High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 34 - 8/3/15

Fics using the characters from Roswell, but where the plot does not have anything to do with aliens, nor are any of the characters "not of this Earth."

Moderators: Anniepoo98, Rowedog, ISLANDGIRL5, Itzstacie, truelovepooh, FSU/MSW-94, Erina, Hunter, Forum Moderators

begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 31 - 3/7/15

Post by begonia9508 »

Oh my! Embarrassing for Liz, when others notice that she has a crush, especially for her having a boy friend!
And I hope Kyle won't spread the news to the others... as he seems to be the chatterbox man of the day! :lol: :lol:

Waiting for more! EVE :mrgreen:
- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!
keepsmiling7
Roswell Fanatic

Post by keepsmiling7 »

No, Tess is no saint.
Liz is busted........checking out Max.
Sure wish Maria would tell her the truth!
Thanks, Carolyn
Eva
Addicted Roswellian

Post by Eva »

Being on an island keeps everone together, keeps them all there when it will get rough between all of them.

What Kyle said, was one of the first steps to clear out their pasts. And it wasn't pleasan but it was the truth and it needed to be said. Among a lot of things that still need to come. It's hanging between all of them: Kyle & Tess, Maria & Michael. Together with the new developments between Alex & Isabel and Max & Liz, it will set their world on fire.
Take a look at Eva's world
sarammlover
Addicted Roswellian

Post by sarammlover »

Awww Alex and Isabel are so sweet together. Its such a tangled web they weave....Michael still likes Maria, Maria likes Michael, pretending to be in love wtih Max while Liz drools over Max and Dean is a dink. I think Tess and Kyle will get a really heated argument one night and end up sleeping together...my prediction. HA! Great job!
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

Sorry for a late post. RL is really busy :(

Can't Agree more with Begonia
begonia9508 wrote:Oh my! Embarrassing for Liz, when others notice that she has a crush, especially for her having a boy friend!
And I hope Kyle won't spread the news to the others... as he seems to be the chatterbox man of the day! :lol: :lol:

Love that Alex & Isabel moment :D so sweet they kissed :wink:

Definitely more please!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
Clari
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by Clari »

bumping :!:
SmileeUk
Addicted Roswellian

Post by SmileeUk »

