Tying up loose ends (CC & Teen to Mature) COMPLETE- 8/12/11

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

kissme4ever123
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Tying up loose ends (CC & Teen to Mature) COMPLETE- 8/12/11

Post by kissme4ever123 »

Title: Tying up loose ends
Summary : This takes place during Graduation. It focuses on what happens after Max and Liz made love.
Rating: Teen to Mature
Disclaimer: I don’t know any of these characters. They are owned by 20th Century Fox Entertainment. Even though I wish I owned Roswell.
Pairing: CC but Max and Liz Centered
Note: I will use a few lines from the episode.
Author's Note: I though that I write this because that episode has left us with so many question to who, why and when. I though that if I could create something to answer so of thoes same questions. I hope that you all like it and I hope that some will do the same thing. So lets begin... :D

The new found lovers lay spent in the aftermath of their love making. Their first time together was the result of one asking the other to spend the rest of their live with the other. There was no promise of how long they would be living. But it was a promise of love, joy, happiness, safety, and being together for all of eternity, even though they was not sure of how long eternity for them would be. They promised to love one another for as long as they lived.

They lovers laid gasping for air. Steering up at the ceiling. Their heart was racing at one hundred miles per hour and they tried to catch their breaths. They made love in her room in her bed after being on her balcony. The room was well lit, the sheets were un tuck and wrapped around their bodies.

Liz was not only gasping for air, but hoping that the room would stop spinning. She knew being with an alien was different, but she never though that it was that good. The room was spinning, everything was out of focus, she was flying though space, every cell in her body was heating up so much until she thought that they was going to start a fire.

“Liz”, said Max who was laying beside her. He was also was also gasping for air. He was floating. But he figured was he was feeling physically was normal, but he never felt was he was feeling emotionally. He felt more connected to her now than he had ever been since he connected with her when he healed her.

Liz turned her head to face him.

“Are you alright?”, he asked her. He wanting to know if she was alright.

“Yea”, replied Liz.

“How do you feel?”, he asked because he wanted to know if she felt like he felt.

“I feel just fine”, she replied with a smile on her face. It was a smile of satisfaction on her face. She felt physically and emotionally satisfied.

Max turned his body to face her so he could hold her close.

Liz saw the movement that he made. She responded to it by moving close to him so he could hold her. She laid herself on him. She place her head under his chin.

Max rapped his arm around her waist so that his hand was resting on her hip. This was the only place he wanted to be, with her at this moment. This place is where he belonged. This is were he was supposed to be.

Feeling more connected to her, he had to tell her about something. “You know the craziest thing happened?”

Laing in Max’s arms, listening to his voice. This was truly were she had always wanted to be. She felt even more connected with him than ever. She remembered something, Future Max was right, nothing could ever come between them again. And at that moment she knew that was true, nothing will ever come between them ever again. “What happened?”, she asked in response to his question.

“I got this flash of us being together, before. It was kind of the same thing when I got the flash in Vegas of us getting married”, he said moving his thumb up and down her hip. He saw that the room had dim lighting. He saw Liz’s face, her eyes looking into his. The feel of her soft skin, the sent of her hair, and the taste of her lips. He felt that it was weird, to have these images of them in the mist of passion, but it was not important.

“That’s crazy”, she replied with a slight chuckle. She had reply like she did, she still did not tell him about her visitor or why she pretend to sleep with Kyle. She wanted so much to tell him the truth but she did not know how. She lied to him about her and Kyle to the bitter end. She lied to him until she could not do it anymore.

They left that topic and they needed to focus on what is going on now. This was their new beginning. They are getting married.

“Max?”, she said as she maneuvered herself to face him. “Why do we have to wait until after graduation?”, she wanted to know why they couldn’t get married right away, they only have 12 days to live anyway. “We can just go and get married right now”, she continued.

“I thought that we should at least get our diplomas before we say ‘I do’”, he said as he ran his fingers though her hair.

“O.K”, she said with a smile. He was right, it may be best to wait until after graduation.

“And besides, I don’t what anyone to interfere with us getting married”, he said with all sincerity. “Michael, Mom, Dad, and I gave Isabel a hard time when she was marrying Jesse, because they were rushing into it after knowing one another for about three months. I don’t want our parents say that we are too young to get married.”

Liz looked at him with a twinkle in her eye. She was thinking about what Future Max said about them getting married. She was the one who brought up the idea of getting married and he was the one who objected to them getting married because of their young age. “I don’t want them to interfere either also”, she said. Her dreams were coming true, she was marrying her true love, the only person who she could ever picture herself with, the only person that she ever wanted to be with.

