The End of My World Part 1/1 AU, M/L TEEN Complete 24, May

Finished Canon/Conventional Couple Fics. These stories pick up from events in the show. All complete stories from the main Canon/CC board will eventually be moved here.

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Forum Moderators

NorafanofMaxandLiz
Addicted Roswellian

The End of My World Part 1/1 AU, M/L TEEN Complete 24, May

Post by NorafanofMaxandLiz »

Title: The End of My World

Author: NorafanofMaxandLiz

Rating: TEEN

Category: AU, M/L

Disclaimer: Disclaimer: I sadly, do not own the rights to Roswell. It belongs to 20th Century Fox, UPN, WB, Jason Katims, and Melinda Metz. I’m only borrowing the characters.

Summary: Warning this is dark and angsty and nothing like my other stories. This is my first attempt to write angst, I was in the mood to give it a try. In this story, Future Max shows up and tells Liz she has to find a way for Max to fall out of love with her. Liz chooses a different way to accomplish this than she did in the show.

“I’m Liz Parker. It’s just after midnight and I had a visitor from the future. He informed me of something horrible that I can prevent…the deaths of Max, Michael, Isabel and even Tess. He just left. Who was this mysterious visitor you ask, it was Future Max.”

“I’ve been in a state since he left. I can’t see my calendar on my desk in front of me to even tell you what day or month it is. I’ve been crying constantly since future Max left. My life has taken an unexpected spiral downward into the alien abyss in a way no one could predict, not even future Max. Future Max told me that if I could somehow make my Max to stop loving me, then Future Max could ensure me that Max and I would have future lifetimes and all eternity together. True soul mates can never be separated, by time or space. Future Max explained how soul mates souls are linked together forever. Future Max promised me he could make this happen with the help of the Granilith, but only if I do as he asks and promise to make Max fall out of love with me.

I cried a lot and argued with him trying to think of another way, but in the end I promised Future Max I’d find a way to make Max be without me in his life. It’s because I love Max this is the only way I can think of that would make him be without me and accept my absence in his life. This is the hardest thing I’ve ever had to do. It’s because of my great love for him that I can do such a thing. It s a hard thing to make such a sacrifice for love, but Max and I always understood that. Max and I both proved that he would risk his life to save me and I him. It’s because of my faith in our love that I have the courage to do this.

Truthfully, the thought of remaining and seeing Max go on and love someone else because it’s his supposed destiny is far more painful than the path I now will take. Future Max agreed to leave if I’d promise to fulfill the promise. The promise of securing Max’s life and the others. This decision I did not enter lightly. Future Max and I stayed up all night discussing options. Then he told me about our eloping at age 19 and our wedding night dance in the dessert and how much we loved each other and how happy we were. It comforted me to know that in one time line we were together, married, and very much in love judging by the unshed tears welling up in his eyes. I reached the only decision I could to save Max, Michael, Isabel and yes even Tess. I know this will hurt him deeply but if it means I can save him and the others then, it’s the only thing I can do. In the end the only conclusion I reached was the one I chose to sacrifice and abandon my happiness and future for the greater good. I was true to my Promise.”

Liz resigns herself to fulfilling her promise. She walks into her bathroom and showers, and dresses in Max’s favorite outfit of hers that he loves to see her in. Liz dries her long silky hair, and decides to add a few last touches of makeup to her otherwise unspoiled angelic face. Liz carefully applies her vanilla scented perfume to her wrists and neck and lights the candle on her bedside table. Liz summons her inner strength listening to their song by Sheryl Crow, I Shall Believe. She reaches for her writing tablet and envelopes address them each thoughtfully. Liz saves the hardest one for last, her letter to Max. She sheds silent tears as she writes pouring out her heartfelt love into each precious word.

“Dear Max,

You are the love of my life. It’s because of you that I live. I guess it was meant for me to die that day in the diner. Instead, you saved and loved me as no other ever could. I realize now that I was never really alive until you loved me. It is because of my great love for you that I write this.

I know you’re hurt and none of this makes sense to you right now. I just want you to know that we will meet in our next lifetime, that’s my solemn promise to you Max, for we are soul mates. I’ll look for you in the next life and in your dreams. I must to do this because I love you. It’s the only way to save you all. Please remember that and look for me in the future. Remember Max, follow your heart and it will lead you back to me. Max, I want you to keep my journal to remember me. Hide it somewhere only you know.

