hurry. Liz asked Michael to go back to her place. She then called Isabel to tell Max to meet them there.

“I can’t believe that happened!” Isabel yelled getting out of the Jeep. She shivered at the thought of there being real ghosts.

“Isabel Michael or Max probably used their powers to make the bridge vibrate.” Alex explained to his freaked out girlfriend.

They all glanced over to Michael and Max accusingly. “No, I didn’t use my powers, but with all of us on the bridge that’s probably what caused it to vibrate.” Max offered his own explanation as he wrapped his arms around his terrified girlfriend.

“What about you Michael? Did you do it?” Liz asked accusingly. Looking over at her best friend’s boyfriend

“No, I didn’t use my powers.” Michael remarked snidely. He was leaning on the Jetta’s finder.

“Well, I know one thing - it wasn’t vibrating because we were on it. We were all still,” Maria commented. She was sitting on the trunk of the Jetta. She wrapped her arms around Michael’s neck pulling him closer to her. She was so scared of what just happened first aliens and now ghosts.

“And what about that growl? Did everyone hear it? It didn’t sound like any animal around here,” Kyle remarked. He was pacing back and forth trying to figure out what that was out there.

“We all heard it, but I still think it’s just an animal,” Max assured them. He just didn’t want to believe that it was a ghost.

Isabel groaned. “Brother dear, can’t you just for once be less scientific?”

“Look, why don’t we just agree that we all felt the bridge vibrate? We all heard that noise in the woods and leave it at that,” Tess cut in. She was unsure of what it was out there, but she didn’t feel like getting into an argument about it.

“Fine, why don’t you guys come in and have an alien blast. At least this is a night that will be memorable and had nothing to do with aliens. Supposedly,” Liz stated as she walked towards the Crashdown door. The others followed her.

“I did not use my powers.” Michael murmured as he wrapped an arm around Maria.

She leaned into him and whispered, “ I believe you Spaceboy.”

The End