Laughed Until We Cried (M/M CC TEEN) 1/1 Complete 2/11/10

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

RhondaAnn
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Laughed Until We Cried (M/M CC TEEN) 1/1 Complete 2/11/10

Post by RhondaAnn »

Title: Laughed Until We Cried
Author: Rhonda
Rating: Teen
Summary: Michael and Maria songfic. The song is Laughed Until We Cried by Jason Aldean. I highly recommend you give it a listen!
Disclaimer: Not mine. If it was, do you honestly think they'd ever have broken up?!?
Author's Note: Just something that came to me as I listened to the song.

Maria was sitting on the couch folding clothes, singing along softly with the radio. She heard the strains of a new song and stopped to listen to the lovely melody. Suddenly the singer started singing and she heard the lyrics.

Going through my closet the other day
Found an old yearbook, flipped right to the page
Of that senior trip down there on that Panama strip
We all started yelling when we smelled the beach
Just couldn't wait to try our fake ids
We only had a few days, and a whole lot of memories to make
Oh man we were livin, didn't waste one minute
We talked and drank and danced and said goodbye
We laughed until we cried

They never had a spring break trip, but there were all those impromptou road trips with Michael. There was Marathon, Tucson, Las Vegas, Las Cruces, and Utah. Out of all of those trips Vegas was probably the one most like spring break. In fact, hadn't someone made that comment to Valenti when he found them? Who was it? She snapped her fingers as she remembered. Of course, it was Michael! She laughed to herself. He could always be counted on for a sarcastic answer.

They all had made the most of the Las Vegas trip, although it hadn't started out that way. When Michael and Max had finally gotten over their issues and Max and Liz had seemingly gotten over theirs, they'd actually had a really good time.
After she'd sang her song, she still couldn't believe he'd done that for her, they all had gone walking along the Vegas strip, going to the Freemont Street Experience. That had been wild. She had absolutely just loved seeing the look of wonder on Michael's face.

He had teased her about her audition as a stripper and asked if she'd give him a personal show. She had told him how Alex had defended her....Alex. The thought of him brought a momentary pang of grief to her, but she couldn't help smiling as she remembered how he had stood up for her to that lecherous man. That was Alex, always looking out for "his girls".

This past year my family
Was sittin cross-legged 'round the Christmas tree
Listenin to granddad, we all knew it would probably be his last
He was crackin jokes and we were takin turns
Tellin stories bout fishing or lessons learned
Out on the porch with him we all felt like kids again

Oh man we were livin, sittin' there reminiscin'
Yeah, we sang and talked and traveled back in time

Holidays were the hardest time for all of them. Staying busy helped and of course have Isabel, "The Christmas Nazi", around to terrorize them really didn't leave much time for feeling blue. She had them running around doing various community activities and decorating every inch of available space in their homes.

They tended to talk more about their families and Roswell around this time. Wondering how and what they were all doing. Sharing stories and traditions of days gone by helped them all feel closer to their loved ones who they couldn't be with.

And of course, every year someone had to bring up the "Santa and Snowflake Incident". Isabel would laugh hysterically every time as she recounted how Michael had begged and begged her to let him play Santa Claus. Calling her up in the middle of the night had been the last straw, but she had given in. And although it had a disastrous ending, he had been very good with the children.

Maria still blushed at the thought of those children busting her and Michael making out on the floor of the Santa hut. What they must have thought, Santa having an affair with an elf and cheating on Mrs. Claus!

It's like the best days under the sun
Every emotion rolled into one
A little of this, A little of that
Kinda happy, Kinda sad

She just stopped and stared at the radio. That was exactly how it felt living the way they did. Happy because they were together, sad because they were away from their families. All in all though, now that they had been able to settle down in one place, it was a pretty good life.

Just the other night the baby was cryin'
So I got out of bed rocked her awhile and I held her tight
And I told her it would be all right
My mind went back to a few years ago
We tried so long, we almost gave up hope
And I remember you comin' in and tellin' me the news

Oh man we were livin', goin' crazy in the kitchen
We danced and screamed and held each other tight

They hadn't been sure if they'd ever be able to have children. After a few unsuccessful months of trying, she'd been discouraged, but Michael had assured her that it was possible, it was just going to take time. He had told her not to worry, after all the trying was so much fun. She had to laugh at that because he was so right! After a few more months and no success, she'd been convinced that children with the hybrids wasn't possible after all.

A few weeks later after feeling out of sorts, she realized that she had skipped a month. Hoping against hope, but not wanting to get Michael's hopes up, she'd gone by herself and bought a pregnancy test. Not wanting to leave any evidence in her own home, she'd done the test in the bathroom at the store.

Those had been the longest five minutes of her life, but once she had seen the positive sign, she couldn't keep the joyful "whoop" inside. They still tended to look at her a bit oddly whenever she went to the store.

She couldn't wait for Michael to come home so she could tell him her news. She practically tackled him as he walked in through the door. Smothering him with her hugs and kisses all the while babbling incoherently while tears ran down her face.

At first he panicked because he thought that they were going to have to run again, but when she wouldn't stop kissing him, he kind of clued in that that wasn't the case. He had finally turned on the "Maria filter" that he hadn't needed to use in ages and was able to figure out she was telling him she was pregnant. Maria was pregnant and they were going to be parents.

For the first time in his life Michael had thought he was going to pass out so shocked was he. Maria's smile got even bigger, if that had been possible, and as she carefully helped him sit down, he just asked her in a very quiet voice if she was sure. She produced the pregnancy test and even then he kept asking her, still in that same quiet voice, if she was sure.

Right when she was about to lose all patience with him, he had given a joyful shout and picked her up and twirled her around. Then he'd immediately put her down and asked her if she was all right. She assured him she was and then they started hugging and kissing, and whispering their love to each other.

Eight months later, two became three, and Alexander Michael Guerin had been born and their lives had changed very much for the better.

As Maria shook herself out of her reverie, she realized that there was a new song on the radio and that a certain someone was making his presence known over the baby monitor. As she got up to get Alexander, there could only be one Alex, she started humming the lovely melody to herself. Thinking that she could easily learn how to play it on her guitar, she decided she'd surprise Michael with it. She thought he'd appreciate it and it would make a great anniversary gift to him.
Michael and Maria He stayed for her and she left for him.