The future is always uncertain Teen-Adult -COMPLETE- 8/25/11

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

kissme4ever123
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The future is always uncertain Teen-Adult -COMPLETE- 8/25/11

Post by kissme4ever123 »

Title: Title: The future is always uncertain
Summary: It focus on what happened after Future Max disappeared. This is post End of the World and Graduation.
Rating: Teen to Adult
Disclaimer: I don’t know any of these characters. They are owned by 20th Century Fox Entertainment. Even though I wish I owned Roswell.
Pairing: CC but Max and Liz Centered

Max steered up at the ceiling of a room that was foreign to him. He laid in a bed that was also foreign to him. He could not remember how he got there. All he knew that it was morning. The last thing that he was on Liz’s balcony, dancing.

He used the granolith to go back in time to stop the world from coming to an end. He did not want to go. He would have gladly let the world come to an end if Liz did not push him to do it. He knew that if he did it, he would never see Liz again. He already lost Michael and Isabel in that battle. He did not want to loose Liz too.

He remembers why he had to use the granolith: to prevent the end of the world. He went to Liz execute this task, make him fall out of in love with Liz. The only way to prevent the end of the world would be to bring him and Tess together. Tess, his wife from another planet, from another time. With out her the end of the world will happened. If this plan worked, Tess and him will be together in the future.

He notices that he was not alone in bed. He notices that there was a wedding band on his hand. He notices that he was also nude.

If he disappeared from Liz balcony and reappears in a strange room where he had a wedding band and nude, then the plan must have worked, he was married to Tess, he would never see Liz again. He will never look into her eyes again. He will never see her smile again. He will never touch her soft skin again. He will never kiss her again. He will never run his fingers though her soft brown hair. Most of all he will never make love to her again.

He had to prepare himself for a life with Tess. A life with a person that he did not love. A person who believed in destiny. A person who could never be what he wanted: Liz.

He could not bring himself to move behind this person to kiss or show any kind of affection to. He could not put on a brave front. He could never treat Tess the same way he did for Liz. He could never love Tess the way he loved Liz.

The alarm clock went off. The person that was in the bed with him began to stir. This person shut off the alarm clock and sat up. This person was nude also. This person had long brown hair. Max did not know what do when he saw that hair. But he slowly clamed down and thought maybe she decided to change her hair color. Tess knows that he loved Liz, maybe she changed her hair for him, maybe she tried to get him to love her the way he loved Liz.

Things changed when this person turn her face to Max who was still in bed and said, “morning”, with a smile on her face.

Max saw her face. It was Liz. He had to play it cool. “Morning”, replied with a smile as he proceeded to sit up and leaned in and kissed her.

He kissed her with all the passion, joy, and love he had in his soul. He could not believe his eyes or lips, Liz was there. Liz was alive.

He pushed her down on to the bed. On top he laid, his fingers running though her hair, tasting her lips. He ran his hand down her body over the bear breast, down her torso, and rested on her exposed hip.

He saw his life, he saw his life though her eyes. He saw the typical, regular flashes that he always saw. Then he saw things that never saw before, their wedding day though her eyes were different then his, there last years together in Roswell, among other things, but he did not care about that, all that mattered was that they were together. That was all he wanted.

Liz on the other hand was not surprised by his actions at that moment. She loved having him kiss her like that. Even though they made love that previous night, she still wanted him. She ran her fingers though his hair. She enjoyed these moments, him and her in bed, wondering the mysteries of one another. She received flashes from him, the ones that she was used to, him healing her, their first kiss and many other kisses afterward, but something was different, them making love, she saw their wedding, among other things. She quickly pulled from him an looked at him. She had never seen these flashes before. She has never shared those memories with him.

She wonder, what was that. This was not the first time that she saw strange things. She remembered what she saw when she kissed Nasado, but it was not dark and cold, it was warm and caring, it was love that he had for her. She knew what she saw, the images was real and true. It was Max, but not her Max.

Max looked at her puzzled. ’Why was she looking at me like that? She is looking at me like I’m a stranger’, he thought.

“Max?’, asked Liz as she looked at him.

