The Final Embrace and Love Lets us Live (complete)

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

forever_A_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

The Final Embrace and Love Lets us Live (complete)

Post by forever_A_dreamer »

Title: The Final Embrace
Author: Forever_A_Dreamer
Category: M/L
Disclaimer: Yes I don't own anything... I wish I did but...Well I just don't!
Summary: just a short one parter

Liz's eyes fluttered shut slowly, trying to hold on until she finally hit her deep slumber which always fell around this time every night.

Her head resting on her maroon pillow, her body surrounded by the silky maroon blanket on top of her. Her bare feet uncovered by the silky mass, which sent a gentle shiver throughout her body as she slept.

A figure climbed into her room, through the what used to be locked window. Slowly he closed it as a cool breeze flew from outside into the warmth of bedroom gently sending goose bumps over Liz's sleeping body and the body of the stranger.

His feet made a soft noise as he walked softly to her bed. The smile on his face filled with love and compassion, a little bit of heart ache was shinning in his beautiful amber eyes. His hair was raven colored with bangs that feel across his masculine forehead completing the young mans features.

He gently kneeled besides Liz's bed watching as she inhaled and exhaled and the way her chest rose and fell as she did so. He was captivated by the sight in front of him.

He looked at her straight silky hair, that he loved to run his finger through every time they were together, tied up in a loosed ponytail and wished for it to be free around his shoulder so he could touch it one last time. His gaze wandered to her closed eyes, the eyes that he loved to stare into. The deep brown pools that always made him completely forget everything but her. He wished that he would be able to look into them one last time, but he knew he never would. Then his eyes lowered past her petite nose down to her rosy lips. So full and inviting, he wanted to kiss them but refused to. He would miss the way her lips felt against his as they were embraced together happily, and he refused to give into his desire.

His hand went up to her face and gently stroked the side of her face, not wanting to awake her. The soft skin making it hard for him to let go. His fingers gently ran across her soft velvety lips one last time.

He brought his lips to her forehead, gently placing a kiss upon it. "I love you." He whispered to her watching as she moved around slowly in her bed making herself more comfortable as she slept.

"I love you Max." He heard come from the sleeping beauty in front of him. A small smile fell across his lips as he thought about the dream she was having.

He knew he would have to find the strength to leave her, and those four words made it just a tiny bit better. He knew that she truly loved him, what other reason would she be dreaming about him then, he figured.

He glanced once more at the young woman that captured this heart from one look and slowly rose from his spot on the carpeted floor. He took in everything about her room, the way it looked, the way it smelled like strawberries just the way she did. He refused to ever let go of the image.

Before walking towards the window his strong hand reached into his pants pocket. He pulled out a perfectly folded piece of paper, a letter, a final goodbye, a final declaration of his love. He put it down in the night table that was conveniently placed right next to her bed and could only hope that she would find it in the morning.

He crept over the window that would take him away from his one and only love. He placed his hands at the bottom and pushed the window open. He shivered at the cool air once again greeted him as he left the warm room.

His eyes glanced once more around the room and whispered, "Goodbye, my love."

The window closed making a soft noise as it hit the ledge, then he placed his hand on the lock and a small clicking noise was heard, telling him that the window was locked and his love was safe. Through the glass you could see the few tears that started to run down his face.

His hand went up to his eyes and wiped at them before walking over to the ladder at the edge of the balcony and climbing down, leaving his safety, his life.

The engine of his jeep was heard next. It started to get lower and lower as the jeep got farther and farther away form the balcony that he once stood on.

The sun light dawned over the petite form in the bed. It was eagerly waking the young girl as if it would be the start of a new life. A new beginning.

Liz made a low groan pulling the covers up more to her eyes trying to block the light that was fighting to wake her up. Again she moaned stretching her legs and arms giving up the fight the light was having with her.

Slowly her eyes opened trying to get used to the light streaming in through the window. Her lips then slowly curved up into a small smile as she thought of the dream that she had had last night. Her dream that consisted of Max, her two beautiful kids, a white picket fence, and a little house. It was perfect.

She couldn’t help but want to go and rush out and see Max again and kiss his soft lips that were hers and only hers.

