Falling Snow (CC/AI, Adult) 1/1 - 04/02/10

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

PML
Obsessed Roswellian

Falling Snow (CC/AI, Adult) 1/1 - 04/02/10

Post by PML »

Title- Falling Snow

Disclaimer- Roswell is not mine and no infringement is intended.

Authors- PML, with substantial help from Mt. Gazer

Category- CC-A/I

Rating- Adult, if just barely

Summary- This is a companion piece to A Kiss to Build a Dream On. It takes place not long after Kyle reaches the Evan’s apartment to confront Tess. (Chapter 20) That is the Thursday before Christmas. The man who would have died is now safe, at this point his fate is safe. Theses stories take their place.

Naturally it would be much easier to read if you have already read Kiss up to that point. But I will strive to make it accessible on its own. Just understand that Liz is in a very bad place, and Tess is influencing people in her immediate area unconsciously. Inducing emotional rollercoaster rides that will drive much of the rest of the story.

Hope you enjoy.

A/N- This story was posted as Resisting Serendipity- which upon waking up I could not stand. OF the six stories in this series, this is the one I have had the hardest time to come up with a title for. And so the change in title. Thanks again to everyone.

Isabel-

Tonight had been a bit indulgent. She and Alex had set a quiet date for tonight, just to spend as friends. But after yesterday, after she had showed him everything…. It was hard to just pretend that they were only friends.

Hard for her, and hard for him. But Alex was always good at reading her and left off any major PDA’s. He had held her tight to him in the movie. But any extra activities had been curtailed.

He’d been the perfect gentleman. Which was almost a shame, because just this once….. Just this once she had wished a date had been more forward with her.

Tonight was an aberration. It could not be allowed to happen again. Not until they had sorted out Aric. Because if Aric had been willing to run down Maria and to kill Grant.

Her eyes closed in pain in memory of Grant. He had been worked over ruthlessly. The police had been fairly quiet about the details, but she’d had flash from his body.

He’d been beaten to death with a shovel, his body mutilated. She could still remember the feel of Grant’s despair as he begged for death. Could feel the pain as bits of him were hacked off.

She shuddered.

Alex stopped the car. “Are you okay, Isabel? You’ve seemed distant tonight.”

She looked over at him. How she loved him. And yet she had to let him go.

She had to.

No. Not yet. Not just yet. Just a little longer. Just a tiny bit longer.

“Sorry, just all of this is a bit much you know? Maria and Grant, all of it.”

“Yeah. Yeah, I was just hoping to, you know provide a little normalcy for you. I know you need it.”

Her heart rushed out to him. She closed her eyes for just a minute, trying to keep the tears from flowing.

WHY! Why was the world so cruel? She finally, finally had built up the courage to seize what she wanted. Why did it now have to be taken from her?

She felt his arms around her, as he tried to comfort her.

“It will be okay. Max will be able to help Maria. And we will find out what happened to Grant. Valenti is good. They will find that bastard who killed him.”

‘I hope not,’ Isabel thought. The Sherriff was not ready to face Aric. Not from the little Tess had told her.

Eliminating him would be difficult.

It wasn’t a matter of killing him. That was actually fairly easy. He just wouldn’t stay dead. Tess wasn’t sure how long it would take for him to recover. But the mere thought of a vengeful shape shifter stalking them from the shadows……

It made this situation seem tame. Because he wasn’t actively trying to kill anyone.

Except maybe Maria. Which really made no sense. You would think he would target Liz, or knowing what Isabel did, target Kyle.

Or Alex. She shuddered again. She pulled away slightly. “I should go.”

Alex smiled worriedly, “Let me.” He hopped out of the car and with pointless gallantry opened her door. He bowed slightly, “My Lady.”

Isabel couldn’t help but smile slightly at his zaniness. Trust Alex to make her smile. She got out of the car and both of them walked across the street to her house.

She turned to face him. “Well.”

Alex looks away for a moment. “Yeah.”

“Alex I had a good time. Thank you.”

“No problem. Like I said, I could see you needed normal tonight.” He moved closer. “Isabel?” His arms held hers, his eyes looking deeply into hers.”

Isabel’s heart was beating a mile a minute. This wasn’t how this was supposed to go. He was supposed to maybe give her a little peck on the cheek. Or maybe wish her a good night. Or.

