Welcome to Smell Good Aliens - M/M - TEEN - Complete 8/18

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Ti88
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Welcome to Smell Good Aliens - M/M - TEEN - Complete 8/18

Post by Ti88 »

RH Summer Fic Challenge. CC

Title: Welcome to Smell Good Aliens

Author: Ti88 aka Roselle

Rating: TEEN

Paring: M/M

Genre: Fluff

Disclaimer: Roswell and its characters do not belong to me. This is just my way of paying homage to great ideas that has inspired the writer in me. No infringement intended.

Summary: Our Candy Couple on a Road Trip…but they end up on an unexpected detour.

Part 1

Maria looked around at the stuff sitting on the curb. Maybe Michael was right and she had packed too much. They were only going to be gone two weeks anyway. Back to visit Laurie and get some time out of the alien abyss. If she crammed all of this into the Jetta there would be no space to bring back goodies.

Michael watched Maria with one eye while Amy was laying down the law for this trip she was allowing the two of them on. It was weird actually asking for permission before running off with Maria and the Jetta. It was even weirder getting permission.

“Yes Mrs. Deluca. I got it. Same rules as before applies. No sex, tattoos – although why you think Maria or I would on purpose get stuck with a needle is beyond me, no sex, and no fighting.” He smirked at her last rule.

“Uh, Maria and I can definitely ease your mind on the no sex, no tattoos…but I can’t promise the no fighting. I can promise I won’t hurt her on purpose and I’ll make sure she has a great time. And that when I’m a jerk I’ll say I’m sorry.”

Amy looked at the boy who was slowly taking her baby form her and sighed. At least he was honest…and they weren’t having sex “Ok Michael. Give me a hug. You have all my numbers to the conventions I’ll be at. And you have Jim’s contact and the Parkers, as well as the Whitman’s. Any of those people can stand in and make a decision on Maria’s behalf and you have the Evan’s for you as well. Any of them for you or Maria if…if I’m unreachable. Michael Guerin you had better take care of my baby and bring her back in one piece with her heart in tack, you understand me.”

“Yes. Loud and clear.” There was nothing scarier than Amy Deluca…unless you counted her daughter Maria.

“Good, I have to run, go and attempt to convince my daughter she does not need most of this stuff.” Amy hugged Michael again, gave Maria a hug and jumped in the taxi that had pulled up to take her to the airport.

Looking at Maria’s bewildered expression he just walked over to and decided to give her a beak. “Maria, pick five outfits, three shoes, underclothes, and necessities. I picked up a new trick from Isabel. If you want something special I can just alter your clothes. Cause if we try to fit all of this in, it’s not going to go. And nothing can come back.”

She looked at him, like he was crazy. “Are you serious. I mean Iz told me you had a surprise for me, but I didn’t expect this to be it.” And with that, she grabbed the two medium bags, kissed Michael and got in the car. She leaned out the window and informed him as he just stood there. “After you take the rest of this stuff in, lock up and lets hit the road.”

Michael just looked at her and tried to remember the promise he made to her mother, it was too early in their trip for a fight….heck they hadn’t even started the trip yet.

Part 2

They were just reaching the outskirts of Arizona, when Michael realized they needed gas ASAP. Crap. Never a gas station when you need one. He looked and noticed an exit. There had to be a gas station somewhere. Taking the exit and making his way along the road, he realized this was not the same way he took when they first went to see Laurie.

“I told you Spaceboy, it was a left, then a right, and then another left. Not a right, left, left, right.” She received a growl for her troubles. Maria sat up and stretched. The sun had almost set and this part of town, and it did not seem to have businesses…she peered out the window again, it didn’t look like it had anything.

“Um Michael I think we are lost.”

Just like a chick. Always with the lost. “No Maria we aren’t lost. See the sign says plan as day
Welcome to Smell Good, AZ Population -Human - 572 Alien – Well aren’t we all a little Alien Michael shook his head and rubbed his eyes. It had to be driving non stop with the sun glaring. This was a weird Maria induced dream, because these were only things someone would see in their dreams.

“Michael! Michael!” Maria was worried. He had gone quiet and then continued to stare out the window.

Looking through her window, she saw a gas station off to her right. “There. Right there. Gas station.”
Michael pulled off and the car rolled right in before the needle hit empty. Maria hopped out the car and left him to fill ‘er up. She looked around and saw well nothing. There was only one shop. ‘Smell Good Arizona Dry Goods’ Gee I thought we had some wacky names in Roswell

Michael finished the car and went to find Maria. He just wanted out of anyplace that was making jokes about aliens. Walking into the only place that she could have gone he stopped short. “Maria, what are you doing?”

“Michael you have to come here and smell these. They smell so good. I mean really, really good.” She was holding up a candle and some type of bottle. He walked over and sniffed.

“Hmmm, not bad. I like your stuff better though. This smells heavy. Not bad just heavy. Yours on the other hand sort of sneaks up and surrounds you. It catches you before you realize it and then bam. You are caught in a Maria induced smell good haze, unable to get out.”

Maria almost dropped what she had. He picked the oddest of times to be insightful. “I didn’t know you were a fan.”

Leaning down to whisper in her ear. “Baby, if its on you, then trust me I am its number one fan…number one enemy too. But in this case we have reached a truce. A symbiotic relationship so to speak.” Michael smirked at her and put back the candle and the bottle.

She just looked at him. “Alright. Lets go then. I don’t see anyone in here anyway, so its not like I can actually purchase anything even if I wanted to. Lets just back track to the highway and call Laurie, once we see people. She can talk us the rest of the way through.”

For once Michael wasn’t going to argue with her. This place was creeping him out as well. He thought he saw an old man when he was getting gas, but he couldn’t be sure. And the pump took bills and coins and credit cards. No people interaction needed at all. Freaky.

As they left Smell Good Arizona, Michael felt it was a good time to tell Maria what him and Amy had discussed while she had finished packing. “Um Maria.”

“Yeah Michael.”

“Your mom and I are going into business together.” Wait for it. 5, 4, 3, 2, 1…

“What! My mom and you in business together? What? When? How? Why?”

“Um we are calling it Smell Good Aliens. You actually were the inspiration for it. I don’t wanna only have the option of grill boy at the Crashdown. And your mom has made a pretty decent living at her alien themed business. So I was actually thinking about making one on smell good products from an alien theme. Um so what do you think?”

“I think I have entered the Twilight Zone.”

“Gee thanks Maria.”

“No I didn’t mean it in a bad way. I’m actually excited. Wait can I be part of it to?”

“Yeah, of course…I actually need you as a tester. I just want it from a guy’s point of view you know. You know what we think smells good on you girls.”

Maria started laughing.

“What’s so funny?”

“Welcome to Smell Good Aliens…Home of the Fragrant Aliens. Come Abduct Your Scent.”

The End
Roselle