Vanished (CC,M/L,Adult) *Complete* Chpt 34 5/2/14

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Vanished (CC,M/L,Adult) Chpt 31 12/9/13

Post by jake17 »

Natalie
Carolyn
Courtney
Charlie (so happy you came out from behind the tree :wink: thank u)
saori
Clari
Eve (thank you so much for also saving this story and offering to help :) )
zaneri1

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this fb, you have no idea how much I appreciate it :)

Chapter thirty one

~ hope ~

Max’s body lay across Isabel’s bed like a statue of a Greek God, a warrior whose bravery and courage is captured along sculptured muscles displaying scars and wounds that told a story of war and pain.

His pale handsome face still held so much beauty was in stark contrast to his darkened almost black eyes that continued to peer into nothingness.

Feverishly hot to the touch dressed in a black short sleeve shirt and dark ripped jeans Liz continuously placed cold compresses on his forehead.

She listened helplessly as they argued back and forth, her energies focused on connecting to him through their bond.

For hours she concentrated, one hand clutching the pendent that he had given her so long ago while the other held his hand.

Whispering stories of their past and her love for him tenderly close to his ear she worked hard not to even entertain the thought that she might once again lose him, maybe this time forever.

Not wanting to alert the others she noticed as her fingers pressed against the inside of his wrist his pulse was dangerously fast.

For the longest time the discussions surrounding her about what to do seemed like far off echoes.

All she wanted was to take him home, for him to snap out of whatever this was and heal himself just like he had always before.

Closing her eyes she pictured him surrounding her in his surreal brilliant light as they shared an intimacy that surpassed pleasure or love.

Lowering her forehead to his bare arm her tears spilled onto his skin knowing now that she should’ve told him.

That maybe if he knew it could’ve helped to tether him here, now it was too late.

Suddenly she heard Michael’s voice pulling her out of her thoughts.

“It’s too dangerous, she could get trapped there, she hasn’t had time to hone her powers. She's just a child.”

Michael shook his head speaking in almost a whisper as he paced the beige carpet tracing his previous footsteps in a continuous loop.

Isabel who had a desperate grip on Max’s hand nodded in agreement.

“You’re right, that’s why she’s not going to dreamwalk him … I am.”

Halting his steps Michael gripped her shoulders falling to his knees beside the bed.

“Absolutely not, you haven’t used you’re powers in over a decade. You have a greater chance at getting trapped there then Lily does, besides you won’t be able to bring him back, it has to be someone that can reach him.”

Hearing that they weren’t going to let Lily do it she knew she had to do something.

“I can do it.”

They all glared at Liz suspecting that the stress had finally gotten to her.

The nine hour vigil that they had been keeping over him was getting to all of them bringing them back to a time when they had to accept that he was lost to them.

It was beyond heart breaking.

Maria was the first to speak the obvious to her as she gently touched her arm in an attempt to lead her out of the room to get some rest.

“Liz honey you have no powers, how could you possibly dreamwalk him. You need to lay down, this is all too much – “

Jerking herself away from Maria Liz hardened her tone. “I did it once before don’t you remember?
With Ava, I was able to connect with him in New York. Our bond is strong; I know I can do it again.”

Kyle rubbed his temples, his stomach turning with the thought of her entering Max’s mind.

“You had Ava then, how do you plan on getting through to him without someone strong enough to act as a conduit.”

Looking around at everyone Liz took Lily by the hand. “Does anyone mind if I have a private talk with Lily?”

Isabel hesitated for a moment staring down at her child for whom she had struggled for so long to keep her safe and as far away from this world as possible.

“Go ahead.”

Leading her out of the room quickly before Isabel had a chance to change the mind Liz took her in the backyard placing her up on the patio table.

It was nighttime again and the sky was filled with stars and the biggest moon Liz was sure she had ever seen.

Trying to choose her words carefully Liz took her by the hands doing her best to put her emotions aside.

With a number of false starts Liz struggled to get the words out before Lily took the burden from her.

“I know what you want me to do Auntie Liz, it’s alright … I’m not afraid, and I know that the others wouldn’t understand … especially mommy.”

Cupping the little girl’s cheek Liz fought back tears seeing so much of Max’s heart in her big blue innocent eyes.

“He told me that you were special, he believed that your powers were limitless. I didn’t want to scare the others but there is so much more you are capable of isn’t there Lily?”

Hesitantly Lily nodded slowly with a confidence and piercing kindness that passed through Liz in such a way it made her gasp.

“You are so much like him, you want to protect them all, you know they’re afraid of things they don’t understand. You wanted them to feel safe so you pretended.”

Lifting her eyes towards the night sky the color surrounding her pupils began to glow like fire, a sapphire flame glimmered beneath long eyelashes engulfing her cherub face in vibrant light that was almost too beautiful for the human mind to accept.

Standing on the table she kept one hand tight around her teddy bear’s wrist letting it fall by her side as she stared up at the sky.

“I can hear the heartbeat, so tiny and fast... like a hummingbird.” Feeling Liz’s apprehension Lily whispered up to the heavens. “Don’t worry this is a secret that is yours to keep.”

Wiping tears from her face Liz pulled her hair back into a pony tail holding it there never feeling so scared in her life.

Just then the warmth of Lily surrounded her, her tiny arms clutched around her neck engulfing them both in a bright orange glowing ember.

“I know what you want me to do Auntie Liz, don’t worry. I’ll bring him back to you.”