Max looked at her, he could not believe at this moment he was with the only person that he had ever wanted to be with. She was beautiful. She was everything that he ever wanted in a person. She was all he ever wanted, period. He leaned in to taste her sweet soft lips.

Liz met his lips with her. Max was drawn into a trans just from her lips. Yep, this was his home, right there with her at this moment. This is were he belonged. They moved from where they were now laying down, Liz on her back and Max on top of her. He hands moved from the back of her head to be ran down her body. He wanted nothing more than to make love with her again at that moment.

Liz enjoyed this. She fantasized about being with him ever since she started to see flashed when they kissed, when they went on the search for the communication orbs. But as much as she wanted to make love again to her new found lover, she could not. It was getting late and she did not want her father to walk in on them.

“Max?”, as she began to speak. “Maybe we should stop now. It is getting late and I don’t want my dad catching us.”, gasping for breath.

Max hated to stop, but she was right. “Your right. Catching me de-flowering his daughter”, he said with a smile on his face.

“You would be as good as dead if that happens”, she said giggling. “We don’t want that to happened.”

He move his hand from her waist and place it back on her cheek. “How about we spend the entire day together tomorrow ?”, he asked in a cheerful tone. All he wanted was to spend all his time with her.

Liz began to see that Future Max was right, once they made love, they would be inseparable. She saw the cheerfulness in his eyes, but once she replied to the question, the look of disappointment on his face. She ran her hand down his muscular arm and replied, “I’m sorry, but I promised to spend the day with Maria. She is having a hard time with us leaving and everything.”

Max had a look of disappointment. He wanted to spend the entire day with the person he asked to marry him. He had to put on a front so she could not see that he was hurt by her rejection of him. “That’s O.K. We’ll just do it another time, anyway”.

Liz saw it, he could not hide anything from her. “Max, why don’t you spend some time with your parents anyway.” She did not want him to waste the day away waiting for her to get finish with hanging with her best friend.

“I don’t know”, he replied unsurely. He wanted to spend the day with her.

“Come on Max, your parents finally know the truth, you don’t have to hide anymore. And beside, I know that they have questions and only you can answer them. And they get to know the real you”, she pleaded to him. “Max, we are leaving after graduation, we don’t know when will be back. They are going to miss you. Please spend as much time that you can with them. I don’t want you to have regrets about not spending much time with them”, she whished that she had more time to spend with her grandmother before she died. She really wanted him to do it.

Max saw it in her eyes. He gave in. “alright, I’ll spend the day with them. But tomorrow night we spend together”, he said as he leaned in and kissed her.

Liz released from the kiss with a smile” Alright, I’ll have Maria cover for me. But where?,” she wanted to know where will they be so that they would not get caught.

“Michael’s”, said Max.

“What about Michael?”, said Liz with a giggle.

“Don‘t worry about him”, replied Max. “Everything will be just fine, I promise”, being insistent.

Max leaned in and kissed her.

Max strolled into Michael’s apartment with the most peaceful expression on his face. He liked like he was cloud 9, he was in his own heaven, his own paradise. He had a serene expression on his face.

Michael was sitting on the couch watching the TV. He heard the door open and turned and seen Max walked in.

“Hey”, said Michael being polite.

“Hey, what’s ya watching?”, asked Max.

“Bewitched”, replied Michael.

“Oh,” replied Max as he sat down beside him. “Oh remember this one, it’s funny”.

Michael was in shock. Max never liked this show. And besides, he had never seen that Max before. He had the most serene expression on his face, he was as if he was in heaven. “What is it with you? Have been body snatched or something?”

“What are you talking about?, question Max.

“I have never seen you this way”, exclaimed Michael. “what is up with you anyhow?”

“Michael, there is nothing up with me. I just really enjoyed myself tonight with Liz”, he said with a smile on his face.

Michael knew something was up him. Then it just dawned on him, “You and Liz finally did the deed didn’t you?! It’s about time. You two have spent the past three years mauling one another.”

“Michael!”, replied Max. “Liz and my sex life is none of your business. And beside that’s not it anyway”, trying to divert Michaels attention from the sex Max had with his girlfriend to thing of more important. He continued to tell his brother the news that will change his life and the rest of them, “I asked Liz to marry me”, with a smile of bless on his face.

Michael was surprise of the news from his brother, “What did she say?”, he wanted to know what his friend said to his brother.

“She said ‘yes’”, he replied with a smile.

