Last Night On Earth (Teen, Ch. 3 1/14) *Complete*

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Last Night On Earth (Teen, Ch. 3 1/14) *Complete*

Post by Roswellian117 »

Title: Last Night On Earth
Author: Roswellian117(Vanessa)
Rating: Mature maybe Adult later
Pairing: A/I but all the other characters are there too
Disclaimer: I do NOT own Roswell, nor M.I.T, nor songs by Green Day.
Summary: Alex leaves Isabel during prom. He wants out of the Alien Abyss. He moves away and vows never to return. What happens when 9 years later a tragedy pulls him back to Roswell and he finally has to face his demons. Everything up until Heart of Mine happens then things get there own twist. Liz and Max get back together at prom and so do Kyle and Tess. No evil Tess. No Alex's death. No EOTW.
A/N: This is something I just have to write. There aren't enough Gazer stories for my liking!

Last Night On Earth(Click the title to listen to song)
by: Green Day

I text a postcard sent to you
Did it go through?
Sending all my love to you
You are the moonlight of my life every night
Giving all my love to you
My beating heart belongs to you
I walked for miles til I found you
I'm here to honor you
If I lose everything in the fire
I'm sending all my love to you

With every breath that I'm worth here on Earth
So if you dare to second guess you can rest assured
That all my love's all for you

I'm here to honor you

I'm here to honor you
Did I ever make it through?

-Prom-

They danced slowly to the song and shared a deep passionate kiss that seemed to last for hours. She had finally opened up her heart to someone and she was in love. Alex pulled away from Isabel in that moment and looked at her.

“ I can’t do this again Isabel. I’m sorry.” Alex said as he pushed away from her and began to walk away.

“ Alex! Where are you going?” Isabel asked as she followed him out of the prom.

“ Away from all of this, from you.” Alex replied as he stopped and turned to face Isabel who had tears running down her cheeks.

“ Alex, I know I’ve pushed you away but…” Isabel began as Alex laughed.

“ Isabel are you seriously going to say but it was to protect me? You have pushed me away so much because you’re selfish. You could’ve been with me but you chose to be with other people; even when I know you best.” Alex fumed as Isabel looked at him in shock.

“ Where is this coming from?” Isabel asked.

“ You know where it’s coming from. I have been dealing with this for way too long. I am done with it! I am done with you. Good-bye Isabel.” Alex said as he turned and walked away. Isabel watched him go.

“ Where are you going?!” she shouted after him.

“ Far away from Roswell!” Alex yelled over his left shoulder.

Isabel watched him leave her and cursed herself. Alex was the only person who she had ever truly loved. She watched him walk away and didn’t even tell him good-bye.

“ Isabel! Isabel?” Liz said shaking her sister-in-law awake from her dream.

“ Liz? What time is it?” Isabel asked as she stretched.

“ 6:30. I heard you thrashing in here so I thought I’d check on you.” Liz said with a smile.

“ Thanks, I should be getting ready for work anyways.” Isabel said as she pulled herself out of bed.

“ We have our first client at 8. Wanna catch breakfast? Max already left for work.” Liz said as she walked into Isabel’s bathroom to grab the extra hairspray. Liz held it up and smiled as Isabel pulled on her robe.

“ It’s still so strange that your parent’s sold the Crashdown to Max. Shouldn’t they have given it to you?” Isabel laughed.

“ I know but Max wanted to buy it from them. Said it should stay in the family. I think my parent’s are still upset that I chose being a wedding coordinator over a molecular biologist.” Liz reminisced with a smile.

Isabel smiled at her now sister-in-law. She remembered at prom when they had gotten back together. Kyle and Tess got together and became inseparable. Michael and Maria’s relationship changed after prom, he had become exactly what she needed and now were in a strong marriage. Isabel was alone and liked it that way. She thought about Alex for a moment but after all these years it still hurt. She was happy that she lived with Max and Liz. That was where she belonged.

“ I’m just glad your dad accepted it. They deserve to be well rested and living the retirement life in Florida.” Isabel said as Liz nodded.

“ I’ll be ready in half an hour. Maria and Tess are meeting us for breakfast. See you soon.” Liz said as she closed Isabel’s door.

Isabel took a quick shower and used her power’s to do her hair. It was still beautifully long and blonde. She looked in her mirror and was happy with her 26 year old self. She wondered what Alex looked like now. He was probably exceedingly handsome.

“ Alex… I’m so sorry.” Isabel said in the mirror like she did every morning and began to weep silently.

-Cambridge, MA-

Alex Whitman walked along the sidewalk of M.I.T as he made his way to his department. Logistics was his thing. He loved computers. Lived and breathed them.