They all jumped up as Liz ran in with Lily in her arms.

“Listen we don’t have much time, Max is growing weaker by the hour, I have a plan… a good one.”

Sitting around the kitchen table they listened as Liz convincingly explained how Lily could dreamwalk Max while bringing Liz with her.

That Liz would be able to keep her safe, be her anchor, keep her from getting to frightened and getting lost.

Grabbing Isabel’s hand Liz pleaded with her.

“I know that’s what you’re worried about, that it will all be too much for her to take and the lines between illusion and reality will become blurred tricking her mind, that Max’s dream is the true reality trapping her there, but this will not happen with me by her side. I promise you.”

Looking to Michael Isabel knew this was risky but she also knew this was their only hope of getting him back.

Taking a deep breath Liz tried to remain calm.

“Isabel death would be a blessing compared to what he is facing now. We are talking about the next forty to fifty years trapped in a hell of his worst memory. At one time or another he sacrificed his life for everyone sitting at this table. Please…”

Closing her eyes a flood of memories came rushing inside Isabel taking her breath away.

~ Max and her at age six playing hide and seek, how he always let her find him, that the gift of her laughter was enough for him.
~ That summer in Florida when they drew their symbol in the sand, how she knew in that moment she’d never be alone.
~ Standing in the spaceship knowing that her place was beside him, the relief that resonated in his eyes that gave him the strength he needed before Tess’s lies were revealed.
~ finally Max coming to save her that faithful day, shoving her aside away from Kivar and the portal, risking his life without a second thought, because that’s who he was… who he forever will be …

Clutching Liz’s hands Isabel took a deep breath. “Make sure you bring them both back Liz, I’m counting on you.”

An hour later Isabel and Michael knelt on either side of the bed while Lily laid beside Max on one side of the bed and Liz did the same on the other.

The healing stones were placed over his heart and his forehead while white candles burnt all around them.

Kyle and Maria remained in the kitchen their hands gripping coffee mugs worried for them all.

Turning on her side Lily wrapped her arm securely around Max while she laced her fingers through Liz’s holding her hand tight.

With her little face pressed gingerly against Max’s heart Lily whispered out to all of them.

“I need all of you to think about Uncle Max and how much we love him, nothing but positive energy must flow around him. We must make an invisible chain of protection, he needs to feel that he is linked to us, to this world, that we all accept and love him for the man he is.”

The room when silent for several minutes before the density in the air began to change.

Ripples like a stone thrown into a pond edged outward carrying Lily into a world harsh and brutal.

Emotional torment struck her pure soul like giant ocean waves throwing her back tumbling into chaos.

Clearing her mind Lily focused envisioning nothing but her Uncle until she began to see people forming in droves in front of her.

Gripping her teddy bear tight her eyes wandered until she found him again struggling against Sam, screaming, fighting watching as his son burst into flames.

Feeling Lily’s hand twitch Liz knew she was there, keeping her eyes shut she pretended like they had agreed earlier outside on the patio table that she was there too.

‘Please Lily, bring him back to me, bring him back to … us.’

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

Hamlet, by William Shakespeare
jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Vanished (CC,M/L,Adult) Chpt 32 2/1/14

Post by jake17 »

Thank you so much for all of your fb, I'm so sorry I've been gone for so long and that I don't have time to thank you all individually right now, I barely have time to post this. but please know how grateful I am for letting me know you're still interested in this :)

Chapter thirty two

~ the key ~

Bright sapphire eyes grew wide as Lily followed her Uncle’s eye line to a large sphere shaped spaceship hovering above the ground amongst a large crowd.

As if on command fearing for their lives they fell down to their knees.

She winced as waves of emotion crashed down upon her from the mass of people clutching each other all around her in every direction.

Terror, rage, unfathomable hopelessness hit her like a sonic blast inside her head causing her to physically stumble backwards.

There on top of the massive craft stood the false King in all his horrific glory ordering his army to hunt the mob in search of Max.

Lily slowly blinked away fearful tears as she watched in horror as elongated skeleton like green fingers clutched the baby boy holding him high in the air in an attempt to lure out his teenage father.

‘Heed my words you spineless putrid hybrid, this is no meaningless threat, your son will die, painfully, slowly if you do not surrender to me now.’

Suddenly Lily’s hands rushed to her ears as heart wrenching screams rang out inside her head.

Her attention landed quickly to the source as a young blonde girl was shoved down to her knees beside the towering alien who held the wailing frightened child.

Bound and beaten was the body of another hybrid begging and pleading telepathically for Max to show himself.

Scorching flames licked baby Zan’s feet as he hung in the air dressed in rags as the blonde continued to call out frantically for Max.

‘Max please!! Please surrender, don’t let our son die!! He’s just a baby!!! I’m sorry, I’m so sorry for everything!! Please save him Max… Please!!! Oh God Max he’s going to burn him alive!! Max Please!!’

Looking back to Max Lily could see him sobbing fighting against Sam struggling with everything he had to break free from his grip.

Weak and thin, filthy, starving Max was not yet the warrior he would grow to be. He had no way of fighting such a force.

Lily was shocked to see the boy in the pictures her mother had in albums and frames around the house not the fierce strong man she had grown to love.

Concentrating hard she lifted her hand creating a pure white light around her little body blocking out all other emotions and sounds raging in her mind all around her except for Max.

Focusing hard she stared deeply into his soul attempting to make a connection to what obviously was a horrific memory Max was tragically trapped inside of.