Maria and Liz was sitting in the food court of the Mall. They were sipping their soda though a straw and talking. They were talking about everything that has happened ever since they found our that they were going to die.

“Michael and I had the worst good bye ever”, said Maria.

“What happened?” she asked her with concern in her voice.

“He comes to my house and tells me that I was the girl for him. And he’ll always love me”, she said in a mocking tone. “And then he rides off. I mean what am I suppose to do with that?”

“Maria, you know Michael. He not for all that meaningful stuff. You know he is uncomfortable when it is time to express his feelings. He is a man of very little words,” said Liz. He is perfect for Maria. Maria is high-strung and Michael is impulsive. Whatever words that Michael was lacking, Maria was there to give him the words.

“I feel that I’m being left behind. You were going off to college and then you have to go off with Max. And then Michael has to leave also. It’s feel like that I’m being left behind.

“Maria, You’re my best friend”, replied Liz. “You will never be left behind. How can you think that? Just because we have to leave doesn’t mean that we don’t love you. It just means that we don’t want to put you in anymore danger than you are. We love you and don’t ever think that you being left behind”.

They held a moment of silence before they began to talk again.

Liz wanted to ask Maria to do her a favor, one last favor. “Maria can I ask you one last favor?” she asked her.

“Alright, one last favor”, Maria replied in a welcoming tone. “My last favor to my best friend”, with a smile.

“Can you cover with my dad for me?”, she asked Maria.

“Sure”, said Maria. “You and Max are planning to do the deed?”, she asked in a tasteless tone unaware of what has been going on with Liz.

“What if we already have?”, Liz replied back in a tasteless tone with a smile.

“What!”, replied Maria with shock in her voice and a smile on her face. “So tell me everything!”, she also demanded.

“Well it was last night”, she began with a sparkle in her eye. “after he proposed”, she continued.

“What! He proposed too!”, Maria continued to be surprised.

Liz smiled.

“Since I’m not the only girl around here that has experienced sex with an alien, I think it is time that we compare notes”, said Maria. “Well what was it like?”, she wanted to know.

“It was like that I high on something. The room spinning sand then at the same time I thought that I was flying though space at high speeds. I had triple vision. I was seeing all the colors that made up visible light”, listing all that happened when she was with Max.

Maria listened closely, she was thinking about her time with Michael. It was the exact same experience that she had. “It was truly out of this world, wasn’t it?”, she asked Liz for conformation.

With a smile and a nod of agreement. “Yes it was”.

“So did it go with your parents today?”, asked Liz as she walked out of the bathroom to a waiting Max who was sitting on the coach in Michael‘s apartment. They were getting ready to go to sleep after a hot make out session they had.

Max had the coach made up to sleep in for the night. He had a large pillow and a blanket on the coach to keep them warm.

Liz walked in to the living room wearing one of Max’s shirts.

“It went well. You was right, they had a lot of questions to ask me”, he said Max as he watched her sit next to him.

“Did you tell them about you past life?”, she continued to ask him.

“Yea”, he replied.

“How did they take it?”, she wanted to know.

“They took it well. Even thought I had another set of questions to answer. But overall I think that they took it well”, he said.

“That’s good”, replied Liz. She began to move close to kiss him.

Max saw this and responded by moving toward her and met her with a kiss. He quickly pulled back and said, “Before I forget, my mom wants to have a family dinner post graduation, and she wants you there alright?”, he asked before he forgot and got distracted with the task that was before in his shirt.

“Alright, I’ll be there”, she said before she pushed Max down on the coach.

The sun was high. The morning sun broke though the sky and lit up the room. Liz wake up to the sound of slurping and an empty coach. She sits up and sees Michael sitting at the breakfast bench eating a bowl of cereal.

“Morning”, said Michael.

“Morning”, replied Liz.

“Want some cereal?”, asked Michael being polite. “I might not have what you eat but tell me and I’ll change it”, he continued wanting to show her that she was also welcomed at his apartment.

“Yea, thanks”, she replied as she stood up from the sofa. She made sure that her bottom was covered before she walked over to Michael. “I eat honey combs”, she continued.

Michael get up and grabs one of the four boxes of cereal off of the shelf and grabs a bowl. He pours the cereal into the bowl, he places it on the counter and waves his hand over it and turns it into what she wanted.

Liz saw this and replied to his polite gesture, “Thank you Michael.

He nodded his head. “Um, Max told me that he popped the question. I just wanted to say congratulations.”, he said.