She pulled the warm blanket off her body quickly the cool air rushing over her body. She brought her legs over to the side of the bed sitting there for a couple for minutes trying to wake up completely.

She brought her hand up to her pony tail and undid it letting her hair fall across her shoulders and greet the sides of her face. She knew how much Max loved her hair down. She ran her finger threw it, no knots evident in her hair.

When she looked over at her clock to check what time it was on this beautiful day she spotted something that didn’t belong where it was. It was a neatly folded piece of paper and on top it had her name written neatly, she could have sworn that it was Max’s handwriting.

Her suspicions were correct when she opened the letter and saw the first words written.

Dear Liz,

I don’t know how to start this. I guess the best part would be to say I love you. No matter what is written in this letter I want you to know that you, Liz, are the love of my life. You are my strength, you are what kept me alive in this world. You made me the happiest man in the world and made me feel like the luckiest too. You Liz helped me to go after my dreams, wants, and needs and you also helped me to get them because you Liz were my biggest dream, want, and need.

I am leaving Liz. I don’t want to but I have to. Michael, Isabel, and I had found our ship, something that I never thought possible in my wildest dreams. Somehow I knew that this day might come and that I would have to leave you and I think you knew too but I think we both thought it wouldn’t be so hard to leave one another.

You’re the only one I would admit this to Liz but I am terrified to go. I mean what would everyone think of me? What happens if I can’t be the king they want me to be? I am terrified because I know that I can’t be complete and do my best in everything if your not here with me. You give me the strength to do everything that I have to do. You helped me to achieve things that I never thought possible. You, Liz you are the other half of my soul, so how can I ever be happy again without it.

Michael is excited to go and I guess that it makes sense because he never had family and now he has the chance to go and meet his real family. He’s excited that he might have a brother and sister and I am willing to do anything to let him get that happiness. He has had it so much harder then the rest of us put together.

Isabel I guess you could say is a mix of excitement and disappointment. She wants to meet her real mother and father. She wants to know what they are like, how much she has in common with her, if the look alike in any way. I also know though that she hates having to leave her parents here now without a word or explanation. They have given us so much more then they truly had too.

I am interested to know who my family is on my planet but I would rather stay here. My parents here are loving, supporting, and I know that they would care for Isabel and I no matter what we told them about ourselves, but it’s that fear that stops me. If I had to chose though, like really chose where I wanted to live forever. It would here. It would be with you because you Liz are my family.

I always wanted a family with you, since the third grade. I might have not known that much in third grade but I knew that you were the one that would be able to complete my soul and make me feel human.

So Liz, even though I have to leave you, I want you to know that I will do everything in my power to come back to you. I refuse to leave you forever. You will always be in my heart and I love you with every part of my being. Liz, I wanted to have kids with you, I wanted to live together, go to college together. I wanted us to be happy together always but now that seems like an impossibility, I know. But I promise you Liz that a love like ours will always be able to find one another in each life.

So Liz Parker if I never see you again just remember that I will be waiting for you forever. I love you, Liz, so much that I don’t know how long I will be able to be parted from you. I love you and I am so sorry that I had to leave like this. I am so sorry that I never got to kiss your soft lips one last time or look into your eyes one last time.

I am sorry for not talking to you about this but I knew that if I did I would never be able to leave, so this was the next best thing. I love you Liz Parker and I know that I said it like a million times but I want you to know that I truly, and completely love you and would never intentionally hurt you.

I love You, Liz Parker.

Love Always and Forever,
Max[/b]

Tears cascaded down Liz’s face as she read the letter over and over again each time her heart breaking a little more. She cold see the tear marks the lined the paper not only from her tears but from Max’s when he was writing the letter to her and she knew that it must have killed him to do this.

Liz leaned against the wall in back of bead and closed her bed, the letter still clutched tightly in her hand. “I love you Max and I forgive you.” she said into the empty room hoping that somehow Max could have heard her.
Last edited by forever_A_dreamer on Mon May 26, 2003 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Read My stories:

Do what I have To Do
Who Would Have Thought
Can You Save Me?
forever_A_dreamer
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by forever_A_dreamer »

Title: Love Lets Us Live
Category: M/L
Author: Forever_A_Dreamer
Disclaimer: Yup...I still don't own anything...Still don't....Still don't.. .well u get the point!
Summary: Uhh.. read to find out..

