Chaotic Serenity (CC/MM, Adult) 1/1 - 04/05/10

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Chaotic Serenity (CC/MM, Adult) 1/1 - 04/05/10

Post by PML »

Chaotic Serenity-

Disclaimer- Roswell is not mine and no infringement is intended.

Category- CC-MM

Rating- Adult

Summary- This is a companion piece to A Kiss to Build a Dream On. It takes place not long after Kyle reaches the Evan’s apartment to confront Tess. (Chapter 20) That is the Thursday before Christmas. The man who would have died is now safe, at this point his fate is safe. Theses stories take their place.

Naturally it would be much easier to read if you have already read Kiss up to that point. But I will strive to make it accessible on its own. To truly understand this story you should at least read The Dismal Silence As it covers the events immediately preceding the events recorded here.

Hope you enjoy.

Maria

Maria stared at the ceiling and listened to all of the machines that surrounded her.

She was frightened, although she was careful not to let that slip along the Bond.. A Bond that she could easily feel since so much of her normal level of sensation was gone.

Her upper body hurt. But what worried her more was the fact that she couldn’t feel anything below right underneath her arms. She had tried to wiggle her toes, but all she felt was an empty numbness.

Paralyzed. She was paralyzed.

Calm. Keep calm.

And there was this thing on her mouth, all but forcing air into her.

She couldn’t even breathe on her own.

A tear formed and she blinked it away. She tilted her head the tiny bit she was able to.

Michael was still gone. Still hunting the thing that wanted her dead. Wanted to turn off these machines and watch as she slowly suffocated.

She was trapped and unable to help herself solely dependant on Michael.

The only solace was the new feeling, the new Bond she had with him. She could feel him.

And all the doubts she had once had, doubts as to whether he loved her. They were gone.

She blinked back another set of tears.

She knew herself. Knew that she wasn’t all that special. Her own father had abandoned her for Heaven’s sake!

But he loved her. What he saw when he looked at her…. She blinked back a few more tears.

Maria loved him like that. Saw the potential and the sheer energy Michael had. But to have him see her, to see her as the most wonderful thing….

Where they were going to go from here was anyone’s guess. Would Max be willing to help her? It would be an awfully public thing to do.

It could put them in as much danger or more than healing Liz had.

Was her small life truly worth that? Maria remember all the talks she’d had with Max over the summer. And remembered the first time he had told her, really told her what had happened to her.

Was she worth risking one of them like that? Risking Max again? Or worse…..

An image of Michael after being hurt like that, of Michael just shy of breaking apart.

Maria wasn’t sure she was worth that.

But if Max didn’t help her, what kind of life would she live? Would she even make it out of the hospital? And her mom. How was her mother going to pay for all of this?

Maybe it would have been better if she had died. If she didn’t have the Deluca stubbornness and tenacity.

But then she would never have known. Never have known how much Michael loved her.

That made it worth it, she supposed. IF only to herself. And to him. He had let her know. Silly lummox, always waiting to late to do things.

She just wanted to hold him again. Something she was certain that she would never get to do. Let alone all the other fun things they had done. The feel of his hands on her, rolling over her breasts and along her body.

She wasn’t sure how long she had been here. But it had been walking from his apartment that she had been hit. They had just had an argument. A shame because the argument had started during a major make out session.

She had been a little distracted his kisses. Her hands had roamed over him. Her bra had already been discarded. It got in the way of his devotions. She no longer let him unhitch them. Losing two pairs due to damaged clasps was enough. (He melted them when he got frustrated.)

Below the belt was supposed to be off grounds. Okay, well the legs were fine, but there were supposed to be no go zones. She had occasionally let him roam a bit into them. And that must have been a mistake.

Because she had felt as his hand slid across her curls headed further south. That should have warned him off. Sort of like a fence that said here but no farther.

Did that stop him no. He had kept going. Had slide right onto her. And when she had started, his hand twitched sending one finger into her…..

That fight had not been pleasant. She’d said things she hadn’t really meant. And so had she.

She had quickly gotten dressed and stormed out of his apartment.

He had followed. And must have saved her.

She didn’t remember being hit. But she remembered seeing the van as it had approached. Remembered trying to get out of the way. And just being stuck there.

She wished that she had kept her temper. That she hadn’t been so mean. That they had talked. Because she hadn’t been ready then. Not really. She was on the pill, her mother had made certain of that once she realized that Maria’s infatuation with Michael was not going away.

But that was as far as they would likely ever go now. She would never know what sex was like. The way her mom had made is sound, made it seem awesome. Pleasure far beyond what she felt in her make out sessions.