“Yea”, replied Max wanting to know why was she looking at him like a stranger. He moved closer to her.

Liz still looked at him, when she went to reply but the door bell rang, interrupting her.

They both heard the door bell. Liz sat up and got out of the bed and grabbed her robe and ran out of the room.

Max sat there watching her movements. He still wondered why she was acting they she was.

Liz had her robe on her by the time she got to the door. She opened the door to be met by her best friend, Maria standing in the doorway.

“Liz, why aren’t you dressed for work?”, asked Maria. She would always pick her up on her way to work.

They both still worked at the Crashdown. They were all in college, Liz, Max and Maria. Michael on the other hand was working on his GED. They figured that if they was going to stay in Roswell, they should at least try and make all their dreams come true. Liz and Max were students at Las Creuws Univertity. They lived in Roswell and commuted to the school. They would go to class together and come home together. Liz and Max were both pre-med, Liz was going to be a molecular biologist, and Max was going to be a doctor. Maria was a student at the local community college. Max, Liz, Michael, Maria always made time for one another. During the three years on the road, they all found a path, Kyle decided to stay in the city of Portland, Organ because he met a girl he liked and he though that he could have a life there. When they got back to Rowell, Isabel went to Boston to be with Jesse.

“I’m not going today, I need you to cover for me with my dad”, she said to her best friend.

“Why?”, asked Maria. She was cornered.

“It’s Max”, replied Liz

“What happened? Is he alright?”, interrupted Maria. She was concerned. She prayed that it wasn’t something bad, like him dieing aging or something else happened to him. They might have lost Alex 5 years ago, and they almost lost Max a year later. She hope that no danger came to Max.

“Well”, replied Liz as she tried to lessen effect of this bombshell that she was going to drop. She played with the rope that was tied around her waist that held her robe close. “Remember when I told you about my visit from future Max?”, she said as she tried not to alarm her.

Maria nodded her head letting her know that she did remember.

“He came back”, continued Liz.

“What do you mean, ‘he came back’”, Maria asked in an surprised tone.

“He wake up in bed beside me”, she replied.

“What?, how did you find out? I mean that, does he look any different, does he look older?”, asked Maria. She had a million question about Max. It was only natural. She had learned though the years of being in this alien soap opera, always expected the unexpected, always question everything, noting is not always what it seems.

“Max went to bed last night as Max, and he woke up as future Max”, replied Liz trying to answer Maria’s question trying not to alarm Maria.

“How did you find out that Max was not your Max?”, asked Maria still wanting to know.

“We kissed and I saw flashes”, said Liz. There was a hint of sadness. “I saw things that he did with his Liz”, she continued, “so I need for you to keep all of this under raps until I can figure something out”, her tone changed. It went from sadness to assertiveness.

“Alright”, replied Maria. “I won’t tell Michael, but if you need anything else, let me know”, she as she embraced her. She kisses her on the temple and turns and walks out of the door.

Liz watched Maria walk out of the door to the world outside. She then walks back into the bedroom to find Max sitting on the end of the bed in the bed clothes that were scattered on the floor from the pervious night.

Max sat there patiently wanting to understand why Liz was acting the way she was. He thought that he would never see her again. She was all he thought about. It was hard for him to go though with the plan of having his present self fall out of in love with her. But he knew that deep down, he could never stop loving her. Hell, she could kill him and he could not stop loving her.

She stood in front of Max with her hands on her hip. “I know that you are not my Max”, she said hold back her tears. “But we are going to figure this out.”, she took a deep breath and then continued,” I’m going to take a shower and then you will have the bathroom all to yourself. We are then going to go to the desert , so we can talk”, she said with an assertive tone.

No matter in what time line that Max was in, he always found Liz funny when she was taking charge. It was not a funny ha ha, it was a funny serious. She was not playing, she demand respect and for you to listen to her.

“O.K”, replied Max in a humble tone.