Ok here’s the Next one parter.. it take place 10 years after "The Final Embrace"...so if you haven't read that yet, I suggest you do.

Part 1

Liz looked up at the building in front of her. The Crashdown. It hadn't changed a bit since she had left. She stood in front of the building a bag in her left hand, a small smile on her face, and a life full of memories surrounding her in this small town.

She knew walking into the Crashdown would bring back so many memories that she may not be able to control herself. Memories of Max, his beautiful amber eyes, and a strong masculine body sitting in the same booth he sat at every day. She would miss the way his eyes bore into her back as she walked around the cafe serving the hunger costumers. She would miss the way he sneaked in behind her while she was on her break and kiss her as if it was the last time.

Liz tucked a piece of her still long, silky brown hair behind her ears and courageously pushed open the doors to her past.

There was a small crowd in the cafe. She could hear the noise of forks hitting plates, people talking to one another, a bell signaling that an order was ready. She couldn't help but let her eyes roam around the building searching for the familiar amber ones which she already knew wouldn't be there.

She couldn’t help but feel disappointed when she found a complete stranger sitting in Max’s regular booth. The smile that was on her face just a minute ago had disappeared completely. Her head lowered to the ground as she felt a couple of tears form in her eyes and roll down her cheeks.

“Liz? Is that you?” Maria’s voice echoed throughout the Crashdown happily.

Liz quickly wiped the tears from her eyes and plastered the best smile she could on her face as she lifted her head to look at her best friend. As Liz brought her head completely level with Maria’s she heard a loud squeal and then two small petite arms wrap around her body.

“I missed you so much Maria.” Liz whispered into Maria’s straight blonde hair, a little bit of sadness combined with happiness etched into her voice.

“I missed you too, Liz.” Maria said to Liz excitedly, she was happy that her friend returned home, she knew how much Max’s departure left her in pieces. She thought Liz would never returned because she knew that everywhere Liz turned there would be memories of Max all around her.

“So how have you been Liz?’ Maria asked a genuine smile on her face as she pulled away slowly from her best friend and looked at her truly for the first time.

“I’ve been just great Maria.” Liz told Maria broadening her already fake smile.

Maria could tell that Liz was lying. There may have a been a huge smile on her face but her eyes were the saddest thing that Maria had ever seen. Liz’s eyes were always the windows to her soul and Maria knew she wasn’t strong enough to talk right now. Being back in Roswell was killing Liz‘s soul and heart.

“Chica, why don’t you go up to your room you look really tired. You should get some rest. Your parents aren’t home right now they are away for the weekend, so you have the place to yourself.” Maria told Liz knowing that Liz needed to rest and get used to being home again.

Liz nodded her head and grabbed her bag which she had previously dropped on the floor so she could hug Maria. She gave Maria a small smile knowing that her best friend saw past her fake smile.

Slowly she made her way to the entrance to old room. She opened the door and felt the tears well up in her eyes again as took in everything around her. It was exactly the same as she left it.

She looked over to her window and out to the balcony. She remembered how she met Max so many times up there without her parents permission. A couple of tears started to run down her face and softly fall to the floor.

She made her way to her bed and laid down. Max was probably right there, she thought to herself as she looked into the direction Max must have been the night he left her all alone. More tears fell down her face and she gently tried to wipe them away.

Her hand made its way down to her pants pocket which held the one thing that meant the world to her. Slowly she pulled out a piece of paper. It was wrinkled and creased in many different spots. A couple of rips around the sides and a couple of more tear marks lined on the paper then the first time she read it.

It was Max’s letter, the last thing he left for her.

She read the letter over and over again until she couldn’t keep her deep brown eyes open anymore. She feel asleep tears in her eyes, and Max’s letter clutched tightly in her hand.

”Michael we have to make it back.” Max voices yelled over all the loud noises and beeping.

“Max, we were just hit by a small meteor!” Michael yelled back to him as one of the crew members told him what would happen.

Max looked around the ship and didn’t know what to do. Red lights were flashing all around the tiny ship signaling disaster, as were the loud beeping noise. The crew was running around the control room trying to figure out what was wrong and how they could fix it. All the signs though led to the end.

