In Your Eyes- Book One CC M/L ADULT [COMPLETE]

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 21

They returned to the Crashdown and filled Amy and Jim in on what had transpired. Liz suggested that instead of flying back to New Jersey, the three of them drive so that they could unwind from their experience by seeing a few sights. Her real reason, however, was to have the three of them spend a few days together alone so that father and son could begin to heal.

She called the University and Max’s high school to advise them that they would be absent for the next week. As she began to dial Maria’s number to explain when they would be returning home, she asked Max Sr. to contact the rental car company and arrange to trade in the small car they had rented for an SUV so they would be more comfortable. Jim led him in to his office to use the telephone, and when he exited he noticed their son sitting silently off to the side, looking pensive. He sat down next to him and said quietly “how are you handling all of this Max? You’ve been through a lot in the past couple of days.”

Max glanced at him and then turned away. “I’m OK Uncle Jim.”

Jim shook his head slightly and placed his arm around Max’s shoulder. “I know you better than that Max. You’re a sensitive person. You watched someone die today. Even though he deserved it, it’s not an easy thing to deal with. I know. I’ve been there.”

Max looked back at him. “I know he deserved it, but I keep seeing him being thrown against that wall, and the sound of his skin burning up. I can’t get it out of my head.”

Jim nodded. “I know, and not to be the voice of gloom but you will remember that for a while. What you have to focus on is that allowing him to live would undoubtedly have brought about dire consequences for you and your family. Your dad had no choice. I know him, and I know that he never would have made that decision unless there were no other options. He is an honorable man, Max.”

Max rubbed his hands over his face as he shook his head and laughed slightly. “I keep hearing that word about him. ‘Honorable’.”

“He is Max; he honored his commitment to his people all those years ago by going back to his planet even though it practically killed him to leave your mother. I was there. He didn’t want to go, but your mom kept telling him that he had to do right by his people.”

“I know Uncle Jim, and I am actually glad that he- we- killed Nicholas. I’ve never felt true hatred before today. It’s just a lot to take in. I’ll be OK.”

Liz came toward them laughing. “Maria sends her love to everyone. She was very happy everything worked out.”

Jim rose and excused himself and Liz sat down next to her son. “Max, I know we never talked about your father before all this happened-“

He cut her off. “Mom, this was all my fault. I never should have taken off on you, and I’m so sorry. I put us all in jeopardy, and now Dad can never see his sister again-“

It was Liz’s turn to interrupt him. “Max, Nicholas was already here and things most likely would have gone down the way they did eventually anyway. I hope you now understand why I’ve always been so overprotective of you. Don’t blame yourself for what happened to him. He chose his path and had to pay the price for it.” She paused a moment before she continued. “I do want a promise from you, though. Promise me that you will NEVER do anything remotely like that again. I do not want to ever feel that level of fear or panic again, understand?”

“I promise Mom. Don’t worry, I don’t want to ever feel that way again either.”

Liz reached over and took his hand. “Thank you. Now, about you and your father-“

“Mom, don’t worry. After everything we just went through, after what he did to rescue me, and hearing everyone tell me what a great guy he is, the least I can do is try to get to know him. I’m not saying that everything is just fine now, but I promise you I will give this a fair shot.”

Liz wrapped her arms around him and hugged him tightly. “Thank you baby. That’s all I ask.” She pulled back slightly and leaned her forehead against his, tears filling her eyes. “I was really scared Max. I thought I might lose you. I don’t know what I would do if something ever happened to you.”

Max hugged her all the harder. “I’m so sorry Mom. Never again, I promise.”

His father found them there a few minutes later. “OK, all we have to do is be at the rental counter tomorrow at 9 AM and they’ll have another car ready for us.”

“Great,” Liz said standing up. “I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starving. How ‘bout we see if the Crashdown still has the best pie in New Mexico?” They readily agreed and followed her into the restaurant.
--------------------
The next morning they exchanged vehicles and hit the road. Liz sat in the passenger seat studying the map, suggesting sights they could stop and see or places they might possibly stay overnight. Her son was peering over the seat at the map on her lap. “Hey Mom, remember when we were in Colorado and went to Rocky Mountain National Park? We stayed on that lake, I forget the name, but remember they had cabins right on the lake with boats and stuff? Maybe we could stop there again.”

“Oh yeah, I loved it there. What do you think Max?” she asked his father.

Max was driving along the interstate with a huge smile plastered on his face. This was realization of every dream he’d ever had, even if it was the result of a harrowing experience. He and his family spending time together doing something normal. Things that normal families did together. He could not contain his glee if he had to.

“Well, the only parts of the country I’ve ever seen have been New Mexico and New Jersey, so I’m up for going anywhere. You guys pick the route, just tell me where to go.”

“Well,” Liz replied, still studying the map, “we can take 285 north almost all the way there, and then to go back to Jersey, we’ll just take Route 80 east all the way. There’s some neat stuff off that route, and if you guys want we could stop in Chicago…” She rambled on about the different locations they could visit, and both Max’s agreed to her plan. She grabbed her cell phone to try to set up a reservation for the lakeside cabin. After speaking with the real estate agent, she said “well, they have a two bedroom cabin on the lake, but its only available tomorrow night. We’ll have to find somewhere else to stop tonight.” She continued to peruse the map, then looking up again said “we could see how far we get today and just stop at a motel off the interstate. We shouldn’t have any trouble finding a room.”

Famous last words, she thought; it was now almost 9 PM and they were still on the road. They had made it almost all the way to the park lands, only to find that motels were scarce and those that they did find were booked solid. “This is why I always make a plan,” she muttered. Both Max’s chuckled at this, knowing that this was probably the last time she’d do anything without being well prepared.

“Wait- look- doesn’t that sign say vacancy?” Her son was pointing to a small motel sign ahead. Max pulled in and went into the office; after a few minutes he came back out to the car. “They have one room left. I think we should probably take it, or we might end up sleeping in the truck.” They both agreed with him and all were relieved upon entering the room. It was small but spotless with two double beds.

“I am SO tired,” said Liz as she flopped down on a bed.

“Well, I guess I’m bunking with you then,” said her son as he looked at his father.

Max Sr. shot Liz a look. She sat up and said “sweetie, why don’t you go out and get our bags? I need to brush my teeth before I go to bed.”

“Sure Mom; I wanted to get a soda from the machine down the hall anyway, do you guys want anything?”

They both replied no, and after his exit Liz said, “please be patient Max. He’s been through a lot in the past few days, and I think he’s adjusting to it all pretty well, but I don’t want to dump one more thing on him right now. Please don’t forget that in his entire life I’ve never been with anyone. I went on, what, like six dates, and every one of them ended in a handshake and I never saw them again. It’s always just been he and I. Please do this for me.” Her large eyes were pleading for his understanding.

He pulled her to her feet and into his arms. “Of course Liz. I don’t want to rock the boat; I mean, I thought things went really well today and I don’t want to push him too hard either. But when we get home-“

She cut him off. “We’ll deal with it then, I promise. Let’s just deal with getting home right now, OK?”

“OK,” he said as he gave her the gentlest of kisses.
--------------------
The next morning dawned brightly and Liz bounced up out of bed. “Rise and shine, sleepy heads. Let’s get to the cabin so we can spend the day on the lake.”

Both father and son groaned in response. She smiled as she looked down at them. The two most important people in her life, the two men who owned her heart, together at last. She was filled with a child-like exuberance as she climbed up on their bed and began jumping up and down in between them, chanting “get up! Get up! Get up!”

The two sleeping men opened their eyes and looked up at her. “Mom, how much coffee have you had?” asked her son.

“None. It’s a beautiful day and I don’t want to waste it watching you two sleep. I’m going to take a shower; why don’t one of you go down to the coffee shop and bring us back some breakfast?”

They watched her bound into the bathroom and then they looked at each other, smiling and shaking their heads. “Is your mother always so chipper in the morning?”

His son laughed. “No; I guess she’s just happy or something. I’ll go get that coffee, how do you take yours?”

After he left Max lay in bed listening to the sound of the running shower. He desperately wanted to go in and join her, but he knew that their son would return shortly.

Thankfully Max arrived back with the coffee quickly and they both sat at the small table in the room trying to come alive. “How did people wake up before caffeine?” Max asked his father.

He laughed as he replied, “you know when I originally went to Antar they didn’t have any kind of beverage with caffeine in it. You want to talk about withdrawal.”
He grew quiet again as he watched his son. “Max, can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Yeah Dad.”

“Well, first I just wanted to thank you for agreeing to try to work out a relationship with me-“

He interrupted his father immediately. “No, Dad, first of all thank YOU for going to Roswell with Mom and, you know, everything that happened back there.” He clearly was still uncomfortable with what had happened so his father didn’t push him to elaborate. “And I’m sorry that my stupidity caused all those problems in the first place.”

“You didn’t cause the problems, Max. Nicholas was a problem for me for many, many years. I don’t want you to feel responsible for what happened in that cave. Although,” he added, “I am glad you realize that going out there in the first place wasn’t the smartest move. Who we are requires that we’re a little more careful than most people are.”

“Yeah, believe me, I’ve got that point loud and clear.”

“Good. There’s something else I’d like to talk to you about also. About your mom.” He paused as he watched Max’s reaction. His son looked him in the eye and waited for him to continue. “Well, I was thinking that you may have questions as to what my intentions are toward you and your mother. Especially your mother.” He saw his son nod in agreement and he continued. “First, the only thing that matters to me now, and will matter to me until the day that I die is your and your mother’s safety and happiness. I will do whatever I have to do to ensure both.”

“Thank you.”

He smiled at his son before he pushed forward. “Second, I want you to know how much I love your mother. I am 36 years old, and the only person I have ever been with or wanted to be with is your mom. I have loved her from the first moment I saw her and I will love her until the end of time. I want to spend the rest of my life with her, Max. I want to have a family with her.”

Max looked at him quizzically. “A family?”

Just then the bathroom door swung open and Liz came out smiling at them both. “Who’s next for the shower?” she asked, effectively ending father and son’s conversation.

They departed a short time later and arrived at their rented cabin quickly. The cabin sat nestled in a grove of trees on a slight hill above the lake, which was glittering in the bright sunshine. Max looked around and whistled. “Well you two were right, this place is beautiful.”

“Max and I vacationed here a few years ago. He loved it; he spent every day on the lake fishing or boating or swimming,” Liz replied.

Her son spotted a canoe and a kayak on the side of the cabin. “Cool, we can all go for a row around the lake. Are you guys up for it?”

“Try and stop me,” Liz said as they made their way down to the lake. Sticking her toe in the water she shivered. “It’s a little chilly.”

Max grinned, bent down, and placed his hand into the water. After concentrating for a moment he stood up and said to Liz and their son “try it again.”

They both tested the water and were surprised to find it a much more pleasing temperature. His son looked at him and said “OK, that was cool.”

Max laughed. “You both can do the same thing. Remember the energy field between us? It’s all in how you channel it. With practice you’ll both be able to do a lot of things.”

“Mom too?”

“Well, your powers are definitely a lot stronger than hers, and more varied. Basically Liz can channel energy into changing molecular structures or use it like I just did. And of course the whole connection thing you already know about. You will be able to do a lot more than that, with some practice.”
tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 22

ADULT

They spent the morning exploring the lake, Max and Liz in the canoe and their son paddling the kayak next to them. Later Liz sunbathed as father and son did some fly-fishing, during which Max questioned his father about Antar and what his life had been like while there. Later in the afternoon they all went swimming. After dinner they took a hike around the lake, so it was three tired people that arrived back at the cabin later.

Max looked at his son and said, “you can have the room to yourself Max, I’ll take the couch tonight.”

“Are you sure? ‘Cause it’s a king-size bed.”

“No, go ahead. It’ll be quieter out here I think.”

Liz started laughing. “Oh, let me guess, snore-myster here kept you up last night?”

“Well…”

“It’s OK Dad; when we went to the Final Four they put a pillow over my face to muffle the sound.”

His father started laughing also. “She would murder me if she ever knew I told anyone this, but your Aunt Isabel used to snore so loud I could sometimes hear her through the wall when we were growing up. So maybe it’s some kind of genetic thing.”

They laughed together and then kissed each other goodnight. Max settled on the couch with the same smile on his face that he had begun the day with. Things had gone really well with his son; he had been interested in hearing about the long conflict that had held his planet bound, and also about developing his powers further. It was apparent that each of them genuinely enjoyed the others company; they had talked and laughed together all day long. He once again marveled at the relationship between Liz and their son. They were so easy together, more like old best friends than mother and son, laughing and teasing each other constantly. It warmed his heart to watch his son with her; contrary to the indifference so many kids displayed toward their parents, Max doted on Liz. He obviously loved his mother very much. “Like father like son,” he said aloud to no one.

Visions of Liz began to fill his mind. Her jumping on the bed this morning, her laughter as their son splashed her in the canoe, her excitement as their son helped him reel in his first-ever fish. Her soft smile, silky hair, and those gorgeous eyes that he drown in whenever he looked at her. His lovely Liz. Who was sleeping only a few feet away from his present position. Alone.

Max rose and made his way silently into her bedroom. Standing beside the bed he watched her sleep for a moment, then bent down and began covering her face with soft kisses. She opened her eyes and smiled at him; raising her hand she brushed it across his cheek before bringing her lips up to meet his in a sweet kiss. “Hey,” she breathed out.

“Hey yourself, gorgeous.” He ran his fingers from her jaw over her cheeks and into her hair. “You wanna go swimming?” he asked with a wicked grin.

She kissed him again. “So you came in here to try to tempt me, huh?”

“No, I really want to go swimming,” he answered, not quite able to keep a straight face. “I’m all hot and sweaty laying out there all by myself.”

“Hot, huh?” Her eyes darkened as she looked at him; then sighing in resignation she said “that creaky front door will wake up Max, and then he’ll ask questions.”

He smiled as he kissed the tip of her nose. “We’ll just have to make our own door then.” He pulled her out of bed, led her over to the window and raised his hand. Then, smiling widely, he dropped his arm and whispered to her “you do it.”

“What? I can’t do that Max.”

“Yes you can,” he said as he took her hand and faced it palm up at the window. “Feel the energy- like when we connected with Max to see Nicholas. Then picture the door and move your hand over the window slowly, “molding” the energy into a door.”

She closed her eyes and concentrated, then moved her hand slowly down the wall, elongating the window into a door. When she opened her eyes she almost screamed at what she had done. “Oh my God! I don’t believe it!” she said in an excited, hushed whisper. “I just imagined it and I did it!”

“You did great babe, but could you imagine a door knob so we could open it?”

She held her hand out again and after a minute sort of a knob appeared.

“Liz? It’s kind of, ah, lumpy,” he said, waving his own hand over it to finish the job.

“Mr. Perfectionist.”

They quietly exited and made their way hand in hand down to the lake. “Oh how beautiful,” Liz exclaimed as they looked out at the moonlit water.

