These Shoes Were Made for Calling (CC,M/M,YTEEN) 1/1 - 1/21

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

These Shoes Were Made for Calling (CC,M/M,YTEEN) 1/1 - 1/21

Post by jbangelo »

Title: These Shoes Were Made for Calling
Author: Jenny
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Pairing: Michael/Maria
Rating: YTEEN
Summary: Michael gets Maria a present at a yard sale. Ficlet; 200 words.
Author’s Note: For nibbles2.

“Where did you find this?”

Maria grabbed the proffered gift from Michael, an excited gleam in her eye. It was one of those telephones in the shape of a high-heeled shoe, hot pink in color. She couldn’t remember the last time she’d seen one like it.

“I saw it at a yard sale down the street,” Michael answered. “It was, like, two bucks,” he added with a shrug.

Maria turned the phone over in her hands. “I had one of these when I was a kid,” she murmured.

“I know,” Michael responded.

“How did you know?” She held it up to her ear.

He shrugged again. “Saw it in a flash once when we were making out.”

Maria pulled the phone away from her face and stared at him for a moment, dumbfounded, before simply smiling and shaking her head. “You are such a surprise sometimes,” she mused. Then, “Let’s try it out!”

Like a kid with a new toy on Christmas morning, Maria gleefully plugged the phone into the unused jack in the kitchen, then quickly dialed a familiar number and waited for an answer.

“Liz? You will never believe this. Michael just got me the best gift ever…”
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”