She Walks in Beauty (CC, M/L, CHILD) Pt 1 of 1

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

mrsjbehr
Enthusiastic Roswellian

She Walks in Beauty (CC, M/L, CHILD) Pt 1 of 1

Post by mrsjbehr »

Name: She walks in Beauty
Author: MrsJBehr
Rating: CHILD
Couple: M/L
Disclaimer: the begining starts with a quote from a poem by Lord Byron... one of my favorites
I don't own Max and Liz etc...
Everything else, including the other poem belong to me.

I think that's it. Read and please enjoy. And feel free to leave feedback...

She walks in beauty, like the night
Of cloudless climes and starry skies;
And all that 's best of dark and bright
Meet in her aspect and her eyes:
Thus mellow'd to that tender light
Which heaven to gaudy day denies.

[MAX]

I’m not a poet in my own right, though I wouldn’t deny the many times that I’ve tried to accomplish the feat of composing my own prose. No Lord Byron am I, but there have been moments when I’ve looked upon her, and the magic of lyrics and prose come like the waves presently crashing against the shores, towards me.

Her name is Liz, and she has and will always be my muse.

I watch her from the verandah of the beach house I rented for us this weekend. Amazed at her beauty as the evening sun, sinking below the horizon casts a warm orange glow over her, that just draws me to her presence.
Her dark brown hair is to her waist now in length and it blows gently in the wind giving it that lazy bed tossed look I love so much.

It has been so long since I’ve seen her this relaxed.
Away from the hustle and bustle, the stress and anger of our daily lives, I can almost see the innocence in her blossom once again.
I find myself light hearted and giggling like the school boy I once was, too long ago.

Deciding to grasp this moment, I slip the leather sandals off my feet, walking barefooted across the white sands towards her. My love, … my life…

[LIZ]

I feel him the moment he approaches me, like a rush of warmth that comforts me in this cruel world.

Max.

He’s always been my light.
It’s scary how quickly we’d lost sight of that.

When he’d whisked me off to this isolated beach in Barbados I thought he was crazy… Crazy romantic that is…

And over the past two days, he’d reminded me of the boy I’d fallen in love with almost 15 years ago.

My poet.

Though he’d surely deny it to the average person, Max has proven himself on more than one occasion to be quite the lyricist.

My bronzed bohemian love…

“What are you thinking?” Max whispers in her ear as he pulls Liz’s small frame into his arms.
She leans back automatically, glowing both inwardly and outwardly at his touch.

Liz smiles as the familiar tingle of goose bumps spread across her from the point at which his skin meets hers.

Her smile grows as she feels his lips whisper kisses across her neck, and she answers,

“…that I’d like to hear my poem again.”

“…again?” he questions, loosening his hold on her just enough for Liz to turn around and face him.

She knows even before she sees his face that he’s blushing.

He always blushes when she mentions his moments of tender expression, almost as if he’s embarrassed by them.

Liz placed her arms around his neck, running her fingers gently through the hair at its nape, knowing he’d comply with anything she asked when she did this.

“…yes, again…”

She felt the moment he acquiesced, sighing and closing his eyes.

When he finally opened them, those hypnotic amber orbs, she couldn’t help but draw in a breath as she got lost in them and his words…

my love, my tender rose petal from above,
Even in this twilight hour, you glow with a purity of a morning flower.
An honest word you’d always say, to make all my worries float away.

My beautiful dove, whose gentle love,
Warms me through the night…I would fight
To quell any force that would feign to pull you away from me.

I was lonely before you,
Knew no truth of love and life… without you…
I could never go back.

So I pledge, with no hesitation,
…for you, my love, are my salvation…
To take your soul
…and merge it with mine, from now,
…until the end of time.

She was crying.

Max hated to see her cry. He wanted to look away, knowing that he’d caused her any pain was enough to break his heart.

But then she smiled, and like a curtain lifting from over his heart he realized that her tears, were tears of joy, not sorrow.

Placing his right hand against her face, he gently swiped away the tears, relishing in the softness of her skin…

…his Liz…

He wanted to thank the Gods for her; for every moment of every day was in his life.
For he knew that he could never love another, with the depth and passion that he loved her.

Liz looked back at him, knowing exactly what thoughts were crossing his mind, because they were filling hers as well.

Gratitude… for all they have…
Love… like none she could ever know again…
And even a little Fear… at how close they had come to losing it all…

Never again.

It was a silent promise to herself, and to the God who brought them together.
She would love him now and forever…

…her Max…

As daylight turned to night, and the full moon appeared above the dark, glittering waters, the couple made their way back to the beach house.

Pausing momentarily at the entrance, Max turned back to his wife, lifting her into his arms and thrilling in her happy squeal.

“What are you doing Max?” Liz asked, bracing her arms once again around his neck.

“It’s our last night in our Barbados palace, I intend to make the most of every minute!”

His last words as he kissed her with everything he had, led her inside and did just that...

THE END.
"All I ever wanted was to be what you needed
Cause something so strong, it could never be wrong.."