Not That Different (CC A/I Teen) 1/1 11/28

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Not That Different (CC A/I Teen) 1/1 11/28

Post by KaraGail »

A/N I was listening to some old music the other day and came across this song by Colin Raye. I had hought for years to do a fic to it but some how this time the thought wouldn't leave me until I actually did it. :) I would suggest to watch the video before or after reading http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFFl0VBY3jc it probably can help with what I was going for in this story. The lyrics will be found at the end.... Hope you enjoy.

"Disclaimer: The characters of "Roswell" belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended."

Pairings/Couples/Category: A/I

Rating: Teen

Not That Different

By: Karagail

It was Christmas time.

A time for forgiveness and new beginnings.

Isabel Evans was looking for both.

She needed that forgiveness and new start; needed it more than the air that she breathed.

A year ago, she had made the greatest mistake of her life and she was paying for it daily. She had walked away from a man who had loved her unconditionally and only asked that she do the same in return. But, that one small request had been too much for her.

Isabel had been with Alex Whitman for almost 6 years. They had been high school and college sweethearts and had been through a lot together. Alex accepted Isabel’s “other worldliness” and fought by her and their friend’s side as they hid from the FBI and other aliens. He was a rock in her unstable world.

Everything was perfect until she started to listen to her sorority sisters and then co-workers.

“You and Alex are so different.”

“I can’t believe you are dating that computer nerd.”

“You should date Bill. He is gorgeous.”

Isabel had ignored the chatter until one day, after too many drinks with those so-called friends; she had come home and told Alex that it was over between them. He had stood there in his pajamas shocked as she grabbed clothes out of the closet, telling him that she was moving out and would pick up the rest of her things later.

He had come out of his shell shock to ask, “Why?”

“We’re much too different, Alex.” She had sighed in resignation, “We’re from two separate worlds. It’s just not going to work out between us and it’s better if we end it now.”

“Yes we are different.” He moved toward her and cupped her shoulders, “But what we do have in common is strong enough to bond us for life, Isabel.” Alex placed a palm over her heart, “Just look inside your own soul and the person that you see just might remind you of me.”

Remembering those words now brought a tear to Isabel’s eyes. He had come up with a list of reasons why they should be together…

“I laugh… I love…I hope… I try… I hurt…I need…I fear… I cry. And I know you do the same things too…so we’re really not that different….me and you.”

Those had been his last words as she had pulled away from him, with tears in her eyes, and walked out the door. Those words had reverberated over and over through her ears not letting her escape.

Isabel had quickly jumped into the dating scene looking for someone that fit her description of a dream guy. A dark and mysterious man who she could fall in love with and have a mad, passionate affair. As she dated one man after another, Isabel found herself comparing each and every one to Alex. None of them stood up to the memory of him and their life together.

So now, a year later, Isabel was back in front of his door preparing to confront her past and hoping, with all her heart that he still loved her and would take her back. She had asked their friend’s if he was seeing anyone and they, after much cajoling on her part, was told that he hadn’t been with anyone since she left him.

“If you hurt him again, I will have to hurt you.” Maria had growled in protection over her best friend.

“If he takes me back, I will never take him for granted again.” Isabel sniffled as she brushed the tears from her cheeks.

“He won’t recover next time, Isabel.” Liz had informed her, “We spent many a night cursing your name and getting rip roaring drunk. He is now just getting himself together and moving on.”

Isabel seriously hoped he hadn’t moved on.

She had no right to expect it, but in her heart she knew that they were meant to be together and she would just have to fight to get him back.

Raising her hand, she knocked on the door.

She felt herself begin to sweat as she stood there waiting. Isabel had never been this nervous in her entire life.

Finally the door opened and there stood the man who unknowingly held the rest of her life in his hands.

“Isabel?” He frowned in confusion, “What are you doing here?”

She wanted to shout that she loved him and couldn’t live without him, but she found herself repeating his last words to her…

“I laugh… I love…I hope… I try… I hurt…I need…I fear… I cry. And I know you do the same things too…so we’re really not that different….no we’re really not that different…me and you.”

With the tears streaming down her cheeks she looked at him as he stared back. It seemed like an eternity before Alex reached his hand out and dried her tears and smiled. It was the smile that she had dreamed about over the last year. It was the smile that was filled with love and forgiveness.

“Welcome home.” He whispered and pulled her close as their lips met in a searing, heartfelt kiss.

The End.

Kara

Yeah…I know a little corny, but I was in the mood for a little corn today LOL ! Have a great Christmas!

Not That Different by Colin Raye

She said were much too different
Were from two separate worlds
And he admitted she was partly right
But in his hearts defense he told her
What they had in common
Was strong enough to bond them for life
He said look behind your own soul
And the person that youll see
Just might remind you of me

I laugh, I love, I hope, I try
I hurt, I need, I fear, I cry
And I know you do the same things, too
So were really not that different, me and you

She could hardly argue
With his pure and simple logic
But logic never could convince a heart
She had always dreamed of loving someone more exotic
And he just didnt seem to fit the part
So she searched for greener pastures
But never could forget
What he whispered when she left

Was it time or was it truth
Maybe both lead her back to his door
As her tears fell at his feet
She didnt say I love you
What she said meant even more

Last edited by KaraGail on Sat Nov 29, 2008 8:22 am, edited 2 times in total.