“My thoughts exactly,” he whispered in her ear as he pulled her into his arms, kissing her. She pulled away after a moment and playfully said “how are we going to swim, we don’t have any bathing suits.”

He reached down and grabbed the hem of the T-shirt she had been sleeping in and pulled it over her head in one fluid motion. Placing each hand on her shoulders he ran them down her back, pressing her against his body. “You’re forgetting about your birthday suit.”

Her arms wound around his neck as his hands ran down and over her bottom pressing her closer still. “That’s why I love you Max. You’re always thinking.”

“Wanna guess what I’m thinking now?”

She shivered at the raw passion she heard in his voice. She stepped back out of his embrace and with a sly smile shimmied out of her panties, wanting to tease him a little further. She sashayed down to the lake and turned around to face him as she backed into the water. “Are you just going to stand there and stare or are you going to join me?”

He hurriedly stripped off his clothing and practically ran into the water as she giggled. “Are you in a hurry or something, Max?”

He swam over to her and she moved herself backward, trying to elude his grasp. “Is there something you wanted Max?” she said, still giggling at him.

He finally caught her arm and tugged her over to him, wrapping his arms around her waist. “Just the same thing I’ve always wanted. You.”

Her arms went around his neck as they floated along. “And now that you’ve got me, whatever will you do with me?”

“Hmm, I’m not sure. Maybe we could sing camp songs. Or build a sand castle. Or, wait, I have an idea.” He took her mouth in a fiery kiss, ravaging her with his tongue and leaving her breathless. He pulled away to find her eyes heavy with desire and said “or we could do that.”

“Yeah” was all she could say. As he always managed to do, he had turned the tables on her and was in control again, her teasing long since forgotten as she pressed her body against him and moved to kiss him again.

“So you like that idea? Because I kind of thought the sand castle thing would be fun.”

“Shut up and kiss me again Max.”

He gladly obeyed her command. This time he was gentle, giving her slow kisses that left her whimpering for more. She ran her hands into his hair to urge him on, but he only continued his sweet kisses until she locked her legs around his waist and moved against him. In an instant his mouth was devouring hers and he began to move them out of the water, his lips never leaving hers. As he bent to lay her down on the shore she clung to him to keep her body from touching the sand. “Max we’re wet, we’ll get sand stuck to us everywhere.” He quickly waved his hand over the patch of sand and turned it into a blanket. As he lay her down upon it she smiled at him. “I could’ve done that you know.” “Yeah,” he said as he positioned himself over her, placing one thigh between hers and running his fingertips over her cheek. “But it would’ve taken too long.”

He continued to caress her face as he stared into her eyes. “Liz, today was incredible. It was the first time in so long that I felt… I felt…”

“Complete.” She finished his thought because she felt the same way. “Now I want to make you feel completely loved.”

Never removing her eyes from his she brushed his wet hair back and then ran her fingers down his face and along his jawbone, lightly down his neck and over his collarbone. She continued down his chest to his abs, reveling in the feel of his hard muscles under her soft hands. She loved the feel of his body and the feeling of power she had whenever she touched him like this. Feeling him open himself up totally in every way to her, sensing his needs and how much he wanted her made her feel like she could fly if he asked her to. As she folded her fingers down and ran the backs of her nails around to his back she raised her head to take his nipple in her mouth. His groan of approval made her heart soar.

Max’s arms were shaking with the effort to hold himself still over her while her hands danced over his back and her tongue played on his chest. Each touch, each kiss, each lick caused him to moan softly which just made her intensify her actions in an effort to drive him insane. It was working.

When he couldn’t take anymore he brought her head up and lay on top of her more fully. Moaning “Liz, my Liz” before taking her mouth in a searing kiss, she felt his erection against her stomach and automatically responded by moving her hips. He ripped himself away from her and said in a breathless voice “don’t I get some time to explore too?”

Her voice was just as shallow. “I’m yours Max.” She basked in a new wave of love from him at her words, and felt his lips burn a trail down her neck as his hands teased her breasts. Soon his lips were there also and his hands moved down her body, skimming up and down the length of her torso and then finally to her inner thighs. She could not contain the loud moan of pleasure that escaped her lips when he simultaneously sucked hard on a nipple and found her clit with his finger.

Lifting his head and smiling he said, “you know that sound is amplified when it travels across the water.” She could only answer him with a push to his head to bring him down on her other breast. Finally he couldn’t hold off any longer and brought their mouths together again as he spread her legs wider and began to enter her. She ended the kiss and breathed out, “I want to see your eyes while you love me, Max.”

He gazed into her eyes and their connection blew wide open, their thoughts and feelings melding together until they were one. One being floating on a cloud of love, moving together in perfect rhythm, each feeling the intense pleasure their body gave to the other. “Max you feel so good inside me,” she rasped out as her heels dug into the sand and her hands pressed on his butt to deepen his penetration. “Oh god, Liz,” was all he could reply. She was so hot and wet, and as he moved in and out of her he could feel her desire for more, and the thought that it was him bringing her such ecstasy was as gratifying as the feeling of her moving under him, clenching down on him each time he entered her. As their rhythm increased their emotions deepened, heightening their senses and deepening their desire.

Overwhelmed by the perfect feeling of Max’s loving her, Liz’s eyes slid shut and her neck arched as her head rolled from side to side. “Maxmaxmaxmax…” She moaned his name in a never-ending chant, and with each utterance he plunged into her harder and faster. They both felt like they were drowning in a sea of pleasure.

Suddenly the strangled cry of her name announced his climax, and with a final pounding thrust he brought her home as well. Her entire body exploded in release as she continued to cry out his name. Their bodies were locked around each other, both unable and unwilling to release the other even after their breathing slowed to normal.

Max rose above her and attempted to pull out of her. “No!” she cried, pulling him down and locking her arms around his back. “Please, not yet Max,” she said softly. She looked at him with a slightly shy smile. “It just feels so good when you’re inside me.” He smiled down at her and with a long, deep, gentle kiss let her know he felt the same way.

They lay together silently, hands playing over each other’s bodies, trading sweet kisses, immersed in the feelings of love they sent each other. After a while he said, “I have to be crushing you Liz,” and rolled them over so she was sprawled over top of him. He pulled the blanket over them and they fell asleep still joined together, heart, body, mind, and soul.

Just as dawn was breaking Liz awakened. Shifting slightly in Max’s arms she felt him hard inside of her; looking up, she was surprised to find him still asleep. She smiled and thought to herself ‘let’s see how long it will take to wake him up’. Placing her hands on the blanket on either side of his chest she pushed herself up and moved her knees so she could have some leverage. Slowly rising up she watched his face for any sign of wakefulness, then she slowly slid down and he groaned slightly in his sleep. She rose up and slid down again, moving several times until his eyes began to open. His mind was still fuzzy with sleep as his hands came up to grip her hips and he moaned “Liz.” She immediately began moving faster, tightening her walls on him as she rose up and then sunk back down on him. She felt his hips thrust up and the feeling of him touching her so deeply inside drove her to a frantic pace quickly.

He was fully awake now and the feeling of being awakened in such a fashion coupled with the sight of her wantonly riding him brought him to the edge quickly, but he held off, not wanting to go over without her. He released one hand from its grip on her hip and moved his thumb between her exposed lips until he found her clit. Fingering her hard he ground out “I want to watch you cum, my Liz.” At his words she climaxed and fell on to his chest, and at that glorious sight, he came inside of her.

After they calmed Max chuckled. “Now that’s what I call a ‘good morning’.” He brought her mouth to his and kissed her as he rolled them over and pulled out of her. “We should go back to the cabin baby, it’s getting light out.” She reluctantly agreed with him and they dressed themselves and headed back. They used the door Liz had ‘made’ in her room and walked to her bed. She wrapped her arms around him and looking up at him kissed his chin. “Goodnight again, my love.”

He put his best pout on his face and said “can’t I stay here with you? It’s so lonely out there.”

She stood on her tiptoes and stole a quick kiss. “You’ll just have to tough it out, your majesty.” She pushed him toward the living room and climbed into the bed. He reluctantly backed toward the door, watching her watch him. “I love you,” he called out before disappearing through the doorway. Liz lay back on the pillows and sent him a final message before sleep claimed her again. // Right back at you, gorgeous. //
--------------------------------
Max awoke and stretched out. He had been glad his father had taken the couch, the large bed was very comfortable and he had been able to stretch out his long frame and get a great nights sleep.

He lay in bed a while thinking about the previous day. He had gotten along great with his father, which didn’t really surprise him as he had gotten along with him when he had been ‘Tom’. He had been very interested when his father had told him about Antar and the struggle for peace he had waged. Max now knew he could forgive his dad for leaving Liz because he now had a full understanding of the need of his presence during the conflict. And he was willing to try to build future memories with him now, something he didn’t think he’d be able to do not very long ago.

He smiled, rose out of bed and made his way out into the living room. He saw his father on the couch, and then turned and looked into his mother’s room to find her sitting up and stretching. “Morning sweetie,” she called to him.

“Morning Mom. Do you want- hey! Where’d that door come from?”

Liz jerked around and looked at the door she had ‘made’ last night and blushed at the thought of why she did it. “Uh, well, I, uh, I was trying to work on my powers, and, uh, I was fooling around with the window...” She turned back to her son to find his father standing behind him holding his hand over his mouth to stifle his laughter. Her cheeks grew redder as she said “and I made a door.” Then glaring at his father she added, “sweetie, why don’t you jump in the shower first and your father and I will make breakfast.”

“OK Mom,” he answered, heading for the bath.

After seeing his son disappear behind the bathroom door, Max climbed in the bed and on top of Liz. “Good morning again my Liz,” he said before taking her lips in a long sensual kiss. “You are so cute when you’re flustered, you know.”

“Yeah? Well I have news for you,” she said before she answered his kiss with a potent one of her own. “No one laughs at Liz Parker and gets away with it. Your punishment will be no more nookie until we get home. What do you think about that?”

“I think we’ll be driving straight through to Jersey, then,” he replied, before diving in for another taste of her.

‘Liz Parker’, he thought as he lost himself in the sweetness of her mouth; “I’m going to have to do something about that name…soon…”
tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 23A- ADULT

“I know this is a corny thing to say, but there really is no place like home,” Max said to his parents as they pulled into their driveway in Jersey.

“Remember that the next time you feel like taking a road trip, will you?” said Liz. “You’re right sweetie, I don’t ever think I’ve been happier to see these four walls. Help your father bring in our bags please? I’m going to call Maria and let her know we’re home.”

Max and his father brought in their luggage as she was hanging up the phone. “Maria and Alex will be over in a few minutes.” She watched as her son took his suitcase into his bedroom. Max leaned over and in a low voice said, “where should I put my suitcase?” He didn’t want to push her about their sleeping arrangements, but at the same time he felt this was the best opportunity to deal with the subject with their son.

Liz sighed. “I promise I’ll talk to him after Maria leaves.”

“No, Liz; I think we should talk to him together. I don’t want him thinking that I’m just some disinterested third party; I want him to understand that you and me are a permanent thing and that the three of us are a family, and that we need to discuss this as a family. All three of us. OK?”

Her arms encircled his waist and she looked up at him with bright eyes. “A permanent thing, huh?”

Taking her face in his hands he leaned down and brushed his lips over hers. “As if there could be any doubt.” Just as he began to deepen the kiss Maria’s voice rang out from the porch. “Step off Max, I want to get a hug in before you two are at it again.”

They turned to greet Maria and Alex as they made their way into the house and Liz called out for their son to join them. As he entered the living room Maria ran over to him and threw her arms around him in a bear hug. “Oh God, I’m so glad you’re OK, you have no idea how many prayers I’ve said in the past week.” Then surprising them all, she stepped back and slapped his face. “That’s for pulling such a stupid stunt in the first place. Forget about Alex and I worrying ourselves sick, do you have any idea how much you scared your mother? How could you be so irresponsible, inconsiderate and, and, well stupid? You were raised better than that Max. You really disappointed me.” No one had interrupted her little tirade because Maria was Max’s second mother; she had been there from the time he was born and had helped to raise him- if anyone had a right to scold him besides his mother it was Maria.

“I’m sorry Aunt Maria, you’re right, I’m sorry.”

She hugged him once again. “It’s OK now, Max; but please promise me you’ll never do anything so reckless again. I don’t think Alex could make it through another week of me pacing around pulling out my hair.”

“Actually I didn’t notice anything out of your normal obsessive-compulsive behavior pattern, honey.” As usual Alex’s humor lightened the moment and they all laughed.

“Come on everyone, I’ll find something here for us to drink and we’ll fill each other in on the last week of our lives,” said Liz as she led them into the kitchen.

Later on as they left Maria invited them over for dinner, then said “Junior walk Alex and I out, will you?” When the three of them got outside she turned to him. “Well, if I gave you hell for doing something stupid I should praise you for doing something right. I was very happy to see how you handled yourself in there with your father. I take it you’ve decided to get to know him?”

“Yeah, it’s the least I can do after all the trouble I caused. You had a good point Aunt Maria; he’s here now and he at least deserves me giving him a chance. It’ll never make up for not being here for all these years, but I know he’ll be here in the future. That will have to be enough.”

Maria hugged him and said, “I’m very proud of you. You won’t regret it Max, I promise.” Stepping back she grabbed Alex’s hand. “OK, we’re going to go get some stuff for dinner. We’ll see you later handsome.”

Max walked back in the house to find his mother pacing back and forth across the living room and his father nervously watching her. Immediately alarmed he asked, “Mom what’s wrong?”

“Max please sit down. The three of us need to talk.” He perched on the edge of the couch and Liz sat down next to him. “Uh, Max, your father and I wanted to discuss the living arrangements in the house with you,” she began.

“Living arrangements?” he repeated, somewhat confused.

“Specifically your mothers and my arrangements,” said his father.

“In the same part of the house,” Liz stammered out.

“Oh,” Max said, for a moment still unclear as to their point. Then it hit him. “OH.” He looked at them to find his father staring at his mother and his mother staring at her feet. “So you two are going to, ah, you’re going to move upstairs?” he said looking at Liz.

“Actually I was thinking that you could take the apartment now. You’re certainly old enough, and we really don’t need the extra income anymore- that’s if it’s OK with both of you.”

“That sounds like a good idea to me,” his father stated. “How do you feel about it, Max?”

How do I feel? he thought to himself. I feel like my head is going to explode. In his blissful ignorance he hadn’t given any thought to the situation before, but he now realized that this was inevitable. After all, these two people had waited 18 years to be together, and they obviously loved each other. And as much as he loathed thinking about his mother having a physical relationship with someone, it was obvious that they already had one; after all, he wasn’t delivered by the stork. “Well it’s not really up to me, is it. I have no problem going upstairs; it’ll be kind of like having my own place. Only you’ll still be doing my laundry,” he joked weakly to his mom.