Liz walked to the refrigerator to get her milk to pour into her bowl of cereal. She turned to him and said with a smile,” Thank You”.

Michael placed his last spoon full of cereal into his mouth before stood up. As he stood up, Max came walking into the room.

He watched as Max walked into the room and gave Liz a quick kiss.

Michael was the first to response, “This is my mark to leave. I mind as well go to work to pick up my last paycheck.” He walks toward the door, “If I don’t see you guys before graduation, I would like to say congratulations and good luck”, was the last thing he said before he walked out of the door.

“Max, honey, I want a picture of you and Liz in your cap and gown”, said Diane who held the camera in her hand.

The group met at the Crashdown. The parents were taking pictures of their graduates before they all went to the graduation ceremony. The parents were gleaming with joy that their children have all grown up and now they are on the journey to adulthood. Their gradates on the other hand did not see it that way. It was the end to their journey of adulthood. It was ending before it started. Their lives was slowly coming to an end. They knew that they about a week to live. They know that this would be the last time that they would all be together. This would be the last time that they would see their parents.

“O.K mom”, replied Max as he walked toward his mother with Liz in toe.

They stood in front of his mother as she snapped the photo.

Once they took that pictured, Liz’s attention was drawn to Maria who was standing with Isabel. She pulled Max along with her to Maria.

“Maria, have you heard from Michael?”, Liz needed to know. She could see the pain on her face.

“No. And I don’t care”, said Maria. Not only could they see the pain on her face, they heard it in her voice.

“Maria”, replied Liz in a consoling tone.

With in minutes the entire Crashdown was piling out. They was heading toward the high school.

Michael watched from a distance watching his friends walk into the school proud in their cap and gowns. Even though their fate had been determined by Liz’s vision, they all had a smile on their faces egad with the anticipation of their futures. He so wanted to be there, if not graduating himself but sitting in the audience with the rest of the guest. He wanted so badly to celebrate with his friends.

The graduating seniors took their seating, and so began the ceremony. This would be their last time there. Max and Liz could not keep their eyes off of on another. Maria thought that all the speeches were a line of crap. The ceremony went as planed, Liz gave her valedictorian speech, the principle speech and all of the cheesy activities that go along with any graduation ceremony. Even though the ceremony was all of that and more, they was an unexpected guest.

This unexpected guest was the person that was in Liz’s vision, Bryce McCain.

The vision was coming true before all of their eyes. They was going to die. They life was coming to an end. It was no way that they could escape their impeding death. They though that they was going to escape it by leaving after graduation because they assumed that they was going to meet their fate during the UFO convention.

Ironically, Max took the lead in drawing all the attention toward him so that the others could escape. He was willing to die for the others, die for Liz, his future wife, and his sister. This was the first time in a long time that he realized that he might never see Liz again, but if he had to die, he could only do it if Liz was safe.

He stood up from his seat and walked to the stage. He sent Bryce McCain running, he had to.

So he had to do his job and leader to get the rest to safety. And so he began his speech. His farewell speech. A speech to sum up his life in Roswell. A speech to say goodbye to his parents that were sitting in the crowd. A speech to say goodbye to Roswell.

He watched as the people he loved and cared about walk out of the auditorium so safety.
He silently hoped that if he died at that moment he will one day meet up with Liz so that they could live the life that they so desperately want and disserve.

Hi. I'm, ah, I'm Max Evans. I'd like to take this opportunity to, ah... to say a few things on behalf of myself... and the graduating class...Some of us are here tonight to walk across this stage, get our hard-earned diplomas and toss our caps in the air. But there's another group here... tonight... a group of people who are here for another reason altogether. They’re here to say goodbye. Goodbye to their high school lives...goodbye to their family... and friends...you see, this... this group has been through a lot... and tonight is the night... they've decided to call it quits.
It's been a long... hard road for them. They have a lot of... wounds...They've lost people... people that were close to them. They've had each other to cling to...but tonight, that's all coming to an end...

I'm a member of that group of... outsiders. I always knew I was different... and for a long... long... time, all I wanted was to be another face in the crowd... but in the end... it wasn't possible. ...I guess it never was. So from now on, I'll just... concentrate on being who I really am. ...Some of you might not like that. ...Some of you might even... find that frightening. But that's not my problem any more. I have to be who I really am... and let fate take care of the rest. So... thank you, Roswell... Thank you for... for letting me live among you. Thank you for giving me a family... Thank you for giving me a home...

Michael saw these black SUVs into the school parking lot. He watched as they rushed out of their vehicles and run into the schools. He knew something was wrong. He moved quietly onto the campus. He was met by Liz, Isabel, Kyle and Maria.