The Talk. Oh, it wasn’t the original birds and bees one. She’d long known that simple stuff. No, it had been when her mom had sat her down and really talked with her about it. About how wonderful it was.

And about the costs. And those had gone far beyond the simple costs of taking care of a child. Of the worry and expense.

She had never known her mother had had an abortion. That when she was eighteen, she had been in trouble and the man who had would be her father had recommended the procedure. As he had two years later when Maria had been conceived.

She might have never even been born.

But Amy had prevailed upon him to keep this one. And they had. But her father had never really wanted kids. And the additional stress had finally caused him to leave.

That was why he never came back. Why she never got cards.

He had wished she had never been born.

That knowledge had hurt.

But that talk had resealed a bond between the two Deluca women. There was still the secret of the fact that Michael was not fully human, but aside from that she shared everything with her mom again.

And her mom had cautioned her to go slow, to make sure of not just herself but of Michael. Because the emotional costs could be high.

Now she knew, truly knew what he felt for her. He loved her. He really did.

Everything went dark. And it became hard for her to breathe. She struggled vainly to pull in more air. Moved her head to somehow make it better, strained so hard to move something. To do something to make it better.

She could feel Michael race towards her. Feel his fear and worry.

She tried to send him comfort, but she was too scared.

She couldn’t breathe!

She could feel the pain as she slowly asphyxiated, could feel her mind beginning to drift.

She should have let him. Or they should have talked. Who knows what might have happened. She had been on the pill. Had already told her mom it was only a matter of time.

And Amy had said she would support her no matter what.

Maybe. Maybe instead of being the worst day of her life, of being the beginning of the end, it could have been the best day. Maybe it could have been the beginning of the future.

Too late now. Much too late.

She felt Michael’s panic for her, felt his sudden surprise.

And then he was gone. Not dead perhaps, but unconscious.

At least he would live. The thought of him following her. Of his breath stilled…..

No. He would recover.

In time.

“Max! Over here! Hurry, she doesn’t have much time!”

Liz? Was that Liz‘s voice?

“Maria, Maria. I need you to open your eyes.” Liz’s voice commanded.

Maria dazedly opened them. There was a tiny pool of light, dazzling in the darkness. Liz was holding it above her.

A worried Max joined her. “This is bad, Liz. I’ve never done anything this extreme before.”

“You can do it Max. I have faith in you.” Liz placed on hand on Max’s and together the placed it over her heart.

Sudden warmth rushed into her. She could feel as it rushed into her lungs. Fixed her damaged heart. The bones re-knit themselves and feeling began to rush along her body.

Five seconds. That was how long it took Max to heal her. And for those five seconds Maria felt as if the sun had poured into her. As if some divine light from Heaven filled her to the brim.

And when it stopped. When Liz and Max had gasped, their joined hands removed from her, it felt as if some of that light remained. As if some of it had been stuck, pooled deep with in her.

She tried to start, tried to get up. But she was secured, to keep her from hurting herself.

Liz laughingly started to undue the restraints.

Max removed the breathing tube.

Once she could move, Maria gave them both massive hugs. “I, I can’t thank you enough. I, I love you both to pieces!”

Liz looked over at Max, “I think she’s a little better.’

Max smiled tiredly, “She had better be. That was hard. Come on, we should check to see if anyone else needs my help.”

And so it went, the Roswell Miracle. There weren’t a lot of severely hurt or sick people in Roswell Memorial. Max healed six. Two of them had been borderline, just broken bones. But Max had been in the zone.

It had taken Liz basically forcing to leave. Or he might have tried to heal everyone. And even Maria could see the fatigue that Max was carrying at the end.

The last person he healed was Michael. Just a concussion. But Max healed his friend.

Liz took Maria by the side to talk with her. “Maria, me and Max. We are leaving Roswell>“

Maria looked at her friend. Liz had changed. The despair and regret that she had been carrying were gone. For the first time in a long time, Liz seemed happy. Ebullient. “Like going for good? I….”

“No, just a few days. Just to seal ourselves together. To talk through our differences and figure out where we had gone wrong before. If only to make sure we avoid it.”

“So you two?” Maria made a couple of motions with her hands.

“Yes. And you should know. I think there is something trying to stop us all. You need to be careful I know Max is going to tell Michael to protect you and to protect all the family. We just need a little time.”

“You look great. What was it like?”

Liz’s smile was angelic, “Wonderful. It was wonderful… Look there is a lot we need to talk about. A lot happened today, and we don’t really have a lot of time. Not if we want to make a clean getaway.”

“Yeah, how are we going to explain this.”