“Max I realize this is strange for you,” his father said. “But I want to tell you again how much I love your mom, and how much I want the three of us to become a family. We could’ve waited until you went away to college but then we’d just be sneaking around behind your back, and I don’t want that. I want our bonds to be based on honesty and trust. I know that my deception regarding my identity when I first came here belies my words, but I did what I felt I had to do to protect you and your mom. Maybe it wasn’t the right choice but I can’t change the past. I can however promise you both that I will always be truthful and open with you. No more games. I want you to be able to come to me and know that you can trust me. And I want to demonstrate that by being honest with you about this now.”

Well you can tell he was a diplomat, Max thought. How could he argue with anything his father had said? He was going to have to deal with the situation sooner or later, and it would be childish of him to object, after all these were two consenting adults. He wanted his mom to be happy, and after bearing witness to her 18 year dating drought he realized that the only person that was going to make her happy was the man sitting across the room. He nodded at his father. “Thanks Dad. But do you mind if we make the move tomorrow, ‘cause I’d really like to sleep in my own bed tonight.”

Liz reached over and laid her hand on his. “No problem honey. And we’ll move your furniture and everything up there; we’ll set it up any way you’d like.”

“OK. I’m going to go in and organize some stuff, if we’re done here.”

“Go ahead sweetie.” Max and Liz watched their son disappear down the hallway and then looked at each other. “Well that wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be,” she said to him.

Max joined her on the couch and taking her hand placed a kiss on the back before looking her in the eyes. “You did a wonderful job raising him Liz. He’s smart, respectful, and has good common sense. Thank you.”

“There’s nothing to thank me for Max; he’s been the joy of my life. And now I have twice the joy,” she said as she leaned in to kiss him.

A few hours later Liz knocked lightly on her son’s door to tell him they were ready to leave for Maria’s. She found him making stacks of different books and magazines. “Hey Mom, what would you think about me building a bookcase along the back wall upstairs? Then I could organize all of this stuff and also put my trophies on it.”

“That’s a great idea- you know, you could design it with a computer desk in the middle and then you’d have all of your reference materials right near you. I’m sure your dad would be happy to help you with it.” She sat down on his bed and patted the space next to her. “Come sit with me Max. I want to talk to you.” She took his hand as she continued and sandwiched it between her two hands. “I just wanted to see if you’re OK with all of this,” she said as she waved one hand around in the air. “Because I know there has been a lot of major changes for you to deal with lately, and I know that me being with your father is strange for you, and I just…well, I’m worried about you.”

He looked up into her eyes and paused a moment. “Mom, I can’t lie to you. Yeah, it’s weird to see you with someone. It’s strange to think that I’m going to have to share you with someone now. I mean, it’s always been just you and me, you know? But I’ll deal with it. I’ll be OK.”

Her eyes filled with tears as she pulled him into a hug; then pulling back she grabbed his face by both cheeks. “You are my baby. The same blood flows through our veins. You will be my dying thought. Nothing will ever come between you and I, do you understand? Nothing!”

Max smiled at her fierce declaration. “Thanks Mom. I love you too.”

“And I love you, my sweet baby boy.”

“Ah, Mom? My cheeks are starting to hurt.”

“Oh, sorry honey,” she said as she tried to rub away the pain. He took her hands and kissed them both. “It’s OK Mom.”

“Max, thank you for handling all of this so, well, maturely. I want you to know how much I appreciate your attitude and you giving this all a chance.”

“You’re welcome. And thank you for being the best Mom in the whole world.”

“Oh God, now I’m going to cry again,” she said as the tears started to flow.

“OK, before you completely lose it let’s go to Aunt Maria’s,” he chuckled as he led them both out of his room.

Later that night while her son was busy packing up his room Liz made her way upstairs. She stood outside the sliding glass door for a moment watching Max move about the room collecting his things for the move downstairs. She couldn’t help the heated smile that spread over her face as she remembered the first time she had watched him through these doors; it was the day they had painted the house and he had been shirtless. She flushed as she recalled the feelings of lust that had rushed through her then. Or was it because she was having those same feelings right now?

// Then why are you still standing out there? //

His voice filtered into her mind jarring her out of her reverie. He turned around with a wolfish smile on his face and made his way over to open the door. “How long have you known I was out here?” she said as she walked inside.

“I always know when you’re close-by. I can feel you.”

“Feel me, huh?” she said in a low, thick voice as she ran her hands over his chest. As he started to reply her hands stole around his neck and she pulled him in for a bruising kiss. Lost in her lustful kisses Max didn’t notice that she was walking them backward until his legs came into contact with the couch; losing his balance he unceremoniously plopped down upon it. Liz quickly moved down onto his lap, her knees bending as she sat on his thighs and straddled him. He let her take control as she took his mouth again, hungrily demanding his response which he gladly gave. Running her hands under his T-shirt she quickly pulled it over his head and gave him a heated stare before she began to lick and suck her way around his neck. Her hands roamed his upper body caressing, squeezing, and massaging every inch they landed upon.

Max was in heaven. Liz was aggressively claiming him as her own and he loved every second of it. He would barely register the feel of one delicious caress when she would move on to tease another area of his body. Finally when he felt her pop open the button on his jeans he stopped her hands. Breathing hard he said, “I want to feel more of you.” As he slid the short cardigan she wore over her sundress off he let his fingers glide down her arms. His eyes found hers as he quickly undid the buttons down the front of her dress. “Have I ever told you that I love it when you wear a dress?” he said as it fell open and his hands pulled it from her body, then moved inside, removed her bra and moved on to her breasts.

Liz was on fire; from the moment she had laid eyes on him through the door she wanted him, and now as he fondled her and stared at her with those amazing eyes she felt like she was going to melt. Once again she reached for his zipper but this time he didn’t stop her. Her small hand drew him out and she said lasciviously in his ear “have I ever told you that I love it when you don’t wear underwear?” as she began to stroke him. She kissed him almost savagely; devouring him as her hand pumped him faster causing him to moan loudly into her mouth. At the sound of his pleasure she ripped her lips from his, jumped off of him and stripped off her panties. Quickly positioning herself over him again she paused a moment until their gazes locked once more. “I want you so much, Max,” she growled out before dropping herself down on his shaft, causing them both to groan out their pleasure. His hands grasped her hips to aid with her momentum and they slammed their bodies against each other with wild abandon. Finally, raising up on him until only his tip remained inside of her she froze in place and stared down into his eyes. “Max, my Max,” she rasped out before one final plunge that brought them both to climax.

Liz fell limply against his chest; her head resting on his shoulder as his shaking arms held her tightly. He didn’t know what he did to deserve that but he wasn’t about to question it, so he just held her and thanked his lucky stars.

// You’re welcome. // Her mirth-filled voice shot through his mind. // But I don’t think luck had anything to do with it. //

// Oh no? //

“No,” she whispered as she lightly kissed his neck. She raised her head and ran her hands into his hair as she leaned her forehead against his, smiling. “I think it was watching that adorable tush of yours in those tight faded Levi’s that I love.”

“Then I guess I’ll be wearing those jeans every day now.”

They shared sweet kisses before she lay her head back on his shoulder, snuggling against his body as close as she could. He threaded his fingers through her hair and let out a deep sigh.

“Is something the matter Max?”

“Yes. I can’t seem to figure out how we can stay attached like this permanently without freaking out the general public.”

They both chuckled, then he added “Liz? Please stay with me tonight. Please,”
he whispered at the end as she looked up at him again.

“OK.”

“That was easy enough,” he said as he pulled her off his lap, laid her down on the couch and moved over her.

“Yeah? How’s this for easy- you be a good boy and you just might get lucky again,” she said playfully.

“Oh Miss Parker, I don’t think luck has anything to do with it,” he said before diving in for a kiss.
===========
The next day Max stood thoughtfully listening to his son as he explained his idea for the bookcase. “…and Mom said that maybe we could build a computer desk in the middle of it, too.”

“That’s a good idea. We could put it under this window. And if you want we could convert the bottom shelf of the section of the bookcase next to the desk into a sliding drawer for covered storage.”

“I like that idea. Then I could get rid of this old filing cabinet,” he said leaning on it.

“OK, let’s take some measurements and then we’ll go to Home Depot and get the lumber.” They busied themselves designing, sketching, and measuring their project. “OK Max, I think we have everything. Oh, write down on our list rollers for the drawer too.”

“OK Dad, got it. Do you want to go now?”

“In a minute. I’d like to talk to you about something first.”

His son groaned and laughed at the same time. “I’ve been hearing those words an awful lot lately.”

“I know Max, but I told you yesterday I wanted to be up front and honest with you, so I wanted to let you know about this.” He walked over to a box of his things waiting to be carried downstairs and pulled out a wooden box, then motioned for his son to sit with him at the dinette table. He opened the box and removed a large velvet bag and placed it on the table unopened. “Max, I haven’t shown what I’m about to show you to your mother yet, but I will soon. You know that on Antar we are royalty, and much like here on earth, royalty has certain perks.” He carefully removed the contents of the bag and spread them out on the table.

His son’s eyes were practically bulging out of his head. Beautiful precious stones covered the tabletop. “Are these what I think they are?”

“These are the Antarian King’s crown jewels. They are given to each King to do with as he pleases.”

“But don’t they have to be passed on to the next King?”

“No. There is a family that has served our family in the Royal Court for centuries. They serve in many capacities, one of which is as the Royal Jeweler. In each generation of their bloodline one member of their family is born with a special gift- they can change certain substances into precious stones, metals, stuff like that. They create a new set of jewels for each new monarch.” He smiled as he thought of Isabel. “I can just imagine the set your Aunt is designing for them to work on now. Anyway, this is my set.”

“Wow,” was all Max could say. A large array of jewels, including diamonds, emeralds, sapphires and rubies glittered as the sunlight struck their surfaces.

“I look at this as our family’s future. In more ways than one.” He selected a large, perfectly cut diamond and showed it to his son. “Do you think your mom would like this one?”

“Who wouldn’t, look at it…oh, you mean…what do you mean?”

“I mean that I’m going to ask your mom to marry me Max. It’s what I’ve wanted since we were 16- for us to belong to each other completely. But I’d like to know how you feel about it first.”

“Are you asking my permission or something?”

“No, because nothing could stop me from asking her; but it’s important to me that you know about it and that you’re OK with it. And if you’re not then we need to talk.”

His son stared at the beautiful stone in his hand. Things were changing so fast- his life had gone from a quiet, peaceful existence with his mom to a reality that included alien wars, murder, and now a vast amount of wealth. This step would cement his parents together forever; but the more he thought about it, the more he realized that they were already inseparable and any disdain at their marriage would only cause all three of them pain. And truth be told, he’d much prefer that they marry and not just live together. “Dad, I’m going to tell you the same thing I told Mom last night. Yeah, this is all very new and very strange to me, but I can’t ignore the obvious fact that you two really do love each other. The only thing that’s important to me is that Mom is treated like she deserves to be. She waited a long time for you, Dad; please take good care of her. As long as you do that you and I will always be fine.”

Max’s heart constricted in his chest with pride. He knew his son’s life had been turned upside down and how difficult it must be for him to deal with everything that had been thrown at him in such a short period of time, yet his prevailing thought was his mother’s happiness. He was loving, selfless, and loyal- just like his mom. When he finally spoke his voice was tight with emotion. “Thank you Max. For being honest, for giving me a chance, but most of all for loving your mom so much. Be assured that the only person who loves her more than you is me. She’s my queen, Max, and I promise you I will spend every moment of the rest of my life making sure she knows that too.”

“OK then. So you’re going to, what, use your powers to make her a ring out of some alien metal or something?”

Max shook his head and laughed. “Actually I thought I’d just go to a jeweler and pick out a setting.”

“Oh.” His son was a little disappointed; he thought learning how to make an alien ring would be kind of cool.

Max studied his son a moment then asked “Max what’s your birth stone?”

“Emerald, for May.”

Max selected a large emerald and closed his eyes as he held it in his hand. When he opened his fist the large rock had been reduced to a pile of perfectly cut gems the same shape as the diamond. He took the diamond from his son and placed it on the table and then arranged the emeralds around it. “What do you think?”

“It’s beautiful, she’ll love it.”

“The two most precious jewels in my life together, as they should be.”

His son understood his true meaning and his voice was a little choked up when he said “thanks Dad.”

Max reached over and lay his hand over his and gave it a squeeze.

“No, thank you, my son.”
tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 24

The next few weeks flew by as the end of the University’s semester loomed in front of Max and Liz. In between preparing final exams they worked on setting up the apartment with their son, so the only time they were able to spend together was when they would fall into bed, to exhausted to do anything but hold each other until sleep claimed them.

One day in between classes, Alex found Max sitting on a bench outside of the University’s bookstore staring off into space. “Max. MAX! Hey buddy, you looked like you were a million miles away. Is everything all right?”

“Hey Alex, yeah, I was just sitting here trying to…Alex if I tell you something can you keep it just between us? Can you keep a secret from Maria?”

“Well, I guess it would depend on what the secret was. She is like a bloodhound so you know eventually she’d find out. Are you sure everything’s OK?”

“Yeah, I just…I’m going to ask Liz to marry me, and I’m trying to figure out exactly how and where to do it.”

“Oh wow, that’s great, congratulations.”

“Thanks. So don’t tell Maria, OK? I really want to surprise Liz. I know that I want to do it as soon as the semester’s over but the details are killing me.”

Alex chuckled. “I remember going through the same thing when I decided to pop the question to Maria. I made all of these elaborate plans and she ended up finding the ring and all my hard work went out the window. You don’t have much time; finals are done at the end of next week. Have you come up with anything?”

“Well, I thought about taking her for a walk on the beach and asking her there, or out for a nice dinner, but I want this to be really special. I waited a long time to do this and I want it to be perfect. Part of the problem is that I’m not that familiar with this area so if you know of somewhere nice or have any ideas I’d really appreciate hearing them.”

Alex sat quietly thinking for a few minutes. “Wait a minute. I don’t know if this is possible, but the Tall Ships are coming into New York Harbor in two weeks-“

“The Tall Ships?”

“Yeah, they’re huge wooden sailing yachts, schooners, some over a hundred years old. They come in from all over the world and anchor in the harbor for Fleet Week. They’re gorgeous and everything on the ship is as close to authentic as possible. My cousin is the captain of one, and every year Maria, Liz, Max and I go up there to see him. One year we were lucky enough to go out for a sail because the owner was trying to impress some money guys he wanted to do some business with, so he threw a big party on the ship and we went along. It’s amazing and I know Liz loved it. My cousin owes me a few favors. I can’t promise anything but if you want, I’ll give him a call and see if he could take you two out on a private cruise.”

“Alex that sounds perfect. And money is no object; I’ll pay whatever they want. When do you think you could find out?”

“I’ll call him when I get home. Maria won’t be home from work yet so I’ll be able to talk to him freely. I’m sure it won’t take him long to find out if he can do it or not.”