Bringing her bear close to her she cringed as she heard him plea to the alien being holding him back who seemed to be his friend.

‘Let me go! He’s my son! I have to save him!! I can’t live with this!!! Please Sam! Please you have to let me go!’

She watched as tears streamed down her face as the alien pulled him further back using all his strength to pin him to the brick building they were hiding behind.

Using his muscular body that had at least a hundred pounds of weight over Max’s slender frame he cornered him while bracing both sides of his face with two scaly webbed hands forcing him to concentrate into his emerald cat like intense eyes.

‘Listen to me! Your son is already dead, whether you give yourself up or not. The blonde human is too. I am sorry my dear friend but Kivar is only keeping them alive to flush you out. You must believe me. There is no way to save them, you have to let them go, I am afraid you have no other choice.’

With one final inquiry Kivar shook his large oval head furiously giving a noticeable nod to the General of his massive army.

‘As you wish my dear boy, may the sacrifice of your only son weight heavy upon that vile human cowardly heart that beats within you all the days of your life. May each breath you take in from now until the end reek with the burnt flesh of your baby boy for whom who chose to let die’

Silence screams fell from Max’s open mouth as he looked up to witness Kivar ordering his second in command to douse the mother and child in gasoline before striking a single match lighting them both on fire.

Looking back she could see the refection of the flames in Max’s eyes, she could see the guilt being forever cemented inside him, the shredding of his tender heart, the utter destruction of the innocent soul that still remained.

It was clear to Lily even at her tender age that this was the pivotal moment in Max’s life, the moment that forever changed him.

Suddenly Lily felt the ground shake beneath her feet as ripples of light and sound pierced the image that surrounded her.

Her head spun dizzyingly as she struggled to regain her footing.

When she finally found her balance and bearings she blinked several times astounded at what she was seeing.

As if on a loop the entire scene was being played over again.

With disbelief she looked up to see the human standing beside the towering monster who gripped the live baby in his clutches.

Scanning for Max she cried out in her mind as he once again began to fight the alien as they hid from sight.

Quickly closing her eyes she fought her way back as she pried her hands from Max’s body as he laid motionless staring blankly up to the ceiling on Isabel's bed.

Whirling back through blackness she searched for her anchor that was tethering her to the present time, to Earth itself.

Sighing with relief as she felt Liz’s warm arms wrapped tightly around her she opened her eyes to find them all staring at her desperate to hear what she had witnessed.

At the same time Liz’s eyes also snapped open feeling some of the emotional reminisce of Lily’s experience behind the veil of Max’s subconscious.

“Lily! Lily, honey are you alight?!” gasped Isabel as she rushed over pulling her close to her body rocking her back and forth not wanting to let her go.

Michael quickly had Liz by the shoulder shaking her. “What happened?? What did you see?!”

Wrenching herself out of his hands Liz placed a soft kiss to Max’s temple before whispering something private against his ear as she processed the tragic emotions that still drifted intensely off of Lily.

Michael’s impatience hit a peak as he grabbed her once again by the arm jerking her away from Max to face him.

“Liz! Tell us what you saw!! This isn’t something you can keep to yourself! We demand to know!”

Suddenly a feeling of guilt washed over Liz as she unknowingly instinctively covered her slightly swollen belly with her hand.

It was at that point that Kyle felt he had to intervene unable to let this go on any further.

“Get your hands off her Michael, She can’t tell you what she doesn’t know.”

Confused and aggravated Michael continued to physically grab Liz demanding her to turn towards him until he was forcibly thrown back across the room.

“What the hell did you do that for Isabel!!” he grumbled as he rubbed the back of his head that landed with a thud against the wall.

Shrugging as she held Lily tight still she lifted her hands momentarily from her child’s back. “I didn’t do it.”

Lily’s tiny muffled voice became clearer as she wearily lifted her tear stained face from Isabel’s chest.

“It was me Uncle Michael, I’m sorry I had to stop you before you hurt … “

Afraid to go on knowing that Liz told her to keep it a secret Lily buried her face back against her mother’s shoulder still trying to sort out what she had just seen.

Glaring back at Liz Michael was fuming, he hated secrets, loathed being kept in the dark, he felt that Max and Liz had plenty that they kept from them and it wasn’t fair, not when their safety and the safety of everyone they were close to was involved.

“Before I hurt what exactly Liz? What is it that you and Max are keeping from us now? Did he somehow give you powers? What is it?!”

Unable to control himself any longer and feeling as if she needed it Kyle lifted her up in his arms and hugged her tight to softly whisper into her ear.

Stroking Lily’s hair Isabel became increasingly angry. “Will someone please let us in on the big secret?!”

Maria slid down the wall into a chair as her legs buckled beneath her. “Liz is pregnant.”

Peering over Kyle’s shoulder Liz shot Maria surprised look. “How did you know?”

Shaking her head Maria's eyes filled with tears. "How could I not, it's you, my best friend"

The room suddenly erupted in various reactions of happiness and fury as Kyle continued to hug and kiss Liz on the cheek congratulating her.

“I knew it, from the moment you walked into the room, you are glowing, I’m so happy for you, I can’t imagine anything more amazing. Uncle Kyle, I insist on being called Uncle Kyle! Is it a boy or a girl?!”

Across the room Michael hovered over his knees with his head buried in his hands while Isabel wept silently flush against Lily’s blonde curls.