“ Hey Alex.” Tara said as she held the door open for him.

“ How’s it going Tara? You like that new probability program I set up for you?” Alex asked the tiny blonde with a charming smile. She blushed with his smile.

“ I love the new program. Thanks so much Alex. I’ll catch you later.” Tara said with a bright smile.

“ See you later.” Alex said as he made his way to the computer room. He walked in with a smile on his face like always as Professor Logan came up to him with a smile.

“ Mr. Whitman just the young man I wanted to see.” Professor Logan said as Alex was about to sit down at his station. Alex had been working on a project to kill computer viruses before they even began.

“ What can I do for you Professor Logan?” Alex asked as he took off his coat.

“ I was wondering if you could possibly save my lap top?” Professor Logan asked with a sheepish grin.

“ Of course. If you don’t mind me taking it home with me?” Alex asked as the Professor handed it to him.

“ Not a problem. Thank you so much Alex.” Professor Logan said with a half grin and left. Alex sighed and put the lap top into his bag. He turned on his computer and checked his e-mail first thing. He opened an e-mail from his mother, Kelly, and she was talking about things that were going on in Roswell. Alex exited it quickly. He did not want to know what was happening in Roswell. His parent’s always visited him. He was done with the alien abyss. His cell phone rang. He looked down at it and it was his mother’s cell number.

“ Hey, mom I’m kinda…” Alex answered but his mother’s sobs stopped him. “ Mom? What’s wrong?”

“ Alex… your father had a massive… heart attack… doctor said…*sob*… he isn’t going to make it.” Kelly sobbed on the phone. Alex’s face went chalk white in that moment. His father was going to die.

“ I’ll be on the next plane out.” Alex said as he grabbed all his stuff. He had calls to make to the heads of his department. He stopped for a moment and thought about what he was going to face finally going back to Roswell after 9 years. It had been 9 years since he had walked away from Roswell, his parent’s, friends, and… he took a deep gulp… Isabel.
Last edited by Roswellian117 on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Last Night On Earth A/I (Mature, Ch. 1 1/13)

Post by Roswellian117 »

Here we go with Chapter 2 of my Gazer story. Thanks for the fb I totally appreciate it!!! Hope you guys enjoy!!!

Chapter 2:

-Roswell, NM E & E Events-

“ I just want it to be a very special day.” the young girl said with an excited smile. Isabel looked at her and smiled.

“ As it should be. A girl only gets married once in her life and it should be nothing short of a dream. Anna, I promise you that you will get the very best because we only work with the very best. Let’s go over the dates and your color pattern ok?” Isabel said with a wide smile and glowing eyes. She lived for planning, that’s why she was a wedding planner. She was at her best and in full Nazi mode.

Liz looked in at Isabel doing her thing and smiled. She opened her own to do list and realized she had an appointment soon. She was Isabel’s event locator. She loved scouting for places and making what the brides wanted come true. Maria and Tess worked for the company as well. Maria and Tess were in charge of design. They were in the bridal boutique finishing up with a client and her wedding dress. They did it all at E & E and it was all Isabel’s doing. People from all over New Mexico came to Isabel to make their dream weddings come true. Isabel was the best after all.

Maria walked into the main office in a hurry with a grave look on her face.

“ Liz, we have to get to the hospital right away... My mom just called me. Alex’s dad is in the hospital. It’s bad Liz, really bad.” Maria said as Isabel appeared at the doorway of her office.

“ Liz, go. I’ll take care of things here. It’s a light day.” Isabel said turning into the Ice Queen with no emotions.

“ Thanks Izzy.” Liz said as she gathered her things.

“ The dress is done Iz. Tess is finishing up the bridesmaid dresses. We’ll tell you how everything is.” Maria said as they exited the building. Isabel finished up with her clients. When they were gone Isabel cried. She cried for the pain of losing Alex, she cried for the pain Alex would be in if his father passed, and she cried for the pain she caused him.

“ I came to check how you were.” Tess said from the doorway. Isabel quickly composed herself and turned towards Tess.

“ I’m fine. I can handle this; we only have 3 more appointments today.” Isabel said as she looked through her schedule.

“ That’s not what I meant. I know you’ve been crying. We’ve been friends too long for me to not know when something is bothering you. I heard about Alex’s dad. Are you worried about seeing Alex?” Tess asked sincerely as she sat down across from Isabel.

Tess had changed so much since being with Kyle. She no longer cared about ’Destiny’, in fact she hated the word. She found her place with Kyle. He was her true love. After her and Kyle got together she formed a strong friendship and bond with Maria, Liz and Isabel. Michael and Max were no longer stand offish from her either. They were a very close knit group of friends.

