Madly, Truly and Deeply (A/I, Teen, 1/1)

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

KaraGail
Addicted Roswellian

Madly, Truly and Deeply (A/I, Teen, 1/1)

Post by KaraGail »

Disclaimer: The characters of Roswell belong to Jason Katims, Melinda Metz, WB, and UPN. They are not mine and no infringement is intended.

Category: Alex and Isabel

Rating: Teen

Part 1/1

Madly, Truly and Deeply

By: KaraGail

Isabel stepped out of the jeep and inhaled the scent of salt in the air as she starred out into the ocean. As luck would have it, the beach was nearly deserted from the sunbathers and surfers who spent the day along the shore. Shutting the car door she walked out over the white sand and closer to the crystal blue water getting lost in the vastness that was before her.

After a night of terrible dreams Isabel had awoken, thrown on some clothes, grabbed her keys to the jeep and left the house before any one else had woken. She had needed this time to get away from everyone and think about her life and what she had recently learned about herself.

Isabel had no idea where she was going just that she needed to keep going. Over 10 hours later and many stops at convenient stores and gas stations, she had found herself on the coast of Texas. She knew no one here and for now that was exactly what she wanted. There was no one to question who or what she was and she didn’t have to hide.

Finding a place to sit on the sand, Isabel continued to look out at the peaceful water as the sun began to descend. Closing her eyes, she tried to breath in her surroundings and listen to the sea gulls screeching above her. So intent on them she almost missed the sound of muted foot steps as they stopped right behind her.

She turned her head and looked over her shoulder, her eyes widening in surprise who stood above her, “Alex ”

The tall dark haired boy grinned down at her as he stood there with his hands propped on his waist. She was surprised to see that he was wearing a pair of knee length khaki shorts, a t-shirt with a bands name she never heard of, and tennis shoes. “Hey Isabel.”

“What are you doing here?” She asked with a frown wondering how he had found her so quickly and why her heart beat kicked up at the sight of him standing there.

Alex sat down on the sand beside her and looked out into the ocean, “I was heading to the Crashdown this morning when I saw you in the jeep. You looked upset so I thought I would follow you and make sure you were alright.” He looked over and grinned again at her, “Didn’t know I would have to travel this far to ask.”

Isabel let out a sigh and then chuckled. She was actually glad that somehow he was with her because Alex was the one person who could make her smile anytime.

“So I’m now going to ask,” Alex continued with a raised eyebrow, ‘Isabel, is everything okay?”

Seeing the eagerness and desire to help her in his eyes, Isabel finally broke and cried, “Oh Alex ” while wrapping her arms around his neck and sobbing into his shoulder.

Alex ran a calming hand over her hair and down her back while whispering reassuring words into her ear. He had no idea what happened to get her into this state but he pledged to protect her and let her lean on him for support.

Finally when she was all cried out she pulled back from her and wiped her eyes with the palm of her hands not even bothering with her powers. Alex didn’t seem to care what she looked because he always viewed her as one of the most beautiful women in the world.

“Now tell me.” He whispered as he took her hand in his and continuing to hold it as she poured out her heart over all that had happened in the last couple of months.

When she finally told him of her betrayal to her brother, Alex shook his head and pulled her back into his arms, “That’s not you, Izzy. You are a good person.”

“I’m not a good person.”She settled into his shoulder, “Would a good person treat you the way I’ve treated you? I’m so sorry, Alex.”

“Shhh, Isabel. There is nothing to be sorry for. I always knew that you hid behind a cold exterior but I also knew from the moment I first saw you that you had a heart of gold.”

Isabel sniffled again before pulling back to look into his green eyes, “Really?”

“Really.” he nodded and gave her a small smile while wiping a stray tear from her cheek with his thumb.

She smiled back and leaned forward wanting to give him a chaste kiss in thanks. But the moment their lips met everything seemed to change and a spark was lit between them. His arms came around her as her hands slipped into the short hairs on his neck, both wanting to draw the other nearer. The kiss was like none that either experienced. It was full of love, desire and tenderness as their lips and tongues met in a passionate dance.

Finally they had to pull apart in order to take in much needed oxygen but they were unable to tear their eyes off each other. Alex broke into another grin that spoke volumes as he continued to hold her in his arms.

At that moment, Isabel understood the torrent of emotions that she always felt when he was near. She loved Alex Whitman. She loved everything about him. From the was he made her smile to the way he looked at her like she was the only other person in the world. There was no more doubts in her mind because she finally knew the truth.

Reaching up she ran a hand across his cheek wanting to tell him what she was feeling, “Thank you, Alex.”

He frowned slightly wondering just what she was thanking him for. After that kiss he felt like he should be the one thanking her. She smiled at his confused look but continued,

“Thank you for always being there and for listening to my problems.” She ran her thumb over his bottom lip feeling her heart leap at the small quiver that went through his body at her touch, “Thank you for loving me as I am.”

Alex smiled and gave a slight shrug, “I would love you no matter what, Izzy.”

She nodded knowing that his deceleration was true. Alex would always love her. Leaning forward again she pressed a gentle kiss to his lips before whispering, “I love you too.”

His eyes widened at her statement looking into her eyes and hoping that it was the truth. It only took him a second to see the love shining back at him and he couldn’t help the goofy smile that spread across his face, “You love me?”

Isabel smiled and nodded, “Madly, Truly and Deeply.”

Before she could say anything else Alex pulled her back to him kissing her until all thought left her head. Isabel imagined that she was melting into him as his lips traveled along her jaw and neck while her hands ran through the softness of his hair. Slowly he made his way back to her lips as his own hands crept under the back of her shirt to settle on the exposed skin of her bare back.

Isabel had never experienced the desire that she felt with Alex and she wanted to show her love for him in the most elemental way she knew. Pulling back slightly from his kiss she whispered, “It’s getting late.”

Alex opened his eyes his mind cloudy from arousal, “Huh?”

“It’s getting to late to drive back to Roswell tonight.” She pressed another kiss to his lips, “I think we need to find a room.”

“A room?” he asked still a little dazed before realizing what she had said. She had said ‘room’ not room’s in plural.

She nodded not taking her eyes from his and letting him know in her look just exactly what she wanted and what she expected.

“I saw a vacancy sign just down the road here.” Alex swallowed the large lump in his throat.

“Okay. I’ll follow you in the jeep.” She raised to her feet and waited for him to stand beside her. Reaching out her hand she took his and they made their ways back to their waiting cars both a little nervous over what would happen that evening.

Tomorrow they would go back to Roswell and face all of their problems. Isabel, with the support of Alex, would finally talk with her brothers and maybe start to look for answers. Tonight, though, they planned to make the most of the stolen time that they were able to get and spend every second loving each other.

The End