“Michael, thank God you are here”, said Isabel in a sound of relief.

“Where’s Max?”, asked Michael worried.

“He’s still inside. He made a distraction so they we could get out safety”, said Liz. She was scared. She did not want anything to happened to Max. She loved him, they were going to get married.

“Alright, I go and get him. We’ll meet in the desert by the pod chamber”, said Michael as he mounted his bike. He pushed the throttle and placed the bike in gear and road into the building.

Max saw the FBI march thought doors. He had to accept his fate then and now. The Men in the black suits marched into the room with rifles in hand. He was blinded momentary as the lights came back on with the roaring sound of a motorcycle came riding up the stage stairs. He was shocked to see Michael.

Max followed orders to save his life from his brother. He got on the back of his bike and road out of the auditorium and the school never to see them again, never to see his parents again.

Michael road to their meeting place by their pod chamber. They could see the rest of the group ahead.

Once the two aliens met up with the rest of the group. They jumped off the bikes. Max walked toward Liz and hugged her.

Their time in the desert was the last time that they ever saw their home for a really long time. They drove into the night after Kyle said his goodbyes to his father. They drove off into the night, into the unknown, to face a future uncertain.

They drove until the sun rose at which was the same time that they crossed the New Mexico- Arizona border. Max drove for about four hours while Liz drove for another four hours. Then Michael took the wheel until the sun broke the horizon. They drove for a good day before they pulled into a motel to rest so they could decide where were they going to go.

In between the stopping when Michael took the wheel, they stopped at on the side of the road to stretch their legs. They all took their time have their private conversations with one another because they knew that it would be awhile before they all could have their privacy. And then the reality starts hitting home.

Michael and Maria was in their own area where they could talk.

“Maria, you did not have to come”, said Michael.

“I know. But I asked myself, will I be happy away from you or with you?”, said Maria.

“Maria, I don’t want anything to happened to you”, said Michael. He did not want her to get hurt.

“I know. But I don’t want to be stuck in there, alone and worrying about you”, replied Maria.

Michael nodded his head and went in for a kiss.

Max and Liz was in their own world. This was the first time that they were semi-alone in two days.

“I almost thought I lost you”, said Liz as she looked at him with love.

“You almost did. It had to do something to draw the attention away from you and the other so you’ll could get out of there safely”, replied Max.

Their exchange were referring to their escape from their impending deaths.

“I don’t know what I would do if anything ever happens to you”, replied Liz as she cupped his cheek. This was not the first time she had almost lost him. She had almost lost him to Tess, she had almost lost him when he went to L.A, she had almost lost him he died. And all those time, she felt like she was dieing inside. She wanted to be with him for the rest of her life.

Max felt the same way. He would know what to do if something ever happens to her. He looked at her with love in his eyes and he ran his fingers though her hair. He leaned in a kiss her. It was a sweet and warm kiss.

Once they released from the kiss, Liz was the one who broke the silence between them. “When are we going to tell Isabel and Kyle about the engagement?”, asked Liz as she played with stitching on the neck of his shirt.

He did not mind about telling Kyle about the engagement but he worried about Isabel. “I don’t mind about Kyle, but I’m worried about Isabel”, he replied with worry in his voice. “Maybe we should wait until we get at least get to a motel room. That would give us a chance to decide what direction we should be going”.

Listening to this she understood why but another question arose. “Max, when should we get married?”, she asked.

“Well Liz Parker, will you do me the honor of becoming my wife next week”, he asked in a gentlemanly tone.

“Next Week!”, she replied in shock.

“Yes next week, Liz”, trying to further explain why he wants to marry her right away. “We might die today or tomorrow and I don‘t want to spend the rest of my life on this earth without you being my wife”, he smiled at her with love.

She looked at him with an expression of ‘how sweet, I love you’ on her face.

Max leaned down and kissed him.

Kyle noticed Isabel to the side. He could tell that she was crying inside. He knew that she was sad that she had to leave her husband behind. He felt sorry for her. Max and Michael had the people that they loved with to help them face death. He kind of felt life fed her a bad deal.

“Hey Isabel”, as he approached her.

“Hey Kyle”, she responded with her arms wrapped around herself.

“Are you alright?, he asked. He could see the pain on her face.

“I’m fine, I wish that it did not have to end like it did”, she replied referring to how it all ended with her parents and Jesse.

Hearing what Isabel said, he kind of whished that he did not have to say goodbye to his father. “ The same hear”, he replied in agreement.