Max stood up and shook Alex’s hand. “I’m glad I mentioned this to you. Thanks so much.”

“Don’t thank me until it’s a done deal. Anyway, I’d do anything for Liz. I’m really happy you guys found each other again.”

Max couldn’t stop the dopey smile that spread across his face. “Yeah, me too. I have to run to my next class; thanks again. I’ll talk to you later?”

“I’ll give you a call as soon as I talk to him.”

“Thanks again Alex. Talk to you later.”
=========
Max was a nervous wreck. Today was the day he was proposing to Liz and he wanted everything to go flawlessly. Alex had been able to set things up with his cousin, who had agreed to take them out for a couple hours at sunset. Maria had found out when his cousin called their house and left a message on their answering machine, and after giving Alex hell for not telling her she was happy to help Max with the plans. She took Liz shopping and made her buy a new dress, shoes, and some jewelry. She was the one who came up with a cover story why she and Alex weren’t going with them to see the ships as they usually did, and she made sure that their son had a good reason not to go also. At the moment she was helping Liz get dressed while Max was pacing around the living room, being observed by a very amused Alex and Max Jr.

“Max? You’re starting to wear a hole in the rug,” joked Alex.

“Yeah Dad, relax, you know she’s going to say yes.”

“I just want this to be perfect. You’re sure everything is set with your cousin Alex?”

“Relax Max. Bill and his crew will take good care of you, and the restaurant you’re going to after is fantastic. Liz knows how to get there so you’re not going to get lost. Everything is going to work out, don’t worry.”

“OK, I know you’re right, I’m just afraid I’ll forget something or fall in the water or do something stupid.”

“Max calm down,” said Alex. “You have the ring, right?”

Max pat his pocket as his son replied for him. “He’s checked that about 100 times since I saw him drop it in there.”

“You’ll be fine Max. Oh, here she comes now,” said Alex as he spotted Liz and Maria coming out of the bedroom.

Max’s breath caught in his throat as it did every time he laid eyes on her. She was dressed in a sleeveless tank dress made of thin woven rayon in an Indian batik print that flowed loosely around her body. On her feet were new sandals which tied around her ankles, and she wore the funky earrings and bracelet that Maria had picked out for her. She looked like a beautiful, funky angel to him and he loved it.

“OK, the princess is ready to go,” said Maria. “Here Liz, I brought that shawl that you like, I thought it would go nicely with the dress and you might get cold.”

“Thanks Maria. OK, are we ready? Max?”

Max was still staring at her, lost in his thoughts. “Oh- oh, yeah, OK, let’s go.”

Max, Maria, and Alex walked them out. “Have fun,” Maria called out as they waived goodbye. After they pulled out of the driveway Maria turned to Max. “You OK sweetie?”

“Yeah Aunt Maria. I’ll be OK.”

“Come here,” she said as she pulled him into a hug. “Just remember that she loves you very much Max. As do we.” She gave him a peck on the cheek and continued. “So what time will you be done surfing?”

“Just tell me when dinner is and I’ll be there.”

“How ‘bout 7? Then we’ll come back here and wait for them to get back. I can’t wait to see the ring; your father wouldn’t show it to me, he said he wanted Liz to see it before anyone else did.”

“OK, I’ll see you guys later then.”

Liz and Max had a few hours to kill before they had to be at the ship, so Liz gave Max what she called the ‘tourists tour’ of Manhattan- Radio City, Rockefellar Center, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Time Square, The Empire State Building, Wall Street, finally ending at Battery Park and on to the docks.

“Wow,” exclaimed Max as the Tall Ships came into view.

“Aren’t they beautiful? You should see them under sail, they are magnificent,” said Liz.

Max silently made a note to buy Alex a new car, a house, whatever he wanted. This was an absolutely perfect setting for asking Liz to marry him. They walked along the dock admiring the ships until they came to the one they were looking for. “Liz! Good to see you,” called out a man as he made his way down the catwalk to greet them.

“Bill, it’s nice to see you again too,” she replied as she gave him a kiss hello. She turned and lay her hand on Max’s shoulder. “Bill, this is Max. Max, this is Alex’s cousin Bill. He’s the Captain of the Shaherezade.”

“Pleasure to meet you Max.”

“Same here. The boat is beautiful.”

Liz laughed as she said, “At this size it’s called a ship. A boat is what’s in the lagoon around the corner from our house.”

“Oh, sorry.”

“No problem. I take it you haven’t been around boats much?” asked Bill.

“Actually this will be my first time on one.”

“Well you are starting with the cream of the crop, if I do say so myself. This vessel is the finest I’ve ever had the pleasure to command. Come aboard and I’ll give you a tour before we set sail.”

“Set sail?” Liz questioned.

“Oh, I’m sorry, I thought she knew,” apologized Bill.

“Bill was kind enough to agree to take us out for awhile. Alex set it up for me after he told me how much you enjoyed it last time.”

Liz was thrilled. “Oh fantastic! You’re going to love it Max! Thank you!” she added to Bill.

“My pleasure to show off the lady. Come on, let’s take that tour.”

When they set sail Max and Liz stayed on the stern near Bill as he explained to Max what the crew was doing and the workings of the ship. Max was keenly interested; he had spent almost 20 years traveling in spaceships, jet packs, and light tunnels so to experience travel by the sheer force of nature was exhilarating. The sound of the wind in the sails, the splash of the waves, and the motion of the ship as it glided through the water was soothing yet empowering. Liz came up behind Max and wrapped her arms around his waist. “So you like it, huh?”

“Actually I was just thinking that we should get one of these. Only a lot smaller, of course,” he laughed.

“Max, look.”

They were coming close to the Statute of Liberty. They were quiet as they sailed by it. Bill turned to them and said, “that’s always my favorite part of Fleet Week in New York. When we come into the harbor and see Lady Liberty, it’s a feeling like no other.”

“I can see why,” said Max. They sailed on for another hour or so until Bill called out to them. “We’re going to come about and head back. You may want to go and sit up there.” He was pointing to a section mid-ship between the first and second mainsail where there was more seating. “We’ll be sailing into the sunset and you’ll be able to see around the jib; you should get a great view from up there.”

Max and Liz made their way up and took a seat, Max pulling Liz into his side. She leaned her head against his shoulder and sighed. “Thank you for this Max.” Just then the ship came about and they were looking toward the city off in the distance, the sun setting in the harbor. “Oh, how beautiful,” whispered Liz as she snuggled closer to Max’s side. “This is so perfect.”

Max ran his hands up and down her back as he tried to calm himself and find the courage to say what he wanted. Liz sensed his uneasiness and looked up at him. “Max? Is everything OK?”

“Yeah baby, why?”

“Well, I can tell you’re tense about something, and you’ve been kind of preoccupied all week. What’s going on?”

This is it, he thought. “Well there is something I need to talk to you about. Something I need to ask you.”

Liz swallowed and tried to remain calm. All she could think of was the last time she heard those words- they were 18, and he told her he had to leave her.

He took her hands in his and stared at them as he tried to find his voice. “Liz, since the first moment I laid eyes on you I knew you were special. It wasn’t until I healed you at the Crashdown that day that I knew why though. When I made that connection with you it was the first time in my life that I ever felt whole. It was like I found a lost puzzle piece that I didn’t know was missing. It was the other half of my soul. It was you.” He paused and took a deep breath before continuing. “The first time you told me you loved me I couldn’t believe it. I still don’t understand why you do, but I thank God every day of my life for that precious gift.” He finally looked up into her eyes just in time to see a tear roll down her cheek. Reaching up, he brushed it away and continued to stroke her cheek with his thumb. “You are my dream come true, Liz. I want to spend the rest of my life trying to make your dreams come true, too.”

“They already have,” she said softly between her tears.

Smiling at her he reached into his pocket; as she saw him withdraw a small black velvet box Liz gasped. “Elizabeth Parker will you make another one of my dreams come true and say you’ll marry me?”

For a split second Liz sat in stunned silence, then she leaped into his arms and sobbed “yes! Yes Max I will marry you!”

They held each other in a crushing hug as Liz continued to cry out her happiness. When they finally broke apart Liz smiled as she looked up to see a tear rolling down his cheek. She reached up and wiped it away before softly kissing him. “I love you Max. Thank you.”

It was his turn to cry now. “No Liz, thank you. For saving me all those years ago, and for loving me today. You are my everything.” He regained some control and then impishly smiled. “So do you want to see the ring or what?”

“Well, I suppose,” she teased.

Liz’s mouth dropped open as he opened the box and removed the ring. It was the most exquisite thing she had ever seen. A large princess-cut diamond set in an antique platinum setting and along the vertical sides of the diamond lay two rows of beautiful emeralds. “Oh my God Max, it’s gorgeous.” His hand shook as he pulled it out of the box and took her hand. He slid it on to her finger and then kissed it. “It pales in comparison to you. I love you so much Liz.”

“And I love you Max.” She leaned in and just before their lips met she whispered “my Max.” Their gentle kisses were reminiscent of the very first one they had shared on her balcony 20 years before. Their feelings flowed between them freely, shutting out everything in the world except each other.

When they finally broke apart they heard clapping and whistling from the stern of the ship. Looking back they saw the crew cheering them on. Bill yelled out “I take it she said yes!” Max flashed a beaming smile and the thumbs-up sign. He turned back to see Liz staring at her ring. “I’m glad you like it. The stones are from Antar.”

“I love it. You know, emeralds are Max’s birth stone.”

“I know, he told me, that’s why I had it made that way.”

“Oh Max,” she said, tearing up again. He pulled her into his side and she once again leaned her head upon his shoulder. After thinking for a moment she said “you asked Max about his birth stone? So he knows about this?”

“Yes, and so does Alex and Maria. It was Alex’s idea to do it on the ship. Maria found out by accident. I thought she was going to behead Alex for not telling her.” They both laughed at the thought. “So I imagine they’ll all be at home waiting for us to arrive.”

“I don’t mind,” said Liz. “I can’t wait to tell the whole world that I’m yours.”

“Me too,” he said as he leaned his cheek against the top of her head. Closing his eyes he let out a sigh 20 years in the making.

They dined at a small Italian restaurant in Little Italy that Maria had suggested. When the owner found out they had just become engaged he brought out the chef and the wait staff and they sang “That’s Amore” to them. The meal was phenomenal, and once again Max made a mental note to properly thank Alex and Maria for all of their help.

When they finally arrived back home they pulled into the driveway to find all of the house lights on and Alex’s car out front. Max laughed as he turned off engine and said, “let the inquisition begin!”

Liz reached over and gently turned his face toward hers. “Not quite yet,” she whispered as she softly kissed him. When they broke apart he leaned his forehead against hers and said, “I love you, Liz Parker-soon-to-be Evans.”

“I love you too, Max Evans-soon-to-be mine.”

“Oh Miss Parker, I’ve been yours since the first time I laid eyes on you.”

She flashed a blinding smile at him and then looked up toward the house and started laughing. “OK, Maria has spotted us; we’d better go in before she comes out here to drag us inside.”

As soon as they stepped inside Maria jumped on them both, hugging the life out of them. Deciding to have a little fun with her Liz said, “what was that for?”

Maria stepped away looking confused. She pointed back and forth between them “you didn’t- you’re not- wait a minute,” she said as she grabbed Liz’s hand. “I knew it! Oh my God, it’s gorgeous! Way to go Max!” Once again she hugged them. “Congratulations. It’s about time.”

“Congratulations guys, I’m very happy for you,” added Alex as he kissed Liz.

“Thank you,” she replied as she looked toward her son nervously. He smiled at her and walked over to hug her also. “Congratulations Mom. I’m happy for you both.” Looking down at her finger he said “wow Dad, great job with the ring. It came out really nice.”

“Thank you baby.” She choked up when he moved on to embrace his father. “Congratulations Dad.” Max also choked up, realizing that this was the first hug they had ever shared. He gave him a hard squeeze and answered “thank you Max.”

“So, sit down, start talking, I want to hear all the details,” chirped Maria. Liz filled them in on all the particulars. When she finished Maria asked, “OK, so when is the wedding?”

“Maria, we haven’t even talked about it yet, I mean, we got engaged 6 hours ago,” replied Liz.

“As soon as possible.” They all turned to look at Max, who had been sitting quietly next to Liz stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. “If that’s OK with you, of course. It’s just that I’ve waited all of my life to marry you and I don’t want to wait one minute longer than necessary.”

Liz melted at his words for the umpteenth time that day. “I don’t want to wait either Max. But,” she said frowning slightly, “it won’t be easy to put something together that fast. I don’t know where we could find a place around here that won’t be booked up. And I really don’t want to get married by a judge or the mayor, if you don’t mind. I want it to be special.”

Max kissed her cheek and said, “I want it to be whatever you want it to be.”

Maria nodded her head. “You’re right Liz. I don’t know where you’ll find a decent place that’s not booked for at least six months. I don’t have any ideas, either.”

Their son cleared his throat and they all turned to look at him.

“I have an idea.”
tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 25

“There it is! We’re here!” Liz was bouncing out of her seat as she pointed to the sign that read “Welcome to Yosemite National Park, Big Oak Flat Entrance.”

Liz had been ecstatic at her son’s suggestion that they marry in Yosemite. They had vacationed there twice and it was hands down their favorite place on earth. When she described the overwhelming natural beauty of the park to Max he eagerly agreed to hold their wedding there. They left a few days after their son’s graduation and brought Maria and Alex along with them. Max had insisted on paying for a vacation for them as a thank you for, as he termed it, ‘a lifetime of being there for Liz and our son’. Yosemite was four hours east of San Francisco, so they rented a separate SUV for them so that after the wedding Maria & Alex could take their son and spend some time in that beautiful city. Liz and Max were going to stay in Yosemite and then travel on to Lake Tahoe, another favorite place of Liz’s. Jim, Amy, and Kyle Valenti had also been invited but were not able to make it, so it was just the five of them making their way to the park.

“Please pull over Max, I want to take a picture of everybody next to the welcome sign.”

“And so it begins,” her son intoned from the back seat.

Max looked at his son in the rear view mirror. “What begins Max?”

“I might as well warn you now Dad; Mom likes to take pictures. Lots and lots and lots of them.”

Liz hopped out of the truck and waived at Alex to park behind them. “Here smart boy, if you don’t want your picture taken then take one of the four of us.” She handed the camera to her son and led the others over to the sign. “Make sure you get it all in Max. And make sure it’s in focus. Don’t get your thumb in the viewfinder…”

“Mom! I can take a picture. Everybody smile,” he called out. After snapping the shot Liz ran over to him. “OK go over there so I can get one with you in it.”

“I knew it,” he mumbled as he walked over to the other three who were laughing at him. “Wait- Mom- why don’t you ask those people if they would get one of all of us,” he said pointing at the couple who were exiting the car parked next to theirs.

Liz turned and the couple readily agreed. Running over to get in the shot she said “good idea Max.”