Isabel sat in her chair, crying, almost positive that she was going to die. The tears fell one after another. One after another crew members went up to her trying to calm her down but Max knew that deep down no matter how much they tried to make it to seem it wasn’t that bad they were going to crash.

Michael ,on the other hand, was trying to help fix whatever he had to. He was yelling commands left and right and trying to keep everything in order. Max knew that he wouldn’t be able to save them either.

Max though refused to listen to anything around him. He knew what was going to happen to him and his family but he refused to even think about it. The only person he could think about was Liz, his beautiful Liz. That’s why they were coming home. They wanted to see the people they loved, they wanted to see the people they considered their real families.

Max heard a someone yell again and the ship start to fall faster. Everyone was silent, even Isabel, as the ship moved faster and faster probably to their deaths. Everyone buckled themselves in as best they could.

“We’re going to hit land any second.” Max heard a scared crew member say to him.

Max felt guilty that this was the last time that any one of them will be alive. He didn’t want to be the reason of so many deaths, especially those of Isabel and Michael.
“I suggest we all hold on then.” Max said trying to make the situation seem better then it really was. No one laughed.

They soon could all the see the desert about a yard away and closed their eyes ready to hit the land. Max pictured Liz’s beautiful face. He watched as she laughed and he knew that it was the last thing he would every see.

The next second the ship crashed into the desert. Nothing was heard inside the ship anymore. The lights stopped blinking and the beeping had stopped. There was no movement at all.

Liz shot up in her bed tears rolling down her face faster and faster with only word on her lips. “Max.” she whispered into the dark room.

She jumped out of her soft bed as fast as she could and threw on a pair of sneakers. Grabbing her keys from the night table next to her she ran down the stairs and through the Crashdown to her car.

Maria watched Liz run out of the building tears running down her face and whispering Max name over and over again. She knew she had to follow her.

“Courtney, cover for me!” she yelled to the new waitress and ran out of the Crashdown and jumped into her car and followed Liz.

“Max. No. Please no.” Liz whispered over and over again in her car as she drove out to the desert. “Don’t let him be dead. Please!” She yelled silently in her car.

She looked at the stars in the sky and hoped that her dream wasn’t true. She wished that Max was still alive and was with his family.

The tears have not yielded yet making Liz’s vision blurry. As she drove but she hardly noticed as she worried about not just Max but Michael and Isabel too.

Liz found the part of the desert that she had been out on so many times in the past and drove. She looked for any signs of a disaster…anything. She drove past the pod chamber and still saw nothing. She wasn’t sure if she should be happy, sad, worried, elated or frightened.

She didn’t have a lot of time to think about that though as she saw a small ship crashed in the ground. Pieces of debris spread around the area. She looked around for movement and thanked the stars when she saw someone.

She watched as the people turned to look at her as she stopped her car and jumped out. She watched as their hands went up ready to defend themselves. Her eyes glanced around the crowd of people and was frightened when she didn’t see Max anywhere.

“Liz?” She heard from in back of her and turned around quickly frightened.

“Maria, what are you doing here?” Liz asked her quickly.

“I saw you run out of the Crashdown and I had to know what was wrong.” Maria told Liz truthfully. “ I was worried about you. Why are you out here and who are these people?” she paused for a second and looked at Liz questioningly and Liz nodded her head. “You mean it’s their ship?” Maria asked her eyes widened in shock.

Liz nodded her head. She turned back to the group that had moved closer to Maria and her, their hands raised in defense. She looked quickly through the group again looking for Michael , Isabel, or Max.

Liz heard Maria gasp, her hand at her mouth.

“Michael!” She heard Maria scream a smile spread across her face.

Liz saw a dark haired man turn around and a smile fall across his face but had worry in his eyes. He pushed through the crowd Isabel holding onto his hand. Isabel looked frightened and worried. Her eyes wandering around the crash area.

“Everybody these are our friends, Liz and Maria!” Michael announced to the group each lowering their hands skeptically and Liz didn’t blame them.

Liz watched as Michael went over to Maria and gave her a quick kiss and hug. Liz would have been happier for the two if she knew where Max was.

“Michael, Isabel where’s Max?” Liz asked them a small smile on her face happy that she was going to be able to see Max again and kiss his soft lips and tell him she loved him so much.