Not every one was happy.

Liz laughed through emotional tears as she rested her head on Kyle’s shoulder sinking in the support that she so desperately needed.

"The baby is the size of a pea right now, I have no idea what we're having.”

Clearing her throat Lily lifted her body away from Isabel still holding her hands tightly as she shyly glanced over to Liz.

“Actually Auntie Liz, it's a girl, and she’s bigger than a pea, more like a softball… she’s very strong and very alien although she will grow to look identical to you.”

Shaking his head back and forth as Liz cried tears of happiness Michael groaned to himself while Isabel sat on the other side of Max almost catatonic.

“This is bad, very bad… of all people how could you have let this happen Liz! How could you be so irresponsible!! Max is so fucked up, he’s been a freakin mental case since he’s been back and now he’s stuck in some kind of coma that he’ll most likely never come out of! I can’t believe you would let this happen!”

Isabel broke out of her daze at that point realizing that even if she agreed with him, it was too late, their main goal had to be getting Max back. “Michael! Not helping!”

Bellowing over all of them Lily threw her hands out to her side expelling a soft blue light deflating the tension in the room.

“All of you have to calm down; Max is in trouble, serious trouble.”

Rushing over to Lily Liz took her hand as panic flushed her troubled face. “I knew it, what is it Lily? What did you see?”

Lifting his head Michael more quietly stared at Liz. “I don’t understand, weren’t you there too?”

Gazing downward brushing Max’s hair from his eyes Liz shamefully shook her head. “No, It wasn’t safe for the baby – “

“But it was safe for my baby to go into his subconscious alone?!” barked Isabel as she began rubbing her head longing for the normalcy that they all had before Max had returned.

Taking over Lily became strong, an expression of resolve and confidence beamed from her radiant blue eyes as she lowered her hands now giving off a strong emerald green color that fluctuated around the room.

“Please all of you listen to me. We don’t have much time. I need an anchor to tether me down to this world, this consciousness. The only one with a strong enough link to Max to do that is Liz. I don’t need anyone to come with me, but I do need your help. Now, tell me… who is the hybrid blonde woman?”

Maria stood nervously blurting out what everyone didn’t have the courage to say out loud.

“Tess.”

Suddenly becoming enveloped in Lily’s calming emerald light Maria carefully sat back down.

Putting everything she had been through aside Liz spoke truthfully realizing her only concern now was getting Max back.

“Tess is a hybrid like your mommy, Uncle Michael and Max, she came here with them but they were separated. Max and Tess had a son together, afterward she left Earth and we haven’t seen her since.”

Nodding trying to process everything while the others forcibly held back their hatred of Tess, Lily tried to make sense of what she had seen.

“Ok, this is what I believe happened. Kivar wanted to find Max, he needed something from him. I saw it in my mind, it looked like different shapes… like a triangle and circles? Does that make any sense?”

Michael, with Maria by his side sat by Liz placing his hand gently on her shoulder as a silent apology nodded towards Lily.

“The Royal Seal, they are symbols embedded over Max’s heart. There must be power connected to it that Kivar needed.”

Kissing Max’s temple softly Liz whispered. “Not anymore, mercenaries fighting against Kivar took it from Max, burned it off with their powers, I can’t imagine the pain… that was the price he paid to get home. They needed it to fight Kivar.”

Isabel covered her mouth as her heart broke for Max; it never even occurred to her that he suffered so much to get back.

Lily continued quickly knowing that they were running out of time.

“Ok well Uncle Max is trapped in a memory that happened before that, he was only on Antar a short time when this event happened I think, he looked like he did in his old pictures, still young, and no scars.”

Liz stroked Max’s face softly as she spoke to Lily.

“He met up with Tess and the baby while he was there?”

Shaking her head ‘no’ Lily fought back her emotions making the colors in the room fluctuate from green to sky blue to dark ruby red.

“Not exactly, he never got that close, that bad alien, the one that tried to take momma… Kivar, he had taken over a city there, everyone was so scared. They all bowed down to their knees thinking he was going to hurt them. Uncle Max and a friend, an alien friend were hiding behind a tall brick building.”

Liz gazed up at everyone trying to be strong. “She means Sam. He was good to him, taught him how to fight, to survive. He wouldn’t be alive if not for Sam.”

Nodding in agreement from what she herself had felt Lily continued.

“Yes Uncle Max and this Sam were hiding from Kivar, but Kivar was determined, he really wanted Uncle Max and those symbols. He was standing on this big space ship, he had many bad men with him. One of them looked important, different from the rest, he had that girl Tess and Kivar had the baby.”

They all gazed down towards Max, their stomachs twisting in knots realizing what had happened, realizing that they really had no idea of the hell that Max had truly endured.

Biting her lip pushing down her emotions Lily blinked several times as the image flashed behind her eyes.

“Kivar ordered Uncle Max to come to him, Sam held him back, the blonde girl was screaming begging because Kivar said he would … that he would kill the baby if he didn’t.”

Liz covered her face and quietly sobbed imagining Max watching all of this unfold.

“Oh my god.” She whispered quietly as everyone sat in silence.

Turning towards Isabel Lily tilted her head questioning everything she had ever been taught or knew about the world.

“Uncle Max cried and fought, but Sam said the bad man would hurt the baby even if Uncle Max gave himself up. He wouldn't let him try. Kivar, and that man, they burned the baby and the blonde lady. Uncle Max watched his son die, screaming in pain.”