“Yeah well I just thought it would be faster than having each one of us take a shot so you’d have all the different combinations of people. We could be here for a week.”

“Very funny. Smile or I’ll make them take a whole roll.” They finished posing and moved back to their cars. “OK guys,” said Liz, “ we’re about an hour from Yosemite Valley, but we’ll stop at the scenic overlooks along the way so it will take longer. If you need to use the facilities now is the time to do it.” They finally got underway again and all enjoyed the beautiful ride. As they neared the Valley floor Liz directed Max to Inspiration Point. Climbing out of their cars Max, Alex, and Maria were dumbstruck at the view. Liz and her son smiled as they watched the others stand in awe of what lay out before them. A picture postcard view of Yosemite Valley’s landmarks- El Capitan, Bridalveil Falls, and Half-Dome, all framed by brilliant blue sky and lush green forest. Maria turned to Liz and Max Jr. “Now I know why you two always wanted to come back here.”

“Aunt Maria, this is just the beginning. It only gets better from here.”

They continued on their journey, stopping along the banks of the beautiful Merced River for more pictures. They all had a good laugh at Maria when she insisted on sticking her feet in only to have the bitterly cold water turn her toes blue. “Aunt Maria, it’s melted snow from the mountains. That water is barely above the freezing point.”

“Thanks for the science lesson Junior; now do your Aunt a favor and warm up my feet.” Max placed his hands on her feet for a moment until they returned to a normal color. “Thank you. Now help me climb back up the embankment; I don’t want to break my neck before I see your mother finally get married.”

“Then I suggest we head to the hotel before you decide to shoot some rapids,” teased Liz.

They pulled up to the front of the hotel and Max let out a low whistle. “Great choice guys,” he said to Liz and their son. They were staying at the luxurious, world-renown Ahwahnee Hotel, built in the 1920’s and designed of granite and materials made to replicate redwood. It was meant to blend in with the natural beauty that surrounded it, and contrary to most man-made structures it was able to do just that.

“I can’t wait to see inside; Max and I stayed at Yosemite Lodge both times we were here,” said Liz as they retrieved their luggage from the vehicle. The five of them made their way inside and Max and Alex went to the reception desk to check them in. Max arranged for Liz to take the bridal suite while he shared a room with their son; he wasn’t thrilled about not staying with Liz but as she had pointed out it was only for a few nights and this would give he and their son some alone time together. Liz went with them to see their two rooms and then they all went to find the bridal suite, which was on the top floor of the hotel.

“Wow, Liz, there’s plenty of room for all of us in here,” teased Alex. “Look at the size of that bed.”

“You have to see the tub,” Maria said as she emerged from the bathroom. “It’s an old fashion iron tub with the gold claw feet and old-time faucets; it’s gorgeous and it’s worth a fortune.”

Max and Liz went to look at it. “Hmm, looks big enough for two people,” said Max as he wagged his eyebrows at her.

“Oh what a shame I’m staying alone. I’ll been in here all by myself.” As she turned on her heel as if to leave he grabbed her arm and spun her back around to find her laughing. Just as he always managed to do he turned the tables on her by pulling her tightly against his body and leaning down to run his tongue up her neck to her ear before breathing into it. “And what will you do in here by yourself when you’re thinking of me?” Then he quickly released her and walked back to the others and left her standing there staring at the tub breathing heavily.

“Liz, come on, let’s go walk over and see the church,” called out Maria.

Liz exited the bath determined to get even with Max. Never making eye contact with him she said “good idea Maria, I’d like you all to see it. Let’s go.” They made their way out the door with Liz and Max the last to exit. Just as she was about to go through the doorway Liz stopped. “Oh, I forgot my sunglasses, let me go grab them.” She swung the door shut and before Max knew what was happening, she shoved him up against the adjacent wall and attacked him. As she plundered his mouth with her tongue she reached between his legs and massaged him through his jeans, feeling him quickly harden under her skillful hands. She ripped herself away and looked at him with a devilish grin. “The same thing you want to do right now Max,” she said, answering his earlier question. She grabbed her sunglasses out of her purse and opened the door. “OK I’m ready. But I think Max has to use the bathroom.”

Max remained against the wall staring at the door she had just breezed through trying to collect himself. Finally taking a deep breath he reached for the doorknob. “This is going to be a long couple of days,” he thought to himself.

They all walked across the meadow to see the church where Max & Liz were going to be married. Built in 1879 it was the only remaining structure from the Old Village, and it was the quintessential old-fashioned chapel that Liz had always dreamed of for her wedding. “Liz, it’s adorable,” said Maria as they walked inside the small quaint building.

Liz looked nervously up at Max who still hadn’t said anything since they walked in. “Max, is it OK? Because if you don’t like it we could get married by one of the falls…” He interrupted her with a kiss. “I love it. This is exactly how I always pictured us getting married.” She smiled as she wrapped her arms around his waist and leaned her head on his chest. “Me too.”

Early the next morning Max and Liz met with the minister to set the arrangements for the wedding. While they were planning the ceremony the minister asked them if they wanted him to perform the standard service or if they wanted to recite their own vows. “That might be nice,” Liz said as she looked at Max. “What do you think?”

Max looked at her nervously. “I don’t know Liz. I don’t know what I’d say; I’d probably sound like an idiot, and I want this to be perfect.”

“It’s OK Max, we’ll just let the minister perform the regular service,” she replied. She was trying not to sound disappointed but she understood Max’s fear of public speaking would probably render him tongue-tied.

They decided to hold the ceremony the following evening at twilight so that upon exiting the church they could all enjoy the spectacular view of the granite walls that surrounded the valley bathed in the red glow of the sunset. They would all dine at the Ahwahnee’s five-star restaurant afterward.

Liz and her son proved great tour guides for the others as they spent the rest of the day showing them Mirror Lake, Yosemite Falls, Glacier Point, and the Mariposa Grove of Big Trees. They purchased some sandwiches for dinner and walked to a picnic area on the shore of the Merced River. “This place is heaven on earth,” said Maria as they finished eating. “It’s just overwhelming. I can’t even tell you what I like the best because each place is more beautiful than the last.”

“You’re right babe,” said Alex. “We have you to thank Max, it was your idea for your Mom and Dad to get married here.”

“What can I say, I’d use any excuse to come back here again. And going back to San Francisco is an added bonus, I must say. You guys are going to love it.”

“Sweetie make sure you take them to that Dim Sum restaurant in China Town that we loved,” said Liz as she leaned back against Max’s chest. “Maria you’ll love it. And also take them to Half-Moon Bay so Maria can freeze her toes off in the Pacific Ocean too.” They all laughed as Maria stuck her tongue out at Liz.

“Well if you’re all done making fun of my cold feet, I think we’d better head back. It’s getting dark and we didn’t bring flashlights.”

They walked leisurely through the meadows stopping when they spotted some mule deer feeding. “You can get pretty close to them, remember Mom?” said her son as he silently approached them. Liz was snapping pictures like crazy. She turned and looked at Max excitedly watching their son. She knew he had never encountered nature in such a close-up and personal fashion before, and she smiled as she said yet another internal prayer of thanks that the three of them were experiencing it together. She tapped him on the shoulder and said, “why don’t you go over near him and I’ll get some shots of you both with the deer.” He smiled at her and made his way over near his son who was just a few feet from the animals. As she watched their son quietly tell Max something about the deer a tear escaped down her cheek. Maria smiled, put her arm around Liz’s shoulder and kissed her temple. “It’s just, Maria I never thought that I’d see them…” Liz was too emotional to finish her sentence. “I know chica, I know,” said Maria quietly as she brushed away her own tears of happiness.

“I don’t know about all of you but I’m whooped,” said Alex as they finally arrived back at the hotel. “Oh me too honey,” agreed Maria. “I’m going to sleep like a baby tonight.”

“Good because first thing in the morning we’re going to take the hike to Vernal Falls and it’s pretty intense, so you’re going to need your energy. Sleep well,” Liz said as she kissed them both goodnight.

“I’m going to walk your mother to her room, I’ll be down in a little bit,” Max said to his son as Liz kissed him goodnight.

They exited the elevator and made their way to her suite hand-in-hand. As the key clicked in the lock Liz gave him an innocent look and said, “thank you for escorting me home Mr. Evans,” gave him a peck on the cheek, and started to open the door.

Max placed his hand over hers on the door handle and said with a teasing smile, “that’s it? I came all this way and I don’t even get a real goodnight kiss?”

She turned and encircled his waist with her arms, and continued to look at him with wide innocent eyes. “Well, I don’t think it would be proper. We’re not married yet.”

Max framed her face with his hands as he lost himself in her eyes. “Yeah, it wouldn’t be proper,” he mumbled as he lowered his lips onto hers. They shared a long, sweet kiss, and when he pulled away he leaned his forehead against hers and whispered in awe “by this time tomorrow night we’ll be married!”

“I can’t believe it Max. This all seems like a dream. A beautiful, romantic dream.”

“Well if someone wakes me up I’m going to be really pissed,” he said before kissing her again.

After several more kisses they parted ways. When the door closed each one leaned against it, giddy with love and joy at the thought of their long dreamed of wedding.
tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 26

“Careful Aunt Maria!” Max reached out to steady her as they climbed the steep rock steps up to view Vernal Fall up close.

“I swear I think your mother doesn’t want me to see her get married,” panted out Maria. “Guys, could we take another rest?”

“We’re almost there Maria; trust me, the view is more than worth the effort,” said Liz as she sat down next to her friend.

“I thought the view from the bridge back there was great. And are you sure we have enough time to do this? You’re going to need a few hours to get ready you know.”

“Which is why we left early. We’ll have plenty of time as long as you don’t keep stopping every 15 minutes. Are you ready, we’re almost there, I swear.”

“Sadist,” Maria mumbled as she rose.

A short time later they stood looking out as the falls pounded down onto the rocks below. “Well?” Liz asked Maria.

“Worth every painful step Liz.”

“And you doubted me,” teased Liz.

“No, I doubted my legs being able to hold out. But it is breathtaking.”

“Mom, do you want to take them over to Emerald Pool?”

“Sure, we have plenty of time sweetie. Just a short way down that trail is a place where the river pools before making it to the falls. I thought we could rest there a while before we make the trek back.”

They all agreed and were once again rewarded with a beautiful vista to relax near. Liz and her son were busy pointing out different things to Alex and Maria when Liz noticed Max wasn’t with them. She turned around to find him perched on a rock about 25 yards away watching them. She clasped her hands behind her back as she skipped over to him. “So do you like the view?” she asked with a wide smile as she approached.

“Always.”

“But you’ve never been here before Max,” she said, slightly confused.

“I was referring to you,” he replied, his eyes boring into her.

“Oh.” She blushed slightly as she looked away for a moment. “Really Max, do you like it? Are you glad we came here? To Yosemite, I mean.”

He reached out and pulled her into his arms. “It’s beautiful Liz, I love it. It’s just hard for me to look at other things when I’m with you.”

“Oh Max,” she sighed as her arms went around his neck. “Flattery will get you everywhere.”

“I’ll have to remember that,” he breathed out against her lips before taking them in a hungry kiss.

“Hey! This is a family park you know!”

They broke apart to see Maria walking toward them laughing. “Jeez guys, you’re going to be married in a couple of hours, can’t you control yourselves until then?”

Not letting go of each other they replied simultaneously “no.”

“Well at least you’re honest, I’ll give you that. Seriously, don’t you think we should start back Liz? You want to take a nap and to look your best for Prince Charming here, don’t you?”

“She already does.” Max hadn’t moved his eyes or arms from Liz.

“OK, first of all, gag. Second of all, she’s been dreaming of this day for 20 years Max, I really think she’d like to be showered and not be in jeans and hiking boots.”

Liz continued to smile at him as she answered Maria. “As much as I hate for her to hear me say these words, she’s right Max. I want to look really special for you.”

“You’d look special to me if you were wearing a burlap bag.”

“Max…”

“OK, ok,” he said as he finally released her and hopped off of the rock.

Back at the hotel Maria had Alex bring all of her things up to Liz’s room so they could get ready together. “What are you guys going to do for the next couple of hours?” Maria queried.

“Well Junior said something about renting bikes for a trail ride. As long as I don’t hear the words ‘rock climbing’ I’m in. OK girls, I guess I’ll see you both at the church in a few hours,” he said as he kissed them both goodbye.

“OK chica, let’s get down to business.” The two old friends tried different make-up and hairstyles out on Liz as they talked about old times. As the time passed Liz grew nervous and quiet.

A few hours later Max Jr. knocked on their door to escort them to the church. “Wow Aunt Maria, you look great,” he said as she let him in.

“Thanks handsome, you don’t look so bad yourself. How’s your father holding up?”

“I thought he’d be bouncing off the wall but he’s really calm. It’s almost scary.”

“Well your mother is the opposite of calm right now.”

At that moment a panicked “MARIA!” was heard from the bathroom. “See what I mean?” she said over her shoulder as she went to help with Liz’s latest crisis.

“Liz, it’s fine, don’t worry,” said Maria as she ushered her out of the bathroom.

“Mom.”

Max was speechless; he had never seen his mother look more elegant. She was wearing a dark-champagne colored long sleeveless silk sheath, slit on each side up to her mid-thigh. Covering it was a sheer chiffon floor length overdress with small pearl buttons down the front and tiny hand-embroidered flowers embellishing it. Her hair was pinned up in loose curls and a few tendrils framed her face, and she wore a pearl necklace and earring set he knew belonged to her mother. She looked like a queen.

“What’s wrong, you’re not saying anything. You don’t like my dress? Do I have too much make-up on? Oh god Maria I knew my hair wasn’t right…”

He walked over and took her hands in his. “Mom you look gorgeous.” He leaned down and kissed her on the cheek gently. “I’ve never seen you look more beautiful. You’re going to knock Dad off his feet.”

“Thank you sweetie. God, I never thought I’d be this nervous.”

“Everything’s going to be fine Mom. Dad and Uncle Alex are already at the church. Our ride is waiting for us downstairs. You both look fantastic. There’s nothing to worry about.”

“When did you get so smart?” Liz said as she pulled him into a hug. She looked over to Maria and said “would you give us just a minute ‘Ri?”

“I’ll go call up the elevator,” Maria said as she exited.

Liz looked up into her son’s face. “Max, I want you to know how proud I am of you. Besides being your normal wonderful self, the way you’ve accepted your father, you’ve honored your words to give him a chance and I so appreciate that. Even suggesting that we get married here, a place that was so special to the two of us- you make me so happy Max. Thank you for everything. For just being you. I love you, my beautiful little boy.” Tears rolled down her cheeks as she reached up to kiss him.

“Mom I’m not a little boy anymore.”

“You will always be my little boy. I don’t care how old you are.”

Max’s face reddened a bit and a shy smile spread over his face as he enveloped her in a hug. “Thanks Mommy. And I love you too.”