She nodded her head and turned and walked out of the room into the bathroom. That was when she cried. There was a chance that she might have lost Max again. She might never see him again. She cried the entire time in the shower. She might never kiss him again. She might never make love to him again. She might never hear him say the words ‘I love you’. The person that was in her bedroom was Max, but not her Max. This Max did not go though heart break when she pretend to sleep with Kyle. This Max did not lose Alex to betrayal, lies, and deceit. She loved this Max like her Max but it was not the same. She lived two different lives with two different Max’s.

Max took this opportunity to look around the apartment. He looked at their photos which was on the table that was up against the wall. He saw all kinds of photos, him with Isabel and their parents, him and Liz with his parents, him and Liz with Liz’s parents. He saw their wedding photo. Then he saw it, a photo of Alex with Liz and Maria. Why was Alex not in any other the photo’s here he wondered.

Two hours later

They were now sitting at the foot of the pod chamber talking about what happened after they changed the future. How they lived with a this all of this horror, fear and uncertainty.

“If I knew all that was going to happened, I would never had used the granolith”, said Max to Liz telling him about Tess sticking around. He had listened to Liz’s tale of how Tess betrayed them. How she lied and hurt people for her own shellfish reason. He began to regret his actions.

“Max, you had to stop the end of the world, you had to save Michael and Isabel”, replied Liz to his comment. He always held the fate of everyone’s life on his shoulders. He never asked for anything in return. And besides helping him stop the end of the world was the least that she could do after Max risked so much when he saved her. She looked at him with sadness in her eyes.

Max saw the pain in her eyes. “Liz, I would not had did it at the expense of Tess betraying us, Alex dieing, and hurting you.”, wanting so bad to touch her, hold her, kiss her, to comfort her. He wanted so much to show her that he loved her and did not mean to hurt her.

“I know but it’s just that….I always though that I would the only one who would give you children and now you share a child with this person that killed one of our best friends and betrayed all of us”, Liz said as she tried her best not to cry. She loved Max so much. But some how she felt that he never truly understood what she was felling when it came to him having a child with someone else. They might have this connection, but she felt cheated. They may be connected heart, body and soul, but not physically.

“Having children is very important, is it?”, asked Max as he noticed the meaningful message that she was trying to send. He also saw pain in her eyes when she talked about his son, but at the same time he saw a spark of light in her eyes when she mentioned having children with him.

“It is but I know that we can’t. It’s not safe. It’s the reason why you gave up your son. He was human, it was only right that he have a normal life”, she said with a mixed tone.

“Liz, have you ever talked about this with him?”, wanting to know does her Max know that she does want children some day.

“No, I guess by us being in school, gives us an excuse not to talk about it”, replied Liz. She knew that it would not be save for them to have children. Max went though hell trying to find his son, but when he finally found him, he had to give him up, it hurt him so much.

Max listen to her. Ironically, he imagined that one day that they would have children too. But the fact that in his time, they choice not to. He had the same reason. But he noticed that they might have been happy but they were stuck. They might have been married and lived a happy life but they noticed something was missing, a child of their own. “Liz, in my time, we are very happy, but their was always something that…when we would be walking down the street and someone would walk pass us with a baby stroller, your mind always seemed to wondered”, he said. He wanted nothing more than to have Liz, but having a child with her was always something extra. A child with her would be some thing that was beautiful, creating something that was a mixture of them both, a mixture of their love for one another.

Liz listened, even in his time, she wanted children with him. As much as she though that they were different, they were actually the same. They had the same desires, the same wants, and the same needs.

There was a long silence when it was broken by a chuckle by Max.

Liz turned to him wanting to know why was he laughing. “What’s so funny?”, in a curious tone.

Max tried to bush it off but he could not get out of his head. “It’s just that…I was thinking about how our mothers caught us ‘in the act’ ”, said Max recalling the time that they were caught by their mothers after she told them that she was sick.

Liz was interested in the story. She turned to him, “what happened?”, wanting to know about her life with Max in another time.

He continued, “We decided that we were going to spend the weekend home away from the world. The only way to get away with it was to lie to our moms because they wanted to have family dinner, one on Saturday and the other was Sunday. So we decided to devised this plan in which you were sick with the flu, we could not make it over to dinner. So they decided to check in on you and they caught us on the couch making love”, he said with a smile on his lips. “The reaction on their faces were just sheer horror.”, he continued to share the story. “Your mom was so mad that you lied her about wanting to have sex instead of coming over for a family dinner that she did not talk to you for a week”.