“ No I am not worried by seeing Alex. Why would I be? He left. It was his decision to leave after I told him I wanted to be with him. His lose.” Isabel said coldly as Tess sighed.

“ It’s a shame. Kyle’s picking him up from the airport in about 2 hours.” Tess said getting up.

“ Kyle has been talking to Alex?” Isabel asked suddenly eager as Tess smiled. She had known that would draw her true intentions.

“ Off and on for the past 9 years. Amy has always kept tabs on Alex’s parent’s though. That’s how Maria found out. I have to get back to work. See you for lunch boss.” Tess said as she walked out of the room leaving Isabel to stew in her thoughts.

-Airplane-

Alex was nervous… extremely nervous. He had not set foot in Roswell in 9 years. He had not seen anyone in 9 years. He knew that when he left it was for the best, he had been free of the Alien Abyss and now he was about to be back in Roswell. He closed his eyes and drew in deep breaths as he felt the plane landing. Moving to Boston his Jr. year had been the best thing for him. His Aunt had welcomed him with open arms.

*Ding*

“ You can now remove your seat belts. Welcome to Roswell. We hope you enjoy your stay. Beware the aliens.” the flight attendant said with a smile. Alex rolled his eyes, if only she knew they existed. He grabbed his bag and walked out of the plane. He could feel the warm air which wasn’t unusual for spring but he was no longer used to the dry heat of the desert. Grabbing his big suitcase at the baggage claim he was already nervous about seeing his father. His cell phone rang and it was his mother.

“ Mom, I just landed. How’s dad?” Alex asked as Kelly cried a little.

“ He’s trying to hold on Alex. He’s waiting for you. Dr’s says he only has a few more hours at the most. I really need you Alex.” Kelly sobbed to her son. Tears brimmed Alex’s eyes.

“ I’ll be there soon mom, I promise. Bye.” Alex hung up the phone and wiped his eyes. He was staying for two weeks but he knew that it might be longer. He exhaled loudly and made his way to the pick up area.

Kyle Valenti waved to him from a red dodge ram pick up truck. Alex gave him a short wave and walked over to him somberly. Kyle pulled Alex into a quick hug and patted his back.

“ Sorry you had to come back for something like this.” Kyle said as he let go of Alex and put Alex’s bags in the back cabin. Alex, even though he was tall, had to pull himself up into the front passenger seat.

“ Have you seen him?” Alex asked as Kyle pulled away from the curb. Kyle looked out on the horizon, his breath deep and his look mournful.

“ Yeah, it’s pretty bad Alex. Dr’s can’t do anything for him they said. I’m really sorry man.” Kyle said as Alex looked out the window. Suddenly he thought of an idea.

“ Max.” Alex said as Kyle looked at him.

“ Alex, you know he can’t. You know that it would draw serious attention. Not only to Max, Michael, Tess, and Isabel but to me and Liz too.” Kyle said as Alex became angry.

“ You would ask if it were your father! I did so much to help them! Max Evans owes me!” Alex bellowed as Kyle pulled to the side of the road.

“ He tried.” Kyle said softly with sad eyes.

“ He did?” Alex asked calming down.

“ Yeah, he did. It didn’t work.” Kyle answered sadly as he started the truck up again and they pulled up to Roswell Memorial.

Alex rushed to his father’s room. Liz and Maria were there with tears coming out of their eyes. They ran to Alex and held him; he felt as no time had passed at all. He could see Max leaning against a wall as Michael comforted him. He could see Tess comforting his mother. When had she become so caring? He looked through the glass and saw his father… pale… and almost lifeless… and… Isabel… holding his father’s hand and she was openingly crying. Alex looked down at his two girls and smiled. Liz and Maria released him and he walked into his father’s hospital room. Kelly threw her arms around Alex and sobbed in her son’s chest. He held his mother tightly and soothed her. Isabel looked up and her and Alex shared a look. His was worried and her’s was soft. Isabel got up and walked out of the room.

“ Mom, what exactly happened?” Alex asked as she wiped away her tears.

“ We were in the kitchen. I was making him his morning coffee when he clutched his chest suddenly and just fell over. I called 911 right away. It was so sudden and massive that they just can’t do anything.” Kelly began to sob again as Alex motioned for Liz and Maria to take hold of her so he could sit with his father.

Alex walked up to the bed and sat down tentatively. His father’s eyes opened dully.

“ Alex…” Charles whispered with a small smile. Alex’s eyes filled with tears.