Pulling back he wiped the tears from her face. “We’d better go before Aunt Maria comes marching back down the hall. Are you ready?”

“I guess as much as I ever will be.”

Much to the surprise of all three Max had arranged for a horse-drawn carriage to carry them to the church.

“Junior give us a hand up please? Boy, your father must have read my mind. A carriage for a queen,” Maria enthused. They settled themselves in and before they knew it they were at the church. Max climbed out and turned to assist the two women. Liz placed her hand on Maria’s shoulder to stop her from exiting. “Max give us a moment please?”

He stepped away and Liz turned and held Maria’s hand.

“Well this is it,” said Maria.

“Yes it is, and I wouldn’t have made it here today without you by my side for the last 20 years ‘Ri. Thank you for being there for Max and me. I don’t kid myself that my son is the amazing person he is today due in large part to you. You’ve been with me during the best and worst times of my life. You are my dearest friend in the whole world and I am so glad you and Alex are here with us. I love you Maria.”

“I love you too Liz.” They hugged each other and when they pulled apart Maria said “OK babe, let’s go get you married.”

Liz took a deep breath and said, “OK.”

In the small office behind the church sanctuary Max sat watching Alex pace the tiny floor. “Alex, you’re making me dizzy.”

“Sorry man. Why aren’t you nervous? You’re making me nervous that you aren’t nervous.”

Max laughed at his babbling. “I’ve been waiting to do this my whole life. I can’t wait.”

The minister opened the door. “Gentlemen I think we’re ready.”

Max and Alex took their places in front of the altar in the chapel, which was decorated with multitudes of white roses and candles, another surprise from Max to Liz. The minister cued the violinist, and as the strains of Vivaldi’s Four Seasons began to sound the door at the back of the church opened and Maria made her way up the short aisle. When she reached them Max spontaneously hugged her. “Thanks Maria. I love you.”

“I love you too Max. Make her happy,” Maria said in a shaky voice. Alex joined hands with her and moved them across from Max as all three turned to watch as the door opened once again.

All air was sucked out of Max’s lungs as his eyes fell on the vision floating up the aisle on their son’s arm. She looked ethereal. Her hair was framing her beautiful face that wore an angelic smile, the shear dress softly flowed around her, her perfect, tiny hands clutched onto the arm of her son. He took it all in, thanking God for the millionth time that day for the blessing of her agreeing to be his wife.

When they reached the altar Max turned to kiss his mother and then hugged her. “Be happy Mom,” he whispered before turning to his father and embracing him also. “Be good to her Dad,” he said as he stepped to his other side.

Max stared into Liz’s eyes as he reached for her hands and kissed them both. Their eyes never left each other’s as the minister began the ceremony.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of this man and this woman in the bands of holy matrimony, a sacrament endowed by God bearing witness of His love for us by blessing the love between us.” He looked at Alex, Maria and Max Jr. “Max and Liz will be reciting traditional wedding vows, but as there are just the three of you present, I’d like to offer you the opportunity to say something to them if any of you would like.”

Alex cleared his throat. “Well, I guess I’ll start. Liz, you’re like a sister to me. You introduced me to the love of my life and for that I will be eternally grateful. You and your son have been family to us, and I love you both very much. Max, I've only known you for a short time but because of the encyclopedia of information Maria has provided me with,” they all began to laugh, “I feel as if I’ve known you much longer. I know how happy you make Liz, and that’s enough for me. I wish you both all the joy in the world.”

“Thank you Alex,” Max and Liz said.

Maria smiled at her husband before she began. “Liz, what can I say to you that you don’t already know. We’ve been friends since we were 5 years old but friends just doesn’t come close to describing our relationship- you are truly my sister. You’ve kept me from going off the deep end more times then I can count. You’ve given me the opportunity to experience the joy of motherhood without the pain of birth.” They all laughed once again. “I always knew that there was only one person who you could share your life with and I am overjoyed that you found each other again. Max, I’ve known you for 20 years and outside of my husband and your son I’ve never known a better man. I’ve never doubted your feelings for Liz. I know you two are meant to be together. I’m looking forward to the four of us growing old together. I love you both very much. Be happy.”

“Thanks Maria,” they said, smiling at her.

All eyes moved to their son. “Well I guess that leaves me. Mom, you know how I feel about you. All I’ve ever wanted was for you to be happy, and it’s obvious to anyone who sees you two together that you’ve found that in each other. Dad, I guess I don’t need to tell you how lucky you are to have her. She’s been the most wonderful mother and I know she’ll be a great wife. As I’ve come to know you I’ve realized that you love her very much and that’s all I can ask for. I love you both, and I’m glad that we’ve become a family.”

As he spoke his last sentence Liz broke down into sobs. Max also had tears in his eyes as the three of them hugged, trying to calm Liz. He couldn’t find his voice so he connected with them both.

// I love you too son. Thank you both for letting me love you, for letting me live again. //

This just made Liz cry harder, so it took a few minutes before the ceremony could continue. Max and Liz asked Alex, Maria, and their son to read the psalm and scripture passages they had selected, and then the minister began the vows.

“Max, please repeat after me. I, Maxwell Philip Evans, take you, Elizabeth Claudia Parker, to be my wife, for richer for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love, honor, and cherish all the days of my life, so help me God.” Max intoned the vows as he gazed into Liz’s eyes, his voice choked with emotion.

“Now Liz, please repeat after me. I, Elizabeth Claudia Parker…” Liz recited the vows just as Max had to her, her voice barely above a whisper as tears continued to roll down her cheeks.

“May I please have the rings?” asked the minister. Their son handed him two plain wedding bands; Liz’s was platinum, and Max’s was gold. It was the wedding ring her mother had given her father 40 years before. Liz’s had been inscribed ‘I am my beloved’s’ and Max’s read ‘and my beloved is mine’, from the bible verses in the Song of Solomon. The minister blessed them and then held them up for all to see. “A circle has no beginning and no end- it is infinite, symbolizing God’s love for us. May your love be as perfect and infinite as these unbroken circles.”

Handing Liz’s ring to Max he said, “Max, repeat after me as you place the ring on Liz’s finger. ‘With this ring I thee wed. I pledge to you my heart and soul for all eternity.” Max was barely able to speak as he followed the instructions. Liz was next, repeating the same vows. They gripped each other’s hands as the minister continued.

“Then by the power invested in me by the State of California and ordained by God, I hereby pronounce you man and wife. May you share in the bounty of God’s love and have a long, happy life together.”

“Thank you,” they both said.

“And now Mr. Evans, you may kiss your bride.”

It was two badly shaking hands that moved to frame her face. Smiling through her tears Liz reached up and covered them with her own before they shared a sweet kiss and a fierce embrace.

“Ladies and gentlemen, may I present Maxwell and Elizabeth Evans,” said the minister as he smiled at them all.

“Oh, you guys,” was all Maria could say through her own tears as she stepped forward to hug them.

Alex and Max Jr. hugged them both, and after thanking the minister the five made their way outside to the carriage. It took them to the Sentinel Bridge to enjoy the spectacular display of the sunset bathing the mountain walls surrounding the valley in beautiful red light. Max Jr., Alex, and Maria climbed out of the carriage to walk over to stand on the bridge to view the light effects on Half-Dome, leaving Max and Liz alone in the carriage.

Liz tucked herself under his arm as she leaned into him and rested her arm across his chest. His arm encircled her shoulder and his hand played in her hair as the other tilted her face up to look at him. His fingers gently moved over her face and down her throat as they silently lost themselves in each other, the same thought ringing out in both of their minds.

// I love you I love you I love you I love you //

Liz caressed his face a moment before saying, “kiss me Mr. Evans.”

With a brilliant smile he replied, “with pleasure Mrs. Evans,” and dipped his head down to capture her lips.

After a moment she pulled away and giggled. “I’m Mrs. Evans now!”

“Yes, you are,” he said almost reverently. “I’m so happy Liz.”

“Me too,” she murmured as she pulled him down for another kiss.

“Don’t mind me, just want to grab my camera,” Maria’s voice filtered in. “As hard as it will be to pry yourselves apart you really should come and look at this view. Half-Dome is glowing red; it’s gorgeous.” She walked back to where Alex and their son were admiring the sight.

“She’s right Max, you really should see it, it’s so beautiful.”

“We’re going to be here for three more nights, right?”

“Yes…”

“Well, I don’t think the mountain is going to go anywhere,” he said with a smirk before taking her lips again.
tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 27A

“Oh my GOD this is the most incredible cake I have ever eaten! Great choice Liz.” Maria was complimenting her on the Italian cake with cannoli cream filling that Liz had selected for their small wedding cake.

“I didn’t think they could top dinner but this cake is unreal,” agreed Max Jr. They had all enjoyed a fantastic dinner at the Ahwahnee’s award winning restaurant and were now feasting on the delicious cake.

“While my wife is enjoying her cake orgy I might as well give you guys our gift,” said Alex as he handed Liz a card.

“You didn’t have to get us anything, just you both being here was enough for us,” said Max earnestly as Liz opened the envelope. A slip of paper fell out onto the floor and Max bent to retrieve it. “It’s a page from a calendar,” he stated as he handed it to Liz.

Liz looked at it questioningly, then at Maria. “One of the Saturday’s is circled?”

“Yes. That’s the day all five of us are going to the City to see The Producers on Broadway and to Tavern on the Green for dinner.”

“I’m dying to see The Producers! But how did you get tickets, it’s sold out for almost the next two years,” Liz asked.

Maria smiled. “I used your son’s connections. Bob’s dad does the promo work for a few of the shows and that is one of them. He also got us passes to go backstage after the show to meet the actors.”

“Wow, this is great, thank you both so much,” Max said as he kissed Maria on the cheek.

“Dad you’re going to love Tavern on the Green too; it’s in Central Park and it’s really cool. And the lobster risotto is just about the best thing I’ve ever eaten,” his son told him.

“Thank you both, you really shouldn’t have gone to so much expense,” admonished Liz.

“It is our pleasure; I’m glad you like it,” said Maria.

“Well, I guess I should give you guys my gift now,” said her son.

“Max I didn’t want you to spend your money on a gift, it wasn’t necessary,” protested Liz.

“Well actually I didn’t spend any money. It kind of involves you spending money. I’ve decided where I’m going to go to college.”

Liz had been holding Max’s hand and at her son’s words her grip tightened and she unconsciously dug her nails into his palm. He winced slightly and connected with her trying to calm her.

// Liz, it’s OK, we’ll deal with it together, whatever his decision is. // He ran his free hand up and down her arm in a soothing manner as he addressed his son. “What have you decided Max?”

“Well, my choices were limited by my wanting to major in astronomy. I had narrowed it down to University of New Mexico, UC Berkeley outside of San Francisco, a school in Colorado, and Riverton.”

Maria looked over at Liz whose face was a study in anxiety. She hoped what he was about to tell them wasn’t going to ruin Liz’s perfect wedding day.

“I gave it a lot of thought. I love San Francisco so Berkeley would be cool, and I love to ski so Colorado would be great too. I ruled out UNM quickly; my last visit to New Mexico was enough to last me for a while. The only real plus for Riverton was that it is close to home. So I figured that I should base my decision on what I like, on what’s important to me. And when I did that the choice was easy.”

Liz had gone pale as he listed schools so far from their East Coast home. Her worst fear- well, one of her worst- was coming true. He wanted to leave her and go far away from her protection. Once again Max’s voice floated into her head. // It’s OK baby, it’s OK. //

“The most important thing in my life has always been the same. It’s you Mom; it’s my family. I’ve always wanted a father and now I have one, and I don’t want to leave when we’re just starting to get to know each other. So I’ve decided to go to Riverton.”

He had a broad smile on his face as he finished but it quickly turned to concern when Liz burst out sobbing. “Mom, I’m sorry, I thought you’d be happy.”

She turned and drew him into a hug as she choked out the words “I am, I am.”

“I am too Max,” said his father. “Very, very happy.”

“I told you he’d go to Riverton Liz,” said Maria. “I knew you’d choose with your heart Junior. You made the right decision.”

Liz regained her composure and kissed him on the cheek. “Thank you baby. And I know you won’t regret your choice; Riverton is a great school. And I happen to know that the new astronomy professor is exceptionally good,” she added with a wink toward Max.

Later on Max and Liz walked Alex, Maria and their son back to their rooms to say goodbye. They were leaving early in the morning to head to San Francisco and Maria wanted to go to the Napa Valley first.

“Oh, I am so glad that you both were here with us. I couldn’t have gotten married without you,” Liz said as she hugged Alex.

“Yes you could have, it just wouldn’t have been as much fun,” he said as he hugged her back. “Enjoy the rest of your vacation Max,” he added as he shook his hand. “And thanks again for ours. It’s been great.”

“My pleasure Alex; and Liz is right, without you two with us it wouldn’t have seemed right. Thanks for everything.”

Maria kissed Liz and gave her an extra long hug, then grabbed Max to hug him also. “Thank you both for inviting us. Everything was beautiful.”

“Enjoy San Francisco,” Liz said as they exited. “And we’ll see you when we get back.”

They walked their son across the hall and went into his room, Liz holding his hand tightly. He sensed she was a little tense and he had an idea why, so he spoke up first. “Mom I’ll be fine with Aunt Maria and Uncle Alex. No wandering off, no hocus pocus, I promise.”

“I know, I know, but this is the third time in as many months that you’ve gone somewhere without me. I’m still not use to it.”

“We’ll check in every day. And you know Aunt Maria; no one is going to mess with her, so I think we’ll be safe. It’ll be OK Mom.”

“I know baby,” she said as she hugged him. “I guess I’m just going to have to accept the fact that you’re grown up now, huh.” She kissed both his cheeks and then held both of his hands. “Well, have a good time in San Francisco. I’ll miss you.” She kissed him again, then stepped away so he could say goodbye to his father.

“Have a great time in San Francisco Max; have fun with Maria and Alex. And thanks for everything. I love you,” said his father as he gave him a kiss and a warm hug.

“Thanks Dad, I know we will. I can’t wait to see Aunt Maria loose at Ghiardelli Chocolate.”

Liz laughed. “Oh honey, take pictures for me, please.” She stepped up and kissed him again. “I love you Max. We’ll see you at home in a week.”

“I love you guys too. Enjoy your vacation.” He walked them to the door and let out a sigh as it closed behind them. If someone had told him six months ago that he would be sending his mother and real father off on their honeymoon and would be happy about it, he would have said they were on drugs. But here he was, smiling at the thought of how happy his mom looked today and how good it made him feel inside to see that. And to say he was surprised at how easily he had taken to his father was an understatement. He genuinely liked him, but the main reason it had been easy to accept him was the way he treated his mother- like a queen, just as she deserved. He began to pack up his things, still smiling about his family, finally a completed circle, just as he’d always wanted.
-----------
DING!