Liz listened and laughed. “That was probably quite a sight”, she said with a smile remembering how they feel when they make love, how they move, and the sounds that they make. Remembering the intensity of their love making.

“Yea”, he said remembering them making love.

They were in their bedroom gasping for breath. The had just finished their round of love making. The sheets were jumbled around their lower haves.

“Wow”, said Max with a smile on his face. “That was quite a workout was it?”, he continued as he turned to face Liz referring to the passion that they has shared a few seconds ago.

“Yea” replied Liz who also had a smile on her face. “That workout just made me a little hungry.” she said with a smile on her face. She rolled to face him and she gave him a quick kiss on the lips and rolled out of bed.

Max followed her out of the room. He walked behind her with his hands on her bear waist. On their way to the kitchen, they stopped and share a deep and passionate kiss. They could not break away from one another. They were happy that they were staying in today. They did not have to sneak a kiss hear and there in between the daily hustle of life of going to work and school. And lately the only time that they could be together would be at the end of their day when they come home from work or school and they would be tired. Sometimes Liz would fall a sleep when he was telling her his day or Max would fall a sleep when she was tell him her day.

The kiss was so passionate, that a fire started in Liz that only Max could put out. Liz broke from the kiss and looked into Max‘s eyes. She could see the desire and want he had for her, “well I’m only a little hungry. I think that I can wait”, she replied and kissed him. She pulled him toward the coach.

They reached the coach and sparks flew. Hands roamed on each others bodies, though each others hair and along each other limbs. Bodies were connected, souls were locked together in a connection that would never be broken for as long as they lived. The rhythm was so in sync that they Max moved within her body to the rhythm of his heart beating. She met his thrust to the rhythm of her heart beating. They were so involved with themselves and their love making they did not hear the world around them.

“I hope that Liz is alright”, said Nancy to Diane as they approached son and daughter’s apartment door. They came with a care package. Nancy came with some soup for her daughter while Diane came with baked casserole for them to eat.

Nancy was the first to ring the door bell. They stood in front of the door waiting for Max to open the door. They stood there waiting.

“Why is no one answering to door?”, asked Diane also wondering why was Max not answering the door.

“Maybe, Max is in the back room, he probably did not hear the door. Let’s go in anyway”, said Nancy as she turned to door knob.

The two mothers were horrified by the sight that they saw. They just caught their children on the coach having sex, when Liz was supposed to be sick. They saw Max’s nude backside and nude Liz’s limbs around Max’s body.

The couple did not hear their mothers come in to the apartment.

“Liz!”, exclaimed Nancy with sheer shock and surprise.

The couple did hear that and they jumped up from the coach. They grabbed the blanket that was on the back of the coach and used it to cover their nude and obvious aroused bodies

“Mom!”, the couple both exclaimed in unison.

“Liz, I though that you was sick, so I came over to check on you to so how are you doing. I came in here to find out that you lied about being sick, and I catch you having sex. What was you thinking?”, said Nancy in a stern motherly tone.

“Yea Max, what were you thinking?”, asked Diane wanting to know why he also lied to her about Liz’s health.

Max stood there motionless and quiet

Liz listened to her mother express her disappointment in her. “Mom”, Liz took the lead. “Things have been really busy lately and we have not had much time together since school stated. We just wanted sometime alone together”, she said with sincerity in her voice. “I did not want to hurt any of your feelings.”

During the entire time that Liz was talking, Max did know wither to run into the room or sit there. All he had on him was the blanket and they were sharing it now. He did not want to use his powers, so he deicide to just sit their and hope it was over soon.

Max woke up from out of his memory with Liz as he found himself cupping her cheek. He was looking into her eyes. He saw the same person that he fell in love with as a boy. It did not matter from what time that they were from, she was the same person that he loved, he could not love another.

Liz saw the he was the boy she fell in love with when she was sixteen. He was the same man that she loved. He was the same person no matter from what time line that he was from. The only difference was the memories, they might have different memories of them together but the same message was sent, they loved one another and they were happy together.