I need to leave you with this word of caution for you, Michael, Maria, Alex, Isabel, Kyle, and Jim to beware of our enemies. They will come. Do not easily accept those outside those mentioned.

Take care of the others…

I will love you forever,

Liz…”

Liz then lovingly seals each of the envelopes addressed to: Michael, Maria, Isabel, Kyle, and Jim. She couldn’t bring herself to leave a note for Tess. The thought of leaving Tess a note was more than she could deal with. Liz never trusted or liked that girl. Liz folded her letter to Max lovingly and placed it inside sealing the envelope with a kiss. “I love you Max, be well my love and I’ll meet you in our next life where we’ll be allowed to love and live our future lives together,” Liz says solemnly.

Liz laughs at the irony of Romeo and Juliet how they were said to be star crossed lovers that weren’t supposed to be together but were. Liz retrieves her back pack beside her bed and removes a small test tube that contains some liquid compound Liz created earlier in the chemistry lab using her expertise. Liz sits down on her bed and uncaps the liquid taking it to her lips and allows its bitter sweet taste down her throat as she swallows. Liz knows she doesn’t have much time left and that Max will be the first to feel her ever present life force that is entwined with his begin to slip away. Liz closes her eyes, “See you in the next life, my love. I love you Max.” She utters her last words growing sleepy more so by the moment. Liz welcomes the darkness that envelopes and beckons her into a deep peaceful slumber.

Max begins to sense something is wrong with Liz and bolts up out of bed shouting. “Liz! Noooo!” Isabel wakes up to the sound of Max’s cries. She rushes into her brother’s room not expecting to find him in a state of fear and panic.

“What is it Max?” Isabel replies with concern.

“It’s Liz. I have to get to her fast before it’s’ too late,” Max says in complete panic mixed with anguish.

“I’ll drive,” asserts Isabel

They hurriedly drive to the Crash Down and park around back. Max sprints over to Liz’s ladder and climbs up to her balcony and enters her room. He finds her there on her bed appearing as if she’s asleep. Max takes his love into his arms and sobs uncontrollably. “Liz, come back to me. Open your eyes let me in,” Max commands in desperation to form a connection to heal her but is unable. He finds the test tube clutched in her hand. He kisses Liz holding her helpless to do anything but hold her in his arms. Max shuts out his surrounding and just holds and rocks Liz as he tells her how much he loves her and pledges he’ll find a way to be with her again. “Liz why did you do this, I love you so much. I’ll come and find you in the next life. Liz, you are my soul mate and our love will not be denied.”

Isabel sees her brother’s world shatter before him with the one that he holds most dear. Isabel visibly shaken by this begins to cry. She feels like she’s spying on a private moment. Isabel walks over to Liz’s desk to take a tissue from her box of Kleenex and finds the envelopes. One had fallen on the floor addressed to her parents. Isabel discovers several envelopes on Liz’s nightstand the one on top has Max’s name written on it.

“Max she left envelopes for everyone with their names on them. She left this one for you,” Isabel says tearfully.

Max continues to hold Liz unwilling to let her go, as if she’d vanish before his eyes. He takes the envelope from his sister’s hands and reads Liz’s note.

“Max look at Liz’s neck it’s glowing. What’s that just behind her ear?” asks Isabel.

Max carefully moves his loves hair away from the side of her neck and ear. He finds a symbol that is a replica of the “V” formation. His own “V” symbol on his chest glows acknowledging hers then fades away, as if saying good bye until we meet again.

“She’s one of us. I think I knew that on some deep subconscious level. I always knew that and that’s why I was drawn to her and she had the flashes,” says Max unaware that he’s making his mouth move to form words. He’s lost in his grief for Liz.

“Max we should go and call someone. Liz’s parents are away this weekend and I know the others will want to know,” Isabel says softly touching her brother’s shoulder.

“I know that Isabel, take care of it for me. I need to be with her. I can’t leave her alone like this,” says Max with tears streaming down his face as he struggles to speak. Isabel quietly slips out on to the balcony and down to the jeep honoring Max’s request.

Max clutches Liz closer to his chest and whispers, “I’ll find you my love. I’ll always find you. Until then you’ll live in my dreams and memories always, good bye.”

***********************************The End************************************
Last edited by NorafanofMaxandLiz on Fri May 27, 2005 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Off Behr hunting for the amber eyed one

Check out my stories in Work By Author Section

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopic.php?t=11269