Pacing back and forth Michael rubbed the back of his neck knowing how something like this would break Max.

“I know what is happening to Uncle Max.”

Lily spoke with such maturity, such self-assuredness that everyone in that moment realized that she was much more powerful than they had ever imagined.

Urging her along carefully Liz was desperate to get him back. “What is it Lily? Why is he there?”

Taking a deep breath Lily tucked her blonde tresses back behind her ears as she laid her hands upon Max’s heart directly over his scars.

“When the aliens burned those symbols from Uncle Max something went wrong. They weren’t ready, didn’t prepare his body correctly. The process tore a piece of his soul away leaving him in a state of constant pain. Pain of the heart, unconsciously he was living everyday with the memory of that moment with his son over and over again. In his mind he let his son die, because of that he was haunted by it all. The voices in his head, the threats that they are coming back, that everyone he loves is in danger, that there is no safe. It’s all because he can’t let go of what happened that day.”

Crying openly Liz held her stomach as all the pieces came together in her head, like a puzzle his behavior all now made perfect sense.

Confused Michael chimed in lowly. “So he’s been imagining it all? None of it is real? No one is coming, we really are safe?”

Lily harshly spoke shocking all of them. “Uncle Max is not safe. In his mind it is all very real, all this time he’s been trying to adapt to this world and working so hard to fit in while being tortured by a memory that has been killing him slowly. His mind just can't handle it, if we don't save him he will die, it will happen in his mind and in turn his heart will stop.”

Seeing Lily’s frustration Isabel calmly took her hand.

“Sweetheart, how do we help him? Do you know?”

Sighing gazing down into his handsome face that looked like anything but at peace Lily nodded.

“He's tried so hard to fight against something he didn’t understand until it drove him into this state. He is stuck now in a never ending loop, forced to relive that day, that moment where his son was burned alive. His guilt and hatred of himself is what is keeping him there. He feels as if he deserves this, to be punished. We have to show him that he is wrong.”

Feeling lost Liz wiped her tears. “Lily, how do we show him? How do we bring him back?”

Closing her eyes Lily began to slow her breathing, as if in a trance her face angled up towards the ceiling as her skin began to glow bright sparkling like diamonds, like a prism of light reflecting all the colors of the rainbow.

“I’m going back. I have to find him; your baby is the key... the key to unlocking his prison, to freeing him, but there isn’t much time. His mind can only take so much pain, I have to leave now. I have to tell him about Amelia Grace.”

Reaching out placing one hand over Max’s heart and one to Liz’s belly Lily closed her eyes.

Whispering choking back her tears Liz placed her mouth close to Lily’s ear.

“Lily, who is Amelia Grace?”

Her words faded away as she found herself falling back into the darkness deep within the recesses of Max’s tormented mind.

“His daughter…. the key…. your baby girl….”

"Doubt thou the stars are fire; Doubt that the sun doth move; Doubt truth to be a liar; But never doubt I love."

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Vanished (CC,M/L,Adult) Chpt 33 3/6/14

Post by jake17 »

I'm really sick so please forgive any mistakes I've missed, please know I'm here because you are.thank you so much <3

cjeb
Courtney
Eve
Natalie
Ellie
zaneri
saori
Angelina
Carolyn
Roswellostcause
kissme4ever123
MLfan
Evans3

song, here with me
Dido

chapter thirty three

I didn't hear you leave
I wonder, how am I still here?
And I don't wanna move a thing
It might change my memory

Oh, I am what I am
I'll do what I want, but I can't hide
And I won't go, I won't sleep, I can't breathe
Until you're resting here with me

And I won't leave and I can't hide, I cannot be

I don't wanna call my friends
For they might wake me from this dream
And I can't leave this bed
Risk forgetting all that's been

Oh, I am what I am
And I won't go, I won't sleep, and I can't breathe

Until you're resting here
And I won't go and I won't sleep, and I can't breathe

Oh, I am what I am
And I won't go, I won't sleep and I can't breathe

Until you're resting here
And I won't go and I won't sleep, and I can't breathe

~ hope ~

Some say life is like fighting a war, our own little personal demons that are created outside of our control or worse yet the hellish fiends we ourselves manifest inside our own minds.

To me those are the worst, you can always find comfort, support, soldiers even arsenal to combat influences that come ramming into our little universes, shaking our foundations, the lives we’ve grown accustom to, but to fight the war that is within our souls, the ones we've created out of guilt or fear are of the most viscous of kinds.

In this world you are truly alone, in these times, in the dark cold hours of the night when we shake with unrelenting fear, a kind of desperate terror that chips away at us until you no longer thirst for victory or even solace you just quietly calmly surrender and wait for an end.

There is a time when you are too tired to fight the pain mentally, physically, emotionally.

One by one you let it go, you don’t get up again because there are no more tears left cry.

Muscles torn exhausted are void of strength, bones feel broken shattered worn down into dust, your body is like a rag doll maneuvered by sheer will, and even that is dwindling away.

It all becomes bigger than you until it devours you whole leaving nothing behind but memories in the minds of the people that loved you, that knew you, or most likely only thought they knew you.

Within this state of mind, or rather lack of is where Max remains, the endless loop of horror eating away like a vulture at the remnants of a boy who became a man then a solder and now was just a mess of nerve endings and synapses twitching in the wind.

