Destiny's Mirror (CC, K/T / Teen) 1/1 12/03/11

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Destiny's Mirror (CC, K/T / Teen) 1/1 12/03/11

Post by PML »

Title- Destiny’s Mirror

Author- PML

Disclaimer- Roswell is not mine. It is owned by Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, and Fox. This is for entertainment only and no infringement is intended.

Category- CC -K/T sort of

Rating- Teen

Summary- A short what if set during the first season Episode Four Square. Bits taken from the Episode. What if what Tess finds in the library isn’t what she expects? Depending on my whim, there may be tags. Or not. Not sure.

Tess

Tess continued to filter out the inane come-ons spewing from Kyle’s mouth. It was a pity; he was actually kind of cute. If he would only stop trying so hard, he might actually be fun to be with.

It was the same as always. These jocks had only one thing on their tiny one track minds, always wanting underneath her blouse, or better yet between her thighs.

Not that she would ever let it get that far. First of all, her mate had been chosen for her long before she had been born. Or more appropriately, reborn.

It had been nice to actually see her mate. To know that he truly was handsome and intelligent. Maybe a bit more intense than she would have liked, but she could work with that. The girlfriend was a problem.

More of one than she should be. How could Max truly fight against both her powers AND his destiny. Tess could feel as the sheer forces of Destiny itself slowly rupturing Michael and Isabel’s bonds with their human companions.

Funny, she would have thought that Destiny would have dragged them together much earlier. But from her time spent with Isabel, they seemed more sibling that lovers. She frowned slightly. That could be a problem.

But still not as much as Liz.

She shoved away thoughts of that pesky girl as Tess and Kyle walked into the library. She could feel Kyle’s confusion as he tried to rectify why they were at the library for their date. In truth, he was little more than a mental thrall of her tonight. She almost felt guilty about it. Almost.

Just he had been so persistent. And he had ties with Liz and Max somehow. Enough that Liz worried that Tess was involved with him. That had proved useful. If…

Yes, there they both were. Max and Liz, trying to be stealthy. Trying not to let her notice them.

Amateurs.

She’d been dodging the FBI for most of her life. Always needing to be watchful, always needing to be cautious.

A wave of tiredness washed through her. Followed by a tide of envy for both Liz and Max. And even Kyle. Why did they get a life of peace and stability? Why did she have to live with such fear?

Destiny.

She walked to the stack near the back of the Library where Ed had said the book was hidden. She turned to Kyle, “Hey, it’s kind of high. Do you mind giving me a lift to reach it?”

Kyle just smiled and helped her up, “So this is for your history class?”

“Yeah, almost have it…” Tess reached into the wall at the right spot and retrieved the metallic book. The Royal Signet of the Whirlwind greeted her greedy eyes. She motioned Kyle to let her down.

She stared at the Book.

Kyle looked at it. “Huh. What language is it in.”

Tess brushed a tiny bit of dust of it, “It’s a lost language.”

“Well, what say you and I speak the most ancient human language of all.” He tried to move closer.

Tess quietly said, “Oh, its older than that.” She knew she should wait to show it to Ed before opening it. But it was simply too much. To finally confirmation of all that she had been raised on. To quell those small doubts that had been growing in her ever since realizing that the others didn’t recognize her at all.

That Max wasn’t a prince simply waiting for his consort to appear.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath.

Kyle said softly, “Are you okay Tess? We haven’t really done much tonight, but then I don’t really know if you really wanted to come out tonight. You’ve kind of shut me down all night.”

“Kyle, you are so tragically normal. And you are trying much too hard. Just chill for a moment, let me look at this and then we can go out and have fun, okay?” She softly gripped the edge of the page. It should list their past.

Not that she would be able to read it. But it would list their past, and there should be some symbols she would recognize. No it would be midway were the faces of the Destined would be imprinted into the metal. Where she would know her fate.

Not that she doubted it.

Not at all.

But just to be sure….

She opened the book.

And stared at the pages.

Empty.

They were all empty, gleaming golden . She could see her reflection shining back at her as her heart fell.

Lies. All lies.

Kyle peered over her shoulder and looked at the Book. For just a moment his face and hers were side by side in the Book.

Tess felt a shiver. Destiny didn’t exist. It was all lies. Her Destined mate was supposed to be here, be imprinted in the Book….

She stared at the Book and noticed Kyle’s face there beside hers.

Kyle rubbed his arms, “This Book of yours gives me the creeps. Chills crawling up and down my spine.”

Tess looked at him. What if…. Her Destined mate to be pictured side by side with her in the Book….

Maybe.

But then what she had believed was simply lies. She would talk to Ed about it. Find out what had happened. It was possible that some enemy had exchanged it, or that someone had defaced it.

But Tess didn’t believe that. Not really.

Something had happened. Something had changed.

And so had Destiny.

So she smiled up at Kyle. Her Destined mate? Maybe. He had been pictured in the Book next to her.

But if Destiny could change once, it could change again. But she would never know if she didn’t try.

So she kissed him on the cheek, “Let’s go have some fun.”

And they did.