I miss this fic :cry:
~~~~~~ ###### Smiling is a Gift ###### ~~~~~~
HIS-&-HERS
Enthusiastic Roswellian

Post by HIS-&-HERS »

Roswelllostcause: She will come around!

begonia9508: Lol yeah. It is kind of really embarrassing, esp. when the other girl is around too.

Let’s see if Kyle can keep it to himself.

keepsmiling7: Neither of them is really a saint, they all have their little secrets, don’t they?

Eva: There is definitely no escaping. ;)

Kyle is something like a neutral point between all of them and this could be helpful to tease the truth out.

sarammlover: Lol, could be! Right now it’s a big mess, but truth tends to get out. Always.

SmileeUk: We know all about busy RL’s.

Well, Kyle can do some good for all of them. He didn’t really belong to the group before.

Clari: ;)

Chapter 32

“I can’t believe Evans and that new guy are hanging on a beach with sun loungers under their asses and fancy drinks with little umbrellas in their hands while we are… here!” Tess made a face when she sat up with the sand sticking to her back. She looked at the other two girls lying next to her, enjoying the late afternoon sun. Maria was the only one with a bikini while Liz and her had said to hell with it and stripped down to their bras. Since their clothes hardly got the chance to dry completely, their jeans had been transformed to hot pants with the help of some sharp stones.

“Come on,” Maria teased, “we have a pretty awesome beach as well.”

“Yeah, but we don’t have anything to drink but water, I feel stinky and I’m starving.” She turned her gaze towards the reef where Michael and Kyle had tried for at least an hour to catch something to eat for all of them. “Maybe I should go an’ help them.”

Maria and Liz exchanged a worried look. “Do you think that’s such a good idea?” the brunette asked. “I mean, you’re kinda in the bad books with both of ‘em.”

“Michael is just sulking an’ Valenti thinks I’m good for nothing but insulting other people.” She got up and walked down to the water. “He’s so wrong an’ he’s about to learn it.”

“Good luck with that,” Maria gave her a thumbs-up and snorted when the curly blonde sprinted down the beach and dove into the water. She turned to Liz. “Do you want to start the betting or should I?”

“Betting?" Liz gave her a puzzled look.

"Harding or Valenti?"

“Huh?” The brunette looked confused, which made Maria sigh loudly. “A bet on which one is going to jump the other’s bones first!”

“Kyle and Tess?!” Liz snorted, “More like which one will kill the other first."

"Please!" Maria waved her hand around dramatically. “All that fighting and bickering? Those two have sexual tension burning between them like a raging forest fire. Something's got to give sooner or later."

"If you say so," Liz chuckled, but not buying a word of it.

“Don't doubt me," she winked at her.

“So you and Michael… it seems like you made some peace?”

“We’re trying to be civil,” Maria agreed and sat up, looking at the man in question. He stood in the waist-deep water maybe hundred yards from them, bare strong upper body taut while he waited for some fish to pass him. “At least as long as we’re stuck here.” And after that you’ll probably never see him again, she reminded herself.

“That’s good. You’re really handling things great with your ex and your new boyfriend at the same time.”

Yeah, only that there isn’t a new boyfriend, she thought ashamed. At first it had sounded so good to let everyone believe Max and she were together, but she had already started to regret it. It wasn’t fair to him or any of her friends. “Thanks.”

Liz bit her lip when she caught herself watching the brown haired, sexy, mysterious man, who was collecting stones for a fire pit along the shore, once more. Gosh, she really needed to stop lusting after him. But how hard was that when he headed right in their direction with that display of an awesome body?

“Ladies,” he crouched down behind them.

Maria laid her head back to look at him. “Hey. How’re you feelin’, babe?”

“Not bad,” he muttered, distracted by the low sitting cut off jeans hugging the brunette’s fine body. She wasn’t looking at him but he had a feeling that it was a forced reaction. He couldn’t explain it, but he felt a certain pull to the woman and he was convinced that she could feel it, too.

“I’m glad,” his girlfriend said, rolling her eyes. She got up and dusted the sand from her bikini bottom. “Fiancé, Max. Remember that,” she muttered into his ear so her friend wouldn’t hear it and then she added a little louder: “I’m taking a walk.”

“Want me to come with you?”

“Nope, I’m good,” she waved him off and left.

Liz frowned at the odd behavior. Maybe she didn’t know a lot about Max, but she had witnessed Maria with Michael in high school for a long time and her idea of a relationship had been totally different back then. They had kissed to every hello or goodbye and in between and they had been in constant body contact. With Max she was kinda distant and she really had no clue why, because in her eyes the man was anything but easy to resist.

“If we had a few more clothes and a real bed with a roof overhead, this could be the perfect place for a vacation,” his words interrupted her thoughts.

“What about fancy drinks an’ expensive menus?” she asked with a smile, trying to lessen her excitement when he took a seat right next to her.

He rested one arm on his bent legs and looked at her. “I don’t need a lot of luxury to be happy.”

“Me neither.” Something that Dean never seemed to understand. He thought all the money he earned with his job was making her happier and happier but quite the opposite had happened. The harder he worked, the larger the gap between them grew.

“No?” He teased and flashed her a smile. “I heard you live in a palace.” Max had no clue why he found it so easy to act with her – even flirt with her. Maybe it was the fact that they both thought he was off limits or maybe it had something to do with their attraction towards each other. Normally, he wasn’t so easygoing with woman. Whenever he had tried to talk to one he liked, he had started to stutter and sweat.

Liz groaned. “Kyle was exaggerating. It’s a pretty huge house and it belongs to Dean. He likes it.”

“An’ you don’t?”

“It’s nice.”

“Is there a but comin’ up?”

She ran her hands through the sand on either of side of her, feeling it slip through her fingers while she considered her answer. “It’s too much for my taste. Who needs so much space when you can’t be in more than one room at a time anyway?”

“Yeah, large rooms feel kinda cold. And empty houses only make you feel lonely.” He knew all about that. Countless times he had waited for anyone to come home at his parent’s ridiculously large house after school. His home had felt like the loneliest place in the world. He never had that feeling while he waited for Maria in their small city apartment.