They both noticed what they were doing. Max removed his hand from her cheek. They were broken out of their trans.

“So um, do you know how did you get hear?”, she wanted to know how he got there, was there a way for him to go back, will be he hear to stay, what happened to her Max? She wanted to know the answers to all those questions and then some. “I thought that you were going to disappear off the face of the earth?”

“No”, answered Max to the first question that were asked . “All I know is the last thing that I remembered was being on your balcony after you set up that thing with Kyle. I disappeared from there and awoke in bed next to you. “He tried his best to explain to her what happened. “I was suppose to disappear of the face of the earth but I don’t know what happened”, he further tried to explain.

Liz listened. She still did not know what she was going to do.

“All I kept thinking that I will never see you again. The touch of your skin against mine. The way you eyes look into mine, the touch of your hair, your smile, your lips.”, said Max as he expressed his sorrow that he felt after he completed his mission to have his present self fall out of in love with Liz. “ I think that is why I’m here now. I can’t be apart from you.”

Liz listened to him. She remembered what Max said to her a long time ago that he would never leave her, he will always be there. She understood why he was here now. He was ripped away from his Liz and after they changed the world, his Liz no longer exist, so he will always come to her. But she feared that she will never see her Max again. “Max, I do love you, but your not my Max. You might be Max, but not the Max I married in this time. Your not the Max that went on the run from the FBI for the first year that we were married. You don’t belong here, you belong with your Liz.” she said as tears rolled down her cheeks.

Max looked at her with sadness. She was right, she was not his Liz. He does not belong here in this time. This is not his life. This is not his world. “Your right”, he said. “I don’t belong here. How am I going to go home?”

She took his hand and said, “I don’t know how are we going to do that, but we will figure it out together”. She turned to him, “lets go home it is getting late, were going to figure it out tomorrow when we are less worried and freaked out”, as she stood up and they walk toward the car.

By the time they reached home it was dark. The moon was high. They were in bed together. Max head was resting on Liz’s torso as she comforted him by running her hand though his hair.

He was in a different world. He was in a different time. He was with a different person, it was the person that he loved but not the right person from his time. He wanted so bad to go to his world , his time, where he belonged.

Liz so wanted things to work out. She knew Max was in pain. But she knew that Max loved her, it was not her Max, just like she was not his Liz.

Liz laid in bed with Max stroking his hair. They both slowly fell asleep. They quietly hope that maybe this was a dream that they could just wake up from it and everything would be alright. They hoped that everything would be back to normal.

The sun light lit up the room. The couple were in bed together. They were spooned, one held the other tight, not wanting to let go from one another.

Liz lay there on her side. Max was spooned behind her. She felt his firm grip around her waist. She did not know what was going on. She loved Max, but she was not sure who that was. She hope that it was her Max but she knew that the Max that went to bed last night was not hers, it was her future self. She could not bring herself to turn to face him. She was scared. Who was this person who is wrapped around her, who is this person that is breathing breaths on the back of her neck, who is this person who is inhaling her hair. Her thoughts were broken when she heard him moan and yarn.

Max moaned and yarned. He let go of his wife for a short moment to stretch his muscles.

Liz turned on to face her husband, “How did you sleep?”, asked Liz wanting to know if he was able to sleep after everything that has happened the during the day before. She hope her did not have any hard feelings towards her after hearing that he did not belong here with her.

“I slept great”, he said with a smile. “It was like I slept for a good week”, expressing his joy of have a good night sleep.

“So you could sleep after last night?”, she said as he settled down back in to the bed to face Liz. She still was worried about him. He might not be her Max but it was still Max and she loved him and was worried about him. She expressed concern for him.

“Yea, I always sleep like a baby after we make love”, said Max with a smile as he moved closer. “What’s wrong?”, he asked with concern because of the concern expression on her face, he ran his hand along the side of her face.