“ I’m right here Pop. I won’t leave.” Alex began to cry as his father’s breathing became more shallow and uneven.

“ Come… (shallow breath) home… (shallow breath) take… care… of… (sharp breath) mom… love… you.” Charles managed to say before his breathing became erratic and the machines he was hooked up started to beep.

Alex went to his mother and held her tight. His father had passed. He was gone. Alex’s world went blank for a few moments. He knew he had to be strong for his mother. She needed him now. He looked over at his friends. They were crying. All 7 of them. Why? Only Maria and Liz really knew his father. He exhaled and the tears of grief overcame him.
Roswellian117
Addicted Roswellian

Re: Last Night On Earth (Teen, Ch. 3 1/14) *Complete*

Post by Roswellian117 »

This is the first completed story I have ever written! I think it is a sweet story. I hope you all have enjoyed my dip into Stargazerism (LOL). So here is the FINAL chapter of this. Enjoy!!!

~Vanessa

Disclaimer: I own no song by Green Day or Green Day... although... I wish!

-Cemetery-

“ As we lay to rest Charles Whitman, we will always remember a devoted husband, loving father, and a good man.” the pastor finished as Kelly wiped away tears. It had been three days since his father passed and his mother was so heart broken. She had every reason to be; Charles was the love of her life.

Alex stood in front of his father’s freshly filled in grave and closed his eyes. His Aunt Judy had taken his mother with her back to the house. He wanted to wait a while, he knew a lot of people would be there and honestly he just didn’t want to deal with them. He had been in Roswell for three full days and not once had he made any effort to see or talk to his old friends. He heard voices behind him and felt two different hands on his shoulders. He knew it was Liz and Maria next to him and the rest of them behind him.

“ There’s lots of food at the house. You guys should go.” Alex spoke quietly and stiffly.

“ Your mom really needs you right now Alex, you should come with us.” Maria said as she wiped tears from her eyes. Alex shrugged their hands off and turned to see the other five. Kyle was standing with a red faced Tess. Michael and Max gave Alex looks of condolence. Isabel stood further back, she looked like she wanted to run to Alex and comfort him. He gave her a hard look and she turned her head away to fight back tears.

“ What are you guys even doing here? I understand Liz, Maria and even Kyle being here but not the rest of you. You didn’t even know my father.” Alex said harshly to the four aliens.

“ We did actually know your parents, Alex. They came into the Crashdown every Sunday. Your parent’s volunteered for our toys for tots drive every year for the past none years.” Max said.

“ Kyle and I had dinner with them every Wednesday night for the past five years.” Tess said with tears in her eyes.

“ You say we didn’t know your parents, then tell me why Maria and I always made time to spend with them while you were gone? She thought it was her duty as one of your best friends.” Michael said in an annoyed fashion. Alex looked at all these people in awe. Even though he had been gone they were still his friends.

“ When you left…” Isabel began softly, “ Your parents were really upset. I came over every night that first year to have dinner with your parents. Your mom was the one to suggest I go into the wedding planning business. She went into business with me at first but she soon she saw that I could handle it and left it to me and Liz and Maria and Tess. Your father was there every step of the way. When my parents moved to Boston you dad became like a second father to me. You have no idea how hurt we are now that he’s gone. To think that we would just leave your parents by themselves is stupid of you. You left Alex and we were left to pick up the pieces!” Isabel yelled the last part as everyone just looked at her.

“ Thank you.” Alex said softly as Isabel rolled her eyes, turned and walked towards her car.

“ I’ll see you guys at the Whitman’s!” Isabel called over her shoulder.

“ She was really close to them Alex. After you left she was there for your parents all the time. Iz became so close to Charles and Kelly. Lets go to your house. I’m sure your mother needs you.” Liz said as they walked to their cars.

-Whitman Residence-

Isabel knocked on Kelly’s door and when she didn’t answer Isabel pushed it a bit open, seeing Kelly sitting on the bed holding one of Charles’ ties.

“ Kelly?” Isabel asked as Kelly looked up at Isabel and smiled at the beautiful blonde despite the tears. Kelly couldn’t help but love Isabel as if she were her daughter.

“ Izzy. Come in.” Kelly said softly as Isabel walked into the room and closed the door behind her. Isabel sat down on the bed next to Kelly and looked that the tie she was holding.

“ That’s the one I got him for Christmas 2 years ago.” Isabel said with a smile then began to tear up. Kelly looked at her and took her hand.