Michael broke out of the loving moment that he shared with Maria. It all came flooding back, their problem, their goal, their journey on how was they going to cheat death this time around.

“Max”, he said to gain his attention, bring him back to realty. He grabs Maria’s hand and walked over to where Max and Liz was standing exchanging symbols of their love for one another. “Where are officially on the lam down, where are we going to go now?”, asking for guidance.

Isabel and Kyle also hear the question and they also walked to where the couple were standing.

“Well since we are in Arizona, we should find an motel for us to rest up so we could decide where to go. In the mean time , Liz and I are going to get married”, he said as he glanced down at Liz who shot him a smile when he mentioned the words ’get married’.

“What?!”, replied Isabel and Kyle in unison.

“Since when?”, asked Isabel wanting to more about this grand announcement and the life changing desire of her brother.

“I asked Liz to marry me about two days ago, and she said yes”, replied Max with sheer joy on his face.

Isabel saw the joy on her brother’s face, she could only fell happiness and joy for them. The only time she ever see her brother truly happy was when he was with Liz. He is always at his happiness when he is with Liz Parker. Even when things are rocky, he always happy. Her face went from shock to joy and happiness for her brother. He was able to finally be with the girl that he had always loved. And if she could not be happy, she will make sure that her brother was happy. She took large steps towards the couple and hugged them both. “I’m so happy for the two of you”.

Kyle was shocked but he came around. He followed suit. He hugged them both.

“Why didn’t you tell me sooner?”, she wanted to know. “I’m your sister, I’m supposed to know first”. She then turns her attention to Michael, “did you know about this?”. She wanted to know why wasn’t he also congratulating them.

“Yea, I knew. He told me the night he popped the question”, replied Michael trying redirect the attention to what they should next. He was happy for the couple but he wanted to know what to do next. They would always be looking over their shoulder for the rest of their lives.

A Week Later.

The morning light shined though their motel room window. The shined on the couple in bed. Max was wide awake. He could not believe that today was the day that his dreams of marrying the girl of his dreams, Liz Parker. He has been in love with her since he knew of her existence. He was now looking at her sleep. He though that she was as beautiful in her sleep as when she was awoke. He was marrying today!, he screamed silently. He wanted to scream to the world that he was marrying her.

Max’s head was on the pillow next to her. He watched every expression she made in her sleep. He watched her inhale and exhale. He watched her for about two hours before she awoke to find him steering at her.

“Morning”, said Liz softly with a smile on her face steering back at him.

“Morning” replied Max also with a smile on his face. He leans forward and a places a kiss on the lips of his future bride.

Liz was excited. She was getting married to today. She was marrying the only person she had ever wanted to be with. She was marrying Max Evans, the love of her life, who happens to be an alien. “Are you excite, about today?”, she was curious,

“About the wedding?”, he replied.

She nodded her head up and down.

“Of course”, he said with a smile as he ran his hand though her hair, “I’ve been waiting for this for a very long time”, he continued.

“Me too”, was the last thing that Liz said before Max captured her lips in his.

They were shared in a passionate moment. They rolled over where Liz was on the bottom and he was on top. His hand slowly moved from her hair to run down her body to rest on her waist. She ran her fingers though his hair. Then Maria and Isabel came bursting in the door.

The two came bursting into the room, their arms were full of bridal magazines.

Isabel was to first to respond to the couple in bed. “Now, will you two at least save something for after the wedding”, she said as she laid the magazines on to the dresser that they approached it, she then walks toward the bed.

The couple watched then come into the room and moved from one another. They sat up in the bed.

Max watched Isabel move toward him and pulled him by the hand to make him stand up. He did not know what was going on. “Isabel, what is going on?”, he wanted to know.

“Listen Max, I need you to go into Michael and Maria’s room to get ready for the wedding, while we get Liz ready”, said Isabel in a assertive tone, hell, she could be mistaken for the Christmas Nazi.

Max stood up and began to move toward the bathroom.

Isabel saw this and had to reply, “Where are you going?”, wanting to know.

“I’m going to take a shower”, replied Max looking back at his sister who by now had her hands on her hips.

“No you are not. Not here anyway”, replied Isabel as she walked toward him. “We need to get Liz ready for her big day. And beside, you can do that in Michael and Maria’s room”.

Max saw that it was no bargaining with his sister. “Alright Isabel, can I at least get my toothbrush form the bathroom”, he asked humbly, not wanting to make her mad.