She just looked up at him, her lips slightly parting.

He kissed her. It started light. Almost like he was testing the water. Seeing how she would respond.

She knew she should try to brush him off, try to push him at least a little away. Instead her arms reached around him and she deepened their kiss.

A few moments later they parted, both struggling to catch their breath.

Alex just smiles at her happily.

Isabel smiles back for a moment, tempted to kiss him again. She needed to. She had to….

No. No it would not be safe. This had gone on long enough.

She let her smile fail. She closed her eyes and tried to will the butterflies to stop, to slow down her heart. She opened her eyes and saw worry in Alex’s eyes. Worry mixed with hurt.

“Alex, I, I.”

It was so painful to watch as she could see the pain enter his eyes. He knew. He knew what she was about to say.

No. She couldn’t do this. Not here. Not like this. Not to him. He had to know, to understand. To be able to forgive her.

Because someday, someday when it was safe….. She wanted him to be there. It might be too late for them, too late for her to actually have what she wanted. But just the fact that he would live, that he could go on….

That he could go on, even if it meant without her.

Because he meant everything to her. He hadn’t. But now….

‘My God, I LOVE him. And not in a small way. How the hell am I actually going to do this?’

Alex just watched her, a sense of inevitability rolling off of him.

“Alex, I can’t do this here. Can you, can you come inside?”

“Sure. Its, its better than going home. Mom and Dad won’t be back until Sunday.”

“Oh. Sorry, I didn’t know that.” She unlocked the door and walked in.

Alex followed her continuing, “Yeah, well they’ll be home for Christmas. Say, you attend the public midnight service, right? I think I saw you there last year.”

“I go every year with Mom and Dad. Maybe this year I can drag Max. But I doubt it.”

“He doesn’t like crowds?”

“He doesn’t believe in God.”

“Oh.”

Both of them walked into the Living Room and chatted with her parents. They mostly asked about the movie. Had it been anyone other than Alex, they would likely have given her date the third degree.

But they knew and trusted Alex Whitman.

‘Would they trust him if they truly understood how much I want him? If they knew how much he meant to me?’

Alex had charmed her parents the way he seemed to charm everyone. Everyone liked him. They didn’t always take him seriously, but they liked him.

She smiled as she watched him disarm her parents. She felt her mothers gaze on her for a moment, just a moment of calculation flashing across her face. And then it was gone.

A few minutes later Alex and Isabel were going to her room. It was late, and Alex would have to leave soon….. But they trusted Alex.

Isabel shook her head in bemusement as they walked into her room. She clicked on the light and made her way to sit on her bed.

She both hoped and dreaded that Alex would follow her. That he would hold her again. Because when she was done, they wouldn’t have another opportunity for a while.

Isabel really hadn’t realized how much this was going to hurt.

Alex grabbed the chair she used at her desk, reversed it and sat backwards in it facing her. His gaze was accusing as he said, “You are going to break up with me.”

Isabel is taken aback and shakes her head.

“Oh, come on, Isabel! I’ve been watching you all night.”

“Its not because I want to.”

“Right…… That’s the way it always is, Isabel.”

This was not going the way she had thought it would. “Really, Alex.”

“You always have some good reason to push me away, and it has got to stop.” Alex started shaking his head seriously, “You have to stop pushing me away. It’s killing me.”

“Alex, I wouldn’t, I couldn’t have shared everything with you if I didn’t care for you.”

“And that’s great. That is just dandy.”

“Alex,” Isabel said with a little whine.

“Right. So. How long do I have to stand back and just watch you this time?” Alex turns away from her and just stares at the wall.

“I don’t know. I just don‘t know. It‘s not like I want this. Not this time.”

Alex turns back to her, angry, “Like I haven’t heard that one before.”

Isabel sighed heavily, “I’m ready. I really am this time. But my life, there is always something in the way.”

“Right, Maria’s ‘Alien Abyss.’ You know that this is just the same old shit, Isabel. Nothing has changed. Let me guess, this is for my ‘safety.’”

Isabel put every ounce of certainty into her voice as she said, “Absolutely.”

Alex just shook his head, “When will it ever BE safe, Isabel? When?”

“I don’t know. I really don’t” She looked away guiltily.

“So. That damn fortune teller of Maria’s was right after all.”

“What?”

