No Room in the Backseat (CC,A/I,TEEN) 1/1 - 1/16/10

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

jbangelo
Administrator

No Room in the Backseat (CC,A/I,TEEN) 1/1 - 1/16/10

Post by jbangelo »

Title: No Room in the Backseat
Author: Jenny
Disclaimer: Not mine.
Pairing: Alex/Isabel
Rating: TEEN
Summary: Alex gives Isabel a ride home. Ficlet; 200 words.
Author's Note: For chanks_girl.

“Alex!”

“What?” He stopped what he was doing, alarmed by the tone of Isabel’s voice. She was practically turned around in her seat, looking with disdain into the rear of his little car.

“It’s disgusting back there!” she exclaimed.

Alex followed her gaze to the backseat. Sure, there were a few t-shirts and schoolbooks, and maybe an empty potato chip bag or candy wrapper or two, but he didn’t think it was all that bad. It was certainly no worse than any other teenager’s car.

“You should really clean that up,” Isabel said. “There’s not even room for anyone to sit back there.”

“So?” Alex replied with a shrug of his shoulders. “No one ever sits in the backseat anyway.”

Isabel looked at him then, her expression blank and unreadable to him. “Alex.” She said his name pointedly.

“What?” he asked again, but she just stared at him, silence filling the small space until her insinuation finally dawned on him. “Oh,” he said flatly. Then, “Oh!”

Immediately he reached into the backseat and grabbed the first thing he could reach – a paperback Cliff notes edition of Romeo & Juliet. “Well, what are we waiting for?” he asked. “Let’s start cleaning!”
“You know you’re right for someone when they force you to be the best version of yourself.”