On his knees he fell as it all began to slip away, vision blurring to the nightmare being played out over and over again, screams in his mind like a distant echo, the stench of burnt flesh and rotting meat fading away like a cloud pushed by a gusty wind past his fingers that stretched out helplessly before him.

‘Please, no more…please.’

Leaning up against the harsh brick he pushed his worthless legs out before him letting his head fall back as his arms collapsed by his side palms upwards as if surrendering.

The scene of chaos and bloodshed continued on around him repeating the same as it did before even though he had bowed out of the violent play.

Sam’s valiant fight to keep Max safe, Kivar’s words blasting throughout minds tearing through the crowd as Tess begged on her knees for her son fruitlessly as the agonizing end neared then mercilessly began again.

Max’s lips shivered, his still boyish face blackened by the smoke billowing outward, ashes of Tess and his son caked across his beautiful face as he despondently stared past it all urging the end to come, giving in, giving up.

Little feet stepped tentatively towards him shuffling crimson dirt around her thin ankles as she clutched her teddy bear’s arm tightly trying to be strong.

Shinning like silver blanketed in shimmering white looking icicles the bubble around her continued to protect her from the emotional turmoil swirling around her.

Drifting past Sam as his soundless screams of orders and gun play carried on as if she were not there Lily knelt by Max’s lifeless body.

Thump….thump… ‘ ‘ … ‘ ‘ … ‘ ‘…thump… ‘ ‘ …. ‘ ‘ thump…

Her feathered blonde eyelashes closed as she felt his heart begin to slow.

It had already begun, he was dying, he wanted this, he needed it to be over.

Taking a deep breath she stood widening her tiny arms out by her side, out towards him until he was too encased inside her glimmering protective bubble.

The loop of misery continued around them but inside it was silent and calm.

Lifting her fingers spreading them outward a rainbow of colors spiraled connecting to the rim of the circle like electricity sparking, flickering the light around the bubble until everything outside went dark.

A black nothingness surrounded them while vivid continuous pure white glowing energy circled the bubble as if they were floating suspended above all that was vile and evil.

Still Max hadn’t changed, his blank stare under heavy swollen eyelids pierced through Lily as if she wasn’t there, he was catatonic, just as he remained on Isabel’s bed surrounded by his family.

Sighing sadly she approached him easing her small clean fingers along his charcoal tearstained face following their tracks as they continued to wrap around his jaw slipping one by one to his chest.

Softly she spoke her little blushed lips pressed to his bloody ear praying she could reach him in time.

“Uncle Max… it’s your Lily bear. I’m here to rescue you. I’m here to tell you that this is not real; it’s just your mind replaying a memory that belongs in the past. Uncle Max you are the only one keeping yourself here, come back with me. Please come home, they’re all waiting for you. They all need you. Auntie Liz needs you.”

Unresponsive Max let out a desolate ripple of breath as his shoulders slumped forward.

It wasn’t working.

Lily was running out of time.

Letting go of her teddy she stood straight up and squeezed her eyes closed very tightly as she began to walk backwards inside the bubble.

Suddenly Liz’s eyes widened as she looked around the room at the faces of those who loved him.

Tears rose threatening to spill onto her cheeks as her lips began to tremble causing Michael to rush to her side.

"What is it?"

Isabel brushed her fingers through Max’s thick black hair choking back the inevitable truth.

“It’s not working.”

Gently folding her body over Max Liz shook her head as she clutched his arms willing him to hear her.

“Please, please don’t leave me again.”

The rest followed suit gathering around him placing hands on him where ever there was room.

Kyle grasped his leg, Maria his ankle, Isabel clutched his hair crying against his temple while Michael held his hand to his forehead openly sobbing.

Liz laid across his chest, her ear pressed to his slowing failing broken heart, her fingers pressed into his ribs.

That’s when she felt Lily’s small hand stretch across her belly, each finger circling as if searching for just the right spot until her hand halted.

A warm presence spread throughout her palm as she remained deep inside her trance.

A brilliant white iridescent glowing sphere swirled around her hand but Liz’s hopes remained lost as his heart beat began to fade until there was nothing but a faint flutter now and again.

Lily’s face suddenly lifted upwards to the heavens as her hand lifted out to her side piercing through the bubble causing a blinding white influx to strike outward flashing brightly like a bolt of lightning.

Lily stepped forward her loving azure gaze fell on Max as she pulled someone inside the bubble with them.

Kneeling Lily whispered into the little girl’s ear leading her to Max’s still comatose body.

As instructed she pressed her rosy cheek to Max’s face speaking with an angel’s whisper as light as a feather against his ear.

Her sweet words lifted through the veil that lingered between the living and the dead down deep into the cold barren space where Max had fallen to.

It was but a distant echo at first, just a breath, a light wisp of air wafting down over him, but he heard it.

On the other side Liz’s weeping eyes opened feeling the slight increase of Max’s heart as the rhythm began to find itself again.

Max’s lethargic body began to twitch as his locked gaze broke from the endless void and focused on Lily’s bright smiling face.

Confused he swallowed hard he followed her pointed finger to the little one standing beside him.

“Someone is here to help you find your way back Max.”

Looking over the small child not more than two years old he lifted his weary eyes back to Lily still unsure of what was happening.

A mischievous smirk raised along Lily’s lips as she poised her hands on her hips.

“Look again, you know her.”

Edging his face to the side painfully Max sighed shakily as tears lifted spilling down his filthy cheeks.