“I guess that is alright”, she agreed. “But make it quick, they longer it takes you, to get out of the less time we to get ready”, said in a assertive tone. “Have you decided on what you are going to wear?”.

“Yea”, replied Max.

“Alright”, said Isabel. “But make sure it goes with Liz’s dress”, she continued in a commanding tone.

She watched him walk into the bathroom and out with his toothbrush in hand.

He made his way to the front door when he made a quick dash to Liz who was sitting on the bed and gave her a quick peck on the lips, “See you in a two hours”, he whispered. Liz smiled. He then looks ups from Liz to quickly move toward to door.

“Your pushing it real close”, said Isabel to Max as he walked out of the room. She then turns to Liz with a smile, “let’s plan a wedding.”

Michael heard a nock on to door. Get gets up and walks toward to door, “Kyle that better be you, I‘m starving”, he said was he reached for the door. He opens the door and sees Max standing outside the door with a toothbrush in hand.

“Hey”, said Max as he walked tough the door.

“Let me guess, Isabel kicked out of the room”, he asked already knowing the answer.

“Yea”, replied Max in shame. “Can I get ready here?”, he continued.

Two hours later

Liz stood in front of the mirror seeing the work that both her best firend and her future sister-in-law had done. She there with her bouquet of white roes in her hand. He hair was decorated in large curls and flowers. She looked great and she felt great. She was ready for anything that she was faced with now.

All of a suddenly a tear came rolling down her cheek.

“Liz what is it, what wrong?”, asked a concerned Maria. This was Liz wedding day, she should be smiling, not crying.

“Nothing”, replied Liz. “I’m just thinking about Alex. He should be with us now, celebrating with us.”, she continued expression her sadness that her other best friend was not with them celebrating in this joy.

Maria understood what she was saying. She missed him dearly. “I miss him too Liz”. She hugged her and wiped the tear away. She then smiles, ”now why do we get married”.

Everyone was ready for Max and Liz’s big day. They all met in front Max and Liz’s motel room. While everyone pilled into the van to drive to the chapel, Max and Liz was the last ones to get in. They waited for them to get in so they could steal moment. With everything going on, they just needed time to take it all in.

“I can’t believe that we are really doing it”, said Liz with a smile steering up at Max who was steering down at her.

“Yea, me too”, replied Max as cupped her cheek. He was socked by her beauty. She was the most beautiful thing that he has ever seen before. He felt that he had to let her know that she was beautiful, “If I hadn’t told you this earlier, but you look beautiful”.

“Thank you”, she said with a smile and she leaned up and kissed him.

They stood before the justice of the peace pledging to spend the rest of their lives with one another, pledging to love, honor and obey one another, pledge to cherish one another. They stood there listening closely to what he said. Every word that was said by the justice of the peace, the couple silently said the words ’I do”, before they said them again out loud to one another.

It was the happiest moment that they shared since they made love. They were standing there before their friends watching them making this life long pledge to each other. These was the people that meant most to them. They all had good times and bad times with one another. They had faced love, loss and betrayal, but they faced it all together. These people, the group of friends that watched this couple take their vows where an extension of their love for one another.

Isabel and Michael watched Max as he stood at the altar with the girl that he used to steer at in class, the girl that he risked their lives to save. The girl who he spent countless hours at the Crashdown for. At first they though that Max really made a big mistake in exposing them to the outside world, but when they seen that Liz was sincere about helping them, their view of her changed. She was no longer and mistake, but a blessing.

Isabel seen the change in Max when she was in his life. Max came to life, he was happy, he had a reason to wake up every morning. Every morning at the breakfast table he would have the most goofiest smile on his face and bore her every morning on how much he loved Liz. At first she hated hearing him talk about her like that until she met Jesse. She truly understood what he felt for Liz once she met Jesse. She watched them and silently thanked them for showing her what love was all about.

Michael was happy for Max. Liz was a great girl, just not for him though, but still a great girl for Max. At first he though Liz was just a distraction, but though time he found out that she was a huge help to them. He looked as Liz as a threat to their existence on earth, Max broke the rules by saving her, Max broke the rules by telling her, Max broke the rules by becoming entangled in life. He was mad at Max for a every long time until he realized that it was not just three aliens and two humans, but they were a group of five. He was happy for the couple, because if it was not for Max saving Liz, he would have never fell in love with Maria. Max might have risk their lives, but in reality, he gave them all a life, a reason to live for, he was the one who led them to their partners.

The four people watched the couple at the altar make the exchange of the words ’I do’ and of the rings that were given to them by their maid of honor and best man.