The elevator doors slid open and no one stepped out. The bell sounded again for the doors to close. A muffled sound from the back corner of the elevator could be heard: “Max, the door.”

Liz had attacked him as soon as they had boarded and currently they were entwined, greedily kissing the daylights out of each other. “Max, we’re here,” she said, finally pulling away.

He turned to see the open doors and then looked back at her. “Oh.”

“I think we should get off now.” She was giggling at his dazed expression.

“OK,” he said as he gave her a goofy smile and then picked her up.

“Max! What are you doing?” She was still laughing as he made his way down the hall to their suite.

“I’m carrying you over the threshold.”

“I think they mean the threshold to the room, not the elevator,” she teased.

“Are you complaining, Mrs. Evans?”

“Not at all, Mr. Evans,” she mumbled as she began to kiss his neck.

“Now Mrs. Evans, if you keep that up we’ll never make it inside the room, and we don’t want to get asked to leave the hotel for lewd behavior in the hallway, do we?” They had reached their destination and without releasing her he opened the door with his powers and stepped inside the dark room.

“The light switch is behind you Max.”

“Don’t need it,” he replied as he snapped his fingers. The fireplace roared to life and candlelight bathed the room in a soft glow. Everywhere she looked she saw the white roses that had been in the church.

“Max, how, when…”

“I had someone from the hotel bring the flowers and candles over after the ceremony.”

“You just thought of everything, didn’t you,” she said as she stroked his cheek. “So, do you have any more surprises in store for me, my wonderful husband?”

“You never know,” he said as he slowly moved toward the bed. He set her down on it and caressed her face a moment before walking across the room and rummaging through his suitcase.

“Um, Max? What are you doing way over there?”

He located a finely wrapped package and made his way back and sat down next to her on the bed. “I wanted to give you your wedding present.”

Grinning at him, she turned and opened the drawer to the nightstand next to the bed and withdrew a package for him. “Then I guess I should give you this now.”

“Open yours first, Liz.”

She smiled at him as she tore open the paper. She opened the box and pulled out a closed picture frame. She opened it up and gasped as Max peered over her shoulder. Inside the beautiful frame were two black and white photos facing each other. The one on the left was of Max and Liz taken when they were young back in Roswell. Max was sitting on the ground with his legs stretched out in front of him, his arms wrapped around Liz’s waist as she sat on his lap. They were gazing at each other and had never noticed Maria snapping the picture. The other was taken very recently on a day that they had all gone to the beach. It was Max and his son with Liz in between them, her arms around each of them as they laughed at something. They looked so happy and natural in the photo. They looked like a family.

Liz’s eyes began to water as she ran her hands over the pictures. “Oh Max, I love it. Thank you so much.”

“Do you like the frame? Max and I made it.”

“You made it?” She was incredulous at the thought. “It’s beautiful.”

Max chuckled. “Well, he was disappointed when I went to a jeweler to pick out a setting for your ring; he wanted me to make it and teach him how also. So when I thought about giving you the pictures, I asked him if he wanted to help me design and make a frame. He was very enthusiastic, I must say. He came up with the whole design.”

“I love it, and I love you. Thank you.” She kissed him lightly and then picked up his gift and handed it to him.

He removed the wrappings and box top to find a double picture frame. “I guess great minds think alike,” joked Liz. He opened the antique silver frame and his eyes widened at the photos. On the left were Isabel, Michael, and Max at the Crashdown in a rare unguarded moment. Michael and Isabel were sitting at the counter laughing and Max was standing in-between their stools smiling down at them. A bottle of Tabasco sauce was in the middle of the counter. On the right was a picture of Liz and their son at his recent graduation. She was sitting on his lap wearing his cap and tassel, and in his hand was a key chain she had given him as a joke graduation gift. It was a small rubber bottle of Tabasco.

“Max, I realize how hard it must be for you to be without them,” she said as she laid her head on his shoulder and ran her hand over the image of the three alien teenagers. “I mean, they were your family. So I wanted you to have a picture of them and of your new family, of all the people who love you. I know you had to give up a lot to be here with us, and I want you to know how thankful I am for that Max. I love you.”

He set the frame down on the floor and turned to take her hands, tears flowing freely down his face. “Liz, I know you wanted us to recite our own vows but I, I just couldn’t, I knew I’d be to emotional, and I didn’t want to screw it up. But I want to tell you now what I would have said.” Her eyes grew large and shiny as she nodded her head slightly, urging him to continue. “You think that I gave up a lot to be here with you, and with Max, but that’s not true Liz. Yes, I will miss Isabel and her family very much. I lost Michael a few years ago; no matter where I am I will always feel that pain. They will always have a very special place in my heart. But Liz, without you I’m just a wind-up robot, surviving life instead of living it. You are my heart Liz; you are what makes me alive. To think that you waited for me for all those years, FOR ME, I still can’t believe it. And that you had my son,” his voice broke completely at the mention of Max Jr. and it took a moment for him to calm down. “That you had my son, and raised him to be such an incredible person, I could never thank you enough for that precious gift. What I gave up to be here was 18 years of abject loneliness and heartache. What I gained was everything. I gained you.”

Her head was bent, staring down at their joined hands as she listened to his profession of love. He released her hands and cupped her face, gently tilting it up so he could look at her. His thumbs slowly swept over her cheeks as he continued. “Elizabeth Claudia Parker Evans, I love you with all my heart and soul. I promise to spend each day of the rest of our lives together trying to make you as happy as you’ve made me.” Her tears finally fell from her eyes as his voice dropped to a whisper, choked with emotion. “I could never put into words how much I love you, Liz. Please let me show you.”

With that he tugged her face closer and lowered his lips onto hers, barely brushing across them to get a subtle taste of her. He began kissing her oh so slowly and gently as he lifted her onto his lap, then ran both hands up her body to her hair where he played with the loose tendrils. She brought her arms up around his neck and ran one hand up into his hair to urge him to deepen the kiss, but he kept lazily sucking on her lips, holding off until he finally could open his vault of emotions and show her everything contained within.

The tidal wave of love, desire, and admiration unleashed was so tremendous she felt as though she’d been physically hit and she pulled slightly away as she gasped. Max wanted, needed, her to see all, so he immediately rejoined them, this time taking her mouth more forcefully as they both shared in the visions dancing all around them.

Max spotting her as she played when he climbed off the school bus the first day of third grade. His childhood fascination with her turning into a crush as he matured. Him going out of his way in high school to glimpse her in the hallways; studying her when she was absorbed in one of their lab projects; fantasies of him asking her on a date and her accepting. The dance he did around his room after returning home from their first kiss; the awe and love he felt the first time they made love. His total devastation at being separated from her and the years of loneliness that haunted him afterward. The surge of electricity he felt when he saw her again for the first time at the University and his happiness at finding out they had a son. The overwhelming joy she gave him when she said she would marry him and the sense of total peace and completion when she said ‘I do’ at their wedding ceremony. Throughout all of the scenes she felt his deep love and gratitude for her acceptance and love.

As the visions faded she ended their kisses and leaned her forehead against his, trying to catch her breath and absorb all she had just experienced. After a moment she lifted her head and looked at him with so much love he couldn’t breathe.

“Max, I want you to see, too,” she whispered as she leaned in and began to kiss him again.

Their connection reversed and he saw her heart open to him. At first the same basic image played out several times over. It was Maria telling Liz that Max was staring at her, all at different times over the years. With each one he felt her disbelief that someone so perfect and gorgeous could even be registering that she, plain ol’ Liz Parker, science geek, was alive. He felt her confusion after he had healed her, not understanding what had happened to her but comprehending that on some level she had been changed. He felt her mix of disbelief and happiness after he had connected with her the first time and revealed his true feelings for her, and the tingles that ran up and down her spine when he told her she was his dream girl. He was awed at her complete love and trust the first time they made love, and a pain shot through him at the desolate feelings of loss she experienced when he left her. The joy she had at the birth of her son was tinged by her sorrow that he and her parents were not there to greet him as he entered the world. When she realized he had returned she was so immensely happy, and he felt her amazement that he would still want her. Her giddiness at his proposal thrilled him, a feeling surpassed only by the realization that she experienced the same sense of total peace and completion that he had when he said ‘I do’ at their wedding. Throughout all the visions a torrent of love streamed forth from her, and he held her tightly not to be swept away.

Their kisses ended and they gazed at each other in silence, both overwhelmed by the emotions that had just coursed through them. Gentle caresses soon began; fingers lightly skimmed over cheeks, throats, and lips as unspoken thoughts of love continued between them.
tazno
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by tazno »

CHAPTER 27B

The hand Max had wrapped around Liz’s waist that held her on his lap began to run up and down her side as the other began to work to open the tiny buttons on the chiffon overdress. She stilled his hand and softly said “allow me.” She slowly ran a hand down the front of her dress and one by one the buttons popped open. She returned her hand to his face. “I’ve been practicing.”

“So you have,” he said as he turned his face so his lips were touching her palm. He placed a gentle kiss on it, then moved to lovingly kiss each finger. Her hand lingered over his lips and she traced them slowly, her eyes following the path of her fingers. She leaned in and he awaited the feeling of her lips on his, only to be pleasantly surprised to feel her tongue instead, slowly retracing the path her fingers had taken. He parted his mouth and she slipped her tongue inside as she began to gently kiss his lips, taking her time to fully enjoy the taste of him.

Max did not remain idle as she slowly made love to his mouth. He raised his hands and removed the pins in her hair, glorying in the feel of it tumbling down around them as they were still connected at the mouth. One hand moved up to slide through her silk tresses as the other found the slit in her dress. He ran his fingertips from the top of the slit on her thigh to below her knee and then slowly back up, over and over. Liz began to squirm slightly at the feeling of his caresses, and as he increased his tempo she deepened her kisses. When she involuntarily raised her knee his hand slid up the underside of her thigh and then out again. She broke away from his lips and reached for his hand; after placing a kiss on the back of it she removed herself from his lap and reached for his hands to pull him into a standing position. She led him directly across the room, stopping behind a chair positioned in front of the crackling fire.

“I think we have too many clothes on,” she whispered as she smiled up at him. He allowed her to take control as he felt her hands on his abs and then gliding up over his chest and outward to his shoulders. She pushed his suit jacket slightly off and then walked around to stand behind him and removed it completely. After neatly laying it over the back of the chair she ran her hands over his back before moving around to his front. “Did I tell you how good you look in this sweater?” she said, her eyes following the path of her hands as they slid over the soft material that covered his body.

He chuckled slightly. “I should hope so, you bought it for me.” It was a fine gauge knit black silk Armani and it fit his beautiful body like a glove.

“Well, what can I say, I have great taste in clothes…and in men,” she breathed out before her arms wound around his neck and she pressed her body into his as she kissed him again.

He ran his hands up over her arms and dislodged them causing them to separate. “I believe you said WE had too many clothes on,” he said with a twinkle in his eye. He carefully removed the shear dress and following her lead placed it neatly over the chair, then he reached out and firmly pulled her flush against his body. “God Liz, you look so gorgeous,” he growled before diving in and taking her lips in a hungry kiss. He lifted his mouth from hers and moved down her jaw line to her ear. “So impossibly gorgeous,” he said as his tongue began to travel down her neck to the junction of her shoulder, and not being able to help himself, he bit into it and then laved the mark with his tongue.

Liz’s breathing quickened at his actions and she pulled him away from his attentions. “Still too many clothes.” This time it came out choked as she tried to keep from sinking under his spell too quickly. She tugged the sweater out of his pants and pushed it up his body, then with his assistance pulled it over his head. It dropped onto the floor in a heap and he laughed again. “You’re getting messy now.”

“Chair’s too far away,” she answered as her hands returned to his body to caress his chest. Her lips followed to taste the silken skin, taut over the iron of his muscles. After thoroughly covering his front she moved around to his back and repeated her kissing, nipping and licking of every inch of skin until she heard his breath beginning to shorten. As she moved back around to his front he grabbed her and pulled her up for another demanding kiss. She reached between them and loosened his belt; then before he knew what had happened she had undone his zipper and his pants fell down to his ankles, startling him slightly and causing him to break the kiss. She kneeled down and nudged him to step out of the pants, then moved them to the side before she removed his footwear. As she slowly stood she trailed her hands up his legs, over the silk of his boxers, and up his torso. “Much better,” she said as her hands once again reached around his neck.

He arrested their movement and returned her arms to her sides. “I do believe that you are still over dressed, Mrs. Evans.” He followed her motions, kneeling down and running his hands lightly up her legs under the silk material of the sheath. He rose slowly, his hands dragging up her body pulling the dress up until he gingerly brought it over her head. He carefully straightened out the material and laid it over the chair with the rest of the clothing. He turned back to her to find her beaming at him.

“Thank you Max.”

“I know better than to leave your wedding dress in a pile on the floor,” he teased. He raked his eyes down her body as he registered what she was now wearing. A creamy beige lace teddy cut high on her hips left little to his imagination, and her legs were encased in thigh-high stockings the same color. She stood in her high heels, hair tussled from his handiwork, eyes dark with desire, and he felt every muscle in his body tighten.

“Liz…” It was all he could croak out as he once again took her in his arms and sought out her mouth. Their kisses were voracious as Liz began to rub her body insistently against him. He ripped himself away from her lips, picked her up, and quickly carried her over to the bed. The covers were moved with a waive of his hand and she kicked off her shoes as he gently placed her down and followed her onto the sheets, then began kissing her like a drowning man dying of thirst. Liz’s mind was swimming at the intensity of his kisses yet she couldn’t get enough of him.

// I’ll never be able to get enough of you, Liz. //

His heated voice in her mind answered her desire and she moaned softly into his mouth. Her hands began wandering over his back in a downward motion, and when she dipped them under the waistband of his boxers he froze.

“No, Liz,” he panted out as he moved her hands to the sides of her body. He sensed her confusion and leaned over to quickly kiss her, then pulled back and gave her a look that made her feel like she was going to spontaneously combust. “I want tonight to be all about you.”

Her soft gasp was muffled as his lips came down on hers again, gently this time as he tried to slow them down, wanting to take his time in savoring every part of her.

He began by sweeping his lips down her throat, pausing to dip his tongue in the hollow at the base before placing kisses across her chest. One hand skimmed down the outside of her torso, then traveled back up over her stomach to cup a breast as his mouth found it at the same time. He placed soft kisses over the top before snaking out his tongue to find her lace-covered nipple; as he brought it to a hard peak she pushed a hand into his hair and sighed. Moving to the side he left his hand to fondle her and dragged his mouth over to her other breast and began to wet the material with his ministrations.