Her skin was iridescent, flawless, pale like a pearl, her hair chocolate dark brown silk laced with auburn streaks, big loose curls falling around her big rosy cheeks.

Her eyes wide with wild curiosity beaming brightly with boundless, endless unconditional love for him.

Intense but kind, they were as dark as night with a thin circle of brilliant amber that shimmered with an intelligence that was as warm as the sun and just as powerful.

She was beyond stunning, more glorious than any sunset or shooting star, for she was forged from the purest love ever known.

Plump cherry lips smiled knowingly back at him as he crumbled before her, his heart exploding with hope, a feeling he was terrified to believe was real.

Forcing his mouth to speak against his searing burnt throat his broken raspy deep words lifted from him as Lily stood proudly with her smile raised to a triumphant grin.

“Who are you little one?”

Tilting her head to the side the angelic toddler flicked her long dark eyelashes lined with diamond sparkles that kissed her pudgy cheeks each time she blinked, she moved closer.

“Amelia.”

Her voice not quite human not quite alien was more beautiful than anything he had ever heard.

Confident and strong, coursing with immense power, but simultaneously tender and soft as the flutter of angel wings it seemed to vibrate like chimes, like ocean waves calming, soothing, easing all his pain, diminishing all his scars and wounds away as if they never existed.

Furrowing his eyebrows worried that this was all just more tricks of his warped mind he glanced back at Lily before forcing himself to face her again.

“Do you know who I am?”

In that moment his eyes locked onto hers as if she was willing it, the circle of light that duplicated his own lifted swirling glowing beamed out towards him as she pressed her little hand to his heart.

Gasping deeply he immediately felt a hot rush of energy pulsate through him expelling all his years of suffering and loneliness, quelling his fears, extinguishing his sins, filling him with nothing but love and forgiveness.

Max was healed by the very love he and Liz had created.

Panting harshly he watched in wonder as her eyes fluctuated back to its beautiful blend of extraordinary colors.

Gently her hand lifted from his heart to his cheek as she once again leaned in to whisper to his ear.

“You are my daddy.”

Breathlessly he sobbed softly as she wrapped her arms around him letting her velvet words drift over his soul as she vanished into the surrounding light once again becoming one with the universe.

“It’s time to go home daddy… you are finally safe.”
Last edited by jake17 on Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

jake17
Obsessed Roswellian

Re: Vanished (CC,M/L,Adult) *Complete* Chpt 34 5/2/14

Post by jake17 »

Carolyn
Ellie
Saori
Eve
Natalie
Kissme4ever123
Roswellostcause
zaneri1
Evans3
Courtney
MLfan
totallizfan x2

Please know how incredibly grateful I am for all of you who stayed with me through this story, Your always amazingly kind fb and the lurkers I would see helped me so much. A special thanks to Courtney for saving this when it disappeared from the site, to behrbabe for creating this beautiful, perfect banner that still leaves me in awe to this day, and especially to MP (Mack) who gave me this challenge, where ever you are I am so thankful to you for trusting me with this special story. I hope someday you will read this. My heart was truly in this as corny as that sounds, I've never written anything so personal, that meant so much to me. To find an ending was so hard, I couldn't write it for the longest time, then something occurred to me as I was watching my fourteen year old daughter play "About a Girl" from Nirvana on her guitar, she's amazing, wants to be a doctor and is hands down the smartest, sweetest, coolest person I've ever met.
So this story is dedicated to you baby, my little peanut, my Amelia, thank you, thank you, thank you! For Everything!! I love you!!

Song, Fix You by Coldplay

Chapter thirty four

Sixteen years later…

~ lights will guide you home ~

Rushing through the kitchen of the Crashdown Max swiped his hand over the lock opening the door for his wife before she could slide her key inside.

Giving him a devilish smile she slipped her white lab coat off letting it fall to the floor and fell into his arms.

“How can twelve hours seem like a lifetime.” He whispered softly lowering his lips to her neck as he breathed her in feeling the weight of the world fall away.

Her eyes closed slowly as she rose on the toes lacing her fingers through his thick salt and pepper hair.

“Because I’m not with you, but it’s the weekend now, we have two whole days together.”

Kicking the door shut Max lifted her up in his arms before making a run for it through the diner and up the stairs.

“Well I think we should start making up for lost time as soon as possible.”

Covering her mouth in attempt to muffle her laughter she forced him to let her down once they reached the top of the stairs.

“You don’t have to convince me, but first things first, get me up to date on everything here.”

Giving her a wide happy grin he sat on their bed joyfully watching her at her vanity as she took the bobby pins out from her long wavy hair one by one.

Leaning forward he raised his hand towards their bedroom door closing it softly before bringing his attention back to her.

“You haven’t changed at all, still so beautiful, just like that sweet girl looking down at me on that balcony so long ago.”

His voice was deep and low wrapping around her like music, like love, like home.

Lifting her ebony eyes up to the mirror she bit her bottom lip as butterflies raced around her stomach.

It was just like when they were kids, it had never changed, it was magic.

The side of his mouth raised in a victorious smirk as he scratched behind his ear, it was his tell, and she knew it.

“Max! You can wait five minutes, now tell me what went on here today, you two always seem to get into trouble when I’m not around.”

Shrugging his shoulders he attempted to put on an innocent expression but his eyes told a different story.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, Amelia’s an angel, and you know I would never want to get on your bad side.”

Holding up his two fingers, giving her the scouts honor sign, he tilted his head knowing she wasn’t buying any of it.