Michaels head lowered to the ground slowly and Liz’s smile fell from her face. Liz walked over to him and Isabel. She saw the tears well up in Isabel’s eyes again.

“Where is he Michael!” Liz yelled to him already knowing deep within her heart and soul. The tears started to fall across her cheeks again.

“Liz.” Michael started and then paused. “He was ba-badly injured. I don’t know how to say this but he is…he’s dead. I’m so sorry Liz.” Michael told her stuttering on some of his words as tears formed in his eyes.

Liz just stood there. The tears stopped falling down her face. No emotions were evident in her eyes or in her facial expressions. See just stood there staring into space for a couple, scaring Michael, Isabel and Maria.

“I want to see him.” Liz said no emotion in her voice or her face still.

“Liz he’s dead. I don’t think…” Michael started but Liz cut him off.

“I want to see him.” Liz tried to say forcefully but her emotions starting to break down her strong exterior.

Michael nodded his head and looked to the ground as he started to walk. Liz quickly followed as did Maria and Isabel. They walked over pieces of metal and other materials from the ship. Liz’s eyes filled with devastation as she looked at everything around her.

“He’s right over there.“ Michael said pointing to a group of men which seemed to be surrounding something. “let me just go tell them that you are going over there.”

Liz nodded her head and watched Michael slowly walk over to the group and say something. She watched as they nodded their head. Michael looked over to Liz and signaled that she could come over now.

Liz walked over to Max’s body slowly. As she got the group of people she saw their bowed his heads and a tear fell down her cheek to the ground.

As she continued she glanced over Max’s body starting at his feet. He eyes wandered up his legs to his beautiful chest and then his face. His eyes were closed and he looked so peaceful. He had a couple of cuts spread across his face and Liz fell down to her knees next to his body.

“Max.” She said as she the tears came uncontrollably. “No Max.” she whispered as she laid her head on his chest her eyes closed clutching onto one of his hands.

“Why? Why you?” Liz yelled as she sat on the ground leaning on Max’s body. She lifted her head off of his chest and looked at his face again.

She brought her hand to the side of his faced and gently held on to his face. “I love you so much . So much.” She said as she brought her lips down to his already cold ones.

Then the most amazing thing happened. Liz got the one thing she never thought she would get again. Flashes.

Flash

Max watching Liz in third grade.

Flash

Max watching Liz as she waited on costumers.

Flash

Max telling Liz about his alien heritage.

Flash

Max and Liz kissing in the back of the Crashdown.

Flash

Max and Liz kissing on Liz’s balcony.

Flash

Max watching Liz sleep before he left for his planet.

Flash

Liz crying as she read Max’s letter.

Flash

Liz waking up after having her dream about Max dying.

Flash

Liz driving to the crash and seeing Michael

Flash

Liz seeing Max for the first time.

Liz pulled away form Max slowly her eyes widening and her mouth opening in shock. She looked around to Michael and the rest of the gang and he looked at her questioningly.
Michael then saw Max’s hand move slowly and touch Liz’s hair. He watched as Liz turned her head sharply and saw Max smiling up at her. Michael ran over to the two shocked at what had just happened.

“Liz? Is that you?” Liz heard Max say his voice horse and she could tell he was hurting. He had a huge smile on his face though.

“Yes Max it’s me.” Liz said holding onto his hand as tight as she could without hurting him.

“You saved me Liz. I was in this dark place and then I felt your lips on mine and I saw flashes of you and me. Then I woke up to you. Thank you.” Max said to her softly trying to regain his strength.

“Max I don’t think…” but Max cut her off by bringing his finger to her lips.

“You did Liz.” He told her simply hoping she wouldn’t try and deny it again. He closed his eyes again feeling really tired. His whole body was hurting but he was just happy to be in Liz’s presence.

“I love you Max. I was so scared. I thought you had left me forever” Liz said to him kissing the hand that she held.

“Liz no matter what happened to me, I would always find you. We’re two halves of one soul, mine would always find yours.” Max said simply. He closed his eyes a smile on his face and whispered, “I love you, Liz.”

THE END....Maybe?
Read My stories:

Do what I have To Do
Who Would Have Thought
Can You Save Me?