“ It was one of his favorites. You know Iz, he really thought of you as a daughter. We both did. You had a very special place in his heart. You have a very special place in my heart as well. I remember one time Charles telling me…(soft sob)… that Alex had to come back so he could marry you and make you our daughter legitimately.” Kelly said as tears sprang to her and Isabel’s eyes.

“ Charles was amazing. You were so lucky Kelly.” Isabel cried as Kelly hugged Isabel tightly and the two woman sobbed.

Alex opened his parent’s bedroom door just a peek and saw Isabel and his mother hugging each other tightly. He felt an overwhelming feeling to go in there and hold both of them but instead he closed the door softly and went back to the front room where everyone else was.

“ Isabel is with my mom right now. I kinda want to be alone right now if you guys don’t mind.” Alex said to his friends as they nodded and understood.

Alex walked into his bedroom and closed the door. He looked at a picture of him, Maria, and Liz from high school and smiled. A sob escaped his throat as he looked at a picture of him and his father from the camping trip they took on the father’s weekend in sophomore year. He heard his door open and turned quickly to find Isabel there putting some food on his desk. They looked at each other for a few moments awkwardly. She was still so beautiful and Alex looked more mature, more like a man.

“ I brought you some food.” Isabel said as she stood there.

“ Thank you… not just for the food… but everything.” Alex said as tears sprang to Isabel’s eyes.

“ You’re welcome… uh… you know… despite what you may have thought 9 years ago… I was ready Alex… I had been so stupid always pushing you away and you just took it…” Isabel said sincerely as tears flowed freely now. She was different and Alex could see that.

“ You don’t need to do this Isabel. We can’t go back, we can only go forward.” Alex said as she wiped her eyes and nodded her head, “ I’ve decided not to go back to M.I.T. I think it’s time to come home.”

“ Maybe we can hang out sometime?” Isabel asked as Alex looked at her.

“ Maybe. I don’t know yet Isabel. We’ll see how things go.” Alex said as they shared a smile.

-2 Years Later-

“ I want to say congratulations to the bride and groom! I am so proud of you two!” Liz said into the microphone of her friend’s wedding. It was the biggest wedding of the year… finally… Amy and Jim tied the knot.

Max helped Liz down from the stage, after all she was 7 months pregnant. Alex jumped up on stage and grabbed the microphone.

“ I just want to say a quick congrats to the couple and may your marriage be blessed… and one more thing… finally!” Alex said as everyone laughed. “ I love you both! To the bride and groom.” Alex said holding up his glass.

“ To the bride and groom!” everyone else said.

Alex got off stage and went to sit at his table with the rest of his friends.

“ I want my very pregnant daughter and maid of honor to come up here and sing our first dance song! Please Maria?” Amy asked her daughter as Michael helped a 8 month pregnant Maria get up and onto the stage.

“ This is for my mother and my father. I love you both. I also invite all the couples to the dance floor.” Maria said as she began to croon a song.

I text a postcard sent to you
Did it go through?

All the couples went to the floor and began to dance. Alex looked at Isabel who was sitting across from him and staring at him with longing in her eyes. They had very slowly became friends again and Alex had kept it there for the past year and a half. This was their song, the song they danced to at prom.

“ Would you care to dance?” Alex asked.

“ I’d love to.” Isabel said as she took his hand.

Sending all my love to you
You are the moonlight of my life every night

“ You look very handsome in this suit.” Isabel smiled as Alex pulled her close.

“ Thank you but not as beautiful as you look in your dress.” Alex said with a simple smile.

Giving all my love to you
I'm here to honor you

They danced slowly and silently as they began to enjoy the feel of each other’s bodies.

With every breath that I'm worth here on Earth
So if you dare to second guess you can rest assured
That all my love's all for you

I'm here to honor you

“ We’ve been friends for a long time Isabel… I think…” Alex was saying as Isabel quieted him with her finger.

“ Please don’t ruin this moment Alex.” Isabel said and leaned her head against his shoulder. Alex sighed, she thought he was going to tell her something else. Alex chuckled to himself and realized she thought he was going to tell her he wanted to remain friends.

“ Isabel…” Alex began pulling away from her a bit, her eyes were brimming with tears and he gently wiped them away.

“ Alex please… I know you want to continue to be friends… I’ve let you do this your way but I don’t think I can be just friends anymore.” Isabel said as Alex held her face gently between his hands.

“ Iz, I don’t want to be just friends anymore… I want us to be happy… I think I’ve been ready for a long time.” Alex said as Isabel smiled brightly.

I'm here to honor you

“ Alex…” Isabel whispered as Alex pulled her forward slowly…
Did I ever make it through?

And they shared a kiss that was searing and full of love after all these years of being separated. They had finally found true love within each other.

The End