“I will be your foundation. You say that you love me, but you never fully commit because it is too damned dangerous. And so we will never share what we could. What we should. Damnit!” Alex stood up and began pacing. “Never a moment of expressed lust between us,” He finished softly.

“Alex…. I want to share that. I really do. But it is too dangerous. You know what my life is like.”

Alex just sighed and continued pacing, his gaze never reaching Isabel.

Isabel’s heart was heavy as she watched him. But she knew that she could trust that Alex would do what she asked. She could always depend on him. As he had said, he was becoming her foundation. She continued, “There is something you have to know.”

Alex’s reply was bitter, “Oh you have my attention, forever if need be.”

“The danger I am talking about has already landed Maria in the hospital. And Grant in the morgue. This is serious, Alex. Really serious.”

Alex stopped pacing and faced her, “Maria? Grant? But…” He thought for a brief moment, “You don’t think the Skins are back or your crazy Dupes? Are they looking for revenge?”

“I wish it was, oh that would make things so much simpler.”

“Then who?”

Isabel’s voice was hard with hatred and contempt, “Our ‘Protector.’ He is trying to force us to follow Destiny. And he will let nothing get in his way. Nothing.”

“You have another? Another Protector?’

“Not that I am aware of.”

Alex looked at her confused, “But the only one you knew about was Nasedo. And he is dead.”

Isabel shook her head. “No. No he is not.”

Alex blinked, “What?”

“Some how he regenerated. And he’s back, just like, just like a Terminator from one of those stupid sci-fi movies you love.” Isabel swallowed and looked Alex straight into the eyes, “And he is not going to stop.”

Alex began to curse under his voice.

Isabel just watched him for a moment.

He stopped and turned to face her again, “Ok. So what is it that I need to do?”

Isabel blinked back a couple of tears as her mouth opened and closed. She closed her eyes for a moment, feeling the feather touch of a tear sliding down her cheek. “You need to let me go. You need to break both of our hearts and just let me go.”

“For how long?”

“I don’t know. I don’t have a plan. But it, it may take time. It may be that you will just have to let me go. Forever.”

“Isabel…..”

She can feel him nearing her. Through her Bond. Tess had warned her. To not let it develop too much with Alex. Because it would only bring them both pain.

Like it was now.

“You know that I love you Isabel. I love you.”

“I just know that being with me isn’t safe. If something happened to you.” Her eyes clenched and more tears began to fall.

“I will wait. For you. I will always wait for you.”

Isabel’s eyes open, “No. Please. Don’t do that. We don’t know, we don’t know how long this will take. Please. Find someone. Someone you can love as much as you do me.”

“Never Isabel, I will never find someone like you.”

“Please…..”

“Can we, can we at least be friends?” He reached over and smoothed a tear from her face.

She smiled wanly up at him. “I would like that. I, I would need that.”

Isabel felt herself trembling with emotion.

Alex reached over and sadly ran his fingers through her hair. “No matter what happens, Isabel. Just remember that I love you. And I always will.” He turns and begins to walk to her window.

Isabel softly whispers over her tears, “I love you too, Alex Whitman.”

Alex stops one hand on the window. “No. No not yet, I can’t leave just yet.” He turns and moves swiftly towards Isabel. “I know that I have to give you up. I, I can’t say that I like it. Or that I will ever recover. But….” Alex smiles. “A goodbye kiss. Surely that is the least I can ask of you?”

Isabel just smiled.

They kissed. Once more the butterflies returned. Only they seemed so much larger, so much more active. She felt tension form in the pit of her stomach and warmth begin to flow into her.

Alex moved away, his face flushed. “Good bye.” He began to walk back toward the window.

Isabel was feeling…. Strange. Hot almost. Her entire body began to tingle. Her heart racing. She began to notice with interest how Alex’s muscles moved under his clothes as he made his swift movement toward the window.

And he paused. He looked once more at her, his gaze hot with desire.

Isabel looked away.

She could feel him turn from her. The vibration along the bond was pulsing, a sense of need with every pulse.

Alex stood at the window and opened it. He stared out at the sky, “You know they said we might even get some snow this Christmas. Wouldn’t that be wonderful? A white Christmas?” He lifted on leg as if to leave. And stopped.

