Techno Cupid(Teen,CC,1/1,9/5/10)

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

killjoy
Roswell Fanatic

Techno Cupid(Teen,CC,1/1,9/5/10)

Post by killjoy »

TITLE-Techno Cupid
RATING-Teen
AUTHOR-Killjoy
PAIRINGS-CC...only talked about not shown
SUMMARY-Alex explains to Kyle and Michael how technology keeps him from Isabel's wrath.
DISCLIAMER-Own nothing of this all owned by other people and I make not one dime from any of this.
AUTHOR'S NOTE-First off thank Jan for going over this and being a beta.Second I don't know if this is funny or if you'll like it.It's just something that came to me while at work and I'm putting out here.Third and for the story we have the normal stuff....Tess never went evil and hooked up with Kyle and Alex is still alive and with Isabel.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Although they were now all out of high school, married and had lives of their own; the four guys tried every once in awhile to get together and do guy things. Watch sports, work on cars,cook some dead animals on a hot grill, things like that.

It was during one of those times that the guys were all sitting out on Max's back porch, game going on the radio and wasting time, while Max was playing with his new toy.....the Grillmaster 5000.

"Whitman, what in the hell are you doing?" asked Michael, having watched his friend huddling over some small electronic thing he held in his hand.

This was not something totally uncommon for them to see. Alex had always been widely known for being a tech geek. One of those guys who is always up on all the new gadgets and who damn near has an orgasm just walking into Best Buy.

"Oh I'm just programming my new phone, well, my new phone, slash, I-pod, slash, I-pad, slash whatever else I need it to do all rolled into this new wonderful thing here," said Alex, not looking up from his new toy.

Michael and Kyle both turned to look at each other and roll their eyes. Max was too busy grilling to join in but he did let out a small laugh.

"Alex, you'll never change," chuckled Kyle.

"What are you doing with that thing now? Trying to contact a space station in orbit?" Michael craned his head a bit in order to see the gadget in Alex's hand.

"No. I'm just programming all my important dates in them," replied Alex. "Not that I don't have them memorized in my head. It’s just safer to have a back up, just in case, to remind me."

"What kind of dates?" asked Kyle, now curious. "Like a football schedule? Because I'm telling you the Cowboys are going all the way and winning the Super Bowl this year!"

"You are so wrong there my friend!" shouted Michael. "You can NEVER count out Peyton Manning and it’s the Colts who are going to win it all this year!"

"No it's the Cowboys who will win!"

"The Colts are doing it this year!"

"The Cowboys!"

"The Colts!"

"Cowboys!"

"Colts!"

"Actually that's not what I'm talking about," said Alex, interrupting the moronic 'debate' his friends were having. "I'm putting my important dates in here."

"What important dates are those Alex?" asked Max, turning from the grill for a second.

"Oh, you know the normal, Isabel's birthday, our anniversary.Things I already know but like I said never hurts to have back up.I got this thing set to go off twenty four hours before each important event in case I forget."

Both Kyle and Michael started to snigger causing Alex to look up from his new electronic toy for the first time and glare at them.

"What?"

"You're putting stuff like 'that' into your phone?" smirked Michael, who then elbowed Kyle in the side good naturedly and the two, once again, started laughing.

Sighing Alex closed up his phone and looked at his two cackling friends.

"Like I said I already have these dates in my head. I'm just being safe with a back up plan is all. And besides least I can remember my wife's birthday," smirked Alex who then turned to look Michael in the eye.

"So Michael, tell me, just when is Maria's birthday?"

Michael quickly stopped laughing and suddenly looked like someone had pole axed him! He was all bug eyed and his mouth was moving but nothing was coming out, kind of like a fish does when out of the water.

"Uh well uh yeah, now hold on I know this one!" stuttered Michael, as he raked his brain for the right answer. “Uh January. I know it's in January because it was colder than hell last time. January the twenty second! That's it. I'm sure of it!"

"Actually," smiled Alex, as he used his finger to tap his forehead. "Maria's birthday is January the second. See you would have missed her birthday and then where would you have been?"

"More than likely buried under a big rock somewhere after a painful and horrible death," Michael muttered under his breath.

When Kyle started laughing like a hyena Alex turned to him.

"And you mister have no room to talk!"

"Huh, what?" asked a confused Kyle.

"What happened to you last year when you forgot yours and Tess's wedding anniversary?"

Kyle suddenly looked shame faced.

"I had to sleep on the sofa for a week. Plus, she mind warped me so that every time I tried to watch sports on TV all I saw was episodes of Sex in the City. I mean don't get me wrong Kim Cattral is hot and all but there's only so much Estrogen soaked TV a guy can take!"

The other three men nodded their heads at that known fact.

"Max?" Alex looked up at their grill master.

"Yo?" answered Max, as he flipped the burgers.

"When is Liz's birthday?" asked Alex.

"September the tenth," Max quickly answered.

Alex nodded. "And your wedding anniversary?"

"June the fourth," Max once again fired back not missing a beat at grilling.

Alex turned to look at Michael and Kyle and smirked as he waved his phone at them.

"And you guys wonder why Max and I are never in trouble with OUR wives?"

Michael turned to glare at Max. "Show off."

"Never insult the man who prepares your food Michael," smiled Max. "You of all people should know that!"

Grunting Michael turned back to look at Alex or more importantly at the phone in Alex's hand.

"So, uh where can a guy pick up one of those things?"

"Uh yeah, how much does one of those cost?" asked Kyle, leaning over to get a good look at it.

THE END
(please don't flame me too bad if this stunk it up :oops: )