Max turned to Michael who was at his side and held out his hand.

Michael reached into his pocket and pulled out the ring and handed it over to the groom to place on his bride’s finger.

Max took the ring and began his vows as he moved the ring onto her finger.

Liz made the same movement. She turned to Maria who pulled the ring out of her bra and handed to the bride to place on her groom’s finger. Maria then took her bouquet from her.

Liz took the ring and began her vows as she moved the ring onto his finger.
The coupled said their vows with such meaning that every word was spoken with love, sincerity, and promise. They had to seal their vows with a kiss.

When the group watched them kiss, all that they could do was clamp with joy.

The justice of the peace gave Max their marriage license and the couple turned and ran out of the chapel with smiles on their face and rose petals being thrown at them.

They was happy. They would moving forward. They were leaving the past behind them. They will started a new life together, not as high school teens, but as newly married high school graduates and who has a future ahead of them.

The four piled in to the van before the newlyweds did. They looked at one another with love and excitement. They need that brief moment to take in that what they did was real, it was not a dream, but real. They had been in love with one another for years, they had went to hell and back for their love for one another, but at that moment, the pain was worth it, they were now husband and wife.

Max took Liz’s hand and piled into the van where they drove off into the afternoon sun.

They drove for about twenty minutes before they made a stop at a diner to celebrate their friends big day.

They tried their best to fill in a booth. Max and Liz sat on one side while Michael and Maria sat across from them Kyle and Isabel grabbed a table and pulled it so that it was plush up against the table of the booth. Isabel sat next to Liz.

The waitress walked over the people that rearranged the diner.

“Hi, It is too late for prom, so it must be a wedding, right?, asked the waitress noticing the attire of the newlyweds sit there glowing in newly found excitement.

“Yea”, replied Liz. She was the first to responded to the acknowledgement of their marriage. She was smiling and cuddling with Max.

“Congratulations”, replied the waitress with a smile. “What will you guys have today?”, she continued.

Everyone gave their orders. They spent the entire day there smiling, laughing, eating, and just enjoying a day away from all of the alien madness. They celebrated in the newlyweds joy.

As the evening came to a close while in the diner Michael disappeared for a quick moment and reappeared with a nicely designed cup cake. They might not have a huge wedding cake to celebrate the moment, but they would have the chance to celebrated in the tradition of the bride and groom cutting the cake.

“Here guys”, said Michael as he approached the wedding party. “I thought that this could make up for that ‘wedding cake thing’ that is done at weddings”, he placed it on the table in front of the newlyweds.

“Thanks Michael”, replied Max with a smile as Michael sat down in front of them.

With a smile on Liz’s face, she took the knife that was on the table, “shall we cut the cake?”, as looked at Max with a smile.

“Yea”, asked Max as he laid his and over Liz’s hand that held the knife.

They in unison had cut the cup cake in half and fed the half to one another.

They group watched this and clapped and smiled. They might not have had traditional wedding, but it was close enough to it.

The night to came to a close with everyone was right back their motel room.

Max and Liz was in their room. They were walking into the room. The entire day just went by like a blur.

“This day was the best day that I ever had in my entire life”, she said as she stood in the middle if the room.

Max followed her and stopped where she was, “well, you know the day is not over”, he replied.

Liz noticed to look on his face, he was planning something else for them to do. “This day is not over for another four hours, and plus, there is a few things that I think that I can think of,” with a coy tone in his voice.

“Oh, there is?”, she replied as she came close to him to kiss him. She thought that he was talking making love.

“Yes”, he replied as he took a step back. He raised his toward the clock radio. Instantly sound came from the radio, that sound was music.

Liz was shock to hear what was coming out of the clock radio. “Is that ‘I shall believe’?”

“Yea,” he replied as he walked toward her. He held out his hand for Liz, “ I think that we should celebrate our day by dancing”, he said. He cleared his throat, “Mrs. Evans, will you do me the pleasuring of having this dance.”

Hearing her new name Mrs. Max Evans made her jump for joy, silently. She nodded her head and took his hand and they danced. They danced until they feel onto the bed together making love to one another into the midnight hour.

She felt like she waited for that moment for a life time. She might have had her wedding dance with future Max last year. But that did not compare to the absolute joy that she was feeling at this moment. She was no longer wondering of what might be. She was living in the now. She was breathing in the now. She was celebrating in the now. And that was all she had ever wanted.
Our greatest fear is ourself.
Always be true to yourself because if you can't, than it is not worth anything to anyone one.