Parting Gift (CC,YTEEN) 1/1 - 4/21/12

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

twoBlueroses
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Parting Gift (CC,YTEEN) 1/1 - 4/21/12

Post by twoBlueroses »

•Title: Parting Gift
•Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.
•Pairings/Couples/Category: CC, but mainly focuses on Liz and Tess (not relationship wise)
•Rating: Pretty much YTEEN, nothing graphic at all.
•Summary: Liz asks something of Tess. Alternate ending for Liz during Departure.
•Author's Note: After everything that happened to Liz I really didn't like her going to Sean for comfort, she has seen and been through too much to just kiss him randomly when she wanted Max so much.... so this is a story about a drastic decision she makes when she thinks she has lost everything. the part in italic are visual memories. This is a One parter, let me now what you think =)

Parting Gifts

Tess looked at the phone and wondered who could be calling her, Kyle and Jim had just left to get more milk from the store and the others were saying their goodbyes. So who could it be? Lazily she sat up in her bed, not bothering to fake her pregnancy symptoms as there was no one around to see her. Faking her pregnancy was proving easier than expected, especially with everyone so consumed with their emotions especially Max. It bothered her still that she had to mind warp the man she loved, but she had no choice.
“Hello?” she answered.
“Tess?” A voice asked, shakily.
“Liz” Tess said in surprise “Kyle’s not here”.
“I didn’t want to speak with Kyle... I wanted to speak with you” Tess was surprised yet again “Actually could you meet me?” Tess felt her blood run cold. Had perfect nosy little Liz Parker discovered her secret? Surely not, she would have told the others, right? “Tess?”.
“Ummm sure” Tess mumbled “where?”.
“The Bus station” before Tess could ask why or when the phone went dead.
Tess looked at the phone after she had hung up, a million things racing through her head. Had Liz somehow connected the dots between herself and Alex’s death? Decoding the destiny book? The baby? Or was this another pathetic attempt at bonding? Shaking her head she looked at herself in the mirror before grabbing a jacket and heading out the door. The trip to the bus station was surprisingly quick, because before she knew it Tess was walking towards a very upset Liz Parker.
“Hi” Tess said announcing her presence.
“Hi” Liz croaked as she looked up at Tess Harding, looking for any sign of pregnancy before blushing a little and looking away “thank you for coming”.
“It’s okay” Tess said, silence filling the space “What is this about Liz... if this is about Max..”.
“He told me your pregnant and that your leaving... tomorrow” Liz interrupted, Tess fell silent “I... I just can’t believe this is happening” Tess watched Liz crumble realising Liz was clutching a bus ticket “I can’t take this anymore Tess”.
“Do you want me to call someone...” Tess asked, feeling uncomfortable “Maria or your parents...”.
“No, I need your help Tess” Liz slipped her hand in Tess’s “I need you to help me forget”.
“What?” Tess asked, a little stunned “what do you mean?”.
“I can’t live without him” Liz said honestly, the tears falling freely from her eyes “I can’t help the way I feel Tess, I love Max and I will always love Max.... I never slept with Kyle... I did it to help you guys get together and... I guess it worked” Tess felt her guts twist a little. Perfect Liz Parker had staged sleeping with Kyle to get Max and her together. The idea made her feel uncomfortable, not just the idea that she couldn’t have achieved her goal without Liz but Kyle’s part in it all. Kyle was willing to help her? Of course he was why he wouldn’t be, everybody loves Liz Parker and everybody hates her.
“I can’t live without him knowing what we could have had.... “Liz trailed off, her desperate eyes boring into Tess’s “Please Tess... I want to forget everything. I want to start again... I know you can help me”.
“Liz...” Tess said looking into her brown eyes “If I do this I can’t guarantee you will get your memories back... once there gone that’s it” Liz hesitated, Tess wondered to herself if the human would really go through with it.
“do it”.
They sat in silence for a few moments, Liz staring off into distant space and Tess watching her cautiously. Nodding, Tess took Liz by the hand and guided her towards an empty bus, all the way to back “are you sure?”.
“Yes” Liz sighed “do it”.
“silly Human” Tess whispered, Liz looked up was about to reply when Tess entered her mind burning and cutting all of Liz’s memories one by one. Max kissing Liz goodbye in his jeep. Confronting Leanne at Las Cruces and discovering she was not an alien. Maria singing at Alex’s funeral. Their group photo at Prom night and Tess sharing a kiss with Max. Sean Deluca writing ‘grow’ in his burger. Playing pinball at Las Vegas. An older version of Max dancing with Liz to Sheryl Crow. Walking on a beach in Florida. Standing at the pod chamber and watching the Destiny message. Jumping off a bridge with Max and the FBI not too far behind. Tess kissing Max in the rain. Liz sitting in a jail cell with Alex. Liz getting shot. Liz sitting with Max in biology before she knew his secret. Kyle taking Liz out on their first date. Maria getting her license and the key to the Jetta. Father daughter camping. First day of high school. Meeting Max and Isabelle in the third grade. Tess opened her eyes, rubbing her throbbing head before looking at Liz who had fallen asleep.
“Goodbye Liz Parker” Tess said, sweeping the hair of Liz’s head like she had seen Max do a million times before and in this moment Tess observed her deeply “I’m sorry Liz... I often imagine what life might have been like if I had of hatched when the others did.... if things would be different... if we could have even be friends. I try not to get too caught up in this... feeling human... I know if you knew the things I did, you wouldn’t want to be my friend... hell I wouldn’t even want to be my friend... even though it doesn’t mean anything... I’m sorry. I’m sorry for hurting you and for taking Max from you. I’m sorry for killing Alex.... I wish there was another way but there just isn’t.... you won’t even know who I am when you wake up” Tess stood up, but turned back before she walked away “I think I might envy you.... you won’t remember anything... a clean slate... have a nice life Liz Parker”.