At first she was puzzled. She and Max did not make love the night before. But her and her Max did, it was not the day before, but it was the day before that day. The puzzled expression slowly went away when she remembered making love to her husband. She smiled and replied ,”nothing”, she did not want him to worry. The Max that was in bed at the moment was her Max, he came back. He husband has come home. Her husband has is were he belonged. She leaned in and gave him a kiss.

Max responded by kissing her back. He kissed her with all the passion in his body. He felt like he never seen her in ages, which was strange, they just made love the other night. They released from the kiss and he looked at her. He just remembered something that he must tell her. “Liz, I have the strangest felling that I should be apologizing for something”, he said as he ran his fingers though her long soft brown hair.

“You do?”, replied Liz with a smile on her face but at the same time questing why he must apologize. “For what?”

“Some how I felt that I left you for a short time without any explanation, and I owe you an apology for doing that”, he looked at her with love in his eyes.

She looked at him with love. She knew he felt bad every time he had to leave her behind. But strangely she knew that he knew that he left her behind. She was not upset, she realized that it did not matter from which time line that Max was from, she loved him, and that was all that mattered. She cupped his cheek and gave him a kiss.

It was suppose to be a warm sweet kiss but it grew into something more passionate than ever before. It was an erupting volcano of passion. The heat was so intense that it could be mistaken for the heat that is produce in our sun.

It was pitched black, no sound or light was in this place. Max needed light, he could not see. He cupped his hand to create a glowing ball of light to eliminate this strange place.

He did not know that there was someone else in the room. This person sat on the floor of this place, hoping that one day she might catch a sight of the man that she loved, the only man that she will ever love. She watched as her husband of 11 years disappear right before her eyes. Then she watch the granolith also disappear before her eyes also. She sat against the wall of the chamber crying. Hoping that her husband will be alright. Hoping that her husband would not forget her in this new and different world.

She noticed a round glowing ball of light in the middle of the chamber. She became sacred. “Who there?”, she said as she stood up. She did not know what to expect. Did the enemies that they escaped getting into the chamber was in the room with her now there to try to kill her.

Max stood in the middle of the room holding the light in his hand. He heard this voice in the room with him. A million question ran though his head, who was that in the room with him, were was he, how did he get there. He focused on the voice and he made the ball of light bigger and made it levitate above his head to the ceiling to light up the pitch black room. That is were he saw it, Liz. Liz stood up against the cave wall afraid.

“Liz”, he said as he began to move toward her.

Liz saw who it was an ran to him. She jumped into his arms and held him. She began to kiss him passionately. She sled down him until her feet could touch the floor.

They kissed until they were out of breath. They just steered at one another, admiring each other, trying to memorize every little part of their faces.

Liz was the first to break the silence, “I thought that I would never see you again”, she said smiling. She pushed him to change the future knowing that there was a chance that they would never see one another again for the rest of their lives. But when he did it and disappeared, it all came hitting home, reality sunk in, she was sitting alone, all alone, probably for the rest of her life. It got worse for her when the granolith’s light began to fade and then disappeared, having her sink into darkness.

“Me too”, replied Max as he held her face up to his to sink in her beauty. He was glad he was back. He was in his own time. He had his Liz, he had his Liz in his arms now. The future might have been different from when he left, but it was still a future with his Liz. It was a future were he did belong.

“What happened Max?”, asked Liz looked at him wanting to know what happened.

“You don’t know, do you?”, asked Max wanting to know if she had notice any change in their present.

“No“, replied Liz. She had no idea what he was talking about.

“Well It’s a long story. I’ll tell you about it on the way to Michael‘s”, he said as he took her hand and lead her out of the pod chamber.

When they reach out side it was night time. They looked to see the Jeep, but it was not there, they were met by Max’s blue convertible that was parked at the base of the mountain. They went hand and hand to the car and drove into town to Michael’s.

They were in a new world. A world without Tess. A world without Alex. A world that had a lot of possibilities. They knew that they had to make the best of it, but they also knew that they did not have to worry about anyone or anything coming between them. They knew that this was chance for them to start over, a chance for them to be happy once again, and hopefully they could find peace in this new world.
Our greatest fear is ourself.
Always be true to yourself because if you can't, than it is not worth anything to anyone one.