“We won’t. The way Max figures it, people will just consider it a Christmas miracle. Probably be some stuff to worry about, some people trying to prod at you. But that’s one reason we had to heal so many others.”

“Spreading out the hand prints.”

“Exactly.”

“And, um Liz. I notice that you’ve been helping Max a lot. And, well. Liz do you have powers? I mean is there something I should know about you?”

“I don’t know. Max doesn’t either. When I come back we’ll talk about it.” Liz turned to look at Max.

“Liz, just one thing. When he did this to you. Last year, did you feel. I don’t know, different?’ That pool of light that she had felt when Max had stopped healing her had begun to flow through her. Filling her.

But it had not left. Maria still felt as if something inside of her were shifting, changing.

“Yes. Kyle did too. I don’t know. I don’t know if what has happened to me will happen to you or…. I just don’t know.”

Maria held her friend. Held her closely. It might be a while before she had another chance. “Don’t be a stranger. I love you Liz.”

“I love you too. Take care of Michael for us.”

Maria just looked up at Liz with a mischievous grin. “I’m stuck here right? I mean, I can’t just go off and go home. I need for them to find me here.”

Liz nodded. “That’s probably best. Just so it doesn’t cause any additional trouble. Whatever happened to the staff, Max says the effect will wear off in an hour or two.”

Maria’s grin only grew more pronounced. “That should be more than enough time.” Maria walked over and jumped on a surprised Michael.

“Hey!” Came his surprised grunt.

Max looked at both of them with a grin. “Liz and I had better go. You two be careful. We’ll be in touch.”

Michael just stood there and watched them leave, still half holding Maria’s weight.

Maria raised her face right up to Michael’s. “Hey Spaceboy.”

Michael cried out and held her, crushing her to him. Both of them were crying as they held each other.

A few minutes and they were rapidly making out, hands roaming over. Each claiming the other.

Maria backed up and slipped off her hospital gown.

Michael just stood there and watched her in the dim light.

Maria walked back up to him. With one hand she took one of his and lead it to her. Her other slipped into his jeans and grabbed his penis in her hand. She felt as the semi-stiff dick hardened under her touch. She ran her hands along it. She had never held one of them before. So warm to the touch.

Michael just moaned and leaned against the wall. He took both of his hands, including the one she was holding, and pushed down his jeans. To let her have better access.

She stared at it. That was supposed to fit inside of her? She continued to stroke it, feeling it grow hot and taunt under her touch. “I can’t wait to feel what this is like inside of me.”

Michael opened one eye and looked at her.

The next thing she knew she was over one of his shoulders being carried off. He was moving a little stiffly, on hand raising his jeans to make it easer to move. He just growled and kicked them off and continued on his way.

“Michael let me down! Let me down right this instant, OOOFFF.” Her back hit a mattress. “Michael what do you think you are doing?”

He growled at her, “If you had continued we would have been over before we really had gotten started. Now hush.” He tried to open her legs.

She was curious and just watching him.

He placed his hand over her opening and his hand began to glow. He looked up at her briefly. “Next time we do this right. But I need to be inside of you now.”

She just smiled at his impatience.

She watched as he stared at her, hand glowing over her opening. And then he nodded and touched her.

Her hips bucked and a wave of ecstasy wove through her. Her body suddenly felt as if it were full of molten honey. She began to shake. “Michael, please…. Please.

He just looked at her reaction. “I don’t know if that really worked the way I thought it would, but.” He guided himself into her.

She was more than ready. Every bit of her needed more of him. She did everything she could to push him deeper and deeper into her. She wrapped herself around him. Lifted her body to hold him, every spot that he touched filled her with a desire for more.

And they rocked together, both exclaiming and Maria couldn’t stop giggling amidst her gasps.

So much pleasure, so much sensation.

She had thought that she was doomed to die without this. Without this glory.

And now, on a day where she had been certain she was to die, she now had life.

And it was good.

--------

Hours later officials would find them there, limbs intertwined. Sleeping, but very much alive.

A large silvery handprint emblazoned on Maria’s chest. There were six of them. Six handprints, all leading to miraculous cures. Everything from a few badly broken bones, to a case of pediatric cancer.

A mystery. A wonder.

Something had happened at that hospital. For their were signs of a fight, the power had been shut down, the back up generator damaged. All of the staff including a few EMTs had been rendered unconscious by no known means.

But no one had died. Not one person.

And there were the Six. Six people who had had their lives changed for the better just in time to enjoy Christmas.

And Maria Deluca was among them.
Last edited by PML on Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:19 am, edited 1 time in total.