“Max…” The soft sigh of his name escaped her lips as he moved his attentions down the center of her torso. She tensed as she readied herself for his touch, but he purposefully avoided her sensitive area and moved his mouth across her hips to the edge of the teddy where he slipped his tongue under the lacy edge. The feel of the rough lace and her satin skin combined undid him another notch. He couldn’t help himself as he branded her hip and possessively thought // you’re mine…you’ll always be mine…no one else can touch you this way…no one else can hear your moans…my Queen…//

Liz realized the irony of her feelings at the moment. She considered herself fiercely independent and self-sufficient; she had had to be; yet her answer to his thoughts turned her on in a way she would never have imagined possible. // Yes Max…I’m yours…whatever you want…forever yours…//

He groaned loudly at her response and began kissing his way down to the top of her stocking. Sitting back on his knees, he hooked his thumbs under the band at the top and slowly began to remove it as he extended his free fingers out and allowed them to lightly drag down her leg. He pulled the nylon off her leg and tossed it on the floor, then picked up her other foot and started kissing his way up that leg to the top of the stocking. He removed it in the same fashion and then moved over her again. Her hands sprang up and speared into his hair as she received his delicious kisses, and they remained there as his lips began to once again travel down her silken throat to find the edge of the teddy.

“Liz,” he groaned out as his hands began to slowly pull the straps down her arms and her breast became exposed. He left the garment bunched at her waist as his hands gently surrounded and massaged one breast; then not being able to wait any longer he dropped his mouth over the soft pink nipple and sucked hard. Her eyes clamped shut and her back arched as he began to tongue her quickly. When she felt his hand move down between her legs and apply pressure she couldn’t contain her moans.

“Max…”

He held his hand motionless as she instinctively moved her hips slowly up and down while she continued to softly moan out his name. He licked his way over to her other breast and then danced around the nipple before taking it in his teeth and tugging gently.

“Max…” This time it was said in frustration as he removed his hand from her heat. He brought his head up and kissed her long and deep, and when he pulled away she was dizzy from once again receiving his feelings of love and desire. He lifted up and taking the teddy in his hands he pulled it completely off of her body. Starting at her toes his eyes glided up her body slowly until they came to her lips, which were slightly parted as she panted for air. He bent down and began to trace them with his tongue as he moved himself over her. She reached up and tried to pull him down on top of her but he resisted, and as he took her lips in a sensuous kiss he heard once again the sound of his name uttered in frustration in his mind.

“All in due time, my love,” he breathed out as his mouth began another slow torturous decent down her body. As his lips neared her center she tensed in anticipation, and when she finally felt his intimate kisses she gripped the sheets to keep from vaulting off of the bed. He took his time, tasting her thoroughly, delighting in the motion of her hips and the sounds of pleasure she made. When he finally began lapping at her clit she went wild, twisting her body and uncontrollably moaning his name. The room could have burst into flames at that moment but he wouldn’t have noticed- he knew nothing else but her pleasure as he plowed his tongue into her, driving her to her release. Suddenly she bent her knees, drew her legs up and twisted the sheets as her body arched off the bed and she cried out his name over and over as she came with a vengeance.

She continued to purr out in pleasure as the convulsions shook her for several minutes. She hadn’t even realized that Max had moved up over her again until the weight of his body pressed her into the mattress. She felt his soft lips gently caress her earlobe, neck, move up her jaw, until he finally found her mouth and began planting soft kisses around it. The force of her orgasm left her unable to move any part of her body other than her mouth, so they lay together trading gentle kisses until she regained the ability to lift her shaking arms and embrace him. As she shifted her body slightly she felt his erection sheathed in the silk of his boxers, and she slid her hands down and under the waistband.

“What are these still doing on?” she asked in a deep, husky voice as she tried to push them off of his body. He quickly finished removing them and returned to her mouth, kissing her deeply. Once again feeling his hardness against her body she reached between them and surrounded him with her hand. They moaned into each other’s mouth as she began stroking him in synchronization with the movements of their tongues, each one experiencing the intense desire of the other through their connection.

They parted for air and in a desperate voice she moaned, “Max, please, I need you.”

Being devoid of any further control, he immediately moved his hands to the back of each knee and pulled her legs up and apart as he swiftly and forcefully entered her, both of them crying out in relief. He managed to hold himself still for a moment until her heavily lidded eyes found his and he ground out “I’ll always need you, Liz.”

“Uuuhhh, Max,” was her reply as he began to move inside of her. Wanting to prolong the euphoria for as long as possible he would slowly pull out, then plunge into her fully and pause a few seconds as he registered her responses. She was quickly out of control again, thrusting her hips and leaving her mark on whatever piece of his skin she could reach.

“Mmmaaaxxx…oh please…more…I want more…”

With a loud moan he abandoned all thoughts of taking her slowly and gently and began thrusting into her deep, fast, and hard. Her hands gripped his backside as she tried to push him into her farther while she moaned out her approval.

“Yes Max…yes…oh god, yes, yes…”

Her loud encouragement and the feeling of her warm moistness gloving him as he pumped into her was driving him into a frenzy. He snaked one arm across her back to grip her shoulder and wrapped the other around her waist as he ground into her body, wanting to fill her in every way possible. He felt her spiraling out of control so he moved his mouth next to her ear and gave her a breathless command.

“Cum for me my Liz. I want to watch you cum because of what I’m doing to you.”

With another slam into her body she exploded, screaming his name as she clamped down on him, her body releasing its hot liquid as he rapidly drove into her completely unrestrained. The feeling of her walls forcefully engulfing him when they contracted as he pistoned in and out, making her continue to cum, was mind blowing. Suddenly through the sexual fog in his mind her heard her voice, shaking with passion.

// Join me, my Max. //

With a loud cry of her name his orgasm ripped through him. Their bodies still moved together, unable to release themselves from the ecstatic rhythm that had given them so much joy and pleasure. When their motions finally ceased he collapsed on top of her, both of them gasping for air.

As he floated back into reality he jerked his head up to look at her when he registered the degree to which he’d lost control. Her head had rolled to one side and one hand was shoved into her hair. Her eyes were closed and soft whimpers escaped her parted lips as fading tremors continued to pulse through her body. Guilt pierced him as he took her face in his hands, caressing it until he saw her eyelids begin to flutter open.

In a tender voice he asked, “Liz are you OK? I’m so sorry, I wanted to be slow, I didn’t want…”

With Herculean strength she lifted an arm and brought a finger to his lips to stop him. In a low voice, sated with pleasure she answered him. “I wanted, Max. And it was amazing.”

A half-smile graced his lips but his eyes still showed concern. “Are you sure? God, I didn’t hurt you, did I?” He began moving one hand down her body to check for himself, but she intercepted it and brought it up to her lips. She placed a kiss on it before nestling it over her heart. “Never doubt how well you love me Max.” Then her eyes suddenly grew large and their vulnerable look was translated to her voice. “I love you.”

Gathering her into his arms he began to plant warm, wet kisses over any section of skin not covered by his body. His rich, loving voice rang out in her heart immediately.

// You own my heart, Liz. I will love you forever- and then some. //

“Me too, Max,” she sighed as she curled into his warm body and they both drifted off to sleep, filled with dreams of their future together as man and wife.
=====

Liz stepped out of the bathroom and quietly made her way back to the bed. Standing by the side she gazed at the sleeping form of her husband, his features just visible in the early light of dawn.

A giddy smile spread over her face and she put her head in her hands as she shook it back and forth. ‘No, you’re not dreaming Liz,’ she thought. ‘You really did marry the love of your life yesterday!’

Thoughts of their perfect wedding day filled her mind. How beautiful he had made everything, the happiness they’d shared with those they loved most, the joy she had felt when he said ‘I do’.

Thoughts of their incredible wedding night soon followed and she felt herself flush as she recalled his magical lovemaking. He fulfilled her every desire and did it all so selflessly, with so much tenderness, passion, and thoroughness, it was making her body hum at the memory.

Max’s eyes flew open when he awoke and realized that Liz wasn’t next to him in bed. He relaxed when he saw her standing there watching him intently. “Good morning, my beautiful wife. What are you doing way over there all by yourself?” he said in deep, sleepy voice as he reached out for her to rejoin him under the covers.

“I was just thinking about fire,” she said as she continued to look at him.

“Fire? Are you cold? I’ll start another one, baby,” he said as he sat halfway up and extended his arm, intending to re-ignite the fireplace.

She grabbed his arm and pushed him back down on the bed and climbed on top of him. “That’s not the fire I was referring to,” she said seductively before capturing his lips in a hot good morning kiss.

His arms surrounded her and he began tracing patterns down her back as she moved her lips down his strong jaw line toward his ear. When she felt his hands moving in toward her center, she reached down and pulled them off her body and moved them over his head.

“If last night was about me, then this morning is about you.”

It was his turn to gasp as she set about kissing him senseless. She rubbed her body on his, knowing how the feel of their nipples brushing against the other’s turned him on, and smiled into his mouth as she heard his answering moan.

“I want every inch of you to know how much I love you, my perfect husband,” she breathed out as her mouth began to sample the taste of his golden skin and her mind sent him her thoughts on how to pleasure him.

“Oh Liz…” Max’s head was swimming at the lustful scenarios she was throwing at him and his body was rapidly responding to her sensual movements. He registered her tongue on his neck, his chest, and licking at his nipples. He felt her velvet lips slowly move down his tight stomach as the sensation of her hair trailing over his chest sent him flying.

He was in heaven, pure and simple. He knew that no matter how long they were together, the awe he felt at her wanting, needing him would not abate. That she desired his touches, his kisses, in the most intimate way as much as he did would never cease to amaze him, or as the case was at the moment, make his blood boil and his body hard.

“Ha-uh” was the sound that escaped him as he exhaled and inhaled quickly at the feel of her sleek hair being slowly dragged over his genitals as she settled herself between his legs. She tossed back her head and looked up at him. Pleased at his reaction, she licked her lips and gave him a sultry smile as she began to flutter the tips of her fingers up and down his arousal.

“I want to make you feel as good as you made me feel, Max.”

He groaned as he watched her head descend and his body tensed as he readied for her assault. Another groan slipped out and his eyes rolled shut as her lips touched his tip. She snaked out her tongue and ran it around the rim before taking him into her mouth. Both hands encircled the base and she began stroking him as she worked her mouth up and down his hard shaft, delighting in his moans. The faster she moved the more he squirmed, and when she sensed his release nearing she reached down to his sensitive sac. He immediately reared up and pulled at her bent head, crying out “Liz, no, please…I don’t want…with you Liz…please…”

Liz stopped her movements and raised her head to look at him. His face was contorted in ecstasy as his chest rapidly rose and fell with the effort to breathe.
It was rare for him to allow her to bring him to completion in this manner. Liz sensed it had something to do with the fact that for so many years he had to maintain tight control over every aspect of his and so many other people’s lives,
that to be made so out of control, so very vulnerable, made him uncomfortable.

She gently crawled up his body and took his face in her hands, caressing it as she placed sweet kisses across his face. “Max,” she whispered, “look at me baby.”

He struggled to open his eyes and after seeing her clamped them shut again. “Oh god, Liz…”

She placed a soft kiss on his lips before moving back down to his throbbing member. Taking it gingerly in her hands she began placing soft kisses at the base and moved up while she spoke to him.

“My husband..(kiss)..my love..(kiss)..I trust you..(kiss)..I adore you..(kiss)..”

When she once again reached the top she paused before she opened her throat and took him in in a smooth, fluid motion. Her warm voice immediately filled his mind.

// Please Max, let go baby. Cum for me. Just for me Max. I love you so much. //

Finally giving himself up to her his hips thrust upward, and with a loud cry he exploded. He softly called her name over and over as he released while she lovingly ran her hands over his hips to soothe him.

When he finished she withdrew and moved to lay on her side facing him, nestling her head next to his and stretching her arm across his chest. She caressed his upper body and gently kissed his face as he panted for air. When he had calmed enough he turned on his side and gazed at her with so much love and devotion she thought she would cry. She leaned in and they shared a long tender kiss. It ended silently and he curled into her body, tucking his head under her chin as she cradled him in her arms, lulling him to sleep with sweet words of her love.

Hours later Liz awoke and stretched out like a cat. As her arm came up over her head her fist connected with something hard.

“Ow.”

She opened her eyes to find Max grinning at her while rubbing at his chin. “That’s the second time you’ve hit me there, you know,” he teased, reminding her of the night she had punched him when he revealed his identity to her. “I’m starting to get paranoid.”

“Ooohhh, my poor baby, let me kiss it and make it better,” she purred as her lips made contact with the spot. “Feel better?”

“A little,” he whined. “Maybe you should do that some more.”

“You mean this?” She grabbed his face and gave him a scorching kiss, then pulled away and looked at him with a silly grin. “Feel better now?”

“Yeah,” he replied, his voice thickening with desire. “But now I hurt somewhere else, too.” He rejoined their lips and she felt his hardness as she moved to get closer to him.

She began giggling as his lips and tongue painted her throat. “What?” he asked, not ceasing his actions.

“You’re going to wear me out on this honeymoon, aren’t you Mr. Evans.”

His arms surrounded her as he moved completely on top of her, melding their bodies together from lips to toes. Finally disengaging his mouth, his eyes burned into hers as a devilish grin played over his face. “Oh, I’m gonna try Mrs. Evans.”

Then he set about thoroughly demonstrating how he intended to do just that.

Later on they lay in each other’s arms running their hands lightly over their still joined bodies, trading soft words of love and fond kisses. Suddenly Max’s eyes grew wide and he said “oh no.”

Liz raised herself up from his chest and said, “what baby, what’s wrong?”

“I forgot something last night.”

She giggled girlishly before kissing him. “Believe me, Max, you didn’t forget anything last night.”

He gave her a wide grin and then flipped them over and kissed her soundly before pulling out of her. He jumped out of bed and pattered over to his suitcase and began to route around, sending his clothing all over the floor. Liz sat up, holding the sheet to cover her body and asked, “Max? What are you doing now?”

After a moment he pulled out a CD, held it up and said “ta da!” and made his way back over to the bed. He removed it from the case and set it down on the nightstand, then turned and picked her up, still wrapped in the sheet.

“Max, what are you doing?” she said again, laughing now as he began to spin her around in his arms.

He set her down on the floor and kept one arm wrapped around her waist and raised the other toward the CD. It began to spin and soon the beautiful melody of “In Your Eyes” filled the room.

He brought his free arm up to caress her face and began to sway their bodies to the melody. “I didn’t get to dance with my bride,” he whispered.

“Oh, Max,” she said in a quivering voice. She smiled as she realized what song he had chosen. “This is my favorite song.”

“I know, Max told me.”

“You just thought of everything, didn’t you?”

“I just wanted things to be perfect for my angel,” he answered as he gazed at her adoringly.

“Oh, Max,” she breathed out again as she lay her head on his chest and they danced together, the bed sheet swirling around them like the cloud of love that would envelope them for the rest of their lives.

THE END

IN YOUR EYES
words & music by Peter Gabriel

love I get so lost sometimes
days pass and this emptiness fills my heart
when I want to run away
I drive off in my car
but whichever way I go
I come back to the place you are

all my instincts, they return
and the grand facade, so soon will burn
without a noise, without my pride