“See, you get it.” Was the guy next to her really that perfect or was she just looking for more reasons to decide that Dean wasn’t the right one for her?

“An’ your fiancé doesn’t?” He asked carefully, the suspicion that something in her relationship was really wrong growing.

“We disagree on some things,” she shrugged without looking at him. “Do you an’ Maria never disagree?”

He chuckled. “Hell, I think there are fewer things we agree about than the other way around. Guess you can say we complement each other.” He picked up a shell and looked at the sharp edge where it was broken.

Liz wished she could say the same thing about Dean and her, but she would be just lying to herself. During all those years of working hard to accomplish their goals she had lost sight of the things that really mattered for her. It wasn’t too late to get them, she knew that, but was she brave enough to make the changes?

Michael rolled his eyes when he saw his sister approaching them in the water. So far the ‘fish-hunt’ had been anything but successful, but he really doubted she could change anything about it – especially not with Valenti around.

Kyle followed his gaze and groaned. “What do you want?”

“Help,” she stated simply.

“We don’t need any help.”

“Oh yeah? How many fish have you caught by now?” She placed her hands on her hips and looked at him in challenge.

Michael bit the inside of his cheek before he could laugh at the dumbstruck look on the other man’s face. He and Tess were in a constant battle of wills and it was nerve-wracking and amusing at the same time. “Fine. Help us,” he said and pointed at a spot for her to move to so they formed a triangle.

They had spread the fishing net on the sandy bottom next to a rock and coral formation, but yet they hadn’t managed to pull it up quick enough when a larger fish swam over it. “What am I supposed to do?” She asked.

“Isn’t that obvious?” Kyle rolled his eyes. “Just pull the damn thing up when we say so.”

“Wouldn’t it be more effective if two hold the net in the water and one tries to shoo the fish in their direction?”

“Bullshit.”

“I think that’s actually a good suggestion,” her brother said, earning a glare from the other man. They hadn’t been able to catch anything with their method because they never got the net up quick enough. His beyond frustrated state didn’t care about the fact that a girl had a better idea. He dove down to pick the net up and waited until the other man did the same.

Reluctantly.

“You shoo the fish,” he told Tess while they got into position.

“Now we have to take advice from a woman,” Kyle muttered under his breath. He didn’t have anything against intelligent girls when their last name wasn’t Harding.

“What was that?” She asked.

“Just do it for God’s sake,” Michael’s tone was stressed. “I wanna get the hell outta here before we all suffer major sunburn.”

“You could have worn your tee shirts,” she informed them but swam to the rock formation where lots of fish scuttled around. It took a while, but finally she was able to approach them from the right angle and they escaped in the direction of the men.

They reacted quickly and spread the net in their hands, moving together in a semicircle and pulling the lower hanging end up when some fishes came closer.

“Woo-hoo,” Michael shouted when they managed to pull three out of the water. They weren’t enormously big, but large enough to still their hunger for a while.

“Yes!” Tess fisted the air and shot a smug look at Kyle.

Just great, he thought. Now he would hear about it all day. And probably all week. “Remind me to nominate you for the Nobel Prize once we’re home.”

“You just can’t admit that I was right, can you?”

“I can. I just don’t know why you make such a big scene out of it.”

“Big scene?” She asked incredibly.

Michael groaned and took the net, heading towards the shore so he could finally get out of the sun. He hadn’t finished the thought when the whole island suddenly got shadowed and he glanced up to see thick deep blue clouds approaching quickly. Shit, seems like there was no chance to dry off again. “Get the hell outta the water before the lighting starts,” he yelled to the squabblers and pushed forward.

Once he reached the beach he brought the fish to the new shelter they had built earlier and looked around when no one was around. He found Liz and the other jerk down the beach talking, but there wasn’t a sight of his ex and the storm was approaching quickly. Tess and Kyle were still fighting over God only knew what, so he stalked through the sand to approach the other two.

“Where’s Maria? Do you realize that-“ A loud clap thunder interrupted his words.

Liz and Max both looked up, surprised to see the clouds behind them. “She wanted to take a walk.”

“An’ you let her walk out in this weather all alone?” Michael glared at the boyfriend.

“There wasn’t a sign of bad weather then,” Max defended himself, got up to his feet and stood face to face with him. “Beside, I don’t think you of all people have any right to make that kind of accusation.”

“Oh really? An’ that from the man who constantly flirts with the best friend of his girlfriend?”

Liz eyes widened. Damn it, had it been that obvious? She got to her feet and pushed between them. “Stop it, she can’t be far.”

“I’m lookin’ for her anyway,” Michael hissed when the rain started to fall and pushed past them, brushing the other man’s shoulder harshly.

Max sighed. He knew Maria could watch herself. A little bit of storm and water wouldn’t scare her and any place on this island was as safe or unsafe as every other, but he went the other way anyway just to make sure she was okay – and to look like a caring boyfriend.
Roswelllostcause
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 32 - 4/11/15

Post by Roswelllostcause »

Liz wise up! Max doesn't have any feelings for Maria! He fell for you at first sight!
Check out my Author page for a list of my fics!

http://www.roswellfanatics.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=155639
begonia9508
Roswell Fanatic

Re: High and Dry - AU/Adult/CC - Ch 32 - 4/11/15

Post by begonia9508 »

So so... Liz already suspects that Maria and Max are only playing happy couple!
And I don't know why Maria does it with her, as she knows Liz for a long time... and Liz knew from Michael and Maria past relationship...

:roll: Funny couple, Kyle and Tess! They seems to hate each other but maybe it's only show... :lol:

- Les jouissances de l'esprit sont faites pour calmer les orages du coeur!
- On reconnaît le bonheur au bruit qu'il fait quand il s'en va!
- L'amour vous rend aveugle et le mariage vous redonne la vue!