Isabel couldn’t help notice the slight tenting in the front of his slacks. She certainly felt the warmth around her own crotch. Her eyes weren’t the only part of her that was leaking at this point. “Yeah, snow. It washes away the cares of the world and makes everything new. But not now, nothing could make things new.”

Well actually there was something. But she had to resist! Where had this come from, this sudden surge of desire?

She didn’t know. But she knew that at its core, it came from within. If she had felt nothing for Alex, these feelings would not be hitting her so hard.

And hitting Alex.

The Bond, the still emerging Bond that they shared was only making it worse. As their mutual desires inflamed the other more.

Alex had to leave and leave now.

Her body screamed to rush over and rip his clothes off. To feel his touch everywhere, even inside her. She was fairly quivering with desire.

And she could see it in Alex’s stance too. As he turned to face her.

Her voice was quavering as she said, “Goodbye, Alex.” She stood up and took a step forward before stopping. It was just so hard!

“You are feeling this too, aren’t you? This sudden need.” He closed his eyes for a moment. “Yes. Yes, I can feel it. I can feel you. You burn for my touch as much I do for yours.”

“Please, Alex we can’t. I want this. I want it more than anything right now. But its not safe.”

Alex takes a couple of steps back towards her, eyes open just a slit. Feeling along the Bond. “Isabel…. You will keep me dangling forever. I know this. But you will always love me like I love you. What makes you think I will ever be safe. What makes you think that it isn’t already too late. That your enemies won‘t see through our pretense. Won‘t notice our longing and desire.”

Isabel needed to step back. Needed to withdraw.

But she couldn’t. She was rooted in the same spot.

Waiting.

Alex was already unbuttoning his shirt. Still moving closer to her.

Of its own accord, her hand began playing with the buttons to her blouse. It took all of her will to stop. Even then it was at the fourth button.

Alex was very near her now, She could almost feel an electric buzz singe between them. She reached out and touched his hand. And where she touched there was a faint golden glow.

Alex sighed contented. His hand and hers caressing each other.

A flash hit her. And then another.

They kissed, pulling each other closer to one another.

She didn’t even realize her blouse was unbuttoned until it slid to the floor. Honestly she wasn’t sure how it happened as her hands were much to busy roaming across Alex.

It was strange how time seemed to move so slowly and yet at the same time everything seemed to be going so fast. Before she knew it she was lying on her bed, helping Alex with her jeans.

Her bra must have been removed at some point, although she couldn’t honestly tell you when. She just lay there, legs slightly spread, waiting for him to claim her.

She keened slightly as he just stood there for a moment and admired her.

The smile on his flushed face was wide.

He was wasting time! Precious time!

She took the spare moment, kicked her legs up and removed her panties. There. Now he could just stop staring and get to business! She could feel through the bond that his body was roaring at him to make his move.

But he took his own sweet time removing his own underwear. He walked over and rummaged through his pockets.

A condom. Alex Whitman had a condom in his wallet.

He looked at her surprise. “I’ll tell you later. And no I did not expect…. This.” He fumbled for a few moments, and task complete he slid on top of her.

But not into her, to her frustration. He continued to caress her body. If he was waiting for her to be ready he was wasting time. She reached down to guide him.

“You know, Isabel. You and I are meant to be. We are. And your enemies will see it. And if you want to keep me safe.”

“Alex will you just shut up and….. Ahhhh.”

He slid into her. There was a moment of pain, which was shared through the bond. As was the pleasure that followed. They started slow, both of them staring at each other in the sheer sensation of it.

As they slowly found the rhythm that worked best for them, Alex finished his thought. “So, Miss Evans, if you want to keep me safe.” He pushed a little harder, pushing himself just that bit deeper in her. He moaned a tiny bit of pleasure before continuing, “You will have to keep me close.”

She looked up at him, and in between a series of moans, she replied, breathlessly, “Oh, I doubt that will be a problem Mr. Whitman. Because from now on I want you very close indeed..” And she moved to kiss him, one hand forcing his mouth to hers.

Kissing him would keep him from making any other smart remarks. Besides he was a good kisser.

Isabel couldn’t know that the stress of all the days events, coupled with the much more pleasurable stress that Tess’s own uncontrolled powers had pushed on her, had weakened her own control.

With hope restored to her heart, she ached to give Alex what ever she could. Her powers gave the atmosphere a slight nudge.

And it began to snow.
Last edited by PML on Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.