Removing her earrings Liz nodded before kicking off her heels and spinning around the stool to face him.

“Enough, how long did she practice her powers tonight?”

All play fell from his face as he slipped off the bed and knelt by her placing his hands on her thighs gazing up at her with total honesty.

“Actually she worked on me tonight.”

Worry covered Liz’s face as she placed her hands over her husbands.

“What happened? Are you alright?!”

Bringing the palm of her hand to his mouth he kissed her gently before placing it over his heart.

“I’m fine, actually I’m not sure what happened. The day was like any other day, busy, but good busy… Lily and Isabel came by with Michael’s son Peter. Your mom and dad called, wanted to let us know that the hurricane missed Florida and they’re fine…”

Searching his face for clues she knelt down with him resting her forehead to his whispering softly, calmly.

“Max, we made a promise a long time ago that we would tell each other everything, no secrets.”

Nodding slowly he brushed his fingertips over her lips leaving a neon blue haze in his wake.

“Amelia, she helped me, the nightmares… they started again, and tonight I had a pretty severe panic attack, but it was just because of the meteor shower.”

Placing her hands against the scruff of his five o’clock shadow Liz cringed as guilt washed over her.

“Oh my god, I totally forgot, I’m so sorry Max – “

Placing his finger over her lips he smiled warmly. “Don’t be ridiculous, your work is very important, I haven’t had any symptoms in years. It was my own damn fault, I was in the alley taking out the garbage when I felt a pull, something expanding inside forcing me to pay attention… so I looked up. It was just the meteor shower they predicted on the news, it was just enough I guess to make me… “

Remember.” She mouthed as she pulled him in close needing to feel the beat of his heart with hers.

Stroking her hair to sooth her he nodded.

“Yes, but Amelia felt it, was there right away, she pulled me inside, she worked on me after closing tonight. I feel much better, she’s really amazing, she’s all love, it’s like it shines through her skin like diamonds. She’s all you Liz.”

Shaking her head as she slipped her hands beneath his tee shirt Liz kissed him deeply before whispering against his soft lips.

“No Max, she’s all you.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three am
Crashdown
Amelia’s balcony

Bright dark eyes that shimmer with golden amber around the edges fluttered open as she heard the pebbles hit her iron ladder.

“Amelia!”

Jumping out of bed sixteen year old Amelia dashed out her window as her curly long raven hair followed swaying in the air like the wings of a bird.

“Noah!”

Rushing to look over the edge she is greeted by a boy with shaggy blonde hair, big dark almost black eyes and a smile as warm as the sun.

“Can I come up?”

Glancing over her shoulder she took a deep breath and waved him towards her.

In the blink of an eye he is there beside her gazing down into her face breathless, shivering, nervous by just the very nearness of her.

Pulling at her owl pajamas she blushes lighting up her round cheeks making her glow in the darkness against his pale almost angelic face.

“Well this is embarrassing, I swear this is what all the girls on Earth wear to bed.”

Lost in her he’s barely heard a word she’s said as he brushes his fingers across her rosy cheek.

“You’re the most beautiful creature I’ve ever seen.”

Raising one eyebrow up she tilted her head sideways reminding him where he was.

“Human… beautiful human…”

Taking her hands he apologized profusely stuttering awkwardly as he stared down at his feet wishing the ground would swallow him up.

“I-I just meant that with everything I have seen, from this galaxy to mine and back pales in comparison to you.”

Amelia grinned wickedly knowing the effect she had on him, he was the very epitome of goodness.

His pure soul was as fragile as glass, a simple unkind word could crush his gentle heart to pieces, which is why she would protect it with her very life if she had to.

Stepping closer to her he anxiously lifted his intense dark eyes to her giving her a questioning desperate plea.

Instantly their minds connected as she nodded slowly.

Her heart pounded like thunder in her chest as she experienced her first kiss.

Pulling back she almost lost her breath as he smiled knowingly down to her.

“How much time do we have tonight?”

Rising on her toes she peaked over his shoulder through her window.

“I have to be back by dawn, my dad needs me.”

Running his hand through her silky hair he whispered softly against her temple.

“Are you ever going to tell him… about us… about our world, how wonderful everything will be in the future?”

Amelia’s eyes widened with wonder as bright golden lights began to spill like fairy dust out of the star filled sky directly over them.

“Someday, when he’s ready… when the world is ready.”

Grinning widely, innocently, happily upwards he tenderly smoothed his hands around her holding her close.

Like dancing fireflies the sparks of light began to swirl around them faster and faster until their feet began to lift off the ground.

“It’s time, are you sure?”

Biting down hard on her bottom lip trying to hold back the swell of her excitement, the rush that comes from the magic of love, and the endless possibilities of her dreams, she nodded quickly without hesitation.

“Yes.”

When you try your best but you don't succeed

When you get what you want but not what you need

When you feel so tired but you can't sleep

Stuck in reverse

When the tears come streaming down your face

When you lose something you can't replace

When you love someone but it goes to waste

Could it be worse?

Lights will guide you home

And ignite your bones

I will try to fix you

High up above or down below

When you're too in love to let it go

But if you never try you'll never know

Just what you're worth

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

Tears stream down your face

When you lose something you cannot replace

And I

I promise you I will learn from my mistakes

And I

And ignite your bones

And I will try to fix you

~ the end ~
Last edited by jake17 on Sat May 03, 2014 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.